University Hospitals Fertility Center

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
1000 Auburn Drive
Beachwood, OH 44122
216-285-5028
2055 Crocker Rd.
Westlake, OH 44145
440-808-5100
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend University Hospitals Fertility Center to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 16Neutral: 2Don't recommend: 88.2
2 IUI, IVF, 5 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
the team [Univ Hospitals] was rather unorganized and didn't take the time to prepare or review my chart prior to meeting with me and as a result this led to a number of issues. Issues such as making assumptions about me that were not true, confusion about what treatments and procedures I was to have, or had already had, and many miscommunications as well as no communication...The ultrasound tech, Carmella is fantastic and I've no trouble with the phlebotomist either.
2 IUI, IVF, 5 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with University Hospitals Fertility Center.
On paper, this clinic is highly reputable. The facility is clean. They struggle with organization, and communication is not their strong suit consistently. I would argue communication with patients and communication amongst the medical team is lacking. I also would've thought that in the aftermath of the freezer malfunction they would try to quickly improve their service delivery from all angles, but this hasn't happened. Again, I strongly encourage you to be an advocate for yourself from day one and keep good notes.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with James Goldfarb at University Hospitals Fertility Center?
My answer varies a bit depending on the situation. When I first met Dr. Goldfarb it seemed he saw me as a human. I initially underwent two rounds of egg freezing for fertility preservation. I saw him a few years later to attempt IUI, but I was interacting with the nurses more than the doctor. I began to feel more like a number because the team was rather unorganized and didn't take the time to prepare or review my chart prior to meeting with me and as a result this led to a number of issues. Issues such as making assumptions about me that were not true, confusion about what treatments and procedures I was to have, or had already had, and many miscommunications as well as no communication.
Nurses in this practice change like the weather. They are not always organized and often communicated differing information. I ended up requesting that I be assigned a primary nurse, which worked for a little while. This is challenging because most of the nurses are not there every day so you're bound to see a few nurses. You also have to stay on top of them because as I mentioned, the primary nurse assignment worked for a bit, but then it reverted to the multiple different nurses again. I often wonder if the caseload is not manageable for the staff they have and perhaps that is why there is disorganization and a lack of, or poor communication. Given these items, I felt more like a number as the nurses often struggled to remember things about me or my cycle between appointments.
What specific things went wrong at University Hospitals Fertility Center?
How was your experience with James Goldfarb at University Hospitals Fertility Center?
Dr. Goldfarb is an extremely experienced reproductive endocrinologist. I felt at times early in my treatment with him that he would talk as though I knew and understood everything related to fertility treatment, which was not the case. I wasn't overly troubled by this initially because I was freezing my eggs for fertility preservation and not actively trying to conceive. I'm also not afraid to speak up for myself so I was able to ask questions if need be. Then, about 5 years after my initial experience with him, there was a freezer malfunction in the lab where my eggs were stored and all of my eggs were destroyed. Following said disaster my interactions with Dr. Goldfarb changed. Given the sensitive nature of the fertility process, my assumption and expectation was that the treating physician would be sensitive and supportive. Then after the freezer malfunction, which made an already sensitive process exponentially more sensitive and emotional, I naively thought my doctor would bend over backwards for me, making sure to handle my case with kid gloves. Unfortunately, this did not happen. I felt I was offered empty apologies, conflicting information and to make matters worse, the doctor regularly told me stories about himself or his family members in an attempt to make me feel better. Clearly his attempts went terribly wrong. To give you an example, after losing my eggs I was told there was a waitlist to start another round of egg freezing. This didn't sit well with me because I felt I would lose more time having to wait. When I expressed my frustration to Dr. Goldfarb he said he completely understood and then proceeded to tell me he had been scheduled for a procedure once that had to be cancelled unexpectedly. This example was not helpful to me. He turned what was a very horrible situation for me, about himself and did nothing to validate my feelings or advocate for me. Furthermore, this happened on more than one occasion. I found his approach to be unsympathetic, minimizing my experience.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of James Goldfarb at University Hospitals Fertility Center?
Know what you need from your physician and be a strong advocate for yourself.
Describe the protocols James Goldfarb used in your cycles at University Hospitals Fertility Center and their degree of success.
My protocol never changed under Dr. Goldfarb's care. I was on Follistim, Menopur and Ganirelix, with the hcg trigger. All doses were the maximum that could be prescribed. Of note, I have not been diagnosed with fertility issues thus far. I have undergone fertility preservation and two non-medicated iui's. When I presented to re-do my egg freezing after the disaster, my protocol did not change despite being 5 years older. It's my understanding that this group of physicians prefers to keep the protocol the same if the patient has responded well previously.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at University Hospitals Fertility Center.
This clinic has monitoring hours, but the nurse will ask you what time you want to come in. Even though you select a time, they still take you first come first serve. It is my understanding that they are starting to give actual appointments now. During one of my recent cycles I arrived for monitoring on two occasions and was told I didn't have an appointment. The ultrasound tech, Carmella is fantastic and I've no trouble with the phlebotomist either.
Describe the costs associated with your care under James Goldfarb at University Hospitals Fertility Center.
The medications were expensive. If I remember correctly, around $5,000 or so. I do have a fertility benefit under my insurance although it is limited. Nevertheless it has been an expensive endeavor. Sorry I don't have more specifics on cost. Storage fees were $400/yr.
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 5 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
The clinic [Univ Hospitals] is clean. The clinic needs to improve upon organization, and communication in all areas from administrative to nursing and at the physician level... they [nurses] don't seem to prepare or review your chart before meeting with you. I would argue that I felt more like a number when working with the nurses than a human. The nurses who I worked with during my retrievals on the other hand were great.
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 5 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with University Hospitals Fertility Center.
This clinic has a good reputation for the most part. The clinic is clean. The clinic needs to improve upon organization, and communication in all areas from administrative to nursing and at the physician level.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rachel Weinerman at University Hospitals Fertility Center?
I decided to change physicians and chose Dr. Weinerman. Dr. Weinerman entered the picture when I really needed someone who was going to advocate on my behalf. From the first time I spoke to her via phone, she said what I needed to hear and I could tell she was genuine. She took the time to speak with me and answer my questions at length. Dr. Weinerman didn't sugarcoat anything, but she still maintained a warm demeanor, which I really needed. After talking via phone, she made it a point to meet me during one of my monitoring visits and again spent a substantial amount of time talking with me. Consequently I felt that she viewed me as an individual and a human, not just a number.
The nursing staff was a bit more consistent during my third cycle. I had the same nurse for most days. The one con is that she was orienting a new nurse and I wasn't asked if I was ok with that. There was one instance on my second day of monitoring where the nurse said things weren't looking good. She said she would have thought that I would have responded more. She then flipped through my chart to look at a previous cycle and noticed that I was slower to respond during the previous cycle too. Because of this she was not as concerned about the lack of progress noted at that visit. This upset me because had she not jumped to the conclusion that I wasn't responding and instead taken the time to look back at previous cycles she would've known that this finding was not abnormal. This goes back to my previous review of the nurses and how they don't seem to prepare or review your chart before meeting with you. I would argue that I felt more like a number when working with the nurses than a human. The nurses who I worked with during my retrievals on the other hand were great.
What specific things went wrong at University Hospitals Fertility Center?
How was your experience with Rachel Weinerman at University Hospitals Fertility Center?
I decided to change physicians to Dr. Weinerman from another doc in the group. Dr. Weinerman entered the picture when I really needed someone who was going to advocate on my behalf. From the first time I spoke to her via phone, she said what I needed to hear and genuinely expressed her apologies for the loss of all of my eggs. She took the time to speak with me and answer my questions at length. I felt that I could be myself, honest and vulnerable with her and that I wouldn't be judged. Dr. Weinerman didn't sugarcoat anything, but she still maintained a warm demeanor, which I also really needed. After talking via phone, she made it a point to meet me during one of my monitoring visits and again spent a substantial amount of time talking with me.
Describe the protocols Rachel Weinerman used in your cycles at University Hospitals Fertility Center and their degree of success.
My protocol didn't change with Dr. Weinerman at first. I used follistim, menopur and ganirelix as well as the hcg trigger. I was taking the highest doses and got 8 eggs. For my second cycle with her I asked to alter things and used lupron instead of ganirelix. I got 10 eggs with that cycle.
Monitoring was fine.
Rachel Weinerman
Beachwood
The clinic [University Hospitals Fertility Ctr] has a terrible billing system. The clinic does not encourage PGS testing on embryos. They also do not grade embryos the way you may see online through other clinics with an “ABC” rating. They do not give you details of the embryo quality.... Helpful nursing staff. No complaints.... IVF costs $9800 out of pocket for the first cycle. Drugs and follicle monitoring are not included.
Describe your experience with University Hospitals Fertility Center.
The clinic has a terrible billing system. The clinic does not encourage PGS testing on embryos. They also do not grade embryos the way you may see online through other clinics with an “ABC” rating. They do not give you details of the embryo quality.
In the beginning I felt like a human and my tests came out with great results so everyone was optimistic. Then when I had the 2nd retrieval, I barely saw my RE and after the failed transfer, I haven’t heard from him since.
Helpful nursing staff. No complaints.
Very good credentials and history of infertility treatments. However, I barely saw my RE through both cycles and I did not communicate with him a lot. He did not go over any thoughts or suggestions for the next cycle. It seemed like he thought our success would be easy with IVF dealing with male factor, but we have not been able to produce strong embryos. The 2nd cycle suggestion was to create more eggs than the first and we ended up getting way less the 2nd time. He still wanted to proceed and I was uneasy about it. Of course the 2nd cycle as a fail and only 1 embryo made it. We are very disappointed. No explanation whatsoever from the clinic.
Make him more involved in your treatment.
The first was long Lupron with Follistim. Lupron seemed to have made my ovaries not produce so the Follistim dosage kept increasing and my estrogen level was sky high. It produced around 16 eggs. 12 mature. The 2nd cycle was Menopur, Follistim and Ganirelix to try to get more eggs due to my high AMH than the first try. Since they kept my Follistim dosage low at 175 IU and 175 menopur, I only yielded 10 eggs. 1 was transferred and the rest stopped growing. It seemed my estrogen level was more important than number of eggs.
Describe James Goldfarb's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at University Hospitals Fertility Center.
No preference. Max 2 depending on what the embryos looked like.
Beachwood
Everyone is very sweet in the office [University Hospitals Fertility Center]. The waiting room is comfortable. The office is located in the University Hospital in Beachwood and is very nice. When entering the hospital, I’m always greeted by the valet staff.... Every nurse that I’ve worked with has been very knowledgeable. I’ve had a few conversations that were rough for me, but they were kind and offered support.
Describe your experience with University Hospitals Fertility Center.
Everyone is very sweet in the office. The waiting room is comfortable. The office is located in the University Hospital in Beachwood and is very nice. When entering the hospital, I’m always greeted by the valet staff.
The whole staff is very friendly.
Dr. Goldfarb is very thorough when discussing treatments. He has a gentle demeanor and is very kind and caring. He doesn’t hesitate to get on the phone and discuss the situation and go over all of the options. I could tell that he really loves his job and enjoys meeting new patients and getting to know them!
I don’t really have any advice. I feel like they cover everything very well during your first couple of visits.
I had already had 3 unsuccessful IUIs with another dr. in another state and 10 years of trying to conceive. Dr. Goldfarb agreed that we should jump right to IVF. I started the injections ganarelix, follistem, HCG. I had 1 follicle that was way too big for IVF, so we opted for an IUI. Dr. Goldfarb put me on Lupron right away just in case our IUI didn’t work so we could jump right back the next month. Our IUI WAS unsuccessful, so I continued Lupron and added follistem and menopur. We are in the process of seeing if this protocol will work.
I am self pay. Each ultrasound and blood draw is $200. The retrieval and transfer is $10,000. My first round of meds was $1500 and my second round was $1260.
We are not to this point yet.
Beachwood
The clinic [Univ Hospitals - Westlake] is great! All the staff are friendly. They seem to be very efficient in my experience. The office itself is always clean and the wait time is usually minimal. Sometimes if they have a lot of patients being monitored it can get a bit crowded in the waiting room... On an average monitoring appointment with lab work and ultrasound I am in and out in 30 minutes! That’s amazing! One of the nurses always calls me later that afternoon after talking to Dr Rossi with the results of my labs and an updated plan.
Describe your experience with University Hospitals Fertility Center.
The clinic is great! All the staff are friendly. They seem to be very efficient in my experience. The office itself is always clean and the wait time is usually minimal. Sometimes if they have a lot of patients being monitored it can get a bit crowded in the waiting room, as it is small and there are only 8 or so chairs.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brooke Rossi at University Hospitals Fertility Center?
Each time I’ve met with Dr. Rossi she has been incredibly kind, patient and thorough. She takes the time to get to know your personal history, current concerns and formulated a plan to fit your needs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University Hospitals Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Diane and Carol)
Both nurses that I see regularly at the clinic are phenomenal! I see them approximately 6 times per month and they are always pleasant, informative and gentle. I’m also very impressed with the speediness of the clinic. On an average monitoring appointment with lab work and ultrasound I am in and out in 30 minutes! That’s amazing! One of the nurses always calls me later that afternoon after talking to Dr Rossi with the results of my labs and an updated plan.
How was your experience with Brooke Rossi at University Hospitals Fertility Center?
Dr Rossi is very pleasant and easy to talk to. She treats you with respect and lays out all the information needed for you to make an educated decision about your own treatment. Approximately 3 months ago I had an ectopic pregnancy. I went to my local emergency room and needed emergency surgery. I had called the clinic before going into surgery to let them know but Dr Rossi wasn’t in that day. I let the nurse know and she said to keep them posted. About an hour later Dr Rossi called me herself to find out how I was doing and give me some advice to make sure the surgeon did whatever she could to spare my damaged tube. Dr Rossi also called me 2 days later to check on me and make sure surgery went ok and to get an update and talk about where we go from there. She truly cares about her patients and their well-being and does what she can to make this difficult process a little easier.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brooke Rossi at University Hospitals Fertility Center?
If you have had any prior testing or treatments, try to get all records from that to take with you on your consult visit. It is super helpful to have hard copies of everything right there with you and she then can dictate all your history right into your chart.
Describe the protocols Brooke Rossi used in your cycles at University Hospitals Fertility Center and their degree of success.
My first 3 months of treatment I took letrozle 5mg daily on cycle days 3-7 with timed intercourse. I had already tried Clomid with another doctor and although I was thought to ovulate with Clomid, she wanted to try something different. All 3 months I ovulated and all 3 months failed. After the letrozole, we switched back to Clomid and did 3 monitored IUI cycles. Again, Each cycle I ovulated and each cycle failed. We then met for a sort of “regroup” as I was getting tired of the same results. Our options were continue on oral medicated IUI cycles, try injectable IUI cycles or move on to IVF. Obviously, IVF gave us the best success rate but we pay out of pocket for treatment and can not afford IVF. We opted for injectable cycles with IUI. Dr Rossi said she would allow us to do 3 cycles but if they didn’t work that we would need to move onto IVF and that the sooner the better. I have done 2 cycles so far with Gonal-F injections beginning at 100iu on cycle day 3 and am monitored every other day. My doses have been tweaked a little here and there depending on my estradiol levels throughout the cycle. My first injectable cycle I had 1-2 mature follicles and triggered with Ovidrel for IUI 36 hours later. Beginning 3 days after IUI I start using Progesterone suppositories twice daily. Failed cycle. I am now currently in my two week wait after my second injectable cycle with the same protocol. This time I had 2-3 mature follicles. Crossing my fingers for a positive result!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brooke Rossi at University Hospitals Fertility Center.
My insurance covers the testing and medications so my cost was cut significantly by that. I pay approx $200 per month for the monitoring and medications. My IUIs cost $420 per cycle and an IVF cycle costs approx $10,000 (we haven’t gone through with that yet due to the cost)
5 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
You can make some appointments at the Westlake office...Some procedures have to be done at the Beachwood location (Ahuja Medical Center). Everyone is so nice at both locations...Nurse Diane and Nurse Carol are the primary nurses you see at UH Fertility's Westlake office. They are the best!...IUI with donor sperm was $300 (not including the cost of sperm). IVF is $10,000 for egg retrieval and embryo transfer...I'm single ttc, so all of my procedures have been with donor sperm.
5 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with University Hospitals Fertility Center.
You can make some appointments at the Westlake office (across from Crocker Park). This is more convenient for some rather than driving to Beachwood. Some procedures have to be done at the Beachwood location (Ahuja Medical Center). Everyone is so nice at both locations.
Dr. Rossi is both objective/clinical, while still being empathetic.
Dr. Rossi makes me feel comfortable. She provides all options, and you decide what treatment you are comfortable with at the time. She is also comfortably conservative, meaning she doesn't rush to invasive surgeries without trying less invasive treatments or procedures first. When I achieved my pregnancy via IVF, I sadly miscarried. She discussed the potential "why's" to the situation, but then gave me a sincere hug and said "I'm so sorry; we will keep working..." I felt so comforted and understood in that moment, which is why I continue to see her. She has also done both of my surgeries (lap. cystectomy and open myomectomy) with good results. I look forward to my 2nd IVF attempt in the summer 2018, once my uterus is completely healed from the myomectomy.
Prepare a list of questions before your appointment. It's so easy to forget something you wanted to discuss with her.
I'm single ttc, so all of my procedures have been with donor sperm. My first IUI was a natural cycle. Then I used clomid for the next few IUI's. My 5th IUI was a canceled IVF cycle due to lack of response (didn't have enough follicles to warrant an IVF cycle), so I did IUI. All 5 IUI's were negative. My 1st and only IVF resulted in a pregnancy in Oct. 2017, but I miscarried at 7 weeks. I had transferred two day 3 embryos, and was pregnant with a singleton. Since I had a miscarriage, we decided to move forward with an open myomectomy in Jan. 2018 to remove 6 fibroids, as well as endometriosis (which we already knew I had from the cystectomy I had in April 2017). I've done two egg retrievals. One before the 1st IVF cycle and a second cycle before the myomectomy. So now I have two day 3 embryos and two day 6 embryos. Once my uterus heals in 6 months (July 2018), I will transfer another embryo(s).
IUI with donor sperm was $300 (not including the cost of sperm). IVF is $10,000 for egg retrieval and embryo transfer, plus another $2,000 or so for meds from a local pharmacy (depends on your specific protocol).
Describe Brooke Rossi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at University Hospitals Fertility Center.
Yes, my Dr. and the UH practice follows the guidelines; however, it depends on your age, health issues, etc. As well as the determined quality of your embryos, etc. The entire team discusses which embryos and how many you should transfer beforehand, but it's ultimately up to you and what you are comfortable with the day of transfer.
IVF, Donor Eggs
The nurses [at University Hospitals Fertility Center] answer every question and return caslls in a timely manner...Just recently university hospitals had a temperature error in a tank holding frozen eggs, embryos and sperm. Unfortunately 2000 samples were compromised. Our 9 frozen embryos are no longer viable due to this...The weaknesses are that sometimes there is a wait for your appointment or they may be running behind a bit, however that is because they take their time with their patients and I appreciate that. They are caring and informative. They even have me options for financing through ARC. They make you feel important and like you matter to them.
IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with University Hospitals Fertility Center.
Dr Goldfarb has always been very caring and compassionate towards our individual situation. He met with us in his office rather than an exam room and spoke to us face to face. He explained everything in detail and answered every question we had with no feeling of being rushed. He called to check in on me several times and never made me feel like a bother with all of my questions.
The nurses also answer every question and return caslls in a timely manner.
What specific things went wrong at University Hospitals Fertility Center?
Each visit I felt like a priority. It was never an "ok we have 15 minutes scheduled so let's get going". He made sure I was comfortable with every procedure and decision before moving forward. I felt like I was a part of every part of the process, not just an observer. He has the best bedside manner.
Ask a lot of questions and trust him. He's one of the best in the business and he's been doing this for 35 years!
We had to use n egg donor and fortunately we already knew who we were using. He set us up with his secretary nurse who scheduled everything perfectly for us. We had another Dr perform the embryo transfer who was also wonderful. We had great phone and email communication during the entire process. Our donor had the eggs retrieved and they called each day to tell us how they were progressing. When we had the transfer the Dr was very thorough in explaining what to expect and answered all questions.
It was around $18,000.00. We financed through ARC
He recommended singhle transfer for less risk, however we chose to transfer multiple.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
The nursing staff [at University Hospitals] was generally helpful and supportive...I made an appointment for a saline sonogram following an incomplete miscarriage. After driving 2 hours to the appointment, the front office staff was surprised to have a patient and I overheard the receptionist tell a nurse that I said I had an appointment and nothing was in the book... Some mornings there was little wait, other mornings it would be an hour.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with University Hospitals Fertility Center.
At this point, they've had a cyro tank malfunction and lost everything. I don't think I would recommend anyone to them. The rotation of doctors to a very pushy, uncaring doctor besides Dr Goldfarb also made the process stressful
Dr Goldfarb personally called me after my miscarriages and also remembered little things that we discussed.
The nursing staff was generally helpful and supportive. One nurse. Ashley, tended to be distressing. She would answer questions with i don't know not I'll check with the doctor and let you know. I had a horrible experience with the sonogram tech, Carmela. She tols me my baby had no heartbeat. I miscarried but it was incomplete. When I returned for a saline sonogram with no embryos left, she asked if I was there to prepare for an embryo transfer. There should have been a flag on my file or something to prevent sitting in the same room and getting sucker punched emotionally.
What specific things went wrong at University Hospitals Fertility Center?
Dr Goldfarb was always very positive despite our negative outcomes. After multiple miscarriages and failed cycles, my thyroid was found to be deficient. We would need to invest in a third round of IVF to see if that has caused our unexplained infertility.
He's been helpful to some friends, but we feel like he overlooked my thyroid.
Due to my age, I started a lupron cycle. My amh is high so I over responded and the cycle was cancelled. Then, I did two cycles with the same protocol of Follistim, hcg, and ganirelix. I overstimulated the first cycle and did a freeze all. The second cycle I only had 8 eggs compared to 20 in the first cycle. My cycles were 8 months apart.
I have to drive 2 hours to Beachwood. I was never told that monitoring wax from 7 to 10 am. They just made me 8 or 8:30 appointments and I was called on a first come first served basis. Some mornings there was little wait, other mornings it would be an hour.
We had two grants for IVF. One wax through university hospitals. We still spent $13,000 for meds, IUI's, and transfers.
My doctor let us transfer two embryos if we wanted to.
PCOS, Unexplained
Every so often the coding [at Cleveland Area] with certain procedures was off and after we were billed for things we were able to get certain things corrected in a timely manner. At one time the receptionist in the office called to apologize that something was coded incorrectly...I've mainly dealt with Diane & occasionally Carol. They have been really great at listening & answering all questions and concerns thoroughly. They would return your calls in a timely manner also.
PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with University Hospitals Fertility Center.
Every so often the coding with certain procedures was off and after we were billed for things we were able to get certain things corrected in a timely manner. At one time the receptionist in the office called to apologize that something was coded incorrectly and that it was A good thing that we didn't outfront pay for our appointment because in the end our insurance covered it
Seven months prior to being with Dr Rossi, I was with another doctor who I did feel treated me like a number. It was a foreign doctor through another clinic whom at times I couldn't understand them verbally & who I felt couldn't understand me emotionally. Eventually after 7 failed months I went to Dr Rossi because she was referred to me through a friend. Dr Rossi went through my whole medical history with trying to get pregnant. She didn't force any procedure but laid out several options over a varied time frame for my husband & I to consider. Every time I had a concern or question, I was able to reach out to her office & her nurses have been very helpful in answering everything & getting back to me in a timely manner. Dr Rossi gave us a time frame that if I'm not pregnant by summer then we need a more aggressive approach (than just taking either clomid or letrozole with timed intercourse). She suggested hormone injections with iui & although we agree we need the more aggressive approach (since I have PCOS) the cost of all of this in two teachers salaries is quite more than we can squeeze, especially with no guarantee. In the mean time, my husband are remaining hopeful & trust our care with Dr Rossi.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University Hospitals Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Diane)
Like I said previously, Dr Rossi has been thorough with developing a plan to help get me pregnant. She understands that certain procedures are too costly for my husband & I & has looked at all routes in mapping out potential plans. We know the risk & cost with everything & wish we could afford it all. With my PCOS I know we need to be more aggressive & if I'm not pregnant by the summer we need to figure out a way to be able to afford the injections & iui. We've have several failed iui's & my husband is worried in shelling out more cash to something with a very low chance of working. We're tired of being disappointed but Dr Rossi has been willing to meet with us on several occasions to see what she can do. She has been helpful & we're still hoping for a miracle!
I would say that dr Rossi gives her patients the time to listen that most doctors don't normally do.
She prescribed me Clomid for several months (even though I was on letrozole for 7 months prior). We did a procedure to make sure my tubes were open & followed up with the trigger shot & iui. That again failed so my husband & I took two months off to relax & recover, & then was back at it on clomid. Now I'm on letrozole with the trigger shot & timed intercourse to see if that works. If it doesn't work over the next few months, then we need injectables .
Majority of the time Dr. Rossi was able to have procedures coated or in a way to ensure that my insurance would cover it and there wouldn't be any hassling when I would be billed. She would review our insurance information to make sure certain things would be covered and advised us when they wouldn't. I believe once or twice we did have an issue but luckily we were able to have it resolved.
Uterine Fibroids, None
The nurses and the ultrasound technician [at University Hospitals-Beachwood] were very compassionate and willing to help answer any questions they could. Carmella the ultrasound technician is wonderful... I feel that this facility is a great place for woman, families, and couple to come to for assistance. I don't feel that they judge or are pushy about treatment and your personal situation.
Uterine Fibroids, None
Describe your experience with University Hospitals Fertility Center.
I was referred to Dr.Goldfarb by a close friend and was told he was the best! He was very compassionate and listened to our concerns, I feel like he is very knowledgeable and he wants to be conservative 1st and then move on to more aggressive treatments. I am glad he is not pushing us to do IVF right away and is trying more affordable avenues. Although i am almost 38 years old and dont have much more time to concieve and have a successful pregnancy. I am very hopeful under his care. I have never been pregnant and want a child of my own, I'm trusting that his expertise will assist in that to one-day soon happening. I can't afford IVF so hoping that my 3rd which is my last IUI he said I can have is successful. If not he recommended having laparoscopic surgery to check for scar tissue and hopefully clear the pathway for a natural pregnancy to occur. I feel if I were just a number or dollar amount to him he would just aim right for the expensive treatment from the start.
The nurses and the ultrasound technician were very compassionate and willing to help answer any questions they could. Carmella the ultrasound technician is wonderful.
I was referred to see Dr.Goldfarb by a close friend who highly recommended him. He is very knowledgeable and I could tell from the very 1st appointment with him. My husband and myself felt very comfortable and trusted that he had our best interest at heart. He was not pushy and wanted to be more conservative 1st. I was happy with that because financially we can not afford IVF and my insurance does not cover any fertility treatment. I am very hopeful that we will have success, I have had 2 IUI's that have not been successful. I am almost 38 years old and never been pregnant so if the 3rd IUI does not work he recommends laparoscopic surgery to check for scar tissue. I have had one ovary removed and several cysts rupture since I was a young teenager. He would like to do the surgery before moving on to IVF, with hopes that I could possibly become pregnant on my own. My time is limited so I pray God blesses us with out miracle baby soon.
He is very knowledgeable and compassionate.
3 IUI's with Clomid or letrozole. Laparoscopic surgery to check for and remove scar tissue. IVF final
The initial consultation appointment was about $300. IUI $420 each procedure
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
The clinic [University Hospitals Fert Center] is clean and in a new hospital, though the waiting room is a bit small. The staff all seem to work well together so the clinic has an inviting feel...I was able to meet with my primary nurse the first day I visited the clinic. She has been my primary contact during my monitoring and has called me most often with results. When she is not available, I have felt comfortable with the rest of the nursing staff. There are two ultrasound techs, both of whom are friendly and knowledgeable. The lab tech who draws blood is quiet but has always been efficient. The waiting time during the monitoring process has been longer than expected.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Describe your experience with University Hospitals Fertility Center.
The clinic is clean and in a new hospital, though the waiting room is a bit small. The staff all seem to work well together so the clinic has an inviting feel.
During my initial visit, Dr. Weinerman met with me for over two hours so she could thoroughly understand my medical history. She asked my opinion and feelings on her treatment plans. She has also called me personally multiple times over the course of my treatment with her, just to check to see how I am doing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University Hospitals Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Madeline )
I was able to meet with my primary nurse the first day I visited the clinic. She has been my primary contact during my monitoring and has called me most often with results. When she is not available, I have felt comfortable with the rest of the nursing staff. There are two ultrasound techs, both of whom are friendly and knowledgeable. The lab tech who draws blood is quiet but has always been efficient. The waiting time during the monitoring process has been longer than expected. There are a limited number of ultrasound wands and each takes 15 minutes to clean between patients. For daily follicle and estrogen monitoring, I have averaged roughly 45 minutes to an hour in the clinic. The nursing staff does take time to go over the ultrasound results in person and calls promptly every afternoon to report estrogen levels.
I transferred to Dr. Weinerman after struggling with my former clinic because I felt like just a number to them. Dr. Weinerman has provided reassurance and guidance during a stressful time. While my treatment has so far been unsuccessful, Dr. Weinerman has taken time each month to personally call me to talk through our next steps and options. I feel that she is using her best judgement and trust the choices she is making during our fertility journey.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rachel Weinerman at University Hospitals Fertility Center?
Make sure that you have time set aside to meet with Dr. Rachel Weinerman. My appointments have been longer than expected each time I've seen her because she takes the time to talk through each step of the process.
I saw Dr. Weinerman after I already had one frozen embryo. I had 2 transfers cancelled with a prior doctor because of thin uterine lining and fluid in my lining. Dr. Weinerman prescribed a hormone patch protocol for 2 months to increase my estrogen and thicken my lining. She also suggested a book, The Fertility Diet, and made personal diet suggestions to naturally increase my hormone levels and improve my fertility chances. When the patch protocol did not adequately thicken my lining, Dr. Weinerman prescribed an oral birth control. When again my lining was too thin, Dr. Weinerman suggested a simulated retrieval cycle before my transfer. I am on 150 IU of Menopur nightly and will trigger with HCG. She prescribed Menopur so that I could have a follicle large enough to trigger ovulation and try to trick my uterus into preparing for implantation.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rachel Weinerman at University Hospitals Fertility Center.
If I had chosen to do a full IVF cycle including retrieval and transfer, the total cost would have been roughly $5000 without medication. The out of pocket cost of an embryo transfer without medication is $2250. Each time I have follicle monitoring and labs, I pay roughly $200 out of pocket.
Describe Rachel Weinerman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at University Hospitals Fertility Center.
For my current age of 30, Dr. Weinerman suggested transferring only 1 embryo, though if I did have 2 to transfer, she would be open to discussion.
Rachel Weinerman
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
The one nurse [Univ Hospitals - Beachwood] I worked with was very compassionate and wonderful. Sadly, half the time, I had another nurse who seemed to be less than knowledgeable and actually told me based on my hcg levels, I likely "just had a chemical pregnancy." It was actually an ectopic and either way, the loss is still felt the same...I dealt with the nurses on most of my visits and not Dr. Rossi...
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Rossi took time to talk with us and was very detailed in her explanations. She was compassionate during both of my miscarriages.
The one nurse I worked with was very compassionate and wonderful. Sadly, half the time, I had another nurse who seemed to be less than knowledgeable and actually told me based on my hcg levels, I likely "just had a chemical pregnancy." It was actually an ectopic and either way, the loss is still felt the samem
Dr. Rossi always took the time to explain things to us and made us feel comfortable enough to ask questions. She has exceptional bedside manner. I do feel that some things were overlooked that could have affected my fertility. I had to be my own advocate for testing. It turned out that I was Vitamin D deficient and my tsh level was elevated during my second pregnancy. I wish that I had been monitored better as I was already a known hypo patient and later found out that I have Hashimoto's disease. They only tested my TSH and never ran a full panel on my thyroid. This may have helped to prevent my first miscarriage. However, I dealt with the nurses on most of my visits and not Dr. Rossi.
Make sure that you request any blood work that you feel is necessary. You have to be your own advocate and become knowledgeable enough to know what to request. Otherwise, you may spend thousands of dollars on unsuccesful treatments only to find out, you just needed thyroid meds or Vitamin D supplements to restore fertility.
At 39, I conceived easily after two months of trying naturally. At 8 weeks we found that the heartbeat stopped. We tried again naturally for 3 months after the first loss and then started clomid with no other intervention. After 3 more months of not conceiving, we did an IUI on Clomid. I conceived with the first IUI and it turned out to be an ectopic pregnancy. Dr. Rossi suggested we try IUI again and did not feel I needed intervention as aggressive as IVF, considering I had two pregnancies in less than a year. Our focus is now more on maintaining once I conceive again, rather than just the conception. I decided to see an acupuncturist and see if we can conceive without medical intervention.
This is not applicable to my treatment.
2014 - 2017
One of the nurses [at University Hospitals Fertility Center], that I know of, is also battling infertility. She can relate to us patients on a personal level that some of the other nurses may not be able to....I love that the clinic doesn't have ultrasounds for pregnancy IN the office. They take you across the hall to the ultrasound lab...So we cancelled IUI #4 and my husband and I decided to stop IUIs. at Dr Goldfarbs recommendation, we are doing every other cycle a medicated cycle (with 7.5mg letrozole) and natural cycles between.
2014 - 2017
Native American, Other
Describe your experience with University Hospitals Fertility Center.
I love that the clinic doesn't have ultrasounds for pregnancy IN the office. They take you across the hall to the ultrasound lab. I think their billing is a little off and their pricing is extreme, but I do love the staff so i can put all that aside.
he cared and when we saw him with after a negative cycle, he seemed just as disappointed as us. he also let us be incharge of our treatment. he helped us decide which route to go and gave us the information to make a decision with him.
One of the nurses, that I know of, is also battling infertility. She can relate to us patients on a personal level that some of the other nurses may not be able to. I really enjoy encountering her. The rest of the staff is friendly and caring as well.
Dr. Goldfarb is caring and helpful. He genuinely cares to see each of his patients succeed in their goals. He devotes his life to his work and it shows. One time I called to speak with him after a failed cycle and wanting to talk about which direction to go next and he had actually, FINALLY, taken time to spend with his family. He is an amazing doctor.
be honest with him. let him know if you are comfortable or not comfortable with something he suggests. Dr Goldfarb wants you to be in control of your treatment, so take control.
Our first IUI we used 5mg of letrozole and 250 Ovidrel. I had 2 nice big follicles. we went ahead and did IUI. It failed. Our second cycle, we kept the same protocol. Went in for my day 12 monitoring appointment and realized I had already ovulated. So the cycle was cancelled. The third attempt, we kept the same protocol but I came in on day 9 for monitoring. I had one follicle. We went ahead with our second IUI. It failed. Our fourth cycle, we kept the same exact protocol. I had one follicle on day 9, we triggered and went ahead with IUI #3 on day 11. It failed. Our fifth cycle, Dr Goldfarb discussed IVF with us. Not being able to afford it, we decided - with Dr Goldfarb - to continue with IUI until we can afford IVF. He suggested we up the letrozole to create more follicles. So I took 7.5mg and went in for my day 9 monitoring. Dr Goldfarb was out of the office and the doc on call decided to trigger the next day and IUI #4 36 hours after. I had ovulated on my own before trigger was due. So we cancelled IUI #4 and my husband and I decided to stop IUIs. at Dr Goldfarbs recommendation, we are doing every other cycle a medicated cycle (with 7.5mg letrozole) and natural cycles between.
They were exuberant. I had lost my insurance and had to pay for bloodwork out of pocket for my monitoring. They have self pay packaging, but it doesn't include the LH and that alone was almost $300. So I opted not to have it done. And we missed my surge. However, Dr. Goldfarb was receptive of this and asked me to email him a statement of why I was opting not to have the LH drawn. He said he was taking my email along with others to the board to get it into package pricing.
Beachwood
UH sees A LOT of patients and that's very obvious with the wait list to get into doctors. I feel as if it is very frustrating to have to wait months to get in. UH is a really good hospital. They're professional, kind, and understanding...Dr. Rossi ran bloodwork on me, did a vaginal ultrasound, and ordered a HSG test. I completed all. She also referred by fiancé to a infertility urologist... Dr. Rossi is a very busy doctor with many patients. I understand why because she is a great doctor but it's hard to wait for long periods of time to get in to see her. The infertility is stressful and having to wait so long isn't the best.
Describe your experience with University Hospitals Fertility Center.
Dr. Rossi treats my fiancé and I like humans because she is very knowledgeable about our specific case, works with a infertility urologist at another hospital to remain up to date with the status of sperm samples, and she has called and spoke with me over the phone for 20 minutes. She did not just talk numbers and tests, she wanted to know how I was emotionally doing and explaining things we are looking at for the future.
All very kind.
Brooke Rossi is an excellent doctor. She wants to help and assist to give me everything I've ever wanted- a child. She has listened to my story (losing a child in the past during open heart surgery) and my fears of the future. She makes me feel comfortable and I feel safe in her care. I know she is and will continue to do everything to make our dreams come true. Unfortunatley, we are dealing with male factor infertility, which is not something she can assist with. She referred us to an infertility urologist and works with that doctor to keep up to date with the status of the sperm count. Even though we are seeing the urologist a lot more than Dr. Rossi right now, I know she is still there for us and she's ready for us to come back and further our treatments.
Be patient. Dr. Rossi is a very busy doctor with many patients. I understand why because she is a great doctor but it's hard to wait for long periods of time to get in to see her. The infertility is stressful and having to wait so long isn't the best.
The consultation was free. Everything else is too expensive and I'm having a very difficult time paying the medical bills.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Even though I trust all of the nurses [at University Hospitals], there was an incident when I did my first IUI (2013). One of the nurses gave us incorrect information regarding when we were allowed to have intercourse before the IUI. The sperm sample ended up being unusually low because my husband and I had intercourse too close to the time of the IUI, and the IUI ultimately failed. The nurse told us the wrong thing and I believe this is why the sperm sample was not of very good quality for the IUI.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with University Hospitals Fertility Center.
The clinic's staff of nurses and doctors seem to be very organized. The nurses are always kind and compassionate. There was only one doctor out of the clinic's RE team that I had a bad experience with (Dr. Liu). He did not have a good bedside manner and he did not listen to me when I was in a lot of pain during an IUI procedure. I think a big weakness of this clinic is that they mainly do Day 3 Embryo Transfers. Based on the research I have read, Day 5 embryos have the best chance of implanting. During each of my IVF cycles, the lab froze 2 Day 3 embryos so that I would have something to transfer. The rest of my embryos were allowed to grow out to Day 5 but none of them made it. Just be aware that this clinic focuses on Day 3 transfers, and I personally believe it is to make sure the patient has something to transfer instead of taking the risk that the patient has nothing to transfer.
She went out of her way to call me to discuss results. She has always been honest with me and respected my preferences.
The nurses are very compassionate and knowledgeable. They always call back with results of early morning blood tests by late afternoon of the same day. They are always willing to answer any questions I have had.
What specific things went wrong at University Hospitals Fertility Center?
She is very knowledgeable and honest about my treatment. She has a good bedside manner the majority of the time. Even though she is knowledgeable, there are times that I felt she didn't give me all the information. I'm not sure how much she understands endometriosis.
Do your own research on fertility treatments and come up with specific questions to ask.
The only things covered by my insurance were ultrasounds and blood work. Everything else was paid for out of pocket. An IUI with medication like Clomid cost around $500. An IUI with injectables (such as Follistim) cost around $1100. An IVF cycle cost about $9800. All of the medications for the IVF cycle cost around $4000. Therefore, one IVF cycle at UH costs around $14,000-15,000 if you are paying out of pocket.
Anovulation, Unexplained
Dr. Rossi [at University Hospitals Fertility Center] was a wonderful and compassionate doctor. If I called and specifically requested to talk to her, she would return my call as soon as she could (though the nurses were usually able to give me the answers I needed)...All of the nurses were wonderful. They would get you in and out of the office quickly in the morning and called promptly in the afternoon after the results came in and a plan was made. They were able to answer my questions thoroughly or would get the answers I needed as quickly as possible.
Anovulation, Unexplained
Describe your experience with University Hospitals Fertility Center.
The clinic runs like a well oiled machine in the morning during monitoring appointments. They get to blood and ultrasounds done quickly and you always meet with a nurse to make sure you are on the same page about the status of your current cycle. I was usually in and out of the office for those appointments in less than 30 minutes. Appointments are as early as 7:00 AM. The waiting area never had children in it for morning appointments and rarely if you had to come in later in the day. You will deal with RN's 90% of the time and you may to have "your" doctor on the day of your procedures since it's a practice.
Dr. Rossi and the nursing staff always remembered who I was and what our current status was despite the large number of patients. I always felt like my questions were valid and felt things were sufficiently explained throughout the process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University Hospitals Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Katie)
All of the nurses were wonderful. They would get you in and out of the office quickly in the morning and called promptly in the afternoon after the results came in and a plan was made. They were able to answer my questions thoroughly or would get the answers I needed as quickly as possible. They were always warm and kind as well.
Dr. Rossi was a wonderful and compassionate doctor. If I called and specifically requested to talk to her, she would return my call as soon as she could (though the nurses were usually able to give me the answers I needed). She explained the IVF process thoroughly and in a way we could understand it. We discussed our odds and risks and made a plan with her that suited our situation and desired outcome.
You probably will not see Dr. Rossi at every visit. All of my morning monitoring visits were handled by the nursing staff and techs. If she was in the office she would pop in to say hello. The procedures will also be handled by the doctor on the schedule that day, but all are wonderful and well informed.
We did start by doing a few more rounds of oral medication with IUI. This was mostly diagnostic, to monitor my cycles more closely than my OBGYN did and get an idea of what my body was/was not doing. The result of these was simply unexplained infertility. We did have one chemical pregnancy from these cycles. Dr. Rossi discussed with us that our options going forward were injectable stimulation with IUI or IVF. We discussed the potential risk of large numbers of multiples or cancelled cycles since I was a high responder to stimulation and opted to go directly to IVF to have more control over how many embryos were given a chance to implant. I did not feel like we were pushed by Dr. Rossi to go in any direction, but I did trust her opinion and ended up taking her recommendation. We started the first cycle with a lupron protocol, but when my body ovulated through the lupron we cancelled the stimulation and egg retrieval and started over the next month with an antagonistic protocol. Dr. Rossi was very conservative with the stimulation and it ended up being a good thing since I did respond quickly and strongly and we ended up having to back off the stimulation toward the end. After egg retrieval I did end up overstimulating a little so we decided to freeze all the day 5 embryos and give my body the month off. My first transfer the next month ended up being successful and resulted in a pregnancy that is currently in the third trimester.
IVF was not covered by my insurance. The "package price" for egg retrieval, fertilization with or without ICSI and one transfer was about 9k. Medications were not included. Monitoring appointments were not covered by my insurance but were $200 per appointment.
2012
5 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
[University Hospitals] Feels a bit like an assembly line...Never once saw a pregnant woman in any place at the building and that was emotionally a huge relief. Wish the nurses didn't change with every single appointment until we started the IVF process. Once we started IVF we got consistency and they actually knew something about us... it ended up being $23,000 with donor fee, agency fee for donor, and medications for me and for donor.
2012
5 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with University Hospitals Fertility Center.
Feels a bit like an assembly line, but I've gathered that is how fertility clinics generally feel. Never once saw a pregnant woman in any place at the building and that was emotionally a huge relief. Wish the nurses didn't change with every single appointment until we started the IVF process. Once we started IVF we got consistency and they actually knew something about us.
He had incredible bedside manner. He was honest with me about how low my chances were of getting pregnant with IVF with my own eggs and, though he said it was totally up to me and he would absolutely follow my wishes, he worried I would be throwing money away for really abysmal chances of having a baby. This was so difficult to hear, but I now have the most wonderful, beautiful baby who was undoubtedly meant to be my child through donor eggs and I am so grateful he was honest and we didn't spend our savings plus with own egg ivf to end up doing a donor egg ivf. I also saw Brooke Rossi who performed my surgery and she was just as wonderful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University Hospitals Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Peggy)
There were a number of amazing nurses there. I felt like the donor coordinator nurse could have been a little more organized and a little more on top of our cycle. At the same time, things worked better than I could have ever imagined because I have the most amazing daughter thanks everyone at the office.
As I said earlier, he was honest with me about likely outcomes but willing to do whatever I chose. I feel so fortunate that he told me the truth about my chances with IVF using my own eggs so we could decide ourselves whether it made sense financially. We did a round of IVF drugs with abysmal results and, ultimately, chose to go with a donor. I have friends who went in significant debt only to end up with no child through IVF. it was one of the hardest things I have ever had to hear and he couldn't have handled it better. There was never a bit of pressure to choose a donor egg cycle over trying another cycle with my own eggs. If I'd wanted to proceed with my own eggs, he was willing as long as I understood the probability that we would not end up pregnant. He also made himself 100% available, though I didn't realize it at first as his nurses don't make that clear. At one point I told a nurse who was resistant that I needed to talk to him and she needed to make that happen. Finally, she agreed to let him know. He contacted me immediately. He told me that I could contact him anytime, including by email him. I have incredible respect for him and an unspeakable. I am most grateful for him helping me have this amazing, beautiful child who couldn't be more mine, but also relieved that he handled the message so well that we moved on to using a donor egg rather than emptying our savings trying to use my own eggs in IVF.
Ask for amh and fsh to be tested immediately if you are 36 or above. Tell them you don't want to wait until it's time for IVF because clomid and IUI didn't work. Also, insist with the nurses that you speak to him. In fact, during your first appointment ask how you can reach him if the nurses won't let you talk directly to him about your concerns. Don't get me wrong, the nurses are wonderful in many ways. Also, Dr. Rossi is also wonderful. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to see her instead. They are both wonderful. I give them both credit for this amazing three year old sleeping on my lap.
Don't remember but he was very detailed and willing to give us as much time as we needed to talk through things.
I believe the ivf cycle was around $13K. I don't remember the total but I think it ended up being $23,000 with donor fee, agency fee for donor, and medications for me and for donor. I think the medications were around $2500, I just can't remember if our total was $23,000 with or without the medications.
Beachwood
Embryology department [at University Hospitals Fertility Center] needs to do better at letting patient know and explaining quality of eggs...Very open window [monitoring appointments], made it easy for me since we live 2 hours away... [nurse] Demonstrated compassion, always called back same day, very well educated, if she didn't know the answer Dr. Goldfarb would call me with it.
Describe your experience with University Hospitals Fertility Center.
Embryology department needs to do better at letting patient know and explaining quality of eggs&lt; the only weakness
Due to overall knowledge and experience, he sat down and made a plan and let us know he had confidence that we would get pregnant and he would do whatever it took. Gave us the facts of our situation. Had empathy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University Hospitals Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Ashley and Dawn)
He is a genuine man that speaks to your level. His level of knowledge and experience is beyond measure. Available at any time to speak, from initial consultation up until pregnancy available when I needed him
No advice
Diagnosed with unexplained infertility he recommended iui with clomid for 3 rounds and if that didn't work move to ivf. He did offer iui with injectable meds but he opted out because we were not okay with selective reduction. For egg retrieval I stimulated well but two eggs were always larger than the others so for 2 cycles we did not retrieve due to the cost and only getting 3 eggs. Finally the 3rd time we did retrieval and got 12. We transferred 2 3 day fresh due to higher chance of conceiving.
Very open window, made it easy for me since we live 2 hours away
To date $27,000
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Unexplained
[University Hospital's] West side location with earlier hours allowed me the chance to get ultrasounds and bloodwork before work...[The nurse] was very nice and would talk to me about small things to ease my nerves and anxiety...She [Dr. Brooke Rossi] allowed us to decide the next corse of action in terms of our available options. After several miscarriages with unknown reasons she began throwing everything into the pot, which is when I lost confidence in her abilities to get me the results I desired. The treatments were controversial and risky with only a small success rate...She took a lot of time to sit and answer all of my questions. She explained my options, allowing me tot ale my time to decide.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with University Hospitals Fertility Center.
She was very nice and would talk to me about small things to ease my nerves and anxiety.
She was really nice and compassionate with good bedside manner. She would spend a lot of time with me answering my list of questions and concerns. She allowed us to decide the next corse of action in terms of our available options. After several miscarriages with unknown reasons she began throwing everything into the pot, which is when I lost confidence in her abilities to get me the results I desired. The treatments were controversial and risky with only a small success rate.
Ask a lot of questions and be your own advocate!
Femara: superovulation with one good egg. Experimental injection: increased chance of pregnancy (myself and my partner opted not to do this)
Femara, ultrasounds, bloodwork,
No embryo transfers under her care
Westlake
[University Hospitals Fertility Center- Westlake] Has a satellite office on the west side and main site in beechwood - sometimes the communication and charting can be unorganized between the two offices. Often have to use both sites as sperm stored at main site and satellite not open on weekends... The nicest group of nurses. Very empathetic and understanding... Iui using donor Sperm-300 Insurance covered monitoring
Describe your experience with University Hospitals Fertility Center.
The office staff is very patient and listens to all the rollercoaster emotions you are going through.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University Hospitals Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Carol and Diane )
The nicest group of nurses. Very empathetic and understanding
What specific things went wrong at University Hospitals Fertility Center?
Dr Rossi is very compassionate and allows time in the visit to go over every option and details. She is very honest. She understand my situation and is reassuring that a child is in my future. She takes patient preference into the plan of care.
Trust the process
3 rounds with clomid and 1 with letrizole. Negative results thus far. She did not feel use of ovidrel was necessary because I had accurate home opk kits, although she was open to using if I preferred
Iui using donor Sperm-300 Insurance covered monitoring
N/a yet. Will know soon
Westlake
I loved Katie [nurse at University Hospitals Fertility Center]. She was so loving and caring. I felt like she was family...everything with the clinic was great until a week ago when I found out that my embryos were lost in a freezer malfunction. I was devastated at the loss of my chance to use those embryos to have another baby. I am very disappointed in the hospital for allowing such a major malfunction.
Describe your experience with University Hospitals Fertility Center.
Well everything with the clinic was great until a week ago when I found out that my embryos were lost in a freezer malfunction. I was devastated at the loss of my chance to use those embryos to have another baby. I am very disappointed in the hospital for allowing such a major malfunction.
Dr. Goldfarb was personable and even called me to give results and discuss steps in car himself. His staff were always kind and caring.
I loved Katie. She was so loving and caring. I felt like she was family.
What specific things went wrong at University Hospitals Fertility Center?
Dr. Goldfarb was always honest and kind. He even called me himself to provide results and discuss treatment. He made sure I knew everything up front. Dr. Goldfarb would respond to emails right away when I had questions. I loved how he seemed to care so much for me and my family and how he remembered us and our names, children's names.
Just trust him to do what is best, he is a very smart man!
Beachwood
University Hospital has multiple locations for the procedures the clinic offices hospitals and staff for clean and courteous. For improvement I would say results communicated more quickly as well as planned for the day and willingness to newer theories and thoughts on medications... 5800 per cycle plus meds... She [Dr. Rossi] was always very honest and upfront as well as compassionate about what was going on and always had a plan in place.
Describe your experience with University Hospitals Fertility Center.
Always showed compassion when speaking to me.
Pleasant and caring
She was always very honest and upfront as well as compassionate about what was going on and always had a plan in place. High value in her ability to clearly communicate and her knoledge of all procedure and medications.
Prepare your self that even with all things in place it mat not prove successful. Be realistic.
Lupron gandaotropins progesterone
5800 per cycle plus meds
Preferred 2
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
The facility [University Hospitals Fertility Center] is very nice and the nursing staff is fairly decent. It is easy to get a hold of someone at the front desk and scheduling appointments is hassle free.... I was prescribed progesterone for my IUI but no one ever informed me of when to stop taking it or when to follow up after my IUI was performed.... The doctors are kind but you don't interact with them at all if you are doing less invasive procedures (clomid, IUI).
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with University Hospitals Fertility Center.
The doctors are kind but you don't interact with them at all if you are doing less invasive procedures (clomid, IUI). The facility is very nice and the nursing staff is fairly decent. It is easy to get a hold of someone at the front desk and scheduling appointments is hassle free.
What specific things went wrong at University Hospitals Fertility Center?
I only saw Dr. Rossi for IUIs and did not have success with either. During the IUI procedures I did not see Dr. Rossi. Dr. Rossi did remove polyps from my uterus and she was very kind during that time.
Ask as many questions as possible when you get the chance to see and talk to her.
2 IUIs due to unexplained infertility at a relatively young age. Neither IUI resulted in a pregnancy.
2012 - 2014
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Goldfarb [at University Hospitals Fertility Center] is a pioneer in this and going into our cycles I fully trusted his opinions and he always explained the steps of action to me. Although, he is a busy doctor, he was always available for even a 5 minute chat if need be. Our appt. very frequent, sometimes as many as 3 times a week, and I felt that even if I saw him once that week, he knew the status of the cycle and if there were any concerns.
2012 - 2014
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
As busy as Dr. Goldfarb is, he was always available and always knew the status of my cycle. Made me feel like he cares that we receive the wanted end results
What specific things went wrong at University Hospitals Fertility Center?
Dr. Goldfarb is a pioneer in this and going into our cycles I fully trusted his opinions and he always explained the steps of action to me. Although, he is a busy doctor, he was always available for even a 5 minute chat if need be. Our appt. very frequent, sometimes as many as 3 times a week, and I felt that even if I saw him once that week, he knew the status of the cycle and if there were any concerns.
To trust Dr. Goldfarb fully. Every piece of advice he gave us, I feel, was to our benefit.
Fortunately for us, all of our procedures were covered by insurance.
2010 - 2013
The office [at University Hospitals Fertility Center] was well staffed. Onet hing that was hard was that on any given day I might see a different physician. I did get to know the other doctors and felt comfortable with them as well...About $15-20,000 per fresh cycle,$10,000 for frozen. Some was covered by insurance.
2010 - 2013
Describe your experience with University Hospitals Fertility Center.
the office was well staffed. Onething that was hard was that on any given day I might see a different physician. I did get to inow the other doctors and felt comfortable with them as well.
He is kind, patient and very caring
They were all very caring.
Dr. Goldfarb is a wonderful physician. He is patient, kind, understanding and compassionate.
You will feel very cared for. Don't be scared to ask questions.
I was advised to go directly to IVF because of my situation. I had had multiple abdominal surgeries that left me unable to conceive naturally. He adjusted my protocol as needed.
About $15-20,000 per fresh cycle,$10,000 for frozen. Some wascovered y insurance.
Beachwood
Dr. Rossi is very matter-of-fact, but she takes into account your personal situation and preferences, so you end up being treated as a unique individual. Love her!...While not every appointment or procedure was with Dr. Rossi personally, all of her staff are fantastic and always professional. Information was provided in a timely manner and I felt very well-informed and cared for throughout the process.
2012 - 2013
Dr. Goldfarb [at University Hospitals] is very caring and does not rush through your appointment. He takes time to talk to you and counsel you, not just push protocol....He is a little bit more conservative with drug protocols, so if you feel like you want to be more aggressive, speak out. But overall, trust his expertise.
2012 - 2013
Dr. Goldfarb is very caring and does not rush through your appointment. He takes time to talk to you and counsel you, not just push protocol.
Dr. Goldfarb is a pioneer in the area of infertility treatment. He helped us have our miracle baby.
It was run very efficiently