Virginia Fertility Associates

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
9030 Stony Point Parkway, #450
Richmond, VA 23235
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Virginia Fertility Associates to a friend?
2 doctors
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
We are currenty doing Femara + Ovidrel injectsion + timed intercourse [with Richmond Center for Fertility], I seem to be responding better and better each month...My husband does have sperm issues, the count and motility are fine but the shape are off, so that plus my PCOS makes it challenging. So far we've done this course of treatment 4 times. In the beginning I had such irregular cycles I was on Provera to induce periods, I am now having natural cycles.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with Virginia Fertility Associates.
The clinic is always clean, welcoming and they often have little treats next their coffee machine which is nice on the days when you have to get stuck with needles. Plenty of parking and the clinic that does the sperm is on the floor below so you can do everything in the same place.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Anish Shah at Virginia Fertility Associates?
Dr. Shah and his team are very personable and took the time to get to know both myself and my husband and are very patient when answering our questions and concerns. I once had to call him on a weekend and I could hear him taking time away from his own family and kids to help answer my questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Virginia Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: June)
June and the other staff are very helpful, patient and knowledgeable.
How was your experience with Anish Shah at Virginia Fertility Associates?
Dr. Shah always makes me feel comfortable, answers my questions and never makes me feel like I am in a rush, even though the office is very busy. He always has a positive demeanor and has a great bedside manner, showing compassion each time things don't work out the way we had hoped.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Anish Shah at Virginia Fertility Associates?
He's a very compassionate doctor.
Describe the protocols Anish Shah used in your cycles at Virginia Fertility Associates and their degree of success.
We are currenty doing Femara + Ovidrel injectsion + timed intercourse, I seem to be responding better and better each month, last month I had 2 healthy folicles (one on each side about the same size) My husband does have sperm issues, the count and motility are fine but the shape are off, so that plus my PCOS makes it challenging. So far we've done this course of treatment 4 times. In the beginning I had such irregular cycles I was on Provera to induce periods, I am now having natural cycles.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anish Shah at Virginia Fertility Associates.
So far my insurance is covering most things, I do have to pay for my shot out of pocket, which comes from Mandells and is $107. My other pills (Femara & Provera) have been no more than $10/each, the copay for visits is $40, transvaginal ultrasounds after insurance is about $80.
Richmond
This clinic [Virginia Fertility Associate] is great all around. The entire staff is friend and are always willing to work around any issues that might present itself...Monitoring was great!!! No problems and my doctor was able available and spoke to me during these appointments. To let me know what or what not to expect...She [nurse] was the best. Very knowledgeable about everything IVF. She always makes sure that she gives you exactly what you need and tries to save you as much money as she can without cutting any corners or care ne
Describe your experience with Virginia Fertility Associates.
No weaknesses at all. This clinic is great all around. The entire staff is friend and are always willing to work around any issues that might present itself. Patient must come in with a positive mind and attitude. Willing to follow instructions for the best possible outcome. The office has a lot of patients that speak very highly of Dr. Shah and it’s staff. I was recommended by a friend and decided to make an appointment, this was the best decision I have made and so far the best money I have ever paid. I’m will recommend them to anyone and everyone.
His was completely humble and honest. He never did it give me false hopes and provided accurate information at all times. Was kind and always optimistic and personalized his treatment to make me feel like he was always working on my behalf. He gave me options and never made it about money. He always had a warm and welcoming smile and went the extr step to make sure his recommendations were correct.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Virginia Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Valerie)
She was the best. Very knowledgeable about everything IVF. She always makes sure that she gives you exactly what you need and tries to save you as much money as she can without cutting any corners or care needed.
How was your experience with Anish Shah at Virginia Fertility Associates?
Dr. Shah has great bedside manner. So positive and optimistic. He tailors treatment to each individual. He sees his patient at every visit even for ultrasounds. He is very detail and patient when explaining the IVF process. He also gives each of his patients his cellphone number and answer his phone every single time no matter the day or time. BEST DOCTOR EVER!!!
Follow his instructions to the letter and you will be successful
We started with birth control, after stopping it I started injectables, gonal f, menapur, and cetrotide. Multiple blood work and close monitoring during this time. He adjusted medication during this time to make I did not get OHSS. He also prescribed antibiotics and medication to avoid getting sick after retrieval. He performed a light scath and a polyp revomal before transforing as he noted a polyp during my mock transfer. He allowed my body to heal before transfer and I’m currently waiting on my cycle to start to begin transfer protocol which consist of estradiol pills vaginally, patches and PIO shots.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Virginia Fertility Associates.
About 27k
Describe Anish Shah's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Virginia Fertility Associates.
No review on this yet
Anovulation, Male Factor
The clinic [Virginia Fertility Associates] is very organized and very welcoming. The inviting atmosphere helps ease the stress of infertility. Their strengths include customer service, cleanliness, and warmth. However, their weaknesses would be a delay in callbacks when leaving a voicemail. I almost never get someone to answer the phone right away and have to wait until the end of the day to receive a callback.... With my insurance to see him a general office visit with an ultrasound, it is $20.53. My IUI was $300.
Anovulation, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Virginia Fertility Associates.
The clinic is very organized and very welcoming. The inviting atmosphere helps ease the stress of infertility. Their strengths include customer service, cleanliness, and warmth. However, their weaknesses would be a delay in callbacks when leaving a voicemail. I almost never get someone to answer the phone right away and have to wait until the end of the day to receive a callback.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kenneth Steingold at Virginia Fertility Associates?
He took the time to sit down with me and explain everything. Even in my moments of tears and utter breakdown, he still had compassion and didn't act like I was crazy. It is a very emotional process, but I feel like I have support from him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Virginia Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Brigitte )
She is very cut and dry. Gets straight to the point. Limited personality.
How was your experience with Kenneth Steingold at Virginia Fertility Associates?
Steingold is very intelligent with his approach to infertility. He and I bounced back different ideas of treatment and ultimately decided upon a treatment plan specifically for me that met my needs as a patient.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kenneth Steingold at Virginia Fertility Associates?
Come in prepared with questions that you might have. Write them down in advanced because it is very possible to forget questions during the emotion and stress of doctors appointments.
Describe the protocols Kenneth Steingold used in your cycles at Virginia Fertility Associates and their degree of success.
I'm on 7.5mg of Letrozole, Ovidrel (trigger shot), IUI, and progesterone. The first round was unsuccessful, but working on my second round. We will incorporate gonal f if needed in the future.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kenneth Steingold at Virginia Fertility Associates.
Describe Kenneth Steingold's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Virginia Fertility Associates.
We have not discussed yet.
Kenneth Steingold
PCOS, Unexplained
This [Virginia Fertility Assoc] is overall a great practice there are no complaints in my book. The staff is very friendly, very clean and sterile office. Phone calls are usually answered within a timely manner. They’re very informative and very knowledgeable.... The nursing staff seems very compassionate about their jobs and they love what they do.... My insurance only covered ultrasounds and office visits my iuis were $300 a piece the femara was about $10-$15 dollars
Black or African-American, Other
PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Virginia Fertility Associates.
This is overall a great practice there are no complaints in my book. The staff is very friendly, very clean and sterile office. Phone calls are usually answered within a timely manner. They’re very informative and very knowledgeable.
I felt like a human because Dr. Shah took his time one on one with me, answered any questions that myself or my husband had. I felt more than a patient I didn’t feel like another statistic.
How was your experience with Anish Shah at Virginia Fertility Associates?
Dr. Shah is a great doctor very intelligent,great mannerism, he is very compassionate about his job and seems like he would go the extra mile to care for his patients. I felt like when i first seen him that he could most definitely help me get pregnant with just basic treatments however my body had other plans and he was unable to do so at that time we have decided to go the next step and start IVF treatments.
Be willing to try different things and never give up.
During my course of treatments with Dr.Shah we tried several rounds of femara and ovidril injections with no conception, I also during those treatments had 3 iuis again with no such luck. He also tried me on Metforming to treat my pre diabetes/pcos
My insurance only covered ultrasounds and office visits my iuis were $300 a piece the femara was about $10-$15 dollars due to a special pharmacy contract and the ovidril was $100 a shot
Richmond
the clinic [Virginia Fertility Associates] is a great clinic. the staff are very friendly. they definitely try to make you feel as a comfortable as possible. I do advise to be your own advocate and to ask as many questions as possible....[cost of treatments] $25,000 - IVF and genetic testing...he [Dr. Shah] is wonderful. he really cares about you as a patient and tries to keep yo uinformed. his bedside manner is excellent...
Describe your experience with Virginia Fertility Associates.
The clinic is a great clinic. the staff are very friendly. they definitely try to make you feel as a comfortable as possible. I do advise to be your own advocate and to ask as many questions as possible.
he is wonderful. he really cares about you as a patient and tries to keep yo uinformed. his bedside manner is excellent and gives you hope as a patient! I really wished I had started with him.
What specific things went wrong at Virginia Fertility Associates?
How was your experience with Anish Shah at Virginia Fertility Associates?
He is fabulous and always keeps me informed. he communicates with me after hours and has even provided me with his personal cell phone number. he also makes sure I know all the risks involved so I can make an educated decision.
he is really busy and has lots of patience so you have to have patience when seeing him.
$25,000 - IVF and genetic testing
5 IUI, IVF
[Virginia Fertility Associates] Strengths -- great credentials Weaknesses -- sometimes they are overwhelmed and don't always call you back in a timely manner; hard to get a new appointment. Also they don't have very convenient hours...I had an issue once with my fertility mediciation not being called in a timely manner....I didn't feel like he [Dr. Steingold] was always looking out for me and making suggestions of what we could try next
5 IUI, IVF
Describe your experience with Virginia Fertility Associates.
very kind and very patient centered
What specific things went wrong at Virginia Fertility Associates?
He's a very nice doctor and has a ton of experience, but I didn't feel like he was always looking out for me and making suggestions of what we could try next. He did the right thing in keeping me educated, but I always had to ask him what about trying this....
we tried clomid first and then tied it with an IUI. That didn't work so we tried several rounds of follistim with IUIs and that never worked. I finally took a break and then ended up going with acupuncture and then switched to a different doctor.
$3500