Genetic counseling is not offered: Not Offered
Providing backup medication is not offered: Not Offered
4245 Roosevelt Way NE
Seattle, WA 98105
206.598.5500
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend University Reproductive Care - University of Washington to a friend?

6.4

1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
A strength of this clinic [University Reproductive Care] is definitely their CNM who is the provider I see most often during monitoring and saw for early testing. She is incredibly kind, compassionate and has a sense of humor. While seen less often the other RNs have been absolutely wonderful going over protocol schedules, answering questions and having open clear lines of communication for next steps. The RN I have had for both of retrievals is also a highlight. She remembered us both, our conversations and was able to help put us at ease.
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with University Reproductive Care - University of Washington.
As a small clinic you are less a number or chart and have more individual interactions with staff. This includes checking in at lab or clinic and seeing the same MA, RNs and MDs. The process is already stressful so when I check in and the front desk staff and MAs are excited to see me and know me it helps. Also, everything is located within the same building so you don’t need to go elsewhere for anything unless it is a weekend for bloodwork, and the main hospital is within a 5 min drive. One weakness is I haven’t always understood what was covered by insurance, why costs have fluctuated and have needed to call two separate billing departments to resolve some billing errors. The hospital and physicians are billed separately. Although the clinic is moving to another floor, they currently are located on the same floor as Pediatrics and Women’s health/OB-GYN. Obviously this is less than ideal for a fertility clinic location.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christopher Herndon at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington?
Dr. Herndon takes the time to answer any questions, discuss concerns and will reach out via phone when needed. Whenever we’ve run into him around the building, whether checking in at the front desk or in the elevator he knows us personally and takes the time to say hello and briefly chat.
A strength of this clinic is definitely their CNM who is the provider I see most often during monitoring and saw for early testing. She is incredibly kind, compassionate and has a sense of humor. While seen less often the other RNs have been absolutely wonderful going over protocol schedules, answering questions and having open clear lines of communication for next steps. The RN I have had for both of retrievals is also a highlight. She remembered us both, our conversations and was able to help put us at ease.
How was your experience with Christopher Herndon at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington?
Dr. Herndon is calm, detail-oriented, trustworthy and compassionate. He provides a lot of information, described a general overview of fertility, infertility treatment options available (pros and cons to all) and specifics associated with our case as it continues to unfold. I sometimes don't catch everything during an appointment so don’t be afraid to ask questions. Even if they arise later after an appointment, ask. A plus of the clinic is there tends to be a scribe so you can get detailed information after each appointment to review. His communication style tends to be direct yet compassionate. My experiences so far have included personal attention, he remembers us, says hello and chats when seen around the building (getting bloodwork, elevator, checking in). It really feels like we are people, not just a case or number. I’ve had several phone calls from him outside of clinic hours or when he’s not in the clinic to go over concerns or results. Dr. Herndon and the whole clinic staff are well versed in trauma informed care and willing to take time to explain procedures, exams, protocols and willing to collaborate to modify if needed.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christopher Herndon at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington?
Be prepared, which is advice I would give regardless of which doctor you see. Don't be afraid to ask questions but really listen to the answer.
Describe the protocols Christopher Herndon used in your cycles at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington and their degree of success.
E2 prime antagonist Low dose luteal Lupron
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington.
Monitoring appointments were generally scheduled between 8am and 10am with labs done before for same day results. I had a couple of them scheduled at the beginning of my stimulation cycle and then each day they’d be scheduled around 2pm for the following day.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christopher Herndon at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington.
Insurance coverage for testing, then approximately $13-$15,000 + medications and PGT-A testing for embryo preservation.
Describe Christopher Herndon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington.
Upfront and direct from the beginning that transferring one is the most responsible and safe-especially PGT-A embryo. Provided statistics, research and rationale.
Seattle

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Christopher Herndon at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Generally, all staff [University Reproductive Care] except financial were responsive and quickly fixed any errors, which is what really matters.... The clinic’s strengths are its clinical staff. It’s biggest weakness is the financial counseling. I could write pages of complaints about this woman - she misled us, outright lied, and was condescending while doing it. She has cost us thousands of dollars and many, many hours - and we were only able to begin recouping the money by moving above her to hospital administration.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
The clinic’s strengths are its clinical staff. It’s biggest weakness is the financial counseling. I could write pages of complaints about this woman - she misled us, outright lied, and was condescending while doing it. She has cost us thousands of dollars and many, many hours - and we were only able to begin recouping the money by moving above her to hospital administration. It stands out as a dark spot in what is already an emotionally and financially devastating process. She alone is enough to recommend against this clinic unless you are 100% certain you’re cash pay for everything anyway. She’ll still be rude, I’m sure, but at least she won’t cost you money.
The clinic itself is small, but part of a huge university medical system.
The nursing staff is overall great. There are a few that don’t really seem to know what’s going on which led to some awkward moments but overall we felt very well-cared-for by the nurses.
What specific things went wrong at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington?
Dr. Herndon is a skilled doctor and obviously is very dedicated and cares very much for his patients. His communication sometimes leaves something to be desired, however. I often have felt like I didn’t understand what was next or the reason for a delay. It’s possible, but sometimes difficult, to get the answers we need from him.
Be sure to directly ask all of your questions. One huge positive about him is that he’ll take all the time you need and never seems rushed. This sometimes also means he’s running very late so be prepared for that. I found this to be a net positive because I have a lot of questions and anxiety, so needed his time, and a flexible job, so waiting wasn’t usually a huge problem.
For retrieval, we started with a regular IVF protocol (short suppression with birth control, then about ten days of stims) and increased doses as necessary. For transfer, we did a short period of suppression with birth control followed by estrogen and then the dreaded progesterone in oil. We have only had to do one of each because we have had great luck/results.
Retrieval with PGS was cheaper than other clinics. Other treatments were comparable except FET which was more expensive.
We had PGS-normal embryos and he made clear that he believed transferring one was really the only responsible option, especially considering my medical status. We agreed so there was no issue.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
The nursing staff here [University Repro Care] is AMAZING. They are so kind, and compassionate. They laugh with you, they remember you and they fight for you.... There are some great doctors in this clinic. The nursing staff is amazing and part of the reason I’ve stayed. They answer messages promptly through e care and that’s very helpful. While I did switch RE’s I felt that this clinic had a better baseline understanding of my history and so I’ve stayed with UW
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Genevieve Neal-Perry at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington?
My medical history led the doctor to believe that I would not have any sort of response to any drugs they could provide to help my body ovulate. I felt like I wasn’t given a chance based on my medical history and this made me feel like a number that no one wanted to work with
The nursing staff here is AMAZING. They are so kind, and compassionate. They laugh with you, they remember you and they fight for you.
How was your experience with Genevieve Neal-Perry at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington?
Strength - she explains the medical aspect of hormones, and how drugs work with your system very well. I did appreciate that. However, I had a pretty strong understand already of how things worked, based on my previous medical history. Cons - while she took time to listen, it felt that I was just a number. And a number that wouldn’t yield any result. We did the first IUI and while it was negative, there was still hope and I wish I had felt some of that from the doctor. I understand they need to be honest with you based on your results, and I know that’s why my experience was the way it was.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Genevieve Neal-Perry at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington?
You need to come prepared with what you want out of your appointment. I left confused a few times, and I want people to know that sometimes you have to fight for what you believe and what you want. She’s great if you’re willing to make your case
Describe the protocols Genevieve Neal-Perry used in your cycles at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington and their degree of success.
We used a higher amount of clomid
Describe the costs associated with your care under Genevieve Neal-Perry at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington.
IUI was roughly $800
Genevieve Neal-Perry
Seattle

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Genevieve Neal-Perry at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington.

The clinic [University Reproductive Care- UW-Seattle] was cold and unwelcoming. This includes the staff and the building. I had an ARNP do some of my testing and she was the only person in the office that I would call wonderful. She was attentive and explained every step of the process to me.... Consult and testing were covered by insurance. When I asked for an IVF estimate they refused to give it to me until I have completed $3000 worth of testing.
The clinic was cold and unwelcoming. This includes the staff and the building. I had an ARNP do some of my testing and she was the only person in the office that I would call wonderful. She was attentive and explained every step of the process to me.
UW is a teaching hospital, which is fantastic. However, this enabled the Dr. to appear to not take an interest in our case, our history or our story. He was extremely clinical when speaking with us and left building a report to his resident.
The nursing staff was fine. It all seemed very basic and clinical.
The dr had his resident talk with us first and gather our story and build a report. When we met with him he hardly introduced himself and then blasted us with information. He talked at us. He made assumptions. When my husband would attempt to ask a question he would cut him off.
Find another Dr

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
I’m glad that the nursing staff here [at Univ of WA-Reproductive Medicine] is so caring. They are kind, they help me think of questions I maybe forgot that I even had. I appreciate that they are open on the weekend if your cycle decides that a weekend is when things are gonna be happening... While my first IUI was in progress, Dr. Yu wanted to continue to monitor my status through my cycle. It was nice to be treated like a human instead of how most patients might be treated based on “by the book” expectations
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
I’m glad that the nursing staff here is so caring. They are kind, they help me think of questions I maybe forgot that I even had. I appreciate that they are open on the weekend if your cycle decides that a weekend is when things are gonna be happening
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bo Yu at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington?
How was your experience with Bo Yu at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington?
Dr Yu is amazing, she called during her own time to explain my test results, making sure that I really did understand what this meant for the future, what it meant for my cycle and treatment now. She even continued to monitor my test results when everyone else assumed I wasn’t where I should be
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bo Yu at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington?
She is great
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bo Yu at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington.
Assuming it will be the same $800 for IUI
Bo Yu
Seattle

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Bo Yu at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington.