4444 Forest Park Avenue
3023 N. Ballas Road
St. Louis, MO 63131
314-286-2400

2014, Successful
I fully credit Dr Omurtag for our twin sons. After failed IUIs he gave us so much hope. He was attentive and always available to us. He was thorough and extremely thoughtful during a very stressful time. During the IVF process I couldnt have felt more comfortable or cared for than with Dr Omurtag & the Wash U staff. When we found out our sons were monodi (identical) he completely explained all that entailed and guided us in choosing a MFM. When our sons were born early due to TTTS he called us to check on them and then again after they were released from the NICU. I recommend him with confidence. He was a wonderful doctor.
How was your experience with Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine?
Trust him. He knows his stuff!!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine?
He was personally invested in our family. He was caring and kind. He felt like a friend though he was always extremely professional.
Describe the protocols Kenan Omurtag used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
1 cancelled IVF cycle & 1 successful cycle. We had malev
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kelly ??)
Excellent care!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
No complaints. The clinic was great.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine.
Describe Kenan Omurtag's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Washington University School of Medicine.
He suggested that we do one, but we elected to do two. Now that I went through a very high risk twin pregnancy I fully understand his concern.
Kenan Omurtag

2011 - 2013, Successful
Dr. Cooper is such an amazing Dr. She truly cares for her patients. You might have to wait a little bit at your appointment but it's only because she is taking her time with her patients just as she does with you. She didnt ever tell me I was crazy or emotional or anything else when I would have anxiety about what was going on at that point, she understood how much it meant to us to have a family.... Anytime I called with a question, I got to speak with her
Wash U was a fine clinic. It was very clean and most of the staff friendly. They also had a program called ARC there that you could participate in to help reduce the cost of treatment. We were able to finance our IVF and have 1 Fresh and 1 Frozen cycle if we did not have a baby the first go round with the fresh cycle for the same price as 1 fresh cycle without the program.... It was around $10,000 with the ARC program for 1 fresh and 1 frozen cycle. Medication was between $5,000-$6,000 for both cycles
How was your experience with Amber Cooper at Washington University School of Medicine?
Dr. Cooper is such an amazing Dr. She truly cares for her patients. You might have to wait a little bit at your appointment but it's only because she is taking her time with her patients just as she does with you. She didnt ever tell me I was crazy or emotional or anything else when I would have anxiety about what was going on at that point, she understood how much it meant to us to have a family. She would be the one that called me to give me test results.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Amber Cooper at Washington University School of Medicine?
Hang in there, you've got the best Dr taking care of you. She is going to try her hardest and do her very best for you, like she does with all of her patients!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Amber Cooper at Washington University School of Medicine?
She took her time with us at each appointment and really cared about what we were going through. She was determined that we were going to have a baby but also up front with the reality of the situation. Anytime I called with a question, I got to speak with her and she would calm me and talk me through whatever anxiety in was having at that point. She was truly a blessing!
Describe the protocols Amber Cooper used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
It's been almost 6 years since my treatment, I don't really remember the specifics. I just know that IVF was our best option.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Andrea)
Andrea was Dr. Cooper's nurse and she was just as amazing as Dr. Cooper. They worked well together and Andrea was always pleasant to speak with. She was very knowledgeable and caring!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Wash U was a fine clinic. It was very clean and most of the staff friendly. They also had a program called ARC there that you could participate in to help reduce the cost of treatment. We were able to finance our IVF and have 1 Fresh and 1 Frozen cycle if we did not have a baby the first go round with the fresh cycle for the same price as 1 fresh cycle without the program. This was a great asset as our insurance did not cover fertility treatments. She is no longer at this clinic anymore though, she has moved on and opened up her own practice.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Amber Cooper at Washington University School of Medicine.
Amber Cooper
2011 - 2012, Unsuccessful
Dr. Rattes understood we had no insurance coverage and tried to do what was best for us within our financial means. She was very open and honest. She was not afraid to tell me my best option would be IVF and stop wasting my money on IUI's. She always gave me multiple options in the beginning and listed all the pros and cons of each option.... She was very kind and compassionate. She truly wanted to help us.
The nursing staff [at Washington University School of Medicine] was very pleasant and discrete when treating me. They understand that the situation is very personal and also upsetting to the patient.... The clinic is very up front with the cost of the procedures. They were willing to work with me on how to pay for my treatments. They facility was clean and had easy parking.
How was your experience with Valerie Ratts at Washington University School of Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Valerie Ratts at Washington University School of Medicine?
Definitely give her a try!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Valerie Ratts at Washington University School of Medicine?
She was very kind and compassionate. She truly wanted to help us.
Describe the protocols Valerie Ratts used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
Dr. Rattes started me with Clomid. She then prepared me for IUI. After it failed she recommended IVF.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Washington University School of Medicine.
The nursing staff was very pleasant and discrete when treating me. They understand that the situation is very personal and also upsetting to the patient.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Valerie Ratts at Washington University School of Medicine.
I did not have any insurance coverage for infertility so the cost were very high.
Valerie Ratts
St. Louis - Central West End

The tone in the way that the staff [at Washington University in St. Louis Fertility] and Dr. Keller talked to me showed that they had true compassion....Dr. Keller successfully got me pregnant and was a compassionate Doctor. Her nursing staff was also great!
How was your experience with Sarah Keller at Washington University School of Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sarah Keller at Washington University School of Medicine?
Utilize the patient portal, that is the fastest way to get a response
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sarah Keller at Washington University School of Medicine?
The tone in the way that the staff and dr. Keller talked to me showed that they had true compassion.
Sarah Keller