Genetic counseling: Offered
Selling medication: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
23550 Hawthorne Boulevard
Torrance, CA 90505
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend University Fertility Center to a friend?

5.9

1 doctor
Dr Kim is the embryologist, he lacks people skills and lacks compassion. He diagnosed me with poor egg quality by comparing my embryos with older women who had better embryos from better eggs than I had. ... The nurses are also the receptionist [ University Fertility Center] and they are very nice people, but very overwhelmed. ... Strength: they are affordable and they don’t deny anyone for treatment. They partner with discount pharmacies to help with medicine costs.
Describe your experience with University Fertility Center.
Strength: they are affordable and they don’t deny anyone for treatment. They partner with discount pharmacies to help with medicine costs. Weakness: they are very busy and can fall behind on their appointments. Plan to be there for 2 hours for a 15 min appointment. They also don’t call to confirm appointments, it is up to you to remember and show up.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Omid Khorram at University Fertility Center?
Dr Khorram is very smart and very good at his job but the clinic is so full all the time, he doesn’t give time to each patient to explain what he’s doing or looking for. He made me feel like a number the first round, but the second round I was more prepared and researched more so I knew what to ask, and he answered my questions.
The nurses are also the receptionist and they are very nice people, but very overwhelmed. They probably see 2 or 3 patients per time slot. ie: 2 patients have appointment at 1pm, 2 patients at 1:15pm, 3 patients at 1:30pm, and they start to fall behind.
How was your experience with Omid Khorram at University Fertility Center?
Dr Khorram is very knowledgeable and was very accurate with timing my cycles. He doesn’t reject any patient and in return the clinic is very busy. He usually will not explain what he’s looking for during an ultrasound unless I ask. After each ultrasound he takes patients to his office to give next steps. This is where I get to ask more questions also.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Omid Khorram at University Fertility Center?
Be very patient with wait times and give yourself at least 2 hours even though your appointment will only take 10-15 minutes.
Describe the protocols Omid Khorram used in your cycles at University Fertility Center and their degree of success.
First cycle he had me take 2 viles of stim hormones in AM and 2 viles in PM. For my second cycle he upped the dosage to 3 viles AM & PM. He also did a fresh cycle with 5 day embryos the first time, the second time he did a frozen embryo transfer 2 months after egg retrieval.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Omid Khorram at University Fertility Center.
For my first IVF cycle with Stims, pills, a fresh cycle and PGS testing, we paid about $18K. For our second IVF round, with a frozen cycle and no PGS testing we have spent so far about $15K, but we are still in the middle of it.
Describe Omid Khorram's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at University Fertility Center.
Dr Kim is the embryologist, he lacks people skills and lacks compassion. He diagnosed me with poor egg quality by comparing my embryos with older women who had better embryos from better eggs than I had. I hated this day, and I hate him.
Torrance

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Omid Khorram at University Fertility Center.

I had some bad experiences throughout my fertility treatment. ... I was informed that if I got pregnant with more than two I would be forced to terminate one of the embryos ... On one occasion I traveled two hours to get to my appointment only to be told that the Doctor had left and I was not going to be seen. They [University Fertility Center] offered me no compassion. ... On one occasion, the nurse read me the wrong lab results which suggested I had a chemical pregnancy. My levels had actually tripled. ...
Describe your experience with University Fertility Center.
Clinic is small and that is probably a good thing. You will always see the same doctor and nurses. I will always be grateful to this clinic because it resulted in my beautiful babies, however it did come at an emotional cost. I had some bad experiences throughout my fertility treatment. You are already very emotional because of the medication and sometimes they made things a little more difficult rather then making them easier. I have some frozen embryos there that I will consider transferring to another clinic for future pregnancies. However, the cost is incomparable to other clinics. It is very affordable and obviously there are several positive stories, I would just make sure if you go you completely advocate for yourself and ask questions.
Dr. Khorram's office is always very full. I use to arrive early to try and be seen at my scheduled time. I come from a small time with little to no resources so we were forced to go out of town for treatment. On one occasion I traveled two hours to get to my appointment only to be told that the Doctor had left and I was not going to be seen. They offered me no compassion.
Nursing staff was excellent on some occasions and on other occasions they lacked any compassion or sympathy. On one of my cycles the nurse gave me the wrong results and informed me the pregnancy had failed when in fact it was positive. She reported the wrong numbers and I only found out once I called the lab directly.
How was your experience with Omid Khorram at University Fertility Center?
Dr. Khorram was a hands on doctor. He performed all of the procedures and ultrasounds himself. My only concern was that he was not good at communicating any of the information. He would only give you minimal information. Although if you had questions he would answer them so be prepared every time you go with a list of questions.
This doctor is very affordable and I am very grateful I conceived my twins with him, however, you have to raise your voice and ask questions. They will not hold your hand through the process, they give you the information once and you better remember every detail. You have to advocate for yourself. Speak up!
After my 3rd IVF failed transfer I asked the doctor for a different treatment or protocol as the other attempts obviously were not working. It was only because I asked that we changed the medication and tried a new medication. I firmly believe this is the only reason the 4th transfer worked. Again, this would not have occurred if I had not requested it.
I did two retrievals and four transfers. I spent over $20,000.
Doctor always wanted to transfer multiple embryos based on the quality of my embryos which I understood. However, I was informed that if I got pregnant with more than two I would be forced to terminate one of the embryos, which would not have happened willingly. I agreed only to move forward with the procedure.

2015 - 2019
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Surrogacy
I would say the strength of the clinic [University Fertility Ctr] is mainly lowest cost in the Los Angeles area that I have researched so far. They are honest. Weakness would be the prolonged appointment wait time, but what would you expect, Dr. Khorram is in high demand. Be ready to wait longer hours on top of your originally planned appointment. Also, weakness was that you really need to ask what the next step would be and what to expect, side effects, pros and cons, seek advice and make sure you get all your questions ready to ask
2015 - 2019
Other, Prefer not to answer
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Surrogacy
Describe your experience with University Fertility Center.
I would say the strength of the clinic is mainly lowest cost in the Los Angeles area that I have researched so far. They are honest. Weakness would be the prolonged appointment wait time, but what would you expect, Dr. Khorram is in high demand. Be ready to wait longer hours on top of your originally planned appointment. Also, weakness was that you really need to ask what the next step would be and what to expect, side effects, pros and cons, seek advice and make sure you get all your questions ready to ask because it could be hard to get a hold of the office because they was extremely busy, especially on the weekends.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Ana, Claudia)
They are very helpful and will text or call you back when need be.
How was your experience with Omid Khorram at University Fertility Center?
Dr. Khorram doesn’t sugar coat and can have no emotion when he tells you what’s going on with your IVF process. Even his emails can be short using one word answers or least comments as possible. I give him the excuse that he’s probably real busy answering other emails and voice messages, which is the cause for his short answers.
He is honest and will tell you as it is. He is ethical and won’t do anything that he thinks is wrong to do just for the money. He cares more to give you a baby than get that extra cash.
Dr. Khorram followed my other RE’s protocol for the most part with stimulation treatment because I supposedly responded well with the treatment at the time. Of course he added more because IVF requires more medications.
$7-12000
I bled upon my transfer day when Dr. Khorram was about to transfer 3 embryos. Because of the unexplained bleeding, he told me he couldn’t continue because bleeding and embryos don’t mix. Therefore, he said that he’d have to freeze my embryos then and start me on birth control. Still currently in progress.
Torrance

The office staff [at University Fertility Center] does a great job of scheduling and sometimes the inevitable happens and delays occur...This is a busy clinic and the nursing/office staff do their very best to tend to patients. They dis a great job in communicating with me and going above and beyond. There were times when I needed prescriptions called in to my preferred pharmacy and they expedited the process to ensure i had the medication I needed.
Describe your experience with University Fertility Center.
This clinic has very reasonable rates and will provide you with necessary quality care to get us from point a to point b. I love that this clinic is efficient. I have read in other reviews that wait times are long. This does not happen every time. The office staff does a great job of scheduling and sometimes the inevitable happens and delays occur.
Dr. Khorram is a very honest doctor and will give you information clearly and easy to understand. His appointments are efficient.
How was your experience with Omid Khorram at University Fertility Center?
Through the appointment the doctor projects confidence and expertise. I trusted him on day one. He made me feel comfortable without trying to to tip toe around the topic. I loved that he was direct. I actually appreciate that this doctor does not tap into emotions very much. I feel it helps keep me as a patient focused on the facts.
If you have a question then ask him. After the first appointment he will give you only the information that is relevant to the current stage of your treatment at every additional appointment. I appreciate this because it kept me from becoming overwhelmed.
Approximately $13,000
I appreciate that my doctor shared he transfers two embryos.

2 IVF, Surrogacy
PCOS, Other, Unexplained
I wanted the message to be sent to the embryologist that I would pay for the additional testing and that was not conveyed when the doctor called me they had only tested the 1st 8 and were not apologetic about it ...[University Fertility Center] ... There was a price discrepancy on the transfer and I had the price on an email from the doctor however Anna did not honor ... Very friendly and very helpful and tried to get medication to patients as soon as possible also worked hard to asure you got your appointment when you needed it and assisted with getting great prices with the clinic
2 IVF, Surrogacy
PCOS, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with University Fertility Center.
I felt like a person because he was honest and upfront about my treatment
Describe your experience with your nurse at University Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Ana)
There was a price discrepancy on the transfer and I had the price on an email from the doctor however Anna did not honor and stated that the doctor would not honor it as well so that was a bit disappointing
How was your experience with Omid Khorram at University Fertility Center?
When I emailed Dr. Khorran on Sunday night I received a response. He worked long hours and took his time with patients so he was worth the wait. He worked holidays and late hours. He was honest about my treatment.
Get your prices upfront at first appointment. Get there on time. He is great and worth the 2 -3 hour wait.
I did I surrogacy transfer so my protocol was synced up to my Surrogate and I took the fertility medication, did the egg retrieval had a 5 day transfer and last the 2 week wait
12000

2012 - 2014
They [University Fertility Center-Torrance] do all the everything there at the clinic but there were lots of long wait time sometimes up to an hour. The place was clean and organized. Small waiting room which I waited in for long periods of time. They do the egg retrieval, sperm donation and transfer there.... The nursing staff was kind but they sometimes made mistakes and were not good at communication
2012 - 2014
Describe your experience with University Fertility Center.
They do all the everything there at the clinic but there were lots of long wait time sometimes up to an hour. The place was clean and organized. Small waiting room which I waited in for long periods of time. They do the egg retrieval, sperm donation and transfer there.
He is very low priced, so he is super busy and he has a very direct bedside manner. He does just states the facts with not a lot of personality
How was your experience with Omid Khorram at University Fertility Center?
He comes off with little personality but he know his stuff and is very low priced. We were successful with both transfers. He is very professional and even thought I should just try again naturally. I saw him most every time I went to his office and he performed the egg retrial and egg transfer.
Make sure you keep on top of everything, the front staff can make mistakes
I don't remember everything but he did have me on Progesterone for both cycles
I don't really remember but he lower cost them most
He was willing to do either way, I choose to do 3 a time because of wanting to be successful the first time and was willing to have multiplies

2014 - 2017
6 IUI, IVF
Strengths [U Fertility Ctr] are you will see your doctor every time. Dr. Khorram is good at what he does. You will pay less than other clinics. Weakness is he is a poor communicator and little bedside manners. Since he sees all his patients each time the wait may be long.... [Clinic Errors] Only that there was poor communication as to the cost and that added extra stress the day of transfer.... Have questions written down.
2014 - 2017
6 IUI, IVF
Describe your experience with University Fertility Center.
Strengths are you will see your doctor every time. Dr. Khorram is good at what he does. You will pay less than other clinics. Weakness is he is a poor communicator and little bedside manners. Since he sees all his patients each time the wait may be long.
Dr. Khorram has very little bedside manner.
Very organized.
How was your experience with Omid Khorram at University Fertility Center?
Dr. Khorram is a very intelligent doctor and I trust he knows best. He could use some improvement on bedside manner, and explaining procedures to his patients. If I had a question I kind of felt like he was rushed or a little dumb for asking.
Have questions written down. Don’t expect a lot of enthusiasm from Dr. Khorram. But trust that he is very good at what he does.
I believe my first round was very typical, a lot of ultrasound appointments to check my ovaries for eggs. Egg retrieval was normal. We waited about 3 days to put two embryos back in.
The single embryo transfer was our choice. He pushed us to put in two, but we only wanted one as we had experienced twins and the stress on my body already. We should have listened, the one did not take. He told me it was because we only put in one.
Torrance

The communication is not that great [at University Fertility Center] between the dr [Dr. Khorram] and the embryologist and nurses. One strength is that dr k does everything on his own...The cost of an ivf cycle was around 7,500 and a frozen transfer was 2,200...The [nursing] girls will ask you to call the doctor yourself instead of relaying questions or information...Did not get the results of my beta until after 10pm and it was done by email...
Describe your experience with University Fertility Center.
The communication is not that great between the dr and the embryologist and nurses. One strength is that dr k does everything on his own.
He takes calls at all hours. Answers emails personally And often doesn't charge for things most Clinics do.
The girls will ask you to call the doctor yourself instead of relaying questions or information.
How was your experience with Omid Khorram at University Fertility Center?
Dr Khorram follows a set protocol, but will change things based on your response. He does not use high doses of meds. He did every ultrasound and visit personally. He is always available To answer your questions.
Be patient. He's the only doctor in his office
Dr k. Used low dose stimulation protocols. He uses birth control instead of lupron.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at University Fertility Center.
Dr k does everything himself so there is usually a wait. He is the only one that does appointments and ultrasounds and consults.
The cost of an ivf cycle was around 7,500 and a frozen transfer was 2,200
Dr k does do multiple embryo Transfers especially for older patients