Acupuncture is not offered

336-716-0665
131 Miller Street
Winston-Salem, NC 27157
336-716-6476

Dr Johnston takes the time to sit and explain everything with you. She validates your feelings, fears, concerns and frustrations. She is sensitive to your specific needs as her patient and involves you in the decision making process.... She started me on femara with Ovidrel with timed intercourse following 2 failed rounds of clomid. We then moved to injections of menopur with ovidrel for three IUI cycles, in hopes of increasing my number of mature follicles
It [Wake Forest U] is a small office feel, in that most of the staff begins to recognize you after a few visits. The appointments for US and labs are difficult to schedule, and the office is only open during normal business hours. Early morning, weekend, or extended hours are not an option for monitoring...Correct Menopur dosage failed to be communicated after lab results came back in the middle of third IUI cycle. Had to call MD on call in the evening who laughed when I did not know the results of my labs from that day.
How was your experience with Erika Johnston-MacAnanny at Wake Forest University?
Dr. Johnston communicates effectively with her patients, even calling them herself at home if questions arise. She has made every effort to include us in decision making for treatment options. There have been several times where she has spent additional minutes out of her busy day talking to us like people, not just her patient and spouse. Her bedside manner is second to none.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Erika Johnston-MacAnanny at Wake Forest University?
She is worth waiting weeks for an appointment with.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Erika Johnston-MacAnanny at Wake Forest University?
Dr Johnston takes the time to sit and explain everything with you. She validates your feelings, fears, concerns and frustrations. She is sensitive to your specific needs as her patient and involves you in the decision making process. She has made an effort to get to know little details about us, such as our favorite things to do together on weekends, places to eat, favorite foods, etc.
Describe the protocols Erika Johnston-MacAnanny used in your cycles at Wake Forest University and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Wake Forest University.
The nursing staff has failed short a few times on communicating effectively, especially late in the day as the clinic is about to close. New medication side effects are never discussed and compassion is rarely shown. I know they work hard and are very busy, but I feel more could be done with educating the patient before they leave to office.
Describe your experience with Wake Forest University.
It is a small office feel, in that most of the staff begins to recognize you after a few visits. The appointments for US and labs are difficult to schedule, and the office is only open during normal business hours. Early morning, weekend, or extended hours are not an option for monitoring, which is a challenge when you work full time. Additionally, appointments are almost never on time, with a wait time of usually at least 15 minutes.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Erika Johnston-MacAnanny at Wake Forest University.
most not covered under insurance. Injectables for IUI were partially covered as were labs. The IUI and numerous US are out of pocket expenses
What specific things went wrong at Wake Forest University?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Wake Forest University.
-Prometrium not called in to the pharmacy or even mentioned after the first IUI procedure. (went home and found instructions on the back of a piece of paper that stated "start prometrium 3 days post IUI. I called and the RN assumed I had the meds already) -Correct Menopur dosage failed to be communicated after lab results came back in the middle of third IUI cycle. Had to call MD on call in the evening who laughed when I did not know the results of my labs from that day. -Lab results not released to me via mychart portal
Erika Johnston-MacAnanny

2015 - 2017, Unsuccessful
I was pleased with the way the doctor [Dr. Erika Johnston-MacAnanny] and nurses treated me. However, -after a failed IVF there was not much talk after. I felt as though my IVF was failed after I was told there was close to 80% chance of success, and there was no explanation why...She made us feel like everything was going to go great and we had great chances for success. However, after only 1 embryo to make it out of 10 eggs and no explanation, I was kind of put off. There was no "answers" to be had, however Dr Johnston did seem compassionate and understanding about the cost of treatments and not being able to afford further treatments
Strengths [at Wake Forest University] - good staff, friendly, and organized. Weakness- I believe something failed with the lab and that is why our embryos fragmented. The embryologist was hard to understand and not able to explain why...Nursing staff was very attentive and readily available. They were friendly most days and informative. However, I do not feel they connected with each patient as much as Dr Johnston did...I used menopur, Lipton, /and gonal F during treatments. We used a birth control antagonist protocol before Begining. We did this because she [Dr. Erika Johnston] said we should have great eggs, egg quality, and be able to produce lots of good embryos given an Unexplained dx, and young age.
She was very nice and informative. She spent quite a while with my husband and I and answered any questions I had. She made us feel like everything was going to go great and we had great chances for success. However, after only 1 embryo to make it out of 10 eggs and no explanation, I was kind of put off. There was no "answers" to be had, however Dr Johnston did seem compassionate and understanding about the cost of treatments and not being able to afford further treatments
Go in knowing that although you could have a 99% chance of conceiving, things still may go wrong.
I was pleased with the way the doctor and nurses treated me. However, -after a failed IVF there was not much talk after. I felt as though my IVF was failed after I was told there was close to 80% chance of success, and there was no explanation why.
I used menopur, Lipton, /and gonal F during treatments. We used a birth control antagonist protocol before Begining. We did this because she said we should have great eggs, egg quality, and be able to produce lots of good embryos given an Unexplained dx, and young age.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Wake Forest University.
Describe your experience with Wake Forest University.
Strengths - good staff, friendly, and organized. Weakness- I believe something failed with the lab and that is why our embryos fragmented. The embryologist was hard to understand and not able to explain why.
I paid for all blood draws. Typically about $100 each time. I also was billed for some of the IUI, and for IVF. Still currently owe about 5,000 from last IVF
What specific things went wrong at Wake Forest University?
Erika Johnston-MacAnanny