Nutrition counseling is not offered
Providing backup medication is not offered

4037 NW 86 Terrace
Gainesville, FL 32608

Treated 2016 - 2017
I really appreciated Dr Rhoton’s bedside manner, explanations, compassion and thoughtfulness. However, there were some things that happened or the way in which things happened that make me question her knowledge. ... It was only until I decided to do IVF (after failed medicated IUIs) that she tested my ovarian reserve and we discovered I do have a low reserve for my age ...
Strengths: location, staff, services available. Staff works well as a team. Clinic [UF Health Reproductive Medicine] is clean and updated. Weaknesses: busy clinic, still do some paper charting, hours can be tricky (lab closed during lunch) ... Be aware that some of the ultrasound appointments will only be staffed by the nurses. I would have preferred to see the doctor for those. ...
How was your experience with Alice Rhoton-Vlasak at UF Health Reproductive Medicine?
I really appreciated Dr Rhoton’s bedside manner, explanations, compassion and thoughtfulness. However, there were some things that happened or the way in which things happened that make me question her knowledge. Perhaps I am a complicated case (and she has been totally helpful and supportive of us going out of state to a larger more well-known IVF center to continue treatment), but our egg retrieval resulted in unexpectedly small number of eggs retrieved (5-6 is what we were expecting based on ultrasounds and we only got 2). Secondly, she never tested my ovarian reserve for almost a year and a half. It was only until I decided to do IVF (after failed medicated IUIs) that she tested my ovarian reserve and we discovered I do have a low reserve for my age (prior to this we had just been given the diagnosis of unexplained infertility). Had I known this information from the beginning, we probably would have jumped straight to IVF rather than wasting precious time doing the other treatments. Dr. Rhoton is very open to your thoughts and questions, so if you go to her just make sure to educate and advocate for yourself. I wish i had pushed for the ovarian reserve test.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alice Rhoton-Vlasak at UF Health Reproductive Medicine?
Educate yourself and don’t be afraid to advocate for yourself.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alice Rhoton-Vlasak at UF Health Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Rhoton reached out to me several times after our IVF failed and continued to check up on me to make sure I was okay. I felt that she was just as disappointed with our outcomes as we were.
Describe your experience with your nurse at UF Health Reproductive Medicine.
They are super helpful and kind. They are able to answer most of your questions. However, they can get so busy. They always got back to me within 24 hours but it can be hard to get a hold of them.
Describe your experience with UF Health Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: location, staff, services available. Staff works well as a team. Clinic is clean and updated. Weaknesses: busy clinic, still do some paper charting, hours can be tricky (lab closed during lunch)
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at UF Health Reproductive Medicine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alice Rhoton-Vlasak at UF Health Reproductive Medicine.
Given our insurance and being in-network with them, our IVF cycle (which did not include a transfer) was only about $6-7k
Alice Rhoton-Vlasak

Treated 2007 - 2010
She [Dr Rhoton-Vlasak] clearly didn't know who I was as a patient. The nurses did most of the work, including reading ultrasounds. Ultimately, someone missed the fact that I ovulated during an injectable iui cycle and even though I was already pregnant and bleeding from an ectopic the doctor on call did an IUI anyway and told me it was not likely to work (the charged me for it). Despite my calling about pain and bleeding it took several more days before they did a pregnancy test and discovered the ectopic pregnancy. When I went for my initial "what happened" appointment she said that the ectopic was likely caused by Endometrosis. When I went back several months later to discuss cycling again she told me I didn't have it. In sum, I felt like she didn't care about my treatment or me, and I wasted thousands of dollars (out of pocket/no insurance) on treatmemt with her and at least a year of time when I would have been better off seeing a different doctor - any different doctor.
The clinic [UF Health Reproductive Medicine] failed to notice that I ovulated early during a monitored injectible iui cycle - they continued injections and preformed the IUI (and charged me $300 to do it) while I was already pregnant and bleeding from the ectopic pregnancy. Then they did not do anything to find out why I was bleeding and cramping for several days after the IUI. It was several days before I was finally diagnosed with the ectopic pregnancy.
She clearly didn't know who I was as a patient. The nurses did most of the work, including reading ultrasounds. Ultimately, someone missed the fact that I ovulated during an injectable iui cycle and even though I was already pregnant and bleeding from an ectopic the doctor on call did an IUI anyway and told me it was not likely to work (the charged me for it). Despite my calling about pain and bleeding it took several more days before they did a pregnancy test and discovered the ectopic pregnancy. When I went for my initial "what happened" appointment she said that the ectopic was likely caused by Endometrosis. When I went back several months later to discuss cycling again she told me I didn't have it. In sum, I felt like she didn't care about my treatment or me, and I wasted thousands of dollars (out of pocket/no insurance) on treatmemt with her and at least a year of time when I would have been better off seeing a different doctor - any different doctor.
jacksonville and Tampa are closer than you think - it is worth the drive.
After my ectopic pregnancy when I went back to discuss next options she used the cliche line "at least you can get pregnant," not recognizing how painful it was to loose a baby after over a year of fertility treatment with her. She didn't bother to read my file when I was ready to try again and changed her mind about what caused my infertility. (At first she said endo and then decided that I didn't have it - a subsequent doctor confirmed i did.) her clinic test of whether I qualified for treatment was entirely BMI based. Discussions with her made it clear she didn't read my file before stepping in the room with me.
Describe the protocols Alice Rhoton-Vlasak used in your cycles at UF Health Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We did several clomid challenges, 3 IUIs with Climid only, 3 IUIs with clomid+injectibles and some IUIs with just injectibles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at UF Health Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jean (no longer there))
Jean was the only good think about the clinic and actually wished me luck when we switched clinics.
Describe your experience with UF Health Reproductive Medicine.
If you are looking at IVF, I found clinics in Tampa and Orlando were much less expensive than Gainesville.
What specific things went wrong at UF Health Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at UF Health Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic failed to notice that I ovulated early during a monitored injectible iui cycle - they continued injections and preformed the IUI (and charged me $300 to do it) while I was already pregnant and bleeding from the ectopic pregnancy. Then they did not do anything to find out why I was bleeding and cramping for several days after the IUI. It was several days before I was finally diagnosed with the ectopic pregnancy.
Alice Rhoton-Vlasak
Treated 2017
Dr. Christman is hard to communicate with. He always interrupts when you are trying to talk to him or ask him a question. I was frustrated because he "made" us do IUIS with less than 2% chance of them working... He would always interrupt me when I tried to ask a question and laugh at things I would try to ask... He had us do 2 iuis with clomid and no monitoring. With our male factor issues this was a huge waste of money for a 2% chance it would work. He did this because he said once he had a patient get pregnant with a sperm count of 300,000 so he thought we might too though we mostly wanted to move to IVF.
[at UF Health Reproductive Med-Gainesville] It is hard to reach someone when you call, go through many phone trees and leaving messages. The nurses are friendly and helpful but I did not like Dr. Christman. The clinic is clean and seems safe. Cost of an IVF is higher than many surrounding clinics and their success rates are lower... IUI was pretty affordable there. Less than 1000 each time. However we did not use injectables or do any monitoring to confirm ovulation per the doctor.
How was your experience with Gregory Christman at UF Health Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gregory Christman at UF Health Reproductive Medicine?
Only see him if you do not want to talk and want the doctor to talk over you
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gregory Christman at UF Health Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the protocols Gregory Christman used in your cycles at UF Health Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at UF Health Reproductive Medicine.
The nurses were all friendly and helpful. It was hard to reach people there though.
Describe your experience with UF Health Reproductive Medicine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gregory Christman at UF Health Reproductive Medicine.
Describe Gregory Christman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at UF Health Reproductive Medicine.
Gregory Christman