4444 Forest Park Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63108
St. Louis - Missouri Baptist Med Center
3023 N. Ballas Road
St. Louis, MO 63131

Dr. Jungheim made sure to explain everything to us. When a cycle failed, she showed us complete compassion and understood our concerns. She made sure she addressed any concerns we had and answered every question. She is kind and trustworthy!... Everyone at the office listens to any concerns I have and answers questions without hesitation. They take their time in explaining everything and make sure I am comfortable and understand. I've never been treated with so much care and compassion by any doctor's office like I have at Wash U!
Everyone at the office [Wash U] listens to any concerns I have and answers questions without hesitation. They take their time in explaining everything and make sure I am comfortable and understand. I've never been treated with so much care and compassion by any doctor's office like I have at Wash U!... The nurse always made sure she got back to me in a timely manner. She answered any questions I had and if she wasn't sure, she made sure to ask Dr. Jungheim and then she got back to me immediately. She is always very kind, calm, and patient. She showed us nothing but compassion through the whole process!
How was your experience with Emily Jungheim at Washington University School of Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Emily Jungheim at Washington University School of Medicine?
Address any questions or concerns you have
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Emily Jungheim at Washington University School of Medicine?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nikki)

2017, Unknown Success
he [Dr. Kenan Omurtag] took interest in who i was and what my life was about, never had a dr so engaged in who i am as a person...He never tried to rush us or change our minds with trying a different procedure. He wanted the same outcome we wanted and that was nice to see...I first had to go through all the bloodwork and vaginal ultrasound. I was than put with a dr who would help me loose some weight. I needed to loose 60 lbs before the procedure.l can start. I was then placed on metformin and synthyroid.
[The nurses at Washington University School of Medicine are] very personable...I first had to go through all the bloodwork and vaginal ultrasound. I was than put with a dr who would help me loose some weight. I needed to loose 60 lbs before the procedure.l can start. I was then placed on metformin and synthyroid.
How was your experience with Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine?
Dr. Omurtag took our particular situation and made us feel at ease that we were doing the best thing that fit what we wanted as parents and ad being an light patient. He never tried to rush us or change our minds with trying a different procedure. He wanted the same outcome we wanted and that was nice to see.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine?
Be patient
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine?
Just he took interest in who i was and what my life was about, never had a dr so engaged in who i am as a person
Describe the protocols Kenan Omurtag used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
The nurses like dr omurtag are very personable
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Go in and see, and always be patient
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine.
Cost is nothing compared to having a baby it was all worth it. Insurance covered most appt but not actual procedure
2015 - 2017, Successful
Dr. Omurtag was fantastic. He was very upfront on expectations and took time to talk to me after the first IVF did not take.... My husband and I felt very comfortable with him and could talk freely with him about of questions and concerns. He really took the time to make sure we understood the risks and our options. I am so blessed to have two amazing children and I could not thank him enough for all he did. I would recommend him to anyone.
With so many people coming in at the same time, they [Washington University School of Medicine] really worked to get people in and out quickly for the blood works and ultrasounds. They were well organized and showed they care. They would remember your name which was a nice added touch.... Dr. Omurtag was fantastic. He was very upfront on expectations and took time to talk to me after the first IVF did not take. He gave me all the options and helped me think through our next steps which then resulted in a birth.
Dr. Omurtag was amazing. My husband and I felt very comfortable with him and could talk freely with him about of questions and concerns. He really took the time to make sure we understood the risks and our options. I am so blessed to have two amazing children and I could not thank him enough for all he did. I would recommend him to anyone.
Don’t be afraid to talk to him and get all your questions answer befor starting the process.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
With so many people coming in at the same time, they really worked to get people in and out quickly for the blood works and ultrasounds. They were well organized and showed they care. They would remember your name which was a nice added touch.
St. Louis - Central West End
Emily Jungheim was a very caring and unique understanding person.. Very professional and made sure you left her with no misunderstanding!! I loved my experience with her and would choose her again!!! The nurses were extremely help, kind and understanding I just love everything about this place...My doctor made sure I understood what my choices was and what was in my best health...Felt very safe in this clinic [WashU] and would go to it again
Very friendly and understanding [Washington University Nurses] made sure my feelings came first....Had no problems with them communication was very well handled . They made sure you understood all questions and concerns!! The clinic was clean and well kept and no problems finding their location. Was going under a little construction but wasn’t a problem! Felt very safe in this clinic and would go to it again..
Listen to everything she says because she’s doing what she can to make your dreams come true!!
Very caring and friendly person
Describe the protocols Emily Jungheim used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
Not sure of specific in protocol but I used Lupron, Gonal F, Menopur
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Yes)
Very friendly and understanding made sure my feelings came first.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Describe Emily Jungheim's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Washington University School of Medicine.
St. Louis - Missouri Baptist Med Center

2013 - 2015, Successful
Dr. Jungheim is an incredible doctor. She treats her patients and their spouse with respect and compassion. She does not overpromise but offers enough encouraging words that, as a patient, you know that she is deeply invested in the outcome....I never felt rushed. I felt that the doctor truly understood - and had compassion for - the emotional toll this experience took on a person. We were never pressured to make a decision. Just given the facts and encouraged to make a personal choice at every turn.
The clinic [Washington University Fertility] is very clean and organized. My one even slightly negative comment would be the front desk had frequent turnover....The nursing staff - Karen for blood work (retired now) and Tracy for ultrasounds - was some of the best I have ever seen....I never felt rushed. I felt that the doctor [Dr. Emily Jungheim] truly understood - and had compassion for - the emotional toll this experience took on a person. We were never pressured to make a decision. Just given the facts and encouraged to make a personal choice at every turn.
You will not regret your choice!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Andrea)
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic is very clean and organized. My one even slightly negative comment would be the front desk had frequent turnover.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Emily Jungheim at Washington University School of Medicine.
$15,000 all in; Our insurance covered $10,000

2014 - 2015, Successful
She [Dr. Amber Cooper] provided treatment that was custom to me and my body. She always made me feel like she cared. She answered every question I had without making me feel stupid for asking...She has the best bedside manner of any doctor I have ever met. She takes the time to explain everything, sets realistic expectations, and truly cares about your outcome.
The only issue [at Washington University Fertility] was that I was billed in error for treatment covered by the arc loan program...Both the nurse Andrea and the secretary Mary Ann were so good throughout the entire process. They answered every question. Treated me with respect at all times and showed so much compassion.
How was your experience with Amber Cooper at Washington University School of Medicine?
She provided treatment that was custom to me and my body. She always made me feel like she cared. She answered every question I had without making me feel stupid for asking.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Amber Cooper at Washington University School of Medicine?
You can trust her 100%
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Amber Cooper at Washington University School of Medicine?
Describe the protocols Amber Cooper used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
Endometrial biopsy to test for endometritis and help improve implantation. Lupron, menopure, folystim, and trigger.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The only issue was that I was billed in error for treatment covered by the arc loan program
Describe the costs associated with your care under Amber Cooper at Washington University School of Medicine.
Insurance covered some until I reached my lifetime max. Took out a loan from the arc program for about $12000 to cover a retrieval, fresh transfer, and frozen transfer
Amber Cooper
2011 - 2012, Unsuccessful
Dr. Rattes understood we had no insurance coverage and tried to do what was best for us within our financial means. She was very open and honest. She was not afraid to tell me my best option would be IVF and stop wasting my money on IUI's. She always gave me multiple options in the beginning and listed all the pros and cons of each option.... She was very kind and compassionate. She truly wanted to help us.
The nursing staff [at Washington University School of Medicine] was very pleasant and discrete when treating me. They understand that the situation is very personal and also upsetting to the patient.... The clinic is very up front with the cost of the procedures. They were willing to work with me on how to pay for my treatments. They facility was clean and had easy parking.
How was your experience with Valerie Ratts at Washington University School of Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Valerie Ratts at Washington University School of Medicine?
Definitely give her a try!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Valerie Ratts at Washington University School of Medicine?
She was very kind and compassionate. She truly wanted to help us.
Describe the protocols Valerie Ratts used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
Dr. Rattes started me with Clomid. She then prepared me for IUI. After it failed she recommended IVF.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Washington University School of Medicine.
The nursing staff was very pleasant and discrete when treating me. They understand that the situation is very personal and also upsetting to the patient.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Valerie Ratts at Washington University School of Medicine.
I did not have any insurance coverage for infertility so the cost were very high.
Valerie Ratts

2014 - 2015, Successful
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
He [Dr Omurtag] would call on weekends to make sure I was doing ok on my meds. When I found out I had DOR after I tried donating my eggs to my sister, he literally said his stomach dropped when he read my diagnosis. He was hurting with us. That's when I knew he was the right doctor for me...Be open and honest. If you don't agree with an option he gives, let him know. He will work with you to find the best treatment possible and make sure you feel supported.
Friendly and cooperative. Difficult to get through to an actual person though. Almost always have to leave a message for them to call you back. But almost always very quickly back....He [Dr Omurtag] would call on weekends to make sure I was doing ok on my meds. When I found out I had DOR after I tried donating my eggs to my sister, he literally said his stomach dropped when he read my diagnosis.
He would call on weekends to make sure I was doing ok on my meds. When I found out I had DOR after I tried donating my eggs to my sister, he literally said his stomach dropped when he read my diagnosis. He was hurting with us. That's when I knew he was the right doctor for me.
He genuinely cared about my issues and our success.
Very friendly!

2015, Successful
He [Dr. Omurtag] and his nurse both called me to talk with me directly on different occasions to make sure my concerns were answered. He would answer my patient portal messages directly, even when he was on vacation...He listened to all of my concerns and showed great empathy. He would discuss the current literature with me. He always helped me stay positive. He was genuinely concerned with my outcome...
Very friendly staff [at Wash U - CWE] and nice facilities...Andrea was beyond amazing. She always called me back right away and listened to my concerns...I was switched to the antagonist protocol after my egg quality was not great on the first cycle...
Trust Dr. Omurtag!
He and his nurse both called me to talk with me directly on different occasions to make sure my concerns were answered. He would answer my patient portal messages directly, even when he was on vacation.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Very friendly staff and nice facilities.
It was covered under insurance.
2015, Unknown Success
I have so much to say about doctor Odem and his group. They were absolutely fantastic...He spent hours in consults with me. When I was hospitalized, he came to see me every day for progress checks. His nurses knew me by more than just my chart. I had the best experience at Washington University in St. Louis.
I have so much to say about doctor Odem and his group [at Washington University in St. Louis Fertility]. They were absolutely fantastic...His nurses knew me by more than just my chart. I had the best experience at Washington University in St. Louis. I would suggest anyone looking into RE's to look into the St. Louis area.
How was your experience with Randall Odem (retired) at Washington University School of Medicine?
I have so much to say about doctor Odem and his group. They were absolutely fantastic. They took the time to take every single one of my phone calls. He spent hours in consults with me. When I was hospitalized, he came to see me every day for progress checks. His nurses knew me by more than just my chart. I had the best experience at Washington University in St. Louis. I would suggest anyone looking into RE's to look into the St. Louis area.
Randall Odem (retired)
St. Louis - Central West End

The tone in the way that the staff [at Washington University in St. Louis Fertility] and Dr. Keller talked to me showed that they had true compassion....Dr. Keller successfully got me pregnant and was a compassionate Doctor. Her nursing staff was also great!
How was your experience with Sarah Keller at Washington University School of Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sarah Keller at Washington University School of Medicine?
Utilize the patient portal, that is the fastest way to get a response
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sarah Keller at Washington University School of Medicine?
The tone in the way that the staff and dr. Keller talked to me showed that they had true compassion.
Sarah Keller
St. Louis - Central West End

Dr. Omurtag was gentle, kind, patient, able to explain things in detail so that I felt like I understand the process, not pushy, open to questions, and really seemed like he genuinely loved his job...He used facts and data to rationalize the options he presented while being supportive as we decided on what would be best for us.
[Washington U School of Medicine is] Professional, clean, efficient, friendly, easy to navigate. The clinic has an easy to navigate and informative website. They provide information in multiple formats for maximum effectiveness of communication...The approach was to present all the information and options in a way that didn't feel like it was pressuring us to make one decision or another. He used facts and data to rationalize the options he presented while being supportive as we decided on what would be best for us.
Dr. Omurtag is an amazing doctor at an amazing clinic. He is a true partner with his patients as he goes through the process with you. I found no weaknesses or points of frustration in Dr. Omurtag's ability or bedside manner.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and let him know if you need something rephrased or elaborated on because he is happy to do so.
The protocol used was long agonist IVF after IUI and fertility pills did not work due to my diagnosis of Unknown Ovulation Disorder. He even connected me with a pelvic therapist to help a secondary issue I didn't even know I had until meeting with him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jessie,Mary,Sandra, Cynthia, Marilyn, Kathy, Crystal, Denice)
Professional, kind, warm, supportive, understanding, patient, prompt with communication, helpful
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Little to none due to the treatment being covered under insurance
Describe Kenan Omurtag's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Washington University School of Medicine.
2018 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Omurtag has incredible bedside manner. He is caring and sensitive and personable...He was professional, yet extremely personal and supportive. I felt completely at ease in his care. I tested positive for COVID during our first attempted IVF cycle (had just started stimulation). We had to cancel the cycle, and [he] and his entire team was supportive and caring.
I have discussed [Washington U School of Midicine] strength's throughout. I cannot point out any weaknesses. Excellent staff - from the front desk to coordinators to doctors and nurses to surgical staff. All are welcoming and caring. I never thought I would say this, but I will miss going to this office for the time being...All wonderful. Kept in constant communication with me. Were quick to respond to any questions or concerns I had.
The best doctor I've ever had. I do not have one negative thing to say about him. He was professional, yet extremely personal and supportive. I felt completely at ease in his care. I tested positive for COVID during our first attempted IVF cycle (had just started stimulation). We had to cancel the cycle, and Dr. Omurtag and his entire team was supportive and caring.
Don't worry; he's got you.
3 cycles Clomid only (per my request), all unsuccessful. 3 cycles IUI with Clomid, all unsuccessful. 1 interrupted cycle IVF due to my COVID diagnosis. 1 long-agonist IVF cycle (oral BC, lupron, follistim, menopur, trigger, and progesterone) with 19 follicles detected on US, 12 eggs retrieved, half ICSI and half non-ICSI, 6 eggs fertilized, 3 excellent quality embryos, single embryo transfer with positive singleton pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kathy Shelton RN and Jessie Rieger)
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
I have discussed strength's throughout. I cannot point out any weaknesses. Excellent staff - from the front desk to coordinators to doctors and nurses to surgical staff. All are welcoming and caring. I never thought I would say this, but I will miss going to this office for the time being.
I prefer not to say. I have a fertility benefit through my insurance that covered over half of our expenses.
St. Louis - Central West End
[Dr. Sarah Keller's]Strengths- knowledgeable, kind, informative...After a fertility test, she recommended fibroid surgery. After surgery, she did further tests and recommended polyp removal. Each surgery has improved my quality of life greatly! No baby yet. We plan to continue surgeries and IVF after Covid-19 dies down...
[staff of Washington University School of Medicine]They are really good communicators. I never feel like a number. They’ve never messed up with billing and they’re always gracious...they are really good at drawing blood and they are very kind in the process...[nurses]They’re thorough and amazing...The costs are minimal, we have good insurance
Strengths- knowledgeable, kind, informative Weakness- It’s a lot to ask but I wish she understood a bit better how to relate to a 40-something very pro-life, patient. Some words are very triggering like “Viable fetus” or “products of conception”. A simple study of semantics could help patients process difficult news a bit better. Again, no judgment here, just a suggestion...She’s awesome!
Listen to her advice, she’s a professional who cares.
She’s amazing! I love Dr. Keller. She’s brilliant, informative, and helpful
Describe the protocols Sarah Keller used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
They’re thorough and amazing!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
They’re clean and organized. They are really good communicators. I never feel like a number. They’ve never messed up with billing and they’re always gracious. Also, I have very little veins. And they are really good at drawing blood and they are very kind in the process. You’ll love it!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sarah Keller at Washington University School of Medicine.
The costs are minimal, we have good insurance. The fertility stuff isn’t covered so we are preparing for that big financial hit.
Describe Sarah Keller's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Washington University School of Medicine.
No comments
Sarah Keller
St. Louis - Central West End

During our initial consultation with Dr. Omurtag, he spent a lot of time with us going over every detail. He never seemed rushed and answered all of our questions. While he provided treatment recommendations, he allowed us to come up with a plan that worked for our family...He always responded promptly to messages through My Chart..
They [Washington University School of Medicine nurses] were very organized and provided clear instructions every step of the way. They always responded promptly to phone messages and messages through My Chart...Everything needed was in the same location and easily accessible...He never seemed rushed and answered all of our questions. While he provided treatment recommendations, he allowed us to come up with a plan that worked for our family.
Doctor Omurtag was kind, patient, compassionate and incredibly knowledgeable. He allowed us to come up with a fertility plan that worked for us. He explained every step of the process in detail and answered any question we had. He always responded promptly to messages through My Chart.
Go see him!
Three rounds of Clomid with timed intercourse.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kathy and Jessie)
Kathy and Jessie were incredibly kind, compassionate and helpful. They were very organized and provided clear instructions every step of the way. They always responded promptly to phone messages and messages through My Chart.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Everything needed was in the same location and easily accessible. XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxccccccccccccccffffffffffffffFfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffBbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb Ghggggggghhhhhhhhggggggggggggggggggg
I don’t believe I had to pay out of pocket for anything other than copays.
2022, Successful
I really can’t say enough nice things about Dr.Omurtag. He is very confident and I love that about him. He gives you all of the information needed to make the best decision for yourself...Any procedure Dr.Omurtag has performed on me was so much more tolerable than previous ones I’ve had with other doctors...explains everything in detail and lets you make the decision that you feel is right for you. He is very patient and detail oriented.
I really liked this clinic [Washington University School of Medicine], they make sure you don’t wait long to be seen, they’re all so nice and compassionate. For any new patients, I would recommend asking any questions you may have. Make your expectations known...[nurse] Kathy was amazing! She was very knowledgeable and prompt. Whenever I have a question she is fast to respond. She kept me updated on all of my results and made sure I understood what to do next.
Any procedure Dr.Omurtag has performed on me was so much more tolerable than previous ones I’ve had with other doctors. Saline sonogram- Dr. Omurtag walked me through everything he made me feel comfortable. Since I’ve had this procedure before at a different clinic, I was very nervous because it was extremely painful before. However, when Dr. Omurtag did the saline sonogram it was such a different experience. The procedure was really quick and nowhere near as painful as it was the first time. Hysteroscopy- Dr. Omurtag was so informative. He walked me through everything he was doing before he did it. He was so reassuring and confident. The procedure was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. It was very bearable. IVF- Dr. Omurtag recommended a fresh embryo transfer, so that is what we did. He wanted to make sure that I didn’t get OHSS since I had around 40 follicles at baseline. Thankfully my ovaries responded well to the medication and we retrieved 20 eggs, 18 were mature and 12 fertilized. We transferred 1 4AA embryo and 7 made it to blast to be frozen. I really can’t say enough nice things about Dr.Omurtag. He is very confident and I love that about him. He gives you all of the information needed to make the best decision for yourself.
Do not compare yourself to other people. Each protocol is designed according to what each individual needs. What works for you, may not work for another person.
Dr. Omurtag explains everything in detail and lets you make the decision that you feel is right for you. He is very patient and detail oriented.
I did a fresh embryo cycle using the antogonist protocol. I have unexplained infertility,<35 and have a normal amh, Dr. Omurtag felt that would be the best option for me. I have PCOS, so Dr. Omurtag, didn’t want me to get OHSS so he kept my dosages at an appropriate level and thankfully I did not get OHSS. I had 18 mature eggs, so since I have unexplained infertility, we wanted to see if maybe there was a fertilization issue so we split the eggs. 9 were inseminated with icsi and 9 were inseminated with conventional ivf. 5 fertilized eggs resulted from icsi and 7 fertilized eggs resulted from conventional ivf. The 4AA embryo we transferred was a result of conventional ivf.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kathy)
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
I really liked this clinic, they make sure you don’t wait long to be seen, they’re all so nice and compassionate. For any new patients, I would recommend asking any questions you may have. Make your expectations known.
I used insurance, so I don’t have the total cost.
Dr.Omurtag and I both agreed that transferring only 1 embryo was the best choice for me.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Omurtag’s practical and matter-of-fact approach was exactly what we needed as a dual military couple...We really only interacted with him about 4x. 2x for the consults, 1x for the egg retrieval, and the last to confirm our pregnancy at 9 weeks. I chatted with his team of nurses much more than him...My only criticism is I wish I would have known that a baseline appt could ‘fail’ (I had a cyst on one of my follicles and I wasn’t able to proceed with injectable’s). I heard from his nurse - and it would have been nice to know that that was a possibility but also to hear it from him...
I really enjoyed the nursing staff [at Washington University School of Medicine] - I knew when they were going to call and they were very direct communicators with explicit instructions via phone and MyChart...I chatted with his team of nurses much more than him [Dr. Omurtag]... The clinic’s receptionists/front desk were very kind and welcoming...Would just like to have known we had a balance of $800 for the freezing of our eggs. We were under the impression we were paid in full...
Dr. Omurtag’s practical and matter-of-fact approach was exactly what we needed as a dual military couple. My only criticism is I wish I would have known that a baseline appt could ‘fail’ (I had a cyst on one of my follicles and I wasn’t able to proceed with injectable’s). I heard from his nurse - and it would have been nice to know that that was a possibility but also to hear it from him. Other than that he gave us exactly what we needed/wanted. Vivian Grace was born 23 April fully healthy and at 40wks +1day.
Expectation management. If he’s confident you’re going to respond well know that you’ll hear from his team moreso than him. My approach to that was that more women needed his attention due to their diagnosis/protocol than we did.
I was on an antagonist protocol which seemed like the most feasible due to my high AMH and very regular periods (no PCOS/endometriosis). Was in birth control to calm everything before my baseline.
I really enjoyed the nursing staff - I knew when they were going to call and they were very direct communicators with explicit instructions via phone and MyChart
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Would just like to have known we had a balance of $800 for the freezing of our eggs. We were under the impression we were paid in full. The clinic’s receptionists/front desk were very kind and welcoming
Approximately 15K without medication.
What specific things went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine.
The first baseline did not go well and I wish I would have known that that was a possibility
2021, Successful
While he [Dr. Omurtag] was always straightforward, it was never indifferent or cold. His manner and encouragement was so appreciated during such a stressful time...He is very thorough and wants to have all the information before presenting the best options customized for you. Be prepared for a variety of tests for both you and your partner...Recalls details of previous discussions...about 6 months of trying to conceive without success, Dr Omurtag then requested my partner be evaluated and placed me on letrozole. Luckily this only required one cycle to conceive
[Washington University School of Medicine] staff were responsive, proactive, informative, and straight forward. Facility had an easy off campus location in CWE with parking so no worries about navigating through Barnes campus...Responded to messaged questions within hours and test results always same day...team walked me through home testing and lab work thereafter ever step of the way...Such a wonderful and supportive experience...
Dr Omurtag and his staff were incredible. Responded to messaged questions within hours and test results always same day. We had a few set backs and bumps along the way. While he was always straightforward, it was never indifferent or cold. His manner and encouragement was so appreciated during such a stressful time.
Recalls details of previous discussions.
Following several tests to evaluate my fertility r/t age, adjustments to my medications, and the addition of home ovulations tests, and about 6 months of trying to conceive without success, Dr Omurtag then requested my partner be evaluated and placed me on letrozole. Luckily this only required one cycle to conceive. His team walked me through home testing and lab work thereafter ever step of the way. I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks and again at 7 weeks prior to him releasing me back to my OB for care. Such a wonderful and supportive experience. Hopefully will not have to return but 10/10 recommend!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jesse)
Incredibly responsive and patient with all questions. Such an asset to the team!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
MD and staff were responsive, proactive, informative, and straight forward. Facility had an easy off campus location in CWE with parking so no worries about navigating through Barnes campus. No complaints.
The hysterosalpingogram and ultrasound were expensive and maxed out my insurance copay. The genetic testing was also out of pocket. Total spent was likely $1200.

2018 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Omertag spent a ton of time with my husband and I answering any and every question we had. He called personally after each failed transfer with a game plan and made us feel he really cared about our outcome. He set realistic expectations for us, and didn’t let us give up hope...Because of the previous failed single transfers and my age we decided on multiple transfer for the most recent.
[the Washington University nurses were] both were extremely kind and very attuned to the mental toll fertility treatments can take on someone...IUIs were ~$500 each I believe we were quoted ~$16,000 for IVF including ICSI...he front desk staff are knowledgeable about billing issues and all lab technicians I worked with were wonderful...Rarely did I wait past my appointment time
Dr. Omertag is an excellent physician. I didn’t have any hesitation with any of his recommendations. He thoroughly explained each step and kept us moving forward. He is compassionate towards his patients and you can tell he truly cares about your outcome. Fertility treatments can be daunting and emotionally draining and he checked in regularly to see how my husband and I were doing through the process mentally.
Ask questions. He’s great at explaining and answering.
Dr. Omertag spent a ton of time with my husband and I answering any and every question we had. He called personally after each failed transfer with a game plan and made us feel he really cared about our outcome. He set realistic expectations for us, and didn’t let us give up hope. His staff are wonderful as well and also answered the barrage of questions that inevitably came up through each cycle.
We used 2 different protocols for the 2 egg retrievals and fertilized using ICSI with each. Both cycles produced similar amount and quality of eggs and subsequently embryos. We used ICSI due to poor sperm morphology and motility.
Kathy and Jessie were amazing to work with. I had tons of questions and both were so helpful. They both were extremely kind and very attuned to the mental toll fertility treatments can take on someone.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic is run efficiently. Rarely did I wait past my appointment time. I felt very safe in the clinic during the peak of COVID with all precautions they had set in place. The front desk staff are knowledgeable about billing issues and all lab technicians I worked with were wonderful.
IUIs were ~$500 each I believe we were quoted ~$16,000 for IVF including ICSI. We did have some insurance coverage with both retrieval’s. Embryo transfer with no coverage was ~$3,400
We did 2 single frozen embryo transfers and one multiple (2) fresh transfer. Our fresh transfer resulted in a single live birth. Because of the previous failed single transfers and my age we decided on multiple transfer for the most recent.
St. Louis - Central West End
Any questions I ever had, no matter how small, [our Washington U School of Medicine] responded quickly and was always very helpful...The clinic’s usual protocol was to do a single embryo transfer if you were under 35 and had no other failed ivf attempts...I never had to wait for my appointments, they were always on time and greeted you like you were family. From the bloodwork appointments, to ultrasounds, to the retrieval and transfer, I have no complaints
Dr. Omurtag is the best! He understood how extensive my endometriosis is and didn’t waste any time getting me started with treatments. We went straight into ivf to work towards the best possible outcome as quickly as possible. I never felt in the dark about anything along the way, he was very informative. Can’t recommend or thank him enough!
To absolutely go to him. I’m very lucky my surgeon referred me to him and this clinic.
He cheered me along every step of the way and made me feel like he really cared about our outcome and wanted to do everything possible to make it happen for us.
I started out on birth control. Then started on lupron, menopur and gonal F. I responded very well to the meds and they were able to retrieve 16 eggs. I’m now on progesterone in oil.
My nurse Kathy was amazing! Any questions I ever had, no matter how small, she responded quickly and was always very helpful. She has a great way of assuring you you’re doing everything right. As far as the rest of the nursing staff that did the ultrasounds and bloodwork, they were also amazing. Literally the best.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Was very happy with this clinic. Very efficient. I never had to wait for my appointments, they were always on time and greeted you like you were family. From the bloodwork appointments, to ultrasounds, to the retrieval and transfer, I have no complaints. I’m very happy we were referred to this clinic.
The clinic’s usual protocol was to do a single embryo transfer if you were under 35 and had no other failed ivf attempts, I believe. I was completely fine with this protocol.
2018 - 2020, Successful
IVF was scary for me AND my husband, but dr omurtag was so transparent and helped us along every step of the way. I feel like he was always available for questions, appointments, and even just to update him...We did ICSI because it was recommended, and I am currently 15 weeks pregnant...He was SO down to earth, I was terrified that I’d never get pregnant and he was so good about talking through everything and making sure my husband and I were very aware of all of the steps involved.
Everyone was very organized [at Washington University School of Medicine], even through COVID precautions. Everyone always answered all of our questions and was very kind and compassionate! I am so glad I chose this clinic, especially during such a weird time in our world...She kept me up to date with all of the details, constantly sending me messages through MyChart and responding to my questions in a very timely manner. She [the nurse] listened to me when I was confused or worried, and always answered everything with lots of details. She was one of the first people I sent my ultrasound picture and was very exciting for us!
I have a pituitary cyst, which causes me to have to force ovulation. I don’t menstruate regularly, so I have to take drugs in order to bleed. I was nervous about starting IVF because my ovaries responded too much to the IUI and never got to the transfer. IVF was scary for me AND my husband, but dr omurtag was so transparent and helped us along every step of the way. I feel like he was always available for questions, appointments, and even just to update him.
Don’t give up!
We tried IUI a couple years ago. I went in for baseline ultrasound and lab work, then started injections. My injections were nightly, followed by more ultrasounds and lab work every few days. It got very stressful and then I got the phone call that my ovaries weren’t responding the way they expected, so I’d have to cancel and try IVF. Then COVID happened. Finally in February 2021, we forced a period, and started IVF! More testing, ultrasounds and labs, injections, and countless appointments. I went through with a day5 embryo transfer and froze five more. We did ICSI because it was recommended, and I am currently 15 weeks pregnant!
She kept me up to date with all of the details, constantly sending me messages through MyChart and responding to my questions in a very timely manner. She listened to me when I was confused or worried, and always answered everything with lots of details. She was one of the first people I sent my ultrasound picture and was very exciting for us!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Everyone was very organized, even through COVID precautions. Everyone always answered all of our questions and was very kind and compassionate! I am so glad I chose this clinic, especially during such a weird time in our world
I am glad we only transferred one embryo, dr omurtag told us it would be more successful and safer since twins run in both of our families!
St. Louis - Central West End

During the initial consultation he was very well informed about our process already and had a game plan already in place for our experience with his clinic [Washington University - St. Louis]. He focused on our issues and I felt like he was a lot more willing to tailor the process to our specific needs, unlike our previous doctor. He went over everything in great detail, allowed us time to ask questions, and was just wonderful to work with the entire time. He genuinely cares about his patients and the outcome of their treatment.
Everything is in one spot, they get you in and out in a timely manner while still preforming the best they can. Every single person I came in contact with had such a positive attitude and was so pleasant to work with. I loved the entire staff [Washington University - St. Louis]! ... They treated me with the utmost respect and care that I needed during this difficult process. ... The nursing staff was wonderful. They made no mistakes and went over everything with me thoroughly.
I came to Dr. Omurtag after we had a very bad experience with another local fertility specialist after a failed IVF cycle. He also came highly recommended by coworkers. During the initial consultation he was very well informed about our process already and had a game plan already in place for our experience with his clinic. He focused on our issues and I felt like he was a lot more willing to tailor the process to our specific needs, unlike our previous doctor. He went over everything in great detail, allowed us time to ask questions, and was just wonderful to work with the entire time. He genuinely cares about his patients and the outcome of their treatment. I have already recommended him to friends, and will return to him later on for additional treatment when needed. Best fertility doctor ever!
As hard as the entire process is, try to relax and trust that this fertility clinic has your best interest at heart.
Everyone I came in contact with at this clinic was absolutely wonderful. They treated me with the utmost respect and care that I needed during this difficult process. I couldn't say more positive things about the entire staff, they were perfect!
We did a full IVF procedure. I went in for a sonohyst to check my ovarian reserve, everything went great. They then started me on birth control pills after my next period, which I took for 3 weeks. I started Lupron 4 days before my birth control ended, then added in Gonal F, and Menopur later on. We did the trigger shot and then egg retrieval, and a 5 day fresh transfer.
The nursing staff was wonderful. They made no mistakes and went over everything with me thoroughly. They were great to work with and had my best interest at heart. Loved them!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
I have been to more than one fertility clinic, and I have to say, this one was the absolute best, hands down. Everything is in one spot, they get you in and out in a timely manner while still preforming the best they can. Every single person I came in contact with had such a positive attitude and was so pleasant to work with. I loved the entire staff!
$600ish with insurance benefits, also we has already met our deductible for the year

2019 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Omurtag was so Personable every time I saw him. Talked and make me feel comfortable every time I saw him...He is so kind and compassionate! Had a wonderful experience from my first time meeting him in the office to be evaluated and explained everything in a way we could understand why we weren’t get pregnant on our own. Always told us risks and numbers of our chances.
I didn’t notice any weakness [at Washington University School of Medicine]. Everyone knew what they were doing and was on the same page...I do Wish Dr. Omurtag was able to do my transfers personally, but Dr. Keller did an amazing job and I felt at peace having her do it as well! All the lab techs that drew my blood were excellent as well!
Trust him to help you create your family. It’s not fun going through infertility but having him along side of you was the best decision we’ve made.
Egg retrieval was a long of shots and at certain times. Everyone was all on the same page and it was very easy knowing what I needed to do and when!
She was so sweet with she called me to tell me one of our transfers didn’t work. So so compassionate in that time of sadness.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
I didn’t notice any weakness. Everyone knew what they were doing and was on the same page. I wish I was Able to meet Kathy and Jessie face to face but that didn’t happen for me. I do Wish Dr. Omurtag was able to do my transfers personally, but Dr. Keller did an amazing job and I felt at peace having her do it as well! All the lab techs that drew my blood were excellent as well!
Insurance covered most of egg retrieval but transferred were out of pocket
We were only able to transfer one embryo at a time due to the quality of our embryos and my age. I trusted Dr. Omurtag in that decision.
2020, Consult
Dr. Omurtag was very knowledgeable about the process and straight forward about the complications that could arise and the cost associated with it. Overall it was a great experience...I was treated with respect and with kindness...No one "wants" to have to go thru fertility treatments, but if you are in the situation, you are in good hands with Dr. Omurtag. Ask a lot of questions because he has all the answers and explains it in a very easy way to understand.
It took a few months to get an appointment (virtually) [at Washington University School of Medicine], but it was worth the wait. Once we had the appointment, bloodwork and an ultrasound were scheduled within days and everything moved rather quickly. We were comfortable speaking to the nurses and staff and everyone seemed knowledgeable and friendly.
We had a virtual visit and didn't know what to expect, but it ended up being very informative and helpful. Dr. Omurtag was very knowledgeable about the process and straight forward about the complications that could arise and the cost associated with it. Overall it was a great experience.
I was treated with respect and with kindness.
We did not end up doing fertility treatment because we ended up testing negative for a genetic concern we had.
The nurses were all friendly and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
It took a few months to get an appointment (virtually), but it was worth the wait. Once we had the appointment, bloodwork and an ultrasound were scheduled within days and everything moved rather quickly. We were comfortable speaking to the nurses and staff and everyone seemed knowledgeable and friendly.
The cost would be very high had we gone thru IVF due to the nature of what we trying to do (testing for a genetic mutation in an embryo).
St. Louis - Central West End

Dr. Omurtag was absolutely amazing & I would highly recommend him to anyone going through infertility. We couldn’t have asked for a better fertility doctor-from the very first consultation up until our follow-up appointment and everything in between. He wanted to get to know us as people, and it is so evident that he truly cares about his patients.
Single embryo transfer is what they recommended, and seem to recommend to most younger patients...She [Washington University nurse] never made me feel like I was driving her crazy with all my questions, or that any questions was a dumb question. She was always very thorough with instructions when I was going through my stimulation medicines and her communicating with me was absolutely amazing!
Go to Dr. Omurtag with no hesitations! :)
To Dr. Omurtag, I didn’t feel like a normal patient. He wanted to get to know us as people, not just patients of his.
We had male factor infertility. My husband had a TESE procedure done then I was put on STIM meds, we had our egg retrieval then our 5-day fresh transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kathy Shelton )
We absolutely loved our fertility nurse. She never made me feel like I was driving her crazy with all my questions, or that any questions was a dumb question. She was always very thorough with instructions when I was going through my stimulation medicines and her communicating with me was absolutely amazing!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
WashU Fertility Clinic is the best in the area. You won’t find a better clinic to assist with infertility issues. They all show so much love and compassion for their patients. From the ladies in the front office, ultrasound techs, the ladies in the lab, our surgical team, to the fertility doctors..all amazing!!
IVF is costly but WashU provided fertility financing options. We were made aware of the costs upfront so there were no hidden fees or surprises.