Genetic counseling is not offered: Not Offered
Providing backup medication is not offered: Not Offered
4245 Roosevelt Way NE
Seattle, WA 98105
206.598.5500
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend University Reproductive Care - University of Washington to a friend?
7.3

9.9

3.3

5.5

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Generally, all staff [University Reproductive Care] except financial were responsive and quickly fixed any errors, which is what really matters.... The clinic’s strengths are its clinical staff. It’s biggest weakness is the financial counseling. I could write pages of complaints about this woman - she misled us, outright lied, and was condescending while doing it. She has cost us thousands of dollars and many, many hours - and we were only able to begin recouping the money by moving above her to hospital administration.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Describe your experience with University Reproductive Care - University of Washington.
The clinic’s strengths are its clinical staff. It’s biggest weakness is the financial counseling. I could write pages of complaints about this woman - she misled us, outright lied, and was condescending while doing it. She has cost us thousands of dollars and many, many hours - and we were only able to begin recouping the money by moving above her to hospital administration. It stands out as a dark spot in what is already an emotionally and financially devastating process. She alone is enough to recommend against this clinic unless you are 100% certain you’re cash pay for everything anyway. She’ll still be rude, I’m sure, but at least she won’t cost you money.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christopher Herndon at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington?
The clinic itself is small, but part of a huge university medical system.
The nursing staff is overall great. There are a few that don’t really seem to know what’s going on which led to some awkward moments but overall we felt very well-cared-for by the nurses.
What specific things went wrong at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington?
How was your experience with Christopher Herndon at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington?
Dr. Herndon is a skilled doctor and obviously is very dedicated and cares very much for his patients. His communication sometimes leaves something to be desired, however. I often have felt like I didn’t understand what was next or the reason for a delay. It’s possible, but sometimes difficult, to get the answers we need from him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christopher Herndon at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington?
Be sure to directly ask all of your questions. One huge positive about him is that he’ll take all the time you need and never seems rushed. This sometimes also means he’s running very late so be prepared for that. I found this to be a net positive because I have a lot of questions and anxiety, so needed his time, and a flexible job, so waiting wasn’t usually a huge problem.
Describe the protocols Christopher Herndon used in your cycles at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington and their degree of success.
For retrieval, we started with a regular IVF protocol (short suppression with birth control, then about ten days of stims) and increased doses as necessary. For transfer, we did a short period of suppression with birth control followed by estrogen and then the dreaded progesterone in oil. We have only had to do one of each because we have had great luck/results.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christopher Herndon at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington.
Retrieval with PGS was cheaper than other clinics. Other treatments were comparable except FET which was more expensive.
Describe Christopher Herndon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington.
We had PGS-normal embryos and he made clear that he believed transferring one was really the only responsible option, especially considering my medical status. We agreed so there was no issue.
Christopher Herndon
Seattle

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Christopher Herndon at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
The nursing staff here [University Repro Care] is AMAZING. They are so kind, and compassionate. They laugh with you, they remember you and they fight for you.... There are some great doctors in this clinic. The nursing staff is amazing and part of the reason I’ve stayed. They answer messages promptly through e care and that’s very helpful. While I did switch RE’s I felt that this clinic had a better baseline understanding of my history and so I’ve stayed with UW
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Genevieve Neal-Perry at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington?
My medical history led the doctor to believe that I would not have any sort of response to any drugs they could provide to help my body ovulate. I felt like I wasn’t given a chance based on my medical history and this made me feel like a number that no one wanted to work with
The nursing staff here is AMAZING. They are so kind, and compassionate. They laugh with you, they remember you and they fight for you.
How was your experience with Genevieve Neal-Perry at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington?
Strength - she explains the medical aspect of hormones, and how drugs work with your system very well. I did appreciate that. However, I had a pretty strong understand already of how things worked, based on my previous medical history. Cons - while she took time to listen, it felt that I was just a number. And a number that wouldn’t yield any result. We did the first IUI and while it was negative, there was still hope and I wish I had felt some of that from the doctor. I understand they need to be honest with you based on your results, and I know that’s why my experience was the way it was.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Genevieve Neal-Perry at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington?
You need to come prepared with what you want out of your appointment. I left confused a few times, and I want people to know that sometimes you have to fight for what you believe and what you want. She’s great if you’re willing to make your case
Describe the protocols Genevieve Neal-Perry used in your cycles at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington and their degree of success.
We used a higher amount of clomid
Describe the costs associated with your care under Genevieve Neal-Perry at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington.
IUI was roughly $800
Genevieve Neal-Perry
Seattle

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Genevieve Neal-Perry at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington.

The clinic [University Reproductive Care- UW-Seattle] was cold and unwelcoming. This includes the staff and the building. I had an ARNP do some of my testing and she was the only person in the office that I would call wonderful. She was attentive and explained every step of the process to me.... Consult and testing were covered by insurance. When I asked for an IVF estimate they refused to give it to me until I have completed $3000 worth of testing.
The clinic was cold and unwelcoming. This includes the staff and the building. I had an ARNP do some of my testing and she was the only person in the office that I would call wonderful. She was attentive and explained every step of the process to me.
UW is a teaching hospital, which is fantastic. However, this enabled the Dr. to appear to not take an interest in our case, our history or our story. He was extremely clinical when speaking with us and left building a report to his resident.
The nursing staff was fine. It all seemed very basic and clinical.
The dr had his resident talk with us first and gather our story and build a report. When we met with him he hardly introduced himself and then blasted us with information. He talked at us. He made assumptions. When my husband would attempt to ask a question he would cut him off.
Find another Dr
Christopher Herndon

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
I’m glad that the nursing staff here [at Univ of WA-Reproductive Medicine] is so caring. They are kind, they help me think of questions I maybe forgot that I even had. I appreciate that they are open on the weekend if your cycle decides that a weekend is when things are gonna be happening... While my first IUI was in progress, Dr. Yu wanted to continue to monitor my status through my cycle. It was nice to be treated like a human instead of how most patients might be treated based on “by the book” expectations
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
I’m glad that the nursing staff here is so caring. They are kind, they help me think of questions I maybe forgot that I even had. I appreciate that they are open on the weekend if your cycle decides that a weekend is when things are gonna be happening
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bo Yu at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington?
How was your experience with Bo Yu at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington?
Dr Yu is amazing, she called during her own time to explain my test results, making sure that I really did understand what this meant for the future, what it meant for my cycle and treatment now. She even continued to monitor my test results when everyone else assumed I wasn’t where I should be
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bo Yu at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington?
She is great
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bo Yu at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington.
Assuming it will be the same $800 for IUI
Bo Yu
Seattle

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Bo Yu at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington.