7.2

Radnor
250 King of Prussia Road
Radnor, PA 19087

Treated 2015
She's [Dr. Clarosa Gracia] unfailingly positive and so invested in her patients' outcomes. I had a poor prognosis per my ob/gyn and all my test results and she remained encouraging and optimistic every step of the way. She listened to my concerns and answered all of my questions. She came to the office on a weekend (on a day she was not scheduled to be in the office) to personally perform my egg retrieval and transfer. I really didn't expect my cycle to work at all but it not only worked, it worked on the first try and I have twins!! She is the best!
Everyone at the clinic [UPenn] is very friendly, helpful, supportive. The only negative was sometimes long wait times for monitoring appointments. It really is a team environment there and everyone seems invested in the patient care and excellent outcomes...[Nurse] Roohi was very calm and caring. She was very organized about all the steps in the process. She had my medications ordered and the prior authorizations completed in advance. She was very supportive throughout the process
How was your experience with Clarisa Gracia at Penn Fertility Care?
Please see previous answer. Dr Gracia personally performed my retrieval and transfer and was my biggest cheerleader even when I was feeling very pessimistic about my chances of success. Dr. Gracia is optimistic, friendly, caring, approachable, funny, smart, motivated and so smart. I always felt like my cycle and my success were very important to her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Clarisa Gracia at Penn Fertility Care?
Take notes, she talks fast!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Clarisa Gracia at Penn Fertility Care?
Dr Gracia (please note it is Gracia, not Garcia) is one of the most fantastic doctors (and people) I've ever met. She's unfailingly positive and so invested in her patients' outcomes. I had a poor prognosis per my ob/gyn and all my test results and she remained encouraging and optimistic every step of the way. She listened to my concerns and answered all of my questions. She came to the office on a weekend (on a day she was not scheduled to be in the office) to personally perform my egg retrieval and transfer. I really didn't expect my cycle to work at all but it not only worked, it worked on the first try and I have twins!! She is the best!
Describe the protocols Clarisa Gracia used in your cycles at Penn Fertility Care and their degree of success.
I did a luteal lupron downregulation IVF cycle with Follistim and Menopur. I did not use birth control pills. I used intramuscular progesterone support following egg retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Penn Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Roohi)
Describe your experience with Penn Fertility Care.
Everyone at the clinic is very friendly, helpful, supportive. The only negative was sometimes long wait times for monitoring appointments. It really is a team environment there and everyone seems invested in the patient care and excellent outcomes
Describe the costs associated with your care under Clarisa Gracia at Penn Fertility Care.
everything was covered by insurance
Treated 2013 - 2014
Embryo Freezing
If you're looking for a warm and fuzzy doctor with a communicative bedside manner, he's [Dr. Kurt Barnhart] probably not your doc. However, if you're interested in someone who knows the latest research, is really into statistics and facts, and has seen the latest treatments and tons of patients, that's his specialty (in my mind). I spent a lot more time in his personal office than I did in a patient/clinical room.
Brenda [a nurse at UPenn] was efficient and available. Sometimes I felt that she was a little overwhelmed with having a lot of work, and a couple of times I wasn't sure she quite remembered the specifics of my case. But she was always available when I needed her and I really appreciated her letting me text her. I would have random questions about this or that and she was very patient with me in answering them and always answered quickly. That helped me so much because I didn't have to pick up the phone and call her every single time.
How was your experience with Kurt Barnhart at Penn Fertility Care?
I didn't spend a whole lot of time with Dr. Barnhart, but when I did he was very knowledgeable and informative -- he was kind of science-y, but I liked that because we were dealing with lots of scientific info, probability, and various medical and scientific choices we had to make. So I liked him. But he isn't the warmest, fuzziest doctor, and he only did some of my procedures due to scheduling.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kurt Barnhart at Penn Fertility Care?
If you're looking for a warm and fuzzy doctor with a communicative bedside manner, he's probably not your doc. However, if you're interested in someone who knows the latest research, is really into statistics and facts, and has seen the latest treatments and tons of patients, that's his specialty (in my mind). I spent a lot more time in his personal office than I did in a patient/clinical room.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kurt Barnhart at Penn Fertility Care?
The nurse accessibility and care was very good. -- there are a lot of doctors in the practice, and I really liked pretty much all of them, but not a ton of consistency in who you saw, it just depended on the day you went in. At no point did I feel like a number rather than a human even though they clearly had a "process" but that made it more efficient I thought.
Describe the protocols Kurt Barnhart used in your cycles at Penn Fertility Care and their degree of success.
He started with the least interventionist, IUI, but quickly recommended I consider switching to full IVF when our first attempts weren't successful. I think they expected, due to my numbers and my husband's previous experience, it to be more successful than it was the first time, but then when it wasn't he encouraged us to "step it up" and I was glad about that. He didn't seem focused on success in numbers, though -- he seemed focused on success with me as an individual in having a baby. He was thoughtful about how many embryos to put in, and he knew how to explain my choices at each step of the way and letting us know when there was really no right answer -- and when there sort of was a "right answer" if we wanted to up our chances of getting pregnant. I can't remember the specirics of my protocols -- I did lots of injections and they had me doing the progesterone shots for 10 full weeks after I got pregnant, in order to help the pregnancy succeed . . .
Describe your experience with your nurse at Penn Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Brenda Efymow)
Brenda was efficient and available. Sometimes I felt that she was a little overwhelmed with having a lot of work, and a couple of times I wasn't sure she quite remembered the specifics of my case. But she was always available when I needed her and I really appreciated her letting me text her. I would have random questions about this or that and she was very patient with me in answering them and always answered quickly. That helped me so much because I didn't have to pick up the phone and call her every single time.
Describe your experience with Penn Fertility Care.
It's more like a doctor's office than a clinic. For example, I happened to go with a friend to another fertility clinic and it felt more comprehensively about getting you pregnant -- almost a marketing thing, really. Since Penn is a research hospital it was much more about --here's our latest research study, you can sign up, and just more of a doctor's office. I was more than happy to participate in the research though and appreciated being part of that, and I knew that my doctors were up on the latest research and treatments. I have heard that there are other clinics that are just focused on numbers, numbers, numbers, and they are potentially more aggressive with drugs etc, I don't know details on that, but I never felt that way at Penn and felt that I was part of a great health system and system of doctors, nurses and researchers who were contributing to the greater good and also getting us a baby. (Who is the best thing that's every happened! He is so awesome!)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kurt Barnhart at Penn Fertility Care.
Everything was covered under my health insurance and the process that I had to go through with it was very efficient and easy to navigate with the staff person working on it.
Treated 2009 - 2010
On the positive side, I would say Dr. Sondheimer was careful (perhaps too much so) of my health and making sure I was safe which maybe other doctors did not do enough. My biggest complaint: Though we kept trying to do things and they were NOT working (2 IVFs with the same protocol), they would not try another protocol with me. They did one blanket protocol for everyone.
It [monitoring] was 100% a cattle call. Very very very long waits. Rushed in and out of ultrasounds with techs who were not caring at all (hard to take when you are paying out of pocket!)...I remember she [nurse at Penn Fertility Care] had to give me a Rhogam shot and do betas with me and it was an awful time and she was so kind to me.
How was your experience with Steven Sondheimer at Penn Fertility Care?
My biggest complaint: Though we kept trying to do things and they were NOT working (2 IVFs with the same protocol), they would not try another protocol with me. They did one blanket protocol for everyone. Uniqueness was not considered. Also, 8 of my eggs "died" in suspicious circumstances in the lab. I had dozens more eggs they said they couldn't retrieve. And then, they did the same protocol again (no changes) and cancelled a cycle on me. My E2 levels were through the roof. Yet still, for a 3rd IVF they would have recommended no changes! It's unbelievable. There was no innovation or attempt at a new way of looking at a case. On the positive side, I would say Dr. Sondheimer was careful (perhaps too much so) of my health and making sure I was safe which maybe other doctors did not do enough. I also was glad that causes for recurrent pregnancy loss were explored and there was a potential blood clotting issue.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Steven Sondheimer at Penn Fertility Care?
If you are a basic, straightforward patient, he may be fine (I did get pregnant twice on IUI's though lost those) but if your case is unusual or out of the normal scope, this is not the office for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Steven Sondheimer at Penn Fertility Care?
He didn't seem to know my case very well or seem personally invested. Long waits, often didn't even see him though he was coordinating my care.
Describe the protocols Steven Sondheimer used in your cycles at Penn Fertility Care and their degree of success.
The Antagonist protocol. That's all they would do for IVF. Unless you were over 35 or PCOS, nothing else would be considered. They even met as a committee to discuss it. For IUI they did try Letrazole for me instead of Clomid as a previous clinic had done, and I got pregnant twice on it (though no success.)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Penn Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Rie)
I remember she had to give me a Rhogam shot and do betas with me and it was an awful time and she was so kind to me.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Penn Fertility Care.
It was 100% a cattle call. Very very very long waits. Rushed in and out of ultrasounds with techs who were not caring at all (hard to take when you are paying out of pocket!) Also they allowed children in the waiting area which was painful at the time.
Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. K is very knowledgeable in infertility and does well in explaining it to someone new to the process. She has great bedside manner and made me feel comfortable every step of the way. I appreciate how she's available through phone or EMR messaging and will answer in a timely manner. Even through the phone, I feel that I'm speaking face to face with her as she has a great listening ear, validates my feelings, and answers all my questions in ways that I understand. She takes the time you need and doesn't rush through anything.
Clinic [Suleena Kalra] was clean and well organized. I didn't wait too long either. They have plenty of openings, it just depends which location you're trying to go to. I appreciated how they greeted me, as if I've been there a thousand times before and they knew me. ... Nursing staff was very welcoming and helped answer any questions I had. They made me feel very comfortable in a very personal situation.
How was your experience with Suleena Kalra at Penn Fertility Care?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Suleena Kalra at Penn Fertility Care?
You will enjoy her as a Dr.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Suleena Kalra at Penn Fertility Care?
Dr. K was great with me and my partner coming in for consultation about starting our family. She was warm but honest and very informative about what our steps were to start the process. She's available through phone and through chart messaging and answers in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with Penn Fertility Care.
Clinic was clean and well organized. I didn't wait too long either. They have plenty of openings, it just depends which location you're trying to go to. I appreciated how they greeted me, as if I've been there a thousand times before and they knew me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Suleena Kalra at Penn Fertility Care.
Covered mostly by my insurance.

Treated 2018 - 2019
My husband was diagnosed as having azoospermia (no sperm in semen analysis) and Dr. Masson was very delicate in breaking the news. He also gave us hope by informing us that we could try vitamins, surgical sperm extraction, or look into other options for building a family (donors, adoption, etc.) . He never once made us feel embrassed or ashamed and always gave us hope....My husband had the TESE (surgical sperm extraction) however the surgery unfortunately yielded no sperm. However after the surgery Dr. Masson gently gave us the new
The nurses [University of Pennsylvania Penn Fertility Care] were very compassionate. They also were easy to get in touch with....Arrive early, appointments start exactly on time. I have never waited more than 15 minutes before being called back for appointment. Allow extra time to ask questions if needed. Labs and pharmacy are all located close by, literally within blocks of each other or in the same building.... Only costs so far have been cost of consults $50 and all semen analyses have been covered by insurance (out of pocket would have been $100).
How was your experience with Puneet Masson at Penn Fertility Care?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Puneet Masson at Penn Fertility Care?
Ask questions. Dr.Masson is great, I would highly recommend him.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Puneet Masson at Penn Fertility Care?
Dr. Masson was very sincere and expressed great empathy toward my husband and I during this difficult time.
Describe the protocols Puneet Masson used in your cycles at Penn Fertility Care and their degree of success.
My husband had the TESE (surgical sperm extraction) however the surgery unfortunately yielded no sperm. However after the surgery Dr. Masson gently gave us the news and allowed us time to “take it all in”. The next day he called us directly to check on us and again asked if we had any questions. Dr. Masson and his staff were always easy and readily available via email and phone calls.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Penn Fertility Care.
The nurses were very compassionate. They also were easy to get in touch with.
Describe your experience with Penn Fertility Care.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Puneet Masson at Penn Fertility Care.
Describe Puneet Masson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Penn Fertility Care.
Treated 2013 - 2018
Dr. Manigi was very kind but over confident about the success of treatment due to my age. I did not have the intended result of pregnancy. She was familiar with endometriosis but I think my case was very complicated and I'm not sure she was fully aware of how to deal with my individual situation... Tubal check was the initial procedure to make sure my tubes were open followed by surgery was the initial treatment. I was first put on clomid and then moved to ivf
[Clinic staff at UPenn-Market were] Overwhelmed and unavailable at times which caused undue stress to patients. The clinical was flexible with scheduling and the turn around time from initial visit to treatment was quick. Wouldn't advise a young patient to go here as my case wasn't considered to be as bad as others which I feel often the severity of my case was overlooked and I was often told your young so you have time
How was your experience with Monica Mainigi at Penn Fertility Care?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Monica Mainigi at Penn Fertility Care?
Ask a lot of questions about your treatment plan and next steps in the event treatment doesn't help
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Monica Mainigi at Penn Fertility Care?
Dr. Manigi was pleasant and cared about my goals
Describe the protocols Monica Mainigi used in your cycles at Penn Fertility Care and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Penn Fertility Care.
Nursing staff were kind but overwhelmed and could not provide individual care
Describe your experience with Penn Fertility Care.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Monica Mainigi at Penn Fertility Care.
About $18,000
Describe Monica Mainigi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Penn Fertility Care.
Proper count if follicles I developed ovarian cyst during ivf treatment which were initially mistaken as follicles
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Penn Fertility Care.
It was hard to get information about the ivf trigger shot and I received conflicting information about dosage
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Coutifaris is the head of Penn Fertily. He is well respected and everyone’s favorite. He is very compassionate, but at the same time professional. He had a nice sense of humor, which was very nice at such difficult times....Dr. Coutifaris is a very caring person. He is also very well educated and he was activiely looking for options. Unfortunately, he ended up taking sabbatical and I had to choose a different doctor.... The embryos were already tested
Very professional and caring team. Since they [U of Penn Fertility Care] are a university hospital, they don’t decline patients as other clinics do. Doctors and nurses are very compassionate and you can tell that they are not in for your money. The only challenge I see is that they have so many patients and sometimes I feel like I am just a number and I don’t always get personalized treatment. Regardless, I have only good things to say about everyone I have worked with at Penn Fertility.
How was your experience with Christos Coutifaris at Penn Fertility Care?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christos Coutifaris at Penn Fertility Care?
I would give this advise to every patient no matter how good their doctor is - be your own advocate and don’t accept no for an answer.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christos Coutifaris at Penn Fertility Care?
Describe the protocols Christos Coutifaris used in your cycles at Penn Fertility Care and their degree of success.
The embryos were already tested, but were not implanting. We did two ERAs because we only had one viable embyat the end and we wanted to make sure 100% that I was receptive at time of transfer if last good embryo. Unfortunately, it didn’t implant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Penn Fertility Care.
My nurse takes me very seriously. I have had three doctors and the only constant is my nurse. She knows me well and I know she has my best interest at heart.
Describe your experience with Penn Fertility Care.
Very professional and caring team. Since they are a university hospital, they don’t decline patients as other clinics do. Doctors and nurses are very compassionate and you can tell that they are not in for your money. The only challenge I see is that they have so many patients and sometimes I feel like I am just a number and I don’t always get personalized treatment. Regardless, I have only good things to say about everyone I have worked with at Penn Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christos Coutifaris at Penn Fertility Care.
$15k.
Describe Christos Coutifaris's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Penn Fertility Care.

Treated 2016 - 2017
Dr. Senapati always took time to clearly and thoroughly explain everything. She answered all my questions and even suggested and answered questions I didn't even think to ask. I felt she cared about my experience and outcomes...Dr. Senapati is very dedicated, thorough, smart and clear. I always felt she was doing everything she could to ensure I made informed decisions, had good experiences, and felt supported by the practice. Her nursing team is also very supportive and helpful.
The clinic [University of Pennsylvania] seemed genuinely concerned with ensuring I had a good experience. Wait times weren't always short but they weren't terrible, and were quite good if you went first thing in the morning. The desk staff who checked me in each time were particularly lovely...I loved Erin and the nursing staff that supported me throughout my fertility processes. I spoke with Erin more than any doctor or anyone else at the clinic during my IVF cycle and she was absolutely wonderful.
How was your experience with Suneeta Senapati at Penn Fertility Care?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Suneeta Senapati at Penn Fertility Care?
Trust the process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Suneeta Senapati at Penn Fertility Care?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Penn Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: ERIN TREDINNICK)
Describe your experience with Penn Fertility Care.
The clinic seemed genuinely concerned with ensuring I had a good experience. Wait times weren't always short but they weren't terrible, and were quite good if you went first thing in the morning. The desk staff who checked me in each time were particularly lovely.
Describe Suneeta Senapati's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Penn Fertility Care.
The practice in general seemed very adverse to multiple babies, so they seemed happy I wanted to do genetic testing with just 1 normal embryo transfer.
Treated 2016 - 2017
She [Dr. Kalra] is aware and sensitive to the financial costs of using donor sperm. She is optimistic that IUI will work but understand to our desire to have a baby soon; willing to compromise on the treatment plan. She is honest and caring and always available to answer question or explain something to us. She was very accommodating when my partner had to call into one of our first appointments due to a business trip.
[U Penn] Professional and clean. Typically appointments run on time. Only do ultrasounds and IUI's in the morning which is difficult for someone who doesn't work a traditional schedule...[Nurses] They are excellent. No one judged our relationship status or desire to expand our family. Everyone on the team is compassionate and optimistic for you! It's like having an extra 3-4 people crossing their fingers every month.
How was your experience with Suleena Kalra at Penn Fertility Care?
Amazing! She is aware and sensitive to the financial costs of using donor sperm. She is optimistic that IUI will work but understand to our desire to have a baby soon; willing to compromise on the treatment plan. She is honest and caring and always available to answer question or explain something to us. She was very accommodating when my partner had to call into one of our first appointments due to a business trip.
Listen to Dr. Kalra and believe that she has your best interest in mind. The process can be very overwhelming and emotional.
Always available to talk about steps, what to expect, when to change courses, and answer general questions.
Describe the protocols Suleena Kalra used in your cycles at Penn Fertility Care and their degree of success.
Frequent ultrasounds and blood work for baseline and process tracking in each cycle.
Describe your experience with Penn Fertility Care.
We're lucky to have it all covered by insurance once meeting our deductible
Treated 2017
I wish I could have spoken to her [Dr. Shah] to share some of my concerns including be given the option to have an ultrasound the day of my IUI. Since I suffer from PCOS my progress has always been a little slow so I believe my IUI may have been done too early. I did not get monitored after my IUI. In fact, the office never called and checked on me after my IUI. I was just instructed to call if I get a positive test. If I don’t then I would just call on the 1st day of my cycle.
Strengths [for the nurse at Penn Fertility Care]: very detailed and showed compassion Weakness: at times it was difficult to speak to her...front desk office is in a main hallway which is not private and forces you to have a personal conversation in a public hallway. After an IUI, I did not get a follow up call from nurses or staff to discuss my next options or at least to check on me...$250 for iui...You may only see your doctor once and that’s it
How was your experience with Divya Shah at Penn Fertility Care?
Strengths: she showed lots of compassion. She was very thorough and I appreciated that about my initial visit. Weak: I wish I could have spoken to her to share some of my concerns including be given the option to have an ultrasound the day of my IUI. Since I suffer from PCOS my progress has always been a little slow so I believe my IUI may have been done too early. I did not get monitored after my IUI. In fact, the office never called and checked on me after my IUI. I was just instructed to call if I get a positive test. If I don’t then I would just call on the 1st day of my cycle.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Divya Shah at Penn Fertility Care?
You may only see your doctor once and that’s it
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Divya Shah at Penn Fertility Care?
Dr. Shah spoke with compassion. She was very informative.
Describe the protocols Divya Shah used in your cycles at Penn Fertility Care and their degree of success.
Letrozol day 3-7....then trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Penn Fertility Care.
Strengths: very detailed and showed compassion Weakness: at times it was difficult to speak to her
Describe your experience with Penn Fertility Care.
Strengths: location, clean, staff was very friendly and did show compassion Weakness: front desk office is in a main hallway which is not private and forces you to have a personal conversation in a public hallway. After an IUI, I did not get a follow up call from nurses or staff to discuss my next options or at least to check on me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Divya Shah at Penn Fertility Care.
$250 for iui
Treated 2011 - 2012
He [Dr. Edwards] was willing to listen to concerns and provide options for moving forward. He never pushed any one treatment. He answered questions personally, I was never referred to a nurse for concerns. He wad very reliable and supportive.... I was put on the pill to ease surgery scheduling. I had a laparoscopy done to check for and treat endometriosis. I conceived naturally following the laparoscopy.... He's very willing to help you in whichever ways you think will be best for you.
There were no notable weaknesses. It [U Penn] is a teaching facility so there were extra student involved but I didn't mind. Overall it's a great facility. Things were run very well. Scheduling, billing and treatment were simple.... I do not recall exact costs but know all was covered by insurance and I paid just $35 copay, plus $100 surgical copay. Three post surgical appts were also included.... Everyone was helpful and compassionate
How was your experience with Scott Edwards at Penn Fertility Care?
He was willing to listen to concerns and provide options for moving forward. He never pushed any one treatment. He answered questions personally, I was never referred to a nurse for concerns. He wad very reliable and supportive.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Scott Edwards at Penn Fertility Care?
Be honest about your needs, expectations and ask questions. He's very willing to help you in whichever ways you think will be best for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Scott Edwards at Penn Fertility Care?
Very kind and always personally responded to calls ad questions
Describe the protocols Scott Edwards used in your cycles at Penn Fertility Care and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Penn Fertility Care.
Everyone was helpful and compassionate
Describe your experience with Penn Fertility Care.
There were no notable weaknesses. It is a teaching facility so there were extra student involved but I didn't mind. Overall it's a great facility. Things were run very well. Scheduling, billing and treatment were simple.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Edwards at Penn Fertility Care.
Describe Scott Edwards's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Penn Fertility Care.
Didn't experience this.

Treated 2018 - 2019
So far have only done consultation with Dr. Edwards.... His personality is very warm and inviting making it easier to ask questions.... His strengths are his empathy and compassion for a very difficulty journey. He answers questions in a simple manner and during each encounter he takes his time to explain thing thoroughly. I have never felt rushed when speaking with him.... Waiting time is less than 15 minutes before being called back for appointments.
Clinic [University of Pennsylvania] was very cleaned and maintained privacy. Clinic was spacious with a lot of room to move around. Waiting time is less than 15 minutes before being called back for appointments. Weakness are parking but the clinic is in center city Philadelphia so that comes with the territory.... Nurses here seemed very informed about the trying to conceive language and seemed empathic toward patients.
How was your experience with Scott Edwards at Penn Fertility Care?
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
His personality is very warm and inviting making it easier to ask questions.
So far we have only been through consultations and are in the works of developing a treatment plan.
Describe your experience with Penn Fertility Care.
Clinic was very cleaned and maintained privacy. Clinic was spacious with a lot of room to move around. Waiting time is less than 15 minutes before being called back for appointments. Weakness are parking but the clinic is in center city Philadelphia so that comes with the territory.
So far have only done consultation with Dr. Edwards. Based on my insurance each consult or appointment will typically cost $50.
Philadelphia - Market
From first impression he [Dr. Barnhart] was very nice and polite . He took time to listen to my journey and answered all questions... He is polite and educated. He takes his time to explain things . He doesn’t rush you out of his office . He will answer the same question a thousands times if needed. He explains all options and all risk.... He only does 1 embryo . He said multiple is to risky on the first transfer.... Pick Dr. Barnhart as your Doctor .
Strength the office [UPenn] is convient and they validate parking . The waiting is always clean and they water ,tv and reading material weakness returning calls timely ( not the nurse staff the finance team)... [Nurse] She was funny and polite . Some of the other staff didn’t return my call timely and I didn’t like that.... He [Dr. Barnhart] is polite and educated. He takes his time to explain things . He doesn’t rush you out of his office . He will answer the same question a thousands times if needed. He explains all options and all risk.
How was your experience with Kurt Barnhart at Penn Fertility Care?
Pick Dr. Barnhart as your Doctor .
From first impression he was very nice and polite . He took time to listen to my journey and answered all questions . I like him .
I don’t remember sorry
Describe your experience with your nurse at Penn Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Denmaree )
Describe your experience with Penn Fertility Care.
Strength the office is convient and they validate parking . The waiting is always clean and they water ,tv and reading material weakness returning calls timely ( not the nurse staff the finance team)
Around 9k
Describe Kurt Barnhart's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Penn Fertility Care.
He only does 1 embryo . He said multiple is to risky on the first transfer.
Philadelphia - Market

Dr. Sondheimer always took his time when speaking to myself and my husband. He genuinely seemed to care about our process and outcomes.... Overall I was very pleased with Dr. Sondheimer's care. He took the time to explain the process to my husband and I and made changes when necessary in order to get the best outcome. He took time to call me to check-in to see how I was doing when we did not get the outcome we were hoping for.
The one weakness I found was the responsiveness on the weekends as there were a few times I never received a call back from the on call staff [UPenn] even though I called various times. The strength is that the clinic was flexible for appointments.... The nurses have been great. The nurses I worked with directly were always very prompt at returning calls/messages and extremely helpful.... My first round of IVF was covered with my insurance.
Ask questions.
Describe your experience with Penn Fertility Care.
The one weakness I found was the responsiveness on the weekends as there were a few times I never received a call back from the on call staff even though I called various times. The strength is that the clinic was flexible for appointments.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Sondheimer at Penn Fertility Care.
My first round of IVF was covered with my insurance. I am currently in my second round of IVF and am expecting to have to pay for 1/2 of the cycle out of pocket.
Philadelphia - Market
Dr.Kalra is very understanding and honest with all reports and options. She takes her time to go over all options during all visits. Thank Dr.Kalra for all of her services. Look forwards to continuing my fertility treatment with this office.... Dr.Kalra is very kind and understanding. She will assist you with whatever your concern may be.... The clinic [U of Penn] is very well-mannered and asks if their anyway they can assist you while waiting to see the doctors. Sometimes they can be a bit busy and don't have time to spark a conversation.
The clinic [U of Penn] is very well-mannered and asks if their anyway they can assist you while waiting to see the doctors. Sometimes they can be a bit busy and don't have time to spark a conversation. Most of the time they too, make sure you leave with an updated appointment or notes from the doctors.... Nurse Nia was very compassionate and respectable. Always checking in on patients and making sure they are receiving all necessary medication as well as being prepared for each procedures or testing.
How was your experience with Suleena Kalra at Penn Fertility Care?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Penn Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Nia)
Describe your experience with Penn Fertility Care.
The clinic is very well-mannered and asks if their anyway they can assist you while waiting to see the doctors. Sometimes they can be a bit busy and don't have time to spark a conversation. Most of the time they too, make sure you leave with an updated appointment or notes from the doctors. Thank you for your services.
Philadelphia - Market
Dr.Barnhart is very forward with you. I think that’s what I love the most. I have a heart disease and PCOS. Other doctor werent willing to work with me. Dr.Barnhart understand my heart disease and is giving me the best treatment possible.... He knows what he is doing. Just isn’t that heart warming, but if you are looking for someone very true and forward he is your guy.... They always call you by your name. They have everything in order before speaking with you they review your whole file.
Wish they [U Penn] had a closer clinic to me. I drive an hour to get to the office. It’s in the city so I always have to pay for parking. So far this has been the best office. Looking forward to continue my treatment.... My insurance pays for most of my treatment. Considering IUI that will be a cost of around $500... [Nurse] Very carrying. Returns calls right away or same day. Which I love... They have everything in order before speaking with you they review your whole file. They know what’s going on with your medical history.
How was your experience with Kurt Barnhart at Penn Fertility Care?
They always call you by your name. They have everything in order before speaking with you they review your whole file. They know what’s going on with your medical history.
Very carrying. Returns calls right away or same day. Which I love
Describe your experience with Penn Fertility Care.
Wish they had a closer clinic to me. I drive an hour to get to the office. It’s in the city so I always have to pay for parking. So far this has been the best office. Looking forward to continue my treatment.
Treated 2017
She [Dr. Samantha Butts] is incredibly caring and compassionate. I was skeptical when I changed RE practices due to insurance reasons but I feel well cared for with dr butts as my doctor. She is extremely realistic but also optimistic and has given me hope... For IVF she used Lupron and follistim and menopur for the stim. She uses estrace and progesterone to prep for transfer.
They [University of Pennsylvania] did not inform me of specifics regarding when to proceed with steps for a FET. I had to call on my own to get the wheels in motion and the nurse apologized that it was a mistake on their end.... Sometimes I feel like a number and I have to stay very on top of things to get calls back etc.
How was your experience with Samantha Butts at Penn Fertility Care?
She is incredibly caring and compassionate. I was skeptical when I changed RE practices due to insurance reasons but I feel well cared for with dr butts as my doctor. She is extremely realistic but also optimistic and has given me hope.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Samantha Butts at Penn Fertility Care?
She would treat you as if you are her family member. She's very invested in your fertility journey.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Samantha Butts at Penn Fertility Care?
Dr butts is extremely caring and compassionate.
Describe the protocols Samantha Butts used in your cycles at Penn Fertility Care and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with Penn Fertility Care.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Samantha Butts at Penn Fertility Care.
I had full coverage for 2 egg retrieval and 2 fresh transfer. But a FET is 2500$
Describe Samantha Butts's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Penn Fertility Care.
They allowed me to do a 2 embryo transfer for a FET after a failed single embryo fresh transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Penn Fertility Care.
They did not inform me of specifics regarding when to proceed with steps for a FET. I had to call on my own to get the wheels in motion and the nurse apologized that it was a mistake on their end.

Treated 2013 - 2014
He's [Dr. Barnhart] probably a little bit more research-oriented than some doctors. But very kind, and with a nice manner.
How was your experience with Kurt Barnhart at Penn Fertility Care?
I really liked Dr. Barnhart. He had a kind way about him, and was obviously deeply involved in research as well, which I am a big fan of. I felt like he was on the cutting edge of his field. And he was very kind. I dealt on a day-to-day basis with his nurse, Brenda, who I loved equally as much. So together, they were a great team.
He's probably a little bit more research-oriented than some doctors. But very kind, and with a nice manner.
I had a very good personal relationship with my nurse, Brenda, who kept me up-to-date daily or whenever I had questions. Dr. Barnhart and the whole team at Penn Fertility care or wonderful. They did seem to know the details about my case, and we're always available to answer questions when needed. They were also very helpful with the financial aspects of our situation. Overall, it was a great team!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Penn Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Brenda E)
Her availability when I had any sort of questions whatsoever.
Treated 2012 - 2013
I think Dr. Sondheimer is one of the smartest doctors in the Phila area. I would have stayed there, if I had not moved.
How was your experience with Steven Sondheimer at Penn Fertility Care?
ask questions, and listen carefully.
Penn staff was very good. Every doctor in the practice knew exactly what you were there for. They were gentle and kind and knew you were going through something stressful, and managed things appropriately.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Penn Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Marie Drinker)
She was so kind and gentle. She made her self available. The only flaw in the process was explaining sub-contanius injections
Philadelphia - Market
Dr. Edwards was always warm and positive. He often ran late for his appointments but also took as much time as you needed with him once you were in the office with him. I appreciated his optimism and generally jolly demeanor....I liked working with Dr. Edwards up until our miscarriage. We went to an ultrasound with Dr. Edwards where he told us he pregnancy wasn't viable and without what even felt like 2 minutes to recover from that news he started to discuss options for miscarriage. It felt too soon and also his super positive happy demeanor felt very at odds with having to deliver bad news.
How was your experience with Scott Edwards at Penn Fertility Care?
Dr. Edwards is very much a cheerleader however we had to pursue asking a lot of questions and ask about options for what to change when we had multiple transfers with either no result or chemical pregnancy, he was find just keeping doing what we were doing without adjusting anything to help improve outcomes. Finally after we asked if there was anything that could be changed he brought up some other options.
We did two double embryo transfers with Dr. Edwards. The first was just standard care but we had already had one negative result from a fresh transfer, high-grade embryo and one frozen high-grade embryo. The first double transfer results in nothing. After that, and much discussion, he decided to push the transfer date back by a day for the second double transfer. That resulted in an early miscarriage at around 7 weeks.
Describe your experience with Penn Fertility Care.
Penn Medicine has multiple locations which is nice and you can go to any of them. My primary location usually ran pretty well on schedule for blood work/ultrasound appointments in the morning when prepping for egg retrieval or IUI. The space was light and bright and always clean. The downsides are that many of their staff need to be trained with regard to compassion. The financial person was extremely condescending and really didn't seem like she understood how emotional the infertility experience can be. She didn't respond in a timely manner, didn't get an IUI request submitted on time causing us to have to cancel and generally wasn't very nice. Additionally, there as never any discussion of mental health, how I was feeling or any suggestion for counseling. I was lucky enough to already being care with a trusted provider but many people are not and that should have been discussed.
We paid for both transfers out of pocket with Dr. Edwards, both were $2,500 each which we knew up front. As I mentioned in another section, I really was not impressed with the financial person whatsoever. She was cold and unprofessional, didn't follow through on some requests and talked to us like we were children.
He was comfortable transferring two embryos after we had been through two transfers with no positive outcome.

Treated 2016 - 2018
Dr. Kalra was thorough but we never felt she was warm or like she really had time for us. If I had a question that required speaking to her, I often felt like I was bothering her. She also sprung the need for ICSI on us on the morning of my retrieval (while I was gowned up and waiting for my IV placement) and it didn't really feel like she took the time to explain why she changed her mind....You might want to wok with Dr. Kalra is you really don't want anything sugar-coated. We found her bedside manner to be cold and not sympathetic for two people who are trying to keep hope alive
The positives of Penn is that if you work there, the insurance coverage is fantastic.... On the other side of the coin, the process for getting "bad news" isn't great.... Additionally, the weekend appointments sometimes ran 90 minutes behind for a simple blood draw and/or ultrasound. I also very much felt like a dollar sign. The financial person was entirely unprofessional and had no empathy at all for us.... I would never recommend them to anyone looking for care in Philly.
How was your experience with Suleena Kalra at Penn Fertility Care?
I often felt like I was bothering her when I asked questions. It's clear she was busy but also I was a patient of hers for a long time and it really never felt like we made a connection. It always felt rushed and like she was talking to a child. I work in women's health and reproductive health research, I understand a lot more because of my line of work and it still felt like she dodged some questions when I asked about more scientific or specific things.
You might want to wok with Dr. Kalra is you really don't want anything sugar-coated. We found her bedside manner to be cold and not sympathetic for two people who are trying to keep hope alive after a lot of failure and much heartache. Ultimately, this is why I asked to be reassigned to another doctor within the practice.
I did 6 medicated (clomid/letrozole) rounds and IUI before we were approved for IVF. All were negative. I went throw two egg retrieval rounds with her. We were lucky enough to have insurance coverage so we asked that she be as aggressive as possible because we didn't want to waste the coverage. She said she "was" but then after our first retrieval all embryos arrested after 5 days. The next time around she changed the medication, added in a course of HGH and we ended up with 6 embryos after 6 days of development. I did one fresh transfer which was negative and then one additional frozen transfer with her which resulted in a chemical pregnancy. After that point my husband and I both felt we didn't want to work with her anymore and asked to switch to a different, warmer doctor within the clinic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Penn Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Dawn)
I worked primarily with Dawn during the course of my treatment. Up until the end she was very helpful. Every time there was a negative result, she was right there working with me to schedule a follow up, and keep on the horse for next time. The main issue is take is that after my last transfer (which did result in positive rising HCG levels) but ultimately ended in miscarriage after the 6-week ultrasound, Dawn knew we didn't have any embryos left and also knew we weren't in a position to continue with more treatment at that time (after 6 IUIs, 2 retrievals and 6 transfers). The day we found out at the ultrasound that it wasn't viable I emailed later saying we were going to wait and see if the miscarriage would happen naturally but also asked her to check on the insurance coverage for the anesthesia for a D&C. She did not answer my email. 2 weeks later I finally followed to up to say that it had happened and i was fine. She responded that my message must have been lost by the surgical team and that was it. No sympathy, no apology for not responding and certainly no push to come back in for another follow up. That really made me feel like a major dollar sign (or lack there of) with Penn Fertility Care and one of the main reasons I would never recommend them to anyone looking for care in Philly.
Describe your experience with Penn Fertility Care.
The positives of Penn is that if you work there, the insurance coverage is fantastic. We received 6 covered IUIs, 2 retrievals and three transfers all through my insurance plan. They also have several locations and you can go to any one you want depending on whats most convenient for you. Most of the time, for the early morning blood draw/ultrasound visits leading up to IUI or retrieval, they are mostly on time. On the other side of the coin, the process for getting "bad news" isn't great. Usually the ultrasound tech just says everything is fine but if it's not then they literally don't say anything and on the way out say "the doctor will come in and speak to you." It just was very anxiety provoking. Maybe this is true of all clinics, I don't know, but I really didn't like how it was handled. Additionally, the weekend appointments sometimes ran 90 minutes behind for a simple blood draw and/or ultrasound. I also very much felt like a dollar sign. The financial person was entirely unprofessional and had no empathy at all for us. Even though we had mailed a check which had not yet been received she basically threatened to cancel our embryo transfer if we didn't pay the bill for our embryo storage. We had literally received the bill earlier that week and mailing a check was the only option for payment. It wasn't an issue with being able to pay or not wanting to pay - they just literally hadn't received it yet. I never really felt connected to my care team or like anyone really cared about us (for the most part) and I was under their care for almost 3 years.
I was very lucky in that we had 6 IUIs, 2 retrievals and 2 transfers covered by our insurance. We had to pay for ICSI out of pocket as well as for embryo preservation. Those costs were reasonable but also weren't totally disclosed to us up front. We didn't realize that certain things were covered by insurance and others were not. ICSI was decided on the day of our retrieval so we were hit with a bill later which we were not expecting. It was okay for us but I could imagine for many couples it would not be.
Describe Suleena Kalra's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Penn Fertility Care.
She was very set on eSET but this was also preferred by my insurance so we did follow through with two single transfers with her.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Penn Fertility Care.
For my second egg retrieval round my doctor added in a 5-day course of HGH. I was supposed to start it around 8 days prior to egg retrieval. That morning the nurse called with my blood work results and told me to "stay the course" with my meds. I asked, "okay, so don't change anything?" and she said "nope, don't change anything." When I went back two days later for follow up the nurse called with the results and asked how I was tolerating the HGH and I said I hadn't started it, that I wasn't told to start it. It became a big deal as to whether or not they would cancel the cycle and ultimately my doctor decided to allow the cycle to continue with a delayed start to the HGH. Additionally, when I went for our first retrieval the cover sheet they had for my treatment was actually for a different person and after the third discrepancy between what the nurse said and what my husband and I questioned as not what we had been told she went to speak to our doctor and realized it has been filled out with someone else in mind. That didn't make us feel confident at all.
Treated 2016 - 2017
She [Dr. Suleena Kalra] is always very kind and took the time to answer all my questions, especially when I had bad results. I have since learned that I didn’t always get all the details I would have needed, and I think she was less inclined to think outside the box regarding m case (i.e. taking supplements, knowing my hormone levels and what those meant), but she was a great person and I think for more cut and dry cases, she is fabulous.
Strengths [for UPenn]: all staff I met with were kind and compassionate, remembered me when I had appointments even after some time off, and held friendly conversations. Also, their pricing is much more reasonable than other area clinics. Weaknesses: As a result of being such a large clinic, there were times that the level of care didn’t feel personalized, and didn’t include out of the box thinking. I think there could often be a lot of assumptions that the patient knows more than they do. Advice: arm yourself with information and questions before you go in, and continue to advocate for yourself and for more information. They are always responsive when you ask, but if you don’t ask, they won’t tell you.
How was your experience with Suleena Kalra at Penn Fertility Care?
She is always very kind and took the time to answer all my questions, especially when I had bad results. I have since learned that I didn’t always get all the details I would have needed, and I think she was less inclined to think outside the box regarding m case (i.e. taking supplements, knowing my hormone levels and what those meant), but she was a great person and I think for more cut and dry cases, she is fabulous.
Read up about infertility before you go in and ask her all the questions you have regarding things like antral follicle count, hormone levels, etc., so you can track them and also understand where you fit. Chances are she has the info but she doesn’t always share it unless you ask.
She always remembered me and spoke to me kindly even if it had been a while since I saw her, and even when the news wasn’t good.
After a few Clomid/IUI cycles where many were canceled because my right ovary was working but my right tube had been removed, we moved onto IVF. The first protocol was the high dose protocol of Gonal F and Menopur with a Lipton primer. It was canceled due to poor response. My second cycle was the Lipton flare protocol. We went to retrieval expecting 2 eggs but the one follicle was empty and the other fell apart overnight. I have never been pregnant. Since then, I had my endometriosis removed and have read about low stimulation protocols working better in patients with DOR. I spoke to her about that and she didn’t agree and said donor eggs would be my best bet. She may be right, but I’m not ready to give up on myself yet, so I am switching clinics.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Penn Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Erin)
Always very nice/compassionate, but also seemed very rushed any time we spoke on the phone, which is usually when I had questions.
Describe your experience with Penn Fertility Care.
Strengths: all staff I met with were kind and compassionate, remembered me when I had appointments even after some time off, and held friendly conversations. Also, their pricing is much more reasonable than other area clinics. Weaknesses: As a result of being such a large clinic, there were times that the level of care didn’t feel personalized, and didn’t include out of the box thinking. I think there could often be a lot of assumptions that the patient knows more than they do. Advice: arm yourself with information and questions before you go in, and continue to advocate for yourself and for more information. They are always responsive when you ask, but if you don’t ask, they won’t tell you.
IUI was covered by insurance, so I’m not sure if that. One complete IVF cycle - $8,000 plus approx $4K in meds
N/A - I never had an embryo to transfer
Treated 2015 - 2017
At times at our consults Dr Edwards had to refresh himself on our info and history during the appt, so you definitely want to be well versed on your history and lab results when you go in. After my last miscarriage he called me personally to see how I was doing which was greatly appreciated.... I had only been TTC for less than 6 months so I don't feel that my IF was taken seriously at first. After my third m/c confirmed d/t chromosomal issues my care and the attention paid to my case was greatly improved. Dr Edwards took the time to explain all of our options to us.
This is a large practice [University of Pennsylvania Penn Fertility Care] which can be a negative and a positive. There are multiple offices so for routine visits - labs/US you can switch it up if one works better. There are multiple doctors who review and work together to make decisions on your care during an IVF cycle...However, there is an element to the practice that can make it feel less personal, and make it harder to get routine consults scheduled.
How was your experience with Scott Edwards at Penn Fertility Care?
My initial experience with his clinic was after two subsequent miscarriages, but I had only been TTC for less than 6 months so I don't feel that my IF was taken seriously at first. After my third m/c confirmed d/t chromosomal issues my care and the attention paid to my case was greatly improved. Dr Edwards took the time to explain all of our options to us. One of my medicated cycles my CD3 labs came back with an extremely elevated FSH, and Dr Edwards called me personally to discuss the results with me.
Educate yourself as much as possible and bring notes and your previous labs results to your consults.
Clomid 100mg x3 w TI resulted in 2-3 mature follicles w BFP then miscarriage for 2/3 cycles. Currently starting IVF w a Lupron overlap/follistim protocol.
Erin is very attentive and informative. Returns calls in a timely manner. The only negative I have is that I have noticed a correlation in that when lab results are not ideal (e.g. an inappropriately rising, or falling beta) the call with the results comes later in the day than a call with good news lab results does.
Describe your experience with Penn Fertility Care.
This is a large practice which can be a negative and a positive. There are multiple offices so for routine visits - labs/US you can switch it up if one works better. There are multiple doctors who review and work together to make decisions on your care during an IVF cycle. They are open 7 days a week and associated with top Philadelphia hospitals. However, there is an element to the practice that can make it feel less personal, and make it harder to get routine consults scheduled.
IVF cycle $8,500. PGS biopsy $2,000. IVF meds administered via hospital pharmacy at a discounted rate for OOP patients.
In the case of PGS testing Dr Edwards recommended a single transfer
Treated 2016
While Penn Fertility is a larger clinic, Dr. Kalra always took her time during my appointments and made sure my husband and I were comfortable with each step during the process... She was knowledgeable, direct, and I always left appointments feeling like there was a plan or next step. I truly believed she cared about me as a person and was looking out for my best interest. She was trustworthy, compassionate, and just overall a wonderful person to be around during a process that is otherwise very emotionally draining...
Penn Fertility Care is one of the leading fertility clinics in the country and the doctors in the practice are some of the brightest minds in the field. It is not a small practice, however, and so you have to be willing to be a bit flexible and potentially see other doctors than your primary, and be willing to wait sometimes for appointments. At the end of the day, I wanted top care from the smartest doctors, and I felt Penn Fertility delivered me that...
How was your experience with Suleena Kalra at Penn Fertility Care?
I could not have asked for a better experience with Dr. Kalra. She was knowledgeable, direct, and I always left appointments feeling like there was a plan or next step. I truly believed she cared about me as a person and was looking out for my best interest. She was trustworthy, compassionate, and just overall a wonderful person to be around during a process that is otherwise very emotionally draining.
Ask questions. She was always willing to take extra time with me if I had more questions or wanted to talk anything through.
Given my issue was ovulation and PCOS, Dr. Kalra put me on a high-responder protocol which worked well. While she warned me about OHSS and said up front they might have to do a "freeze all" given the amount of follicles I had, because of the protocol, we received 26 eggs and I was able to do a fresh transfer. leading up to the retrieval I was in the office every day and she did my final ultra-sounds herself (instead of the ultra sound tech) and gave me rational for why she wanted to wait one more day and then ultimately when I was ready for my trigger. I feel as though her care leading up to my transfer was why I was able to recover quickly and was able to have the transfer 5 days later (which ended up as a BFP :))
The entire nursing staff was so wonderful through the whole process. Erin always called me on time and when she said she would, and took time to answer any questions I had.
Describe your experience with Penn Fertility Care.
I have good insurance so IVF was covered at 80% for me. I was also able to get them to cover a large portion of the medications needed for stimulation so I believe it was around $1200 total.
Treated 2015 - 2018
Dr. Scott is always personable encouraging, optimistic and value my opinion and input. He treats my partner and I with a great deal of respect and compassion.... I met Dr. Scott for the first time in 2014. After I went through my first of fourth heartbreaking miscarriages. Dr. Scott gave me his time and full attention for almost 2hrs. He listened to me, held my hands and promise to help me through every process. He is very attentive, a great communicator, passionate, very pleasant and easy to talk to. He treats the whole patient. I am still waiting for my rainbow baby but I couldn’t have been under the care of a better doctor.
UPenn at Washington square is a great facility; it’s clean, the nursing staffs are friendly and welcoming, the patients are treated with respect and they are very prompt with appointment times. The front desk staff could be a little more welcoming.... It is always efficient. A quick in and out. I could go for a monitor and get back to work without being late for work... Erin is very knowledgeable, resourceful, compassionate and an over all great nurse.
How was your experience with Scott Edwards at Penn Fertility Care?
Be honest with yourself. Trust Dr. Scott’s plan and protocol.
I did lupron 10 units every morning for 12 days, then gonorilex I think. Not sure
Describe your experience with your nurse at Penn Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Erin )
Erin is very knowledgeable, resourceful, compassionate and an over all great nurse. She call you back when she says she’s going to. I think she gets burn out at time
Almost almost 25 thousand
Dr. Scott told me he prefers one embryo transfer due to the risk of multiple, but it is completely up to the patient