St. Louis - Central West End
314-286-2400
3023 N. Ballas Road
St. Louis, MO 63131
314-286-2400

From the start Dr Omurtag gave us hope. He was kind, caring, and attentive. He answered all of our questions. He told us what we needed to know up front. He didn’t perform my egg retrieval but he stopped in to check on me, which was very nice. He also personally called me after my first negative test to discuss how I was doing and where to go next.... My protocol was pretty standard. With it being male factor infertility i didn’t have to do a lot of extra stuff. I took 3 different medications over a 10 day period.
We really liked this clinic [Washington U]. It was clean, professional, and everyone was friendly and caring. Sometimes we had to wait a little while for our appointment but that comes with most doctor offices. Our only downfall was trying to find a parking spot.... I was very pleased overall with Kathy, Jessie, and the rest of the care team. They always got back to me right away and answered all my questions. I could tell Kathy was upset when she had to tell me my first blood test was negative.
How was your experience with Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine?
You won’t see him for every visit but he is aware of what’s going on and is still keeping up with your progress.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine?
I definitely felt like a human, not a number. Dr Omurtag and everyone there were so helpful and caring.
Describe the protocols Kenan Omurtag used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
My protocol was pretty standard. With it being male factor infertility i didn’t have to do a lot of extra stuff. I took 3 different medications over a 10 day period. I took cetrotide and was allergic to it, they had me take Benadryl with it. I almost overstimulated so I did have to take pills for that and up my fluids.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kathy )
I was very pleased overall with Kathy, Jessie, and the rest of the care team. They always got back to me right away and answered all my questions. I could tell Kathy was upset when she had to tell me my first blood test was negative. She cared about me and my feelings.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
We really liked this clinic. It was clean, professional, and everyone was friendly and caring. Sometimes we had to wait a little while for our appointment but that comes with most doctor offices. Our only downfall was trying to find a parking spot. Usually the reserved spots were open but sometimes we had to park somewhere else and hope we didn’t get a ticket.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine.
We were fortunate that our insurance covered fertility treatments. With 2 rounds of IVF and doing ICSI we paid about $2500 out of pocket.
Describe Kenan Omurtag's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Washington University School of Medicine.
For our first transfer, we saw Dr Odem and he recommended transferring 2 embryos. He explained why and we agreed, however, it was unsuccessful. The second transfer we transferred one embryo which resulted in a positive blood test.
St. Louis - Missouri Baptist Med Center

He [Dr. Kenan Omurtag] discovered that one of my thyroid levels (which can cause infertility and mc) was within the normal range but a little high in the normal range. He started me on some thyroid medicine, I had my tubes checked and within a month I was pregnant. I truly believe that small adjustment to my thyroid was what did it. Other doctors may have dismissed this bc it was still within the normal range but Dr. Omurtag saw beyond that.
I expect a response within a day but these girls [staff at Washington University School of Medicine] are on it. Most of the time they would email or call me back within an hour or less. I am grateful for all they have done!...I was super impressed with the communication between everyone and their organization...It was very clean and the lady who did my u/s 2x was super nice and experienced!
YES! He is great at what he does and you can tell in his heart he wants to help you get pregnant!
From the beginning, Dr. Omurtag was kind, easy to talk to and very thorough. His staff reflects this, they are just as incredible! He discovered that one of my thyroid levels (which can cause infertility and mc) was within the normal range but a little high in the normal range. He started me on some thyroid medicine, I had my tubes checked and within a month I was pregnant. I truly believe that small adjustment to my thyroid was what did it. Other doctors may have dismissed this bc it was still within the normal range but Dr. Omurtag saw beyond that. Dr Omurtag's staff, Jessie and Kathy, are KICK ASS! I expect a response within a day but these girls are on it. Most of the time they would email or call me back within an hour or less. I am grateful for all they have done!
He gave me options, we could very aggressive and go straight to invitro or go a slower route. I decided to go an even slower route than what he offered which he was completely supportive of! Month 1 consisted of starting thyroid medicine and having my tubes flushed, then me and my husband trying spontaneously. If that did not work the next month I was going to start Clomid but we did not get to that point :) He discovered that one of my thyroid levels (which can cause infertility and mc) was within the normal range but a little high in the normal range. He started me on some thyroid medicine, I had my tubes checked and within a month I was pregnant. I truly believe that small adjustment to my thyroid was what did it. Other doctors may have dismissed this bc it was still within the normal range but Dr. Omurtag saw beyond that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jessie and Kathy)
Dr Omurtag's staff, Jessie and Kathy, are KICK ASS! I expect a response within a day but these girls are on it. Most of the time they would email or call me back within an hour or less. I am grateful for all they have done! I was super impressed with the communication between everyone and their organization.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
There's not much to say about this. It's a clinic and I loved my doctor and his nurses! It was very clean and the lady who did my u/s 2x was super nice and experienced! It was very clean and the lady who did my u/s 2x was super nice and experienced!
My us and tube cleaning was not covered by my insurance, it was 280 for the u/s and 720 for the tube cleaning.

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
Washington University Physicians Department of reproductive endocrinology has a very impersonal approach to IVF. You are unlikely to go through the cycle with your chosen doctor, they will not customize a protocol or attempt to think outside the box to fix your protocol if your body is not reacting like it's supposed to. If your body doesn't react like a normal person's body, you will not get pregnant with this Clinic.... My PPO insurance does cover infertility.
Dr.Omurtag seems like a nice guy, but at the core of it he really does not care if you get pregnant or not. When we first saw this doctor we were essentially told that we had a greater than 60% chance of success for one cycle of IVF and that most likely since it was male Factor infertility we were battling one cycle would be all it would take. Our first cycle of IVF they retrieved 13 eggs, only 4 were mature, and only one embryo was created. Dr. Omurtag brushed this off as a fluke and we tried again. Washington University only has certain set protocols in place, they do not customize a protocol for the way your body reacts. If you don't fit perfectly into the box then you are not going to have success at this Clinic. Additionally, the doctor making decisions about your care is going to be whatever doctor happens to be on call for IVF that week and they may not know your case or your history at all.
Don't.
This doctor made flippant remarks about how it's all a numbers game and we only need one embryo implying that there's no use trying for more than one
My first cycle of IVF was a long Agonist protocol. We did Lupron for 10 days I think, followed by stimulation with follistim and menopur. I triggered with HCG for my retrieval. My second cycle of IVF was different, I did not use Lupron at all instead they had me simulate with follistim and menopur and ganirelix was used towards the end with an HCG trigger
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
My PPO insurance does cover infertility. The Physician and anesthesiologist fees are prepaid before they will schedule your cycle and it was $600 even. They have a surgical room attached to their office and it bills you as a free-standing Surgical Center for Missouri Baptist and my 20% coinsurance was over $2,800 for one cycle
St. Louis - Missouri Baptist Med Center

I think we only saw Dr. Ratts maybe twice out of the many many visits that we made there. And I don't know that we ever actually spoke to her on the phone in between visits....She just was very hard to get ahold of, and I felt like she really didn't know that much about us or really want or try to get to know us personally. And I definitely didn't feel a lot of compassion from her.... Dr. Ratts was nice, and was pretty informative our very first visit,
The clinic [Wash U ] was not great at all honestly. We definitely felt like a number there... The nurses, other than Mary...were incredibly hard to get a hold of! The billing people were almost impossible to talk to you unless of course they were trying to get money from you... And making an appointment was very very difficult! Honestly, the receptionist was the best thing about the whole place!... Good news or bad news Mary was the one to call us.
How was your experience with Valerie Ratts at Washington University School of Medicine?
Dr. Ratts was nice, and was pretty informative our very first visit, but we really never saw her again after that. She just was very hard to get ahold of, and I felt like she really didn't know that much about us or really want or try to get to know us personally. And I definitely didn't feel a lot of compassion from her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Valerie Ratts at Washington University School of Medicine?
Be prepared to see her one time and one time only.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Valerie Ratts at Washington University School of Medicine?
Not necessarily a number, but probably definitely not a human either. I think we only saw Dr. Ratts maybe twice out of the many many visits that we made there. And I don't know that we ever actually spoke to her on the phone in between visits.
Describe the protocols Valerie Ratts used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
We did a couple rounds of oral medications, none of which were successful. So then we switched to injectables, and did an IUI cycle. It was successful but unfortunately ended in miscarriage.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Mary)
Mary was our nurse throughout our whole treatment Journey with Dr. Ratts. And honestly she felt more like the doctor than Dr. Ratts. If something changed, Mary was the one to call us. Good news or bad news Mary was the one to call us. And Mary was actually the one who performed our IUI. She was a very good nurse, and very very knowledgeable. Not necessarily super compassionate, but very smart and knowledgeable and informative.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic was not great at all honestly. We definitely felt like a number there... The nurses, other than Mary...were incredibly hard to get a hold of! The billing people were almost impossible to talk to you unless of course they were trying to get money from you... And making an appointment was very very difficult! Honestly, the receptionist was the best thing about the whole place! She was so sweet, and knew both my husband and my name every time we walked in. She learned little things about us and would always ask us personal questions, in a good way...about our life and just was always so kind and friendly. If she was the doctor, nurse, or represented everyone else in the clinic, I would give this place a 10 out of 10!
Describe Valerie Ratts's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Washington University School of Medicine.
What specific things went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine?
Valerie Ratts
2015, Successful
[Dr. Kenan Omurtag] is a very nice, enthusiastic doctor who really cares about his patients. He was very detailed and answered any questions we had along the way. He figured out what was wrong with me my very first visit. If it wasn't for him, we probably never would have know I had a unicornate uterus or have any children...First, I had an ultrasound to look at my uterus. I just had an hsg so we looked at the xrays. I had a saline ultrasound to determine how they would get to where they needed to implant. I also had an outpatient surgery to open up my cervix I believe I was on the long agonist protocol. I had to take birth control for 1 month before I began the meds. Everything worked out good and I had day 5 embryos with 38 eggs retrieved. I had 13 embryos frozen and 1 embryo implanted. It took and we have a healthy baby boy.
Kenan is a very nice, enthusiastic doctor who really cares about his patients. He was very detailed and answered any questions we had along the way. He figured out what was wrong with me my very first visit. If it wasn't for him, we probably never would have know I had a unicornate uterus or have any children.
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
He treated us like a person and was very compassionate and real with process
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Washington University School of Medicine.
They took the time to answer all my questions and were very compassionate towards me.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
One of the secretaries wasn't very nice when answering questions or over billing issues. It was not the one with brown curly hair, she remembered us and was very nice.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Washington University School of Medicine.
First come first serve. We arrived the time the doors open and usually only had to wait briefly.
He worked very well with Blue Cross out of Illinois. Out of the total of around 30k billed for everything including drug cost we were only responsible for around 2500 bucks plus 700 a year for embryo storage for our frozen embryos.
2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr. Omurtag has been great...we lost our last baby in March of 2018 since then he has been available for any questions i have had about donor embryos and the adoption process...they have determined that my eggs and embryos were not good :( while this is a very hard thing to take I have enjoyed greatly working with Dr. Omurtag when i ask a question about a certain site he will do the research and give me his honest thoughts on the site and has been there to walk us through the process.
The staff [at Washington University School of Medicine] is great very friendly and want to make you as comfortable as possible. The facility is very clean this is a learning/teaching hospital and so there will be a lot of people involved in your care but the whole place is good I only wish my result could have been different and that we had better results with our embryos...There were times i felt like Kathy didnt care but other times you could hear in her voice that she wanted better results
Dr. Omurtag has been great we lost our last baby in March of 2018 since then he has been available for any questions i have had about donor embryos and the adoption process they have determined that my eggs and embryos were not good :( while this is a very hard thing to take I have enjoyed greatly working with Dr. Omurtag when i ask a question about a certain site he will do the research and give me his honest thoughts on the site and has been there to walk us through the process.
Be patient when waiting for responses he will respond within a couple of days but he is also doing his research and often responds late so you know that you are important to him
Dr. Omurtag made sure that i was fully aware of the process and what was happening to me as well as what to expect he took time to make sure that all my questions were answered and understood. Never once did we feel rushed in and out of the office we were always given the time needed to understand and for the processes
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kathy)
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The staff is great very friendly and want to make you as comfortable as possible. The facility is very clean this is a learning/teaching hospital and so there will be a lot of people involved in your care but the whole place is good I only wish my result could have been different and that we had better results with our embryos.

2014 - 2015, Successful
I love how Dr. Omurtag would explain the course of treatment and would usually say it 3 times giving me time to process things and think of any questions I might have. He was always positive in things even if the course of treatment had to change or there was some kind of road block that came up. I always left his office feeling fully informed and having hope that things would work out in the end. Dr. Omurtag has an amazing bedside manner and genuinely cares for his patients. :)...
I would have to schedule my appointment [at Wash U - MO Bapt] within a few hours in the morning. If I had to wait for my turn, it was usually a short wait under 10 min. To get the ultrasound and blood work done, I was usually in and out within 30 min. I usually had results back via a phone call within 2 or 3 hours... They [nurses] were all very friendly and helpful...
You are in amazing hands. Trust him completely.
Dr. Omurtag was very caring and took his time to explain things to me and what my options were. He kept track of me even when I wasn't seeing him at the time. When he found out we had our son, he personally called me to congratulate us. Dr. Omurtag has an amazing bedside manner.
They were all very friendly and helpful.
I would have to schedule my appointment within a few hours in the morning. If I had to wait for my turn, it was usually a short wait under 10 min. To get the ultrasound and blood work done, I was usually in and out within 30 min. I usually had results back via a phone call within 2 or 3 hours.
Most of my costs were covered by my insurance. I was only responsible for about 10% of the bill
2015 - 2017, Successful
He [Dr. Kenan Omurtag] is quick and to the point and always asks my partner how she feels. He even called after the baby was born to congratulate us and see how we were doing. He remembers your name and creates personal conversation with you. Where are you from....what do you like and dislike. Really an awesome down to earth guy...Everything was timing related. If there was an option he would clearly lay out the pros and cons and then let you decide. Very knowledgeable
The service there [Washington University] was always amazing. As many patients as they have...I always felt like I was the only one everytime...You always get a call back the same day you leave a message. I've always been able to get good appts and they always describe what to expect prior to arrival. Waiting time is very minimal. Front desk is always super nice and personable...Everyone is friendly and seems to know their job. They are always busy but never seem stressed. They always speak or smile no matter what
He is quick and to the point and always asks my partner how she feels. He even called after the baby was born to congratulate us and see how we were doing. He remembers your name and creates personal conversation with you. Where are you from....what do you like and dislike. Really an awesome down to earth guy
Trust him
The service there was always amazing. As many patients as they have...I always felt like I was the only one everytime
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
I am military and had to pay out of pocket for all of my services
I had the option to move 2 due to my age. We discussed it and I ultimately said you are the dr. If this was you...what would you do. We got our answer and made our decision and everything worked out wonderfully
St. Louis - Missouri Baptist Med Center
Instead of seeing a PA or a NP for the initial consultation, I met with Dr. Omurtag and he completed every step of the appointment. Since then, he has always been directly involved in the care that occurred at the appointments....Dr. Omurtag was willing to work with my husband and I as we struggled with insurance coverage through the state of Illinois. There was not a time that he was unwilling to consider alternative treatment options to meet our needs of starting a family....
The clinic [Wash U - Mo Bap] did not have a long waiting list, which was extremely important to me as time was not on our side. They are always willing to discuss appointments and information when I would call outside the appointments....Instead of seeing a PA or a NP for the initial consultation, I met with Dr. Omurtag and he completed every step of the appointment. Since then, he has always been directly involved in the care that occurred at the appointments.
Ask as many questions you would like, he is very knowledgeable!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic did not have a long waiting list, which was extremely important to me as time was not on our side. They are always willing to discuss appointments and information when I would call outside the appointments.
I am unsure of the actual costs from the treatments thus far. But I am a state of Illinois insurance carrier and he was more than willing to work with us even in the condition of the state of Illinois and not receiving payment for services. Other options were available to us.
St. Louis - Missouri Baptist Med Center
Emily Jungheim was a very caring and unique understanding person.. Very professional and made sure you left her with no misunderstanding!! I loved my experience with her and would choose her again!!! The nurses were extremely help, kind and understanding I just love everything about this place...My doctor made sure I understood what my choices was and what was in my best health...Felt very safe in this clinic [WashU] and would go to it again
Very friendly and understanding [Washington University Nurses] made sure my feelings came first....Had no problems with them communication was very well handled . They made sure you understood all questions and concerns!! The clinic was clean and well kept and no problems finding their location. Was going under a little construction but wasn’t a problem! Felt very safe in this clinic and would go to it again..
How was your experience with Emily Jungheim at Washington University School of Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Emily Jungheim at Washington University School of Medicine?
Listen to everything she says because she’s doing what she can to make your dreams come true!!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Emily Jungheim at Washington University School of Medicine?
Very caring and friendly person
Describe the protocols Emily Jungheim used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
Not sure of specific in protocol but I used Lupron, Gonal F, Menopur
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Yes)
Very friendly and understanding made sure my feelings came first.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Describe Emily Jungheim's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Washington University School of Medicine.
Emily Jungheim

2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
After my 3rd iui all she [Dr. Sarah Keller] said she could offer was ivf that was around 16,000. We cannot afford it...so we gave up on a sibling for our son...It was just like ivf was my only choice. I had a small amount of endo on my laparoscopy with hsg showed blockage on one tube then and 2 hsg test showed normal tubes. Uterine biopsy was neg...Clomid 100mg with time sex. Femara treatments with iui and without. One hsg shot...
Iui was around 380 and went up to 580 [at Washington University School of Medicine]. Ivf was around 16,000 to 25,000 I was told...Cost high...Nurse and doctor nice...U feel like a number and they are just rotating u through the door and taking ur money...I would have the nurse or resident do my iui and they did not always have answers to my questions...During our last iui, after they sent my husband sperm to the lab we waited over 2hr to get my iui. I felt like they just wanted more and more money. Then they increased the iui cost. After my 3rd iui all she said she could offer was ivf that was around 16,000. We cannot afford it...so we gave up on a sibling for our son.
How was your experience with Sarah Keller at Washington University School of Medicine?
The clinic needed to run smoother, dont forget about your patients. Offer a second opinion at no cost would be great or if they brought in another doctors opinion. I felt like I was up a creek with no paddle. It was just like ivf was my only choice. I had a small amount of endo on my laparoscopy with hsg showed blockage on one tube then and 2 hsg test showed normal tubes. Uterine biopsy was neg. I am at a loss and our marriage has suffered due to money.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sarah Keller at Washington University School of Medicine?
Get straight answers to your whys.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sarah Keller at Washington University School of Medicine?
Describe the protocols Sarah Keller used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
Waiting waiting
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Cost high Nurse and doctor nice U feel like a number and they are just rotating u through the door and taking ur money. I would have the nurse or resident do my iui and they did not always have answers to my questions.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sarah Keller at Washington University School of Medicine.
Iui was around 380 and went up to 580. Ivf was around 16,000 to 25,000 I was told
Sarah Keller