1127 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90017
213.975.9990

2013 - 2018, Successful
3 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
She’s the best. I have seen many doctors during the few years, and she is easily the best doctor that has ever treated me. In addition, she is immersed in research and an educator which elevates her knowledge and approach to you as a patient....She is fantastic and incredibly warm. She remembers all the details of your case, it is very personal. Even when delivering hard news, she is compassionate and warm but clear.
Strengths [USC] are reputation, operating hours and staff. I would say the negatives are it can get busy and you may have a fellow from the medical school in the room with you which can be awkward at first.... It was organized. I liked going as early as possible.... Given my cycle was with a surrogate, some information was not given to my surrogate that delayed transfer. The next cycle worked, so at the end of the day, it was meant to be.
How was your experience with Karine Chung at USC?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Karine Chung at USC?
Go to the office early!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Karine Chung at USC?
Describe the protocols Karine Chung used in your cycles at USC and their degree of success.
I don’t remember, it was in 2013-2014
Describe your experience with your nurse at USC. (Assigned nurse: Terrie)
They are great as well. Warm, knowledgeable and are available by phone and email.
Describe your experience with USC.
Strengths are reputation, operating hours and staff. I would say the negatives are it can get busy and you may have a fellow from the medical school in the room with you which can be awkward at first.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at USC.
It was organized. I liked going as early as possible.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Karine Chung at USC.
Don’t remember, seemed competitive for the LA/OC area. As a cancer survivor, Chung has a discounted program.
Describe Karine Chung's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at USC.
She does tailor number, 3 vs 5 to each individual.
Los Angeles
She [Dr. Chung] was compassionate and open. She made sure to communicate with us every step of the way. We are grateful for her efforts. She was aware of our needs. Hopefully she will feel of our appreciation and gratitude....Nice office []USC Fertility] and doctor... Strengths were compassionate, organized and thorough. Everyone answered our questions and treated us with respect. We even had great help on weekends.
Everyone [USC Fertility] was compassionate and organized. We were happy to see people and were excited for their hope....No weaknesses. Strengths were compassionate, organized and thorough. Everyone answered our questions and treated us with respect. We even had great help on weekends. Super grateful to have gotten to know everyone....Nice office and doctor...She [Dr. Chung] was compassionate and open. She made sure to communicate with us every step of the way.
How was your experience with Karine Chung at USC?
She was compassionate and open. She made sure to communicate with us every step of the way. We are grateful for her efforts. She was aware of our needs. Hopefully she will feel of our appreciation and gratitude.
Just go along with the ride.
Nice office and doctor
Sorry don’t remember
Describe your experience with your nurse at USC. (Assigned nurse: Teri)
Everyone was compassionate and organized. We were happy to see people and were excited for their hope.
$25,000 for total package
Los Angeles

[Dr. Kristin Bendikson] wasn’t as compassionate we would like . We felt like we were being rushed thru process in a way . But she was respectful...She was always being paved to the OR . She’s busy we get it . but once we were getting Ultra sounds for weekly visits just seemed like rushed I guess . she was knowledgeable and gave us her course of treatment...ask many questions . Get both sides of her opinion .
Very busy clinic [at USC] . DR get paged daily to OR . Staff was organized and prepared well. Everyone was kind and smiled . even the secretaries are nice and helpful. Clean environment and equipment well kept...[the nursing staff at USC was] Very supportive . Professional...The blood genetics was pricey . Overall the visits were pricey. I guess expected . They were able to provide a discount code for the pre natal vitamins that helped costs .
How was your experience with Kristin Bendikson at USC?
dr was respectful and met with us. She was always being paved to the OR . She’s busy we get it . but once we were getting Ultra sounds for weekly visits just seemed like rushed I guess . she was knowledgeable and gave us her course of treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kristin Bendikson at USC?
ask many questions . Get both sides of her opinion .
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kristin Bendikson at USC?
Dr wasn’t as compassionate we would like . We felt like we were being rushed thru process in a way . But she was respectful .
Describe the protocols Kristin Bendikson used in your cycles at USC and their degree of success.
Px pre NaTals , did a wide blood work up . Genetic testing . Gave my wife hormone tx to be inserted vaginaly for optimal environment for embryo . and ultra sounds weekly to monitor. Growth .
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at USC.
Very supportive . Professional. Talk about all the paper work especially when they took 11 vials of blood
Describe your experience with USC.
Very busy clinic . DR get paged daily to OR . Staff was organized and prepared well. Everyone was kind and smiled . even the secretaries are nice and helpful. Clean environment and equipment well kept

2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
My first impression was this sweet doctor who truly cared about her profession and each person who came into her office. She [Dr. Kristin Bendikson] was genuinely interested in my well being and how to help us with our goal. She went out of her way, gave me her cell phone number, and when I was hospitalized with OHSS, she drove 25 miles to visit me in the hospital and worked with the doctors on staff to manage my care. LOVE HER!
Vicki Paddock [at USC] is a wonderful nurse care coordinator. She communicated well, and her disposition is one of love and support. The nursing staff was amazing, calming, and supportive (Allison in particular was the best, though I don't believe she works there anymore)...Clinic was amazing, warm and friendly. The waiting room/lobby was nice as well; we spend so much time waiting, it helps that the environment is welcoming and soothing. It appears as though everyone involved loves their job and it shows in the way they treat their patients. I also appreciated the time in which you wait is not astronomical and they give you updates, (I've experienced LONG wait times elsewhere).
How was your experience with Kristin Bendikson at USC?
Dr. Bendikson is truly a Godsend. She took it upon herself to befriend me, while helping us to achieve our dream. She is compassionate and loving and it shows with her care. She hurt when I hurt and helped in every way possible. She communicated everything to me, and when my husband was unable to attend an apt, she made herself available to him to explain treatment. She listened to all of my ideas and considered them in my treatment. When I was hospitalized she made herself available to the doctors on staff to help manage treatment. She also made the trek 25 miles to the hospital and visited me. She goes above and beyond. I'm not sure if this was just for me, but believe this is the type of person she is. She engages other doctors when she needs a second opinion and bounces ideas off them for the best course of treatment.
Know that she will go out of her way (for you) to ensure the best possible care.
My first impression was this sweet doctor who truly cared about her profession and each person who came into her office. She was genuinely interested in my well being and how to help us with our goal. She went out of her way, gave me her cell phone number, and when I was hospitalized with OHSS, she drove 25 miles to visit me in the hospital and worked with the doctors on staff to manage my care. LOVE HER!
I underwent my first IVF with Dr. Bendikson June 2015 due to severe endometriosis, as a result, hydronephrosis and multiple endometriomas. Medications used: Gonal f, Menopur, Ganirelix. I responded very well and opted for a freeze all - 38 eggs retrieved, 25 fertilized, 15 frozen blasts [13 PGS tested (9NL, 4ABNL) and two untested]. Although we froze all embryos, I overstimulated and was admitted due to pain management and hydronephrosis. Retrospectively, performed NGS and mitochondrial levels screening of embryos (I had an extremely high number of embryos with abnormal mitochondrial levels). AUG'15 we transferred one normal embryo and suffered a chemical pregnancy. The following three cycles results in negative results. During monitoring, my uterus appeared enlarged and globular and Dr. Bendikson recommended an MRI to look for adenomyosis. MRI showed endometriosis and adhesions from pelvis to diaphragm, adenomyosis and hematosalpingx. On Lupron depot from August to February. Underwent surgery in February to remove tubes (tubes were open and did not need to be removed), remove as much endometriosis as possible, remove adenomyoma (this was done outside of RE). Moving forward in May'17, will undergo a mock transfer and ERA.
Describe your experience with your nurse at USC. (Assigned nurse: Vicki Paddock)
Vicki Paddock is a wonderful nurse care coordinator. She communicated well, and her disposition is one of love and support. The nursing staff was amazing, calming, and supportive (Allison in particular was the best, though I don't believe she works there anymore).
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at USC.
Monitoring occurs within a time frame by physician, which works great for those of us who work. This was we are in and out. This also means that we get results mid afternoon and don't have to wait until the next day.
$27,185 excluding meds
Describe Kristin Bendikson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at USC.
Based on my medical history, initially it was determined that due to acute renal failure, we would only transfer one embryo. After the second failed transfer, we discussed the possibility of transferring one normal embryo and one untested embryo. While the decision was ultimately in our hands, we trusted Dr. Bendikson to help us make the decision based on optimal health.

2009 - 2017, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Richard Paulson] is really compassionate and has a great bedside manner. He reviews your chart thoroughly at each visit. The only problem is that you do not see him every visit. You often see a fellowship student...The costs are reasonable [at USC] but the billing staff is horrific. If you ask for a receipt to submit to your insurance company, you may wait over a month to get it. The billing staff always answers calls when they are collecting your payments but send you to voicemail when you need copies of bills or receipts.
I mentioned this before - I was supposed to get a call [from USC] at day 5 letting me know how many embryos made it to blast - instead I had to keep calling and on day 7, they informed me that my 6 embryos were dead and none had been sent for biopsy. This was after someone erroneously said two were biopsied and sent off for pgd...They really try to make you feel better if something terrible like a miscarriage happens. They are very positive about trying again when you have a negative result. They are super optimistic. The wait times are often a little long during the morning monitoring hours. This is to be expected at any busy health care facility.
How was your experience with Richard Paulson at USC?
He is really compassionate and has a great bedside manner. He reviews your chart thoroughly at each visit. The only problem is that you do not see him every visit. You often see a fellowship student.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Richard Paulson at USC?
Go there if you need basic iui or Ivf. Do not go there if you are interested in pgd/pgs or if you need surgery. The office does not do pgd/pgs routinely so there is some doubt regarding their skills doing the biopsy procedure.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Richard Paulson at USC?
The office is pretty good about knowing all patients' names.
Describe the protocols Richard Paulson used in your cycles at USC and their degree of success.
I was put on high dose stims due to DOR. I am not sure if these doses were a little too high or not.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at USC.
The nursing staff dropped the ball when calling to update on my embryos. No one called and I called on day 7 only to be told all embryos were dead.
Describe your experience with USC.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Richard Paulson at USC.
The costs are reasonable but the billing staff is horrific. If you ask for a receipt to submit to your insurance company, you may wait over a month to get it. The billing staff always answers calls when they are collecting your payments but send you to voicemail when you need copies of bills or receipts.
Describe Richard Paulson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at USC.
The doctor likes to transfer all available day 3 embryos on the over 40 crowd. It may be a good approach because it gets every embryo a chance at implantation. However, you need to be prepared for potential abnormalities that may cause miscarriage. Worse yet, you may have to make a heart wrenching termination decision.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at USC.
I mentioned this before - I was supposed to get a call at day 5 letting me know how many embryos made it to blast - instead I had to keep calling and on day 7, they informed me that my 6 embryos were dead and none had been sent for biopsy. This was after someone erroneously said two were biopsied and sent off for pgd.
Richard Paulson
Los Angeles

Dr. Bendikson is a very thorough doctor. She is very knowledgeable as well and I would describe her as a top doctor in her field. She is caring and kind. She is very understanding of how emotional this situation is. She is very blunt and up front with what is going on and what she thinks of it which I think is good because she doesn't set false hope. On the flip side of it, if something is good she doesn't hesitate to say that either. I think this just makes her trustworthy. I prefer a doctor who just tells me the truth. She is good about answering emails from patients as well. On rare occasions she has been a little rushed with us so we haven't felt able to take our time and ask questions but calling or sending an email solves that.
The clinic has "clinic hours" in which you show up whenever during a window of time and get seen. It sounds unorganized but I love it. It is flexible and you rarely have to wait long for whatever service you are there for. My husband didn't love the atmosphere of the "donation room" as it was just a bathroom and felt a little gross for what he needed to do. The waiting room is comfortable and they offer a keurig with options and water. The rooms are clean and all but one have plenty of space. They work well on scheduling especially if you want to bring in an acupuncturist.
How was your experience with Kristin Bendikson at USC?
Definitely go with Dr. B. You will not be sorry you did. And of course, if you are a prospective patient for infertility, I wish you lots of baby dust and hope.
Dr. Bendikson is a very caring doctor. When we suffered our miscarriage she was quick to give me a hug and say how sorry she was. Along the way if we were concerned she answered our questions and was very empathetic. I feel she truly understands (as much as she is able) what we are going through. She also makes it so easy to trust her as she is so knowledgeable. Being able to trust your doctor is key in your treatment.
I was prescribed 2 estradiol 2mg tablets per day and 2 microprogesterone inserted vaginally morning and night initially to thicken my lining. I did not experience any side effects from these medicines. My lining thickened very quickly and early on. My dosage of progesterone was increased to 3 a day, morning, noon, and evening. This was sufficient hormones to support a pregnancy according to Dr. B. I had a transfer of a single fresh embryo using a donor egg. I did get pregnant but sadly the pregnancy ended in a miscarriage due to blighted ovum. We did the genetic testing on all embryos so it is unclear what happened to cause the blighted ovum. I had frequent blood work and ultrasounds done to check progress.
Describe your experience with your nurse at USC. (Assigned nurse: Vicki)
Our nurse Vicki has been amazing in communicating with us. She is very available and explains everything. She has a great personality and makes you feel very comfortable. She gets back via email very quickly. She is good at explaining things as well. But of course, she has days off. When Vicki was not there I called the clinic to ask a question on two separate occasions and was told the head nurse would call me back. On both of these occasions no one called me back which was very disappointing. But I emailed Vicki and she answered on her next available day.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kristin Bendikson at USC.
The clinic gives you a price sheet up front with all associated costs at your very first consultation. The consultation does cost $350 but you get so much information. You meet with the doctor, nurse, and billing personnel. We paid roughly 20k to the clinic for the egg retrieval from our donor, icsi and fertilization of our eggs, transfer, follow up ultrasounds and blood work.
Dr. B recommended a single embryo transfer due to my age and size. She felt I could carry a singleton fine and it would make delivery easier to have one. I expressed my desire to have a natural birth and she agreed a single was the way to do this.

2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Chung treated me exceptionally well, she always explained everything in detail when I didn't understand the procedure or had any sort of question Dr. Chung and her staff was always a call or email away. I never felt as if i was just a "number" or "another" patient I truly felt like Dr. Chung really cares for each and one of her patients, we felt she was helping us reach our #1 goal to have a family..
Terry was an amazing nurse, she always made sure to get back to be by then end of the day or sooner. all the staff was extremely nice warming and friendly. always felt like an amazing place to be. with many helping hands.... Everyone is extremely nice and welcoming, the only down fall would probably be sometimes getting someone of the phone to actually to talk to right away with out having to wait a couple of hours to get a call back.
How was your experience with Karine Chung at USC?
I would advice a feature patient to walk in with an open mind. Dr. Chung will load you up with information like no one else she will make sure you understand everything as well as have answered all your questions. Follow all advice given by Dr. Chung and nurse.
Dr. Chung is an amazing Dr. should would take the time to call be back when i had a question or concern. Her nurse as well did the same i never felt alone.
As a male fertility factor one of our protocols was to try the semen analysis protocol to try and get pregnant naturally since husband suffers of retrograded ejaculations do to cancer and the first time we tried this protocol his sperm reversed,so we were told to try it again which consisted of being abstinence 3-5 days. 1. Begin Sudafed (with pseudo ephedrine) 2 tablets (30mg each) three times a day starting three days prior to semen analysis 2. Take 2 alkaseltzer tablets in the morning.
Describe your experience with your nurse at USC. (Assigned nurse: Terry)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Karine Chung at USC.
our estimated care cost is at about 8k.
our Dr. recommended that we get two embryos transfer. why? because or odds would be greater incase one doesn't attach maybe the other one will, and if they both do then we'll be blessed with twins.
Los Angeles

Dr. B [Bendikson] was great at first, during our initial consultation taking a lot of time to explain things to me. But was not always the one conducting my US's and the US's themselves were extremely painful. After about 5 of them she mentions off-hand DURING the US that I might have endometriosis, something she had never mentioned before and is not part of my medical history.... It was also traumatic to have such devastating news imparted to me DURING a vaginal ultrasound.
Clinic [USC] was crowded and only had walk-in hours for monitoring which led to hours and hours of waiting if you showed up too late. It was conveniently located for me. We had a billing issue that was difficult to resolve and entirely avoidable on their part.... There were different medical residents or fellows seeing me every time I went in for monitoring.... The nurse was good and very cheerful, but a little overworked and not always very responsive.
How was your experience with Kristin Bendikson at USC?
Dr. B was great at first, during our initial consultation taking a lot of time to explain things to me. But was not always the one conducting my US's and the US's themselves were extremely painful. After about 5 of them she mentions off-hand DURING the US that I might have endometriosis, something she had never mentioned before and is not part of my medical history. When my ovaries did not seem active after only about 3 months off of OCP (after 20 years on them) she wanted to start me on Clomid and just plow forward with a cycle. After leaving her and seeing my current RE, I realized that that course of action would have been completely wrong and ineffective given my hormone levels. I am very happy that I left then and did not waste any more time. Because she was ultimately totally incorrect about the course of treatment that was right for me and her abrupt manner and painful US's, I would never recommend her to anyone.
Find someone else.
There were different medical residents or fellows seeing me every time I went in for monitoring. But Dr. B's nurse was pretty good.
Her strategy was to let my ovaries recover after years of OCP, and then administer Clomid which would have had NO effect given my hormone levels. I had zero results.
Describe your experience with USC.
Clinic was crowded and only had walk-in hours for monitoring which led to hours and hours of waiting if you showed up too late. It was conveniently located for me. We had a billing issue that was difficult to resolve and entirely avoidable on their part.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kristin Bendikson at USC.
Costs were pretty similar to other providers in this area.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at USC.
I felt that they did not really understand what was happening with my body, due to the drastically different approach of my current RE. It was also traumatic to have such devastating news imparted to me DURING a vaginal ultrasound. You are in such a vulnerable state mentally and emotionally and I don't feel that they did a good job respecting that.
Los Angeles

From the very first time I spoke to Dr. Bendikson and I was anxious about my high FSH and low AMH results, she spoke with so much confidence as I hesitantly asked if I could get pregnant? Her ‘this is what I do!’ Response was just the boost I needed in that moment. From that point forward I knew if I trusted the process, no matter the end result I would be pleased with their effort and my commitment to be a good patient.
USC’s Fertility’s strengths include: warm, friendly, knowledgeable and genuine staff. Every doctor I encountered was helpful and informative. On my egg retrieval day I felt like everyone was rooting for me. Weaknesses: Long wait times during clinic hours....All of the nurses and staff were always very warm and friendly. Nurse Vickie answered all of my questions in detail, with compassion and she made it easy for me to understand the process.
How was your experience with Kristin Bendikson at USC?
Listen to what she tells you because she has experience in the field.
The entire office did an excellent job referring to me by my name every time I encountered anyone (not an easy task with my difficult to pronounce name). Everyone was also always very genuinely pleasant, it didn’t seem fake one bit and I appreciated that.
I don’t really remember.... I just remember not taking any medication for my uterine lining
Describe your experience with your nurse at USC. (Assigned nurse: Vickie)
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at USC.
There was a window for an appointment. Sometimes the wait was a bit long.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kristin Bendikson at USC.
About $15-$17K I also received a refund check about a year later for about $1200
During my pregnancy I learned that a lot of clinics no longer transfer multiple embryos. I was very pleased that my clinic chose to transfer all three of my embryos. I really felt like I was treated like an individual patient and not a statistic or anything else. I felt the correct decisions were made for my individual circumstances.
Los Angeles
She [Dr. Bendikson] was extremely knowledgeable and made me feel completely at ease with her management of our cycle...She did have me do an endometrial receptivity assay, which I understand is not common, but it did come back showing our best day for implantation was 1 day later than expected. She also had me use progesterone suppositories instead of injections...We used a donor egg. There was a mock cycle to assess my response to estrogen patches and progesterone suppositories. T
The clinic [USC Fertility] was nice. The financial coordinator was easy to work with. No concerns overall....Dr. Bendikson and her nurse Vickie were extremely helpful, caring, and knowledgeable....[Nurse] Very responsive 99% of the time, though they do take Tuesdays off. She often had detailed answers to questions I thought only the doctor might be able to answer. Most of my interaction with the clinic was through Vicky and she was excellent.
How was your experience with Kristin Bendikson at USC?
She was extremely knowledgeable and made me feel completely at ease with her management of our cycle. She also came well recommended. She did have me do an endometrial receptivity assay, which I understand is not common, but it did come back showing our best day for implantation was 1 day later than expected. She also had me use progesterone suppositories instead of injections, which I greatly appreciated. I'm not sure if these things affected our success but so far so good.
We used a donor egg. There was a mock cycle to assess my response to estrogen patches and progesterone suppositories. This included several ultrasounds and 2 endometrial receptivity biopsies. We also did a genetic screening for my husband and our egg donor. My cycle was started based on timing with the donor and my biopsy results. I've stayed on 2 estrogen patches and progesterone suppositories until 12 weeks of pregnancy.
Describe your experience with USC.
The clinic was nice. The financial coordinator was easy to work with. No concerns overall. .........................................................................................................................................................................
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kristin Bendikson at USC.
$1600 for IVF cycle with a donor, around $3500 for meds.
She gave us the opportunity to decide and we opted for single transfer due to lower risk of prematurity and better outcomes than multiple gestation.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at USC.
I didn't get results once during the holidays, but it was not a problem in the long run.
2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Bendikson is professional, very knowledgeable and generous with her time. I appreciate her candor and what we've learned while in her care. Her approach plus the team she works with make visits feel productive and like we are taking the right steps toward our goals.... She is wonderful about explaining and giving info.... Dr. Bendikson and the staff at the office [USC - Fertility] always gave us their full attention any time when my fiance and I had visits with them. We had what felt like a hundred questions and the entire staff was accommodating and patient and informative at all times.
One weakness [USC - LA] is the parking :-) its L.A. I had to mention that--you will need to pay for parking, metered or they do have a garage. Also, you might have an appnt. with Dr. Bendikson and in the examination room an intern could be present or be the one providing the hands-on care....The prices seemed right in line with those for clinics that provide similar higher-levels of care.... Victoria is exactly what you need after having any treatment or care.
How was your experience with Kristin Bendikson at USC?
Ask questions and don't be afraid to get additional clarification if you need it. She is wonderful about explaining and giving info.
Dr. Bendikson and the staff at the office always gave us their full attention any time when my fiance and I had visits with them. We had what felt like a hundred questions and the entire staff was accommodating and patient and informative at all times.
Describe your experience with your nurse at USC. (Assigned nurse: Victoria)
Victoria is exactly what you need after having any treatment or care. She is so patient, sweet, and polite.
Describe your experience with USC.
One weakness is the parking :-) its L.A. I had to mention that--you will need to pay for parking, metered or they do have a garage. Also, you might have an appnt. with Dr. Bendikson and in the examination room an intern could be present or be the one providing the hands-on care. This isn't unusual in Dr.'s offices and the staff are all amazing but just an FYI.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kristin Bendikson at USC.
The prices seemed right in line with those for clinics that provide similar higher-levels of care. It wasn't "cheap" but not overly expensive.
2017, 13 Eggs Frozen
Dr Bendikson knew who I was, always addressed my questions, and was very present through the whole process...I'm very grateful for Dr Bendikson - I had a very short time frame to get my eggs frozen before I had to leave the country, and my system was pretty suppressed due to decades of birth control. Dr Bendikson was patient, energetic and factual - kept me optimistic but realistic about the situation. We ended up getting pretty good results, and I cannot thank Dr Bendikson and all her partners enough for their professionalism throughout my process.
Not a terrible wait in general [at USC], staff was very friendly and helpful...About $10K total for egg retrieval... I also really appreciated the partnership among all the doctors at USC Fertility...I felt like at any given time I had multiple resources to go to... the operating model at USC Fertility - you won't see Dr Bendikson at every appointment, but all the doctors are great and they are all in a close partnership. Also the rotating schedules of all the doctors mean that monitoring appointments are very available, which is incredibly valuable.
How was your experience with Kristin Bendikson at USC?
Be open minded to the operating model at USC Fertility - you won't see Dr Bendikson at every appointment, but all the doctors are great and they are all in a close partnership. Also the rotating schedules of all the doctors mean that monitoring appointments are very available, which is incredibly valuable.
Dr Bendikson knew who I was, always addressed my questions, and was very present through the whole process. I also really appreciated the partnership among all the doctors at USC Fertility...I felt like at any given time I had multiple resources to go to.
Describe your experience with USC.
Just a great experience overall - very professional staff and efficient operations. Highly recommended!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at USC.
Not a terrible wait in general, staff was very friendly and helpful.
About $10K total for egg retrieval

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
Dr. Baker is great...She is thorough and talks to me like a smart human being. She will draw diagrams and pull up our data to help us interpret it... I wish all my interactions were just with her. Unfortunately, it's mostly with RNs. She's only available for consults or irregular procedures...She was very thorough in explaining treatment and very warm...Dr. Baker also works at USC...
It's frustrating to see a different nurse each time [at Kaiser]. Some did a good job of explaining the ultrasound every time (whether we're looking at the uterus, how many follicles there are, etc). Others, I had to ask things like the size of the follicles. I wish they would share that information in the after-visit summary. Instead, I have to take out my phone to take notes during visits...Receptionist, though efficient, is not pleasant...
How was your experience with Marsha Baker at USC?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Marsha Baker at USC?
Dr. Baker is great. I wish all my interactions were just with her. Unfortunately, it's mostly with RNs. She's only available for consults or irregular procedures.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Marsha Baker at USC?
She was very thorough in explaining treatment and very warm. Her receptionist, Alma, was not. Most of my anxiety/negative experiences are with the receptionist, who does not smile, does not explain things clearly, and makes me feel like a number, not a human.
Describe the protocols Marsha Baker used in your cycles at USC and their degree of success.
All the tests came out fine, so the plan was to start with Clomid. Clomid only lasted for 2 months because it only yielded 1 and then 2 good-sized follicles, respectively. Then we moved onto injectables (Menopur). I got a good response 3-4 follicles. For this next cycle, she'll increase the dosage of Menopur.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at USC.
it's frustrating to see a different nurse each time. Some did a good job of explaining the ultrasound every time (whether we're looking at the uterus, how many follicles there are, etc). Others, I had to ask things like the size of the follicles. I wish they would share that information in the after-visit summary. Instead, I have to take out my phone to take notes during visits.
Describe your experience with USC.
This is at Kaiser, so you have to have Kaiser insurance. Dr. Baker also works at USC. Strengths: - Dr. Baker is wonderful. Weakness: - I rarely see my doctor; the NPs are the ones who do ultrasounds and prescribe meds - No consistent NP. - wish the after visit summary would include more data (number & size of follicles) - Receptionist, though efficient, is not pleasant. - Payment, though transparent, is obtuse. When you visit, you pay for the time AND the ultrasound. It should just be combined in 1. - Sometimes payment is required before services are rendered (lab tests, pregnancy test) whereas others are after.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Marsha Baker at USC.
I have 50% insurance coverage, which covers most things except for IVF. The annoying this is even if you just go for an ultrasound, the charge you for their time (15 mins). ultrasound (including time)- 119 blood estradiol test - 24.5 suppositories (projesterone)-102.73 ovidrel Shot- 61 needles and shit- 2.33 10 Menopur shots- 322.5 IUI- 69 Sperm wash - 12.5 10 min visit - 50 Preg test - 13.5
Describe the specific things that went wrong at USC.
I was told to get a HCG test on a specific date. When I went, they said it wasn't ordered. So the receptionist had to call my Dr.'s office to confirm, and then had it ordered. But I had to pay for it before I could get the test, so I had to give my credit card number over the phone. I was upset that it was not ordered and that I couldn't just pay for the test with the current receptionist. All this took 15 minutes and I held up the line at the lab.
Marsha Baker
Los Angeles

Dr. Bendikson has an amazing bedside manner. She is warm and makes me feel like she really cares about helping us succeed. She gave me a hug after my last transfer, which was very much appreciated. i can ask her any question and she takes the time to respond. I can email her any time and she is so responsive. I feel like she really cares so much about all of her patients...
Amazing clinic [USC Fertility]. Everyone seems to care about each patient. Very organized. Can't recommend it enough....Monitoring hours are convenient and there usually isn't a very long wait...Vicky is a ray of sunshine! She is very knowledgeable and it looks like she has a very good working relationship with Dr. Bendikson. She calls exactly when she says she will call and she is very responsive...
How was your experience with Kristin Bendikson at USC?
Dr. Bendikson is extremely smart and warm at the same time. I trust her completely. I feel like she looks at my specific conditions and thinks about a strategy/protocol specific to me. She is well versed on the newest research. I am extremely happy with her care and cannot recommend her enough.
I can't recommend her enough. Please see her if you need help with fertility. She is beyond amazing.
I went to Dr. Bendikson after a horrible experience with another clinic. She looks at the records from my three previous IVF cycles and the prior clinic and I felt like she took the time to figure out what went wrong and what to do differently. She used an entirely different protocol and added hcg boost and human growth hormone. I'm still not pregnant, but the results have been better under her care.
Describe your experience with USC.
Amazing clinic. Everyone seems to care about each patient. Very organized. Can't recommend it enough.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at USC.
Monitoring hours are convenient and there usually isn't a very long wait.
Los Angeles

I only saw Dr. Kristin Bendikson for my initial consultation and initial appointment. The rest of the time I saw different doctors for monitoring and treatments. My impression of her is that she's intelligent, thoughtful, competent, and warm. She was recommended to me and I'd recommend her to others. I also particularly liked one of the other doctors I saw a bit more often...My only complaint is that it seemed like I saw someone different every time I went in...
Everyone I encountered [at USC Fertility] was friendly and professional and seemed competent. Usually had to wait 20 - 50 minutes during the morning open clinic rush hour for monitoring. Saw different doctors every time, which was off-putting/unexpected at first. Maybe all clinics are like that? Not sure. They were all good doctors, but would have preferred the consistency of the same person on dildo-cam duty or what-have-you. I didn't feel like I really got to know any of them or that they got to know me...
How was your experience with Kristin Bendikson at USC?
If it is important to you to consistently receive most of your treatments from the same doctor, I would ask about how that is handled at this clinic. I'm not sure that it's standard.
My only complaint is that it seemed like I saw someone different every time I went in. Granted, all the doctors I saw were great, but it was quite a rotation. Primary doctor didn't perform the procedure because she was with another patient. It could be more consistent if someone is doing a more intensive treatment like IVF, but I can't speak to that.
1st, lots of diagnostic tests. Then, because of financial considerations (was unemployed at the time), I started with trying Clomid + timed intercourse without monitoring: 50mg a day. She actually prescribed 100mg but I didn't follow it (I Know - bad patient!). I am usually really sensitive to meds and had a feeling it would be rough. Sure enough, I had a strong negative emotional reaction to the 50mg of Clomid (the horror to imagine what 100 would have done!). Having twice as much in hand, I stretched it over 2 cycles. No luck. Decided to go for IUI + full monitoring for the 3rd cycle and she recommended I switch to Letrozole which was much better for me (no side effects - modest dose). Only got 1 decent follicle and no one was super optimistic about it, but the 1st IUI worked! I feel EXTREMELY lucky. I think we would only have been able to afford one more IUI and probably not IVF, so were on the verge of giving up.
Describe your experience with your nurse at USC. (Assigned nurse: Victoria Paddock )
Victoria was very friendly, bubbly and upbeat, almost so much so that it made me uncomfortable, but that's just me. I'm a bit shy, low key. She's really nice and was quick to respond to emails. Really can't complain.
Describe your experience with USC.
Everyone I encountered was friendly and professional and seemed competent. Usually had to wait 20 - 50 minutes during the morning open clinic rush hour for monitoring. Saw different doctors every time, which was off-putting/unexpected at first. Maybe all clinics are like that? Not sure. They were all good doctors, but would have preferred the consistency of the same person on dildo-cam duty or what-have-you. I didn't feel like I really got to know any of them or that they got to know me. At the same time, I got the results I wanted, which is what matters most, so I would recommend this clinic and use it again. I was pretty upfront about my financial situation (which wasn't so hot at the time - between jobs), and appreciated that they were willing to scale down treatments accordingly and didn't push me straight to IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kristin Bendikson at USC.
Letrozole, Bloodtests, 3 monitoring ultrasounds, HCG trigger shot, 1 IUI treatment = about $1600

2014 - 2016, Unsuccessful
I would totally recommend the clinic. You just have to be organized and also not to be afraid to ask questions. One thing is that most of the doctors have other positions, therefore, all of my appointments started at 6a.m. Typically, each appointment last 15-30 minutes...All the nurses and staff were very helpful. Can tell they are very compassionate about their job and try to help people to achieve goals....Going through the whole IVF cycle with embryo implementation is about $15,000. Eggs freezing procedures is about $12,000
How was your experience with Sami Jabara at USC?
Very knowledgeable and helpful. Set appropriate expectation while remaining neutral to do his job. Willing to respond to all of my questions to make sure that I understand the implications and procedures. Make me very comfortable to ask questions and share communication with him
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sami Jabara at USC?
Make sure you know what you want and ask questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sami Jabara at USC?
Always spend time with me and make sure that my questions are answered. Also Dr. Jabara is very knowledgeable, and supportive. Good bed side manner and go out his way to do his best to accomplish the goal. Set the right expectation, but still being hopeful and helpful.
Describe the protocols Sami Jabara used in your cycles at USC and their degree of success.
Had been trying to get pregnant with my significant other for over 3 years. As I was approaching the age of 40, started seeing a fertility dr to find out the I have multiple issues. First time meeting Dr. Jabara, he was able to order different test in order to diagnose me properly. Also, he would explain the results of the tests to me properly and tell me the implications and the procedures. He was straightforward in regards to my situation, but also able to deliver the message with compassion, straight facts, without making me feel uncomfortable. Also, he would spend time to discuss different options and explain very detail on the results/expectations for each choice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at USC. (Assigned nurse: Darlene)
Describe your experience with USC.
I think Dr. Jabara is no longer working with USC. However, based on my experience with the other doctors, nurses, and staff. I would totally recommend the clinic. You just have to be organized and also not to be afraid to ask questions. One thing is that most of the doctors have other positions, therefore, all of my appointments started at 6a.m. Typically, each appointment last 15-30 minutes. If you are working, it's perfect so you don't have to miss too much time at work. However, if you are not working, it may be tough to get up so early and get your blood work and everything else done.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sami Jabara at USC.
Describe Sami Jabara's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at USC.
He followed the medical guideline to transfer the max. embryos based on my age, even though I was reluctant to do it.
Los Angeles
Dr. Bendikson was wonderful to work with. She was very caring and non-judgemental about my somewhat unorthodox circumstances (single mother by choice). She was also very helpful when I needed to make a decision about whether to do another round of IVF or to explore embryo adoption, providing pros and cons of both. I've been meaning to bring my gorgeous 6 week old daughter to meet her and Vicki. I'll probably do that in the next couple of weeks.
The clinic hours [USC] were convenient for me, as a single woman who works full-time. The waiting area is comfortable and the wait times for appointments and monitoring visits were not typically long (usually 10-20 minutes). All of the staff were warm and caring...Dr. Bendikson was warm and caring throughout the testing and treatment process. It felt as though she was genuinely invested in my feelings and the outcome of the treatments. She was direct, but without the coldness friends have described who went to other clinics.
How was your experience with Kristin Bendikson at USC?
Best of luck - you're in very good hands.
Describe your experience with your nurse at USC. (Assigned nurse: Vicki)
Vicki was amazing to work with - very thoughtful and compassionate. I had a lovely experience with all of the nursing staff at the clinic.
Describe your experience with USC.
The clinic hours were convenient for me, as a single woman who works full-time. The waiting area is comfortable and the wait times for appointments and monitoring visits were not typically long (usually 10-20 minutes). All of the staff were warm and caring.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at USC.
Monitoring visits were convenient. They have early morning hours, so I was able to go in before work. Wait times were generally fairly short (10-20 minutes).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kristin Bendikson at USC.
For both the IVF fresh transfer and the embryo adoption (frozen transfer), Dr. B and I had candid conversations about the best number of embryos to transfer to optimize chances of success while minimizing the chance of multiples. We decided to transfer the maximum number of embryos (day 3) because of my age, which led to a chemical pregnancy. For the embryo adoption frozen transfer, we decided to transfer 1 embryo. I got pregnant with my daughter as a result!
Los Angeles

Dr. Bendikson is very competent, knowledgable, and professional. At the same time, she is warm and caring. I trust her completely, feel that she is very up to date on the field, and never feel like she is pushing unnecessary procedures. She always answers any questions I have without making me feel like it is a silly question or that she is rushed. I am very happy with the care she has given me...
I was always seen in a timely manner [at USC Fertility], the front staff and nursing staff were always very pleasant, and I felt like the entire clinic was taking good care of me. I never felt like their goal was to make money off of me which is very important to me and differed from another REI office where I had a consultation. As an academic center, I know they hire smart, ethical, up to date physicians...
How was your experience with Kristin Bendikson at USC?
Don't be afraid to ask questions. She is very knowledgeable and open to educating.
Dr. Bendikson and her entire office treated me very well. They were always warm and caring and made the process as easy as possible.
Describe your experience with your nurse at USC. (Assigned nurse: Vicky)
Vicky always had a smile on her face, was very prompt with emails, and went out of her way to accommodate me.
Describe your experience with USC.
I was always seen in a timely manner, the front staff and nursing staff were always very pleasant, and I felt like the entire clinic was taking good care of me. I never felt like their goal was to make money off of me which is very important to me and differed from another REI office where I had a consultation. As an academic center, I know they hire smart, ethical, up to date physicians.

2016, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Chung] said I could do egg freezing but that it may take 3 rounds or so to gather enough eggs, which would just be too expensive. I was 39 at the time. I am now hoping to try and just get pregnant with donor sperm and want to go back to her. ... Be open to the options she recommends. ... Very expensive.. I think $500 for consultation [at USC] ... She was very kind and honest- so respectful.
Very long wait times even with an appointment [USC - Los Angeles], so be prepared to wait. There were always many people in waiting room and then even when you are in your private room for appt you will have to wait longer than you think. ... Very expensive.. I think $500 for consultation and process would have been approx $13k each cycle ... [Nursing staff] Very nice. Just did blood draws with them.
How was your experience with Karine Chung at USC?
She said I could do egg freezing but that it may take 3 rounds or so to gather enough eggs, which would just be too expensive. I was 39 at the time. I am now hoping to try and just get pregnant with donor sperm and want to go back to her.
Be open to the options she recommends.
She was very kind and honest- so respectful.
We just did testing
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at USC.
Very nice. Just did blood draws with them.
Describe your experience with USC.
Very long wait times even with an appointment, so be prepared to wait. There were always many people in waiting room and then even when you are in your private room for appt you will have to wait longer than you think.
2014 - 2015, Successful
Dr. Jabara always made time for me and addressed my needs. Even if he couldn’t call back right away, someone from the office was always in touch within a few hours.... Dr. Jabara knew I had been through so many rounds of treatment and he was aggressive when he needed to be to get the outcome we were seeking. He didn’t hesitate or cancel my cycles with unnecessary nonsense. I appreciate that he was willing to be so aggressive and fight for my quest to be a parent.
I love that they [USC] had my estradiol levels ready before leaving each follicle scan so we knew exactly what the next step was in the protocol before leaving. I didn’t like that they did not do IUIs on Sundays.... She [nurse] was my main contact. I had her direct phone and email. She was a total support system for me and if I couldn’t speak directly to Dr. Jabara, she would always be sure to reach out and let me know if she was able to speak to him for me. I never waited longer than 2-3 hours for a response!
How was your experience with Sami Jabara at USC?
Dr. Jabara knew I had been through so many rounds of treatment and he was aggressive when he needed to be to get the outcome we were seeking. He didn’t hesitate or cancel my cycles with unnecessary nonsense. I appreciate that he was willing to be so aggressive and fight for my quest to be a parent. He’s attentive and responsive. We had to adjust medication a few times so once we found the proper cocktail, I was grateful he didn’t waste even more time trying meds that we knew I didn’t respond to.
If you’re weary and tired, go see this man.
We initially started with menopur injections and I would only get one follicle every time we tried. No matter what my dose was, menopur only gave me one follicle. He then switched me to follistim and I started at 225iu. Doseage gradually decreased over 9 days and I triggered with ovidrel on CD 11 with 5 mature follicles and IUI 36 hours later. BFP on 11 dpiui!
Describe your experience with your nurse at USC. (Assigned nurse: I can’t remember her name!)
She was my main contact. I had her direct phone and email. She was a total support system for me and if I couldn’t speak directly to Dr. Jabara, she would always be sure to reach out and let me know if she was able to speak to him for me. I never waited longer than 2-3 hours for a response!
Describe your experience with USC.
I love that they had my estradiol levels ready before leaving each follicle scan so we knew exactly what the next step was in the protocol before leaving. I didn’t like that they did not do IUIs on Sundays.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sami Jabara at USC.
Thankfully, I had 50% coverage so I was able to save a lot on medication and care.

2014 - 2015, Successful
I have nothing but good things to say [about USC Fertility] ; the financial coordinator could have been a little quicker to respond via email to my questions, but she did get back to me within 3 business days usually...Come with all your questions written down on paper when you meet with him. We did this and he spent time going through each question, one by one with us...
How was your experience with Sami Jabara at USC?
Dr. Jabara, although no longer at USC Fertility, was wonderful. He is very direct, and doesn't sugarcoat much, but at the same time he is compassionate and very confident in the plan he lays out for your treatment. He explained everything in a way so that we felt comfortable with what the next steps and plans were going to be in order to conceive. You can tell he is passionate about his work, and while at time I could tell he was busy with lots of other patients or with teaching his residents, when it was time to meet with us, he gave us his full attention. We did 4 IUI's (4 negative pregnancy tests) with him at Kaiser, and one (successful) round of IVF with him at USC Fertility.
4 IUI's - 2 with clomid only, 2 with clomid and Menopur. 1 round of IVF (Gonal F, Menopur, Boost, Cetrotide)
Describe your experience with your nurse at USC. (Assigned nurse: Darlene Chavez)
From what I know, Darlene Chavez is no longer with USC Fertility.
Describe your experience with USC.
I have nothing but good things to say; the financial coordinator could have been a little quicker to respond via email to my questions, but she did get back to me within 3 business days usually.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sami Jabara at USC.
one IVF cycle, with medications, was just under $20,000 approximately.
2014 - 2015, Successful
You may not see her [Dr. Ketefian] for every appointment, but she will be there for all the important appointments....She was humble enough to consult with other doctors regarding our treatment. She takes time to make decisions regarding treatment, which I appreciated. Her care felt very individualized. She's a great communicator- quick to answer emails and take further action if needed. Her enthusiasm when she shared the good news with us was genuine and really sweet.
Love the set up [at USC Fertility] - ultrasound, labs draws, procedure rooms all is in one place so it was very convenient. Only qualm is that parking is expensive, and they provide no validation....Monitoring appointments are at 7am for Dr Ketefians patients. I was usually out of there by 7:20~7:30. Weekends are a time window and you're seen by the physician on call, so it's a bit more busy during that time.
How was your experience with Aline Ketefian at USC?
She was very kind and gentle throughout the process. She was humble enough to consult with other doctors regarding our treatment. She takes time to make decisions regarding treatment, which I appreciated. Her care felt very individualized. She's a great communicator- quick to answer emails and take further action if needed. Her enthusiasm when she shared the good news with us was genuine and really sweet.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Aline Ketefian at USC?
You may not see her for every appointment, but she will be there for all the important appointments.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Aline Ketefian at USC?
She was very gentle in the way she spoke to me. Took time to answer all my questions. Didn't make me feel dumb for questions asked. I felt like she was really rooting for us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at USC. (Assigned nurse: Darlene Estrada )
Very professional, very well informed.
Describe your experience with USC.
Love the set up- ultrasound, labs draws, procedure rooms all is in one place so it was very convenient. Only qualm is that parking is expensive, and they provide no validation.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at USC.
After our egg retrieval, we received a call regarding egg count, but we didn't receive a day 3 embryo report. Not sure if we were supposed to since we were transferring day 5s, but we ended up calling to get an update.
Aline Ketefian
2015, Successful
I did two rounds of IVF. Neither time did any embryos make it to freezing. The first time didn't work, but I felt Dr Paulson really looked at different options for me and the next time it was successful! Dr Paulson is blunt, but very nice.
I got the feeling this [USC Fertility] isn't a clinic where they will hold your hand or be OK if you call twenty times a day...Monitoring hours are in the morning. Since I had to go to work they were great about letting me come in a little early.
How was your experience with Richard Paulson at USC?
I got the feeling this isn't a clinic where they will hold your hand or be OK if you call twenty times a day.......I never really needed that so the experience was great for me, but just keep that in mind.
Dr Paulson is blunt, but very nice. He's also rated one of the top fertility docs in the nation, so I didn't mind that he was blunt.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at USC.
The nurses here can draw blood so quick you don't even feel it! Which is huge when your getting a blood draw three times a week.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at USC.
Someone did forget to call me and tell me what time to take my trigger shot, but it was just an oversight and they apologized.
Richard Paulson
2015, Unsuccessful
Dr. Bendikson is incredibly knowledgeable and compassionate. She works with an amazing team, and I would recommend USC Fertility to anyone... The entire team of doctors and nurses all know and care about my treatment. I didn't realize how much I needed that connection until I had it.
It's a well-oiled machine at [USC Fertility]; however, the clinic is not as big as others & the doctors meet with you in person every time, so sometimes the wait for ultrasounds can be longer... The entire team of doctors and nurses all know and care about my treatment. I didn't realize how much I needed that connection until I had it.
How was your experience with Kristin Bendikson at USC?
Ask all the questions you want. She'll answer them.
USC Fertility is amazing. The entire team of doctors and nurses all know and care about my treatment. I didn't realize how much I needed that connection until I had it. My previous doctor's office was super busy, and I never saw or spoke with my doctor until my egg retrieval. At USC Fertility, it's always a doctor who does the ultrasounds, and they all know where I am in the cycle and how I'm doing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at USC. (Assigned nurse: Vicki)
Vicki is dedicated to her job in such a wonderful way. She gives me her full attention and is very thorough.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at USC.
It's a well-oiled machine at USC; however, the clinic is not as big as others & the doctors meet with you in person every time, so sometimes the wait for ultrasounds can be longer.
2013 - 2015, Unsuccessful
He [Dr Jabara] is very sensitive and encouraging...Very thorough and knows his field...Make sure you come up with specific questions when visit[ing]....Darlene [nurse at USC Fertility] was very responsive and detail oriented. Always answered my questions and helped me through the process. Cynthia was also very helpful and supportive. They were part of my family during the process
How was your experience with Sami Jabara at USC?
Very thorough and knows his field
Make sure you come up with specific questions when visit
He is very sensitive and encouraging
12 eggs retrieved, 9 was matured to fertilized, 4 embryos and implanted with one survived for 6 weeks then miscarriage due to maternal chromosome adnormality
Describe your experience with your nurse at USC. (Assigned nurse: rn lauren then rn Darlene Estrada)
Darlene was very responsive and detail oriented. Always answered my questions and helped me through the process. Cynthia was also very helpful and supportive. They were part of my family during the process
About 13000