7.3

6450 38th Avenue North
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
13330 USF Laurel Dr.
Tampa, FL 33612

Dr. Ploskar was wonderful at answering my questions. He took the time to talk to me when I had appointments with him...was clear, concise, and had no issue explaining his reasoning behind different paths we could and should take. He didn't have the most warm bedside manner, but he wasn't cruel or rude. Just matter of fact. For me, it was more important that I have a thorough understanding of every decision we were making than to have someone who was warm and fuzzy.
I have a shellfish allergy. My doctor [at USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology] sent me for an HSG, which injects an iodine solution inside you. I had multiple phone calls with nurses to make sure that I was on the correct cocktail of medications to ensure that I was not going to have a major allergic event. After the test, I was supposed to hear back from my doctor/nurse. I never did, so I called. It turns out that my doctor left USF for Shady Grove weeks prior. No one mentioned that to me, during the multiple conversations about medication. No one called to tell me I was no longer under his care. None of the nurses said anything to me when I checked in for my HSG. I had an allergen injected into m
How was your experience with Shayne Plosker at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology?
Dr. Plosker was clear, concise, and had no issue explaining his reasoning behind different paths we could and should take. He didn't have the most warm bedside manner, but he wasn't cruel or rude. Just matter of fact. For me, it was more important that I have a thorough understanding of every decision we were making than to have someone who was warm and fuzzy.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shayne Plosker at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology?
Don't expect a warm and overly inviting doctor. He is very matter of fact.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shayne Plosker at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology?
Dr. Ploskar was wonderful at answering my questions. He took the time to talk to me when I had appointments with him. I understand, in his position, that he was very busy. I wish I know beforehand whether I was meeting with him or his nurse. Sometime I met with the nurse and she'd have to talk to him another time and get back to me. She always got back to me in a timely manner, I just wish I could have had more one on one time with him
Describe the protocols Shayne Plosker used in your cycles at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology and their degree of success.
My previous doctor had run a blood test that showed I ovulated, but my progesterone had been low. That doctor had me on topical progesterone. Plosker explained to me the shortcomings of topical and why he thought that oral would help me more. Knowing what my progesterone had been, he wasn't certain that I was actually ovulating every cycle, so he started monthly bloodwork. It turns out, he was correct. It's pretty rare for me to ovulate. At this point, we've tried clomid, letrozole, and metformin trying to get me to ovulate. None have worked. I have an appointment with him next week to discuss injectable options. At this point, our goal is to get my ovulating and trying to conceive naturally for a few cycles. If, at that point, we are still unsuccessful, we are going to move to IVF, most likely with ICSI because of some MFI issues.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
The nursing staff were incredibly friendly and got back to me quickly; however, they made a major (in my opinion) mistake and I am no longer comfortable going to USF. I have a shellfish allergy. My doctor sent me for an HSG, which injects an iodine solution inside you. I had multiple phone calls with nurses to make sure that I was on the correct cocktail of medications to ensure that I was not going to have a major allergic event. After the test, I was supposed to hear back from my doctor/nurse. I never did, so I called. It turns out that my doctor left USF for Shady Grove weeks prior. No one mentioned that to me, during the multiple conversations about medication. No one called to tell me I was no longer under his care. None of the nurses said anything to me when I checked in for my HSG. I had an allergen injected into my body and I was not under a doctor's care and no one told me.
Describe your experience with USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
I would never go back to USF again. As I stated prior in this review, USF neglected to tell me that my doctor had left. I have a shellfish allergy and I had communicated multiple times with USF nurses and staff about additional medications I should be taking to avoid an allergic reaction during my HSG. I was injected with an allergen and no one told me my doctor left and I was not under a doctor's care. Once I called the clinic and was told this, I asked what next steps were, since I was supposed to make an appointment after the HSG to discuss injectibles. The clinic told me that there were no openings, and despite already waiting months to get in with Dr. Plosker, I had to, yet again, get on a waitlist to see another doctor there. I was a patient in active treatment. It's been a month. No one from USF has reached out to me. I am out of refills on my medications. I found Dr. Ploskar at Shady Grove and I'm not awaiting an appointment with him there to continue treatment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shayne Plosker at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
So far, my insurance has covered most of my appointments, so there havent been any surprises
Describe Shayne Plosker's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
The clinic my doctor is currently at says that the do not see greater results with multiple embryo transfers. I trust them and agree that, if that is true, I dont want to risk complications
What specific things went wrong at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
The doctor left my clinic before a procedure that was scheduled for me. The procedure used iodine and I have a seafood allergy, so I was on a gamut of medications to prevent an allergic reaction. No one told me the doctor left. I was injected with an allergen and I was not under a doctor's care. This is dangerous. No one called me after the procedure to discuss results and next steps. When I called, they told me that the doctor had left and that there were no openings available to continue treatment with another doctor. I would have to stop my current treatment and go on a waitlist.
St. Petersburg

He [Dr. Shayne Plosker] first wanted me to start Clomid but I told him I already did four rounds of it and I did not like the side effects it gave me. He decided to start me on a different med with less side effects. And it worked got pregnant the first month we used that in conjunction with IUI. Unfortunately it ended up in a miscarriage. But he said that it did work And we will try it again.
Usf health is a good fertility clinic if your insurance doesnt cover fertility treatments. They are reasonable in price and everyone is nice. The only downside is I live about an hour away I wish they had an office closer to me that did the treatments there. I would definitely recommend them to to a friend.... IUI was about 700 every treatment plus trigger shot and meds that were abother 120$ over all this is hundreds of dollars less than most places .
Dr plosker has a good bed side manor. Very compassionate and understanding . never felt like i was being rushed to finish my appointment. Always answered every question I had without a problem. He had a good fertility plan set up for me due to my specific medical background history.
Don’t expect him to change his fertility plan he has set for you. He will not do it. I asked to come in a day early for my ultrasound and he refused. He said that not his plan for me. Definitely not flexible for appointments either. Hard to get there when they want you to be for appointments .
He was a very good listener. Took his time to answer any questions I had and never rushed me.
He first wanted me to start Clomid but I told him I already did four rounds of it and I did not like the side effects it gave me. He decided to start me on a different med with less side effects. And it worked got pregnant the first month we used that in conjunction with IUI. Unfortunately it ended up in a miscarriage. But he said that it did work And we will try it again.
Describe your experience with your nurse at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology. (Assigned nurse: Robin)
Always answers any questions i have with a Good attitude. Always friendly and compassionate.
Tampa

He’s [Dr. Anthony Imudia] very honest on his plan of action if he thinks something will work he will tell you honestly if he doesn’t he will let you know it’s not worth trying . Definitely helps when you’re paying out of pocket with no insurance coverage for fertility treatments.... He’s just very understanding from the second I sat down with him he answered all the questions I had and was stressing about . He Gave me his honest opinion on what I should do throughout my fertility journey. I definitely trust his plan of care for me.
I would definitely recommend this clinic [USF IVF and Reproductive Endo- Tampa] to a friend. The only thing I had a problem with is getting there during the week since it’s so far away from where I live. I wish there Sarasota office offered more procedures .... She [the nurse] was awesome . Very friendly every time I talk to her on the phone. always return my calls in a timely manner
How was your experience with Anthony Imudia at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology?
He was awesome! Definitely smart when it come to RE. Loves to explain every course of treatment so you know what to expect. No surprises. Very compassionate with his patients. I hope to have him as my dr again.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Anthony Imudia at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology?
He’s definitely one of the best doctors I’ve had. Very understanding and compassionate with his patients. He always tried to explain his coarse of action before doing anything. So i felt comfortable before doing any procedure or starting new medications. I trust him in whatever decision he makes for my fertility journey.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Anthony Imudia at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology?
Describe the protocols Anthony Imudia used in your cycles at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology and their degree of success.
He’s very honest on his plan of action if he thinks something will work he will tell you honestly if he doesn’t he will let you know it’s not worth trying . Definitely helps when you’re paying out of pocket with no insurance coverage for fertility treatments.
She was awesome . Very friendly every time I talk to her on the phone. always return my calls in a timely manner
Describe your experience with USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
I would definitely recommend this clinic to a friend. The only thing I had a problem with is getting there during the week since it’s so far away from where I live. I wish there Sarasota office offered more procedures .
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anthony Imudia at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
Each IUI cycle cost $700, then another $120 for meds
Tampa
He [Dr. Anthony Imudia] was wonderful, always talked to me and answered all my questions. Very kind doctor...He is a very thorough doctor. Tells me his honest opinion and doesn’t sugar coat anything. He is Always on time when I have an appointment. He is very professional and has perfect bed side manner. My husband and I experienced a miscarriage this past year and he was very comforting and sincere when he gave us the news. He sat with us and helped us decide what we should do next.
Every IUI i had cost us about $700 dollars plus 100$ for meds [at USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology]...I think one of the clinics weaknesses is not having any satellite offices to be able to get your ultrasounds done at. I am about an hour away and sometimes would have to go up there three or four times a week for monitoring I wish they had an office closer to me...[nurse was] Very sincere every time I talk to her always tries to keep me positive even though I’ve had a rough day. She is one of the nicest nurses I’ve spoke to at USF Health
Just know you might not see Dr Imudia at every visit. Sometimes you might see his nurse practitioner or another dr there
He was wonderful, always talked to me and answered all my questions. Very kind doctor.
Dr Imudia had me take 7.5 mg of Femera for 5 days. Then come in for ultrasounds on day 11- if my follicle was the right size they would have me take my trigger shot. 36 hours later I would come back for my IUI. Two days later I would start my progesterone 200mg two x day
Every IUI i had cost us about $700 dollars plus 100$ for meds
Describe Anthony Imudia's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
St. Petersburg
I love Dr. Imudia! He is so compassionate during a tough journey! When i went for my egg retrieval he held my hand until I was asleep. I know to many that may not mean much but it was so sweet an caring and sometimes the little things go a long way.... My first cycle we started on a low dose for IVF meds and realized my body needed higher doses so we adjusted. When it came to round two Dr. Imudia really had a better understanding of how my body reacted to the meds and created a protocol that was best suited for me
They [USF IVF] do take a while to get into as a new patient. Although I have not got my miracle baby yet I would highly recommend this place. They are very caring and compassionate. Their communication with their patients has always been amazing.... Monitoring appointments were only a issue on the weekends. It is slammed on the weekends.... I love Dr. Imudia! He is so compassionate during a tough journey! When i went for my egg retrieval he held my hand until I was asleep.
Dr.Imudia has been a wonderful Dr. My first cycle we started on a low dose for IVF meds and realized my body needed higher doses so we adjusted. When it came to round two Dr. Imudia really had a better understanding of how my body reacted to the meds and created a protocol that was best suited for me without having me be over stimulated.
He is worth the wait!
I love Dr. Imudia! He is so compassionate during a tough journey! When i went for my egg retrieval he held my hand until I was asleep. I know to many that may not mean much but it was so sweet an caring and sometimes the little things go a long way. He is an amazing Doctor!
Describe your experience with your nurse at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology. (Assigned nurse: Kristen)
The communication has been fantastic.
Describe your experience with USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
They do take a while to get into as a new patient. Although I have not got my miracle baby yet I would highly recommend this place. They are very caring and compassionate. Their communication with their patients has always been amazing.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
My first fresh transfer of a single embryo did not take. Not PGS tested. Second FET (2 embryos) one took but ended in miscarriage. Not PGS tested. About to Do my Next FET Of (1 PGS tested embryo) next month

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
I feel that he [Dr. Anthony Imudia] is very sincere and confident while I have been under his care. After two successful laparoscopic surgeries I’m on my way to IVF...is very thorough when explained then steps we needed to take to begin my IVF treatment...He makes me feel like an individual by getting excited about goals being reached and steps forward. There is a lot of descriptive communication so I always know what to expect through the process.
I feel they are very efficient and effective [at USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology]. They can be a bit unreasonable at times but overall nice. I called in for a prescription after my surgery and there was not very much communication which resulted in me suffering for longer. I also believe the entire staff goes to lunch at the same time which is not communicated. There are very nice staff when you are checking in...
Anthony imudia is very thorough when explained then steps we needed to take to begin my IVF treatment. Knowing that he is confident in the success of the process we are in makes me fulfilled on my journey. He makes me feel like an individual by getting excited about goals being reached and steps forward. There is a lot of descriptive communication so I always know what to expect through the process.
Listen to his instructions and trust in him.
I feel that he is very sincere and confident while I have been under his care. After two successful laparoscopic surgeries I’m on my way to IVF.
I didn’t have any cycles yet. We just removed both of my Fallopian tubes and I’m currently healing. He was genuine and respects my journey.
They were very comforting and concerned throughout my stay.
Describe your experience with USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
I feel they are very efficient and effective. They can be a bit unreasonable at times but overall nice. I called in for a prescription after my surgery and there was not very much communication which resulted in me suffering for longer. I also believe the entire staff goes to lunch at the same time which is not communicated. There are very nice staff when you are checking in.
I don’t remember
What specific things went wrong at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology?
When I was in pain after surgery I had to wait some time to get the problem resolved and there was lack of communication
2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr.Imudia's bedside manner was excellent. He treated me as like I was family. I felt very comfortable with him... He is very knowlegable and completely passionate about what he does. He was very thorough throught my journey...next step is IUI OR IVF. I Have never had any issues with him. He is so kind and very gentle. Which is very important when dealing with infertility. I am glad i found such an amazing compassionate doctor. He is the only one i trust.
The only thing is there is a long wait list for an appointment [at USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology]. Never had an issues otherwise. I have always had my questions answered when i called. Scripts were always sent correctly. All the staff are very helpful...Limit of 6 medicated cycles...They are very nice and helpful. Great staff!!...Dr.Imudia's bedside manner was excellent. He treated me as like I was family. I felt very comfortable with him.
Dr.Imudia is the best doctor i have ever seen. He is very knowlegable and completely passionate about what he does. He was very thorough throught my journey. Are next step is IUI OR IVF. I Have never had any issues with him. He is so kind and very gentle. Which is very important when dealing with infertility. I am glad i found such an amazing compassionate doctor. He is the only one i trust.
He is amazing and you will absolutely love him.
Limit of 6 medicated cycles.
They are very nice and helpful. Great staff!!
Describe your experience with USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
The only thing is there is a long wait list for an appointment. Never had an issues otherwise. I have always had my questions answered when i called. Scripts were always sent correctly. All the staff are very helpful and ecplaing process and procedures.

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr. Plosker is very thorough, and compassionate. Our experience was overall great even though we didn’t end up with the results we had hoped for. At our meeting with Plosker to re-group and come up with another game plan to proceed with future IVF cycles he remaind very positive that he could still help us be parents, he was very patient to answer all of our questions, and even stated he took our case to his colleagues to help in the event he missed anything.
Strengths are that they [USF - Sarasota] are thorough, and knowledgeable. Overall they are fairly quick in response if you leave messages. Weaknesses are appointment wait times. Overall, the Dr’s, RN’s and staff have made this a great experience, and have continued to walk us through this journey....Leslie & Amanda we very kind and attentive.... Dr. Plosker makes you feel like he genuinely cares about you as a person, and makes you feel more than a dollar sign.
Trust the process and the information he provides you.
I was started on levothroxine 100mcg and provera 10mg. Prior to cycle. Once cycle was induced I started my Injectables Gonal-F 150 units, Menopur 75 units daily. I also had routine blood work and ultrasounds. During the second week I believe menopur was increase to 150units. Ganirelix 250 mcg was injected daily. Once eggs were mature I was given a trigger shot. Eggs were retrieved 48hrs later. Day of retrieval 8 eggs were retrieved, 6 fertilized properly via ICSI. To help manage pain I was given Tylenol-Codeine #3. On day 5 we only had 1 viable embryo that was biopsied and sent off for PGD testing. I was started on metformin 2-750 mg daily. Approximately, a month later I started estradiol 2 mg x 3 daily. About week prior to transfer started Crinone 8% Gel - 2x a day. Day of transfer I continued Estradiol regimen, and did Crinone 3x that day. After transfer continued Estradiol, and Crinone up until the point of miscarriage approximately 3 weeks after transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology. (Assigned nurse: Joy Taylor)
I was originally assigned Joy, but I felt with other Nurses in the practice more regularly. Leslie & Amanda we very kind and attentive.
Describe your experience with USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
Strengths are that they are thorough, and knowledgeable. Overall they are fairly quick in response if you leave messages. Weaknesses are appointment wait times. Overall, the Dr’s, RN’s and staff have made this a great experience, and have continued to walk us through this journey.
Approximately- $18-20k
Dr. Plosker is very against multiple transfer if you have had PGD/PGS testing.
Sarasota

Dr Plosker spent an hour with my husband and I the first time we met. He was open and honest about our chances of conceiving. He explained the different processes so that we u derstood and he made sure that we didn’t have any questions before we left.... He also kept finances in the picture which is important when you could be spending a lot of money.... I had three rounds of IUI. Two with clomid and one round with femara.
Most importantly they [USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology] are organized. You never wait on hold for that long. When you call they always have the answers and they know what the next step is. The only issue I had was with billing, they initially told me that my insurance does not cover IUI, and they billed me for the cycle. My insurance however did cover it and they prompty refunded me the money.
I have met with Dr. Plosker on 3 separate occasions. I have never felt rushed during a visit with him and he explained everything in detail. He also kept finances in the picture which is important when you could be spending a lot of money. He truly did seem to care about making our dream of becoming parents a reality.
Take the time to listen and ask all of the questions that you have.
I had three rounds of IUI. Two with clomid and one round with femara. I switched to femara bc I was getting headaches from the clomid. I also did an ovidrel shot on cycle day 12 and IUI was 36hours later. I always had an US on cycle day 12 to confirm follicle size and uterine lining. Unfortunately IUI did not work for me. The process physically was very easy for me and the clinic made sure everything was scheduled and called in for me.
Camilla and Robin I believe. They are always willing to answer all of my questions and are prompt at making me Appointments and calling in meds.
Describe your experience with USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
Most importantly they are organized. You never wait on hold for that long. When you call they always have the answers and they know what the next step is. The only issue I had was with billing, they initially told me that my insurance does not cover IUI, and they billed me for the cycle. My insurance however did cover it and they prompty refunded me the money. Other than that issue I have had no problems with the clinic.
Visit was 350 to see dr Plosker Each IUI was 700, but my insurance covered that. Meds were about 150 per month for three months. I also had an HSG and Saline US which was about 1000.

2013 - 2018, Unknown Success
He’s [Dr. James Mayer] very detailed in explaining, makes you feel comfortable and makes sure you understand and are following along. He has made me feelcomfortable during procedures and I was never scared going into treatments or surgery with him.... I got 10 eggs, 7 mature and 7 fertilized through icsi. I transferred 2 and then 1 almost made it to freeze but did not. I had a chemical pregnancy from that transfer.
I was not called [by a staff member at USF IVF] with a pregnant test result. although I new it because I could look it up online I was failed to be notified that I need to have another blood drawl to get my HCG to zero after my miscarriage. this made it difficult to start my next procedure because I need to have that blood drawl before it happened and it was months later at this point. I also feel sometimes I was out on a ledge as to what should happen next. I would run tests and then not really know what the next step would be.
How was your experience with James Mayer at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology?
He’s very detailed in explaining, makes you feel comfortable and makes sure you understand and are following along. He has made me feelcomfortable during procedures and I was never scared going into treatments or surgery with him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of James Mayer at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology?
Be patient
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with James Mayer at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology?
He explains things very well. And makes me feel very comfortable
Describe the protocols James Mayer used in your cycles at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology and their degree of success.
If I believe correctly we did a normal protocol. I remember the nurse saying this is the usual go to for the treatment for the average cycle. I believe I had a good outcome. I had possible diminished ovarian reserve. I remember taking menapur 2 powders, lupron, and Gonal F 300 units. Im not sure why the dr prescribe it the way he did. I just trusted him and did what they told me. I got 10 eggs, 7 mature and 7 fertilized through icsi. I transferred 2 and then 1 almost made it to freeze but did not. I had a chemical pregnancy from that transfer.
they actually were very nice. I like my main nurse a lot. they returned calls quickly. made me feel valued.
Describe your experience with USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
like any dr office I feel like some workers are better than others, once you get the person you like the best just continue to ask for that person. Robin is my go to person. I feel like she knows me and cares more. I just ask for her when making my apps. The only downfall to this clinic is its a teaching clinic which I am fine with but because of that the drs are in the office only certain days/weeks so getting an appointment can take months or very long weeks.
I make my on work schedule so it was fine for me. I knew they always did them in the morning so it was ok.
Describe the costs associated with your care under James Mayer at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
ifv was 10,700 with icsi. meds were separate. Iuis were 650 for basic with monitoring, they price raised half way through our 6 we did to $700. pre opt testing was covered under insurance.
What specific things went wrong at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology?
I was not called with a pregnant test result. although I new it because I could look it up online I was failed to be notified that I need to have another blood drawl to get my HCG to zero after my miscarriage. this made it difficult to start my next procedure because I need to have that blood drawl before it happened and it was months later at this point. I also feel sometimes I was out on a ledge as to what should happen next. I would run tests and then not really know what the next step would be.
James Mayer

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
It may take a while to get your initial appointment [with Dr. Plosker] but it was worth the wait. He recommends what he feels is best, but also listens to your concerns and will ultimately do whatever you choose...will suggest how many you should transfer based on the quality. But let’s you decide if you want less... take a lot of pride in his job. He takes the time to talk with you, answer any questions you have, and come up with a plan. He truly understands the the difficulty in the process and is warm and caring through it all.
Roughly $12,000 for a fresh transfer with an additional approximately $1,200 for medications [at USF IVF] . Which are from the hospital pharmacy and are provided at a discounted rate because of a grant. Also, roughly $14,000 for a frozen transfer with an additional approximately $1,500 in medications...Strengths: their communication and willingness to answer questions without you feeling like you are “bothering” them is amazing. Even if you have asked the same question many times.... Weakness: no fault to the clinic, but they are a learning facility, so sometimes your appointment time may end up being 30-40 minutes later than scheduled because they get backed up trying to explain procedures to students.
Dr Plosker is very open and listens to your concerns. He wanted to do a fresh transfer but when I spoke to him about my concerns from my previous fresh transfer, he listened and validated my concerns. He understood I did my homework to educate myself and listened to my body’s response.
It may take a while to get your initial appointment, but it was worth the wait. He recommends what he feels is best, but also listens to your concerns and will ultimately do whatever you choose.
Dr Plosker take a lot of pride in his job. He takes the time to talk with you, answer any questions you have, and come up with a plan. He truly understands the the difficulty in the process and is warm and caring through it all.
I did birth control to start my cycle. Then I was placed on Gonal-F (300) and Menopur (2 vials of powder) at night. Then they added Ganerelix (1 syringe) each morning in addition to continuing my night medications. Before transfer I was out on Estrace (3x a day) and Crinone (2x a day).
Describe your experience with your nurse at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology. (Assigned nurse: Joy)
Joy has been my nurse for both cycles. And I could not be happier. She talks to you in terms you understand. Will offer advice if you ask. I have had phone conversations with other nurses on call, and they all have been extremely caring and wonderful through all the ups and downs of these sometimes heartbreaking cycles.
Describe your experience with USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
Roughly $12,000 for a fresh transfer with an additional approximately $1,200 for medications. Which are from the hospital pharmacy and are provided at a discounted rate because of a grant. Also, roughly $14,000 for a frozen transfer with an additional approximately $1,500 in medications.
Dr Plosker will suggest how many you should transfer based on the quality. But let’s you decide if you want less.

2015 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Oodles of blood work. Hysterosalpinogram- which showed a blocked tube. At this point Dr. Plosker offered surgery to fix it but we wanted to start less invasive. We tried four IUIs using Clomid and Orvidel- unsuccessful. Sonohysterography- showed a polyp which may be cause for failed IUI. Dr. Plosker performed laparoscopic surgery. During that time he removed endometriosis, repaired a fallopian tube, and removed the poly. Currently doing timed intercourse with Femara while saving money for IVF.
USF health is a big clinic, but you would never know it. I have been with them for three years and have always received return calls promptly and have been able to get appointments without delay. they have numerous sites which are nice but invasive procedures and testing are performed in Tampa. It would be nice if the satellite offices provided more procedures as well.
Dr. Plosker is amazing. From day one we felt comfortable in his office. He explained the process every step of the way and at no point did we feel we were just another algorithm to him. He takes the time to explain the process and also always allowed us to ask questions without feeling like we were a bother to him. I have nothing but mazing things to say about Dr. Plosker. We have bee in his car for 3 years and while we have no successfully conceived YET I know we will with our determination and his knowledge.
On occasion you will have to wait past your appointment time but it is worth it. Once you are in the office with him you will feel like you are his only patient. You will never feel rushed so just remember he is making the patient ahead of you feel the same way.
Dr. Plosker is amazing. From the first day walking into his office I felt he cared for us and our fertility concerns. I never felt like a number to Dr. Plosker.
Describe your experience with your nurse at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology. (Assigned nurse: Kim)
All of the nurses with USF health are amazing. Compassionate, knowledgeable, and helpful.
Describe your experience with USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
IVF with Dr. Plosker has an estimate of $20,000 plus medications. This includes anesthesia, retrieval, ICSI, genetic testing, and cryopreservation for a year.
He said we would evaluate when we got to that step. Unsure at this time.

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
A strength is USF has satellite offices with the ability to monitor from those offices. Another strength is the Tampa office is open every day. They also have an on call nurse and Dr. to answer any questions or concerns that may arise during a cycle.....Joy Taylor is one of the best nurses we’ve ever met. She exemplifies what a professional nurse should be. She responds to questions promptly and is extremely helpful.
Dr. Plosker has been a very kind and understanding professional. He takes the time to fully explain our treatment plan and answer any questions that may arise. When my husband and I first started this process, we did not know where to start or what to ask. He was exceptionally informative while understanding our concerns. We feel that Dr. Plosker always has our best interests in mind.
The one piece of advice that we would have for prospective patients would be to utilize his expertise. Do not be afraid to ask questions. Dr. Plosker will not only answer your questions, but frame his answers in a way that someone not familiar with medical terminology would understand.
Dr. Plosker takes the time to explain everything. He has also personally called me from his cell phone to discuss results.
Dr. Plosker’s course of treatment were the IUIs. We did four rounds of IUI, along with medication to produce multiple follicles and to stimulate egg release. This course of action was taken because all of the infertility tests for my husband and myself came back negative. After these attempts were unsuccessful, Dr. Plosker performed the HSG. This result was normal. Then we underwent a mock transfer with saline. For IVF treatment, aside from the medication regimen, we had ICSI, PGS genetic testing, genetic screening for both me and my husband, fibroid removal, and an ERA. This first attempt of retrieval and implantation resulted in a miscarriage. The cause was unknown. As a result, Dr. Plosker wanted to eliminate any possible reasons for the miscarriage. That is why the fibroid surgery and ERA have taken place.
Describe your experience with USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
My IUIs were covered by my insurance. But IVF was not, we financed $42,000 (almost $62,000 after interest) through ARC. Meds have been around $3,000.
Sarasota
He [Dr. Plosker] is very knowledgeable and open to talking about different routes needed for treatment options. He is not a fluffy super compassionate person but he balances emotions well and applied when needed.... Dr. Plosker would not transfer 2 embryos because I was still 36 during the time of the procedure. The transfer was unsuccessful.... I wish he would have transferred 2 embryos instead of 1. My frozen embryo cycle will cost an additional $5,000 out of pocket. He did state I can transfer both of them during that cycle at least.
They [USF IVF] are more affordable than other facilities since it's a research facility and they have some grants that allow meds to be cheaper.... Their technology and facilities were great! Cutting edge, clean, and easy to access. Because it's such a big program, you have to go in understanding that. I also like it because it's a research facility. I liked having the college students in on some of the visits observing. It makes you feel like even though your outcomes are necessarily what you wanted, at least you are still contributing to education and research
He is very knowledgeable and open to talking about different routes needed for treatment options. He is not a fluffy super compassionate person but he balances emotions well and applied when needed.
Come in with a plan and know what direction you are thinking and be willing to discuss.
This one is hard because USF IVF is so big and I know the 3 doctors see so many patients. Even keeping that in mind, I think they did a good job of making me feel like a human.
IVF cycle using donor sperm and ICSI. Started with Lupron shots in the AM (10 ml) for about 10 days and then decreased dosage (5ml) of those shots while continuing them in the AM. Added PM shot of Gonal F injectable pen (75) as well as menopur (1 powder). Kept on that same regimen through the cycle until trigger shot with HCG after having bloodwork and ultrasound done every other day leading up to egg retrieval to monitor estradiol and follicles. Retrieved 10 eggs and all 10 fertilized. Only 3 made it to 5 day blastocyst stage and 1 fresh embryo transfer took place. The other 2 were frozen. One is a grade 2 and the other is a grade 4bb I believe. I am unsure what the grade of the embryo that was transferred. Dr. Plosker would not transfer 2 embryos because I was still 36 during the time of the procedure. The transfer was unsuccessful.
They have a great system and their care paperwork and phone tree was easy to follow. They returned calls quickly and were very organized.
Describe your experience with USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
Their technology and facilities were great! Cutting edge, clean, and easy to access. Because it's such a big program, you have to go in understanding that. I also like it because it's a research facility. I liked having the college students in on some of the visits observing. It makes you feel like even though your outcomes are necessarily what you wanted, at least you are still contributing to education and research to help for future treatments and doctors.
They are more affordable than other facilities since it's a research facility and they have some grants that allow meds to be cheaper.
Since I only had 3 embryos, I was self pay and I just turned 37, I wish he would have transferred 2 embryos instead of 1. My frozen embryo cycle will cost an additional $5,000 out of pocket. He did state I can transfer both of them during that cycle at least.
What specific things went wrong at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology?
The IVF coordinator did not add my Lupron meds to the list of medications, syringes, needles etc that were needed when I start my cycle. I went to pick up all of my meds from their pharmacy the evening before I was scheduled to start my Lupron shots and we realized it hadn't been submitted. It was after 5pm so we had to call the on call doctor to find out what was going to happen. My shot was schedule to start at 8am the next morning and that was the ONLY med that I needed right away and didn't have yet. Luckily he said as long as I took the shot before 1pm it would be fine. The coordinator called in the Lupron med first thing the next morning and I was able to get it and take it by 11am.
St. Petersburg

After the first failed IVF Dr. Imudia changed from ganirelix to lupron. He explained to us since the first protocol didnt work he didnt want to repeat the same one and we agreed. ... He does not sugar coat, hes very straightforward in a very tactful way ... We were glad that Dr. Imudia opted to transfer 3 embryos on our first try as some clinics are opposed to this method.
The clinic [USF IVF and Repro Endo] is very organized. I've only had to wait a few minutes passed my appointment one time in almost 2 years. ... My phone calls are always returned promptly ... My nurse Kristen was amazing, I called her for every little thing and every little symptom and she was so accommodating and so compassionate. Another nurse named Melissa was also amazing, she hugged me when I cried the whole staff is just so genuine.
Anthony Imudia genuinely wants you to have success. My failure to conceive is his failure and he stresses over options because he wants to make it happen for you. He held my hand literally just before my retrieval to put me at ease, he didn't have to do that.
He does not sugar coat, hes very straightforward in a very tactful way, you are in good hands.
Genuine concern and apathy towards my husband and I and our wishes
After the first failed IVF Dr. Imudia changed from ganirelix to lupron. He explained to us since the first protocol didnt work he didnt want to repeat the same one and we agreed. Although he did give us the option to keep the air protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology. (Assigned nurse: Kristen Lamar)
Describe your experience with USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
The clinic is very organized. I've only had to wait a few minutes passed my appointment one time in almost 2 years. I work at a doctor's office so I know that's amazing to say. My phone calls are always returned promptly, I cant say enough good things about this clinic.
Total of $26,000 for 2 cycles with medication costs included
We were glad that Dr. Imudia opted to transfer 3 embryos on our first try as some clinics are opposed to this method. We wanted the most aggressive treatment plan possible given our age.
St. Petersburg

I did timed intercourse with Letrozole for 10 months before we moved forward to IUI. In the consultation for that, he [Dr. Anthony Imudia] said that after 6 months of treatment my chances of getting pregnant with medication/timed intercourse were minimal. How did no one told me that after 6 months? I expressed concerns that I may have endometriosis, he said it was possible, but there was nothing we could to about it.
[USF IVF and Reproductive Endo-St. Petersburg's] Strengths: Multiple locations Weaknesses: cold staff, appointments are too far away from when you call, even if you are a patient. If this is your only choice, it is worth it to try. They will give you a diagnostic.... They are always in a hurry. My husband and I always talk about how impersonal and cold this people are, giving that their patients are going thru something very difficult.
I did timed intercourse with Letrozole for 10 months before we moved forward to IUI. In the consultation for that, he said that after 6 months of treatment my chances of getting pregnant with medication/timed intercourse were minimal. How did no one told me that after 6 months? I expressed concerns that I may have endometriosis, he said it was possible, but there was nothing we could to about it.
Please pay attention to each individual case. After my IUI I had intense ovary pain and with my history of PCOS, it could have been OHSS. I told him and he said it was normal and to take whatever I regularly take for period related pain.
Dr. Imudia is kind, but he doesn't take the time to figure out the best way of treatment for you.
Letroole 5 mg. For IUI round: Letrozole 7.5 mg, Shot
IUI, $740 Ovydrel Shot $150
What specific things went wrong at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology?
They never called me with any of my results. I complained to the Office Manager about it, after that, I received one call and that was it.
St. Petersburg

Dr Plosker is one of the most caring doctors I have met. He is very thorough and explains everything without sugarcoating the facts....I have been seeing Dr Plosker for around 7 months now. My husband and I have unexplained infertility with low sperm motility factor. Dr Plosker explained all of our options with statistics. He is a fantastic doctor....
[USF - N Tampa Insurance and ID are required once a month which is a bit much and adds time to the check in process. Wait times can be long, bring a book to pass the time. There is one person who schedules for the IUIs and sometimes it is difficult to get ahold of right away. Otherwise, the office is great....very great staff, very caring and compassionate
Have patience, the process is a long road for some.
We used clomid 100mg for 5 days, ovidrel trigger followed by insemination for three cycles and all negative pregnancy tests.
very great staff, very caring and compassionate
Describe your experience with USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
My insurance covered the IUI process. IVF is not covered and will be around 20,000.
2015 - 2018, Successful
Dr. P[losker] always showed compassion and told us how it was without being harsh. He explained in detail what we would be doing and potential risks and outcomes. He is an extremely intelligent Dr. and very thorough...He books up quickly so be patient(as hard as it is) because he is so worth the wait!...He took time to explain things to us and always remembered us and things we told him.
The nursing staff [at USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology] were so friendly and always trying to put a smile on my face...One of the schedulers is really rude(Robin) but I try not to let her get to me. Everyone else is do friendly and compassionate. The nurses take time to explain things and if they aren't sure of something they find out from Dr.P[losker] and get all of the correct facts...Dr. P always showed compassion and told us how it was without being harsh. He explained in detail what we would be doing and potential risks and outcomes. He is an extremely intelligent Dr. and very thorough.
We used menopur, gonal-f and 1 other I cant remember.
The nursing staff were so friendly and always trying to put a smile on my face.
Describe your experience with USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
One of the schedulers is really rude(Robin) but I try not to let her get to me. Everyone else is do friendly and compassionate. The nurses take time to explain things and if they aren't sure of something they find out from Dr.P and get all of the correct facts.
St. Petersburg

She [Dr. Melinda Henne] was very transparent with me. She listened to my concerns and was willing to start treatments without repeating all of the uncomfortable and unnecessary testing that i have already had done at my previous clinic.... She took time to discuss with me the reality of my situation and how hard it would be to get pregnant. She didn’t say it was impossible but provided details explaining why it would be difficult.
It was very quick checking in [at USF IVF and Reproductive Endo- Tampa]. I had my paperwork already competed which helped make things go quicker. Have your ID out and that will also make it go quicker. Easy to locate.... The nurse called in the wrong medication which almost made me pass out bc my sugar dropped so low.... I remember IUI was roughly around $700
How was your experience with Melinda Henne at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology?
She was very transparent with me. She listened to my concerns and was willing to start treatments without repeating all of the uncomfortable and unnecessary testing that i have already had done at my previous clinic.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Melinda Henne at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology?
Go with questions. She will answer them honestly.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Melinda Henne at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology?
Describe the protocols Melinda Henne used in your cycles at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology and their degree of success.
I went for consultation. She wants to start the IUI process.
Describe your experience with USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
It was very quick checking in. I had my paperwork already competed which helped make things go quicker. Have your ID out and that will also make it go quicker. Easy to locate. This has to be 200 words to submit so I’m rambling now to make it 200 words.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Melinda Henne at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
I remember IUI was roughly around $700
What specific things went wrong at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology?
Wrong prescription called in to pharmacy
Melinda Henne
Tampa
Shayne Plosker always did his best to achieve what was needed and let me know every course of action he took. He advised me that right off the bat IVF would be needed to conceive. That IUI treatment would not bring the results we wanted.... Dr Plosker, had extremely amazing beside manner and did not sugar coat but wasn't harsh. He let me know exactly what was needed.... ake your time and sit to discuss every possible opportunity that he and the clinic can give you.
It [USF IVF and Reproductive Endo] is a very clean and precise clinic. The only fall back is waiting forever to get in and checked. The staff is very warm and welcoming. The are quick when they take you back and make sure you are extremely comfortable before doing anything type of process... The nursing staff are very warming and welcoming to each and every patient they see. Just the wait time to get in was absurd.
Take your time and sit to discuss every possible opportunity that he and the clinic can give you.
Describe your experience with USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
It is a very clean and precise clinic. The only fall back is waiting forever to get in and checked. The staff is very warm and welcoming. The are quick when they take you back and make sure you are extremely comfortable before doing anything type of process
We paid every cycle and medication that was given to us. As well ass each visit with Doctor Plosker

Investment Banker
She [Dr. Henne] called me on the weekend when she was off to walk me through my lining check. I really felt like she was on our team wanting a pregnancy...She is up to date on current research. I felt like she was on our team and really tried all avenues. I didn’t feel like a number. There was a personalized approach to my treatment and protocol. Great bed side manner... Henne recommended a scratch before the next transfer and also put me on metanx for my MTHFR gene mutation.
Leslie [nurse at USF IVF] became my friend through this journey. When she called to tell me the first FET failed she called me the next day and a week later to check on me. I felt like she was fully vested in our journey...I feel like they take an outside of the box approach with protocols and treatments. They are pretty conservative. Getting in to start the process is painfully long. You have to stay on top of them (Joy) so things don’t fall thru the cracks and cause delays. Since it’s an educational practice associated with a university the doctors are also teachers. Their costs are a little cheaper than other local clinics and you get access to meds from the hospital which beats any pharmacy.
She called me on the weekend when she was off to walk me through my lining check. I really felt like she was on our team wanting a pregnancy.
I had a problem with thin lining. We cancelled two FETs, did two ERAs and eventually did on unsuccessful FET with another dr in the practice. They never checked my lining. Henne recommended a scratch before the next transfer and also put me on metanx for my MTHFR gene mutation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology. (Assigned nurse: Leslie Moya)
Leslie became my friend through this journey. When she called to tell me the first FET failed she called me the next day and a week later to check on me. I felt like she was fully vested in our journey. Amanda is also amazing. Joy, on the other hand, was an awful communicator and had no compassion. Do not recommend working with Joy
Insurance covered my retrieval. We paid $4100 for the FET
Describe Melinda Henne's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
We only had 1 embryo
Melinda Henne

2017, Unknown Success
Dr Imudia sat down with my husband and I and went over all our results and plan of care. He answered our questions and concerns and really listened to us.... Although we have only seen him a handful of times throughout our treatment, he was very efficient when we saw him. He was knowledgable about our results and explained our plan of care.... We attempted 5 months of Femara 5mg with timed relations. All five months were negative pregnancy test.
The nursing staff [USF] has been great. Anytime I had a question, they were happy to answer it. During both IUI procedures, the nurse explained exactly what she was doing and made my husband and I feel comfortable.... Strengths include they are educated about infertility, have a plan of care they go over with you, easy to communicate with, good success rates. Weaknesses include they aren't always forthcoming during ultrasounds with what they are doing, you need to ask questions. You mainly deal with nurses and coordinator, don't see or talk to the doctor much.
My expierience as a patient has been overall good. Although we have only seen him a handful of times throughout our treatment, he was very efficient when we saw him. He was knowledgable about our results and explained our plan of care. My sister also has infertility and had him as her doctor so he is well trusted in our family.
Tell the doctor all your concerns.
We attempted 5 months of Femara 5mg with timed relations. All five months were negative pregnancy test. We are currently in the process of our 3rd IUI treatment. I get my initial ultrasound in day 3 of 4 of my cycle. I start 7.5 mg of femara for 5 days. I follow up on day 12 to see the size of my follicle(s). I have done my trigger shot, Ovidrel, on day 12 between 8pm and 10pm. We are back at the clinic on day 14, 36 hours post trigger for IUI procedure. So far, all negative pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology. (Assigned nurse: Robyn)
The nursing staff has been great. Anytime I had a question, they were happy to answer it. During both IUI procedures, the nurse explained exactly what she was doing and made my husband and I feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
IUI - $700 Ovidrel trigger shot -$107 Femara -covered Office visits - couple hundred? Blood work - covered Insurance does not cover any infertility.
St. Petersburg

Dr. Imudia never altered my dosage or medications. I would have to call his office and request my results be reviewed and dosage changed. He would never speak to me one on one after our first an only appointment together. Everything was relayed through the nurses [USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology]. ... I had to call in about the option of scheduling my IUI, no one contacted me after my 3 months to start those arrangements.
I was not called with results on blood work and examinations. The nurses [USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology] constantly lost my paperwork and left me with no medication to prep for IUI. My times for appointments were changed constantly and there was never an understanding on what my next steps would be. ... They do have weekend appointments and early morning. ... Please note only about 2 staff (nurses) work at a time so you will see a lot of people waiting but no one at the front desk. ... He recommended we do clomid for 3 months before doing IUI. ...
Dr. Imudia never altered my dosage or medications. I would have to call his office and request my results be reviewed and dosage changed. He would never speak to me one on one after our first an only appointment together. Everything was relayed through the nurses.
This will be a very independent process on the patients end with no support from the office, doctor or staff.
As a patient my calls were returned 2 days later, none of my emails received responses and he only met with me one time during five months of treatments doing none of my procedures.
He recommended we do clomid for 3 months before doing IUI. I had to request him to increase dosage to see if there would be a change. I never got a call, follow-up appointment or check in to see about the monthly results. I would have to call in and inform them I was not pregnant. Also, I had to call in about the option of scheduling my IUI, no one contacted me after my 3 months to start those arrangements.
There were only two nurses I met. One who did my ultrasound and was very nice and the other who coordinated appointments and medications. The one who did all medications would have to be reminded to call in at the pharmacy and there were two times that when my pharmacy did not have the medication that I was left to track down another pharmacy while in the waiting room to get my medications. The staff left me there to panic in trying to find a new pharmacy last minute.
Describe your experience with USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
They do have weekend appointments and early morning. Also they are centrally located, have a lunch area if you are waiting long and are located in different areas. Please note only about 2 staff (nurses) work at a time so you will see a lot of people waiting but no one at the front desk.
The cost of the clomid was about $20 if not less. Each IUI was about $500-$700 and the trigger shot before each IUI was about $250. I also had to pay a co-pay for each visit and for my husbands exams.
It was never discussed.
What specific things went wrong at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology?
I was not called with results on blood work and examinations. The nurses constantly lost my paperwork and left me with no medication to prep for IUI. My times for appointments were changed constantly and there was never an understanding on what my next steps would be.
Tampa

Electronic communication was the best thing I had with Dr.Imudia and boy did he have a lot of emails from me... is patient and kind and makes the best action plan as best as he can. We even wanted to transfer 2 embryos but he suggested 1 as it did not necessarily increase chances of a viable pregnancy plus the added difficulties it would present if both embryos did attach...I believe Dr. Immudia will make the best decision for each patient's circumstance.
RN [at USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology] is great at scheduling and because they have multiple locations it is easy to shift appointments around once you are an established patient...It is hard to get in initially but once you are an established patient, advocate for what you want. I had all my blood work completed and my cycle began in December I was not scheduled for an IUI but asked m doctor why I couldn't do it if all my labs/ultrasounds were done, well with that said I was immediately booked for my baseline ultrasound on New year's day. The clinic is never closed.
Dr. Imudia is patient and kind and makes the best action plan as best as he can. We even wanted to transfer 2 embryos but he suggested 1 as it did not necessarily increase chances of a viable pregnancy plus the added difficulties it would present if both embryos did attach. His RN is great at scheduling and because they have multiple locations it is easy to shift appointments around once you are an established patient. Electronic communication was the best thing I had with Dr.Imudia and boy did he have a lot of emails from me.
He answered all my questions patiently without rushing to answer questions or being dismissive.
During my IUI cycles I used clomid(no injectables) and had baseline ultrasounds but that was it and those were not successful, but also take into consideration I had just balanced my hormones so those eggs that did not fertilize could have been a results of my previously imbalanced hormones. My IVF cycle was after my hormones were balanced for over 6 months, so the egg quality was probably much better at this point. During my IVF cycle I used injectables(Lupron,menopur,gonal f) and then progesterone suppositories until 10 weeks) and I got my daughter.
Very compassionate and also very amazing at communicating and answering all my questions.
Describe your experience with USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
Strengths: Organization Weakness: Honestly none, they were amazing. Although sometimes I felt rushed to give them my husband's semen sample and they didn't seem rushed but that's just how we are when struggling with infertility.
They were on time and prompt I was never waiting more then 5-10minutes for the monitoring appointments.
I don't know I was blessed that my insurance covered all cost.
What specific things went wrong at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology?
The clinic did not make the mistake it was the lab they sent out the results too, they took longer then expected to give them back the results and or never ran the test at all. This was not the fault of Dr. Immudia's team it was to QUEST where they sent out my urine sample.
St. Petersburg
[Dr. Mayer] was very informative. Made sure I understood. Very truthful about possible outcomes with my age.... I did a fresh transfer which resulted in a negative pregnancy. During the follow up appointment, I was told better outcomes happen with frozen transfers. I wish this was presented to me during the first cycle. That is my only complaint about my experience with Dr. Myers. Otherwise, he was a very good doctor...For my age, Dr. Myers would only transfer two embryos.
Strengths [at USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology] *Most or all appointments were in the same building or across the street to the main hospital. *Financial Specialist always contacted me beforehand to give me the cost of the visit prior to my appointment *check in process and staff was always easy and fast Weakness *small waiting area for patients. *USF partners with TGH hospital and completes some of the services in that TGH building. The out of pocket cost for the ultrasound was $300 but I later received a $1200 bill from TGH for a facility fee charge. Which I think is unfair for patients seeing USF physicians. All services need to take place at a USF facility for patients to avoid extra cost
Very informative and honest. I did a fresh transfer which resulted in a negative pregnancy. During the follow up appointment, I was told better outcomes happen with frozen transfers. I wish this was presented to me during the first cycle. That is my only complaint about my experience with Dr. Myers. Otherwise, he was a very good doctor.
Always ask questions.
Dr. Myers was very informative. Made sure I understood. Very truthful about possible outcomes with my age
Not sure
Always nice when visiting the office. Most remember your face so it made it more comforting.
Describe your experience with USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
Strengths *Most or all appointments were in the same building or across the street to the main hospital. *Financial Specialist always contacted me beforehand to give me the cost of the visit prior to my appointment *check in process and staff was always easy and fast Weakness *small waiting area for patients. *USF partners with TGH hospital and completes some of the services in that TGH building. The out of pocket cost for the ultrasound was $300 but I later received a $1200 bill from TGH for a facility fee charge. Which I think is unfair for patients seeing USF physicians. All services need to take place at a USF facility for patients to avoid extra cost
Before the IVF procedure, we spent at least $2000 out of pocket for consultation and ultrasounds. The IVF procedure was $10k and medications $1300
Describe James Mayer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
For my age, Dr. Myers would only transfer two embryos.
James Mayer