Genetic counseling: Offered
(208) 529-2019
5296 Commerce Dr.
Murray, UT 84107
Pleasant Grove
1446 W. Pleasant Grove Blvd.
Pleasant Grove, UT 84062
676 South Bluff
St. George, UT 84770
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Utah Fertility Center to a friend?

I think that this clinic [Utah Fertility Center] is really good at marketing and creating a warm environment...The staff was friendly and very welcoming. If you are nervous, just say it! When I opened up about being nervous, the staff was great at addressing my fears and putting me at ease..nurses were very friendly...They were very prompt at returning emails. The staff always explained things to me at the best of their abilities. Once when I went in I was not feeling well and threw up in their sink! The nurses were so nice about it and made me feel so at ease. I mean of course I was embarrassed and felt bad, but they gave me no reason to feel those things.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I think that this clinic is really good at marketing and creating a warm environment. With the office being an extension one, I don't think I can really talk on what the offices in Utah are like. The staff was friendly and very welcoming. If you are nervous, just say it! When I opened up about being nervous, the staff was great at addressing my fears and putting me at ease.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
After the initial consultation I did not see or hear from Dr. Conway again. I completed three IUI'S with her clinic with two others having to be cancelled, due to too many eggs being ready . I did not expect to see her constantly, but the feeling of simply being passed off was not one that I was fond of. Her nurses were very friendly though, and I did enjoy them.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie Morgan)
The nursing staff was amazing! I loved Stephanie. They were very prompt at returning emails. The staff always explained things to me at the best of their abilities. Once when I went in I was not feeling well and threw up in their sink! The nurses were so nice about it and made me feel so at ease. I mean of course I was embarrassed and felt bad, but they gave me no reason to feel those things.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway seemed very kind and invested in our success during the consultation. She kept great eye contact and made my husband and I feel very hopeful. Once treatment began however, I feel it was a very different story. I never saw or heard from her again after that initial consultation. I felt I had simply been passed off. My experience as her specific patient was one of confusion and pain, as I honestly would not say that she had any part in my infertility journey.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
A piece of advice that I would give to a prospective patient of Dr. Conway would be to make sure you go to another doctor for your diagnostic services. I went to her and during the consultation she asked if I had regular periods, I said yes and that was all that she did on me besides routine blood work. After an increased amount of pain with each period while seeing Dr. Conway I went to another doctor. Almost instantly the new doctor was able to tell me that I had growths in my uterus, PCOS and most likely endometriosis. It was really upsetting to me that none of this was noticed or mentioned during the numerous ultrasounds I was given in Dr. Conway's office.
Describe the protocols Deirdre Conway used in your cycles at Utah Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I did IUI's with Dr. Conway's office. I would report to their office via phone when my cycle day one was. They would then schedule me to come in for my baseline ultrasound. After that appointment I would receive a prescription for chlomid and be scheduled for my next appointment. During the next appointment I would have another ultrasound to check the growth of the follicles. Then, based off of size I would know when to inject the trigger shot. Then come in the next day for the insemination. After insemination I would be lay on the table and they would raise the end of the table up, to where my head was lower than my feet. It always made me think of Phoebe off of friends at that part. After the procedure I would go home and start taking vaginal suppositories to help sustain a pregnancy. Then two weeks later I would go into the clinic again for a blood test. They would later call me with the results.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center.
Dr. Conway gave us an approximate number upfront for what an IUI would cost and unfortunately I cannot remember the number. The frustrating part to me was that there were a lot of tests and extra things that were not included in that lower number that had initially swayed our decision to continue with treatment.
Idaho Falls

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
Scheduling the IUIs [at Utah Fertility Center] was always really hard. Once I started IVF, I felt like I had vip status and they were way more responsive. It was also helpful to have a dedicated coordinator at that point instead of having to leave a message with the nursing staff and waiting for them to return my calls... Certotide for 4 days before retrieval and Prognyl hcg trigger shot. Resulted in 33 eggs at retrieval, 19 fertilized, ended with 7 5-day blasts. Endometrin 3x day and then 2 ml Progesterin in Oil once pregnancy was confirmed.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Scheduling the IUIs was always really hard. Once I started IVF, I felt like I had vip status and they were way more responsive. It was also helpful to have a dedicated coordinator at that point instead of having to leave a message with the nursing staff and waiting for them to return my calls.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr Foulk has always been so kind and patient. I feel like he knows us and shares in our excitement with a positive pregnancy test and then shared in our loss when I miscarried.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lacey Mickelsen )
The nursing staff is generally pretty good. Some nurses are better than others so it’s easy to pick favorites. Lacey was always great to reach out and update my chart online, which was super helpful!
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
After seeing another RE that didn’t listen or respect us, coming to Dr Foulk was a breath of fresh air. He immediately was able to diagnose me after 5 years of “unexplained infertility” and set a course of action to get us going in our treatments.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Ask as many questions as you’d like! Dr Foulk is so good to answer everything and work with you and your schedule.
Describe the protocols Russell Foulk used in your cycles at Utah Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We used birth control for 4 weeks and then started stims with Gonal F 300, adjusted up to 375 along with Menopur 75. Certotide for 4 days before retrieval and Prognyl hcg trigger shot. Resulted in 33 eggs at retrieval, 19 fertilized, ended with 7 5-day blasts. Endometrin 3x day and then 2 ml Progesterin in Oil once pregnancy was confirmed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center.
IUIs were $850ish (not including meds) IVF was $8300 (not including meds) and $750 for cryopreservation of our remaining embryos.
Describe Russell Foulk's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Utah Fertility Center.
Because of my previous miscarriages, I wanted to transfer 2 hoping at least one would make it. My doctor was happy to let me transfer 2.
Pleasant Grove

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center.

Between our 2nd and 3rd IUI we didn't have any communication with our doctor [Dr. Gurtcheff], we were frustrated but ended up meeting with her and made a new plan. we now communicate with her through the patient portal that Utah Fertility Center offers and it is much easier...the nursing staff so far has been very kind and compassionate to us. We only had one problem with a nurse who has very short with us and didn't really answer our questions in detail, but i can't remember her name. There is one NP that I really like, her name is Anne-Marie. She explains everything so well and answers all of our lengthy questions. She is very sweet and I can tell she cares about my treatment. I prefer to have her help us each time, but it is never the same NP or nurse that gives me an ultrasound, etc.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic is very nice and well kept, the woman that is at reception is awesome and remembers everyone's name, her name is Hilda. When it comes to the finance department, who answer questions about bills and charges, they could be a little more patient and compassionate. Sometimes they don't communicate adequately with reception, so reception with answer our questions about a bill and the answer will be wrong because they were not trained properly from Finance.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Between our 2nd and 3rd IUI we didn't have any communication with our doctor, we were frustrated but ended up meeting with her and made a new plan. we now communicate with her through the patient portal that Utah Fertility Center offers and it is much easier.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
We have only met with Dr. Gurtcheff twice, and felt like we weren't receiving much communication from her or the plan she has set for us. We happened to see her on one of our many visits and were able to speak with her and she assured us that she she looks at our chart often and is always aware of our situation. It helped us feel a little better, since we haven't seen her at any of our IUIs.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Be upfront about what you want and how much time you're willing to spend on each step (timed intercourse, IUI, then onto IVF, etc.)
Describe the protocols Shawn Gurtcheff used in your cycles at Utah Fertility Center and their degree of success.
The first 2 IUIs i was just on Fermara, the upped my dose to the highest dosage for my second IUI. I came in every few days/once a week to check my follicle size, etc. once my follicle was mature, they had me use the trigger shot and i came in for my IUIs 24 hours later. For my 3rd IUI, we introduced Clomid and Fermara along with the ultrasounds and trigger shot. it seemed to help my follicles grow faster and larger, which was great. I had one on each side that was mature and the other times i only had one. I am starting my medication for my 4th IUI today - again with the highest dosage of fermara and clomid. I have developed a cyst on my left ovary in between my last IUI and now, but they just called me with my blood results and it is not estrogen producing, so we can move forward with my 4th IUI. Before my IUIs, we tried one cycle of timed intercourse with fermara and a trigger shot.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center.
for each IUI cycle, it costs around $900.00 plus medication, that is around $50.00. We have not gotten the cost numbers for IVF quite yet.
Describe Shawn Gurtcheff's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Utah Fertility Center.
She explained that if i have 3 or more mature follicles we would not be able to move forward with an IUI, because of the chance of multiples. She is ok with two mature follicles for IUI.
Murray

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center.

Anovulation, Male Factor
We have never waited longer than 5 minutes to go back [at Utah Fertility Center]; several times it was like I sat down and a minute later they were bringing me back to the room! They also have a hot cocoa/coffee machine which is super nice. We have never had any issues or attitude from the receptionists; they have all been sociable and kind. Only the best things to say about this clinic, for sure. Best doctor experience I have ever had.
Anovulation, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
We have never waited longer than 5 minutes to go back; several times it was like I sat down and a minute later they were bringing me back to the room! They also have a hot cocoa/coffee machine which is super nice. We have never had any issues or attitude from the receptionists; they have all been sociable and kind. Only the best things to say about this clinic, for sure. Best doctor experience I have ever had.
While talking to Dr. Conway, she noticed how interested my husband and I were in the nitty-gritty details and broke everything down even more. She was very professional and easy to talk to. No question asked was considered a “bad” question so it made her easier to talk to about all of the things
They were so sweet and definitely made an effort to break any awkwardness. They always made sure they spoke within their own level of competency and told us what questions were more applicable for Dr. Conway.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway really took the time to listen to my husband and I. She also was extremely thorough while telling us about possible issues as well as the possible procedures we could undergo. I did come in with a cycle calendar that was misinterpreted. However it is unclear whether Dr. Conway misinterpreted it or if the person who scheduled the appointment scheduled it for a “normal” cycle (my cycle is 23 days; “normal” is 28 days). So my ovulation test was scheduled at a time when I wouldn’t have a chance at positive results (it was scheduled 1 day before my expected period). When this was brought up with a nurse practitioner, she was confused as to why my blood was drawn that day too. However, all other tests and procedures have gone smoother for sure. They took my calendar and I more seriously after that and scheduled an ovulation test at a more appropriate time.
Make sure you know your cycle before going in. I tracked mine on an app and it helped Dr. Conway figure out when tests would be appropriate. Also, advocate for your cycle. In the moment, it’s easy to get overwhelmed. But if they want to have you take an ovulation test at a certain time that your calendar says isn’t close to correct (apps aren’t always right, though!), make sure you ask why and bring up that your app said otherwise. They’re really great at answering questions and taking things into consideration!
Dr. Conway prescribed a thyroid medicine, as my tests came back stating I have a thyroid issue. Thyroid can cause infertility and she wanted to see if we could get my numbers back in a healthy range. This has been the only treatment plan thus far.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
It [Utah Fertility Center] is easy to find with lots of parking. It is a little hard to get a hold of the staff on the phone but they always call me back by the end of the day. Communication via the online patient portal has seemed to be the best way for me to reach someone...nursing staff was always so friendly to us. They would greet us and introduce themselves if we hadn’t worked with them yet. They seemed to genuinely care and wished us luck each time we went in for our ultrasounds. They took the time to answer our many questions. They comforted us when setbacks occurred in our treatment and when I was nervous about having to give myself injections at home.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic is close to our home and was personally referred to us by friends who have received treatments there. It is easy to find with lots of parking. It is a little hard to get a hold of the staff on the phone but they always call me back by the end of the day. Communication via the online patient portal has seemed to be the best way for me to reach someone.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason Parker at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr Parker listens to our concerns and personally calls us to discuss treatment options and why certain procedures might not have worked. His staff was also very warm in greeting us and making sure we were always taken care of.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center.
Dr Parker’s nursing staff was always so friendly to us. They would greet us and introduce themselves if we hadn’t worked with them yet. They seemed to genuinely care and wished us luck each time we went in for our ultrasounds. They took the time to answer our many questions. They comforted us when setbacks occurred in our treatment and when I was nervous about having to give myself injections at home.
How was your experience with Jason Parker at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr Parker has such a warm bedside manner. We felt that he took the time to take our concerns and opinions into consideration throughout our treatment process. We weren’t able to see him at every appointment but if there was some pressing question or concern we had, Dr Parker would see us or call us and address those issues. We are still in the process of figuring out what treatments work best for our situation but so far have felt very comfortable working with him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason Parker at Utah Fertility Center?
Don’t be afraid to express your concerns and to ask questions. Dr Parker has always been great at making sure we would be able to make informed decisions and understand each step in our treatments. Setting realistic expectations and goals with Dr Parker (for our situation) has also helped us to have a positive experience.
Describe the protocols Jason Parker used in your cycles at Utah Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I have PCOS. I was given Provera to help me start menstrual cycles. I was started on 100mg of Clomid since 50mg with my previous doctor had not been working. I was also given 500mg of Metformin for one week. At my ultrasound, I had no follicle growth so we upped my Clomid to 150mg and 1000mg Metformin. I wasn’t responding to those medications so we decided to try for an IUI cycle. I was given Provera to start another cycle and switched to 2.5mg of Letrozole. My follow up ultrasound showed no follicle growth so I was given 5mg of Letrozole and Dexamethasone. After five days there was still no follicle growth so my IUI was cancelled. I took Provera to start another cycle and attempt to prepare for another IUI. I was given 7.5mg of Letrozole and a double dose of Dexamethasone. After a week I was still not showing any follicle growth so Dr Parker decided to put me on Gonal F-RFF 75IU for three days. At my follow up ultrasound I had a tiny bit of follicle growth. But my lining was starting to thin so we had to cancel my IUI cycle again. We’re hoping to try for an IUI cycle again with full injectables before looking into IVF. I have a high egg reserve so we’ve been trying low dosages of medication because Dr Parker was concerned about hyperstimulation.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason Parker at Utah Fertility Center.
Consultation and appointments were covered by my insurance. An IUI cycle minus medications was about $800. My oral medications varied from about $4-80 each. A three day supply of Gonal F-RFF 75IU was $210.
Pleasant Grove

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jason Parker at Utah Fertility Center.

During both of my cycles [at Utah Fertility Center] I was going into their office 1-2 times a week for vaginal ultrasounds to check my follicles progress up until my iui. The nurse did everything and I never saw or talked to dr. Foulk after the consultation...She [care coordinator] double checked with dr. Foulk before continuing or changing my treatment. And the rest of the nursing staff was great they were very professional and friendly. And also very compassionate.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The strengths of this clinic is that they get things done in a timely manner. The weaknesses would have to be getting back in contact with you over the phone, sometimes it took days to hear back from them.
He took the time to explain everything in a way we understood. And he answered any and all questions we had.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Mcfarland )
My care coordinator Michelle Mcfarland was very knowledgeable and friendly. She double checked with dr. Foulk before continuing or changing my treatment. And the rest of the nursing staff was great they were very professional and friendly. And also very compassionate.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He is a great doctor but he has so many clinics to go to that we only saw him once when we first got our constellation. After that the nurses handled everything and we didn’t see or talk to him again.
Don’t expect him to do any of your procedures, or to see him again after your constellation.
He started me on progesterone to induce a period. And it went as planned. He then had me take clomid (100mg) for a few days, that produced zero results so they started me on injectables. I took 50 units of gonal-f a day for about 2 weeks. That produced very little change in my ovaries. And my lining started to thin out so they canceled that cycle. The second cycle we tried 2.5 mg of femara for 15 days that also produced nothing. So we started out at 75 units of gonad-f and it barely started to work so they upped my dosage to 150 units. That did start my ovaries producing follicles but very slowly so they again upped the dosage to 225 units. This produced 2 perfect follicles, and I was scheduled my iui. I took a trigger shot 36 hours before the iui, and they did 1 insemination. This resulted in a negative pregnancy test. During both of my cycles I was going into their office 1-2 times a week for vaginal ultrasounds to check my follicles progress up until my iui. The nurse did everything and I never saw or talked to dr. Foulk after the consultation.
iui: 875.00 That included, ultrasounds and physician monitoring 525.00, sperm preparation 165.00, And insemination 185.00 My injectable meds were between $405.00-$900.00 depending on the dosage. So all in all 1 cycle was around $2,000.00 with everything.
St. George

I don’t see this as a weakness but [Utah Fertility Center offices] are based out of Utah so Dr. Conway is only in Idaho Falls certain times of the month but she does always have her staff at the IF office. They are there to answer your phone calls and schedule times that work best for you to meet with Dr. Conway. The office is run very well and is very responsive to any questions or needs...She [nurse] always called to check in on me and see if I had any questions or needed anything. She made sure that we had the supplies we needed for at home treatments and even emailed me options for possible sperm donors.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I don’t see this as a weakness but are based out of Utah so Dr. Conway is only in Idaho Falls certain times of the month but she does always have her staff at the IF office. They are there to answer your phone calls and schedule times that work best for you to meet with Dr. Conway. The office is run very well and is very responsive to any questions or needs.
We actually went to a specialist before Dr.Conway and we left like we left with no answers or no plan. Then after meeting with Dr. Conway she gave us a plan and did extensive testing to help get to the root of our problem. She was so sincere and wanted to help in anyway possible. She gave us every detail of information we needed and more.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: I worked closing with her RN Leslie )
She always called to check in on me and see if I had any questions or needed anything. She made sure that we had the supplies we needed for at home treatments and even emailed me options for possible sperm donors.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway helped give us answers and gave us the information we had so desperately been looking for. We found out that my husband has a Y chromosome mutation....hearing that was so hard but Dr. Conway was so sweet and didn’t want us to leave feeling helpless. She gave us all of the alternative plans and was so supportive in whatever we wanted to do next.
Listen to her and be open about anything and everything! Trust her!
She gave us a paper mapping out all of the dates and times that we could try different things. She always had a plan and made sure we understood the plan.
We had to pay out of pocket but and it is difficult but when you are taken good care of it makes it ok.
Describe Deirdre Conway's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Utah Fertility Center.

2017 - 2019
They [nurses at Utah Fertility Center] are all very nice and some of them were also patients at my clinic so they understand what it’s like from a patient perspective...Each IUI is $875 which we had to pay out of pocket...The clinic is very clean and the staff is wonderful. Sometimes the wait times are long, but it just depends on the time of day. The staff is friendly and easy to get ahold of on the phone. The nurses line isn’t very easy to get ahold of however and you have to call back several times or leave a voicemail to speak with a nurse.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Dr. Gurtcheff is extremely empathetic and kind! She makes you feel like you are important and you’re not making up your pain. I love her!
They are all very nice and some of them were also patients at my clinic so they understand what it’s like from a patient perspective.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
She has the best bedside manner and is very balanced with providing information and showing compassion. She is so patient and I never felt rushed when asking her questions. She is the most empathetic dr. I’ve ever had! She helped me understand what endometriosis is and was the reason I was diagnosed. I love her!
Come with questions prepared, she is amazing at answering any questions you have.
When I first went to see Dr Gretcheff, I had told her I was able to get pregnant naturally after 2 years of trying, but had a miscarriage at 10 weeks. She was the Dr. who first diagnosed me with endometriosis. Since I was able to get pregnant naturally, she wanted me to continue trying while taking progesterone after I ovulated for a few more months. After that didn’t work, I decided to have surgery for my endometriosis. During surgery, They found I had stage 3 endometriosis, but the surgeon was confident he excised it all and told me to try naturally for 6 months. After I wasn’t able to get pregnant for 6 months after my surgery, I went back to Dr. Gertcheff at the beginning of this year. We decided to try 3 rounds of IUI before pursuing IVF. The first round, I was taking 50 mg of clomid for 5 days after my baseline ultrasound. I produced 1mature egg that round and we did the IUI. We waited for 2 weeks and the results were negative. Dr. Gurtcheff increased my clomid up to 100 mg for the second round, which also produced 1 mature egg and was also negative. For the 3rd IUI, she increased my clomid to 150 mg which produced 2 mature eggs. I’m still waiting to see if the 3rd one worked, but if it is negative our next step would be IVF. We have been trying to get pregnant for a total of 4 years now.
Each IUI is $875 which we had to pay out of pocket. I don’t know how much IVF would be. The trigger shot and progesterone were about $200 together. Clomid was $40.

2017 - 2019
The staff an clinic [Utah Fertility Center] have always treated us well. We have always been well informed and know what we are getting into...The nursing staff was always very friendly and always very willing to help. They always made themselves available to answer any questions or concerns even after hours. Though sometimes we had to wait for them to return calls theybalways did. I always felt we were well taken care of.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Although very far from of our house I have not had any negative interactions from the clinic. The staff an clinic have always treated us well. We have always been well informed and know what we are getting into.
Dr Gurtcheff was extremely friendly, professional, courteous, and connected to us and our results. I always felt that Dr Gurtcheff had the health and safety of my wife in mind. Although we had to have our first collection cancelled. We always felt like she was doing her best to get us there. Even through our negative pregnancy test we have always felt like dr Gurtcheff has a plan for us.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr Gurtcheff is a very good doctor. She has always taken care of my wife and has he best intentions of getting us a baby. She has given us hope that one day we will have a baby. She is very thorough in her research and describes what will be the best course for us in a way that easy to understand.
Go into every appointment with an open heart and open mind. Infertility is a rough road and you will not get the results you want all the time. Dr Gurtcheff will do her best to help you through and understand all the processes
My wife received started collection medication. She then performed a standard collection followed by a fresh transfer
We have spent around 15$ for medication and treatment trying to conveive
We first did eSET as recommended to have a successful pregnancy and is considering and proposing multiple per the embryos we have left after that.

2014 - 2019
2 IUI, 4 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological
The building [Utah Fertility Center] is beautiful. The staff knows their stuff. The only issue is possibly that they are quite busy (not really their fault though). So, when I recommend people I let them know in advance that you have to practice a lot of patience because you generally have to wait until the end of the day to receive a call back. The staff works their tails off though. Some clinics wrap up everything at 5 and call it quits. I've received calls at 7 pm before because they are still calling patients. T
2014 - 2019
European, Other
2 IUI, 4 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The building is beautiful. The staff knows their stuff. The only issue is possibly that they are quite busy (not really their fault though). So, when I recommend people I let them know in advance that you have to practice a lot of patience because you generally have to wait until the end of the day to receive a call back. The staff works their tails off though. Some clinics wrap up everything at 5 and call it quits. I've received calls at 7 pm before because they are still calling patients. They leave no stone unturned before they wrap up for the day.
Dr Foulk has let me call him and barrage him with questions. I walk into each consultation with a long list of questions, and he patiently takes the time to review each of my concerns, and give me resources to his answers. I've experienced a lot of loss at Utah Fertility Center, and he has always been very sympathetic and kind.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Chelsee Young and Danica Gilbert)
Wonderful. I have no complaints. They took the time to reassure me when I was anxious, let me vent, explain and answer questions to me. When I experienced my last miscarriage, every nurse I worked with came into the room to give me a hug and tell me they were sorry. It was such a bitter-sweet moment. They really made me feel cared for. My dreams were there dreams.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Since I've been there so long, there may be another doctor I would be interested in talking to (Dr. Gertcheff - she works at the same clinic) for a 2nd opinion. She seems to have just a bit more compassion (she had to be the doctor to tell me during an ultrasound that I lost my baby, and she rubbed my arm while I sobbed, very soothing and sympathetically). I still adore Foulk, but have been considering switching to Dr. Gertcheff. I may not though, because of my history with Dr. Foulk and because I think he is great at what he does too. He bounces back between clinics in northern and southern Utah so he isn't always the doctor on hand to help me when I am doing procedures, etc. When he has been there though, he always remembers my husband and me (which is important to me, to feel like a human and not a number). He has tried to help lighten the mood when we are stiff and anxious. He is very realistic about expectations (careful to not get my hopes high when I've had poor quality embryos). He takes time with me when I need it, which I very much appreciate. Infertility has turned me into a very type-A person, where I (likely, to a fault) micromanage my cycle. He doesn't scoff at me for it, but instead works with me to make sure mentally, I am taken care of (since IVF is such a huge undertaking anyway). When I start getting really nutso (because of all the stories online) he is careful to guide me back onto the course and explains that not everything I've read online is accurate. He has let me invite my acupuncturist to appointments and makes space for her when I do transfers. He has been very accommodating. Before I met Dr. Foulk, my husband and I had spent 6 years trying to get pregnant. We had seen several unqualified doctors who made grandiose promises to us, that were unsuccessful. Dr. Foulk was the first person who gave us hope. Not even necessarily hope for babies, but hope for answers. For 6 years I was told there was no reason for my infertility, but after seeing Dr. Foulk, we now have tons of answers as to why I haven't been able to get pregnant (endometriosis stage 4, and MTHFR). I still do not have children, but the answers have provided a massive relief, for which I am very grateful. One of my biggest let-down's with Dr. Foulk was simply that he didn't test me for endometriosis until after my 1st failed IVF with them. I wish that was something we would have done from the start, just because the 1st IVF felt like a bit of a waste. To be fair though, I didn't understand that the severity of my symptoms were abnormal so I didn't explain that well enough to urge for testing. I can't blame him for thinking I didn't need a laparoscopy. Other than that, I am very pleased.
I'd say to be patient because he has so many clients (all over the state of Utah) and he works in two different clinics so you may not see him often. I would also say that he is very by-the-book with western medicine, so if you're a little on the eastern medicine side of things, he won't discourage you, but he may not see the purpose. I'd also say that you're in great hands, and that all my friends who have seen him (seriously, everyone but me, haha) has ended up pregnant. I'd say, if you explain to him how infertility has impacted other aspects of your life (emotionally, financially, spiritually, etc) he will have a resource to help you. He really, really, knows his stuff.
This is long! Here we go. 2014 (6 years into my infertility at this point) = 29 years old I still have the paperwork. My daily meds are: Lupron, prenatal, baby aspirin, coq10 Stim meds (10 days): follistim 225, menopur 1 powder 5 days before transfer I start HGH 50 units Feel so bloated. 10 days of stims, then trigger shot. Egg retrieval 2 days later. 31 eggs retrieved. 26 are mature enough to inseminate with ICSI. 20 fertilized. 2 grade C (heavily fragmented) blastocysts by day 5 (the rest have arrested). We transfer both. Use progesterone suppositories after transfer. 10 day beta = 21 HCG ("your number is low but we will be cautiously optimistic!"). Spot and bleed the entire time. I'm instructed to switch to PIO (progesterone in oil) shots (because of the irritation the suppositories are causing to my cervix). It rises appropriately until 600 and then slowly peaks at 700. At my 6 week ultrasound, we see my uterus contracting, and the blood draw that day comes back at 90. I am told to stop all meds. We save for a year to do another IVF. Before the next IVF... Dr. Foulk readdresses the idea of me possibly having endometriosis (because of how many eggs arrested and I was still considered relatively young). I go in for a laparoscopy in 2015 and am told I have stage 4 endo. He removes as much as he can, then puts me on a 3 month treatment of depot lupron to shrink any left over endometriosis. 2016 - 2nd IVF (31 years old) Protocol: Estrace 2 mg vaginally daily, prenatal, coq10, baby aspirin. 10 days of stims: Follistim increased to 300, menopur 1 powder vial, begin HGH 5 days before egg retrieval 36 eggs retrieved. 23 are mature enough to inseminate with ICSI. 18 fertilize. 3 grade B embryos make it to blastocyst stage. We transfer 2, and freeze one. Go on the strongest dose of PIO to help prevent spotting/bleeding. Day 10 beta HCG comes in at 5.1. Am told to continue with meds. It climbs up to 114, and then drops to 19. Chemical pregnancy. I get tested for MTHFR - am tested positive for homozygous C667T. Could explain the recurrent miscarriage. November 2016 - Frozen Embryo (of 1 grade B blastocyst) transfer (am now 32 years old) Protocol: Prenatal with FOLATE (instead of folic acid), estradiol valerate twice a week, baby aspirin, progesterone in oil 1 ml, after transfer I begin heparin (blood thinner) twice a day. 10 Day beta/HCG blood draw: Negative No frozen embryos. Husband and I decide to give IVF one last shot. We want to give it everything we've got. We save for another year. We decide to PGS test the embryos this time. November 2017 egg retrieval Protocol: Prenatal with Folate (for MTHFR), coq10, baby aspirin, Follistim increased to twice a day (morning is 300 mg, night is 225), menopur 1 powder vial, HGH begins 5 days before retrieval, dexamethasone (steroid) starts about 9 days before retrieval. It takes a few extra days of stims this time to get my eggs to the right size. 26 eggs retrieved. 22 are at the right size to inseminate with ICSI. 13 Fertilize properly. All look bad by day 5. But one, shifts and suddenly starts doing better. They call it my FIGHTER baby. One more pulls through. They tell me this one looks pretty bad and give me the option of tossing it. No way. Keep it. Because both my little blastocysts are fragile, I opt out of PGS testing and don't want to damage them. We freeze them while we work on moving out of my in-laws. So in total, I have one grade B blastocyst, and one grade C blastocyst. April (sigh, one year ago) 2018 - 33 years old FROZEN TRANSFER FOR BOTH EMBRYOS They thaw very well. We transfer both. I begin dexamethasone again to suppress my immunity from possibly kicking the babies out. I also start an immuno-suppressant treatment (where I get hooked up to an IV every other week, to flush my body full of intralipids... another attempt to help me from kicking the babies out). I am on heparin (blood thinner (for MTHFR)), prenatal with folate, and the strongest dose of progesterone in oil that I can get. Day 10 beta HCG blood draw = 38 (highest I've ever had, but still considered low) It raises up to 3100 and when I go in for my 6 week ultrasound, I begin bleeding profusely on the table and am told that my baby had died. My 6 week ultrasound turned into an immediate D&C. I walked in pregnant and left empty. My pregnancy tissue is tested and the results come back that I was pregnant with one, chromosomally normal, boy. No frozen embryos. No closer to having a baby than where I was 10 years before. At this point, I've had 93 eggs retrieved from Utah Fertility Center, 7 embryos that made it to blastocyst stage (4 that were grade B, and 3 that were grade C). I've had 2 fresh transfers, and 2 frozen transfers that resulted in 2 miscarriages, and 1 chemical pregnancy. No babies yet. 2019 (currently 34 years old) Dr Foulk recommends I do a donor egg cycle. He says with my age, and how well I responded to meds that he thinks my endometriosis is inside my ovaries and has damaged all my eggs. This has been a LONG process of letting go of the babies we've lost, and trying to figure out what the right step going forward is for my husband and me. We're discussing embryo adoption, foster care, adoption, and yes, donor egg. We have been saving since our miscarriage last year for whatever we attempt. My husband will be going through a DNA sperm fragmentation test this summer to ensure his sperm is chromosomally normal (we have no reason to suspect it isn't, all his semenalysis's have been normal) but he doesn't want to proceed with donor egg until we get those results. Assuming the results come back good, then we will begin the process to use a donor for a donor egg IVF cycle and then will attempt to transfer the embryos back into me. Wish us luck!
One of the reasons I chose Utah Fertility Center over Reproductive Care Center in Utah was because RCC made you choose a package based on a gamble ("You can pay $20k up front for 3 egg retrievals and transfers and if it doesn't work we will refund 80%! But if you get pregnant on your first attempt, we won't refund any... and you'll have paid twice the amount that someone who just pays for one cycle gets..."). Utah Fertility Center didn't want to prey on my emotions and said that with each IVF attempt, they will discount the cycle more and more. By the end I was paying a very inexpensive price (well... for IVF anyway) which was very appreciated. They always gave us free ICSI too.
My doctor recommend a single embryo transfer if you are young and the embryo quality is strong. If you are a little older and/or the embryo quality was poor than he recommended transferring more than one (if that was an option). Because of my low embyo quality, we always transferred two.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
UFC is a very well-run clinic. I almost never have to wait for more than a few minutes for any of my appointments and they are typically pretty quick appointments. I will say that sometimes it almost feels too efficient, like they are trying to get as many people through as quickly as they possibly can. Maybe that speaks more to their popularity than anything though? Overall it's a nice, clean, friendly fertility clinic.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
For the most part, I feel like the staff at UFC really cares for me and my successful outcome. However, there have been times where it felt like I was just one more patient on the conveyer belt - going through the same motions as the many other women receiving the same treatments. There was one point where our insemination appointment was 1/2 hour behind, and the nurse explained the delay as "doing something for Dr. Conway." It bothered us to feel like our time and treatment wasn't as important as whatever else they had going on. I think patients should always be number one.
The nurses have all been very kind and knowledgable. I would say some are more gentle and experienced than others, but overall I have been completely happy with their care.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
My husband and I met with Dr. Conway for the initial consultation and really liked her. She was kind, compassionate, straightforward, answered all of our questions clearly, and came across as someone who genuinely cared about our successful outcome. All of our treatments so far have been performed by nurses so I really only have that one appointment to evaluate Dr. Conway on.
Go into the appointment with the knowledge that there is a lot of information coming your way so it is normal to feel overwhelmed.
When we met with Dr. Conway she gave us three treatment options: timed intercourse, IUI, or just going straight for IVF. We decided on IUI with the understanding we'd try it 3-4 times before moving to IVF. My first IUI cycle went like this: I had my baseline ultrasound on day 3 of my cycle, took femara on days 3-8 of my cycle, came in for a follow-up ultrasound on day 12, and then was told I'd be ready for the trigger shot the following night. I took the trigger shot on Friday night (day 14) and went in for the insemination 36 hours later. This was unsuccessful. Round two started off similar: went in for baseline on day 3, started Femara that night, went back on day 12 for monitoring, was told I wasn't ready so I was told to take Femara again, then came back about four days later. At that point I was told I might have already ovulated or was about to so they did bloodwork. I was called later and told I was about to ovulate so they did the insemination without trigger shot the next afternoon. It was negative. The third IUI cycle went basically the same as the first one. Again, a negative result.
Our initial consultation with Dr. Conway cost $230. Each cycle of IUI costs $875, plus around $175 for the associated fertility drugs (Femara, trigger shot, and progesterone - not purchased through UFC). I have also spent several hundred dollars on bloodwork - genetic testing, pregnancy tests, hormone testing, etc.
Murray

It did take a out a month for my first appointment. Other than that the clinic [Utah Fertility Center] is great. It I a little tricky to find that first time but if you call they can help direct you more. They have modern machine and a nice clean office space.... I think for the timed intercourse treatment at the clinic was $530. Then some medication had to be ordered from a special pharmacy and that was around $300. The other medication I could get from my local pharmacy and it was around $250.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
It did take a out a month for my first appointment. Other than that the clinic is great. It I a little tricky to find that first time but if you call they can help direct you more. They have modern machine and a nice clean office space.
I felt like all the staff were caring and really made an effort to use my name and were willing to help.
The nurses are great!! They always use my name and ask how I am doing. Very friendly and warm.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr Conway is very good making me feel comfortable and explain things in a way I could understand. She really cares about the patients and wants to help you succeed. She does split time between the Idaho and Utah centers so I haven't see her every time.
Make the appointment! I know it can be hard and you don't want to be let down again but make the appointment. Let Dr Conway help you figure things out.
We are doing timed intercourse. So I started with a baseline ultrasound to look at my lining and ovaries. We then did 5 days of Clomid, I didn't have any follicles that were big enough so we did more Clomid with Femara. I also had two do two injections of Pregnyl. Finally I had two follicles that were big enough. I did a trigger shot and then we we're to have intercourse 12 and 24 hours after. I then had to use a progesterone supository to help with my lining. I thing went in 2 weeks later for a blood test. It came back negative. So we are starting over again.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor
The only times I didn't receive quick response [from Utah Fertility Center] were the very first time I called (I did receive a call back by the end of the day) and on a Sunday when I was trying to touch base with the lab. All the nurses and nurse practitioners I worked with were great. Even the phlebotomists were great (the one in Pleasant Grove was actually one of the best people in the whole clinic - so friendly and compassionate).
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I read some reviews that mentioned problems with the front desk staff (at both the Murray and Pleasant Grove locations) and I can only say that my experience with all of them was great. The only times I didn't receive quick response were the very first time I called (I did receive a call back by the end of the day) and on a Sunday when I was trying to touch base with the lab. All the nurses and nurse practitioners I worked with were great. Even the phlebotomists were great (the one in Pleasant Grove was actually one of the best people in the whole clinic - so friendly and compassionate). I thought it was kind of impersonal that the lab called directly with the results of the embryos rather than the IVF coordinator. I guess it streamlines things a bit, but I'd rather have had an email than a phone call from a complete stranger (different person each time too). Dr. Conway did call on day 5 to confirm that our embryos had stop developing (which was appreciated).
I felt like Dr. Conway really was interested in learning our background. She made decisions for our treatment based on our history.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Mallory)
I'm not sure if she was just dealing with something personal during my cycle (she was out of the office many days through my cycle), but Mallory was not great at following up on emails/requests from Dr. Conway to contact me (I had to contact her on at least two occasions after Dr. Conway said she would have Mallory contact me). She also didn't order enough injection supplies from the pharmacy so I had to have them send more. That being said, Mallory was very nice to work with in person (the couple of times I met with her). I really just felt like she was not right on top of my care like a previous IVF coordinator I worked with.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway is a very competent fertility doctor. She seemed very up-to-date on the latest research and made sure she explored all possible testing before proceeding with IVF (we had done some testing with other clinics, and she tested some other things that could be problematic, such as sperm fragmentation). I appreciated her willingness to cater the protocol to our specific circumstance. The one thing I wish was that we could have had direct communication with her during the week of ultrasounds leading up to our egg retrieval. Everything was communicated through nurses and nurse practitioners. I think if we could have talked directly with her we could have had more of a discussion about the timing of our retrieval (we were told that we were not ready for an egg retrieval based on my estrogen levels, but in our follow-up meeting it sounds like we could have gone ahead a day or two earlier - they were just trying to get as many eggs as possible, which was not as important to me as quality).
Make sure you understand what kind of contact you'll have with her during the IVF process. Ask what options there are for getting in touch with her if you feel your questions need to be addressed personally rather than through a third party.
She put me on estrogen rather than birth control to suppress my ovaries in hopes that it would improve egg quality. She also put me on some optional medications to try and improve egg quality: HGH (growth hormone), testosterone cream, and dexamethasone. For the stimulation protocol I started with 2 powders of Menopur and 225 units of Gonal-F (this was increased after my first ultrasound). Since I have diminished ovarian reserve, she wanted a high enough dose to get plenty of eggs, but not too high that egg quality would be compromised. I had 8 eggs retrieved and fertilized, but unfortunately none of the embryos developed past day 3.
The IVF procedure (with ICSI, and freeze-all) was just under $12,000. I spent nearly $6,000 on medications (this included HGH which was well over $1,000). Each appointment with Dr. Conway was over $100 and billed to insurance (unfortunately my insurance only reduced the cost a few dollars).

2017 - 2019
They [Utah Fertility Center] are very busy and don't always get back to you the same day. The staff is very kind and caring and I appreciate how much love they have shown us. There have been several times where I didn't fully understand why we were doing things the way we were or surprise expenses.... We had some miscommunication with our sperm use during an IUI. Since the miscarriage of our PGS tested embryo I've been doing a lot of research and feel there may have been thing
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They are very busy and don't always get back to you the same day. The staff is very kind and caring and I appreciate how much love they have shown us. There have been several times where I didn't fully understand why we were doing things the way we were or surprise expenses. A support group that is facilitated by a staff member would help a lot.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jessie Dorais at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Dorais is the kindest person I have ever met. Period. She genuinely wants to help us build our family. I have felt that from her since the day we met 2.5 years ago. She has gone out of her way to make sure we felt comfortable and informed in this oft times awful process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Mallory )
Everyone was wonderful overall. The only thing I would like to see differently is more education for the patients regarding ways they can work to improve their chances.
How was your experience with Jessie Dorais at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Dorais is a brilliant doctor and very cautious and conservative in her treatment. I feel that perhaps that conservativeness may have gotten in the way of being informed of some studies into things that might have helped us. However if you can be an advocate for yourself and come to her with information you have gathered and protocols you'd like to try, she is absolutely willing to guide you through those things safely.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jessie Dorais at Utah Fertility Center?
Don't be afraid to advocate for yourself and ask all the questions you'd like.
Describe the protocols Jessie Dorais used in your cycles at Utah Fertility Center and their degree of success.
To be completely honest, up until now I haven't felt like I needed to know or question why we were doing things a particular way. I think more information about what everything is and what the patient can do to improve outcomes needs to be discussed far in advance (at least 3 months for lifestyle changes and supplementation implementation).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jessie Dorais at Utah Fertility Center.
Still awaiting insurance coverage information.
Murray

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jessie Dorais at Utah Fertility Center.

The clinic [Utah Fertility Center] was okay. We used one of their satellite clinic so it was as nice as their main location. The main location was obviously nicer. The waiting room was bigger in the satellite site which was nice but kind of odd.... I like my doctor but the nursing staff seemed unorganized. I called ahead to ask a few more questions before starting my IUI but they weren’t as talkative compared my doctor
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic was okay. We used one of their satellite clinic so it was as nice as their main location. The main location was obviously nicer. The waiting room was bigger in the satellite site which was nice but kind of odd.
She was very kind and understanding. I’m a very A type personality so I do a lot of research and she answered every one of my questions. I heard horror stories that doctors don’t take kindly to patients like me.
Well, I like my doctor but the nursing staff seemed unorganized. I called ahead to ask a few more questions before starting my IUI but they weren’t as talkative compared my doctor
How was your experience with Jessie Dorais at Utah Fertility Center?
She’s very soft spoken. That was okay with me but I can see how it may bother other. She used a lot of illustrations to describe things which were helpful. She was also very hopeful and pointed a lot of positives in our situation.
I was fortunate enough that my GYN doctor did a lot of the diagnostic testing which then Dr Dorais continued. I feel like UFC is very much “let’s get you pregnant” so I wasn’t sure if they didn’t need to evaluate more on the reasons why I wasn’t getting pregnant
She diagnosed us with MFI due to my Husband’s Varicocele and low morphology. She put him on Coq10. We had to talk to her about seeing a infertility urologist to assess it further which she left it up to us. We decided to pursue that direction since my insurance would cover surgery. At the time, my husband continue with the Coq10 so we’re not sure which helped.
It seems pretty standard.
Describe Jessie Dorais's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Utah Fertility Center.
We haven’t spoken about transfers but she did express her discomfort about possible multiples in my statue.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, PCOS
The nursing staff [at Utah Fertility Center- Idaho Falls] were great! They helped me with all the questions I had upon scheduling and any questions I had about our upcoming cycle. They were all so amazing and showed such great care as well..., The clinics strengths and weaknesses are listed below based on my experience Strengths: very compassionate and caring Weakness: can sometimes be very busy in getting an answer in regards to a question you called about earlier, may take a few days to get a response
East Asian, South Asian, Ashkenazi Jewish, Latino, Black or African-American, Middle Eastern, Native American, Other, Prefer not to answer
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Dr. Conway was more than happy to answer all the questions we had and after every question she asked us if we had any others, like there was an unlimited amount of time she could visit with us. She showed such care and was willing to listen to all of the treatment we would like to proceed with and made suggestions and/or agreements. She made us feel so comfortable and we have such great trust in her care. She is so amazing. After 4 years of unexplained infertility she gave us both diagnoses as to why we can’t get pregnant on our own and why (when I did get pregnant with medication assistance), miscarried. She has amazing bed side manner. I wish we would have decided to see her sooner in our infertility journey.
The nursing staff were great! They helped me with all the questions I had upon scheduling and any questions I had about our upcoming cycle. They were all so amazing and showed such great care as well.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dont be afraid to speak your mind or ask questions. She encourages them and is so kind to answer them all in a way that you will understand.
Dr. Conway saw my husband and I for a consultation for IVF after 4 years of unexplained infertility. She first looked at our history and diagnosed us both and explained why we can’t get pregnant on our own. She mapped out different options of treatment for us and we discussed each one in depth. We decided to go with IVF due to my low ovarian reserve, previous miscarriages, and best chance of conceiving and delivering a healthy baby. We plan to do IVF in July of 2019. We are planning to do ICSI, and PGS testing on our embryos.
For our IVF protocol we are expected to pay roughly $21,000 for all the expenses.
We have not discussed this topic yet. We want to wait until my egg retrieval and see how many embryos we get that are normal and decide from there.

2017 - 2019
They [Utah Fertility Center] rarely answer phones when you call the first time and you have to wait a while for responses. Other than that, they go above and beyond to make sure you have information you need and that you feel comfortable there. They get to know the patients and treat them like good friends. ... My IVF coordinator only worked part-time, so it took a long time to get communication back and forth from her.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Great clinic! They rarely answer phones when you call the first time and you have to wait a while for responses. Other than that, they go above and beyond to make sure you have information you need and that you feel comfortable there. They get to know the patients and treat them like good friends.
Dr. Dorais made us feel like she really knew us. We mentioned once that my husband ran track and a year and a half later she asked us about it. She remembered everything we told her whether it was personal or clinical. She always said hi when she saw us and I knew she was emotionally invested in our case.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shailee Taylor)
The nursing staff is amazing! My IVF coordinator only worked part-time, so it took a long time to get communication back and forth from her. I knew everyone who worked there and got to really feel comfortable and loved by the staff.
How was your experience with Jessie Dorais at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Dorais was so compassionate. If I was ever frustrated at a bad outcome of a procedure or with the whole IVF process, the second we sat down with her, all my frustrations melted away. She always had our best interest at heart. She was concerned about us emotionally and financially and allowed us space to make the best decisions for us. She always fully informed us of treatment plans and back-up treatment plans. She is just the BEST.
Just go to her!!
I had great insurance that covered most of our treatments. IUI without insurance was around $800, but with insurance we usually paid around $200 out of pocket. Dr. Dorais helped us qualify for an IVF study that ended up only costing us up to $5,000 which was amazing. There were medicines in between all of that as well as costs for ultrasounds, etc. but with insurance it was manageable for us.

2013 - 2019
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
They [Utah Fertility Center] are very kind and compassionate. That is a huge strength. They are knowledgeable and always seeking new treatments and ways to help their clients. They need more options for payment. Or better payment plans in my opinion. ... One of the coordinators was very inexperienced and i had a hard time getting in contact with her. She did make multiple mistakes on my calendar and I wasn’t really happy with the disorganization. Since we were paying a lot and it was important to us that we feel prepared.
2013 - 2019
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They are very kind and compassionate. That is a huge strength. They are knowledgeable and always seeking new treatments and ways to help their clients. They need more options for payment. Or better payment plans in my opinion.
She’s so friendly and easy to talk to. She is great at listening to concerns and validates you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: morgan, Lacey (currently) and one more that i can’t remember )
most of the nursing staff was so great! One of the coordinators was very inexperienced and i had a hard time getting in contact with her. She did make multiple mistakes on my calendar and I wasn’t really happy with the disorganization. Since we were paying a lot and it was important to us that we feel prepared.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
She is great with people. She is patient and sometbing i really appreciated is that if the cycle didn’t work she tried her best to rectify the situation by either offering a big discount on the next cycle or offering solutions. There were times when I honestly was wondering why didn’t we try this test or that test earlier? I felt like it was a bunch of guesses as to why I wasn’t getting pregnant and then we would do some testing afterwards. The only thing I wish would have been different is just possibly trying a lot of the testing that we did a little earlier before so many negative results added up. I do love her as a doctor and felt she was fair and compassionate and did a lot to help us.
Don’t be afraid to say what you would like to see happen with your treatment or any concerns you have and be up front. She will listen and is open to suggestions.
The first cycle of treatment we used metformin. We had a very basic treatment strategy but she was treating endometriosis. It did not yield many eggs. We ended up changing the protocol for the second retrieval and it was more aggressive. It’s been so long since we first started that i honestly can’t even remember. We have done so much stuff.
It was very expensive. That’s all i know. after doing two retrieval’s and many transfers and multiple surgeries. Over 30,000.
I think that her approach is correct and i feel comfortable with it.

Tubal Blockage, Other
It’s a great clinic [Utah Fertility Center] everyone is so nice and they remember you and you feel welcomed. I bring my daughter every time and they help me and make sure that she is comfortable in the room while I proceed with the exam. The nurses who have done my baseline have been so nice and genuine when interacting with me during my appointment. Even the lab nurse who draws my blood is so nice and remembers me and is friendly to be around. I don’t have any weaknesses to point out
Tubal Blockage, Other
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
It’s a great clinic everyone is so nice and they remember you and you feel welcomed. I bring my daughter every time and they help me and make sure that she is comfortable in the room while I proceed with the exam. The nurses who have done my baseline have been so nice and genuine when interacting with me during my appointment. Even the lab nurse who draws my blood is so nice and remembers me and is friendly to be around. I don’t have any weaknesses to point out
She truly cares about you and all the emotions that I feel during this process. She listens and explains things and the steps to take next
They are so great ! They listen and explain when needed and they are so nice
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
I have loved Dr Conway ever since we starting seeing her. I was seeing a reg OBGYN and wasn’t being heard and just drove to the PG office and my husband and I were able to get in right away and it was so nice to sit down and talk to her. She explained different options to us and she made sure we understood what they were. I have had a problem with a functioning cyst and elevated estrogen levels and it’s been difficult but she has been there helping us and even has called and just chatted about my situation and how I was doing. Just today I talked to her and it was nice and reassuring when I has previous struggling with my situation
Just talk to her whenever you have any concern she listens and is right there
I had some base line tests done that showed I had a blocked ovary and low egg count and a functioning cycst . I have had quite a few baseline appt to start an IUI but with the functioning cycst and elevated estrogen we have tried different ways of getting the number down. My next step is to go in next cycle and do a baseline and if my number is under a certain limit then we are proceeding forward with the IUI
Sorry I don’t remember
This isn’t a route my husband and ainare doing right now

1 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
We got to choose exactly which embryo we transferred both times [at Utah Fertility Center] We froze all embryos, and the first batch were PGD tested. We knew the grades of each and all the genetic info of the ones tested. We told the clinic which one we wanted to use and they got it done...Overall they ate a busy clinic with a large number of patients and our can be easy to feel like a number, but if you actually take time to get to know the staff they are very warm and friendly and will remember you and your situation.
1 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Weakness: The whole clinic is hard to reach by phone. Strengths: everyone I've ever interacted with genuinely enjoys their job, cares about their patients and is compassionate. The NP's are super knowledgeable and are really great at what they do. Their ultrasound equipment is nice and provides quality images. Overall they ate a busy clinic with a large number of patients and our can be easy to feel like a number, but if you actually take time to get to know the staff they are very warm and friendly and will remember you and your situation.
Dr. Foulk always took time to answer all my questions, sometimes the same questions multiple times, either in person or on the phone. He always explained things in ways I could understand and was kind and upbeat. You can tell he loves what he does.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Danica Gilbert and Lacey Mickelsen)
Danica and Lacey are both fantastic. They are kind and compassionate and always get me the answers I need even if it means asking the doctor and then getting back to me. They are both horrible to reach by phone, but Lacey is more than prompt in replying by email and Danica is usually pretty prompt via email too. They are incredible and love what they do, they're just very busy.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Fantastic doctor. Knowledgeable and kind. Dr. Foulk did 1 IUI, 2 IVF cycles, and surgery to remove a tube and endometriosis. He always tried to accommodate my schedule and his positive outlook on my situation was helpful. He always explained treatment options in terms I could easily understand. He loves his work, and was always willing to answer my questions even when I didn't have an appointment he would chat with me on the phone. He is hard to get into, but well worth the wait.
Ask all your questions, don't hold back. If you think of more questions, let the nurses know and they will answer them or set up a time to talk with Dr. Foulk again.
We got to choose exactly which embryo we transferred both times We froze all embryos, and the first batch were PGD tested. We knew the grades of each and all the genetic info of the ones tested. We told the clinic which one we wanted to use and they got it done.
Male Factor, Other
The lobby [at Utah Fertility Center] isn’t very welcoming. At times I found the receptionist unprofessional. The lab can be unorganized and frustrating. However everyone is very friendly and caring...Lacy [nurse] has been an complete angel. She answers the phone knowing that it is me calling. Calls me back every single time. Listens to me cry and babble endlessly. I consider her a close friend...$350 for a blood work up. Around $500 for collection and freezing of sperm.
Male Factor, Other
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
There is a lot of tile in the lobby. The lobby isn’t very welcoming. At times I found the receptionist unprofessional. The lab can be unorganized and frustrating. However everyone is very friendly and caring.
Dr. Conway answered all of our questions and spent so much time doing so. She followed up with us personally and made sure we were doing okay through out our experience. She just cared.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lacy)
Lacy has been an complete angel. She answers the phone knowing that it is me calling. Calls me back every single time. Listens to me cry and babble endlessly. I consider her a close friend.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
She is a gentle person. So understanding of our pain and grief. She brought back hope to our journey. I couldn’t have asked for a better doctor to help us through our Ivf. She led us to the urologist who found my husbands cancer. She contacted us personally during the journey and made sure that the clinic took care of us during that. When I had a complaint of working with the lab she reassured me that she personally took care of it. She is so personable and talking to her is like talking with an old friend.
Make sure you have your list of questions and don’t be afraid to ask all of them.
After our first meeting with Dr. Conway she had use meet with a infertility urologist to see if a micro was needed. During that appointment we found cancer. We are taking care of that then we will do ivf with the sperm we were able to bank before treatment. We use icsi. We will do a frozen transfer.
$350 for a blood work up. Around $500 for collection and freezing of sperm. Those are all our cost so far. We are planning on about 15k for ivf
She told me it was my decision but said there was not need to do a multiple embryo transfer.

2015 - 2019
I loved being able to go to this clinic. I know others who have been to other fertility clinics in Utah and have had less than ideal situations. I never faced that at all at Utah fertility center... I remember all of our fertility treatments costing about $17,500.... But UFC was clear about what they could bill to insurance and what wasn’t upfront. I knew the coat and there weren’t too many surprises.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I loved being able to go to this clinic. I know others who have been to other fertility clinics in Utah and have had less than ideal situations. I never faced that at all at Utah fertility center and am so blessed to have gone there!
I bled off and on almost my entire first trimester, which is scary after you’ve finally gotten pregnant after so many failed attempts. Whenever I would call in panicked, they would reassure me and see me just to put my mind at ease.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center.
Just like dr Conway the nursing staff was incredibly kind and compassionate! Loved working with them!
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
I loved Dr. Conway! She was such an amazing doctor and always so willing to help get me through this less than ideal situation that my husband and I were facing. She always was so kind and patient in explaining everything and helping make this situation less scary and intimidating. I recommend her to anybody that I know who is struggling with infertility. I cried the day I ‘graduated’ from seeing her and went to my regular OB.
Nothing
I don’t remember a ton of specifics but I do remember I was on lupron. They did also suggest doing coq10 because there were studies that it was linked to better embryo quality and we had 2 perfect embryos.
I remember all of our fertility treatments costing about $17,500. As everyone knows fertility treatments are expensive and mostly not covered by insurance, which is a bummer. But UFC was clear about what they could bill to insurance and what wasn’t upfront. I knew the coat and there weren’t too many surprises. The only thing was they didn’t inform me that I would be continuing on progesterone my entire first trimester (which at 1000 every 1 or 2 weeks- I can’t remember exactly- that would have been nice to know upfront)
Pleasant Grove

The ultrasound tech [at Utah Fertility Center] was great! I learned so much from her and she did a great job...The clinic is very clean and pleasant to be in...Dr. Conway and her staff really made sure that I felt like I understood everything that was going on, and really took the time to explain the process and terminology, as well as the status of my embryos. They treated me great when I was emotional. They were always so nice and happy to see their patients. They went above and beyond to get me the medicines that I needed.
European, Latino
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic is very clean and pleasant to be in. The only concern I can think of is that it is the second closest clinic is 4 hours away, so while many patients lived close by, I did drive an hour to get there and had to work hard to make up my time at work
They were so nice!! And very helpful! They were excited to see you, and did what they could to work with insurance to make sure medications were at the lowest cost. They were great at letting me know what to expect, and they give a great detailed calendar of all dates, medication times, and will show you how to do your own shots
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway has the best bedside manner, and the kind of personality that makes you feel comfortable and that you are in the right hands. She is great at explaining the process and answered all questions I had to my satisfaction. During the procedures she explained what was going on, and when available, would point out what was going on on the monitor screens so I didn’t miss the “magical” moment when my embryo transferred. I live in Idaho, and she works primarily out of Utah, so sometimes scheduling was difficult, but for most of the appointments, her staff was more than capable of handling my situation. Also because she is out of state, they schedule all their patients for egg retrievals on the same day so she can make the trip up. I was fine with it, but if you are anxious about starting IMMEDIATELY, that might not happen if you have to wait for their next treatment cycle. I ended up driving down to Utah do my embryo transfer.
Ask a ton of questions! Don’t be afraid of how silly it may seem. Be direct in telling her your expectations and she and her staff will deliver!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Utah Fertility Center.
The ultrasound tech was great! I learned so much from her and she did a great job not only telling me what was going on, but showing m on the monitor. She also made you feel special and really celebrated with you, even though this is an everyday occurrence for her.
Price of procedure, which you can ask for an estimate ahead of time, as well as medication, which you can get an estimate from your insurance. I didn’t have to pay a copay, but bloodwork every visit and ultrasounds every visit needed payment, but with our insurance the price was super minimal
She wanted to transfer as little embryos as possible. Since I was healthy and young, and our problem was mainly male factor, she advised we do one embryo transfer, and it worked!

Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
The staff [Utah Fertility] is very friendly and welcoming and clean. The women who take your blood are absolutely amazing at doing so.... However, it was hard to reach anybody often times when I would call and would sometimes take days to hear back from someone when I left a message....The clinic had a couple of times where the medication that had to be ordered from out of state was never ordered. This resulted in me having to drive a considerable amount
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The staff is very friendly and welcoming and clean. The women who take your blood are absolutely amazing at doing so (that's so important when you're giving blood so often). However, it was hard to reach anybody often times when I would call and would sometimes take days to hear back from someone when I left a message. Although this clinic is in Murray, all procedures and certain appointments will be out in Pleasant Grove which was a drive for me and I was not made aware until after starting treatment there.
Dr.Conway is very nice and made me feel like she was listening to me when she was able to make the time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center.
The staff at Utah Fertility can be very hard to get a hold of and not always completely on the same page in your care. I was often very frustrated and confused.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr.Conway is an amazing doctor, which makes her a very busy doctor. It was hard to see her sometimes and she's often out of town. I switched to another doctor that had more time after my first round of IVF.
When doing fertility, you have to be ready for a transfer whenever your body is ready. This often time means that you are working with the whole fertility center you choose and not just one single doctor, so choose carefully.
I don't recall everything we did besides it being a medicated cycle. I know it took longer then expected for my body to be ready and we did get a positive pregnancy test. We managed to be pregnant for 10 weeks before we lost the baby.
Our first transfer with medication, egg retrieval and the actual transfer cost us $16,000.
Both doctors I've seen wanted and strongly encouraged me only doing one embryo. We did however decide to do 2 in the next round of IVF.
Murray

I would love them [Utah Fertility Center- Murray] more if they weren’t always rushing patients. I would want to know more what’s happening and what the pills or procedure will do for me. They should be more responsive on their patient portal. I almost missed a cycle waiting for their reply.... During procedures they weren’t telling me enough about what’s going on like HSG or the water ultrasound. They would just tell me come back and we will schedule you for another appointment! Please just tell me what’s happening.
South Asian, Other
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I would love them more if they weren’t always rushing patients. I would want to know more what’s happening and what the pills or procedure will do for me. They should be more responsive on their patient portal. I almost missed a cycle waiting for their reply.
It’s mostly from her team. They would just give me my calendar and not explain anything especially when I got my HSG it was painful and they were not comforting. My IUI’s (I have a tilited uterus and they wouldn’t ask for help when trying to attempt to put the catheter in)
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
I’ve only seen her once. That was only for the consultation. I understand she is a busy woman but it would be nice to have your doctor perform or explain treatment plan for that cycle. I would love to see her more often for appointments. I’m a little nervous for IVF so hopefully she will be the one explaining the process and be performing the treatment.
Come in with questions, always be communicate with her staff, and don’t be afraid to tell them anything.
My last cycle for IUI - I was taking Clomid 2.5 mg, Fermara 7.5 mg Dexamethasone, and for ovulation I toke Pregnyl.
Spent $500 for timed intercourse, spent $1000 (including medicine) for one IUI, other two IUIs were covered by insurance but probably spent $200 on medicine each cycle.

3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other, Unexplained
For the most part, the nurses and staff were really great to work with [at Utah Fertility Center]. I feel like I had a better overall experience with my nurses that were assigned to my FET cycles rather than my fresh. Occasionally, I felt like it was difficult to get in touch with the staff, and often felt like I was leaving voicemails rather than actually speaking to someone the first time I called. I do think that they organized my cycles really well, and they were good about getting medications called in in an appropriate time frame. The only complaint I think I had was sometimes, I waited longer in the waiting room, even though I had appointments, than I should have. But that's to be expected.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic is clean and organized. It's very welcoming. The baby pictures offer hope, and bring a smile to your face even when you're feeling hopeless. I live in Salt Lake City and I Loved how I could have all my blood draws and ultrasounds done at the Murray clinic (which is conveniently close to my house). This made each cycle so much easier to navigate. The amount of appointments per cycle is crazy, and it would not have worked as well if I would have had to drive to Pleasant Grove for every single one. The egg retrieval, HSG testing and embryo transfers were all done at the Pleasant Grove center. The PG clinic is very clean and I like the layout of it. Both clinics are conveniently located close to the freeway. I would always recommend going in comfy clothes when you go for your retrievals and transfers. Wear pants that are lose and comfortable because most likely, you'll go home and sleep/rest for a few days. Also, always, always, always wear socks! Warm feet= warm uterus! :) But for real, it's just better to have socks on when you're walking around the rooms in bear feet.
Dr. Gurtcheff was extremely patient and sensitive to our needs and emotions the entire time. Unexplained infertility is a very emotional and taxing diagnosis. When you don't know why it's not working; its as frustrating to the doctor as it is for the patient. Dr. Gurtcheff was genuinely upset each failed cycle. She took additional time to help us through each failed cycle, and spent hours explaining as much as possible. Even though we were not successful, I love Dr. Gurtcheff and when we are ready to try again (for a complete new cycle and egg retrieval), I would go back to her in a heartbeat. Another thing I have to mention is that she always took the time to call me directly, rather than having her nurses do it.
For the most part, the nurses and staff were really great to work with. I feel like I had a better overall experience with my nurses that were assigned to my FET cycles rather than my fresh. Occasionally, I felt like it was difficult to get in touch with the staff, and often felt like I was leaving voicemails rather than actually speaking to someone the first time I called. I do think that they organized my cycles really well, and they were good about getting medications called in in an appropriate time frame. The only complaint I think I had was sometimes, I waited longer in the waiting room, even though I had appointments, than I should have. But that's to be expected. In all honesty, 1 in 8 couples struggle with infertility, and we are in Utah, where more people are having families. I think that the clinic is extremely busy and I think they do the best they can to juggle the patient volume. I never felt like I was being ignored or like I wasn't a priority. Every patient there is there for the same reason I was; to have a baby.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
My husband and I started out seeing Dr. Peterson with the University of Utah. We had all three cycles of IUI with him. When we started into the IVF process, things got really messy and we knew that it wasn't the right fit. So we decided to do our homework. We had some good friends who had been to Utah Fertility Center, and had loved their experience. So we decided to set up a consult with Dr. Gurtcheff. Right away, we felt completely comfortable with her and even though we were taking this huge leap in the fertility world; we felt confident that we would be successful with her and she would guide us through the process each step. Dr. Gurtcheff was very confident that we would be successful. We were the "picture perfect" candidates for IVF and even though I had low egg reserve, we were sure that we would be successful on the 2nd or 3rd cycle. We started into our cycle, and I began injections, medications, daily appointments, etc. My body responded really well and I was one of the lucky ones who didn't have too many side effects from all the hormones. I did end up having to stem for an extra two days, so i did a total of 12 days of injections. Normally, I didn't see Dr. Gurtcheff for the ultrasounds (these were performed by the Nurse Practitioners or PA's). So on the day of egg retrieval, I was very excited to see our doctor again. She was very sensitive to my needs, taking the time to go over any questions we had before the retrieval. She was very kind and caring, almost nurturing in a way. This process is scary, and she helped ease our minds. The egg retrieval went really well, and we ended up with 17 follicles. Over the course of the 5 days, we ended up with 7 perfectly healthy embryos. So we felt very fortunate. We did not do PGS testing because we didn't really fit the bill. Looking back now, I wish so badly we would have. We proceeded with a 5 day fresh transfer and transferred 1 embryo. We froze the remainder. One thing I want to mention here is that I have a history of having an inadequate cervix (I had two surgeries on my cervix in the past). Dr. Gurtcheff was extremely concerned about this and took all the appropriate measures to ensure that we were handling the situation appropriately. She did not feel comfortable transferring more than 1 embryo at a time where we did not know how my cervix would hold up under pressure. I felt very confident in her expertise and knowledge, as well as comforted knowing she had my best interest in mind. The first cycle was unfortunately unsuccessful, but we had been prepared that might be the case. We didn't let us deter us, and we pressed forward. The first frozen transfer went smoothly; again, Dr. Gurtcheff was fabulous and walked us through the procedure. We chatted through the transfer like old friends. Fast forward... the second transfer also failed. We were all perplexed, but we still felt hopeful because we had 5 frozen embryos still and knew our chances continued to increase with each subsequent transfer. We proceeded with our third transfer (second FET). With hopeful hearts, we waited the 2 weeks (anyone in the fertility world knows that this is the worst 2 weeks ever and truly feels like a lifetime). The wait was finally over, we got the call and we were ecstatic to find out that we were pregnant! FINALLY pregnant! After 3 years of infertility. I can honestly say that is probably the happiest day of my life. Dr. Gurtcheff was excited for us and we started to prepare for the next step. A week later, I went in for an HCG test to make sure my levels were still rising. Unfortunately, they had not, and in fact, they had dropped. I was having a miscarriage and the pregnancy was not viable. We were crushed. Just like that, it was taken away from us. With no further answers, we directed our questions to Dr. Gurtcheff, and although she was uncertain why it hadn't worked either, she was sensitive and caring and literally spent almost an hour with me on the phone to comfort me and talk me through possible scenarios as well as new plans to move forward. Moving through the next few cycles was hard, and I was losing hope with each failed round. Dr. Gurtcheff did research and we tried new things, and new medications. We even tried a non-medicated cycle on one of them, and just used my own bodies hormones. We also transferred 2 embryos on another. Unfortunately, for some unknown reason, none of them worked. We never even became pregnant again. At this point, I had been diagnosed with repeated implantation failure. After 6 full transfers, and no successful live births, we had officially shut down and our hearts were broken. We knew we needed to take a break. Dr. Gurtcheff remained compassionate and understanding. We met for a final consult after our last failed round, and we discussed the next plan of action; another retrieval, with PGS testing this time, and a few other tests. One or two more transfers, possibly. Then, we start looking at surrogacy if needed. Statistically, couples are more likely to be successful on their 6th or subsequent transfer. We hold onto that and hold onto the hope that when we are ready to try again, we will be successful and will get our miracle baby. It has been 4 years since we started infertility treatments, and we have not been successful yet. It has been truly the hardest trial of our lives. Even though we were not successful, I can honestly say that Dr. Gurtcheff made the process easier. Infertility is not an easy subject, and I'm sure that going into the profession is not an easy choice. Watching couples be successful is the most rewarding part of their job. But when couples aren't successful, it also negatively affects them, and I believe that Dr. Gurtcheff was sincerely disheartened every time we got a negative result. She felt the emotions with us. We have since taken 7 months off, and we are focusing on other things right now. But when we are ready to try again, we will be returning to Utah Fertility Center and we will see Dr. Gurtcheff. We have invested a lot of money and time, and emotions into this trial, and coming up empty handed has been extremely hard. But we are strong-willed, and are not ready to give up the fight yet.
Make sure you have all the questions you want answered at the time of your consult. Also, inquire about resources; i.e. therapy, help groups, etc. My husband and I didn't really look into these options in the beginning and they would have been very useful throughout the process. I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in the consult, but perhaps it should have been a bigger part of the conversation. Infertility is very taxing on a couple and a marriage.
I sort of already discussed our cycles in detail but some of the specifics I can remember that we did differently: 1) not transferring more than 1 embryo at a time (with the exception of one cycle and only after consulting with my high risk doctor). 2) 5 medicated cycles, and 1 natural cycle 3) Repeated testing (I did 2 HSG tests. Which btw are the WORST). But, when I had my first, i was with a different doctor and they did not put me under and I almost passed out from the pain. When Dr. Gurtcheff did it the second time, she was shocked to learn that they hadn't put me to sleep. We did this the second time and it was a much more pleasant experience. Again, a reason why Dr. Gurtcheff is amazing. 4) We tried a new medication called Neupogen due to repeated implantation failure. 5) We did not do PGS testing on our embryos. We plan to do that when we do our next full cycle.
OH boy.. how can I forget the absorbent costs associated with infertility treatments. hah. From beginning to end, with four years of infertility treatments, we have spent close to 30,000 dollars on TTC. Between medications, IUI, additional testing and actual IVF. Unfortunately, neither of our organizations that we work for, nor do our insurance companies, help with infertility expenses. It's always been a very troubling concept to me. They say where it's elective, it's not covered. But I can vouch for every single woman who struggles to have a child naturally, that being infertile is NOT elective. No one chooses to be diagnosed with infertility. Yes, the process of moving forward with infertility treatment is a choice; but only after couples have exhausted all other options. As women, we are physiologically designed to conceive and carry babies. When that piece of you is broken, it's an internal struggle every day to really believe that something is wrong with you. I wish more insurance companies would consider this. IVF is expensive. But how can you put a price on true happiness; how can you put a price on a child of your own.
We chose to do ICSI and had great results. We got 7 embryos that all made it to the full blastocyst stage and thawed beautifully each time. We did not grade them. But they always looked beautiful under the microscope. Obviously, there is no way to truly know without doing PGS testing.
Pleasant Grove

I paid $800 per clomid cycle plus the cost of medication. ... They were all so kind! ... The clinic [UFC] itself is super modern and cute which is nice. The entire team is super helpful and empathetic. My only real problem was that no one was upfront with me about the cost. When I called to understand their coding, the lady told me, “That’s just how we do it and won’t change it.” It was pretty frustrating to get a large bill that we weren’t expecting just because they coded things differently. I
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic itself is super modern and cute which is nice. The entire team is super helpful and empathetic. My only real problem was that no one was upfront with me about the cost. When I called to understand their coding, the lady told me, “That’s just how we do it and won’t change it.” It was pretty frustrating to get a large bill that we weren’t expecting just because they coded things differently. I also did struggle with them not addressing my hormonal issue that is now fixed with medication (which I found out through my OB). Other than that, everyone is great!
I loved doctor Conway as a person. She was so kind and empathetic. However, I had a few hormonal problems and a possible blocked tube on my HSG (which through a lap we found is completely blocked) that should have been treated before starting clomid. I felt like I was just another patient doing the typical TI route with zero regards to my hormones and blocked tube.
They were all so kind! I was once stuck on the side of the road on my way to an appointment and called, and they were super understanding and fit me in later during the day.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
I met with doctor Conway only once during the initial consultation which I honestly felt fine with. She was so beyond empathetic in the consultation. When she called to give us the results of our diagnostic work-up, she was clear about the results and was kind when officially diagnosing us with unexplained infertility. She clearly laid out the next steps for us and said to call whenever.
If you’re in the Idaho Falls office not doing IVF, you might not see her super often which honestly wasn’t a big deal for us.
I came in for an ultrasound on day 3, took clomid days 3-7, ultrasound again on day 12, was instructed exactly when to have sex, and then took the trigger shot on day 14. I then took progesterone vaginally. I also had a thin lining one time and was instructed when to take estrogen vaginally before doing the trigger.
I paid $800 per clomid cycle plus the cost of medication.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Unexplained
The nurses at UFC are wonderful! They always return calls in a prompt manner and are very supportive and compassionate. I’ve felt like they are close friends rather than nurses to me. They always explain everything pertaining to my care and make me feel like a priority.... They are compassionate and very knowledgeable. They are supportive and make you feel like a priority. Usually you have to make an appointment in advance since they are in high demand, but I only had to wait two weeks for my first appointment after scheduling. This clinic is amazing and have been by my side since day one.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
UFC is a great clinic! They have a high success rate and are so wonderful to work with. They are compassionate and very knowledgeable. They are supportive and make you feel like a priority. Usually you have to make an appointment in advance since they are in high demand, but I only had to wait two weeks for my first appointment after scheduling. This clinic is amazing and have been by my side since day one. We’re now 3 years and one loss into our journey, and they haven’t given up on us.
Dr. Conway and her nurses always treated us like a human and friend, not just a number. They took the time to hug me when things didn’t work out or hold my hand during tests when I was nervous. After our baby girl was stillborn, they sent us cards and condolences. They’ve vowed to fight with us until we bring our rainbow baby home.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shelby )
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway is kind and compassionate. She is very knowledgeable and covered all of our bases. She explains everything in detail so we can make informed decisions. She’s been so supportive since our loss and we love having someone on our team that is willing to work so hard to help us complete our family and beat infertility.
She’s a wonderful doctor and you will love having her on your side through this journey. Make an appointment as soon as possible since her schedule fills up quickly.
We started with several tests to see if myself or my husband had an underlying condition. When those came back negative, we moved forward with monitoring and a round of clomid with an injection. We needed up ovulating without the trigger shot and got pregnant with a baby girl! I carried her to 34 weeks, but unfortunately had a placental abruption and our baby was stillborn. Dr. Conway performed more testing and exploratory surgery a year and a half later. Currently we are working with Dr. Conway doing more testing and looking at our options of using a gestational carrier.
We paid less than $500 out of pocket for our Clomid cycle with Dr. Conway. This included testing, monitoring, semen analysis, medications and injections. Our insurance covered several things that we weren’t expecting.
Dr. Conway has advised us to only transfer one embryo if we were to use IVF treatment, because of my risk of placental abruption. It would be safer to have s Singleton than multiples for my health and our baby.
Pleasant Grove

They’d [Utah Fertility Center] are all kind and seem to make each patient a priority. I never ever felt like a number. And every question I’ve had was always answered timely and thoroughly. They are always working hard and seem to be very happy and focused while being kind to patients and each other. They are well organized too. ... Chelsea always made the time for each patient and made them feel important. ... She is positive and helpful and on the ball. Very organized.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They’d are all kind and seem to make each patient a priority. I never ever felt like a number. And every question I’ve had was always answered timely and thoroughly. They are always working hard and seem to be very happy and focused while being kind to patients and each other. They are well organized too.
They all knew my name and the nurse though busy, was reliable about returning calls. Sometimes it was later (6pm) but she would call! The office seemed to care and be working hard for their patients. I was never rushed around. They have always sought to find answers for me, whether quick questions about a drug or Dr. Foulk taking the time to really answer something thoughtfully and knowledgeably.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Chelsea)
Chelsea always made the time for each patient and made them feel important. Several times I met with Dr. Foulk and he set forward a plan and Chelsea was ready at the moment to enact it. She is positive and helpful and on the ball. Very organized.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He is patient and understanding. He explains thing very clearly and doesn’t drone on. He is calm and doesn’t give false hope, but gave more like an action plan of “this is how we’re going to attack this problem.” He did each procedure for me, taking the time to do it right and was very skilled as well. He is an expert and quite knowledgeable without being condescending. I felt like I could ask alll of my questions and not be rushed or made to feel silly.
Endure and be patient with the process. . I have flown across states to see him and it is worth the time and effort !
We only did an FET with Dr. Foulk (x2) but he was the only doctor I had positive pregnancy tests with (he is the third doctor I saw).
I don’t remember exactly but an FET including medications was about $4000.
Pleasant Grove

They [Utah Fertility Center] have extended hours which means if I can book my appointment far enough in advance then I can schedule an early or late appointment and not miss any work. ... It’s typically not too difficult to schedule appointments over the phone and only rarely have I not reached someone when calling the front desk. ... The front desk staff have always been personable.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They have extended hours which means if I can book my appointment far enough in advance then I can schedule an early or late appointment and not miss any work. The front desk staff have always been personable. It’s typically not too difficult to schedule appointments over the phone and only rarely have I not reached someone when calling the front desk. It has also always been easy to pay my balance, however t does sometimes take a while for the bill to be posted.
I have always been reminded that this is my journey and my body and as such I control that journey and what we do and do not do. I have stage 4 endometriosis and my doctor is the one that performed the surgery to remove some large cysts and make the diagnosis of endometriosis and she has always been upfront about what that meant for us and how we move forward with fertility treatments.
They have always been incredibly nice and helpful when I have been in the office. They have been more difficult to communicate with while I have been away from the office. They aren’t especially quick to return calls when I have had questions. With that being said, now that we are doing ivf we have been assigned a nurse/coordinator who has been incredibly easy to talk to and coordinate with and she is always quick to return phone calls.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr Gurtcheff has always been happy to talk through any questions I’ve had and explain any of the treatments we were moving forward with. She has been clear in communicating our next steps when previous treatments didn’t work. When simply taking clomid and timing intercourse didn’t work after the third try she suggested we move to the next step trying an IUI so we didn’t waste our money on something we felt fairly confidently wouldn’t work. She has been patient with our hesitations and been willing to go with our plan and desires when they did not match her suggestions, but has been clear about what we can expect if we adjust our plan and try something new. After 3 failed IUI attempts she suggested that we move on to ivf with the better odds for those in our situation, but was very patient when we waited for 6 months taking a break and deciding what we wanted to do. When we did decide to move forward with ivf after another bad summer of cysts and growing endometriosis she was quick to adjust the plan to accommodate the growing severity of my endometriosis and suggested a specialist who could perform surgery this time to remove my cysts while preserving and keeping my right ovary, and was involved at each step (minus the actual surgery). While we are just now starting the actual process of our first round of ivf I feel confidently that Dr Gurtcheff will continue to support and treat me to the best of her ability, with her best plan for my own situation.
Come prepared with questions and don’t hesitate in asking anything. She’s so happy to answer questions, but can’t predict all of them. And there are no stupid questions, ever.
In my first three months of treatments I started with a baseline appointment and then took clomid for 5 days, had another ultrasound to check the stimulation of my follicles. When the timing was right following that second ultrasound I would give myself the hcg trigger shot and then my husband and I would have sex 12 and 24 hours after the shot. I then took progesterone suppositories until my blood test to confirm if I was pregnant or not. The following treatment was the same except that rather than my husband and I having sex we did the interuterine insemination, but the timing and medication was the same. I then had my first laparoscopic surgery to diagnose and clean up my endometriosis. Following the surgery we did two more rounds of the IUI but used femara instead of clomid as it is supposed to be better for women with endometriosis. None of the treatments were successful so we took a break over the summer while we were doing some traveling, and to give my body some rest. We will be doing our first round of ivf in a month.
The Cycle of clomid, with a trigger shot, and times intercourse, we paid around $300 a month. Each IUI cycle cost $1000.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
This [Utah Fertility Center-Pleasant Grove] is an extremely high volume, busy Clinic. As with many doctor offices, expect to have long wait times in the waiting room, but for the most part, the office did well responding to calls and emails with questions.... I dont remember the Dr talking to us about eSET specifically but I do remember her nurse calling to ask us how many embryos we wanted transferred. I was annoyed that this wasn't discussed with the doctor when the nurse told me that they recommend only one embryo be transferred. She, the nurse, vaguely reviewed why the doctor recommended only one Embryo transfer because we had all of our embryos not only graded, but biopsied
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
This is an extremely high volume, busy Clinic. As with many doctor offices, expect to have long wait times in the waiting room, but for the most part, the office did well responding to calls and emails with questions.
It's been many years I've undergone fertility treatments. There was one time I almost switched doctors because I felt the clinic staff was not getting back to me and I didn't know what the next step was and Conway didn't seem to have answers for me. Even so, I stuck with it and became persistent and am glad I stayed with Conway
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Amberlie)
Honestly, and this was only my experience, I did not like or get along with my nurse coordinator. There was a time that I asked if there was someone different I could work with, and there wasn't I would have to change doctors. I continued to work with this nurse coordinator even though our personalities did not mesh
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
I could tell Dr Conway had the knowledge and background experience but there were still times during the course of multiple treatments that I felt confused about treatment and didn't have answers. This may have been bc she flat out didn't have answers for me or as a patient, I didn't understand. I work in the health field and know that patients hear what they want to hear at times
Not to give up if you don't get the results you want. And if you do and IVF and it fails, absolutely ask about the ERA biopsy. It was a game-changer for us
We had 2 unsuccessful frozen transfers and then the Dr told us about the ERA biopsy. It's not very well known or studied so it was definitely a risk but to us, it was well worth it. This changed the window of implantation which resulted in my first positive pregnancy test, which I miscarried. We tried one last time with our last embryo and it has resulted in a successful pregnancy. I also appreciated that since we moved from AZ and transferred records from a different fertility doctor, she reviewed those records and saw we had already done multiple IUIs. We discussed the possibility of doing a few more IUIs and after a lot of discussion and reviewing medical studies, I was glad that she didn't have us waste any more time or money on IUIs
I was a unique case and was part of a drug study for the egg retrieval so I didn't have any cost associated with that part. The cost of subsequent transfers, meds, ultrasounds and visits added to be around $4500 each cycle
I dont remember the Dr talking to us about eSET specifically but I do remember her nurse calling to ask us how many embryos we wanted transferred. I was annoyed that this wasn't discussed with the doctor when the nurse told me that they recommend only one embryo be transferred. She, the nurse, vaguely reviewed why the doctor recommended only one Embryo transfer because we had all of our embryos not only graded, but biopsied. The first two transfers we did only transfer one embryo with no success, but the next two we transferred multiple and in our case this was the best option for success. I still have not had a pregnancy with multiples

2012 - 2018
She [nurse at Utah Fertility Center] does an ok job, but is sometimes slow to get back to me. She doesn't always know what is going on with my cycle and is a little too clinical for me. She is nice enough, but not my favorite...I was given incorrect information after my HCG blood test. The first test came back low, so I knew the outcome might not be good. I had a repeat test done and the wrong number was written on my chart (or the doctor read it wrong) and the coordinator called me to say it was going up and things were looking good. The doctor called me later that night to correct the mistake and tell me that my numbers were not as high as first reported and that I would likely still miscarry.
2012 - 2018
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I like that the clinic is small, but they have several locations so I can always get in to be seen in a timely manner. The billing department seems a bit unorganized. I like that I can communicate easily with my doctor. I like that my doctor has done all my procedures.
Dr. Gurtcheff is kind and compassionate. She seems genuinely invested in helping me see a good outcome. She is easy to meet with, available at several locations and over the phone or via email. She listens and is honest about the probability of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Mallory Oliverson)
She does an ok job, but is sometimes slow to get back to me. She doesn't always know what is going on with my cycle and is a little too clinical for me. She is nice enough, but not my favorite.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
I was first a patient of Dr. Gurtcheff's in 2012 after trying to get pregnant for over a year. I was seeing her in Pleasant Grove and then saw her in Murray when they opened their location there. I did 3 rounds of Clomid and two IUIs with injectables and was not able to get pregnant. When she recommended we move on to IVF, we moved to MA and continued our care there, under Dr. Zimon. I resumed my care with Dr Gurtcheff when we wanted to try for another pregnancy with our frozen embryos. We moved our embryos from Boston to UT. I lost both of those embryos, so now we are pursuing donated embryos in hopes of a successful pregnancy.
Stay up to date on current research, ask all your questions.
I did 3 rounds of Clomid in 2012. I always responded to meds and had 1-2 mature follicles, but no pregnancy. I did 2 IUI cycles with her as well, both with injectable meds. My husband has good sperm counts, but neither IUI was successful. My AMH was low and dropping, so it was recommended we move on to IVF, which we did (but with another clinic and doctor out of state). For my FET cycles, I took estradiol valerate to prep for FET and PIO to help support pregnancy. My first transfer had a positive pregnancy test, but HCG levels were low and never went up appropriately. I had an early miscarriage after verifying via ultrasound no viable pregnancy. Dr. Gurtcheff did a full round of bloodwork to check for factors that could cause repeat pregnancy loss (nothing found) and I had an endometrial biopsy done. My second FET was similar to the first and resulted in a successful pregnancy until 13 weeks when I developed a SCH that caused me to miscarry. She was supportive of us trying IVF with our own eggs again, but my insurance denied coverage due to high FSH levels, so we are pursuing donated embryos at this time.
FET was $2900.
Murray

The IUI procedure and sperm wash [at Utah Fertility Center] was roughly $900. Blood work was billed to my insurance. Dr. Conway waived the consultation fee...was quick to get into, the staff is incredibly friendly, and the pricing is very comparative to the other fertility clinics in the area. Staff move around from the different clinics often, so you will see new faces...Dr. Conway sincerely listened to our concerns and questions. She created a fertility plan that reflected our wants and needs rather than just creating a generic plan. Due to our age and male factor infertility, we wanted
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Utah Fertility Clinic was quick to get into, the staff is incredibly friendly, and the pricing is very comparative to the other fertility clinics in the area. Staff move around from the different clinics often, so you will see new faces.
Dr. Conway sincerely listened to our concerns and questions. She created a fertility plan that reflected our wants and needs rather than just creating a generic plan. Due to our age and male factor infertility, we wanted to get aggressive quickly. Dr. Conway created a plan we are in the middle of and happy about. Also has been easy to reach and personable.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway was incredibly helpful in our fertility planning. We came to her with a bunch of questions as well as an idea of what we wanted to do for our fertility plan. Dr. Conway created a fertility plan that checked all our boxes and progresses quickly (per our direction). We did two IUI's - one with mild medication (resulting in chemical pregnancy) and a second IUI with more aggressive medication (negative pregnancy test). We have since started our planning for IVF in January 2019. Dr. Conway has answered every single question (no matter how ridiculous) quickly and has been compassionate and kind.
Be honest with yourself and your doctor about how aggressive you would like to go and how quickly you'd like to get aggressive. Don't default into a fertility plan that isn't customized to you.
Dr. Conway began me on 10mg of Letrozole for both my 1st and 2nd IUI procedures. The second procedure also included two shots of medication and then my HCG shot. Also put both myself and husband on vitamins.
The IUI procedure and sperm wash was roughly $900. Blood work was billed to my insurance. Dr. Conway waived the consultation fee.

PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
She [nurse at Utah Fertility Center] answers questions via email and has given me great support...IUI was $875 plus lab work which i dont know yet. Medications were $420...Clinic is clean and nicely decorated. It has a really welcoming feel. Everyone is friendly and look to be happy to be at work. They donated a full ivf grant to a local charity this year which is super generous. Rooms are inviting and bright. I never have to wait very long which I greatly appreciate.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
He spent a lot of time explaining to us what was wrong and how we go about fixing it. He gave us statistics. He kept us hopeful but was realistic at the same time. He didnt use medical speak and explained everything so anyone would understand. He met with us numerous times along our journey and even came in on a Sunday to do a consultation since he was booked out really far and we didnt want to delay our IUI cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Danica (coordinator))
When I was going through some cycle issues before my first surgery I had the same nurse and saw her almost every other day for 2 weeks. She was on top of my care and treatment and fit me in when needed. She was awesome. I have had numerous nurses since then which has been fine. I dont need the same nurse to do each ultrasound or bloodwork. They follow up by the end of the day and are great. Danica is the coordinator and has been wonderful. She answers questions via email and has given me great support.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He really is worth the wait to see him. There is a reason he is hard to get into, he is just that great. He has made this process so much better from previous doctors. He found our main problem that was never addressed and worked to fix it he is thorough and there when he needs to be. He doesnt need to be at every ultrasound or blood work. I have had a lot of ultrasounds. He is there for the important meetings and reviews every appointment the same day even when he is out of town and on weekends. I fully trust in him and the plan he has put us on. That is something I have never been able to say before.
Trust in his plan and dont be afraid to ask questions. He is worth the wait to get into.
I started with an HSG test which found lots (50+) polyps and possible blocked tube. I did a saline ultrasound to confirm and get lining measured. I had my first surgery in May 2018. I took birth control before surgery and he adjusted my thyroid medication and added 2000 mg of metformin a day prior to surgery. Went in for another ultrasound after surgery about a month later and he found scar tissue and a couple more polyps. Scar tissue since my surgery was so drastic. Scheduled another surgery which was in August. After surgery I was put on a zpack and estradiol. Started ovaboost at the same time. My husband and I both added fish oil and COQ10. After 21 days of estrodiol started 10 days of progesterone to get to cycle day 1 of iui. IUI is with 5 days of clomid and injectables. Monitoring throughout and trigger shot cd16. Then progesterone suppositories at night and hopefully a BFP at the end. Fingers crossed since we are in the middle of this cycle. If it doesnt work we will jump into the next cycle back to back to avoid more polyps from growing. After 3 we will reassess if they dont work. Each cycle has a 20 percent chance of working.
My insurance covered diagnostic so they covered 90 percent of ultrasounds and my surgeries. I dont have a deductible. My first surgery was in a hospital and total out of pocket was $1,400. Each water ultrasound was $75 and the HSG was $100. Second surgery was $400 cash for the anesthesia (in office and he doesnt do insurance) the procedure was on insurance and I paid $275 out of pocket. IUI was $875 plus lab work which i dont know yet. Medications were $420. Overall this year I have spent $4000 so far.

2 IUI, 2 IVF, Surrogacy
My care coordinator [at Utah Fertility Center] was friendly enough but I felt she lacked compassion and understanding for my situation. I had scheduled a transfer and then ended up having polyps they found during a water ultrasound and needed to have them removed before transfer and so we had to reschedule the transfer. We requested to wait until the beginning of the year so we could use the polyp removal toward the new insurance deductible. When we called to reschedule she informed me that this is the only time they will let me reschedule
European, Other
2 IUI, 2 IVF, Surrogacy
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
This clinic was really good about telling you your schedule and calling with results of labs same day. They didn't make you feel rushed and allowed you to ask any question. I use the Idaho falls clinic but have had to travel to their Utah clinic for polyp removal and transfer. The Idaho falls clinic does do transfers but only 2-3 times a year. The waiting room in the Utah clinic I remember being really cold but they were in the midst of remodeling so the time and such were not set up like they probably typically would be.
I really like Dr Conway and she was great at discussing options and being understanding of my circumstances and past experiences. She never made me feel rushed in appts and was good at explaining. Her PA Stephanie at her Idaho Falls clinic did rub me wrong a few times in how she handled certain things that came up during my treatment.
My care coordinator was friendly enough but I felt she lacked compassion and understanding for my situation. I had scheduled a transfer and then ended up having polyps they found during a water ultrasound and needed to have them removed before transfer and so we had to reschedule the transfer. We requested to wait until the beginning of the year so we could use the polyp removal toward the new insurance deductible. When we called to reschedule she informed me that this is the only time they will let me reschedule and if I try to reschedule again they won't allow it. It made me upset because I didn't want to have polyps and have them removed but it wasn't because of a scheduling issue I was rescheduling it was a medical reason. I hadn't ever rescheduled before either so it really frustrated me. She was friendly enough but I felt she lacked compassion for those dealing with infertility. I was really anxious because of my previous losses and at my pregnancy u/s I could tell she thought I was over anxious. I feel like since then when I've seen her she had gained a greater compassion and understanding for infertility. She was more kind and considerate of my feelings.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr Conway was very kind and the first visit she was compassionate about my past losses and infertility journey. I loved that she was open to trying different things for after my transfer as I had had 3 previous transfers that all resulted in miscarriage and so I wanted to do something different and she came up with a plan and thought outside the box and ran additional testing. Because of her recommendations on doing something different I was able to carry my baby past the other pregnancies that lasted only until 7/8 weeks.
Don't wait to schedule she's an amazing doctor.
A month before FET they had me start estradiol valerate 0.15 in evening, I did this twice Week, had Labs and u/s to check lining 2 times before the actual transfer. The week of transfer they have you start progesterone in oil 1mg every morning and progesterone suppository at night. 5 days before transfer they have your take z pack and 4 days before transfer you take medrol 2x a day. The day off transfer I started lovenix shots because in my previous transfers I had started clotting and bleeding at about 7 weeks pregnant so we tried this to help prevent that from happening. After the transfer all meds except the estradiol and progesterone were stopped. Before transfer she also had me on bromocriptine because my prolactin levels were high. All of these things resulted in a pregnancy and I was able to make it past the 7/8 week window where in the past transfer I had miscarried.
Shipping of our embryos to clinic $207.40 Emb storage $500 (per year for years 1-4 and @ year 5 it increases to $750/yr) FET $2700 (meds & blood work are not included) $450 water ultrasound $230 for each OB ultrasound (had 2) $2,420 for biopsy and refreeze of embryo for genetic testing $600 about door meds

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
This clinic [Utah Fertility Center- Pleasant Grove] has great doctors who are knowledgeable and stay updated in the field of fertility. I think that overall, the clinic is professional and organized. My wait time to get in for a consultation was about three weeks, which I feel like was good compared to other clinics. I felt like they were good at returning phone calls whenever I would leave a message to get a hold of someone or to ask a question. I think the only weakness is that their self-pay prices seem astronomical especially when most insurances in Utah do not have fertility coverage. However, this clinic is involved in helping non-profit organizations in Utah fund grants for fertility treatment.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
This clinic has great doctors who are knowledgeable and stay updated in the field of fertility. I think that overall, the clinic is professional and organized. My wait time to get in for a consultation was about three weeks, which I feel like was good compared to other clinics. I felt like they were good at returning phone calls whenever I would leave a message to get a hold of someone or to ask a question. I think the only weakness is that their self-pay prices seem astronomical especially when most insurances in Utah do not have fertility coverage. However, this clinic is involved in helping non-profit organizations in Utah fund grants for fertility treatment.
Dr. Conway was very knowledgeable and took the time to follow up and meet after a protocol did not go as we wanted. When I had both miscarriages, she wanted to meet with us to discuss and explain what changes we could make to our protocol. She is kind, warm, and empathic. She even called me on her personal cell phone over the weekend to let me know what my options were for my second IUI, after having a chemical pregnancy with my first IUI.
Sometimes I left the clinic without a clear explanation on how to get my medication or what the next step would be. There were times when I felt rushed in the transvaginal ultrasound appointments to check the growth of the follicles in my IUI cycles.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway is very knowledgeable and presented information about PCOS in a clear and concise way in our appointments. She answered any questions we had at every step of the way. When my second IUI did not go as planned (they missed my ovulation) she called me over the weekend to give me my options of moving forward. I had two miscarriages and after every time, she met with me to discuss possible reasons for the miscarriage and what changes we could make to my protocol.
Be prepared with questions at every appointment with her since you will most likely be meeting with the nurses during the cycle to do the ultrasounds, IUI, etc.
I did one cycle of Femara and timed intercourse. Since I had done two previous cycles of timed intercourse with my OB, when that cycle didn't work out we moved on to IUI. For my first IUI cycle, I did not respond to Femara at all after five days so I took Clomid for five days. I still did not respond so I took Clomid again for another five days. At that point I had one dominant follicle so I administered my trigger shot and went in the next day for the IUI. That IUI resulted in a chemical pregnancy. For my second IUI I used Clomid again for five days and then did three days of the shot. I had traveled out of town for a few days that week and then came back. They measured my dominant follicle at 14mm when I returned from my appointment. I was instructed to administer the shot twice to stimulate the growth of the follicle. When I went in for my appointment two days later, we had missed the ovulation. Dr. Conway called me that day (it was a Saturday) and told me that we could either do timed intercourse or proceed with the IUI since I may have just ovulated that day. I went with the IUI anyway and that resulted in a negative pregnancy test. For my third IUI, I took five days of Clomid and we increased the dosage of the shot and I administered that for three days. When I went in for my follicle checkup , I was ready to trigger and schedule my IUI. After the two week wait, my results were positive. At seven weeks we heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time. Then the next day I started to bleed heavy and when I went in for my appointment the next week, I had miscarried already.
Over the past year I have had fertility coverage through my insurance. However, I am no longer at that place of employment so moving forward, I will have private insurance with no fertility coverage. With insurance coverage, my IUI cost around $200 for each cycle. Semen analysis for my husband was also covered and most of the ultrasounds and bloodwork were covered. Medications for IUI including trigger shots cost around $250.
Pleasant Grove

The clinic [Utah Fertility Center- Pleasant Grove] was very fast at getting me checked in and also seeing a doctor. Waiting area was very clean and welcoming. I had to take my daughter with me to one of my appointments and everyone was very helpful with her and acted like she was not an inconvenience.... My treatment was put together with input from my other medical doctors. After having my first daughter, I suffered a pulmonary embolism. I am prone to blood clots and that is high risk with high levels of hormones. I am taking an estrogen blocker as well as heparin. Then after the egg retrieval I will take lovinox injections to lower the risk of blood clots.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic was very fast at getting me checked in and also seeing a doctor. Waiting area was very clean and welcoming. I had to take my daughter with me to one of my appointments and everyone was very helpful with her and acted like she was not an inconvenience.
Before meeting Dr G I had talked with another Fertility Dr. He made me feel like I wasn't a good candidate. From the moment I met Dr G she was very caring and made every effort to make me feel comfortable.
Nursing staff made me feel very comfortable with every visit, Whether we were meeting for blood work or ultrasound, they were very professional and caring.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
I was referred to Dr G from my OB/GYN. I trust my OB with my life (She literally saved mine) so I felt very comfortable from the first time meeting her. She had done her research on my particular situation before meeting with me and I could tell that she was interested in lowering all potential risks from my blood issue. She was willing to get all my medical doctors involved to come up with the best plan for me to be successful. I felt like she was going above and beyond for my care and she did it without hesitation. Her genuine care and concern is just one of her best qualities.
Go into your initial appointment with an open mind and heart. That way you will be able to hear and see that she has a genuine love for her job and helping people.
The treatment cost was an IVF cycle With Gestational Carrier
I had already decided that only one embryo would be transferred at a time prior to meeting.

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
I love that Utah Fertility Clinic is involved in helping clients find the best financial solutions to help them afford their fertility treatments. They have a great patient portal that displays your diagnostic results, treatment plan, and bills which is user friendly. They are kind and friendly.... $8,300 for one round of IVF to the clinic and they estimate $3-8,000 for medications/anesthesia/blood work. They offer incentives if you use the Attain IVF program for paying for multiple cycles.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Dr. Foulk is understanding about your personal experience with infertility and relates to the desire the couple has to become parents. He remembers your name and takes time to learn about you as a person and not just your medical history.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Megan)
The nursing staff are prompt at returning my phone calls and emails. They seem highly educated on any question I ask. I am always impressed by their friendliness.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
I was so nervous as we went for our first appointment with Dr. Foulk. He was the third doctor I had seen over the years that I had been trying to conceive. I had sent in my medical records before our appointment and when we arrived I learned that he had taken the time to study our case before we came. We didn’t have to re-focus on all the sad details of our fertility journey so far. Since he had already done his research we were able to spend our first appointment discussing the plans moving into the future. He was very candid about our prognosis and explained all the details the very best. He was so understanding and kind. He made us feel very comfortable.
Send all of your medical records in beforehand so that all parties are ready to discuss treatment options.
Dr. Foulk was able to thoroughly describe the effects my severe endometriosis has had on my reproductive system. He knew that my Fallopian tubes were unable to carry an egg into my uterus and that IVF will be the only way for pregnancy to occur. He has been so good and thorough at explaining the IVF treatment schedule.
Pleasant Grove

St. George is a satellite office [of Utah Fertility Center] so I’m not sure how the rest of it runs but I was always out early, they were able to accommodate my crazy schedule so as for the satellite I don’t see any weaknesses other then never seeing the dr.... Al of my care was facilitated through nursing staff. I worked with Megan and two other nurses. They were great. They listened to my concerns, responded promptly, were kind and compassionate and adjusted protocol as needed
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
St. George is a satellite office so I’m not sure how the rest of it runs but I was always out early, they were able to accommodate my crazy schedule so as for the satellite I don’t see any weaknesses other then never seeing the dr.
Dr. Foulk was the nicest Dr. I’ve encountered over our 5 years of dealing with infertility. He spoke to us like he knew us, he showed genuine concern about the cost of treatment and our best interests.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Megan )
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
I only saw Dr. Foulk once. St George is a satellite office and he works at many different locations. We were extremely happy with our experience with him. He is so nice, he treated us with compassion and listened to our concerns around price. We were there to establish care for embryo donation and he gave us other options that, all though didn’t work, we felt good about trying. He’s a genuinely nice person and I am so thankful I was able to be his patient. I know that may sound weird but after cycling through multiple doctors it was nice to have a doctor speak to me like I knew what I was talking about and not look at me like a cash symbol. He agreed timed intercourse would be a good choice since we were traveling from Vegas to Utah for all appointments, he wanted to help us save time and money while trying to help us get pregnant.
He is a busy man and depending on where you go you probably won’t see him at appointments
We initially wanted to move straight to donor embryos but he wanted to know why we weren’t dying with my eggs. We talked it out and agreed that I had a shot, i’d Gotten pregnant twice on clomid so he didn’t see why we couldn’t try again. Our concern was prove so we went with TI instead of IUI. We ended up doing letrozole and gonal-f with trigger and compounded progesterone suppositories, since I have PCOS getting me to ovulate should have done the trick. I responded slowly even with gonal f so the second round we did more gonal f and more letrozole, still responded slowly but my protocol was adjusted throughout the cycles to add more doses or higher doses.
It’s $525 for monitoring, no additional charge for injectable monitoring. We didn’t do IUI but that was an addition $250 (it could be $225-$275 but I think it was $250) I got my progesterone from a compound pharmacy in st. George and it was $42 for 30. I had to have blood work done for a cyst and it was done at a hospital near by for $75.

3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
The staff is amazing which is why I chose UFC. I had gone to and researched other clinics none of them made me feel as welcomed as UFC. ... Certain doctors do have a longer wait list then others. You have to do a consultation prior to viewing their donor list. You are given a quote on different procedures available and an idea of what other procedures may arise and costs associated. My coordinator has been excellent and very responsive with all my questions. The nurse at transfer was extremely sweet and made me feel 100% comfortable in a not so comfortable setting.
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Certain doctors do have a longer wait list then others. You have to do a consultation prior to viewing their donor list. You are given a quote on different procedures available and an idea of what other procedures may arise and costs associated. This helped me with a ballpark figure of how much it would cost for a FET cycle.
Dr Parker was very sincere during our consultation, FET transfer and after the transfer failed. He provided next step guidance and recommendations we may want to consider. He is very caring and apologized that the first transfer didn’t work.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shelbi )
My coordinator has been excellent and very responsive with all my questions. The nurse at transfer was extremely sweet and made me feel 100% comfortable in a not so comfortable setting. The staff is amazing which is why I chose UFC. I had gone to and researched other clinics none of them made me feel as welcomed as UFC.
How was your experience with Jason Parker at Utah Fertility Center?
I have only good Things to say about this doctor. I have only known him a short time and met with him once in person since I do live in California. However, the times I have spoken with him, he’s been extremely thorough and went over everything he did during the transfer as well as options for me to think about for my next transfer.
That he is kind and sincere and since the whole infertility process is an emotional one, you want compassion from you dr and want to know they are doing what they can to get you pregnant.
I was prescribed estrace twice a day for my cycle. The amount did not increase my lining as much as he wanted so my dose was increased during the cycle. I was provided a calendar to follow and was given dates to do my ultrasounds bloodwork. When to start birth control, when to stop, when to stop intense activities, how often I needed to take baby aspirin, when to started progesterone injections and how much, when to begin taking progesterone suppositories. Date of transfer etc. I was also contacted with my results following all labs an next steps prior to transfer and what to expect.
22K but I am still in the process
Describe Jason Parker's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Utah Fertility Center.
NA it was my choice to transfer one
Pleasant Grove

I have had some excellent NP’s [at Utah Fertility Center- Pleasant Grove] that I feel have really taken their time to help me. When I call in I have a really hard time getting a hold of anyone. I am sure they are busy but sometimes it’s hard when you need to talk to someone. They have been nice.... 525 for timed intercourses 875 for IUI... They are good at getting you in when you need to get in. They will work around your schedule. The lab services have always been very kind. I just wish sometimes I could get someone on the phone. I feel like they are doing what they can for me.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I honestly have felt like I have only been a number. They haven’t asked if I have needed help with money. I haved called many times and it has taken sometimes a couple days to get back to me. That being said I have had some nice NP’s that have wanted to help me any chance they have gotten.
I have had some excellent NP’s that I feel have really taken their time to help me. When I call in I have a really hard time getting a hold of anyone. I am sure they are busy but sometimes it’s hard when you need to talk to someone. They have been nice.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr Foulk has been nice the two times that I have seen him. Sometimes I wish I could be able to talk to him. However most of the times it’s just the nurses that I talk to. He is very kind I just wish i has some more support.
You will only see Dr Foulk for consulations otherwise you will see the nurses. Also be prepared for many examinations. I didn’t know there would be so many. Make sure your voice is heard.
I started out with him in April. I had been taking clomid for 3 months before with my normal OB. They did not do any exams just gave me the clomid. So I went to Dr Foulk. He decided to try me on Clomid for a few more months with timed intercourse trigger shot and progesterone. The first month everything looked fine expect for thin uterine lining. So they gave me estrogen and went along with the cycle. At the time before they triggered me my uterine lining was looking better. Nothing came of that cycle. Next month we had plans to do the same thing but I ended up with a cyst and thin lining. They went a head and did the same thing. No luck. The next month the cyst was still there so we skipped that month. The next month July we tried femara. My lining was better and no cyst. So we went ahead with timed inter course and no luck again. So I went back in for a consultation and decided to try IUI. So I went back on Femera. Everything looked good. Triggered did the IUI and started on progesterone. It didn’t work. Now we are on to our second cycle of IUI. My husband has no problems. We did an HSG no problems there. We aren’t sure at this point why it hasn’t worked.
525 for timed intercourses 875 for IUI

1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
The staff [Utah Fertility Center] is very Friendly, the office is very clean. It’s a very relaxing atmosphere as soon as you walk in. The only bad thing I would say is sometimes when I would go to the Pleasant Grove office the girls at the front desk sometimes were not so friendly and welcoming... Megan always was on top of phone calls responding back to voicemails and emails. Explained everything in detail, handle ordering meds efficiently, over all very efficient and compassionate
1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The staff is very Friendly, the office is very clean. It’s a very relaxing atmosphere as soon as you walk in. The only bad thing I would say is sometimes when I would go to the Pleasant Grove office the girls at the front desk sometimes were not so friendly and welcoming
Dr. Foulk and his entire staff treated us with such compassion and care. Never felt like just a number.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Foulk was very thorough through our whole process. Starting with removing a polyp, explaining all the testing done on the embryos example PG us. After our first failed transfer He looked into other options for us, he went above and beyond to make sure we did everything we could be for the next one. We did two Separate ERA tests to find out how receptive and when my uterus was receptive. Also did a Neupogen Injection prior to second transfer. Unfortunately just yesterday we were told the pregnancy test is negative
To trust him. He knows what he is doing.
The protocol used was starting with estrogen injections, then progesterone injections, second transfer added extra day of progesterone injections because of being pre receptive. Once transfer happened started progesterone suppositories Nightly
$14,000 for IVF cycle $3000 for donor Compensation $3000 for donor meds $2900 for each FET cycle My meds approx $2000 Ultrasounds and labs approx $2000
Because of the PGS testing he recommended one embryo transfer at a time

1 Egg Frozen
1 Egg Freezing, IVF, Surrogacy
This clinic [UFC-Pleasant Grove] is known for being less expensive than the other two clinics in the area. Unfortunately in my experience this is because they have a mass amount of patients and do lots of cycles even when the requirements are not met. For example, this clinic does not require you to have a certain BMI or other labs that most other clinics are very strict about. They are lenient and take greater risks with your IVF cycle in order to process you as another patient. At the time I thought it was great that I could get started so quickly given some questions about my overall health, but after a failed cycle I now understand why other clinics have more strict guidelines on BMI, etc.
1 Egg Frozen
1 Egg Freezing, IVF, Surrogacy
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
This clinic is known for being less expensive than the other two clinics in the area. Unfortunately in my experience this is because they have a mass amount of patients and do lots of cycles even when the requirements are not met. For example, this clinic does not require you to have a certain BMI or other labs that most other clinics are very strict about. They are lenient and take greater risks with your IVF cycle in order to process you as another patient. At the time I thought it was great that I could get started so quickly given some questions about my overall health, but after a failed cycle I now understand why other clinics have more strict guidelines on BMI, etc. I do not think UFC is the best Fertility Clinic in Utah and I’m sure their numbers and statistics would prove it.
Dr Dorais is extremely caring and very dedicated to her patients.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lacey )
I was originally given Tonya Canaday as my coordinator but then switched to “Lacey” without even being informed of the switch. Lacey was blunt and rude. She had no compassion or kind words. The only positive of having Lacey was that she emails back usually within an hour unless it’s Saturday-Monday which she has off. Neither Tonya nor Lacey ever answer their phone and Tonya never emails back.
How was your experience with Jessie Dorais at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr Dorais is newer to UFC and she used to work at U of U Fertility. She is extremely optimistic and kind. Unfortunately with this sensitive type of medicine, being overly optimistic about everything isn’t always the best characteristic because it can lead to high hopes and devastating letdowns when the IVF cycle doesn’t work or go as planned. I prefer someone with more years of experience and a more realistic vs optimistic approach.
Get a second opinion from another doctor and/or clinic before deciding to go with her and UFC. Don’t let your heart talk you into spending that huge amount of money just because she says you have great chances of it working. Sometimes you have to go with your head instead of your heart, and being sweet talked with optimism was unfortunately something that we fell for as a new-to-IVF couple.
Antagonist protocol.
$11,699 for IVF cycle with ICSI, $200 per embryo for PGS testing, $750 for FDA physical examinations (standard for intended parents using gestational surrogate), and $400 cash UNDER THE TABLE (or $450 on credit card) directly to the anesthesiologist for anesthesia on the day of egg retrieval. Super sketchy there!! Plus all blood work and doctors appointment consult fees.
Dorais is happy doing single or multiple embryo transfers, depending on your personal preference.
Pleasant Grove

After the initial meeting with Dr. Conway, every visit I saw Stephanie [a nurse at UFC-Idaho Falls]. Even when the cycle wasn’t going exactly to plan with my follicle not growing enough or my lining being too thin, Stephanie explained what steps we would take to treat it. She made sure to keep us on track and that is really what made our cycle successful.... I then paid $525 for a cycle of Timed Intercourse.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I’ve loved meeting everyone in the clinic. They know who I am and make sure I know what’s going on. Even when I got lost trying to find the clinic on our first visit they got in touch with me and helped me to get there.
Dr. Conway sat down with us on our first visit and asked me about my past experiences and cycles. She talked us through what she thought was the problem and discussed possible treatment options before she confirmed the diagnosis. She made sure that we were following along every step of the way and that we felt comfortable with our treatment plan.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie Morgan, PA)
After the initial meeting with Dr. Conway, every visit I saw Stephanie. Even when the cycle wasn’t going exactly to plan with my follicle not growing enough or my lining being too thin, Stephanie explained what steps we would take to treat it. She made sure to keep us on track and that is really what made our cycle successful.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway was great when she met with us about explaining the problem and how we could treat it. She even did the ultrasound herself (at my previous clinic it would be an ultrasound technician) and showed me what she was seeing. We knew exactly what to expect for our cycle. The only downside is that Dr. Conway lives in Utah and travels to the clinic in Idaho a few times a month. But I wouldn’t let that stop you from seeing her. She communicates with the nurses and looked at all my exam reports to make sure everything was on track.
Don’t hesitate to go in. I was nervous about making the commitment to see an RE and about the price but Dr. Conway decided on a treatment plan for us that she believe would work and was reasonable for us to pay. And we had success on our first cycle with her treatment plan which I really didn’t think would happen.
I took two pills of Femara (I can’t remember the mg) for five days once my uterine lining was thin enough. I went back in to check on my follicles but they hadn’t grown enough so I took 3 pills of Femara for another 5 days and went back in. When I went in one follicle was almost big enough (the nurse said it was only a day or two off) but my uterine lining would be too thin for implantation. I took Estrace three times a day for two days to thicken my lining. On the second day I was instructed to inject Pregnyl (HCG) into my stomach at night. My husband and I had to have sex 12 hours after and 24 hours after. Two days after the injection at night before bed I started taking Progesterone suppositories to ensure that my lining would remain thick for the baby. I went in two weeks after for a blood pregnancy test and it was positive. A week after that I went in for another blood test to make sure my hormones were still rising. This week will be our first ultrasound.
The initial visit was around $200 and then I did some exams that were not done by Utah Fertility Center but luckily my insurance covered most of it although I was told they probably wouldn’t. I then paid $525 for a cycle of Timed Intercourse.
Idaho Falls

They [the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center- Pleasant Grove] were very kind and understanding of my circumstances. They would talk through the procedure with me and make me feel very comfortable and hopeful and they were sad for me when a treatment didn’t work. But on the negative side, I sometimes feel like they worked around the schedule of the clinic and not my body...(not totally their fault, I get it). And also, I feel like sometimes, they could have done some more ultrasounds beforehand to pinpoint a little closer to when I was going to ovulate. Sometimes I feel like it was more guesswork than accuracy because I was traveling about 40 minutes and they felt like they didn’t wanna make me come down every day to do more ultrasounds...
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic was very clean and professional looking. It had a warm environment and made you feel comfortable to be there. They were pretty quick with helping you out once you got there and the wait time was generally pretty short
I felt like they cared about me getting pregnant, but at the same time, I felt like sometimes, they treated my cycle around their schedule instead of my most fertile times
They were very kind and understanding of my circumstances. They would talk through the procedure with me and make me feel very comfortable and hopeful and they were sad for me when a treatment didn’t work. But on the negative side, I sometimes feel like they worked around the schedule of the clinic and not my body...(not totally their fault, I get it). And also, I feel like sometimes, they could have done some more ultrasounds beforehand to pinpoint a little closer to when I was going to ovulate. Sometimes I feel like it was more guesswork than accuracy because I was traveling about 40 minutes and they felt like they didn’t wanna make me come down every day to do more ultrasounds...
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
I didn’t actually meet Russell ever. I was under another doctor at the clinic, a Jason Parker. I only met him once and talked on the phone with him once as well. I thought he was nice and explained things well for how the treatment was going to go but I had expected him to do the treatments for me and after the initial consultation, I didn’t see or hear from him much.
Don’t go in expecting that he is going to manage your care himself. It will be the nurses and staff under him. Which is fine. They were nice and kind
They put me on femora for 5 days starting the 2nd or 3rd day of my cycle. The dosage started out with 5 mg?? I think at first for the first 3 cycles and then AFTER I REQUESTED, they bumped me up to 7.5 mg/day for the 5 days. During, they monitored me with vaginal ultrasounds to see where my body was at in the process of releasing an egg. Once they felt like I was getting close to ovulating, they had me take an HCG shot at home and then 24-36 hours later, I went in for the IUI treatment. After that, they put me on vaginal suppositories of progesterone for about 2 weeks and then had me come in for a blood pregnancy test (which I rarely even made it to because I always started my period before they could test...) I never got pregnant through 5 cycles of treatments.
When I went in for consultation, they told me the cost for one treatment would be about $800. But I had insurance (husband didn’t) so half of my treatment cost was covered with insurance. However, they didn’t count the cost or medication which was about $200 each cycle. And I still think even with my insurance covering half of my treatments, after all the medications and costs for me and my husband, each cycle cost more than $800 (which is what they said it would cost total...)

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
They [Utah Fert Ctr] are amazing at getting back to you and making sure they have everything ready to go throughout the whole process. Weakness is that they don't always answer the phone, but they do get back to you within the day or at least the next...My coordinator was amazing!! Super on top of everything, answered all my questions swiftly and accurately. She really showed that she cared about us and helping us achieve our dream of having a kid.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They are amazing at getting back to you and making sure they have everything ready to go throughout the whole process. Weakness is that they don't always answer the phone, but they do get back to you within the day or at least the next.
I felt like a human because she took her time with us. She didn't care if she had to stay late one day if it meant answering all of our questions. She would check in on us throughout the process. She has shown excitement when given good news as well as sympathized with us during hard times.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shailegh Taylor)
How was your experience with Jessie Dorais at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Dorais is great at communicating every detail of the process. She is so knowledgeable in every aspect of both male and female infertility. She knew the answer and a ton more for every question we had. The only weakness she had was trying so much to make syre we didn't get our hopes up. After transfer though she was super excited and rooting for us, but during the process I felt it was hard to be excited at all. Part of that though was how little our chances were because of both my husband's and I's infertility factors.
To not be afraid to ask any questions you may have. She makes you feel like every question is important and will literally have the answer plus some for each question.
We did IVF with ICSI because of male gactor infertility. I started out taking birth control pills for a couple of weeks. I also have an extremely low AMH of .38 so she put me on Gonal-F 300 once a day, 150 units of Menopur daily, and once it was time I took 1 shot of ganilerex. Once it was time to trigger I took 10,000 units of HCG 36 hours before egg retreival. During all this I also took prenatal vitemins, one baby asprin a day, 600mg of CoQ10.
We were blessed to have partial insurance coverage. Out of pocket we paid about $4,500 for medications and about $1,500 or less on dr. Visits, ultrasounds, bloodwork, etc.
Dr. Dorais HIGHLY recommended only one embryo and made it very clear. She gave all the risks associated with doing two.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
I sometimes felt like the nurses or MAs [at Utah Fertility Center] that called me had no idea what was going on with my care plan. so that was kind of frustrating, but overall everyone has been really nice and they call the doctor if needed anytime I have questions.... the MAs seem unprofessional at times, but I have LOVED the doctors and nurse practitioners that I have talked to. everyone seems to have my best interest in mind. it can also be very difficult to get anyone to answer the phone, but I understand that they are very busy and they do really well at returning phone calls.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
she met with us in her office multiple times, and called me personally to discuss my new diagnosis of pcos. her staff always calls to check up on me each cycle and she makes sure I am well informed and involved in my care.
I sometimes felt like the nurses or MAs that called me had no idea what was going on with my care plan. so that was kind of frustrating, but overall everyone has been really nice and they call the doctor if needed anytime I have questions.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr Gurtcheff is very sweet and easy to talk to. she is great at explaining everything throughout the whole process. she truly seems to have my best interest in mind and seems to want us to get pregnant as badly as we want it.
ask her anything! she is a fountain of knowledge. I had so many questions and worries with my last miscarriage and there wasn't one thing she couldn't answer and she assured me that this wasnt my fault and involved me when deciding a new care plan.
when I first met with her she said "we have to figure out what the problem is first before we can treat it." she did an ultrasound and several labs to determine that I had PCOS. she then started me on provera to start a period and I did. then we did 2.5 mg of femara to help me ovulate because I wasn't ovulating on my own. that dose didn't work and she increased to 5 mg the next month. I ovulated and got pregnant, but unfortunately ended in miscarriage. the following month we did 5mg of femara again but no ovulation, so she increased it to 7.5. I have been on that dose for two cycles now and have ovulated both times. she also gave me the option during the process to do timed intercourse with monitoring at any point, but I decided to wait and try just the femara for a while first. each cycle she has done a 21 day progesterone to confirm ovulation and if I ovulate then she does an HCG test the week after. she has given me a lot of options for what steps to take next, especially after my miscarriage, which I appreciate! since the miscarriage she has also started me on 200 mg of prometrium twice a day each cycle after ovulation is confirmed and baby aspirin once a day. prometrium was done a couple other times on the cycles that I didn't ovulate to start a period
Pleasant Grove

The second IUI [with Utah Fertility Center] we did letrozole instead because clomid makes me very sick. This time her nurses told me to have intercourse like less than 24 hours before the IUI. This made my husband’s numbers lower because DUH! We had sex before the stinking procedure!...That was so confusing and so frustrating for me...They [nurses] were friendly, but it’s hard to be compassionate when you don’t know what it feels like. I struggled with that before it happened to me so I understand that it’s harder than it sounds. They were just following what they were told to do by Jessie, at least that’s how I understood it.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They were okay. Sometimes the front desk was grumpy, and one girl that checked me out all the time was always kind of stand-offish. I can’t remember her name though. She had long dirty blonde hair that was always in a pony tail.
I felt like all I was given were statistics. I didn’t feel cared about very much.
They were friendly, but it’s hard to be compassionate when you don’t know what it feels like. I struggled with that before it happened to me so I understand that it’s harder than it sounds. They were just following what they were told to do by Jessie, at least that’s how I understood it.
How was your experience with Jessie Dorais at Utah Fertility Center?
Jessie was kind, but she didn’t make an effort to let me know that they cared about me and were doing everything they could to help. I am finishing up a cycle with her right now and then I am switching to Dr. Conway because I’ve heard so many good things about her. I feel like Jessie hasn’t done everything she can to find a diagnosis, and as the patient I shouldn’t be responsible for making sure they’ve run every single test there is to run.
Be prepared to ask a lot of questions. She will give you statistics, and that’s about it. It’s like talking to google almost.
We did clomid but it wasn’t working so she said IUI was next since we are “unexplained.” We did clomid and IUI first, and my husband’s numbers were high for that one because we waited to have intercourse until after the IUI was done (there’s like a 2-5 day thing where you want to have intervourse within the 5 days before the IUI, but not after 2 days before). We did a trigger shot and that was it. It didn’t work. The second IUI we did letrozole instead because clomid makes me very sick. This time her nurses told me to have intercourse like less than 24 hours before the IUI. This made my husband’s numbers lower because DUH! We had sex before the stinking procedure! So then later she said it was because they want us to keep trying naturally at home, which I understand by telling me to do it right before the dang thing? That was so confusing and so frustrating for me. It still is. Anyways, we also did a trigger with that one and it didn’t work. I am currently in the middle of a letrozole cycle after 2 months of a break after the IUI’s.
The IUI itself was like $850 or something. The medicine was bought separately through integrity RX and one other company, and that added up to around $200.
Pleasant Grove

We chose to do a 3 cycle money back garuntee through Attain IVF [at Utah Fertility Center]. We paid $21,600 which allotted us 3 egg retrievals, 3 fresh transfers, and unlimited frozen transfers if we needed them. That price did not include blood work or medications. So overall we have spent an eatimated $27,000...Clinic is small and in a random location which would potentially shake your opinion of their credibility. But at the end of the day the same treatment is administered and all had turned out just as good if not better than previous care in a fancier clinic.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Although she was full of knowledge, she made a point of not making us feel like the information she was telling us was a rehearsed line of dr verbiage she had said a million times. She has gone out of her way numerous times to make us feel cared for and special during our specific cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie M)
All great women! Our clinic up in Idaho is relatively new so it is a teeny bit apparent that they have not worked in a fertility office for many years based on some of their treatment speeds and/or commentary of lack thereof regarding what we are going through. But overall they are fantastic and I have become great friends with them all
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
She is extremely compassionate toward what you are going through even though it is her everyday life and could potentially get monotonous. We had an unfortunate negative outcome to our second transfer and she made it a point to reassure us that we would continue to go on to be successful and catered to my necessary procedures in order to get back on the horse as quickly as possible. She has been our biggest cheerleader through all of this, exactly as a dr should be!
Ask her any question you have, because she will respectfully answer it without making you feel dumb and will explain everything very thoroughly so you feel confident she is making the best decisions with your treatment.
She was pretty aggressive with my injections compared to my first cycle. I only retrieved 14 eggs the first time and one embryo. Through her protocol of gonal f 225 iu for 10 days and menopur 75 iu along with that we were able to retrieve 29 eggs which resulted in 6 good quality embryos.
We chose to do a 3 cycle money back garuntee through Attain IVF. We paid $21,600 which allotted us 3 egg retrievals, 3 fresh transfers, and unlimited frozen transfers if we needed them. That price did not include blood work or medications. So overall we have spent an eatimated $27,000.
It was always suggested we transfer one embryo based on the quality of ours. According to her we had a great chance of them being successful, although they were not genetically tested. She ultimately left it up to us and if we felt strongly about transferring more than one I know she would have supported that decision.
Pleasant Grove

It is usually pretty hard to get a hold of the person you need to talk to on the first call. Most of the time you have to leave a message and wait for a return call. Though this is frustrating, it is slightly comforting to know that they [Utah Fertility Ctr] are such a popular and loved clinic that they are so busy.... We were told that upfront cost to start our IVF with ICSI was about $10,000 and that with the medications and other “possible” costs it would run us anywhere from $13,000-$18,500
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
It is usually pretty hard to get a hold of the person you need to talk to on the first call. Most of the time you have to leave a message and wait for a return call. Though this is frustrating, it is slightly comforting to know that they are such a popular and loved clinic that they are so busy.
Our very first visit I felt like he genuinely took his time to listen to all of our concerns and he really looked into every possibility for my husband and I. The second time I talked with him was over the phone after hours. He was explaining some results from a test my husband had done. He stayed on the phone with me for what felt like forever and really educated me on my options and really listened to me as I was an emotional mess.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center.
Every single person we have come in contact with has been amazing. The nursing staff at this clinic is so great!
How was your experience with Jason Parker at Utah Fertility Center?
We are still in the process of treatment and haven’t had a ton of experiences with Dr. Parker but those we have had have been great. I love the time he takes with us and is really good at calming my nerves with explaining the best course of treatment.
After the testing process, dr Parker highly recommended my husband and I invest our time and money into IVF due to my husbands low sperm count, low motility, and morphology. I was hesitant at first so Dr. Parker was open to trying different medications and possibly IUI. He was very bold in saying that he would be willing to try these things with us but he worries we would be wasting time and money. He thought our only way to have a decent chance at getting pregnant would be to start IVF. I agreed. The first step was a water ultrasound where they found a fibroid. Because of this, they scheduled me for a hysteroscopy which I will be getting done in the next week. Unfortunately our Dr. Parker is not available so they have scheduled me with Dr. Conway for the procedure.
Pleasant Grove

The nursing staff at UFC is wonderful. Everyone is so helpful and informative. The two nurses I have been working with have been wonderful. I am someone with a LOT of questions. I cannot tell you how many times I emailed Shailee, sometimes multiple times in a day and she always responded on the same day.... I also think it is wonderful that they have multiple locations throughout Utah. One thing I wish they offered was full service at all of their locations.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
UFC does a wonderful job staffing a very well informed and helpful team. I also think it is wonderful that they have multiple locations throughout Utah. One thing I wish they offered was full service at all of their locations. Only some of the doctors travel to the branch offices to perform cycles. It would have been nice to have a location closer to home when my husband needed to freeze back up sperm but we love this place so much, we did not mind making the drive.
When we first met Dr. Dorais she was so warm and welcoming. She began by getting to know us. Addressed and questions or concerns we had and then very thoroughly answered every single question. We spoke with her for over 2 hours the first time we met. Anytime I need something, she calls and is so reassuring. She always explains everything so well and always asks me if I need anything or have any questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shailee)
The nursing staff at UFC is wonderful. Everyone is so helpful and informative. The two nurses I have been working with have been wonderful. I am someone with a LOT of questions. I cannot tell you how many times I emailed Shailee, sometimes multiple times in a day and she always responded on the same day. Morgan has been really good about calling to check in and answering questions that way.
How was your experience with Jessie Dorais at Utah Fertility Center?
My experience with Dr. Dorias has been wonderful. She is very thorough and matter of fact. I really appreciate the fact that she never made us feel like she's in this for the money. I had so many questions regarding additional testing. She was very honest about each test and how it would or would not benefit us. I never felt like she was trying to sell something to us.
I would advise a prospective patient to do their research and come with a lot of questions. It is nice when your doctor has a very well rounded, educated response. Dr. Dorais answered SO many of the questions I had without me even formally asking her. She was so thorough.
My protocol is for an antagonist cycle due to my AMH levels. Dr. Dorais explained the risks of developing OHSS and order a Leupron trigger shot to use in conjunction with my HCG. She also ordered: 5 Ganarelix 250MCG, 3 Follistim 600IUI, 75IUI Menopur (22), Pregnyl 10,000 units, Endometrin 100mg tablets, 63, Leupron 5MG. I began taking birth control pills on cycle day 3 and my husband and I were also prescribed a Z pack and Cipro for him as well.
The actual procedure costs $9,800, which includes ICSI. Additional blood work runs around $400, medication was around 4,000. I had to do outside monitoring for my baseline and initial blood work due to living in California. Since my facility is in Utah so we had travel expenses as well.
My doctor definitely educated us on transferring 1 vs 2 embryos. She went over all of the risks of transferring more than one embryo in great detail. She also very respectfully told us that ultimately, we are the patients and the decision to transfer 1 versus 2 is up to us. She was very clear on letting us know what the medical field safely recommends.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
[Utah Fert Ctr - PG] Strengths are ample. Organized and proactive in care. Everyone works together to establish the best possible patient care. One weakness is that initially it is difficult to get in...I loved going to the clinic as the staff seemed to truly care about my outcome. Gave me adequate time and always addressed my needs...The nursing staff was professional and attentive. Always made me feel comfortable and informed....
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Strengths are ample. Organized and proactive in care. Everyone works together to establish the best possible patient care. One weakness is that initially it is difficult to get in. However, once you have your initial visit the go to great lengths to accommodate you.
I loved going to the clinic as the staff seemed to truly care about my outcome. Gave me adequate time and always addressed my needs. The only time I ever felt frustrated was working with the schedule lady who didn't understand why I had to work and it was difficult to make all of the appointments.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
I feel like she did an amazing job explaining the treatment, as well as adjusting my plan as cycles progressed and making the changes that needed to be made. Very good bedside manner. She is educated and caring. I have really loved having her as my fertility specialist
Ask questions you are unsure of, and speak up. She is wonderful at listening to your concerns you just need to voice them.
I used 7.5mg of femera, as well as 75units of follistim. This resulted in 1 beautiful follicle. Hcg trigger and iui. However did not result in pregnancy. The second iui 10mg femera, 3, 75 unit doses of follistim due to poor initial response. Hcg trigger and iui 48 hours later. Also used Estrace due to thin uterine linning. Failed cycle. After this we discussed and both felt the best option was to move to IVF.
Because we have insurance that doesn't cover infertility costs build rather quickly. Each iui cycle was $800.00 out of pocket for monitoring and procedure. Plus on average of $500.00 for meds.
Pleasant Grove

I love how clean the clinic [Utah Fertility Center] is. You walk in and they greet you by name, maybe just because I have been going for 8 months now. They are all patient and kind and want the best for their patients....There was just one time they had forgotten to call me with some results, but I ended up calling at the end of the day and they got those results right to me... They always know what the plan is and how to answer all of my questions.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I love how clean the clinic is. You walk in and they greet you by name, maybe just because I have been going for 8 months now. They are all patient and kind and want the best for their patients. The only thing I wish was different was if they had an office in Logan, UT!!
Dr. Dorais has always called me by name and always knew exactly what was going on and what the plan is. She will personally call me if there is ever a problem and tell me the problem and the next steps to take care of it.
Excellent! They always know what the plan is and how to answer all of my questions.
How was your experience with Jessie Dorais at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Dorais is extremely caring and nice to all of her patients. She is very knowledgeable about the infertility paths and always wants what is best for her patients. I love that she is my doctor and trust she knows what is best for my body.
You will not want to find another doctor after seeing Dr. Dorais!
She diagnosed me with anovulation and PCOS. She put me on progesterone to get a period. When I did we started our first timed cycle which involved femara to grow my follicles and a trigger HCG injection to induce ovulation. I got pregnant the first cycle and carried it till 6 weeks and then miscarried. She was concerned that is might be ectopic and explained that we needed to do a D&C. After the D&C we waited for my levels to go down and then started our 2nd cycle 2 months later. On my baseline ultrasound I was told I needed to come back for a saline ultrasound because there might be something in my uterus. I came back the next day and they found polyps in my uterus. 2 weeks later we did a hysterectomy to remove 5 polyps. 1 week after we started our 2nd cycle that turned into a negative pregnancy. We just did our 3rd timed cycle and I am currently in the two week wait!
Unfortunately, insurance doesn't cover anything infertility. We have been doing timed cycles which are $525 a cycle + around another $300 for medications and then gas money (I live 1.5 hours away from Utah Fertility Center). We also had a D&C and then a hysteroscopy and those each costed money too. I have figured we are around $4,000 into this journey.
We haven't had the opportunity to transfer embryos

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
I sometimes felt that the office staff [Utah Fertility Ctr] were removed from the emotions of the whole process and that they forget that this whole journey can be really hard on many patients. I would like to have seen a little more compassion from the office staff.... There were a few times that my appointments got mixed up, or were in my calendar schedule but not in the computer. The finance office had some mixups and charged me when they shouldn’t have etc.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I sometimes felt that the office staff were removed from the emotions of the whole process and that they forget that this whole journey can be really hard on many patients. I would like to have seen a little more compassion from the office staff. I felt frustrated a few times by the lack of communication between staff, appointments not making it onto the schedules, or lack of financial communication that caused unnecessary stress and anxiety. Overall everyone is kind and helpful, just make sure you are following your own treatment plans, payments, etc. and stay on top of things on your end so you don’t fall through the cracks. I sometimes felt forgotten about, and some of that sentisitvity is likely from all of the medications I was taking. I kept going back because I love Dr. Foulk and Dr. Conway and I am confident that they know what they are doing. Towards the end of my treatments I felt like the staff got better and were warmer and more personable.
Every time that I met with Dr. Foulk he was very sincere, personable, and compassionate. I always felt important and cared for when I had visits/appointments with him. He answered all of mine and my husband’s questions, and I feel like he genuinely cared about us. I do wish I could have seen him more often during my variety of treatments, I often only saw his staff for appointments, but that’s normal. All of the nurses, NPs, and other providers in the office were great as well. Dr. Conway also did one of my ultrasounds and one of my surgeries and she was so kind, thorough, and I felt completely confident in her care. The medical staff explained procedures, answered my questions, and were compassionate each time I saw them. I did feel like sometimes some of the staff (office side more than the clinical staff) forgets how sensitive and tender this whole journey is and can be for individuals. I often felt like I fell through the cracks or got lost sometimes in communication between staff. There were a few different times that I had to contact my coordinator and have her help me sort out some of the confusion/ conflicting appointments, payments, or other issues. But my coordinator was great at always getting things straightened out and taken care of for me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Danica )
My coordinator is the absolute sweetest. She goes out of her way to make sure that I am taken care of and comfortable with all of the procedures etc. I did feel like sometimes there was a lapse in communication between us and the scheduling etc. But she always made sure to fix things promptly when I brought it to her attention or reached out to her with concerns.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr Foulk is very intelligent, and he is so good at sharing his vast knowledge in an understandable way. ( I loved his drawings he often used to teach me!) He took the time to make sure I knew exactly what was happening and why. He answered any questions my husband and I had, and he was very kind and compassionate during every visit or procedure. I always felt like he really cared about me as a person, and that he genuinely wanted to help my family to grow as much as I want it to grow. I appreciated his sense of confidence in the possibility of being able to carry my husband’s baby someday. It did sometimes make the road blocks and set backs hard to swallow, but he always met with us after a loss or bad news and helped encourage us to move forward and not give up. He made me want to keep trying and believe that it is possible, even when my mind and my body wanted to quit. He was also very clear about the risks or percentages of success. I appreciated how candid and experienced he is.
Be upfront about your concerns, your feelings, your wants- both personally and with the procedures etc. I should have expressed more openly how emotionally and mentally hard the medications and treatments were for me. I put on a brave face most of the time, and then I sometimes felt that it wasn’t understood how hard and strainful the whole process was, but then it occurred to me that I had never expressed that I was struggling as much as I was. I would also say decide with your spouse what it is that you guys can handle and are ready for, and be willing to speak up and do things on your timeline as well. I went through multiple rounds and had many road blocks and complications along the way and for a lot of it I just went along for the ride and did whatever I was told to do whenever I was told to do it. Eventually that wore on me, and I realized that I needed to communicate better about where I was personally and where we were as a couple so that we could adjust things to better meet our needs.
I’m not great at remembering all the details, especially in the very beginning, but we started with genetic testing for my husband. We were told he was sterile but Dr. Foulk thought otherwise and ran some genetic tests and did a physical assessment on my husband as well. Turns out he is not sterile but is a presenting carrier of cystic fibrosis so he presents as sterile. Dr Foulk did a surgery to retrieve my husband’s sperm and was successful. Then they began working on me with baseline ultrasounds, blood work, genetic tests, etc. I had polyps and ovarian cysts so Dr. Foulk performed a hysteroscopy and explained that it would remove the polyps and leave my uterus nice and smooth for implantation. We then started the medications and procedures for the egg retrieval. I don’t remember what medications I used for the retrieval or fresh transfer prep, (Gonal F was one of them) but will be doing another egg retrieval soon enough to help remind me. We did ultrasounds often to watch the progress and effectiveness of the medications I was taking to make sure my eggs were growing appropriately etc. We also did blood work often to monitor all my levels. While we were waiting on my genetic results we prepared for a fresh transfer, I did daily shots in my tummy, again I don’t remember the medication or doses. But the day before the fresh transfer was scheduled my genetic testing came back positive as a carrier for CF as well so we weren’t able to move forward with the fresh transfer and had to send the embryos for genetic screening. That took a few months, and after we got our embryos back from the genetic testing we prepared for a frozen transfer. For each of the frozen transfer cycles I was on active birth control pills, took 81mg baby aspirin daily, prenatal vitamins, and then injected .15 ml of estradiol valerate IM (glutes) each Tuesday and Friday evening, then about 2 weeks later I added 1 ml IM injections of progesterone in oil daily in the mornings. I did a z-pack the week before implantation, neupogin intravaginally (before two of the frozen transfers), and intralipid infusions and another hysteroscopy tonremove my polyps again, prior to my last frozen transfer. I am about to begin the same round of meds again for the ERA.
We did one egg retrieval and fresh transfer cycle for close to $10,000. Medications were additional. Hysteroscopy was around $500 plus $400 for anesthesia each time, and frozen transfers were about $3,000 plus medications. Genetic testing on the embryos was done at an external lab.
Dr Foulk was very clear about the risks of putting in multiple embryos etc, but he always let me and my husband decide what we felt best about after he educated us. He wasn’t pushy. We put two in each attempt until this last round when we only had one left.
Pleasant Grove

I am not joking, there is literally nothing I would change about UFC.... The nursing staff is wonderful. Danica is my sweet coordinator and we also see Susie a lot. They are both wonderful and so helpful. I got sick with my last HSG and Susie rubbed my forehead with a wet towl to cool me down and got me food etc.... our freeze fee is 500 a year for our embryos. A FET is 3700$ and then medications. PGS testing fee, ultrasounds etc.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I am not joking, there is literally nothing I would change about UFC. EVERY single person from the front desk to the lab to the embryologist, nurses, doctor, phlebotomist... they are all Perfect. They are all there to help and are so kind and compassionate. They understand it's a tough thing to go through, and they do everything they can to help things go perfectly. I have had zero bad experiences or visits.
Dr. Foulk is one if the kindest men I've ever met. He cares about you not only as his patient but as a human being. There was never a time that he didn't fully explain what was going on. he always makes sure you're comfortable with treatment steps and that any and all questions are answered. He is kind and caring. I couldn't ask for more in a reproductive endocrinologist. He makes a not so fun situation very bearable and I have complete trust in him as my physician.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Danica)
The nursing staff is wonderful. Danica is my sweet coordinator and we also see Susie a lot. They are both wonderful and so helpful. I got sick with my last HSG and Susie rubbed my forehead with a wet towl to cool me down and got me food etc. They go above and beyond for their patients. Always smiling and so willing to help.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He is the sweetest man alive. He walks you through each step and makes sure you know EXACTLY what is going to happen next and why you are where you are. He will get to the bottom of why you're not conceiving on your own, and then he tells you but we will do it! I have full and complete faith in this man and his skill set. He knows what to do and is so compassionate. He has wonderful bedside manner and helps you get through some pretty rough times. I wouldn't go to another doctor if I had to. This man has our respect for life. We can't thank him enough.
Trust in him completely. He WILL make you a parent.
I remember my first egg retrieval I got OHSS and they went in and took all the extra water out and changed me to a freeze all cycle. I had 50+ eggs retrieved so we figured it was going to happen. I am not sure what drugs I took. it they always made sure I had enough and helped me with costs etc. For this upcoming transfer I am taking estrogen Ijections twice a week, progesterone injections and suppositories the week of transfer anf also a z pak the week of transfer.
I don't remember the total for our retrieval etc. but our freeze fee is 500 a year for our embryos. A FET is 3700$ and then medications. PGS testing fee, ultrasounds etc.
They helped us make the best decision. Our first was double embryo transfer, we had a singletons. We are transferring one this time around.
Pleasant Grove

The clinic [Utah Fertility Center-Pleasant Grove] is amazing. Very clean & comfortable. They respond to phone calls/call you back very quickly. When waiting on results they always call in a timely manner, exactly when they say they are going to. There can be a little bit of a wait sometimes even if you show up to your appointment early or on time.... The clinic is amazing. Very clean & comfortable. They respond to phone calls/call you back very quickly. When waiting on results they always call in a timely manner, exactly when they say they are going to. There can be a little bit of a wait sometimes even if you show up to your appointment early or on time
European, Latino
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic is amazing. Very clean & comfortable. They respond to phone calls/call you back very quickly. When waiting on results they always call in a timely manner, exactly when they say they are going to. There can be a little bit of a wait sometimes even if you show up to your appointment early or on time.
Dr. Gurtcheff did an amazing job of showing how much she cares & feels for our situation. We have secondary infertility & I was nervous to see a doctor because I didn't want them to think treating me was less important because I already have one kid. Dr. Gurtcheff really seemed to understand our desire to grow our family & give our son a sibling. She reassured us & made us feel comfortable the whole time.
They were organized, experienced, & very professional. Very warm & friendly. It was easy to feel comfortable with them.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Gurtcheff is very sweet & caring. She made us feel very comfortable & gave us hope which is something we haven't had in a long time. My only complaint is I only saw her for the appointments to go over test results and talk about our plan. The ultrasounds, IUI procedures, & even the call to tell me the results that I wasn't pregnant were all done by her nursing staff. They were great, but I felt like there were a lot of questions at times that I couldn't get answers to because I wasn't able to speak with Dr. Gurtcheff directly.
Write down all your questions so you can ask while she's around because you don't always get the opportunity to later.
Dr. Gurtcheff explained that clomid on it's own isn't that affective & neither is the IUI. She recommended we do a combination of both to increase our chances. I appreciated the more aggressive approach. We were to try this method up to 3 times because the success rates are supposed to be cumulative so with each attempt our chances go up. After 3 times we would save up for/prepare for ivf.
IUI and baseline ultrasound -$875 HCG trigger shot, progesterone, & clomid - together cost around $200 Other tests and appointments I was billed around $400
Pleasant Grove

It’s a warm atmosphere the office [Utah Fertility Center- St. George] when you walk in the waiting area is nice and all the family card announcements are fun to see and read about on the wall.... He told us $13,000 for ivf cycle or $1,000 a month for iui.... I met her [a nurse] 1 time when we went in for our referrred initial consult and she was very nice and easy to talk with. She answered our questions. We are meeting with her tomorrow to go over the calendar for all my upcoming procedures and protocols.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I don’t have a whole lot of information yet to really say much. It’s a warm atmosphere the office when you walk in the waiting area is nice and all the family card announcements are fun to see and read about on the wall.
He was very nice and I knew he wanted to help us. He was very concerned and spent time with us and answering all my questions. I didn’t feel rushed and I liked the way he handled our situation. He remembered us from before and that made a huge difference even knowing our other kids names and faces. It was very refreshing to see the care he had.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Megan Johnson )
I met her 1 time when we went in for our referrred initial consult and she was very nice and easy to talk with. She answered our questions. We are meeting with her tomorrow to go over the calendar for all my upcoming procedures and protocols.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He was very good at explaining and helping us come to a plan for us that would work with our schedule and what we wanted to do. We have only met him 2 times. Once in 2016 and now again this February 2018. We all decided to go with ivf and so I’m just barley beginning the process in the middle of birth control. I look forward to going through the procedures and I’m excited to grow our family. Dr Foulk was very personable and easy to talk to the 2 times we have met. I hope to see him more throughout the process.
Um that he’s very easy to talk to and ask questions.
I’m just starting so I haven’t really gotten to that point. I’m still in the middle of birth control pills. So I’m at the very very beginning. I have an upcoming water ultrasound and a calendar review tomorrow to go over what to expect and everything. We did decide to do embryo testing and find out which eggs would be best to transfer when I get to that point.
He told us $13,000 for ivf cycle or $1,000 a month for iui.
We did discuss this because we want to have twins hopefully. We went over the why’s and we all agreed on that plan as of now.

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
The clinics biggest strength is that there is never a long wait to get in for your appointment. I did have to bring my one toddler with me and the nurses staff was so kind and helping with him. The only weakness I can think of [Utah Fertility Ctr] is it can take months to get in with Dr Foulk... They [nurses] were able to answer my questions and if they could not they would always get an answer for me. They always returned my emails and phone calls within the same day.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinics biggest strength is that there is never a long wait to get in for your appointment. I did have to bring my one toddler with me and the nurses staff was so kind and helping with him. The only weakness I can think of is it can take months to get in with Dr Foulk
He really cared about me and wanted to help me. I felt that he wanted to help us have a child just as much as we wanted one. I felt that he always listened to what my thoughts were.
They were able to answer my questions and if they could not they would always get an answer for me. They always returned my emails and phone calls within the same day. They always provided good information on what my next step was.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
When we did our second IVF with Dr Foulk he tried something new with us. I was put on a Lupron shot for three months, and on vitamin supplements to help the quality of my eggs. We were very hopeful that that would help but when it came time to transfer the eggs they were not good. Dr Foulk was hopeful but I could tell that he felt bad that what we did did not help. He really does care. I do not feel that he just wants my money.
Don’t be afraid to do your research and ask Dr Foulk all the questions that you have. If you feel there is something you want to try ask Dr Foulk what he thinks.
Dr Foulk found that I had to cyst, one on each side which he diagnosed as endometriosis. We thought if we would suppress that that would help my eggs get the nutrients that they needed. So Dr Foulk put me on three months of Lupron shot and several vitamin supplements. The results were that it did not work for me.
Because it was our second IVF cycle with Dr Foulk the procedure was $7980 the anesthesiologist was $400 cash and the medicine because I am older cost me $5500 .

Endometriosis, Unexplained
I love the girl that works the front desk. I love all of the staff at this location [Utah Fertility Ctr- Murray]. They are really good with getting you in and out of your appointments as quickly as possible and the wait time isn’t that long. They make going through fertility treatments easier and such a hard time.... My Care coordinator has always been available to answer my questions, returns my phone calls quickly, and just overall a very compassionate person. She has shown me that she is invested in myself being able to conceive as much as I am. She is simply amazing
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I love the girl that works the front desk. I love all of the staff at this location. They are really good with getting you in and out of your appointments as quickly as possible and the wait time isn’t that long. They make going through fertility treatments easier and such a hard time. They also help to answer any question that you may have about your fertility
She always made sure that I asked questions and she would answer them. She always try to normalize how I felt every step of the way
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Morgan baker )
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
She is educated and well knowledged in her profession. She has compassion, empathy, and is real. I have loved working with her because I trust her every step of the way. She is always made sure that whatever decision is made is my own and not because she feels one way or the other. She has remain optimistic for me but yet realistic.
If you were looking for someone who knows what they are doing she is the one that can figure out what is wrong and what is the best course of treatment. She is also very smart and empathetic you would love her.
I have had insurance coverage which has helped. In total I have paid out of pocket around 1300. With IVF I do not have insurance coverage so that will be more costly, we are looking at about 13,000 which includes medication for one round
Murray

I appreciate they have multiple locations so we aren’t driving as far. Be prepared that you’ll likely see different nurses and staff each time. It’s been hard to always feel comfortable when the person isn’t familiar. It’s felt a little harder to trust their opinion each time when I don’t know them at all. But each has been kind, professional & helpful....Mallory has been great, and patient answering our questions. We’ve also seen at least 6 other staff at other appointments.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
It has a good reputation. I appreciate they have multiple locations so we aren’t driving as far. Be prepared that you’ll likely see different nurses and staff each time. It’s been hard to always feel comfortable when the person isn’t familiar. It’s felt a little harder to trust their opinion each time when I don’t know them at all. But each has been kind, professional & helpful.
Dr. Conway was so helpful in making decisions about our treatment options. She provided all the medical facts and statistics available, but also took into account our emotions. She was candid about both her medical and personal opinion, which was so helpful.
Mallory has been great, and patient answering our questions. We’ve also seen at least 6 other staff at other appointments. Although I don’t know them well each has been kind and thorough.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
We’ve only met with her directly for our first appointment, but she was great. She made us feel confident that our treatment plan was our best option at this point, answered questions, and was very straight-forward yet optimistic and kind.
know that from at least our experience, you don’t end up having much direct contact with her. I’m glad that I do feel like I can trust her and that she does care about us, but it does feel strange to not have any contact aside from hearing about her feedback from nurses.
We’re in the middle of IVF, leading up to and FET. We’re doing frozen transfer both due to wanting to do PGS testing and to avoid OHSS with my PCOS. She’s been vigilant about avoiding OHSS. I started doing birth control, then did F75 Gonal F and Menopur, just one little bottle a day to 1ml liquid. My egg retrieval has been pushed back a couple days while we’ve done some increased Gonal F, hoping a few more follicles can have some extra time to mature.
Not sure, we have great insurance with Progyny. But this egg retrieval is costing about $8,000, then the transfer will be about $3,000, medication has been about $3,000
Before seeing dr. Conway we were set on eSET. She agreed with this approach and seemed relieved to not have to convince us to not do multiples.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
Our experience with this clinic [Utah Fert Ctr] recently (as opposed to last year when we first started going there) has been night and day. They have a mostly new staff, which has been very refreshing. The new nurses, front desk gals, and coordinators are all much more friendly and helpful...The nursing staff is great. They are all very professional and courteous. All of my appointments this round were on time with minimal waiting, which I very much appreciate.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Our experience with this clinic recently (as opposed to last year when we first started going there) has been night and day. They have a mostly new staff, which has been very refreshing. The new nurses, front desk gals, and coordinators are all much more friendly and helpful. However, my advice is the same as with the doctor--ask a lot of questions! They're there to help you, but only if you ask them to. Otherwise, you're just kind of shuffled through.
Dr. Conway is very hands on, very informative, very willing to take a phone call or email and respond timely. She has always been very knowledgeable about our specific situation, which is reassuring.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
After a not so great experience with another doctor, and a lot of research looking for a new doctor, we have been so happy with Dr. Conway. She is a great communicator, very hands-on, and we've had a great experience while under her care. Dr. Conway is fantastic.
To ask a lot of questions and advocate for yourself (this would be my advice with any doctor). Dr. Conway was very open and willing to discuss everything we asked about... even if it wasn't relevant and she was just educating us. Other things that were relevant may not have come up had we not done our own research and asked questions.
We went straight to IVF with Dr. Conway due to failed IUI and failed cycles using Clomid. Initially (while seeing a different doctor) we were diagnosed with unexplained infertility; it was Dr. Conway that explained normal sperm count and ovarian reserve (based on AMA level), etc. It was only after seeing Dr. Conway that we felt like we had actual answers... We had both male factor (low sperm count--less than 200k) and female issues (low ovarian reserve--AMH of 0.5). Our IVF consisted of a 9 day stim cycle--2 vials of menopure and 300 units follistim daily/added in 1 shot of ganirelix the last 4 days. I had an egg retrieval on day 10 (it was moved up 1 day early because my folicles were pretty big). Retrieval resulted in 19 eggs, but only 4 were mature and could be fertilized using ICSI the same day. The next day, 2 more became mature and were able to fertilized via ICSI, for a total of 6 mature eggs that were fertilized. Our day 3 report was that all 6 eggs were at the 8 cell stage, right where they should be at that time frame, and looked to be progressing well! We were over the moon. Then our 5 day report came and it looked as though only 4 of the 6 were going to make it, a few of which were barely hanging on. They told us they wanted to to give it 1 more day, so we were hopeful. By day 6, the report was that we only had 1 make it to the blastocyst stage, and luckily it was that it is a perfect grade. We sent it off for PGS and it came back healthy so our transfer is scheduled for this upcoming cycle, just a few weeks away.
Monitoring appointments were always done in the morning, which was great for me because I could just go right before work. I rarely had to wait more than a few minutes or so and it was a well-oiled machine. I was usually in and out in under 25 minutes for ultrasound and under 10 minutes for just bloodwork.
We went with a 2 cycle package program through Attain... The cost was $23,400 and it included everything: all IVF monitoring appointment, ICSI, embryo biopsy, unlimited transfers, and 1 year of storage--had we ended up with more embryos. It did not include the cost of prescriptions or PGS.
We only ended up with one embryo to transfer so it wasn't a conversation we got to have.
Murray

The nurses [at Utah Fertility Center] were very nice and welcoming to any questions and helping me along the way...Good personable staff. I would like to see them answer questions via phone faster. It would take hours (most likely until the end of the day) until i would get a response to a question. Their online portal was nice to email questions but again was unpredictable as to when i would hear back....Getting prescriptions was a pain to deal with insurance. I had a situation where they would not refill a prescription because of the way they wrote the initial one.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The nurses were very nice and welcoming to any questions and helping me along the way.
Most of the nurses were awesome! There were some that seemed too busy to answer questions. I would have to leave a message and wait hours before i could get an answer.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
I was only able to meet and discuss with Dr. Gurtcheff once at the beginning of treatments. From there on out i saw her nurses and she reviewed my files and led them to the direction that i should go with meds/treatments. I had the option to have her perform my last ultrasound before graduating the clinic but it was too expensive since this is not covered by my insurance.
I would have liked to see her more/hear her opinion in person
We started out less aggressive with oral medications and she slowly increased the dosage until we exhausted every trial. Dr. Gurtcheff then moved me to injectables where she ran blood test to determine the best injection to use with the right amount of mg. She wanted to stimulate my ovaries but not overdo it which makes sense. The injectables finally produced a follicle for a cycle treatment.
Trials were different costs. Timed intercouse was roughly $500 but with medications more around $700. IUI was around $800 and with medications more around $1000 every trial.
Pleasant Grove

I know my phone consult was $300. ... I actually never visited the clinic in person since the first IUI was cancelled due to my thin uterine lining. However, everytime I called they were very polite, compassionate and helpful. My tests were done at facilities in Idaho and the UFC was more than helpful in getting the test orders to me or the facility doing the tests.