1127 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90017
213.975.9990

5 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
Dr. Paulson is incredible. He is compassionate, knowledgeable and in many ways the doctor "That started it all". We hit a road-block in our care, and he adjusted accordingly, and with confidence. He speaks to you with concern and respect and answers phone calls and emails quickly. ... He is a busy man, it seems as though he travels all of the world to present his research.
Strengths are the reputation, the facility and the doctors and nurses [at USC - Los Angeles]. The nurses that do the bloodwork are wonderful and the front desk is friendly. ... [nursing staff] Kind, responsive and considerate. ... Weaknesses are the wait time and the parking. The wait time during "clinic" can be long, bring something to read.
How was your experience with Richard Paulson at USC?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Richard Paulson at USC?
He is a busy man, it seems as though he travels all of the world to present his research. You do need to be patient/flexible with that. That is the time you may see another doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Richard Paulson at USC?
Dr. Paulson is very sweet and knowledgeable. He takes his time and makes you feel like a priority. He has a great bedside manner.
Describe the protocols Richard Paulson used in your cycles at USC and their degree of success.
I don't know all the specifics. I know when one Lupron cycle didn't work he suggested a natural cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at USC. (Assigned nurse: Leslie)
Kind, responsive and considerate.
Describe your experience with USC.
Strengths are the reputation, the facility and the doctors and nurses. The nurses that do the bloodwork are wonderful and the front desk is friendly. Weaknesses are the wait time and the parking. The wait time during "clinic" can be long, bring something to read.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Richard Paulson at USC.
7800- gestational carrier FET
Describe Richard Paulson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at USC.
We did a multiple embryo transfer since he did not recommend I test my embryos.
Richard Paulson

2019, Consult
[Dr. Kristin Bendikson] actually took the time to remember my name and was really reassuring that we’d find out my issues. She actually listened to my concerns...She was very blunt but informative. She also reassured me that my journey wasn’t over. Although we haven’t been able to move forward with any treatment right now I have no doubt in my mind that she will be the doctor who handles my treatment and everything from here on out
[The staff at USC] were so warm and welcoming. Walking into a fertility center for the first time is very scary. The nursing staff were just so gentle even with I was crying like a baby...The email communication isn’t that great. And I was also given mixed information about cost of testing and treatments. I was first told that testing would be about $350 per couple and that the cost would go towards future treatment which I later found out wasn’t true. I know prices of things change which is understandable but to be completely mislead was a little sketch
How was your experience with Kristin Bendikson at USC?
She was very blunt but informative. She also reassured me that my journey wasn’t over. Although we haven’t been able to move forward with any treatment right now I have no doubt in my mind that she will be the doctor who handles my treatment and everything from here on out.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kristin Bendikson at USC?
She’s blunt so be prepared.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kristin Bendikson at USC?
She actually took the time to remember my name and was really reassuring that we’d find out my issues. She actually listened to my concerns
Describe the protocols Kristin Bendikson used in your cycles at USC and their degree of success.
We didn’t get far enough into treatment for me to say.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at USC.
They were so warm and welcoming. Walking into a fertility center for the first time is very scary. The nursing staff were just so gentle even with I was crying like a baby
$200 for diagnostic testing
Describe the specific things that went wrong at USC.
There was a mix up in information about pricing. We eventually got to the bottom of it and cleared everything up.
Los Angeles

Dr Bendickson took time to listen to my complicated pregnancy history. She took time to examine my utuerus via ultrasound and suggested a plan of action I could start immediately. She was compassionate and kind... She put me on progesterone to see if I could possibly get pregnant on my own in the next couple cycles before starting IVF... She will go through your history and suggest the best corse of action . She is very detailed and caring
It seems like a very nice well run facility [USC- Los Angeles]. It is easy to get to. Everyone I spoke to was super friendly and explained things in great detail. I felt very comfortable and not just a number. I didn’t feel pressured to pursue treatment but was given all the information and resources I needed if I choose to... It cost $350 for my visit and I paid the pharmacy for my meds $107... They were so friendly and explained everything in great detail.
How was your experience with Kristin Bendikson at USC?
Dr Bendickson was kind and explained everything well. She took the time to examine my uterus by ultrasound and careful go over the results. She took time to listen and go over my complicated pregnancy history and presented a clear plan.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at USC.
They were so friendly and explained everything in great detail.
Describe your experience with USC.
It seems like a very nice well run facility. It is easy to get to. Everyone I spoke to was super friendly and explained things in great detail. I felt very comfortable and not just a number. I didn’t feel pressured to pursue treatment but was given all the information and resources I needed if I choose to
It cost $350 for my visit and I paid the pharmacy for my meds $107
Describe Kristin Bendikson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at USC.
She told me not to do any procedure that could result in twins because of my history of neural tube defects
Los Angeles
Every question and concern [with Dr. Karine Chung] was adddressed with timely compassion...We went to several doctors before we settled on her. She was thoughtful and treated us like more than a number. We felt like our losses and successes were hers. We had unique circumstances, which she handled with grace and competency...we had to go on lots more meds than the average person.
Teri [nurse at USC] helped us every step of the way. I had several scenarios where we weren’t able to get meds ordered fast enough and she answered and provided for us...Super easy to get in. Hours were long so you could make it. Appointments moved fast...Strengths are that they are very organized and you aren’t just a number to them. Can’t think of any weaknesses other than my own hesitations and fears about the process.
How was your experience with Karine Chung at USC?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Karine Chung at USC?
Go to her and don’t look back!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Karine Chung at USC?
Every question and concern was adddressed with timely compassion.
Describe the protocols Karine Chung used in your cycles at USC and their degree of success.
I’m afraid i don’t remember much except that we had to go on lots more meds than the average person.
Describe your experience with your nurse at USC. (Assigned nurse: Teri)
Teri helped us every step of the way. I had several scenarios where we weren’t able to get meds ordered fast enough and she answered and provided for us.
Describe your experience with USC.
Strengths are that they are very organized and you aren’t just a number to them. Can’t think of any weaknesses other than my own hesitations and fears about the process. Choose wisely as you get what you pay for!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Karine Chung at USC.
$25,000 for my meds and the process including my husband’s ICSI.
Describe Karine Chung's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at USC.
She let us choose, with her expert opinion but without judgement.
2013 - 2018, Successful
3 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
She’s the best. I have seen many doctors during the few years, and she is easily the best doctor that has ever treated me. In addition, she is immersed in research and an educator which elevates her knowledge and approach to you as a patient....She is fantastic and incredibly warm. She remembers all the details of your case, it is very personal. Even when delivering hard news, she is compassionate and warm but clear.
Strengths [USC] are reputation, operating hours and staff. I would say the negatives are it can get busy and you may have a fellow from the medical school in the room with you which can be awkward at first.... It was organized. I liked going as early as possible.... Given my cycle was with a surrogate, some information was not given to my surrogate that delayed transfer. The next cycle worked, so at the end of the day, it was meant to be.
Go to the office early!
I don’t remember, it was in 2013-2014
Describe your experience with your nurse at USC. (Assigned nurse: Terrie)
They are great as well. Warm, knowledgeable and are available by phone and email.
Describe your experience with USC.
Strengths are reputation, operating hours and staff. I would say the negatives are it can get busy and you may have a fellow from the medical school in the room with you which can be awkward at first.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at USC.
It was organized. I liked going as early as possible.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Karine Chung at USC.
Don’t remember, seemed competitive for the LA/OC area. As a cancer survivor, Chung has a discounted program.
She does tailor number, 3 vs 5 to each individual.
2017, 13 Eggs Frozen
Dr Bendikson knew who I was, always addressed my questions, and was very present through the whole process...I'm very grateful for Dr Bendikson - I had a very short time frame to get my eggs frozen before I had to leave the country, and my system was pretty suppressed due to decades of birth control. Dr Bendikson was patient, energetic and factual - kept me optimistic but realistic about the situation. We ended up getting pretty good results, and I cannot thank Dr Bendikson and all her partners enough for their professionalism throughout my process.
Not a terrible wait in general [at USC], staff was very friendly and helpful...About $10K total for egg retrieval... I also really appreciated the partnership among all the doctors at USC Fertility...I felt like at any given time I had multiple resources to go to... the operating model at USC Fertility - you won't see Dr Bendikson at every appointment, but all the doctors are great and they are all in a close partnership. Also the rotating schedules of all the doctors mean that monitoring appointments are very available, which is incredibly valuable.
How was your experience with Kristin Bendikson at USC?
Be open minded to the operating model at USC Fertility - you won't see Dr Bendikson at every appointment, but all the doctors are great and they are all in a close partnership. Also the rotating schedules of all the doctors mean that monitoring appointments are very available, which is incredibly valuable.
Dr Bendikson knew who I was, always addressed my questions, and was very present through the whole process. I also really appreciated the partnership among all the doctors at USC Fertility...I felt like at any given time I had multiple resources to go to.
Describe your experience with USC.
Just a great experience overall - very professional staff and efficient operations. Highly recommended!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at USC.
Not a terrible wait in general, staff was very friendly and helpful.
About $10K total for egg retrieval
Los Angeles

Dr. Bendikson is very competent, knowledgable, and professional. At the same time, she is warm and caring. I trust her completely, feel that she is very up to date on the field, and never feel like she is pushing unnecessary procedures. She always answers any questions I have without making me feel like it is a silly question or that she is rushed. I am very happy with the care she has given me...
I was always seen in a timely manner [at USC Fertility], the front staff and nursing staff were always very pleasant, and I felt like the entire clinic was taking good care of me. I never felt like their goal was to make money off of me which is very important to me and differed from another REI office where I had a consultation. As an academic center, I know they hire smart, ethical, up to date physicians...
How was your experience with Kristin Bendikson at USC?
Don't be afraid to ask questions. She is very knowledgeable and open to educating.
Dr. Bendikson and her entire office treated me very well. They were always warm and caring and made the process as easy as possible.
Describe your experience with your nurse at USC. (Assigned nurse: Vicky)
Vicky always had a smile on her face, was very prompt with emails, and went out of her way to accommodate me.
Describe your experience with USC.
I was always seen in a timely manner, the front staff and nursing staff were always very pleasant, and I felt like the entire clinic was taking good care of me. I never felt like their goal was to make money off of me which is very important to me and differed from another REI office where I had a consultation. As an academic center, I know they hire smart, ethical, up to date physicians.
2015, Successful
I did two rounds of IVF. Neither time did any embryos make it to freezing. The first time didn't work, but I felt Dr Paulson really looked at different options for me and the next time it was successful! Dr Paulson is blunt, but very nice.
I got the feeling this [USC Fertility] isn't a clinic where they will hold your hand or be OK if you call twenty times a day...Monitoring hours are in the morning. Since I had to go to work they were great about letting me come in a little early.
How was your experience with Richard Paulson at USC?
I got the feeling this isn't a clinic where they will hold your hand or be OK if you call twenty times a day.......I never really needed that so the experience was great for me, but just keep that in mind.
Dr Paulson is blunt, but very nice. He's also rated one of the top fertility docs in the nation, so I didn't mind that he was blunt.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at USC.
The nurses here can draw blood so quick you don't even feel it! Which is huge when your getting a blood draw three times a week.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at USC.
Someone did forget to call me and tell me what time to take my trigger shot, but it was just an oversight and they apologized.
Richard Paulson
2015, Unsuccessful
Dr. Bendikson is incredibly knowledgeable and compassionate. She works with an amazing team, and I would recommend USC Fertility to anyone... The entire team of doctors and nurses all know and care about my treatment. I didn't realize how much I needed that connection until I had it.
It's a well-oiled machine at [USC Fertility]; however, the clinic is not as big as others & the doctors meet with you in person every time, so sometimes the wait for ultrasounds can be longer... The entire team of doctors and nurses all know and care about my treatment. I didn't realize how much I needed that connection until I had it.
How was your experience with Kristin Bendikson at USC?
Ask all the questions you want. She'll answer them.
USC Fertility is amazing. The entire team of doctors and nurses all know and care about my treatment. I didn't realize how much I needed that connection until I had it. My previous doctor's office was super busy, and I never saw or spoke with my doctor until my egg retrieval. At USC Fertility, it's always a doctor who does the ultrasounds, and they all know where I am in the cycle and how I'm doing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at USC. (Assigned nurse: Vicki)
Vicki is dedicated to her job in such a wonderful way. She gives me her full attention and is very thorough.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at USC.
It's a well-oiled machine at USC; however, the clinic is not as big as others & the doctors meet with you in person every time, so sometimes the wait for ultrasounds can be longer.
Los Angeles
She [Dr. Chung] was compassionate and open. She made sure to communicate with us every step of the way. We are grateful for her efforts. She was aware of our needs. Hopefully she will feel of our appreciation and gratitude....Nice office []USC Fertility] and doctor... Strengths were compassionate, organized and thorough. Everyone answered our questions and treated us with respect. We even had great help on weekends.
Everyone [USC Fertility] was compassionate and organized. We were happy to see people and were excited for their hope....No weaknesses. Strengths were compassionate, organized and thorough. Everyone answered our questions and treated us with respect. We even had great help on weekends. Super grateful to have gotten to know everyone....Nice office and doctor...She [Dr. Chung] was compassionate and open. She made sure to communicate with us every step of the way.
How was your experience with Karine Chung at USC?
She was compassionate and open. She made sure to communicate with us every step of the way. We are grateful for her efforts. She was aware of our needs. Hopefully she will feel of our appreciation and gratitude.
Just go along with the ride.
Nice office and doctor
Sorry don’t remember
Describe your experience with your nurse at USC. (Assigned nurse: Teri)
Everyone was compassionate and organized. We were happy to see people and were excited for their hope.
$25,000 for total package

2016, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Chung] said I could do egg freezing but that it may take 3 rounds or so to gather enough eggs, which would just be too expensive. I was 39 at the time. I am now hoping to try and just get pregnant with donor sperm and want to go back to her. ... Be open to the options she recommends. ... Very expensive.. I think $500 for consultation [at USC] ... She was very kind and honest- so respectful.
Very long wait times even with an appointment [USC - Los Angeles], so be prepared to wait. There were always many people in waiting room and then even when you are in your private room for appt you will have to wait longer than you think. ... Very expensive.. I think $500 for consultation and process would have been approx $13k each cycle ... [Nursing staff] Very nice. Just did blood draws with them.
How was your experience with Karine Chung at USC?
She said I could do egg freezing but that it may take 3 rounds or so to gather enough eggs, which would just be too expensive. I was 39 at the time. I am now hoping to try and just get pregnant with donor sperm and want to go back to her.
Be open to the options she recommends.
She was very kind and honest- so respectful.
We just did testing
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at USC.
Very nice. Just did blood draws with them.
Describe your experience with USC.
Very long wait times even with an appointment, so be prepared to wait. There were always many people in waiting room and then even when you are in your private room for appt you will have to wait longer than you think.
2013 - 2015, Unsuccessful
He [Dr Jabara] is very sensitive and encouraging...Very thorough and knows his field...Make sure you come up with specific questions when visit[ing]....Darlene [nurse at USC Fertility] was very responsive and detail oriented. Always answered my questions and helped me through the process. Cynthia was also very helpful and supportive. They were part of my family during the process
How was your experience with Sami Jabara at USC?
Very thorough and knows his field
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sami Jabara at USC?
Make sure you come up with specific questions when visit
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sami Jabara at USC?
He is very sensitive and encouraging
Describe the protocols Sami Jabara used in your cycles at USC and their degree of success.
12 eggs retrieved, 9 was matured to fertilized, 4 embryos and implanted with one survived for 6 weeks then miscarriage due to maternal chromosome adnormality
Describe your experience with your nurse at USC. (Assigned nurse: rn lauren then rn Darlene Estrada)
Darlene was very responsive and detail oriented. Always answered my questions and helped me through the process. Cynthia was also very helpful and supportive. They were part of my family during the process
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sami Jabara at USC.
About 13000
Sami Jabara
2014, 19 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Bendikson did all of my ultrasounds and of course the procedure, and I appreciated her candid, matter of fact nature...Will be totally upfront with you about what to expect from the procedure, and adjusts the dosages of he medications as necessary.
The care was generally good, though most of my in person treatment was with my RN, who was terrific. [The USC Fertility nurses were ] warm, kind and always kept me up to date on my test results.
How was your experience with Kristin Bendikson at USC?
She's very pleasant but not overly saccharine. Will be totally upfront with you about what to expect from the procedure, and adjusts the dosages of he medications as necessary.
Don't expect someone super touchy feely.
The care was generally good, though most of my in person treatment was with my RN, who was terrific. Dr. Bendickson did all of my ultrasounds and of course the procedure, and I appreciated her candid, matter of fact nature.
Describe your experience with your nurse at USC. (Assigned nurse: Victoria )
Warm, kind and always kept me up to date on my test results.
Describe your experience with USC.
Usc fertility handles a variety of fertility related issues.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at USC.
Very easy - I went in during the monitoring hours and never waited longer than 30 minutes to be seen.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kristin Bendikson at USC.
About 12,000 for the entire egg freezing regimen and retrieval.
Los Angeles
[USC was] very organized and always treated nicely! Staff and nurses are also very knowledgeable and caring. Always happy to answer any questions even if you have already asked them! Quick responses to emails and phone calls!...[nurses were] Excellent, positive and professional...[Dr. Aline Ketefian was] Very respectful and caring during a very sensitive time of our life...listened to us, talked to us even explained things more then once if we didn’t understand ( as you know it’s a lot to take in ) she is so patient and kind we felt comfortable right away and never a moment did we feel out of place/lost. Going through this journey is basically heartbreaking but having a Dr. like Dr.Ketefian has made it less tough. She explained everything to us very clear for what would be best for us, you can tell how knowledgeable she is and takes her time to talk to you and hear your story. Happy and thankful to say we have are pregnant now!!!! Dr.Ketefian thank you for everything you have done for us!
How was your experience with Aline Ketefian at USC?
Dr.Ketefian listened to us, talked to us even explained things more then once if we didn’t understand ( as you know it’s a lot to take in ) she is so patient and kind we felt comfortable right away and never a moment did we feel out of place/lost. Going through this journey is basically heartbreaking but having a Dr. like Dr.Ketefian has made it less tough. She explained everything to us very clear for what would be best for us, you can tell how knowledgeable she is and takes her time to talk to you and hear your story. Happy and thankful to say we have are pregnant now!!!! Dr.Ketefian thank you for everything you have done for us!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Aline Ketefian at USC?
Go and see her, make that appointment!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Aline Ketefian at USC?
Very respectful and caring during a very sensitive time of our life
Excellent, positive and professional
Describe your experience with USC.
Well communicated, very organized and always treated nicely! Staff and nurses are also very knowledgeable and caring. Always happy to answer any questions even if you have already asked them! Quick responses to emails and phone calls!
Aline Ketefian