4444 Forest Park Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63108
3023 N. Ballas Road
St. Louis, MO 63131

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
My experience with Dr. Omurtag has been outstanding...he has made sure that all of our questions have been answered and explains everything very thoroughly. He also allows me to be an active participant in my care...He can also speak to research/data which is important because he is able to provide an explanation as to why abc will work and xyz won’t. While I wish I didn’t have to see Dr. Omurtag, I can’t imagine using any other physician for infertility.
My [Washington University School of Medicine - St. Louis] clinic is very organized and communicates promptly. The staff is extremely friendly and I’m always greeted by name when checking in with reception. The clinic is associated with a teaching hospital, so I’ve found they don’t really offer treatments that don’t have much backing by research. They are however willing to refer you somewhere else to get those treatments if you so wish.
How was your experience with Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine?
My experience with Dr. Omurtag has been outstanding. He truly understands that infertility affects many aspects of a patients life and acknowledges it as well. Each time my husband and I have met with Dr. Omurtag he has made sure that all of our questions have been answered and explains everything very thoroughly. He also allows me to be an active participant in my care, and has never told me yes/no without looking through my chart to determine what is the best course of action. He can also speak to research/data which is important because he is able to provide an explanation as to why abc will work and xyz won’t. While I wish I didn’t have to see Dr. Omurtag, I can’t imagine using any other physician for infertility.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine?
Have questions ready to ask at appointments, he really wants to make sure you’re an active participant in your care and that you understand the process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine?
Every time I’ve gone to my clinic I’m greeted by the receptionist by name. Anytime when working directly with Dr. Omurtag, he addresses both my husband and I by name and even asks about our toddler. I always feel I have ample time to ask any questions I have and never feel rushed.
Describe the protocols Kenan Omurtag used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
If I remember correctly, we used an antagonist cycle for my first egg retrieval. Based on my labs and antral follicle count, he thought I would respond well to that protocol, and I did. We then did a fresh transfer that resulted in a chemical pregnancy, so we ran more labs and found out I may have APS. Due to the possible APS diagnosis, we added in a blood thinner (lovenox) and a baby aspirin to my frozen embryo transfer protocol. Sadly that transfer ended in an ectopic pregnancy. We’re currently waiting for my cycle to do some more testing prior to starting another egg retrieval cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kathy)
I have nothing but good things to say about the nursing staff at my clinic. My primary nurse is Kathy, but I have worked with others as well. They are all very caring and have called to check in after different procedures. They are extremely communicative as well, I have never waited more than a few hours for a response to my questions through mychart.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
My clinic is very organized and communicates promptly. The staff is extremely friendly and I’m always greeted by name when checking in with reception. The clinic is associated with a teaching hospital, so I’ve found they don’t really offer treatments that don’t have much backing by research. They are however willing to refer you somewhere else to get those treatments if you so wish.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine.
I’m extremely lucky and have insurance coverage at 100% for IVF once my deductible has been met, so it’s hard to determine the exact cost.
Describe Kenan Omurtag's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Washington University School of Medicine.
Due to my age/my husband’s age and our diagnosis, we will only transfer one egg/transfer.

2022, Unsuccessful
Dr. Omurtag was very welcoming and made me and my partner feel comfortable and “normal”. We talked to him about our hopes and he was able to listen and guide us to the right path for us. He is extremely knowledgeable, honest about results and easy to communicate with...He was hopeful and positive and made me feel comfortable...He was down to earth, easy to have a conversation with and honest about possible outcomes.
The [Washington University School of Medicine] clinic was clean, organized and ran very efficiently. The staff was all extremely kind which makes a huge difference. I never got the results that I wanted from my egg retrieval or our transfer but they were kind and caring...The staff was all welcoming and respectful. At times I feel uncomfortable around doctors or nurses but never felt that way at Wash U. They were excited for my wife and I and made us feel very comfortable.
We have only met with Dr. Omurtag once at the beginning of our journey. He was down to earth, easy to have a conversation with and honest about possible outcomes. He was hopeful and positive and made me feel comfortable. Unfortunately our IVF cycle was not successful and we need to try again. We meet with Dr. Omurtag again next week.
Any person going through fertility treatments I would say be patient and know your journey may follow a different path that what you expected. I was naive and thought I would have multiple chances of having a child through one IVF cycle but the sad reality was we only got one embryo.
Everyone at the office has been extremely kind and patient with us. They have walked us through every step of the way. Before my trigger shot one of the nurses was on the phone with me for 45 minutes to make sure I completely understood all of the medicine and instructions. I get overwhelmed easily with doctors and don’t always feel comfortable asking questions to better understand. However with this office they have always made me feel comfortable, gone above and beyond to educate me and assist me along the way. Everyone in the office has been kind, helpful and happy.
We used an agonist protocol. The medicine listed below were what I was prescribed. Gonal-F 900 units pen - 2 pens Menopur 75 units - 10 vials Ganerelix 250 mcg injection - 6 boxes Leuprolide trigger shot - 1 shot (the pharmacy may send a 2 week kit in place of the single shot) Novarel 5,000 unit injection - 2 box/es Birth control pills 1 pack I only went through the egg retrieval process as my wife and I are doing reciprocal IVF so she will be the one to carry the baby. I produced 8 eggs at the time of retrieval. Out of those 8 only 5 made it to where they could be fertilized. They attempted to fertilize my eggs with two different methods. One where they sprinkle sperm by the egg and the sperm swim to the egg to fertilize it and the other was to inject the sperm right into the egg. I only had one embryo form and it was from the first method.
How competent was Kenan Omurtag at LGBTQ care?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kate)
All of the nurses were super friendly and kind. They were patient in explaining results and instructions. They always made me feel comfortable and informed.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic was clean, organized and ran very efficiently. The staff was all extremely kind which makes a huge difference. I never got the results that I wanted from my egg retrieval or our transfer but they were kind and caring.
My insurance did not cover fertility. Medication was around $2500 for my part. We paid around 7,000 for the egg retrieval itself. We have paid around $20,000 from start to finish. They were upfront about the cost and mailed out an informational sheet that explained everything. We met with the financial team to get cleared before we started.
How competent was Washington University School of Medicine at LGBTQ care?
Describe your experience using 3rd party reproduction (donor eggs, donor sperm, or gestational carrier) at Washington University School of Medicine.
This was super easy. We used California Cryo Bank. We called them and asked for our donor sperm to be sent to Wash U and Wash U confirmed the order with us.

2022, Unknown Success
Surrogacy With Other Docs
[Dr. Jimenez] is available for early and late appointments to work around my work. She also takes the time to talk to me as a person about what I am going through as I am going through it. She walks me and my husband through everything every time so we feel confident as we go through the process...She used the slow meds process with the 21 days of birth control followed by about 9 days of lupron about a week of stimulation drugs and the trigger shot
[Washington University School of Medicine is] Very quick at getting back to you. Willing to answer questions. All the staff is great to work with from nursing, ultrasound, lab, doctors operating room and everyone in between. They always try to work around my work schedule so I am not missing to much work for my lab/ultrasound appointments since its 3 hours of driving for me for a 20 minute appointment and that is appreciated
How was your experience with Patricia Jimenez at Washington University School of Medicine?
She is available for early and late appointments to work around my work. She also takes the time to talk to me as a person about what I am going through as I am going through it. She walks me and my husband through everything every time so we feel confident as we go through the process.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Patricia Jimenez at Washington University School of Medicine?
To chose her if you can as your provider
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Patricia Jimenez at Washington University School of Medicine?
She has listed to all of my concerns in this difficult time, she has answered all of my questions. She has strived to make me and my spouse feel comfortable thru the entire process and every cycle answering the same questions every cycle.
Describe the protocols Patricia Jimenez used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
She used the slow meds process with the 21 days of birth control followed by about 9 days of lupron about a week of stimulation drugs and the trigger shot. Since I only have 1 ovary and don't actually have a period we wanted to do a cycle that my body could react better to. we had 2 very successful retrievals so far and are hoping for the same with the third. My body has responded well to the first 2 with minimal side effects.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kate/Crystal)
Great at answering my questions and concerns as well as getting back to me quickly.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Patricia Jimenez at Washington University School of Medicine.
My insurance covered a portion of this so I had to pay for the medications and genetic testing of embryos, freezing of embryos and husbands costs as well as copays. Unsure of total costs
Describe Patricia Jimenez's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Washington University School of Medicine.
We did genetic testing on our embryos to rule out as many issues as we could and to eliminate more stress on our future carrier with all of the meds and possible failed transfers with not so great embryos. With tested embryos there is a higher chance to split so doing a DET vs SET is not an option for us so we really never discussed it with our Dr due to the unsafe nature of it on our carrier or babies.
What specific things went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine.
Just a mix up in if appointment was a lab only appointment or lab and ultrasound appointment so I had to wait a little longer then normal.
Patricia Jimenez
2017 - 2022, Successful
Dr Omurtag is knowledgeable and compassionate. He has a great bedside manner...he was always available for questions and explained everything in great detail. He was upfront about possible out of pocket costs and wanted to make sure we were prepared. He is a very visual person and likes to draw pictures to help you understand. But he really felt more like you were talking to a friend than a doctor...He does follow ASRM guidelines very strictly so if you are someone that wants to transfer more than one at a time. This may not be the place for you...
The clinic [Washington University School of Medicine] itself does not feel very personable, it’s a clinic within a very busy medical school/hospital system so they see A LOT of patients. Hard for them to get to know anyone. They do have a lot of fellows that you may see throughout your appointments and they are very friendly...They didn’t seem to read the doctors past notes. At one point I had a hysteroscopy and was scheduled to do an IUI the following week. They didn’t call in my clomid so I had to call and ask for it and the nurse was confused because she didn’t realize I was also doing an IUI...
We had to do so many procedures and tests on top of IUI and IVF, he was always available for questions and explained everything in great detail. He was upfront about possible out of pocket costs and wanted to make sure we were prepared. He is a very visual person and likes to draw pictures to help you understand. But he really felt more like you were talking to a friend than a doctor.
I highly recommend him. He does follow ASRM guidelines very strictly so if you are someone that wants to transfer more than one at a time. This may not be the place for you
Dr Omurtag is knowledgeable and compassionate. He has a great bedside manner.
I did an HSG before starting anything. Then multiple clomid IUI cycles. Had to do a hysteroscopy with dilation due to difficulty getting the IUI catheter through my cervix. Then moved on to IVF. We did a long agonist protocol, with a fresh transfer which failed. So then did an endosee procedure. Then a frozen transfer than failed. And most recently transferred our last frozen embryo that stuck! For the frozen transfers he ordered estradiol three times a day and PIO daily.
Kathy didn’t always seem very compassionate, I don’t think she likes talking on the phone. Jessie (administrative assistant) was amazing and was always upbeat and a joy to talk to.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic itself does not feel very personable, it’s a clinic within a very busy medical school/hospital system so they see A LOT of patients. Hard for them to get to know anyone. They do have a lot of fellows that you may see throughout your appointments and they are very friendly.
IUIs were 500 without insurance. But 50 with it. A cycle with Egg retrieval and fresh transfer was 15-20k without insurance. I think I paid about 2k A frozen transfer without insurance was 4700 but with insurance was 200
They follow ASRM guidelines so they will not do an elective multiple embryo transfer unless there is a good medical reason to do so.
What specific things went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine?
They didn’t seem to read the doctors past notes. At one point I had a hysteroscopy and was scheduled to do an IUI the following week. They didn’t call in my clomid so I had to call and ask for it and the nurse was confused because she didn’t realize I was also doing an IUI. They also didn’t seem to believe me when I told them there were problems with my cervix in the past and said we would assess it after the first IUI. Thankfully my doctor took care of this pretty quickly after that first IUI.
2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
Very kind people work there [at Washington University School of Medicine]. Very flexible with scheduling. Very responsive to all our questions. All doctors, nurses, receptionists, phlebotomists, sonographers were very sweet. Doctors are the best anywhere around...Dr. Ratts was very knowledgeable, understanding, communicative, and ambitious with the treatment...She is very compassionate and cares about me.
How was your experience with Valerie Ratts at Washington University School of Medicine?
I had trouble with thin uterine lining for almost a year. Dr. Ratts was very knowledgeable, understanding, communicative, and ambitious with the treatment for that. After finally achieving a thick enough lining to schedule an FET, we became pregnant. Tragically I miscarried at about 9 weeks. Dr. Ratts called me personally on a Friday evening when she found out to offer what I could tell were her sincere condolences. I will never forget that. We are currently in our 2ww after transferring our last embryo. Regardless of the result, I believe she is an amazing doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Valerie Ratts at Washington University School of Medicine?
Never lose hope.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Valerie Ratts at Washington University School of Medicine?
She is very compassionate and cares about me.
Describe the protocols Valerie Ratts used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
Scratch test to thicken lining after trying for a year with meds. Surgery to remove scar tissue from a D&C.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Mary)
Very sweet, genuinely cared about me.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Very kind people work there. Very flexible with scheduling. Very responsive to all our questions. All doctors, nurses, receptionists, phlebotomists, sonographers were very sweet. Doctors are the best anywhere around.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Valerie Ratts at Washington University School of Medicine.
All covered by insurance
Valerie Ratts
2022, Successful
I really can’t say enough nice things about Dr.Omurtag. He is very confident and I love that about him. He gives you all of the information needed to make the best decision for yourself...Any procedure Dr.Omurtag has performed on me was so much more tolerable than previous ones I’ve had with other doctors...explains everything in detail and lets you make the decision that you feel is right for you. He is very patient and detail oriented.
I really liked this clinic [Washington University School of Medicine], they make sure you don’t wait long to be seen, they’re all so nice and compassionate. For any new patients, I would recommend asking any questions you may have. Make your expectations known...[nurse] Kathy was amazing! She was very knowledgeable and prompt. Whenever I have a question she is fast to respond. She kept me updated on all of my results and made sure I understood what to do next.
Any procedure Dr.Omurtag has performed on me was so much more tolerable than previous ones I’ve had with other doctors. Saline sonogram- Dr. Omurtag walked me through everything he made me feel comfortable. Since I’ve had this procedure before at a different clinic, I was very nervous because it was extremely painful before. However, when Dr. Omurtag did the saline sonogram it was such a different experience. The procedure was really quick and nowhere near as painful as it was the first time. Hysteroscopy- Dr. Omurtag was so informative. He walked me through everything he was doing before he did it. He was so reassuring and confident. The procedure was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. It was very bearable. IVF- Dr. Omurtag recommended a fresh embryo transfer, so that is what we did. He wanted to make sure that I didn’t get OHSS since I had around 40 follicles at baseline. Thankfully my ovaries responded well to the medication and we retrieved 20 eggs, 18 were mature and 12 fertilized. We transferred 1 4AA embryo and 7 made it to blast to be frozen. I really can’t say enough nice things about Dr.Omurtag. He is very confident and I love that about him. He gives you all of the information needed to make the best decision for yourself.
Do not compare yourself to other people. Each protocol is designed according to what each individual needs. What works for you, may not work for another person.
Dr. Omurtag explains everything in detail and lets you make the decision that you feel is right for you. He is very patient and detail oriented.
I did a fresh embryo cycle using the antogonist protocol. I have unexplained infertility,<35 and have a normal amh, Dr. Omurtag felt that would be the best option for me. I have PCOS, so Dr. Omurtag, didn’t want me to get OHSS so he kept my dosages at an appropriate level and thankfully I did not get OHSS. I had 18 mature eggs, so since I have unexplained infertility, we wanted to see if maybe there was a fertilization issue so we split the eggs. 9 were inseminated with icsi and 9 were inseminated with conventional ivf. 5 fertilized eggs resulted from icsi and 7 fertilized eggs resulted from conventional ivf. The 4AA embryo we transferred was a result of conventional ivf.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
I really liked this clinic, they make sure you don’t wait long to be seen, they’re all so nice and compassionate. For any new patients, I would recommend asking any questions you may have. Make your expectations known.
I used insurance, so I don’t have the total cost.
Dr.Omurtag and I both agreed that transferring only 1 embryo was the best choice for me.

2019 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Omurtag took his time with us and never made us feel rushed. He always answered all of our questions and put our minds at ease. He never made us feel pressured. He would lay out our options, offer his thoughts and let us ultimately make decisions. He was compassionate, understanding and was on our team in ultimately wanting us to have a baby no matter how we got there. He was always willing to even talk through things over the phone when we had questions or concerns outside of appointments.
The clinic [Washington University School of Medicine] is extremely responsive and organized. They respond to electronic messages in a timely manner. You don’t feel like a number and feel like they truly care! Our expectations were far exceeded...staff are responsive, patient and truly care. Jessie is amazing with quick response in regard to scheduling and always is reassuring when you speak with her. Kate and Kathy are wonderful nurse coordinators... so patient with answering questions and very responsive...
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Dr. Omurtag is always patient and never makes you feel like any question is a bad question or concern.
His staff are responsive, patient and truly care. Jessie is amazing with quick response in regard to scheduling and always is reassuring when you speak with her. Kate and Kathy are wonderful nurse coordinators... so patient with answering questions and very responsive. Zejna is the best of the best with drawing blood, makes it a breeze!! Lee and Jackie are so compassionate and take the extra time to walk you through meds and how to best use. This team truly cares about YOU and is the best partner I could have ever imagined for fertility treatment!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic is extremely responsive and organized. They respond to electronic messages in a timely manner. You don’t feel like a number and feel like they truly care! Our expectations were far exceeded and I’d recommend Omurtag’s team.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Omurtag’s practical and matter-of-fact approach was exactly what we needed as a dual military couple...We really only interacted with him about 4x. 2x for the consults, 1x for the egg retrieval, and the last to confirm our pregnancy at 9 weeks. I chatted with his team of nurses much more than him...My only criticism is I wish I would have known that a baseline appt could ‘fail’ (I had a cyst on one of my follicles and I wasn’t able to proceed with injectable’s). I heard from his nurse - and it would have been nice to know that that was a possibility but also to hear it from him...
I really enjoyed the nursing staff [at Washington University School of Medicine] - I knew when they were going to call and they were very direct communicators with explicit instructions via phone and MyChart...I chatted with his team of nurses much more than him [Dr. Omurtag]... The clinic’s receptionists/front desk were very kind and welcoming...Would just like to have known we had a balance of $800 for the freezing of our eggs. We were under the impression we were paid in full...
Dr. Omurtag’s practical and matter-of-fact approach was exactly what we needed as a dual military couple. My only criticism is I wish I would have known that a baseline appt could ‘fail’ (I had a cyst on one of my follicles and I wasn’t able to proceed with injectable’s). I heard from his nurse - and it would have been nice to know that that was a possibility but also to hear it from him. Other than that he gave us exactly what we needed/wanted. Vivian Grace was born 23 April fully healthy and at 40wks +1day.
Expectation management. If he’s confident you’re going to respond well know that you’ll hear from his team moreso than him. My approach to that was that more women needed his attention due to their diagnosis/protocol than we did.
I was on an antagonist protocol which seemed like the most feasible due to my high AMH and very regular periods (no PCOS/endometriosis). Was in birth control to calm everything before my baseline.
I really enjoyed the nursing staff - I knew when they were going to call and they were very direct communicators with explicit instructions via phone and MyChart
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Would just like to have known we had a balance of $800 for the freezing of our eggs. We were under the impression we were paid in full. The clinic’s receptionists/front desk were very kind and welcoming
Approximately 15K without medication.
What specific things went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine?
The first baseline did not go well and I wish I would have known that that was a possibility
2021, Successful
While he [Dr. Omurtag] was always straightforward, it was never indifferent or cold. His manner and encouragement was so appreciated during such a stressful time...He is very thorough and wants to have all the information before presenting the best options customized for you. Be prepared for a variety of tests for both you and your partner...Recalls details of previous discussions...about 6 months of trying to conceive without success, Dr Omurtag then requested my partner be evaluated and placed me on letrozole. Luckily this only required one cycle to conceive
[Washington University School of Medicine] staff were responsive, proactive, informative, and straight forward. Facility had an easy off campus location in CWE with parking so no worries about navigating through Barnes campus...Responded to messaged questions within hours and test results always same day...team walked me through home testing and lab work thereafter ever step of the way...Such a wonderful and supportive experience...
Dr Omurtag and his staff were incredible. Responded to messaged questions within hours and test results always same day. We had a few set backs and bumps along the way. While he was always straightforward, it was never indifferent or cold. His manner and encouragement was so appreciated during such a stressful time.
Recalls details of previous discussions.
Following several tests to evaluate my fertility r/t age, adjustments to my medications, and the addition of home ovulations tests, and about 6 months of trying to conceive without success, Dr Omurtag then requested my partner be evaluated and placed me on letrozole. Luckily this only required one cycle to conceive. His team walked me through home testing and lab work thereafter ever step of the way. I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks and again at 7 weeks prior to him releasing me back to my OB for care. Such a wonderful and supportive experience. Hopefully will not have to return but 10/10 recommend!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jesse)
Incredibly responsive and patient with all questions. Such an asset to the team!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
MD and staff were responsive, proactive, informative, and straight forward. Facility had an easy off campus location in CWE with parking so no worries about navigating through Barnes campus. No complaints.
The hysterosalpingogram and ultrasound were expensive and maxed out my insurance copay. The genetic testing was also out of pocket. Total spent was likely $1200.

2019 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Omurtag was so Personable every time I saw him. Talked and make me feel comfortable every time I saw him...He is so kind and compassionate! Had a wonderful experience from my first time meeting him in the office to be evaluated and explained everything in a way we could understand why we weren’t get pregnant on our own. Always told us risks and numbers of our chances.
I didn’t notice any weakness [at Washington University School of Medicine]. Everyone knew what they were doing and was on the same page...I do Wish Dr. Omurtag was able to do my transfers personally, but Dr. Keller did an amazing job and I felt at peace having her do it as well! All the lab techs that drew my blood were excellent as well!
Trust him to help you create your family. It’s not fun going through infertility but having him along side of you was the best decision we’ve made.
Egg retrieval was a long of shots and at certain times. Everyone was all on the same page and it was very easy knowing what I needed to do and when!
She was so sweet with she called me to tell me one of our transfers didn’t work. So so compassionate in that time of sadness.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
I didn’t notice any weakness. Everyone knew what they were doing and was on the same page. I wish I was Able to meet Kathy and Jessie face to face but that didn’t happen for me. I do Wish Dr. Omurtag was able to do my transfers personally, but Dr. Keller did an amazing job and I felt at peace having her do it as well! All the lab techs that drew my blood were excellent as well!
Insurance covered most of egg retrieval but transferred were out of pocket
We were only able to transfer one embryo at a time due to the quality of our embryos and my age. I trusted Dr. Omurtag in that decision.
2017 - 2021, Successful
after meeting with him [Dr. Omurtag], I knew he had my best interest at heart and that he would exhaust every avenue to help me in my journey. He and his staff are very organized, personable, caring, kind, and understanding...I always felt informed and included on all aspects of my care. It was always comforting to know that I was a priority and that there was always a plan in terms of my care...
Everyone [at Washington University School of Medicine] was supportive, encouraging, organized, understanding, and helpful. I never felt alone and was always included in communications about my care...He [Dr. Omurtag] and his staff are very organized, personable, caring, kind, and understanding...I always felt informed and included on all aspects of my care. It was always comforting to know that I was a priority and that there was always a plan in terms of my care...
I was extremely impressed with Dr. Omurtag and his staff. Prior to coming to them, I was doubtful I would ever reach my goal of having children. However, after meeting with him, I knew he had my best interest at heart and that he would exhaust every avenue to help me in my journey. He and his staff are very organized, personable, caring, kind, and understanding. Thanks to them, I have two beautiful babies.
Trust the process.
I always felt informed and included on all aspects of my care. It was always comforting to know that I was a priority and that there was always a plan in terms of my care. I was never in doubt that I was receiving the best care.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
I can only talk about the strengths. Everyone was supportive, encouraging, organized, understanding, and helpful. I never felt alone and was always included in communications about my care. I would recommend them to anyone needing fertility assistance.
2017 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Omurtag was professional, compassionate, and a doctor that we chose to return to to expand our family for a second successful treatment. After a miscarriage, Dr. Omurtag grieved with us and helped us develop next steps...Everyone at the clinic is kind and cares about your success. I always felt like a valued patient. While this was definitely a stressful time due to our anxiety of trying to conceive, the entire staff at the clinic made us feel much better about the process...
Everyone at the clinic [Washington University School of Medicine] is kind and cares about your success. I always felt like a valued patient. While this was definitely a stressful time due to our anxiety of trying to conceive, the entire staff at the clinic made us feel much better about the process...Dr. Omurtag took the time to meet with us, answer all questions, explain the process and likely outcomes, and made us feel normal...
Dr. Omurtag has helped us and several friends to conceive.
Everyone that we worked with at Wash U was professional, kind, and helpful. Although it was a bit of a longer drive for us to get downtown, each experience was wonderful from the receptionist to the doctor to the nursing staff.
St. Louis - Central West End

Dr Jaminez is clear on what is safe. She also understands our wants and needs and we come to a happy end result of how many to transfer...called to personally talk to us. She always remembered who we were, remembered our personalities, and our expectations...She is friendly, caring, professional...The 2nd IVF cycle resulted in 5 day 5 embryos. We transferred 2 fresh embryos and neither of those resulted in a pregnancy. We are currently waiting to proceed with a FET.
We transferred 2 fresh embryos [at Washington University School of Medicine] and neither of those resulted in a pregnancy. We are currently waiting to proceed with a FET...She [nurse] responds to calls and emails quickly. She goes above her job duties and even met me with some medication when there was an issue with our prescription provider so our cycle wouldn't be canceled...FET will cost right under $5,000. The office gave me a breakdown of the costs.
She is friendly, caring, professional. She listens to our needs, wants, desires. She also is clear on what the right path is, safely, for mother and potential babies. There is good communication and understanding from both patient and doctor.
You dont see Dr Jaminez at every appointment. You mostly are in contact with her nursing staff, but they are in constant contact with the dr. They are the best!
Dr Jaminez called to personally talk to us. She always remembered who we were, remembered our personalities, and our expectations.
I have done 2 long analytical cycles for IVF. The first resulted in 3 day 5 embryos. We transferred 2 fresh embryos that didnt take. We went right into a FET, that didnt take either. The 2nd IVF cycle resulted in 5 day 5 embryos. We transferred 2 fresh embryos and neither of those resulted in a pregnancy. We are currently waiting to proceed with a FET.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Denice)
Denice is AMAZING!!!! She responds to calls and emails quickly. She goes above her job duties and even met me with some medication when there was an issue with our prescription provider so our cycle wouldn't be canceled. She's the BEST!!!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic is great. They have a team of doctors that meet every Tuesday afternoon to discuss the weeks cases and review any upcoming cycles. I honestly cant think of any weakness. They are all so friendly and caring.
I had great insurance for my first 2 retrievals and transfers, so our costs were minimal compared to others. Right now I have new insurance and am fighting to get treatment approved. If it is not, a FET will cost right under $5,000. The office gave me a breakdown of the costs.
Patricia Jimenez
St. Louis - Missouri Baptist Med Center

be assured that if it doesn't work the first time, Dr Omurtag will review and adjust to try again...my first cycle was a short protocol, with 9 days of stim medications of Gonal-f, Menopur, and cetrotide. we retrieved 9 eggs, but most of them were not mature. the 2nd cycle we changed to a long agonist protocol with lupron, Gonal-F, and Menopur. we retrieved 17 eggs, 15 were mature...our 1st cycle we transferred 2, because of the low quality and low numbers we retrieved. the 2nd time, because we had so many embryos, we only transferred 1
everyone was always on the same page for my care [at Washington University School of Medicine], and where is was in my treatment, as well as having full knowledge of any information given or questions asked. i never had to repeat myself, or remind anyone on the team where i was with treatment, or what had been talked about previously...most of my monitoring was done at a secondary location, but all appointments were quick, in and out.
with this clinic, its a group effort, so while i may not have seen my direct doctor, i was always aware of who would be handling each procedure. i was introduced to each doctor, and everything was explained in detail, with a chance to ask questions and confirm understanding. i never waited for a doctor to show up.
be assured that if it doesn't work the first time, Dr Omurtag will review and adjust to try again with success .
my first name was used at all times, without referring to paperwork to ensure it was correct. i was given a voice in all transactions, and decisions were made with me, not for me.
everyone was always on the same page for my care, and where is was in my treatment, as well as having full knowledge of any information given or questions asked. i never had to repeat myself, or remind anyone on the team where i was with treatment, or what had been talked about previously
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
the clinic is highly organized, and efficient. the only downside for me personally was that they were over 200 miles away from where i live. a lot of communication had to be done by phone, text or patientchart. there was never a lack of communication, even with that being true.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Washington University School of Medicine.
most of my costs were covered by insurance, but it was hard to nail down an exact number, or cost for anything. i contacted billing several times without an answer. if i were paying out of pocket, this would have been very concerning.

2020, Unknown Success
Cancer
Embryo Freezing With Other Docs (cancer)
Dr. Omurtag spent over an hour on Zoom with me explaining all the details of the fertility medications, retrieval process, etc. he was very well-informed and constantly asked if we had any questions. He also drew out pictures to make things very clear. He set me up with his nurse who has been in constant contact with me since...helped facilitate my treatment with another doctor due to Covid-19. He wanted the best care for me and allowed me to do ultrasounds and bloodwork in my hometown, rather than drive 2 hours to his clinic. He reassured me that I was getting great care and answered all my questions clearly.
The cost of one egg retrieval [at Washington University School of Medicine] and making them into embryos is approximately $8,000. They have suggested I do two cycles because after my cancer treatment, I may not be able to conceive naturally. Storing the frozen embryos is approximately $450 a year...Everyone is very organized and kind. The clinic has excellent communication skills and all questions are clearly answered. They make you feel like you belong and aren’t just another patient at the clinic. They care about you.
Dr. Omurtag helped facilitate my treatment with another doctor due to Covid-19. He wanted the best care for me and allowed me to do ultrasounds and bloodwork in my hometown, rather than drive 2 hours to his clinic. He reassured me that I was getting great care and answered all my questions clearly.
He is very informative and friendly. He makes sure you understand everything and doesn’t move on if you have questions.
I am on an antagonist cycle. I’m doing 3 injectable medications daily. I get ultrasounds and bloodwork done approximately every other day. He updated my online profile very quickly so I know the results of my lab tests.
Mary has called me nearly every day with updates, advice, or just to check in. She’s been absolutely amazing and has answered any and all questions that I have. She is readily available at all times. She got me set up with several programs so my medications would be cheaper. She is in contact with the fertility doctors in my hometown so I have appointments when necessary and get results quickly. I’d be lost without Mary!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The cost of one egg retrieval and making them into embryos is approximately $8,000. They have suggested I do two cycles because after my cancer treatment, I may not be able to conceive naturally. Storing the frozen embryos is approximately $450 a year. Medications not covered by grants were approximately $600.
St. Louis - Missouri Baptist Med Center
I called on a Friday with worries that my scaring might be returning (Friday’s are Dr.Odem’s surgeries) he called me at 6:30 on a Friday night to talk me through my worries and complaints and helped me find a doctor closer to home. Dr. Odem said I’d only need one surgery for Ashermans (most women need multiple!) and he was right! I only wish I lived closer I would have continued to see Dr. Odem...Dr. Odem LISTENS and tries to answer every one of your questions. He takes time and is not in a rush to see the next patient- you feel like he’s on your side and a friend. He ALWAYS called me back the same day with any questions or worries I had. I only wish I lived closer.
Nursing staff [at Washington University School of Medicine] was also amazing, caring, and listened...The staff and clinic as a whole are amazing. Everyone took their time to explain procedures and protocol to me. I didn’t feel like cattle being moved from one room to another. My case was a bit different than others- but I wasn’t treated any differently. I know I called many times (I’m sure I was annoying) but this staff worked with me. They helped ensure my procedure was covered by insurance!!
How was your experience with Randall Odem (retired) at Washington University School of Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Randall Odem (retired) at Washington University School of Medicine?
Be prepared to have a doctor who treats you more like a friend than just another number.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Randall Odem (retired) at Washington University School of Medicine?
Dr. Odem listened to my complaints, worries, questions- everything. After seeing three doctors, I finally saw a doctor who LISTENED and cared and put my worries at ease! He is so caring. I called on a Friday with worries that my scaring might be returning (Friday’s are Dr.Odem’s surgeries) he called me at 6:30 on a Friday night to talk me through my worries and complaints and helped me find a doctor closer to home. Dr. Odem said I’d only need one surgery for Ashermans (most women need multiple!) and he was right! I only wish I lived closer I would have continued to see Dr. Odem. Seriously- cannot day enough how amazing this man is!
Describe the protocols Randall Odem (retired) used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
My situation was a bit different. I went to Dr. Odem only for Ashermans Syndrome. He worked around my schedule as I lived far away. He scheduled my surgery as soon as he could and helped arrange for care closer to home after the surgery.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Washington University School of Medicine.
Nursing staff was also amazing, caring, and listened.
Randall Odem (retired)
St. Louis - Central West End
[Dr. Omurtag] suggested which is best considering my age SET. I JUST FOLLOWED HIM.But also told if you want 2 we can do that but explained pros and cons...He is very free and always encourages me or my husband to ask questions so that we can learn...I am with him for my first IVF Cycle which was successful and was on some birth control pills for 3 weeks and after that on lupron and in my menstrual cycle after start of lupron for 4 days. Then started follistim and couple days later on Menopur
[the Washington U nurse team are] always very quick and detail in answering your question. I bother them for every small doubts and now I feel some are very silly. but they never lost their patience...total cost including my pre screening tests and consultation is $ 17,500 out of this 15,900 is for IVF...they are pretty good with the time/schedule. Some times if the flow is more they need extra person to check in but that's nothing
He is incredible and amazing and no words to describe how good he is. I wish I would have known him 5 years before but after I met him I was only very short term with him less than 3 months. He is the best. I was confident with the first 2 visits itself the way he rule in and out the pros and cons. The best of him is he encourages to ask questions and so that we can feel free to express our doubts/questions.
just trust him and follow what ever he say regarding your treatment because he is the expert.
i am blessed to find this doctor and felt like my close family when ever talking to him. He is very free and always encourages me or my husband to ask questions so that we can learn. It was the most comfortable journey and very short and is only 4 months total but i postponed one month after my first visit due to my travel to India and he did not even rush. Everything was well planned.
I am not sure but I think it is agonist protocol. I am with him for my first IVF Cycle which was successful and was on some birth control pills for 3 weeks and after that on lupron and in my menstrual cycle after start of lupron for 4 days. Then started follistim and couple days later on Menopur and on those injections for 11-12 days and ovidrel trigger shot 36 hrs before egg retrieval. and all the injections are done and was methyl prednisolone for 2 -3 days and on progesterone from egg retrieval day. Embryo transfer was on 5 th day after egg retrieval and blood test for B HCG WAS ON 14 TH DAY. I heard the news from the nurse that BFP. That was the best day in my life. I GIVE 100% CREDIT AND WILL NEVER FORGET Omurtag in my life. WHEN EVER I SEE MY BABY I HAVE THAT KINDNESS TOWARDS HIM.
How competent was Kenan Omurtag at LGBTQ care?
n/a but i can confidently say he is wonderful
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Denice and so many others)
Nurse Denice and Omurtag assistant Jessie and every person is wonderful. Denice is always very quick and detail in answering your question. I bother them for every small doubts and now I feel some are very silly. but they never lost their patience.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
they are pretty good with the time/schedule. Some times if the flow is more they need extra person to check in but that's nothing. it happens because they are providing good care and obviously there are more people coming for this. Demand is always great.
total cost including my pre screening tests and consultation is $ 17,500 out of this 15,900 is for IVF. THE REST 1600 IS MY consultation and ultrasoung and blood work prior to start of IVF. MEDICINES COST is $3700
He suggested which is best considering my age SET. I JUST FOLLOWED HIM.But also told if you want 2 we can do that but explained pros and cons.
How competent was Washington University School of Medicine at LGBTQ care?
St. Louis - Central West End

Dr. Omurtag was gentle, kind, patient, able to explain things in detail so that I felt like I understand the process, not pushy, open to questions, and really seemed like he genuinely loved his job...He used facts and data to rationalize the options he presented while being supportive as we decided on what would be best for us.
[Washington U School of Medicine is] Professional, clean, efficient, friendly, easy to navigate. The clinic has an easy to navigate and informative website. They provide information in multiple formats for maximum effectiveness of communication...The approach was to present all the information and options in a way that didn't feel like it was pressuring us to make one decision or another. He used facts and data to rationalize the options he presented while being supportive as we decided on what would be best for us.
Dr. Omurtag is an amazing doctor at an amazing clinic. He is a true partner with his patients as he goes through the process with you. I found no weaknesses or points of frustration in Dr. Omurtag's ability or bedside manner.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and let him know if you need something rephrased or elaborated on because he is happy to do so.
The protocol used was long agonist IVF after IUI and fertility pills did not work due to my diagnosis of Unknown Ovulation Disorder. He even connected me with a pelvic therapist to help a secondary issue I didn't even know I had until meeting with him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jessie,Mary,Sandra, Cynthia, Marilyn, Kathy, Crystal, Denice)
Professional, kind, warm, supportive, understanding, patient, prompt with communication, helpful
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Little to none due to the treatment being covered under insurance
2018 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Omurtag has incredible bedside manner. He is caring and sensitive and personable...He was professional, yet extremely personal and supportive. I felt completely at ease in his care. I tested positive for COVID during our first attempted IVF cycle (had just started stimulation). We had to cancel the cycle, and [he] and his entire team was supportive and caring.
I have discussed [Washington U School of Midicine] strength's throughout. I cannot point out any weaknesses. Excellent staff - from the front desk to coordinators to doctors and nurses to surgical staff. All are welcoming and caring. I never thought I would say this, but I will miss going to this office for the time being...All wonderful. Kept in constant communication with me. Were quick to respond to any questions or concerns I had.
The best doctor I've ever had. I do not have one negative thing to say about him. He was professional, yet extremely personal and supportive. I felt completely at ease in his care. I tested positive for COVID during our first attempted IVF cycle (had just started stimulation). We had to cancel the cycle, and Dr. Omurtag and his entire team was supportive and caring.
Don't worry; he's got you.
3 cycles Clomid only (per my request), all unsuccessful. 3 cycles IUI with Clomid, all unsuccessful. 1 interrupted cycle IVF due to my COVID diagnosis. 1 long-agonist IVF cycle (oral BC, lupron, follistim, menopur, trigger, and progesterone) with 19 follicles detected on US, 12 eggs retrieved, half ICSI and half non-ICSI, 6 eggs fertilized, 3 excellent quality embryos, single embryo transfer with positive singleton pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kathy Shelton RN and Jessie Rieger)
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
I have discussed strength's throughout. I cannot point out any weaknesses. Excellent staff - from the front desk to coordinators to doctors and nurses to surgical staff. All are welcoming and caring. I never thought I would say this, but I will miss going to this office for the time being.
I prefer not to say. I have a fertility benefit through my insurance that covered over half of our expenses.
St. Louis - Central West End

During our initial consultation with Dr. Omurtag, he spent a lot of time with us going over every detail. He never seemed rushed and answered all of our questions. While he provided treatment recommendations, he allowed us to come up with a plan that worked for our family...He always responded promptly to messages through My Chart..
They [Washington University School of Medicine nurses] were very organized and provided clear instructions every step of the way. They always responded promptly to phone messages and messages through My Chart...Everything needed was in the same location and easily accessible...He never seemed rushed and answered all of our questions. While he provided treatment recommendations, he allowed us to come up with a plan that worked for our family.
Doctor Omurtag was kind, patient, compassionate and incredibly knowledgeable. He allowed us to come up with a fertility plan that worked for us. He explained every step of the process in detail and answered any question we had. He always responded promptly to messages through My Chart.
Go see him!
Three rounds of Clomid with timed intercourse.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kathy and Jessie)
Kathy and Jessie were incredibly kind, compassionate and helpful. They were very organized and provided clear instructions every step of the way. They always responded promptly to phone messages and messages through My Chart.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Everything needed was in the same location and easily accessible. XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxccccccccccccccffffffffffffffFfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffBbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb Ghggggggghhhhhhhhggggggggggggggggggg
I don’t believe I had to pay out of pocket for anything other than copays.

2018 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Omertag spent a ton of time with my husband and I answering any and every question we had. He called personally after each failed transfer with a game plan and made us feel he really cared about our outcome. He set realistic expectations for us, and didn’t let us give up hope...Because of the previous failed single transfers and my age we decided on multiple transfer for the most recent.
[the Washington University nurses were] both were extremely kind and very attuned to the mental toll fertility treatments can take on someone...IUIs were ~$500 each I believe we were quoted ~$16,000 for IVF including ICSI...he front desk staff are knowledgeable about billing issues and all lab technicians I worked with were wonderful...Rarely did I wait past my appointment time
Dr. Omertag is an excellent physician. I didn’t have any hesitation with any of his recommendations. He thoroughly explained each step and kept us moving forward. He is compassionate towards his patients and you can tell he truly cares about your outcome. Fertility treatments can be daunting and emotionally draining and he checked in regularly to see how my husband and I were doing through the process mentally.
Ask questions. He’s great at explaining and answering.
Dr. Omertag spent a ton of time with my husband and I answering any and every question we had. He called personally after each failed transfer with a game plan and made us feel he really cared about our outcome. He set realistic expectations for us, and didn’t let us give up hope. His staff are wonderful as well and also answered the barrage of questions that inevitably came up through each cycle.
We used 2 different protocols for the 2 egg retrievals and fertilized using ICSI with each. Both cycles produced similar amount and quality of eggs and subsequently embryos. We used ICSI due to poor sperm morphology and motility.
Kathy and Jessie were amazing to work with. I had tons of questions and both were so helpful. They both were extremely kind and very attuned to the mental toll fertility treatments can take on someone.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic is run efficiently. Rarely did I wait past my appointment time. I felt very safe in the clinic during the peak of COVID with all precautions they had set in place. The front desk staff are knowledgeable about billing issues and all lab technicians I worked with were wonderful.
IUIs were ~$500 each I believe we were quoted ~$16,000 for IVF including ICSI. We did have some insurance coverage with both retrieval’s. Embryo transfer with no coverage was ~$3,400
We did 2 single frozen embryo transfers and one multiple (2) fresh transfer. Our fresh transfer resulted in a single live birth. Because of the previous failed single transfers and my age we decided on multiple transfer for the most recent.
St. Louis - Central West End
Any questions I ever had, no matter how small, [our Washington U School of Medicine] responded quickly and was always very helpful...The clinic’s usual protocol was to do a single embryo transfer if you were under 35 and had no other failed ivf attempts...I never had to wait for my appointments, they were always on time and greeted you like you were family. From the bloodwork appointments, to ultrasounds, to the retrieval and transfer, I have no complaints
Dr. Omurtag is the best! He understood how extensive my endometriosis is and didn’t waste any time getting me started with treatments. We went straight into ivf to work towards the best possible outcome as quickly as possible. I never felt in the dark about anything along the way, he was very informative. Can’t recommend or thank him enough!
To absolutely go to him. I’m very lucky my surgeon referred me to him and this clinic.
He cheered me along every step of the way and made me feel like he really cared about our outcome and wanted to do everything possible to make it happen for us.
I started out on birth control. Then started on lupron, menopur and gonal F. I responded very well to the meds and they were able to retrieve 16 eggs. I’m now on progesterone in oil.
My nurse Kathy was amazing! Any questions I ever had, no matter how small, she responded quickly and was always very helpful. She has a great way of assuring you you’re doing everything right. As far as the rest of the nursing staff that did the ultrasounds and bloodwork, they were also amazing. Literally the best.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Was very happy with this clinic. Very efficient. I never had to wait for my appointments, they were always on time and greeted you like you were family. From the bloodwork appointments, to ultrasounds, to the retrieval and transfer, I have no complaints. I’m very happy we were referred to this clinic.
The clinic’s usual protocol was to do a single embryo transfer if you were under 35 and had no other failed ivf attempts, I believe. I was completely fine with this protocol.
2018 - 2020, Successful
IVF was scary for me AND my husband, but dr omurtag was so transparent and helped us along every step of the way. I feel like he was always available for questions, appointments, and even just to update him...We did ICSI because it was recommended, and I am currently 15 weeks pregnant...He was SO down to earth, I was terrified that I’d never get pregnant and he was so good about talking through everything and making sure my husband and I were very aware of all of the steps involved.
Everyone was very organized [at Washington University School of Medicine], even through COVID precautions. Everyone always answered all of our questions and was very kind and compassionate! I am so glad I chose this clinic, especially during such a weird time in our world...She kept me up to date with all of the details, constantly sending me messages through MyChart and responding to my questions in a very timely manner. She [the nurse] listened to me when I was confused or worried, and always answered everything with lots of details. She was one of the first people I sent my ultrasound picture and was very exciting for us!
I have a pituitary cyst, which causes me to have to force ovulation. I don’t menstruate regularly, so I have to take drugs in order to bleed. I was nervous about starting IVF because my ovaries responded too much to the IUI and never got to the transfer. IVF was scary for me AND my husband, but dr omurtag was so transparent and helped us along every step of the way. I feel like he was always available for questions, appointments, and even just to update him.
Don’t give up!
We tried IUI a couple years ago. I went in for baseline ultrasound and lab work, then started injections. My injections were nightly, followed by more ultrasounds and lab work every few days. It got very stressful and then I got the phone call that my ovaries weren’t responding the way they expected, so I’d have to cancel and try IVF. Then COVID happened. Finally in February 2021, we forced a period, and started IVF! More testing, ultrasounds and labs, injections, and countless appointments. I went through with a day5 embryo transfer and froze five more. We did ICSI because it was recommended, and I am currently 15 weeks pregnant!
She kept me up to date with all of the details, constantly sending me messages through MyChart and responding to my questions in a very timely manner. She listened to me when I was confused or worried, and always answered everything with lots of details. She was one of the first people I sent my ultrasound picture and was very exciting for us!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Everyone was very organized, even through COVID precautions. Everyone always answered all of our questions and was very kind and compassionate! I am so glad I chose this clinic, especially during such a weird time in our world
I am glad we only transferred one embryo, dr omurtag told us it would be more successful and safer since twins run in both of our families!
2020, Consult
Dr. Omurtag was very knowledgeable about the process and straight forward about the complications that could arise and the cost associated with it. Overall it was a great experience...I was treated with respect and with kindness...No one "wants" to have to go thru fertility treatments, but if you are in the situation, you are in good hands with Dr. Omurtag. Ask a lot of questions because he has all the answers and explains it in a very easy way to understand.
It took a few months to get an appointment (virtually) [at Washington University School of Medicine], but it was worth the wait. Once we had the appointment, bloodwork and an ultrasound were scheduled within days and everything moved rather quickly. We were comfortable speaking to the nurses and staff and everyone seemed knowledgeable and friendly.
We had a virtual visit and didn't know what to expect, but it ended up being very informative and helpful. Dr. Omurtag was very knowledgeable about the process and straight forward about the complications that could arise and the cost associated with it. Overall it was a great experience.
I was treated with respect and with kindness.
We did not end up doing fertility treatment because we ended up testing negative for a genetic concern we had.
The nurses were all friendly and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
It took a few months to get an appointment (virtually), but it was worth the wait. Once we had the appointment, bloodwork and an ultrasound were scheduled within days and everything moved rather quickly. We were comfortable speaking to the nurses and staff and everyone seemed knowledgeable and friendly.
The cost would be very high had we gone thru IVF due to the nature of what we trying to do (testing for a genetic mutation in an embryo).
St. Louis - Central West End

Dr. Omurtag was absolutely amazing & I would highly recommend him to anyone going through infertility. We couldn’t have asked for a better fertility doctor-from the very first consultation up until our follow-up appointment and everything in between. He wanted to get to know us as people, and it is so evident that he truly cares about his patients.
Single embryo transfer is what they recommended, and seem to recommend to most younger patients...She [Washington University nurse] never made me feel like I was driving her crazy with all my questions, or that any questions was a dumb question. She was always very thorough with instructions when I was going through my stimulation medicines and her communicating with me was absolutely amazing!
Go to Dr. Omurtag with no hesitations! :)
To Dr. Omurtag, I didn’t feel like a normal patient. He wanted to get to know us as people, not just patients of his.
We had male factor infertility. My husband had a TESE procedure done then I was put on STIM meds, we had our egg retrieval then our 5-day fresh transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kathy Shelton )
We absolutely loved our fertility nurse. She never made me feel like I was driving her crazy with all my questions, or that any questions was a dumb question. She was always very thorough with instructions when I was going through my stimulation medicines and her communicating with me was absolutely amazing!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
WashU Fertility Clinic is the best in the area. You won’t find a better clinic to assist with infertility issues. They all show so much love and compassion for their patients. From the ladies in the front office, ultrasound techs, the ladies in the lab, our surgical team, to the fertility doctors..all amazing!!
IVF is costly but WashU provided fertility financing options. We were made aware of the costs upfront so there were no hidden fees or surprises.