Genetic counseling: Offered
Northville
39901 Traditions Drive
Northville, MI 48168
248-305-4400
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine to a friend?

2017 - 2019
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
The nursing staff [at University of Michigan Center for RM] is amazing - I have seen many of the same nurses when I go in, and they make it a point to remember me, and they are so caring, positive, and upbeat...The clinic itself is great - and the administrative staff are very easy to work with and communicate well. They have a financial team, along with other assistants to help with any non-medical questions that may come up. The financial tam was very helpful when we visited the IUI/IVF options, and helped us figure out our coverage with our insurance company.
2017 - 2019
European, Other
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
Describe your experience with University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Yolanda R. Smith at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine?
She always presented the facts, but always takes mine & my husbands input when we discuss the road to treatment. She has never forced us to do a treatment, and is always very patient and willing to answer questions to help us make decisions.
The nursing staff is amazing - I have seen many of the same nurses when I go in, and they make it a point to remember me, and they are so caring, positive, and upbeat. I wish these nurses could come with me to other doctor's offices. They are amazing.
How was your experience with Yolanda R. Smith at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine?
She is very frank and blunt with diagnosis, and tells it like it is, but is definitely empathetic and is willing to come up with solutions to each and every case she has, she truly has our best interest, getting us pregnant at the forefront of her practice. She has never withheld information or facts, so every drug or procedure we've tried we've understood 110% exactly what has happening.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Yolanda R. Smith at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine?
She can be blunt, but she truly does want to help and is ver empathetic when discussing her ideas for treatment. You just have to get past the bluntness. And I've seen other reviews about her, complaining about not seeing her, or having other doctors around. Please remember U of M is a teaching hospital, and Dr. Smith is not only a doctor there, but is also faculty. There will very often be residents and fellows around to assist her, or meet with you before you see Dr. Smith. It is not because she doesn't have time to see you or talk to you, that's what they do at teaching hospitals.
Describe the protocols Yolanda R. Smith used in your cycles at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I have diminished ovarian reserve, but no concerns on egg quality, and borderline MFI that has improved, so we've been lumped into the "unexplained" category as well. We tried for cycles of 100 mg clomid, with ovidrel trigger and timed intercourse - the strategy being to "increase targets" because of the borderline male factor. None of those cycles were successful. I responded well to the medications however. We took a break for a little while after that. We are now attempting IUI, 150 mg clomid, ovidrel trigger and IUI. Again, the thought to help increase targets, and assist with the slight MFI. Dr. Smith feels that is what is holding us back. We discussed IVF with ICSI, but there were some other concerns my husband & I had about side effects, cost, risks that at this time it is not an option we are comfortable with. And Dr. Smith is OK with that. It is on the table though if we ever want to revisit it.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Yolanda R. Smith at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine.
We are lucky to have some infertility coverage on our insurance, and only pay a co-pay for office visits with Dr. Smith. All testing and procedures are covered up to 90% so we do not pay much out of pocket. Without insurance, or clomid cycles, would have been around $400-$500 including clomid, ovidrel, and hospital fees for the monitoring ultrasound. The IUI, when all said and done would have cost about $1,000 out of pocket.
Describe Yolanda R. Smith's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Ann Arbor

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Yolanda R. Smith at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine.

Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
It [Univ of MI Center for Reproductive Med] seems to be more expensive as there are also university fees included, however, I know they do offer employees of the university coverage for ART services, as well as discounts for those who are unable to afford treatments... .The communication is amazing, staff is always welcoming, and they seem very well organized.
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
So far, I have not found any weaknesses. I absolutely love this clinic so far. It's like night and day on comparison to my last clinic. The communication is amazing, staff is always welcoming, and they seem very well organized.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Erica Mahaney at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Mahany is simply wonderful. She's professional, empathetic, and she truly listens to your story, concerns, wants, and needs. She's personally called me with updates and keeps in touch via a patient portal. With surgery, she walked me through every step and made me feel completely comfortable. I went to Dr. Mahany after my previous doctor told me I needed IVF. My expectations were set low since my experience at my previous clinic was awful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kimberly )
Effective communication and great detail. It's rare that I'll have questions because they cover every aspect in their education.
How was your experience with Erica Mahaney at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Mahany is exactly what I was hoping for in a doctor when my husband and I began this journey 1.5 years ago. She spent over an hour with me at our consultation. She reviewed my records in depth and at length. She asked what goals I had and if her recommendations for our course of treatment were something we agreed with. Dr. Mahany made us feel part of the process every step of the way. I didn't have a preference for a specific doctor when I transferred to U of M, but I'm so unbelievably glad I was placed with Dr. Mahany.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Erica Mahaney at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Trust her. She truly has your best interests in mind and she genuinely cares.
Describe the protocols Erica Mahaney used in your cycles at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
So far I've had 3 polyps removed and am awaiting a cycle to start my first IVF treatment. Dr. Mahany executed the surgery with only a minor issue. When that issue occured, she called herself to explain what happened and what our next steps would be. She's a great communicator and I appreciate her honesty.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Erica Mahaney at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine.
It seems to be more expensive as there are also university fees included, however, I know they do offer employees of the university coverage for ART services, as well as discounts for those who are unable to afford treatments.
Describe Erica Mahaney's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I agree with the approach. It's all about patient (and baby) safety.
Ann Arbor

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Erica Mahaney at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine.

I like that you can get your test results and everything you need through that portal and that there is an app for it you can download on your phone. It's very efficient. ... I feel like it's [U of MI Center for Repro Med] a very busy place and sometimes you can feel lost in the shuffle. They are very good about giving you packets of information and explaining things.
Again be patient with getting quick appointments. I feel like it's a very busy place and sometimes you can feel lost in the shuffle. They are very good about giving you packets of information and explaining things. They are also very good at getting back to you and using the patient portal online to communicate. I like that you can get your test results and everything you need through that portal and that there is an app for it you can download on your phone. It's very efficient.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Molly Moravek at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine?
So far through the process the doctor's have been super kind and they have portal access online to ask questions and they have gotten back to me really fast everytime.
They have been very compassionate and organized so far at my office that I go to. They are super nice and get me right back into the room right away everytime.
What specific things went wrong at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine?
How was your experience with Molly Moravek at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine?
I haven't actually met Dr. Randolph, I am being seen by another Doctor on his team that wasn't listed. Her name is Dr. Molly Moravak. She has been great at the visits.. Although I feel like sometimes she is rushed. I usually hear back from her nurses instead of her though.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Molly Moravek at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Be patient because they can't always get you in right away and if you have two different doctors for male infertility.. Make sure they communicate better than mine have been.
Describe the protocols Molly Moravek used in your cycles at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I haven't started any of the meds yet.. I've been through all the testing and currently waiting on my husband's doctor to give him a date for his sperm retrievel.. We are stuck until that is done which is frustrating.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Molly Moravek at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine.
We are still in the process of figuring that out.. My insurance only covers basic things like the ultrasounds etc. They haven't given us any answers about specific costs which is frustrating but I don't think much of it is covered.
Describe Molly Moravek's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine.
We haven't gotten to that point yet.
Ann Arbor

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Molly Moravek at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine.

1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
I had the wrong information provided [at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine], but it was quickly clarified by the RN. I also had nurses not record travel plans resulting in a delayed cycle... The wait times are short and they are always very responsive. That being said, when you are not there, it seems so distant and the communication struggles. They communicate everything through the portal, including bad news. I felt like that was impersonal. I also would have preferred to see my doctor for my appointments. I had at least 5. For the price, I am opting to travel to New York instead of come back to u of m for another cycle.
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
When you are at u of m you feel welcomed and we’ll take care of there. The wait times are short and they are always very responsive. That being said, when you are not there, it seems so distant and the communication struggles. They communicate everything through the portal, including bad news. I felt like that was impersonal. I also would have preferred to see my doctor for my appointments. I had at least 5. For the price, I am opting to travel to New York instead of come back to u of m for another cycle.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Erica Marsh at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine?
When I was with Dr. Marsh I felt like a person. She was kind, warm and welcome. However, I only saw her at consultation and the again after I miscarried.
The nurses were very helpful. But I often felt like I had to stay on top of the care there. There were a few times dates or instructions were overlooked and only came up because I asked for clarification.
How was your experience with Erica Marsh at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine?
I felt good during each interaction with Dr. Marsh. However, even though she was likely hands on with all parts of my treatment, she was very hands off with direct care. For the price we pay for an ivf cycle, I would have preferred to be seen by one doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Erica Marsh at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine?
I would tell them to be prepared to see many faces. Dr. marsh is kind and helpful, but you do not see her often.
Describe the protocols Erica Marsh used in your cycles at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I was on the leuprodile protocol. I don’t remember the reasoning. I developed many follicles but only had 8 eggs retrieved. Of those, 5 grew and only 3 made it to day 5. We transferred 2 and miscarried.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Erica Marsh at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Right now, prior to our planned frozen transfer we paid/owe 15000. Not including meds or off site blood draw
Erica Marsh
Ann Arbor

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Erica Marsh at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
All of the nurses [at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine] were very nice, whenever we had an office visit. When I sent them a message on the hospital portal, they responded almost every time, the same day. If not, definitely by the next morning...Strengths – always seemed well organized, all of the staff was very polite and answered all of my questions. Whenever I had a question, and I wasn’t at an appointment, I could send a message on the website, and usually got a response within the same day. Weaknesses – none that I am aware of at this time. n. Felt totally comfortable with them.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Whenever I had a question about some sort of procedure, that I had heard about, or wanted to try, if the doctor didn’t know anything about it, she would research the particular topic, and then get back to me. I thought this was very reassuring, that she was open to things other than the initial plan that she set, and wanted to make sure that we were comfortable with our treatment plan.
All of the nurses were very nice, whenever we had an office visit. When I sent them a message on the hospital portal, they responded almost every time, the same day. If not, definitely by the next morning.
She was great, always very nice, and did her research, before we even came for our first appointment. She personally called me on several occasions, to talk about test results, and what to do moving forward. This was a big help, since we live almost 3 hours away from her office. Even called to check on me when I wasn’t directly in her care, after a miscarriage.
Do you hear about a strange new fertility treatment option, talk to her about it. Anything that you may have a question about, she will most likely be able to answer, and if not, she will do some research, and then get back to you.
I don’t know how they feel about this particular subject, so I really can’t say.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
I can’t really say that I have seen any weaknesses from this particular clinic [University of Michigan Ctr for Repro Med]....I thought that they all acted very professionally, and treated me like a human being. Whenever I send a message to my doctor in the online portal, they discussed it with her, and were able to respond within the same day, on most occasions. They all were very nice.... I really appreciate my doctor calling me herself, to talk to me about my ultrasounds, and outpatient testing.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
I can’t really say that I have seen any weaknesses from this particular clinic. Some of the drinks that I’ve seen, include listening to the patients, and explaining things to them thoroughly. I really appreciate my doctor calling me herself, to talk to me about my ultrasounds, and outpatient testing.
I felt like she took the time that she needed, to explain everything to me, and answer any questions I had. She always made me feel comfortable with the treatment plan, and listen to all of my concerns, and anything that I heard floating around on the Internet.
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Erica Mahaney. I guess what they say is true, the third times the charm. After having a bad experience, with my last reproductive endocrinologist, I have never felt so excited, and hopeful for the future, following our treatment plan. Dr. Mahaney always took the time to listen to my concerns, thoroughly explain her reasoning, and explain some of the myths, and other treatment options, I’ve heard about in infertility support groups. Without even asking, she looked back at all of my previous tests, and added some, to try and get to the bottom of the cause of my infertility, and pregnancy losses.
Don’t be afraid to ask her any questions, because she’s probably heard it from 100 different women. If you have questions about adding something to your protocol, that you’ve heard about, if she is not already educated on that protocol, she will research it, and let you know what she finds. Ask lots of questions, no question is a dumb question.
Because she was the third doctor that we have consulted, after our first IVF retrieval, and failure, she went back and looked at everything that had been done, and then discussed how she would like to proceed. Before we were able to start a second IVF cycle with her, he became spontaneously pregnant, but lost the pregnancy due to an embryonic pregnancy. After my body recovered from the miscarriage, we sat down to have a discussion about what we could afford to do in the future. Dr. Mahaney’s plan was to do another cycle of IVF, with the same protocol, since I got good results from the first cycle. Unfortunately, because of the massive amount of that we have already incurred due to fertility treatments, we are not able to afford to go that route. I had had an HSG in 2016, which was inconclusive. Based on where the catheter had been located, it showed that my right fallopian tube may have been blocked, but we couldn’t be sure. Also, since I became pregnant on my first interuterine insemination, and had a spontaneous pregnancy on my own, we decided that we were going to do another HSG, to get a better answer. If my right to does happen to be blocked, we will discuss options as to unlocking the tube, or removing it. Dr. Mahaney would like to put me on a new prescription, electrical, and proceed with timed intercourse. If that doesn’t work within three or four cycles, she would like us to try another and her uterine insemination. At this point, that is all we can afford.
All of the stuff that we have had to date, has been covered 100% by insurance. The only thing that we don’t have insurance coverage for, is anything fertility related, and fertility medications.
Since I have never done an IVF cycle with her, I do not know her approach to this particular topic, so I cannot say.
Ann Arbor

It's a great clinic [U of Michigan Ctr for Repro Med]. I was very pleased with my time there. They are all very knowledgeable, and compassionate. The clinic is clean and efficient and I never had to wait long. Every staff member that I encountered was very easy to talk to, listened well, as well as showed understanding and support for where you are at in your infertility journey.... They are all very kind and quick to respond. They are comporting while you are there, so you feel very comfortable and at ease. They respond quickly when you send them a message via the portal, or call the office.
It's a great clinic. I was very pleased with my time there. They are all very knowledgeable, and compassionate. The clinic is clean and efficient and I never had to wait long. Every staff member that I encountered was very easy to talk to, listened well, as well as showed understanding and support for where you are at in your infertility journey.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John F. Randolph at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Randolph was extremely kind and understanding. He spent a lot of time with you, he listened well, and was very easy to talk to.
How was your experience with John F. Randolph at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Randolph was very kind and compassionate and was easy to talk to. He made me feel comfortable, and took things at the pace I was comfortable with. He spent a lot of time with me when I met with him, and was very pleasant and supportive. I would definitely recommend him to others.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John F. Randolph at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Be honest with him and bring every detail of your medical history, cycle information, etc. The more information that you have, the better.
Describe the protocols John F. Randolph used in your cycles at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I used femara with injection for 3 cycles. We were diagnosed with unexplained infertility, however I suffered a ruptured appendix and have sever abdominal scarring, so this could be the cause of our infertility. Because of my scarring, we decided to take the conservative approach as I would be considered "high risk." During the treatments, complex cysts were discovered in my ovaries (possibly endometriomas?) and I discontinued treatment as I wanted time to figure out the cysts, and try to shrink/rid them before proceeding.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John F. Randolph at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The cost wasn't too bad... I only did visits, ultrasounds and a few medications. Insurance covered most of these procedures. If I went further with treatments, the costs would have significantly increased.
Ann Arbor

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with John F. Randolph at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine.

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor
Billing [at U of Michigan] has been an issue. Almost every bill we get has a problem with it, sometimes by a lot. The way it's done is pretty confusing (this is mostly my insurance's fault) so it's tough to check that what the clinic billed is correct. They have an awesome finance person who has fixed the bills for us, and also helped us understand how much everything should cost.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor
The front desk staff is really awesome in general. So friendly and efficient and they often recognize you when you come in. I had one weird experience at my first IUI when the person who checked my husband in didn't understand why he was there (I guess the semen collection was in my name?) and we basically had to shout that we were there for an IUI in front of everyone in the waiting room. While I was waiting this same person told me that I would get pregnant if it was meant to be, which honestly made me feel pretty crappy.
Dr. Randolph always took lots of time to answer all of our questions and never seemed rushed.
The nursing staff at this clinic is awesome. They are the ones responding to most of the online messages, and I love far away so I sent them A LOT of messages rather than coming in for visits. The only bad experience I had was when they told me to take a medication I had just mentioned I was allergic to.
Dr. Randolph was always kind and caring, even when we were under a lot of stress. He responded to my messages very quickly and is very knowledgeable. He seems pretty laid back which helped to calm me down when I was feeling very anxious. I did three IUIs that all failed, but Dr. Randolph did not actually perform any of them.
There are many good doctors at Michigan and Dr. Randolph is definitely one of them. Write your questions down ahead of time so you remember to ask them all!
Three femara with ovidrel and timed intercourse and progesterone followed by three femara with ovidrel and iui and progesterone. All failed.
My insurance didn't cover IUI. It was about $600 per try. IUI drugs were very cheap. PGS is about $3000. Not sure yet how much IVF will be.
Describe John F. Randolph's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine.
We were not given a choice, one embryo is all they will do.
Ann Arbor

The nurses [U of MI] were also very thorough. They were kind, and treated us with respect each time we came in.... Strengths would be the care and careful treatment of each case. I felt like they looked into our case with a fine tooth comb, and took it serious. I also felt like they were organized and helpful every time I called.... The only weakness is that they didn’t offer many payment options for people who can’t afford IVF. I wish the financial advisor there told us more if there were financing options, or third party lendors they worked with.
Strengths would be the care and careful treatment of each case. I felt like they looked into our case with a fine tooth comb, and took it serious. I also felt like they were organized and helpful every time I called. I could easily reach the nurses through the patient portal, and hey always got back to me quickly. The clinic is open 364 days a year, so I knew no matter when my cycle fell I was in good hands. The only weakness is that they didn’t offer many payment options for people who can’t afford IVF. I wish the financial advisor there told us more if there were financing options, or third party lendors they worked with.
Dr. Randolph was very thorough in explaining every step, and treatment. He treated us like an individual case, and not a number. He was hopeful, but also realistic in our treatment plan.
The nurses were also very thorough. They were kind, and treated us with respect each time we came in. I never felt like a number, or that my questions were annoying.
Dr. Randolph was compassionate, and very thorough. I always felt he had my best interests at heart. He explained my treatments, and plan thoroughly, and answered all my questions as best he could. He also never made me feel less than for dealing with infertility. He also never made me feel my questions or worries were silly. He comforted me when I was upset, and was exactly what I needed in this journey.
Be prepared to be treated like you are important, and not just a number.
We started with clomid for our first cycle of IUI. I responded decently, but the IUI was unsuccessful. The next time we switched to femara, and again the IuI was unsuccessful. Our third cycle I didn’t respond great to the femara, so they upped my dose, for the next cycle. Again it wasn’t successful, but I did respond well to the femara.
IUI was around $1k for each cycle, and IVF was around 10k for the first cycle.
Ann Arbor

Communication at this clinic [Univ of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine] - among the health care team and then how they communicate to the patient needs to be improved. Miscommunications were frequent and in an educational session, it was readily apparent that even for patients on the same protocols, we all had varying degrees of knowledge about our clinical condition, which is a reflection on the communication abilities of the clinic.
Communication at this clinic - among the health care team and then how they communicate to the patient needs to be improved. Miscommunications were frequent and in an educational session, it was readily apparent that even for patients on the same protocols, we all had varying degrees of knowledge about our clinical condition, which is a reflection on the communication abilities of the clinic.
She was direct and tailored her recommendations not only to my clinical situation but also our emotional state
Nursing staff were kind and thorough. At times, inconsiderate to the fact that I had contraindications to OCPs which they repeatedly asked me "oh you're not taking birth contro right?" which I understand was their attempt to tailor but ended up making me feel like there was another thing wrong with me and my body. There was also some conflicting info from some nurses so I repeatedly had double check certain things r/t my protocol.
She is direct and experienced. We always were provided tons of information which is what we wanted but sometimes (and this may be because of our clinical situation) not a lot of very pointed feedback - such as this is the best course of treatment for you. We liked having all the info and being able to make an informed decision but some people may not have appreciated this approach.
Be prepared with questions and make sure to request a detailed game plan at the end of each appointment
I was on an antagonist protocol with Metformin. I starred on a low dose of Gonal-F, then added Menopur and Ganirelix. I've only have one stim so far and if we do another one, she recommended increasing my dose of Gonal f to see if we can get more eggs. Because I have PCOS, there was high risk of OHSS, so I believe they were more cautious in my stimulation which made sense.
We have coverage of 80% of fertility treatments up to a lifetime benefit of $20,000. So far, out of pocket, for 1 IUI, mock transfer and 1 stim and egg retrieval, we've paid $3000. PGS is costing us an additional $2000.
Yes, she strongly recommended SET due to my age and the fact that we were doing PGS.

10 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Other
I think one of their [U of Michigan] strengths is that everyone on the team, physicians, nurses, fellows, lab folks know about every patient. They are all 100% in on your care and all know what's going on with you at any point in time. I always felt like we were all rooting for my success. ...there are also trainees in this clinic...med students, residents, fellows....There is a team of nurses at the clinic...they all know about every patient and are all involved in a cycle.
10 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
I think one of their strengths is that everyone on the team, physicians, nurses, fellows, lab folks know about every patient. They are all 100% in on your care and all know what's going on with you at any point in time. I always felt like we were all rooting for my success. That being said, if you have a great relationship with a particular provider, you may not see that person on the day of a retrieval or a transfer. There are also trainees in this clinic...med students, residents, fellows. Feel free to request they are not a part of your care or certain procedures if you don't want them there.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Lanham at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Michael is kind, warm, and brilliant!! He took as much time as I needed in all visits. He is readily reachable and wonderful to work with and very easy to talk to. He was just as disappointed as I was when my cycles did not go as expected. He helped me with alternatives to care that they were not able to provide in their clinic and was very honest with me when he thought it would be very difficult for me to conceive given my circumstances. I would highly recommend Michael to anyone.
There is a team of nurses at the clinic...they all know about every patient and are all involved in a cycle. They are wonderful, sweet, experienced, knowledgeable, easy to reach, encouraging, and supportive. Overall they are awesome!
How was your experience with Michael Lanham at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine?
I saw Michael for my second and third rounds of IVF (after a successful IVF cycle and birth of my son). The first cycle with him did very unexpectedly not go well at all...he was honest but encouraging throughout the process. I didn't have anything to transfer, which was heartbreaking. There was a technical glitch that let me know this before he had a chance to call me to tell me (my appointment was automatically cancelled and I received an alert). He was very apologetic and is continually striving to do better for his patients and the clinic. Although he thought the chances of being successful were low, he let me pursue a 3rd cycle. I made it to transfer that time, but did not end up pregnant. It was heartbreaking...he was supportive and understanding. We talked about other alternatives to build my family. As a single parent by choice, my insurance was not going to cover my care because they didn't think there was enough evidence I couldn't conceive naturally. I found out about this days before my retrieval was expected. Little did I know Michael had already been going to bat for me on my behalf with the insurance company. He's a true gem and a gift to the field of reproductive medicine. Although my cycles under his direction were not successful, I would highly recommend him to anyone.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Lanham at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Be honest with him about any fears or anxieties that you have...he will let you know that you're not the only one and let you know what clinical evidence there is to support his answer. He's very easy to talk to and supportive of all family building situations, single parents, same sex parents, and heterosexual families.
Describe the protocols Michael Lanham used in your cycles at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Did agonist protocol for one cycle, flare protocol for the cycle I insisted on.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Lanham at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I do not recall...I had insurance coverage for the two cycles that I did with Michael.
Describe Michael Lanham's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I had multiple embryos transferred every time I had a transfer because of my age and the embryo quality.
Michael Lanham
Ann Arbor

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Michael Lanham at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine.

1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
[U of Michigan] Pros: Major University hospital with access to cutting-edge research. Experienced and well-credentialed staff members. Cons: Large, impersonal, uncaring atmosphere. Perhaps they go by research too closely--definitely an emphasis on the science of medicine rather than the art--unwillingness to experiment with different protocols or do anything different than what it says to do by the book...
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Smith was involved in guiding my husband and I toward making huge decisions that were very important to us. Yet, every time she saw us she introduced herself as if we'd never met before. After a disappointing egg retrieval a nurse brought her in to speak with us and she was clearly in a rush--her manner was incredibly cold, and she didn't even take off her surgical mask while speaking to us. While I think she knows her medicine, she did not explain things well to us, and simply told us what to do, without really involving us in the decision-making process. Would not recommend!
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: DeLynn)
While most of the nurses were extremely nice, the large size of the staff made it difficult to really feel a connection with anyone. We rarely saw the same person more than once. DeLynn (sp?) and Lindsey were two nurses who we did meet a few times, and who were very kind and concerned in their dealings with us.
Very cold and uncaring. Did not recognize us from visit to visit--each time she saw us she acted like she'd never met us before. While I believe she has a good understanding of medicine, her bedside manner is nonexistent. (And when we left this clinic I did have big doubts about whether I received good care--it was not until receiving a second opinion that I felt confident in her ability to address my medical issues.)
Don't expect to have a relationship with this doctor. She will treat you like a number and will not involve you in your own healthcare decisions. You should also be aware that at this clinic it is very difficult to get consistent care from any one doctor--they have a huge staff and you will rarely see the same doctor twice.
I don't remember the exact drugs. After experiencing repeated (naturally conceived) pregnancy losses I was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. Dr. Smith prescribed very high doses of injectable medicines due to my DOR diagnosis. After our egg retrieval I asked about following a different protocol and was told that high-doses of the IVF meds was the only thing they could do for my condition. Do not see this doctor if you want to follow a protocol that will be tweaked and adjusted from cycle to cycle.
I was fortunate to have my cycle covered by insurance (except for a $2,000 deductible). Therefore, the exact costs do not stick out in my mind--though I think a complete IVF cycle would have been about $8,000. (I also did not complete a full cycle because none of my embryos made it to the blastocyst stage.)
Ann Arbor

It can be overwhelming when you get into the the waiting area [at Univ of MI] as there are several offices in the waiting area that aren’t his but once you get settled you are all good. The person who greets you at the door is usually amazing because they do not know what you’re going through and want to make you feel comfortable. They get all your vitals and then send you to a room to see the doctor.
It can be overwhelming when you get into the the waiting area as there are several offices in the waiting area that aren’t his but once you get settled you are all good. The person who greets you at the door is usually amazing because they do not know what you’re going through and want to make you feel comfortable. They get all your vitals and then send you to a room to see the doctor.
He made it very comfortable due to the fact that I am so young and already have to take hormones for my overall health due to the fact that my body doesn’t produce them due to Turner syndrome which diminished my ovarian reserve.
You can communicate with them through an app and they are very quick to respond.
Everyone at the clinic was so nice. It’s a weird situation already having to go to a fertility/ obgyn doctor at 18 but the nerves quickly went away after meeting certain people there and the doctor himself especially.
He really cares and wants you to have he family you deserve. Even though I haven’t done IVF with donor eggs yet you can just tell he wants you to win and overcome this.
In the future I will be doing an IVF cycle with donor eggs or embryo adoption.
For me due to the donor eggs and possible embryo adoption situation it will be those fees and then adding ivf to that can be up to $30,000
He evaluates your personal situation to make those decisions. I am small and can only transfer one embryo at a time.
Northville

The clinic [University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine] overall is pretty organized, but almost always delayed. I typically wait 10 min for the nurse to take me back and at least 15 min for the resident or doctor to come to the room. It is fairly hard to get in to see my doctor, but they are as accommodating as they can be...The nurses are very sweet and consistent. It’s nice to see the same faces each time I go. They explain things thoroughly and answer any and all questions.
The clinic overall is pretty organized, but almost always delayed. I typically wait 10 min for the nurse to take me back and at least 15 min for the resident or doctor to come to the room. It is fairly hard to get in to see my doctor, but they are as accommodating as they can be.
Dr. Smith has a chilly bedside manner. She isn’t rude or unkind, but impersonable. She is obviously very intelligent and very skilled at what she does, so it doesn’t bother me personally.
Dr. Smith has a very chilly bedside manner, but she is straightforward and extremely knowledgeable. I chose to visit Dr. Smith for a second opinion and felt comfortable that she knew her stuff and gave me the best plan of action for my situation.
Don’t expect a doctor that will hold your hand and be loving. She is knowledgeable and direct, but not emotional.
Dr. Smith ordered a variety of tests for me including LH progesterone, autoimmune disorders, and ovarian reserve. She also ordered a hysteroscopy and an endometrial biopsy. The blood results showed nothing abnormal, so the OHS and biopsy are the next plan of action as well as beginning progesterone 72 hours post-ovulation.
My insurance covers 50% of infertility services and I pay a $20 copay for visits.
Ann Arbor

Clinic [University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine - Ann Arbor] is clean and runs efficiently. Almost all of my appointments were on time and expedient. Clinic staff are friendly and helpful. All procedures are done in the clinic which is very convenient and makes you feel like they are taking care of you and you're not a number...Excellent communication [with nurses] both on the phone and via internet portal. Very compassionate and empathetic.
European, Middle Eastern
Clinic is clean and runs efficiently. Almost all of my appointments were on time and expedient. Clinic staff are friendly and helpful. All procedures are done in the clinic which is very convenient and makes you feel like they are taking care of you and you're not a number.
Doctor Moravek was patient and kind. She answered all of my questions and called personally with test results. My cycles were tailored to my need and she took my preferences into account.
Excellent communication both on the phone and via internet portal. Very compassionate and empathetic.
I highly recommend Dr Moravek. She made me feel personally taken care of, despite the larger clinic setting. She tailored my care to my needs and took my preferences into account. During my loss, she was very compassionate and empathetic. I felt very well cared for and confident in my treatment with her.
Trust her. It may seem like you're talking more frequently to a nurse but she is paying attention to all your results and making plans that will work for you.
Antagonist protocol with ganirelix, 75 iu of gonal f and 75 iu of menpour (low dose) because of my PCOS and history of hyperstimulation on injections. Ovidrel trigger. Was on metformin prior to and during stims.
Strong preference for eSET.
Ann Arbor

Strength [for University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine]: Associated with a big health system. Easy access to different laboratories etc. Let you cycle on schedule that works for you. Weakness: Tend to use standard protocols... UM is a huge fan of lupron protocols. They tend to start all patients on this. They will do an antagonist protocol after failure....Like anywhere, some staff are better than others. Overall, they get the job done. You will bond with some and not as much with others. It is a large staff.
Strength: Associated with a big health system. Easy access to different laboratories etc. Let you cycle on schedule that works for you. Weakness: Tend to use standard protocols
Dr. John Randolph has very good bedside manner. He is very kind and sympathetic. Within this clinic, he is one of the best. However, UM as a whole treats everyone as a number when it comes to their protocols. They are not very creative and as a patient you really need to advocate for yourself if you are a hard case.
John Randolph is very sweet and compassionate. However, he is part of UM which follows very standard protocols. There isn't much individualization. As a patient, you have to push them to make change. If you are an easy case, UM can be great. But for a harder diagnosis, I would seek a more aggressive clinic personally. They are very conservative in their approaches.
He is kind and caring. If you have a rather easy IVF case, UM can be great.
8,000 OOP for IVF, insurance for meds and workup
UM is set on transferring one under the age of 35. May consider 2 after the age of 35.
Ann Arbor

The clinic [University of Michigan Center for Repro Med] was great! They were efficient and organized and kind and caring. The only complaint was that they made us have a counseling session because we were using donor sperm, which we had to pay for out of pocket because our insurance wouldn't cover it. It was fine but unnecessary. ... I felt like the office was timely, and all providers were willing to talk to me for add long as I needed. Also, my wife and I were treated just like any other couple.
The clinic was great! They were efficient and organized and kind and caring. The only complaint was that they made us have a counseling session because we were using donor sperm, which we had to pay for out of pocket because our insurance wouldn't cover it. It was fine but unnecessary.
The nursing staff was great! Everyone was very helpful, and when I called in when questions I would always get a quick and informative response.
We didn't see Dr Smith that often, but when we did she was very informative and gracious with her time. She was thorough and respectful with our questions. She was also emotionally responsive when we dealt with negative cycles.
At this clinic you will see nurses and ultrasound technicians more often than your doctor.
We needed 3 IUIs before we could get IVF for insurance purposes. We had already had 9 IUIs at another office, and we did not expect these to work (and they did not). Dr. Smith understood this and did not try to get our hope up with each IUI, unlike our previous doctor, which was really nice!
1 Embryo Freezing (cancer), IVF, Surrogacy
Cancer
They [U of MI Ctr for ReproMed] are great at scheduling and communication. The facilities are a bit plain and not overly decorated, but always clean....They are exceptional and personalize your care. We never felt like we were kept in the dark about any detail and they were on hand whenever needed. Very compasssinate!...Our situation was remembered by everyone in the clinic every time we called or cane in. They knew us by name and made us feel welcome, like we were their only patients.
1 Embryo Freezing (cancer), IVF, Surrogacy
Cancer
Nothing that I can think of. They are great at scheduling and communication. The facilities are a bit plain and not overly decorated, but always clean. This is not important to us, however, and the “spa feel” of a clinic does not change the results of your outcome whatsoever anyways
Dr Moravek is great at her job. She was very upfront with all information pertinent to our situation, but delivered it in a personal, caring way. She is extremely knowledgeable about all facets of healthcare and how it fits her particular profession.
You’re in good hands!
We don’t remember a ton of details. However, everything was explained at the time and rationale was given. She used Menopur and Gonal-f for our treatments.
Care covered under the Livestrong fertility grant. $5,000
None.
Ann Arbor

The clinic [U of MI-Ann Arbor] is very very disorganized. They take on too many cases and then I felt like my case fell to the wayside. I never felt fully informed of the next step until they contacted last minute. They do offer support groups so that was nice... The clinic had me come in for various blood draws, of which they lost or did not label 2. So that meant I had to go in again for another. They were very disorganized and did not give me important information until last minute. I felt very frazzled every time I left there.
The clinic is very very disorganized. They take on too many cases and then I felt like my case fell to the wayside. I never felt fully informed of the next step until they contacted last minute. They do offer support groups so that was nice
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lisa Green at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine?
They were very disorganized. It was not necessarily the doctor but the office. Last minute changes to my injectable medications, lost blood draw samples, last minute calls with important information. They seem to have too many cases for their own good.
The nurses were the people who called and gave any and all news regarding your case. They were compassionate and respectful.
How was your experience with Lisa Green at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine?
The doctor was nice. She was respectful and kind. The clinic was disorganized, irresponsible and left me feeling frazzled every time. They misplaced my blood draws multiple times so I had to come again. They do have support groups, so that is nice but I do not like the way they function.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lisa Green at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine?
She is nice. Ask questions, she will listen and answer them the best she can.
Describe the protocols Lisa Green used in your cycles at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I don’t remember specifics but I know we used Menupur and Gonal F.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lisa Green at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Our insurance was at a 80% covered and 20% owed by us. We ended up spending around $3,000 out of pocket.
Describe Lisa Green's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I am happy we did a single embryo transfer because we ended up with identical twins. They justify the number to transfer by your age
Lisa Green
Ann Arbor

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Lisa Green at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, PCOS
I showed up for an appointment [at U of MI-Ann Arbor] once and it didn't seem like the appointment was in their schedule for the day. Another time I left after being told I had miscarried and had to turn around come all the way back in to get a Rhogam injection because they failed to offer it at the time of my appointment. On another occasion I was waiting for lab results and didn't receive a call same day. I had to call in to the L&D triage after hours to get the results.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, PCOS
The clinic usually runs behind on appointment timing. This was frustrating as I usually had to get back to my older child who was being cared for by friends during the appointments. The clinic is very accomodating about last minute appointments that are needed, which is appreciated.
Appointments were usually very brief and interaction was mainly with MAs or nurses.
The nursing staff was usually very good at returning calls quickly and making sure I got the care that I needed.
Yolanda Smith is very knowledgeable but seemed to be pushing for IVF in our situation. I wish we would have been offered more testing in addition to the few things we were diagnosed with to see if there were any more reasons for recurrent miscarriages.
Come prepared with the questions you have, the appointments are usually brief. The clinic is usually running behind (or at least it was while I was a patient.)
We used Femara and Ovidrel trigger shots to induce ovulation. Ultrasound monitoring was used mid-cycle before trigger.

PCOS, Tubal Blockage
I think the hard part , but also what makes it incredible, with u of m [University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine] is that it is linked to the hospital. They know what they are doing and constantly researching. That makes it less of a "fun clinic ". There are no care baskets or anything like that. They are there to get you pregnant...[nurses are] Very compassionate, responsive, understanding, and sweet. Always there to help and calm my nerves
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
I think the hard part, but also what makes it incredible, with u of m is that it is linked to the hospital. They know what they are doing and constantly researching. That makes it less of a "fun clinic ". There are no care baskets or anything like that. They are there to get you pregnant.
You can tell he has a family and truly wants me to have one of my own. He is so intelligent, but so caring and made my husband and I very comfortable
Smart, caring, warm, funny, compassionate, well respected, and knows what he is doing. He has made this process as bearable as possible. Even though we are still pending our fresh transfer results, I have confidence he will do what he can to ensure I have a family
Relax and ask questions, he will go over everything
Letrozol for 4 (3 timed and 1 IUI) Gonalf, menopur, cetrotide, and trigger shot for egg retrieval. Both of my transfers were prepped with Estrace, prometrium, prednisilone, and baby aspirin.
Mine has gone through insurance. So far about $8k out of pocket, but we also did PGS which is not covered
My dr prefers to not do multiple embryos for a transfer, due to the increase risks that go w that. We were happy he was looking after both mine and the baby's safety.
Ann Arbor

Strength [for University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine]: Academic center connected to large hospital system Weaknesses: See many doctors over course of treatment, might only see your doctor once, very conservative on protocols, very into evidence-based medicine (i.e. not into supplements or immune protocols because little research).... Like with any clinic, the nursing staff is hit or miss. I think Delynn, Kristina, and Robin are some of the better nurses in the clinic.
Strength: Academic center connected to large hospital system Weaknesses: See many doctors over course of treatment, might only see your doctor once, very conservative on protocols, very into evidence-based medicine (i.e. not into supplements or immune protocols because little research).
Very cold bedside manner. She was not personable enough for me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Delynn)
We did get pregnant with Dr. Smith but felt it was more luck than the actual protocol. Dr. Smith is not warm at the bedside and you definitely feel more like a number. UM practices as a team anyway, so all of the doctors make the decisions. They are pretty strict on following their protocols, not aggressive in treatment and more conservative. Another reviewer put, they practice more medicine than the art of medicine and I fully agree with that statement.
I would not choose Dr. Smith, I think some of the other doctors in the same clinic have a better bedside manner.
Standard lupron protocol with birth control.
10Kish but workup and meds covered
UM is in more in favor of single embryo transfer.

Other, Unexplained
I love that [the nurses at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine are] very responsive to questions online...It’s expensive. For anything insurance denies, they do offer a 40% off discount which I appreciate...It takes a while to get in. They’re always very busy and the appointments don’t usually start on time. The front desk seems a bit disorganized. There’s a neat library available to check out books on infertility...
Other, Unexplained
He spent time and explained things.
I love that they’re very responsive to questions online.
It’s really hard to get in to see him. When I do see him he is nice and optimistic which is comforting. My ultrasounds are all approved by other doctors so I feel like not everyone is on the same plan.
Be prepared to wait a while to see him.
He felt like oral meds were the least intrusive and did not think I needed anything more. 5 months and still no pregnant but it takes 4 months to get back in to see him.

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Everyone in this clinical team [at U of Michigan] was very helpful, compassionate and kind. Quick follow up and follow through, overall great communication. I’m still working with this team and even if there is no resolve i know they will direct me to the right place.... Lindsay and the entire nursing staff with Dr Mahany have been truly amazing. I feel very blessed to have worked so closely with such a wonderful group.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Everyone in this clinical team was very helpful, compassionate and kind. Quick follow up and follow through, overall great communication. I’m still working with this team and even if there is no resolve i know they will direct me to the right place.
Dr Mahany has been absolutely amazing! She has been willing to stop at nothing to get to the root of our problem.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lindsey)
Dr Mahany is extremely thorough, very knowledgeable in the field and willing to stop at nothing to obtain results and solutions. Dr Mahany is kind and caring and always takes the time to fully explain where we are, next steps.
You will be in great hands with Dr Mahany and her team.
Plaquenil to treat potential inflammation Folic avid to treat MTHFR
Roughly $5000 so far
Dr Mahany also recommended transfer only 1 embryo, we did heed her advice.

Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
Waiting time sometimes is long [at U of Michigan]. You do not communicate with your doctor directly, always through a nurse. Staff at the desk are just fine, not very warming either.... Some of them are very caring. Others are cold and didn't show empathy at all. They respond my emails promptly.... They gave me the calendar of my IVF cycle without asking me if it would be frozen or fresh. I felt that I always had to ask to receive all the information.
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
Waiting time sometimes is long. You do not communicate with your doctor directly, always through a nurse. Staff at the desk are just fine, not very warming either.
Some nurses and the doctor were kind of cold and didn't show empathy some times.
He is very experienced but sometimes he seemed in a rush, and I didn't feel very welcome to ask questions. However, when he did my surgery he was the kindest person ever. Also, it was hard for me to communicate with him directly.
Do not expect a warm doctor and do not feel intimidated. Ask as much as you need to.
He suggested Clomid and Ovidrel for some cycles to make my ovaries work better. They didn't work, mainly due to my endometriosis.
It was covered by my insurance. I only paid the copay.
2012
There was never a long wait at this clinic [University of Michigan] and I felt like my appointments with Dr. Will were not rushed. They were great at calling me and informing me of next steps.
2012
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matthew Will at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine?
There was never a long wait at this clinic and I felt like my appointments with Dr. Will were not rushed. All of my questions were answered and he did a great job communicating.
They were great at calling me and informing me of next steps.
How was your experience with Matthew Will at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. WIll did a great job listening to me at each appointment. He also changed the protocol after each failure to give me a better chance at success.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matthew Will at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Will is a caring phyisician.
Describe the protocols Matthew Will used in your cycles at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Clomid or Femara + timed intercourse. Femara + Gonal-F + timed intercourse. BFN for all 4 cycles.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matthew Will at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine.
My procedures were covered 100% by my insurance.
Matthew Will
Ann Arbor

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Matthew Will at University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine.

They [University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine] are great and get back with you with any questions. We can communicate with them through a portal...They get back to as soon as they can. Never waited overnight for a question to be answered. Never had to wait long in the waiting room. Dr. Randolph makes sure all your questions are answered before you leave. The staff is very friendly. As of now no weakness since we are not doing shots yet.
He sat with my husband and I and talked to us and made sure all of our questions were answered
They are great and get back with you with any questions. We can communicate with them through a portal.
I have only seen him twice so haven’t done a full round of IVF with him. Waiting for my husband to be on clomid for a few more months before we do anymore IVF. So far we really like him. We don’t have to wait long in the waiting room to see him. Both times I have seen him he has asked how am I doing both physically and mentally since this can be a frustring process.
Write down any questions you want to ask. If he didn’t have a answer for me, he told me who to contact to get the answer I need.
We are not that far in our process yet
Not sure
Haven’t gotten that far yet.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
We worked with a team of nurses [at U of MI Center for Repro Med]. Whenever I sent a message through the portal, I would receive a reply back extremely quickly, sometimes immediately. 95% of the nurses I interacted with in person were wonderful and very compassionate.... The clinic uses a team approach, meaning you won't see the same doctor/nurse/technician for every appointment. This means you can often get questions answered more quickly than if you were only working with one person.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
Dr. Randolph is extremely compassionate and has a wonderful bedside manner.
We worked with a team of nurses. Whenever I sent a message through the portal, I would receive a reply back extremely quickly, sometimes immediately. 95% of the nurses I interacted with in person were wonderful and very compassionate.
I like that Dr. Randolph is so compassionate and caring. He spent as much time as we needed answering our questions. My complaint is that we had poorer outcomes than we had expected based on our testing and diagnosis.
Advocate for yourself, and if there's a test you've heard of that you think you might need, ask for it.
We were very much encouraged to transfer one embryo, which we did. Dr. Randolph recognizes the risks to mother and baby that come with multiples.