1127 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90017
213.975.9990

2014, 19 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Bendikson did all of my ultrasounds and of course the procedure, and I appreciated her candid, matter of fact nature...Will be totally upfront with you about what to expect from the procedure, and adjusts the dosages of he medications as necessary.
The care was generally good, though most of my in person treatment was with my RN, who was terrific. [The USC Fertility nurses were ] warm, kind and always kept me up to date on my test results.
How was your experience with Kristin Bendikson at USC?
She's very pleasant but not overly saccharine. Will be totally upfront with you about what to expect from the procedure, and adjusts the dosages of he medications as necessary.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kristin Bendikson at USC?
Don't expect someone super touchy feely.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kristin Bendikson at USC?
The care was generally good, though most of my in person treatment was with my RN, who was terrific. Dr. Bendickson did all of my ultrasounds and of course the procedure, and I appreciated her candid, matter of fact nature.
Describe your experience with your nurse at USC. (Assigned nurse: Victoria )
Warm, kind and always kept me up to date on my test results.
Describe your experience with USC.
Usc fertility handles a variety of fertility related issues.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at USC.
Very easy - I went in during the monitoring hours and never waited longer than 30 minutes to be seen.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kristin Bendikson at USC.
About 12,000 for the entire egg freezing regimen and retrieval.
Kristin Bendikson
USC

2013, Successful
He [Dr. Sami Jabara] was quirky and direct with a good sense of humor. He gave the sense of trying to feed his patients good/positive energy. My main issues w my experience w him was that he split his time between usc and kaiser and seemed overworked and that it was a difficult pace to maintain...He seemed very attentive to me when we interacted....Go with the flow with his sense of humor...Poor communication between lab/nurse/doctor.
Poor communication [at USC Fertility] between lab/nurse/doctor. Still were using paper systems which led to errors in my care...Was told incorrect number of embryos after first frozen embryo transfer and then given incorrect info one more time after that!!...[Nurse] Darlene was cold and gave me incorrect information about the number of embryos I had left. I really disliked the way she talked to me and she never apologized... I was seen within 20 minutes of my time
How was your experience with Sami Jabara at USC?
He was quirky and direct with a good sense of humor. He gave the sense of trying to feed his patients good/positive energy. My main issues w my experience w him was that he split his time between usc and kaiser and seemed overworked and that it was a difficult pace to maintain. I also got really frustrated by his nurse when I came back for an attempt at a second child. It was a new nurse and she was cold and gave me incorrect information about how many embryos I had left, which ultimately led to my trying a new clinic.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sami Jabara at USC?
Go with the flow with his sense of humor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sami Jabara at USC?
He seemed very attentive to me when we interacted. However I felt the clinic was not as good as the specific doctor
Describe the protocols Sami Jabara used in your cycles at USC and their degree of success.
I was on bcps for suppression pre-cycle then gonal-f, menopur and ganirelix. I responded super well and got lots of eggs. No major adjustments were necessary!
Describe your experience with your nurse at USC. (Assigned nurse: Lauren Garbutt and Darlene Estrada)
Lauren was great but the. She moved to Portland. Darlene was cold and gave me incorrect information about the number of embryos I had left. I really disliked the way she talked to me and she never apologized.
Describe your experience with USC.
Poor communication between lab/nurse/doctor. Still were using paper systems which led to errors in my care
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at USC.
It was usually fine and I was seen within 20 minutes of my time
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sami Jabara at USC.
I paid out of pocket for an Ivf icsi cycle that included all monitoring but excluded pre treatment testing. It was around 10k. Plus then paid for meds separately. I had no insurance coverage at the time.
Describe Sami Jabara's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at USC.
I transferred two day 3 embryos initially. When I came. Ack for frozen embryo transfers we strongly wanted eSet. He seemed to push for multiple but we said no and he didn't bring it up again.
What specific things went wrong at USC?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at USC.
Sami Jabara