6.6

Wayne
57 Willowbrook Boulevard
Wayne, NJ 07470

Treated 2016 - 2020
I've only used clomid [with Dr. Sara Morelli]. However, when I started in August 2019, I wish I would have know how long blood work was used for, the number of test that would be needed and more understanding of billing in regards to what is charged to insurance and what is not. There was WAY too much inconsistency and I needed Sara to help with getting answers...She seems to genuinely care...When I needed to speak with her, she would call and assist as best she could. If she couldn't, she assisted in getting us answers. While I wish the process was more inclusive of what the steps are, the expectation of each test, the reason why, explaining the billing and more, overall I am comfortable with the Dr.
when I started [with University Reproductive Associates] in August 2019, I wish I would have know how long blood work was used for, the number of test that would be needed and more understanding of billing in regards to what is charged to insurance and what is not. There was WAY too much inconsistency...nurse went out on Maternity leave, and my application was lost in the shuffle. There was no follow up, updates or anything unless I called. I was handed by at least three different nurses. While some were very helpful, some were a waste of time.
How was your experience with Sara Morelli at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)?
She seems to genuinely care. When I needed to speak with her, she would call and assist as best she could. If she couldn't, she assisted in getting us answers. While I wish the process was more inclusive of what the steps are, the expectation of each test, the reason why, explaining the billing and more, overall I am comfortable with the Dr.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sara Morelli at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)?
Just ask all your questions and discuss, who the nurses are and who can assist you if she was not available. Dealing with just anyone, wasn't always helpful.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sara Morelli at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)?
She seems to genuinely care. However some of the nurses were better than others
Describe the protocols Sara Morelli used in your cycles at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School) and their degree of success.
I've only used clomid. However, when I started in August 2019, I wish I would have know how long blood work was used for, the number of test that would be needed and more understanding of billing in regards to what is charged to insurance and what is not. There was WAY too much inconsistency and I needed Sara to help with getting answers.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School).
Sara's nurse went out on Maternity leave, and my application was lost in the shuffle. There was no follow up, updates or anything unless I called. I was handed by at least three different nurses. While some were very helpful, some were a waste of time.
Describe your experience with University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School).
Ask for the nurses name, discuss the actual process, discuss the time limit of tests, for example blood work is only good for 6 months. We had to re do the work, over because we weren't informed the clinic closes for the month of December, and we didn't want to move forward with the process until November.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sara Morelli at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School).
Mostly just the ultrasounds and bloodwork, which was covered via insurance. My husband had to get the sperm taken from him and his insurance doesn't cover it, so we have at $5k out of pocket bill and we haven't done anything. We have to pay for the injections out of pocket, and my insurance only covers $6k for a lifetime.
Describe Sara Morelli's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School).
We haven't discussed this.
What specific things went wrong at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School).
I never received any bills. Every time I went, I wasn't able to pay the co-pay due to machine not working. Then I schedule an appointment for a Sunday, to start the birth control (January 2020) and then get a call back, I have to cancel the appointment due to a outstanding bill that never came to my home or no one mentioned the times I went for ultrasounds. So my appointments were pushed back. Lots of information was not shared in regards to having my Husbands sperm first, before starting birth control, so another month pushed back.
Sara Morelli
Hasbrouck Heights
Dr Cho is a very nice doctor. I feel that the clinic restricted his ability to give more personalized care so he had no choice but to treat me like any other patient. He was always willing to listen to my ideas. Sometimes he seemed stumped.... Antagonist protocol every time. Estrogen was managed up to 3000 and my protocol was altered based on my estrogen. I am not sure that was the best idea.
URA treats by consensus. I feel that their sweet spot is women up to 35 years old. I’m older and probably could have used more personalized care. My protocol was “standard” and repeated even though we weren’t getting better results. Pretty frustrating.... They [nurses] were average. Sometimes forgot meds or instructions but mostly average. They really didn’t know the “why” behind protocols but not sure if they were supposed to.
How was your experience with Michael Cho at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Cho at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)?
He tries his best but if you have unexplained infertility he may not know what to do.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Cho at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)?
Describe the protocols Michael Cho used in your cycles at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School) and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School). (Assigned nurse: Melissa / Jackie)
They were average. Sometimes forgot meds or instructions but mostly average. They really didn’t know the “why” behind protocols but not sure if they were supposed to.
Strength: a long history in fertility, university affiliated and convenient. Cons: very conservative and risk adverse. Patients are given standard protocols and every protocol is decided by consensus. So if you need more specialized care it’s hard to get it from this group.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School).
Cattle call for sure. To be seen early you have to be in line by 6:30
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Cho at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School).
I had some insurance and I was also self pay when all my insurance ran out.
Describe Michael Cho's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School).
Dr. Cho prefers single transfers of euploid embryos. I’m not against this protocol so I didn’t mind.
95% of the time they were fine. A prescription may have been missed here or there.
Michael Cho
Treated 2016 - 2017
Strength: He [Dr. Michael Cho] seemed very confident of what he was doing. He was very re-assuring which made me feel good. Weakness: As a patient I did not have clear idea of what IVF process or exactly protocols were being followed. My idea was a little vague and i just solely trusted him...He adjusted the first cycle mid-way to give me the injections Gonal-f and Menopaur in my arms, instead of my belly. He felt i had scar tissues in my belly due to an endometrosis surgery I had, which prevented absorption of the medicines. After switching to arm/shoulder area, it actually improved my egg growth rate. However the eggs reached 3-day cycle, but were not viable on day 5. No transfers happened
10,000 for IVF cycle which included egg retrieval and egg transfer [at University Reproductive Associates]...The receptionists were good and reminded me of my appointments. The wait time was not too much, so that was good too. However, no one provided very clear picture of the egg monitoring. I had to ask about how many eggs, how much estradiol etc.. and hardly got proper details. That part i felt can be improved. It just adds to the stress if you don't understand how well or bad your cycle is going.
Strength: He seemed very confident of what he was doing. He was very re-assuring which made me feel good. Weakness: As a patient I did not have clear idea of what IVF process or exactly protocols were being followed. My idea was a little vague and i just solely trusted him.
Ask a lot of questions proactively.
He did explain the process and results, but I had to ask a lot of questions to get a clear idea. I felt it would have helped to get little more time and attention from him. Sometimes as patients we don't even know what questions to ask. He did answer any question i asked though.
I had 2 IVF cycles with him. He adjusted the first cycle mid-way to give me the injections Gonal-f and Menopaur in my arms, instead of my belly. He felt i had scar tissues in my belly due to an endometrosis surgery I had, which prevented absorption of the medicines. After switching to arm/shoulder area, it actually improved my egg growth rate. However the eggs reached 3-day cycle, but were not viable on day 5. No transfers happened. For my 2nd cycle he used Follistim and menopeur and increased dosage compared to last cycle. The eggs grew faster this time, and this time he was able to transfer 2 embryos. However, I got a negative test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School). (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
Some nurses were good but some were not. They poked me so many times for blood and gave me blue/black bruises so many times. At the end my left hand vein was lost. The care coordinators sometimes lost or forgot to mention critical details like I had only one ovary. My other ovary was removed during my endometrosis surgery. During monitoring by other doctors, they poked me so many times for so long before realizing something was wrong and I had to tell them that i have only one ovary, so checking for the 2nd ovary will not give results.
10,000 for IVF cycle which included egg retrieval and egg transfer; 800 additional for anasthesia during egg retrieval. 10,000 for medicines. Additional costs were incurred for doctor's visit and various diagnostic tests.
He did multiple transfer to increase my chances of success which i liked. However, the preg test was negative.
The fact that the morning monitoring doctors did not have all the necessary information about the patient. My doctor knew what he was doing but he was not present every time. One of the other doctors poked me for a long time before she realised i had only one ovary. It was all present in my records, but no one read it. Also, i had multiple blue/black bruises on my arms from blood drawn. Some of the nurses did not know how to draw blood and one time i had a bruising and swelling of enormous size that lasted for 10 days.
Michael Cho

Treated 2015
She [Dr Sara Morelli] was excellent. We felt listened to. She was very thorough in her approach. I wish we could have seen her more for appointments and procedures. She made us feel comfortable...Only go to her if she moves to a different practice [review when she was at Univ. Repro Associates] where you can be more directly under her care most of the time.
Some of the nurses were great but there was a lack of coordination overall. No one seemed to be fully up to date on our case and we had to explain what we were doing many times to the constantly rotating team...I do not recommend this clinic [University Reproductive Associates]. I started to feel like a number and there were several issues of miscommunication with the office staff, nurses, etc. It felt like they were too busy to do things according to the protocols they said they had in place.
She was excellent. We felt listened to. She was very thorough in her approach. I wish we could have seen her more for appointments and procedures. She made us feel comfortable.
Only go to her if she moves to a different practice where you can be more directly under her care most of the time.
Dr. Morelli was excellent. Caring bed side manner, very thorough communication about our history, test results, each cycle, etc. However, we left because we did not see her very much. She is there one day a week. While I highly recommend her, I do not recommend this clinic. I started to feel like a number and there were several issues of miscommunication with the office staff, nurses, etc. It felt like they were too busy to do things according to the protocols they said they had in place.
3 unmedicated IUIs, 1 medicated IUI with clomid, no luck We had concerns about losing a significant amount of frozen sperm when it was processed in their lab. Most of it died making the chance of success lower than we anticipated. The lab was unable to give us a clear explanation about why so much of the sperm did not survive processing.
It was reasonable with our insurance coverage co-pays.
I requested a female doctor for a procedure and they said yes and confirmed it. When I went for the procedure a male doctor walked in and they did not seem to be aware of what had been arranged nor were they apologetic and they did not try to address the issue with compassion.
Sara Morelli