Genetic counseling: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
1801 Inwood Road
Dallas, TX 75390
214-645-3858
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend UT Southwestern to a friend?

6.8

7.2

View fewer doctors
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Other
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Other
Describe your experience with UT Southwestern.
Strengths - it's cheaper than others (IUIs were $1050 instead of $2100 at my current clinic) Weaknesses - the amount of people involved and rotating through. At any point you would deal with Dr. Babayev, any of his 3 Fellows, any of the many nurses, have residents in the room during your procedures. There were 3 instances where I was given wrong information and I had to correct them. UTSW is a teaching hospital and it became very clear that this was an area I didn't want them learning on me... I needed to move on and get results. The Billing office is also terrible. I had to make about a dozen calls and still waiting to get issues resolved. They charge you for the cycle upfront (insurance doesn't cover).. then, it goes to insurance because apparently their system sends everything through insurance... even if insurance would cover some of the testing it doesn't matter because it's all or none. Then they sent me statements with the remainder. All of which I had already paid for upfront. Nothing was done to remedy this and I called and talked to the financial counselor, her manager, the billing department, their manager.. and still waiting on resolution. It's a horrible process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Samir Babayev at UT Southwestern?
At least 3 or 4 times I got misinformation or instructions. When I talked to Dr. Babayev about one of these instances, he told me that they process 20-25 patients a day and don't remember all of the details (basically). In this particular instance, I had talked to one of the Fellows, Dr. Babayev himself, and another Fellow that did my scan that day about my situation and timing, and she still sent me wrong instructions and then didn't follow up. A different Fellow or nurse can call you each time, so there is no consistency and that can lead to mistakes and oversights.
The nurse that I originally met and taught me how to do the injections - I believe her name was Babitha - was very nice and caring. I talked to several different nurses along the way and it honestly seemed like they were clueless. In my last round, I had to push the nurse for what was supposed to happen.... she gave me wrong instructions and kept insisting. They are unfamiliar with your particular case since it's always someone different.
How was your experience with Samir Babayev at UT Southwestern?
Dr. Babayev is knowledgeable, however, I feel that he really limited me. Based purely on my first AMH test, he first told me that it appeared I had no eggs left, have no chance, should look into an egg donor, etc. When he finally did an ultrasound he found that was not the case at all. It was very frustrating in the meantime. Even afterwards, he decided that I have low ovarian reserve and would not be a good candidate for IVF. I have since had other opinions that are the exact opposite and my treatment has also proven so. I also wasn't crazy about Dr. Babayev recommending at least 6 IUIs. Other clinics will not do more than 3. I feel like he just keeps churning you through the process. I also feel like they don't really push for you to have a successful result. There is a goal of pregnancy with fertility and you pay a lot of money and I didn't feel any urgency with him to get us there. He is also very very conservative in his approach which can be good, but after a couple of rounds I needed something more. I felt like we would never get there with his guidance.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Samir Babayev at UT Southwestern?
Push for more answers. Push for what you want.
Describe the protocols Samir Babayev used in your cycles at UT Southwestern and their degree of success.
I went through 2 IUI cycles with Dr. Babayev and team. For my 1st, he started me on 37.5 iu of menopur. This resulted in basically nothing happening and after 5 days increased my dose to 75iu. I had 1 mature follicle before trigger. For my 2nd IUI, he had me on 75 iu for 10 days and resulted in 2 mature follicles. Both resulted in negative pregnancy tests.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Samir Babayev at UT Southwestern.
The IUI cycle, including monitoring ultrasounds, labs and the actual procedure (without meds) was $1050 out of pocket.
Dallas

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Samir Babayev at UT Southwestern.

This clinic [UT Southwestern] is great. Clean, organized, runs well with doctors, nurses, lab and office staff. It is in a major hospital system which I like because all of your care is interconnected. It’s located in a busy area of Dallas so traffic can be bad at times...Nursing staff is great. Quick to respond to mychart messages. Friendly and informative...Monitoring is between the hours of 7:30-10 am. They would give you a specific time to come to avoid long wait times but as long as you’re in this time frame you can have your testing done. I never had to wait more than 10 minutes to be called back.
Describe your experience with UT Southwestern.
This clinic is great. Clean, organized, runs well with doctors, nurses, lab and office staff. It is in a major hospital system which I like because all of your care is interconnected. It’s located in a busy area of Dallas so traffic can be bad at times.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Orhan Bukulmez at UT Southwestern?
I felt like a human because when he does your consultation he sits down and talks with you in his office. He is very patient answering questions.
How was your experience with Orhan Bukulmez at UT Southwestern?
He is extremely knowledgeable and experienced. I trust him with my care. He is very thorough with explanations and answers all questions. I do not feel rushed with him. My husband struggled a little with his accent.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Orhan Bukulmez at UT Southwestern?
Bring something to write things down. It’s a lot of information. Write down any questions you have.
Describe the protocols Orhan Bukulmez used in your cycles at UT Southwestern and their degree of success.
Lab work, HSG testing, ultrasound I did min stim IVF with ICSI and embryo freeze Orally I took estrace and clomid. Subcutaneously I took cetrotide, menopur, chorionic gonodotropin Result after 1 cycle: 1 frozen embryo
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at UT Southwestern.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Orhan Bukulmez at UT Southwestern.
Cycle management, physician consult, psychological consultation Sonograms and cycle monitoring lab tests Oocyte retrieval including anesthesia In-vitro fertilization, ICSI, extended culture and embryo freeze $3800 Medications at outside pharmacy ~$1000
Describe Orhan Bukulmez's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at UT Southwestern.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
The nursing staff [at UT Southwestern] is friendly but not very responsive. I had to work with a number of them...Strengths - costs lesser then other clinics. Its a teaching facility so there’s always a few residents and fellows around, so you get supported even when the doctor is not available...I did not have any major problems...The staff, fellows and residents knew us on a first name basis and were very supportive.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with UT Southwestern.
Strengths - costs lesser then other clinics. Its a teaching facility so there’s always a few residents and fellows around, so you get supported even when the doctor is not available. This was the only fertility clinic I ever went to so I cannot compare it to others. I did not have any major problems. I would recommend a new patient to educate themselves about their condition and recommended treatment and be on top of it.
Dr. Babayev patiently explained every step in the process and was available for all our questions. He even called me late at night once as he could not respond earlier. He is also very gentle and polite. IVF is a very stressful process and Dr.Babayev helped allay our fears and doubts. The staff, fellows and residents knew us on a first name basis and were very supportive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at UT Southwestern. (Assigned nurse: Roxanne )
The nursing staff is friendly but not very responsive. I had to work with a number of them as teh staff kept changing.
How was your experience with Samir Babayev at UT Southwestern?
Dr.Babayev was a god-send for us! He’s definitely the best doctor I have ever met. Not only is he extremely competent and knowledgeable, he is very patient and warm. He has excellent bed-side manners and always cracks goofy jokes before a procedure to calm you down! I felt like he was quite involved in the process with us as we overcame every fertility associated challenge. IVF is a very stressful process in itself and without Dr. Babayev we might have given up too soon. He kept us motivated while being very realistic. I definitely miss him..now that we have been transferred to an ob/gyn.
Be patient with the staff. Sometimes you might not get your instructions/prescriptions on time.. but it all works out at the end.
I was diagonosed with severely diminished ovarian reserve for my age. Dr. Babayev initially recommended mini-IVF for us. The insurance however did not approve and recommended full IVF. So, Dr. Babayev went ahead with 2 full IVF cycles. These two cycles did not produce desirable results. We did a fresh transfer with the first cycle which did not work. The second cycle did not produce any viable embryos. Dr. Babayev then moved onto mini-IVF. We did two cycles which were both successful. We transferred 2 frozen embryos and I am now 12 weeks pregnant with one.
The treatment was covered by insurance. We paid for medication for 3 out of the 4 cycles and then for the transfer medication.
Describe Samir Babayev's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at UT Southwestern.
None

1 IUI, IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Other
1 IUI, IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Describe your experience with UT Southwestern.
Strengths. I chose clinic b/c UTSW is a trusted facility and the online reviews were positive. Weakness, navigating the insurance and pharmacies is a full time job and clinic told me they would help but I have spent countless hours on phone with insurance and pharmacy by myself. I tried for weeks to get ahold of finance guy who never returned my call. I am not even sure if he still works there even though the front desk staff assured me that were forwarding my messages. When asking for help with all of the conflicting information from insurance, clinic told me that "it's confusing for us too". Which is unacceptable as they have helped countless patients in past. They should not be just as confused as I am. The whole process or pre-authorization for treatments and medications has been a nightmare.
My initial consultation with Samir was thorough and he made sure I understood what my options were given my specific scenario. He listened and had a good bedside manner. The only room for improvement would to see him more often during the labs and sonos. I typically only see the assisting doctors.
They were a few nurses down at times so response time was not as timely was i would have liked. I have also been going through circles with my provider and pharmacy and was told finance would help me navigate but instead the nurses have been helping. They have been somewhat helpful but when it comes to insurance there needs to be clearer guidance
How was your experience with Samir Babayev at UT Southwestern?
Overall, Dr. Babayev has a pleasant and patient personality which helps to soothe the stress during treatments. I did somewhat feel as though I was being taken through a sales presentation during my initial consultation b/c he still wanted to talk about my odds if I used a donor egg even though I told him donor eggs were a definite no as soon as I sat down to speak with him. I had some issues with the clinic and Dr. Babayev was responsive and apologetic and assured me that things would be resolved. Also as I mentioned in one question, I don't see him often. I spoke with him during initial consult, he helped another doctor perform my IUI and finally I spoke to him after a complaint with staff. It would help to build patient confidence if Babayev at least peaked in the room to say hello during some of the scans and labs.
Advocate for yourself. If you are not interested in a treatment option they suggestion then advocate. Do not be coerced into treatments that you are not ready for. Wheter they be donor eggs are skipping IUI and moving to IVF. Of course listen to doctor but at end of day, it's your decision. And do your own reading and research so that you are not coming into the conversations with no background information.
Due to my age and AMH/FSH levels. Babayev suggested I go straight to mini-IVF. However, I started with an IUI as I originally thought IVF was not covered under my insurance. The IUI was a negative pregnancy test. Per Babayev initial recommendation, I am now doing my first treatment of mini-ivf with 100mg of clomid daily and then Menopur and Cetrotide injections. I have been on clomid for like 5 days now and will start injections tonight. Again, mini IVF was chosen b/c of my age, AMH and FSH. I also have only have about 3-4 total antral follicles during my scans.
I really can't remember itemized pricing but general pricing shared from finance was about 8k for Mini IVF and 1500-3k for meds.
I don't recall him speaking on an approach. I did ask if I would do a retrieval after first cycle and he mentioned that i would likely not produce many eggs in a cycle and his goal was to try to collect 7-8 eggs after a few cycles.

17 IVF, 17 Egg Freezing, Surrogacy
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
The turn over with nurses [UT Southwestern] really hinder my cycles. But they are getting better. Now the biggest change is that the financial coordinator is gone. This will also hurt them as a clinic. Utsw does not work with you on cost. They gave us a set cost and will now force us to talk to someone outside the fertility clinic and there’s no sense of compassion in that area now.... 4000 per mini cycle- 12k for traditional but prices change yearly. It has gone up every year. I guess since they are more busy they charging more.
17 IVF, 17 Egg Freezing, Surrogacy
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Describe your experience with UT Southwestern.
The turn over with nurses really hinder my cycles. But they are getting better. Now the biggest change is that the financial coordinator is gone. This will also hurt them as a clinic. Utsw does not work with you on cost. They gave us a set cost and will now force us to talk to someone outside the fertility clinic and there’s no sense of compassion in that area now.
He took time to explain and very knowledgeable but his appointment are short notice it’s hard to work and cycle because you could have appointments with him daily for a week or two
Describe your experience with your nurse at UT Southwestern. (Assigned nurse: Kalie)
The nurses are slow to respond. I understand they wait for dr to review and let them know what to do but they could at least acknowledge that they got your email.
How was your experience with Orhan Bukulmez at UT Southwestern?
He very knowledgeable and does not use generic protocols for everyone. He takes a lot of blood work and tells you what to do the day before. If you are cycling with him you must be open to appointments everyday because he gives you a calendar but does not follow it. So be aware that changes are dependent on your sonogram and blood work from the day before.
He speaks with accent and many people say he hard to understand but I understand him. He doesn’t have other programs like egg donation. He limited to what utsw allows him to do.
I did mini ivf with him. Once you are ready to start. You do baseline to make sure you are surpressed, after that you take clomid for about 4-5 days with cetrotide. Then you have mix of menopur and clomid until follicles are ready for retrieval.
He always suggested single embryos transfers
Dallas

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Orhan Bukulmez at UT Southwestern.

This is an academic institution [UT Southwestern] so there is significant turnover of the nursing staff...They are usually extremely quick to respond to portal messages... Strengths-individualized care... Weaknesses-nurse turnover, not as much hand holding like you would get at a private practice... Things to know- reproductive endocrinology fellows perform the tracking ultrasounds, not Bukulmez.
Describe your experience with UT Southwestern.
Strengths-individualized care, quick response to portal questions Weaknesses-nurse turnover, not as much hand holding like you would get at a private practice(but that was largely ok with me), they don’t do a high number of cases Things to know- reproductive endocrinology fellows perform the tracking ultrasounds, not Bukulmez. That was fine by me since most other places they are done by ultrasound techs. The fellows are board certified obgyns already so this was a bonus. Bukulmez does the transfers and retrievals and the early work up procedures
I chose Dr Bukulmez given that each patient receives personalized care and protocols. Bukulmez is extremely giving of his time during my consultations, much more so than the 2nd opinion I received prior to pursuing IVF from an outside physician
This is an academic institution so there is significant turnover of the nursing staff or the nurses are float nurses and not permanent. Bukulmez was very open that this was the case. I believe all the nurses now are permanent. They are usually extremely quick to respond to portal messages. I did have to advocate for myself sometimes so that I could speak to a fellow when it was a question above the nurses head.
How was your experience with Orhan Bukulmez at UT Southwestern?
Bukulmez is the chairman of the department and one of my main reasons for seeing him was that he is at the forefront of the field, individualizes his protocols, and takes the toughest cases. He does communicate at a very high, medical level. I am a physician so I liked that, but it could possibly be challenging for people not in the medical field or going through this for the first time. My only complaint is I would have liked to get more detailed updates during my IVF cycle to more fully understand what was going on. He is very responsive to the portal messaging via his nursing staff
Estrace priming followed me Antagonist protocol with follistim, menopur, cetrotide. His goal is quality over quantity and we were shooting for 8-14 quality eggs
$10k not including meds
He usually only recommends single embryo transfers in my experience. We only transferred &gt;1 bc they were concerned we wouldn’t make it to blastocyst stage

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
[UTSW] Had a nurse draw blood. She was nice. I didn’t want her to draw blood from my left arm. I never see any veins there. She did it with ease. The front nurse penciled me in after arriving a day early...Was quite a few people there. Never seen this before at fertility clinic. Seems like a family practice bc of how small and nice it feels. Not big and they don’t make you feel like a number. Nice music too.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with UT Southwestern.
Didn’t like the building. Was on 2nd floor and hard to find. But was located at hospital or something similar.Was quite a few people there. Never seen this before at fertility clinic. Seems like a family practice bc of how small and nice it feels. Not big and they don’t make you feel like a number. Nice music too.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Derek Haas at UT Southwestern?
He didn’t rush me. My insurance only covered my initial consultation and he did an ultrasound for free. My last doctor said my only option was IVF due to my AMH being 0.05. Dr.Haas made me feel better by letting me know he saw a quite a few eggs at my first visit. I am scheduled for HSG this Thursday
Bubbly. Had a nurse draw blood. She was nice. I didn’t want her to draw blood from my left arm. I never see any veins there. She did it with ease. The front nurse penciled me in after arriving a day early
How was your experience with Derek Haas at UT Southwestern?
My first fertility clinic tried to push me to IVF after my first visit strictly from blood work. I had given up on trying and one day I just couldn’t stand it. Made an appointment and showed up a day early I guess from not paying attention to date or just was too anxious. They still saw me. Waited maybe 10-15 mins saw Dr Haas and he told me he would do an ultrasound to check to see if he saw any eggs. All this time I thought I only had maybe 2. He said there were other options besides IVF and I’m just dying to see. I am a single mother and I can’t afford IVF and I’m just ecstatic to know there are other options
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Derek Haas at UT Southwestern?
Always get a second opinion. Find a Dr. who wants to help not someone who’d rather help themselves($)
Describe the protocols Derek Haas used in your cycles at UT Southwestern and their degree of success.
Haven’t gotten that far yet :(
Describe the costs associated with your care under Derek Haas at UT Southwestern.
My insurance covered my first visit. He did a free ultrasound. My next appointment I have to pay 350$ for HSG
Derek Haas
Dallas

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Derek Haas at UT Southwestern.

4 IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Mini-IVF was recommended [at UT Southwestern] because I was over 40. It did result in fewer eggs but I don't believe it improved the quality. Over 4 rounds I had 4 eggs retrieved and none made it to blastocyst stage or were ever frozen, so I never made it to a transfer...They [nurses] were great at answering questions, calling in RX's, and just overall helpful...Mini IVF round would have run about $7,000 to completion including the transfer. I never got that far. So I paid about $4,000. Each cycle was billed as a lump sum fee that included all visits, ultrasounds and retrieval.
4 IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with UT Southwestern.
No issues. Billing was fine. Front desk was polite. Labs were done in the office and the girls there were very patient even though it often took several stabs to draw my blood. I originally chose UT Southwestern because I thought they were on the cutting edge and might have new options for my "lost cause" case. I didn't really get that feeling though. We never tried a regular IVF cycle, as my doctor thought mini-IVF would be the better route. But that resulted in only 4 eggs total over 4 rounds of treatment. I don't feel like I got a fair chance to try and conceive. Because it was mini-IVF and required less drugs than a regular IVF cycle it cost me about $25k for 4 tries, instead of $20-$25k for one try of regular IVF. But the end result is the same. I never got to attempt a transfer because none of my eggs were viable, resulting in zero pregnancies. Had I had the money to continue I think I would have looked for a different doctor with new and different ideas. Dr. Bukulmez wasn't a bad doctor, he just didn't have that "never give up" attitude. I felt like I was climbing an uphill battle the whole way and didn't feel like he had much hope for my situation. I want a doctor who is my cheerleader and wants to make my dream come true. This just wasn't that place.
Doctor was nice. Never treated like a number. He does have a very strong accent though so you really have to pay attention. Goes through the information quickly. He always seemed rushed as a I assume there were lots of patients, but I didn't feel like a number. Not rude, just hurried.
They were great at answering questions, calling in RX's, and just overall helpful.
How was your experience with Orhan Bukulmez at UT Southwestern?
Dr. Bukulmez seemed to be a good doctor. Never rude or mean. But he told me up front that I had only a 17% chance of having a baby with my own eggs. He recommended mini-IVF to focus on quality of eggs and not quantity. We went 4 rounds of mini-IVF. 1st round - 2 eggs retrieved, both fertilized, neither made it to blastocyst. 2nd round - 1 egg retrieved, 1 fertilized, made it to Day 3 only. 3rd round - 0 eggs retrieved. (I was given a $1,000 credit towards my next IVF because none of the sacs contained eggs.) 4th round - 1 egg retrieved, 1 egg fertilized, made it to Day 3. I think the one thing I wish would have happened was more trying different options. I felt like we were repeating the same protocol each time and hoping to get a different result. I could have pursued it further but after 4 rounds I was out more than $25,000 and I just couldn't afford to continue. Each round was looking less and less promising. Had it been the other way around and I felt like we were making progress I may have continued with Dr. Bukulmez but that wasn't the case. Not a bad doctor, I just didn't feel like his recommendations were very specialized based on my tests or outcomes. We tried one option and that was it. I probably should have pushed more, but I didn't see him often. Usually working with assistants or nurses.
Be pushier. Ask more questions. Insist on more options.
Mini-IVF was recommended because I was over 40. It did result in fewer eggs but I don't believe it improved the quality. Over 4 rounds I had 4 eggs retrieved and none made it to blastocyst stage or were ever frozen, so I never made it to a transfer.
Dallas

UTSW Fertility clinic from the check in to the check out was amazing. They always knew my name and treated me with optimism every time they saw me. No matter if I was coming for just labs or full visits, the MA, nurses, residents and fellow were patient and personable. ... When my negative result happen after my first FET the clinical team was nice enough to call me with my results and and set me up with a follow up plan appt in order to explain things to me more in person and ask me what I would like to do next.
European, Black or African-American
Describe your experience with UT Southwestern.
When my negative result happen after my first FET the clinical team was nice enough to call me with my results and and set me up with a follow up plan appt in order to explain things to me more in person and ask me what I would like to do next. They knew my name and always were excited to see me, as much as I was excited to see them. They were positive and made me feel comfortable and knowledgeable at all times.
How was your experience with Samir Babayev at UT Southwestern?
Dr. Babayev met me initially with hesitation on my end. He took the time to explain everything to me and why I was a candidate for IVF. I had never imagined I would be a patient that needed assistance with having anther child since I had a child before. He was very nice, respectful and personable. I actually am looking forward to seeing him again for my next child (if need be).
Be open minded and trust the process and your body. Ask questions if you don't understand and be a good patient by doing exactly what instructions say. Patience is key when dealing with science and nature coming together.
eSET was suggested for me due to the grade of my embryos and he always put the health of my future baby and myself when considering number of embryos to transfer.
Dallas

IVF with ICSI was about $10,000 [at UT Southwestern]...Overall I had a great experience at the clinic with the office staff, nurses, fellows and Dr. Babayev. My only frustration was communication between all parts sometimes fell through so you had to follow up sometimes but overall the clinic was accommodating and supportive of our treatment...Allison was my favorite nurse. She was so supportive and was a huge cheerleader for us. She took great care of us!
Describe your experience with UT Southwestern.
Dr. Babayev took time to meet with us in person and discuss treatment options and explained the processes. After failed attempts at getting pregnant we rediscussed options and he was very helpful and knowledgeable about what choices we should make. He was a cheerleader for us and always greeted us with a smile and was willing to answer any and all questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at UT Southwestern. (Assigned nurse: Allison was my nurse when she worked. )
How was your experience with Samir Babayev at UT Southwestern?
Dr. Babayev was a great listener and explainer of information. He never got frustrated with questions we asked and took great care of us. I fully trusted Dr. Babayev and am thankful he was recommended to us.
Always ask questions because he will answer them fully and in detail. Never hesitate to tell him something going on with your treatment or feelings even if it seems small.
I went through 2 IUIs using clomid and letrezole, one for each round. Neither of these drugs gave us the result we wanted so we discuss further options. We then did IVF. We did two frozen transfers. The first did not take but the second did!
IVF with ICSI was about $10,000
Dr. Babayev suggested we transfer one embryo at a time due to our situation.
Dallas
Everyone at the fertility clinic [UT Southwestern] is kind, compassionate, and communicative. Nurse Allison have been notably involved in my care and great at communicating with the doctor. They made my journey much less stressful, made me feel like more than just a patient and for that I am eternally grateful...I’m almost 34 years old, but the functions of my ovaries is over 45 years old. All the hormones are not balanced and it’s very hard to predict the time of ovulation. Tried 1 time only 5 eggs were retrieved. So I took the change to only transfer one egg… They did it at the first shot!! Many thanks to Dr. Babayev. And I will be trying again for the second baby.
Describe your experience with UT Southwestern.
Everyone at the fertility clinic is kind, compassionate, and communicative. Nurse Allison have been notably involved in my care and great at communicating with the doctor. They made my journey much less stressful, made me feel like more than just a patient and for that I am eternally grateful.
My husband and I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Babayev. Our situation was very unique with an uncertain outlook, and he developed a customized approach to every step of our process.
How was your experience with Samir Babayev at UT Southwestern?
Dr. Babayev has been nothing but beyond amazing from the first consultation to every single office visit. He is very knowledgeable in his field and doesn't do unnecessary tests/procedures that hasn't been proven to work. He is easy to work with and responds incredibly fast to all my messages and phone calls.
4 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Egg Freezing
They're [nurses at UT Southwestern] organized, timely for appt, compassionate. Weaknesses-since dr is monitoring closely medications are adjusted daily. I ran out of Menpour first round of mini IVF due to no communication and planning on their end...Emails thru my chart has been effective with getting questions answered...He [Dr. Bukulmez] wanted to do mini IVF retrievals in order to get fewer but better quality eggs. He explained that every cycle is different with some months being better than others. Results have been positive so far with 4 frozen embryos.
4 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with UT Southwestern.
Advice would be to plan ahead on having extra medicine when doing an IVF, better to have extra. Don't schedule travel during a cycle and keep schedule open/flexible if possible. Emails thru my chart has been effective with getting questions answered
More specialized care, plus more monitoring and appts than previous dr.
They're organized, timely for appt, compassionate. Weaknesses-since dr is monitoring closely medications are adjusted daily. I ran out of Menpour first round of mini IVF due to no communication and planning on their end.
How was your experience with Orhan Bukulmez at UT Southwestern?
He's very thorough in explaining the process of mini IVF's, benefits and goals. He shows compassion and specialized care/approach for each patient. Even though UTSW is a teaching hospital, nice to know he does all surgeries and transfers.
Be sure to clear your schedule and be flexible from days 5-14 of your cycle for doctors appointments.
He wanted to do mini IVF retrievals in order to get fewer but better quality eggs. He explained that every cycle is different with some months being better than others. Results have been positive so far with 4 frozen embryos.
My insurance, BCBS of IL has been good, with all benefits met so no major charges yet in 2017
I'm not to the transfer part yet, although we have discussed implanting 2 embryos

Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
The finance department [at UT Southwestern] does the minimal - it seems like they are best at taking payments. If you have insurance, they do little to assess your benefits or coordinate any required pre approvals without a lot of effort on my part to ensure all the paperwork is provided and timely...None of the same nurses are at the clinic compared to the day we started. This makes it difficult to rate because they have varied - some better than others.
East Asian, South Asian
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with UT Southwestern.
The finance department does the minimal - it seems like they are best at taking payments. If you have insurance, they do little to assess your benefits or coordinate any required pre approvals without a lot of effort on my part to ensure all the paperwork is provided and timely.
He spoke to us with empathy and respective to our specific situation.
How was your experience with Orhan Bukulmez at UT Southwestern?
When we first met Dr. B, one of the things he said about infertility being like other diseases and why people should look at it that way made a difference to me - showing how he looks at and approaches our situation. He is open about our chances but maintains a sense of hope that he can get us pregnant. Sometimes it’s difficult to understand him but overall we had minimal issues.
Ask questions - he is always open to our questions which is important
Single transfer recommended due to my unicornate uterus