Genetic counseling: Offered
(208) 529-2019
5296 Commerce Dr.
Murray, UT 84107
Pleasant Grove
1446 W. Pleasant Grove Blvd.
Pleasant Grove, UT 84062
676 South Bluff
St. George, UT 84770
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Utah Fertility Center to a friend?

I only met with Dr. Parker once, for the initial consultation...I was expecting a more drawn out evaluation of digging and diving into every single success and failure we had experienced the last 3 years with our infertility struggle. He did not waste any time. He sat us down, asked specific questions regarding past fertility consultation and medical treatment my husband and I had received, and then suggested an IUI. He then spent the majority of the visit explaining our prognosis as very bright and hopeful with the help of an IUI (that was my favorite part of the visit, and my turning point for Dr. Parker).
At Utah Fertility Center they know their stuff...They seem to be very organized with the resources they give to patients, calendars, and the patient portal that is available for patients to access at home. The main frustration we've experienced is the disconnect from their main clinic in Pleasant Grove. We are at the small clinic in St. George that is a good 4 hours away...I didn't receive the information regarding financial resources and payment options we would have received if were at their main clinic. The only thing I was told, was to call a number to pay my bill.
How was your experience with Jason Parker at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Parker was very professional, direct, candid, and confident in his knowledge of fertility treatment. I only met with Dr. Parker once, for the initial consultation. My husband I were going into this appointment hoping for the recommendation of an IUI, as suggested by my primary care OBGYN who had done everything he could on his end. When meeting with Dr. Parker I was expecting a more drawn out evaluation of digging and diving into every single success and failure we had experienced the last 3 years with our infertility struggle. He did not waste any time. He sat us down, asked specific questions regarding past fertility consultation and medical treatment my husband and I had received, and then suggested an IUI. He then spent the majority of the visit explaining our prognosis as very bright and hopeful with the help of an IUI (that was my favorite part of the visit, and my turning point for Dr. Parker). He performed the ultrasound for me at that visit and explained in depth what was shown on the screen. He identified issues with my ovaries I hadn't been told in the past. He was very thorough and instilled confidence in me of his ability. He didn't focus on getting to know me or my husband or making the appointment very personable, which at first bothered me a little bit, but then I realized he a specialist who is dedicated in helping me achieve pregnancy, not long term care so then I felt okay with his mannerisms.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason Parker at Utah Fertility Center?
His bedside manner may seem a little off at first but just know he cares about your goal in achieving a family and he will provide you with the information, support, and confidence you need in doing so. He is a wonderful specialist.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason Parker at Utah Fertility Center?
With Dr. Parker at first I was taken back by his bed side manner. He was direct and to the point. He didn't waste time, and he even cut me off a time or two as I started explaining symptoms I thought were relevant for him to know. I say it took me back, because I had just come from seeing a doctor who was very personable and would listen to all of my concerns. With this being said, I was expecting that from Dr. Parker so at first I felt like I was being treated like a number. But as Dr. Parker took action quick, determined what I needed, made me feel validated by offering an IUI, and was very thorough at explaining the procedure and the outcomes I realized he wasn't treating me as a number but expressing his confidence in modern medicine and in my prognosis. He gave me a lot of hope which made me feel more human than I had felt in a long with my infertility process.
Describe the protocols Jason Parker used in your cycles at Utah Fertility Center and their degree of success.
At my first appointment, Dr. Parker performed a standard vaginal ultrasound to rule out any major issues he could see from the ultrasound. I was then given a lab slip of several blood tests to be performed (estrogen levels, etc..). When that came back clear my IUI appointments were scheduled. I received a baseline ultrasound monitoring the thickness of the lining of my uterus on the 4th day of my cycle. I was then given a RX for Femara to take for 5 days. During that time I also received a saline water ultrasound to ensure there was anything wrong with the lining of my uterus to make sure implantation was possible. After the Femara, I received a follicle ultrasound. Once it was determined I had a mature follicle, I administered a trigger shot to myself that night and received the IUI two days later.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Michelle McFarland, PA )
I received the majority of my care from the PA, Michelle McFarlane and the nurse on staff, Tammy. Their bedside manner was wonderful! I was especially grateful for the care I received from Tammy. She was always the one to greet me when I would arrive, explain the procedure of the day to me, and would ask me questions about myself. Michelle was also very nice, and great at explaining each step to me. I'm pretty sure she could see my "deer in the headlight" look every time and she would be sure to explain things in a way I could understand them. After my first IUI didn't work, we started to begin another round, but ran into issues with a cyst and my estrogen levels being too high. I was extremely disappointed when she called me that night telling me rather than picking up my Femara RX I would need to go pick up a birth control RX to try to calm my ovaries down. I was super sad and extremely emotional (but to be fair, my estrogen levels were two times what they were supposed to be ;) ). There was a conflict with my birth control rx at the pharmacy and it was 7:00 pm at night. I was supposed to start it that night and they were having difficulty locating the rx she had called over for me. She was so kind to respond to my calls even so late in the evening, and even texted me back and forth until she made sure I had my prescription. I was very impressed with her kindness during a time I was very emotional and upset.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
At Utah Fertility Center they know their stuff. I spent several hours before deciding to go to them on their website reading reviews, and watching their informational videos on common questions regarding infertility. Honestly it was these videos that put me at ease in taking my step to reaching out to them and scheduling an appointment. They seem to be very organized with the resources they give to patients, calendars, and the patient portal that is available for patients to access at home. The main frustration we've experienced is the disconnect from their main clinic in Pleasant Grove. We are at the small clinic in St. George that is a good 4 hours away. This is one reason I really only saw Dr. Parker that one time. I feel my husband and I didn't receive the information regarding financial resources and payment options we would have received if were at their main clinic. The only thing I was told, was to call a number to pay my bill. I understood the disconnect, as they are striving to expand more and that takes time. I think they do the best with what they have, and I'm glad they have services in St. George, even if their not as developed as their Pleasant Grove office quite yet. One thing I did find strange though was after I went to a lab to get my HCG blood test at a lab following my IUI, some random girl from the main office in Pleasant Grove was the one to deliver my news over the phone of a negative pregnancy test. She tried to be sympathetic but it felt awkward as I had never talked to this person or interacted with their staff there, besides to pay my bills over the phone. I think it would have been better if one of the staff members from the St. George office, who I had been associating with, had called me with the news, but all in all it really wasn't a big deal. :)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason Parker at Utah Fertility Center.
The total cost that was not billable to my insurance was $895 for the cost of my IUI and $230 for my initial evaluation with Dr. Parker. The trigger shot and progesterone suppositories were also not covered by my insurance and was about $200. Besides that I received lab tests and the water ultrasound, billable to my insurance, but is still estimating to be close to $800. The Femara was only $5 dollars, as it was covered under my insurance, so that was nice.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
Honestly, Utah Fertility Center is a pretty organized clinic considering everything they have to keep track of. There was only one time my scheduled IUI was not on the schedule when I showed up. I had received the follicle check two days earlier, was given written instructions of what to do for the trigger shot and the sperm collection for my husband, and given the exact time we needed to drop off the sample. When we showed up two days later ( with sperm sample awkwardly tucked in my husbands pocket), they couldn't find my appointment and I honestly think they forgot who I was for moment. She asked me if we even had the follicle check yet. I got flustered, they got embarrassed and were very apologetic! They took the sample, and got us right in and it was not a big deal. Mistakes happen. They took full ownership for it, and took care of it, which in my mind is a huge shout out to them!
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jason Parker at Utah Fertility Center.

After the initial consultation I did not see or hear from Dr. Conway again. I completed three IUI'S with her clinic with two others having to be cancelled, due to too many eggs being ready . I did not expect to see her constantly, but the feeling of simply being passed off was not one that I was fond of...seemed very kind and invested in our success during the consultation. She kept great eye contact and made my husband and I feel very hopeful. Once treatment began however, I feel it was a very different story. I never saw or heard from her again after that initial consultation. I felt I had simply been passed off. My experience as her specific patient was one of confusion and pain, as I honestly would not say that she had any part in my infertility journey.
I think that this clinic [Utah Fertility Center] is really good at marketing and creating a warm environment...The staff was friendly and very welcoming. If you are nervous, just say it! When I opened up about being nervous, the staff was great at addressing my fears and putting me at ease..nurses were very friendly...They were very prompt at returning emails. The staff always explained things to me at the best of their abilities. Once when I went in I was not feeling well and threw up in their sink! The nurses were so nice about it and made me feel so at ease. I mean of course I was embarrassed and felt bad, but they gave me no reason to feel those things.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway seemed very kind and invested in our success during the consultation. She kept great eye contact and made my husband and I feel very hopeful. Once treatment began however, I feel it was a very different story. I never saw or heard from her again after that initial consultation. I felt I had simply been passed off. My experience as her specific patient was one of confusion and pain, as I honestly would not say that she had any part in my infertility journey.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
A piece of advice that I would give to a prospective patient of Dr. Conway would be to make sure you go to another doctor for your diagnostic services. I went to her and during the consultation she asked if I had regular periods, I said yes and that was all that she did on me besides routine blood work. After an increased amount of pain with each period while seeing Dr. Conway I went to another doctor. Almost instantly the new doctor was able to tell me that I had growths in my uterus, PCOS and most likely endometriosis. It was really upsetting to me that none of this was noticed or mentioned during the numerous ultrasounds I was given in Dr. Conway's office.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
After the initial consultation I did not see or hear from Dr. Conway again. I completed three IUI'S with her clinic with two others having to be cancelled, due to too many eggs being ready . I did not expect to see her constantly, but the feeling of simply being passed off was not one that I was fond of. Her nurses were very friendly though, and I did enjoy them.
Describe the protocols Deirdre Conway used in your cycles at Utah Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I did IUI's with Dr. Conway's office. I would report to their office via phone when my cycle day one was. They would then schedule me to come in for my baseline ultrasound. After that appointment I would receive a prescription for chlomid and be scheduled for my next appointment. During the next appointment I would have another ultrasound to check the growth of the follicles. Then, based off of size I would know when to inject the trigger shot. Then come in the next day for the insemination. After insemination I would be lay on the table and they would raise the end of the table up, to where my head was lower than my feet. It always made me think of Phoebe off of friends at that part. After the procedure I would go home and start taking vaginal suppositories to help sustain a pregnancy. Then two weeks later I would go into the clinic again for a blood test. They would later call me with the results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie Morgan)
The nursing staff was amazing! I loved Stephanie. They were very prompt at returning emails. The staff always explained things to me at the best of their abilities. Once when I went in I was not feeling well and threw up in their sink! The nurses were so nice about it and made me feel so at ease. I mean of course I was embarrassed and felt bad, but they gave me no reason to feel those things.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I think that this clinic is really good at marketing and creating a warm environment. With the office being an extension one, I don't think I can really talk on what the offices in Utah are like. The staff was friendly and very welcoming. If you are nervous, just say it! When I opened up about being nervous, the staff was great at addressing my fears and putting me at ease.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center.
Dr. Conway gave us an approximate number upfront for what an IUI would cost and unfortunately I cannot remember the number. The frustrating part to me was that there were a lot of tests and extra things that were not included in that lower number that had initially swayed our decision to continue with treatment.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
Overall I just wish Dr. Conway had been more hands on in my treatments. I simply did not feel that things were being done very thoroughly at this clinic.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center.

2017 - 2020
Male Factor, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
The whole clinical staff [Utah Fertility Center] are always so helpful and thorough. They genuinely care about you and the reason you are there. It is a clean environment. They explain everything in detail. And I always know that they have your best interest at heart. They are amazing and I wouldn't want to go anywhere else.... Danica is just as amazing as Dr. Foulk. She is very compassionate, caring, and kind. I felt that I could ask her anything and she always help no matter what.
2017 - 2020
Male Factor, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Being a patient of Dr. Foulk I always knew what my treatment was going to entail, he explained everything in detail and to where we could understand. Dr. Foulk was there during the most difficult times of my life (my miscarriages), he would personally call to check up on me. Dr. Foulk is so caring and compassionate and I knew that he wasn't ready to give up on making my dream of becoming a mom true. He donated quite a bit of his time as I couldn't always afford the treatments. I lost my last embryo after a negative pregnancy test so we're still trying to figure out how to move forward but I truly know that Dr. Foulk is not ready to give up.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Meet with him, ask him all the questions you have and believe that he is on your side and won't give up on you or your dream.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
With all the issues I have had Dr. Foulk was always so caring and I knew he was just as frustrated as I was. He would personally call me to check on me. He's a great Dr.
Describe the protocols Russell Foulk used in your cycles at Utah Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Oh geez! I have had many different strategies from water ultrasounds, hysteroscopies, D&C, he put me on Depot Lupron for 3 months to get my uterus from being really vascular.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Danica Gilbert)
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The whole clinical staff are always so helpful and thorough. They genuinely care about you and the reason you are there. It is a clean environment. They explain everything in detail. And I always know that they have your best interest at heart. They are amazing and I wouldn't want to go anywhere else.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center.
In the beginning I had insurance that helped pay for my treatments so I'm unsure of the actual cost. After my husband switched companies we lost this benefits but after my first miscarriage Dr. Foulk and the UFC staff helped with the costs of my second egg retrieval and transfers.
Describe Russell Foulk's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Utah Fertility Center.
My first transfer we transferred 2 embryos which ended up in a miscarriage after that Dr. Foulk strongly suggested only 1 embryo transfer in the following transfers.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center.

2018 - 2020
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
[Dr.] Conway in general was very warm and kind...my Husband and I have been receiving treatment for the last 2 years. Our consultation went well and I felt she was able to give us some answers that explained some of the issues we’d been having. Come to find I have PCOS and endometriosis; I’ve also had several other procedures guided by her. When things haven’t gone as planned I appreciate her honesty and willingness to answer our questions and concerns. She has a great bedside manner.
[Nurses at Utah Fertility Center are] Very kind and compassionate people. They’ve had a hard time recalling where we are at in cycles and what we’ve tried before...Prescriptions not being called in in a timely fashion. This has happened on a few occasions. I’ve also had to call asking for results that weren’t provided when I was told to expect them...Each IUI cycles was approximately $900 plus medications...IVF will cost us over 10k for a single cycle.
2018 - 2020
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Take time to fill out all the paperwork prior to your initial consult. Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
Clinic staff often forgetting where we were at in the cycle or what had tried. Conway in general was very warm and kind.
1 timed intercourse cycle with femara and a trigger shot. This ended in a chemical pregnancy. 3 rounds of IUI with femara, dex, injectable and trigger shots. First 2 rounds only 1-2 follicles developed. Our last cycle we added menopur with 5+ follicles. All of these cycles ended with negative beta tests. We are now discussing starting IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Nice updated facility; kind staff; compassionate and flexible. The doctor is impressive and the capabilities of the facility itself is convenient. Sometimes they’ve struggled to recall previous cycles and how I responded. I’ve also left messages with people for those calls to not be returned.
Each IUI cycles was approximately $900 plus medications. My insurance had covered most of my direct consultations. Insurance also helped cover portions of my blood work. IVF will cost us over 10k for a single cycle.
Describe Deirdre Conway's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Utah Fertility Center.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
Prescriptions not being called in in a timely fashion. This has happened on a few occasions. I’ve also had to call asking for results that weren’t provided when I was told to expect them. Nothing that is worthy to “write home about.” We are very fortunate to have access to a clinic of the caliber in our area.

2019 - 2020
My experience as a patient so far has been as good as it could be dealing with something like this. I trust Dr. Conway and feel that she knows what she’s doing and when things haven’t worked she always has another route to try and change. I feel like she really cares about me and what I’m going through and that I’m not just another patient to her...
The nursing staff [at Utah Fertility Center] was very smart and sharpe and compassionate it to what I’m going through. They know what they are doing and can answer most of my questions without having to speak with Dr.Conway...they really help me feel not alone in all of this and are beyond compassionate. I do feel like it would be nice if they assigned their patients to a set group or team of PAs nurses or medical assistants just to keep our information with certain people so when we call or whatnot we can speak to someone who we have delt with in the past.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
She’s smart and knows what she’s doing! Give her all the information you can about you and her spouse and work together to come up with a plan that you both feel comfortable with
I felt like she took her time with me and really got done to the nitty girrty of all my questions. She is patient and kind and I feel that she really cares about what she’s doing and gives her all in this process to help me the absolute best way she knows how
My first 2 cycles I was put on femera 5mg because I had never been on a fertility meds before. Those unfortunately didn’t work and so then my next cycle I did femera with a trigger shot and timed intercourse with scans to check my follicles. Sadly that didn’t work either. At that point me and my husband had to stop with our fertility treatments because we were saving to move into our first house and so for another 2 months I was put back into femera 7.5mg to see if upping the dose would help and that didn’t work either. Last month I went into see her and we got everything set up for us to try iui but with COVID-19 that is being put on hold unfortunately
The nursing staff was very smart and sharpe and compassionate it to what I’m going through. They know what they are doing and can answer most of my questions without having to speak with Dr.Conway.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
As a whole I love it there and feel very taken care of. I trust them and I feel confident they know what they are doing and with their help eventually I’ll have a little baby in my arms. I know everything with infertility is trial and error and they really help me feel not alone in all of this and are beyond compassionate. I do feel like it would be nice if they assigned their patients to a set group or team of PAs nurses or medical assistants just to keep our information with certain people so when we call or whatnot we can speak to someone who we have delt with in the past.
So far I’ve spent about 1,200 with appointments blood draws and medications and treatments

PCOS, Unexplained
I’m using dr Conway for secondary infertility...I have only been able to complete one cycle of femara 5mg with trigger shot for timed intercourse. They found polyps in my uterus and I am awaiting removal of the polyps for further treatment...was very analytical stated the facts and started testing that day. It was nice to be able to start immediately and not have to wait, but my husband described it as being pushed through like cattle.
They [nurses] are friendly and caring, they also take time with you to make sure you know what fit are doing for your treatment abs are willing to answer any questions you have when you call...After getting blood draws done I was informed I would be able to see the results on my portal they have never posted to my portal. I was also told that the polo in my uterus had no effect on my fertility one appointment then the next it was a huge problem resulting in postponing a cycle.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
I saw dr Conway for my consult and then had a phone call follow up with her. After that I’ve not seen her again I’ve only seen her PA and nurses. The initial meeting was good and her treatments aggressive since I’ve been through this before. She was willing to take my experiences and what I wanted when she made the treatment plan.
Be prepared to move quickly of that is what you want. Take your time to think about what you would like to do and let her know she will work with you but you have to be open.
Dr Conway was very analytical stated the facts and started testing that day. It was nice to be able to start immediately and not have to wait, but my husband described it as being pushed through like cattle.
I’m using dr Conway for secondary infertility. I am still using her but so far I have only been able to complete one cycle of femara 5mg with trigger shot for timed intercourse. They found polyps in my uterus and I am awaiting removal of the polyps for further treatment.
They are friendly and caring, they also take time with you to make sure you know what fit are doing for your treatment abs are willing to answer any questions you have when you call
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They are very good at what they do they have done it so much but some times it’s feels like it moves to quickly and you don’t have time to make a decision they want you to decide on the spot. They know who you are but forget what treatment you are doing while you are in the office with them.
200 for saline ultrasound, 450 for timed intercourse. 1200 for hysterograph

2019 - 2020
Dr. Gurtcheff used an antagonist protocol for my IVF...She ended my stims and triggered me a day early so I wouldn’t overstimulate. She was very careful that I was taking doses that were safe for me, and my health and well-being were more important to her than trying to get as many eggs as possible...While we didn’t see her often, she did perform my surgery, egg retrieval, and transfer. We always left every meeting we did have feeling more positive and hopeful than we did going in...She was very honest about the risks of multiple embryo transfer, was very logical about the risks outweighing the benefits, but she ultimately left the decision up to us.
The initial consultation is $230, each IUI cycle is $800-1200, the IVF cycle is $8,300, ICSI is 1500 [at Utah Fertility Center]...they are LGBT friendly, and they are very up to date on all current research. I always trusted what they were doing. The voicemail system and waiting for a call back from the clinical staff was confusing and frustrating at first. But once you figured things out, the processes were smooth...They [nurses] were generally very kind and competant. At the beginning, some of the nurses didn’t explain what was going on very well, so I had to learn on my own.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Gurtcheff was very compassionate, considerate of my time, honest, and warm during most of our interactions. While we didn’t see her often, she did perform my surgery, egg retrieval, and transfer. We always left every meeting we did have feeling more positive and hopeful than we did going in.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Be open-minded with the information she gives you and set realistic expectations as to what it will take to achieve a pregnancy.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
She was very sympathetic, considerate of my time and efforts, encouraging, honest, warm
Describe the protocols Shawn Gurtcheff used in your cycles at Utah Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Dr. Gurtcheff used an antagonist protocol for my IVF, with Gonal F 150, Menopur 75, and Cetrotide. She ended my stims and triggered me a day early so I wouldn’t overstimulate. She was very careful that I was taking doses that were safe for me, and my health and well-being were more important to her than trying to get as many eggs as possible.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Mallory )
They were generally very kind and competant. At the beginning, some of the nurses didn’t explain what was going on very well, so I had to learn on my own.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They are very large, experienced, and have great results. This is the best fertility clinic in Utah. They have female doctors, they are LGBT friendly, and they are very up to date on all current research. I always trusted what they were doing. The voicemail system and waiting for a call back from the clinical staff was confusing and frustrating at first. But once you figured things out, the processes were smooth.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center.
The initial consultation is $230, each IUI cycle is $800-1200, the IVF cycle is $8,300, ICSI is 1500. Preservation of embryos is $655. Medications for IVF are around $3,000 without insurance.
Describe Shawn Gurtcheff's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Utah Fertility Center.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center.

We ended up with 19 eggs, 14 mature, ICSI, 9 fertilized, 4 biopsied and frozen. 3 genetically normal. [results with Dr. Deirdre Conway]...Even though I know she’s super busy I always felt like there wasn’t anything else calling her name...Is thorough, gentle, and she allows your grief to be a thing. She is funny, personable, even called me personally (after hours) when there was specific news she knew could be devastating. From the moment I met her to our transfer day she was present, she was kind and most of all honest.
It’s pretty quick from check in to getting back in a timely manner [at Utah Fertility Center]. They confirm your name at each checkpoint to be thorough. They know you by name depending on your tx plan. It’s clean, it’s big and you could easily feel overwhelmed but it’s such a warm atmosphere. You can tell the staff has longevity and they are all so empathetic...team is on point and very responsive; especially since you don’t always see the doc.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Make sure you’re a fit. There are plenty of of RE’s out there. Allow yourself to be vulnerable. They want you to succeed and part of successful treatments in my option is our comfort level as a patient. But if you don’t feel a great vibe it’s okay to ask to meet a different doc under that practice.
Even though I know she’s super busy I always felt like there wasn’t anything else calling her name. Her team is on point and very responsive; especially since you don’t always see the doc.
For my egg retrieval she upped doses on certain meds because of my age and that we were wanting to just do one retrieval. At my saline u/s she saw some thickened lining and advised hysteroscopy at time of retrieval. That was daunting to think about but so grateful she knocked two birds out with one stone. She wanted to help us achieve that goal if possible. My husband had to have a TESE so we already had his sperm on Ice while I was stimming. We were able to stim a few days longer because they wanted a few follicles to catch up. We ended up with 19 eggs, 14 mature, ICSI, 9 fertilized, 4 biopsied and frozen. 3 genetically normal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Morgan )
Morgan was empathy, responsive, and helpful.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
It’s pretty quick from check in to getting back in a timely manner. They confirm your name at each checkpoint to be thorough. They know you by name depending on your tx plan. It’s clean, it’s big and you could easily feel overwhelmed but it’s such a warm atmosphere. You can tell the staff has longevity and they are all so empathetic.
Roughly $20k give or take.
Due to my age and ICSI and PGS testing we never wanted to transfer more than 1 respectively
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
Of my 15 vials of blood drawn one of them was misplaced or lost in transport. Frustrating that I had to wait for result and have it drawn again. This is what I was told. Maybe there was a different reason but it’s in the past and not even a thing.
+ Read more- Read less

One thing I will never forget for Dr. Conway is that when I told her about my financial challenges she immediately looked for other options such as clinical trials and I was luckily enrolled in a study after that. This have relieved my worries about securing financial funds needed for the IVF...The only limitation was not physician approach as much as it was the study protocol. I was only allowed 1 embryo transfer at a time since the quality was good AB, AB and CB. Also genetic testing was not allowed...
[Utah Fertility Center's] strength is in the staff friendliness, reputation of their doctors and the genuine care you recieve from everyone. The place is always clean and tidy as well. The only thing I would comment negatively on is that it takes so long for calls to be answered and sometimes it isn’t answered. This is really a weakness since the only support is through calls...I underwent IVF using a new medication vs. placebo. I was on the medicine which I took 15units daily for 7 days. I ended up having 4 ollicles were major and that’s when I was given the trigger shot. 6 eggs were retrieved 4 were mature and fertilized with icsi and 3 were blasts by day 5/6. I had 1 transfered so far and it wasn’t successful and will still go for the second 1 soon. Before the IVF I had water US done where it showed a polyp that was removed.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway was great. I went to her after reading and watching reviews about her and she lived up to my expectations. Dr. Conway was tentative, listened to all my concerns, reviewed my previous treatment history and asked questions where it mattered. She was very sympathetic, acknowledged my pain and suffering and started explaining in details possible causes and treatment options. My husband and my sister who attended the first visit with me where included in the discussion and their questions answered fully with a gentle supporting smile on her face this whole time. After that possible options with the pro and cons of each was explained and we considered all of them and made our informed choice to go for IVF since I had multiple IUIs done previously. One thing I will never forget for Dr. Conway is that when I told her about my financial challenges she immediately looked for other options such as clinical trials and I was luckily enrolled in a study after that. This have relieved my worries about securing financial funds needed for the IVF.
Dr. Conway is busy, be ready to wait for appointments for months and you better make sure you are there on time when the time comes. I have scheduled my appointment months before and actually missed it because of traffic congestion. They were nice enough to to schedule another appointment in a week time so I did go there on time. You should also be ready to wait for sometime even if you arrive on time. I wouldn’t complain since the visit is worth the wait. One more thing, don’t expect to see Dr. Conway at every visit. But she sure knows her patients and what’s going on with them. I also didn’t mind it much since the first few consultations and assessments were the basis to agree on a plan of care which I am following right now.
Doctor Conway was very kind and she was trying to help me get pregnant.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic strength is in the staff friendliness, reputation of their doctors and the genuine care you recieve from everyone. The place is always clean and tidy as well. The only thing I would comment negatively on is that it takes so long for calls to be answered and sometimes it isn’t answered. This is really a weakness since the only support is through calls.
The only limitation was not the physician approach as much as it was the study protocol. I was only allowed 1 embryo transfer at a time since the quality was good AB, AB and CB. Also genetic testing was not allowed.

PCOS, Unexplained
Ask is it is possible to see her [Dr. Deirdre Conway] on your visits instead of dealing with the nurses...When I actually get to see Dr. Conway she is very informative and I seem to leave with hope and comfort. I will say I don't get to see her very often. I don't see or hear from her after my appointments. I only communicate with her nurses. I definitely feel like she could be more involved, especially with so much money on the line...they started me on clomid with timed intercourse. With 2 or 3 fails of that, they started me on Femara and I did an IUI with that. I was so lucky to get pregnant with that first IUI. Since then I have been back in hopes of having another child. So far I have had blood work, dye tube testing, Femara and two failed IUI's.
[Utah Fertility Center] started me on clomid with timed intercourse. With 2 or 3 fails of that, they started me on Femara and I did an IUI with that. I was so lucky to get pregnant with that first IUI. Since then I have been back in hopes of having another child. So far I have had blood work, dye tube testing, Femara and two failed IUI's...Overall my experience with the nurses has been really good. They are always so sweet and helpful. One thing I would say is that I feel like they are getting to busy at this clinic. Sometimes it's hard to get in contact with a nurse right away. They usually check voicemails at the end of the day and get back to you.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Ask is it is possible to see her on your visits instead of dealing with the nurses.
I felt like I was treated like a human. Dr. Conway is a very nice and professional doctor. They only thing I would like to see different is more interaction with her verses the nurses. During my two failed IUI's I never spoke with Dr. Conway. She reviews everything, but you never speak with her directly.
When I first visited the clinic they started me on clomid with timed intercourse. With 2 or 3 fails of that, they started me on Femara and I did an IUI with that. I was so lucky to get pregnant with that first IUI. Since then I have been back in hopes of having another child. So far I have had blood work, dye tube testing, Femara and two failed IUI's.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Utah Fertility Clinic's strengths are definitely the knowledge they have. I can definitely see that they are very will educated and take things very seriously. Their weakness would be that they over book and the doctor's themselves need to spend more quality time with patients. Even a phone call to talk about the visit would be nice.
Around $1,000 for every IUI.

Anovulation, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Dr G [Gurtcheff] was so kind and loving towards my family, she made things feel like priorities and urgent. She saw how hard it had all been on me and was the salve for our painful reality. ... I brought along all the information I could as well as treatments I did. Dr G started me on Metformin (750mg 2x a day) as well as clomid. ... We discussed my chances Of success with IUI. ... Dr. G suggested that we do frozen embryo transfer due to my diagnosis of PCOS. She explained why and we all agreed it was the best option.
The clinic [Utah Fertility Center] has many locations which is so convenient. I was seeing mostly at Murray and Pleasant Grove during my years and continued time. They have specific people for every situation, this helps ensure that you are being placed with knowledge and care. The only weaknesses I witnessed would be that maybe 15% of the staff are hard to communicate with, show little empathy or little urgency. But that’s to be expected anywhere you go. I really enjoy the clinics cleanliness and presentation. It is very comfortable and clean to be there
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr G is the reason we have our son. She’s the reason I didn’t give up on the medical world and continued on with treatments after seeing 2 other clinics that treated me like they had all the time in the world and had shown no urgency. Dr G was so kind and loving towards my family, she made things feel like priorities and urgent. She saw how hard it had all been on me and was the salve for our painful reality.
Take in all the information you have on yourself and current situation. Inform dr G of any and all information you have and she will adjust your care to fit you perfectly in the timeline you need.
She was the 4th doctor I consulted with (3rd specialist) and she looked me in the eyes, expressed empathy as I explained our painful journey. She first expressed her condolences and then proceeded on how to continue forward.
I went to DrG after seeing 2 other specialist. I brought along all the information I could as well as treatments I did. Dr G started me on Metformin (750mg 2x a day) as well as clomid. Doing this combination felt different as I was convinced I was pregnant just 1.5 months later. Unfortunately I was not and went back to her clinic in tears. We discussed my chances Of success with IUI. The percentage rate she shown us were not much better, we explored our percentage rates of success for IVF. It was hard to wrap our heads around the cost. We knew it was the next step, she set us up with a coordinator right away and we began planning. We knew egg retrieval Would be next step. Dr. G suggested that we do frozen embryo transfer due to my diagnosis of PCOS. She explained why and we all agreed it was the best option. I began in December 2014 egg retrieval was in January 2015. I do not remember the exact dosage of menopur that I was on. Those were tiny shots in and around my belly, I went in every other day to measure and check on growing follicles. The clinic monitored me very well, we retrieved at optimal time thanks to them tracking me very closely. We set a day for transfer in March 2015, leading up to transfer i began progesterone in oil as well as suppositories. Estradiol was also prescribed. I did one suppository at night and one in the morning-1ml shot of progesterone and I can’t remmeber dosing of estradiol. Bloodwork would determine how much longer I would continue estradiol. Progesterone and estradiol prepped my body for transfer, The reason for both was to mimic a cycle for my body so when it came time for transfer, my body would hold onto the pregnancy. I continued progesterone shots for 10 weeks after transfer. Protocol after transfer was to a wait for 10 days before having a blood test to determine hCG levels. The clinic specifically puts you on very light activity for 48 hours post transfer. This is to ensure low stress so the body can be optimal to accept embryo.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Chelsee Young )
Chelsee was amazing. She answered questions timely. Shown care and concern when I was anxious or worried. Walked me through processes- and if she wasn’t educated fully she let me know-found answers and educated me in return.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic has many locations which is so convenient. I was seeing mostly at Murray and Pleasant Grove during my years and continued time. They have specific people for every situation, this helps ensure that you are being placed with knowledge and care. The only weaknesses I witnessed would be that maybe 15% of the staff are hard to communicate with, show little empathy or little urgency. But that’s to be expected anywhere you go. I really enjoy the clinics cleanliness and presentation. It is very comfortable and clean to be there
Around 10,000$ For egg retrievel (pays for dr fee clinic fee and all the meds) 500$ a year for keeping eggs frozen. 7500$ for transfer (dr fee, meds) Clinic appointments with ultrasound Around 350-450$ Saline sonogram around 650$
Dr. G chose a single embryo transfer because of the quality of our embryos. They were excellent and my uterus was also excellent. This gave us optimal chances for a viable pregnancy.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Parker has a calming presence. He is very knowledgeable and we were very grateful that he took the time to look at our past medical files from other doctors so that we didn't need to run more of the same tests. Dr Parker explained all of our options thoroughly and gave us the hope and comfort we needed to start treatments right away. ... I felt that Dr Parker really wanted to help us achieve our goal of having a baby. He always made sure to explain procedures well and made sure we were comfortable with each step.
Utah Fertility Clinic has a clean, calm, environment with wonderful staff. Each appointment I had, I never waited longer than 5-10 minutes and was very well cared for. From the front desk, to nurses, to billing staff, they were always smiling and pleasant to work with, and especially sensitive to understanding the challenges patients are faced with.
How was your experience with Jason Parker at Utah Fertility Center?
I would advise that you go in ready to begin treatments, because Dr Parker doesn't waste time. He gets the ball rolling, which we were so grateful for.
First we were scheduled to have tests ran to make sure my uterus and tubes were ready for an IUI. Due to me needing a hysteroscopy to clean out my uterus, this cycle was canceled and we rescheduled for after the surgery. Our first complete cycle, I was put on a higher dose of Femara and proceeded with an IUI, which resulted in a negative pregnancy test. Our second complete cycle, I was put on an even higher dose of Femara and we proceeded with another IUI which also resulted in a negative pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Susie Sollis)
Susie Sollis was my absolute favorite person at the Utah Fertility Clinic. She was professional and so compassionate. She always made sure we were comfortable and understood each step of the procedure. All of the nurses at the Utah Fertility Center really made our experience worth while, even though we haven't conceived yet, I would do it all again to be in the amazing care of their staff.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The IUI procedure cost around $800-$1000 plus the cost of medication and any prior testing.
+ Read more- Read less

So far in my treatment I have had a positive experience working with Dr. Conway. I think my only frustration is that after my initial two visits, I have not even laid eyes on her. She was willing to sit down with me and discuss my concerns and answer questions. ... Since I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility, we decided to just move forward with doing an IUI. She said we would do about 2-3 and then re-evaluate from there if that hadn't worked. I'm not on my 3rd cycle. She also put me on femara instead of clomid, because she believes it is better and has less side effects.
They [Utah Fertility Center] are very good about calling you back within the day if you have questions. They have on call workers on the weekend. They are all very kind and you feel like they care, even people who are scheduling your next appointment. ... The staff at Dr. Conway's office are all very kind and caring. They are validating and many have gone through fertility treatments as well. They make you feel comfortable and cared about.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
So far in my treatment I have had a positive experience working with Dr. Conway. I think my only frustration is that after my initial two visits, I have not even laid eyes on her. She was willing to sit down with me and discuss my concerns and answer questions. She normalized some things for me and helped me find a solution. She seems kind and caring and aligns with my goal of wanting to get pregnant. I would definitely recommend her, however I would like to have met with her more or see her more for my actual treatments.
Ask as many questions as you have. Don't be afraid to schedule a consultation with her if you have more questions along the way. This is totally appropriate to do, especially since you won't see her too often otherwise.
Dr. Conway was willing to listen to me and answer my questions. I had some concerns and she normalized them and helped me find a solution I felt comfortable with.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They are very good about calling you back within the day if you have questions. They have on call workers on the weekend. They are all very kind and you feel like they care, even people who are scheduling your next appointment.
As my insurance does not pay for fertility treatment, they would bill anything to insurance that was "billable" like labs or other diagnostic testing. The IUI was $875 and that cannot be billed through my insurance. I also paid for my medications separately through a pharmacy they work with who works with them to provide less expensive medications.

Anovulation, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Other
I had tried eight rounds of varied dosage of Letrozole before I was referred to Dr Conway, with only ovulating half of the time. She saw that with my history and diagnosis of PCOS that we would want to monitor my follicles, still start with Letrozole and add in some Gonal F injections to grow my follicles and then use Novarel for help with ovulation. My follicles were still a little slow at getting to the correct size, and added dexamethasone. Two rounds of timed intercourse and started round two of IUI and this protocol has produced two nice eggs every cycle.
Only once was a single medication left off from my calendar [at Utah Fertility Center]. So I called in, they apologized, quickly corrected my calendar and called in the medication needed...original consultation was around $250. Monitored medicated timed intercourse cycles are about $585 and monitoring medicated IUIs $875. This is not including my medications...They are very calm, understanding and so sweet when getting bad news. They are great at fitting you in for appointments the days that you need them, even when something unexpected comes up during a cycle. The only weakness is that I’ve had to call for them to put in a prescription once. Everything else clinic wide has been great.
European, Other
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
She listens well, she looks over your past medical history before your consultation, she gives a sense of understanding and hope that makes you feel like you can achieve a healthy pregnancy. She answers your concerns in a timely manner when you send messages or call in.
Make sure she has your medical record history before seeing her. Other than that, she has been wonderful.
She took her time during our consultation, went over all of our options, listened to everything we’ve tried in the past with OBGYNs, and gave us hope.
They’re all so kind and take all of my concerns seriously.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
My insurance does not cover fertility treatments. So original consultation was around $250. Monitored medicated timed intercourse cycles are about $585 and monitoring medicated IUIs $875. This is not including my medications.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
Only once was a single medication left off from my calendar. So I called in, they apologized, quickly corrected my calendar and called in the medication needed.

Anovulation, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Because of my previous miscarriages, I wanted to transfer 2 hoping at least one would make it. My doctor [Dr. Foulk] was happy to let me transfer 2...has always been so kind and patient. I feel like he knows us and shares in our excitement with a positive pregnancy test and then shared in our loss when I miscarried...After seeing another RE that didn’t listen or respect us, coming to Dr Foulk was a breath of fresh air. He immediately was able to diagnose me after 5 years of “unexplained infertility” and set a course of action to get us going in our treatments.
Scheduling the IUIs [at Utah Fertility Center] was always really hard. Once I started IVF, I felt like I had vip status and they were way more responsive. It was also helpful to have a dedicated coordinator at that point instead of having to leave a message with the nursing staff and waiting for them to return my calls... Certotide for 4 days before retrieval and Prognyl hcg trigger shot. Resulted in 33 eggs at retrieval, 19 fertilized, ended with 7 5-day blasts. Endometrin 3x day and then 2 ml Progesterin in Oil once pregnancy was confirmed.
Anovulation, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Ask as many questions as you’d like! Dr Foulk is so good to answer everything and work with you and your schedule.
Dr Foulk has always been so kind and patient. I feel like he knows us and shares in our excitement with a positive pregnancy test and then shared in our loss when I miscarried.
We used birth control for 4 weeks and then started stims with Gonal F 300, adjusted up to 375 along with Menopur 75. Certotide for 4 days before retrieval and Prognyl hcg trigger shot. Resulted in 33 eggs at retrieval, 19 fertilized, ended with 7 5-day blasts. Endometrin 3x day and then 2 ml Progesterin in Oil once pregnancy was confirmed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lacey Mickelsen )
The nursing staff is generally pretty good. Some nurses are better than others so it’s easy to pick favorites. Lacey was always great to reach out and update my chart online, which was super helpful!
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Scheduling the IUIs was always really hard. Once I started IVF, I felt like I had vip status and they were way more responsive. It was also helpful to have a dedicated coordinator at that point instead of having to leave a message with the nursing staff and waiting for them to return my calls.
IUIs were $850ish (not including meds) IVF was $8300 (not including meds) and $750 for cryopreservation of our remaining embryos.
Because of my previous miscarriages, I wanted to transfer 2 hoping at least one would make it. My doctor was happy to let me transfer 2.
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Gurtcheff] explained that if i have 3 or more mature follicles we would not be able to move forward with an IUI, because of the chance of multiples. She is ok with two mature follicles for IUI...Between our 2nd and 3rd IUI we didn't have any communication with our doctor, we were frustrated but ended up meeting with her and made a new plan. we now communicate with her through the patient portal...were able to speak with her and she assured us that she she looks at our chart often and is always aware of our situation. It helped us feel a little better, since we haven't seen her at any of our IUIs.
Between our 2nd and 3rd IUI we didn't have any communication with our doctor [Dr. Gurtcheff], we were frustrated but ended up meeting with her and made a new plan. we now communicate with her through the patient portal that Utah Fertility Center offers and it is much easier...the nursing staff so far has been very kind and compassionate to us. We only had one problem with a nurse who has very short with us and didn't really answer our questions in detail, but i can't remember her name. There is one NP that I really like, her name is Anne-Marie. She explains everything so well and answers all of our lengthy questions. She is very sweet and I can tell she cares about my treatment. I prefer to have her help us each time, but it is never the same NP or nurse that gives me an ultrasound, etc.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
We have only met with Dr. Gurtcheff twice, and felt like we weren't receiving much communication from her or the plan she has set for us. We happened to see her on one of our many visits and were able to speak with her and she assured us that she she looks at our chart often and is always aware of our situation. It helped us feel a little better, since we haven't seen her at any of our IUIs.
Be upfront about what you want and how much time you're willing to spend on each step (timed intercourse, IUI, then onto IVF, etc.)
Between our 2nd and 3rd IUI we didn't have any communication with our doctor, we were frustrated but ended up meeting with her and made a new plan. we now communicate with her through the patient portal that Utah Fertility Center offers and it is much easier.
The first 2 IUIs i was just on Fermara, the upped my dose to the highest dosage for my second IUI. I came in every few days/once a week to check my follicle size, etc. once my follicle was mature, they had me use the trigger shot and i came in for my IUIs 24 hours later. For my 3rd IUI, we introduced Clomid and Fermara along with the ultrasounds and trigger shot. it seemed to help my follicles grow faster and larger, which was great. I had one on each side that was mature and the other times i only had one. I am starting my medication for my 4th IUI today - again with the highest dosage of fermara and clomid. I have developed a cyst on my left ovary in between my last IUI and now, but they just called me with my blood results and it is not estrogen producing, so we can move forward with my 4th IUI. Before my IUIs, we tried one cycle of timed intercourse with fermara and a trigger shot.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic is very nice and well kept, the woman that is at reception is awesome and remembers everyone's name, her name is Hilda. When it comes to the finance department, who answer questions about bills and charges, they could be a little more patient and compassionate. Sometimes they don't communicate adequately with reception, so reception with answer our questions about a bill and the answer will be wrong because they were not trained properly from Finance.
for each IUI cycle, it costs around $900.00 plus medication, that is around $50.00. We have not gotten the cost numbers for IVF quite yet.
She explained that if i have 3 or more mature follicles we would not be able to move forward with an IUI, because of the chance of multiples. She is ok with two mature follicles for IUI.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
there was just some miscommuncation with the finance team. We know our doctor is not covered by our insurance, so I called and specifically asked if when we meet with her on our first ultrasound appointment for our 3rd IUI would cost us extra. The person at reception said that she checked and it will not cost extra and it would be covered by our IUI cost. It was not covered, and we were surprised with a $300 bill because we met with Dr. Gurtcheff. We would have spoken to her over the phone if we would have known we would have to pay extra for this, or even emailed her through the patient portal. It was frustrating.

Anovulation, Male Factor
Dr. Conway prescribed a thyroid medicine, as my tests came back stating I have a thyroid issue. Thyroid can cause infertility and she wanted to see if we could get my numbers back in a healthy range. This has been the only treatment plan thus far...While talking to Dr. Conway, she noticed how interested my husband and I were in the nitty-gritty details and broke everything down even more. She was very professional and easy to talk to. No question asked was considered a “bad” question so it made her easier to talk to about all of the things
We have never waited longer than 5 minutes to go back [at Utah Fertility Center]; several times it was like I sat down and a minute later they were bringing me back to the room! They also have a hot cocoa/coffee machine which is super nice. We have never had any issues or attitude from the receptionists; they have all been sociable and kind. Only the best things to say about this clinic, for sure. Best doctor experience I have ever had.
Anovulation, Male Factor
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway really took the time to listen to my husband and I. She also was extremely thorough while telling us about possible issues as well as the possible procedures we could undergo. I did come in with a cycle calendar that was misinterpreted. However it is unclear whether Dr. Conway misinterpreted it or if the person who scheduled the appointment scheduled it for a “normal” cycle (my cycle is 23 days; “normal” is 28 days). So my ovulation test was scheduled at a time when I wouldn’t have a chance at positive results (it was scheduled 1 day before my expected period). When this was brought up with a nurse practitioner, she was confused as to why my blood was drawn that day too. However, all other tests and procedures have gone smoother for sure. They took my calendar and I more seriously after that and scheduled an ovulation test at a more appropriate time.
Make sure you know your cycle before going in. I tracked mine on an app and it helped Dr. Conway figure out when tests would be appropriate. Also, advocate for your cycle. In the moment, it’s easy to get overwhelmed. But if they want to have you take an ovulation test at a certain time that your calendar says isn’t close to correct (apps aren’t always right, though!), make sure you ask why and bring up that your app said otherwise. They’re really great at answering questions and taking things into consideration!
They were so sweet and definitely made an effort to break any awkwardness. They always made sure they spoke within their own level of competency and told us what questions were more applicable for Dr. Conway.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
We have never waited longer than 5 minutes to go back; several times it was like I sat down and a minute later they were bringing me back to the room! They also have a hot cocoa/coffee machine which is super nice. We have never had any issues or attitude from the receptionists; they have all been sociable and kind. Only the best things to say about this clinic, for sure. Best doctor experience I have ever had.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
We felt that he [Dr. Jason Parker] took the time to take our concerns and opinions into consideration throughout our treatment process. We weren’t able to see him at every appointment but if there was some pressing question or concern we had, Dr Parker would see us or call us and address those issues. We are still in the process of figuring out what treatments work best for our situation but so far have felt very comfortable working with him.
It [Utah Fertility Center] is easy to find with lots of parking. It is a little hard to get a hold of the staff on the phone but they always call me back by the end of the day. Communication via the online patient portal has seemed to be the best way for me to reach someone...nursing staff was always so friendly to us. They would greet us and introduce themselves if we hadn’t worked with them yet. They seemed to genuinely care and wished us luck each time we went in for our ultrasounds. They took the time to answer our many questions. They comforted us when setbacks occurred in our treatment and when I was nervous about having to give myself injections at home.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Jason Parker at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr Parker has such a warm bedside manner. We felt that he took the time to take our concerns and opinions into consideration throughout our treatment process. We weren’t able to see him at every appointment but if there was some pressing question or concern we had, Dr Parker would see us or call us and address those issues. We are still in the process of figuring out what treatments work best for our situation but so far have felt very comfortable working with him.
Don’t be afraid to express your concerns and to ask questions. Dr Parker has always been great at making sure we would be able to make informed decisions and understand each step in our treatments. Setting realistic expectations and goals with Dr Parker (for our situation) has also helped us to have a positive experience.
Dr Parker listens to our concerns and personally calls us to discuss treatment options and why certain procedures might not have worked. His staff was also very warm in greeting us and making sure we were always taken care of.
I have PCOS. I was given Provera to help me start menstrual cycles. I was started on 100mg of Clomid since 50mg with my previous doctor had not been working. I was also given 500mg of Metformin for one week. At my ultrasound, I had no follicle growth so we upped my Clomid to 150mg and 1000mg Metformin. I wasn’t responding to those medications so we decided to try for an IUI cycle. I was given Provera to start another cycle and switched to 2.5mg of Letrozole. My follow up ultrasound showed no follicle growth so I was given 5mg of Letrozole and Dexamethasone. After five days there was still no follicle growth so my IUI was cancelled. I took Provera to start another cycle and attempt to prepare for another IUI. I was given 7.5mg of Letrozole and a double dose of Dexamethasone. After a week I was still not showing any follicle growth so Dr Parker decided to put me on Gonal F-RFF 75IU for three days. At my follow up ultrasound I had a tiny bit of follicle growth. But my lining was starting to thin so we had to cancel my IUI cycle again. We’re hoping to try for an IUI cycle again with full injectables before looking into IVF. I have a high egg reserve so we’ve been trying low dosages of medication because Dr Parker was concerned about hyperstimulation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center.
Dr Parker’s nursing staff was always so friendly to us. They would greet us and introduce themselves if we hadn’t worked with them yet. They seemed to genuinely care and wished us luck each time we went in for our ultrasounds. They took the time to answer our many questions. They comforted us when setbacks occurred in our treatment and when I was nervous about having to give myself injections at home.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic is close to our home and was personally referred to us by friends who have received treatments there. It is easy to find with lots of parking. It is a little hard to get a hold of the staff on the phone but they always call me back by the end of the day. Communication via the online patient portal has seemed to be the best way for me to reach someone.
Consultation and appointments were covered by my insurance. An IUI cycle minus medications was about $800. My oral medications varied from about $4-80 each. A three day supply of Gonal F-RFF 75IU was $210.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
A prescription for additional Gonal F injections was delayed in getting to the out of state pharmacy we were using. It was stressful because of the time sensitive nature of our treatment protocol but the issue was quickly fixed and a spare Gonal F injection was given to me by the clinic until my medication arrived.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Russell Foulk] took the time to explain everything in a way we understood. And he answered any and all questions we had...he has so many clinics to go to that we only saw him once...After that the nurses handled everything and we didn’t see or talk to him again...Don’t expect him to do any of your procedures...I took 50 units of gonal-f a day for about 2 weeks. That produced very little change in my ovaries. And my lining started to thin out so they canceled that cycle.
During both of my cycles [at Utah Fertility Center] I was going into their office 1-2 times a week for vaginal ultrasounds to check my follicles progress up until my iui. The nurse did everything and I never saw or talked to dr. Foulk after the consultation...She [care coordinator] double checked with dr. Foulk before continuing or changing my treatment. And the rest of the nursing staff was great they were very professional and friendly. And also very compassionate.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He is a great doctor but he has so many clinics to go to that we only saw him once when we first got our constellation. After that the nurses handled everything and we didn’t see or talk to him again.
Don’t expect him to do any of your procedures, or to see him again after your constellation.
He took the time to explain everything in a way we understood. And he answered any and all questions we had.
He started me on progesterone to induce a period. And it went as planned. He then had me take clomid (100mg) for a few days, that produced zero results so they started me on injectables. I took 50 units of gonal-f a day for about 2 weeks. That produced very little change in my ovaries. And my lining started to thin out so they canceled that cycle. The second cycle we tried 2.5 mg of femara for 15 days that also produced nothing. So we started out at 75 units of gonad-f and it barely started to work so they upped my dosage to 150 units. That did start my ovaries producing follicles but very slowly so they again upped the dosage to 225 units. This produced 2 perfect follicles, and I was scheduled my iui. I took a trigger shot 36 hours before the iui, and they did 1 insemination. This resulted in a negative pregnancy test. During both of my cycles I was going into their office 1-2 times a week for vaginal ultrasounds to check my follicles progress up until my iui. The nurse did everything and I never saw or talked to dr. Foulk after the consultation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Mcfarland )
My care coordinator Michelle Mcfarland was very knowledgeable and friendly. She double checked with dr. Foulk before continuing or changing my treatment. And the rest of the nursing staff was great they were very professional and friendly. And also very compassionate.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The strengths of this clinic is that they get things done in a timely manner. The weaknesses would have to be getting back in contact with you over the phone, sometimes it took days to hear back from them.
iui: 875.00 That included, ultrasounds and physician monitoring 525.00, sperm preparation 165.00, And insemination 185.00 My injectable meds were between $405.00-$900.00 depending on the dosage. So all in all 1 cycle was around $2,000.00 with everything.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
I had test results that took way longer than was said to get the results back. And several times they forgot to call the pharmacy to get my fertility drugs sent to me. I had to call the pharmacy myself and have them call the fertility clinic to verify my prescription that I needed shipped to me the next day.
+ Read more- Read less

I have only ever met with [Dr. Deirdre Conway] once in person, and once on the phone. I have been in the clinic 5 additional times but have only seen the PA on call. I don’t know when I will even be able to see her next. I think it’s just hard because she is coming from SLC. At the times that I did meet/speak with Dr. Conway, she was very compassionate and explanatory... meets with patients on saturdays when she comes from SLC so that is great because my husband and I both work.
Wait time is very short [at Utah Fertility Center]!! Every time I go for an appointment I am in and out within 30 minutes. The clinic is decorated cute and is clean. They have quite a bit of openings so I am able to schedule my appointments at good times. Dr. Conway meets with patients on saturdays when she comes from SLC so that is great because my husband and I both work...Go with lots of questions and make sure to get clear instructions before leaving the clinic. Sometimes there wasn’t the best communication between the staff. In a couple different situations, after my ultrasound I was supposed to receive further instructions, but all the front desk lady did was make my next appointment. I then found out at my next appointment I was taking the medication wrong
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
I have only ever met with Dr. Conway once in person, and once on the phone. I have been in the clinic 5 additional times but have only seen the PA on call. I don’t know when I will even be able to see her next. I think it’s just hard because she is coming from SLC. At the times that I did meet/speak with Dr. Conway, she was very compassionate and explanatory.
I have a hard time reading Stephanie Morgan. I have met with her every time I’ve gone to the clinic. She doesn’t state her authority, so I sometimes don’t know if that’s her not being knowledgable about the situation, or just her personality.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Wait time is very short!! Every time I go for an appointment I am in and out within 30 minutes. The clinic is decorated cute and is clean. They have quite a bit of openings so I am able to schedule my appointments at good times. Dr. Conway meets with patients on saturdays when she comes from SLC so that is great because my husband and I both work.
I have not received any bills yet. My insurance covers it so I hope it won’t be too much!
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
I have never once been given instructions on how to administer shots. They have just been given to me, and I have had to look up directions online. I also didn’t receive instructions on how to take medication, and my prescription said something different than how I was supposed to take it.
+ Read more- Read less

[Dr. Deirdre Conway] is only in Idaho Falls certain times of the month but she does always have her staff at the IF office...after meeting with Dr. Conway she gave us a plan and did extensive testing to help get to the root of our problem. She was so sincere and wanted to help in anyway possible. She gave us every detail of information we needed and more...helped give us answers and gave us the information we had so desperately been looking for. We found out that my husband has a Y chromosome mutation....hearing that was so hard but Dr. Conway was so sweet and didn’t want us to leave feeling helpless. She gave us all of the alternative plans and was so supportive in whatever we wanted to do next.
I don’t see this as a weakness but [Utah Fertility Center offices] are based out of Utah so Dr. Conway is only in Idaho Falls certain times of the month but she does always have her staff at the IF office. They are there to answer your phone calls and schedule times that work best for you to meet with Dr. Conway. The office is run very well and is very responsive to any questions or needs...She [nurse] always called to check in on me and see if I had any questions or needed anything. She made sure that we had the supplies we needed for at home treatments and even emailed me options for possible sperm donors.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway helped give us answers and gave us the information we had so desperately been looking for. We found out that my husband has a Y chromosome mutation....hearing that was so hard but Dr. Conway was so sweet and didn’t want us to leave feeling helpless. She gave us all of the alternative plans and was so supportive in whatever we wanted to do next.
Listen to her and be open about anything and everything! Trust her!
We actually went to a specialist before Dr.Conway and we left like we left with no answers or no plan. Then after meeting with Dr. Conway she gave us a plan and did extensive testing to help get to the root of our problem. She was so sincere and wanted to help in anyway possible. She gave us every detail of information we needed and more.
She gave us a paper mapping out all of the dates and times that we could try different things. She always had a plan and made sure we understood the plan.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: I worked closing with her RN Leslie )
She always called to check in on me and see if I had any questions or needed anything. She made sure that we had the supplies we needed for at home treatments and even emailed me options for possible sperm donors.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I don’t see this as a weakness but are based out of Utah so Dr. Conway is only in Idaho Falls certain times of the month but she does always have her staff at the IF office. They are there to answer your phone calls and schedule times that work best for you to meet with Dr. Conway. The office is run very well and is very responsive to any questions or needs.
We had to pay out of pocket but and it is difficult but when you are taken good care of it makes it ok.

2017 - 2019
she [Dr. Gurtcheff] is amazing at answering any questions you have...She was the Dr. who first diagnosed me with endometriosis. Since I was able to get pregnant naturally, she wanted me to continue trying while taking progesterone after I ovulated for a few more months. After that didn’t work, I decided to have surgery for my endometriosis. During surgery, They found I had stage 3 endometriosis, but the surgeon was confident he excised it all and told me to try naturally for 6 months.
They [nurses at Utah Fertility Center] are all very nice and some of them were also patients at my clinic so they understand what it’s like from a patient perspective...Each IUI is $875 which we had to pay out of pocket...The clinic is very clean and the staff is wonderful. Sometimes the wait times are long, but it just depends on the time of day. The staff is friendly and easy to get ahold of on the phone. The nurses line isn’t very easy to get ahold of however and you have to call back several times or leave a voicemail to speak with a nurse.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
She has the best bedside manner and is very balanced with providing information and showing compassion. She is so patient and I never felt rushed when asking her questions. She is the most empathetic dr. I’ve ever had! She helped me understand what endometriosis is and was the reason I was diagnosed. I love her!
Come with questions prepared, she is amazing at answering any questions you have.
Dr. Gurtcheff is extremely empathetic and kind! She makes you feel like you are important and you’re not making up your pain. I love her!
When I first went to see Dr Gretcheff, I had told her I was able to get pregnant naturally after 2 years of trying, but had a miscarriage at 10 weeks. She was the Dr. who first diagnosed me with endometriosis. Since I was able to get pregnant naturally, she wanted me to continue trying while taking progesterone after I ovulated for a few more months. After that didn’t work, I decided to have surgery for my endometriosis. During surgery, They found I had stage 3 endometriosis, but the surgeon was confident he excised it all and told me to try naturally for 6 months. After I wasn’t able to get pregnant for 6 months after my surgery, I went back to Dr. Gertcheff at the beginning of this year. We decided to try 3 rounds of IUI before pursuing IVF. The first round, I was taking 50 mg of clomid for 5 days after my baseline ultrasound. I produced 1mature egg that round and we did the IUI. We waited for 2 weeks and the results were negative. Dr. Gurtcheff increased my clomid up to 100 mg for the second round, which also produced 1 mature egg and was also negative. For the 3rd IUI, she increased my clomid to 150 mg which produced 2 mature eggs. I’m still waiting to see if the 3rd one worked, but if it is negative our next step would be IVF. We have been trying to get pregnant for a total of 4 years now.
They are all very nice and some of them were also patients at my clinic so they understand what it’s like from a patient perspective.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Each IUI is $875 which we had to pay out of pocket. I don’t know how much IVF would be. The trigger shot and progesterone were about $200 together. Clomid was $40.

2017 - 2019
Dr Gurtcheff is a very good doctor. She has always taken care of my wife and has he best intentions of getting us a baby. She has given us hope that one day we will have a baby. She is very thorough in her research and describes what will be the best course for us in a way that easy to understand...We first did eSET as recommended to have a successful pregnancy and is considering and proposing multiple per the embryos we have left after that.
The staff an clinic [Utah Fertility Center] have always treated us well. We have always been well informed and know what we are getting into...The nursing staff was always very friendly and always very willing to help. They always made themselves available to answer any questions or concerns even after hours. Though sometimes we had to wait for them to return calls theybalways did. I always felt we were well taken care of.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Go into every appointment with an open heart and open mind. Infertility is a rough road and you will not get the results you want all the time. Dr Gurtcheff will do her best to help you through and understand all the processes
Dr Gurtcheff was extremely friendly, professional, courteous, and connected to us and our results. I always felt that Dr Gurtcheff had the health and safety of my wife in mind. Although we had to have our first collection cancelled. We always felt like she was doing her best to get us there. Even through our negative pregnancy test we have always felt like dr Gurtcheff has a plan for us.
My wife received started collection medication. She then performed a standard collection followed by a fresh transfer
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Although very far from of our house I have not had any negative interactions from the clinic. The staff an clinic have always treated us well. We have always been well informed and know what we are getting into.
We have spent around 15$ for medication and treatment trying to conveive

2 IUI, 4 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
He [Dr. Foulk] bounces back between clinics in northern and southern Utah so he isn't always the doctor on hand to help me when I am doing procedures, etc. When he has been there though, he always remembers my husband and me... He has let me invite my acupuncturist to appointments and makes space for her when I do transfers. He has been very accommodating.... we now have tons of answers as to why I haven't been able to get pregnant (endometriosis stage 4, and MTHFR). I still do not have children, but the answers have provided a massive relief,
The building [Utah Fertility Center] is beautiful. The staff knows their stuff. The only issue is possibly that they are quite busy (not really their fault though). So, when I recommend people I let them know in advance that you have to practice a lot of patience because you generally have to wait until the end of the day to receive a call back. The staff works their tails off though. Some clinics wrap up everything at 5 and call it quits. I've received calls at 7 pm before because they are still calling patients. T
European, Other
2 IUI, 4 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Since I've been there so long, there may be another doctor I would be interested in talking to (Dr. Gertcheff - she works at the same clinic) for a 2nd opinion. She seems to have just a bit more compassion (she had to be the doctor to tell me during an ultrasound that I lost my baby, and she rubbed my arm while I sobbed, very soothing and sympathetically). I still adore Foulk, but have been considering switching to Dr. Gertcheff. I may not though, because of my history with Dr. Foulk and because I think he is great at what he does too. He bounces back between clinics in northern and southern Utah so he isn't always the doctor on hand to help me when I am doing procedures, etc. When he has been there though, he always remembers my husband and me (which is important to me, to feel like a human and not a number). He has tried to help lighten the mood when we are stiff and anxious. He is very realistic about expectations (careful to not get my hopes high when I've had poor quality embryos). He takes time with me when I need it, which I very much appreciate. Infertility has turned me into a very type-A person, where I (likely, to a fault) micromanage my cycle. He doesn't scoff at me for it, but instead works with me to make sure mentally, I am taken care of (since IVF is such a huge undertaking anyway). When I start getting really nutso (because of all the stories online) he is careful to guide me back onto the course and explains that not everything I've read online is accurate. He has let me invite my acupuncturist to appointments and makes space for her when I do transfers. He has been very accommodating. Before I met Dr. Foulk, my husband and I had spent 6 years trying to get pregnant. We had seen several unqualified doctors who made grandiose promises to us, that were unsuccessful. Dr. Foulk was the first person who gave us hope. Not even necessarily hope for babies, but hope for answers. For 6 years I was told there was no reason for my infertility, but after seeing Dr. Foulk, we now have tons of answers as to why I haven't been able to get pregnant (endometriosis stage 4, and MTHFR). I still do not have children, but the answers have provided a massive relief, for which I am very grateful. One of my biggest let-down's with Dr. Foulk was simply that he didn't test me for endometriosis until after my 1st failed IVF with them. I wish that was something we would have done from the start, just because the 1st IVF felt like a bit of a waste. To be fair though, I didn't understand that the severity of my symptoms were abnormal so I didn't explain that well enough to urge for testing. I can't blame him for thinking I didn't need a laparoscopy. Other than that, I am very pleased.
I'd say to be patient because he has so many clients (all over the state of Utah) and he works in two different clinics so you may not see him often. I would also say that he is very by-the-book with western medicine, so if you're a little on the eastern medicine side of things, he won't discourage you, but he may not see the purpose. I'd also say that you're in great hands, and that all my friends who have seen him (seriously, everyone but me, haha) has ended up pregnant. I'd say, if you explain to him how infertility has impacted other aspects of your life (emotionally, financially, spiritually, etc) he will have a resource to help you. He really, really, knows his stuff.
Dr Foulk has let me call him and barrage him with questions. I walk into each consultation with a long list of questions, and he patiently takes the time to review each of my concerns, and give me resources to his answers. I've experienced a lot of loss at Utah Fertility Center, and he has always been very sympathetic and kind.
This is long! Here we go. 2014 (6 years into my infertility at this point) = 29 years old I still have the paperwork. My daily meds are: Lupron, prenatal, baby aspirin, coq10 Stim meds (10 days): follistim 225, menopur 1 powder 5 days before transfer I start HGH 50 units Feel so bloated. 10 days of stims, then trigger shot. Egg retrieval 2 days later. 31 eggs retrieved. 26 are mature enough to inseminate with ICSI. 20 fertilized. 2 grade C (heavily fragmented) blastocysts by day 5 (the rest have arrested). We transfer both. Use progesterone suppositories after transfer. 10 day beta = 21 HCG ("your number is low but we will be cautiously optimistic!"). Spot and bleed the entire time. I'm instructed to switch to PIO (progesterone in oil) shots (because of the irritation the suppositories are causing to my cervix). It rises appropriately until 600 and then slowly peaks at 700. At my 6 week ultrasound, we see my uterus contracting, and the blood draw that day comes back at 90. I am told to stop all meds. We save for a year to do another IVF. Before the next IVF... Dr. Foulk readdresses the idea of me possibly having endometriosis (because of how many eggs arrested and I was still considered relatively young). I go in for a laparoscopy in 2015 and am told I have stage 4 endo. He removes as much as he can, then puts me on a 3 month treatment of depot lupron to shrink any left over endometriosis. 2016 - 2nd IVF (31 years old) Protocol: Estrace 2 mg vaginally daily, prenatal, coq10, baby aspirin. 10 days of stims: Follistim increased to 300, menopur 1 powder vial, begin HGH 5 days before egg retrieval 36 eggs retrieved. 23 are mature enough to inseminate with ICSI. 18 fertilize. 3 grade B embryos make it to blastocyst stage. We transfer 2, and freeze one. Go on the strongest dose of PIO to help prevent spotting/bleeding. Day 10 beta HCG comes in at 5.1. Am told to continue with meds. It climbs up to 114, and then drops to 19. Chemical pregnancy. I get tested for MTHFR - am tested positive for homozygous C667T. Could explain the recurrent miscarriage. November 2016 - Frozen Embryo (of 1 grade B blastocyst) transfer (am now 32 years old) Protocol: Prenatal with FOLATE (instead of folic acid), estradiol valerate twice a week, baby aspirin, progesterone in oil 1 ml, after transfer I begin heparin (blood thinner) twice a day. 10 Day beta/HCG blood draw: Negative No frozen embryos. Husband and I decide to give IVF one last shot. We want to give it everything we've got. We save for another year. We decide to PGS test the embryos this time. November 2017 egg retrieval Protocol: Prenatal with Folate (for MTHFR), coq10, baby aspirin, Follistim increased to twice a day (morning is 300 mg, night is 225), menopur 1 powder vial, HGH begins 5 days before retrieval, dexamethasone (steroid) starts about 9 days before retrieval. It takes a few extra days of stims this time to get my eggs to the right size. 26 eggs retrieved. 22 are at the right size to inseminate with ICSI. 13 Fertilize properly. All look bad by day 5. But one, shifts and suddenly starts doing better. They call it my FIGHTER baby. One more pulls through. They tell me this one looks pretty bad and give me the option of tossing it. No way. Keep it. Because both my little blastocysts are fragile, I opt out of PGS testing and don't want to damage them. We freeze them while we work on moving out of my in-laws. So in total, I have one grade B blastocyst, and one grade C blastocyst. April (sigh, one year ago) 2018 - 33 years old FROZEN TRANSFER FOR BOTH EMBRYOS They thaw very well. We transfer both. I begin dexamethasone again to suppress my immunity from possibly kicking the babies out. I also start an immuno-suppressant treatment (where I get hooked up to an IV every other week, to flush my body full of intralipids... another attempt to help me from kicking the babies out). I am on heparin (blood thinner (for MTHFR)), prenatal with folate, and the strongest dose of progesterone in oil that I can get. Day 10 beta HCG blood draw = 38 (highest I've ever had, but still considered low) It raises up to 3100 and when I go in for my 6 week ultrasound, I begin bleeding profusely on the table and am told that my baby had died. My 6 week ultrasound turned into an immediate D&C. I walked in pregnant and left empty. My pregnancy tissue is tested and the results come back that I was pregnant with one, chromosomally normal, boy. No frozen embryos. No closer to having a baby than where I was 10 years before. At this point, I've had 93 eggs retrieved from Utah Fertility Center, 7 embryos that made it to blastocyst stage (4 that were grade B, and 3 that were grade C). I've had 2 fresh transfers, and 2 frozen transfers that resulted in 2 miscarriages, and 1 chemical pregnancy. No babies yet. 2019 (currently 34 years old) Dr Foulk recommends I do a donor egg cycle. He says with my age, and how well I responded to meds that he thinks my endometriosis is inside my ovaries and has damaged all my eggs. This has been a LONG process of letting go of the babies we've lost, and trying to figure out what the right step going forward is for my husband and me. We're discussing embryo adoption, foster care, adoption, and yes, donor egg. We have been saving since our miscarriage last year for whatever we attempt. My husband will be going through a DNA sperm fragmentation test this summer to ensure his sperm is chromosomally normal (we have no reason to suspect it isn't, all his semenalysis's have been normal) but he doesn't want to proceed with donor egg until we get those results. Assuming the results come back good, then we will begin the process to use a donor for a donor egg IVF cycle and then will attempt to transfer the embryos back into me. Wish us luck!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Chelsee Young and Danica Gilbert)
Wonderful. I have no complaints. They took the time to reassure me when I was anxious, let me vent, explain and answer questions to me. When I experienced my last miscarriage, every nurse I worked with came into the room to give me a hug and tell me they were sorry. It was such a bitter-sweet moment. They really made me feel cared for. My dreams were there dreams.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The building is beautiful. The staff knows their stuff. The only issue is possibly that they are quite busy (not really their fault though). So, when I recommend people I let them know in advance that you have to practice a lot of patience because you generally have to wait until the end of the day to receive a call back. The staff works their tails off though. Some clinics wrap up everything at 5 and call it quits. I've received calls at 7 pm before because they are still calling patients. They leave no stone unturned before they wrap up for the day.
One of the reasons I chose Utah Fertility Center over Reproductive Care Center in Utah was because RCC made you choose a package based on a gamble ("You can pay $20k up front for 3 egg retrievals and transfers and if it doesn't work we will refund 80%! But if you get pregnant on your first attempt, we won't refund any... and you'll have paid twice the amount that someone who just pays for one cycle gets..."). Utah Fertility Center didn't want to prey on my emotions and said that with each IVF attempt, they will discount the cycle more and more. By the end I was paying a very inexpensive price (well... for IVF anyway) which was very appreciated. They always gave us free ICSI too.
My doctor recommend a single embryo transfer if you are young and the embryo quality is strong. If you are a little older and/or the embryo quality was poor than he recommended transferring more than one (if that was an option). Because of my low embyo quality, we always transferred two.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
My husband and I met with Dr. Conway for the initial consultation and really liked her. She was kind, compassionate, straightforward, answered all of our questions clearly, and came across as someone who genuinely cared about our successful outcome. All of our treatments so far have been performed by nurses so I really only have that one appointment to evaluate Dr. Conway on.... When we met with Dr. Conway she gave us three treatment options: timed intercourse, IUI, or just going straight for IVF.
UFC is a very well-run clinic. I almost never have to wait for more than a few minutes for any of my appointments and they are typically pretty quick appointments. I will say that sometimes it almost feels too efficient, like they are trying to get as many people through as quickly as they possibly can. Maybe that speaks more to their popularity than anything though? Overall it's a nice, clean, friendly fertility clinic.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Go into the appointment with the knowledge that there is a lot of information coming your way so it is normal to feel overwhelmed.
For the most part, I feel like the staff at UFC really cares for me and my successful outcome. However, there have been times where it felt like I was just one more patient on the conveyer belt - going through the same motions as the many other women receiving the same treatments. There was one point where our insemination appointment was 1/2 hour behind, and the nurse explained the delay as "doing something for Dr. Conway." It bothered us to feel like our time and treatment wasn't as important as whatever else they had going on. I think patients should always be number one.
When we met with Dr. Conway she gave us three treatment options: timed intercourse, IUI, or just going straight for IVF. We decided on IUI with the understanding we'd try it 3-4 times before moving to IVF. My first IUI cycle went like this: I had my baseline ultrasound on day 3 of my cycle, took femara on days 3-8 of my cycle, came in for a follow-up ultrasound on day 12, and then was told I'd be ready for the trigger shot the following night. I took the trigger shot on Friday night (day 14) and went in for the insemination 36 hours later. This was unsuccessful. Round two started off similar: went in for baseline on day 3, started Femara that night, went back on day 12 for monitoring, was told I wasn't ready so I was told to take Femara again, then came back about four days later. At that point I was told I might have already ovulated or was about to so they did bloodwork. I was called later and told I was about to ovulate so they did the insemination without trigger shot the next afternoon. It was negative. The third IUI cycle went basically the same as the first one. Again, a negative result.
The nurses have all been very kind and knowledgable. I would say some are more gentle and experienced than others, but overall I have been completely happy with their care.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Our initial consultation with Dr. Conway cost $230. Each cycle of IUI costs $875, plus around $175 for the associated fertility drugs (Femara, trigger shot, and progesterone - not purchased through UFC). I have also spent several hundred dollars on bloodwork - genetic testing, pregnancy tests, hormone testing, etc.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Conway is very good making me feel comfortable and explain things in a way I could understand. She really cares about the patients and wants to help you succeed. She does split time between the Idaho and Utah centers so I haven't see her every time.... We are doing timed intercourse. So I started with a baseline ultrasound to look at my lining and ovaries. We then did 5 days of Clomid, I didn't have any follicles that were big enough so we did more Clomid with Femara.
It did take a out a month for my first appointment. Other than that the clinic [Utah Fertility Center] is great. It I a little tricky to find that first time but if you call they can help direct you more. They have modern machine and a nice clean office space.... I think for the timed intercourse treatment at the clinic was $530. Then some medication had to be ordered from a special pharmacy and that was around $300. The other medication I could get from my local pharmacy and it was around $250.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Make the appointment! I know it can be hard and you don't want to be let down again but make the appointment. Let Dr Conway help you figure things out.
I felt like all the staff were caring and really made an effort to use my name and were willing to help.
We are doing timed intercourse. So I started with a baseline ultrasound to look at my lining and ovaries. We then did 5 days of Clomid, I didn't have any follicles that were big enough so we did more Clomid with Femara. I also had two do two injections of Pregnyl. Finally I had two follicles that were big enough. I did a trigger shot and then we we're to have intercourse 12 and 24 hours after. I then had to use a progesterone supository to help with my lining. I thing went in 2 weeks later for a blood test. It came back negative. So we are starting over again.
The nurses are great!! They always use my name and ask how I am doing. Very friendly and warm.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
It did take a out a month for my first appointment. Other than that the clinic is great. It I a little tricky to find that first time but if you call they can help direct you more. They have modern machine and a nice clean office space.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr. Conway is a very competent fertility doctor. She seemed very up-to-date on the latest research and made sure she explored all possible testing before proceeding with IVF... The one thing I wish was that we could have had direct communication with her during the week of ultrasounds leading up to our egg retrieval. Everything was communicated through nurses and nurse practitioners. I think if we could have talked directly with her we could have had more of a discussion
The only times I didn't receive quick response [from Utah Fertility Center] were the very first time I called (I did receive a call back by the end of the day) and on a Sunday when I was trying to touch base with the lab. All the nurses and nurse practitioners I worked with were great. Even the phlebotomists were great (the one in Pleasant Grove was actually one of the best people in the whole clinic - so friendly and compassionate).
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway is a very competent fertility doctor. She seemed very up-to-date on the latest research and made sure she explored all possible testing before proceeding with IVF (we had done some testing with other clinics, and she tested some other things that could be problematic, such as sperm fragmentation). I appreciated her willingness to cater the protocol to our specific circumstance. The one thing I wish was that we could have had direct communication with her during the week of ultrasounds leading up to our egg retrieval. Everything was communicated through nurses and nurse practitioners. I think if we could have talked directly with her we could have had more of a discussion about the timing of our retrieval (we were told that we were not ready for an egg retrieval based on my estrogen levels, but in our follow-up meeting it sounds like we could have gone ahead a day or two earlier - they were just trying to get as many eggs as possible, which was not as important to me as quality).
Make sure you understand what kind of contact you'll have with her during the IVF process. Ask what options there are for getting in touch with her if you feel your questions need to be addressed personally rather than through a third party.
I felt like Dr. Conway really was interested in learning our background. She made decisions for our treatment based on our history.
She put me on estrogen rather than birth control to suppress my ovaries in hopes that it would improve egg quality. She also put me on some optional medications to try and improve egg quality: HGH (growth hormone), testosterone cream, and dexamethasone. For the stimulation protocol I started with 2 powders of Menopur and 225 units of Gonal-F (this was increased after my first ultrasound). Since I have diminished ovarian reserve, she wanted a high enough dose to get plenty of eggs, but not too high that egg quality would be compromised. I had 8 eggs retrieved and fertilized, but unfortunately none of the embryos developed past day 3.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Mallory)
I'm not sure if she was just dealing with something personal during my cycle (she was out of the office many days through my cycle), but Mallory was not great at following up on emails/requests from Dr. Conway to contact me (I had to contact her on at least two occasions after Dr. Conway said she would have Mallory contact me). She also didn't order enough injection supplies from the pharmacy so I had to have them send more. That being said, Mallory was very nice to work with in person (the couple of times I met with her). I really just felt like she was not right on top of my care like a previous IVF coordinator I worked with.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I read some reviews that mentioned problems with the front desk staff (at both the Murray and Pleasant Grove locations) and I can only say that my experience with all of them was great. The only times I didn't receive quick response were the very first time I called (I did receive a call back by the end of the day) and on a Sunday when I was trying to touch base with the lab. All the nurses and nurse practitioners I worked with were great. Even the phlebotomists were great (the one in Pleasant Grove was actually one of the best people in the whole clinic - so friendly and compassionate). I thought it was kind of impersonal that the lab called directly with the results of the embryos rather than the IVF coordinator. I guess it streamlines things a bit, but I'd rather have had an email than a phone call from a complete stranger (different person each time too). Dr. Conway did call on day 5 to confirm that our embryos had stop developing (which was appreciated).
The IVF procedure (with ICSI, and freeze-all) was just under $12,000. I spent nearly $6,000 on medications (this included HGH which was well over $1,000). Each appointment with Dr. Conway was over $100 and billed to insurance (unfortunately my insurance only reduced the cost a few dollars).

2017 - 2019
Dr. Dorais is the kindest person I have ever met. Period. She genuinely wants to help us build our family. I have felt that from her since the day we met 2.5 years ago. She has gone out of her way to make sure we felt comfortable and informed in this oft times awful process.... Dr. Dorais is a brilliant doctor and very cautious and conservative in her treatment. I feel that perhaps that conservativeness may have gotten in the way of being informed of some studies into things that might have helped us.
They [Utah Fertility Center] are very busy and don't always get back to you the same day. The staff is very kind and caring and I appreciate how much love they have shown us. There have been several times where I didn't fully understand why we were doing things the way we were or surprise expenses.... We had some miscommunication with our sperm use during an IUI. Since the miscarriage of our PGS tested embryo I've been doing a lot of research and feel there may have been thing
2017 - 2019
How was your experience with Jessie Dorais at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Dorais is a brilliant doctor and very cautious and conservative in her treatment. I feel that perhaps that conservativeness may have gotten in the way of being informed of some studies into things that might have helped us. However if you can be an advocate for yourself and come to her with information you have gathered and protocols you'd like to try, she is absolutely willing to guide you through those things safely.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jessie Dorais at Utah Fertility Center?
Don't be afraid to advocate for yourself and ask all the questions you'd like.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jessie Dorais at Utah Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Jessie Dorais used in your cycles at Utah Fertility Center and their degree of success.
To be completely honest, up until now I haven't felt like I needed to know or question why we were doing things a particular way. I think more information about what everything is and what the patient can do to improve outcomes needs to be discussed far in advance (at least 3 months for lifestyle changes and supplementation implementation).
Everyone was wonderful overall. The only thing I would like to see differently is more education for the patients regarding ways they can work to improve their chances.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They are very busy and don't always get back to you the same day. The staff is very kind and caring and I appreciate how much love they have shown us. There have been several times where I didn't fully understand why we were doing things the way we were or surprise expenses. A support group that is facilitated by a staff member would help a lot.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jessie Dorais at Utah Fertility Center.
Still awaiting insurance coverage information.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
We had some miscommunication with our sperm use during an IUI. Since the miscarriage of our PGS tested embryo I've been doing a lot of research and feel there may have been things I could have done differently that may or may not have made a difference. I think they are safe, reasonable things to do and I wish we had been told about them before I started our IVF journey.
Jessie Dorais
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jessie Dorais at Utah Fertility Center.

She [Dr. Dorais] was very kind and understanding. I’m a very A type personality so I do a lot of research and she answered every one of my questions. I heard horror stories that doctors don’t take kindly to patients like me.... She diagnosed us with MFI due to my Husband’s Varicocele and low morphology. She put him on Coq10. We had to talk to her about seeing a infertility urologist to assess it further which she left it up to us. We decided to pursue that direction since my insurance would cover surgery.
The clinic [Utah Fertility Center] was okay. We used one of their satellite clinic so it was as nice as their main location. The main location was obviously nicer. The waiting room was bigger in the satellite site which was nice but kind of odd.... I like my doctor but the nursing staff seemed unorganized. I called ahead to ask a few more questions before starting my IUI but they weren’t as talkative compared my doctor
How was your experience with Jessie Dorais at Utah Fertility Center?
She’s very soft spoken. That was okay with me but I can see how it may bother other. She used a lot of illustrations to describe things which were helpful. She was also very hopeful and pointed a lot of positives in our situation.
I was fortunate enough that my GYN doctor did a lot of the diagnostic testing which then Dr Dorais continued. I feel like UFC is very much “let’s get you pregnant” so I wasn’t sure if they didn’t need to evaluate more on the reasons why I wasn’t getting pregnant
She was very kind and understanding. I’m a very A type personality so I do a lot of research and she answered every one of my questions. I heard horror stories that doctors don’t take kindly to patients like me.
She diagnosed us with MFI due to my Husband’s Varicocele and low morphology. She put him on Coq10. We had to talk to her about seeing a infertility urologist to assess it further which she left it up to us. We decided to pursue that direction since my insurance would cover surgery. At the time, my husband continue with the Coq10 so we’re not sure which helped.
Well, I like my doctor but the nursing staff seemed unorganized. I called ahead to ask a few more questions before starting my IUI but they weren’t as talkative compared my doctor
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic was okay. We used one of their satellite clinic so it was as nice as their main location. The main location was obviously nicer. The waiting room was bigger in the satellite site which was nice but kind of odd.
It seems pretty standard.
Describe Jessie Dorais's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Utah Fertility Center.
We haven’t spoken about transfers but she did express her discomfort about possible multiples in my statue.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
Well, we were supposed to have a follow up appointment with my doctor so we drove their further appointment. I’m not sure if there was a communication error between my doctor and her nurse but she thought we had a phone consultation so she called us instead. When she realize that it was an actual appointment, she grabbed us from the waiting room.
Jessie Dorais

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr. Conway was more than happy to answer all the questions we had and after every question she asked us if we had any others, like there was an unlimited amount of time she could visit with us. She showed such care and was willing to listen to all of the treatment we would like to proceed with and made suggestions and/or agreements. She made us feel so comfortable and we have such great trust in her care. She is so amazing. After 4 years of unexplained infertility she gave us both diagnoses as to why we can’t get pregnant on our own and why (when I did get pregnant with medication assistance), miscarried. She has amazing bed side manner. I wish we would have decided to see her sooner in our infertility journey.
The nursing staff [at Utah Fertility Center- Idaho Falls] were great! They helped me with all the questions I had upon scheduling and any questions I had about our upcoming cycle. They were all so amazing and showed such great care as well..., The clinics strengths and weaknesses are listed below based on my experience Strengths: very compassionate and caring Weakness: can sometimes be very busy in getting an answer in regards to a question you called about earlier, may take a few days to get a response
East Asian, South Asian, Ashkenazi Jewish, Latino, Black or African-American, Middle Eastern, Native American, Other, Prefer not to answer
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dont be afraid to speak your mind or ask questions. She encourages them and is so kind to answer them all in a way that you will understand.
Dr. Conway saw my husband and I for a consultation for IVF after 4 years of unexplained infertility. She first looked at our history and diagnosed us both and explained why we can’t get pregnant on our own. She mapped out different options of treatment for us and we discussed each one in depth. We decided to go with IVF due to my low ovarian reserve, previous miscarriages, and best chance of conceiving and delivering a healthy baby. We plan to do IVF in July of 2019. We are planning to do ICSI, and PGS testing on our embryos.
The nursing staff were great! They helped me with all the questions I had upon scheduling and any questions I had about our upcoming cycle. They were all so amazing and showed such great care as well.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
For our IVF protocol we are expected to pay roughly $21,000 for all the expenses.
We have not discussed this topic yet. We want to wait until my egg retrieval and see how many embryos we get that are normal and decide from there.

2013 - 2019
Endometriosis, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
The only thing I wish would have been different is just possibly trying a lot of the testing that we did a little earlier before so many negative results added up. I do love her [Dr. Conway] as a doctor and felt she was fair and compassionate and did a lot to help us. ... We had a very basic treatment strategy but she was treating endometriosis. It did not yield many eggs. We ended up changing the protocol for the second retrieval and it was more aggressive.
They [Utah Fertility Center] are very kind and compassionate. That is a huge strength. They are knowledgeable and always seeking new treatments and ways to help their clients. They need more options for payment. Or better payment plans in my opinion. ... One of the coordinators was very inexperienced and i had a hard time getting in contact with her. She did make multiple mistakes on my calendar and I wasn’t really happy with the disorganization. Since we were paying a lot and it was important to us that we feel prepared.
2013 - 2019
Endometriosis, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
She is great with people. She is patient and sometbing i really appreciated is that if the cycle didn’t work she tried her best to rectify the situation by either offering a big discount on the next cycle or offering solutions. There were times when I honestly was wondering why didn’t we try this test or that test earlier? I felt like it was a bunch of guesses as to why I wasn’t getting pregnant and then we would do some testing afterwards. The only thing I wish would have been different is just possibly trying a lot of the testing that we did a little earlier before so many negative results added up. I do love her as a doctor and felt she was fair and compassionate and did a lot to help us.
Don’t be afraid to say what you would like to see happen with your treatment or any concerns you have and be up front. She will listen and is open to suggestions.
She’s so friendly and easy to talk to. She is great at listening to concerns and validates you.
The first cycle of treatment we used metformin. We had a very basic treatment strategy but she was treating endometriosis. It did not yield many eggs. We ended up changing the protocol for the second retrieval and it was more aggressive. It’s been so long since we first started that i honestly can’t even remember. We have done so much stuff.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: morgan, Lacey (currently) and one more that i can’t remember )
most of the nursing staff was so great! One of the coordinators was very inexperienced and i had a hard time getting in contact with her. She did make multiple mistakes on my calendar and I wasn’t really happy with the disorganization. Since we were paying a lot and it was important to us that we feel prepared.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They are very kind and compassionate. That is a huge strength. They are knowledgeable and always seeking new treatments and ways to help their clients. They need more options for payment. Or better payment plans in my opinion.
It was very expensive. That’s all i know. after doing two retrieval’s and many transfers and multiple surgeries. Over 30,000.
I think that her approach is correct and i feel comfortable with it.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
Just with one coordinator who was not on her game. Other than that they are very on top of it.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Jason Parker] is so great & really helps you feel positive & hopeful. He is personable. He called with test results & told you what you next steps could be. He is very attentive and listens to your concerns. I always knew what was going on & what to do next.... We went in & consulted him on our next steps after Clomid did not work for us. We talked about getting tests done, blood tests, SA, HSA, etc. to make sure nothing else was to blame & that everything was looking well.
They [Utah Fertility Center- Pleasant Grove] gave us wrong blood results - whether it was their fault or the labs I’m not sure. But we were in bit of a panic thinking my husband had HEP C... [the nursing staff was] Great, it was sometimes hard to get a call back - maybe being impatient. But they over all were super great at getting back with test results & being hopeful and helpful.
How was your experience with Jason Parker at Utah Fertility Center?
He is so great & really helps you feel positive & hopeful. He is personable. He called with test results & told you what you next steps could be. He is very attentive and listens to your concerns. I always knew what was going on & what to do next.
Just to stay positive & have patience. It’s a hard journey that no one wants to be on. But, with modern medicine there is Hope & help available. He’s a great listener & will help you feel hopeful about your future!
Hes a great listener, when test results came in he calls personally & explains & give next steps.
We went in & consulted him on our next steps after Clomid did not work for us. We talked about getting tests done, blood tests, SA, HSA, etc. to make sure nothing else was to blame & that everything was looking well. I called when my period started & we got appointments to do the baseline ultrasound. Where we found out we were pregnant, chemical pregnancy. Currently waiting for cycle day 1 to start preparing for IUI
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
It’s an overall hard process, no matter how long it takes & you just have to hope that the medical staff knows what will be best & to try different things till you get it right. UFC is great & friendly & so helpful and make you feel calm.
We’ve only paid for the I total visit & some ultrasound. Around $500
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
They gave us wrong blood results - whether it was their fault or the labs I’m not sure. But we were in bit of a panic thinking my husband had HEP C

Tubal Blockage, Other
I have loved Dr Conway ever since we starting seeing her.... She explained different options to us and she made sure we understood what they were. I have had a problem with a functioning cyst and elevated estrogen levels and it’s been difficult but she has been there helping us and even has called and just chatted about my situation and how I was doing. Just today I talked to her and it was nice and reassuring when I has previous struggling with my situation
It’s a great clinic [Utah Fertility Center] everyone is so nice and they remember you and you feel welcomed. I bring my daughter every time and they help me and make sure that she is comfortable in the room while I proceed with the exam. The nurses who have done my baseline have been so nice and genuine when interacting with me during my appointment. Even the lab nurse who draws my blood is so nice and remembers me and is friendly to be around. I don’t have any weaknesses to point out
Tubal Blockage, Other
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
I have loved Dr Conway ever since we starting seeing her. I was seeing a reg OBGYN and wasn’t being heard and just drove to the PG office and my husband and I were able to get in right away and it was so nice to sit down and talk to her. She explained different options to us and she made sure we understood what they were. I have had a problem with a functioning cyst and elevated estrogen levels and it’s been difficult but she has been there helping us and even has called and just chatted about my situation and how I was doing. Just today I talked to her and it was nice and reassuring when I has previous struggling with my situation
Just talk to her whenever you have any concern she listens and is right there
She truly cares about you and all the emotions that I feel during this process. She listens and explains things and the steps to take next
I had some base line tests done that showed I had a blocked ovary and low egg count and a functioning cycst . I have had quite a few baseline appt to start an IUI but with the functioning cycst and elevated estrogen we have tried different ways of getting the number down. My next step is to go in next cycle and do a baseline and if my number is under a certain limit then we are proceeding forward with the IUI
They are so great ! They listen and explain when needed and they are so nice
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
It’s a great clinic everyone is so nice and they remember you and you feel welcomed. I bring my daughter every time and they help me and make sure that she is comfortable in the room while I proceed with the exam. The nurses who have done my baseline have been so nice and genuine when interacting with me during my appointment. Even the lab nurse who draws my blood is so nice and remembers me and is friendly to be around. I don’t have any weaknesses to point out
Sorry I don’t remember
This isn’t a route my husband and ainare doing right now
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Parker was wonderful. He would listen and ask questions that were based on the information I had put down in my chart. He explained different treatment options...One time when I was getting done with an ultrasound with one the ultrasound nurses he had walked by and greeted me, by name, and asked if I had any questions about the treatments so far. It made my day...always had time to answer a list of questions from me and my husband. I felt like even if I didn't see him for an ultrasound or an IUI I knew he was always available to answer my questions. He has an excellent bedside manner.
We reviewed information [at Utah Fertility Center] on one versus more embryos and understood why I should do one...I felt that I always knew I would get treated well and the nurses and front desk were so nice. I felt frustrated a couple of times leaving messages but my calls were always returned. The decor is a little dated but is ok...I met with her [the nurse] to get a calendar of what I would do. She always smiled and helped me through the process. I might not have gotten my phone call answered when I called but she always called me back each day
How was your experience with Jason Parker at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Parker always had time to answer a list of questions from me and my husband. I felt like even if I didn't see him for an ultrasound or an IUI I knew he was always available to answer my questions. He has an excellent bedside manner.
Ask him questions about anything. I always feel like I am the most important patient he has that day, or ever.
Dr. Parker was wonderful. He would listen and ask questions that were based on the information I had put down in my chart. He explained different treatment options. I had all my questions answered. One time when I was getting done with an ultrasound with one the ultrasound nurses he had walked by and greeted me, by name, and asked if I had any questions about the treatments so far. It made my day.
Dr. Parker explained the process of stimulating my ovaries and maximizing an optimal number of eggs that would become embryos. I felt like no one had ever explained the IVF process in a way that made sense and always provided the rationale for each step.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shaley)
I met with her to get a calendar of what I would do. She always smiled and helped me through the process. I might not have gotten my phone call answered when I called but she always called me back each day
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
We met with a finance person that explained the cost.
Describe Jason Parker's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Utah Fertility Center.
We reviewed information on one versus more embryos and understood why I should do one.
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm, Surrogacy
Dr Foulk was a huge change from my two prior doctors...just his positivity and his knowledge where so reassuring. I actually have 1/2 an ovary and he went over the options, the risks and he listened to me and my concerns. I couldn’t be happier with my choice to work with him...We decided to use an egg donor because I have half an ovary and where it could have worked it was a lot of risk emotionally and physically for potentially no result. We did use an in-house donor. We did the donors stimulation, transferred after genetic testing and it was a perfect cycle.
We did use an in-house donor [at Utah Fertility Center]. We did the donors stimulation, transferred after genetic testing and it was a perfect cycle...The entire staff is amazing. The embryology team called and updated, they answered my questions and I felt like they really cared about my little embryos. The nurses where always kind and helpful, knowledgeable and well qualified and Tonya is that and more she is probably one of the kindest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting...IVF is never cheap but I felt like the prices where more than reasonable and worth every penny.
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr Foulk was a huge change from my two prior doctors just his positivity and his knowledge where so reassuring. I actually have 1/2 an ovary and he went over the options, the risks and he listened to me and my concerns. I couldn’t be happier with my choice to work with him and can’t wait to come back next year for more babies!
Ask questions. Just because they do this all day doesn’t mean you do so don’t be afraid or embarrassed they are there to help you and reassure you.
I am in the fertility industry but when it’s your own you have a million questions still and every one of them was answered. I got updates constantly and both my surrogate and myself where treated like family our entire cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Tonya)
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Our cycle was fast, the staff was amazing I really wouldn’t have changed a thing. The front desk can be a little hard to reach but if you have to leave a message don’t let that detour you they are so worth it. I came from California to see them and wouldn’t trust anyone else to handle my surrogates care or my own. Everyone is so nice it’s just such a warm environment you feel like family it’s so comforting to not feel like a number but like a real person. Even people I spoke to once or for the first time made me feel like we had been lifelong friends.
He gave us the risks of both and we made our decision which he completely respected.
1 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Foulk always took time to answer all my questions, sometimes the same questions multiple times, either in person or on the phone. He always explained things in ways I could understand and was kind and upbeat. You can tell he loves what he does...did 1 IUI, 2 IVF cycles, and surgery to remove a tube and endometriosis. He always tried to accommodate my schedule and his positive outlook on my situation was helpful. He always explained treatment options in terms I could easily understand. He loves his work, and was always willing to answer my questions even when I didn't have an appointment he would chat with me on the phone. He is hard to get into, but well worth the wait.
We got to choose exactly which embryo we transferred both times [at Utah Fertility Center] We froze all embryos, and the first batch were PGD tested. We knew the grades of each and all the genetic info of the ones tested. We told the clinic which one we wanted to use and they got it done...Overall they ate a busy clinic with a large number of patients and our can be easy to feel like a number, but if you actually take time to get to know the staff they are very warm and friendly and will remember you and your situation.
1 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Fantastic doctor. Knowledgeable and kind. Dr. Foulk did 1 IUI, 2 IVF cycles, and surgery to remove a tube and endometriosis. He always tried to accommodate my schedule and his positive outlook on my situation was helpful. He always explained treatment options in terms I could easily understand. He loves his work, and was always willing to answer my questions even when I didn't have an appointment he would chat with me on the phone. He is hard to get into, but well worth the wait.
Ask all your questions, don't hold back. If you think of more questions, let the nurses know and they will answer them or set up a time to talk with Dr. Foulk again.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Danica Gilbert and Lacey Mickelsen)
Danica and Lacey are both fantastic. They are kind and compassionate and always get me the answers I need even if it means asking the doctor and then getting back to me. They are both horrible to reach by phone, but Lacey is more than prompt in replying by email and Danica is usually pretty prompt via email too. They are incredible and love what they do, they're just very busy.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Weakness: The whole clinic is hard to reach by phone. Strengths: everyone I've ever interacted with genuinely enjoys their job, cares about their patients and is compassionate. The NP's are super knowledgeable and are really great at what they do. Their ultrasound equipment is nice and provides quality images. Overall they ate a busy clinic with a large number of patients and our can be easy to feel like a number, but if you actually take time to get to know the staff they are very warm and friendly and will remember you and your situation.
We got to choose exactly which embryo we transferred both times We froze all embryos, and the first batch were PGD tested. We knew the grades of each and all the genetic info of the ones tested. We told the clinic which one we wanted to use and they got it done.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
I was told my insurance wouldn't cover IVF. I was made to believe they had submitted the paperwork and it was denied. I called the insurance to contest the decision only to discover the insurance was never contacted. It was an oversight on the benefits person's part. She didn't know, and wasn't told, that I had switched insurance companies and now had coverage.
2015 - 2019
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Some time I felt like I was just another patient and that [Dr. Gurtcheff] wasn’t as personable...is a kind and pleasant doctor. It was a little hard to connect with her first but but after the second or 3rd visit she helped me understand my diagnosis and treatment plan and options and showed more compassion. She gave us different options and helped us to understand what we should expect from our options. She was willing to run tests when I questioned about immunological issues.
The nurses [at Utah Fertility Center] were always kind and happy to see me. They always had something nice to say and helped me to feel at ease and especially before and during procedures...IVF procedure was about 15k...The clinic was great. Had kind and friendly staff that were always willing to help and help you find answers to your questions. They always called you back by the end of the day if you had to leave a message for a question that you had: Nice clean and modern facilities.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr G is a kind and pleasant doctor. It was a little hard to connect with her first but but after the second or 3rd visit she helped me understand my diagnosis and treatment plan and options and showed more compassion. She gave us different options and helped us to understand what we should expect from our options. She was willing to run tests when I questioned about immunological issues.
Have and open mind and ask questions when you want to know more about something.
Some time I felt like I was just another patient and that Dr G. wasn’t as personable and did care about my result but other times I did feel like she did care and wanted me to reach the results of motherhood.
Because I had a Low Overian Reserve. We did a low dose medication. She explained to me that my body wouldn’t produce any more eggs on a higher dose medication than it would probably on the lower dose medication. I would have 1 to 3 follicles very time.
The nurses were always kind and happy to see me. They always had something nice to say and helped me to feel at ease and especially before and during procedures.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I was lucky to have my iui’s and most medication covered by insurance. IVF procedure was about 15k.
I only had 1 viable egg to transfer and so we only did one. If we had more than 1 she would have let me do 2 if I wanted to but do recommend more than 2 because of my age.
Male Factor, Other
She [Dr. Deirdre Conway] told me it was my decision but said there was not need to do a multiple embryo transfer...answered all of our questions and spent so much time doing so. She followed up with us personally and made sure we were doing okay through out our experience. She just cared...She led us to the urologist who found my husbands cancer...When I had a complaint of working with the lab she reassured me that she personally took care of it. She is so personable and talking to her is like talking with an old friend.
The lobby [at Utah Fertility Center] isn’t very welcoming. At times I found the receptionist unprofessional. The lab can be unorganized and frustrating. However everyone is very friendly and caring...Lacy [nurse] has been an complete angel. She answers the phone knowing that it is me calling. Calls me back every single time. Listens to me cry and babble endlessly. I consider her a close friend...$350 for a blood work up. Around $500 for collection and freezing of sperm.
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
She is a gentle person. So understanding of our pain and grief. She brought back hope to our journey. I couldn’t have asked for a better doctor to help us through our Ivf. She led us to the urologist who found my husbands cancer. She contacted us personally during the journey and made sure that the clinic took care of us during that. When I had a complaint of working with the lab she reassured me that she personally took care of it. She is so personable and talking to her is like talking with an old friend.
Make sure you have your list of questions and don’t be afraid to ask all of them.
Dr. Conway answered all of our questions and spent so much time doing so. She followed up with us personally and made sure we were doing okay through out our experience. She just cared.
After our first meeting with Dr. Conway she had use meet with a infertility urologist to see if a micro was needed. During that appointment we found cancer. We are taking care of that then we will do ivf with the sperm we were able to bank before treatment. We use icsi. We will do a frozen transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lacy)
Lacy has been an complete angel. She answers the phone knowing that it is me calling. Calls me back every single time. Listens to me cry and babble endlessly. I consider her a close friend.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
There is a lot of tile in the lobby. The lobby isn’t very welcoming. At times I found the receptionist unprofessional. The lab can be unorganized and frustrating. However everyone is very friendly and caring.
$350 for a blood work up. Around $500 for collection and freezing of sperm. Those are all our cost so far. We are planning on about 15k for ivf
She told me it was my decision but said there was not need to do a multiple embryo transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
They told me they were able to come and pick up the specimen from the micro tese. They were did not send someone and I had to leave my husband during post op to take the specimen to their clinic 30 minutes away.

2015 - 2019
I loved Dr. Conway! She was such an amazing doctor and always so willing to help get me through this less than ideal situation that my husband and I were facing. She always was so kind and patient in explaining everything and helping make this situation less scary and intimidating. I recommend her to anybody that I know who is struggling with infertility. I cried the day I ‘graduated’ from seeing her and went to my regular OB.
I loved being able to go to this clinic. I know others who have been to other fertility clinics in Utah and have had less than ideal situations. I never faced that at all at Utah fertility center... I remember all of our fertility treatments costing about $17,500.... But UFC was clear about what they could bill to insurance and what wasn’t upfront. I knew the coat and there weren’t too many surprises.
Nothing
I bled off and on almost my entire first trimester, which is scary after you’ve finally gotten pregnant after so many failed attempts. Whenever I would call in panicked, they would reassure me and see me just to put my mind at ease.
I don’t remember a ton of specifics but I do remember I was on lupron. They did also suggest doing coq10 because there were studies that it was linked to better embryo quality and we had 2 perfect embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center.
Just like dr Conway the nursing staff was incredibly kind and compassionate! Loved working with them!
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I loved being able to go to this clinic. I know others who have been to other fertility clinics in Utah and have had less than ideal situations. I never faced that at all at Utah fertility center and am so blessed to have gone there!
I remember all of our fertility treatments costing about $17,500. As everyone knows fertility treatments are expensive and mostly not covered by insurance, which is a bummer. But UFC was clear about what they could bill to insurance and what wasn’t upfront. I knew the coat and there weren’t too many surprises. The only thing was they didn’t inform me that I would be continuing on progesterone my entire first trimester (which at 1000 every 1 or 2 weeks- I can’t remember exactly- that would have been nice to know upfront)
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Conway] wanted to transfer as little embryos as possible. Since I was healthy and young, and our problem was mainly male factor, she advised we do one embryo transfer, and it worked!...She is great at explaining the process and answered all questions I had to my satisfaction. During the procedures she explained what was going on, and when available, would point out what was going on on the monitor screens so I didn’t miss the “magical” moment when my embryo transferred.
The ultrasound tech [at Utah Fertility Center] was great! I learned so much from her and she did a great job...The clinic is very clean and pleasant to be in...Dr. Conway and her staff really made sure that I felt like I understood everything that was going on, and really took the time to explain the process and terminology, as well as the status of my embryos. They treated me great when I was emotional. They were always so nice and happy to see their patients. They went above and beyond to get me the medicines that I needed.
European, Latino
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway has the best bedside manner, and the kind of personality that makes you feel comfortable and that you are in the right hands. She is great at explaining the process and answered all questions I had to my satisfaction. During the procedures she explained what was going on, and when available, would point out what was going on on the monitor screens so I didn’t miss the “magical” moment when my embryo transferred. I live in Idaho, and she works primarily out of Utah, so sometimes scheduling was difficult, but for most of the appointments, her staff was more than capable of handling my situation. Also because she is out of state, they schedule all their patients for egg retrievals on the same day so she can make the trip up. I was fine with it, but if you are anxious about starting IMMEDIATELY, that might not happen if you have to wait for their next treatment cycle. I ended up driving down to Utah do my embryo transfer.
Ask a ton of questions! Don’t be afraid of how silly it may seem. Be direct in telling her your expectations and she and her staff will deliver!
They were so nice!! And very helpful! They were excited to see you, and did what they could to work with insurance to make sure medications were at the lowest cost. They were great at letting me know what to expect, and they give a great detailed calendar of all dates, medication times, and will show you how to do your own shots
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic is very clean and pleasant to be in. The only concern I can think of is that it is the second closest clinic is 4 hours away, so while many patients lived close by, I did drive an hour to get there and had to work hard to make up my time at work
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Utah Fertility Center.
The ultrasound tech was great! I learned so much from her and she did a great job not only telling me what was going on, but showing m on the monitor. She also made you feel special and really celebrated with you, even though this is an everyday occurrence for her.
Price of procedure, which you can ask for an estimate ahead of time, as well as medication, which you can get an estimate from your insurance. I didn’t have to pay a copay, but bloodwork every visit and ultrasounds every visit needed payment, but with our insurance the price was super minimal
She wanted to transfer as little embryos as possible. Since I was healthy and young, and our problem was mainly male factor, she advised we do one embryo transfer, and it worked!
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
The only grievance I had during my treatment was the expectation of a fresh transfer a few days after my egg retrieval. Since my body had produced 72 eggs, I was at risk of overstimulation, and they switched me to a frozen transfer. I think this change could have been better relayed that a frozen transfer would include waiting another month and a half and that I would have to self-administer shots for a couple months as well. I felt blindsided on what was happening and what it would entail.

Anovulation, Endometriosis
Just be aware that you won’t see him [Dr. Russell Foulk] for every appointment due to him not always being in the state...He was not willing to transfer more than 2 at a time. He helped us decide to transfer 1 because of the quality of the embryo and told us that if the first transfer did not work, my husband and I could choose to transfer 2 the next time...He was very caring and worked to create a plan that was best for us. He told us what option he originally thought was best then during our exam he explained why he thought a change to the plan would be best for us.
The cost of IVF [at Utah Fertility Center] was $8,300. Medications cost me about $4000 and the cost for freezing embryos is $500 per year...The front staff was friendly but I didn’t think they worked hard to build a connection with the patients. The nurses, however did a great job of making you feel comfortable and answering any questions you had...Lacey [nurse] was very prompt with getting back to me if I called with questions. I always got calls about my blood results hours before I was expecting them. Very friendly and prompt
Anovulation, Endometriosis
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He has a few different clinics so he is obviously not in the clinic I used all the time. Because of that his partners had to step in to help with some of my care. To me, this wasn’t an issue because I trusted everybody in his clinic to provide the same care that he did
Just be aware that you won’t see him for every appointment due to him not always being in the state
He started me on follostim, and Menopur for 10 days with ultrasounds to check progress starting on day 6. My follicles were looking really good so they had me start ganirellix each day. I was able to stop injections on day 9 because my follicles looked so good and each ultrasound (day 8 and 9 I had ultrasounds as well). I did my trigger the day before retrieval
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lacey )
Lacey was very prompt with getting back to me if I called with questions. I always got calls about my blood results hours before I was expecting them. Very friendly and prompt
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The cost of IVF was $8,300. Medications cost me about $4000 and the cost for freezing embryos is $500 per year.

Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr.Conway is an amazing doctor, which makes her a very busy doctor. It was hard to see her sometimes and she's often out of town. I switched to another doctor that had more time after my first round of IVF.... When doing fertility, you have to be ready for a transfer whenever your body is ready. This often time means that you are working with the whole fertility center you choose and not just one single doctor, so choose carefully.
The staff [Utah Fertility] is very friendly and welcoming and clean. The women who take your blood are absolutely amazing at doing so.... However, it was hard to reach anybody often times when I would call and would sometimes take days to hear back from someone when I left a message....The clinic had a couple of times where the medication that had to be ordered from out of state was never ordered. This resulted in me having to drive a considerable amount
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr.Conway is very nice and made me feel like she was listening to me when she was able to make the time.
I don't recall everything we did besides it being a medicated cycle. I know it took longer then expected for my body to be ready and we did get a positive pregnancy test. We managed to be pregnant for 10 weeks before we lost the baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center.
The staff at Utah Fertility can be very hard to get a hold of and not always completely on the same page in your care. I was often very frustrated and confused.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The staff is very friendly and welcoming and clean. The women who take your blood are absolutely amazing at doing so (that's so important when you're giving blood so often). However, it was hard to reach anybody often times when I would call and would sometimes take days to hear back from someone when I left a message. Although this clinic is in Murray, all procedures and certain appointments will be out in Pleasant Grove which was a drive for me and I was not made aware until after starting treatment there.
Our first transfer with medication, egg retrieval and the actual transfer cost us $16,000.
Both doctors I've seen wanted and strongly encouraged me only doing one embryo. We did however decide to do 2 in the next round of IVF.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic had a couple of times where the medication that had to be ordered from out of state was never ordered. This resulted in me having to drive a considerable amount to get the shot needed. The staff was not all aware of the treatment I was receiving.
+ Read more- Read less

I’ve only seen her [Dr. Shawn Gurtcheff] once. That was only for the consultation. I understand she is a busy woman but it would be nice to have your doctor perform or explain treatment plan for that cycle. I would love to see her more often for appointments. I’m a little nervous for IVF so hopefully she will be the one explaining the process and be performing the treatment.... My last cycle for IUI - I was taking Clomid 2.5 mg, Fermara 7.5 mg Dexamethasone, and for ovulation I toke Pregnyl.
I would love them [Utah Fertility Center- Murray] more if they weren’t always rushing patients. I would want to know more what’s happening and what the pills or procedure will do for me. They should be more responsive on their patient portal. I almost missed a cycle waiting for their reply.... During procedures they weren’t telling me enough about what’s going on like HSG or the water ultrasound. They would just tell me come back and we will schedule you for another appointment! Please just tell me what’s happening.
South Asian, Other
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
I’ve only seen her once. That was only for the consultation. I understand she is a busy woman but it would be nice to have your doctor perform or explain treatment plan for that cycle. I would love to see her more often for appointments. I’m a little nervous for IVF so hopefully she will be the one explaining the process and be performing the treatment.
Come in with questions, always be communicate with her staff, and don’t be afraid to tell them anything.
It’s mostly from her team. They would just give me my calendar and not explain anything especially when I got my HSG it was painful and they were not comforting. My IUI’s (I have a tilited uterus and they wouldn’t ask for help when trying to attempt to put the catheter in)
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I would love them more if they weren’t always rushing patients. I would want to know more what’s happening and what the pills or procedure will do for me. They should be more responsive on their patient portal. I almost missed a cycle waiting for their reply.
Spent $500 for timed intercourse, spent $1000 (including medicine) for one IUI, other two IUIs were covered by insurance but probably spent $200 on medicine each cycle.

3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained, Other
Dr. Gurtcheff was extremely patient and sensitive to our needs and emotions the entire time. Unexplained infertility is a very emotional and taxing diagnosis. When you don't know why it's not working; its as frustrating to the doctor as it is for the patient. Dr. Gurtcheff was genuinely upset each failed cycle. She took additional time to help us through each failed cycle, and spent hours explaining as much as possible. Even though we were not successful, I love Dr. Gurtcheff and when we are ready to try again (for a complete new cycle and egg retrieval), I would go back to her in a heartbeat. Another thing I have to mention is that she always took the time to call me directly, rather than having her nurses do it.
For the most part, the nurses and staff were really great to work with [at Utah Fertility Center]. I feel like I had a better overall experience with my nurses that were assigned to my FET cycles rather than my fresh. Occasionally, I felt like it was difficult to get in touch with the staff, and often felt like I was leaving voicemails rather than actually speaking to someone the first time I called. I do think that they organized my cycles really well, and they were good about getting medications called in in an appropriate time frame. The only complaint I think I had was sometimes, I waited longer in the waiting room, even though I had appointments, than I should have. But that's to be expected.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained, Other
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
My husband and I started out seeing Dr. Peterson with the University of Utah. We had all three cycles of IUI with him. When we started into the IVF process, things got really messy and we knew that it wasn't the right fit. So we decided to do our homework. We had some good friends who had been to Utah Fertility Center, and had loved their experience. So we decided to set up a consult with Dr. Gurtcheff. Right away, we felt completely comfortable with her and even though we were taking this huge leap in the fertility world; we felt confident that we would be successful with her and she would guide us through the process each step. Dr. Gurtcheff was very confident that we would be successful. We were the "picture perfect" candidates for IVF and even though I had low egg reserve, we were sure that we would be successful on the 2nd or 3rd cycle. We started into our cycle, and I began injections, medications, daily appointments, etc. My body responded really well and I was one of the lucky ones who didn't have too many side effects from all the hormones. I did end up having to stem for an extra two days, so i did a total of 12 days of injections. Normally, I didn't see Dr. Gurtcheff for the ultrasounds (these were performed by the Nurse Practitioners or PA's). So on the day of egg retrieval, I was very excited to see our doctor again. She was very sensitive to my needs, taking the time to go over any questions we had before the retrieval. She was very kind and caring, almost nurturing in a way. This process is scary, and she helped ease our minds. The egg retrieval went really well, and we ended up with 17 follicles. Over the course of the 5 days, we ended up with 7 perfectly healthy embryos. So we felt very fortunate. We did not do PGS testing because we didn't really fit the bill. Looking back now, I wish so badly we would have. We proceeded with a 5 day fresh transfer and transferred 1 embryo. We froze the remainder. One thing I want to mention here is that I have a history of having an inadequate cervix (I had two surgeries on my cervix in the past). Dr. Gurtcheff was extremely concerned about this and took all the appropriate measures to ensure that we were handling the situation appropriately. She did not feel comfortable transferring more than 1 embryo at a time where we did not know how my cervix would hold up under pressure. I felt very confident in her expertise and knowledge, as well as comforted knowing she had my best interest in mind. The first cycle was unfortunately unsuccessful, but we had been prepared that might be the case. We didn't let us deter us, and we pressed forward. The first frozen transfer went smoothly; again, Dr. Gurtcheff was fabulous and walked us through the procedure. We chatted through the transfer like old friends. Fast forward... the second transfer also failed. We were all perplexed, but we still felt hopeful because we had 5 frozen embryos still and knew our chances continued to increase with each subsequent transfer. We proceeded with our third transfer (second FET). With hopeful hearts, we waited the 2 weeks (anyone in the fertility world knows that this is the worst 2 weeks ever and truly feels like a lifetime). The wait was finally over, we got the call and we were ecstatic to find out that we were pregnant! FINALLY pregnant! After 3 years of infertility. I can honestly say that is probably the happiest day of my life. Dr. Gurtcheff was excited for us and we started to prepare for the next step. A week later, I went in for an HCG test to make sure my levels were still rising. Unfortunately, they had not, and in fact, they had dropped. I was having a miscarriage and the pregnancy was not viable. We were crushed. Just like that, it was taken away from us. With no further answers, we directed our questions to Dr. Gurtcheff, and although she was uncertain why it hadn't worked either, she was sensitive and caring and literally spent almost an hour with me on the phone to comfort me and talk me through possible scenarios as well as new plans to move forward. Moving through the next few cycles was hard, and I was losing hope with each failed round. Dr. Gurtcheff did research and we tried new things, and new medications. We even tried a non-medicated cycle on one of them, and just used my own bodies hormones. We also transferred 2 embryos on another. Unfortunately, for some unknown reason, none of them worked. We never even became pregnant again. At this point, I had been diagnosed with repeated implantation failure. After 6 full transfers, and no successful live births, we had officially shut down and our hearts were broken. We knew we needed to take a break. Dr. Gurtcheff remained compassionate and understanding. We met for a final consult after our last failed round, and we discussed the next plan of action; another retrieval, with PGS testing this time, and a few other tests. One or two more transfers, possibly. Then, we start looking at surrogacy if needed. Statistically, couples are more likely to be successful on their 6th or subsequent transfer. We hold onto that and hold onto the hope that when we are ready to try again, we will be successful and will get our miracle baby. It has been 4 years since we started infertility treatments, and we have not been successful yet. It has been truly the hardest trial of our lives. Even though we were not successful, I can honestly say that Dr. Gurtcheff made the process easier. Infertility is not an easy subject, and I'm sure that going into the profession is not an easy choice. Watching couples be successful is the most rewarding part of their job. But when couples aren't successful, it also negatively affects them, and I believe that Dr. Gurtcheff was sincerely disheartened every time we got a negative result. She felt the emotions with us. We have since taken 7 months off, and we are focusing on other things right now. But when we are ready to try again, we will be returning to Utah Fertility Center and we will see Dr. Gurtcheff. We have invested a lot of money and time, and emotions into this trial, and coming up empty handed has been extremely hard. But we are strong-willed, and are not ready to give up the fight yet.
Make sure you have all the questions you want answered at the time of your consult. Also, inquire about resources; i.e. therapy, help groups, etc. My husband and I didn't really look into these options in the beginning and they would have been very useful throughout the process. I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in the consult, but perhaps it should have been a bigger part of the conversation. Infertility is very taxing on a couple and a marriage.
I sort of already discussed our cycles in detail but some of the specifics I can remember that we did differently: 1) not transferring more than 1 embryo at a time (with the exception of one cycle and only after consulting with my high risk doctor). 2) 5 medicated cycles, and 1 natural cycle 3) Repeated testing (I did 2 HSG tests. Which btw are the WORST). But, when I had my first, i was with a different doctor and they did not put me under and I almost passed out from the pain. When Dr. Gurtcheff did it the second time, she was shocked to learn that they hadn't put me to sleep. We did this the second time and it was a much more pleasant experience. Again, a reason why Dr. Gurtcheff is amazing. 4) We tried a new medication called Neupogen due to repeated implantation failure. 5) We did not do PGS testing on our embryos. We plan to do that when we do our next full cycle.
For the most part, the nurses and staff were really great to work with. I feel like I had a better overall experience with my nurses that were assigned to my FET cycles rather than my fresh. Occasionally, I felt like it was difficult to get in touch with the staff, and often felt like I was leaving voicemails rather than actually speaking to someone the first time I called. I do think that they organized my cycles really well, and they were good about getting medications called in in an appropriate time frame. The only complaint I think I had was sometimes, I waited longer in the waiting room, even though I had appointments, than I should have. But that's to be expected. In all honesty, 1 in 8 couples struggle with infertility, and we are in Utah, where more people are having families. I think that the clinic is extremely busy and I think they do the best they can to juggle the patient volume. I never felt like I was being ignored or like I wasn't a priority. Every patient there is there for the same reason I was; to have a baby.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic is clean and organized. It's very welcoming. The baby pictures offer hope, and bring a smile to your face even when you're feeling hopeless. I live in Salt Lake City and I Loved how I could have all my blood draws and ultrasounds done at the Murray clinic (which is conveniently close to my house). This made each cycle so much easier to navigate. The amount of appointments per cycle is crazy, and it would not have worked as well if I would have had to drive to Pleasant Grove for every single one. The egg retrieval, HSG testing and embryo transfers were all done at the Pleasant Grove center. The PG clinic is very clean and I like the layout of it. Both clinics are conveniently located close to the freeway. I would always recommend going in comfy clothes when you go for your retrievals and transfers. Wear pants that are lose and comfortable because most likely, you'll go home and sleep/rest for a few days. Also, always, always, always wear socks! Warm feet= warm uterus! :) But for real, it's just better to have socks on when you're walking around the rooms in bear feet.
OH boy.. how can I forget the absorbent costs associated with infertility treatments. hah. From beginning to end, with four years of infertility treatments, we have spent close to 30,000 dollars on TTC. Between medications, IUI, additional testing and actual IVF. Unfortunately, neither of our organizations that we work for, nor do our insurance companies, help with infertility expenses. It's always been a very troubling concept to me. They say where it's elective, it's not covered. But I can vouch for every single woman who struggles to have a child naturally, that being infertile is NOT elective. No one chooses to be diagnosed with infertility. Yes, the process of moving forward with infertility treatment is a choice; but only after couples have exhausted all other options. As women, we are physiologically designed to conceive and carry babies. When that piece of you is broken, it's an internal struggle every day to really believe that something is wrong with you. I wish more insurance companies would consider this. IVF is expensive. But how can you put a price on true happiness; how can you put a price on a child of your own.
We chose to do ICSI and had great results. We got 7 embryos that all made it to the full blastocyst stage and thawed beautifully each time. We did not grade them. But they always looked beautiful under the microscope. Obviously, there is no way to truly know without doing PGS testing.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
For the most part, things went really smoothly. On one or two occasions, medications did not get called into the right pharmacy. But that was an easy oversight, and was quickly corrected. No big deal.
+ Read more- Read less

I loved doctor Conway as a person. She was so kind and empathetic. However, I had a few hormonal problems and a possible blocked tube on my HSG (which through a lap we found is completely blocked) that should have been treated before starting clomid. I felt like I was just another patient doing the typical TI route with zero regards to my hormones and blocked tube. ...
I paid $800 per clomid cycle plus the cost of medication. ... They were all so kind! ... The clinic [UFC] itself is super modern and cute which is nice. The entire team is super helpful and empathetic. My only real problem was that no one was upfront with me about the cost. When I called to understand their coding, the lady told me, “That’s just how we do it and won’t change it.” It was pretty frustrating to get a large bill that we weren’t expecting just because they coded things differently. I
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
I met with doctor Conway only once during the initial consultation which I honestly felt fine with. She was so beyond empathetic in the consultation. When she called to give us the results of our diagnostic work-up, she was clear about the results and was kind when officially diagnosing us with unexplained infertility. She clearly laid out the next steps for us and said to call whenever.
If you’re in the Idaho Falls office not doing IVF, you might not see her super often which honestly wasn’t a big deal for us.
I came in for an ultrasound on day 3, took clomid days 3-7, ultrasound again on day 12, was instructed exactly when to have sex, and then took the trigger shot on day 14. I then took progesterone vaginally. I also had a thin lining one time and was instructed when to take estrogen vaginally before doing the trigger.
They were all so kind! I was once stuck on the side of the road on my way to an appointment and called, and they were super understanding and fit me in later during the day.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic itself is super modern and cute which is nice. The entire team is super helpful and empathetic. My only real problem was that no one was upfront with me about the cost. When I called to understand their coding, the lady told me, “That’s just how we do it and won’t change it.” It was pretty frustrating to get a large bill that we weren’t expecting just because they coded things differently. I also did struggle with them not addressing my hormonal issue that is now fixed with medication (which I found out through my OB). Other than that, everyone is great!
I paid $800 per clomid cycle plus the cost of medication.

PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Conway and her nurses always treated us like a human and friend, not just a number. They took the time to hug me when things didn’t work out or hold my hand during tests when I was nervous. After our baby girl was stillborn, they sent us cards and condolences. ... Dr. Conway performed more testing and exploratory surgery a year and a half later. Currently we are working with Dr. Conway doing more testing and looking at our options of using a gestational carrier.
The nurses at UFC are wonderful! They always return calls in a prompt manner and are very supportive and compassionate. I’ve felt like they are close friends rather than nurses to me. They always explain everything pertaining to my care and make me feel like a priority.... They are compassionate and very knowledgeable. They are supportive and make you feel like a priority. Usually you have to make an appointment in advance since they are in high demand, but I only had to wait two weeks for my first appointment after scheduling. This clinic is amazing and have been by my side since day one.
PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway is kind and compassionate. She is very knowledgeable and covered all of our bases. She explains everything in detail so we can make informed decisions. She’s been so supportive since our loss and we love having someone on our team that is willing to work so hard to help us complete our family and beat infertility.
She’s a wonderful doctor and you will love having her on your side through this journey. Make an appointment as soon as possible since her schedule fills up quickly.
Dr. Conway and her nurses always treated us like a human and friend, not just a number. They took the time to hug me when things didn’t work out or hold my hand during tests when I was nervous. After our baby girl was stillborn, they sent us cards and condolences. They’ve vowed to fight with us until we bring our rainbow baby home.
We started with several tests to see if myself or my husband had an underlying condition. When those came back negative, we moved forward with monitoring and a round of clomid with an injection. We needed up ovulating without the trigger shot and got pregnant with a baby girl! I carried her to 34 weeks, but unfortunately had a placental abruption and our baby was stillborn. Dr. Conway performed more testing and exploratory surgery a year and a half later. Currently we are working with Dr. Conway doing more testing and looking at our options of using a gestational carrier.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shelby )
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
UFC is a great clinic! They have a high success rate and are so wonderful to work with. They are compassionate and very knowledgeable. They are supportive and make you feel like a priority. Usually you have to make an appointment in advance since they are in high demand, but I only had to wait two weeks for my first appointment after scheduling. This clinic is amazing and have been by my side since day one. We’re now 3 years and one loss into our journey, and they haven’t given up on us.
We paid less than $500 out of pocket for our Clomid cycle with Dr. Conway. This included testing, monitoring, semen analysis, medications and injections. Our insurance covered several things that we weren’t expecting.
Dr. Conway has advised us to only transfer one embryo if we were to use IVF treatment, because of my risk of placental abruption. It would be safer to have s Singleton than multiples for my health and our baby.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Foulk] is patient and understanding. He explains thing very clearly and doesn’t drone on. He is calm and doesn’t give false hope, but gave more like an action plan of “this is how we’re going to attack this problem.” He did each procedure for me, taking the time to do it right and was very skilled as well. He is an expert and quite knowledgeable without being condescending. I felt like I could ask alll of my questions and not be rushed or made to feel silly.
They’d [Utah Fertility Center] are all kind and seem to make each patient a priority. I never ever felt like a number. And every question I’ve had was always answered timely and thoroughly. They are always working hard and seem to be very happy and focused while being kind to patients and each other. They are well organized too. ... Chelsea always made the time for each patient and made them feel important. ... She is positive and helpful and on the ball. Very organized.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He is patient and understanding. He explains thing very clearly and doesn’t drone on. He is calm and doesn’t give false hope, but gave more like an action plan of “this is how we’re going to attack this problem.” He did each procedure for me, taking the time to do it right and was very skilled as well. He is an expert and quite knowledgeable without being condescending. I felt like I could ask alll of my questions and not be rushed or made to feel silly.
Endure and be patient with the process. . I have flown across states to see him and it is worth the time and effort !
They all knew my name and the nurse though busy, was reliable about returning calls. Sometimes it was later (6pm) but she would call! The office seemed to care and be working hard for their patients. I was never rushed around. They have always sought to find answers for me, whether quick questions about a drug or Dr. Foulk taking the time to really answer something thoughtfully and knowledgeably.
We only did an FET with Dr. Foulk (x2) but he was the only doctor I had positive pregnancy tests with (he is the third doctor I saw).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Chelsea)
Chelsea always made the time for each patient and made them feel important. Several times I met with Dr. Foulk and he set forward a plan and Chelsea was ready at the moment to enact it. She is positive and helpful and on the ball. Very organized.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They’d are all kind and seem to make each patient a priority. I never ever felt like a number. And every question I’ve had was always answered timely and thoroughly. They are always working hard and seem to be very happy and focused while being kind to patients and each other. They are well organized too.
I don’t remember exactly but an FET including medications was about $4000.
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Gurtcheff] has been patient with our hesitations and been willing to go with our plan and desires when they did not match her suggestions, but has been clear about what we can expect if we adjust our plan and try something new. After 3 failed IUI attempts she suggested that we move on to ivf with the better odds for those in our situation, but was very patient when we waited for 6 months taking a break and deciding what we wanted to do.
They [Utah Fertility Center] have extended hours which means if I can book my appointment far enough in advance then I can schedule an early or late appointment and not miss any work. ... It’s typically not too difficult to schedule appointments over the phone and only rarely have I not reached someone when calling the front desk. ... The front desk staff have always been personable.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr Gurtcheff has always been happy to talk through any questions I’ve had and explain any of the treatments we were moving forward with. She has been clear in communicating our next steps when previous treatments didn’t work. When simply taking clomid and timing intercourse didn’t work after the third try she suggested we move to the next step trying an IUI so we didn’t waste our money on something we felt fairly confidently wouldn’t work. She has been patient with our hesitations and been willing to go with our plan and desires when they did not match her suggestions, but has been clear about what we can expect if we adjust our plan and try something new. After 3 failed IUI attempts she suggested that we move on to ivf with the better odds for those in our situation, but was very patient when we waited for 6 months taking a break and deciding what we wanted to do. When we did decide to move forward with ivf after another bad summer of cysts and growing endometriosis she was quick to adjust the plan to accommodate the growing severity of my endometriosis and suggested a specialist who could perform surgery this time to remove my cysts while preserving and keeping my right ovary, and was involved at each step (minus the actual surgery). While we are just now starting the actual process of our first round of ivf I feel confidently that Dr Gurtcheff will continue to support and treat me to the best of her ability, with her best plan for my own situation.
Come prepared with questions and don’t hesitate in asking anything. She’s so happy to answer questions, but can’t predict all of them. And there are no stupid questions, ever.
I have always been reminded that this is my journey and my body and as such I control that journey and what we do and do not do. I have stage 4 endometriosis and my doctor is the one that performed the surgery to remove some large cysts and make the diagnosis of endometriosis and she has always been upfront about what that meant for us and how we move forward with fertility treatments.
In my first three months of treatments I started with a baseline appointment and then took clomid for 5 days, had another ultrasound to check the stimulation of my follicles. When the timing was right following that second ultrasound I would give myself the hcg trigger shot and then my husband and I would have sex 12 and 24 hours after the shot. I then took progesterone suppositories until my blood test to confirm if I was pregnant or not. The following treatment was the same except that rather than my husband and I having sex we did the interuterine insemination, but the timing and medication was the same. I then had my first laparoscopic surgery to diagnose and clean up my endometriosis. Following the surgery we did two more rounds of the IUI but used femara instead of clomid as it is supposed to be better for women with endometriosis. None of the treatments were successful so we took a break over the summer while we were doing some traveling, and to give my body some rest. We will be doing our first round of ivf in a month.
They have always been incredibly nice and helpful when I have been in the office. They have been more difficult to communicate with while I have been away from the office. They aren’t especially quick to return calls when I have had questions. With that being said, now that we are doing ivf we have been assigned a nurse/coordinator who has been incredibly easy to talk to and coordinate with and she is always quick to return phone calls.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They have extended hours which means if I can book my appointment far enough in advance then I can schedule an early or late appointment and not miss any work. The front desk staff have always been personable. It’s typically not too difficult to schedule appointments over the phone and only rarely have I not reached someone when calling the front desk. It has also always been easy to pay my balance, however t does sometimes take a while for the bill to be posted.
The Cycle of clomid, with a trigger shot, and times intercourse, we paid around $300 a month. Each IUI cycle cost $1000.

Anovulation, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
We had 2 unsuccessful frozen transfers and then the Dr [Deirdre Conway] told us about the ERA biopsy. It's not very well known or studied so it was definitely a risk but to us, it was well worth it. This changed the window of implantation which resulted in my first positive pregnancy test, which I miscarried. We tried one last time with our last embryo and it has resulted in a successful pregnancy. I also appreciated that since we moved from AZ and transferred records from a different fertility doctor, she reviewed those records and saw we had already done multiple IUIs
This [Utah Fertility Center-Pleasant Grove] is an extremely high volume, busy Clinic. As with many doctor offices, expect to have long wait times in the waiting room, but for the most part, the office did well responding to calls and emails with questions.... I dont remember the Dr talking to us about eSET specifically but I do remember her nurse calling to ask us how many embryos we wanted transferred. I was annoyed that this wasn't discussed with the doctor when the nurse told me that they recommend only one embryo be transferred. She, the nurse, vaguely reviewed why the doctor recommended only one Embryo transfer because we had all of our embryos not only graded, but biopsied
Anovulation, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
I could tell Dr Conway had the knowledge and background experience but there were still times during the course of multiple treatments that I felt confused about treatment and didn't have answers. This may have been bc she flat out didn't have answers for me or as a patient, I didn't understand. I work in the health field and know that patients hear what they want to hear at times
Not to give up if you don't get the results you want. And if you do and IVF and it fails, absolutely ask about the ERA biopsy. It was a game-changer for us
It's been many years I've undergone fertility treatments. There was one time I almost switched doctors because I felt the clinic staff was not getting back to me and I didn't know what the next step was and Conway didn't seem to have answers for me. Even so, I stuck with it and became persistent and am glad I stayed with Conway
We had 2 unsuccessful frozen transfers and then the Dr told us about the ERA biopsy. It's not very well known or studied so it was definitely a risk but to us, it was well worth it. This changed the window of implantation which resulted in my first positive pregnancy test, which I miscarried. We tried one last time with our last embryo and it has resulted in a successful pregnancy. I also appreciated that since we moved from AZ and transferred records from a different fertility doctor, she reviewed those records and saw we had already done multiple IUIs. We discussed the possibility of doing a few more IUIs and after a lot of discussion and reviewing medical studies, I was glad that she didn't have us waste any more time or money on IUIs
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Amberlie)
Honestly, and this was only my experience, I did not like or get along with my nurse coordinator. There was a time that I asked if there was someone different I could work with, and there wasn't I would have to change doctors. I continued to work with this nurse coordinator even though our personalities did not mesh
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
This is an extremely high volume, busy Clinic. As with many doctor offices, expect to have long wait times in the waiting room, but for the most part, the office did well responding to calls and emails with questions.
I was a unique case and was part of a drug study for the egg retrieval so I didn't have any cost associated with that part. The cost of subsequent transfers, meds, ultrasounds and visits added to be around $4500 each cycle
I dont remember the Dr talking to us about eSET specifically but I do remember her nurse calling to ask us how many embryos we wanted transferred. I was annoyed that this wasn't discussed with the doctor when the nurse told me that they recommend only one embryo be transferred. She, the nurse, vaguely reviewed why the doctor recommended only one Embryo transfer because we had all of our embryos not only graded, but biopsied. The first two transfers we did only transfer one embryo with no success, but the next two we transferred multiple and in our case this was the best option for success. I still have not had a pregnancy with multiples
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Utah Fertility Center.
Was waiting at a pharmacy and the clinic staff said they called in an rx but the pharmacy never got it and I had to call to have them call it in again. It was an rx that was specially planned on a calendar date and I needed it that day

2012 - 2018
Dr. Gurtcheff is kind and compassionate. She seems genuinely invested in helping me see a good outcome. She is easy to meet with, available at several locations and over the phone or via email. She listens and is honest about the probability of success...did a full round of bloodwork to check for factors that could cause repeat pregnancy loss (nothing found) and I had an endometrial biopsy done.
She [nurse at Utah Fertility Center] does an ok job, but is sometimes slow to get back to me. She doesn't always know what is going on with my cycle and is a little too clinical for me. She is nice enough, but not my favorite...I was given incorrect information after my HCG blood test. The first test came back low, so I knew the outcome might not be good. I had a repeat test done and the wrong number was written on my chart (or the doctor read it wrong) and the coordinator called me to say it was going up and things were looking good. The doctor called me later that night to correct the mistake and tell me that my numbers were not as high as first reported and that I would likely still miscarry.
2012 - 2018
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
I was first a patient of Dr. Gurtcheff's in 2012 after trying to get pregnant for over a year. I was seeing her in Pleasant Grove and then saw her in Murray when they opened their location there. I did 3 rounds of Clomid and two IUIs with injectables and was not able to get pregnant. When she recommended we move on to IVF, we moved to MA and continued our care there, under Dr. Zimon. I resumed my care with Dr Gurtcheff when we wanted to try for another pregnancy with our frozen embryos. We moved our embryos from Boston to UT. I lost both of those embryos, so now we are pursuing donated embryos in hopes of a successful pregnancy.
Stay up to date on current research, ask all your questions.
I did 3 rounds of Clomid in 2012. I always responded to meds and had 1-2 mature follicles, but no pregnancy. I did 2 IUI cycles with her as well, both with injectable meds. My husband has good sperm counts, but neither IUI was successful. My AMH was low and dropping, so it was recommended we move on to IVF, which we did (but with another clinic and doctor out of state). For my FET cycles, I took estradiol valerate to prep for FET and PIO to help support pregnancy. My first transfer had a positive pregnancy test, but HCG levels were low and never went up appropriately. I had an early miscarriage after verifying via ultrasound no viable pregnancy. Dr. Gurtcheff did a full round of bloodwork to check for factors that could cause repeat pregnancy loss (nothing found) and I had an endometrial biopsy done. My second FET was similar to the first and resulted in a successful pregnancy until 13 weeks when I developed a SCH that caused me to miscarry. She was supportive of us trying IVF with our own eggs again, but my insurance denied coverage due to high FSH levels, so we are pursuing donated embryos at this time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Mallory Oliverson)
She does an ok job, but is sometimes slow to get back to me. She doesn't always know what is going on with my cycle and is a little too clinical for me. She is nice enough, but not my favorite.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I like that the clinic is small, but they have several locations so I can always get in to be seen in a timely manner. The billing department seems a bit unorganized. I like that I can communicate easily with my doctor. I like that my doctor has done all my procedures.
FET was $2900.