214 Terrace Avenue
Hoboken, NJ 07030
Wayne
57 Willowbrook Boulevard
Wayne, NJ 07470
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School) to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 1Neutral: 1Don't recommend: 26.5
I have always felt well taken care of and comfortable. I have been there [Univ Reproductive Associates] almost two years so at this point I am very familiar with everyone. The billing department, although they are pretty strict about payments being due, we’re very compassionate of our situation and helpful.... My nurse has been my rock: supportive, compassionate, helpful, answered all of my questions and concerns, dealt with every phone call dealing with my side effects.
Describe your experience with University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School).
I have always felt well taken care of and comfortable. I have been there almost two years so at this point I am very familiar with everyone. The billing department, although they are pretty strict about payments being due, we’re very compassionate of our situation and helpful.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peter McGovern at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)?
All of our questions and concerns have been answered, especially by my nurse. Also, during our failures, my doctor has personally called me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School). (Assigned nurse: Andrea)
What specific things went wrong at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)?
How was your experience with Peter McGovern at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)?
Although we have yet to have a success, i feel that all my questions and concerns were answered, as well as all the risks explained well. I also feel that we weren’t pressured into doing anything. I feel in my case, my doctor has been thorough and has ease my concerns with procedures.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peter McGovern at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)?
Be patient
Describe the protocols Peter McGovern used in your cycles at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School) and their degree of success.
I have done 3 iui’s and 3 transfers from 1 ivf retrieval. My doctor recommended pga testing from the beginning but we decided against it. Had I done it, I would have found out only 1/6 embroyo were good and would have saved myself the heartache of miscarriage and failed transfer. When I hyperstimulated, my doctor was very proactive with helping me get past it. I am about to go through my second ivf retrieval and I am now on Metformin to help with my hyperstimulation and also will be going through an era to determine if my transfer needs to be done earlier or later. Also, my doctor did half icsi and half ivf due to my husband being slightly below normal motility.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School).
Well oiled machine but wait could be long depending on the day
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter McGovern at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School).
No costs except for copays, freezing of embroyo, genetic testing, and embroyo storage fees. Embroyo storage cost $720/year, genetic testing was about $3-4,000 (included both doctor office fee and genetic company fee), and medicine
Describe Peter McGovern's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School).
My doctor presented the risks associated with multiple embroyo transfers very clearly and was a strong supporter of a set vs multiple. However he did make it clear, that it was our decision.
Peter McGovern
Hasbrouck Heights
10,000 for IVF cycle which included egg retrieval and egg transfer [at University Reproductive Associates]...The receptionists were good and reminded me of my appointments. The wait time was not too much, so that was good too. However, no one provided very clear picture of the egg monitoring. I had to ask about how many eggs, how much estradiol etc.. and hardly got proper details. That part i felt can be improved. It just adds to the stress if you don't understand how well or bad your cycle is going.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Cho at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)?
He did explain the process and results, but I had to ask a lot of questions to get a clear idea. I felt it would have helped to get little more time and attention from him. Sometimes as patients we don't even know what questions to ask. He did answer any question i asked though.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School). (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
Some nurses were good but some were not. They poked me so many times for blood and gave me blue/black bruises so many times. At the end my left hand vein was lost. The care coordinators sometimes lost or forgot to mention critical details like I had only one ovary. My other ovary was removed during my endometrosis surgery. During monitoring by other doctors, they poked me so many times for so long before realizing something was wrong and I had to tell them that i have only one ovary, so checking for the 2nd ovary will not give results.
How was your experience with Michael Cho at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)?
Strength: He seemed very confident of what he was doing. He was very re-assuring which made me feel good. Weakness: As a patient I did not have clear idea of what IVF process or exactly protocols were being followed. My idea was a little vague and i just solely trusted him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Cho at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)?
Ask a lot of questions proactively.
Describe the protocols Michael Cho used in your cycles at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School) and their degree of success.
I had 2 IVF cycles with him. He adjusted the first cycle mid-way to give me the injections Gonal-f and Menopaur in my arms, instead of my belly. He felt i had scar tissues in my belly due to an endometrosis surgery I had, which prevented absorption of the medicines. After switching to arm/shoulder area, it actually improved my egg growth rate. However the eggs reached 3-day cycle, but were not viable on day 5. No transfers happened. For my 2nd cycle he used Follistim and menopeur and increased dosage compared to last cycle. The eggs grew faster this time, and this time he was able to transfer 2 embryos. However, I got a negative test.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Cho at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School).
10,000 for IVF cycle which included egg retrieval and egg transfer; 800 additional for anasthesia during egg retrieval. 10,000 for medicines. Additional costs were incurred for doctor's visit and various diagnostic tests.
Describe Michael Cho's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School).
He did multiple transfer to increase my chances of success which i liked. However, the preg test was negative.
Michael Cho
PCOS, Other
Again, like Dr. Wolf, they [the nurses] were really kind, understanding, and optimistic. When I would call with questions and a nurse called back, I always felt like I got the best help and that my questions were answered.
PCOS, Other
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susan Wolf at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)?
Dr. Wolf was AMAZING. She was patient, understanding, and supportive - she helped me with the physical stuff but what I appreciated even more was her emotional support. She was never too busy to answer a question and made me feel like every question was valid and important!
Johanna! Again, like Dr. Wolf, they were really kind, understanding, and optimistic. When I would call with questions and a nurse called back, I always felt like I got the best help and that my questions were answered.
How was your experience with Susan Wolf at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)?
It was a wonderful experience. She took the time to answer all of my questions and never made me feel like I was stupid/crazy/overly concerned/overly anxious. She was incredibly optimisitic and I felt like she was always thinking about the next step and the other things we could do if it did not work out.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susan Wolf at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)?
Be honest! She will answer all of your questions and will be honest with you, but only if you can express what you are really thinking and feeling!
Describe the protocols Susan Wolf used in your cycles at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School) and their degree of success.
I did provera to get my period, then clomid from days 5-9, followed by daily monitoring, an ovidrel shot, and then the IUI. I also had an HSG done earlier in the cycle. All of this worked and I got pregnant on the first cycle. I had done 2 clomid only cycles with my ob/gyn, which did not lead to my ovulating.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susan Wolf at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School).
My procedures were covered by my insurance so I paid a 35 dollar co-pay per visit for monitoring. I did not pay anything for the HSG or the IUI. I did have to pay for medications and the only one that was substantial was the ovidrel shot, which I think was around 250 dollars.
Susan Wolf
Hoboken
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Some of the nurses were great but there was a lack of coordination overall. No one seemed to be fully up to date on our case and we had to explain what we were doing many times to the constantly rotating team...I do not recommend this clinic [University Reproductive Associates]. I started to feel like a number and there were several issues of miscommunication with the office staff, nurses, etc. It felt like they were too busy to do things according to the protocols they said they had in place.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sara Morelli at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)?
Dr. Morelli was excellent. Caring bed side manner, very thorough communication about our history, test results, each cycle, etc. However, we left because we did not see her very much. She is there one day a week. While I highly recommend her, I do not recommend this clinic. I started to feel like a number and there were several issues of miscommunication with the office staff, nurses, etc. It felt like they were too busy to do things according to the protocols they said they had in place.
How was your experience with Sara Morelli at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)?
She was excellent. We felt listened to. She was very thorough in her approach. I wish we could have seen her more for appointments and procedures. She made us feel comfortable.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sara Morelli at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)?
Only go to her if she moves to a different practice where you can be more directly under her care most of the time.
Describe the protocols Sara Morelli used in your cycles at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School) and their degree of success.
3 unmedicated IUIs, 1 medicated IUI with clomid, no luck We had concerns about losing a significant amount of frozen sperm when it was processed in their lab. Most of it died making the chance of success lower than we anticipated. The lab was unable to give us a clear explanation about why so much of the sperm did not survive processing.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sara Morelli at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School).
It was reasonable with our insurance coverage co-pays.
Sara Morelli