Vios Fertility Institute

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing: OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
1455 N Milwaukee Avenue
Chicago, IL 60622
773-435-9036
621 S. New Ballas Rd
St. Louis, MO 63141
(314) 266-2062
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Vios Fertility Institute to a friend?
PCOS, Other
It was impersonal each time we were there [at Vios Fertility Institute]...Each time we entered the clinic we did not feel very welcomed or compassion from the ladies behind the desk...We do understand that the Doctors are stretched thin due to having several patients to care for at once and we can't expect to interact with them 100% of the time. However, we felt the team of Nurses and desk staff did not always offer that genuine concern, consideration, and compassion during the process as we expected they should.
Latino, Black or African-American, Other
PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with Vios Fertility Institute.
The clinic is like any other Doctor's office clinic. Initially I thought there would be a difference between a Fertility Clinic and a regular Doctors office clinic, however, there is no major difference. Each time we entered the clinic we did not feel very welcomed or compassion from the ladies behind the desk. It was impersonal each time we were there. One of the members even made an inappropriate comment to my spouse which we reported to the main Dr. of the clinic.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Roohi Jeelani at Vios Fertility Institute?
I can honestly say I have felt both at times. We've had positive and not so positive experiences with the staff and Dr. Jeelani that have resulted in us feeling this way. Initially, my wife and I had very high expectations and were super excited about going through our first IUI process ever with Vios Fertility. We feel that with such a sensitive and what should be an exciting (not stresssful) process that feeling human all of the time was unfortunately not what we felt. We do understand that the Doctors are stretched thin due to having several patients to care for at once and we can't expect to interact with them 100% of the time. However, we felt the team of Nurses and desk staff did not always offer that genuine concern, consideration, and compassion during the process as we expected they should. There were those few that were always a pleasure to see and communicate with when we dealt with them either via the portal or in person. They always smiled and greeted us by name or even if we didn't have an appointment with them that day they made it a point to stop and ask how everything was going in our process. That stood out to us and made us feel they genuinely cared about us and our process. Then there were others who were very serious and looked as if they weren't happy with being at work. One example is a particular nurse who performed my ultrasounds pretty regularly barely communicated with us during the ultrasounds. She would take photos and measurements without explaining anything to us. We would only receive a short explanation when we asked questions; very impersonable. In the initial phases, Vios could have explained the process to us more in detail and layed everything on the table to us in our initial New Patient Consultation with the Dr. It keeps the patient from guessing or searching for information on their own after the fact. As a new patient and being new to this entire process, we would have liked to know we would be working with a team of nurses and not just one particular Nurse/Dr., sticking to either giving us a call with results or posting them in the portal within the timeframe given and informed, and letting it be known that the doctor would not be the one we would see for most ultrasounds, etc. In our case, Dr. Jeelani was not there or did not perform our insemination process when we were told she would. We found out the day of insemination that a Nurse would be the one doing it (She turned out to be amazing). Before the insemination, I had surgery to have a polyp removed from my uterus. I was under the impression Dr. Jeelani would be present for this as well and found out day of surgery that she would not. The miscommunication and not having all of the proper information up front (before/after insemination fact or guideline sheets etc), not receiving timely updates after many bloodwork appts., receiving conflicting information via the portal on medications being prescribed/ordered, and having to ensure all prescriptions were being ordered and processed in a timely manner made this process very stressful. As anyone going through or having gone through this process knows it is very time sensitive. This is why I feel this is something that the Dr./Staff could've been on top of more. We feel if we weren't as Proactive in our own process with ensuring all the pieces fell into place, we probably would not have been as successful with our first IUI attempt. In regards to Dr. Jeelani alone, when we did speak with her she did have a very sweet demeanor about her. As a person, she showed compassion and seemed to want to be helpful. She even gave me her cell number and expressed if there were any concerns I could reach out to her. I did a few times which she responded to promptly. I could tell when meeting with her in person she seemed very busy, rushed, and on the go. At times this caused confusion in her responses. There were a couple of times she confused my case with others. For example the first day I met her she was convinced she had already met me and spoken to me on the phone, however, I explained that was not me and it was our first time meeting. Overall, the intent of wanting to be helpful was present. I just think maybe being busy with other cases she may have forgotten to communicate certain things to me or have information relayed via the staff and/or portal in a timely manner.
The nursing staff at Vios was not very informative. I did receive a lot of conflicting information throughout my process at the clinic via the portal and in person. I would be promised to be called with results from my bloodwork that was done in house and would not receive them until I followed up. When I did receive my results usually the next day it would be posted to the portal. I would receive a brief description of my results but nothing further. There were times where I would not receive an explanation on my levels and would only see my HTC and other numbers posted. Some of the nurses went out of thier way to congratulate us when finding out I was pregnant, while others were very impersonable about the process. Same as when finding out I would not have a viable pregnancy. Emily was one of the nurses that we appreciated the most due to being consistent and caring during our process. She made us feel as if it wasn't only about business and we were more than just a number. We could tell she genuinely loved her job and cared for patients. Overall, you are not consistently seeing one Nurse. I found myself having to explain things to different Nurses due to them not being familiar with me as a patient and my process. This aspect of the clinic felt impersonable.
How was your experience with Roohi Jeelani at Vios Fertility Institute?
Dr. Jeelani is one of the newer doctor's at the clinic. Initially, during the initial consultation with her we felt it was rushed. Before meeting with the Doctor you and your spouse are required to fill out a long questionnaire containing important information needed for your meeting. I also provided the clinic with my Donors DNA expanded screening results to discuss with the Dr. during our consultation. The day of the consultation Dr. Jeelani did not seem prepared for our meeting. She did not have the electronic forms that were filled out prior to us meeting nor did she have the Donor results to discuss. She said it was not an issue and basically spent most of the time asking me and my wife all of the questions that we filled out via their portal. Dr. Jeelani was straight forward in our meeting. We felt she gave an explanation of things if questions were asked, however, if they were not, anything extra and important wasn't offered. It could be that most of our time was spent with her documenting all of our answers for their questionnaire that we had previously filled out. Being a New patient and not having much background or experience with Fertility Clinics we did not know the types of questions to ask and felt the conversation could have been guided a bit more by the Dr. When the process of my IUI began I was informed by Dr. Jeelani that I had PCOS. I was not aware of what PCOS actually was at the time and how it could affect my pregnancy. Dr. Jeelani never explained what it was in detail, nor did she make it seem it would be a problem throughout my process. Therefore, I trusted in that and did not see it as a major factor. It was recommended that I start my 1st process by taking Clomid, Ovidrel trigger shot right before insemination, and Endometrin after Insemination. I did have to go to my general doctor to get my bloodwork done and tested for sexual diseases and CMV. I was also advised of getting the same expanded DNA testing as my donor at the time. My spouse and I asked about tracking my ovulation and were told we could on our own, however, it wasn't necessary due to the way the timing worked with the fertility drugs. After my clomid I was told I'd be monitored and would be informed when it was a good time to take my trigger shot (Ovidrel). I decided to track my ovulation on my own before coming in for my schedueled monitoring due to hearing other women having had success doing so. The day of my schedueled monitoring Dr. Jeelani saw that a couple follicles were larger and possibly ready for ovulation. We also expressed to her that my Ovulation tracking mentioned I was peaking. Due to this she advised to take my trigger shot sooner than schedueled. We then schedueled my insemination for the day after I took my trigger shot. Thankfully I tracked my ovulation. The day of insemination we were not happy that Dr. Jeelani was not present and were not told about this until the day of. Luckily, we had a great Nurse. After the insemination and the long 2 week wait we did not hear from Dr. Jeelani in that time frame. I came in for bloodwork and did receive a call from Dr. Jeelani personally that same night letting me know that I was pregnant. After finding out I was pregnant Dr. Jeelani did provide her phone number and said I could reach out when needed. At one point I did begin to bleed and expressed this to be a concern. Dr. Jeelani mentioned as long as it wasn't excessive that it should not be a concern due to it stopping. In the end unfortunately we had a miscarriage due to the baby not having a heartbeat. During this process we did not meet with Dr. Jeelani until the nurses felt it wouldn't be a viable pregnancy. They told us to wait another week and the last week I met with another Dr. After this I did not hear from Dr. Jeelani again and only dealt with Dr. Beltsos. In my opinion as her patient I felt she could have been more involved and personable.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Roohi Jeelani at Vios Fertility Institute?
I would say Dr. Jeelani can be a sweet and soft spoken person. I was pleased with the fact that I did have a personal number on hand in case of an emergency. However, if you are looking for a very personable Dr. and someone who is genuinly compassionate about your process you wont get that. It's more of a business relationship and when you understand that up front you won't feel as dissapointed along the way. The end goal can still be obtained if you remain proactive with your process.
Describe the protocols Roohi Jeelani used in your cycles at Vios Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
I mentioned previously that I was diagnosed with PCOS throughout my process. I was personally advised of using fertility drugs throughout my IUI process. I did not decline and trusted my Dr. in this. I felt that anything that could help my chances of getting pregnant the first time I would take. My spouse and I were not covered by our insurance in addition to having to get donor sperm for this process. This played a major factor in our decision to use fertility drugs instead of attempting naturally due to us having to pay out of pocket. I was initially given Clomid which had its side affects and during the time I was pregnant, I had huge cysts on each ovary. It is believed the Clomid may have caused this. After the Clomid I took my Ovidrel shot when peaking to help release my egg (possibly eggs) within 24 hours. 24 hours later I had my insemination schedueled. After insemination I was told to immediately start taking Endometrin (Progesterone) twice a day to help ensure the embryo attached itself to my uterine wall. After finding out I was pregnant, I was informed my HTC was not increasing as quickly as it should. A week later my Thyroid was tested and found to be higher than normal. Due to this I was prescribed Thyroid medication for an overactive thyroid. I believe a week after I was told my Vitamin D levels were low and I should begin taking a 2000mg supplement of Vitamin D. After the 6th week, my Progesterone levels began to drop and my dosage for Endometrin went from 2 to 4 times a day. Then unfortunately I did not have a viable pregnancy. Throughout the pregnancy process I only met with Dr. Jeelani one time and saw more of Dr. Beltsos until the end.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Roohi Jeelani at Vios Fertility Institute.
My overall IUI process was $1200 out of pocket due to my insurance not covering it. The $1200 did not include any fertility drugs. Luckily, our insurance helped cover a majkr portion of the medication.
Describe Roohi Jeelani's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Vios Fertility Institute.
This does not apply to my case and was not discussed with Dr. Jeelani.
Other, Unexplained
The strengths of this clinic [Vios Fertility Institute] is after your initial appointment, you can make other appointments very quickly. We decided we were going to do IUI and got in just a few days later to start treatment toward it. There was no "you have to wait until next cycle because we do not have any open appointments". However, possibly due to this, appointments were rarely on time. On 3 occasions, we waited more than an hour for our appointment, but most frequently they ran about 20-30 minutes behind. There were occasionally appointments that were right on time, but this was more of a rarity.
Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Vios Fertility Institute.
The strengths of this clinic is after your initial appointment, you can make other appointments very quickly. We decided we were going to do IUI and got in just a few days later to start treatment toward it. There was no "you have to wait until next cycle because we do not have any open appointments". However, possibly due to this, appointments were rarely on time. On 3 occasions, we waited more than an hour for our appointment, but most frequently they ran about 20-30 minutes behind. There were occasionally appointments that were right on time, but this was more of a rarity.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Julie Rhee at Vios Fertility Institute?
At times, the office would be extremely busy, which led to moments of feeling like a number. However, when not busy, I felt I was treated like a human.
I came into contact with the nursing staff most often. They were definitely caring and encouraging along the way - whether that be in person, over the phone, or via portal messages. When my insurance gave me trouble with a prescription, they took steps to make sure it was approved and/or changed the medication brand, which saved me an incredible amount of money on prescriptions.
How was your experience with Julie Rhee at Vios Fertility Institute?
Dr. Rhee was knowledgeable, but concise. Before leaving Vios, after conceiving and determining our pregnancy was healthy, she did seem genuinely happy for us. However, due to having a limited number of interactions actually with her, it is hard to go much further in depth than that.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Julie Rhee at Vios Fertility Institute?
That you will have many more interactions with the nurses and other staff than with Dr. Rhee.
Describe the protocols Julie Rhee used in your cycles at Vios Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
We were lucky to have success with only 1 IUI cycle! I had a total of 2 transvaginal ultrasounds and baseline bloodwork prior to IUI to determine when follicles and hormones were ready. I was on femara for 5 days and took a trigger shot to trigger ovulation when my follicles were at the size that the doctor desired - 36 hours prior to IUI.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Julie Rhee at Vios Fertility Institute.
For all the testing, we paid about $1,200 with insurance coverage, including copays. For IUI, we paid $1200, which included all testing, IUI, and pregnancy check, but did not include prescriptions. All prescriptions prior to pregnancy cost about $250, with some being covered by insurance and others not being covered.
None, Unexplained
staff, especially our nurse Meredith, treated us with patience, kindness, and humor. They always remembered every detail of every conversation we had and were quick with responding to all emails and questions. We can’t say enough good things about the Vios Team!...office is warm and comforting. The whole staff always greeted you with a smile and made you feel at ease. It’s like one big family. Both the St. Louis and Swansea office were lovely. The only weakness is it’s hard to get a hold of someone directly. You almost always have to leave a message but that isn’t really a big deal because they are so quick to get back to you.
None, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Vios Fertility Institute.
The Vios office is warm and comforting. The whole staff always greeted you with a smile and made you feel at ease. It’s like one big family. Both the St. Louis and Swansea office were lovely. The only weakness is it’s hard to get a hold of someone directly. You almost always have to leave a message but that isn’t really a big deal because they are so quick to get back to you.
My husband and I felt like we were Dr. Rhee’s only patient. She and her staff, especially our nurse Meredith, treated us with patience, kindness, and humor. They always remembered every detail of every conversation we had and were quick with responding to all emails and questions. We can’t say enough good things about the Vios Team!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Vios Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Meredith )
I can’t sing Meredith’s praises enough! She was reliable and quick to respond to all emails and phone calls. Meredith made me feel so comfortable and trusting of the process. Meredith is amazing!
How was your experience with Julie Rhee at Vios Fertility Institute?
Dr. Rhee was amazing. She took her time checking in with my husband and I and explaining everything to us. She never seemed rushed nor did we ever feel rushed. When treatments had to be changed mid-course she was compassionate and honest with us. I highly recommend Dr. Rhee!
You will be very happy with Dr. Rhee. She is compassionate and honest so don’t hesitate to ask questions (all of them)!
For IVF and our fresh transfer we started with ultrasounds and blood work. We also gentic tested both my husband and myself. For IVF we did the normal monitoring (ultrasounds/bloodwork). Our fresh transfer resulted in a chemical pregnancy. To prepare for our frozen transfer we did a hydrosaline sonohystogram a few weeks before transfer. We transferred 2 embryos and are expecting twin girls in September.
We are very lucky and our insurance covered a big chunk of our treatment. I can’t remember the specifics but my best guess would be $3000
Describe Julie Rhee's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Vios Fertility Institute.
I would say Dr. Rhee prefers to transfer one embryo but was very open to us transferring two. She was honest about the risks of twin (multiples) pregnancy.
6 IVF, Surrogacy
Vios is new and growing rapidly...The office space is really nice and definitely has a calming vibe...My favorite part was that you could meet with the nurses right after labs in a consult room to discuss results and next steps.... I've never felt more taken care of by Dr. Beltsos and staff. They go the extra mile for you, and truly make you feel like you are a part of the team. They are extremely open to your thoughts and opinions
6 IVF, Surrogacy
Describe your experience with Vios Fertility Institute.
Vios is new and growing rapidly. There aren't a ton of locations and the NS office (in Glenview) is only open a few days a week. With that said, I traveled down to wicker park and it wasn't a big deal. The office space is really nice and definitely has a calming vibe to it which is nice when you are getting poked all the time. :) My favorite part was that you could meet with the nurses right after labs in a consult room to discuss results and next steps. Such a nice change of pace from having to wait all day to hear from your nurse!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Angeline N. Beltsos at Vios Fertility Institute?
After being a fertility patient for over 6 years (2 years with our first, 4 years trying to conceive a 2nd child), I've never felt more taken care of by Dr. Beltsos and staff. They go the extra mile for you, and truly make you feel like you are a part of the team. They are extremely open to your thoughts and opinions ( I know a lot after being a patient for so long!), and really do care for their patients like no other fertility clinic I've seen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Vios Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Fran Black)
Fran was amazing! After working with many, many nurses over the years, Fran went so far above and beyond. I knew all along she wanted this to work for us, and I never felt like she was on a workday schedule where I couldn't get her after 5p or on weekends. She was amazing!!!
How was your experience with Angeline N. Beltsos at Vios Fertility Institute?
I came do Vios at a very vulnerable time in my fertility journey. After 10 transfers with a gestational carrier, and 6 retrievals done by me and a late miscarriage at 16 weeks, I was emotionally exhausted. Dr. Beltsos and team, not only listened to me but were aggressive in treatment and really truly cared about me along the way.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Angeline N. Beltsos at Vios Fertility Institute?
I highly recommend Dr. Beltos. She's super smart, aggressive and incredibly caring! She's a trailblazer in what she'll try and is super up to speed on the latest research. I tell everyone I talk to in the fertility world to come prepared with questions and she's no different. She will never rush you, the only downside to that is sometimes you have to wait a bit at her office or for phone consults, but I'd rather that, than feel rushed in the critical time you have with the doctor.
Describe the protocols Angeline N. Beltsos used in your cycles at Vios Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
IVF: my last 4 cycles have been a bit all over the place so Dr. Beltsos wanted to get really aggressive as she knew my emotional and financial resources to keep going were growing thin. Meds: Primed with estrogen patches and pills, and testerone Lupron for 2 weeks before stimming Follistim (started with a very high dose, 750 for 2 days)...then it went down to 250/150 for the remainder menopur was mixed in half way through gainerelex triggered with ovidrel
Describe the costs associated with your care under Angeline N. Beltsos at Vios Fertility Institute.
IVF was around $15,000 but that included some costs for screening our surrogate.
Describe Angeline N. Beltsos's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Vios Fertility Institute.
we only had 1 normal after pgs to transfer so we went with 1
Chicago
I know it is impossible for every nurse/coordinator/tech to know the up-to-date details about my care. I had to correct the receptionist [at Vios Fertility Institute] about an appointment date. It wasn't a huge deal, but I feel like it's not something that should happen as certain dates/cycle days are crucial for fertility treatment.... Strengths: Friendly, knowledgeable, compassionate, clean office space, easy to locate Weaknesses: could work on organization/communication
Describe your experience with Vios Fertility Institute.
Strengths: Friendly, knowledgeable, compassionate, clean office space, easy to locate Weaknesses: could work on organization/communication With that being said though I would without a doubt refer a friend to this clinic
All of the staff at Vios-STL is very friendly and welcoming.
The nurses are knowledgeable. I feel like there could be a bit more organization within the office.
How was your experience with Julie Rhee at Vios Fertility Institute?
When seeking out a Fertility Specialist I was looking for a young, knowledgeable, and kind doctor. Julie Rhee is just that. She is positive, but also upfront with her findings and opinions. I feel as though she asks an appropriate amount of questions and is an active listener when I am speaking to her.
I was able to have A LOT of testing done with my gynecologist before seeing Dr. Rhee. Like Ultrasound, bloodwork, an HSG, and my husband had a semen analysis. Having all of this testing completed before seeing Julie Rhee was so beneficial for us. She was able to look at our results and we had a plan of action whenever I left my very first appointment with her.
On day 3 of my cycle, I had bloodwork and my baseline ultrasound (follicles and lining looked as they should on day 3) . Dr. Rhee put me on Letrozole days 3-7 of my cycle to get my follicles to mature. On day 10 of my cycle I went back in to get bloodwork and to have a saline ultrasound. This was to check my uterus for polyps/fibroids/abnormalities. (It all came back perfect!) On cycle day 11 my husband gave me an Ovidrel shot in my stomach and on day 13 the IUI was done in office. Right now (3/5/18) I am in my tww following the IUI.
My consultation appointment was $300. My initial bloodwork/US are still pending with insurance. But for the IUI, it was $1200 out of pocket, as our insurance pays $0. The Ovidrel shot was around $120.
St. Louis
We still have not received many of our bills and the billing coordinator [at Vios Feritlity Institute] has not been easy to communicate with. I was often able to do blood work or ultrasounds early in the morning before I went to work which was really helpful. The front desk person was always kind, but she was new and sometimes confused about when I needed to have a copay. It’s a small clinic location that I went to, which was nice because it felt more personal. They started a patient portal toward the end of my treatment which was helpful.
Describe your experience with Vios Fertility Institute.
Billing was really difficult to navigate. We still have not received many of our bills and the billing coordinator has not been easy to communicate with. I was often able to do blood work or ultrasounds early in the morning before I went to work which was really helpful. The front desk person was always kind, but she was new and sometimes confused about when I needed to have a copay. It’s a small clinic location that I went to, which was nice because it felt more personal. They started a patient portal toward the end of my treatment which was helpful.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Amber Cooper at Vios Fertility Institute?
I went to other doctors before Dr. Cooper and felt very much like I was just another number. Dr. Cooper really listened to us, remembered details even about our personal lives not related to infertility, and gave us hugs and encouragement throughout the process. She answered my emails personally and she called me herself whenever things were not going well, as well as to tell me about the success of my first embryo.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Vios Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Amie)
Our main nurse, Amie, seemed to be a newer nurse. She was young and her professionalism and sense of empathy came across as lacking in comparison to our doctor. The other nurses and ultrasound techs were all much more professional and nice. Amie did not show much enthusiasm when telling me we had two more embryos, did not teach me about medication injections until I requested it, and was chewing gum during my first IUI. She did always answer my emails but often did not seem very concerned about anything I was concerned about.
How was your experience with Amber Cooper at Vios Fertility Institute?
Dr Cooper was the single reason I kept going to Vios Fertility. She truly seemed like she cared and I completely trusted her with my care. She never rushed me out of an appointment, listened to all my concerns, answered all of my questions, and helped me to feel as comfortable as possible. She wasn’t always on time, but I was ok with that because I knew when I had her time that it was solely devoted to myself and my husband and our treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Amber Cooper at Vios Fertility Institute?
She’s probably going to be late a lot, but you can trust her and she won’t take advantage of you. She’s honest, very intelligent and very compassionate.
Describe the protocols Amber Cooper used in your cycles at Vios Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
We tried IUI first and it was not successful. We had done medicated cycles prior to ever seeing her. When IUI failed, we had issues with insurance. Insurance would not cover any other IUI cycles so we decided to do IVF. I did a lot of different injectables before my egg retrieval in August. I had 17 eggs retrieved, of which 11 were the right maturity. We did ICSI and all 11 fertilized. We had 3 make it to stage 5 blastocysts. My estrogen levels spiked too high so I was advised to freeze the embryos instead of doing a fresh cycle. Then my next three cycles we tried to thicken my uterus using estrogen pills and viagra and nothing worked to thicken it. Finally four months after retrieval, we got to the thickness level dr Cooper was advising by using injectables for ovarian stimulation and my body’s own estrogen. We then did our transfer of one embryo (she let us choose between transferring one or two) and it was successful. I’m currently 13 weeks pregnant and seeing an OB now.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Amber Cooper at Vios Fertility Institute.
Still waiting to find out really. We had some insurance coverage.
Describe Amber Cooper's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Vios Fertility Institute.
She did not advise transferring more than 2 of our 3 embryos. We chose to transfer one.
1 IUI, IVF
Endometriosis, PCOS
I love all the nurses [at Vios Fertility Institute], but there's a lot of them and they change every time you're there. There is now a patient portal that they ask you to send messages through. The nurses respond on there, but sometimes multiple nurses will respond to the same question with different answers. This becomes confusing and frustrating when you're trying to find out who called in a medication order and who will be following up on the medications. You will almost always meet with a nurse after your bloodworm and ultrasound and these experiences can vary from very rushed with little explanation as to how you're doing, to very detailed. But they are all very very nice!
European, Latino
1 IUI, IVF
Endometriosis, PCOS
Describe your experience with Vios Fertility Institute.
Strengths: cleanliness, location is great, parking is free and usually plentiful Weaknesses: not all phlebotomists check your name and label with blood which I require, communication through the portal is very informal and when lab results are uploaded there is no reference range posted next to them. So you have no idea if the numbers are good, bad, etc. I've seen other fertility sites that explain everything - this practice does not explain where you should be or what your numbers mean. They'll just upload the results and either call or message you with next steps. It would be nice to know where I should be during a certain time in my cycle or treatment. Reference ranges and more educational materials on each step would be a huge help.
The staff is very warm and remembers me as soon as I walk in. They are all very personable and Dr. Beltsos always has a warm smile even though I know she's very busy.
I love all the nurses, but there's a lot of them and they change every time you're there. There is now a patient portal that they ask you to send messages through. The nurses respond on there, but sometimes multiple nurses will respond to the same question with different answers. This becomes confusing and frustrating when you're trying to find out who called in a medication order and who will be following up on the medications. You will almost always meet with a nurse after your bloodworm and ultrasound and these experiences can vary from very rushed with little explanation as to how you're doing, to very detailed. But they are all very very nice! This might seem silly also, but when they reply to messages on the portal, the grammar is very bad and it makes it look very unprofessional. I've been given instruction on medication changes with abbreviations and spelling errors and all lower case text. :/ This happens to be the norm unfortunately. Maybe a template should be used when replying to patients.
How was your experience with Angeline N. Beltsos at Vios Fertility Institute?
Dr. Beltsos is very knowledgeable and smart and warm. She will take the time to sit with you during your initial consultation and also for an IVF Checklist appointment. I also saw her when she did my saline ultrasound. But those are the only 3 times I've seen her and I've been going to the clinic for about 8 months. This may be totally normal because most of the time I'm there is for baseline and ultrasounds. She did diagnose me with endometriosis and PCOS, both of which I had no idea I had. I'm very grateful for her knowledge, confidence and convenient locations and ability to know what will work best. She did tell me very early on that IVF would probably be my best bet and I now realize she was right. I took the fertility treatments very slowly and as naturally as possible at first.
Be sure to write questions down ahead of time so you get the most out of your appointments.
I did 3 Clomid cycles with 1 IUI. I think I cancelled one because I was afraid and I chose to try naturally for the other. I'm now undergoing IVF and will have egg retrieval soon.
most was insured, except for the cryofreezing of embryos, which was approximately $1200 for initial freezing and $500 each year thereafter for storage.
The only time this was discussed was during the IVF Checklist meeting which was with another doctor in her practice, Dr. Jeelani. She did say that they only transfer 1 embryo at a time. I appreciate that and didn't press further for why.
Angeline N. Beltsos
Monitoring [at Vios Fertility Institute] was very frequent but it was at the convenience of my work schedule...$4200 for the InvoCell cycle $1800 for medications...The office staff is wonderful, everyone was so nice and caring and very accomodating. There would be times i would call Mariah and have to change an appoiuntment 2 or 3 times and she was very sweet never heard annoyance in her voice
Describe your experience with Vios Fertility Institute.
Dr cooper was very compassionate in the way she treated me
Everyone was very nice and knowledgable
How was your experience with Amber Cooper at Vios Fertility Institute?
I contacted Dr cooper to have InvoCell done because we couldnt afford traditional IVF. She was very compassionate and thorough in going over the treatment plan. Her monitoring was very good but something was missed at the end. On wednesday i had 8 follicles i took my trigger shot that night and she brought me in 36 hours later for egg retrieval. I came out of surgery with 4 follicles that ovulated already so she only was able to get 2 eggs, one which was immature. The other 2 follicles didnt have eggs im assuming. So because i had premature ovulation she forfeited the Invocell and did an IUI to try and catch them. She ICSI the one "good" egg and she called the next day to report it was a 3PN. So i got no embryos and one egg that the embryo was no good. I got charged full price for the cycle $4200 plus medications. She offered me to help with medications for IVF as sone kind of compensation for not getting a "fair chance" this go around.
The only advice i can guve is just really know your cycle and if you suspect you may ovulate early tell her so she can adjust your supression meds
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Vios Fertility Institute.
Monitoring was very frequent but it was at the convenience of my work schedule
$4200 for the InvoCell cycle $1800 for medications mostly were covered by my insurance All monitoring appointments (US/bloodwork/saline US) covered by insurance.
She recommended for my age to transfer 2 but no more. Transferring 2 could still run the risk of them splitting resulting in 3 or more
St. Louis
They [Vios Fertility Institute] have a portal that allows you to communicate with the office for questions and in return they can communicate with you for dosage information and action plans. The day of retrieval was easy and the operating staff i.e. anesthesiologist etc were the most welcoming group I have ever encountered...I couldn't stop smiling as I was laying down in the operating chair.
Describe your experience with Vios Fertility Institute.
The clinic's strength is that you feel welcomed, heard and part of the team. The financial staff were very proactive in assisting with insurance information and letting you know ahead of time what to expect with possible costs. They also followed up unprompted. They have a portal that allows you to communicate with the office for questions and in return they can communicate with you for dosage information and action plans. The day of retrieval was easy and the operating staff i.e. anesthesiologist etc were the most welcoming group I have ever encountered. They asked me how my new kitty was and I was shocked they kept track or communicated with each other on purpose to bring it up so I would feel comfortable. I couldn't stop smiling as I was laying down in the operating chair.
I had her personal phone number, which I did use for questions. She answered timely and willing to answer any question I had. Her bed side manners were great and I felt comfortable in her presence.
I saw the same staff for blood draw and ultrasounds for the most part. they were all welcoming and willing to listen.
How was your experience with Roohi Jeelani at Vios Fertility Institute?
I was pleased with my experience at the clinic and with the doctor. She's knowledgeable and helped guide me through this process from the beginning. She was available when I needed to speak with her.
The advice I'd give is ask as many questions as you'd like.
I used Menopur and Follistim. When my follicles weren't growing fast enough she increased my Follistim dosage.
My insurance covers IVF and therefore covered the egg retrieval. The cost to freeze the eggs was $1,200. I had a copay for each visit.
Chicago
[Vios] Strengths: Easy to communicate with the nurse....Easy to schedule monitoring appointments. I never waited long for bloodwork...Weakness: Still having a billing issue with the office, which has nothing whatsoever to do with the care I received. Currently the set up is that all retrievals, transfers, and weekend monitoring is done in Swansea, IL, which is not too far away but less convenient than their St. Louis location. Other: If you are not getting a call back right away, send an email, you may get a faster response.
Describe your experience with Vios Fertility Institute.
Strengths: Easy to communicate with the nurse. I almost never needed to email Dr. Rhee herself as I felt like Meredith addressed any concerns or questions I had right away. Easy to schedule monitoring appointments. I never waited long for bloodwork or US. Compassionate people who are invested in the quality of care they provide. Weakness: Still having a billing issue with the office, which has nothing whatsoever to do with the care I received. Currently the set up is that all retrievals, transfers, and weekend monitoring is done in Swansea, IL, which is not too far away but less convenient than their St. Louis location. Other: If you are not getting a call back right away, send an email, you may get a faster response.
From the moment I met Dr. Rhee, I knew she saw me as a person. She had taken the time to thoroughly review my history and had an individualized plan to present at our first meeting. Dr. Rhee always greeted me warmly and asked how I am doing at each visit, especially if the visit was a difficult one where the results were not trending in the direction we hoped. She is approachable and is an excellent listener.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Vios Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Meredith)
Meredith is incredible. She is extremely organized and always called when she said she would. She answered emails much faster than I thought was necessary. I know she is up answering emails at 10pm after her kids are in bed. If she did not know the answer to my question, she would immediately ask Dr. Rhee and then get back to me with Dr Rhee's response.
How was your experience with Julie Rhee at Vios Fertility Institute?
Dr. Rhee is a brilliant but down to earth physician. She is easily approachable and communicates well. I was given her email address and used it sparingly, but it was very reassuring that I could send an email at any time if I needed to. Her approach is thoughtful and individualized. I was interested in some testing that was not standard of care, and I was impressed by her openness to review the relevant medical literature, contact the primary investigator of the study, and facilitate testing after it was determined that I was an appropriate candidate. It may have turned out that the testing and treatment for this condition tipped the balance towards favoring embryo implantation at my next transfer. I always felt like I understood the plan and that I was an important member of the team. I felt supported during my treatment and that my outcome mattered deeply to Dr Rhee. She was optimistic but never sugar coated my results.
Trust her. Dr. Rhee has your back.
Saline US: 1 adhesion found. Hysteroscopy: adhesion take down, scar tissue cleaned up from previous misscarriage HSG completed: normal Letrozole IUI X 3: Rational: PCOS, needed some help stimulating ovulation; mild male factor. Letrozole resulted in thin lining that did not respond to estrogen supplementation. All 3 IUI were negative. Stim cycle: Antagonist Protocol due to PCOS with Lupron, Gonal-F, and Menopur. HCG trigger. Prophylactic Cabergoline to prevent OHSS. Egg Retrieval: Freeze All. 17 eggs retrieved, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 11 day 3 embryos, 5 blastocysts sent for PGS testing. 3 euploid embryos. Frozen Transfer #1: Required escalating doses of estrogen patches that were not effective in thickening lining. Added Menopur injections which did the trick. Transferred after 5 days of IM Progesterone: Negative. Endometrial biopsies sent to evaluate for reasons while embryo may not have implanted (at my request). No chronic endometritis. Beta-3-Integrin absent. This is a cell adhesion molecule. Monthly Lupron Depot X 3 injections Mock Transfer Cycle #1 for ERA with letrozole and Menopur: Lining too thin, aborted cycle. Mock Transfer Cycle #2 for ERA: modified natural to let my own gonadotropins grow my lining instead. Endometrial biopsies performed at day 5 and day 7 of IM Progesterone and sent for ERA (Igenomix). Results: Window of implantation best at 6 full days of progesterone. Frozen Embryo Transfer # 2: Modified Natural Cycle FET with 6 full days of IM progesterone prior to transfer. Result: Currently pregnant in second trimester.
Freeze all IVF cycle: $12,500. FET: $2,900.
Dr. Rhee was okay with 1-2 embryos. I strongly desired eSET and she was supportive.
1 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
I had an issue [with Vios Fertility] where the wrong medications were sent to my specialty pharmacy, so I ran out of one of my medications for a day during a cycle. The clinic was able to get me a dose so I only missed one while I was waiting for the shipment...The nursing staff are compassionate, knowledgeable, and attentive. They speak with patients at each appointment, can be reached by text or portal, and are always eager to answer questions and concerns.
1 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Vios Fertility Institute.
The clinic has multiple locations which are clean, welcoming, and the staff are top-notch. There is parking at some (but not all) of the locations. The staff - from the front desk to the admin staff to U/S techs and lab team are professional and friendly. I always felt like a person and never a number.
Dr. Beltsos is a darling! She was thoughtful, attentive, personalized my care, remembered my and my partner's names, called or texted me with important results/updates, and always made me feel like she was fully present with me when we spoke.
How was your experience with Angeline N. Beltsos at Vios Fertility Institute?
Dr. Beltsos is warm, welcoming, and attentive - she is always so approachable! She was clear about risks and expectations, listened to my goals and addressed my concerns, and always explained things in ways that made sense. Whenever there was "big news" to discuss, she discussed it with me personally. I never felt like a number, even though she has a LOT of patients in her clinic. She really is an amazing provider - and so very knowledgeable and experienced.
Honestly, my advise in regards to Dr. Beltsos personally is to go with an open heart, listening ears, and have faith... and you won't be disappointed. About Fertility treatments in general: Use your employee FSA for deductibles and co-payments, since you'll easily use it up with frequent monitoring appointments and procedure deductibles. The clinic has amazing staff that can explain insurance coverage and billing, as well as offer insight into assistance programs.
Egg retrievals: Labs and U/S are done at baseline, and every 2-3 days. Methylprednisolone and doxycycline, follistimAQ (FSH), Menopur (FSH/LH) for stimulation, ganirelix for preventing ovulation, Lupron trigger for PCOS (like myself), Pregnyl/ HcG for folks not at high risk for hyperstimulation. I was advised against fresh transfer because I overstimulated each cycle. 40 eggs were retrieved and 33 preserved on my first retrieval; however, my second cycle which was planned for embryo preservation yielded much fewer follicles and poorer egg quality (16 retrieved, 12 were mature, 10 fertilized, 2 resulted in blastocysts). I was advised to add myo-inositol and CoQ10 for egg quality on my last cycle of COH. On the third (and hopefully last) retrieval for embryo preservation, 25 eggs were retrieved, 20 were mature, 16 fertilized, and we are still awaiting the final count for blastocysts. Timed Intercourse: Clomid, then follistim and pregnyl trigger when I wasn't responsive to Clomid alone. U/S monitoring was used to confirm follicle maturation and ovulation.
I was fortunate that my insurance covered much of the costs once I met my out-of-pocket expense and deductible. Without insurance, I would never have been able to afford my care. Honestly, it was costly even WITH coverage.
Unsure.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Everyone at Vios that we interacted with was truly exceptional...Meredith, was always available to answer any calls or questions I had. Even on the weekends, she got back to me quickly. Chris the phlotobemist was also wonderful. She did the best blood draws and always made me feel comfortable and relaxed. I really felt that they all cared. They were always and empathetic and patient with my husband and I. They definitely made this difficult process much easier.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with Vios Fertility Institute.
Dr. Rhee and her team at Vios are beyond exceptional. Infertility is hard and going through treatment, IVF, etc is even harder. The care and attention that Dr. Rhee and her team provided my husband and I with was excellent. She was able to isolate our issues and form an appropriate treatment to help us achieve our goal of having a family. I am now pregnant into my second trimester and I would not be here without the help of Dr. Rhee. I truly felt that she always considering what was best for us physically, mentally and financially. I really felt that they all cared about what were going through and I was always confident that it would turn out ok. I would 100% recommend Dr. Rhee to anyone struggling with infertility. She was highly recommended to me by my OB and I am so glad that we decided to go with her. Everyone at Vios that we interacted with was truly exceptional. Dr. Rhee, Meredith, Chris, the ultrasound techs, etc were always patient and extremely empathetic to us as we navigated through the entire process.
She was always very patient with my husband and I, taking the time to carefully explain everything and always was there to answer our questions. I felt that she really tried to do what was best for us physically, mentally and financially.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Vios Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Meredith Woody)
All of the nurses at Vios were wonderful. Meredith, was always available to answer any calls or questions I had. Even on the weekends, she got back to me quickly. Chris the phlotobemist was also wonderful. She did the best blood draws and always made me feel comfortable and relaxed. I really felt that they all cared. They were always and empathetic and patient with my husband and I. They definitely made this difficult process much easier.
How was your experience with Julie Rhee at Vios Fertility Institute?
Dr. Rhee had a great bedside manner. When we first went to see her, she did her due diligence by testing both my husband and I myself, came up with treatment solutions, explained all of them and left it up to us to decide. The course of treatment was always communicated clearly and I felt that I knew what to expect. When we had set backs, she was patient with us and adjusted the plan.
Be patient. The entire process is hard and can take time, but it does work. Do not lose faith.
My husband and I decided that IVF would be the best plan to help us get pregnant. The process was carefully explained to us before we started and when we were going through it, i was constantly monitored and my meds/dosage were often adjusted to make sure everything was optimal. While there was a schedule to follow, Dr. Rhee explained that everyone responds differently and adjustments are made. I am so glad they carefully monitored me. I was able to get 12 eggs from retrieval and 5 were able to be fertilized and frozen. Our fresh transfer was unsuccessful, but since we had quality embryos, we were able to jump into a frozen transfer very quickly after the failure with the fresh. The frozen transfer worked and I am now pregnant into my second trimester.
The costs were typical costs for an IVF. I felt as though it was in line with research we had done with what IVF actually costs.
Yes, Dr. Rhee always recommended that we only transfer 1. Through both transfers, we listened to her advice and only did the 1 each time.
St. Louis
Both locations [for Vios Fertility Institute] have beautifully decorated office space. All of the staff is friendly. A weakness might be that some of the ultrasound techs are maybe new to fertility scans and can take a long time and also don't always share the screen so you can see what they are looking at.... Meredith and Andrea [nurses] are both wonderful. So sweet and caring as well as organized and easy to get in contact with, if any questions arise. They always call or email when they say they are going to. I have never had any issues with getting them to order medications or give clear instructions on what to do and when, with those medications. Both are very good communicators and it is appreciated when doing a treatment that can be so stressful.
Describe your experience with Vios Fertility Institute.
Both locations have beautifully decorated office space. All of the staff is friendly. A weakness might be that some of the ultrasound techs are maybe new to fertility scans and can take a long time and also don't always share the screen so you can see what they are looking at. But I think that is just part of being a newer practice that is growing rapidly.
Dr. Rhee is very personable and easy to talk to. She is willing to call you on the phone, meet in the office, email, whatever it takes to make you feel comfortable, no matter if it is good news or bad. She knows me and my husband and is always asking about how we are outside of our fertility life.
Meredith and Andrea are both wonderful. So sweet and caring as well as organized and easy to get in contact with, if any questions arise. They always call or email when they say they are going to. I have never had any issues with getting them to order medications or give clear instructions on what to do and when, with those medications. Both are very good communicators and it is appreciated when doing a treatment that can be so stressful.
How was your experience with Julie Rhee at Vios Fertility Institute?
Dr. Rhee is amazing. We have been candid from our very first consultation that we were nearing the end of our fertility journey, but wanted to try one more doctors perspective. She was willing to work with us on what she thought would be most successful for us. Even when things didn't turn out like we'd hoped, she called and talked to us and just let us know that she was sorry and that she is always thinking of the next steps we could try, if we wanted to, but never any pressure. She was extremely thorough with us, doing just about every test under the sun to make sure we had the best quality embryos to transfer with a perfectly healthy and capable uterus. That way should our journey come to an end without a baby, that we could live without regrets, knowing we did everything we could. Couldn't be happier with our choice of RE.
Make sure you ask questions, she is always happy to talk to you about how she came to her decisions, makes you feel more comfortable going forward.
We did an IUI cycle with femara because it was one low cost intervention that we hadn't tried yet. I felt I had ovulated earlier that anticipated and Dr. Rhee was able to get us in quickly for 2 IUIs 24 hrs apart. Treatment was negative, but we felt we needed to try an "easy" approach just in case it worked out for us. We then moved on to IVF with Cetrotide. This was a new protocol for me doing IVF but nothing else had worked so we were willing to give it a chance. My body did not like cetrotide, I had a lower number of eggs retrieved and poor quality embryos. We did not have any embryos to freeze for genetic testing or for transfer. She then decided to go back to the lupron I had been on with previous cycles and my body responded much better. We did 2 retrievals for embryo banking and PGS testing with the same protocol. We ended up with 7 embryos tested with PGS and 2 were normal. We have done receptivity testing with pre and post receptive results and transferred 1 embryo which unfortunately was not successful.
Cost for treatments are comparable to other clinics I have been to. I feel they are fair and willing to work with you on payment options.
Dr Rhee was willing to let us decide if we wanted a single embryo transfer or transfer 2 embryos. She let us know that a eSET is the most recommended and gave use the pros/cons and percentage of likelihood we would be successful with both eSET or transferring two. We appreciated her insight, but ultimately it was up to me and my husband, with Dr. Rhee's guidance.
St. Louis
We found both locations [Vios - STL] to be well-run, organized and professional. We also found it to be hugely convenient that they had a location in Illinois as well. They were willing to work around our work schedules for early appointments and provided quick feedback on any question we had...From the first appointment...[the] staff were compassionate and informative...Any time I received an EOB or bill that needed clarification on, Lisa was quick to offer insight and explanation. Dr. Rhee's office went so far as to resubmit billing for a procedure that was coded incorrectly.
Describe your experience with Vios Fertility Institute.
We found both locations to be well-run, organized and professional. We also found it to be hugely convenient that they had a location in Illinois as well. They were willing to work around our work schedules for early appointments and provided quick feedback on any question we had.
From the first appointment, Dr. Rhee and her staff were compassionate and informative. She took as much time as needed to be sure that we understood exactly what was to come. She was also honest, which we greatly appreciated. She was clear in stating that pregnancy may not happen right away, but that her office would see us through until the end.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Vios Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Meredith and Lisa)
I was in communication with many of Dr. Rhee's staff and every experience was a pleasant one. Every single staff member was kind, compassionate and patient. They treated us like someone they had a personal investment in and were genuinely hopeful for our success. We couldn't be more pleased or thankful for each of them and the service they provided.
How was your experience with Julie Rhee at Vios Fertility Institute?
Dr. Rhee made it a point to explain all potential risks and benefits of certain tests and procedures. With full understanding, we were comfortable in taking any advice she offered. In testing, she discovered an issue that required surgery. Dr. Rhee made every effort to make us feel calm and comfortable before, during and after said procedure, even taking the time to discuss it afterwards with family that accompanied me. She remained compassionate and optimistic throughout or entire experience with VIOS.
Be calm and remain hopeful. Infertility can lead you on a roller coaster of emotions that Dr. Rhee makes every effort to understand.
Being diagnosed with unexplained infertility, my husband and I felt a bit defeated as to what course of treatment would best suit our situation. Dr. Rhee explained all options including the costs, pros, cons and success rates. After initial testing showed that both my husband and I were healthy, we chose IUI. After 5 days of chlomid, followed by the trigger shot, we went in for our procedure. We were thrilled to learn 2 weeks later that the IUI was successful and that we are expecting our little bundle due this Fall. Even at our post-pregnancy consult, Dr. Rhee was just as excited to learn that we had success the first time around, as we had been warned that it wasn't particularly common.
We were one of the few with little to no fertility coverage through our insurance. Dr. Rhee took the time to explain what would be most financially feasible and also explained that we would have access to CareCredit, if needed. Our total cost would not be the average, thus I have chosen to withhold actual figures. Any time I received an EOB or bill that needed clarification on, Lisa was quick to offer insight and explanation. Dr. Rhee's office went so far as to resubmit billing for a procedure that was coded incorrectly. In my opinion, they all did what was within their power to provide the most cost-efficient care for us.
St. Louis
My primary nurse [at Vios Fertility Institute] was amazing! During my time, the office was smaller so I didn't always get someone on the first call, but I always got a call back in a reasonable amount of time... My nurse and the entire team at Vios always had my appointments and procedure protocols organized and I never felt lost in the process. The entire team at Vios was genuinely invested in my care and outcome...Everything was organized and I never had issues with appointments or prescriptions. You do have to be prepared to visit their Mercy office and their IL office during an IVF cycle.
Describe your experience with Vios Fertility Institute.
During my treatment, I felt I was treated very much like a human and not a number. I could call the office and talk to Dr. Rhee or her nurse, Meredith, at any time. Never felt rushed through a conversation. I also got to know the the other ladies in the office, so it felt more like a family during this difficult time.
My primary nurse was amazing! During my time, the office was smaller so I didn't always get someone on the first call, but I always got a call back in a reasonable amount of time. I know they are growing, so this might be different now. My nurse and the entire team at Vios always had my appointments and procedure protocols organized and I never felt lost in the process. The entire team at Vios was genuinely invested in my care and outcome.
How was your experience with Julie Rhee at Vios Fertility Institute?
Dr. Rhee explained the options, heard my concerns, and offered a recommendation of treatment, but I always felt like I had a choice. In fact, during our last cycle she explained a concern she had, but also shared that she was comfortable with either course of action we decided on. We also experienced low numbers of eggs during our 2 retrievals. Dr. Rhee explained why she was comfortable and confident with continuing the cycle and we were lucky enough to end up with being pregnant with twins. Dr. Rhee was compassionate, provided me with all the necessary information and never made us feel pressured into a decision. The day I was discharged with a healthy pregnancy was an very exciting day, yet a little sad because Dr. Rhee and her team were more like family throughout our journey.
Explore your options, but you can be confident in a decision to seek treatment with Dr. Rhee.
After my OBGYN tested me for egg quality and reserve and tested my husband, Dr. Rhee began our treatment with a sonohysterosalpingogram. My tubes were not blocked, but I had dilation so Dr. Rhee recommended a hysterosalpingogram (HSG) before we moved forward with treatment. The HSG showed the dye coming through, but pooled. Dr. Rhee was comfortable with moving forward with treatment. Had it showed blockage, she would have removed the blocked tube. Because we were lucky enough to have our insurance cover IVF and we had previous pregnancy resulting in a genetic abnormality that was fatal, Dr. Rhee recommended IVF over IUI. IVF allowed us to do a genetic screening of the embryos (PGS). Because of my age and health, there was no concern or any reason to believe we wouldn't get a desired amount of eggs for the egg retrieval. I went through the first IVF cycle, but Dr. Rhee was only able to retrieve 5 eggs - 4 of which were mature. 1 egg did not make it to day 5. We tested 3 eggs with PGS. All came back abnormal. Dr. Rhee recommended another cycle of IVF and depending on how many eggs we got this time, we would bank the eggs and do another cycle. For our second IVF cycle, we changed the injections in hopes of more eggs. Unfortunately we only retrieved 3 eggs. But, we had high quality embryos again and 2 out of 3 made it to day 5 (not very common). Because the first PGS test showed all embryos to be abnormal, but abnormal for unusual chromosomal issues that would either cause an early miscarriage or would autocorrect, we talked to Dr. Rhee about skipping the PGS test and doing a fresh egg transfer. Dr. Rhee was very supportive and comfortable with the option. After much consideration, we took a leap of faith and skipped the PGS test and transferred our only 2 embryos. Six days later I got a positive home pregnancy test and Dr. Rhee did a blood test 9 days after the transfer and confirmed I was pregnant. We went for blood work 2 more times to monitor numbers and then went in for an ultrasound at 6 weeks were it was confirmed we were having twins. We heard 2 heartbeats - it was the best day! Dr. Rhee scanned me weekly through 9 weeks when I was discharged with a healthy pregnancy.
I was lucky enough to have insurance coverage so all i paid was my out of pocket maximum. Leading to this were office visit copays, paying for injections before delivery and paying 50% of procedure cost prior to the procedure. The remaining balance was due after it went through insurance after procedure completion.
Dr. Rhee made us aware of the possibility of embryos splitting and shared all the information on the risks of carrying multiples. She also shared that based on my age and other factors, one embryo was recommended. But, she gave us the option of 1 or 2, but would not do more. I was very happy to be able to make my own decision after hearing all of the facts.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
I saw the same nurses and patient coordinators [at Vios STL] every time I was there, and when I had questions I didn't have to give them every little detail of where I was in the process, they committed it to memory and knew how to answer my questions without prompting...Meredith is the bees knees. She's incredible. We've been working with Vios for months, and she was there the entire way through. She was present at every procedure, she answered all my calls and emails within hours [even on the weekends!], she was incredibly organized when giving us direction, and she often called to check up on us throughout the process.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Vios Fertility Institute.
I can't say enough wonderful things about Dr. Rhee and her incredible team at Vios Fertility Clinic. My husband and I interviewed them and sought their help after three years without success and two miscarriages. Dr. Rhee took the time to hand-hold us through the entire process and could begin right away. She is knowledgeable, she is kind, and I have no doubt that she's absolutely the best! What I loved most about working with the team at Vios is the friendly faces I saw through each appointment - consistently seeing the same team members, team members who know us and our story - put our minds at ease. I didn't have to explain our "saga" or where I was in the IVF process with every question, Meredith [the best damn patient coordinator of all time!] knew exactly what was going on with me. My questions were answered thoroughly and quickly - and trust me, after what we've been through, we had a lot [poor Meredith!]! I can't thank this incredible team enough for making our dreams of having a family come true! If you want the best care, the best team, and the best experience the group at Vios is the choice for you, they are truly your partner in conception. The only suggestion for change I might have is in the document given outlining medicine post-transfer. The first transfer we misread the information and we were a day or two late in starting a protocol. The sheet was a little confusing because it lists all the medicines, but not necessarily in the order you'll start them. It might be more beneficial to have sheet that outlines each day and what you take. I was able to type up my own at home, that included check marks every day that I checked when I took the medicine, and it was much easier to manage the second time around. This is SUCH a minor thing, I only thought of it because you're asking!
Julie's entire staff knows us by name. Often times, I didn't even have to sign in upon arrival, they knew me already! I saw the same nurses and patient coordinators every time I was there, and when I had questions I didn't have to give them every little detail of where I was in the process, they committed it to memory and knew how to answer my questions without prompting.
Meredith is the bees knees. She's incredible. We've been working with Vios for months, and she was there the entire way through. She was present at every procedure, she answered all my calls and emails within hours [even on the weekends!], she was incredibly organized when giving us direction, and she often called to check up on us throughout the process. There's not a single thing I would change about my interactions with Meredith!
How was your experience with Julie Rhee at Vios Fertility Institute?
Dr. Rhee is fantastic, I truly can't imagine having gone to anyone else. In our very first appointment, she took the time to get to know us and our story. She had already reviewed all of our charts, and had a game plan in mind for what came next. She spent a significant amount of time explaining what would happen and how it would happen to us as well as any risks involved. She could get started right away, and she held our hand through the whole process. While Dr. Rhee is incredibly smart, she also has a wonderful bedside manner. She made the process fun and even though we didn't conceive through "conventional means" she really made the process special for us. I'll never forget what she's done for our family. Dr. Rhee couldn't have been more wonderful, I honestly wouldn't change a single thing!
I would tell a prospective client to meet her as soon as they're ready; the whole process isn't as scary as you think, she makes it wonderful!
While I don't recall specific names, I can tell you that we did two transfers. The first time we did an egg retrieval and a fresh transfer. During that process I took injectable and oral hormones/prescriptions while building the egg reserve, a trigger shot, and then after transfer. We did not have success on this transfer. Next we did a frozen egg transfer, adjusting protocol and increasing the number of embryos transferred to two [rather than one on the first try]; we had success! Because we didn't have to do a retrial, this process was simpler. We still had injectables and oral medication, slightly altered from the first round. I am currently 9.5 weeks pregnant.
The cost for the care with Dr. Rhee was around $16,000, I think.
St. Louis
The entire office staff [at Vios Fertility Institute] is fantastic, and you grow to feel like they are an extension of your family. We never had a long wait at the office, and always could make appointment times around our full-time work schedule... felt like they were invested in our success as much as we were. We couldn't have been happier with the level of care we received during a difficult journey.
Describe your experience with Vios Fertility Institute.
Vios was a great clinic to go to; they recently moved into a bigger office, and the décor is very welcoming to patients. The entire office staff is fantastic, and you grow to feel like they are an extension of your family. We never had a long wait at the office, and always could make appointment times around our full-time work schedule.
Dr. Rhee individualized all treatment plans and really took the time to get to know my husband and I at each visit. We got to know not only her but her office staff on a personal level, and felt like they were invested in our success as much as we were. We couldn't have been happier with the level of care we received during a difficult journey.
Meredith is the BEST! She was always available whenever we needed ANYTHING, and took the time to explain everything in detail. It was obvious that she cared about all her patients and her warm, caring personality was much appreciated during this stressful time!
How was your experience with Julie Rhee at Vios Fertility Institute?
Dr. Rhee was fantastic to work with. My husband and I didn't know what to expect and because of that were nervous about going down the path of infertility treatment. Dr. Rhee immediately made us feel at ease our first visit, as she truly got to know us and our background and took a genuine interest in our journey. She was very knowledgeable and immediately came up with a treatment plan moving at a pace we were comfortable with. As setbacks occurred, she would quickly adjust the plan to ensure that we were getting the best treatment for success. We saw her several times within our treatment, and she was always available if we needed any additional information. We couldn't have been happier with her professionalism, knowledge, and how she treated us.
Don't be nervous and don't hesitate to get started right away. Dr. Rhee will immediately make you feel at ease and works with patients to understand where they are at in the process and how aggressive they want to be with treatments. She would often give us several options and take the time to discuss them in depth so we could make a decision we were comfortable with. She's the best!
We originally started off with femara and timed intercourse, as my husband and I weren't ready for some of the more aggressive treatment plans emotionally yet. However, after the first cycle of femara it was confirmed that I wasn't ovulating, so Dr. Rhee immediately adjusted the treatment plan and added in additional monitoring. We used both femara and injectables (Gonal G) the second cycle along with a trigger shot and an IUI. That cycle resulted in a chemical pregnancy. The next cycle, which was successful we stuck with the femara and injectables (Menapur) and IUI. Dr. Rhee adjusted the type of injectable as I was close to over-responding on a low-dose of Gonal F. The 2nd IUI cycle was our successful cycle!
St. Louis
Clinic [Vios Fertility Institute] was near my office but the surgery center was far (did not know when I first made an appointment). All my office visits were mostly in Mercy location. They had early appointments which was great cuz I didn’t have to miss work. Clinic was clean and well maintained.... Around 14,000 for retrieval and fresh transfer. And around 4000 for frozen transfer. All before insurance.... Appointments were early so I didn’t have to miss work too much.
Describe your experience with Vios Fertility Institute.
Clinic was near my office but the surgery center was far (did not know when I first made an appointment). All my office visits were mostly in Mercy location. They had early appointments which was great cuz I didn’t have to miss work. Clinic was clean and well maintained.
Dr. Rhee seems to genuinely care about our struggle to get pregnant. She was always pleasant and I felt confident that things were going to work out.
Very sweet and always available to answer my questions.
How was your experience with Julie Rhee at Vios Fertility Institute?
Dr. Rhee is very knowledgeable. She answered all my questions without any hesitation. When I got sick from the medications, she seemed very concerned and had her staff keep in touch with me. She helped me make educated choices regarding my treatment.
Ask many questions!! And don’t hesitate to start treatment soon.
We started with IUI first with a high dose of clomid. I failed to ovulate so we discontinued the cycle. Instead, Dr Rhee advised me to jump to IVF because it had higher success rate (50% chance vs only 1% with IUI). We did a successful egg retrieval. First cycle of ivf (fresh 5 day) was unsuccessful primarily because I got sick with OHSS. The second cycle we used 2 frozen embryos and we were successful!! Gave a birth to a beautiful baby girl.
Appointments were early so I didn’t have to miss work too much.
I was young and first cycle she advised me to do a single transfer. Second cycle we opted for 2 transfers because we wanted a higher chance of success.
St. Louis
[Clinic errors at Vios Fertility Institute were] Just billing issues and not receiving phone calls with results or next steps...Great clinic, just getting busier everyday. So sometimes you have to wait a long time. And the billing department doesn't seem to really know what is going on. I would highly recommend...would ask me questions that they should know the answer to. For example, I was using donor sperm and they asked my husband to go back to give his sample.
Describe your experience with Vios Fertility Institute.
Great clinic, just getting busier everyday. So sometimes you have to wait a long time. And the billing department doesn't seem to really know what is going on. I would highly recommend. That is all.
The only time I felt like a number is when they got super busy and would ask me questions that they should know the answer to. For example, I was using donor sperm and they asked my husband to go back to give his sample.
The only bad thing I have to say is sometimes I would not get a phone call with my results. I would have to call in the next day and they would apologize for not getting back to me
How was your experience with Amber Cooper at Vios Fertility Institute?
Dr. Cooper was amazing. I had a break down on the phone with one of the nurses because my cycle wasn't going as good as I wanted. Minutes later Dr. Cooper called me and she was out of the country on vacation and calmed me down.
None
1st IUI, Clomid and ovidril 2nd IUI letrozol, follistim, and ovidril 3rd iui all injectibles 4th all injectable 5th letroloze and injectibles with cetrotide included InvoCell. Gonal F, menopur, cetrotide, and trigger
I've spent a total of about 18000
St. Louis
We love, love, LOVED Meredith [a nurse at Vios Fertility Institute]! She was extremely responsive and knowledgeable about our treatments and able to answer any and all questions.... Dr. Rhee, all of the nurses, and the entire office staff took the time to get to know my husband and I. With as often as we were going to the office, it was nice to feel like we were visiting friends rather than focusing on the pending appointment.
Describe your experience with Vios Fertility Institute.
I would give this office high ratings even during our treatment before we had success. I really do not have anything but wonderful things to say about this clinic and would highly recommend any family and friends.
We love, love, LOVED Meredith! She was extremely responsive and knowledgeable about our treatments and able to answer any and all questions.
How was your experience with Julie Rhee at Vios Fertility Institute?
Dr. Rhee was extremely compassionate and made sure all of our concerns were addressed. Despite seeing how busy her office was at times, I always felt like I was her only patient. She is knowledgeable, trustworthy, and comforting. Throughout our treatment, I felt like we were given decisions of which route we wanted to go, and able to make decisions based on financial impact and how aggressive we wanted to be.
You could be in for a long, tiring journey, but you are in absolutely wonderful hands!
Endometriosis, Unexplained
It's a new clinic [Vios]. The office is small and cramped. It doesn't even have a bathroom in it which was a problem...I passed out after a procedure and was in pain. The nurse could barley manage to come into the room and help me. Thankfully my husband was there to take care of me. The Medical assistant was also helpful but being an nurse myself I wasn't impressed. When your patient needs something you help no excuses...
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Vios Fertility Institute.
It's a new clinic. The office is small and cramped. It doesn't even have a bathroom in it which was a problem.
I felt pushed to do this test and take that medicine. I didn't feel listened to. This was not my first time doing treatment and I know my body, I know what works and I wanted a doctor who would take that into consideration
How was your experience with Julie Rhee at Vios Fertility Institute?
She wanted to get started quickly. I didn't feel like we had the time we wanted to have our questions answered. Not overall compassionate after I passed out from a procedure. I left feeling like I don't want these people taking care of me when i am under anthesthia
Go somewhere else. Go to someone who has more experience. She just started practicing on her own at the start of 2016
St. Louis
The nursing staff [at Vios -STL clinic] and Dr. Rhee work as a team. They are all there to help the patients achieve their dream- successful pregnancy...I would recommend a prospective patient to not waste time going to see Julie. I know it can be overwhelming at the thought of starting fertility treatment after trying to get pregnant naturally on your own for awhile, but seeing Julie is exactly the next step you should take. She also provides many options for how to get pregnant and does full testing to see if she can determine the root cause before starting any tests...
When I first met with Dr. Rhee, she took the time to not only try to understand the fertility issues we had that led us to her, but to just get to know us and help my husband and I feel relaxed.
The nursing staff and Dr. Rhee work as a team. They are all there to help the patients achieve their dream- successful pregnancy.
How was your experience with Julie Rhee at Vios Fertility Institute?
Julie Rhee is exactly what you want in a doctor, especially when you're going through the overwhelming emotions that infertility causes. Julie is extremely intelligent, a clear communicator, and genuinely cares for her patients. She was able to provide clear options and give me hope.
St. Louis
Though Vios is a newer clinic, their staff is the best. Very professional and personable. You don't feel like a number. They're still working through billing kinks, but all my questions are answered/taken care of when I call...The nursing staff works as a team. All knew me by name. Meredith was very responsive to my needs and always provided honest feedback...Dr. Rhee and staff were very caring and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Vios Fertility Institute.
Dr. Rhee and staff were very caring and compassionate. I received so much more personal attention than I did with my prior Doctor.
How was your experience with Julie Rhee at Vios Fertility Institute?
Dr. Rhee is the best! She truly cares for her patients and customizes each treatment plan to your personal needs. She takes her time with each patient, answering any and all questions. I never felt rushed when at her office.
Ask questions. Dr. Rhee does a great job answering any questions you may have. She is honest, intelligent and compassionate.
7 IUI, 5 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
The entire staff at Vios was extremely helpful. They were always there to assist in anyway they could. Meredith was very organized, always upbeat and was exceptional at following up with me. I could e-mail or call anytime of the day and she got back with me almost immediately!
7 IUI, 5 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Dr. Rhee personalizes an individual plan for each patient, you do not just follow some standard protocol. She takes the time to meet with you and discuss all tests and procedures as well as answer any questions you have.
How was your experience with Julie Rhee at Vios Fertility Institute?
Dr. Rhee is very positive and genuine. It is very apparent she loves her job! She carries herself in a very professional manner and is very knowledgable. She takes the time to explain every detail of the tests and procedures, what they are, why they are done and what the results mean.
1 IUI, 6 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
[Vios Fertility Institute] Parking. Convenient location. Clean. Friendly. Very efficient. Never had to wait long for an ultrasound or blood work. They were always able to get me in quickly. Could schedule around my work schedule...[nursing staff] Very informed. Never had to wait long for a response....She [Dr. Beltsos] was a great doc. With her, I got nearly twice as many eggs at retrieval compared to my prior doctor.
European, East Asian
1 IUI, 6 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Vios Fertility Institute.
She spoke to me and my husband intelligently. Very warm person
Very informed. Never had to wait long for a response.
How was your experience with Angeline N. Beltsos at Vios Fertility Institute?
She was a great doc. With her, I got nearly twice as many eggs at retrieval compared to my prior doctor. Very informed. Very kind. Up to date. Not sure if a lot could be changed about our embryo outcome though ...
See her before any other docs
Androgen priming. Poor responders protocol. Growth hormone. 750 follistim for 3 days, then weaning of follistim and adding Menopur.
Copays
Single because we don’t have many embryos
Chicago
Communication and corresponding are strengths [at Vios Fertility Institute]. The one and only issue I had was parking was TERRIBLE. The office is nice, personnel was friendly. Ultrasound was efficient and quick. I enhoyed my overall experience with Vios...[nurses were] Nice, and accommodating...[Dr. Roohi Jeelani was] Very caring and willing to explain and accommodate with extra time...Very knowledgeable, strong communicator, compassionate and caring. I felt valued and cared for, it was like a personal touch was given. She spent time addressing all my concerns and encouraged me when things seemed impossible...Communication and corresponding are strengths.
Latino, Black or African-American
Describe your experience with Vios Fertility Institute.
Communication and corresponding are strengths. The one and only issue I had was parking was TERRIBLE. The office is nice, personnel was friendly. Ultrasound was efficient and quick. I enhoyed my overall experience with Vios
Very caring and willing to explain and accommodate with extra time
Nice, and accommodating.
How was your experience with Roohi Jeelani at Vios Fertility Institute?
Be completely open and transparent with her.
Chicago
Dr. Rhee took the time to explain all of our options and the procedures in great detail, so that we were comfortable moving forward. She also adjusted our treatment course as indicated if a cycle was unsuccessful...All of the Vios staff, including the nurse, receptionist, ultrasonographer, and lab technician, were fantastic. They were prompt to respond to my questions, call me with test results, and gave excellent direction in terms of next steps, how to use certain medications, etc.
Dr. Rhee and her staff were extremely kind, patient, and informative throughout our time as patients. They were also very flexible in working with my busy schedule and getting me in for early appointments.