7.3

6450 38th Avenue North
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
13330 USF Laurel Dr.
Tampa, FL 33612

He [Dr. Shayne Plosker] first wanted me to start Clomid but I told him I already did four rounds of it and I did not like the side effects it gave me. He decided to start me on a different med with less side effects. And it worked got pregnant the first month we used that in conjunction with IUI. Unfortunately it ended up in a miscarriage. But he said that it did work And we will try it again.
Usf health is a good fertility clinic if your insurance doesnt cover fertility treatments. They are reasonable in price and everyone is nice. The only downside is I live about an hour away I wish they had an office closer to me that did the treatments there. I would definitely recommend them to to a friend.... IUI was about 700 every treatment plus trigger shot and meds that were abother 120$ over all this is hundreds of dollars less than most places .
How was your experience with Shayne Plosker at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology?
Dr plosker has a good bed side manor. Very compassionate and understanding . never felt like i was being rushed to finish my appointment. Always answered every question I had without a problem. He had a good fertility plan set up for me due to my specific medical background history.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shayne Plosker at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology?
Don’t expect him to change his fertility plan he has set for you. He will not do it. I asked to come in a day early for my ultrasound and he refused. He said that not his plan for me. Definitely not flexible for appointments either. Hard to get there when they want you to be for appointments .
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shayne Plosker at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology?
He was a very good listener. Took his time to answer any questions I had and never rushed me.
Describe the protocols Shayne Plosker used in your cycles at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology and their degree of success.
He first wanted me to start Clomid but I told him I already did four rounds of it and I did not like the side effects it gave me. He decided to start me on a different med with less side effects. And it worked got pregnant the first month we used that in conjunction with IUI. Unfortunately it ended up in a miscarriage. But he said that it did work And we will try it again.
Describe your experience with your nurse at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology. (Assigned nurse: Robin)
Always answers any questions i have with a Good attitude. Always friendly and compassionate.
Describe your experience with USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shayne Plosker at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.

2013 - 2018, Unknown Success
He’s [Dr. James Mayer] very detailed in explaining, makes you feel comfortable and makes sure you understand and are following along. He has made me feelcomfortable during procedures and I was never scared going into treatments or surgery with him.... I got 10 eggs, 7 mature and 7 fertilized through icsi. I transferred 2 and then 1 almost made it to freeze but did not. I had a chemical pregnancy from that transfer.
I was not called [by a staff member at USF IVF] with a pregnant test result. although I new it because I could look it up online I was failed to be notified that I need to have another blood drawl to get my HCG to zero after my miscarriage. this made it difficult to start my next procedure because I need to have that blood drawl before it happened and it was months later at this point. I also feel sometimes I was out on a ledge as to what should happen next. I would run tests and then not really know what the next step would be.
How was your experience with James Mayer at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology?
He’s very detailed in explaining, makes you feel comfortable and makes sure you understand and are following along. He has made me feelcomfortable during procedures and I was never scared going into treatments or surgery with him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of James Mayer at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology?
Be patient
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with James Mayer at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology?
He explains things very well. And makes me feel very comfortable
Describe the protocols James Mayer used in your cycles at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology and their degree of success.
If I believe correctly we did a normal protocol. I remember the nurse saying this is the usual go to for the treatment for the average cycle. I believe I had a good outcome. I had possible diminished ovarian reserve. I remember taking menapur 2 powders, lupron, and Gonal F 300 units. Im not sure why the dr prescribe it the way he did. I just trusted him and did what they told me. I got 10 eggs, 7 mature and 7 fertilized through icsi. I transferred 2 and then 1 almost made it to freeze but did not. I had a chemical pregnancy from that transfer.
they actually were very nice. I like my main nurse a lot. they returned calls quickly. made me feel valued.
Describe your experience with USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
like any dr office I feel like some workers are better than others, once you get the person you like the best just continue to ask for that person. Robin is my go to person. I feel like she knows me and cares more. I just ask for her when making my apps. The only downfall to this clinic is its a teaching clinic which I am fine with but because of that the drs are in the office only certain days/weeks so getting an appointment can take months or very long weeks.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
I make my on work schedule so it was fine for me. I knew they always did them in the morning so it was ok.
Describe the costs associated with your care under James Mayer at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
ifv was 10,700 with icsi. meds were separate. Iuis were 650 for basic with monitoring, they price raised half way through our 6 we did to $700. pre opt testing was covered under insurance.
What specific things went wrong at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
I was not called with a pregnant test result. although I new it because I could look it up online I was failed to be notified that I need to have another blood drawl to get my HCG to zero after my miscarriage. this made it difficult to start my next procedure because I need to have that blood drawl before it happened and it was months later at this point. I also feel sometimes I was out on a ledge as to what should happen next. I would run tests and then not really know what the next step would be.
James Mayer
Tampa
He [Dr. Plosker] is very knowledgeable and open to talking about different routes needed for treatment options. He is not a fluffy super compassionate person but he balances emotions well and applied when needed.... Dr. Plosker would not transfer 2 embryos because I was still 36 during the time of the procedure. The transfer was unsuccessful.... I wish he would have transferred 2 embryos instead of 1. My frozen embryo cycle will cost an additional $5,000 out of pocket. He did state I can transfer both of them during that cycle at least.
They [USF IVF] are more affordable than other facilities since it's a research facility and they have some grants that allow meds to be cheaper.... Their technology and facilities were great! Cutting edge, clean, and easy to access. Because it's such a big program, you have to go in understanding that. I also like it because it's a research facility. I liked having the college students in on some of the visits observing. It makes you feel like even though your outcomes are necessarily what you wanted, at least you are still contributing to education and research
He is very knowledgeable and open to talking about different routes needed for treatment options. He is not a fluffy super compassionate person but he balances emotions well and applied when needed.
Come in with a plan and know what direction you are thinking and be willing to discuss.
This one is hard because USF IVF is so big and I know the 3 doctors see so many patients. Even keeping that in mind, I think they did a good job of making me feel like a human.
IVF cycle using donor sperm and ICSI. Started with Lupron shots in the AM (10 ml) for about 10 days and then decreased dosage (5ml) of those shots while continuing them in the AM. Added PM shot of Gonal F injectable pen (75) as well as menopur (1 powder). Kept on that same regimen through the cycle until trigger shot with HCG after having bloodwork and ultrasound done every other day leading up to egg retrieval to monitor estradiol and follicles. Retrieved 10 eggs and all 10 fertilized. Only 3 made it to 5 day blastocyst stage and 1 fresh embryo transfer took place. The other 2 were frozen. One is a grade 2 and the other is a grade 4bb I believe. I am unsure what the grade of the embryo that was transferred. Dr. Plosker would not transfer 2 embryos because I was still 36 during the time of the procedure. The transfer was unsuccessful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology. (Assigned nurse: Joy Taylor)
They have a great system and their care paperwork and phone tree was easy to follow. They returned calls quickly and were very organized.
Describe your experience with USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
Their technology and facilities were great! Cutting edge, clean, and easy to access. Because it's such a big program, you have to go in understanding that. I also like it because it's a research facility. I liked having the college students in on some of the visits observing. It makes you feel like even though your outcomes are necessarily what you wanted, at least you are still contributing to education and research to help for future treatments and doctors.
They are more affordable than other facilities since it's a research facility and they have some grants that allow meds to be cheaper.
Describe Shayne Plosker's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
Since I only had 3 embryos, I was self pay and I just turned 37, I wish he would have transferred 2 embryos instead of 1. My frozen embryo cycle will cost an additional $5,000 out of pocket. He did state I can transfer both of them during that cycle at least.
What specific things went wrong at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology?
The IVF coordinator did not add my Lupron meds to the list of medications, syringes, needles etc that were needed when I start my cycle. I went to pick up all of my meds from their pharmacy the evening before I was scheduled to start my Lupron shots and we realized it hadn't been submitted. It was after 5pm so we had to call the on call doctor to find out what was going to happen. My shot was schedule to start at 8am the next morning and that was the ONLY med that I needed right away and didn't have yet. Luckily he said as long as I took the shot before 1pm it would be fine. The coordinator called in the Lupron med first thing the next morning and I was able to get it and take it by 11am.

Investment Banker
She [Dr. Henne] called me on the weekend when she was off to walk me through my lining check. I really felt like she was on our team wanting a pregnancy...She is up to date on current research. I felt like she was on our team and really tried all avenues. I didn’t feel like a number. There was a personalized approach to my treatment and protocol. Great bed side manner... Henne recommended a scratch before the next transfer and also put me on metanx for my MTHFR gene mutation.
Leslie [nurse at USF IVF] became my friend through this journey. When she called to tell me the first FET failed she called me the next day and a week later to check on me. I felt like she was fully vested in our journey...I feel like they take an outside of the box approach with protocols and treatments. They are pretty conservative. Getting in to start the process is painfully long. You have to stay on top of them (Joy) so things don’t fall thru the cracks and cause delays. Since it’s an educational practice associated with a university the doctors are also teachers. Their costs are a little cheaper than other local clinics and you get access to meds from the hospital which beats any pharmacy.
How was your experience with Melinda Henne at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Melinda Henne at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology?
She called me on the weekend when she was off to walk me through my lining check. I really felt like she was on our team wanting a pregnancy.
Describe the protocols Melinda Henne used in your cycles at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology and their degree of success.
I had a problem with thin lining. We cancelled two FETs, did two ERAs and eventually did on unsuccessful FET with another dr in the practice. They never checked my lining. Henne recommended a scratch before the next transfer and also put me on metanx for my MTHFR gene mutation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology. (Assigned nurse: Leslie Moya)
Leslie became my friend through this journey. When she called to tell me the first FET failed she called me the next day and a week later to check on me. I felt like she was fully vested in our journey. Amanda is also amazing. Joy, on the other hand, was an awful communicator and had no compassion. Do not recommend working with Joy
Describe your experience with USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Melinda Henne at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
Insurance covered my retrieval. We paid $4100 for the FET
Describe Melinda Henne's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
We only had 1 embryo
Melinda Henne

2015, Successful
Once he realized we were also having secondary fertility issues he began looking into solutions. Most communication was through nurses and office staff. I did have trouble getting return calls until I was going through actual cycles with them...I felt like everything was just following typical protocol instead of cycles being more personalized for my issues.... Plosker was there for the 2 ultrasounds. He was quite friendly....I pushed to try Femara instead. I asked to change my monitoring date because I believed I was ovulating early.
The main fertility room [USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology] is housed in an OBGYN office. This is difficult to go through check in with all the pregnant women in line....I did have issues with billing. I remember paying in full for a cycle that got canceled....I had to sit and wait for financial before they would see me at my appointment....I did have some communication issues with getting returned calls at times...I believe total cost for one iui cycle including medication and monitoring was a little less than $1000.
I went to Dr. Plosker because he came to my town in the same clinic as my OBGYN. Turns out it was his last day affiliated with them. I had to drive 45min to his main office every appointment, but there was no RE in town. I felt like he thought I was only there to find out about why I had a 16w loss. Once he realized we were also having secondary fertility issues he began looking into solutions. Most communication was through nurses and office staff. I did have trouble getting return calls until I was going through actual cycles with them. I did have issues with cysts and had to cancel several cycles. During one cycle, no one seemed to know whether I should just go home because of a cyst or what. I'm the one that suggested testing estrogen as I had done in the past. I expected another canceled cycle, but found out the cyst wasn't producing. This iui cycle was the cycle that worked. Dr. Plosker wasn't there for this...he was out of country. I had twins from the cycle. I think we were all surprised that both follicles took after 1.5yrs of nothing working. Plosker was there for the 2 ultrasounds. He was quite friendly. He did end up affiliating with another clinic in my town so I was able to get a little monitoring closer to home. I'm grateful for going to Dr. Plosker. My twins are now 14m.
Make sure you research and advocate for yourself. If a treatment isn't giving great results ask for something else. (Ie clomid made me ovulate early and gave cysts. I used Femara next. I also knew I ovulated early on meds and was able to let them know).
Most cycles were TI cycles with progesterone (early spotting). Eventually, I given clomid first with no monitoring. I ovulated really early and wasn't even able to try. When I tried a monitored cycle I had multiple cysts from the clomid. I had to sit out several cycles. I pushed to try Femara instead. I asked to change my monitoring date because I believed I was ovulating early. I had 2 follicles (17mm and 21mm). I used a trigger shot and had an iui 48hrs later. It resulted in twins. Most of my previous appointments were to rule out causes for my 16w loss 2 years before.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
I did have some communication issues with getting returned calls at times. Once I was fully involved in a cycle and not TI it was better.
Describe your experience with USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
The main fertility room is housed in an OBGYN office. This is difficult to go through check in with all the pregnant women in line. There is a separate glass door though once you go in.
I paid about $650 for an iui (no insurance coverage for fertility). I believe total cost for one iui cycle including medication and monitoring was a little less than $1000.
What specific things went wrong at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology?
I did have issues with billing. I remember paying in full for a cycle that got canceled. They had trouble understanding how to get that money applied to a cycle that was able to move forward. I had to sit and wait for financial before they would see me at my appointment.
Tampa

He’s [Dr. Anthony Imudia] very honest on his plan of action if he thinks something will work he will tell you honestly if he doesn’t he will let you know it’s not worth trying . Definitely helps when you’re paying out of pocket with no insurance coverage for fertility treatments.... He’s just very understanding from the second I sat down with him he answered all the questions I had and was stressing about . He Gave me his honest opinion on what I should do throughout my fertility journey. I definitely trust his plan of care for me.
I would definitely recommend this clinic [USF IVF and Reproductive Endo- Tampa] to a friend. The only thing I had a problem with is getting there during the week since it’s so far away from where I live. I wish there Sarasota office offered more procedures .... She [the nurse] was awesome . Very friendly every time I talk to her on the phone. always return my calls in a timely manner
How was your experience with Anthony Imudia at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology?
He was awesome! Definitely smart when it come to RE. Loves to explain every course of treatment so you know what to expect. No surprises. Very compassionate with his patients. I hope to have him as my dr again.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Anthony Imudia at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology?
He’s definitely one of the best doctors I’ve had. Very understanding and compassionate with his patients. He always tried to explain his coarse of action before doing anything. So i felt comfortable before doing any procedure or starting new medications. I trust him in whatever decision he makes for my fertility journey.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Anthony Imudia at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology?
Describe the protocols Anthony Imudia used in your cycles at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology and their degree of success.
He’s very honest on his plan of action if he thinks something will work he will tell you honestly if he doesn’t he will let you know it’s not worth trying . Definitely helps when you’re paying out of pocket with no insurance coverage for fertility treatments.
She was awesome . Very friendly every time I talk to her on the phone. always return my calls in a timely manner
Describe your experience with USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
I would definitely recommend this clinic to a friend. The only thing I had a problem with is getting there during the week since it’s so far away from where I live. I wish there Sarasota office offered more procedures .
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anthony Imudia at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
Each IUI cycle cost $700, then another $120 for meds
Anthony Imudia
Tampa
[Dr. Mayer] was very informative. Made sure I understood. Very truthful about possible outcomes with my age.... I did a fresh transfer which resulted in a negative pregnancy. During the follow up appointment, I was told better outcomes happen with frozen transfers. I wish this was presented to me during the first cycle. That is my only complaint about my experience with Dr. Myers. Otherwise, he was a very good doctor...For my age, Dr. Myers would only transfer two embryos.
Strengths [at USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology] *Most or all appointments were in the same building or across the street to the main hospital. *Financial Specialist always contacted me beforehand to give me the cost of the visit prior to my appointment *check in process and staff was always easy and fast Weakness *small waiting area for patients. *USF partners with TGH hospital and completes some of the services in that TGH building. The out of pocket cost for the ultrasound was $300 but I later received a $1200 bill from TGH for a facility fee charge. Which I think is unfair for patients seeing USF physicians. All services need to take place at a USF facility for patients to avoid extra cost
Very informative and honest. I did a fresh transfer which resulted in a negative pregnancy. During the follow up appointment, I was told better outcomes happen with frozen transfers. I wish this was presented to me during the first cycle. That is my only complaint about my experience with Dr. Myers. Otherwise, he was a very good doctor.
Always ask questions.
Dr. Myers was very informative. Made sure I understood. Very truthful about possible outcomes with my age
Not sure
Always nice when visiting the office. Most remember your face so it made it more comforting.
Describe your experience with USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
Strengths *Most or all appointments were in the same building or across the street to the main hospital. *Financial Specialist always contacted me beforehand to give me the cost of the visit prior to my appointment *check in process and staff was always easy and fast Weakness *small waiting area for patients. *USF partners with TGH hospital and completes some of the services in that TGH building. The out of pocket cost for the ultrasound was $300 but I later received a $1200 bill from TGH for a facility fee charge. Which I think is unfair for patients seeing USF physicians. All services need to take place at a USF facility for patients to avoid extra cost
Before the IVF procedure, we spent at least $2000 out of pocket for consultation and ultrasounds. The IVF procedure was $10k and medications $1300
Describe James Mayer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
For my age, Dr. Myers would only transfer two embryos.
James Mayer

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
I feel that he [Dr. Anthony Imudia] is very sincere and confident while I have been under his care. After two successful laparoscopic surgeries I’m on my way to IVF...is very thorough when explained then steps we needed to take to begin my IVF treatment...He makes me feel like an individual by getting excited about goals being reached and steps forward. There is a lot of descriptive communication so I always know what to expect through the process.
I feel they are very efficient and effective [at USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology]. They can be a bit unreasonable at times but overall nice. I called in for a prescription after my surgery and there was not very much communication which resulted in me suffering for longer. I also believe the entire staff goes to lunch at the same time which is not communicated. There are very nice staff when you are checking in...
Anthony imudia is very thorough when explained then steps we needed to take to begin my IVF treatment. Knowing that he is confident in the success of the process we are in makes me fulfilled on my journey. He makes me feel like an individual by getting excited about goals being reached and steps forward. There is a lot of descriptive communication so I always know what to expect through the process.
Listen to his instructions and trust in him.
I feel that he is very sincere and confident while I have been under his care. After two successful laparoscopic surgeries I’m on my way to IVF.
I didn’t have any cycles yet. We just removed both of my Fallopian tubes and I’m currently healing. He was genuine and respects my journey.
They were very comforting and concerned throughout my stay.
Describe your experience with USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
I feel they are very efficient and effective. They can be a bit unreasonable at times but overall nice. I called in for a prescription after my surgery and there was not very much communication which resulted in me suffering for longer. I also believe the entire staff goes to lunch at the same time which is not communicated. There are very nice staff when you are checking in.
I don’t remember
What specific things went wrong at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology?
When I was in pain after surgery I had to wait some time to get the problem resolved and there was lack of communication
Anthony Imudia
Tampa
Shayne Plosker always did his best to achieve what was needed and let me know every course of action he took. He advised me that right off the bat IVF would be needed to conceive. That IUI treatment would not bring the results we wanted.... Dr Plosker, had extremely amazing beside manner and did not sugar coat but wasn't harsh. He let me know exactly what was needed.... ake your time and sit to discuss every possible opportunity that he and the clinic can give you.
It [USF IVF and Reproductive Endo] is a very clean and precise clinic. The only fall back is waiting forever to get in and checked. The staff is very warm and welcoming. The are quick when they take you back and make sure you are extremely comfortable before doing anything type of process... The nursing staff are very warming and welcoming to each and every patient they see. Just the wait time to get in was absurd.
Take your time and sit to discuss every possible opportunity that he and the clinic can give you.
Describe your experience with USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
It is a very clean and precise clinic. The only fall back is waiting forever to get in and checked. The staff is very warm and welcoming. The are quick when they take you back and make sure you are extremely comfortable before doing anything type of process
We paid every cycle and medication that was given to us. As well ass each visit with Doctor Plosker