Genetic counseling is not offered: Not Offered
Hoboken, NJ 07030
Wayne
57 Willowbrook Boulevard
Wayne, NJ 07470
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School) to a friend?

6.4

View fewer doctors
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
If you can, visit Hoboken or Wayne [of University Reproductive Associates] for routine monitoring appointments and you should be seen right away...A quarter of the way into our IVF, Dr. McGovern and Eric, the head embryologist, uncovered a serious fertility issue with me that all other doctors had missed - and it was the reason we had been unsuccessful all of this time...he detailed the fresh plan of action - a new custom round of IVF (as they all are at URA.) I left that day with hope and confidence in my reproductive team.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School).
URA is a busy clinic, this was a plus for me, it’s the best in the area and has the best doctors so it’s going to be popular. If you can, visit Hoboken or Wayne for routine monitoring appointments and you should be seen right away.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peter McGovern at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)?
A quarter of the way into our IVF, Dr. McGovern and Eric, the head embryologist, uncovered a serious fertility issue with me that all other doctors had missed - and it was the reason we had been unsuccessful all of this time. He called me and we came in for an office visit where he compassionately laid out the issue (an issue that reduced my chances of conceiving significantly) and most importantly to me, he detailed the fresh plan of action - a new custom round of IVF (as they all are at URA.) I left that day with hope and confidence in my reproductive team.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School). (Assigned nurse: Andrea Costanza)
Andrea is a professional, incredibly good at her job, organized and very compassionate. She helped organize me during the complicated IVF process and was instrumental in my treatments and wonderful end result!
How was your experience with Peter McGovern at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)?
I am really pleased that we chose University Reproductive Associates. After seeing specialists and trying for years, we were told IVF was our only option. We had consultations with several clinics in NJ, and we chose URA as we were really impressed with the facility and the knowledge and time Dr. McGovern gave us. He laid out our options and explained the science behind it all. He was the only doctor that we saw that didn't immediately try and get us to sign up for IVF. He tried to find the easiest option to get me pregnant, and after two simple tests, we all decided that IVF would be our best option. It took us a few tries with tweaking of the drug and supplement regiment and a little out of the box thinking (Dr. McGovern had a theory, so we tried a procedure that is rarely done.) I'm delighted to share that he was right, and as I sit here I'm almost 11 weeks pregnant with a very strong pregnancy.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peter McGovern at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)?
Follow his advice and trust his expertise and experience.
Describe the protocols Peter McGovern used in your cycles at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School) and their degree of success.
I would prefer to keep the specifics of my treatment off the internet, just know that Dr. Mcgovern used out of the box thinking specifically related to me and my issues and it worked! I'm 11 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School).
They have several locations and I could walk to their Hoboken location for monitoring where I saw Dr. Wolf almost daily during my cycle. She answered my daily reel of questions and supported me fully. It is a very efficiently run office in the heart of Hoboken and the wait time was just a few minutes
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter McGovern at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School).
I was a self-pay patient and after having consultants with several other clinic, URA was (by far) the best value
Peter McGovern

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Long monitoring waits but have found everyone [U Reproductive Associates] was very accommodating and helpful to us. They even worked with us in honoring old prices for genetic testing to help us. You see and get to know all the doctors during monitoring and have liked them all. Some were better communicators than others but overall was happy with my experience.... Andrea was my life saver. She was always there for my many questions and eased my anxieties.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Long monitoring waits but have found everyone was very accommodating and helpful to us. They even worked with us in honoring old prices for genetic testing to help us. You see and get to know all the doctors during monitoring and have liked them all. Some were better communicators than others but overall was happy with my experience.
Even though there were many patients, I always felt like top priority-from the nurses to the phlebotomists to the doctors.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School). (Assigned nurse: Andrea )
Andrea was my life saver. She was always there for my many questions and eased my anxieties. I couldn’t have gone through this journey without her.
Although we were ultimately unsuccessful in our quest to have a baby, I have always felt that Dr.McGovern was always there to help us to conceive. I felt he did everything to help us. He was thorough and always supported his reasoning with research.
Speak up and ask questions.
Prior to even starting fertility treatments, I had a polyp removal which was found during the HSG. I have done three IUi with letrozole protocols which were unsuccessful. At that point, we moved on to IVF. We started the stim medications and planned on a fresh transfer. The first retrieval we got 18 eggs (half ICSI, half IVF) and ultimately ended up with 6 embroyos. The fresh transfer resulted in a pregnancy however it was an empty sac and ended up having a D&C. Dr. McGovern was very supportive and recommended genetic testing which we decided against due to financial reasons so we moved forward with our first frozen transfer using estrogen protocol. This transfer resulted in a negative pregnancy test. At this pint, we tested our remaining four embroyos and had only one embroyo that was genetically viable. We transferred that embroyo which again failed. At this point, we were devastated and confused as to why a genetically viable embroyo failed. Dr. McGovern recommended an ERA to see when I was receptive which we did and came back as receptive. We completed our second retrieval which resulted in 28 eggs and 6 embroyos that were sent out for genetic testing. We ended up with 3 genetically viable embroyos. We transferred one using the estrogen protocol and again received negative results. At this point, we were crushed and confused. Dr.McGovern offered two suggestions: do another retrieval and transfer my genetically tested embroyos on day 5 since that was my only positive pregnancy or use letrozole protocol/trigger shot. At this time, we also met with another practice and decided to go with the second option as that was what was recommended by them as well. We also transferred our two remaining embroyos as one was not great quality. Unfortunately, we were unsuccessful for the fifth time. At this point, we decided it was best to make a change, however, not due to anything Dr. McGovern did or the practice. I felt they always had my best interest at heart and tried everything in their power to help me. :
It was a bit stressful if you were not one of the first ones there. The monitoring times were short (1 hour) and mondays always seemed to be the worst. It was first come, first serve and there was usually a line waiting at the door to get in.
About $3000 for genetic testing. About $1000 for ERA testing and $700 a year for embroyo storage
Describe Peter McGovern's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School).
Advocated for single embroyo transfers.
Peter McGovern
Hasbrouck Heights

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Peter McGovern at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School).

10,000 for IVF cycle which included egg retrieval and egg transfer [at University Reproductive Associates]...The receptionists were good and reminded me of my appointments. The wait time was not too much, so that was good too. However, no one provided very clear picture of the egg monitoring. I had to ask about how many eggs, how much estradiol etc.. and hardly got proper details. That part i felt can be improved. It just adds to the stress if you don't understand how well or bad your cycle is going.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Cho at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)?
He did explain the process and results, but I had to ask a lot of questions to get a clear idea. I felt it would have helped to get little more time and attention from him. Sometimes as patients we don't even know what questions to ask. He did answer any question i asked though.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School). (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
Some nurses were good but some were not. They poked me so many times for blood and gave me blue/black bruises so many times. At the end my left hand vein was lost. The care coordinators sometimes lost or forgot to mention critical details like I had only one ovary. My other ovary was removed during my endometrosis surgery. During monitoring by other doctors, they poked me so many times for so long before realizing something was wrong and I had to tell them that i have only one ovary, so checking for the 2nd ovary will not give results.
What specific things went wrong at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)?
How was your experience with Michael Cho at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)?
Strength: He seemed very confident of what he was doing. He was very re-assuring which made me feel good. Weakness: As a patient I did not have clear idea of what IVF process or exactly protocols were being followed. My idea was a little vague and i just solely trusted him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Cho at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)?
Ask a lot of questions proactively.
Describe the protocols Michael Cho used in your cycles at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School) and their degree of success.
I had 2 IVF cycles with him. He adjusted the first cycle mid-way to give me the injections Gonal-f and Menopaur in my arms, instead of my belly. He felt i had scar tissues in my belly due to an endometrosis surgery I had, which prevented absorption of the medicines. After switching to arm/shoulder area, it actually improved my egg growth rate. However the eggs reached 3-day cycle, but were not viable on day 5. No transfers happened. For my 2nd cycle he used Follistim and menopeur and increased dosage compared to last cycle. The eggs grew faster this time, and this time he was able to transfer 2 embryos. However, I got a negative test.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Cho at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School).
10,000 for IVF cycle which included egg retrieval and egg transfer; 800 additional for anasthesia during egg retrieval. 10,000 for medicines. Additional costs were incurred for doctor's visit and various diagnostic tests.
Describe Michael Cho's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School).
He did multiple transfer to increase my chances of success which i liked. However, the preg test was negative.
Michael Cho
Hasbrouck Heights

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Michael Cho at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School).

PCOS, Other
Again, like Dr. Wolf, they [the nurses] were really kind, understanding, and optimistic. When I would call with questions and a nurse called back, I always felt like I got the best help and that my questions were answered.
PCOS, Other
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susan Wolf at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)?
Dr. Wolf was AMAZING. She was patient, understanding, and supportive - she helped me with the physical stuff but what I appreciated even more was her emotional support. She was never too busy to answer a question and made me feel like every question was valid and important!
Johanna! Again, like Dr. Wolf, they were really kind, understanding, and optimistic. When I would call with questions and a nurse called back, I always felt like I got the best help and that my questions were answered.
How was your experience with Susan Wolf at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)?
It was a wonderful experience. She took the time to answer all of my questions and never made me feel like I was stupid/crazy/overly concerned/overly anxious. She was incredibly optimisitic and I felt like she was always thinking about the next step and the other things we could do if it did not work out.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susan Wolf at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)?
Be honest! She will answer all of your questions and will be honest with you, but only if you can express what you are really thinking and feeling!
Describe the protocols Susan Wolf used in your cycles at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School) and their degree of success.
I did provera to get my period, then clomid from days 5-9, followed by daily monitoring, an ovidrel shot, and then the IUI. I also had an HSG done earlier in the cycle. All of this worked and I got pregnant on the first cycle. I had done 2 clomid only cycles with my ob/gyn, which did not lead to my ovulating.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susan Wolf at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School).
My procedures were covered by my insurance so I paid a 35 dollar co-pay per visit for monitoring. I did not pay anything for the HSG or the IUI. I did have to pay for medications and the only one that was substantial was the ovidrel shot, which I think was around 250 dollars.
Susan Wolf
Hoboken

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Susan Wolf at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School).

Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Some of the nurses were great but there was a lack of coordination overall. No one seemed to be fully up to date on our case and we had to explain what we were doing many times to the constantly rotating team...I do not recommend this clinic [University Reproductive Associates]. I started to feel like a number and there were several issues of miscommunication with the office staff, nurses, etc. It felt like they were too busy to do things according to the protocols they said they had in place.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sara Morelli at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)?
Dr. Morelli was excellent. Caring bed side manner, very thorough communication about our history, test results, each cycle, etc. However, we left because we did not see her very much. She is there one day a week. While I highly recommend her, I do not recommend this clinic. I started to feel like a number and there were several issues of miscommunication with the office staff, nurses, etc. It felt like they were too busy to do things according to the protocols they said they had in place.
How was your experience with Sara Morelli at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)?
She was excellent. We felt listened to. She was very thorough in her approach. I wish we could have seen her more for appointments and procedures. She made us feel comfortable.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sara Morelli at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)?
Only go to her if she moves to a different practice where you can be more directly under her care most of the time.
Describe the protocols Sara Morelli used in your cycles at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School) and their degree of success.
3 unmedicated IUIs, 1 medicated IUI with clomid, no luck We had concerns about losing a significant amount of frozen sperm when it was processed in their lab. Most of it died making the chance of success lower than we anticipated. The lab was unable to give us a clear explanation about why so much of the sperm did not survive processing.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sara Morelli at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School).
It was reasonable with our insurance coverage co-pays.
Sara Morelli
Hasbrouck Heights

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sara Morelli at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School).