4444 Forest Park Avenue
314-286-2400
3023 N. Ballas Road
St. Louis, MO 63131
314-286-2400

She [Dr. Jimenez] is very warm and welcoming and answered all questions we had. If calls occurred, they were returned quickly. She is new to the practice but has already set a great impression. I look forward to continuing our journey and hopefully having success this year....Great teaching and listening... I am going to be doing the long agonist protocol. The thought is to suppress my endometriosis and reset my hormones.
Ensure you keep track of your insurance and bills. There was an issue with a payment made in office [Wash U School of Med] and still has not posted. Ask for the green dot for parking if not sent in your intro packet. Also ensure an email is sent to invite you the online health portal.... We financed and 2 cycles with up to 4 transfers is $28k... She [Dr. Jimenez] is very warm and welcoming and answered all questions we had. If calls occurred, they were returned quickly.
How was your experience with Patricia Jimenez at Washington University School of Medicine?
She is very warm and welcoming and answered all questions we had. If calls occurred, they were returned quickly. She is new to the practice but has already set a great impression. I look forward to continuing our journey and hopefully having success this year.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Patricia Jimenez at Washington University School of Medicine?
Take detailed notes and make a list of questions for each visit. Write the answers down at your visit and remember to call if additional questions arise.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Patricia Jimenez at Washington University School of Medicine?
Great teaching and listening
Describe the protocols Patricia Jimenez used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Ensure you keep track of your insurance and bills. There was an issue with a payment made in office and still has not posted. Ask for the green dot for parking if not sent in your intro packet. Also ensure an email is sent to invite you the online health portal.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Patricia Jimenez at Washington University School of Medicine.
We financed and 2 cycles with up to 4 transfers is $28k
Patricia Jimenez

2017, Unknown Success
he [Dr. Kenan Omurtag] took interest in who i was and what my life was about, never had a dr so engaged in who i am as a person...He never tried to rush us or change our minds with trying a different procedure. He wanted the same outcome we wanted and that was nice to see...I first had to go through all the bloodwork and vaginal ultrasound. I was than put with a dr who would help me loose some weight. I needed to loose 60 lbs before the procedure.l can start. I was then placed on metformin and synthyroid.
[The nurses at Washington University School of Medicine are] very personable...I first had to go through all the bloodwork and vaginal ultrasound. I was than put with a dr who would help me loose some weight. I needed to loose 60 lbs before the procedure.l can start. I was then placed on metformin and synthyroid.
How was your experience with Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine?
Dr. Omurtag took our particular situation and made us feel at ease that we were doing the best thing that fit what we wanted as parents and ad being an light patient. He never tried to rush us or change our minds with trying a different procedure. He wanted the same outcome we wanted and that was nice to see.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine?
Be patient
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine?
Just he took interest in who i was and what my life was about, never had a dr so engaged in who i am as a person
Describe the protocols Kenan Omurtag used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
The nurses like dr omurtag are very personable
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Go in and see, and always be patient
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine.
Cost is nothing compared to having a baby it was all worth it. Insurance covered most appt but not actual procedure

2017, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Omurtag] was always quick to respond to our questions and concerns. Very reassuring and sympathetic to all the emotions on the roller coaster ride of infertility. I could tell he really wanted us to be successful....We are still in the middle of treatment but so far he has been honest and encouraging with us. We had some setbacks in not getting the number of follicles we hoped for and he talked us through our options. He was honest but also hopeful.
It's a bigger clinic [Washington U - CWE] so you don't see your doctor at every visit but we still had access to communicate with him...The nursing staff was kind and compassionate. I felt well taken care of and that my questions and concerns were all addressed in a timely manner...We paid out of pocket and cost without meds was around 13,00...Don't be afraid to ask all your questions. Big and small. As patients we are allowed to advocate for ourselves
Don't be afraid to ask all your questions. Big and small. As patients we are allowed to advocate for ourselves and Dr. Omurtag is willing to answer all questions.
He was always quick to respond to our questions and concerns. Very reassuring and sympathetic to all the emotions on the roller coaster ride of infertility. I could tell he really wanted us to be successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kathy)
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
It's a bigger clinic so you don't see your doctor at every visit but we still had access to communicate with him.
We paid out of pocket and cost without meds was around 13,00
St. Louis - Central West End

Dr. Jungheim made sure to explain everything to us. When a cycle failed, she showed us complete compassion and understood our concerns. She made sure she addressed any concerns we had and answered every question. She is kind and trustworthy!... Everyone at the office listens to any concerns I have and answers questions without hesitation. They take their time in explaining everything and make sure I am comfortable and understand. I've never been treated with so much care and compassion by any doctor's office like I have at Wash U!
Everyone at the office [Wash U] listens to any concerns I have and answers questions without hesitation. They take their time in explaining everything and make sure I am comfortable and understand. I've never been treated with so much care and compassion by any doctor's office like I have at Wash U!... The nurse always made sure she got back to me in a timely manner. She answered any questions I had and if she wasn't sure, she made sure to ask Dr. Jungheim and then she got back to me immediately. She is always very kind, calm, and patient. She showed us nothing but compassion through the whole process!
How was your experience with Emily Jungheim at Washington University School of Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Emily Jungheim at Washington University School of Medicine?
Address any questions or concerns you have
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Emily Jungheim at Washington University School of Medicine?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nikki)
2015 - 2017, Successful
Dr. Omurtag was fantastic. He was very upfront on expectations and took time to talk to me after the first IVF did not take.... My husband and I felt very comfortable with him and could talk freely with him about of questions and concerns. He really took the time to make sure we understood the risks and our options. I am so blessed to have two amazing children and I could not thank him enough for all he did. I would recommend him to anyone.
With so many people coming in at the same time, they [Washington University School of Medicine] really worked to get people in and out quickly for the blood works and ultrasounds. They were well organized and showed they care. They would remember your name which was a nice added touch.... Dr. Omurtag was fantastic. He was very upfront on expectations and took time to talk to me after the first IVF did not take. He gave me all the options and helped me think through our next steps which then resulted in a birth.
Dr. Omurtag was amazing. My husband and I felt very comfortable with him and could talk freely with him about of questions and concerns. He really took the time to make sure we understood the risks and our options. I am so blessed to have two amazing children and I could not thank him enough for all he did. I would recommend him to anyone.
Don’t be afraid to talk to him and get all your questions answer befor starting the process.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
With so many people coming in at the same time, they really worked to get people in and out quickly for the blood works and ultrasounds. They were well organized and showed they care. They would remember your name which was a nice added touch.

2014 - 2015, Successful
She [Dr. Amber Cooper] provided treatment that was custom to me and my body. She always made me feel like she cared. She answered every question I had without making me feel stupid for asking...She has the best bedside manner of any doctor I have ever met. She takes the time to explain everything, sets realistic expectations, and truly cares about your outcome.
The only issue [at Washington University Fertility] was that I was billed in error for treatment covered by the arc loan program...Both the nurse Andrea and the secretary Mary Ann were so good throughout the entire process. They answered every question. Treated me with respect at all times and showed so much compassion.
How was your experience with Amber Cooper at Washington University School of Medicine?
She provided treatment that was custom to me and my body. She always made me feel like she cared. She answered every question I had without making me feel stupid for asking.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Amber Cooper at Washington University School of Medicine?
You can trust her 100%
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Amber Cooper at Washington University School of Medicine?
Describe the protocols Amber Cooper used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
Endometrial biopsy to test for endometritis and help improve implantation. Lupron, menopure, folystim, and trigger.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Andrea)
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The only issue was that I was billed in error for treatment covered by the arc loan program
Describe the costs associated with your care under Amber Cooper at Washington University School of Medicine.
Insurance covered some until I reached my lifetime max. Took out a loan from the arc program for about $12000 to cover a retrieval, fresh transfer, and frozen transfer
Amber Cooper

2013 - 2015, Successful
Dr. Jungheim is an incredible doctor. She treats her patients and their spouse with respect and compassion. She does not overpromise but offers enough encouraging words that, as a patient, you know that she is deeply invested in the outcome....I never felt rushed. I felt that the doctor truly understood - and had compassion for - the emotional toll this experience took on a person. We were never pressured to make a decision. Just given the facts and encouraged to make a personal choice at every turn.
The clinic [Washington University Fertility] is very clean and organized. My one even slightly negative comment would be the front desk had frequent turnover....The nursing staff - Karen for blood work (retired now) and Tracy for ultrasounds - was some of the best I have ever seen....I never felt rushed. I felt that the doctor [Dr. Emily Jungheim] truly understood - and had compassion for - the emotional toll this experience took on a person. We were never pressured to make a decision. Just given the facts and encouraged to make a personal choice at every turn.
You will not regret your choice!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic is very clean and organized. My one even slightly negative comment would be the front desk had frequent turnover.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Emily Jungheim at Washington University School of Medicine.
$15,000 all in; Our insurance covered $10,000
2011 - 2012, Unsuccessful
Dr. Rattes understood we had no insurance coverage and tried to do what was best for us within our financial means. She was very open and honest. She was not afraid to tell me my best option would be IVF and stop wasting my money on IUI's. She always gave me multiple options in the beginning and listed all the pros and cons of each option.... She was very kind and compassionate. She truly wanted to help us.
The nursing staff [at Washington University School of Medicine] was very pleasant and discrete when treating me. They understand that the situation is very personal and also upsetting to the patient.... The clinic is very up front with the cost of the procedures. They were willing to work with me on how to pay for my treatments. They facility was clean and had easy parking.
How was your experience with Valerie Ratts at Washington University School of Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Valerie Ratts at Washington University School of Medicine?
Definitely give her a try!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Valerie Ratts at Washington University School of Medicine?
She was very kind and compassionate. She truly wanted to help us.
Describe the protocols Valerie Ratts used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
Dr. Rattes started me with Clomid. She then prepared me for IUI. After it failed she recommended IVF.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Washington University School of Medicine.
The nursing staff was very pleasant and discrete when treating me. They understand that the situation is very personal and also upsetting to the patient.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Valerie Ratts at Washington University School of Medicine.
I did not have any insurance coverage for infertility so the cost were very high.
Valerie Ratts

2015, Successful
He [Dr. Omurtag] and his nurse both called me to talk with me directly on different occasions to make sure my concerns were answered. He would answer my patient portal messages directly, even when he was on vacation...He listened to all of my concerns and showed great empathy. He would discuss the current literature with me. He always helped me stay positive. He was genuinely concerned with my outcome...
Very friendly staff [at Wash U - CWE] and nice facilities...Andrea was beyond amazing. She always called me back right away and listened to my concerns...I was switched to the antagonist protocol after my egg quality was not great on the first cycle...
Trust Dr. Omurtag!
He and his nurse both called me to talk with me directly on different occasions to make sure my concerns were answered. He would answer my patient portal messages directly, even when he was on vacation.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Very friendly staff and nice facilities.
It was covered under insurance.

2014 - 2015, Successful
He [Dr Omurtag] would call on weekends to make sure I was doing ok on my meds. When I found out I had DOR after I tried donating my eggs to my sister, he literally said his stomach dropped when he read my diagnosis. He was hurting with us. That's when I knew he was the right doctor for me...Be open and honest. If you don't agree with an option he gives, let him know. He will work with you to find the best treatment possible and make sure you feel supported.
Friendly and cooperative. Difficult to get through to an actual person though. Almost always have to leave a message for them to call you back. But almost always very quickly back....He [Dr Omurtag] would call on weekends to make sure I was doing ok on my meds. When I found out I had DOR after I tried donating my eggs to my sister, he literally said his stomach dropped when he read my diagnosis.
He would call on weekends to make sure I was doing ok on my meds. When I found out I had DOR after I tried donating my eggs to my sister, he literally said his stomach dropped when he read my diagnosis. He was hurting with us. That's when I knew he was the right doctor for me.
He genuinely cared about my issues and our success.
Very friendly!
2015, Unknown Success
I have so much to say about doctor Odem and his group. They were absolutely fantastic...He spent hours in consults with me. When I was hospitalized, he came to see me every day for progress checks. His nurses knew me by more than just my chart. I had the best experience at Washington University in St. Louis.
I have so much to say about doctor Odem and his group [at Washington University in St. Louis Fertility]. They were absolutely fantastic...His nurses knew me by more than just my chart. I had the best experience at Washington University in St. Louis. I would suggest anyone looking into RE's to look into the St. Louis area.
How was your experience with Randall Odem at Washington University School of Medicine?
I have so much to say about doctor Odem and his group. They were absolutely fantastic. They took the time to take every single one of my phone calls. He spent hours in consults with me. When I was hospitalized, he came to see me every day for progress checks. His nurses knew me by more than just my chart. I had the best experience at Washington University in St. Louis. I would suggest anyone looking into RE's to look into the St. Louis area.
Randall Odem
St. Louis - Central West End

The tone in the way that the staff [at Washington University in St. Louis Fertility] and Dr. Keller talked to me showed that they had true compassion....Dr. Keller successfully got me pregnant and was a compassionate Doctor. Her nursing staff was also great!
How was your experience with Sarah Keller at Washington University School of Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sarah Keller at Washington University School of Medicine?
Utilize the patient portal, that is the fastest way to get a response
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sarah Keller at Washington University School of Medicine?
The tone in the way that the staff and dr. Keller talked to me showed that they had true compassion.
St. Louis - Central West End

I rarely saw or spoke with Jungheim. The care was through nurses. ... I never felt like she was involved in my care at all - or that she even knew any of the details. ... found her nice but behind in the medical literature...based on the outdated practices used in my care compared to the recommendations by ACOG and ASRM. ... She wanted to transfer all 3 but I refused as that is not recommended by ASRM
Wrong semen results. Poor protocols. [Washington University School of Medicine] Charged $2000 because we made more embryos than transferred. Never told prices after insurance despite asking. Incorrect billing to insurance - transfer and extra two days of incubation covered, not doctor or egg retrieval. Double billed for ultrasounds. ... With medication $31,000 for one cycle of IVF. We were not told this upfront ... The nurse was fine - she handled some of the IUIs and the phone calls. I often felt like she didn't have good answers to my questions but no real issues.
I rarely saw Dr. Jungheim despite being her patient. The model of care is centered on nurses and techs - you only see the doctor for initial consult and egg retrieval/transfers and there is no certainty you will get your doctor. I found her nice but behind in the medical literature and she certainly didn't seem like a world class IVF researcher (or Center of Excellence as WUSTL bills it) based on the outdated practices used in my care compared to the recommendations by ACOG and ASRM.
Go elsewhere - the people that have success here with IVF would likely conceive with monitored IUIs elsewhere.
Honestly, I rarely saw or spoke with Jungheim. The care was through nurses. I saw her for my initial visit, for a a visit after 3 failed IUIs, at egg retrieval, and at my fresh embryo transfer. She called once or twice - once after I left a furious message with the nurse when we were given the wrong man's sperm information and after I demanded a call when our embryo transfer failed. I never felt like she was involved in my care at all - or that she even knew any of the details. The few meetings we had felt like combat - I would come in having read all the recent literature and wanting standards of care based on current recommendations, and she would cite decade old research as justification for her decisions. IUIs were done with clomid and no monitoring. When I could not detect ovulation one month they did a vaginal ultrasound and found a cyst. I was not told about the cyst (I saw it when I requested my medical records) nor was it monitored in any way.
Describe the protocols Emily Jungheim used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
IUIs - 2 with clomid, no cycle monitoring. Test at home for ovulation using home predictor strips and call when positive. Bring in sample, it will be washed and inseminated by a nurse. Next 2 IUIs were with femera after I had a reaction to the clomid. IVF: long lupron. 15 days stim protocol. daily lupron, started with 3 vials menopur and gonal-f. I was told this is what they did for low AMH values. Doses were adjusted every 3rd day based on bloodwork and ultrasound scans. Triggered with IM HGH; egg retrieval followed. We retrieved 13 eggs, 10 mature, 3 fertilized and all 3 made it to day 3. Transfer: fresh embryo transfer on day 3. She wanted to transfer all 3 but I refused as that is not recommended by ASRM. We agreed to two. We had 8, 7, and 6 cell embryos; transferred 6 and 8 cell embryos and asked to continue growing the 7 cell to day 5 and freezing. We were told it would likely not make it. It did and we froze the embryo. And for this - our embryo having the audacity to live and me refusing to transfer above the ASRM recommendations we were charged $2000 in lab culture fees for the additional two days of growth.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Melanie or Molly? )
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Strengths - TV shows episodes of Great British Baking. I was really well monitored coming out of anesthesia following the egg retrieval and felt really well cared for. They kept me for more than a hour, made sure I could urinate, and just overall kept me well monitored. This was probably the best part of my experience with them. Weaknesses - IUIs are unmonitored and not likely to succeed. Cysts were not monitored. No communication with doctor outside of consults and those were few and far between. The biggest issues: 1) we had very low fertilization rates even with ICSI (next clinic 100% vs 30%). 2) 3 day fresh transfers are just not that common any more because all the data suggest that day 5 and frozen transfers are more likely to implant. Ultimately, we choose to move our remaining embryo to a different practice because we both were convinced WUSTL would kill the embryo and our chances of success with them would be low. Based on the numbers, they do numerous egg retrievals for each success and they have a biased clinic population towards younger (&lt;35 years old) women. Also, they gave us someone else's semen analysis. Finally: billing. We went to the WUSTL FRCM because it was the only clinic my insurance would cover. We had 10k in drugs and 10k in infertility. I got a pre-approval as required by the practice and the insurance company. I asked what our share would be when paying the $600 cycle deposit. I was told they couldn't tell me - it was against policy. We went ahead on good faith. That was a huge mistake. Our IVF cycle with them cost $31,000 including $12,000 in drugs. We were expected to pay the $11,000 difference at full rate - not a plan and not at the negotiated rate with our insurance company. It cost us more to do a cycle with WUSTL FRCM with insurance than with another clinic without insurance.
With medication $31,000 for one cycle of IVF. We were not told this upfront (had 20k insurance cap - 10 meds, 10 procedures). We were told after negative pregnancy test we owed $11,000 including $2000 in lab fees for making more embryos then were transferred.
Describe Emily Jungheim's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Washington University School of Medicine.
She transfers too many embryos too early.
What specific things went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine.
Wrong semen results. Poor protocols. Charged $2000 because we made more embryos than transferred. Never told prices after insurance despite asking. Incorrect billing to insurance - transfer and extra two days of incubation covered, not doctor or egg retrieval. Double billed for ultrasounds.
St. Louis - Central West End
[Dr. Sarah Keller's]Strengths- knowledgeable, kind, informative...After a fertility test, she recommended fibroid surgery. After surgery, she did further tests and recommended polyp removal. Each surgery has improved my quality of life greatly! No baby yet. We plan to continue surgeries and IVF after Covid-19 dies down...
[staff of Washington University School of Medicine]They are really good communicators. I never feel like a number. They’ve never messed up with billing and they’re always gracious...they are really good at drawing blood and they are very kind in the process...[nurses]They’re thorough and amazing...The costs are minimal, we have good insurance
Strengths- knowledgeable, kind, informative Weakness- It’s a lot to ask but I wish she understood a bit better how to relate to a 40-something very pro-life, patient. Some words are very triggering like “Viable fetus” or “products of conception”. A simple study of semantics could help patients process difficult news a bit better. Again, no judgment here, just a suggestion...She’s awesome!
Listen to her advice, she’s a professional who cares.
She’s amazing! I love Dr. Keller. She’s brilliant, informative, and helpful
Describe the protocols Sarah Keller used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
They’re thorough and amazing!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
They’re clean and organized. They are really good communicators. I never feel like a number. They’ve never messed up with billing and they’re always gracious. Also, I have very little veins. And they are really good at drawing blood and they are very kind in the process. You’ll love it!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sarah Keller at Washington University School of Medicine.
The costs are minimal, we have good insurance. The fertility stuff isn’t covered so we are preparing for that big financial hit.
Describe Sarah Keller's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Washington University School of Medicine.
No comments
St. Louis - Central West End
Dr. Keller was very nice & compassionate. I had a traumatic experience with her just because I was not expecting my only options would be egg donor or adoption...We did one round of clomid & I developed a cyst so we stopped it. She told me we could try clomid for another 6 months but it was very unlikely I would get pregnant on my own. I was not a candidate for IVF as my fsh was too high...
I did not have a lot of interaction with the [WU School of Medicine] nursing staff. Dr Keller called me most of the time. But whenever I did have to call the nursing staff, they were very responsive & prompt...The clinic is very kind & prompt with replies. I think they’re very straightforward with wanting to do IVF. They do not take a holistic approach at all so if this is important to you I would look somewhere else.
Dr. Keller was very nice & compassionate. I had a traumatic experience with her just because I was not expecting my only options would be egg donor or adoption. She also is very one track minded. I’ve had ulcerative colitis for years which she did not correlate to effecting my fertility which is mostly definitely has been the cause of my infertility. I would like to see her take a more holistic approach & study the causes of infertility more.
She’s very kind but very regimented.
Dr Keller was very kind & compassionate. She delivered hard news & was very gentle about it.
We did one round of clomid & I developed a cyst so we stopped it. She told me we could try clomid for another 6 months but it was very unlikely I would get pregnant on my own. I was not a candidate for IVF as my fsh was too high so my only two options going forward was egg donor or adoption.
I did not have a lot of interaction with the nursing staff. Dr Keller called me most of the time. But whenever I did have to call the nursing staff, they were very responsive & prompt. I had no complaints regarding them.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
I did not get to this part. My consultation fee was not too high.
Did not get this far.
St. Louis - Central West End

[Dr. Kenan Omurtag] was a good doctor. I felt he could have been more willing to really Go for tailoring my meds but held back. He is honest and trustworthy with a good sense of humor. My only criticism really was he seemed a little passive at times...He agrees with multiples which was awesome but didn't work for us...Be pushy and stay on him about what you really want!! Hes a great guy.
The nurses [at Washington University School of Medicine] didn't follow the doctors instructions and called in the wrong meds leading to a cycle being cancelled. Called to badger me about coming in for shot that was unnecessary...a mess...Everyone was kind and helpful. Be careful about walking around you may get overwhelmed with answers and insights from staff. Staff are uber excited to help. Open on weekends and cheerful to boot. Very very helpful and interested in educating the clients.
Kenan was a good doctor. I felt he could have been more willing to really Go for tailoring my meds but held back. He is honest and trustworthy with a good sense of humor. My only criticism really was he seemed a little passive at times.
Be pushy and stay on him about what you really want!! Hes a great guy.
The nurses often got directives confused.
I doubt I could accurately recall the details
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Forget but she was the best things fell apart when she left)
Crappy confused the prescriptions more than once caused a cycle to be cancelled
Exuberant
Describe Kenan Omurtag's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Washington University School of Medicine.
He agrees with multiples which was awesome but didn't work for us.
What specific things went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine?
The nurses didn't follow the doctors instructions and called in the wrong meds leading to a cycle being cancelled. Called to badger me about coming in for shot that was unnecessary...a mess
St. Louis - Central West End

Staff [at Washington University School of Medicine] is friendly on arrival. When I was there they were transitioning computer charting, so everyone was confused. When making initial appointment, found it difficult to get through. When doing the financial clearance portion, found it difficult to get a callback...Dr Jungheim explained every detail of the IVF process and the steps we would be taking next. She was very knowledgeable and transparent. She was compassionate and had great bedside manner. She looks at all treatment options and decides what would work best for you. When a test result showed something we weren’t expecting, she had a plan be to use if needed. I am not through my IVF cycle, but have had a great experience with Dr. Jungheim this far.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Staff is friendly on arrival. When I was there they were transitioning computer charting, so everyone was confused. When making initial appointment, found it difficult to get through. When doing the financial clearance portion, found it difficult to get a callback.
2021, Successful
While he [Dr. Omurtag] was always straightforward, it was never indifferent or cold. His manner and encouragement was so appreciated during such a stressful time...He is very thorough and wants to have all the information before presenting the best options customized for you. Be prepared for a variety of tests for both you and your partner...Recalls details of previous discussions...about 6 months of trying to conceive without success, Dr Omurtag then requested my partner be evaluated and placed me on letrozole. Luckily this only required one cycle to conceive
[Washington University School of Medicine] staff were responsive, proactive, informative, and straight forward. Facility had an easy off campus location in CWE with parking so no worries about navigating through Barnes campus...Responded to messaged questions within hours and test results always same day...team walked me through home testing and lab work thereafter ever step of the way...Such a wonderful and supportive experience...
Dr Omurtag and his staff were incredible. Responded to messaged questions within hours and test results always same day. We had a few set backs and bumps along the way. While he was always straightforward, it was never indifferent or cold. His manner and encouragement was so appreciated during such a stressful time.
Recalls details of previous discussions.
Following several tests to evaluate my fertility r/t age, adjustments to my medications, and the addition of home ovulations tests, and about 6 months of trying to conceive without success, Dr Omurtag then requested my partner be evaluated and placed me on letrozole. Luckily this only required one cycle to conceive. His team walked me through home testing and lab work thereafter ever step of the way. I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks and again at 7 weeks prior to him releasing me back to my OB for care. Such a wonderful and supportive experience. Hopefully will not have to return but 10/10 recommend!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jesse)
Incredibly responsive and patient with all questions. Such an asset to the team!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
MD and staff were responsive, proactive, informative, and straight forward. Facility had an easy off campus location in CWE with parking so no worries about navigating through Barnes campus. No complaints.
The hysterosalpingogram and ultrasound were expensive and maxed out my insurance copay. The genetic testing was also out of pocket. Total spent was likely $1200.
St. Louis - Central West End

During the initial consultation he was very well informed about our process already and had a game plan already in place for our experience with his clinic [Washington University - St. Louis]. He focused on our issues and I felt like he was a lot more willing to tailor the process to our specific needs, unlike our previous doctor. He went over everything in great detail, allowed us time to ask questions, and was just wonderful to work with the entire time. He genuinely cares about his patients and the outcome of their treatment.
Everything is in one spot, they get you in and out in a timely manner while still preforming the best they can. Every single person I came in contact with had such a positive attitude and was so pleasant to work with. I loved the entire staff [Washington University - St. Louis]! ... They treated me with the utmost respect and care that I needed during this difficult process. ... The nursing staff was wonderful. They made no mistakes and went over everything with me thoroughly.
I came to Dr. Omurtag after we had a very bad experience with another local fertility specialist after a failed IVF cycle. He also came highly recommended by coworkers. During the initial consultation he was very well informed about our process already and had a game plan already in place for our experience with his clinic. He focused on our issues and I felt like he was a lot more willing to tailor the process to our specific needs, unlike our previous doctor. He went over everything in great detail, allowed us time to ask questions, and was just wonderful to work with the entire time. He genuinely cares about his patients and the outcome of their treatment. I have already recommended him to friends, and will return to him later on for additional treatment when needed. Best fertility doctor ever!
As hard as the entire process is, try to relax and trust that this fertility clinic has your best interest at heart.
Everyone I came in contact with at this clinic was absolutely wonderful. They treated me with the utmost respect and care that I needed during this difficult process. I couldn't say more positive things about the entire staff, they were perfect!
We did a full IVF procedure. I went in for a sonohyst to check my ovarian reserve, everything went great. They then started me on birth control pills after my next period, which I took for 3 weeks. I started Lupron 4 days before my birth control ended, then added in Gonal F, and Menopur later on. We did the trigger shot and then egg retrieval, and a 5 day fresh transfer.
The nursing staff was wonderful. They made no mistakes and went over everything with me thoroughly. They were great to work with and had my best interest at heart. Loved them!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
I have been to more than one fertility clinic, and I have to say, this one was the absolute best, hands down. Everything is in one spot, they get you in and out in a timely manner while still preforming the best they can. Every single person I came in contact with had such a positive attitude and was so pleasant to work with. I loved the entire staff!
$600ish with insurance benefits, also we has already met our deductible for the year
2017 - 2021, Successful
after meeting with him [Dr. Omurtag], I knew he had my best interest at heart and that he would exhaust every avenue to help me in my journey. He and his staff are very organized, personable, caring, kind, and understanding...I always felt informed and included on all aspects of my care. It was always comforting to know that I was a priority and that there was always a plan in terms of my care...
Everyone [at Washington University School of Medicine] was supportive, encouraging, organized, understanding, and helpful. I never felt alone and was always included in communications about my care...He [Dr. Omurtag] and his staff are very organized, personable, caring, kind, and understanding...I always felt informed and included on all aspects of my care. It was always comforting to know that I was a priority and that there was always a plan in terms of my care...
I was extremely impressed with Dr. Omurtag and his staff. Prior to coming to them, I was doubtful I would ever reach my goal of having children. However, after meeting with him, I knew he had my best interest at heart and that he would exhaust every avenue to help me in my journey. He and his staff are very organized, personable, caring, kind, and understanding. Thanks to them, I have two beautiful babies.
Trust the process.
I always felt informed and included on all aspects of my care. It was always comforting to know that I was a priority and that there was always a plan in terms of my care. I was never in doubt that I was receiving the best care.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
I can only talk about the strengths. Everyone was supportive, encouraging, organized, understanding, and helpful. I never felt alone and was always included in communications about my care. I would recommend them to anyone needing fertility assistance.
2016 - 2020, Successful
They [Washington University] are great at communicating with you, easy to get a hold of and very quick to respond to any messages. They handled IVF through the pandemic wonderfully. Patients need to know your provider might not do your actual retrieval or transfer, but they are all wonderful...He [Dr. Kenan Omurtag] was extremely honest and great with communication, especially with going through IVF during the pandemic. Would highly recommend him. He always puts the patient first and it's nice when he responds to questions personally...Always easy to get a hold of them. They were also very quick to return calls or messages... ..
He was extremely honest and great with communication, especially with going through IVF during the pandemic. Would highly recommend him. He always puts the patient first and it's nice when he responds to questions personally.
Trust your healthcare provider
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kathy and Jessie)
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
They are great at communicating with you, easy to get a hold of and very quick to respond to any messages. They handled IVF through the pandemic wonderfully. Patients need to know your provider might not do your actual retrieval or transfer, but they are all wonderful.

2020, Unknown Success
Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
Dr. Omurtag spent over an hour on Zoom with me explaining all the details of the fertility medications, retrieval process, etc. he was very well-informed and constantly asked if we had any questions. He also drew out pictures to make things very clear. He set me up with his nurse who has been in constant contact with me since...helped facilitate my treatment with another doctor due to Covid-19. He wanted the best care for me and allowed me to do ultrasounds and bloodwork in my hometown, rather than drive 2 hours to his clinic. He reassured me that I was getting great care and answered all my questions clearly.
The cost of one egg retrieval [at Washington University School of Medicine] and making them into embryos is approximately $8,000. They have suggested I do two cycles because after my cancer treatment, I may not be able to conceive naturally. Storing the frozen embryos is approximately $450 a year...Everyone is very organized and kind. The clinic has excellent communication skills and all questions are clearly answered. They make you feel like you belong and aren’t just another patient at the clinic. They care about you.
Dr. Omurtag helped facilitate my treatment with another doctor due to Covid-19. He wanted the best care for me and allowed me to do ultrasounds and bloodwork in my hometown, rather than drive 2 hours to his clinic. He reassured me that I was getting great care and answered all my questions clearly.
He is very informative and friendly. He makes sure you understand everything and doesn’t move on if you have questions.
I am on an antagonist cycle. I’m doing 3 injectable medications daily. I get ultrasounds and bloodwork done approximately every other day. He updated my online profile very quickly so I know the results of my lab tests.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Mary)
Mary has called me nearly every day with updates, advice, or just to check in. She’s been absolutely amazing and has answered any and all questions that I have. She is readily available at all times. She got me set up with several programs so my medications would be cheaper. She is in contact with the fertility doctors in my hometown so I have appointments when necessary and get results quickly. I’d be lost without Mary!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The cost of one egg retrieval and making them into embryos is approximately $8,000. They have suggested I do two cycles because after my cancer treatment, I may not be able to conceive naturally. Storing the frozen embryos is approximately $450 a year. Medications not covered by grants were approximately $600.
St. Louis - Missouri Baptist Med Center

be assured that if it doesn't work the first time, Dr Omurtag will review and adjust to try again...my first cycle was a short protocol, with 9 days of stim medications of Gonal-f, Menopur, and cetrotide. we retrieved 9 eggs, but most of them were not mature. the 2nd cycle we changed to a long agonist protocol with lupron, Gonal-F, and Menopur. we retrieved 17 eggs, 15 were mature...our 1st cycle we transferred 2, because of the low quality and low numbers we retrieved. the 2nd time, because we had so many embryos, we only transferred 1
everyone was always on the same page for my care [at Washington University School of Medicine], and where is was in my treatment, as well as having full knowledge of any information given or questions asked. i never had to repeat myself, or remind anyone on the team where i was with treatment, or what had been talked about previously...most of my monitoring was done at a secondary location, but all appointments were quick, in and out.
with this clinic, its a group effort, so while i may not have seen my direct doctor, i was always aware of who would be handling each procedure. i was introduced to each doctor, and everything was explained in detail, with a chance to ask questions and confirm understanding. i never waited for a doctor to show up.
be assured that if it doesn't work the first time, Dr Omurtag will review and adjust to try again with success .
my first name was used at all times, without referring to paperwork to ensure it was correct. i was given a voice in all transactions, and decisions were made with me, not for me.
everyone was always on the same page for my care, and where is was in my treatment, as well as having full knowledge of any information given or questions asked. i never had to repeat myself, or remind anyone on the team where i was with treatment, or what had been talked about previously
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
the clinic is highly organized, and efficient. the only downside for me personally was that they were over 200 miles away from where i live. a lot of communication had to be done by phone, text or patientchart. there was never a lack of communication, even with that being true.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Washington University School of Medicine.
most of my costs were covered by insurance, but it was hard to nail down an exact number, or cost for anything. i contacted billing several times without an answer. if i were paying out of pocket, this would have been very concerning.
St. Louis - Missouri Baptist Med Center

Dr Jaminez is clear on what is safe. She also understands our wants and needs and we come to a happy end result of how many to transfer...called to personally talk to us. She always remembered who we were, remembered our personalities, and our expectations...She is friendly, caring, professional...The 2nd IVF cycle resulted in 5 day 5 embryos. We transferred 2 fresh embryos and neither of those resulted in a pregnancy. We are currently waiting to proceed with a FET.
We transferred 2 fresh embryos [at Washington University School of Medicine] and neither of those resulted in a pregnancy. We are currently waiting to proceed with a FET...She [nurse] responds to calls and emails quickly. She goes above her job duties and even met me with some medication when there was an issue with our prescription provider so our cycle wouldn't be canceled...FET will cost right under $5,000. The office gave me a breakdown of the costs.
She is friendly, caring, professional. She listens to our needs, wants, desires. She also is clear on what the right path is, safely, for mother and potential babies. There is good communication and understanding from both patient and doctor.
You dont see Dr Jaminez at every appointment. You mostly are in contact with her nursing staff, but they are in constant contact with the dr. They are the best!
Dr Jaminez called to personally talk to us. She always remembered who we were, remembered our personalities, and our expectations.
I have done 2 long analytical cycles for IVF. The first resulted in 3 day 5 embryos. We transferred 2 fresh embryos that didnt take. We went right into a FET, that didnt take either. The 2nd IVF cycle resulted in 5 day 5 embryos. We transferred 2 fresh embryos and neither of those resulted in a pregnancy. We are currently waiting to proceed with a FET.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Denice)
Denice is AMAZING!!!! She responds to calls and emails quickly. She goes above her job duties and even met me with some medication when there was an issue with our prescription provider so our cycle wouldn't be canceled. She's the BEST!!!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic is great. They have a team of doctors that meet every Tuesday afternoon to discuss the weeks cases and review any upcoming cycles. I honestly cant think of any weakness. They are all so friendly and caring.
I had great insurance for my first 2 retrievals and transfers, so our costs were minimal compared to others. Right now I have new insurance and am fighting to get treatment approved. If it is not, a FET will cost right under $5,000. The office gave me a breakdown of the costs.
Describe Patricia Jimenez's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Washington University School of Medicine.
Patricia Jimenez

2015 - 2019, Successful
I have nothing but positive things to say about Dr Omurtag and his staff.... AMAZING!!! If there were set backs (as in my case there often were), he explained why a procedure needed to be taken care of... I wasn't just another patient. He wanted to know about my husband, about me, what we have tried. Thoroughly explained risks involved of egg donor... LOVE THIS MAN FOR NOT GIVING UP ON AN OLDER COUPLE who had tried for 9 years to have a baby!!!!
Everyone [Washington University] worked as a team whether it was through emails, phone calls or in person. No questions were left unanswered, calls were returned within 24 hours.... nothing but positive. communication was excellent, everyone remembered our names, impressive... After the birth of our son, Dr Omurtag made it a point to call me and see how we ALL were doing
I have nothing but positive things to say about Dr Omurtag and his staff.... AMAZING!!! If there were set backs (as in my case there often were), he explained why a procedure needed to be taken care of (polyps removed from uterus, EKG b/c of an irregular heart beat etc) before moving on to the next step in process. I NEVER felt these findings were a way for the company to get more money, rather they were concerns he had that needed to be examined before he felt confident enough to proceed to ensure I would be able to carry a healthy baby full term.
trust him, he knows what he is doing and will not give you poor advice or sugar coat the risks. He gives you all the information you need to make an informed decision.
I wasn't just another patient. He wanted to know about my husband, about me, what we have tried. Thoroughly explained risks involved of egg donor. Did not sugar coat anything yet was considerate of IUI we have tried in past with another fertility dr. He and his staff were always always available to answer any questions no matter how trivial. Wanted updates once baby was born, even asked if we could have a family picture with him! LOVE THIS MAN FOR NOT GIVING UP ON AN OLDER COUPLE who had tried for 9 years to have a baby!!!!
My husband and I met with the his consultants first to review costs. Once that was complete we then saw Dr Omurtag who went in depth on different types of procedures he could try. Since my husband and I had tried for 6 years to have a child (with a fertility clinic in TN) he told us he would not put us/me through that again, he would not try IVF since we had not had success. Our option was egg donor. Once we made that choice we had to meet with a team of specialist to see if we/I were physically and mentally ready for the process. After I was cleared a battery of tests began (continual labs, weekly/monthy ultrasounds, sonohysterogram, removal of polyps), daily pills, patches and injections needed to be administered until I was finally ready for embryo transfer. 9 months later: SUCCESS!!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: I really do not remember her name)
Again, nothing but positive. communication was excellent, everyone remembered our names, impressive
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Everyone worked as a team whether it was through emails, phone calls or in person. No questions were left unanswered, calls were returned within 24 hours. After the birth of our son, Dr Omurtag made it a point to call me and see how we ALL were doing (his nurse didn't call me, the receptionist didn't call me, HE did and any time a dr makes it a point to pick up the phone and place a call him/her self speaks volumes for the care he provides his patients)
for the process my husband and went through I felt it was reasonable. Because insurance did not cover much, most was out of pocket and payment options were made available to us.
Due to my age, only 3 eggs were transferred. We are trying for baby number 2 and this time he is telling me only 1 egg will be transferred. This Dr is phenomenal, always takes his patient's health and safety into consideration before doing whatever the patient wants.