Genetic counseling: Offered
333 South Desplaines Street
Chicago, IL 60661
5758 S. Maryland Avenue
Chicago, IL 60637
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend University of Chicago Hospitals to a friend?

2 doctors
The office [Univ of Chicago- Desplaines] is comfortable. They always offered a beverage upon arrival. The front desk staff is organized and kind. Even when there was confusion with insurance or my payment plan they were patient and did ALL the work to resolve. Theres a really wonderful energy in the office.... Andrea was always available. She was prompt in returning my calls and when I was confused or scared she was kind and understanding. She always explained things well and went over the treatment plans on several occasions to confirm my understanding.
Describe your experience with University of Chicago Hospitals.
The office is comfortable. They always offered a beverage upon arrival. The front desk staff is organized and kind. Even when there was confusion with insurance or my payment plan they were patient and did ALL the work to resolve. Theres a really wonderful energy in the office.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Amber Cooper at University of Chicago Hospitals?
Dr. Cooper became like a family member almost immediately. Her compassion was so warm and her optimism was contagious. This is an emotional, exhausting and painful process and she always made my feelings feel validated.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Chicago Hospitals. (Assigned nurse: Andrea)
How was your experience with Amber Cooper at University of Chicago Hospitals?
It’s a sensitive, emotional decision to see a fertility doctor. The reason you’re going there are because you’re struggling to do what comes so easily to many couples. Dr. Cooper immediately is a warm, loving, compassionate and kind presence. She is thourough and informative without being aggressive and harsh. I never once felt like I was being rushed through my many questions. I always felt like the most important patient she had at that moment. Our experience couldn’t have been more pleasant. She’s an amazing person and doctor. I wish all physicians were as wonderful as Dr. Cooper.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Amber Cooper at University of Chicago Hospitals?
Ask all your questions. Nothing is insignificant or silly to ask and you will never be felt as though they are.
Describe the protocols Amber Cooper used in your cycles at University of Chicago Hospitals and their degree of success.
I did a single round of IVF, the drugs were draining on my energy level and emotional state.
Amber Cooper
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Strengths- patient care! You are a valued patient and the staff does whatever they can to make your treatment easy. I feel confident with Vios in charge of my care. Weaknesses- billing department. Some out of pocket prices are questionable, also, advisors may tell you insurance covers a test- when in fact it does not. Be your own financial advocate. ... They [nurses] are wonderful! I definitely have a few favorites!! But overall, all nurses are there to help.
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with University of Chicago Hospitals.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Angeline N. Beltsos at University of Chicago Hospitals?
Dr.Beltsos takes time to know her patients. She responds personally to emergency calls. And she starts every appointment by giving you a big hug. She is so energetic and enthusiastic.
They are wonderful! I definitely have a few favorites!! But overall, all nurses are there to help.
How was your experience with Angeline N. Beltsos at University of Chicago Hospitals?
Dr.Beltsos is happy to adjust protocols as needed and she works with you to make this challenging journey a bit more manageable. I feel like I am in good hands, and I trust that Dr.Beltsos will help me reach my goal.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Angeline N. Beltsos at University of Chicago Hospitals?
Billing is a pain!!! There is a disconnect in the billing department. Be sure to check all statements.
Describe the protocols Angeline N. Beltsos used in your cycles at University of Chicago Hospitals and their degree of success.
Dr.Beltsos had me on antinflammatories, crimsoned 9, and adjusted my ivf cycles after the first only resulted in 1 embryo. Round 2 she changed my follistim and added supplements. They retrieved 26 eggs! Waiting to see what happens next.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Angeline N. Beltsos at University of Chicago Hospitals.
Costs for self pay were ridiculous and I’m still waiting for a price break down as I feel I’ve been over charged. Cryopreservation fees are also a problem.
Describe Angeline N. Beltsos's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at University of Chicago Hospitals.
None
Angeline N. Beltsos
Chicago - MD Ave

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Angeline N. Beltsos at University of Chicago Hospitals.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Monitoring [at University of Chicago Hospitals] was first come first serve. The longest I ever waited was 30 minutes but that was rare. I generally waited less than 15...I did PGS testing and frozen transfers and therefore she [Dr. Kim] only wanted to implant one embyro which I was fine with...Their strength is that as a small practice they can give wonderful personalized care. It can be hard to get an initial appointment but once you are working with them they are extremely helpful with scheduling.
European, Latino, Native American
Describe your experience with University of Chicago Hospitals.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Helen Kim at University of Chicago Hospitals?
The people who work in the UCM fertility office are the kindest, most caring group of health professionals. I highly recommend them to anyone seeking treatment in Chicago.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Chicago Hospitals. (Assigned nurse: Gayle)
The team overall is extremely compassionate and responsive. I could always count on a prompt reply to a telephone or MyChart inquiry.
How was your experience with Helen Kim at University of Chicago Hospitals?
Dr. Kim was thorough and kind. She explored all avenues regarding why I might not be getting pregnant, but always kept us moving forward. I felt informed and was a participant in my care. She called me back on the same day whenever I called with a question. She was always willing to collaborate on action plan when I needed more information. She was willing to consult with other doctors, and was supportive of myself and my husband.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Helen Kim at University of Chicago Hospitals?
It may take awhile to get in because they are a small practice, but it's worth the wait. Remember, one month is only one missed cycle. You will be glad you chose them.
Describe the protocols Helen Kim used in your cycles at University of Chicago Hospitals and their degree of success.
She is analytical and conservative. She looks at all the data before coming up with a plan. She does not take a one size fits all approach.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at University of Chicago Hospitals.
Monitoring was first come first serve. The longest I ever waited was 30 minutes but that was rare. I generally waited less than 15.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Helen Kim at University of Chicago Hospitals.
I don't remember.
Describe Helen Kim's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at University of Chicago Hospitals.
I did PGS testing and frozen transfers and therefore she only wanted to implant one embyro which I was fine with.
Chicago - MD Ave

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Helen Kim at University of Chicago Hospitals.

You see the same people every time (for blood and ultrasound) [at U Chicago -MD Ave]. Dr. Kim has also performed the IUI (when it was a holiday weekend)...Results are provided electronically via MyChart. I've spoken to the nurse when I had questions about the results and she was somewhat helpful...
Describe your experience with University of Chicago Hospitals.
Coming from FCI, this is so much smaller in a good way. You see the same people every time (for blood and ultrasound). Dr. Kim has also performed the IUI (when it was a holiday weekend).
We've met with Dr. Kim twice in the very short time we have been seeing her. When we first met with her she spent almost two hours reviewing all of our results. She is very investigative as my husband's described. We have been given no real reasons for our infertility or two miscarriages and she seems like she is willing to do the work to find out why and to get us pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Chicago Hospitals. (Assigned nurse: Kathy)
How was your experience with Helen Kim at University of Chicago Hospitals?
Dr. Kim is willing to sit down with you and have a conversation and review all past results and clearly explain your options. So far, we really like her.
I don't get the feeling she will sugar coat bad news so if you want the information in a very straightforward way then you will get it. If not, be ready for it.
Since Letrazole plus IUI did get my pregnant previously with our first doctor and there was no reason discovered for my miscarriage she thought starting with that again made sense before graduating to IVF. First cycle, we moved forward with Letrazole plus IUI. We did not get pregnant. Second cycle, we did Letrazole plus an IUI. My lining was questionable so we also added Estrace before the IUI. Mid cycle now.

Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
The clinic [University of Chicago Hospitals] is very clean and welcoming. The rooms are designed for optimal comfort. The staff is very timely. You do not spend a lot of time waiting for your appointment to begin. You work with the same staff on a daily basis and they take time to get to know you and help ease the stress of on going procedures...Learning patients names was a plus. It made me feel like i was more than a patient coming in for a procedure.
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with University of Chicago Hospitals.
The clinic is very clean and welcoming. The rooms are designed for optimal comfort. The staff is very timely. You do not spend a lot of time waiting for your appointment to begin. You work with the same staff on a daily basis and they take time to get to know you and help ease the stress of on going procedures.
The staff at the clinic greeted me by name and were personable and friendly as well as professionally.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Chicago Hospitals. (Assigned nurse: Gary)
How was your experience with Helen Kim at University of Chicago Hospitals?
Dr. Kim is very knowledgeable about fertility. She gives you all possible outcomes and a plan of action before leaving her office to make u feel like there is an attainable solution. Dr. Kim is very thorough in reviewing your medical records and making sure all details are included in your chart.
Ask any and all questions you may have
Ultrasounds and procedures to diagnose and treat fertility issues
Because of my insurance plan, i had a very low co pay. i am unsure of the total cost

2012
I do feel that Dr. Kim and her staff cared about the outcome of my treatment but not that they were prepared to treat me individually or look beyond the standard reasons for what might be going on. After two miscarriages, they basically told me there wasn't anything else they could do for me and I should consult another doctor.
2012
They were all very nice but I did not get the feeling they knew me as an individual.
How was your experience with Helen Kim at University of Chicago Hospitals?
Dr. Kim was very matter-of-fact and professional but not especially warm or compassionate.
Do not expect warmth or compassion.
Chicago - MD Ave

Everything was perfect [at University of Chicago Hospitals] just the wait time will have you on the edge of your seat. They make sure your comfortable and understanding. The people that work there are very nice and helpful and you can get them to understand what you need and they make sure your ok at all times...[the nurses were] Very very compassionate...She [Dr. Kim] made sure she talked in a nice respectful manner and made me feel like a daughter.
Describe your experience with University of Chicago Hospitals.
Everything was perfect just the wait time will have you on the edge of your seat. They make sure your comfortable and understanding. The people that work there are very nice and helpful and you can get them to understand what you need and they make sure your ok at all times
She made sure she talked in a nice respectful manner and made me feel like a daughter
Very very compassionate
How was your experience with Helen Kim at University of Chicago Hospitals?
She’s a loving doctor that’s there for your every need I came in not understanding and left feeling like nothing could stop me she explained what I needed to do even if I didn’t have the insurance. She made sure I understood that I wasn’t the only person going thru this and that’s it is possible for me to conceive
She is a going to help you every step of the way
I came thru emergency room sooo a lot of money