Genetic counseling is not offered: Not Offered
Providing backup medication is not offered: Not Offered
4245 Roosevelt Way NE
Seattle, WA 98105
206.598.5500
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend University Reproductive Care - University of Washington to a friend?

6.5

3 doctors
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
A strength of this clinic [University Reproductive Care] is definitely their CNM who is the provider I see most often during monitoring and saw for early testing. She is incredibly kind, compassionate and has a sense of humor. While seen less often the other RNs have been absolutely wonderful going over protocol schedules, answering questions and having open clear lines of communication for next steps. The RN I have had for both of retrievals is also a highlight. She remembered us both, our conversations and was able to help put us at ease.
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with University Reproductive Care - University of Washington.
As a small clinic you are less a number or chart and have more individual interactions with staff. This includes checking in at lab or clinic and seeing the same MA, RNs and MDs. The process is already stressful so when I check in and the front desk staff and MAs are excited to see me and know me it helps. Also, everything is located within the same building so you don’t need to go elsewhere for anything unless it is a weekend for bloodwork, and the main hospital is within a 5 min drive. One weakness is I haven’t always understood what was covered by insurance, why costs have fluctuated and have needed to call two separate billing departments to resolve some billing errors. The hospital and physicians are billed separately. Although the clinic is moving to another floor, they currently are located on the same floor as Pediatrics and Women’s health/OB-GYN. Obviously this is less than ideal for a fertility clinic location.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christopher Herndon at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington?
Dr. Herndon takes the time to answer any questions, discuss concerns and will reach out via phone when needed. Whenever we’ve run into him around the building, whether checking in at the front desk or in the elevator he knows us personally and takes the time to say hello and briefly chat.
A strength of this clinic is definitely their CNM who is the provider I see most often during monitoring and saw for early testing. She is incredibly kind, compassionate and has a sense of humor. While seen less often the other RNs have been absolutely wonderful going over protocol schedules, answering questions and having open clear lines of communication for next steps. The RN I have had for both of retrievals is also a highlight. She remembered us both, our conversations and was able to help put us at ease.
How was your experience with Christopher Herndon at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington?
Dr. Herndon is calm, detail-oriented, trustworthy and compassionate. He provides a lot of information, described a general overview of fertility, infertility treatment options available (pros and cons to all) and specifics associated with our case as it continues to unfold. I sometimes don't catch everything during an appointment so don’t be afraid to ask questions. Even if they arise later after an appointment, ask. A plus of the clinic is there tends to be a scribe so you can get detailed information after each appointment to review. His communication style tends to be direct yet compassionate. My experiences so far have included personal attention, he remembers us, says hello and chats when seen around the building (getting bloodwork, elevator, checking in). It really feels like we are people, not just a case or number. I’ve had several phone calls from him outside of clinic hours or when he’s not in the clinic to go over concerns or results. Dr. Herndon and the whole clinic staff are well versed in trauma informed care and willing to take time to explain procedures, exams, protocols and willing to collaborate to modify if needed.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christopher Herndon at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington?
Be prepared, which is advice I would give regardless of which doctor you see. Don't be afraid to ask questions but really listen to the answer.
Describe the protocols Christopher Herndon used in your cycles at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington and their degree of success.
E2 prime antagonist Low dose luteal Lupron
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington.
Monitoring appointments were generally scheduled between 8am and 10am with labs done before for same day results. I had a couple of them scheduled at the beginning of my stimulation cycle and then each day they’d be scheduled around 2pm for the following day.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christopher Herndon at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington.
Insurance coverage for testing, then approximately $13-$15,000 + medications and PGT-A testing for embryo preservation.
Describe Christopher Herndon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington.
Upfront and direct from the beginning that transferring one is the most responsible and safe-especially PGT-A embryo. Provided statistics, research and rationale.
Seattle

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Christopher Herndon at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
The nursing staff was just great. Responded to all of my inquiries and helped me navigate the UW system....Strengths: location and onsite parking, pharmacy and blood. There is an onsite financial counselor who helps you with insurance coverage. Weakness: front desk reception seemed a bit disorganized and I had to wait to check in.... You may have to wait for a visit to see Dr. Neal-Perry but she is worth the wait.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Genevieve Neal-Perry at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington?
Listened to my concerns and made recommendations that were based on both our fertility and emotional needs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington. (Assigned nurse: Emalee)
How was your experience with Genevieve Neal-Perry at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington?
Having a diagnosis of recurrent pregnancy loss is emotional draining and finding a doctor who is both knowledgeable and compassionate was essential for my mental health and well being. Dr. Neal-Perry and her team was just what I needed. She and support her team were extremely compassionate and knowledgeable. Dr. Neal-Perry was straight forward in her assessment and recommended treatment plan that we could easily understand. She reviewed our history and goals in great detail and helped us understand how different treatments and our diagnosis affect pregnancy success. We never felt rushed and always felt that our concerns were of paramount interest to her and her staff. Our experience with her and her staff was absolutely wonderful. This was not the experience that we had with with PNW where we felt like we were a just a number and a dollar.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Genevieve Neal-Perry at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington?
You may have to wait for a visit to see Dr. Neal-Perry but she is worth the wait. She will be honest with you about your chances (no sugar coating) and she will use up to date medical information to inform you and design your treatment plan.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Genevieve Neal-Perry at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington.
had insurance
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Generally, all staff [University Reproductive Care] except financial were responsive and quickly fixed any errors, which is what really matters.... The clinic’s strengths are its clinical staff. It’s biggest weakness is the financial counseling. I could write pages of complaints about this woman - she misled us, outright lied, and was condescending while doing it. She has cost us thousands of dollars and many, many hours - and we were only able to begin recouping the money by moving above her to hospital administration.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
The clinic’s strengths are its clinical staff. It’s biggest weakness is the financial counseling. I could write pages of complaints about this woman - she misled us, outright lied, and was condescending while doing it. She has cost us thousands of dollars and many, many hours - and we were only able to begin recouping the money by moving above her to hospital administration. It stands out as a dark spot in what is already an emotionally and financially devastating process. She alone is enough to recommend against this clinic unless you are 100% certain you’re cash pay for everything anyway. She’ll still be rude, I’m sure, but at least she won’t cost you money.
The clinic itself is small, but part of a huge university medical system.
The nursing staff is overall great. There are a few that don’t really seem to know what’s going on which led to some awkward moments but overall we felt very well-cared-for by the nurses.
What specific things went wrong at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington?
Dr. Herndon is a skilled doctor and obviously is very dedicated and cares very much for his patients. His communication sometimes leaves something to be desired, however. I often have felt like I didn’t understand what was next or the reason for a delay. It’s possible, but sometimes difficult, to get the answers we need from him.
Be sure to directly ask all of your questions. One huge positive about him is that he’ll take all the time you need and never seems rushed. This sometimes also means he’s running very late so be prepared for that. I found this to be a net positive because I have a lot of questions and anxiety, so needed his time, and a flexible job, so waiting wasn’t usually a huge problem.
For retrieval, we started with a regular IVF protocol (short suppression with birth control, then about ten days of stims) and increased doses as necessary. For transfer, we did a short period of suppression with birth control followed by estrogen and then the dreaded progesterone in oil. We have only had to do one of each because we have had great luck/results.
Retrieval with PGS was cheaper than other clinics. Other treatments were comparable except FET which was more expensive.
We had PGS-normal embryos and he made clear that he believed transferring one was really the only responsible option, especially considering my medical status. We agreed so there was no issue.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
The nursing staff here [University Repro Care] is AMAZING. They are so kind, and compassionate. They laugh with you, they remember you and they fight for you.... There are some great doctors in this clinic. The nursing staff is amazing and part of the reason I’ve stayed. They answer messages promptly through e care and that’s very helpful. While I did switch RE’s I felt that this clinic had a better baseline understanding of my history and so I’ve stayed with UW
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
My medical history led the doctor to believe that I would not have any sort of response to any drugs they could provide to help my body ovulate. I felt like I wasn’t given a chance based on my medical history and this made me feel like a number that no one wanted to work with
The nursing staff here is AMAZING. They are so kind, and compassionate. They laugh with you, they remember you and they fight for you.
Strength - she explains the medical aspect of hormones, and how drugs work with your system very well. I did appreciate that. However, I had a pretty strong understand already of how things worked, based on my previous medical history. Cons - while she took time to listen, it felt that I was just a number. And a number that wouldn’t yield any result. We did the first IUI and while it was negative, there was still hope and I wish I had felt some of that from the doctor. I understand they need to be honest with you based on your results, and I know that’s why my experience was the way it was.
You need to come prepared with what you want out of your appointment. I left confused a few times, and I want people to know that sometimes you have to fight for what you believe and what you want. She’s great if you’re willing to make your case
Describe the protocols Genevieve Neal-Perry used in your cycles at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington and their degree of success.
We used a higher amount of clomid
IUI was roughly $800
Seattle

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Genevieve Neal-Perry at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington.

[The nurses at University Reproductive Care are] Very friendly and laughed and joked alot to ease the tension before the doctor arrived...I wish that the reproductive urologist and endocrinologist could see us at the same time but I don’t know if that's sone anywhere. But each time we were seen quickly not a lot of waiting. The weak point i found is that getting an appointment is difficult last minute they have to be scheduled well in advance.
She was very warm and comfortable to talk with. Explained in detail our process for testing and the next steps were clear. Very to the point.
She listened and conversed with us with a level of understanding that was not to technical. When we left i was informed on the next steps and stages outlined clearly for our next visit. When we returned we saw a different physician but she went out of her way to make sure I knew who we were to meet and offered to reschedule if I were not comfortable seeing someone different for the next follow up. I really appreciated her candidness for testing and she jumped right in during the consultation and we did a physical and sonogram right then since it was covered bu my insurance.
Be honest and ask questions you will get the answer. Also if working with a male partner get a semen analyst first.
So far I have done an Hsg and sis along with estridol fsh and other bloodwork. She also ordered blood work and testing for my husband
My cost were covered by my insurance.
Seattle

The clinic [University Reproductive Care- UW-Seattle] was cold and unwelcoming. This includes the staff and the building. I had an ARNP do some of my testing and she was the only person in the office that I would call wonderful. She was attentive and explained every step of the process to me.... Consult and testing were covered by insurance. When I asked for an IVF estimate they refused to give it to me until I have completed $3000 worth of testing.
The clinic was cold and unwelcoming. This includes the staff and the building. I had an ARNP do some of my testing and she was the only person in the office that I would call wonderful. She was attentive and explained every step of the process to me.
UW is a teaching hospital, which is fantastic. However, this enabled the Dr. to appear to not take an interest in our case, our history or our story. He was extremely clinical when speaking with us and left building a report to his resident.
The nursing staff was fine. It all seemed very basic and clinical.
The dr had his resident talk with us first and gather our story and build a report. When we met with him he hardly introduced himself and then blasted us with information. He talked at us. He made assumptions. When my husband would attempt to ask a question he would cut him off.
Find another Dr

1 IUI, 3 IVF, Egg Freezing
I was a bit concerned about turnover but have basically been very happy with the care we've received. It's a peaceful environment [U of WA Repro Care] and everyone is caring and helpful. ... Occasionally I had to clarify information in my emails that seemed conflicting. ... I think that most of the team is wonderful. ... The nursing staff changed a lot while I was a patient. They were exceptional the first two cycles. I found them less organized and diligent the last time.
1 IUI, 3 IVF, Egg Freezing
I think that most of the team is wonderful. I was a bit concerned about turnover but have basically been very happy with the care we've received. It's a peaceful environment and everyone is caring and helpful.
Dr. Neal-Perry is conscientious, warm, thoughtful and spent time with me when I needed it.
Very honest, thoughtful, caring. I appreciated the extra time she has spent with me over the phone, especially since I don’t live in the area where the clinic is. I found her whole team of doctors to be diligent and caring.
Make sure to spend time taking care of yourself. This is a difficult process.
I don’t remember the terminology for the protocols she used. She does use mini Hgc as one of the injectables. It was hard for me to get.
Around $14500

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
I’m glad that the nursing staff here [at Univ of WA-Reproductive Medicine] is so caring. They are kind, they help me think of questions I maybe forgot that I even had. I appreciate that they are open on the weekend if your cycle decides that a weekend is when things are gonna be happening... While my first IUI was in progress, Dr. Yu wanted to continue to monitor my status through my cycle. It was nice to be treated like a human instead of how most patients might be treated based on “by the book” expectations
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
I’m glad that the nursing staff here is so caring. They are kind, they help me think of questions I maybe forgot that I even had. I appreciate that they are open on the weekend if your cycle decides that a weekend is when things are gonna be happening
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bo Yu at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington?
How was your experience with Bo Yu at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington?
Dr Yu is amazing, she called during her own time to explain my test results, making sure that I really did understand what this meant for the future, what it meant for my cycle and treatment now. She even continued to monitor my test results when everyone else assumed I wasn’t where I should be
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bo Yu at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington?
She is great
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bo Yu at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington.
Assuming it will be the same $800 for IUI
Bo Yu
Seattle

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Bo Yu at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington.

1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
It [University Reproductive Care] is part of big academic center. Clinic is very organized. They sometimes can be strict with times the tests shoould be done but were happy to make accomadations for me. The CLinic has a nice aquarium in the waiting room... Everyone was caring and accomadative. I once came stressed from work for my appointment. I got big hug, apple juice and animal crackers.... around $6000 for IVF with Livelong grant
1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
It is part of big academic center. Clinic is very organized. They sometimes can be strict with times the tests shoould be done but were happy to make accomadations for me. The CLinic has a nice aquarium in the waiting room ( as most REI seem to have)
She is always very personal and accomadative. She added me on to her Saturday schedule as I coudn't take time off from work.
As a cancer pateint, I have dealt with many doctors. Dr. Neal Perry remains my favorite physican. She is extremely smart and goes an extra mile for her patients. She navigated though tough decision by providing be all the evidence and infirmation I needed to make the descion.
Choose her and you will never regret!
She used protocol woth the lowest estrogen exposure as my cancer was ER+. She montiored my hormones level very closely.
around $6000 for IVF with Livelong grant
Describe Genevieve Neal-Perry's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at University Reproductive Care - University of Washington.
only SET is done

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
We used lupron, Gonal-F and miniHCG [at University Reproductive Care] ...We also did genetic testing of the embryos...[the nurses had] Great bedside manner. Some of the nurses seemed more experienced than others...one embryo was transfered...Pros-- The clinic is has a great location and is easy to use public transportation. Pharmacy and lab are onsite eCare allows easy communication with the staff and my doctor Sonograms views projected on a monitor large enough for the patient to see The clinic offers an IVF and medication class Cons Parking costs Front desk people seem over worked
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
Very thoughtful discussion. Answered all of my questions and followed up to give additional advice once lab results became available.
Great bedside manner. Some of the nurses seemed more experienced than others.
Dr. Neal-Perry was thorough and honest in her evaluation and recommendations. She was patient and took the time to answer all of my questions even after the staff knocked on the door to let her know that the next visit was ready. She and her staff made me feel like I was in the hands of a team who care about me as a person. I never felt like I was just a number. There was a clear effort to help me achieve a family. Thanks to Dr. Neal-Perry and her team I am now 25 weeks pregnancy. Best team and best doctor.
You may have to wait a little while to see her---but when it is your turn you will never feel rushed!
We used lupron, Gonal-F and miniHCG. Because I had so many miscarriage Dr. Neal-Perry performed a hysteroscopy and we found polyps in my uterus. We also did genetic testing of the embryos.
I had to pay co-pays. I do not remember how much we paid
one embryo was transfered