4444 Forest Park Avenue
314-286-2400
3023 N. Ballas Road
St. Louis, MO 63131
314-286-2400

[Dr. Omurtag] was very upfront and honest with us, from the initial consult to the last appointment we had before we graduated to my regular OB-Gyn. He was clear about the odds of actually conceiving, given our DOR/MFI and age issues, and did not get our hopes up. Our first retrieval/transfer resulted in a chemical pregnancy. We spent 30 minutes discussing how we'd change the protocol for the second attempt, and another 20 minutes talking about the pros/cons/possible necessity of donor eggs if we had a repeat issue with the second retrieval/transfer. Lastly, he was so excited when our betas came back positive - and after our graduation appointment - that he texted my regular OB-Gyn to let her know we were headed her way. He's a regular human being, who feels this process with his patients, and is with you every step of the way.
Just know that none of the docs within the WashU program are super patient-forward. You'll communicate with their nurses and receptionists, but these are amazing people who have no problem getting to the doctor, and getting back to you...She [nurse] had all the answers to my questions, was super-prompt at getting back to me, and if she needed an answer from [Dr. Omurtag], still called back within an hour or so. I could not have asked for a better person to communicate with throughout this process.
How was your experience with Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine?
Kenan was very upfront and honest with us, from the initial consult to the last appointment we had before we graduated to my regular OB-Gyn. He was clear about the odds of actually conceiving, given our DOR/MFI and age issues, and did not get our hopes up. Our first retrieval/transfer resulted in a chemical pregnancy. We spent 30 minutes discussing how we'd change the protocol for the second attempt, and another 20 minutes talking about the pros/cons/possible necessity of donor eggs if we had a repeat issue with the second retrieval/transfer. Lastly, he was so excited when our betas came back positive - and after our graduation appointment - that he texted my regular OB-Gyn to let her know we were headed her way. He's a regular human being, who feels this process with his patients, and is with you every step of the way.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine?
Kenan knew exactly what was going on with us at every step of the way. His staff (receptionist and nurse) were really great to work with, and answered all of our questions. Like everyone going through the infertility nightmare, we were a special snowflake case. He knew the details, day in and day out, and was hugely supportive.
Describe the protocols Kenan Omurtag used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
We started with an estrogen primer, followed by five days of Letrozole. From there, I added in 150 Follistim. Eventually, we added Ganirelix, with an HcG trigger.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kathy)
Kathy is amazing! She had all the answers to my questions, was super-prompt at getting back to me, and if she needed an answer from Kenan, still called back within an hour or so. I could not have asked for a better person to communicate with throughout this process.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The front desk staff are great, the techs who do the blood draws are kind and compassionate, and the medical staff (doctors) we interacted with were really good at their jobs. If there's a weakness, it's that you don't have much direct contact with your doctor beyond the initial consult and testing, and the post-beta testing. For most of the treatment period, you're talking with the doctor's receptionist and nurse. Your doctor is still closely following your progress - you just don't talk with him/her.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine.
We were ridiculously fortunate to have coverage through both my insurance and my husband's insurance. We paid under $3,000 for both IVF protocols.
Describe Kenan Omurtag's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Washington University School of Medicine.
Because of my age, we planned to do fresh 3-day transfers. We transferred every embryo we had at that point (4 the first time, 3 the second).

Embryo Freezing
Dr. Jungheim constantly has our best interest at heart. You can tell she genuinely cares about my husband and I's struggle with infertility and she is constantly finding ways/different options for us to make it possible to have a baby...She has personally called me before, spending 30+ minutes on the phone, talking about diagnoses and the treatment plan from there...personally called our insurance company and fought with them explaining why this step in the IVF process is medically necessary for my husband and I
They sometimes offer drinks [at Washington University School of Medicine] while we wait, if it is going to be a a while. The office, patient rooms, and labs are all very clean. The front desk women are always very nice and courteous. I cannot think of a weakness, unless some want to count the occasional phone call missed or the clinic running behind, but again, they always update us and things happen.
How was your experience with Emily Jungheim at Washington University School of Medicine?
Dr. Jungheim cares for her patients. She has personally called me before, spending 30+ minutes on the phone, talking about diagnoses and the treatment plan from there. She makes me feel like she cares about me and my need to have a baby. My husband and I are both CF carriers, so we determined, along with Dr. Jungheim that PGD/PGS would have to be done to ensure that the CF gene is not passed along to our children. Long story short, insurance DENIED the PGD/PGS, however Dr. Jungheim personally called our insurance company and fought with them explaining why this step in the IVF process is medically necessary for my husband and I, to only have my insure company approve it. I strongly believe Dr. Jungheim would do this for any of her patients and I know that she cares for me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Emily Jungheim at Washington University School of Medicine?
See her, if you are facing infertility. She will not only figure out the best course of treatment for you, but will fight for you, until she finds something that will work. She is constantly willing to think of new ways to help my husband and I and she explains everything, in and out, regardless of how long it takes. There is never a rush with her, while she is talking to me, and that makes me feel so important.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Emily Jungheim at Washington University School of Medicine?
Describe the protocols Emily Jungheim used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
First, Dr. Jungheim felt it to be necessary to get a genetic screening on me, as my husband was already a known CF carrier. We all thought nothing of it, that I would be fine, but the screening did also say I was a CF carrier as well. Dr. Jungheim is the one to make that call, and I can't think her enough for it, as we could have passed that disease along and it would've been awful. So, we are currently in the middle of the PGD/PGS development. We spoke with Dr. Jungheim about 3 weeks ago, regarding the details, as we cannot proceed with any cycles until we get confirmation that the development was complete, however it could be at anytime now. So, she put me on birth control at that time. This will help knowing right where I am in my cycle, so we are able to start/stop things if needed right away. She also put me on a prenatal vitamin just to help get my body ready. Once the development of the PGD/PGS is confirmed, I will start my medication for stimulation. cannot remember exactly which ones I will be on, but I know she said roughly I will be on meds for about 14 days before the egg retrieval. From there, the embryos will be made and grow for 6 days. At that time, the surviving embryos will be biopsied and frozen. The biopsies themselves will be sent to the company for the PGD/PGS and we will wait about 2 weeks to hear if any of those embryos are medically clear for transfer. If there are more than 1, we will keep them frozen, as we are only implanting one.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kate, Melanie)
All of the nursing staff at the office is great. They are usually very quick on calling back, to answer questions. My clinic also has an online patient portal, and if I get impatient, I also write them via the portal, and they are also quick to respond on that as well. They are all very sweet, and just like Dr. Jungheim, I can tell that they care for the patients.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
They are always on time, and if they rent, they are sure to update me and apologize. They sometimes offer drinks while we wait, if it is going to be a a while. The office, patient rooms, and labs are all very clean. The front desk women are always very nice and courteous. I cannot think of a weakness, unless some want to count the occasional phone call missed or the clinic running behind, but again, they always update us and things happen.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Emily Jungheim at Washington University School of Medicine.
I am still in the procees, so no bills have come to us yet. I have had a Saline Sonogram, which the bill was around $2,000, but I only had to pay $35 after inuracne. I do know that the PGD/PGS development will cost around $6,000, meds will cost anywhere between $3,500-$4,500 and the IVF procedures themselves which also have to include ICSI, freezing of the embryos, etc will be about $10,000, if not more.
Describe Emily Jungheim's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Washington University School of Medicine.
Dr. Jungheim, and the rest of her clinic, are very reluctant on transferring multiple embryos. Of course, it depends on the mothers age, and other health concerns, but for me, Dr. Jungheim explained that I am otherwise healthy and also with my husband and I having to go through PGD/PDS, there is a high likelyhood that the one embryo that we implant, will take. I fully trust herin this. Dr. Jugheim explained, that transferring 2 embryos does not necessarily increase the risk of pregnancy, as if one embryo wants to take, it'll take, but transferring two embryos does increase the chance for multiples, which then becomes high risk.
Emily Jungheim
2017 - 2022, Successful
Dr Omurtag is knowledgeable and compassionate. He has a great bedside manner...he was always available for questions and explained everything in great detail. He was upfront about possible out of pocket costs and wanted to make sure we were prepared. He is a very visual person and likes to draw pictures to help you understand. But he really felt more like you were talking to a friend than a doctor...He does follow ASRM guidelines very strictly so if you are someone that wants to transfer more than one at a time. This may not be the place for you...
The clinic [Washington University School of Medicine] itself does not feel very personable, it’s a clinic within a very busy medical school/hospital system so they see A LOT of patients. Hard for them to get to know anyone. They do have a lot of fellows that you may see throughout your appointments and they are very friendly...They didn’t seem to read the doctors past notes. At one point I had a hysteroscopy and was scheduled to do an IUI the following week. They didn’t call in my clomid so I had to call and ask for it and the nurse was confused because she didn’t realize I was also doing an IUI...
We had to do so many procedures and tests on top of IUI and IVF, he was always available for questions and explained everything in great detail. He was upfront about possible out of pocket costs and wanted to make sure we were prepared. He is a very visual person and likes to draw pictures to help you understand. But he really felt more like you were talking to a friend than a doctor.
I highly recommend him. He does follow ASRM guidelines very strictly so if you are someone that wants to transfer more than one at a time. This may not be the place for you
Dr Omurtag is knowledgeable and compassionate. He has a great bedside manner.
I did an HSG before starting anything. Then multiple clomid IUI cycles. Had to do a hysteroscopy with dilation due to difficulty getting the IUI catheter through my cervix. Then moved on to IVF. We did a long agonist protocol, with a fresh transfer which failed. So then did an endosee procedure. Then a frozen transfer than failed. And most recently transferred our last frozen embryo that stuck! For the frozen transfers he ordered estradiol three times a day and PIO daily.
Kathy didn’t always seem very compassionate, I don’t think she likes talking on the phone. Jessie (administrative assistant) was amazing and was always upbeat and a joy to talk to.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic itself does not feel very personable, it’s a clinic within a very busy medical school/hospital system so they see A LOT of patients. Hard for them to get to know anyone. They do have a lot of fellows that you may see throughout your appointments and they are very friendly.
IUIs were 500 without insurance. But 50 with it. A cycle with Egg retrieval and fresh transfer was 15-20k without insurance. I think I paid about 2k A frozen transfer without insurance was 4700 but with insurance was 200
They follow ASRM guidelines so they will not do an elective multiple embryo transfer unless there is a good medical reason to do so.
What specific things went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine.
They didn’t seem to read the doctors past notes. At one point I had a hysteroscopy and was scheduled to do an IUI the following week. They didn’t call in my clomid so I had to call and ask for it and the nurse was confused because she didn’t realize I was also doing an IUI. They also didn’t seem to believe me when I told them there were problems with my cervix in the past and said we would assess it after the first IUI. Thankfully my doctor took care of this pretty quickly after that first IUI.

2019 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Omurtag took his time with us and never made us feel rushed. He always answered all of our questions and put our minds at ease. He never made us feel pressured. He would lay out our options, offer his thoughts and let us ultimately make decisions. He was compassionate, understanding and was on our team in ultimately wanting us to have a baby no matter how we got there. He was always willing to even talk through things over the phone when we had questions or concerns outside of appointments.
The clinic [Washington University School of Medicine] is extremely responsive and organized. They respond to electronic messages in a timely manner. You don’t feel like a number and feel like they truly care! Our expectations were far exceeded...staff are responsive, patient and truly care. Jessie is amazing with quick response in regard to scheduling and always is reassuring when you speak with her. Kate and Kathy are wonderful nurse coordinators... so patient with answering questions and very responsive...
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Dr. Omurtag is always patient and never makes you feel like any question is a bad question or concern.
His staff are responsive, patient and truly care. Jessie is amazing with quick response in regard to scheduling and always is reassuring when you speak with her. Kate and Kathy are wonderful nurse coordinators... so patient with answering questions and very responsive. Zejna is the best of the best with drawing blood, makes it a breeze!! Lee and Jackie are so compassionate and take the extra time to walk you through meds and how to best use. This team truly cares about YOU and is the best partner I could have ever imagined for fertility treatment!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic is extremely responsive and organized. They respond to electronic messages in a timely manner. You don’t feel like a number and feel like they truly care! Our expectations were far exceeded and I’d recommend Omurtag’s team.
St. Louis - Central West End

Dr Jaminez is clear on what is safe. She also understands our wants and needs and we come to a happy end result of how many to transfer...called to personally talk to us. She always remembered who we were, remembered our personalities, and our expectations...She is friendly, caring, professional...The 2nd IVF cycle resulted in 5 day 5 embryos. We transferred 2 fresh embryos and neither of those resulted in a pregnancy. We are currently waiting to proceed with a FET.
We transferred 2 fresh embryos [at Washington University School of Medicine] and neither of those resulted in a pregnancy. We are currently waiting to proceed with a FET...She [nurse] responds to calls and emails quickly. She goes above her job duties and even met me with some medication when there was an issue with our prescription provider so our cycle wouldn't be canceled...FET will cost right under $5,000. The office gave me a breakdown of the costs.
How was your experience with Patricia Jimenez at Washington University School of Medicine?
She is friendly, caring, professional. She listens to our needs, wants, desires. She also is clear on what the right path is, safely, for mother and potential babies. There is good communication and understanding from both patient and doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Patricia Jimenez at Washington University School of Medicine?
You dont see Dr Jaminez at every appointment. You mostly are in contact with her nursing staff, but they are in constant contact with the dr. They are the best!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Patricia Jimenez at Washington University School of Medicine?
Dr Jaminez called to personally talk to us. She always remembered who we were, remembered our personalities, and our expectations.
Describe the protocols Patricia Jimenez used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
I have done 2 long analytical cycles for IVF. The first resulted in 3 day 5 embryos. We transferred 2 fresh embryos that didnt take. We went right into a FET, that didnt take either. The 2nd IVF cycle resulted in 5 day 5 embryos. We transferred 2 fresh embryos and neither of those resulted in a pregnancy. We are currently waiting to proceed with a FET.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Denice)
Denice is AMAZING!!!! She responds to calls and emails quickly. She goes above her job duties and even met me with some medication when there was an issue with our prescription provider so our cycle wouldn't be canceled. She's the BEST!!!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic is great. They have a team of doctors that meet every Tuesday afternoon to discuss the weeks cases and review any upcoming cycles. I honestly cant think of any weakness. They are all so friendly and caring.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Patricia Jimenez at Washington University School of Medicine.
I had great insurance for my first 2 retrievals and transfers, so our costs were minimal compared to others. Right now I have new insurance and am fighting to get treatment approved. If it is not, a FET will cost right under $5,000. The office gave me a breakdown of the costs.
Describe Patricia Jimenez's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Washington University School of Medicine.
Patricia Jimenez
St. Louis - Missouri Baptist Med Center

be assured that if it doesn't work the first time, Dr Omurtag will review and adjust to try again...my first cycle was a short protocol, with 9 days of stim medications of Gonal-f, Menopur, and cetrotide. we retrieved 9 eggs, but most of them were not mature. the 2nd cycle we changed to a long agonist protocol with lupron, Gonal-F, and Menopur. we retrieved 17 eggs, 15 were mature...our 1st cycle we transferred 2, because of the low quality and low numbers we retrieved. the 2nd time, because we had so many embryos, we only transferred 1
everyone was always on the same page for my care [at Washington University School of Medicine], and where is was in my treatment, as well as having full knowledge of any information given or questions asked. i never had to repeat myself, or remind anyone on the team where i was with treatment, or what had been talked about previously...most of my monitoring was done at a secondary location, but all appointments were quick, in and out.
with this clinic, its a group effort, so while i may not have seen my direct doctor, i was always aware of who would be handling each procedure. i was introduced to each doctor, and everything was explained in detail, with a chance to ask questions and confirm understanding. i never waited for a doctor to show up.
be assured that if it doesn't work the first time, Dr Omurtag will review and adjust to try again with success .
my first name was used at all times, without referring to paperwork to ensure it was correct. i was given a voice in all transactions, and decisions were made with me, not for me.
everyone was always on the same page for my care, and where is was in my treatment, as well as having full knowledge of any information given or questions asked. i never had to repeat myself, or remind anyone on the team where i was with treatment, or what had been talked about previously
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
the clinic is highly organized, and efficient. the only downside for me personally was that they were over 200 miles away from where i live. a lot of communication had to be done by phone, text or patientchart. there was never a lack of communication, even with that being true.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Washington University School of Medicine.
most of my costs were covered by insurance, but it was hard to nail down an exact number, or cost for anything. i contacted billing several times without an answer. if i were paying out of pocket, this would have been very concerning.

2020, Unknown Success
Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
Dr. Omurtag spent over an hour on Zoom with me explaining all the details of the fertility medications, retrieval process, etc. he was very well-informed and constantly asked if we had any questions. He also drew out pictures to make things very clear. He set me up with his nurse who has been in constant contact with me since...helped facilitate my treatment with another doctor due to Covid-19. He wanted the best care for me and allowed me to do ultrasounds and bloodwork in my hometown, rather than drive 2 hours to his clinic. He reassured me that I was getting great care and answered all my questions clearly.
The cost of one egg retrieval [at Washington University School of Medicine] and making them into embryos is approximately $8,000. They have suggested I do two cycles because after my cancer treatment, I may not be able to conceive naturally. Storing the frozen embryos is approximately $450 a year...Everyone is very organized and kind. The clinic has excellent communication skills and all questions are clearly answered. They make you feel like you belong and aren’t just another patient at the clinic. They care about you.
Dr. Omurtag helped facilitate my treatment with another doctor due to Covid-19. He wanted the best care for me and allowed me to do ultrasounds and bloodwork in my hometown, rather than drive 2 hours to his clinic. He reassured me that I was getting great care and answered all my questions clearly.
He is very informative and friendly. He makes sure you understand everything and doesn’t move on if you have questions.
I am on an antagonist cycle. I’m doing 3 injectable medications daily. I get ultrasounds and bloodwork done approximately every other day. He updated my online profile very quickly so I know the results of my lab tests.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Mary)
Mary has called me nearly every day with updates, advice, or just to check in. She’s been absolutely amazing and has answered any and all questions that I have. She is readily available at all times. She got me set up with several programs so my medications would be cheaper. She is in contact with the fertility doctors in my hometown so I have appointments when necessary and get results quickly. I’d be lost without Mary!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The cost of one egg retrieval and making them into embryos is approximately $8,000. They have suggested I do two cycles because after my cancer treatment, I may not be able to conceive naturally. Storing the frozen embryos is approximately $450 a year. Medications not covered by grants were approximately $600.
St. Louis - Missouri Baptist Med Center
I called on a Friday with worries that my scaring might be returning (Friday’s are Dr.Odem’s surgeries) he called me at 6:30 on a Friday night to talk me through my worries and complaints and helped me find a doctor closer to home. Dr. Odem said I’d only need one surgery for Ashermans (most women need multiple!) and he was right! I only wish I lived closer I would have continued to see Dr. Odem...Dr. Odem LISTENS and tries to answer every one of your questions. He takes time and is not in a rush to see the next patient- you feel like he’s on your side and a friend. He ALWAYS called me back the same day with any questions or worries I had. I only wish I lived closer.
Nursing staff [at Washington University School of Medicine] was also amazing, caring, and listened...The staff and clinic as a whole are amazing. Everyone took their time to explain procedures and protocol to me. I didn’t feel like cattle being moved from one room to another. My case was a bit different than others- but I wasn’t treated any differently. I know I called many times (I’m sure I was annoying) but this staff worked with me. They helped ensure my procedure was covered by insurance!!
How was your experience with Randall Odem at Washington University School of Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Randall Odem at Washington University School of Medicine?
Be prepared to have a doctor who treats you more like a friend than just another number.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Randall Odem at Washington University School of Medicine?
Dr. Odem listened to my complaints, worries, questions- everything. After seeing three doctors, I finally saw a doctor who LISTENED and cared and put my worries at ease! He is so caring. I called on a Friday with worries that my scaring might be returning (Friday’s are Dr.Odem’s surgeries) he called me at 6:30 on a Friday night to talk me through my worries and complaints and helped me find a doctor closer to home. Dr. Odem said I’d only need one surgery for Ashermans (most women need multiple!) and he was right! I only wish I lived closer I would have continued to see Dr. Odem. Seriously- cannot day enough how amazing this man is!
Describe the protocols Randall Odem used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
My situation was a bit different. I went to Dr. Odem only for Ashermans Syndrome. He worked around my schedule as I lived far away. He scheduled my surgery as soon as he could and helped arrange for care closer to home after the surgery.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Washington University School of Medicine.
Nursing staff was also amazing, caring, and listened.
Randall Odem
St. Louis - Central West End
[Dr. Omurtag] suggested which is best considering my age SET. I JUST FOLLOWED HIM.But also told if you want 2 we can do that but explained pros and cons...He is very free and always encourages me or my husband to ask questions so that we can learn...I am with him for my first IVF Cycle which was successful and was on some birth control pills for 3 weeks and after that on lupron and in my menstrual cycle after start of lupron for 4 days. Then started follistim and couple days later on Menopur
[the Washington U nurse team are] always very quick and detail in answering your question. I bother them for every small doubts and now I feel some are very silly. but they never lost their patience...total cost including my pre screening tests and consultation is $ 17,500 out of this 15,900 is for IVF...they are pretty good with the time/schedule. Some times if the flow is more they need extra person to check in but that's nothing
He is incredible and amazing and no words to describe how good he is. I wish I would have known him 5 years before but after I met him I was only very short term with him less than 3 months. He is the best. I was confident with the first 2 visits itself the way he rule in and out the pros and cons. The best of him is he encourages to ask questions and so that we can feel free to express our doubts/questions.
just trust him and follow what ever he say regarding your treatment because he is the expert.
i am blessed to find this doctor and felt like my close family when ever talking to him. He is very free and always encourages me or my husband to ask questions so that we can learn. It was the most comfortable journey and very short and is only 4 months total but i postponed one month after my first visit due to my travel to India and he did not even rush. Everything was well planned.
I am not sure but I think it is agonist protocol. I am with him for my first IVF Cycle which was successful and was on some birth control pills for 3 weeks and after that on lupron and in my menstrual cycle after start of lupron for 4 days. Then started follistim and couple days later on Menopur and on those injections for 11-12 days and ovidrel trigger shot 36 hrs before egg retrieval. and all the injections are done and was methyl prednisolone for 2 -3 days and on progesterone from egg retrieval day. Embryo transfer was on 5 th day after egg retrieval and blood test for B HCG WAS ON 14 TH DAY. I heard the news from the nurse that BFP. That was the best day in my life. I GIVE 100% CREDIT AND WILL NEVER FORGET Omurtag in my life. WHEN EVER I SEE MY BABY I HAVE THAT KINDNESS TOWARDS HIM.
How competent was Kenan Omurtag at LGBTQ care?
n/a but i can confidently say he is wonderful
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Denice and so many others)
Nurse Denice and Omurtag assistant Jessie and every person is wonderful. Denice is always very quick and detail in answering your question. I bother them for every small doubts and now I feel some are very silly. but they never lost their patience.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
they are pretty good with the time/schedule. Some times if the flow is more they need extra person to check in but that's nothing. it happens because they are providing good care and obviously there are more people coming for this. Demand is always great.
total cost including my pre screening tests and consultation is $ 17,500 out of this 15,900 is for IVF. THE REST 1600 IS MY consultation and ultrasoung and blood work prior to start of IVF. MEDICINES COST is $3700
He suggested which is best considering my age SET. I JUST FOLLOWED HIM.But also told if you want 2 we can do that but explained pros and cons.
How competent was Washington University School of Medicine at LGBTQ care?
Describe your experience using 3rd party reproduction (donor eggs, donor sperm, or gestational carrier) at Washington University School of Medicine.
St. Louis - Central West End

We tried IUI first, using Menopur. We started out slow because she didn’t know how quickly my body was going to react. We ended up using menopur for 26 days & then did the IUI with the nurse. The IUI did not work, so we moved on to IVF. Her plan is to use Menopur again but at a faster rate. Around 10 days & then do the egg retrieval, we will be starting this process in a few weeks.
The clinic [Wash U] is great, very clean and well equipped. The only thing that bugs me is that it is hard to get ahold of the clinic. You have to call the nurse & leave a message before you can get ahold of anyone. There is also the portal that is cool, but sometimes it takes 1 or 2 days for someone to respond.... Melanie is awesome, very caring & helpful throughout the process. She kept you calm and hopeful.
She was very sweet & caring yet had the experience that we were looking for with my condition. We also liked how she remembered us and everything we have done so far and helped us develop a plan for what the next step was, the only thing I was upset about was that we were doing IUI & she had us not take the next round of menopur because she was afraid of multiples but in exchange the follicles were not big enough to actually successfully fertilize. The IUI did not work. Overall she is a great doctor & I would refer anyone to her services.
Speak up to your wishes, they try to get everyone to do genetic testing but that often adds on a lot of money. If you are not interested in it, just simply tell them that you are not doing it.
She cared for my case specifically for my needs, I’ve been to other clinics that made us feel like a number but with Jungheim we felt like she is doing what is best for us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Melanie )
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic is great, very clean and well equipped. The only thing that bugs me is that it is hard to get ahold of the clinic. You have to call the nurse & leave a message before you can get ahold of anyone. There is also the portal that is cool, but sometimes it takes 1 or 2 days for someone to respond.
40 copay to see dr. 40 copay to see gen. Counseling Blood test billed $12000 ivf $500 for iui $4000-$5000 for menopur IUI/IVF $100 for trigger shot
Emily Jungheim

2015 - 2019, Successful
I have nothing but positive things to say about Dr Omurtag and his staff.... AMAZING!!! If there were set backs (as in my case there often were), he explained why a procedure needed to be taken care of... I wasn't just another patient. He wanted to know about my husband, about me, what we have tried. Thoroughly explained risks involved of egg donor... LOVE THIS MAN FOR NOT GIVING UP ON AN OLDER COUPLE who had tried for 9 years to have a baby!!!!
Everyone [Washington University] worked as a team whether it was through emails, phone calls or in person. No questions were left unanswered, calls were returned within 24 hours.... nothing but positive. communication was excellent, everyone remembered our names, impressive... After the birth of our son, Dr Omurtag made it a point to call me and see how we ALL were doing
I have nothing but positive things to say about Dr Omurtag and his staff.... AMAZING!!! If there were set backs (as in my case there often were), he explained why a procedure needed to be taken care of (polyps removed from uterus, EKG b/c of an irregular heart beat etc) before moving on to the next step in process. I NEVER felt these findings were a way for the company to get more money, rather they were concerns he had that needed to be examined before he felt confident enough to proceed to ensure I would be able to carry a healthy baby full term.
trust him, he knows what he is doing and will not give you poor advice or sugar coat the risks. He gives you all the information you need to make an informed decision.
I wasn't just another patient. He wanted to know about my husband, about me, what we have tried. Thoroughly explained risks involved of egg donor. Did not sugar coat anything yet was considerate of IUI we have tried in past with another fertility dr. He and his staff were always always available to answer any questions no matter how trivial. Wanted updates once baby was born, even asked if we could have a family picture with him! LOVE THIS MAN FOR NOT GIVING UP ON AN OLDER COUPLE who had tried for 9 years to have a baby!!!!
My husband and I met with the his consultants first to review costs. Once that was complete we then saw Dr Omurtag who went in depth on different types of procedures he could try. Since my husband and I had tried for 6 years to have a child (with a fertility clinic in TN) he told us he would not put us/me through that again, he would not try IVF since we had not had success. Our option was egg donor. Once we made that choice we had to meet with a team of specialist to see if we/I were physically and mentally ready for the process. After I was cleared a battery of tests began (continual labs, weekly/monthy ultrasounds, sonohysterogram, removal of polyps), daily pills, patches and injections needed to be administered until I was finally ready for embryo transfer. 9 months later: SUCCESS!!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: I really do not remember her name)
Again, nothing but positive. communication was excellent, everyone remembered our names, impressive
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Everyone worked as a team whether it was through emails, phone calls or in person. No questions were left unanswered, calls were returned within 24 hours. After the birth of our son, Dr Omurtag made it a point to call me and see how we ALL were doing (his nurse didn't call me, the receptionist didn't call me, HE did and any time a dr makes it a point to pick up the phone and place a call him/her self speaks volumes for the care he provides his patients)
for the process my husband and went through I felt it was reasonable. Because insurance did not cover much, most was out of pocket and payment options were made available to us.
Due to my age, only 3 eggs were transferred. We are trying for baby number 2 and this time he is telling me only 1 egg will be transferred. This Dr is phenomenal, always takes his patient's health and safety into consideration before doing whatever the patient wants.
St. Louis - Missouri Baptist Med Center

Dr. Keller is very personable, knowledgeable and caring. She was very proactive in trying to find the reason Ikeep having miscarriages. Though no reason was discovered, I still have trust in her care and believe she is making the right decisions...She ran multiple test for recurrent miscarriage on me and they all came back negative. For my frozen cycle we transfered 1 embryo...But for my next transfer I have a fair and poor quality left she recommended transferring both. She will go over the risks of multiples if you decide to transfer more than 1.
For how large the practice [Washington University School of Medicine] is, they are incredibly quick to respond and get you in and out and quickly as possible. My only complaint is the billing office is slow to to process our invoices. We used our HSA to pay for our transfer and we've been waiting for 3 weeks to get a detailed receipt to turn in...nurse Amy is very quick to respond to your questions. They have a portal that easily allows to communicate back in forth. Though I feel like I had many questions she never made me feel as though I was a bother.
How was your experience with Sarah Keller at Washington University School of Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sarah Keller at Washington University School of Medicine?
While Dr. Keller is very knowledgeable the fertility science is not absolute. She will work her hardest for the best results.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sarah Keller at Washington University School of Medicine?
I came to Dr. Keller after multiple failed transfers with my previous Dr. She is not only very down to earth and tells you how it is in the sweetest way possible, she took the time to personally call me with test results and discuss my upcoming transfer.
Describe the protocols Sarah Keller used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
I have only used Dr. Keller for FETs. She ran multiple test for recurrent miscarriage on me and they all came back negative. For my frozen cycle we transfered 1 embryo. My protocol was: Day 1(March 2nd) start of period- start 2mg estrace 3x daily March 15- uterine lining check March 17- start 1/2ml PIO and azithromiacin (today only) March 18- Medrol 2x daily for 5 days and up PIO to 1ml March 22- Embryo transfer and continue 1ml PIO and estrace 3x daily Beta is 12 days after transfer
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Amy)
Dr. Kellers nurse Amy is very quick to respond to your questions. They have a portal that easily allows to communicate back in forth. Though I feel like I had many questions she never made me feel as though I was a bother.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
For how large the practice is, they are incredibly quick to respond and get you in and out and quickly as possible. My only complaint is the billing office is slow to to process our invoices. We used our HSA to pay for our transfer and we've been waiting for 3 weeks to get a detailed receipt to turn in.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sarah Keller at Washington University School of Medicine.
My FET was $3,800. My saline ultrasound and all other blood was covered by my insurance.
Describe Sarah Keller's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Washington University School of Medicine.
Dr. Keller prefers transferring 1 high quality embryo at a time. But for my next transfer I have a fair and poor quality left she recommended transferring both. She will go over the risks of multiples if you decide to transfer more than 1.
St. Louis - Central West End
He [Dr. Omurtag] reviewed my chart to see what I had done thus far with my local OBGYN, laid out the treatment options, and explained the order in which we would/could take them so that my husband and I could make informed decisions about our care. He started with the least-invasive option first, IUI, and promised that if it did not work within a few attempts, he would regroup with us to discuss what our next step would be. We ended up getting pregnant on the second round of IUI, but during the whole process he monitored all of my test results and sent messages to let me know his take. It assured me that he was a hands-on physician, who truly was taking an interest in my care.
Dr. Omurtag's staff members were the perfect compliment to his excellent care [at Wash U]. Kathy, his nurse, always answered my questions in the patient portal within hours of me sending them - and if necessary, called so she could better explain what was going on. She was kind, compassionate, thorough, and yet felt entirely approachable. I could ask her anything. There was another nurse, Mary, who was also wonderful - she would answer my questions, if Kathy was not in that particular day. She was just as prompt, thorough, and easy to trust and understand. Jessie, the medical secretary, was also absolutely fantastic - from the very first phone call in which she got some background information from me and set up my first appointment, I knew she was someone who would be right there with us through this whole journey.
Dr. Omurtag was professional yet completely approachable, and was able to explain things in ways that were simple to understand while still being comprehensive. He patiently answered all of my questions - even during my first appointment, when I had an entire list of questions written down. He reviewed all of my test results, and would write comments once he had done so that I could read them on the patient portal. He made the whole fertility treatment process seem as easy and natural as anything in the world, giving us realistic expectations of success while reassuring us that he would be there to support and guide us along every step of the way. I have never had a doctor in whom I had more confidence and trust.
Come with questions, so you know what you want to know - and then rest easy, knowing Dr. Omurtag will tell you everything else, the things you didn't think to ask.
While always professional on every level, I felt like Dr. Omurtag and his staff were incredibly approachable and supportive. If I emailed them with a question, I had an answer within hours. If I called, I always either spoke directly with someone or received a prompt call back. If there were any tests I could do locally (I live two hours away from St. Louis), they would let me - saving me that long trip. During my first appointment I came with a list of questions written down, and Dr. Omurtag patiently answered every single one, and never made me feel foolish for asking any of them - even if they were very basic. Honestly, I cannot say enough about the supportive and attentive care I received while a patient of Dr. Omurtag. His nurses Kathy and Mary, and his medical secretary Jessie, were also incredible! Truly, those women made me feel so well looked after.
He reviewed my chart to see what I had done thus far with my local OBGYN, laid out the treatment options, and explained the order in which we would/could take them so that my husband and I could make informed decisions about our care. He started with the least-invasive option first, IUI, and promised that if it did not work within a few attempts, he would regroup with us to discuss what our next step would be. We ended up getting pregnant on the second round of IUI, but during the whole process he monitored all of my test results and sent messages to let me know his take. It assured me that he was a hands-on physician, who truly was taking an interest in my care.
Dr. Omurtag's staff members were the perfect compliment to his excellent care. Kathy, his nurse, always answered my questions in the patient portal within hours of me sending them - and if necessary, called so she could better explain what was going on. She was kind, compassionate, thorough, and yet felt entirely approachable. I could ask her anything. There was another nurse, Mary, who was also wonderful - she would answer my questions, if Kathy was not in that particular day. She was just as prompt, thorough, and easy to trust and understand. Jessie, the medical secretary, was also absolutely fantastic - from the very first phone call in which she got some background information from me and set up my first appointment, I knew she was someone who would be right there with us through this whole journey. She is the kind of person who made you feel safe, like you could rest easy because you knew she would dot every I and cross every T to make sure that the administrative side of your care was attended to. Honestly, I cannot say enough about Dr. Omurtag's staff. I wish we didn't live so far away, so that they could be in charge of my care permanently.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Everything I experienced with Dr. Omurtag, his staff, and the clinic as a whole was of top-notch quality. I honestly did not have a single complaint during my time as their patient (and they have assured me that even though I will be resuming full-time care with my local OBGYN, I am free to call them at any time if I have any questions or concerns - another testament to how wonderful of an office they are). The patient portal made communication with the staff a breeze, the appointments were always prompt and efficiently run, and we would not hesitate to go to them again if we needed help with getting pregnant again. Frankly, if it weren't for the drive, I would switch doctors in a heartbeat. I've never had a better doctor or staff, nor felt more comfortable or well looked after.
Besides copays, I did not have any extra costs associated with my care from Dr. Omurtag.
St. Louis - Central West End
He [Dr. Kevin Omurtag] suggested we do multiple due to age and past records...He has great bedside manner. He spends all the time in the world with you, going through every possible scenario that you bring to his attention. Dr. Omurtag is young and I find that an advantage as he seems to keep up on the latest information going on in infertility... is friendly, knowledgeable, caring, and smart. It was nice to feel like you could ask as many questions as you needed to ask and he would answer them without making you feel dumb or rushing you out the door. I do wish he would be at the procedures. He said he would be at them a couple of times and never showed up. That was disappointing as we had really hoped he would perform the procedures and he said he would.
The front desk staff [at Washington University School of Medicine] are cordial, but not outwardly friendly. It does feel a little anonymous and not as friendly as other places. The medical assistants that draw blood are fantastic and friendly. The ultrasound techs are very kind and knowledgeable, too...For IUI, we did mainly clomid, then after three of those, went to a clomid with one u/s and trigger shot. Finally, went to an IUI with injectables and monitoring. For IVF, we did a short antagonist protocol for both IVF cycles with ovidrel trigger shots.
Dr. Omurtag is friendly, knowledgeable, caring, and smart. It was nice to feel like you could ask as many questions as you needed to ask and he would answer them without making you feel dumb or rushing you out the door. I do wish he would be at the procedures. He said he would be at them a couple of times and never showed up. That was disappointing as we had really hoped he would perform the procedures and he said he would.
Feel comfortable asking questions and make suggestions. He's open to them all and will go through all possibilities with you.
Kathy is fantastic! She responds very quickly to messages and calls. She does rush a bit on the phone, but is very thorough on email. I feel like she cares and wants everyone to be successful.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic is pretty cold when you first get there. The front desk staff are cordial, but not outwardly friendly. It does feel a little anonymous and not as friendly as other places. The medical assistants that draw blood are fantastic and friendly. The ultrasound techs are very kind and knowledgeable, too.
He suggested we do multiple due to age and past records.
What specific things went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine?

2015 - 2018, Unknown Success
Dr. Keller is very knowledgeable and an expert in her field. I've never felt she has pushed us into spending more money than we absolutely have to.... She never rushes us out of the office and takes the time to answer all questions thoroughly. She often seems flustered or nervous... In 2016 I did 3 clomid IUIs without trigger shot.... I was disappointed that no Ultrasound or hCG blood levels were obtained during any of the cycles.
The volume of patients and staff allows them [Washington U School of Medicine] to be open every day of the week so you never have to delay your IUI until the Monday after your Friday surge.... Once a week all of the doctors in the practice meet to discuss all of their patients.... The line to check in can get long some days but once checked in blood draws and Ultrasounds are done quickly.
Dr. Keller is very knowledgeable and an expert in her field. I've never felt she has pushed us into spending more money than we absolutely have to. She has not recommended PGS testing for our second IVF cycle, citing that it does not improve birth rates. She never rushes us out of the office and takes the time to answer all questions thoroughly. She often seems flustered or nervous and for that reason I would recommend other doctors in this practice over her.
Do your research. Ask questions. Tell her what's bothering you. Trust her plan of care.
The staff and Dr. Keller all seem invested in a positive outcome for us. When I came in with suspected miscarriage everyone was very somber and supportive. It seemed like they were disappointed along with us.
In 2016 I did 3 clomid IUIs without trigger shot. None were successful and I was disappointed that no Ultrasound or hCG blood levels were obtained during any of the cycles. I didn't see Dr. Keller at all during this time and really felt like nobody cared if they were successful or not. Cycle 1 IVF was better. I do not have ovulatory dysfunction so Keller recommend an agonist protocol for my first IVF cycle. In retrospect I responded quickly to the medications, maybe too quickly because we got 10 eggs and only 2 5-day embryos. Our fresh transfer resulted in a chemical pregnancy and our FET resulted in a miscarriage at 7 weeks. Dr. Keller said that a quick stimulation can result in poorer egg quality. For cycle two she is doing a long antagonist which will hopefully allow slower development of my follicles and give better egg quality.
Amy is very knowledgeable and professional. She is prompt to call with results and communicates effectively with Dr. Keller and her patients. She's not particularly friendly but I trust her.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
In my opinion this is the only place to go for fertility treatment in the St. Louis area. The volume of patients and staff allows them to be open every day of the week so you never have to delay your IUI until the Monday after your Friday surge. They also have their own embryology lab and the ability to do your egg retrieval on Sundays if that's when your follicles are ready. Once a week all of the doctors in the practice meet to discuss all of their patients. This means you don't have just one doctor, you have six physicians collaborating on YOUR plan. Also they have the entire Barnes Jewish Hospital complex and doctors at their disposal. This means that for example if you have endometriosis that requires surgery, they can refer you to someone in their system who can perform your surgery. Because they share that same computer systems, all the physicians are on the same page about your care. Weaknesses include: lack of privacy when checking in; the woman checking me in always asks if I want to pay my bill before I've ever received a bill in the mail; the Ultrasound techs are not friendly.
I think IUIs were around $350 each plus the copay for Clomid. For one egg retrieval/IVF with ICSI, a frozen transfer and fresh transfer we paid almost $13k and my insurance covered $4k.
Dr. Keller was open to both single and double embryo transfer for us. We elected single transfer to avoid a twin or triplet pregnancy.
St. Louis - Central West End

Dr. Jimenez and her staff has made us feel comfortable and are so attentive. They treat you like family! They are always accessible and are there for you! I can’t say enough about how much we appreciate her staff! They go above and beyond for their patients and their dream for a family!!... She takes the time to answer all your questions and address all your concerns. If we got home and forgot questions or concerns she was an email away and always got back to us quickly either same day or next day if we emailed at night.
The entire clinic staff [Washington University] is very helpful and friendly from the minute to walk in to the second you leave!! Great communication!! I can’t think of any weaknesses. It truly is an incredible staff! They are patient and if they didn’t know the answer to my question, they were able to get me to someone who did very easily!!... Given we had no fertility coverage, we were always made aware of the out of pocket costs for everything. There was never any cost surprises. They made sure we had and knew all our options in regards to the cost and financing.
She takes the time to answer all your questions and address all your concerns. If we got home and forgot questions or concerns she was an email away and always got back to us quickly either same day or next day if we emailed at night. She worked with us as far as timing for our IUIs. We drove 2 hrs to see her. She always made us feel more like family instead of a patient!!
Definitely be prepared to hear a lot of information. She covers everything and is very thorough! Take paper with you to jot down notes if you’d like.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Denise )
They are all amazing!! Very attentive! They treated us like family! They went above and beyond!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The entire clinic staff is very helpful and friendly from the minute to walk in to the second you leave!! Great communication!! I can’t think of any weaknesses. It truly is an incredible staff! They are patient and if they didn’t know the answer to my question, they were able to get me to someone who did very easily!!
I’m 38 and she was comfortable with a 2 embryo transfer. It was more up to me to decide after considering risks and benefits.
Patricia Jimenez
St. Louis - Central West End

He [Dr. Kenan Omurtag] discovered that one of my thyroid levels (which can cause infertility and mc) was within the normal range but a little high in the normal range. He started me on some thyroid medicine, I had my tubes checked and within a month I was pregnant. I truly believe that small adjustment to my thyroid was what did it. Other doctors may have dismissed this bc it was still within the normal range but Dr. Omurtag saw beyond that.
I expect a response within a day but these girls [staff at Washington University School of Medicine] are on it. Most of the time they would email or call me back within an hour or less. I am grateful for all they have done!...I was super impressed with the communication between everyone and their organization...It was very clean and the lady who did my u/s 2x was super nice and experienced!
YES! He is great at what he does and you can tell in his heart he wants to help you get pregnant!
From the beginning, Dr. Omurtag was kind, easy to talk to and very thorough. His staff reflects this, they are just as incredible! He discovered that one of my thyroid levels (which can cause infertility and mc) was within the normal range but a little high in the normal range. He started me on some thyroid medicine, I had my tubes checked and within a month I was pregnant. I truly believe that small adjustment to my thyroid was what did it. Other doctors may have dismissed this bc it was still within the normal range but Dr. Omurtag saw beyond that. Dr Omurtag's staff, Jessie and Kathy, are KICK ASS! I expect a response within a day but these girls are on it. Most of the time they would email or call me back within an hour or less. I am grateful for all they have done!
He gave me options, we could very aggressive and go straight to invitro or go a slower route. I decided to go an even slower route than what he offered which he was completely supportive of! Month 1 consisted of starting thyroid medicine and having my tubes flushed, then me and my husband trying spontaneously. If that did not work the next month I was going to start Clomid but we did not get to that point :) He discovered that one of my thyroid levels (which can cause infertility and mc) was within the normal range but a little high in the normal range. He started me on some thyroid medicine, I had my tubes checked and within a month I was pregnant. I truly believe that small adjustment to my thyroid was what did it. Other doctors may have dismissed this bc it was still within the normal range but Dr. Omurtag saw beyond that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jessie and Kathy)
Dr Omurtag's staff, Jessie and Kathy, are KICK ASS! I expect a response within a day but these girls are on it. Most of the time they would email or call me back within an hour or less. I am grateful for all they have done! I was super impressed with the communication between everyone and their organization.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
There's not much to say about this. It's a clinic and I loved my doctor and his nurses! It was very clean and the lady who did my u/s 2x was super nice and experienced! It was very clean and the lady who did my u/s 2x was super nice and experienced!
My us and tube cleaning was not covered by my insurance, it was 280 for the u/s and 720 for the tube cleaning.
St. Louis - Missouri Baptist Med Center

He’s like a father figure, he’s direct but warm. He [Dr. Odem] is a straight shooter, has tons of experience and cares about your emotions. My best interest was always at hand. He did 5 rounds of high dose estrogen and 5 hysterscopies in 5 months. One each month. I never felt rushed, never felt like a number. He would sit with us until we understood everything.... So he was treating me for ashermans syndrome. He suggested hysterscopies to clear the scar tissue out.
Very nice large lobby. Front desk staff [WashU] Check you in quickly, warm, kind. The office rooms are clean, organized. Once you enter from the lobby they take you back to whatever the procedure is. They have the ability to do a lot in house. I believe some procedures are done at the hospital but the location is easy to get in and out of and very clean, easy to navigate.... He [Dr. Odem] tells you the facts but still comes hopeful and willing to go far. He will also sometimes keep going if you request it but has ethics
He’s like a father figure, he’s direct but warm. He is a straight shooter, has tons of experience and cares about your emotions. My best interest was always at hand. He did 5 rounds of high dose estrogen and 5 hysterscopies in 5 months. One each month. I never felt rushed, never felt like a number. He would sit with us until we understood everything. Outline what to expect our options. I even discussed transferring care to 2 different providers out of state and he was supportive but shares his opinion.
Ask as many questions as you need, be transparent, share all your thoughts. He’ll help you work it out.
You feel like he’s in it with you. He tells you the facts but still comes hopeful and willing to go far. He will also sometimes keep going if you request it but has ethics and will tell you when to stop. He’s called me after hours, answers all my questions and cares.
So he was treating me for ashermans syndrome. He suggested hysterscopies to clear the scar tissue out. I did 3 under general anesthesia and 2 awake. I preferred being awake I recovered quicker. He would have me do high doses of estrogen for about a month and then stop, start progesterone for a withdrawal bleed. Then we would repeat.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Very nice large lobby. Front desk staff Check you in quickly, warm, kind. The office rooms are clean, organized. Once you enter from the lobby they take you back to whatever the procedure is. They have the ability to do a lot in house. I believe some procedures are done at the hospital but the location is easy to get in and out of and very clean, easy to navigate.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randall Odem at Washington University School of Medicine.
I work for wash u so my copays are half and washu just put fertility on the benefits package so we get 10,000 dollars towards fertility treatment but it’s out of pocket cost.
Randall Odem
St. Louis - Central West End

From the start Dr Omurtag gave us hope. He was kind, caring, and attentive. He answered all of our questions. He told us what we needed to know up front. He didn’t perform my egg retrieval but he stopped in to check on me, which was very nice. He also personally called me after my first negative test to discuss how I was doing and where to go next.... My protocol was pretty standard. With it being male factor infertility i didn’t have to do a lot of extra stuff. I took 3 different medications over a 10 day period.
We really liked this clinic [Washington U]. It was clean, professional, and everyone was friendly and caring. Sometimes we had to wait a little while for our appointment but that comes with most doctor offices. Our only downfall was trying to find a parking spot.... I was very pleased overall with Kathy, Jessie, and the rest of the care team. They always got back to me right away and answered all my questions. I could tell Kathy was upset when she had to tell me my first blood test was negative.
You won’t see him for every visit but he is aware of what’s going on and is still keeping up with your progress.
I definitely felt like a human, not a number. Dr Omurtag and everyone there were so helpful and caring.
My protocol was pretty standard. With it being male factor infertility i didn’t have to do a lot of extra stuff. I took 3 different medications over a 10 day period. I took cetrotide and was allergic to it, they had me take Benadryl with it. I almost overstimulated so I did have to take pills for that and up my fluids.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kathy )
I was very pleased overall with Kathy, Jessie, and the rest of the care team. They always got back to me right away and answered all my questions. I could tell Kathy was upset when she had to tell me my first blood test was negative. She cared about me and my feelings.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
We really liked this clinic. It was clean, professional, and everyone was friendly and caring. Sometimes we had to wait a little while for our appointment but that comes with most doctor offices. Our only downfall was trying to find a parking spot. Usually the reserved spots were open but sometimes we had to park somewhere else and hope we didn’t get a ticket.
We were fortunate that our insurance covered fertility treatments. With 2 rounds of IVF and doing ICSI we paid about $2500 out of pocket.
For our first transfer, we saw Dr Odem and he recommended transferring 2 embryos. He explained why and we agreed, however, it was unsuccessful. The second transfer we transferred one embryo which resulted in a positive blood test.

2015 - 2018, Successful
You walk in [to WashU] and the desk is in front of you. You usually get checked in fairly quickly. The welcome is not overly friendly, but appropriate and cordial. The waiting room is very nice, coffee machine, magazines, TV and radio. You are often in the lobby with several other couples who are all there for the same reason. When you are taken back you go to an office or a nurse may get some information and send you out. The wait times are not terrible.
Kenan was warm and engaged. I remember my husband joking he was so young. In ways I liked that piece because I felt like I could relate to him as a human and someone our age who understands all the issues we are facing. He was always very reserved about being too excited or hopeful, but would say until the baby is out and in your arms. That could sound harsh, but I think that it was helpful to keep us in the moment and not attaching to an outcome. He also referred me to Dr. Odem when he felt my Asherman's was too extensive for him to do surgery on. I appreciated him acknowledging he has limits to his medical ability and wanted to support me in getting the best possible care.
Ask as many questions as you need to in order to understand things. He will answer them and it is okay to be reserved and not jump on his first recommendation. You are allowed to dictate your own steps of care.
Keenan was great, very warm, personable. He was honest and did not make promises and took his time with us. I never felt rushed or like he needed to get to someone else. He was always quick to respond, took all my anxieties and worries seriously and was never dismissive.
He first gave me progesterone to see if I could bleed, I then had a dye test of my tubes to make sure there was no blockage and my organs were in good standing. He paired my cycle after progesterone with Letrosole and I ovulated and was pregnant on my first time. He stated that if we tried that given I had 5 failed rounds of Chlomid, he was going to recommend IUI.
I remember them giving me detailed information, being very calm, organized and relaxed. They answered questions and responded quickly.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
You walk in and the desk is in front of you. You usually get checked in fairly quickly. The welcome is not overly friendly, but appropriate and cordial. The waiting room is very nice, coffee machine, magazines, TV and radio. You are often in the lobby with several other couples who are all there for the same reason. When you are taken back you go to an office or a nurse may get some information and send you out. The wait times are not terrible.
I am a university employee so my insurance covers my fees. It was never expensive or unreasonable. Sometimes medications were very expensive regardless. However I understand meds and IVF are very expensive. They are very understanding of the financial challenge and work to support individuals in getting feedback and support from billing.
St. Louis - Central West End
She [Dr. Keller] was prepared at meetings and worked with us, our expectations and personally reviewed our outcomes....She was open to sugggestions of next steps in treatment and was very knowledgeable in statistics of different procedures like scratch test, assisted hatching, ICSI, etc and she explained procedures and set up expectations for us...the weakness- because of her compassion I think she was less direct than we needed about my diagnosis of diminished ovarian reserve.
There are a lot of patients at this clinic [Wash U] but you wouldn’t know it. I don’t know how they remain so personable with so many people in and out the door. We use a patient portal system and everyone is always quick to respond...I can’t enough about the nursing staff at the clinic. They really kept me going and we there for me when I cried. I loved the nursing staff at the clinic. They knew me by name and were extremely compassionate and excited for us in every cycle.
Strengths- she knew our history and us as people. She was open to sugggestions of next steps in treatment and was very knowledgeable in statistics of different procedures like scratch test, assisted hatching, ICSI, etc and she explained procedures and set up expectations for us. She truly cared about us as a couple. She even talked us through next steps on another cycle right after her father passed away. She is selfless. The weakness- because of her compassion I think she was less direct than we needed about my diagnosis of diminished ovarian reserve. She expressed the panel of docs at clinic would advocate for donor eggs but said we could continue to try. In hindsight I feel it would have been better to be more blunt about our chances with own eggs so we could have moved forward with donor eggs sooner. Overall, I think we had to come to that acceptance before anything. I’m glad she introduced the topic to us and moved ahead with lightening speed thereafter
Be proactive and know what you want. She will be there to support your treatment plan and advocate for you.
Because she knew me and my husband as people and our history. She was prepared at meetings and worked with us, our expectations and personally reviewed our outcomes. She cared about me with every negative pregnancy test that happened. She helped us do clinic cycles in between IVF cycles to increase our chances.
With DOR- we tried femara cycle day 5-9 plus follistim but had to convert to IUI. We did 2 antagonist cycles with gonal-f (225) and menopur (225) with one cycle doing an estrogen prime. Last cycle we did estrogen prime plus micro dose Lupron flare anatagonist
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
There are a lot of patients at this clinic but you wouldn’t know it. I don’t know how they remain so personable with so many people in and out the door. We use a patient portal system and everyone is always quick to respond
We had help with insurance. The largest out of pocket cost was donor reimbursement fees which were $5000 plus adminustrative costs which were $3000
She showed us her statistics at the clinic and discussed risks, benefits and chances with eSET & multiple transfers but left the decision up to us ultimately
St. Louis - Central West End
I have always felt like a human under the care of Dr. Keller.... The first appointment we had with Dr. Keller to meet to chat about IVF was one I will never forget. After sitting with her, discussing all that is involved with IVF, Dr. Keller looked at us and said, "I want you to get your baby! That is my goal here!". It made me feel as if I wasn't alone and I felt as if my husband and I are in the best hands.... she is trustworthy and will fight for the best care for you.
Washington University Fertility and Reproductive Medicine Center is well known and the doctors there have the best communication with their patients.... The nursing staff and the care coordinator have been wonderful so far in our journey through IVF. My husband and I tend to have many questions because we are both nurses. They call back in a timely manner and always seem to find the answers if they don't have them for us right away.
Being a nurse, I have learned about effective communication. Having effective communication with physicians is always key to experience excellent care. After my husband and I miscarried our baby boy at 17 weeks, I learned to be an advocate for my care even more. I did not have complications after my D&C surgery after miscarriage. I however was diagnosed with an uterine arterial venous malformation which is very rare. I was under my general OBGYN at the time I was diagnosed and Dr. Keller which is my infertility specialist. Many doctors were consulted to see if they had an idea of how to treat the AVM in my uterus. A month or so after my diagnosis, I was told it would not be in my best interest to carry children for my safety and health. Dr. Keller was my main physician who helped me through my time of this diagnosis. She understood how hard this time was because we have never had any children and I was only 26 years old at the time. Every time I was seen by her, I felt as if she was fighting for answers for my husband and I, seeing everything in our best interest. Time went by and I ended up hemorrhaging, which is a complication of the uterine AVM, and admitted to the hospital multiple times in a months span. While the bleeding would start and stop, the doctors were trying to figure out how to save my fertility without doing anything to drastic. After failed attempts to do so, I ultimately had to make the decision to get a hysterectomy for my health and safety. Dr. Keller was always there, one call away, to answer all my questions and concerns. I wanted to make sure that this was the best decision for myself and that there weren't any other options available. I trusted her decision, as did my husband. Now, fast forward to a little over a year later, and were are about to do an IVF cycle to ultimately have a surrogate carry our baby. After a couple of months of trying to heal mentally and physically, my husband and I are ready for our next steps into starting our family. The first appointment we had with Dr. Keller to meet to chat about IVF was one I will never forget. After sitting with her, discussing all that is involved with IVF, Dr. Keller looked at us and said, "I want you to get your baby! That is my goal here!". It made me feel as if I wasn't alone and I felt as if my husband and I are in the best hands. She always asks how I am doing when I meet with her, how I am healing, and just how I feel overall. My experiences that I have gone through in the past year and half are something I never expected. I never dreamt of not being able to carry our children. It sure does make it easier having Dr. Keller sincerely care about my husband and I and our ultimate goal which is to start our family. There is nothing bad I could say about Dr. Keller!
That she is trustworthy and will fight for the best care for you. She will always listen and respect your decisions. Effective communication!
I have always felt like a human under the care of Dr. Keller. After going through some testing for infertility, we became pregnant on our own. We miscarried our baby boy at 17 weeks. I was then diagnosed with an AVM in my uterus and ended up hemorrhaging a month after my miscarriage. I was in and out of the hospital with complications and trying to figure out how to save my fertility with my new diagnosis. I was always in contact with Dr. Keller and trusted her input on everything regarding our decisions. Ultimately, a hysterectomy had to happen for my safety and health. At age 26, with no children, it was and for ever will be the hardest decision of my life. Dr. Keller was there for my husband and I during that time and is now guiding us through IVF to do egg retrieval to have a surrogate. I am forever thankful for her care!
I am about 3 weeks away from our very first round of IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Susan )
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Washington University Fertility and Reproductive Medicine Center is well known and the doctors there have the best communication with their patients. They do egg retrievals 7 days a week, and they don't clump everyone into cycles together. They are able to work with each patient one on one.
I will know a more detailed cost estimate soon. Since we are just beginning our first IVF cycle, I am not sure of the overall costs. I estimate it being close to $20,000.
Dr. Keller has discussed her approach to both because of us needing to use a surrogate since I cannot carry. The decision mainly depends on the surrogate and what they agree too, but she does mention it is best to not do a multiple embryo transfer for surrogate to carry. It costs more and many more risks involve is my understanding.
St. Louis - Central West End
Dr. Omurtag was very aware of how difficult this process was and was always willing to work with my husband and me to find a treatment plan that worked for us. He listened to our concerns and made us feel good about moving forward. He was also very helpful in explaining our treatment.... Dr. Omurtag is a very helpful and compassionate doctor. He helped us navigate through a very frustrating and disappointing time in our life, which ended up resulting in the birth of our son. He was very informative and straightforward, but also listened to our concerns and reservations. I can’t recommend Dr. Omurtag and his staff enough!!
[Wash U is] Very organized, friendly, and helpful. Great and making sure you are informed and always willing to answer your questions. I never had to wait too long for appointments either. It was very easy to get ahold of my nurse or doctor.... Cathy was always very helpful and informative. She did the one IUI I had with Wash U. She was great about answering all of my questions.
Trust the process and try to be patient. Also, don’t be afraid to advocate for yourself and ask questions.
First we tried a medicated cycle with injections and an IUI. I over responded to the injections and had to wait 2 months for my ovaries to go down. Didn’t get to the IUI that time. We tried again, this time with less dosage and an IUI, by resulted in a negative pregnancy test. After that, we were ready to move forward with IVF. I used injections for 4-5 days (Gonal F, Menopur, and Lupron). My egg retrieval resulted in 32 eggs, 19 were mature, and we decided, as a personal decision to only fertilize 10. We did a fresh transfer with one of our day 5 embryos and ended up freezing the remaining four embryos we had for future use.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Cathy)
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Insurance covered our IVF treatment so I’m not sure. Medications cost us $3,000 out of pocket, and we had to put $600 (if I remember correctly) down to be financially clear.
St. Louis - Central West End

Dr. Omurtag is very kind, knowledgable, and patient...We also felt that he was very comfortable and competant in working with the LGBT community.He is very nice and makes you feel at ease. He explains things in an understandable way. My only word of caution would be that WashU does see a lot of patients and the majority of your interactions will not be with Dr. Omurtag.... He also tried to make us feel hopeful, and we could tell that he wanted us to be successful.
WashU sees a lot of patients, and the service is not very personal. We have not been treated poorly, but we also have not been treated exceptionally well by the staff...The nursing staff is competant and efficient. However, I cannot say that they show much compassion or attempt to get to know you personally. This is probably due to the volume of patients they see...IUIs were $385, and ultrasounds were $345. IVF is going to be approximately $11,500 (before meds).
Dr. Omurtag is very kind, knowledgable, and patient. We left our consultation with him feeling like our questions were answered. He also tried to make us feel hopeful, and we could tell that he wanted us to be successful. We also felt that he was very comfortable and competant in working with the LGBT community.
I would have no reservations referring someone to Dr. Omurtag. He is very nice and makes you feel at ease. He explains things in an understandable way. My only word of caution would be that WashU does see a lot of patients and the majority of your interactions will not be with Dr. Omurtag.
WashU sees a lot of patients, and the service is not very personal. We have not been treated poorly, but we also have not been treated exceptionally well by the staff. Dr. Omertag is very kind and personal, but we only saw him for consultations.
I did 3 IUIs, two with Clomid and one natural. I did day 12 ultrasounds to monitor follicles for the second and third cycles. For one cycle it was determined that the clomid diminished my lining so I was given estradoil and a trigger shot. IUI's were typically done the day after the positive LH surge. They were done by the nurse.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The obvious strength of WashU is that they have the highest success rates in the area. The doctors are experts at one of the most highly ranked medical centers in the country. Dr. Omrutag is very personable and patient as well. The weakness is that the staff is not very personal.
We are just beginning the IVF process, but during our IVF consultation he informed us that they recommend transfering only one embryo.
St. Louis - Central West End

Dr Omurtag is a compassionate, trustworthy doctor. I now consider him a friend. He has been there for my fiancé and I through this tough experience and has not let us feel as though we are "alone on an island" once, just like he promised in the beginning! We ended up with an ectopic pregnancy and had to have two doses of methotrexate, this all occurred over the holidays. You could feel the compassion when in his office and see the pain he had for us in his eyes. I could likely go elsewhere for less money but he is worth every extra penny, even if we didn't get to our end result just yet!
Kathy, the nurse and Jessie the AA [at Washington University] were both absolutely amazing and both went out of their way to find me for a hug when they knew I needed it the most. Jessie is always cheerful when answering the phone and legitimately happy to hear from you. Kathy is honest and compassionate. She is also very knowledgeable!... The lab techs are fabulous at drawing and always super friendly. The ultrasound techs are equally as good! Always happy and they explain every little moment to you so there are no surprises!
Go to your first meeting with your questions and with your past experiences and information! He will help guide you the rest of the way!
Dr Omurtag and his staff go above and beyond to make you feel special and most importantly, comfortable! Multiple times he has gone out of his way to ease my husbands and I's minds whether it was a check in call, researching to find an answer to our question or simply a hug!
Our first round was a long agonist with gonal-f protocol. The lupron that was used gave me terrible headaches and some stiffness in my neck but overall I did great with the protocol. We ended up transferring two healthy embryos and we had an ectopic pregnancy. We just now started an antagonist with OCPs protocol for round 2. He chose this so he can be more aggressive with the stimulation and therefore have more embryos hopefully to choose from in the end.
Kathy, the nurse and Jessie the AA were both absolutely amazing and both went out of their way to find me for a hug when they knew I needed it the most. Jessie is always cheerful when answering the phone and legitimately happy to hear from you. Kathy is honest and compassionate. She is also very knowledgeable!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
It was close to $18,00 including meds. Our insurance didn't cover a penny so we were out of pocket patients.
The doctors in this practice choose based on the embryos and their development. Their goal is for you to have one healthy and happy baby...they come with their reasoning on how many they feel you should transfer and together you make a decision.