Genetic counseling: Offered
(208) 529-2019
5296 Commerce Dr.
Murray, UT 84107
Pleasant Grove
1446 W. Pleasant Grove Blvd.
Pleasant Grove, UT 84062
676 South Bluff
St. George, UT 84770
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Utah Fertility Center to a friend?

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, PCOS
The nursing staff [at Utah Fertility Center- Idaho Falls] were great! They helped me with all the questions I had upon scheduling and any questions I had about our upcoming cycle. They were all so amazing and showed such great care as well..., The clinics strengths and weaknesses are listed below based on my experience Strengths: very compassionate and caring Weakness: can sometimes be very busy in getting an answer in regards to a question you called about earlier, may take a few days to get a response
East Asian, South Asian, Ashkenazi Jewish, Latino, Black or African-American, Middle Eastern, Native American, Other, Prefer not to answer
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway was more than happy to answer all the questions we had and after every question she asked us if we had any others, like there was an unlimited amount of time she could visit with us. She showed such care and was willing to listen to all of the treatment we would like to proceed with and made suggestions and/or agreements. She made us feel so comfortable and we have such great trust in her care. She is so amazing. After 4 years of unexplained infertility she gave us both diagnoses as to why we can’t get pregnant on our own and why (when I did get pregnant with medication assistance), miscarried. She has amazing bed side manner. I wish we would have decided to see her sooner in our infertility journey.
The nursing staff were great! They helped me with all the questions I had upon scheduling and any questions I had about our upcoming cycle. They were all so amazing and showed such great care as well.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dont be afraid to speak your mind or ask questions. She encourages them and is so kind to answer them all in a way that you will understand.
Describe the protocols Deirdre Conway used in your cycles at Utah Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Dr. Conway saw my husband and I for a consultation for IVF after 4 years of unexplained infertility. She first looked at our history and diagnosed us both and explained why we can’t get pregnant on our own. She mapped out different options of treatment for us and we discussed each one in depth. We decided to go with IVF due to my low ovarian reserve, previous miscarriages, and best chance of conceiving and delivering a healthy baby. We plan to do IVF in July of 2019. We are planning to do ICSI, and PGS testing on our embryos.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center.
For our IVF protocol we are expected to pay roughly $21,000 for all the expenses.
Describe Deirdre Conway's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Utah Fertility Center.
We have not discussed this topic yet. We want to wait until my egg retrieval and see how many embryos we get that are normal and decide from there.
Idaho Falls

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center.

Tubal Blockage, Other
It’s a great clinic [Utah Fertility Center] everyone is so nice and they remember you and you feel welcomed. I bring my daughter every time and they help me and make sure that she is comfortable in the room while I proceed with the exam. The nurses who have done my baseline have been so nice and genuine when interacting with me during my appointment. Even the lab nurse who draws my blood is so nice and remembers me and is friendly to be around. I don’t have any weaknesses to point out
Tubal Blockage, Other
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
It’s a great clinic everyone is so nice and they remember you and you feel welcomed. I bring my daughter every time and they help me and make sure that she is comfortable in the room while I proceed with the exam. The nurses who have done my baseline have been so nice and genuine when interacting with me during my appointment. Even the lab nurse who draws my blood is so nice and remembers me and is friendly to be around. I don’t have any weaknesses to point out
She truly cares about you and all the emotions that I feel during this process. She listens and explains things and the steps to take next
They are so great ! They listen and explain when needed and they are so nice
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
I have loved Dr Conway ever since we starting seeing her. I was seeing a reg OBGYN and wasn’t being heard and just drove to the PG office and my husband and I were able to get in right away and it was so nice to sit down and talk to her. She explained different options to us and she made sure we understood what they were. I have had a problem with a functioning cyst and elevated estrogen levels and it’s been difficult but she has been there helping us and even has called and just chatted about my situation and how I was doing. Just today I talked to her and it was nice and reassuring when I has previous struggling with my situation
Just talk to her whenever you have any concern she listens and is right there
I had some base line tests done that showed I had a blocked ovary and low egg count and a functioning cycst . I have had quite a few baseline appt to start an IUI but with the functioning cycst and elevated estrogen we have tried different ways of getting the number down. My next step is to go in next cycle and do a baseline and if my number is under a certain limit then we are proceeding forward with the IUI
Sorry I don’t remember
This isn’t a route my husband and ainare doing right now
Pleasant Grove

The ultrasound tech [at Utah Fertility Center] was great! I learned so much from her and she did a great job...The clinic is very clean and pleasant to be in...Dr. Conway and her staff really made sure that I felt like I understood everything that was going on, and really took the time to explain the process and terminology, as well as the status of my embryos. They treated me great when I was emotional. They were always so nice and happy to see their patients. They went above and beyond to get me the medicines that I needed.
European, Latino
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic is very clean and pleasant to be in. The only concern I can think of is that it is the second closest clinic is 4 hours away, so while many patients lived close by, I did drive an hour to get there and had to work hard to make up my time at work
They were so nice!! And very helpful! They were excited to see you, and did what they could to work with insurance to make sure medications were at the lowest cost. They were great at letting me know what to expect, and they give a great detailed calendar of all dates, medication times, and will show you how to do your own shots
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway has the best bedside manner, and the kind of personality that makes you feel comfortable and that you are in the right hands. She is great at explaining the process and answered all questions I had to my satisfaction. During the procedures she explained what was going on, and when available, would point out what was going on on the monitor screens so I didn’t miss the “magical” moment when my embryo transferred. I live in Idaho, and she works primarily out of Utah, so sometimes scheduling was difficult, but for most of the appointments, her staff was more than capable of handling my situation. Also because she is out of state, they schedule all their patients for egg retrievals on the same day so she can make the trip up. I was fine with it, but if you are anxious about starting IMMEDIATELY, that might not happen if you have to wait for their next treatment cycle. I ended up driving down to Utah do my embryo transfer.
Ask a ton of questions! Don’t be afraid of how silly it may seem. Be direct in telling her your expectations and she and her staff will deliver!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Utah Fertility Center.
The ultrasound tech was great! I learned so much from her and she did a great job not only telling me what was going on, but showing m on the monitor. She also made you feel special and really celebrated with you, even though this is an everyday occurrence for her.
Price of procedure, which you can ask for an estimate ahead of time, as well as medication, which you can get an estimate from your insurance. I didn’t have to pay a copay, but bloodwork every visit and ultrasounds every visit needed payment, but with our insurance the price was super minimal
She wanted to transfer as little embryos as possible. Since I was healthy and young, and our problem was mainly male factor, she advised we do one embryo transfer, and it worked!
Idaho Falls

I would love them [Utah Fertility Center- Murray] more if they weren’t always rushing patients. I would want to know more what’s happening and what the pills or procedure will do for me. They should be more responsive on their patient portal. I almost missed a cycle waiting for their reply.... During procedures they weren’t telling me enough about what’s going on like HSG or the water ultrasound. They would just tell me come back and we will schedule you for another appointment! Please just tell me what’s happening.
South Asian, Other
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I would love them more if they weren’t always rushing patients. I would want to know more what’s happening and what the pills or procedure will do for me. They should be more responsive on their patient portal. I almost missed a cycle waiting for their reply.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
It’s mostly from her team. They would just give me my calendar and not explain anything especially when I got my HSG it was painful and they were not comforting. My IUI’s (I have a tilited uterus and they wouldn’t ask for help when trying to attempt to put the catheter in)
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
I’ve only seen her once. That was only for the consultation. I understand she is a busy woman but it would be nice to have your doctor perform or explain treatment plan for that cycle. I would love to see her more often for appointments. I’m a little nervous for IVF so hopefully she will be the one explaining the process and be performing the treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Come in with questions, always be communicate with her staff, and don’t be afraid to tell them anything.
Describe the protocols Shawn Gurtcheff used in your cycles at Utah Fertility Center and their degree of success.
My last cycle for IUI - I was taking Clomid 2.5 mg, Fermara 7.5 mg Dexamethasone, and for ovulation I toke Pregnyl.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center.
Spent $500 for timed intercourse, spent $1000 (including medicine) for one IUI, other two IUIs were covered by insurance but probably spent $200 on medicine each cycle.

3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other, Unexplained
For the most part, the nurses and staff were really great to work with [at Utah Fertility Center]. I feel like I had a better overall experience with my nurses that were assigned to my FET cycles rather than my fresh. Occasionally, I felt like it was difficult to get in touch with the staff, and often felt like I was leaving voicemails rather than actually speaking to someone the first time I called. I do think that they organized my cycles really well, and they were good about getting medications called in in an appropriate time frame. The only complaint I think I had was sometimes, I waited longer in the waiting room, even though I had appointments, than I should have. But that's to be expected.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic is clean and organized. It's very welcoming. The baby pictures offer hope, and bring a smile to your face even when you're feeling hopeless. I live in Salt Lake City and I Loved how I could have all my blood draws and ultrasounds done at the Murray clinic (which is conveniently close to my house). This made each cycle so much easier to navigate. The amount of appointments per cycle is crazy, and it would not have worked as well if I would have had to drive to Pleasant Grove for every single one. The egg retrieval, HSG testing and embryo transfers were all done at the Pleasant Grove center. The PG clinic is very clean and I like the layout of it. Both clinics are conveniently located close to the freeway. I would always recommend going in comfy clothes when you go for your retrievals and transfers. Wear pants that are lose and comfortable because most likely, you'll go home and sleep/rest for a few days. Also, always, always, always wear socks! Warm feet= warm uterus! :) But for real, it's just better to have socks on when you're walking around the rooms in bear feet.
Dr. Gurtcheff was extremely patient and sensitive to our needs and emotions the entire time. Unexplained infertility is a very emotional and taxing diagnosis. When you don't know why it's not working; its as frustrating to the doctor as it is for the patient. Dr. Gurtcheff was genuinely upset each failed cycle. She took additional time to help us through each failed cycle, and spent hours explaining as much as possible. Even though we were not successful, I love Dr. Gurtcheff and when we are ready to try again (for a complete new cycle and egg retrieval), I would go back to her in a heartbeat. Another thing I have to mention is that she always took the time to call me directly, rather than having her nurses do it.
For the most part, the nurses and staff were really great to work with. I feel like I had a better overall experience with my nurses that were assigned to my FET cycles rather than my fresh. Occasionally, I felt like it was difficult to get in touch with the staff, and often felt like I was leaving voicemails rather than actually speaking to someone the first time I called. I do think that they organized my cycles really well, and they were good about getting medications called in in an appropriate time frame. The only complaint I think I had was sometimes, I waited longer in the waiting room, even though I had appointments, than I should have. But that's to be expected. In all honesty, 1 in 8 couples struggle with infertility, and we are in Utah, where more people are having families. I think that the clinic is extremely busy and I think they do the best they can to juggle the patient volume. I never felt like I was being ignored or like I wasn't a priority. Every patient there is there for the same reason I was; to have a baby.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
My husband and I started out seeing Dr. Peterson with the University of Utah. We had all three cycles of IUI with him. When we started into the IVF process, things got really messy and we knew that it wasn't the right fit. So we decided to do our homework. We had some good friends who had been to Utah Fertility Center, and had loved their experience. So we decided to set up a consult with Dr. Gurtcheff. Right away, we felt completely comfortable with her and even though we were taking this huge leap in the fertility world; we felt confident that we would be successful with her and she would guide us through the process each step. Dr. Gurtcheff was very confident that we would be successful. We were the "picture perfect" candidates for IVF and even though I had low egg reserve, we were sure that we would be successful on the 2nd or 3rd cycle. We started into our cycle, and I began injections, medications, daily appointments, etc. My body responded really well and I was one of the lucky ones who didn't have too many side effects from all the hormones. I did end up having to stem for an extra two days, so i did a total of 12 days of injections. Normally, I didn't see Dr. Gurtcheff for the ultrasounds (these were performed by the Nurse Practitioners or PA's). So on the day of egg retrieval, I was very excited to see our doctor again. She was very sensitive to my needs, taking the time to go over any questions we had before the retrieval. She was very kind and caring, almost nurturing in a way. This process is scary, and she helped ease our minds. The egg retrieval went really well, and we ended up with 17 follicles. Over the course of the 5 days, we ended up with 7 perfectly healthy embryos. So we felt very fortunate. We did not do PGS testing because we didn't really fit the bill. Looking back now, I wish so badly we would have. We proceeded with a 5 day fresh transfer and transferred 1 embryo. We froze the remainder. One thing I want to mention here is that I have a history of having an inadequate cervix (I had two surgeries on my cervix in the past). Dr. Gurtcheff was extremely concerned about this and took all the appropriate measures to ensure that we were handling the situation appropriately. She did not feel comfortable transferring more than 1 embryo at a time where we did not know how my cervix would hold up under pressure. I felt very confident in her expertise and knowledge, as well as comforted knowing she had my best interest in mind. The first cycle was unfortunately unsuccessful, but we had been prepared that might be the case. We didn't let us deter us, and we pressed forward. The first frozen transfer went smoothly; again, Dr. Gurtcheff was fabulous and walked us through the procedure. We chatted through the transfer like old friends. Fast forward... the second transfer also failed. We were all perplexed, but we still felt hopeful because we had 5 frozen embryos still and knew our chances continued to increase with each subsequent transfer. We proceeded with our third transfer (second FET). With hopeful hearts, we waited the 2 weeks (anyone in the fertility world knows that this is the worst 2 weeks ever and truly feels like a lifetime). The wait was finally over, we got the call and we were ecstatic to find out that we were pregnant! FINALLY pregnant! After 3 years of infertility. I can honestly say that is probably the happiest day of my life. Dr. Gurtcheff was excited for us and we started to prepare for the next step. A week later, I went in for an HCG test to make sure my levels were still rising. Unfortunately, they had not, and in fact, they had dropped. I was having a miscarriage and the pregnancy was not viable. We were crushed. Just like that, it was taken away from us. With no further answers, we directed our questions to Dr. Gurtcheff, and although she was uncertain why it hadn't worked either, she was sensitive and caring and literally spent almost an hour with me on the phone to comfort me and talk me through possible scenarios as well as new plans to move forward. Moving through the next few cycles was hard, and I was losing hope with each failed round. Dr. Gurtcheff did research and we tried new things, and new medications. We even tried a non-medicated cycle on one of them, and just used my own bodies hormones. We also transferred 2 embryos on another. Unfortunately, for some unknown reason, none of them worked. We never even became pregnant again. At this point, I had been diagnosed with repeated implantation failure. After 6 full transfers, and no successful live births, we had officially shut down and our hearts were broken. We knew we needed to take a break. Dr. Gurtcheff remained compassionate and understanding. We met for a final consult after our last failed round, and we discussed the next plan of action; another retrieval, with PGS testing this time, and a few other tests. One or two more transfers, possibly. Then, we start looking at surrogacy if needed. Statistically, couples are more likely to be successful on their 6th or subsequent transfer. We hold onto that and hold onto the hope that when we are ready to try again, we will be successful and will get our miracle baby. It has been 4 years since we started infertility treatments, and we have not been successful yet. It has been truly the hardest trial of our lives. Even though we were not successful, I can honestly say that Dr. Gurtcheff made the process easier. Infertility is not an easy subject, and I'm sure that going into the profession is not an easy choice. Watching couples be successful is the most rewarding part of their job. But when couples aren't successful, it also negatively affects them, and I believe that Dr. Gurtcheff was sincerely disheartened every time we got a negative result. She felt the emotions with us. We have since taken 7 months off, and we are focusing on other things right now. But when we are ready to try again, we will be returning to Utah Fertility Center and we will see Dr. Gurtcheff. We have invested a lot of money and time, and emotions into this trial, and coming up empty handed has been extremely hard. But we are strong-willed, and are not ready to give up the fight yet.
Make sure you have all the questions you want answered at the time of your consult. Also, inquire about resources; i.e. therapy, help groups, etc. My husband and I didn't really look into these options in the beginning and they would have been very useful throughout the process. I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in the consult, but perhaps it should have been a bigger part of the conversation. Infertility is very taxing on a couple and a marriage.
I sort of already discussed our cycles in detail but some of the specifics I can remember that we did differently: 1) not transferring more than 1 embryo at a time (with the exception of one cycle and only after consulting with my high risk doctor). 2) 5 medicated cycles, and 1 natural cycle 3) Repeated testing (I did 2 HSG tests. Which btw are the WORST). But, when I had my first, i was with a different doctor and they did not put me under and I almost passed out from the pain. When Dr. Gurtcheff did it the second time, she was shocked to learn that they hadn't put me to sleep. We did this the second time and it was a much more pleasant experience. Again, a reason why Dr. Gurtcheff is amazing. 4) We tried a new medication called Neupogen due to repeated implantation failure. 5) We did not do PGS testing on our embryos. We plan to do that when we do our next full cycle.
OH boy.. how can I forget the absorbent costs associated with infertility treatments. hah. From beginning to end, with four years of infertility treatments, we have spent close to 30,000 dollars on TTC. Between medications, IUI, additional testing and actual IVF. Unfortunately, neither of our organizations that we work for, nor do our insurance companies, help with infertility expenses. It's always been a very troubling concept to me. They say where it's elective, it's not covered. But I can vouch for every single woman who struggles to have a child naturally, that being infertile is NOT elective. No one chooses to be diagnosed with infertility. Yes, the process of moving forward with infertility treatment is a choice; but only after couples have exhausted all other options. As women, we are physiologically designed to conceive and carry babies. When that piece of you is broken, it's an internal struggle every day to really believe that something is wrong with you. I wish more insurance companies would consider this. IVF is expensive. But how can you put a price on true happiness; how can you put a price on a child of your own.
Describe Shawn Gurtcheff's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Utah Fertility Center.
We chose to do ICSI and had great results. We got 7 embryos that all made it to the full blastocyst stage and thawed beautifully each time. We did not grade them. But they always looked beautiful under the microscope. Obviously, there is no way to truly know without doing PGS testing.
Pleasant Grove

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center.

I paid $800 per clomid cycle plus the cost of medication. ... They were all so kind! ... The clinic [UFC] itself is super modern and cute which is nice. The entire team is super helpful and empathetic. My only real problem was that no one was upfront with me about the cost. When I called to understand their coding, the lady told me, “That’s just how we do it and won’t change it.” It was pretty frustrating to get a large bill that we weren’t expecting just because they coded things differently. I
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic itself is super modern and cute which is nice. The entire team is super helpful and empathetic. My only real problem was that no one was upfront with me about the cost. When I called to understand their coding, the lady told me, “That’s just how we do it and won’t change it.” It was pretty frustrating to get a large bill that we weren’t expecting just because they coded things differently. I also did struggle with them not addressing my hormonal issue that is now fixed with medication (which I found out through my OB). Other than that, everyone is great!
I loved doctor Conway as a person. She was so kind and empathetic. However, I had a few hormonal problems and a possible blocked tube on my HSG (which through a lap we found is completely blocked) that should have been treated before starting clomid. I felt like I was just another patient doing the typical TI route with zero regards to my hormones and blocked tube.
They were all so kind! I was once stuck on the side of the road on my way to an appointment and called, and they were super understanding and fit me in later during the day.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
I met with doctor Conway only once during the initial consultation which I honestly felt fine with. She was so beyond empathetic in the consultation. When she called to give us the results of our diagnostic work-up, she was clear about the results and was kind when officially diagnosing us with unexplained infertility. She clearly laid out the next steps for us and said to call whenever.
If you’re in the Idaho Falls office not doing IVF, you might not see her super often which honestly wasn’t a big deal for us.
I came in for an ultrasound on day 3, took clomid days 3-7, ultrasound again on day 12, was instructed exactly when to have sex, and then took the trigger shot on day 14. I then took progesterone vaginally. I also had a thin lining one time and was instructed when to take estrogen vaginally before doing the trigger.
I paid $800 per clomid cycle plus the cost of medication.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Unexplained
The nurses at UFC are wonderful! They always return calls in a prompt manner and are very supportive and compassionate. I’ve felt like they are close friends rather than nurses to me. They always explain everything pertaining to my care and make me feel like a priority.... They are compassionate and very knowledgeable. They are supportive and make you feel like a priority. Usually you have to make an appointment in advance since they are in high demand, but I only had to wait two weeks for my first appointment after scheduling. This clinic is amazing and have been by my side since day one.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
UFC is a great clinic! They have a high success rate and are so wonderful to work with. They are compassionate and very knowledgeable. They are supportive and make you feel like a priority. Usually you have to make an appointment in advance since they are in high demand, but I only had to wait two weeks for my first appointment after scheduling. This clinic is amazing and have been by my side since day one. We’re now 3 years and one loss into our journey, and they haven’t given up on us.
Dr. Conway and her nurses always treated us like a human and friend, not just a number. They took the time to hug me when things didn’t work out or hold my hand during tests when I was nervous. After our baby girl was stillborn, they sent us cards and condolences. They’ve vowed to fight with us until we bring our rainbow baby home.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shelby )
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway is kind and compassionate. She is very knowledgeable and covered all of our bases. She explains everything in detail so we can make informed decisions. She’s been so supportive since our loss and we love having someone on our team that is willing to work so hard to help us complete our family and beat infertility.
She’s a wonderful doctor and you will love having her on your side through this journey. Make an appointment as soon as possible since her schedule fills up quickly.
We started with several tests to see if myself or my husband had an underlying condition. When those came back negative, we moved forward with monitoring and a round of clomid with an injection. We needed up ovulating without the trigger shot and got pregnant with a baby girl! I carried her to 34 weeks, but unfortunately had a placental abruption and our baby was stillborn. Dr. Conway performed more testing and exploratory surgery a year and a half later. Currently we are working with Dr. Conway doing more testing and looking at our options of using a gestational carrier.
We paid less than $500 out of pocket for our Clomid cycle with Dr. Conway. This included testing, monitoring, semen analysis, medications and injections. Our insurance covered several things that we weren’t expecting.
Dr. Conway has advised us to only transfer one embryo if we were to use IVF treatment, because of my risk of placental abruption. It would be safer to have s Singleton than multiples for my health and our baby.
Pleasant Grove

They’d [Utah Fertility Center] are all kind and seem to make each patient a priority. I never ever felt like a number. And every question I’ve had was always answered timely and thoroughly. They are always working hard and seem to be very happy and focused while being kind to patients and each other. They are well organized too. ... Chelsea always made the time for each patient and made them feel important. ... She is positive and helpful and on the ball. Very organized.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They’d are all kind and seem to make each patient a priority. I never ever felt like a number. And every question I’ve had was always answered timely and thoroughly. They are always working hard and seem to be very happy and focused while being kind to patients and each other. They are well organized too.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
They all knew my name and the nurse though busy, was reliable about returning calls. Sometimes it was later (6pm) but she would call! The office seemed to care and be working hard for their patients. I was never rushed around. They have always sought to find answers for me, whether quick questions about a drug or Dr. Foulk taking the time to really answer something thoughtfully and knowledgeably.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Chelsea)
Chelsea always made the time for each patient and made them feel important. Several times I met with Dr. Foulk and he set forward a plan and Chelsea was ready at the moment to enact it. She is positive and helpful and on the ball. Very organized.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He is patient and understanding. He explains thing very clearly and doesn’t drone on. He is calm and doesn’t give false hope, but gave more like an action plan of “this is how we’re going to attack this problem.” He did each procedure for me, taking the time to do it right and was very skilled as well. He is an expert and quite knowledgeable without being condescending. I felt like I could ask alll of my questions and not be rushed or made to feel silly.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Endure and be patient with the process. . I have flown across states to see him and it is worth the time and effort !
Describe the protocols Russell Foulk used in your cycles at Utah Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We only did an FET with Dr. Foulk (x2) but he was the only doctor I had positive pregnancy tests with (he is the third doctor I saw).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center.
I don’t remember exactly but an FET including medications was about $4000.
Pleasant Grove

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center.

They [Utah Fertility Center] have extended hours which means if I can book my appointment far enough in advance then I can schedule an early or late appointment and not miss any work. ... It’s typically not too difficult to schedule appointments over the phone and only rarely have I not reached someone when calling the front desk. ... The front desk staff have always been personable.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They have extended hours which means if I can book my appointment far enough in advance then I can schedule an early or late appointment and not miss any work. The front desk staff have always been personable. It’s typically not too difficult to schedule appointments over the phone and only rarely have I not reached someone when calling the front desk. It has also always been easy to pay my balance, however t does sometimes take a while for the bill to be posted.
I have always been reminded that this is my journey and my body and as such I control that journey and what we do and do not do. I have stage 4 endometriosis and my doctor is the one that performed the surgery to remove some large cysts and make the diagnosis of endometriosis and she has always been upfront about what that meant for us and how we move forward with fertility treatments.
They have always been incredibly nice and helpful when I have been in the office. They have been more difficult to communicate with while I have been away from the office. They aren’t especially quick to return calls when I have had questions. With that being said, now that we are doing ivf we have been assigned a nurse/coordinator who has been incredibly easy to talk to and coordinate with and she is always quick to return phone calls.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr Gurtcheff has always been happy to talk through any questions I’ve had and explain any of the treatments we were moving forward with. She has been clear in communicating our next steps when previous treatments didn’t work. When simply taking clomid and timing intercourse didn’t work after the third try she suggested we move to the next step trying an IUI so we didn’t waste our money on something we felt fairly confidently wouldn’t work. She has been patient with our hesitations and been willing to go with our plan and desires when they did not match her suggestions, but has been clear about what we can expect if we adjust our plan and try something new. After 3 failed IUI attempts she suggested that we move on to ivf with the better odds for those in our situation, but was very patient when we waited for 6 months taking a break and deciding what we wanted to do. When we did decide to move forward with ivf after another bad summer of cysts and growing endometriosis she was quick to adjust the plan to accommodate the growing severity of my endometriosis and suggested a specialist who could perform surgery this time to remove my cysts while preserving and keeping my right ovary, and was involved at each step (minus the actual surgery). While we are just now starting the actual process of our first round of ivf I feel confidently that Dr Gurtcheff will continue to support and treat me to the best of her ability, with her best plan for my own situation.
Come prepared with questions and don’t hesitate in asking anything. She’s so happy to answer questions, but can’t predict all of them. And there are no stupid questions, ever.
In my first three months of treatments I started with a baseline appointment and then took clomid for 5 days, had another ultrasound to check the stimulation of my follicles. When the timing was right following that second ultrasound I would give myself the hcg trigger shot and then my husband and I would have sex 12 and 24 hours after the shot. I then took progesterone suppositories until my blood test to confirm if I was pregnant or not. The following treatment was the same except that rather than my husband and I having sex we did the interuterine insemination, but the timing and medication was the same. I then had my first laparoscopic surgery to diagnose and clean up my endometriosis. Following the surgery we did two more rounds of the IUI but used femara instead of clomid as it is supposed to be better for women with endometriosis. None of the treatments were successful so we took a break over the summer while we were doing some traveling, and to give my body some rest. We will be doing our first round of ivf in a month.
The Cycle of clomid, with a trigger shot, and times intercourse, we paid around $300 a month. Each IUI cycle cost $1000.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
This [Utah Fertility Center-Pleasant Grove] is an extremely high volume, busy Clinic. As with many doctor offices, expect to have long wait times in the waiting room, but for the most part, the office did well responding to calls and emails with questions.... I dont remember the Dr talking to us about eSET specifically but I do remember her nurse calling to ask us how many embryos we wanted transferred. I was annoyed that this wasn't discussed with the doctor when the nurse told me that they recommend only one embryo be transferred. She, the nurse, vaguely reviewed why the doctor recommended only one Embryo transfer because we had all of our embryos not only graded, but biopsied
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
This is an extremely high volume, busy Clinic. As with many doctor offices, expect to have long wait times in the waiting room, but for the most part, the office did well responding to calls and emails with questions.
It's been many years I've undergone fertility treatments. There was one time I almost switched doctors because I felt the clinic staff was not getting back to me and I didn't know what the next step was and Conway didn't seem to have answers for me. Even so, I stuck with it and became persistent and am glad I stayed with Conway
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Amberlie)
Honestly, and this was only my experience, I did not like or get along with my nurse coordinator. There was a time that I asked if there was someone different I could work with, and there wasn't I would have to change doctors. I continued to work with this nurse coordinator even though our personalities did not mesh
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
I could tell Dr Conway had the knowledge and background experience but there were still times during the course of multiple treatments that I felt confused about treatment and didn't have answers. This may have been bc she flat out didn't have answers for me or as a patient, I didn't understand. I work in the health field and know that patients hear what they want to hear at times
Not to give up if you don't get the results you want. And if you do and IVF and it fails, absolutely ask about the ERA biopsy. It was a game-changer for us
We had 2 unsuccessful frozen transfers and then the Dr told us about the ERA biopsy. It's not very well known or studied so it was definitely a risk but to us, it was well worth it. This changed the window of implantation which resulted in my first positive pregnancy test, which I miscarried. We tried one last time with our last embryo and it has resulted in a successful pregnancy. I also appreciated that since we moved from AZ and transferred records from a different fertility doctor, she reviewed those records and saw we had already done multiple IUIs. We discussed the possibility of doing a few more IUIs and after a lot of discussion and reviewing medical studies, I was glad that she didn't have us waste any more time or money on IUIs
I was a unique case and was part of a drug study for the egg retrieval so I didn't have any cost associated with that part. The cost of subsequent transfers, meds, ultrasounds and visits added to be around $4500 each cycle
I dont remember the Dr talking to us about eSET specifically but I do remember her nurse calling to ask us how many embryos we wanted transferred. I was annoyed that this wasn't discussed with the doctor when the nurse told me that they recommend only one embryo be transferred. She, the nurse, vaguely reviewed why the doctor recommended only one Embryo transfer because we had all of our embryos not only graded, but biopsied. The first two transfers we did only transfer one embryo with no success, but the next two we transferred multiple and in our case this was the best option for success. I still have not had a pregnancy with multiples

2012 - 2018
She [nurse at Utah Fertility Center] does an ok job, but is sometimes slow to get back to me. She doesn't always know what is going on with my cycle and is a little too clinical for me. She is nice enough, but not my favorite...I was given incorrect information after my HCG blood test. The first test came back low, so I knew the outcome might not be good. I had a repeat test done and the wrong number was written on my chart (or the doctor read it wrong) and the coordinator called me to say it was going up and things were looking good. The doctor called me later that night to correct the mistake and tell me that my numbers were not as high as first reported and that I would likely still miscarry.
2012 - 2018
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I like that the clinic is small, but they have several locations so I can always get in to be seen in a timely manner. The billing department seems a bit unorganized. I like that I can communicate easily with my doctor. I like that my doctor has done all my procedures.
Dr. Gurtcheff is kind and compassionate. She seems genuinely invested in helping me see a good outcome. She is easy to meet with, available at several locations and over the phone or via email. She listens and is honest about the probability of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Mallory Oliverson)
She does an ok job, but is sometimes slow to get back to me. She doesn't always know what is going on with my cycle and is a little too clinical for me. She is nice enough, but not my favorite.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
I was first a patient of Dr. Gurtcheff's in 2012 after trying to get pregnant for over a year. I was seeing her in Pleasant Grove and then saw her in Murray when they opened their location there. I did 3 rounds of Clomid and two IUIs with injectables and was not able to get pregnant. When she recommended we move on to IVF, we moved to MA and continued our care there, under Dr. Zimon. I resumed my care with Dr Gurtcheff when we wanted to try for another pregnancy with our frozen embryos. We moved our embryos from Boston to UT. I lost both of those embryos, so now we are pursuing donated embryos in hopes of a successful pregnancy.
Stay up to date on current research, ask all your questions.
I did 3 rounds of Clomid in 2012. I always responded to meds and had 1-2 mature follicles, but no pregnancy. I did 2 IUI cycles with her as well, both with injectable meds. My husband has good sperm counts, but neither IUI was successful. My AMH was low and dropping, so it was recommended we move on to IVF, which we did (but with another clinic and doctor out of state). For my FET cycles, I took estradiol valerate to prep for FET and PIO to help support pregnancy. My first transfer had a positive pregnancy test, but HCG levels were low and never went up appropriately. I had an early miscarriage after verifying via ultrasound no viable pregnancy. Dr. Gurtcheff did a full round of bloodwork to check for factors that could cause repeat pregnancy loss (nothing found) and I had an endometrial biopsy done. My second FET was similar to the first and resulted in a successful pregnancy until 13 weeks when I developed a SCH that caused me to miscarry. She was supportive of us trying IVF with our own eggs again, but my insurance denied coverage due to high FSH levels, so we are pursuing donated embryos at this time.
FET was $2900.
Murray

the nurses and doctors are always friendly. I would highly recommend UFC I have been appreciative and thrilled with the level of care they have given...The Nurses were very good with treatment. We were very worried about some of the side effects and things going on after transfer. We were given a lot of “tough love”. But I never felt like we were not getting the support and care we needed.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The only thing that was rough about treatment was the clinic is in Pleasant Grove and we live in Davis County. The drive is long. Though it is a part of the process having a pharmacy in Boston makes getting the meds on time frustrating. Other then that the nurses and doctors are always friendly. I would highly recommend UFC I have been appreciative and thrilled with the level of care they have given.
Dr Gurtcheff has been an amazing doctor throughout this whole process. She has been extremely open and honest with us. She has provided the proper care and attention that my wife has needed. Though we have not been successful yet I have always felt that Dr Gurtcheff has done everything possible for the best results and that gives peace of mind.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr Gurtcheff has been a very caring and attentive doctor. I never got the feeling like she wasn’t doing everything she could to get us a baby. She always listened and responded appropriately to all of our concerns.
The hardest part of the whole process is allowing yourself to listen to advice and go in with proper expectations.
Our first attempt did not lead to a successful collection. The amount of menopur that was given was not sufficient to get good follicle growth. The 2nd time we got good results from the dosage but also were worried about overstimulation. After that we went into retrieval.
Our full cycle ended up costing roughly around 13k as I remember it. Through grants, personal spending, and insurance.
Dr Gurtcheff gave her advice but was very open to our wishes and desires. She gave us the odds and explained the pros and cons to both. But respected what we wanted.
Pleasant Grove

The IUI procedure and sperm wash [at Utah Fertility Center] was roughly $900. Blood work was billed to my insurance. Dr. Conway waived the consultation fee...was quick to get into, the staff is incredibly friendly, and the pricing is very comparative to the other fertility clinics in the area. Staff move around from the different clinics often, so you will see new faces...Dr. Conway sincerely listened to our concerns and questions. She created a fertility plan that reflected our wants and needs rather than just creating a generic plan. Due to our age and male factor infertility, we wanted
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Utah Fertility Clinic was quick to get into, the staff is incredibly friendly, and the pricing is very comparative to the other fertility clinics in the area. Staff move around from the different clinics often, so you will see new faces.
Dr. Conway sincerely listened to our concerns and questions. She created a fertility plan that reflected our wants and needs rather than just creating a generic plan. Due to our age and male factor infertility, we wanted to get aggressive quickly. Dr. Conway created a plan we are in the middle of and happy about. Also has been easy to reach and personable.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway was incredibly helpful in our fertility planning. We came to her with a bunch of questions as well as an idea of what we wanted to do for our fertility plan. Dr. Conway created a fertility plan that checked all our boxes and progresses quickly (per our direction). We did two IUI's - one with mild medication (resulting in chemical pregnancy) and a second IUI with more aggressive medication (negative pregnancy test). We have since started our planning for IVF in January 2019. Dr. Conway has answered every single question (no matter how ridiculous) quickly and has been compassionate and kind.
Be honest with yourself and your doctor about how aggressive you would like to go and how quickly you'd like to get aggressive. Don't default into a fertility plan that isn't customized to you.
Dr. Conway began me on 10mg of Letrozole for both my 1st and 2nd IUI procedures. The second procedure also included two shots of medication and then my HCG shot. Also put both myself and husband on vitamins.
The IUI procedure and sperm wash was roughly $900. Blood work was billed to my insurance. Dr. Conway waived the consultation fee.

PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
She [nurse at Utah Fertility Center] answers questions via email and has given me great support...IUI was $875 plus lab work which i dont know yet. Medications were $420...Clinic is clean and nicely decorated. It has a really welcoming feel. Everyone is friendly and look to be happy to be at work. They donated a full ivf grant to a local charity this year which is super generous. Rooms are inviting and bright. I never have to wait very long which I greatly appreciate.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
He spent a lot of time explaining to us what was wrong and how we go about fixing it. He gave us statistics. He kept us hopeful but was realistic at the same time. He didnt use medical speak and explained everything so anyone would understand. He met with us numerous times along our journey and even came in on a Sunday to do a consultation since he was booked out really far and we didnt want to delay our IUI cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Danica (coordinator))
When I was going through some cycle issues before my first surgery I had the same nurse and saw her almost every other day for 2 weeks. She was on top of my care and treatment and fit me in when needed. She was awesome. I have had numerous nurses since then which has been fine. I dont need the same nurse to do each ultrasound or bloodwork. They follow up by the end of the day and are great. Danica is the coordinator and has been wonderful. She answers questions via email and has given me great support.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He really is worth the wait to see him. There is a reason he is hard to get into, he is just that great. He has made this process so much better from previous doctors. He found our main problem that was never addressed and worked to fix it he is thorough and there when he needs to be. He doesnt need to be at every ultrasound or blood work. I have had a lot of ultrasounds. He is there for the important meetings and reviews every appointment the same day even when he is out of town and on weekends. I fully trust in him and the plan he has put us on. That is something I have never been able to say before.
Trust in his plan and dont be afraid to ask questions. He is worth the wait to get into.
I started with an HSG test which found lots (50+) polyps and possible blocked tube. I did a saline ultrasound to confirm and get lining measured. I had my first surgery in May 2018. I took birth control before surgery and he adjusted my thyroid medication and added 2000 mg of metformin a day prior to surgery. Went in for another ultrasound after surgery about a month later and he found scar tissue and a couple more polyps. Scar tissue since my surgery was so drastic. Scheduled another surgery which was in August. After surgery I was put on a zpack and estradiol. Started ovaboost at the same time. My husband and I both added fish oil and COQ10. After 21 days of estrodiol started 10 days of progesterone to get to cycle day 1 of iui. IUI is with 5 days of clomid and injectables. Monitoring throughout and trigger shot cd16. Then progesterone suppositories at night and hopefully a BFP at the end. Fingers crossed since we are in the middle of this cycle. If it doesnt work we will jump into the next cycle back to back to avoid more polyps from growing. After 3 we will reassess if they dont work. Each cycle has a 20 percent chance of working.
My insurance covered diagnostic so they covered 90 percent of ultrasounds and my surgeries. I dont have a deductible. My first surgery was in a hospital and total out of pocket was $1,400. Each water ultrasound was $75 and the HSG was $100. Second surgery was $400 cash for the anesthesia (in office and he doesnt do insurance) the procedure was on insurance and I paid $275 out of pocket. IUI was $875 plus lab work which i dont know yet. Medications were $420. Overall this year I have spent $4000 so far.

2 IUI, 2 IVF, Surrogacy
My care coordinator [at Utah Fertility Center] was friendly enough but I felt she lacked compassion and understanding for my situation. I had scheduled a transfer and then ended up having polyps they found during a water ultrasound and needed to have them removed before transfer and so we had to reschedule the transfer. We requested to wait until the beginning of the year so we could use the polyp removal toward the new insurance deductible. When we called to reschedule she informed me that this is the only time they will let me reschedule
European, Other
2 IUI, 2 IVF, Surrogacy
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
This clinic was really good about telling you your schedule and calling with results of labs same day. They didn't make you feel rushed and allowed you to ask any question. I use the Idaho falls clinic but have had to travel to their Utah clinic for polyp removal and transfer. The Idaho falls clinic does do transfers but only 2-3 times a year. The waiting room in the Utah clinic I remember being really cold but they were in the midst of remodeling so the time and such were not set up like they probably typically would be.
I really like Dr Conway and she was great at discussing options and being understanding of my circumstances and past experiences. She never made me feel rushed in appts and was good at explaining. Her PA Stephanie at her Idaho Falls clinic did rub me wrong a few times in how she handled certain things that came up during my treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie Morgan)
My care coordinator was friendly enough but I felt she lacked compassion and understanding for my situation. I had scheduled a transfer and then ended up having polyps they found during a water ultrasound and needed to have them removed before transfer and so we had to reschedule the transfer. We requested to wait until the beginning of the year so we could use the polyp removal toward the new insurance deductible. When we called to reschedule she informed me that this is the only time they will let me reschedule and if I try to reschedule again they won't allow it. It made me upset because I didn't want to have polyps and have them removed but it wasn't because of a scheduling issue I was rescheduling it was a medical reason. I hadn't ever rescheduled before either so it really frustrated me. She was friendly enough but I felt she lacked compassion for those dealing with infertility. I was really anxious because of my previous losses and at my pregnancy u/s I could tell she thought I was over anxious. I feel like since then when I've seen her she had gained a greater compassion and understanding for infertility. She was more kind and considerate of my feelings.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr Conway was very kind and the first visit she was compassionate about my past losses and infertility journey. I loved that she was open to trying different things for after my transfer as I had had 3 previous transfers that all resulted in miscarriage and so I wanted to do something different and she came up with a plan and thought outside the box and ran additional testing. Because of her recommendations on doing something different I was able to carry my baby past the other pregnancies that lasted only until 7/8 weeks.
Don't wait to schedule she's an amazing doctor.
A month before FET they had me start estradiol valerate 0.15 in evening, I did this twice Week, had Labs and u/s to check lining 2 times before the actual transfer. The week of transfer they have you start progesterone in oil 1mg every morning and progesterone suppository at night. 5 days before transfer they have your take z pack and 4 days before transfer you take medrol 2x a day. The day off transfer I started lovenix shots because in my previous transfers I had started clotting and bleeding at about 7 weeks pregnant so we tried this to help prevent that from happening. After the transfer all meds except the estradiol and progesterone were stopped. Before transfer she also had me on bromocriptine because my prolactin levels were high. All of these things resulted in a pregnancy and I was able to make it past the 7/8 week window where in the past transfer I had miscarried.
Shipping of our embryos to clinic $207.40 Emb storage $500 (per year for years 1-4 and @ year 5 it increases to $750/yr) FET $2700 (meds & blood work are not included) $450 water ultrasound $230 for each OB ultrasound (had 2) $2,420 for biopsy and refreeze of embryo for genetic testing $600 about door meds

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
This clinic [Utah Fertility Center- Pleasant Grove] has great doctors who are knowledgeable and stay updated in the field of fertility. I think that overall, the clinic is professional and organized. My wait time to get in for a consultation was about three weeks, which I feel like was good compared to other clinics. I felt like they were good at returning phone calls whenever I would leave a message to get a hold of someone or to ask a question. I think the only weakness is that their self-pay prices seem astronomical especially when most insurances in Utah do not have fertility coverage. However, this clinic is involved in helping non-profit organizations in Utah fund grants for fertility treatment.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
This clinic has great doctors who are knowledgeable and stay updated in the field of fertility. I think that overall, the clinic is professional and organized. My wait time to get in for a consultation was about three weeks, which I feel like was good compared to other clinics. I felt like they were good at returning phone calls whenever I would leave a message to get a hold of someone or to ask a question. I think the only weakness is that their self-pay prices seem astronomical especially when most insurances in Utah do not have fertility coverage. However, this clinic is involved in helping non-profit organizations in Utah fund grants for fertility treatment.
Dr. Conway was very knowledgeable and took the time to follow up and meet after a protocol did not go as we wanted. When I had both miscarriages, she wanted to meet with us to discuss and explain what changes we could make to our protocol. She is kind, warm, and empathic. She even called me on her personal cell phone over the weekend to let me know what my options were for my second IUI, after having a chemical pregnancy with my first IUI.
Sometimes I left the clinic without a clear explanation on how to get my medication or what the next step would be. There were times when I felt rushed in the transvaginal ultrasound appointments to check the growth of the follicles in my IUI cycles.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway is very knowledgeable and presented information about PCOS in a clear and concise way in our appointments. She answered any questions we had at every step of the way. When my second IUI did not go as planned (they missed my ovulation) she called me over the weekend to give me my options of moving forward. I had two miscarriages and after every time, she met with me to discuss possible reasons for the miscarriage and what changes we could make to my protocol.
Be prepared with questions at every appointment with her since you will most likely be meeting with the nurses during the cycle to do the ultrasounds, IUI, etc.
I did one cycle of Femara and timed intercourse. Since I had done two previous cycles of timed intercourse with my OB, when that cycle didn't work out we moved on to IUI. For my first IUI cycle, I did not respond to Femara at all after five days so I took Clomid for five days. I still did not respond so I took Clomid again for another five days. At that point I had one dominant follicle so I administered my trigger shot and went in the next day for the IUI. That IUI resulted in a chemical pregnancy. For my second IUI I used Clomid again for five days and then did three days of the shot. I had traveled out of town for a few days that week and then came back. They measured my dominant follicle at 14mm when I returned from my appointment. I was instructed to administer the shot twice to stimulate the growth of the follicle. When I went in for my appointment two days later, we had missed the ovulation. Dr. Conway called me that day (it was a Saturday) and told me that we could either do timed intercourse or proceed with the IUI since I may have just ovulated that day. I went with the IUI anyway and that resulted in a negative pregnancy test. For my third IUI, I took five days of Clomid and we increased the dosage of the shot and I administered that for three days. When I went in for my follicle checkup , I was ready to trigger and schedule my IUI. After the two week wait, my results were positive. At seven weeks we heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time. Then the next day I started to bleed heavy and when I went in for my appointment the next week, I had miscarried already.
Over the past year I have had fertility coverage through my insurance. However, I am no longer at that place of employment so moving forward, I will have private insurance with no fertility coverage. With insurance coverage, my IUI cost around $200 for each cycle. Semen analysis for my husband was also covered and most of the ultrasounds and bloodwork were covered. Medications for IUI including trigger shots cost around $250.
Pleasant Grove

The clinic [Utah Fertility Center- Pleasant Grove] was very fast at getting me checked in and also seeing a doctor. Waiting area was very clean and welcoming. I had to take my daughter with me to one of my appointments and everyone was very helpful with her and acted like she was not an inconvenience.... My treatment was put together with input from my other medical doctors. After having my first daughter, I suffered a pulmonary embolism. I am prone to blood clots and that is high risk with high levels of hormones. I am taking an estrogen blocker as well as heparin. Then after the egg retrieval I will take lovinox injections to lower the risk of blood clots.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic was very fast at getting me checked in and also seeing a doctor. Waiting area was very clean and welcoming. I had to take my daughter with me to one of my appointments and everyone was very helpful with her and acted like she was not an inconvenience.
Before meeting Dr G I had talked with another Fertility Dr. He made me feel like I wasn't a good candidate. From the moment I met Dr G she was very caring and made every effort to make me feel comfortable.
Nursing staff made me feel very comfortable with every visit, Whether we were meeting for blood work or ultrasound, they were very professional and caring.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
I was referred to Dr G from my OB/GYN. I trust my OB with my life (She literally saved mine) so I felt very comfortable from the first time meeting her. She had done her research on my particular situation before meeting with me and I could tell that she was interested in lowering all potential risks from my blood issue. She was willing to get all my medical doctors involved to come up with the best plan for me to be successful. I felt like she was going above and beyond for my care and she did it without hesitation. Her genuine care and concern is just one of her best qualities.
Go into your initial appointment with an open mind and heart. That way you will be able to hear and see that she has a genuine love for her job and helping people.
The treatment cost was an IVF cycle With Gestational Carrier
I had already decided that only one embryo would be transferred at a time prior to meeting.

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
I love that Utah Fertility Clinic is involved in helping clients find the best financial solutions to help them afford their fertility treatments. They have a great patient portal that displays your diagnostic results, treatment plan, and bills which is user friendly. They are kind and friendly.... $8,300 for one round of IVF to the clinic and they estimate $3-8,000 for medications/anesthesia/blood work. They offer incentives if you use the Attain IVF program for paying for multiple cycles.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Dr. Foulk is understanding about your personal experience with infertility and relates to the desire the couple has to become parents. He remembers your name and takes time to learn about you as a person and not just your medical history.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Megan)
The nursing staff are prompt at returning my phone calls and emails. They seem highly educated on any question I ask. I am always impressed by their friendliness.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
I was so nervous as we went for our first appointment with Dr. Foulk. He was the third doctor I had seen over the years that I had been trying to conceive. I had sent in my medical records before our appointment and when we arrived I learned that he had taken the time to study our case before we came. We didn’t have to re-focus on all the sad details of our fertility journey so far. Since he had already done his research we were able to spend our first appointment discussing the plans moving into the future. He was very candid about our prognosis and explained all the details the very best. He was so understanding and kind. He made us feel very comfortable.
Send all of your medical records in beforehand so that all parties are ready to discuss treatment options.
Dr. Foulk was able to thoroughly describe the effects my severe endometriosis has had on my reproductive system. He knew that my Fallopian tubes were unable to carry an egg into my uterus and that IVF will be the only way for pregnancy to occur. He has been so good and thorough at explaining the IVF treatment schedule.
Pleasant Grove

St. George is a satellite office [of Utah Fertility Center] so I’m not sure how the rest of it runs but I was always out early, they were able to accommodate my crazy schedule so as for the satellite I don’t see any weaknesses other then never seeing the dr.... Al of my care was facilitated through nursing staff. I worked with Megan and two other nurses. They were great. They listened to my concerns, responded promptly, were kind and compassionate and adjusted protocol as needed
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
St. George is a satellite office so I’m not sure how the rest of it runs but I was always out early, they were able to accommodate my crazy schedule so as for the satellite I don’t see any weaknesses other then never seeing the dr.
Dr. Foulk was the nicest Dr. I’ve encountered over our 5 years of dealing with infertility. He spoke to us like he knew us, he showed genuine concern about the cost of treatment and our best interests.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Megan )
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
I only saw Dr. Foulk once. St George is a satellite office and he works at many different locations. We were extremely happy with our experience with him. He is so nice, he treated us with compassion and listened to our concerns around price. We were there to establish care for embryo donation and he gave us other options that, all though didn’t work, we felt good about trying. He’s a genuinely nice person and I am so thankful I was able to be his patient. I know that may sound weird but after cycling through multiple doctors it was nice to have a doctor speak to me like I knew what I was talking about and not look at me like a cash symbol. He agreed timed intercourse would be a good choice since we were traveling from Vegas to Utah for all appointments, he wanted to help us save time and money while trying to help us get pregnant.
He is a busy man and depending on where you go you probably won’t see him at appointments
We initially wanted to move straight to donor embryos but he wanted to know why we weren’t dying with my eggs. We talked it out and agreed that I had a shot, i’d Gotten pregnant twice on clomid so he didn’t see why we couldn’t try again. Our concern was prove so we went with TI instead of IUI. We ended up doing letrozole and gonal-f with trigger and compounded progesterone suppositories, since I have PCOS getting me to ovulate should have done the trick. I responded slowly even with gonal f so the second round we did more gonal f and more letrozole, still responded slowly but my protocol was adjusted throughout the cycles to add more doses or higher doses.
It’s $525 for monitoring, no additional charge for injectable monitoring. We didn’t do IUI but that was an addition $250 (it could be $225-$275 but I think it was $250) I got my progesterone from a compound pharmacy in st. George and it was $42 for 30. I had to have blood work done for a cyst and it was done at a hospital near by for $75.

3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
The staff is amazing which is why I chose UFC. I had gone to and researched other clinics none of them made me feel as welcomed as UFC. ... Certain doctors do have a longer wait list then others. You have to do a consultation prior to viewing their donor list. You are given a quote on different procedures available and an idea of what other procedures may arise and costs associated. My coordinator has been excellent and very responsive with all my questions. The nurse at transfer was extremely sweet and made me feel 100% comfortable in a not so comfortable setting.
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Certain doctors do have a longer wait list then others. You have to do a consultation prior to viewing their donor list. You are given a quote on different procedures available and an idea of what other procedures may arise and costs associated. This helped me with a ballpark figure of how much it would cost for a FET cycle.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason D. Parker at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr Parker was very sincere during our consultation, FET transfer and after the transfer failed. He provided next step guidance and recommendations we may want to consider. He is very caring and apologized that the first transfer didn’t work.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shelbi )
My coordinator has been excellent and very responsive with all my questions. The nurse at transfer was extremely sweet and made me feel 100% comfortable in a not so comfortable setting. The staff is amazing which is why I chose UFC. I had gone to and researched other clinics none of them made me feel as welcomed as UFC.
How was your experience with Jason D. Parker at Utah Fertility Center?
I have only good Things to say about this doctor. I have only known him a short time and met with him once in person since I do live in California. However, the times I have spoken with him, he’s been extremely thorough and went over everything he did during the transfer as well as options for me to think about for my next transfer.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason D. Parker at Utah Fertility Center?
That he is kind and sincere and since the whole infertility process is an emotional one, you want compassion from you dr and want to know they are doing what they can to get you pregnant.
Describe the protocols Jason D. Parker used in your cycles at Utah Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I was prescribed estrace twice a day for my cycle. The amount did not increase my lining as much as he wanted so my dose was increased during the cycle. I was provided a calendar to follow and was given dates to do my ultrasounds bloodwork. When to start birth control, when to stop, when to stop intense activities, how often I needed to take baby aspirin, when to started progesterone injections and how much, when to begin taking progesterone suppositories. Date of transfer etc. I was also contacted with my results following all labs an next steps prior to transfer and what to expect.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason D. Parker at Utah Fertility Center.
22K but I am still in the process
Describe Jason D. Parker's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Utah Fertility Center.
NA it was my choice to transfer one
Pleasant Grove

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jason D. Parker at Utah Fertility Center.

I have had some excellent NP’s [at Utah Fertility Center- Pleasant Grove] that I feel have really taken their time to help me. When I call in I have a really hard time getting a hold of anyone. I am sure they are busy but sometimes it’s hard when you need to talk to someone. They have been nice.... 525 for timed intercourses 875 for IUI... They are good at getting you in when you need to get in. They will work around your schedule. The lab services have always been very kind. I just wish sometimes I could get someone on the phone. I feel like they are doing what they can for me.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I honestly have felt like I have only been a number. They haven’t asked if I have needed help with money. I haved called many times and it has taken sometimes a couple days to get back to me. That being said I have had some nice NP’s that have wanted to help me any chance they have gotten.
I have had some excellent NP’s that I feel have really taken their time to help me. When I call in I have a really hard time getting a hold of anyone. I am sure they are busy but sometimes it’s hard when you need to talk to someone. They have been nice.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr Foulk has been nice the two times that I have seen him. Sometimes I wish I could be able to talk to him. However most of the times it’s just the nurses that I talk to. He is very kind I just wish i has some more support.
You will only see Dr Foulk for consulations otherwise you will see the nurses. Also be prepared for many examinations. I didn’t know there would be so many. Make sure your voice is heard.
I started out with him in April. I had been taking clomid for 3 months before with my normal OB. They did not do any exams just gave me the clomid. So I went to Dr Foulk. He decided to try me on Clomid for a few more months with timed intercourse trigger shot and progesterone. The first month everything looked fine expect for thin uterine lining. So they gave me estrogen and went along with the cycle. At the time before they triggered me my uterine lining was looking better. Nothing came of that cycle. Next month we had plans to do the same thing but I ended up with a cyst and thin lining. They went a head and did the same thing. No luck. The next month the cyst was still there so we skipped that month. The next month July we tried femara. My lining was better and no cyst. So we went ahead with timed inter course and no luck again. So I went back in for a consultation and decided to try IUI. So I went back on Femera. Everything looked good. Triggered did the IUI and started on progesterone. It didn’t work. Now we are on to our second cycle of IUI. My husband has no problems. We did an HSG no problems there. We aren’t sure at this point why it hasn’t worked.
525 for timed intercourses 875 for IUI

1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
The staff [Utah Fertility Center] is very Friendly, the office is very clean. It’s a very relaxing atmosphere as soon as you walk in. The only bad thing I would say is sometimes when I would go to the Pleasant Grove office the girls at the front desk sometimes were not so friendly and welcoming... Megan always was on top of phone calls responding back to voicemails and emails. Explained everything in detail, handle ordering meds efficiently, over all very efficient and compassionate
1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The staff is very Friendly, the office is very clean. It’s a very relaxing atmosphere as soon as you walk in. The only bad thing I would say is sometimes when I would go to the Pleasant Grove office the girls at the front desk sometimes were not so friendly and welcoming
Dr. Foulk and his entire staff treated us with such compassion and care. Never felt like just a number.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Foulk was very thorough through our whole process. Starting with removing a polyp, explaining all the testing done on the embryos example PG us. After our first failed transfer He looked into other options for us, he went above and beyond to make sure we did everything we could be for the next one. We did two Separate ERA tests to find out how receptive and when my uterus was receptive. Also did a Neupogen Injection prior to second transfer. Unfortunately just yesterday we were told the pregnancy test is negative
To trust him. He knows what he is doing.
The protocol used was starting with estrogen injections, then progesterone injections, second transfer added extra day of progesterone injections because of being pre receptive. Once transfer happened started progesterone suppositories Nightly
$14,000 for IVF cycle $3000 for donor Compensation $3000 for donor meds $2900 for each FET cycle My meds approx $2000 Ultrasounds and labs approx $2000
Describe Russell Foulk's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Utah Fertility Center.
Because of the PGS testing he recommended one embryo transfer at a time

1 Egg Frozen
1 Egg Freezing, IVF, Surrogacy
This clinic [UFC-Pleasant Grove] is known for being less expensive than the other two clinics in the area. Unfortunately in my experience this is because they have a mass amount of patients and do lots of cycles even when the requirements are not met. For example, this clinic does not require you to have a certain BMI or other labs that most other clinics are very strict about. They are lenient and take greater risks with your IVF cycle in order to process you as another patient. At the time I thought it was great that I could get started so quickly given some questions about my overall health, but after a failed cycle I now understand why other clinics have more strict guidelines on BMI, etc.
1 Egg Frozen
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
This clinic is known for being less expensive than the other two clinics in the area. Unfortunately in my experience this is because they have a mass amount of patients and do lots of cycles even when the requirements are not met. For example, this clinic does not require you to have a certain BMI or other labs that most other clinics are very strict about. They are lenient and take greater risks with your IVF cycle in order to process you as another patient. At the time I thought it was great that I could get started so quickly given some questions about my overall health, but after a failed cycle I now understand why other clinics have more strict guidelines on BMI, etc. I do not think UFC is the best Fertility Clinic in Utah and I’m sure their numbers and statistics would prove it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jessie Dorais at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr Dorais is extremely caring and very dedicated to her patients.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lacey )
I was originally given Tonya Canaday as my coordinator but then switched to “Lacey” without even being informed of the switch. Lacey was blunt and rude. She had no compassion or kind words. The only positive of having Lacey was that she emails back usually within an hour unless it’s Saturday-Monday which she has off. Neither Tonya nor Lacey ever answer their phone and Tonya never emails back.
How was your experience with Jessie Dorais at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr Dorais is newer to UFC and she used to work at U of U Fertility. She is extremely optimistic and kind. Unfortunately with this sensitive type of medicine, being overly optimistic about everything isn’t always the best characteristic because it can lead to high hopes and devastating letdowns when the IVF cycle doesn’t work or go as planned. I prefer someone with more years of experience and a more realistic vs optimistic approach.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jessie Dorais at Utah Fertility Center?
Get a second opinion from another doctor and/or clinic before deciding to go with her and UFC. Don’t let your heart talk you into spending that huge amount of money just because she says you have great chances of it working. Sometimes you have to go with your head instead of your heart, and being sweet talked with optimism was unfortunately something that we fell for as a new-to-IVF couple.
Describe the protocols Jessie Dorais used in your cycles at Utah Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Antagonist protocol.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jessie Dorais at Utah Fertility Center.
$11,699 for IVF cycle with ICSI, $200 per embryo for PGS testing, $750 for FDA physical examinations (standard for intended parents using gestational surrogate), and $400 cash UNDER THE TABLE (or $450 on credit card) directly to the anesthesiologist for anesthesia on the day of egg retrieval. Super sketchy there!! Plus all blood work and doctors appointment consult fees.
Describe Jessie Dorais's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Utah Fertility Center.
Dorais is happy doing single or multiple embryo transfers, depending on your personal preference.
Pleasant Grove

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jessie Dorais at Utah Fertility Center.

After the initial meeting with Dr. Conway, every visit I saw Stephanie [a nurse at UFC-Idaho Falls]. Even when the cycle wasn’t going exactly to plan with my follicle not growing enough or my lining being too thin, Stephanie explained what steps we would take to treat it. She made sure to keep us on track and that is really what made our cycle successful.... I then paid $525 for a cycle of Timed Intercourse.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I’ve loved meeting everyone in the clinic. They know who I am and make sure I know what’s going on. Even when I got lost trying to find the clinic on our first visit they got in touch with me and helped me to get there.
Dr. Conway sat down with us on our first visit and asked me about my past experiences and cycles. She talked us through what she thought was the problem and discussed possible treatment options before she confirmed the diagnosis. She made sure that we were following along every step of the way and that we felt comfortable with our treatment plan.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie Morgan, PA)
After the initial meeting with Dr. Conway, every visit I saw Stephanie. Even when the cycle wasn’t going exactly to plan with my follicle not growing enough or my lining being too thin, Stephanie explained what steps we would take to treat it. She made sure to keep us on track and that is really what made our cycle successful.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway was great when she met with us about explaining the problem and how we could treat it. She even did the ultrasound herself (at my previous clinic it would be an ultrasound technician) and showed me what she was seeing. We knew exactly what to expect for our cycle. The only downside is that Dr. Conway lives in Utah and travels to the clinic in Idaho a few times a month. But I wouldn’t let that stop you from seeing her. She communicates with the nurses and looked at all my exam reports to make sure everything was on track.
Don’t hesitate to go in. I was nervous about making the commitment to see an RE and about the price but Dr. Conway decided on a treatment plan for us that she believe would work and was reasonable for us to pay. And we had success on our first cycle with her treatment plan which I really didn’t think would happen.
I took two pills of Femara (I can’t remember the mg) for five days once my uterine lining was thin enough. I went back in to check on my follicles but they hadn’t grown enough so I took 3 pills of Femara for another 5 days and went back in. When I went in one follicle was almost big enough (the nurse said it was only a day or two off) but my uterine lining would be too thin for implantation. I took Estrace three times a day for two days to thicken my lining. On the second day I was instructed to inject Pregnyl (HCG) into my stomach at night. My husband and I had to have sex 12 hours after and 24 hours after. Two days after the injection at night before bed I started taking Progesterone suppositories to ensure that my lining would remain thick for the baby. I went in two weeks after for a blood pregnancy test and it was positive. A week after that I went in for another blood test to make sure my hormones were still rising. This week will be our first ultrasound.
The initial visit was around $200 and then I did some exams that were not done by Utah Fertility Center but luckily my insurance covered most of it although I was told they probably wouldn’t. I then paid $525 for a cycle of Timed Intercourse.
Idaho Falls

They [the nursing staff at Utah Fertility Center- Pleasant Grove] were very kind and understanding of my circumstances. They would talk through the procedure with me and make me feel very comfortable and hopeful and they were sad for me when a treatment didn’t work. But on the negative side, I sometimes feel like they worked around the schedule of the clinic and not my body...(not totally their fault, I get it). And also, I feel like sometimes, they could have done some more ultrasounds beforehand to pinpoint a little closer to when I was going to ovulate. Sometimes I feel like it was more guesswork than accuracy because I was traveling about 40 minutes and they felt like they didn’t wanna make me come down every day to do more ultrasounds...
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic was very clean and professional looking. It had a warm environment and made you feel comfortable to be there. They were pretty quick with helping you out once you got there and the wait time was generally pretty short
I felt like they cared about me getting pregnant, but at the same time, I felt like sometimes, they treated my cycle around their schedule instead of my most fertile times
They were very kind and understanding of my circumstances. They would talk through the procedure with me and make me feel very comfortable and hopeful and they were sad for me when a treatment didn’t work. But on the negative side, I sometimes feel like they worked around the schedule of the clinic and not my body...(not totally their fault, I get it). And also, I feel like sometimes, they could have done some more ultrasounds beforehand to pinpoint a little closer to when I was going to ovulate. Sometimes I feel like it was more guesswork than accuracy because I was traveling about 40 minutes and they felt like they didn’t wanna make me come down every day to do more ultrasounds...
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
I didn’t actually meet Russell ever. I was under another doctor at the clinic, a Jason Parker. I only met him once and talked on the phone with him once as well. I thought he was nice and explained things well for how the treatment was going to go but I had expected him to do the treatments for me and after the initial consultation, I didn’t see or hear from him much.
Don’t go in expecting that he is going to manage your care himself. It will be the nurses and staff under him. Which is fine. They were nice and kind
They put me on femora for 5 days starting the 2nd or 3rd day of my cycle. The dosage started out with 5 mg?? I think at first for the first 3 cycles and then AFTER I REQUESTED, they bumped me up to 7.5 mg/day for the 5 days. During, they monitored me with vaginal ultrasounds to see where my body was at in the process of releasing an egg. Once they felt like I was getting close to ovulating, they had me take an HCG shot at home and then 24-36 hours later, I went in for the IUI treatment. After that, they put me on vaginal suppositories of progesterone for about 2 weeks and then had me come in for a blood pregnancy test (which I rarely even made it to because I always started my period before they could test...) I never got pregnant through 5 cycles of treatments.
When I went in for consultation, they told me the cost for one treatment would be about $800. But I had insurance (husband didn’t) so half of my treatment cost was covered with insurance. However, they didn’t count the cost or medication which was about $200 each cycle. And I still think even with my insurance covering half of my treatments, after all the medications and costs for me and my husband, each cycle cost more than $800 (which is what they said it would cost total...)

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
They [Utah Fert Ctr] are amazing at getting back to you and making sure they have everything ready to go throughout the whole process. Weakness is that they don't always answer the phone, but they do get back to you within the day or at least the next...My coordinator was amazing!! Super on top of everything, answered all my questions swiftly and accurately. She really showed that she cared about us and helping us achieve our dream of having a kid.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They are amazing at getting back to you and making sure they have everything ready to go throughout the whole process. Weakness is that they don't always answer the phone, but they do get back to you within the day or at least the next.
I felt like a human because she took her time with us. She didn't care if she had to stay late one day if it meant answering all of our questions. She would check in on us throughout the process. She has shown excitement when given good news as well as sympathized with us during hard times.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shailegh Taylor)
How was your experience with Jessie Dorais at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Dorais is great at communicating every detail of the process. She is so knowledgeable in every aspect of both male and female infertility. She knew the answer and a ton more for every question we had. The only weakness she had was trying so much to make syre we didn't get our hopes up. After transfer though she was super excited and rooting for us, but during the process I felt it was hard to be excited at all. Part of that though was how little our chances were because of both my husband's and I's infertility factors.
To not be afraid to ask any questions you may have. She makes you feel like every question is important and will literally have the answer plus some for each question.
We did IVF with ICSI because of male gactor infertility. I started out taking birth control pills for a couple of weeks. I also have an extremely low AMH of .38 so she put me on Gonal-F 300 once a day, 150 units of Menopur daily, and once it was time I took 1 shot of ganilerex. Once it was time to trigger I took 10,000 units of HCG 36 hours before egg retreival. During all this I also took prenatal vitemins, one baby asprin a day, 600mg of CoQ10.
We were blessed to have partial insurance coverage. Out of pocket we paid about $4,500 for medications and about $1,500 or less on dr. Visits, ultrasounds, bloodwork, etc.
Dr. Dorais HIGHLY recommended only one embryo and made it very clear. She gave all the risks associated with doing two.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
I sometimes felt like the nurses or MAs [at Utah Fertility Center] that called me had no idea what was going on with my care plan. so that was kind of frustrating, but overall everyone has been really nice and they call the doctor if needed anytime I have questions.... the MAs seem unprofessional at times, but I have LOVED the doctors and nurse practitioners that I have talked to. everyone seems to have my best interest in mind. it can also be very difficult to get anyone to answer the phone, but I understand that they are very busy and they do really well at returning phone calls.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
she met with us in her office multiple times, and called me personally to discuss my new diagnosis of pcos. her staff always calls to check up on me each cycle and she makes sure I am well informed and involved in my care.
I sometimes felt like the nurses or MAs that called me had no idea what was going on with my care plan. so that was kind of frustrating, but overall everyone has been really nice and they call the doctor if needed anytime I have questions.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr Gurtcheff is very sweet and easy to talk to. she is great at explaining everything throughout the whole process. she truly seems to have my best interest in mind and seems to want us to get pregnant as badly as we want it.
ask her anything! she is a fountain of knowledge. I had so many questions and worries with my last miscarriage and there wasn't one thing she couldn't answer and she assured me that this wasnt my fault and involved me when deciding a new care plan.
when I first met with her she said "we have to figure out what the problem is first before we can treat it." she did an ultrasound and several labs to determine that I had PCOS. she then started me on provera to start a period and I did. then we did 2.5 mg of femara to help me ovulate because I wasn't ovulating on my own. that dose didn't work and she increased to 5 mg the next month. I ovulated and got pregnant, but unfortunately ended in miscarriage. the following month we did 5mg of femara again but no ovulation, so she increased it to 7.5. I have been on that dose for two cycles now and have ovulated both times. she also gave me the option during the process to do timed intercourse with monitoring at any point, but I decided to wait and try just the femara for a while first. each cycle she has done a 21 day progesterone to confirm ovulation and if I ovulate then she does an HCG test the week after. she has given me a lot of options for what steps to take next, especially after my miscarriage, which I appreciate! since the miscarriage she has also started me on 200 mg of prometrium twice a day each cycle after ovulation is confirmed and baby aspirin once a day. prometrium was done a couple other times on the cycles that I didn't ovulate to start a period
Pleasant Grove

The second IUI [with Utah Fertility Center] we did letrozole instead because clomid makes me very sick. This time her nurses told me to have intercourse like less than 24 hours before the IUI. This made my husband’s numbers lower because DUH! We had sex before the stinking procedure!...That was so confusing and so frustrating for me...They [nurses] were friendly, but it’s hard to be compassionate when you don’t know what it feels like. I struggled with that before it happened to me so I understand that it’s harder than it sounds. They were just following what they were told to do by Jessie, at least that’s how I understood it.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They were okay. Sometimes the front desk was grumpy, and one girl that checked me out all the time was always kind of stand-offish. I can’t remember her name though. She had long dirty blonde hair that was always in a pony tail.
I felt like all I was given were statistics. I didn’t feel cared about very much.
They were friendly, but it’s hard to be compassionate when you don’t know what it feels like. I struggled with that before it happened to me so I understand that it’s harder than it sounds. They were just following what they were told to do by Jessie, at least that’s how I understood it.
How was your experience with Jessie Dorais at Utah Fertility Center?
Jessie was kind, but she didn’t make an effort to let me know that they cared about me and were doing everything they could to help. I am finishing up a cycle with her right now and then I am switching to Dr. Conway because I’ve heard so many good things about her. I feel like Jessie hasn’t done everything she can to find a diagnosis, and as the patient I shouldn’t be responsible for making sure they’ve run every single test there is to run.
Be prepared to ask a lot of questions. She will give you statistics, and that’s about it. It’s like talking to google almost.
We did clomid but it wasn’t working so she said IUI was next since we are “unexplained.” We did clomid and IUI first, and my husband’s numbers were high for that one because we waited to have intercourse until after the IUI was done (there’s like a 2-5 day thing where you want to have intervourse within the 5 days before the IUI, but not after 2 days before). We did a trigger shot and that was it. It didn’t work. The second IUI we did letrozole instead because clomid makes me very sick. This time her nurses told me to have intercourse like less than 24 hours before the IUI. This made my husband’s numbers lower because DUH! We had sex before the stinking procedure! So then later she said it was because they want us to keep trying naturally at home, which I understand by telling me to do it right before the dang thing? That was so confusing and so frustrating for me. It still is. Anyways, we also did a trigger with that one and it didn’t work. I am currently in the middle of a letrozole cycle after 2 months of a break after the IUI’s.
The IUI itself was like $850 or something. The medicine was bought separately through integrity RX and one other company, and that added up to around $200.
Pleasant Grove

We chose to do a 3 cycle money back garuntee through Attain IVF [at Utah Fertility Center]. We paid $21,600 which allotted us 3 egg retrievals, 3 fresh transfers, and unlimited frozen transfers if we needed them. That price did not include blood work or medications. So overall we have spent an eatimated $27,000...Clinic is small and in a random location which would potentially shake your opinion of their credibility. But at the end of the day the same treatment is administered and all had turned out just as good if not better than previous care in a fancier clinic.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Although she was full of knowledge, she made a point of not making us feel like the information she was telling us was a rehearsed line of dr verbiage she had said a million times. She has gone out of her way numerous times to make us feel cared for and special during our specific cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie M)
All great women! Our clinic up in Idaho is relatively new so it is a teeny bit apparent that they have not worked in a fertility office for many years based on some of their treatment speeds and/or commentary of lack thereof regarding what we are going through. But overall they are fantastic and I have become great friends with them all
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
She is extremely compassionate toward what you are going through even though it is her everyday life and could potentially get monotonous. We had an unfortunate negative outcome to our second transfer and she made it a point to reassure us that we would continue to go on to be successful and catered to my necessary procedures in order to get back on the horse as quickly as possible. She has been our biggest cheerleader through all of this, exactly as a dr should be!
Ask her any question you have, because she will respectfully answer it without making you feel dumb and will explain everything very thoroughly so you feel confident she is making the best decisions with your treatment.
She was pretty aggressive with my injections compared to my first cycle. I only retrieved 14 eggs the first time and one embryo. Through her protocol of gonal f 225 iu for 10 days and menopur 75 iu along with that we were able to retrieve 29 eggs which resulted in 6 good quality embryos.
We chose to do a 3 cycle money back garuntee through Attain IVF. We paid $21,600 which allotted us 3 egg retrievals, 3 fresh transfers, and unlimited frozen transfers if we needed them. That price did not include blood work or medications. So overall we have spent an eatimated $27,000.
It was always suggested we transfer one embryo based on the quality of ours. According to her we had a great chance of them being successful, although they were not genetically tested. She ultimately left it up to us and if we felt strongly about transferring more than one I know she would have supported that decision.
Pleasant Grove

It is usually pretty hard to get a hold of the person you need to talk to on the first call. Most of the time you have to leave a message and wait for a return call. Though this is frustrating, it is slightly comforting to know that they [Utah Fertility Ctr] are such a popular and loved clinic that they are so busy.... We were told that upfront cost to start our IVF with ICSI was about $10,000 and that with the medications and other “possible” costs it would run us anywhere from $13,000-$18,500
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
It is usually pretty hard to get a hold of the person you need to talk to on the first call. Most of the time you have to leave a message and wait for a return call. Though this is frustrating, it is slightly comforting to know that they are such a popular and loved clinic that they are so busy.
Our very first visit I felt like he genuinely took his time to listen to all of our concerns and he really looked into every possibility for my husband and I. The second time I talked with him was over the phone after hours. He was explaining some results from a test my husband had done. He stayed on the phone with me for what felt like forever and really educated me on my options and really listened to me as I was an emotional mess.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center.
Every single person we have come in contact with has been amazing. The nursing staff at this clinic is so great!
How was your experience with Jason D. Parker at Utah Fertility Center?
We are still in the process of treatment and haven’t had a ton of experiences with Dr. Parker but those we have had have been great. I love the time he takes with us and is really good at calming my nerves with explaining the best course of treatment.
After the testing process, dr Parker highly recommended my husband and I invest our time and money into IVF due to my husbands low sperm count, low motility, and morphology. I was hesitant at first so Dr. Parker was open to trying different medications and possibly IUI. He was very bold in saying that he would be willing to try these things with us but he worries we would be wasting time and money. He thought our only way to have a decent chance at getting pregnant would be to start IVF. I agreed. The first step was a water ultrasound where they found a fibroid. Because of this, they scheduled me for a hysteroscopy which I will be getting done in the next week. Unfortunately our Dr. Parker is not available so they have scheduled me with Dr. Conway for the procedure.
Pleasant Grove

The nursing staff at UFC is wonderful. Everyone is so helpful and informative. The two nurses I have been working with have been wonderful. I am someone with a LOT of questions. I cannot tell you how many times I emailed Shailee, sometimes multiple times in a day and she always responded on the same day.... I also think it is wonderful that they have multiple locations throughout Utah. One thing I wish they offered was full service at all of their locations.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
UFC does a wonderful job staffing a very well informed and helpful team. I also think it is wonderful that they have multiple locations throughout Utah. One thing I wish they offered was full service at all of their locations. Only some of the doctors travel to the branch offices to perform cycles. It would have been nice to have a location closer to home when my husband needed to freeze back up sperm but we love this place so much, we did not mind making the drive.
When we first met Dr. Dorais she was so warm and welcoming. She began by getting to know us. Addressed and questions or concerns we had and then very thoroughly answered every single question. We spoke with her for over 2 hours the first time we met. Anytime I need something, she calls and is so reassuring. She always explains everything so well and always asks me if I need anything or have any questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shailee)
The nursing staff at UFC is wonderful. Everyone is so helpful and informative. The two nurses I have been working with have been wonderful. I am someone with a LOT of questions. I cannot tell you how many times I emailed Shailee, sometimes multiple times in a day and she always responded on the same day. Morgan has been really good about calling to check in and answering questions that way.
How was your experience with Jessie Dorais at Utah Fertility Center?
My experience with Dr. Dorias has been wonderful. She is very thorough and matter of fact. I really appreciate the fact that she never made us feel like she's in this for the money. I had so many questions regarding additional testing. She was very honest about each test and how it would or would not benefit us. I never felt like she was trying to sell something to us.
I would advise a prospective patient to do their research and come with a lot of questions. It is nice when your doctor has a very well rounded, educated response. Dr. Dorais answered SO many of the questions I had without me even formally asking her. She was so thorough.
My protocol is for an antagonist cycle due to my AMH levels. Dr. Dorais explained the risks of developing OHSS and order a Leupron trigger shot to use in conjunction with my HCG. She also ordered: 5 Ganarelix 250MCG, 3 Follistim 600IUI, 75IUI Menopur (22), Pregnyl 10,000 units, Endometrin 100mg tablets, 63, Leupron 5MG. I began taking birth control pills on cycle day 3 and my husband and I were also prescribed a Z pack and Cipro for him as well.
The actual procedure costs $9,800, which includes ICSI. Additional blood work runs around $400, medication was around 4,000. I had to do outside monitoring for my baseline and initial blood work due to living in California. Since my facility is in Utah so we had travel expenses as well.
My doctor definitely educated us on transferring 1 vs 2 embryos. She went over all of the risks of transferring more than one embryo in great detail. She also very respectfully told us that ultimately, we are the patients and the decision to transfer 1 versus 2 is up to us. She was very clear on letting us know what the medical field safely recommends.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
[Utah Fert Ctr - PG] Strengths are ample. Organized and proactive in care. Everyone works together to establish the best possible patient care. One weakness is that initially it is difficult to get in...I loved going to the clinic as the staff seemed to truly care about my outcome. Gave me adequate time and always addressed my needs...The nursing staff was professional and attentive. Always made me feel comfortable and informed....
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Strengths are ample. Organized and proactive in care. Everyone works together to establish the best possible patient care. One weakness is that initially it is difficult to get in. However, once you have your initial visit the go to great lengths to accommodate you.
I loved going to the clinic as the staff seemed to truly care about my outcome. Gave me adequate time and always addressed my needs. The only time I ever felt frustrated was working with the schedule lady who didn't understand why I had to work and it was difficult to make all of the appointments.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
I feel like she did an amazing job explaining the treatment, as well as adjusting my plan as cycles progressed and making the changes that needed to be made. Very good bedside manner. She is educated and caring. I have really loved having her as my fertility specialist
Ask questions you are unsure of, and speak up. She is wonderful at listening to your concerns you just need to voice them.
I used 7.5mg of femera, as well as 75units of follistim. This resulted in 1 beautiful follicle. Hcg trigger and iui. However did not result in pregnancy. The second iui 10mg femera, 3, 75 unit doses of follistim due to poor initial response. Hcg trigger and iui 48 hours later. Also used Estrace due to thin uterine linning. Failed cycle. After this we discussed and both felt the best option was to move to IVF.
Because we have insurance that doesn't cover infertility costs build rather quickly. Each iui cycle was $800.00 out of pocket for monitoring and procedure. Plus on average of $500.00 for meds.
Pleasant Grove

I love how clean the clinic [Utah Fertility Center] is. You walk in and they greet you by name, maybe just because I have been going for 8 months now. They are all patient and kind and want the best for their patients....There was just one time they had forgotten to call me with some results, but I ended up calling at the end of the day and they got those results right to me... They always know what the plan is and how to answer all of my questions.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I love how clean the clinic is. You walk in and they greet you by name, maybe just because I have been going for 8 months now. They are all patient and kind and want the best for their patients. The only thing I wish was different was if they had an office in Logan, UT!!
Dr. Dorais has always called me by name and always knew exactly what was going on and what the plan is. She will personally call me if there is ever a problem and tell me the problem and the next steps to take care of it.
Excellent! They always know what the plan is and how to answer all of my questions.
How was your experience with Jessie Dorais at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Dorais is extremely caring and nice to all of her patients. She is very knowledgeable about the infertility paths and always wants what is best for her patients. I love that she is my doctor and trust she knows what is best for my body.
You will not want to find another doctor after seeing Dr. Dorais!
She diagnosed me with anovulation and PCOS. She put me on progesterone to get a period. When I did we started our first timed cycle which involved femara to grow my follicles and a trigger HCG injection to induce ovulation. I got pregnant the first cycle and carried it till 6 weeks and then miscarried. She was concerned that is might be ectopic and explained that we needed to do a D&C. After the D&C we waited for my levels to go down and then started our 2nd cycle 2 months later. On my baseline ultrasound I was told I needed to come back for a saline ultrasound because there might be something in my uterus. I came back the next day and they found polyps in my uterus. 2 weeks later we did a hysterectomy to remove 5 polyps. 1 week after we started our 2nd cycle that turned into a negative pregnancy. We just did our 3rd timed cycle and I am currently in the two week wait!
Unfortunately, insurance doesn't cover anything infertility. We have been doing timed cycles which are $525 a cycle + around another $300 for medications and then gas money (I live 1.5 hours away from Utah Fertility Center). We also had a D&C and then a hysteroscopy and those each costed money too. I have figured we are around $4,000 into this journey.
We haven't had the opportunity to transfer embryos

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
I sometimes felt that the office staff [Utah Fertility Ctr] were removed from the emotions of the whole process and that they forget that this whole journey can be really hard on many patients. I would like to have seen a little more compassion from the office staff.... There were a few times that my appointments got mixed up, or were in my calendar schedule but not in the computer. The finance office had some mixups and charged me when they shouldn’t have etc.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I sometimes felt that the office staff were removed from the emotions of the whole process and that they forget that this whole journey can be really hard on many patients. I would like to have seen a little more compassion from the office staff. I felt frustrated a few times by the lack of communication between staff, appointments not making it onto the schedules, or lack of financial communication that caused unnecessary stress and anxiety. Overall everyone is kind and helpful, just make sure you are following your own treatment plans, payments, etc. and stay on top of things on your end so you don’t fall through the cracks. I sometimes felt forgotten about, and some of that sentisitvity is likely from all of the medications I was taking. I kept going back because I love Dr. Foulk and Dr. Conway and I am confident that they know what they are doing. Towards the end of my treatments I felt like the staff got better and were warmer and more personable.
Every time that I met with Dr. Foulk he was very sincere, personable, and compassionate. I always felt important and cared for when I had visits/appointments with him. He answered all of mine and my husband’s questions, and I feel like he genuinely cared about us. I do wish I could have seen him more often during my variety of treatments, I often only saw his staff for appointments, but that’s normal. All of the nurses, NPs, and other providers in the office were great as well. Dr. Conway also did one of my ultrasounds and one of my surgeries and she was so kind, thorough, and I felt completely confident in her care. The medical staff explained procedures, answered my questions, and were compassionate each time I saw them. I did feel like sometimes some of the staff (office side more than the clinical staff) forgets how sensitive and tender this whole journey is and can be for individuals. I often felt like I fell through the cracks or got lost sometimes in communication between staff. There were a few different times that I had to contact my coordinator and have her help me sort out some of the confusion/ conflicting appointments, payments, or other issues. But my coordinator was great at always getting things straightened out and taken care of for me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Danica )
My coordinator is the absolute sweetest. She goes out of her way to make sure that I am taken care of and comfortable with all of the procedures etc. I did feel like sometimes there was a lapse in communication between us and the scheduling etc. But she always made sure to fix things promptly when I brought it to her attention or reached out to her with concerns.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr Foulk is very intelligent, and he is so good at sharing his vast knowledge in an understandable way. ( I loved his drawings he often used to teach me!) He took the time to make sure I knew exactly what was happening and why. He answered any questions my husband and I had, and he was very kind and compassionate during every visit or procedure. I always felt like he really cared about me as a person, and that he genuinely wanted to help my family to grow as much as I want it to grow. I appreciated his sense of confidence in the possibility of being able to carry my husband’s baby someday. It did sometimes make the road blocks and set backs hard to swallow, but he always met with us after a loss or bad news and helped encourage us to move forward and not give up. He made me want to keep trying and believe that it is possible, even when my mind and my body wanted to quit. He was also very clear about the risks or percentages of success. I appreciated how candid and experienced he is.
Be upfront about your concerns, your feelings, your wants- both personally and with the procedures etc. I should have expressed more openly how emotionally and mentally hard the medications and treatments were for me. I put on a brave face most of the time, and then I sometimes felt that it wasn’t understood how hard and strainful the whole process was, but then it occurred to me that I had never expressed that I was struggling as much as I was. I would also say decide with your spouse what it is that you guys can handle and are ready for, and be willing to speak up and do things on your timeline as well. I went through multiple rounds and had many road blocks and complications along the way and for a lot of it I just went along for the ride and did whatever I was told to do whenever I was told to do it. Eventually that wore on me, and I realized that I needed to communicate better about where I was personally and where we were as a couple so that we could adjust things to better meet our needs.
I’m not great at remembering all the details, especially in the very beginning, but we started with genetic testing for my husband. We were told he was sterile but Dr. Foulk thought otherwise and ran some genetic tests and did a physical assessment on my husband as well. Turns out he is not sterile but is a presenting carrier of cystic fibrosis so he presents as sterile. Dr Foulk did a surgery to retrieve my husband’s sperm and was successful. Then they began working on me with baseline ultrasounds, blood work, genetic tests, etc. I had polyps and ovarian cysts so Dr. Foulk performed a hysteroscopy and explained that it would remove the polyps and leave my uterus nice and smooth for implantation. We then started the medications and procedures for the egg retrieval. I don’t remember what medications I used for the retrieval or fresh transfer prep, (Gonal F was one of them) but will be doing another egg retrieval soon enough to help remind me. We did ultrasounds often to watch the progress and effectiveness of the medications I was taking to make sure my eggs were growing appropriately etc. We also did blood work often to monitor all my levels. While we were waiting on my genetic results we prepared for a fresh transfer, I did daily shots in my tummy, again I don’t remember the medication or doses. But the day before the fresh transfer was scheduled my genetic testing came back positive as a carrier for CF as well so we weren’t able to move forward with the fresh transfer and had to send the embryos for genetic screening. That took a few months, and after we got our embryos back from the genetic testing we prepared for a frozen transfer. For each of the frozen transfer cycles I was on active birth control pills, took 81mg baby aspirin daily, prenatal vitamins, and then injected .15 ml of estradiol valerate IM (glutes) each Tuesday and Friday evening, then about 2 weeks later I added 1 ml IM injections of progesterone in oil daily in the mornings. I did a z-pack the week before implantation, neupogin intravaginally (before two of the frozen transfers), and intralipid infusions and another hysteroscopy tonremove my polyps again, prior to my last frozen transfer. I am about to begin the same round of meds again for the ERA.
We did one egg retrieval and fresh transfer cycle for close to $10,000. Medications were additional. Hysteroscopy was around $500 plus $400 for anesthesia each time, and frozen transfers were about $3,000 plus medications. Genetic testing on the embryos was done at an external lab.
Dr Foulk was very clear about the risks of putting in multiple embryos etc, but he always let me and my husband decide what we felt best about after he educated us. He wasn’t pushy. We put two in each attempt until this last round when we only had one left.
Pleasant Grove

I am not joking, there is literally nothing I would change about UFC.... The nursing staff is wonderful. Danica is my sweet coordinator and we also see Susie a lot. They are both wonderful and so helpful. I got sick with my last HSG and Susie rubbed my forehead with a wet towl to cool me down and got me food etc.... our freeze fee is 500 a year for our embryos. A FET is 3700$ and then medications. PGS testing fee, ultrasounds etc.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I am not joking, there is literally nothing I would change about UFC. EVERY single person from the front desk to the lab to the embryologist, nurses, doctor, phlebotomist... they are all Perfect. They are all there to help and are so kind and compassionate. They understand it's a tough thing to go through, and they do everything they can to help things go perfectly. I have had zero bad experiences or visits.
Dr. Foulk is one if the kindest men I've ever met. He cares about you not only as his patient but as a human being. There was never a time that he didn't fully explain what was going on. he always makes sure you're comfortable with treatment steps and that any and all questions are answered. He is kind and caring. I couldn't ask for more in a reproductive endocrinologist. He makes a not so fun situation very bearable and I have complete trust in him as my physician.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Danica)
The nursing staff is wonderful. Danica is my sweet coordinator and we also see Susie a lot. They are both wonderful and so helpful. I got sick with my last HSG and Susie rubbed my forehead with a wet towl to cool me down and got me food etc. They go above and beyond for their patients. Always smiling and so willing to help.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He is the sweetest man alive. He walks you through each step and makes sure you know EXACTLY what is going to happen next and why you are where you are. He will get to the bottom of why you're not conceiving on your own, and then he tells you but we will do it! I have full and complete faith in this man and his skill set. He knows what to do and is so compassionate. He has wonderful bedside manner and helps you get through some pretty rough times. I wouldn't go to another doctor if I had to. This man has our respect for life. We can't thank him enough.
Trust in him completely. He WILL make you a parent.
I remember my first egg retrieval I got OHSS and they went in and took all the extra water out and changed me to a freeze all cycle. I had 50+ eggs retrieved so we figured it was going to happen. I am not sure what drugs I took. it they always made sure I had enough and helped me with costs etc. For this upcoming transfer I am taking estrogen Ijections twice a week, progesterone injections and suppositories the week of transfer anf also a z pak the week of transfer.
I don't remember the total for our retrieval etc. but our freeze fee is 500 a year for our embryos. A FET is 3700$ and then medications. PGS testing fee, ultrasounds etc.
They helped us make the best decision. Our first was double embryo transfer, we had a singletons. We are transferring one this time around.
Pleasant Grove

The clinic [Utah Fertility Center-Pleasant Grove] is amazing. Very clean & comfortable. They respond to phone calls/call you back very quickly. When waiting on results they always call in a timely manner, exactly when they say they are going to. There can be a little bit of a wait sometimes even if you show up to your appointment early or on time.... The clinic is amazing. Very clean & comfortable. They respond to phone calls/call you back very quickly. When waiting on results they always call in a timely manner, exactly when they say they are going to. There can be a little bit of a wait sometimes even if you show up to your appointment early or on time
European, Latino
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic is amazing. Very clean & comfortable. They respond to phone calls/call you back very quickly. When waiting on results they always call in a timely manner, exactly when they say they are going to. There can be a little bit of a wait sometimes even if you show up to your appointment early or on time.
Dr. Gurtcheff did an amazing job of showing how much she cares & feels for our situation. We have secondary infertility & I was nervous to see a doctor because I didn't want them to think treating me was less important because I already have one kid. Dr. Gurtcheff really seemed to understand our desire to grow our family & give our son a sibling. She reassured us & made us feel comfortable the whole time.
They were organized, experienced, & very professional. Very warm & friendly. It was easy to feel comfortable with them.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Gurtcheff is very sweet & caring. She made us feel very comfortable & gave us hope which is something we haven't had in a long time. My only complaint is I only saw her for the appointments to go over test results and talk about our plan. The ultrasounds, IUI procedures, & even the call to tell me the results that I wasn't pregnant were all done by her nursing staff. They were great, but I felt like there were a lot of questions at times that I couldn't get answers to because I wasn't able to speak with Dr. Gurtcheff directly.
Write down all your questions so you can ask while she's around because you don't always get the opportunity to later.
Dr. Gurtcheff explained that clomid on it's own isn't that affective & neither is the IUI. She recommended we do a combination of both to increase our chances. I appreciated the more aggressive approach. We were to try this method up to 3 times because the success rates are supposed to be cumulative so with each attempt our chances go up. After 3 times we would save up for/prepare for ivf.
IUI and baseline ultrasound -$875 HCG trigger shot, progesterone, & clomid - together cost around $200 Other tests and appointments I was billed around $400
Pleasant Grove

It’s a warm atmosphere the office [Utah Fertility Center- St. George] when you walk in the waiting area is nice and all the family card announcements are fun to see and read about on the wall.... He told us $13,000 for ivf cycle or $1,000 a month for iui.... I met her [a nurse] 1 time when we went in for our referrred initial consult and she was very nice and easy to talk with. She answered our questions. We are meeting with her tomorrow to go over the calendar for all my upcoming procedures and protocols.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I don’t have a whole lot of information yet to really say much. It’s a warm atmosphere the office when you walk in the waiting area is nice and all the family card announcements are fun to see and read about on the wall.
He was very nice and I knew he wanted to help us. He was very concerned and spent time with us and answering all my questions. I didn’t feel rushed and I liked the way he handled our situation. He remembered us from before and that made a huge difference even knowing our other kids names and faces. It was very refreshing to see the care he had.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Megan Johnson )
I met her 1 time when we went in for our referrred initial consult and she was very nice and easy to talk with. She answered our questions. We are meeting with her tomorrow to go over the calendar for all my upcoming procedures and protocols.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He was very good at explaining and helping us come to a plan for us that would work with our schedule and what we wanted to do. We have only met him 2 times. Once in 2016 and now again this February 2018. We all decided to go with ivf and so I’m just barley beginning the process in the middle of birth control. I look forward to going through the procedures and I’m excited to grow our family. Dr Foulk was very personable and easy to talk to the 2 times we have met. I hope to see him more throughout the process.
Um that he’s very easy to talk to and ask questions.
I’m just starting so I haven’t really gotten to that point. I’m still in the middle of birth control pills. So I’m at the very very beginning. I have an upcoming water ultrasound and a calendar review tomorrow to go over what to expect and everything. We did decide to do embryo testing and find out which eggs would be best to transfer when I get to that point.
He told us $13,000 for ivf cycle or $1,000 a month for iui.
We did discuss this because we want to have twins hopefully. We went over the why’s and we all agreed on that plan as of now.

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
The clinics biggest strength is that there is never a long wait to get in for your appointment. I did have to bring my one toddler with me and the nurses staff was so kind and helping with him. The only weakness I can think of [Utah Fertility Ctr] is it can take months to get in with Dr Foulk... They [nurses] were able to answer my questions and if they could not they would always get an answer for me. They always returned my emails and phone calls within the same day.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinics biggest strength is that there is never a long wait to get in for your appointment. I did have to bring my one toddler with me and the nurses staff was so kind and helping with him. The only weakness I can think of is it can take months to get in with Dr Foulk
He really cared about me and wanted to help me. I felt that he wanted to help us have a child just as much as we wanted one. I felt that he always listened to what my thoughts were.
They were able to answer my questions and if they could not they would always get an answer for me. They always returned my emails and phone calls within the same day. They always provided good information on what my next step was.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
When we did our second IVF with Dr Foulk he tried something new with us. I was put on a Lupron shot for three months, and on vitamin supplements to help the quality of my eggs. We were very hopeful that that would help but when it came time to transfer the eggs they were not good. Dr Foulk was hopeful but I could tell that he felt bad that what we did did not help. He really does care. I do not feel that he just wants my money.
Don’t be afraid to do your research and ask Dr Foulk all the questions that you have. If you feel there is something you want to try ask Dr Foulk what he thinks.
Dr Foulk found that I had to cyst, one on each side which he diagnosed as endometriosis. We thought if we would suppress that that would help my eggs get the nutrients that they needed. So Dr Foulk put me on three months of Lupron shot and several vitamin supplements. The results were that it did not work for me.
Because it was our second IVF cycle with Dr Foulk the procedure was $7980 the anesthesiologist was $400 cash and the medicine because I am older cost me $5500 .

Endometriosis, Unexplained
I love the girl that works the front desk. I love all of the staff at this location [Utah Fertility Ctr- Murray]. They are really good with getting you in and out of your appointments as quickly as possible and the wait time isn’t that long. They make going through fertility treatments easier and such a hard time.... My Care coordinator has always been available to answer my questions, returns my phone calls quickly, and just overall a very compassionate person. She has shown me that she is invested in myself being able to conceive as much as I am. She is simply amazing
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I love the girl that works the front desk. I love all of the staff at this location. They are really good with getting you in and out of your appointments as quickly as possible and the wait time isn’t that long. They make going through fertility treatments easier and such a hard time. They also help to answer any question that you may have about your fertility
She always made sure that I asked questions and she would answer them. She always try to normalize how I felt every step of the way
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Morgan baker )
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
She is educated and well knowledged in her profession. She has compassion, empathy, and is real. I have loved working with her because I trust her every step of the way. She is always made sure that whatever decision is made is my own and not because she feels one way or the other. She has remain optimistic for me but yet realistic.
If you were looking for someone who knows what they are doing she is the one that can figure out what is wrong and what is the best course of treatment. She is also very smart and empathetic you would love her.
I have had insurance coverage which has helped. In total I have paid out of pocket around 1300. With IVF I do not have insurance coverage so that will be more costly, we are looking at about 13,000 which includes medication for one round
Murray

I appreciate they have multiple locations so we aren’t driving as far. Be prepared that you’ll likely see different nurses and staff each time. It’s been hard to always feel comfortable when the person isn’t familiar. It’s felt a little harder to trust their opinion each time when I don’t know them at all. But each has been kind, professional & helpful....Mallory has been great, and patient answering our questions. We’ve also seen at least 6 other staff at other appointments.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
It has a good reputation. I appreciate they have multiple locations so we aren’t driving as far. Be prepared that you’ll likely see different nurses and staff each time. It’s been hard to always feel comfortable when the person isn’t familiar. It’s felt a little harder to trust their opinion each time when I don’t know them at all. But each has been kind, professional & helpful.
Dr. Conway was so helpful in making decisions about our treatment options. She provided all the medical facts and statistics available, but also took into account our emotions. She was candid about both her medical and personal opinion, which was so helpful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Mallory)
Mallory has been great, and patient answering our questions. We’ve also seen at least 6 other staff at other appointments. Although I don’t know them well each has been kind and thorough.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
We’ve only met with her directly for our first appointment, but she was great. She made us feel confident that our treatment plan was our best option at this point, answered questions, and was very straight-forward yet optimistic and kind.
know that from at least our experience, you don’t end up having much direct contact with her. I’m glad that I do feel like I can trust her and that she does care about us, but it does feel strange to not have any contact aside from hearing about her feedback from nurses.
We’re in the middle of IVF, leading up to and FET. We’re doing frozen transfer both due to wanting to do PGS testing and to avoid OHSS with my PCOS. She’s been vigilant about avoiding OHSS. I started doing birth control, then did F75 Gonal F and Menopur, just one little bottle a day to 1ml liquid. My egg retrieval has been pushed back a couple days while we’ve done some increased Gonal F, hoping a few more follicles can have some extra time to mature.
Not sure, we have great insurance with Progyny. But this egg retrieval is costing about $8,000, then the transfer will be about $3,000, medication has been about $3,000
Before seeing dr. Conway we were set on eSET. She agreed with this approach and seemed relieved to not have to convince us to not do multiples.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
Our experience with this clinic [Utah Fert Ctr] recently (as opposed to last year when we first started going there) has been night and day. They have a mostly new staff, which has been very refreshing. The new nurses, front desk gals, and coordinators are all much more friendly and helpful...The nursing staff is great. They are all very professional and courteous. All of my appointments this round were on time with minimal waiting, which I very much appreciate.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Our experience with this clinic recently (as opposed to last year when we first started going there) has been night and day. They have a mostly new staff, which has been very refreshing. The new nurses, front desk gals, and coordinators are all much more friendly and helpful. However, my advice is the same as with the doctor--ask a lot of questions! They're there to help you, but only if you ask them to. Otherwise, you're just kind of shuffled through.
Dr. Conway is very hands on, very informative, very willing to take a phone call or email and respond timely. She has always been very knowledgeable about our specific situation, which is reassuring.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
After a not so great experience with another doctor, and a lot of research looking for a new doctor, we have been so happy with Dr. Conway. She is a great communicator, very hands-on, and we've had a great experience while under her care. Dr. Conway is fantastic.
To ask a lot of questions and advocate for yourself (this would be my advice with any doctor). Dr. Conway was very open and willing to discuss everything we asked about... even if it wasn't relevant and she was just educating us. Other things that were relevant may not have come up had we not done our own research and asked questions.
We went straight to IVF with Dr. Conway due to failed IUI and failed cycles using Clomid. Initially (while seeing a different doctor) we were diagnosed with unexplained infertility; it was Dr. Conway that explained normal sperm count and ovarian reserve (based on AMA level), etc. It was only after seeing Dr. Conway that we felt like we had actual answers... We had both male factor (low sperm count--less than 200k) and female issues (low ovarian reserve--AMH of 0.5). Our IVF consisted of a 9 day stim cycle--2 vials of menopure and 300 units follistim daily/added in 1 shot of ganirelix the last 4 days. I had an egg retrieval on day 10 (it was moved up 1 day early because my folicles were pretty big). Retrieval resulted in 19 eggs, but only 4 were mature and could be fertilized using ICSI the same day. The next day, 2 more became mature and were able to fertilized via ICSI, for a total of 6 mature eggs that were fertilized. Our day 3 report was that all 6 eggs were at the 8 cell stage, right where they should be at that time frame, and looked to be progressing well! We were over the moon. Then our 5 day report came and it looked as though only 4 of the 6 were going to make it, a few of which were barely hanging on. They told us they wanted to to give it 1 more day, so we were hopeful. By day 6, the report was that we only had 1 make it to the blastocyst stage, and luckily it was that it is a perfect grade. We sent it off for PGS and it came back healthy so our transfer is scheduled for this upcoming cycle, just a few weeks away.
Monitoring appointments were always done in the morning, which was great for me because I could just go right before work. I rarely had to wait more than a few minutes or so and it was a well-oiled machine. I was usually in and out in under 25 minutes for ultrasound and under 10 minutes for just bloodwork.
We went with a 2 cycle package program through Attain... The cost was $23,400 and it included everything: all IVF monitoring appointment, ICSI, embryo biopsy, unlimited transfers, and 1 year of storage--had we ended up with more embryos. It did not include the cost of prescriptions or PGS.
We only ended up with one embryo to transfer so it wasn't a conversation we got to have.
Murray

The nurses [at Utah Fertility Center] were very nice and welcoming to any questions and helping me along the way...Good personable staff. I would like to see them answer questions via phone faster. It would take hours (most likely until the end of the day) until i would get a response to a question. Their online portal was nice to email questions but again was unpredictable as to when i would hear back....Getting prescriptions was a pain to deal with insurance. I had a situation where they would not refill a prescription because of the way they wrote the initial one.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The nurses were very nice and welcoming to any questions and helping me along the way.
Most of the nurses were awesome! There were some that seemed too busy to answer questions. I would have to leave a message and wait hours before i could get an answer.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
I was only able to meet and discuss with Dr. Gurtcheff once at the beginning of treatments. From there on out i saw her nurses and she reviewed my files and led them to the direction that i should go with meds/treatments. I had the option to have her perform my last ultrasound before graduating the clinic but it was too expensive since this is not covered by my insurance.
I would have liked to see her more/hear her opinion in person
We started out less aggressive with oral medications and she slowly increased the dosage until we exhausted every trial. Dr. Gurtcheff then moved me to injectables where she ran blood test to determine the best injection to use with the right amount of mg. She wanted to stimulate my ovaries but not overdo it which makes sense. The injectables finally produced a follicle for a cycle treatment.
Trials were different costs. Timed intercouse was roughly $500 but with medications more around $700. IUI was around $800 and with medications more around $1000 every trial.
Pleasant Grove

I know my phone consult was $300. ... I actually never visited the clinic in person since the first IUI was cancelled due to my thin uterine lining. However, everytime I called they were very polite, compassionate and helpful. My tests were done at facilities in Idaho and the UFC was more than helpful in getting the test orders to me or the facility doing the tests.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I actually never visited the clinic in person since the first IUI was cancelled due to my thin uterine lining. However, everytime I called they were very polite, compassionate and helpful. My tests were done at facilities in Idaho and the UFC was more than helpful in getting the test orders to me or the facility doing the tests. They were timely in informing me of all my test results. The nursing team gave me a clear plan to follow through email so I knew what days to take the fertility medications. I had planned to do my IUI treatment at one of their clinics 4 hours away from me. I didn't have to worry about my ovulation day being on a weekend as they were willing to do treatment any day of the week. This was not the case with the reproductive clinic I had been to in Idaho, so I was very impressed and felt like Utah Fertility Center is really there to help families succeed.
She listened to all my concerns and made a plan specific to me. She was very compassionate and took extra time to make sure I understood the plan of care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: I've forgotten her name)
Very organized, compassionate and timely communication when I had any questions.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Conway listened to all my concerns and developed an individual plan for my husband and I. She was flexible with letting me do my tests elsewhere since we don't live in Utah. Even though I ended up having an ectopic pregnancy, I am grateful I found Dr Conway to help us through our infertility journey.
Expect to be treated like an individual. Dr Conway is very compassionate and knowledgeable.
We had planned to do IUI. Dr. Conway prescribed me femara due to my already thin uterine lining along with gonadotropin and ovidril to take on set days. The plan was very clear to follow. When I had my ultrasound to assess egg maturity and thickness of uterine lining, it showed I had mature eggs, but my lining was still thin. She gave me the choice since there was only a small chance for IUI to be successful during this cycle. My husband and I decided to just do timed Intercourse and hope it worked. I did end up getting pregnant, but it ended up being an ectopic pregnancy. I had done treatment and IUI at another RE facility that had failed. I believe that Dr Conway's individual plan helped me get pregnant on the first round through their clinic.
I don't remember all the costs. I know my phone consult was $300.
Endometriosis, PCOS
The nurses at the office [Utah Fertility Center] where incredible. By the second time they all new my name and my situation. My only complaint is that the first time I tried to call on a weekend the website sent me to the Salt Lake City office. But after explaining my situation they directed me to some one in my location that could help me, and right after that the office gave me a 24 hour phone I could contact so the situation would never happen again.
Endometriosis, PCOS
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The Clinic is located Newer part of St. George. When you walk in the environment is clean and inviting. Someone always welcomes you and directs you to a seat. If you have any paper work to fill out they bring it to you. I have never had a time when I felt like they where degrading, inappropriate, or neglecting to my needs. I have no complaints to the clinic's.
Dr. Foulk was a very good doctor he always explained everything very well he is wanting to help me get the family i've always wanted
The nurses at the office where incredible. By the second time they all new my name and my situation. My only complaint is that the first time I tried to call on a weekend the website sent me to the Salt Lake City office. But after explaining my situation they directed me to some one in my location that could help me, and right after that the office gave me a 24 hour phone I could contact so the situation would never happen again. Like I previously stated Dr. Foulk staff is amazing and its really hard to think of anything that has ever been really wrong with my experience.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. RusselFoulk biggest strengths are his expertise he has thrity years if experience and his generosity and explain everything very well. The only weakness is he is always really continuously busy.
At first i was just working with my normal OB he was giving clomid which was not working, so when i went to see Dr. Foulk he was a fertility specialist he was very good at telling me what we were going to do from the day i went in he started right away he explained everything very well
Doctor Foulk is a great doctor. While trying several different strategies with no success I finally decided to meet with a specialist. After talking with Dr, Foulk and explaining with endometriosis complications he immediately check my Follicles he recommended that we proceed with "artificial insemination". After trying 3 cycles of IUI, Dr. Foulk recommended that i do IVF.
St. George
The clinic [Utah Fertility Center] does a good job of being empathic and kind. I've yet to meet someone working there that was grouchy. I really like the atmosphere of the clinic. It's clean and has fun music playing. ... The only thing is that sometimes when we go in for bloodwork they tell us they'll call with the results by the end of the day and they don't call. ...
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic does a good job of being empathic and kind. I've yet to meet someone working there that was grouchy. I really like the atmosphere of the clinic. It's clean and has fun music playing. The only thing that bothers me is the artwork in the lobby. There is a giant photograph of a pregnant woman on the wall that you can see as you leave and as you walk in there's another piece of art that is a mother holding a baby. I know that the goal is to get the patients pregnant but this art feels like a slap in the face sometimes.
Dr. Dorais is SO nice! She is so sweet and caring. The first time we met with her she was very tactful about our situation and also very hopeful. We had just come from a Dr that told us there was nothing more she could do for us and was acting like we tarnished her record (which is why we switched to Dr Dorais). The instant Dr Dorais started talking it was like a breath of fresh air! I actually started crying in her office because of how sweet, caring, and positive she was about our situation. She is also very patient! I asked her the same question 3 times because I didn't understand and she explained the answer 3 different times still with the same kindness as if I only asked once.
Everyone that I've met on the nursing staff is so nice and happy. I feel like they know that the patients that come in are most often heartbroken and don't want to be there so the nursing staff is super nice and empathic.
How was your experience with Jessie Dorais at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr Dorais is very patient and kind. She is also extremely smart. I think it was Einstein who said, "if you can't explain something simply you don't know it well enough." Dr Dorais always explains things in simple ways. She welcomes questions and answers them in simple to understand ways. She takes notes for you and draws diagrams so everyone is on the same page. She doesn't rush you out of her office or make you feel like you are wasting her time. I've always felt like we are her only paitents. She is always so positive and helpful.
Don't be afraid to ask her to repeat herself. She is very patient and she wants you to know what is going on. So ask questions and if you don't understand, ask her to explain it again and she will.
We just barely got diagnosed with make factor infertility. Dr Dorais just laid out all our avenues, their likelihood of working as well as the cost and then she gave us 2 weeks to think it over.
I don't remember specifically but I do remember opening my bill and being surprised at how low our costs were. I think I was expecting upwards of $500 and the bill was around $100. I do know that one of our bills was only $17 and that was nice but I don't remember what it was for.
Pleasant Grove
A strength is that they [Utah Fertility Center] don’t force batch patients, if you want to do a cycle on your time they will do it. It’s also pretty easy to get a hold of people and I’ve always gotten me results on time. If an appointment needs to be squeezed in they make it happen. ... IUI was about $800 with monitoring. ...My coordinator is nice and knowledgeable but she does seem a bit stretched ... I’m general the nursing staff had been great. They are compassionate and kind.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
A big weakness is that the main office is outside of the city, so while I can do a lot of appointments at the closer office things like retrieval’s, transfers and weekend appointments are all 45 minutes away. I understand that the big clinic is in a city where land isn’t easier to come by and a lot cheaper. It just stinks that the majority of the population live pretty far from the main office. A strength is that they don’t force batch patients, if you want to do a cycle on your time they will do it. It’s also pretty easy to get a hold of people and I’ve always gotten me results on time. If an appointment needs to be squeezed in they make it happen.
When I bump into Dr. Dorado at the clinic she always knows exactly what’s going on with my cycle, specifics like what size my follicles are. I have no clue how she remembers all of that but it makes it easy to put my trust in her.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shailee Taylor)
My coordinator is nice and knowledgeable but she does seem a bit stretched, like she had a lot going on. That being said, she always calls me back and answers all my questions. I’m general the nursing staff had been great. They are compassionate and kind.
How was your experience with Jessie Dorais at Utah Fertility Center?
Jessie Dorais is very nice (even all the nurses comment on how sweet she is) so she’s easy to talk to. She thoroughly listens and is always available to talk, there were a few times I was just at the clinic for blood work and she’d see me in the hallway and invite me into her office for a quick catch up. She also explained everything very well while also being very respectful. My egg retrieval was scheduled for a day when Dr. Dorais wasn’t doing retrieval’s (the doctors rotate) so she had them schedule it for 7am and came in before her normal shift to do my retrieval. That is commitment to your patients, and I very much appreciate it.
Make the appointment, you won’t regret it.
We have unexplained secondary infertility, Dr. Dorais seems to use the basic general protocols for everything since we don’t have a lot to go on. For my IVF cycle I was concerned because I felt like she chose to trigger me too soon (only a few mature follicles), but I tried to remind myself that I trusted her and she knew best. Seems like it was the right decision, we only ended up with 4 mature eggs (I have low AMH) but 3 fertilized and all 3 made it to day 5 blasts (1 transferred, 2 frozen). Those 4 mature eggs were plucked just at the right time which might not have been the case had I pushed to stim longer.
IUI was about $800 with monitoring. Anesthesia for egg retrieval was $400 ($450 if using a credit card) which is completely out of pocket. Everything else was billed through our insurance.
From the beginning my husband and I were clear about not wanting multiples. Dr. Dorais was very receptive to this, she explained that multiples are a side effect of fertility treatment and NOT a desired outcome (medically, since it’s a higher risk pregnancy). She said she usually has to try to talk people out of wanting multiples (which I understand, after infertility you just want all the babies!) so she was happy that we wanted to lower that risk. She did mention that we might talk about transferring 2 embryos if we have a few failed sETs which sounds like a very reasonable plan.
Murray

[The nurses at Utah Fertility Center were] Amazing. No other word to describe it. I called them ALL THE TIME over every little question I had and they were SO PATIENT and reassured me my thoughts and concerns were valid and they walked me through everything...$825 IUI... I always felt very well taken care of. The only weakness I have of the clinic is the receptionist and billing. 9/10 our billing was good, but there were a few times I asked a few questions on our billing and always got the "I don't know" answer. When it came time to pay for the IUI in full the billing lady seemed very annoyed that I was asking her questions regarding the payment.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Doctors and nurses were AMAZING! I always felt very well taken care of. The only weakness I have of the clinic is the receptionist and billing. 9/10 our billing was good, but there were a few times I asked a few questions on our billing and always got the "I don't know" answer. When it came time to pay for the IUI in full the billing lady seemed very annoyed that I was asking her questions regarding the payment. I had a cyst that needed to be tested, so I asked if the cyst came back positive and I couldn't even do IUI if I would get my money back or if I could use the money towards a different course of treatment. She rudely responded "we do not give refunds ever". The receptionist was always nice! When we were doing our IUI we were told to collect the goods (sperm) and get to the clinic ASAP. My husband and I live kinda far so we did all that we could to get the sperm there on time when we arrived I panickly told the receptionist I had the sperm and we had very few minutes to spare ... to which she told me to sit down. She almost forgot about us! Thankfully me and my paranoid self had a timer going and had to remind her it needed to go back NOW.
She cared. She listened, let me ask 100 questions, didn't rush me, and took time to explain every detail
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
We only met with Dr. Gurtcheff once (first appointment), but she would personally call us after each big appointment to make sure we knew she was still there for us. She personally called and congradulated us right after we got our BFP, she called and wished us luck when we graduated from UFC, and she called and checked in on me the day after our IUI. She may not have been able to be there in person for things, but I always felt like she still cared and had a strong handle on our case
Ask as many questions as you'd like! She will have the answer and I promise there's no such thing as a stupid question
I had already done Chlomid (6 months), sperm analysis, blood work, and HSG before visiting Gurtcheff. I was very honest with Dr. Gurtcheff that we did not want to waist anymore time. We were financially ready to take the next step into IUI and the only thing holding us back was finding the proper clinic to take us there. She reordered some blood work to confirm a few things (ovulation still strong), did an ultrasound (confirm no cysts, uterine lining looked good), adjusted my meds (from Chlomid to Femara) and we proceeded with IUI. I adjusted my diet slightly, got an ultra sound on CD 11 which showed my uterine lining needed to be just a little thicker so I was prescribed some meds for the night. I had an HSG injection that night as well. We did the IUI on CD 12, followed by progesterone until the blood test results came back 2 weeks later to see if I was pregnant. I walked into that clinic on Feb 1 and found out I was pregnant March 9.
$825 IUI $100 HCG injections $50 visit $2 Femara $170 progesterone
Pleasant Grove

The St. George clinic [of Utah Fertility Center] was definitely smaller than I had imagined it being but it also made it feel more comfortable and that you wouldn’t fall through the cracks. I think with any clinic doing your own research on the fertility treatments can help you to ask the right questions.... The nursing staff was amazing in St. George and the same with the nurses in Pleasant Grove. They have all been so kind and compassionate and cheer you on every step of the way. I’ve had to bring my daughter with me to some visits and they interact and are so sweet with her as well.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The St. George clinic was definitely smaller than I had imagined it being but it also made it feel more comfortable and that you wouldn’t fall through the cracks. I think with any clinic doing your own research on the fertility treatments can help you to ask the right questions.
Dr. Foulk has always taken the time at each visit I’ve seen him to clearly explain what he is thinking with my treatment and the course of action. I felt he was very kind and personalized my visit to help me to eventually reach my goal.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
When we first met with Dr. Foulk he drew a diagram on a piece of paper explaining all the different areas that could cause infertility and what treatments could help us to know what could be causing the infertility if they didn’t work. I felt he was very knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. When the IUI treatments didn’t work for me he took the time to sit down with me again and review what happened and to look at what to do in the future without being pushy or wanting to skip to IVF he gave me options and listened to my concerns.
I’ve only completed iui with Dr. Foulk but his strategy was simple. I wasn’t growing follicles big enough on my own so I was placed on Femara to allow that to happen then we got the iui done. My body reacted well to the femara each time and all IUI’s went smoothly. Since the IUI’s did not work for me it was decided that something higher on the reproductive track could be causing this like my egg quality or somehow my tubes are blocked enough to not allow the egg to pass but will allow dye to pass through.
I honestly have amazing insurance that paid 50% of my fertility treatments and usually covered my labs. The most expensive medication I remember was $300.
PCOS, Unexplained
They [nurses at Utah Fertility Center] were great. they were just a little hard to get a hold of. I would always have to call, leave a message and have them call back which was frustrating...Each IUI is $875 and then additional suppositories and trigger shot were an additional $200-$300...They usually can get you in super fast for ultrasounds and such. Everyone is really nice there. There are suckers everywhere which is really handy when I have to bring my little boy. Sometimes it's hard to get even the front desk to answer the phone sometimes though.
PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
It is great! They usually can get you in super fast for ultrasounds and such. Everyone is really nice there. There are suckers everywhere which is really handy when I have to bring my little boy. Sometimes it's hard to get even the front desk to answer the phone sometimes though.
Every time there was a question with my ultrasound or blood draw, Dr. Parker would always take the time to come out from whatever he was in the middle of and talk to me about his thoughts and options and what to do moving forward. He took the time to explain everything to me and I really appreciate that!
They were great. they were just a little hard to get a hold of. I would always have to call, leave a message and have them call back which was frustrating
How was your experience with Jason D. Parker at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Parker is great to work with. I feel that he is approachable. He treats me like he genuinely cares. He always took time to come talk to me about something. He was great at explaining all the procedures and different options that were available and what he thought would be best for me. He wasn't pushy about a procedure but I liked how fast he was to act.
Maybe work on bed side manner just a little?
After an ultrasound we found some polyps on my uterus. We went through what would happen during surgery. Then after that we proceeded to do 3 iui treatments. Each cycle I had a cysts on my ovary that would then go away during the cycle and we would get my blood drawn to make sure it didnt produce estrogen. We continued with the iui cycle and when my eggs weren't growing as big he would come advise me on what be thought we should do to proceed. He was even there to perform some of the ultrasounds. He did not perform the iui's which I would have been happier if he did. So far those haven't resulted in pregnancy. We are taking a month or 2 break and we will definitely return to dr parker.
The initial consult was $250 I believe. The two diagnostic ultrasounds I had performed were $450 and $490. My surgery to remove the polyps was $1050. Each IUI is $875 and then additional suppositories and trigger shot were an additional $200-$300
Pleasant Grove

Schedule ahead of time, it takes a while to get in [to Utah Fertility Center]. Don't waste any time!...This is a clinic that has many people working behind the scenes. I didn't get to know the nursing staff personally. They were nice and professional...Sometimes they will not get back to you the same day. I know it is because they are busy, so sometimes I have to call back multiple times to get ahold of someone.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Its a beautiful and clean building. It is busy and can have long wait times. They do their best to make you feel at home, and hopeful for a family. I never felt like a number at the clinic. They were at times busy and I had to wait, but the waiting room has coffee, hot chocolate and cookies. It is a comfortable environment. I would never wish for anyone to experience infertility, but if you do, I would recommend this clinic.
She made me feel like I was a family member. She conducted herself in a way that made me feel like she wanted me to get pregnant as much as I want to get pregnant.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr Conway was friendly and professional. She worked with my regular OB to discuss my history and what an effective treatment plan would be. She made me feel like she was on my side and wanted me to be successful. She took time to answer our questions and addresses all options.
Schedule ahead of time, it takes a while to get in. Don't waste any time!
I have been pregnant twice in the last 4 years and I have miss-carried both in the second trimester. After trying to get pregnant again for over a year she suggested IUI to help the process. When after 3 attempts we weren't successful, she has suggested IVF. She believes that we have a hard time getting pregnant due to sperm quality, so with IVF we hope to get a healthy pregnancy.
Each IUI Cycle was $975 and Medications were about $150 on top of that. Consultations were between $100-200. Lab tests were between $30-75. Our IUI would be around 20,000
Pleasant Grove
Mini ivf was around $8000 and ivf was $15000 depending on the price of meds [at Utah Fertility Center]...The clinic is always very friendly and accommodating. It is always clean and ready for the next person. Weaknesses would be remembering that not everyone knows the process like they do and to take the time to explain everything. Especially for those that are starting with iui and what to expect when they go in for their appt. always write down your questions before going in is he biggest thing I would tell anyone going in
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
She took the time to explain how the clinic came up with an unexplained fertility diagnosis. She talked to me and asked questions on how I was feeling and my frustrations.
They have always been kind and easy to talk to. They are always on time and don’t have you sit in the doctors office for very long. They answer all questions in a timely manner. They return phone calls within 24 hours
How was your experience with Jessie Dorais at Utah Fertility Center?
She was soft spoken and was able to describe everything in great detail. I went in for a second opinion on why i am unexplained infertility. She went step by step on why I don’t have pcos or other reasons on why we can’t get pregnant. She explained everything in a way that I can understand. She also helped set us up on the next steps of conceiving which is ivf
Always write down all your questions and concerns before going. It helps to ensure everything is answered and you feel better when leaving.
The strategy was to have 3 iuis to ensure that wouldn’t work before moving on to ivf. She stated we could do a mini ivf or go to a full ivf due to me having a high egg count. The reason she says to go to ivf is because it is unknown if I have tube damage to a potential of endometriosis. She also stated that having surgery for endo would not benefit because it could ruin my egg count and cause more damage to ovaries or tubes.
Iui cost would be $850 with our meds. Mini ivf was around $8000 and ivf was $15000 depending on the price of meds
She did not go over this because we had not set up a time to begin ivf and to go over specifics
Murray

They [Utah Fertility Center] do a great job making you feel comfortable. However, in our experiences, the full payment is due upon your first visit and then even after paying in full, we've received medical bills for testing and blood work. ... The nursing staff is great! They were all very knowledgeable of the different treatments. There were a few times where it was recommended to take ibuprofen before a procedure (water ultrasound and HSG dye test) and I wasn't informed which made those experiences more unpleasant than they needed to be.
Other, Prefer not to answer
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic is great! I really do enjoy going there. They do a great job making you feel comfortable. However, in our experiences, the full payment is due upon your first visit and then even after paying in full, we've received medical bills for testing and blood work.
In our initial consultation, Dr. Parker was very thorough and helpful. He helped us get answers to questions that I had been asking for a few years. However, we haven't talked with Dr. Parker since our initial consultation and only see Nurse Practitioners-- which can be frustrating.
The nursing staff is great! They were all very knowledgeable of the different treatments. There were a few times where it was recommended to take ibuprofen before a procedure (water ultrasound and HSG dye test) and I wasn't informed which made those experiences more unpleasant than they needed to be. However, they do an excellent job of talking through exactly what they're doing and explaining the different procedures.
How was your experience with Jason D. Parker at Utah Fertility Center?
As a patient, I often have felt frustrated by the fact that we don't talk to Dr. Parker and only his staff. I appreciate knowing that everything that happens - decisions that are made, medications that are prescribed, etc. - go through Dr. Parker. We're assured that he is overseeing our treatments, which is nice. However, I do wish that we could sit down and talk with him about our treatment plan more.
Just be aware that his staff will be the people talking to you most.
Our Timed Intercourse cycle was about $900 total - medication, blood work and procedures (ultrasounds) Our IUI was about $1400 total - medication, blood work and procedures (ultrasounds and the actual IUI)

Male Factor, Other
[Utah Fertility Center- St. George] Would be nice to offer more tests in location. I had to travel four hours away for a water ultrasound and they don’t do IUI or monitoring on the weekends which, fertility has no schedule so there should be an oncall staff member.... $1,100.00 for everything for my first IUI and medications that had to be purchased outside the clinic. The IUI is like $400. Ultrasound is like $250. Sperm prep and wash and such.... I think to the clinic was $875 the rest was medication. My second on femera was $600 and included only the iui and one ultrasound
Male Factor, Other
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Called me by name, had reviewed my medical history. Asked me questions. Understood I have a medical background so talked straight to us.
The st George office is a satilte office so there are two RN’s and an NP. Dr Foulk is in town once a month. The week I met with the doctor they were hiring new staff so it was a bit confusing. The schedule isn’t set so when you think you can go in for an IUI then you find out two days before the NP is working her other job so you have to drive four hours to their main office. Also the pricing isn’t explained well. I had to reach out to the main office manager because my voicemails were not being returned. In person they are great. Very kind.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
He is very friendly and knowledgeable. I enjoyed him being open and honest about our chances and the length of time we might have to try treatments. Better to under promise and over deliver. He didn’t rush us off during our first appointment either. Let us ask all our questions. When our first IUI failed and the cost would be too much to try again for some time he adjusted treatment that would better fit into our financially budget.
He is not in charge of scheduling or finances. You will need to talk to the office manager and financial department to get those details.
Clomid to help stimulate the eggs and hcG trigger to more timely track Ovulation. Sperm wash and IUI due to male factor of low sperm count and poor mobility.
Na

Poor Egg Quality, Other
I would want to know more about various medication options and what the financial options are [at Utah Fertility Center-Pleasant Grove]. I did like how kind the staff is and how quickly they made us feel at ease each time that we visited. Sometimes they decided to just check something really quick that they were curious about and that sometimes hit us hard when it came to billing. I was impressed by how successful so many of our friends have been through using this clinic so it gives me hope for our future treatments
Poor Egg Quality, Other
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I would want to know more about various medication options and what the financial options are. I did like how kind the staff is and how quickly they made us feel at ease each time that we visited. Sometimes they decided to just check something really quick that they were curious about and that sometimes hit us hard when it came to billing. I was impressed by how successful so many of our friends have been through using this clinic so it gives me hope for our future treatments
During the process things were fairly routine but when it began to look like we wouldn’t get the outcome we hoped for she was incredibly kind and compassionate. She cried with us and offered free consults later to develop new plans moving forward. She emailed me a few times about personal things that she was following up on and stayed involved with us which made it feel like she’s been an ally
I don’t think we had a one individual nurse but everyone we worked with was friendly and made us feel very comfortable
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Shawn is incredibly compassionate and takes joy in helping her patients. She is very knowledgeable and explains things in a way that it easy to understand: you’ll leave feeling like you’ve gained a friend.
Make sure you are on the same page as to what you want and what you can expect to happen if treatments don’t go as planned how things will be adjusted and what your options will be so that you can prepare
I don’t remember the specifics as far as protocols. I know I was on injections for IVF with the hopes that we could freeze embryos and use a gestational carrier. My eggs never seemed to be fully ready for retrieval and we only ended up with two but none that could be frozen. If we move forward again she has explained that we will use a more involved protocol
We spent around 13k between care, medications, retrieval and insemination. I know when comparing to other clinics that this is reasonable but it felt like a lot when we were left with no embryos to transfer
I had the desire to transfer two embryos since they didn’t seem to be as good if quality but she explained the risks and why we would be wise to do single embryo transfers but we never made it far enough to be able to do that
Pleasant Grove

Some of the nurses [at Utah Fertility Center] are so sweet and sensitive and kind. They are good at explaining all that they are doing and talking you through it all. I didn’t like that they weren’t up to date on my history. I saw so many nurses and they never knew how many IUI’s I had done or my history of having a miscarriage and that made me sometimes just feel like another number coming through. I also didn’t have a great experience with one nurse. She was the one who had to tell me that I had a blighted ovum and that I would have to have a miscarriage. It was already a super hard experience and I was in complete denial and I felt like she wasn’t super sensitive at all!
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The front desk staff has been hard for me. They are the first and last people you see and I haven’t always been impressed. When I first started coming the front office wasn’t super welcoming and a little cold. The lady who checked me out seemed annoyed and tired and never once cracked a smile or anything. So that’s hard. As I’ve been there longer the front office has gotten better and knows me by face. But the clinic is clean, well equipped and I’ve been grateful to be in such a good clinic that’s so close to my home. There are a lot of the staff that are passionate about what they are doing and are aware of how hard it is to be doing the things that we go through as patients.
There have been a few instances that showed to me that I wasn’t just a number to Dr.Dorais. The first was after our miscarriage. She called as soon as she found out and left the most kind and heartfelt voicemail and offered to have a consult and talk over things as soon as I was ready to come in. The next was after our third failed IUI. She was completely booked for a few weeks but moved her schedule around to meet with us the next day to consult and talk over our options after that heartbreak.
Some of the nurses are so sweet and sensitive and kind. They are good at explaining all that they are doing and talking you through it all. I didn’t like that they weren’t up to date on my history. I saw so many nurses and they never knew how many IUI’s I had done or my history of having a miscarriage and that made me sometimes just feel like another number coming through. I also didn’t have a great experience with one nurse. She was the one who had to tell me that I had a blighted ovum and that I would have to have a miscarriage. It was already a super hard experience and I was in complete denial and I felt like she wasn’t super sensitive at all! She seemed numb to seeing that kind of heartache and it was pretty awful. So I’ve had great experience of kind nurses who would move schedules to make things easy for me and would make me feel comfortable and understood and others that were extremely unfeeling.
How was your experience with Jessie Dorais at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr.Dorais has been a great doctor for us. Going into the infertility world was scary and hard and she was so kind and welcoming. She has the most soft voice and takes the time to explain things. She draws things out for you and was open to all of our questions. Sometimes I got a little lost with some of the explaining because she used a lot of medical terms that I didn’t understand but she was always patient when I asked her to re-explain things. I loved that she would familiarize herself with all of our past treatments, tests, miscarriage all of it before we would consult together. I appreciated her taking that time so that I knew she was aware of everything especially since I would mostly see the nurses.
Be honest and open. Dr.Dorais cares about your feelings and your situation and wants to help so be as vulnerable as you can.
We did 3 rounds of timed intercourse using clomid day 3-7 and measuring follicles starting day 12 and doing hcg trigger shot when cycle called for it and then doing intercourse 12 and 24 hours later. We also did 1 round of IUI with clomid same process as timed intercourse but had my husband bring in a semen analysis 1 hour before the IUI procedure. After the IUI procedure I was told to have intercourse that night and sometime the next day and then to start progesterone suppositories. Blood work was done exactly 2 weeks later to check If I was negative or positive. The other 2 IUI’s were the exact same except using letrezole instead of clomid. All 3 timed intercourse and the 3 IUI’s were negative
I’m under DMBA which has been good to cover a lot of my procedures. My HCG shot and progesterone suppositories have been around $200 each month and that isn’t covered by insurance. Everything else has almost all been covered for.
Pleasant Grove

Everyone there [Utah Fertility Center] is very kind and ready and willing to help on the trying to conceive journey. I wish I saw dr Conway more. I’ve only met her once for my first appointment but they have a very competent staff working there for her.... One day I had to have blood drawn and didn’t know it so I wasn’t hydrated and it took 3 nurses working together to get blood out of me and they were all very kind about it and talked to me like a normal person just having a conversation.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Everyone there is very kind and ready and willing to help on the trying to conceive journey. I wish I saw dr Conway more. I’ve only met her once for my first appointment but they have a very competent staff working there for her.
She thoroughly explained everything in detail before and during treatments and the office would call to check up on me if they hadn’t heard from me in a while
They wee always kind and considerate to me. One day I had to have blood drawn and didn’t know it so I wasn’t hydrated and it took 3 nurses working together to get blood out of me and they were all very kind about it and talked to me like a normal person just having a conversation. And they are very knowledgeable.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
She was very kind, and made me feel comfortable and like she could help me. She explained everything in detail in or first initial meeting telling me what was going on with my body and thoroughly explained it, and told me the first route we were going to take, and if that didn’t work the next route and explained a few to me and made me feel like she could get me pregnant.
Go in with questions. She will answer all of them.
First we tried femara to get me to ovulate and that didn’t work so then we tried femara and a steroid which still didn’t work. So then they switched me to clomid because maybe my body just didn’t like femara. That still didn’t work but they wanted to start a new period so that we could start over and fresh. So they gave me provera to start a period which didn’t end up working so currently they have me on 2 weeks of birth control to start a period
Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
Some of the nurses were kind and so friendly [at Utah Fertility Center]. Others just didn’t have that ability or you could tell it didn’t come as naturally. They were usually pretty organized but hard to get a hold of due to how busy the clinic was some days...Usually full price was expected on day of baseline ultrasound. After two full egg retrieval’s and thousands of dollars spent in FET we were offered 50 percent off last two cycles.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Front desk ladies could maybe use a little more smiling or just customer service in general. They were pretty quiet most times. I felt like the front of the clinic like waiting room and front desk was not as friendly as it was when you went back and saw the actual nurses and doctors. There was a little bit of a disconnect. The doctors and most nurses had much better bed side manner.
She spent time with me. She was understanding, and empathetic to our situation. She gave us financial help.
Some of the nurses were kind and so friendly. Others just didn’t have that ability or you could tell it didn’t come as naturally. They were usually pretty organized but hard to get a hold of due to how busy the clinic was some days.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
Sometimes I didn’t know exactly what the diagnosis was in the beginning. I was just a little confused as to what was wrong and sometimes I still am,especially after multiple failed transfers. She has great bed side manner and has been one of my favorite doctors. I feel comfortable with her and expressing my frustration or sadness.
It’s expensive and to be prepared for it. I would recommend her to others even though we haven’t gotten the desired results we would like.
First cycle we used metformin, injectables which were menopure, progesterone, and one other med. not sure of doses. It yielded 2 embryos at the end of the cycle and both were transferred and both were not successful. I think the second egg retrieval round we were a little more aggressive with making sure my ovaries were growing more eggs and also retrieved about 29 eggs as opposed to 16 which was the first time. Protocol did change. Though the second transfer for Ivf did not work, the protocol stayed the same and then I had a successful transfer for #3 that resulted in a live birth. Protocol stayed the same for the FET number 4. Which was birth control, estradiol in a shot form, and progesterone in oil (shot) successful pregnancy with twins and miscarried at 8 weeks. Ivf 5 did change in terms of one med. which was estradiol as a oral medication vs an injection. This transfer was not successful though ultrasounds and blood work looked good they said.
Yes she educated me on the trade offs saying one embryo vs two is not much of a difference in success rates. 4%? We would transfer one or multiple depending on how good the embryos looked after dethaw. Usually it didn’t seem to make a difference in success and I’m not sure what approach is best knowing each time I have transferred one embryo is has never resulted in a positive pregnancy.

Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Strengths: They [Utah Fertility Center] are able to work with schedules and try to answer any question while you are there. They have a great person to help you understand the cost and what can be done on the financial side. Their in house lab does a great job and is quick and normally gets the vein first try.... Weaknesses: Poor assistance over the phone and some times lacks empathy.... When called to tell my first IVF results after transfer the MA was very blunt, short, and rude.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Strengths: They are able to work with schedules and try to answer any question while you are there. They have a great person to help you understand the cost and what can be done on the financial side. Their in house lab does a great job and is quick and normally gets the vein first try. I have very difficult veins but was always fully confident in the techs. Weaknesses: Poor assistance over the phone and some times lacks empathy.
Was difficult dealing with his medical staff not so much the Doctor himself. Felt as though his staff never knew what was going on with my case. Expect one nurse specifically but at times was difficult to get a hold of her and would feel blocked by the other medical staff. When called to tell my first IVF results after transfer the MA was very blunt, short, and rude. The results were negative and she showed no empathy but treated me like I was just another task on her check list.
HIs IVF coordinator and nurse (Chelsea) at the time was great she was always helpful when you were able to get ahold of her. She made you feel like she actual cared. As for the rest of the nursing staff and medical assistants my experience was never great with them. Some were rude and lacked any type of empathy for what the patients were going through. Most of the time I felt like they had no idea what was my course of treatment was or how to help answer questions. Couple times when I called in with concerns and the nurse I had requested to work with directly was out of the office and I had to work with someone else they made me feel like my concern were not valid and was wasting their by calling to ask about them. Every sonographer I worked with was great and I had no complaints with them. I like the nurse practitioners as well one of they even was able to relate as to what I was going through because she as well was going through infertility herself.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Foulk is well educated and you can tell he has dedicated his professional life to helping those struggling with infertility. However, I felt that he lacks the ability to make you feel important rather than just another number.
Always write down before you appointment any questions you have and make sure to asking everything and anything while he is there. As once he leaves the room you will not have the chance to speak with him until you fully into the process of your treatment and he comes into the room to do his part.
IVF cost for blood work, ultrasounds, anesthesia, retrieval, monitoring, and implantation was a little over $10,000.00 IUI cost $1,000.000
Pleasant Grove

[Utah Fertility Center- ID Falls is] Very calming. Welcoming. Treats and drink are provided. Music is always playing. It feels a lot like a home, which is so nice. It really puts my anxiety at ease. There are chairs around the office to sit in when needed. They welcome husbands which is so nice.... My veins are really hard to take blood from and she [a nurse] is THE BEST at it! I have so much anxiety and she helps me feel calm. She lets me lie down when I get my blood drawn because I have low blood pressure. She explains everything to me as it is happening and answers all my questions. Their old secondary nurse/receptionist was not nice at all. I did not like her, but since going back they have changed staff and I love all of them. Very compassionate.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I felt more like a human. She talked me through the whole process of what she wants to do for me. She explained things in detail and didn't expect me to know everything already. She answered my questions without hesitation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center.
I wish I could remember her name! I LOVE HER!! My veins are really hard to take blood from and she is THE BEST at it! I have so much anxiety and she helps me feel calm. She lets me lie down when I get my blood drawn because I have low blood pressure. She explains everything to me as it is happening and answers all my questions. Their old secondary nurse/receptionist was not nice at all. I did not like her, but since going back they have changed staff and I love all of them. Very compassionate.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
She was detailed. She was very kind and soft. She didn't rush the appointment and I felt like she cared about me and getting me the results I want. Whenever I asked a question she readily and happily answered. I never felt like she was irritated by all my questions. That was really important to me. She took the time to ask me questions and get to know not only me but also my husband.
Ask as many questions as you can.
We met with her in her office at first to get to know each other and our history so she can know what to plan for and what to expect. She took blood to do a blood panel. When results came back she was very prompt in letting me know and changing the course if need be immediately. I felt that things got done pretty fast.
I would receive the bills for the blood draws and the ultrasounds and initial consultation from them. But everything else was from the respective companies or clinics.
No comments.
Idaho Falls
Beautiful, clean, and professional. I felt like I was in wonderful hands [at Utah Fertility Center]. I wish I felt more than just another patient though. I felt like my doctor knew me, but the nurses not much at all. My biggest recommendation would be to not worry about being annoying to the nursing staff. You are the only person looking out for you for everything. Call if you have questions, call if you are looking for results.... The IUI ended up being a total of 1,000. Our fresh cycle ended up being 13,400 including medication. Our frozen cycle ended up being just short of 4,000 including medication.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Beautiful, clean, and professional. I felt like I was in wonderful hands. I wish I felt more than just another patient though. I felt like my doctor knew me, but the nurses not much at all. My biggest recommendation would be to not worry about being annoying to the nursing staff. You are the only person looking out for you for everything. Call if you have questions, call if you are looking for results.
She was very kind and understanding. Whenever we had the chance to meet with her (not all too often) she gave us a good amount of her time. She even gave me a call once after we had asked her nurses some questions and answered them all on the phone for me.
Nice. But I didn’t feel like they knew me or remembered me much.
How was your experience with Deirdre Conway at Utah Fertility Center?
I wish I could have spoken with her and met with her more often. So much of the communication was with nurses and I didn’t love that. But the appointments that I did get to talk with her, I left feeling hopeful and understood. She was a great doctor. I just wish there was more communication in between appointments.
Do what’s best for you! If you want to transfer 2 embryos and she suggests 1, transfer 2. Don’t feel pressured to obey every suggestion if it doesn’t feel right. Also, don’t worry about being annoying. If you have questions or need information then ask for it as many times as you need. She and the clinic are busy and no one will look out for you like YOU will.
We did one IUI cycle with metformin. I was frustrated after it failed and I appreciated that Dr Conway wasn’t set on doing a specific amount of IUIs before trying IVF. We moved onto IVF because we were ready to get pregnant and neither parties felt like we had good chances with IUI. I did a fresh cycle and reacted great to the injections. I had quality eggs and quality embryos. We transferred 2, but during the tranfer saw that I was retaining water pretty intensely. I was put on a strict salt diet basically to help the retention go away. I got a positive pregnancy test, but started spotting around the same time. I ended up miscarrying the first week. Dr Conway felt it was strange to lose both (grade A) embryos. So she ran a test checking for endometritis which is basically a uterine infection. I came back positive. This is when I was so grateful I had Dr Conway as my doctor. She said it was a newer test and none of her colleagues even test for it. They put me on antibiotics for 3 weeks, tested again, and it came back negative. We then did a frozen cycle and transferred to embryos. I got a positive pregnancy test and now have a little boy who’s almost a year!
The monitoring was really easy. The staff was efficient, professional, and got me in and out in good time.
Dr Conway very much suggestive of a single embryo transfer. She even asked me to reconsider during my transfer. However, we transfer 2 both cycles and ended up with 1 pregnancy.
Pleasant Grove

I felt the clinic [Utah Fertility Center- PG] lacked organizational skills and the nurse practitioner I saw for ultrasounds was very judgmental and rude. She said some pretty offensive personal things about me. Also I had some complications that arose from embryo transfer and nobody saw the red flags that I was developing ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome… Which can be a life-threatening situation. I contacted the nurse practitioner about my symptoms and she just brushed it off like it was nothing
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I felt the clinic lacked organizational skills and the nurse practitioner I saw for ultrasounds was very judgmental and rude. She said some pretty offensive personal things about me. Also I had some complications that arose from embryo transfer and nobody saw the red flags that I was developing ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome… Which can be a life-threatening situation. I contacted the nurse practitioner about my symptoms and she just brushed it off like it was nothing… After doing some research online I diagnosed myself and called the clinic urgently and demanded I be seei I contacted the nurse practitioner about my symptoms and she just brushed it off like it was nothing… After doing some research online I diagnosed myself and called the clinic urgently and demanded to be seen. I had to rush me to the clinic up north for an emergency fluid draining of my abdomen because it had gotten so bad. I was really sick for a few months and had a lot of physical repercussions from it. After talking to other doctors I found out that this condition was completely preventable and should have been watched for with the number of eggs they saw growing in my ovaries. Nobody took any pre caution to stop it or treat it in advance.
I felt like Dr Foulk himself was very warm and definitely treated me like a human. His staff on the other hand did not. They were very disorganized and missed a lot of important details. Also there was a lot of complications with them releasing my embryos in storage when we tried to switch doctors. They were reluctant to work with our new doctor in releasing the embryos to them and also caused some complications with delivery that may have altered the viability of the embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center.
I remember her being very nice. However I did feel like I had to call and remind them of things coming up that I needed. I didn’t think I would have to coordinate my care coordinator.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
I really liked Dr. Foulk as a doctor and as a person. I really felt he cared about me. He is kind and compassionate and very smart. He always took time for my husband and I and always had a box of tissues he would hand me himself when the tears came rolling. Although we didn’t ever get a live baby while working with him, I will say it was a pleasure working with him.
I would say he is great. I would trust him with my life. His staff on the other hand stands in the way of having a smooth and successful process as they drop the ball on details with medications and scheduling. I felt I had to babysit them all the time and call them to remind them to plan and schedule certain things for me since I got so used to the way things worked having gone through 4 different embryo transfers.
I did 4 cycles with him (1 fresh and 3 frozen) I had 3 resulting pregnancies and of these pregnancies 1 was stillborn at 20 weeks and the others were miscarriages.
They seemed reasonable and competitive with other doctors I had research

2014 - 2017
I had my appts in St george and my retrieval’s in Pleasant Grove [part of the Utah Fertility Center]. Both office were in sync with everything I was doing. I was able to get in easily to every appt at my preferred times. The staff was so helpful and willing to talk to me about anything.... My nurse with my first IVF cycle was amazing - very organized and helpful, My nurse with my 2nd IVF (Heather) was very kind but a bit scattered and a difficult to follow.
2014 - 2017
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I had my appts in St george and my retrieval’s in Pleasant Grove. Both office were in sync with everything I was doing. I was able to get in easily to every appt at my preferred times. The staff was so helpful and willing to talk to me about anything.
i had met with 2 other infertility doctors prior to Dr Foulk. One did all sorts of testing and the other just for a consultation. Both focused heavily on statistics, their success rates, unlikelihood of my success based on my history and test results, etc. I was so discouraged after working with both of them so when I met with Dr Foulk, he was a breath of fresh air. He was so kind and explained things in a very simple way. He was optimistic but also realistic. He answered all my questions in a very easy to understand way. He discussed how we could easily deal with and overcome some issues that previous doctors were quite negative about handling. I left my consultation with Dr. Foulk feeling hopeful for the first time in many years of infertility and I felt like he truly cared about me and that we were worth a try even if it was unsuccessful. I felt like the other doctors left me with very little to no hope and didn’t like that I would most likely be a negative statistic for them. Dr. Foulk’s approach was completely different and was exactly what my husband and I needed.
How was your experience with Russell Foulk at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Foulk explained IVF in a simple and easy to understand way. He is kind and compassionate. He is humble and makes you feel comfortable like you’re talking witg a friend. He never made me feel dumb when I asked really basic questions.
Don’t expect to go to an appointment and hear all about stats, success rates, etc. Some people want to know all of this while vetting a doctor but this is not his style.
Based on my age, history, and situation, we used an intense protocol for drug dosages. We also did ICSI with both cycles. My first IVF cycle resulted in 10 eggs with only 1 fertilized embryo doing ICSI. I did a fresh transfer which resulted in a singleton pregnancy. During my 2nd IVF cycle, my egg follicles took longer to grow to the right size than expected so Dr Foulk continued to let them grow until he felt comfortable retrieving. By the time they were retrieved, he felt my window of opportunity for a fresh cycle had passed. He retrieved 11 eggs and 2 fertilized on day 5 and 1 on day 6. They were all frozen and I did a frozen embryo transfer the next month with 2 embryos resulting in a singleton pregnancy.
Overall with drugs, egg retrieval, and transfer i paid around $15k for each IVF. My fertility drug costs were high - I want to say close to $7500 for my 2nd IVF treatment.
Dr Foulk was clear about putting no more than 2 embryos in per cycle. He left it up to us to decide on the 2nd pregnancy what we wanted to do. I really liked his concern for my well being by not wanting more than 2 transferred vs doing whatever is takes to have a positive success rate.

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
[At UFC-Pleasant Grove] Own nursing staff for each dr. Make sure you know how the office operates and you won’t have any unwelcome surprises. Ask questions about procedures and you will get more information than you knew you wanted. Info is available and will be given but you can be explained as much or as little as you want. But you must communicate.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
She truly understood how much We wanted andswers and how much we wanted a baby. You could tell that she just wanted to help and wanted to make sure we were heard. She showed that even if it didn’t work for us, she wanted to make sure we did all we could to make sure we didn’t have any regrets.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Morgan )
Each doctor has their own nursing staff and own line for communication. They did a bit of restructuring and it was a little rough for the transition for patients and the staff to get used to the new system but it is great now and so helpful! Morgan was great and Danica is also great! They are awesome and made sure I was helped and listened to.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
She was truly the reason we had success. She was there to make sure we felt like we were a priority and like we had someone on our team. She made it feel like she wanted success as much as we did. Without her I would have given up a long time ago. Because of her knowledge and determination, I now have my amazing and perfect miracle baby!
Make sure she knows you mean business and you will stop at nothing! I made sure to let her know I had done my research and I would ask her about everything I could find. She was happy to research anything I asked about. She is great at communicating but I also came with a lot of my own questions.
We did a typical protocol without Lupron first. We started with birth control and then right into follistim and menopur. Stimmed for 9 days and retreival went perfect. Retrieved 19, 16 mature, 15 fertilized with ICSI. We didn’t plan on ICSI but my husbands sperm dropped motility (I think it was motility) when they went to fertilize naturally, so dr G told the embryologist to not risk anything and just do ICSI (they didn’t charge us). On day 3 we still had 15 growing. Day 5 we transferred a morula and had no blasts but 6 more we let still grow for another day to see if they would become blasts to be able to freeze. Dad 6 all the remaining had arrested and the fresh transfer didn’t result in pregnancy. The second cycle we started with Lupron and did only menopur to try to help with quality we had to up the menopur dose to 3 vials per day at one point. We stimmed for 11 days (maybe 12 I can’t remember) and retrieved 7 eggs, 6 mature, 5 fertilized with ICSI. 5 still growing on day 3. Day 5 we had 4 still, we transferred 1 and let the others grow some more to see if they would make it to blast. None made it and arrested on day 6. This smcycle resulted in a negative pregnancy test too. Cycle 3 we started right away and didn’t use anything to suppress at all. We did a complete natural start and did half a vial of menopur and follistim. We only stimmed 8 days before trigger. We had 21 retrieved, 19 mature, 15 fertilized with ICSI. Still had 15 on day 3 and day 5 we had 4 still growing with one expanded blast to transfer. We waited until day 6 for the other 3 to see if they would catch up and they did! We froze 3 blasts. The cycle resulted in a negative again and we did an ERA test to check for receptivity. We waited for those results and everything came back good. We waited a couple of months because my estrogen levels took a very long time to get back to normal levels, then we geared up for the first frozen transfer. We did a natural start again and transferred a low quality embryo. All went as planned and we now have a 9 month old miracle baby. Dr g has been amazing and was so excited to have us bring him back to meet her and her staff.
They tried to bill everything through Insurance. The out of pocket cost to me Was the same regardless of whether or not they tried to bill Insurance. I had one clinic I was going to go to that would check with Insurance but if they didn’t pay anything, I would have a higher cost than if I just didn’t have them try to bill Insurance. With UFC they would always try to bill Insurance and if Insurance wouldn’t cover it, the cost to me didn’t change. I felt like UFC knew their way around Insurance and knew what was able to be billed to Insurance so that there was minimal cost to me out of pocket and minimal confusion about what things would cost.
I have a unicornuate uterus (I only have half a uterus) and dr g said we will transfer 1 embryo and 1 embryo only. It is not same for baby and not safe for mom.