119 Belmont Street
Kendall
33 Kendall
Worcester, MA 01605
508-334-1345
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend UMass Memorial to a friend?
Neutral: 100%7

4.5

2 doctors
2013 - 2015
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
The [UMass Memorial] clinic as a whole is disorganized. They share a space with a general OB/GYN clinic and I can't stress enough how much it sucks to come in for an appointment and be surrounded by some of Worcester's finest with bellies the size of basketballs. Whoever decided that was a good idea is a total masochist. Also had issues where the lab wasn't staffed for morning bloodwork or the secretaries completely bungled my appointment scheduling...
2013 - 2015
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with UMass Memorial.
The clinic as a whole is disorganized. They share a space with a general OB/GYN clinic and I can't stress enough how much it sucks to come in for an appointment and be surrounded by some of Worcester's finest with bellies the size of basketballs. Whoever decided that was a good idea is a total masochist. Also had issues where the lab wasn't staffed for morning bloodwork or the secretaries completely bungled my appointment scheduling.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shaila V. Chauhan at UMass Memorial?
Mostly because the nurses were so attentive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at UMass Memorial. (Assigned nurse: Pauline)
Although I also dealt with Laura Jean, Pauline was my primary nurse and she was amazing through every step of the process. She was compassionate and knowledgable and would call just to make sure that I was okay. Laura Jean was also wonderful, and always was able to make me laugh even through some of the worst times of my life.
What specific things went wrong at UMass Memorial?
How was your experience with Shaila V. Chauhan at UMass Memorial?
She isn't the type to hold your hand and tiptoe around. She's very direct, but at the same time she cares on a personal level.
Describe the protocols Shaila V. Chauhan used in your cycles at UMass Memorial and their degree of success.
We did one antagonist and then one agonist cycle. My fifth transfer was to be the last one before we started discussing more aggressive treatments, but that was the one that resulted in my daughter.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shaila V. Chauhan at UMass Memorial.
Covered by insurance.
Shaila V. Chauhan
Belmont

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Shaila V. Chauhan at UMass Memorial.

I have only spoken with them [UMass Memorial] on the phone. They once called and said I was good to go on an IUI only to call back and say there was a mistake bc they didn't see that the egg was on the side that was blocked. That was frustrating as I feel care should always be taken to read the chart first...Go for an early morning apt. The lab is kind of hit or miss...
Describe your experience with UMass Memorial.
Go for an early morning apt. The lab is kind of hit or miss.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Julia Johnson at UMass Memorial?
She has a great bedside manner. She takes the time to talk with you and call you.
I have only spoken with them on the phone. They once called and said I was good to go on an IUI only to call back and say there was a mistake bc they didn't see that the egg was on the side that was blocked. That was frustrating as I feel care should always be taken to read the chart first.
What specific things went wrong at UMass Memorial?
How was your experience with Julia Johnson at UMass Memorial?
She does all consults but IUI and ultrasound are performed by staff. She did the HSG though.
Describe the protocols Julia Johnson used in your cycles at UMass Memorial and their degree of success.
I have a blocked tube. She did not think unblocking would necessarily solve the problem. Sometimes I wonder if I should have just done the procedure anyway because I felt I lost a few months trying while I waited for new insurance to kick in that would cover IUI. She said I only had a small chance the tube would stay open.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Julia Johnson at UMass Memorial.
I live in mass and have insurance that covers my procedures. I pay for my insurance out of pocket. It is $440/mo.
Julia Johnson
Belmont

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Julia Johnson at UMass Memorial.