675 Arapeen Way
South Jordan
5126 W. Daybreak Parkway
South Jordan, UT 84095
801-213-4500

He [Dr. Matthew Peterson] has a lot of experience and knowledge he was very open with me about his opinions. I felt like he was very trustworthy and optimistic. Overall I have appreciated his communication and concern which has been improved over prior doctors. All of my procedures have gone fairly smoothly with very little pain or side effects...He will want to try multiple things even if you transfer from another clinic, but if you are blunt and tell him what you want and think he will often be willing to compromise.
[The nurses at University of Utah] wasn't always prompt in answering all my questions. When I tried to explain a situation that may delay our FET she didn't seem to know how to respond and in the end our transfer was delayed due to the situation. Some more communication between the egg retrieval and transfer would have been helpful...most of my appointments were on time and in and out...The clinic is very busy and has many patients, there are definitely times you feel like a number when you explain your situation and then start IUI or another treatment and they want to proceed like they do with every other patient. I tend to have shorter cycles and have struggled getting the timing right for IUI.
How was your experience with Matthew Peterson at University of Utah?
He has a lot of experience and knowledge he was very open with me about his opinions. I felt like he was very trustworthy and optimistic. Overall I have appreciated his communication and concern which has been improved over prior doctors. All of my procedures have gone fairly smoothly with very little pain or side effects.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matthew Peterson at University of Utah?
Be patient. He will want to try multiple things even if you transfer from another clinic, but if you are blunt and tell him what you want and think he will often be willing to compromise.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matthew Peterson at University of Utah?
Describe the protocols Matthew Peterson used in your cycles at University of Utah and their degree of success.
With IUI we tried the same medicines I had with prior ones, letrozole, and then ultrasounds to monitor growth near ovulation. UCRM also does sperm washing. The first attempt I only had one follicle and it showed early in my cycle so we did times intercourse. Attempt number two with meds I had three and we did and IUI but doctor Peterson was not the doctor on call that day. With my In Vitro we did egg retrieval and a freeze all cycle. We just barely transferred our first frozen embryo and are awaiting results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Utah. (Assigned nurse: Lee Cherie)
She wasn't always prompt in answering all my questions. When I tried to explain a situation that may delay our FET she didn't seem to know how to respond and in the end our transfer was delayed due to the situation. Some more communication between the egg retrieval and transfer would have been helpful. But overall she has done a great job answering my questions and ensuring I know when and where to be and what medicines to take each day of my cycle.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
Billing department is a major weakness. They would tell you one thing and then bill you for something else. I am paying for all my treatment out of pocket as our insurance won't cover us. Twice I felt like I needed to dispute an over-charge the first time I still ending up paying even though I felt wronged. The second one they did end up "writing off" my account but it took 4-5 weeks and speaking with several people. Other than that they are very friendly, helpful and most of my appointments were on time and in and out.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matthew Peterson at University of Utah.
The initial consultation fee was 205.00. During the IUI process they would bill for each ultrasound, 230.00 then it was another 140.00 for the actual insemination the day of the procedure. They billed me again to consult with my doctor about IVF specifically but charged us 151.00. We paid 510 for the a Sonohysterogram. Then it was 9300 for egg retrieval (prescription were paid separately bought directly from the pharmacy). Then our FET was an additional 2700.
Describe Matthew Peterson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at University of Utah.
My doctor is very against transferring more than one embryo due to the risk of multiples in pregnancy. Due to my age and first time with In Vitro he would not budge on this issue.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at University of Utah.
It was very hard to get the results of my frozen embryos on day 5. Due to my work schedule I missed the phone call and it took several phone calls, being transferred multiple times and speaking to three people before I was able to get someone to call me back and tell me how many embryos survived. As this is a high stress topic I was a little frustrated by it.
Salt Lake City

He [Dr. Peterson] is very knowledgeable as a doctor and I trust him with my infertility problems. However, I don’t think he specifically knows me and I feel a bit like a number. He is very smart and I believe though him I will be able to get pregnant and that is the most import to me. ... If you want a loving doctor that is there for you to spill your heart to, this isn’t your guy. If you want someone that is smart and you feel can get you pregnant and are confident in him then this is a great candidate.
Strengths are that they [U of Utah] are always using the best practice and doing research to make sure you are getting the best care. Weaknesses are that you don’t feel the loving side from the staff. Sometimes you feel more like a number. ... I would often send her [nurse] an email and ask her 4 questions in the email and she would only respond back to one of them. I would have to keep bugging her to get information from her. She made me want to switch clinics because she didn’t keep me informed. But I felt good with dr Peterson.
How was your experience with Matthew Peterson at University of Utah?
He is very knowledgeable as a doctor and I trust him with my infertility problems. However, I don’t think he specifically knows me and I feel a bit like a number. He is very smart and I believe though him I will be able to get pregnant and that is the most import to me.
I feel like by dr Peterson I was a human. But his staff sometimes treated me like a number. I will email the clinic with multiple questions and they only answer one. I have a hard time getting the information I need.
I have yet to get pregnant with him. I am still a patient of his so this isn’t for me specifically. I am doing IVF with ICSI. we also did a sperm biopsy. We will also be doing PGC testing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Utah. (Assigned nurse: Cherie Booth )
She want a good communicator. I would often send her an email and ask her 4 questions in the email and she would only respond back to one of them. I would have to keep bugging her to get information from her. She made me want to switch clinics because she didn’t keep me informed. But I felt good with dr Peterson.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
Strengths are that they are always using the best practice and doing research to make sure you are getting the best care. Weaknesses are that you don’t feel the loving side from the staff. Sometimes you feel more like a number.
11k IVF/ICSI 2.5k sperm biopsy 3-5k Medications 6k pgc testing with natera
2016 - 2019, Unknown Success
You need to learn early how to work the system to be able to communicate with him [Dr. Matthew Peterson], which is through his nurse. His focus is on getting you pregnant, not figuring out why you are not...He wanted to keep trying IUIs because I was able to have my son with IUI #1 and could technically get pregnant with IUI #2...I didn’t feel like he addressed my specific issues. There wasn’t much testing done to diagnose anything. He did sit down make sure to answer all questions, if you actually got him in person. He is also a very conservative Dr. and didn’t want to too many eggs for IUI.
I dealt with a lot of different nurses [at University of Utah] and it was especially confusing when I would email one person and hear back from three different people/nurses...I had a nurse tell me to specifically go in to a lab for an important blood draw and it ended up being closed causing a lot of extra stress and anxiety. Nobody ever acknowledged or apologized...Out of pocket IUIs $370...It seems so busy and hectic that you really can’t ever talk to the same person. I like the online mychart system for accessing test results and messaging. I also had one nurse give me incorrect hours of operation for one of the clinics locations and I went in for an important blood draw on a Sunday and was turned away after being told to specifically go in then. Nobody ever apologized or acknowledged the error. (Q121) which of the following did your treatment with the  include?
How was your experience with Matthew Peterson at University of Utah?
You need to learn early how to work the system to be able to communicate with him, which is through his nurse. His focus is on getting you pregnant, not figuring out why you are not.
I felt more like a number when I hardly ever got to see my RE in person even when they would say the appointment was with him. I also could never communicate with him directly and it was really frustrating.
On my first IUI I was successful with 2.5 mg letrozole ( 2 eggs)On IUI number two I miscarried after 2.5 mg letrozole ( 2 eggs). Trigger shot ( Ovidrel) was used in both of these about 34-36 hours prior to IUI. Then I had a D&C.I was unsuccessful on IUI’s 3-4 ( 2.5 mg letrozole/trigger), had an SIS done. Dr. P changed my protocol after #4 to add gonal F injections along with letrozole 2.5. I was unsuccessful with IUI #5 with the new protocol and am currently miscarrying after IUI #6 with same protocol. He wanted to keep trying IUIs because I was able to have my son with IUI #1 and could technically get pregnant with IUI #2.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at University of Utah.
I dealt with a lot of different nurses and it was especially confusing when I would email one person and hear back from three different people/nurses.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
Out of pocket IUIs $370 each Letrozole and Ovidrel trigger shots ( $150+) gonal f=75/ shot, ultrasounds $200 after insurance, SIS $ ??
Describe the specific things that went wrong at University of Utah.
I already explained but I had a nurse tell me to specifically go in to a lab for an important blood draw and it ended up being closed causing a lot of extra stress and anxiety. Nobody ever acknowledged or apologized.

IUI With Other Docs
He [Dr. Hotaling] was not very personal, and we saw his NP more often than him. I wasn't too impressed with his bedside manner, but still would refer him to others because his care was good and got us the desired outcome.... Due to my low sperm count and motility, he put my on Clomid. I've been taking 50mg every other day for a few months. His NP explained to me before-hand that it would take about 3 months for my sperm count to reflect the improvements, and that was correct.
The entire clinic [University of Utah] felt more like a machine, and less patient-based than other clinics I've been to. No one seemed to remember me or recall my care plan, despite a few calls and appointments. The clinic was however clean, inviting, and felt reputable.... We have had a few mixups with medications, and labs being ordered. But the staff was kind and seemed knowledgable, just not all the way put together.
How was your experience with James Hotaling at University of Utah?
He was not very personal, and we saw his NP more often than him. I wasn't too impressed with his bedside manner, but still would refer him to others because his care was good and got us the desired outcome.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of James Hotaling at University of Utah?
Just know that he's not going to be the most compassionate, but is known for being the best male-factor infertility doctors around.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with James Hotaling at University of Utah?
He was in and out of the appointment quickly. Felt more like the answers to our questions should have been obvious, and he just wanted to move onto treatment and not discuss things as much.
Describe the protocols James Hotaling used in your cycles at University of Utah and their degree of success.
Due to my low sperm count and motility, he put my on Clomid. I've been taking 50mg every other day for a few months. His NP explained to me before-hand that it would take about 3 months for my sperm count to reflect the improvements, and that was correct. I've continued taking it once my counts improved, as we continue treatments for my wife.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
The entire clinic felt more like a machine, and less patient-based than other clinics I've been to. No one seemed to remember me or recall my care plan, despite a few calls and appointments. The clinic was however clean, inviting, and felt reputable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under James Hotaling at University of Utah.
I don't really remember costs. They seemed to be as we anticipated for specialist visits. The medications prescribed have been reasonably priced.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at University of Utah.
The biggest mistake I've experienced was with some lab work. Dr. Hotaling ordered a set of labs to check my levels after having been on clomid. When I went into this clinic to have them drawn, not all the labs were performed, and this wasn't noticed until a week or two after it was complete. I then had to take time off work again to get another blood draw because the one test was missed.
James Hotaling
2015 - 2017, Successful
Our nurse [University of Utah] was very helpful and responsive. My questions (via their messaging software) were answered very quickly.... I loved how frequently we were able to meet with our Dr (not always common among other practices). I didn’t love some of the other doctors. I had to meet with one during an emergency Sunday ultrasound when I was miscarrying. He was very blunt and not very sensitive during this imaginably difficult time.
How was your experience with Jessie Dorais at University of Utah?
Dr. Dorais is sweet and compassionate. I always felt well cared for and “heard” as her patient. She never pushed us into a treatment, it was always the pace that we were comfortable with. She always had time for us and our questions. We never felt rushed during our visits with her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jessie Dorais at University of Utah?
Feel empowered about your healthcare and treatment options because she will absolutely address them. I one time hesitated about a particular treatment and timing that she had recommended. She immediately sensed that and asked what our preference was and followed through with that.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jessie Dorais at University of Utah?
Dr. Dorais was so caring and personable. As I was going through our first miscarriage she was extremely sensitive and helpful through the process. She made personal phone calls to congratulate us after we found out we were pregnant (both times!). She thoroughly and carefully helped us understand the basic science behind why we weren’t able to get pregnant to that point and helped us understand our treatment options based on that understanding. She never pushed us into one treatment or another and always asked what we felt comfortable moving forward with and at what times.
Describe the protocols Jessie Dorais used in your cycles at University of Utah and their degree of success.
We used the highest dosage of Femara because all clomid dosages hadnt resulted in ovulation. Because of this she recommended we start with the highest dosage of femara and we were able to get pregnant immediately. The first pregnancy resulted in a miscarriage (HCG levels weren’t growing appropriately). Our second round we were able to get pregnant again.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Utah. (Assigned nurse: Kathryn)
Our nurse was very helpful and responsive. My questions (via their messaging software) were answered very quickly.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jessie Dorais at University of Utah.
Most of our treatments were covered under our insurance
Describe Jessie Dorais's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at University of Utah.

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
I liked Dr. Moore as a person; however, I felt that the protocol was not optimized for my particular circumstances. It seemed like all patients get pretty much the same protocol with just the medication amounts changed....I sent him a note asking whether this was the right protocol but never heard back. I wished I had refused to go forward until hearing his justification for that protocol.
The biggest problem was that I could never get in touch with them [University of Utah fertility staff] when I needed to. Case in point -- I needed to have a D&C after my miscarriage. The scheduler left a voicemail with an appointment time that didn't work for my work schedule. I left two voicemails and sent two emails over the next 48 hours, and no one ever got back to me.
How was your experience with Andrew Moore at University of Utah?
I liked Dr. Moore as a person; however, I felt that the protocol was not optimized for my particular circumstances. It seemed like all patients get pretty much the same protocol with just the medication amounts changed. I had done some reading online about diminished ovarian reserve, and there were a lot of opinions that birth control should be used sparingly for DOR patients, whereas Dr. Moore wanted me on them for 5 weeks. I sent him a note asking whether this was the right protocol but never heard back. I wished I had refused to go forward until hearing his justification for that protocol.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andrew Moore at University of Utah?
I would not recommend the U of U clinic if you have a more complex fertility problem, as I don't think they have the most cutting edge protocols.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andrew Moore at University of Utah?
Dr. Moore spent significant time with my husband and me during our appointments. He made sure to answer all of our questions and never rushed us.
Describe the protocols Andrew Moore used in your cycles at University of Utah and their degree of success.
I was on birth control for five weeks, then Gonal-F, Menopur, and Saizen. I started Cetrotide on day 6 and triggered at day 8. They retrieved 6 eggs, did not do ICSI, and 2 fertilized. Both made it to day 5, although 1 was only a morula. We transferred the blastocyst and I had a positive pregnancy test, but a miscarriage at 8 weeks. The morula did not survive to day 6 for freezing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Utah. (Assigned nurse: Heidi Carver)
In general, most of the nurses I saw were compassionate and kind. The U of U patient portal is also very good for communicating with the nurses. My biggest frustration was the inability to ever speak to a nurse on the phone. No one ever answers the IVF nurse line. It says they will return messages within 24 hours, but I found that not to be true. I had better luck with emailing and getting an emailed response back, but there were times when I just wanted to speak to someone and found it so frustrating not to be able to. For example, I did my HCG tests out of state, while traveling. The lab order did not have all the information the lab needed to do the test. I just needed to get a nurse on the phone to provide the missing information -- instead, I sat at the lab for an hour waiting for one of the nurses to email me back.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
I do not think that they are using the most up to date protocols. They also rotate the doctors through multiple locations, so I often had to drive much further than I would have liked to see my doctor on certain days.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Moore at University of Utah.
$8,900 for the IVF cycle (no ICSI). The medications came to about $5,000.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at University of Utah.
The biggest problem was that I could never get in touch with them when I needed to. Case in point -- I needed to have a D&C after my miscarriage. The scheduler left a voicemail with an appointment time that didn't work for my work schedule. I left two voicemails and sent two emails over the next 48 hours, and no one ever got back to me. I ended up having to clear my work calendar because I couldn't get in touch with anyone to reschedule the appointment, and wasn't sure when the next available one would be. All this during a time when I was extremely upset and sad -- it was the last thing I needed to be dealing with.
Andrew Moore

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Johnstone] was very kind and appeared concerned. However she failed to check my tubes and continued treatments that ideally would never work. We wasted money to be told ultimately IVF was our only choice. After spending 5k we could have put toward IVF on treatments that were a waste. ... First we tried several rounds of femara with timed intercourse, followed by an ultrasound to check my ovaries (guessing, wasn't explained) and then a medicated IUI. We had several semen analysis and then told we needed an ivf consult because my husbands numbers.
Facility [U of Utah] was quick with appointments and the environment was nice. Scheduling was a nightmare. Only a few times did they take into consideration we drove 7 hours one way. Months to get an appointment scheduled. The flow of the office was odd, you had to walk in to the waiting room but had to walkout of clinic and down hall for semen sample area as well as ultra sound. iui time we were in 3 different rooms total which was stressful and felt people kept looking at us every time we went to a new area of the building
How was your experience with Erica Johnstone at University of Utah?
She was very kind and appeared concerned. However she failed to check my tubes and continued treatments that ideally would never work. We wasted money to be told ultimately IVF was our only choice. After spending 5k we could have put toward IVF on treatments that were a waste.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Erica Johnstone at University of Utah?
Ask for all diagnostic testing and verify fallopian tubes are open. do semen analysis prior with another facility prior so you have a baseline to compare. Honestly felt they were only after money and not my best interest.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Erica Johnstone at University of Utah?
Instead of adequate testing for my infertility I was told I likely was suffering PCOS and needed to result to IVF after one failed IUI because my husbands numbers were less then desired. Oddly enough his counts prior to Utah were within normal limits but results there were considered zero. Every time I called I got someone different and had NP answering questions who I had never even met.
Describe the protocols Erica Johnstone used in your cycles at University of Utah and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
Facility was quick with appointments and the environment was nice. Scheduling was a nightmare. Only a few times did they take into consideration we drove 7 hours one way. Months to get an appointment scheduled. The flow of the office was odd, you had to walk in to the waiting room but had to walkout of clinic and down hall for semen sample area as well as ultra sound. iui time we were in 3 different rooms total which was stressful and felt people kept looking at us every time we went to a new area of the building. The parking wasn't the best and the clinic was limited seating very tight waiting area. I did like the online charting but getting records was a nightmare, and you never seem to talk to the same person anytime you call. Its someone new and not one person knows the same things. We had a lot of miscommunications, blood work we had to drive another 10 minuets to the hospital to the lab and parking there was even worse a 15 min walk from the parking garage to the lab and about a 30 to 45 minuets wait. Results were quick which was great but the time it took to find parking and get in and out I would have almost wanted to go to a different lab. Appointments were okay ideas are discussed but again I feel that they didn't have my care or goals in mind. Some of the easiest testing that was done very first at my new clinic was never discussed at U of U. I feel that had we done this test in the beginning I would likely already have my child via IVF that we could have done from the start instead of wasting years of failed medications and money. Knowing that not even an iui would have worked via this test. I also don't like that two labs in our home town had semen analysis that were within normal but U of U said my husbands numbers were zero. Not sure how you go from having at least 30% morphology to 0% in 3 months time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Erica Johnstone at University of Utah.
Was "discounted" according to facility but we paid cash each time we went in as our health insurance didn't cover costs. Our new clinic is considerably cheaper.
Erica Johnstone

2014, Unsuccessful
In the beginning, we LOVED Dr Moore! He was treating my aggressive endometriosis to prolong another surgery and to prep for eventual conception. He gave me lots of options, but everything went downhill when he started me on Lupron. Lupron causes horrific side effects when first started and has to be injected in a timely manner to be effective. Out of the 6 injections I had, only 1 OF THEM was on time, which led me to have all these horrific, yet TOTALLY AVOIDABLE side effects...I was only supposed to be on Lupron for a few months, but because I couldnt ever get my shots on time, we had to keep starting over. And almost a year and a half later with injections, I still lost my tubes.
I tried talking to the nurse [at University of Utah], Dr Moore himself, the office manager, everyone in the office about how awful their service was and how I was not getting adequate treatment. In the moment they always apologized and assured me that things would get better, that theyd get back to me more promptly, that things would change and they NEVER would! I tried to be patient and give them the benefit of a doubt to fix things, but I felt like it got to the point that they just wrote me off and didnt want to help me anymore.
How was your experience with Andrew Moore at University of Utah?
In the beginning, we LOVED Dr Moore! He was treating my aggressive endometriosis to prolong another surgery and to prep for eventual conception. He gave me lots of options, but everything went downhill when he started me on Lupron. Lupron causes horrific side effects when first started and has to be injected in a timely manner to be effective. Out of the 6 injections I had, only 1 OF THEM was on time, which led me to have all these horrific, yet TOTALLY AVOIDABLE side effects. His nurse either couldnt get the injection ordered on time, preauthed in time, really simple and EASY tasks, and would take up to 1 WEEK or longer to get back to me about ANYTHING! I tried talking to the nurse, Dr Moore himself, the office manager, everyone in the office about how awful their service was and how I was not getting adequate treatment. In the moment they always apologized and assured me that things would get better, that theyd get back to me more promptly, that things would change and they NEVER would! I tried to be patient and give them the benefit of a doubt to fix things, but I felt like it got to the point that they just wrote me off and didnt want to help me anymore. Ive worked in healthcare for over 10 years so I understand how it works, and I'm an easy going, patient and understanding person at drs offices BECAUSE of that. But this was just assanine at how terrible the service was. I tried everything! I was only supposed to be on Lupron for a few months, but because I couldnt ever get my shots on time, we had to keep starting over. And almost a year and a half later with injections, I still lost my tubes. Whether that was because the Lupron couldnt so its job due to lack of getting injected on time, or what I dont know. But I had perfect tubes when I first saw Dr Moore, and I lost them by the time I was done seeing him, and it will haunt me forever being robbed of my chance to conceive naturally and will always wonder if it was because of my experience there. So whether this was because the nurse didnt have adequate training, support to do her job, or was just that bad at her job, I dont know. But I am so mad at myself for staying under his care for as long as I did, and am hurt that even though I was so patient with them and their constant errors, they eventually stopped caring about treating me and I suffered the ultimate price because of it.
If his nurse is still Annie, DONT go there and waste your time!!
It wasnt so much that I felt like a number, it was more that I coulsnt ever get the care I needed in a timely manner.
We were trying to treat my endometriosis to prep for possible fertility treatments. It started with Progesteronen but that wasnt aggressive enough so we started Lupron to avoid another surgery. Thats as far as I got with him and then went to another Clinic because of such terrible service.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at University of Utah.
Annie could never do anything in a timely manner. It took her over a week to return any of my phone calls or messages, and when she finally did, it was 1 sentence answers, but never the answers to my questions. (Its all documented on their online portal!) She very rarely knew the answers to any questions I had but she would never find out from someone else for me. She couldn't get my shots ordered or preauthed on time, I had to direct her on what to do most of the time, she never knew what she was doing!! Whenever I voiced my concerns with her ABOUT her, she always acted like she felt so bad for me that I was being treated so bad, like it wasnt HER fault I was having all these problems! I tried to be so patient and understanding with her, but it was like beating a dead horse. I think if it wasnt for her, I would have stayed at their clinic, because I really did like Dr Moore until he started blowing me off. I had talked to other nurses in their slc office who were always so prompt and helpful but they always had to redirect me back to Annie because he was Dr Moores nurse. SO FRUSTRATING!!!!
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
If you're going to go to the U, DONT go to the Orem office! Ive listed all my concerns answering other questions in this survey.
My insurance paid for my injections so I only had co-pays and a deductible to meet.
Describe Andrew Moore's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at University of Utah.
We didnt get that far.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at University of Utah.
I could never get my prescribed injections on time, due to not getting prescribed, getting prescribed wrong, or not getting preauthed on time, resulting in having to start my treatment over and over again. This also resulted in AGONIZING side effects that could have been avoided had I gotten my shots on time. Working in healthcare for over 10 years, I understood what she needed to do to get the job done and had to constantly tell her how to do it, but still never got it on time. (5 out of 6 times my shots were late!!!) After a year and a half trying to be patient with them, and losing my fallopian tubes because of it, I requested to have my records sent to another dr. After requesting SEVERAL times and them still not ever getting sent, I had to make a special trip to go in to their office to get my records. I could go on and on and on....
Andrew Moore
2012 - 2013, Unsuccessful
1 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
He is very sterile and interested in diagnosing (which is great) but when it came to plan of treatment I felt like he took his time and went very slow. He was a good teacher to the students in the room. He did not provide emotional support or much empathy towards my situation. ... He wanted to re diagnose me and hat made me feel good moving forward, that he was able to review all of my previous testing and still wanted to learn for himself what it was - that was keeping me from getting pregnant.
It’s impressive that they are part of the U of U team.... but I remember being underwhelmed by them. I didn’t feel important at all. I felt like what I was going through wasn’t very special or different & I showed up many times feeling like no one knew me or cared a whole lot or looked me in the eyes. I do remember thinking they were a very clean clinic and organized. It was hard having different students come in everytime
How was your experience with William Keye at University of Utah?
My experience with dr keye was better than the first RE I saw. I appreciated that when he looked at me- he wasn’t convinced of my infertility diagnosis. He wanted to re diagnose me and hat made me feel good moving forward, that he was able to review all of my previous testing and still wanted to learn for himself what it was - that was keeping me from getting pregnant. He adjusted my medication so I wouldn’t be over stimulated like I was at my last center. He explained things very well- by the book and by his experience. He ordered and HSG and began me on trigger shots. After 7 months with him(I had been at it for 3 years) I needed a break and felt like no one cared that I just never came back. There was no follow up or care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Keye at University of Utah?
Know that this guy knows his stuff! He is very knowledgeable and I dare say has been found fertility the longest in Utah. He is very sterile and interested in diagnosing (which is great) but when it came to plan of treatment I felt like he took his time and went very slow. He was a good teacher to the students in the room. He did not provide emotional support or much empathy towards my situation.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Keye at University of Utah?
Willian keye has been doing this for a long time. He was also teaching and treated me like a patient- just another patient. Wasn’t very warm or friendly but was also very intelligent. He re-diagnoses me with my infertility ailments which I really appreciated- but delivered the jnfoetmaitpn very matter of fact.
Describe the protocols William Keye used in your cycles at University of Utah and their degree of success.
He began with me by reviewing my tests from my former clinic. He then cycled me on femara for 2 month cycles and then follicle checked me each time. No success. He ordered and HSG - which he did not explain to me very well or intensely what it was. I showed up unaware of the fact that a needle would go through my cervix. A student proformed the treatment and that was very hard as she went in the wrong muscle wall. He was very calm in directing her but I felt like an object. After HSG she told me many women have success from getting pregnant after these because it “clears the tubes” from any debris - so we cycled with femara as well as an ovidrel shot (a trigger shot) for 2 more cycles. Still no success. I’m not aware of specific timeline but I gave up soon after and needed a mental and financial break.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at University of Utah.
To be honest I don’t remember them much at all. I did have a lot of contact time with dr keye himself. It wasn’t ever a very personal visit from nurses
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Keye at University of Utah.
I remember each month with dr keye (visit and ultrasound being right around 400$-650$ just a visit was about 350$-400$ and with an ultrasound about 600-650$ I paid everything out of pocket.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at University of Utah.
I wouldn’t say wrong. I was just overwhelmed by the continued failed cycles and didn’t feel any emotional support from any of the staff. It was easy to stop and not reschedule. I felt like I was forgotten and “let go” fairly easily.
William Keye
2014 - 2015, Successful
She [Dr. Dorais] was very up to date on new procedures. She was very clear in her explanation of the whole process. She moved at our speed and what we wanted. She listened and advised based on what we were comfortable with. She encouraged us, struggled with us and just showed so much compassion.... she was aggressive, but careful. I never felt unnecessarily poked or prodded.... She was very attentive to my concerns. She answered every question in a manner that we could understand.
The clinic [U of Utah] is very matter of fact. It feels like a doctor's office, and not in a good way. I would have preferred a more serene environment. The fees seemed high and a lot of billing issues came up. I would have preferred only seeing 1 doctor, but you get rotated through all of them.... They [nurses] rotated frequently between all the doctors so it was always someone different. I would have preferred the same nurse.
How was your experience with Jessie Dorais at University of Utah?
She was very up to date on new procedures. She was very clear in her explanation of the whole process. She moved at our speed and what we wanted. She listened and advised based on what we were comfortable with. She encouraged us, struggled with us and just showed so much compassion.
To tell her everything you need, fear, expect, and are hoping. She listens so carefully.
She was very attentive to my concerns. She answered every question in a manner that we could understand. She never rushed us.
It was 3 years ago and the specifics are fuzzy. But she was aggressive, but careful. I never felt unnecessarily poked or prodded.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at University of Utah.
They rotated frequently between all the doctors so it was always someone different. I would have preferred the same nurse.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
The clinic is very matter of fact. It feels like a doctor's office, and not in a good way. I would have preferred a more serene environment. The fees seemed high and a lot of billing issues came up. I would have preferred only seeing 1 doctor, but you get rotated through all of them.
I don't. For just the IVF, not all the treatments prior, was around 13k.
I was concerned about twins. They listened and only transferred 1 embryo.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at University of Utah.
I didn't like one of the doctors who is no longer there. He was was aggressive in pushing us to do IVF before exhausting all other options. He was very rude. He no longer works there.

2009 - 2012, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Mark Gibson] was a funny guy, but didn't explain things very well. I had to ask a lot of questions about medical terminology.... Every time I went in, I saw a different doctor. I would ask questions and a doctor would flip through my chard and then I would be told they'd have to call me later because they didn't know for sure. It was really frustrating.... I thought this clinic was on the cutting edge of technology because they are at a research university, but I later realized that was not the case at all
The nursing staff [at Univ of Utah-SLC] was mostly great! One nurse was always very short and seemed grumpy, but I didn't have to work with her very often. The nurses were great about getting back to me quickly with medication changes and/or updates.... I thought this clinic was on the cutting edge of technology because they are at a research university, but I later realized that was not the case at all. I also didn't like that I never knew what doctor I'd be seeing or who would be doing my procedures, etc. The only good thing about this clinic is that the nurses were quick to respond when I left messages, etc.
How was your experience with Mark Gibson at University of Utah?
He was a funny guy, but didn't explain things very well. I had to ask a lot of questions about medical terminology. At the end of our treatment with him, he told us to use donor eggs. We got pregnant on the first cycle at a new clinic, with our own eggs.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Gibson at University of Utah?
I would advise them to get a different opinion before following the treatment course he suggests.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Gibson at University of Utah?
Describe the protocols Mark Gibson used in your cycles at University of Utah and their degree of success.
We did IVF with him. I don't remember my medication dosage, but he told me they couldn't increase it any more. I went to a different clinic and got pregnant on the first cycle with them.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at University of Utah.
The nursing staff was mostly great! One nurse was always very short and seemed grumpy, but I didn't have to work with her very often. The nurses were great about getting back to me quickly with medication changes and/or updates.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Gibson at University of Utah.
IVF was around $8500. I don't remember how much my meds were for that cycle.
Mark Gibson

2009 - 2012, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Kirtly Parker Jones] rarely knew what was going on with my cycle when I saw her. She’d remark that she needed to ask one of the other doctors who saw me last time. It was frustrating to feel like no one knew what was going on with my cycle.... IVF was the treatment. We used Follistim and Menopur with the first cycle and a higher dose of Follistim the second cycle.
This clinic [Univ of Utah-SLC] wasn’t willing to be aggressive or up my doseage enough to get more eggs. We did another round of IVF but still didn’t get very many eggs. They said studies showed that increasing the doseage beyond the point I was at didn’t make a difference. I went to a new clinic shortly after that doubled my dose and we got pregnant on that cycle.... The nursing staff was always great at this clinic! One nurse was very short and seemed grumpy all the time but I didn’t have to work with her very often.
How was your experience with Kirtly Parker Jones at University of Utah?
She rarely knew what was going on with my cycle when I saw her. She’d remark that she needed to ask one of the other doctors who saw me last time. It was frustrating to feel like no one knew what was going on with my cycle.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kirtly Parker Jones at University of Utah?
Get an opinion from someone else. )
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kirtly Parker Jones at University of Utah?
While at this office, I would see a different doctor each time. When i would ask questions, no one would be able to answer them because they’d have to check with the previous doctor that saw me. I felt like no one knew what was going on.
Describe the protocols Kirtly Parker Jones used in your cycles at University of Utah and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
This clinic wasn’t willing to be aggressive or up my doseage enough to get more eggs. We did another round of IVF but still didn’t get very many eggs. They said studies showed that increasing the doseage beyond the point I was at didn’t make a difference. I went to a new clinic shortly after that doubled my dose and we got pregnant on that cycle.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kirtly Parker Jones at University of Utah.
IVF was around $8500. I don’t remember exactly how much my meds were that cycle.
Kirtly Parker Jones
2014 - 2016, Successful
Dr Dorais was wonderful! I felt like she communicated very well and was informative about all the potential risks. I always felt at ease when I met with Dr Dorais. She adjusted the plan of action whenever things needed to change. During difficult conversations, she was very sensitive to my feelings and was always very understanding! I would recommend her to anyone!
This clinic [Univ of Utah] was organized and on top of my care. I feel that they could make it a more personal experience when going to the clinic. It sometimes felt not as personal as other clinics. I also feel like the environment was very sterile and not friendly.... IUI cost around 300 a time. Ivf was a base cost of 9000 with around 3000 in medications and another 3000 for frozen transfer.
Trust her!
Dr Dorais was always there for questions I had. I never felt rushed during visits and she reached out to me multiple times to make sure everything was going well and that we were on the same page.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
This clinic was organized and on top of my care. I feel that they could make it a more personal experience when going to the clinic. It sometimes felt not as personal as other clinics. I also feel like the environment was very sterile and not friendly.