4444 Forest Park Avenue
3023 N. Ballas Road
St. Louis, MO 63131
314-286-2400

2013 - 2017, Unknown Success
Dr Cooper is the most compassionate and empathetic physician I have ever had. Her knowledge and expertise on infertility related disease states are well shown through the research and studies she partakes in within the reproductive/endocrinology field. She treats each patient like a person and not as a statistic that will increase/decrease her facilities success rates. She never rushes you and thoroughly answers all questions during all phone and in person interactions.
I love the feel of this clinic [Centers for Reproductive Medicine and Wellness], it is very small and you get to know all the staff very well. All the staff do an excellent job at their positions. Since it is a new facility, I have had issues with billing, but have never been pressured to pay anything before seen or a next appointment. The hold up was just due to the Doctor getting credentialed with each insurance company taking some time.
How was your experience with Amber Cooper at Washington University School of Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Amber Cooper at Washington University School of Medicine?
Make an in person consultation ASAP to see for yourself what a wonderful physician she is. You will leave feeling loved, cared about, and that your best interest is her number one priority.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Amber Cooper at Washington University School of Medicine?
She made me feel like she truest wanted the best outcomes for me and despite my hormone levels was still willing to work with me if treatment is what I wanted to persue
Describe the protocols Amber Cooper used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
After being diagnosed with premature ovarian insiffiency, I wanted to know that I tried everything I could before opting for donor eggs. I tried high doses of gonadotropins such as follistim and menopur, but still did not produce follicles of sufficient size to proceed to a trigger and a retrieval. I tried this 2 different times, both times with the same results. I am currently in the process of persueing donor eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Andrea Brantley )
Andrea was great in communicating with me the plan Dr. Copper wanted me to take or to provide me lab/ultrasound results. She was just as compassionate and empathetic as Dr. Cooper.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
I love the feel of this clinic, it is very small and you get to know all the staff very well. All the staff do an excellent job at their positions. Since it is a new facility, I have had issues with billing, but have never been pressured to pay anything before seen or a next appointment. The hold up was just due to the Doctor getting credentialed with each insurance company taking some time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Amber Cooper at Washington University School of Medicine.
After my deductible is met, insurance picks up a majority of my visit cost. Prior to my deductible being met, a consultation was around $250, all of which was being applied to my deductible.
St. Louis - Central West End

Each time I met with her, she [Dr. Emily Junheim] talked with me and explained things very thoroughly. She did not stare at my file or computer but came prepared to our appointments knowing exactly what was going on.... We started with ultrasounds, HSG, and blood work. After that it was determined I wasn't ovulating consistently. (I had also previously had surgery to remove cyst, ovary, and Fallopian tube. I had also previously been diagnosed with endometriosis). We did 3 rounds of Letrozole and IUI. All 3 resulted in negative pregnancy tests. We are now in the process of beginning IVF.
Everyone that I have encountered has been very kind, friendly, and helpful [at Washington University School of Medicine]. Be prepared to see different faces if you go in different days and times and know you will not always see your doctor for procedures. Regardless, everyone has been great and good to work with.... You may not see Dr. Jungheim for the procedures but they want to do things on each patient's time table and not the doctor's.
How was your experience with Emily Jungheim at Washington University School of Medicine?
Again, I appreciate the time she took to explain treatments to me. She came to the appointments prepared. I also appreciated that she called me after my 3rd IUI (I wasn't even home yet) to touch base.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Emily Jungheim at Washington University School of Medicine?
I would tell them to recognize that this is a practice and not a single doctor clinic. You may not see Dr. Jungheim for the procedures but they want to do things on each patient's time table and not the doctor's.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Emily Jungheim at Washington University School of Medicine?
Each time I met with her, she talked with me and explained things very thoroughly. She did not stare at my file or computer but came prepared to our appointments knowing exactly what was going on.
Describe the protocols Emily Jungheim used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nikki)
I have just started communicating with her more with our upcoming IVF. She called and explained the entire process to me again, let me know what we needed to be done before we could begin, and gave suggestions on what could be helpful. They are very quick to return phone calls after I leave messages.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Everyone that I have encountered has been very kind, friendly, and helpful. Be prepared to see different faces if you go in different days and times and know you will not always see your doctor for procedures. Regardless, everyone has been great and good to work with.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Emily Jungheim at Washington University School of Medicine.
IUIs have ran around $500. The IVF quote including medicine is roughly $14,000
St. Louis - Central West End

Dr. Omurtag is very kind, knowledgable, and patient...We also felt that he was very comfortable and competant in working with the LGBT community.He is very nice and makes you feel at ease. He explains things in an understandable way. My only word of caution would be that WashU does see a lot of patients and the majority of your interactions will not be with Dr. Omurtag.... He also tried to make us feel hopeful, and we could tell that he wanted us to be successful.
WashU sees a lot of patients, and the service is not very personal. We have not been treated poorly, but we also have not been treated exceptionally well by the staff...The nursing staff is competant and efficient. However, I cannot say that they show much compassion or attempt to get to know you personally. This is probably due to the volume of patients they see...IUIs were $385, and ultrasounds were $345. IVF is going to be approximately $11,500 (before meds).
How was your experience with Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine?
Dr. Omurtag is very kind, knowledgable, and patient. We left our consultation with him feeling like our questions were answered. He also tried to make us feel hopeful, and we could tell that he wanted us to be successful. We also felt that he was very comfortable and competant in working with the LGBT community.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine?
I would have no reservations referring someone to Dr. Omurtag. He is very nice and makes you feel at ease. He explains things in an understandable way. My only word of caution would be that WashU does see a lot of patients and the majority of your interactions will not be with Dr. Omurtag.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine?
WashU sees a lot of patients, and the service is not very personal. We have not been treated poorly, but we also have not been treated exceptionally well by the staff. Dr. Omertag is very kind and personal, but we only saw him for consultations.
Describe the protocols Kenan Omurtag used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
I did 3 IUIs, two with Clomid and one natural. I did day 12 ultrasounds to monitor follicles for the second and third cycles. For one cycle it was determined that the clomid diminished my lining so I was given estradoil and a trigger shot. IUI's were typically done the day after the positive LH surge. They were done by the nurse.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The obvious strength of WashU is that they have the highest success rates in the area. The doctors are experts at one of the most highly ranked medical centers in the country. Dr. Omrutag is very personable and patient as well. The weakness is that the staff is not very personal.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine.
Describe Kenan Omurtag's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Washington University School of Medicine.
We are just beginning the IVF process, but during our IVF consultation he informed us that they recommend transfering only one embryo.
St. Louis - Central West End
Dr. Omurtag was very patient and kind, very understanding. He does the initial consult, but works with a team of doctors to decide treatments. He was very responsive when there was a problem. He didn't seem to have a sense of urgency with the situation, and did not suggest any supplements or outside procedures that have shown to maybe contribute to success, just the basic medical IVF treatment.... No change after the 1st failed cycle except increase dosages of gonal F and menopure. No planned change after 2nd failed cycle.
The clinic [Washington University] was very efficiently run and the staff and drs. were always great at answering questions and explaining. The clinic does not provide or cordinate outside support, or seem to act woth urgency... The care cordinator and staff were always compassionate and helpful. The care coordinator was generally very responsive especially in the case of emergencies.... Monitoring is done in the very early morning and usually can be accomplished within 10 to 30 min, depending on if you are having bloodwork or a scan as well.
Definitely do your own research into any supplemental treatments, vitamins, etc. that might provide some benefit. This clinic is much more of a hospital setting than some other clinics.
The staff and Dr. Omurtag were very kind and supportive. Dr. Omurtag always had time for questions and concerns. My only complaint was that they seemed to think we could do as many cycles as it took, there was no sense of urgency.
Long agonist protocol, a month of birth control, 2 weeks of lupron treatment before the stimulation phase began. Wgg retrieval is very much in a hospital surgical room setting. No change after the 1st failed cycle except increase dosages of gonal F and menopure. No planned change after 2nd failed cycle.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic was very efficiently run and the staff and drs. were always great at answering questions and explaining. The clinic does not provide or cordinate outside support, or seem to act woth urgency (we will just keep doing cycles till it takes...)
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Washington University School of Medicine.
Monitoring is done in the very early morning and usually can be accomplished within 10 to 30 min, depending on if you are having bloodwork or a scan as well. It is very efficent but they do not make you feel like it is an assembly at all.
A long agonist cycle with transfer and medication cost about 15,000$. ICSI was around another 1000$.
Dr. Omurtag was fine with transfering 2 untested embryos and after age 35 and previously failed cycles would transfer 3 untested embryos.
St. Louis - Central West End
Dr. Keller was very kind and compassionate while still being honest about our chances. We have unexplained infertility which is very frustrating and she did her best to balance between looking for answers to why we couldn’t get pregnant and getting pregnant itself. She let us decide how long we would spend doing diagnostics because she knew we didn’t want to wait too much longer to try to get pregnant. She spent as long as we needed during consultations to ensure we got all of our questions answered. She seemed genuinely thrilled for us when our embryo transfer was successful.
it is important to note thatWash U does rotation scheduling for procedures so you won’t necessarily see your doctor for IUIs, retrieval’s, transfers, etc. though I didn’t always see my doctor, I was happy with the other physician I saw (dr. Jungheim) that did my retrieval and transfer.... They were able to schedule early morning to avoid missing work which was great. I never waited more than 20ish minutes for these appts
How was your experience with Sarah Keller at Washington University School of Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sarah Keller at Washington University School of Medicine?
Be aware that you will not always see dr. Keller for all treatments.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sarah Keller at Washington University School of Medicine?
Dr. Keller was very kind and patient in answering our numerous questions. She talked to us like peers, sharing stories about her own family which really put us at ease. She never talked down to us or forced a certain decision to be made. She shared options and expressed her thoughts on what might work best and allowed us to decide.
The nursing staff was helpful but not overly compassionate when things didn’t work (such as getting negative pregnancy tests during medicated cycles and during iui). They weren’t unfriendly but just weren’t overly warm. However, I did feel that it was easy to reach them and that I received prompt return calls if I had to leave a message. I also felt that the information they were relating was accurate and not confusing.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
I did have long waits several times which can be frustrating when you work full time. I wasn’t very open with work so being gone long chunks of time without thorough explanation was tricky at times. Scheduling was relatively easy but availability was sometimes far into the future. Also, it is important to note thatWash U does rotation scheduling for procedures so you won’t necessarily see your doctor for IUIs, retrieval’s, transfers, etc. though I didn’t always see my doctor, I was happy with the other physician I saw (dr. Jungheim) that did my retrieval and transfer.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sarah Keller at Washington University School of Medicine.
We had insurance that covered some of our costs but I think for retrieval and transfer (not including meds) cash price was around 13k (without insurance)
Describe Sarah Keller's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Washington University School of Medicine.
We were told that because we had one embryo of good quality on day 5 and one that was lagging slightly behind, our best chances were to transfer both as this would increase our chances of getting pregnant. We were told if we did not transfer our embryo that was slightly behind, it would likely not make it to freeze so we decided to transfer both.
Sarah Keller
St. Louis - Central West End

He [Dr. Kenan Omurtag] can be cut and dry when it gets to the medical side of things. He will tell you like it is, but you can’t take it to heart.... He did the basic ivf routine each time, when I did find out I was pregnant, he had me take baby aspirin and shots of progesterone and lovenox due to MTHFR and PI1.... He would call after hours to go over things and explain in detail what our next steps would be
The clinic [Washington Univ School of Med-STL] was very clean and organized. Everything is in the same office so you don’t have to go anywhere else for blood work or surgeries. They close for a month each year (January I believe) to sterilize so be aware of that... Most of the nursing staff were great and very nice! My coordinator was very unreliable in answering calls, wouldn’t respond with urgent matters and when calling to tell me my beta, was not sympathetic. I wasn’t a fan of hers but I stuck with it to see Dr. O.
He is very thorough, understanding and determined. He listened to my concerns and even when he didn’t think things were necessary, he ran tests to give me peace of mind. He gave us our twins and we couldn’t be more grateful!
He can be cut and dry when it gets to the medical side of things. He will tell you like it is, but you can’t take it to heart.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Cathy)
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic was very clean and organized. Everything is in the same office so you don’t have to go anywhere else for blood work or surgeries. They close for a month each year (January I believe) to sterilize so be aware of that. I have nothing bad to say!
We were lucky enough to have fertility coverage with our insurance. We ran out of funds just before our final transfer so we paid out of pocket for that. I believe it was $1,000. In total, we spent $16k
We transferred 1 resulting in a chemical pregnancy. Next we transferred 2 resulting in a neg. Finally we transferred 2 again and now have twins! It’s a choice you have to make for yourself I feel. Be prepared for each embryo to stick. There’s always a possibility!
What specific things went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine.
I was due to take an injection and it needed to be sent to the pharmacy and I also needed to know the amount. I called and left several messages and did not get a call back. It was getting close to the office being closed and it would have ruined my whole cycle had I not taken this shot. Luckily I was able to connect with someone at the front desk who walked back to my coordinator and demanded to take my call. It ended up working out but it was a close call and I would have lost a cycle and the money spent for ultrasounds blood work and medication leading up to this.

2014 - 2016, Successful
Dr. Omurtag is an outstanding physician! He's a warm and friendly person who makes you feel welcome during a doctor visit, especially with how difficult or delicate the situation is at hand...His bedside manner is above reproach. He doesn't talk over your head and will gladly answer any and all of your questions to put your mind at ease...At my retrieval, they extracted 15 follicles, of which 12 were good to fertilize. Four out of six fertilized with the conventional method and five of the other six with ICSI.
This clinic [Washington University School of Medicine] has their stuff together! I didn't feel like I was rushed into anything and I was given lots of information to make an informed decision with my care. Everyone from counselors, billers, secretaries, to the nursing staff and physicians were genuinely caring! I can't really think of any weaknesses that this clinic has!...My global self-pay package was about $12,600, not including medication, for IVF (fresh cycle). It included pre-IVF procedure, IVF retrieval plus ICSI, IVF transfer, and post-IVF procedure. For me, my meds ranged from $3,000 to $4,000.
Dr. Omurtag is an outstanding physician! He's a warm and friendly person who makes you feel welcome during a doctor visit, especially with how difficult or delicate the situation is at hand. As an example, I felt uncomfortable with an SHG and trial transfer that we allowed a Fellow perform under his guidance, and Dr. Omurtag distracted me with talking about everyday things, like baseball, which I enjoy.
The advice I would give a prospective patient of Dr. Omurtag would be to speak up and ask questions - even if you feel it's a dumb question - there are NO dumb questions to him! He's very knowledgeable, so use that to help you make an informed decision about your fertility journey.
Dr. Omurtag is a very sincere and respectful physician. His bedside manner is above reproach. He doesn't talk over your head and will gladly answer any and all of your questions to put your mind at ease.
I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility and Dr. Omurtag put me on the Long GnRH Agonist regimen. It went over 2 menstrual cycles, utilizing birth control pills beginning on CD4 (preventing pregnancy) until all active pills were taken. On CD 21, I started 20 units of Lupron ( to block ovulation) for 21 days. I started my period around this time, beginning the second cycle of the long regimen. I had an ultrasound and estradiol check to confirm suppression. Then in cycle 2, I used varying doses of Gonal F and Menopur (to stimulate my ovaries to make follicles.) Gonal F started on CD6 at 225iu, then decreased to 150iu on CD9 until last dose on CD15. I started 75iu of Menopur on CD9 through CD12. One day of 150iu of Menopur on CD13, then 75iu CD14 through CD15. I stopped all meds on CD16 for my retrieval on CD18. At my retrieval, they extracted 15 follicles, of which 12 were good to fertilize. Four out of six fertilized with the conventional method and five of the other six with ICSI.
The nursing staff for Dr. Omurtag were excellent! I don't feel like I was rushed through or felt that I was just another number. They were very friendly and supportive through the whole process.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
This clinic has their stuff together! I didn't feel like I was rushed into anything and I was given lots of information to make an informed decision with my care. Everyone from counselors, billers, secretaries, to the nursing staff and physicians were genuinely caring! I can't really think of any weaknesses that this clinic has!
My global self-pay package was about $12,600, not including medication, for IVF (fresh cycle). It included pre-IVF procedure, IVF retrieval plus ICSI, IVF transfer, and post-IVF procedure. For me, my meds ranged from $3,000 to $4,000. I also sought out rebates, coupons, etc, to help off-set those medicine costs.
Dr Omurtag seemed okay with my decision to transfer 2 embryos, informing me of the risks/benefits and not trying to persuade me either way. He was quite supportive. However, on the day of the transfer, another doctor (Dr. Randal Odem) performed it because he was being on call that week. He double checked with me and my decision to do two, informing me one last time of benefits/risks of transferring two, but I backed out and only had them transfer one embryo. I went on to have a successful singleton pregnancy and live birth of this fresh cycle.
St. Louis - Central West End

Dr. Jungheim was warm and seemed so invested in our story. She would take the time (sometimes over an hour) to meet with us and talk us through every detail of the procedures and possible outcomes...Dr. Jungheim was honest and forthright about the research that is out there and the research that has yet to be done. She approaches treatment from an evidence based perspective, which is important to me. And she was honest. If I asked a question to which there wasn't any good research out there to provide an answer, she would tell me so...She even pointed me to the original research articles, so I could read them myself...
it is the doctor who is on call [at Washington University School of Medicine] for that week who performs the procedures. I had Dr. Ratts and Dr. Odem and they were both great. So, if you are comfortable with that type of approach, this would work for you...After my first IVF cycle failed, they met to discuss the next steps for me. I liked knowing that I was getting 5 opinions in addition to Dr. Jungheim's...I conveniently could do monitoring appointments right before work. It operated well. Sometimes I wouldn't have to wait at all, sometimes I'd have to wait 10 minutes. The techs who did the monitoring were great.
Dr. Jungheim has the exact bedside manner that I love. She is warm, friendly, compassionate, and deeply caring. Also, as a scientist, I wanted to know the research that exists about treatment options, and Dr. Jungheim was honest and forthright about the research that is out there and the research that has yet to be done. She approaches treatment from an evidence based perspective, which is important to me. And she was honest. If I asked a question to which there wasn't any good research out there to provide an answer, she would tell me so. When there was truly no way to know the biological reason our first IVF cycle didn't work, she was honest about that and told me so. I hear stories of other doctors telling patients guesses as to why things worked a certain way, when there is actually no real way for them to know. Some patients find comfort in that, but that is not what I want. I want a doctor who does not have inflated confidence about what they know, and is informed about the actual research to give me that information. She even pointed me to the original research articles, so I could read them myself. Dr. Jungheim is fantastic. If I move away from St. Louis and need to do IVF again, I plan to go back to her!
Don't be afraid to ask a lot of questions. She will take the time for you.
Dr. Jungheim was warm and seemed so invested in our story. She would take the time (sometimes over an hour) to meet with us and talk us through every detail of the procedures and possible outcomes The staff at the clinic were also very nice and friendly and would clearly remember me. I got to know some of the staff pretty well and we would chat about my work and their lives.
We have unexplained infertility, which led us to start with IUI. When that didn't work, we moved on to IVF. My first cycle was an antagonist protocol, which was chosen for several reasons. One is that it is one of the most successful protocols for unexplained infertility in my age group at this clinic. Another is that I had a huge needle phobia, and this protocol involves fewer injections compared to the other option she would consider. We also did what they call "partial" ICSI. Since there were no known male factor issues or egg quality issues for us, the clinic used ICSI on half of my eggs in order to test the fertilization rate for ICSI vs. not. It turned out that the fertilization rate was equal, so it didn't seem that ICSI was truly necessary for us. Many clinics automatically do ICSI no matter what, however, there are some small risks of doing ICSI if you don't need to. So, this partial ICSI approach is like an experiment to see if I needed it, which would be useful for future decisions if this cycle didn't work. Then, the clinic watches the embryos and makes a decision on day 3 as to whether to do a day 3 or day 5 transfer of 1 or 2 embryos. They have certain criteria that they want to meet in order to push the transfer to day 5. I did not meet that criteria, so we transferred 2 embryos on day 3. Unfortunately, this cycle failed. The second cycle chosen was a long agonist protocol with Lupron. I also inquired about an endometrial scratch test. Dr. Jungheim told me that the evidence for the scratch is strictly correlational right now, but promising. In fact, the clinic was conducting a clinical trial to test the efficacy of the scratch at that time. Dr. Jungheim told me that if I wanted to do the scratch, I certainly could. So, I did. Ouchie. Then, we did not use ICSI this cycle given the fertilization rate of the previous cycle. And we had the same rate of fertilization. Again, the embryos did not meet criteria for a day 5 transfer, so we transferred 2 embryos on day 3. This cycle worked!!! We now have a 7.5 month old son, who is the light of our lives.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lori, but I think she is gone now)
I did not love my nurse. But I am pretty sure she is not there anymore. And I have heard that the new nurse is great.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
This clinic uses a team approach. So, Dr. Jungheim was my primary doctor who I met with for consultations and corresponded with about my treatment plan and results. But, she was not the doctor who performed the embryo retrieval and transfer. Instead, it is the doctor who is on call for that week who performs the procedures. I had Dr. Ratts and Dr. Odem and they were both great. So, if you are comfortable with that type of approach, this would work for you. The thing I like about it is that you effectively get 5 second opinions because the team meets every week to discuss their patients and make decisions. After my first IVF cycle failed, they met to discuss the next steps for me. I liked knowing that I was getting 5 opinions in addition to Dr. Jungheim's.
Each IUI cost $400, and each round of IVF cost ~$15,000
Describe Emily Jungheim's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Washington University School of Medicine.
The Washington University clinic as a whole wants to avoid multiples while maximizing live births. So they make decisions about the number of embryos to transfer based on each individual case, and I think they make very good decisions. We transferred 2 embryos and ended up with a singleton pregnancy, so I am very glad we didn't transfer 1.
St. Louis - Central West End

He [Dr. Kenan Omurtag0 is fabulous at making sure you fully understand everything that is going on. He is friendly, but professional at the same time. The most important thing, he knows what he is doing. I never felt like he was unsure about the plan... Our first cycle was a Long Agonist protocol. We started with birth control and then used 10IU Lupron for 13 days. Then, we lessened the Lupron to 5IU and added 300IU Gonal F for three days. After that, we eliminated the Lupron, lessened Gonal F to 150IU, and added Menopur in at 150IU for four days. I did not respond well, which was surprising. We retrieved 7 eggs, 4 were mature, and 1 fertilized into an embryo.
The nursing staff [at Washington University School of Medicine] is amazing! They really were a joy to see on a regular basis and made a stressful situation a little brighter. They were always so kind and professional. Absolutely loved them!... They have many strengths in professionalism, knowledge, communication, and compassion. I cannot think of any weaknesses that I experienced. I highly recommend this clinic to everyone.
He is fabulous at making sure you fully understand everything that is going on. He is friendly, but professional at the same time. The most important thing, he knows what he is doing. I never felt like he was unsure about the plan.
Trust him.
He was always honest and direct, but would not use medical terms that a normal person would not know. His explanations were always very clear. He is very professional, but always made us feel like he cared.
Our first cycle was a Long Agonist protocol. We started with birth control and then used 10IU Lupron for 13 days. Then, we lessened the Lupron to 5IU and added 300IU Gonal F for three days. After that, we eliminated the Lupron, lessened Gonal F to 150IU, and added Menopur in at 150IU for four days. I did not respond well, which was surprising. We retrieved 7 eggs, 4 were mature, and 1 fertilized into an embryo. We did full ICSI. We did not conceive. On our second round, we did a Luteal Estradiol Antagonist protocol, eliminating birth control and Lupron completely. We eliminated supressants because I didn't respond well to the first cycle. I took ovulation tests until I ovulated, then a week later, I started estrogen for 5 days to prime my ovaries. At the start of my period, took 150IU of Menopur, and 225IU Gonal F for seven days. Then added in 250IU of Cetrotide for an additional three days. We retrieved 11 eggs, 7 were mature, and 2 fertilized into embryos with full ICSI again. We conceived and are currently pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kathy)
Kathy was brand new during my second cycle, so I had to really stay on her if I needed something done. I attribute this to growing pains in a new organization. She was always friendly. The nursing staff is amazing! They really were a joy to see on a regular basis and made a stressful situation a little brighter. They were always so kind and professional. Absolutely loved them!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
We were fortunate enough to have 2 rounds mostly covered by insurance. We just had to pay for the more expensive of the medications. A round including medications does cost about $20,000 usually.
I believe his approach was correct with our results.

2014 - 2016, Successful
We did not see Dr. Omurtag at every visit, but it was made clear to us that we could schedule an appointment to meet with him any time we needed. We had an initial meeting with him where we discussed our past pregnancy history and overall health...He and his staff were always available to answer our questions, and made us feel like we were making treatment decisions as a team. When I miscarried at 11 weeks, he happened to be at the hospital and came to see us. He was very sympathetic but also optimistic and encouraging...
First I should say that we are extremely satisfied with our experience with the WUSTL Infertility and Reproductive Medicine Center. The doctors, nurses, technicians and staff are all incredibly knowledgeable, helpful and friendly...Meredith is great. She's very bubbly and upbeat. As Dr. Omurtag's nurse, she performs IUIs and is also the primary point of contact for his IVF patients. You can contact her through Dr. Omurtag's secretary and she will always get back to your quickly...
We really enjoyed working with Dr. Omurtag. After evaluating our histories and testing, he was very confident that we would be successful, either via IUI or IVF. We did not see Dr. Omurtag at every visit, but it was made clear to us that we could schedule an appointment to meet with him any time we needed. We had an initial meeting with him where we discussed our past pregnancy history and overall health. At this meeting, he went over our initial plan to obtain a diagnosis, including all of the testing he was ordering and when/where these procedures would be performed. Once this testing was completed, we met with him again to discuss our treatment course, which turned out to be IUI. We underwent four unsuccessful IUI cycles and then reconvened with Dr. Omurtag, who recommended proceeding with IVF. Because this was such a costly step, we asked to continue the IUI for two more cycles while we saved up the money for IVF, and he agreed. These cycles were also unsuccessful, so we met with Dr. Omurtag once again after our IVF financing was in place. At this meeting, he explained the IVF process and all of the procedures associated with it. At this practice, all IVF cases for the month are handled by a single physician on a rotating basis. This is the reason that Dr. Omurtag did not handle all of our procedures himself. However, we had a good experience with the other two physicians in the practice with whom we worked. Once we received a positive pregnancy blood work up after the fresh IVF cycle, we met with Dr. Omurtag again after our first ultrasound at 7 weeks. The baby was slightly undersized, but not alarmingly so, and Dr. Omurtag asked us to return in a week to check on the fetal growth. At that point, he felt comfortable turning us over to our OB for the remainder of the pregnancy, but encouraged us to call at any time if we had concerns, especially during the time before our first OB appointment. When I miscarried at nearly 11 weeks, Dr. Omurtag happened to be at the hospital and stopped to see us after we got the bad news. He was very compassionate, but also made sure to express his confidence that our treatment plan was good and would result in a viable pregnancy. This was very reassuring to hear on what was the worst day of our lives. When we were ready, we scheduled another meeting to discuss conducting a frozen cycle with our remaining embryo. Dr. Omurtag also performed a saline sonohysterogram to make sure that there were no issues that had not been visible on my HSG or other ultrasounds. He explained the differences between the fresh and frozen cycles and we proceeded (again, a different doctor performed the embryo transfer, but he was great as well). We were once again successful and transferred to the care of our OB at 8 weeks. This second pregnancy resulted in our son, born in August 2016. During all of our appointments, Dr. Omurtag was very comprehensive and understandable in all of his explanations. We were encouraged to ask questions and interrupt him for further explanation. He made us feel very comfortable and definitely made an effort to get to know us as people. He still remembers details about us and our family, even after going 8 months without seeing us. He asked us to keep the practice posted on the outcome of the pregnancy and suggested we visit after our son was born in August 2016. Before that visit, we found out that our son is a carrier for a fatal genetic condition, and Dr. Omurtag was able to give us the basics on how we would proceed if we decide to have a third child.
Trust in the process. It might seem like you are going to endless appointments, tests, scans and blood draws, but they are all necessary. Remind yourself that reproduction is incredibly inefficient and accept that you may never know the exact reason for your infertility without going through multiple cycles of medication, IUI and/or IVF. There are so many factors that it may be very difficult for the docs to pinpoint the exact cause, especially in cases of secondary infertility like ours. It was a two year process, but Dr. Omurtag was a great guide and we ended up with a child, which was the goal of the exercise.
Dr. Omurtag took the time to get to know us and ask about our older son. He and his staff were always available to answer our questions, and made us feel like we were making treatment decisions as a team. When I miscarried at 11 weeks, he happened to be at the hospital and came to see us. He was very sympathetic but also optimistic and encouraging.
See my response from the experience question. We came to Dr. Omurtag with secondary infertility after 6 months of ovulation testing and two cycles of Clomid performed by my OB. Treatment began with an HSG and ultrasounds and bloodwork for me and a semen analysis for my husband. I was diagnosed PCO due to a slightly elevated testosterone level and high ovarian reserve. However, I don't experience any other symptoms and all other testing was normal. Because my cycles were regular and I was ovulating, and because we had successfully conceived and carried to term on our own in the past, we decided to start with IUI. Dr. Omurtag recommended four cycles, because success rates drop off sharply after four IUIs. We ended up doing six cycles, but the last two were done to increase our slim chances of conceiving while we saved up the funds and waited for IVF availability (they only accept a certain number of IVF patients each month). I was prescribed Lupron to aid in the IUI cycles. It's been a while, so I don't remember the exact procedures and tests involved with each cycle, other than coming in for a mid-cycle ultrasound to check on follicle ripeness. When the scan was favorable, we scheduled a morning appointment for the IUI. My husband arrived early to provide a semen sample, which was analyzed and prepared and then transferred via a catheter by one of the nurses about an hour later. When IUI proved unsuccessful, we turned to IVF. Dr. Omurtag determined that Long GnRH agonist protocol was the best fit for us. We were required to secure financing and attend a very helpful IVF orientation before proceeding. After completing the drug regimen (which included OCP, Leuprolide, FSH, and hCG trigger), we harvested 23 eggs, 19 of which were viable. Because my husband's sperm count had varied during the IUI cycles, Dr. Omurtag decided to fertilize 10 of the eggs conventionally and 9 of them with ICSI. Only one of the eggs fertilized conventionally, but all 9 of the ICSI were successful. After 3 days of growth, we had several promising embryos, so Dr. Omurtag settled on a day 5 transfer. At that point, there were three exceptionally good transfer candidates. The decision of how many (1 or 2) to transfer was left to us. We chose 2 and one of those successfully implanted. After our miscarriage, we did a frozen cycle with our remaining embryo. Dr. Omurtag performed a saline sonohysterogram to ensure that there were no underlying physical issues with carrying a pregnancy that we might have missed previously (and to ensure that the products of the miscarriage had all been expelled). I'm unable to locate all of my paperwork from this cycle for some reason, but I know that the drug regimen was much less intense and there were fewer injectables. The frozen embryo transfer was again successful and this time I carried to term.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Meredith Woody)
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
First I should say that we are extremely satisfied with our experience with the WUSTL Infertility and Reproductive Medicine Center. The doctors, nurses, technicians and staff are all incredibly knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. With the exception of Drs. Omurtag and Odom, all of the staff are female. Prospective patients should know that this is a very large practice with many patients; you may need to be proactive if you're the kind of person who wants to meet directly with your physician regularly. My husband and I felt very comfortable with the staff and our nurse, who was very organized and provided us with lots of detailed written and verbal instructions for our procedures, so not seeing Dr. Omurtag regularly didn't bother us. As stated elsewhere in this review, be aware that the practice doctors take turns handling IVF cases on a monthly basis, so your doctor may not perform your egg retrieval and/or embryo transfer. Your nurse remains the same throughout. Please know that although all of these procedures and protocols seem very intimidating at first, you will receive all the information you need to successfully complete your treatment. The IVF orientation is great, your nurse is available to answer any questions, and detailed information packets are provided every step of the way. If you are doing IUI, be aware that you may need to wait awhile, due to the size of the practice and the unpredictability of patients' cycles. If you do IVF, you may need to wait a cycle or two to get on the schedule. As a working mom, I appreciated that most of the office visits could be done in the morning.
I believe each IUI cycle cost around $600. We financed the IVF cycles through ARC, where we paid $15,000 to cover a fresh and a frozen cycle. Medications were an additional expenses, but a relatively low cost with my insurance. All diagnostic testing was covered under our insurance.
What specific things went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine?
On one occasion, our nurse forgot to call in a medication that was time-sensitive. It was the weekend, but we were able to reach the doctor on call through the after hours line and she called in the prescription. It was partially my fault, as I did not check the bag of prescriptions thoroughly when I picked them up earlier in the week, and did not catch the mistake until the office was closed.
St. Louis - Central West End

Dr Omurtag showed such a great deal of compassion for our situation. He was very professional, very polite, and very realistic. He made sure to take all of our ideas and thoughts into account. Given the difficult situation we were facing, Dr Omurtag always made us feel that we had a good chance at getting pregnant. We felt excited with every visit, even if our treatment had not resulted in a pregnancy...
Everyone in this [Wash U - CWE] clinic was VERY organized. The whole staff was so fluent and made sure to accommodate your schedule. If we needed to get in last minute, there was always a way to fit you in even during their busiest time. I have not had experience in this matter before, so to me no weaknesses were apparent. I was so pleased with our treatment that I cannot think of anything I would change...
As the husband, I was the cause of the infertility. Never once did I feel judged, or any less of a person because of my medical issue. Dr Omurtag showed such a great deal of compassion for our situation. He was very professional, very polite, and very realistic. He made sure to take all of our ideas and thoughts into account. Given the difficult situation we were facing, Dr Omurtag always made us feel that we had a good chance at getting pregnant. We felt excited with every visit, even if our treatment had not resulted in a pregnancy.
Come to each appointment with an open mind. We made a decision that, at the time, felt very difficult (using a donor sperm). Looking back, all of the anxieties were for nothing because at the end of the day, we were blessed with the birth of our beautiful child. Dr Omurtag will take care of you, so rest in that comfort.
Dr Omurtag was very kind and patient in discussing our options. He never rushed us out of the office, and took all of our considerations into account. He made sure to follow up with us, both before and after the birth of our child.
In a nutshell, we decided that the only option was to use a donor sperm. We purchased 5 vials (just to have more than enough) and began IUI. Dr. Omurtag wanted to try one cycle of IUI without Clomid. This first cycle and treatment did not result in a pregnancy. For the second cycle, Dr. O started my wife on Clomid and after the second treatment (IUI), we found out we were pregnant.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Washington University School of Medicine.
My wife met most of the nursing staff during her IUI treatments. She never once complained and was always talking about how friendly everyone was. One specific nurse (who's name I am unsure) even took the time to show compassion for what my wife was dealing with and revealed her own personal experience.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Everyone in this clinic was VERY organized. The whole staff was so fluent and made sure to accommodate your schedule. If we needed to get in last minute, there was always a way to fit you in even during their busiest time. I have not had experience in this matter before, so to me no weaknesses were apparent. I was so pleased with our treatment that I cannot think of anything I would change.
These are not exact, but the cost estimates were: IUI Treatment - Approximately 300 USD Donor Sperm - Approximately 4000 USD (5 Vials) Clomid - Unsure, but not expensive Sperm Analysis - Approximately 150 USD Test to Check Fallopian Tubes - 3000 USD (not covered with insurance)

2014 - 2016, Successful
Dr. Omurtag treated us with kindness and compassion from our very first meeting. He decisively laid out details, treatment options and plans always making it known that ultimately the decision was always ours. He never pressured us into making a decision. We never felt rushed during our appointments. Dr. O would stay as long as needed to answer all of our questions. He also called us several times in the evening and on weekends when I had additional questions or concerns about treatments or upcoming procedures. He was truly there to support us through every part of our IVF journey...
The [Wash U - CWE] clinic is a peaceful, clean and calm environment. It is easy to find and never crazy or disorganized. No complaints...The entire nursing staff always promptly returned my calls, answered my questions and took wonderful care of me during visits. They are fantastic...Do not be afraid to ask any and all questions/voice any concerns that you have with him at any time. He patiently listens and answers them all. He NEVER made us feel like a question or concern was dumb or invalid...
As described in my previous response, Dr. Omurtag always made us feel comfortable and never treated us like a number. My husband and I always felt like his descriptions and explanation of treatment options and procedures were easy to understand. It was always obvious that he knew what he was talking about and always had the data and statistics to back it up. His intelligence and success were made even more wonderful when accompanied by his amazing bedside manner. He always greeted us with a smile and an upbeat, optimistic personality. I know he puts in countless hours at the office working with couples just like us, but we never once felt rushed and he never let his exhaustion show (if it even existed at all). He followed up with us and was by our sides every step of the way. After my successful IVF cycle, I brought my son back three months after he was born because Dr. O wanted to meet him and because I missed seeing him! That is the kind of wonderful connection that he creates with his patients. He is a truly special doctor and person and we look forward to seeing him again when it is time to expand our family once more!
I went through four cycles of IUI with chlomid. None resulted in a pregnancy. We then went on to IVF. I was on oral contraceptive birth control for a month, then began the injections to prepare for my egg harvest. After my egg harvest, I had one 'day 5' embryo transferred which resulted in a pregnancy and my beautiful son. For 8 weeks following the transfer, I continued injections of progesterone to ensure proper uterine wall lining.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Meredith)
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic is a peaceful, clean and calm environment. It is easy to find and never crazy or disorganized. No complaints.
We were very fortunate that my insurance covered our medical costs. I had only to pay my 1,200 out of pocked max.
St. Louis - Central West End

She [Dr Emily Jungheim] met with my husband and I when it was truly needed, she suggested aggressive treatment that she believed was most necessary to achieve our intended results, and she made personal calls to me to check on my physical, emotional and mental well-being. I truly feel like she cares about me...Be prepared to hear the good and bad of what to expect during the infertility treatment process, which is exactly what I prefer to hear from a physician.
They [staff at Wash U Fertility] are very easy to get in touch with, respond quickly and always make you feel welcomed in what can be very awkward circumstances...We started with Lori, with whom we felt like we developed a personal and caring relationship with. However, Lori recently moved away and we have now been working with Kathy, who has also been fantastic so far....She [Dr. Jungheim] is compassionate and caring. She is knowledgeable and takes time to explain potential advantages and disadvantages and is honest. I wanted a doctor who would play it straight and let us know what they truly thought of our chances of conceiving as we
She is compassionate and caring. She is knowledgeable and takes time to explain potential advantages and disadvantages and is honest. I wanted a doctor who would play it straight and let us know what they truly thought of our chances of conceiving as well as one that would work with my husband and I to achieve our goals. I strongly feel that Dr. Jungheim has done just that. She has exceeded my expectations.
She met with my husband and I when it was truly needed, she suggested aggressive treatment that she believed was most necessary to achieve our intended results, and she made personal calls to me to check on my physical, emotional and mental well-being. I truly feel like she cares about me.
We did a few cycles using only fertility medications, because we wanted to see if we could conceive with as little medical intervention as possible. When that was unsuccessful, we moved on to IUI, knowing that our chances of conceiving with this ,ethos was only slightly better than naturally. Out 2 IUI cycles were unsuccessful. Then we decided to move on to IVF. The clinic holds an orientation which is very informative. We went into the process feeling like we had a good idea of what to expect. Our fresh cycle was not successful, so Dr. Jungheim encouraged us to try another cycle using frozen embryos and so far it has been successful and we couldn't be more thrilled.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lori)
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
They are very easy to get in touch with, respond quickly and always make you feel welcomed in what can be very awkward circumstances.
The process is efficient and flexible. They are very willing to work with your schedule and offer a range of available times to fit better with your personal needs.
I am unsure, as I was fortunate enough to have the majority of my treat,nets covered by my insurance policy.

2015, Successful
I was not a fan of a few of the receptionists [WashU- CWE]. I think one might have been a student, she was our first contact and unfortunately did not know what she was doing. We had a moment of panic when she couldn't find us on the schedule and she always acted somewhat inconvenienced. However, their regular front office lady was always so sweet and warm to us!... Andrea was very caring, understanding and patient. With how many hormonal women she deals with on a daily basis she never let any of my frustrations or emotions frustrate her. I felt comfortable speaking with her about concerns I had and asking questions.
I really appreciated that Dr. Omurtag was willing to take my husband and I's concerns/opinions into account. He performed a scratch test, which at the time, had only been researched on women who had failed IVF cycles. Knowing the benefits of the scratch test I was adamant that I wanted it done. Dr. Omurtag explained the risks and research but respected our feelings. He was always positive but sure to explain the realistic side of things. He took the time to meet with my husband and I multiple times after our initial doctor left the practice without warning.
To not be afraid to explain your opinions or feelings on the procedure. It is ultimately your body and baby and he is very cognizant of that and won't make you feel intimated about asking questions.
Dr. Omurtag spoke to my husband and I as an individual couple and not as a statistic or in general terms. He sent messages to check on us even after our daughter was born and thanked us for the birth announcements/christmas card we sent.
All of the procedures, aside from the scratch test, were used specifically for someone with my diagnoses and age.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Andrea)
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
I was not a fan of a few of the receptionists. I think one might have been a student, she was our first contact and unfortunately did not know what she was doing. We had a moment of panic when she couldn't find us on the schedule and she always acted somewhat inconvenienced. However, their regular front office lady was always so sweet and warm to us! We unfortunately were with WASHU when Dr. Cooper left the practice without notice. We were one of her patients and that was very scary for us. We weren't notified and I found out when I came in for blood work which was not ideal. Thankfully between Andrea contacting us and meeting with Dr. Omurtag things turned around and we are glad we continued our care with them.
I dont remember, somewhere in the range of $15,000 with medication
WASHU's goal is one healthy singleton but there are considerations when making the decision on how many embryos to transfer. In our situation we had one that wasn't a great quality and the embryologist did not think would make to freeze but had a slight chance with transfer.
What specific things went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine?
I am referring to Dr. Coopers abrupt removal(?) or leaving of (?) the clinic and the lack of communication to us about the situation.

2014 - 2015, Unsuccessful
I completed three rounds of letrozole and two rounds of Clomid with follicle scans under the care of Dr. Ratts. I never ovulated on any of these cycles. Dr. Ratts said I could either pursue IUI or IVF, but she would recommend IVF if I was going to spend the money. After all of my failed treatment cycles, I didn't have any direct communication with her. All messages were relayed through her nurse, which was frustrating...
The [Wash U - CWE] office setting is conveniently located, clean, and professional. Dr. Ratts usually runs behind schedule so plan on waiting to be seen...I rarely received results from labwork or scans without calling the office, leaving a message, and waiting for a return phone call. Return calls were not very quick and could sometimes take over 2 days...
How was your experience with Valerie Ratts at Washington University School of Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Valerie Ratts at Washington University School of Medicine?
Do not see Dr. Ratts if you are not interested in pursuing IVF.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Valerie Ratts at Washington University School of Medicine?
This practice felt more like a business trying to sell IVF.
Describe the protocols Valerie Ratts used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
I did three rounds of letrozole (2.5, 5, and 7.5 mg) with OPKs and timed intercourse. When I didn't have a period by CD35 and had a negative pregnancy test, I took Provera to have a withdrawal bleed. I also did two rounds of Clomid (150 and 250 mg) with a follicle scan. I did not develop a follicle with either scan so my treatments stopped. My next course of action was to try injectable medications with IUI or IVF, and I did not want to pursue that course at the time due to financial and ethical concerns.
I communicated with the nursing staff over the phone frequently. Mary RN was very direct and offered little compassion.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The office setting is conveniently located, clean, and professional. Dr. Ratts usually runs behind schedule so plan on waiting to be seen.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Valerie Ratts at Washington University School of Medicine.
Ultrasounds - $360; Injectables $3,000-5,000; IUI - $1200; IVF - $11,000
Valerie Ratts

2012 - 2015, Successful
Amber Cooper was always excited to see us, like an old friend. She remembered our daughter's name (miscarriage) and would use her name when speaking about her. That meant a lot. She would check on us and email us any time we had questions or worries....Even though we traveled across state lines (we are on the IL side of St Louis), our insurance covered most of our procedures after getting a Global Release.
The clinic [Washington University Fertility] did IVF on rotation. So even if you loved your doctor, she helped set you up, but another doctor may be doing your retrieval and transfer. Dr. Cooper was so kind she came in and visited sometimes during our retrieval/transfers anyway. I did not connect with all the other doctors the same way I did with Amber Cooper, but I trusted their skills....Even though we traveled across state lines (we are on the IL side of St Louis), our insurance covered most of our procedures after getting a Global Release.
Amber Cooper was just amazing. Can't say a bad thing about her. She was warm and kind, and sympathized with us. She greeted us excitedly and was always hopeful (but realistic) on our chances. She built our family.
Don't wait.
Our first IVF cycle I had very low quality eggs and embryos. We transferred two, but were realistic with how low quality they were. That cycle was a BFN. The very next cycle 3 months later we completely switched protocols and injections. I responded slightly better. We transferred 2 more "below average" embryos, but by miracle one took. Two years later or son wanted a sibling. We reviewed my results and tweaked my protocol once again. We had twin girls.
She wasn't all about business. She cared to ask how I was going, really doing, and wanted to know when/if I felt overhwelmed or scared or worried. She always validated my feelings and helped encourage me to push on.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic did IVF on rotation. So even if you loved your doctor, she helped set you up, but another doctor may be doing your retrieval and transfer. Dr. Cooper was so kind she came in and visited sometimes during our retrieval/transfers anyway. I did not connect with all the other doctors the same way I did with Amber Cooper, but I trusted their skills.
2013 - 2015, Unsuccessful
I have always felt that she [Dr. Cooper] has treated me like a friend. She is extremely compassionate and empathetic. I did not get the results we had hoped for but every time she called with the bad news, she was so empathetic and took the time to listen to my fears and my hurt. She is always so optimistic. I have never felt a connection with a doctor the way I feel with Dr. Cooper and I have never trusted a doctor as much as I trust her.
The [Wash U- CWE] clinic is very private and very positive...The girl who set me up with the medications did such a great job of working with our insurance on such short notice. I felt the staff was extremely accommodating...
I began seeing Dr. Cooper my freshman year of college. She was very understanding of the stress I was going through with transitioning to college as well as the stress of trying to have a successful egg retrieval. It took several attempt to get my hormone levels to the appropriate level to go forward with the injections but Dr. Cooper was always optimistic. I was finally able to go through with the injections but they were unsuccessful. My ovaries did not produce any follicles. Even through the disappointment, she helped me to remain hopeful. We tried two more times in two different ways. Both times were unsuccessful. Dr. Cooper was so hopeful for me. I could tell she wanted it to work just as badly as I did. Unfortunately, we had to take a step back and take a break from the process. She has always encouraged me to remain hopeful because I am so young. I still see her annually and she keeps me up to date with the new research. She is very cutting edge. I will never go to a different fertility specialist.
Don't wait.
I was 19 when I began seeing Dr. Cooper. I have always felt that she has treated me like a friend. She is extremely compassionate and empathetic. I did not get the results we had hoped for but every time she called with the bad news, she was so empathetic and took the time to listen to my fears and my hurt. She is always so optimistic. I have never felt a connection with a doctor the way I feel with Dr. Cooper and I have never trusted a doctor as much as I trust her.
The nurse practitioner that worked with Dr Cooper was phenomenal as was the staff in the lab and the ultrasound technicians.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic is very private and very positive.
My parents insurance covered the treatment. The girl who set me up with the medications did such a great job of working with our insurance on such short notice. I felt the staff was extremely accommodating.
2014 - 2015, Successful
He [Dr. Omurtag] was the 2nd doctor that we saw for our issues. we had done other treatments that didn't work. Dr Omurtag really took the time to sit with us and answer questions and go over all of our issues which didn't happen with the other Dr. I felt and still do that Dr Omurtag really helped make this horrible journey enjoyable and I really felt like he was right along with us every step of the way. Checking in on us, answer all of our questions along the way.
The ladies who did my ultrasounds [at Washington University School of Medicine] and blood work were great, I actually miss seeing them since I was there a few times a week. They made me feel comfortable even when you are stressed out with everything going on, I feel like they were all very positive which is what you need
He was the 2nd doctor that we saw for our issues. we had done other treatments that didn't work. Dr Omurtag really took the time to sit with us and answer questions and go over all of our issues which didn't happen with the other Dr. I felt and still do that Dr Omurtag really helped make this horrible journey enjoyable and I really felt like he was right along with us every step of the way. Checking in on us, answer all of our questions along the way.
He really cares about his patients and puts you at ease for such a stressful process of trying to conceive
He really took the time to talk with us (husband) and go over our options, what the chances were. He was amazing in taking time to e-mail and call us to check in and see how we were doing, if we had any questions or needed anything. I really felt like he was part of our team
he went over our options and then after doing the testing told us what would be the most successful option for us. I cant recall which treatment it was for IVF but he did let us know that IUIs were not a good option for us and so we didn't consider that again
The ladies who did my ultrasounds and blood work were great, I actually miss seeing them since I was there a few times a week. They made me feel comfortable even when you are stressed out with everything going on, I feel like they were all very positive which is what you need
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
I thought it was easy to get in and out of, clean, professional and had top of the line equipment
I never added the total up since we were successful, I don't care the cost since we have a baby now
2013 - 2015, Successful
There is more than just her [Dr. Keller] when it comes to ivf. There are several doctors who work together and decided which methods and medicines should work best for each ivf patient.
I loved having her for my doctor. We discussed everything that needed to be talked about. I had done some research on my own before our consultations and then asked questions throughout when they came up. When we did the iuis, the timing was off but that was probably partly because of how my cycles fell, usually over the weekends was when I would ovulate. They were all natural cycles because she wanted to keep things as close to natural as possible if we could. When they proved to not be working, we tried a medicated cycle and I overstimulated. I came in for an ultrasound and we decided to have another consultation. Over the phone, we discussed our next step, she thought I would respond well to the meds,which was ivf. We were able to start immediately and were both excited and nervous. There is more than just her when it comes to ivf. There are several doctors who work together and decided which methods and medicines should work best for each ivf patient. They all specialize in different areas and some overlap with other doctors but the made me feel better for choosing her.
Be open and ready to ask questions if you don't understand something. She will answer any question you have and won't judge you for it. Even if it seems small or silly. Ask anyway. She was able to answer my questions and provide the information I needed to make our decisions.
When we first met, she was very down to earth and easy to talk to. My husband liked her also which was a huge plus. She always knew my name when we came in and so did her staff. She took the time to explain a lot to us and took even our drive time to and from appointments into consideration for scheduling.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Amy)
She knew just as much as Dr Keller did. Any question I had after the consultations, she could answer or get an answer for me and return my call. The nurses are trained to be able to answer those questions. They are a big part of the whole process and they are the ones you talk with the most during it.
They scheduled between 7:30 - 9:30 am. They would put you down in a time slot but if you happen to show up a little early they were usually pretty good about getting you in early if not right one time. There usually wasnt much waiting when they scheduled you like this. There were several utlrasound techs and several ultrasound rooms. Different times during the day were for different types of appointments.
Sarah Keller

2014, Successful
Due to my fear of medical procedures I would only agree to be seen by Dr. Cooper. She agreed to oversee my care and came in for all of my appointments, egg retrieval, and egg transfers. She is the most compassionate physician I have ever met. She puts her patients first...Dr. Cooper cares about her patients and will spend any amount of time necessary to make a patient comfortable with their options and their decision...
The [Wash U - CWE] clinic sees a lot of patients and they hold a lot of educational seminars / teaching moments for patients...Everyone was attentive to my needs. They all understood my fears and took their time with me. They trated me like gold...Leave no question un-asked. Go to the consultation a couple to talk about growing your family. Everyone involved in the process should be seen and talk with Dr. Cooper...
Dr. Cooper will take the time to inform the patient of the physical, emotional, and even financial aspects of trying to grow a family. My wife, who fears the medical profession, was able to overcome her greatest fear and perform 1 cycle of IVF, which I directly correlate to Dr. Cooper. She moved mountains so my wife could overcome her greatest fear and be granted her most desired wish, a family. She came in for every appointment, for every procedure, even though she worked in a multi-physician environment. Dr. Cooper cares about her patients and will spend any amount of time necessary to make a patient comfortable with their options and their decision.
Dr. Cooper, was working at Wash U at the time. There were a number of reproductive endocrinologist on staff that took weekend call for egg retrieval and egg transfers. The clinic worked as a team. Due to my fear of medical procedures I would only agree to be seen by Dr. Cooper. She agreed to oversee my care and came in for all of my appointments, egg retrieval, and egg transfers. She is the most compassionate physician I have ever met. She puts her patients first.
The ART method was followed. Daily ultra sounds with medication dose changes based upon medical diagnostic testing performed daily.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic sees a lot of patients and they hold a lot of educational seminars / teaching moments for patients.
Patrial Insurance Coverage. Between $5-$10, our of pocket.
2014, Successful
Dr Omurtag made sure to check with me each step and made sure I was comfortable with everything that was going on and how we were going to handle everything. They helped me have my baby boy and I cannot thank them enough for everything they have done for me...He spoke to me in a caring manner and made sure that I understood everything that was happening. He made me feel like a person each step of the way and made sure that I was comfortable. He always knew me by name and my spouse. He took the time to ask how I was, my family and my older child...
The [Was U - CWE] clinic overall was very caring and very compassionate. They took care of their patients and made sure I was comfortable with everything and how everything was explained...The nursing staff was very caring and sweet during all the processes. They went out of their way to make sure that we were comfortable with everything that was happening...If you have any questions be honest with him and he will be honest with you. He was very good at going over things we didn't understand and making sure that i knew what was happening each step of the way...
Dr Omurtag was beyond wonderful. I would recommend him and the drs at Wash U to anyone that is going to be going through ivf treatment. I had a dr prior to him that was awful and did not take my feelings into any consideration. The drs at Wash U and Dr Omurtag made sure to check with me each step and made sure I was comfortable with everything that was going on and how we were going to handle everything. They helped me have my baby boy and I cannot thank them enough for everything they have done for me.
When i went to see Dr Omurtag I knew I wanted to do ivf and did not want to do any other treatment. He was very open to that and let me make that choice. He used injectable drugs.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic overall was very caring and very compassionate. They took care of their patients and made sure I was comfortable with everything and how everything was explained.
I do not remember all the costs as the ivf was covered by my insurance. So i only had to pay my ded/opx.

2011 - 2013, Successful
Dr. Cooper is such an amazing Dr. She truly cares for her patients. You might have to wait a little bit at your appointment but it's only because she is taking her time with her patients just as she does with you. She didnt ever tell me I was crazy or emotional or anything else when I would have anxiety about what was going on at that point, she understood how much it meant to us to have a family.... Anytime I called with a question, I got to speak with her
Wash U was a fine clinic. It was very clean and most of the staff friendly. They also had a program called ARC there that you could participate in to help reduce the cost of treatment. We were able to finance our IVF and have 1 Fresh and 1 Frozen cycle if we did not have a baby the first go round with the fresh cycle for the same price as 1 fresh cycle without the program.... It was around $10,000 with the ARC program for 1 fresh and 1 frozen cycle. Medication was between $5,000-$6,000 for both cycles
Dr. Cooper is such an amazing Dr. She truly cares for her patients. You might have to wait a little bit at your appointment but it's only because she is taking her time with her patients just as she does with you. She didnt ever tell me I was crazy or emotional or anything else when I would have anxiety about what was going on at that point, she understood how much it meant to us to have a family. She would be the one that called me to give me test results.
Hang in there, you've got the best Dr taking care of you. She is going to try her hardest and do her very best for you, like she does with all of her patients!
She took her time with us at each appointment and really cared about what we were going through. She was determined that we were going to have a baby but also up front with the reality of the situation. Anytime I called with a question, I got to speak with her and she would calm me and talk me through whatever anxiety in was having at that point. She was truly a blessing!
It's been almost 6 years since my treatment, I don't really remember the specifics. I just know that IVF was our best option.
Andrea was Dr. Cooper's nurse and she was just as amazing as Dr. Cooper. They worked well together and Andrea was always pleasant to speak with. She was very knowledgeable and caring!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Wash U was a fine clinic. It was very clean and most of the staff friendly. They also had a program called ARC there that you could participate in to help reduce the cost of treatment. We were able to finance our IVF and have 1 Fresh and 1 Frozen cycle if we did not have a baby the first go round with the fresh cycle for the same price as 1 fresh cycle without the program. This was a great asset as our insurance did not cover fertility treatments. She is no longer at this clinic anymore though, she has moved on and opened up her own practice.
St. Louis - Central West End

Dr. Omurtag is fantastic. He was able to have tough discussions with us with plenty of compassion while also being thorough. ... Dr. Omertag was willing to work at the speed we wanted to go. Our previous doctor was pushing IVF when we were trying to find the root of our issues first. He was thourough and was able to find an issue with my thyroid that a previous general doctor, ob/gyn, and two other fertility specialists has missed.
The front staff [Washington U - St. Louis CWE] is amazing and fun, nurses are always great. ... IUI is around $800 for medicine, procedure, ultrasound, and trigger shot. IVF was estimated $11,500 plus medicine. ... Kathy and Jessie [nurses] are fantastic. They answer every call and are fine answering all questions I may have. They call the minute test results are in. ... I would highly recommend booking your initial appointment as early as possible
Dr. Omurtag is fantastic. He was able to have tough discussions with us with plenty of compassion while also being thorough. He answered every question we had, sometimes explaining it a few times when we were overwhelmed by information.
He’s busy because he is fantastic. He is worth the wait.
I have an upcoming IUI treatment using clomid and progesterone. I also will be on thyroid medicine to balance a deficiency.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kathy and Jessie)
Kathy and Jessie are fantastic. They answer every call and are fine answering all questions I may have. They call the minute test results are in.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The front staff is amazing and fun, nurses are always great. I would highly recommend booking your initial appointment as early as possible, sometimes there is a wait for Dr. Omurtag, but I promise it’s worth the wait.
we have not discussed embryo transfers yet
St. Louis - Central West End
Dr. Odem has wonderful bedside manners. Makes sure we understand everything going on and answers questions thoroughly. My husband has a Male infertility factor and Dr. Odem is working alongside Dr. Johnson to see what our options are and give us percent of the chances of conceiving.... Dr. Odem started my husband on Clomid to see if that would help us conceive. Then started me on clomid as well to get a boost. We started IUI in January. First round failed, so we are trying again. Dr. Odem advised us of the percentages due to my Endo and his infertility issues.
Clinic [Wash U] is absolutely wonderful. Very clean, upscale and professional. Front desk clerks are very nice. When we went back to the room for IUI, the nurse made my husband and I feel at ease because of the atmosphere we were in and the way she talked to us in a calm manner.... Unfortunately, my insurance doesnt cover infertility. Ultrasounds are around $450 (self pay), IUI self pay is $510, if you have insurance, it is $610
How was your experience with Randall Odem at Washington University School of Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Randall Odem at Washington University School of Medicine?
If you aren't sure exactly what is going on, ask. Dr. Odem will meet all your needs during this time of trouble in your life.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Randall Odem at Washington University School of Medicine?
Talked to my husband and I very calmly and told us he was very excited to start this journey with him. Made sure we knew what was going on and made sure to answer any questions. Will even call late at night to check on us.
Describe the protocols Randall Odem used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
Very nice and kind.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Clinic is absolutely wonderful. Very clean, upscale and professional. Front desk clerks are very nice. When we went back to the room for IUI, the nurse made my husband and I feel at ease because of the atmosphere we were in and the way she talked to us in a calm manner.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randall Odem at Washington University School of Medicine.
Randall Odem
St. Louis - Central West End

In our first appointment with Dr. Odem he took the time to sit down with my husband and i, hear our story of ttc and what we had done with our previous RE and came up with a plan of action. He took me off some medications that the doctor before had flippantly put me on and I was grateful for his knowledge.... He is kind and compassionate, willing to change a protocol if something is not working... We started on Letrozole for one cycle to get myself to ovulate
Clinic [WashU School of Med] is easily accessible if you work or live in the city. They are willing to accommodate appointments/procedures on Saturdays instead of making you work with their schedule, they work with yours. They are a bigger clinic so you may not get to see your doctor every appointment but the nursing staff has all been wonderful so far and i feel like we're getting great care. Love that they have a lab within their clinic so you get blood results back within the same day typically.
He is kind and compassionate, willing to change a protocol if something is not working. He took the time to listen to our story and helped us come up with a plan that we were all on board with and adjustments if we ran into problems.
We started on Letrozole for one cycle to get myself to ovulate and then the next cycle did the same protocol since i was able to ovulate the previous month. We are going in for our first IUI this cycle.
The nursing staff has been wonderful. If you leave a message, they call you back within an hour or two at the most. They take time to answer questions and address concerns.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Clinic is easily accessible if you work or live in the city. They are willing to accommodate appointments/procedures on Saturdays instead of making you work with their schedule, they work with yours. They are a bigger clinic so you may not get to see your doctor every appointment but the nursing staff has all been wonderful so far and i feel like we're getting great care. Love that they have a lab within their clinic so you get blood results back within the same day typically.
Randall Odem