Genetic counseling: Offered
Providing backup medication is not offered: Not Offered
8300 Floyd Curl Drive
San Antonio, TX 78229
210-450-9500
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend UT Medicine Fertility Center to a friend?

9.9

3 doctors
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
He [Dr. Randal Robinson] is kind and makes me feel like he is actually listening to what I have to say. If I am venting he lets me finish and we talk through the process. He makes sure by the end of the appointment I understand the next course of action and he has never made me feel rushed... Excision surgery was done laparoscoply to remove stage 4 endometriosis covering both tubes some colon and uterus. Place on birth control for a few months after surgery to get ovulation back on track. After no pregnancy went back and tried iui but he informed me he was hopeful it would work do to my tubes being slightly damaged from the endometriosis. Place me on 5 mg femura starting day 3 of my period. Took for 5 days and started testing opk on day ten and as soon as I had a positive I contacted the office to schedule iui next day.
[at UT Medicine Fertility Center] Communication is super, the wait time is very minimal, I actually had to catch a flight on the day of my iui and they pushed me to the front in order to accommodate a timely arrival at the airport. The only problem I have is the front desk receptionist seems angry all of the time, she does her job and is informed but hardly ever smiles.. It’s a teaching facility so he usually has different fellows each visit.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Randal Robinson at UT Medicine Fertility Center?
He is kind and makes me feel like he is actually listening to what I have to say. If I am venting he lets me finish and we talk through the process. He makes sure by the end of the appointment I understand the next course of action and he has never made me feel rushed
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Randal Robinson at UT Medicine Fertility Center?
It’s a teaching facility so he usually has different fellows each visit.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Randal Robinson at UT Medicine Fertility Center?
Dr Robinson and the entire UT staff have always validated my pain and issues with fertility. He was always informed of my case when I come into the office. I’ve never felt like a number when I’m here
Describe the protocols Randal Robinson used in your cycles at UT Medicine Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Fisrt appointment informed me of suspected endometriosis and throughly explain this condition. Proceed to do vaginal ultrasound and confirmed PCOS, scheduled an HSG a few weeks later. Tubes seemed blocked. He informed me that he would like to proceed with surgery if I continue with the bad pain. Excision surgery was done laparoscoply to remove stage 4 endometriosis covering both tubes some colon and uterus. Place on birth control for a few months after surgery to get ovulation back on track. After no pregnancy went back and tried iui but he informed me he was hopeful it would work do to my tubes being slightly damaged from the endometriosis. Place me on 5 mg femura starting day 3 of my period. Took for 5 days and started testing opk on day ten and as soon as I had a positive I contacted the office to schedule iui next day. Fairly easy process
Love love love the staff, they are well informed and organized.
Describe your experience with UT Medicine Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randal Robinson at UT Medicine Fertility Center.
Currently using veterans affairs and they have covered all appointments and treatment so far. Did have to pay $80 for husbands semen analysis and 270$ for the iui procedure
Describe Randal Robinson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at UT Medicine Fertility Center.
San Antonio

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Randal Robinson at UT Medicine Fertility Center.

2011 - 2016
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
[Randal Robinson is an] excellent communicator, goes through all of the options and any evidence basis behind our options, he truly treats me as a family member when helping us make any decisions...Hands down he treats me like I was his own family member. He laid it all out even taking my type A science geek personality into account when performing procedures by keeping photos of exactly what fibroids they removed etc. He has personally called me several times and always takes the time to answer any questions I may have.
Package of $7,000 for initial round of IVF not including drugs[at UT Medicine Fertility Center]. Drugs were about $1,200 and the nurses told me where they were the cheapest around town. A frozen transfer is $1,300 without hatching $1,900 with hatching plus the estrace ($14), PIO $30ish per vial will need around 5 vials....[Dr Randal Robinson was an] excellent communicator, goes through all of the options and any evidence basis behind our options, he truly treats me as a family member when helping us make any decisions.
2011 - 2016
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Randal Robinson at UT Medicine Fertility Center?
Excellent communicator, goes through all of the options and any evidence basis behind our options, he truly treats me as a family member when helping us make any decisions.
Relax you are in great hands. If you have questions ask he is very patient and answers them all.
Pretty conservative. I had no hormone issues so I did natural cycles IVFs. I start my PIO injections (1ml IM) a week before the transfer along with low dose estrace to thicken the lining. He also does not transfer more than 1 embryo at a time in anyone under 35 years of age to prevent a high risk pregnancy as well as long term health complications multiples can have. I take the estrace daily along with the PIO then go for my blood HCG on day 10 (my embryos are 5 days old) then 3 days later another blood HCG. Then I stop the estrace and continue the PIO injections daily until 8-10 weeks. Then he switches me to progesterone suppositories.
Describe your experience with your nurse at UT Medicine Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Carolyn Bagnetto )
I have not had a bad experience with any nurses. They are all so professional and compassionate. I miss the staff when I'm not frequenting the office.
Describe your experience with UT Medicine Fertility Center.
Clean, easy to get to, great hours, calm atmosphere
Package of $7,000 for initial round of IVF not including drugs. Drugs were about $1,200 and the nurses told me where they were the cheapest around town. A frozen transfer is $1,300 without hatching $1,900 with hatching plus the estrace ($14), PIO $30ish per vial will need around 5 vials.

PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr. Knudtson actually listens to your concerns and modifies the treatments based on your needs. She called me personally to check on me after my hysteroscopy, which was very touching. She also called to check on me when I messaged her that I was not doing too well emotionally/mentally. These are all signs of a great doctor. ... I ovulate on my own and it is usually later on in the cycle.
The clinic [UT Medicine Fertility Center] is great, you don't feel like just a number. They always call on time with test results and you are not left wondering what happened. If you need to leave a message for your doctor/nurse, you can leave it on mychart and it is extremely convenient. You'll always be responded to. ... The nursing staff is excellent and very disciplined with their work. You feel confident in their abilities.
PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Jennifer Knudtson at UT Medicine Fertility Center?
She's a warm and compassionate person. She'll respond to all questions you ask and let you know what is right/wrong for you. I am never scared to bring up things I have read about and discuss with her. She has terrific bedside manner.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Knudtson at UT Medicine Fertility Center?
Do your research and don't be scared to discuss it with Dr. Knudtson. She's always open to discussion.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Knudtson at UT Medicine Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Jennifer Knudtson used in your cycles at UT Medicine Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I ovulate on my own and it is usually later on in the cycle. So, we used ovulation induction with clomid and TI. My second cycle on it, I experienced a chemical pregnancy. I just wanted to try something different and asked if we could do IUIs. My dose was adjusted each cycle, depending on my response to the medications.
Describe your experience with your nurse at UT Medicine Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lisa)
Describe your experience with UT Medicine Fertility Center.
The clinic is great, you don't feel like just a number. They always call on time with test results and you are not left wondering what happened. If you need to leave a message for your doctor/nurse, you can leave it on mychart and it is extremely convenient. You'll always be responded to.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Knudtson at UT Medicine Fertility Center.
IUI cost us about 450$
San Antonio

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jennifer Knudtson at UT Medicine Fertility Center.

Dr. Robinson always greets me in a very welcoming way, he always seems to remember who I am even when I see him in passing so I am not "just another patient"...He is very informative and does not hesitate to make me understand everything that my body is doing. He will answer all my questions that I ask with great information to follow...I would take clomid then a trigger shot to help timing with IUI. Or just clomid and trigger for a timed intercourse cycle.
They [nurses at UT Medicine Fertility Center] help answer questions and that is great in a very confusing time I appreciate it...The only negative is sometimes calling a big clinic it is difficult to get in touch with billing or insurance staff but that is to be expected. Overall my husband have been satisfied with this clinic because they have given us the reassurance they can help us finally have a baby over the years.
How was your experience with Randal Robinson at UT Medicine Fertility Center?
My entire experience so far has been great at UT health with Dr. Robinson. He is very informative and does not hesitate to make me understand everything that my body is doing. He will answer all my questions that I ask with great information to follow.
Make sure you ask all the questions you can that way he knows all of your concerns and you as the patient have a great explanation of the process.
Normally I would take clomid then a trigger shot to help timing with IUI. Or just clomid and trigger for a timed intercourse cycle.
They help answer questions and that is great in a very confusing time I appreciate it
Describe your experience with UT Medicine Fertility Center.
Very affordable especially when they bill to insurance

PCOS, Unexplained
She [Dr. Knudtson] gave the greatest bedside manner and thoroughly explained each procedure. She has really great bedside manner and shows me the amount of follicles each cycle. She gave very basic level explanation in a time when this process is overwhelming. She is also very polite and easy to ask plenty of questions....She first started with explaining my PCOS and my husbands numbers. We started off with a low level dosage since cost was a factor. As wash cycle did not work she made adjustments but fully explained the reasoning behind each change.
They [UT Med Fertility Ctr] only offer morning appointments so be prepared to wake up pretty early. Be prepared to wait for the IUI as they need to wash the semen but they have a cafe downstairs. Treatments start at 7:30 AM... There is not enough nurses and rooms for all the patients. They have to put patients in rooms waiting while the doctors finish up with patients....She [Dr. Knudtson] gave the greatest bedside manner and thoroughly explained each procedure.
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Jennifer Knudtson at UT Medicine Fertility Center?
Do your research with treatments and be honest with her. She takes all factors into account.
She gave the greatest bedside manner and thoroughly explained each procedure. She has really great bedside manner and shows me the amount of follicles each cycle. She gave very basic level explanation in a time when this process is overwhelming. She is also very polite and easy to ask plenty of questions.
Started with letrozole and times intercourses. Did not work for two cycle so we moved onto IUI with letrozole for 2 cycle. On IUI 3 with clomid.
Describe your experience with UT Medicine Fertility Center.
They only offer morning appointments so be prepared to wake up pretty early. Be prepared to wait for the IUI as they need to wash the semen but they have a cafe downstairs. Treatments start at 7:30 AM
IUI $450 Ovidrel- $170 Clomid $6 Ultra sounds-$250
Describe Jennifer Knudtson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at UT Medicine Fertility Center.
Does not apply
San Antonio

He is not very warm and friendly, he more or less, he just does the procedure. ... I don't always get to see Dr scheken [Schenken] when I have my appointments. ... I sometimes feel left out of the decision process with my treatment as he will just call in a prescription or have the nurse call me with what he wants to do. ... It has gone from letrozole to clomid and now the dosages increase each time. I usually call and ask for treatments that I want to pursue
They [UT Medicine Fertility Center] are very organized and quick. They have a lot of availability and will work with you to make appointments and procedures work with your availability. I also like that the gyno is attached which makes it even easier ... The nursing staff is amazing, efficient, and compassionate ... Ultrasounds are expensive, $75 or more. IUI was $150 each
How was your experience with Robert Schenken at UT Medicine Fertility Center?
I don't always get to see Dr scheken when I have my appointments. I usually see someone else. I sometimes feel left out of the decision process with my treatment as he will just call in a prescription or have the nurse call me with what he wants to do.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Schenken at UT Medicine Fertility Center?
Stop him and ask him questions!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Schenken at UT Medicine Fertility Center?
He is not very warm and friendly, he more or less, he just does the procedure.
Describe the protocols Robert Schenken used in your cycles at UT Medicine Fertility Center and their degree of success.
The nursing staff is amazing, efficient, and compassionate
Describe your experience with UT Medicine Fertility Center.
They are very organized and quick. They have a lot of availability and will work with you to make appointments and procedures work with your availability. I also like that the gyno is attached which makes it even easier
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Schenken at UT Medicine Fertility Center.
Ultrasounds are expensive, $75 or more. IUI was $150 each
Robert Schenken
San Antonio

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Robert Schenken at UT Medicine Fertility Center.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr. K [Knudtson] has a very warm bedside manner, and took her time to get to know my husband and I, as well as, our goals....I feel that Dr. K was very thorough and even helped to write out a plan for my diagnosis and treatment which I found helpful in case I forgot something from our meeting. I also appreciate her gentle nature during procedures....To date, we have spent $2000 in cost associated with treatment. Going with the next option of IVF would cost approximately $10000-12000.
The clinic [UT Medicine] was convenient in terms of location and clean. My husband complained that the male facilities for sperm collection were not as nice regarding décor and materials. I appreciate the availability of appointment times as well, and the outside options, such as genetic testing that were offered to me....To date, we have spent $2000 in cost associated with treatment. Going with the next option of IVF would cost approximately $10000-12000.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Jennifer Knudtson at UT Medicine Fertility Center?
Don't be afraid to ask questions. She'll be honest.
Dr. K has a very warm bedside manner, and took her time to get to know my husband and I, as well as, our goals.
Describe your experience with UT Medicine Fertility Center.
The clinic was convenient in terms of location and clean. My husband complained that the male facilities for sperm collection were not as nice regarding décor and materials. I appreciate the availability of appointment times as well, and the outside options, such as genetic testing that were offered to me.
San Antonio

[Dr. Randal Robinson was] Very understanding and willing to adjust our plans according to our needs. Compassionate man. I always felt very comfortable at our appointments. With him being former military and my husband being Active duty military, he understood our need to be persistent in the short amount of time we’d be under his care...Dr Robinson was VERY thorough with everything, unlike the 8 other doctors I saw previously.
The staff [at UT Medicine Fertility Center] was amazing. Went above and beyond...The women who work with Dr Robinson while I was under his care are some of the best nurses I’ve had the opportunity of meeting. They were caring and kind. Everything you could ever want...The only downside is that the clinic is right across the hall from an OBGYN clinic in the building. Overall it’s an amazing facility that completely caters to the needs of their patients. I wish they had more lists of pharmacies to get the medications needed.
How was your experience with Randal Robinson at UT Medicine Fertility Center?
Go into your appointments with an open mind.
The staff was amazing. Went above and beyond. Dr Robinson was VERY thorough with everything, unlike the 8 other doctors I saw previously.

IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Schenken explain the procedure and what to expect . He called give me test results . I was an hour late for my FET because of family issues. The office and Him was very understand to my situation. My FET was the only one they were doing that day. Nothing felt was rush or me feel like they I just put them behind their other patient. He’s very knowledgeable and very willing to make sure you understand the procedure and what is needed to be done...Very down to earth... do Natural FET. Which mean little no meds. Which was a perfect for me and my body. I have doing IVF treatment for 7 year straight. Which is wear and tear on my body. This opportunity was just what my body and bank account need
They [UT Medicine Fertility Center] were willing to accept embryos that were gifted to me. The also do Natural FET. Which mean little no meds. Which was a perfect for me and my body. I have doing IVF treatment for 7 year straight. Which is wear and tear on my body. This opportunity was just what my body and bank account need. UT Health was great place and affordable because it being a Learning hospital. I could actually afford out of pocket cost and not having to taking out a loans . Dr. Schenken explain the procedure and what to expect . He called give me test results . I was an hour late for my FET because of family issues. The office and Him was very understand to my situation. My FET was the only one they were doing that day. Nothing felt was rush or me feel like they I just put them behind their other patient. He’s very knowledgeable and very willing to make sure you understand the procedure and what is needed to be done.
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Robert Schenken at UT Medicine Fertility Center?
Dr. Robert Schenken is 2nd Best fertility Doctor I have been seen by . They were willing to accept embryos that were gifted to me. The also do Natural FET. Which mean little no meds. Which was a perfect for me and my body. I have doing IVF treatment for 7 year straight. Which is wear and tear on my body. This opportunity was just what my body and bank account need. UT Health was great place and affordable because it being a Learning hospital. I could actually afford out of pocket cost and not having to taking out a loans . Dr. Schenken explain the procedure and what to expect . He called give me test results . I was an hour late for my FET because of family issues. The office and Him was very understand to my situation. My FET was the only one they were doing that day. Nothing felt was rush or me feel like they I just put them behind their other patient. He’s very knowledgeable and very willing to make sure you understand the procedure and what is needed to be done.
Have a open mind and ask questions .
Very down to earth
And willingness to help in a very kind and warming environment
Describe your experience with UT Medicine Fertility Center.
It’s a learning hospital. It’s truly combination of both our weakness and strength. They have a lot of state of the art equipment and I’m not sure how many patients they see yearly. I am not sure of their live birth rate. But is a definite place of The willingness to help .
The most affordable in the area
Robert Schenken