4444 Forest Park Avenue
3023 N. Ballas Road
St. Louis, MO 63131
314-286-2400

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Omurtag is extremely knowledgeable about infertility and fertility treatment. He has thoroughly explained everything we can expect with both IUI and IVF-down to the timing of ultrasounds and bloodwork. He is personable to talk to and we look forward to working with him more. My one disappointment is that we have only met him virtually up to this point-he has not been the one to perform any tests or procedures.
Could have a little more personal attention-don't see the doctor [at Washington University School of Medicine] often; my miscarriage was not added to my records so my doctor didn't know about it during our most recent appointment...never waiting to be seen for more than a few minutes, which to me is so important when having to go for visits often...friendly, caring and can answer every question I throw out at them. Someone has answered the phone every time I've called-I've never waited on hold. And they respond to virtual messages very quickly.
How was your experience with Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine?
I haven't yet met Dr. Omurtag in person but have had two telehealth visits that have been pleasant and informative. His staff is wonderful-kind, caring, efficient, great at communicating. But I was a little disappointed that he was not the one to perform my IUI cycle follicle scan or the IUI itself. If that is the standard practice, that is more than fine, that just wasn't communicated to me.
Describe the protocols Kenan Omurtag used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
I have had one IUI so far with Dr. Omurtag. I did two previous IUIs with my OB where I was on 50mg of Clomid, so he upped my dose to 100mg to see if that would have a better outcome. The other IUI protocol was standard- follicle scan on day 12 and based on that scan, I triggred with Ovidrel that night for the IUI on CD14. The IUI failed but he was very clear about the low success rates with IUIs. We just had our IVF consultation and he was clear down to the days of the week I'd come in for monitoring. I believe I will have the standard protocol of medication due to unexplained infertility, good sperm, good AMH levels and consistently good follicle counts.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kim)
The entire staff that I have interacted with at the clinic has been amazing. I am never waiting to be seen for more than a few minutes, which to me is so important when having to go for visits often. They are friendly, caring and can answer every question I throw out at them. Someone has answered the phone every time I've called-I've never waited on hold. And they respond to virtual messages very quickly. When I found out I'd have to switch to Wash U for insurance, I was originally told I'd have to wait five months to be seen, which was devastating. But when I called the following week to set up the appointment, they were able to fit me in just three days later. I will always appreciate that.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Strengths: efficiency, communication, knowledge Weaknesses: Could have a little more personal attention-don't see the doctor often; my miscarriage was not added to my records so my doctor didn't know about it during our most recent appointment
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine.
Before I met my deductible, the cost of ultrasounds and diagnostics did seem higher than my first clinic.
Describe Kenan Omurtag's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Washington University School of Medicine.
I appreciate his approach to transferring one embryo. To me that means my safety and the health of my baby is a top priority.
What specific things went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine.
When I went for a follicle scan, I was asked about previous pregnancies after having a miscarriage the month prior. Before that, I had spoken with my nurse to inform her of the miscarriage and ask about next steps (I saw my OB for the entire pregnancy). The miscarriage was not noted on my chart and so my doctor didn't know about it when we had our IVF consultation. It won't change our protocol much but that is a crucial piece of information that was missed.
2017 - 2022, Successful
Dr Omurtag is knowledgeable and compassionate. He has a great bedside manner...he was always available for questions and explained everything in great detail. He was upfront about possible out of pocket costs and wanted to make sure we were prepared. He is a very visual person and likes to draw pictures to help you understand. But he really felt more like you were talking to a friend than a doctor...He does follow ASRM guidelines very strictly so if you are someone that wants to transfer more than one at a time. This may not be the place for you...
The clinic [Washington University School of Medicine] itself does not feel very personable, it’s a clinic within a very busy medical school/hospital system so they see A LOT of patients. Hard for them to get to know anyone. They do have a lot of fellows that you may see throughout your appointments and they are very friendly...They didn’t seem to read the doctors past notes. At one point I had a hysteroscopy and was scheduled to do an IUI the following week. They didn’t call in my clomid so I had to call and ask for it and the nurse was confused because she didn’t realize I was also doing an IUI...
We had to do so many procedures and tests on top of IUI and IVF, he was always available for questions and explained everything in great detail. He was upfront about possible out of pocket costs and wanted to make sure we were prepared. He is a very visual person and likes to draw pictures to help you understand. But he really felt more like you were talking to a friend than a doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine?
I highly recommend him. He does follow ASRM guidelines very strictly so if you are someone that wants to transfer more than one at a time. This may not be the place for you
Dr Omurtag is knowledgeable and compassionate. He has a great bedside manner.
I did an HSG before starting anything. Then multiple clomid IUI cycles. Had to do a hysteroscopy with dilation due to difficulty getting the IUI catheter through my cervix. Then moved on to IVF. We did a long agonist protocol, with a fresh transfer which failed. So then did an endosee procedure. Then a frozen transfer than failed. And most recently transferred our last frozen embryo that stuck! For the frozen transfers he ordered estradiol three times a day and PIO daily.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kathy)
Kathy didn’t always seem very compassionate, I don’t think she likes talking on the phone. Jessie (administrative assistant) was amazing and was always upbeat and a joy to talk to.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic itself does not feel very personable, it’s a clinic within a very busy medical school/hospital system so they see A LOT of patients. Hard for them to get to know anyone. They do have a lot of fellows that you may see throughout your appointments and they are very friendly.
IUIs were 500 without insurance. But 50 with it. A cycle with Egg retrieval and fresh transfer was 15-20k without insurance. I think I paid about 2k A frozen transfer without insurance was 4700 but with insurance was 200
They follow ASRM guidelines so they will not do an elective multiple embryo transfer unless there is a good medical reason to do so.
What specific things went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine?
They didn’t seem to read the doctors past notes. At one point I had a hysteroscopy and was scheduled to do an IUI the following week. They didn’t call in my clomid so I had to call and ask for it and the nurse was confused because she didn’t realize I was also doing an IUI. They also didn’t seem to believe me when I told them there were problems with my cervix in the past and said we would assess it after the first IUI. Thankfully my doctor took care of this pretty quickly after that first IUI.

2019 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Omurtag took his time with us and never made us feel rushed. He always answered all of our questions and put our minds at ease. He never made us feel pressured. He would lay out our options, offer his thoughts and let us ultimately make decisions. He was compassionate, understanding and was on our team in ultimately wanting us to have a baby no matter how we got there. He was always willing to even talk through things over the phone when we had questions or concerns outside of appointments.
The clinic [Washington University School of Medicine] is extremely responsive and organized. They respond to electronic messages in a timely manner. You don’t feel like a number and feel like they truly care! Our expectations were far exceeded...staff are responsive, patient and truly care. Jessie is amazing with quick response in regard to scheduling and always is reassuring when you speak with her. Kate and Kathy are wonderful nurse coordinators... so patient with answering questions and very responsive...
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Dr. Omurtag is always patient and never makes you feel like any question is a bad question or concern.
His staff are responsive, patient and truly care. Jessie is amazing with quick response in regard to scheduling and always is reassuring when you speak with her. Kate and Kathy are wonderful nurse coordinators... so patient with answering questions and very responsive. Zejna is the best of the best with drawing blood, makes it a breeze!! Lee and Jackie are so compassionate and take the extra time to walk you through meds and how to best use. This team truly cares about YOU and is the best partner I could have ever imagined for fertility treatment!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic is extremely responsive and organized. They respond to electronic messages in a timely manner. You don’t feel like a number and feel like they truly care! Our expectations were far exceeded and I’d recommend Omurtag’s team.
2021, Successful
While he [Dr. Omurtag] was always straightforward, it was never indifferent or cold. His manner and encouragement was so appreciated during such a stressful time...He is very thorough and wants to have all the information before presenting the best options customized for you. Be prepared for a variety of tests for both you and your partner...Recalls details of previous discussions...about 6 months of trying to conceive without success, Dr Omurtag then requested my partner be evaluated and placed me on letrozole. Luckily this only required one cycle to conceive
[Washington University School of Medicine] staff were responsive, proactive, informative, and straight forward. Facility had an easy off campus location in CWE with parking so no worries about navigating through Barnes campus...Responded to messaged questions within hours and test results always same day...team walked me through home testing and lab work thereafter ever step of the way...Such a wonderful and supportive experience...
Dr Omurtag and his staff were incredible. Responded to messaged questions within hours and test results always same day. We had a few set backs and bumps along the way. While he was always straightforward, it was never indifferent or cold. His manner and encouragement was so appreciated during such a stressful time.
Recalls details of previous discussions.
Following several tests to evaluate my fertility r/t age, adjustments to my medications, and the addition of home ovulations tests, and about 6 months of trying to conceive without success, Dr Omurtag then requested my partner be evaluated and placed me on letrozole. Luckily this only required one cycle to conceive. His team walked me through home testing and lab work thereafter ever step of the way. I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks and again at 7 weeks prior to him releasing me back to my OB for care. Such a wonderful and supportive experience. Hopefully will not have to return but 10/10 recommend!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jesse)
Incredibly responsive and patient with all questions. Such an asset to the team!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
MD and staff were responsive, proactive, informative, and straight forward. Facility had an easy off campus location in CWE with parking so no worries about navigating through Barnes campus. No complaints.
The hysterosalpingogram and ultrasound were expensive and maxed out my insurance copay. The genetic testing was also out of pocket. Total spent was likely $1200.
2017 - 2021, Successful
after meeting with him [Dr. Omurtag], I knew he had my best interest at heart and that he would exhaust every avenue to help me in my journey. He and his staff are very organized, personable, caring, kind, and understanding...I always felt informed and included on all aspects of my care. It was always comforting to know that I was a priority and that there was always a plan in terms of my care...
Everyone [at Washington University School of Medicine] was supportive, encouraging, organized, understanding, and helpful. I never felt alone and was always included in communications about my care...He [Dr. Omurtag] and his staff are very organized, personable, caring, kind, and understanding...I always felt informed and included on all aspects of my care. It was always comforting to know that I was a priority and that there was always a plan in terms of my care...
I was extremely impressed with Dr. Omurtag and his staff. Prior to coming to them, I was doubtful I would ever reach my goal of having children. However, after meeting with him, I knew he had my best interest at heart and that he would exhaust every avenue to help me in my journey. He and his staff are very organized, personable, caring, kind, and understanding. Thanks to them, I have two beautiful babies.
Trust the process.
I always felt informed and included on all aspects of my care. It was always comforting to know that I was a priority and that there was always a plan in terms of my care. I was never in doubt that I was receiving the best care.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
I can only talk about the strengths. Everyone was supportive, encouraging, organized, understanding, and helpful. I never felt alone and was always included in communications about my care. I would recommend them to anyone needing fertility assistance.
St. Louis - Central West End

Dr Jaminez is clear on what is safe. She also understands our wants and needs and we come to a happy end result of how many to transfer...called to personally talk to us. She always remembered who we were, remembered our personalities, and our expectations...She is friendly, caring, professional...The 2nd IVF cycle resulted in 5 day 5 embryos. We transferred 2 fresh embryos and neither of those resulted in a pregnancy. We are currently waiting to proceed with a FET.
We transferred 2 fresh embryos [at Washington University School of Medicine] and neither of those resulted in a pregnancy. We are currently waiting to proceed with a FET...She [nurse] responds to calls and emails quickly. She goes above her job duties and even met me with some medication when there was an issue with our prescription provider so our cycle wouldn't be canceled...FET will cost right under $5,000. The office gave me a breakdown of the costs.
How was your experience with Patricia Jimenez at Washington University School of Medicine?
She is friendly, caring, professional. She listens to our needs, wants, desires. She also is clear on what the right path is, safely, for mother and potential babies. There is good communication and understanding from both patient and doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Patricia Jimenez at Washington University School of Medicine?
You dont see Dr Jaminez at every appointment. You mostly are in contact with her nursing staff, but they are in constant contact with the dr. They are the best!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Patricia Jimenez at Washington University School of Medicine?
Dr Jaminez called to personally talk to us. She always remembered who we were, remembered our personalities, and our expectations.
Describe the protocols Patricia Jimenez used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
I have done 2 long analytical cycles for IVF. The first resulted in 3 day 5 embryos. We transferred 2 fresh embryos that didnt take. We went right into a FET, that didnt take either. The 2nd IVF cycle resulted in 5 day 5 embryos. We transferred 2 fresh embryos and neither of those resulted in a pregnancy. We are currently waiting to proceed with a FET.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Denice)
Denice is AMAZING!!!! She responds to calls and emails quickly. She goes above her job duties and even met me with some medication when there was an issue with our prescription provider so our cycle wouldn't be canceled. She's the BEST!!!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic is great. They have a team of doctors that meet every Tuesday afternoon to discuss the weeks cases and review any upcoming cycles. I honestly cant think of any weakness. They are all so friendly and caring.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Patricia Jimenez at Washington University School of Medicine.
I had great insurance for my first 2 retrievals and transfers, so our costs were minimal compared to others. Right now I have new insurance and am fighting to get treatment approved. If it is not, a FET will cost right under $5,000. The office gave me a breakdown of the costs.
Describe Patricia Jimenez's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Washington University School of Medicine.
Patricia Jimenez
St. Louis - Missouri Baptist Med Center

be assured that if it doesn't work the first time, Dr Omurtag will review and adjust to try again...my first cycle was a short protocol, with 9 days of stim medications of Gonal-f, Menopur, and cetrotide. we retrieved 9 eggs, but most of them were not mature. the 2nd cycle we changed to a long agonist protocol with lupron, Gonal-F, and Menopur. we retrieved 17 eggs, 15 were mature...our 1st cycle we transferred 2, because of the low quality and low numbers we retrieved. the 2nd time, because we had so many embryos, we only transferred 1
everyone was always on the same page for my care [at Washington University School of Medicine], and where is was in my treatment, as well as having full knowledge of any information given or questions asked. i never had to repeat myself, or remind anyone on the team where i was with treatment, or what had been talked about previously...most of my monitoring was done at a secondary location, but all appointments were quick, in and out.
with this clinic, its a group effort, so while i may not have seen my direct doctor, i was always aware of who would be handling each procedure. i was introduced to each doctor, and everything was explained in detail, with a chance to ask questions and confirm understanding. i never waited for a doctor to show up.
be assured that if it doesn't work the first time, Dr Omurtag will review and adjust to try again with success .
my first name was used at all times, without referring to paperwork to ensure it was correct. i was given a voice in all transactions, and decisions were made with me, not for me.
everyone was always on the same page for my care, and where is was in my treatment, as well as having full knowledge of any information given or questions asked. i never had to repeat myself, or remind anyone on the team where i was with treatment, or what had been talked about previously
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
the clinic is highly organized, and efficient. the only downside for me personally was that they were over 200 miles away from where i live. a lot of communication had to be done by phone, text or patientchart. there was never a lack of communication, even with that being true.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Washington University School of Medicine.
most of my costs were covered by insurance, but it was hard to nail down an exact number, or cost for anything. i contacted billing several times without an answer. if i were paying out of pocket, this would have been very concerning.

2020, Unknown Success
Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
Dr. Omurtag spent over an hour on Zoom with me explaining all the details of the fertility medications, retrieval process, etc. he was very well-informed and constantly asked if we had any questions. He also drew out pictures to make things very clear. He set me up with his nurse who has been in constant contact with me since...helped facilitate my treatment with another doctor due to Covid-19. He wanted the best care for me and allowed me to do ultrasounds and bloodwork in my hometown, rather than drive 2 hours to his clinic. He reassured me that I was getting great care and answered all my questions clearly.
The cost of one egg retrieval [at Washington University School of Medicine] and making them into embryos is approximately $8,000. They have suggested I do two cycles because after my cancer treatment, I may not be able to conceive naturally. Storing the frozen embryos is approximately $450 a year...Everyone is very organized and kind. The clinic has excellent communication skills and all questions are clearly answered. They make you feel like you belong and aren’t just another patient at the clinic. They care about you.
Dr. Omurtag helped facilitate my treatment with another doctor due to Covid-19. He wanted the best care for me and allowed me to do ultrasounds and bloodwork in my hometown, rather than drive 2 hours to his clinic. He reassured me that I was getting great care and answered all my questions clearly.
He is very informative and friendly. He makes sure you understand everything and doesn’t move on if you have questions.
I am on an antagonist cycle. I’m doing 3 injectable medications daily. I get ultrasounds and bloodwork done approximately every other day. He updated my online profile very quickly so I know the results of my lab tests.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Mary)
Mary has called me nearly every day with updates, advice, or just to check in. She’s been absolutely amazing and has answered any and all questions that I have. She is readily available at all times. She got me set up with several programs so my medications would be cheaper. She is in contact with the fertility doctors in my hometown so I have appointments when necessary and get results quickly. I’d be lost without Mary!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The cost of one egg retrieval and making them into embryos is approximately $8,000. They have suggested I do two cycles because after my cancer treatment, I may not be able to conceive naturally. Storing the frozen embryos is approximately $450 a year. Medications not covered by grants were approximately $600.
St. Louis - Missouri Baptist Med Center

Dr. Odem is very compassionate and competent. He has a lot of knowledge and experience and really cares about you as a patient. He takes his time and fully explains everything. He went out of his way to talk to me at length when the cycle did not go as planned due to my body’s response...will go above and beyond to answer any questions you have in between visits and during cycle...He really encourages only transferring one but will allow you to make that decision. We transferred one the first time and two the second.
The [Washington University School of Medicine] clinic overall really does care about their patients. From the receptionist who learns your name to the nurse and doctor. They help a lot of people achieve pregnancy. They are a large clinic though and sometimes it can be frustrating as the care is not as personal as it could be at a smaller clinic. I felt my treatment wasn’t as specific to my case as it could have been.
How was your experience with Randall Odem at Washington University School of Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Randall Odem at Washington University School of Medicine?
Ask questions for anything you don’t understand and he will explain things further!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Randall Odem at Washington University School of Medicine?
Dr. Odem takes a long time with you every time you meet and will go above and beyond to answer any questions you have in between visits and during cycle.
Describe the protocols Randall Odem used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
For IVF he used an antagonist protocol due to me having PCOS. He had my medications at the lowest dose due to fear of OHSS but it took my ovaries longer than expected so I was stimulated for 16 days much longer than was expected. I think this was a downside to my cycle and I did not get as many follicles as I had hoped. The number of eggs was 20 but the number of mature really was only 11.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Crystal)
Crystal his main nurse is very prompt at responding and very helpful. She is also compassionate and understanding.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic overall really does care about their patients. From the receptionist who learns your name to the nurse and doctor. They help a lot of people achieve pregnancy. They are a large clinic though and sometimes it can be frustrating as the care is not as personal as it could be at a smaller clinic. I felt my treatment wasn’t as specific to my case as it could have been.
Monitoring appointments were super flexible and a well oiled machine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randall Odem at Washington University School of Medicine.
IVF was 11,500 and a frozen transfer was $4,000 but BJC recently raised the prices to around $13,400 for IVF and $4,800 for FET. These are private pay prices
Describe Randall Odem's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Washington University School of Medicine.
Randall Odem
St. Louis - Central West End

Overall, he [Dr. Kenan Omurtag] is a good and nice person. He seems to be very knowledgeable in the field. I think he wasn’t as aggressive as I wanted to be. It took two failed transfers to get there which was a lot to go through emotionally and financially to get there...advocate for yourself. If the clinic has done something wrong to tell him because he won’t know. If it doesn’t work the first round, don’t keep doing the same thing.
I like how they [Washington University School of Medicine] don’t sync everyone and only do retrievals and transfers one week a month. A weakness would probably be because of this your personal dr will not be doing your procedures...I had a few issues with the clinic (medical and administrative issues) and once I brought them up to the dr personally, I was given more attention.
Overall, he is a good and nice person. He seems to be very knowledgeable in the field. I think he wasn’t as aggressive as I wanted to be. It took two failed transfers to get there which was a lot to go through emotionally and financially to get there. The clinic itself is not as aggressive as other clinics in the St. Louis area.
I would say to be afraid to advocate for yourself. If the clinic has done something wrong to tell him because he won’t know. If it doesn’t work the first round, don’t keep doing the same thing.
I did 2 transfers with only one embryo. His rational was the technique was good enough that it would work. I had a miscarriage and then a negative result the second time. Then it was like maybe two is appropriate the next time. I wanted to do the second time and wished I would have pushed it.
Jessie the assistant was soo nice and always helpful. Kathy wasn’t always as compassionate as I would have liked
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
I like how they don’t sync everyone and only do retrievals and transfers one week a month. A weakness would probably be because of this your personal dr will not be doing your procedures. It takes a awhile if you’re a new patient trying to get an appointment.
About $600 for an iui. $12k for retrieval, 4K for transfers. I had a severe case of ohss which was not covered in Ivf package which I didn’t know.
I’ve done two single, one ended in a miscarriage at 7 weeks. The second was a negative. I wanted to do two the second time and wished I would’ve have pushed for it.
What specific things went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine?
I called the emergency exchange twice and was told I didn’t need medical attention and I ended up in the hospital. I had blood work done and wasn’t called with my results. They weren’t sent to the lab until I called looking for the results.
2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Jimenez is always thorough. She discovered my Ashermans when an OBGYN had completely missed it in a previous hysteroscopy. She addresses my concerns and is compassionate to our personal needs. When my symptoms of scarring returned she performed another SHG and found my scarring returned and promptly scheduled surgery...Our next step is IVF...
The clinic [Washington University School of Medicine] is clean and friendly...[nurse] always calls back and is thorough and compassionate. She communicates with Dr. Jimenez and me clearly and effectively...The morning of my IUI I was informed that all previous bills that were on payment plans had to be paid in full...the clinic was good at getting diagnostic treatment covered under insurance.
Always do the research so that you can ask thorough questions and be part of the decision process.
She answered all of my answers and is always compassionate.
Initially when I started treatments to find out why I was struggling to conceive I saw an OBGYN locally who performed a hysteroscopy/laparoscopy and prescribed Clomid. During the surgery she missed my Ashermans and was unable to treat the endometriosis. I had an allergic reaction to the Clomid. When seeing Dr. Jimenez she was thorough and performed an SHG due to my symptoms. She discovered my Ashermans that the previous doctor missed. She then performed a hysteroscopy and when she was on maternity leave Dr. Odem performed another. I then had 2 rounds of letrozole that I had reactions too. I had a migraine for 3 months from the letrozole. When the symptoms of scarring returned she performed another SHG and hysteroscopy to remove scarring that had reformed. I then had an unmedicated IUI which resulted in a possible chemical pregnancy as I had positive urine pregnancy test with negative labs. I have had a total of 5 SHG. My SHG protocol was to take 800mg of ibeprofun and then after 30minutes they perform an internal ultrasound for baseline measurements. They then follow with putting the catheter in and filling the saline in the cavity. They then take pictures with the internal wand. Following the test Dr. Jimenez discusses the results with me and my spouse. My hysteroscopy protocol was to arrive for the surgery and do the routine process. They use micro scissors guided by ultrasound to remove scarring. A stent was placed during 1 of the surgeries. Then following the surgery an estrogen protocol was followed to prevent scarring from reforming and then progesterone for a withdrawal bleed. The balloon stent was removed after a week to 10 days. I removed the stent at home. Letrozole was given 5 days of the cycle and I monitored at home with OPK kits. We had time intercourse. No pregnancy resulted. My unmedicated IUI was monitored at home with OPK kits and then the morning after my positive OPK I had the IUI. I had multiple positive FRER but negative lab work.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Denise)
Denise always calls back and is thorough and compassionate. She communicates with Dr. Jimenez and me clearly and effectively.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic is clean and friendly. I do wish there were more clear information communicated about payments needing to be all paid for IUI and nothing previously charged is allowed to be left on a payment plan.
I believe an SHG was around $800 after insurance. The clinic was good at getting diagnostic treatment covered under insurance. My SHG was $550, but I paid $1200 because I had to pay up all I had on payment plans.
Our next step is IVF. My nurse has discussed they limit the number of embryos transferred. They also do not offer mini IVF. Due to my Ashermans I would not want extra embryos that I may not be able to transfer. So mini IVF would offer less medication reactions and less embryos. My hope is to limit the eggs fertilized and freeze remaining eggs to fertilize later if I am able to carry another pregnancy.
What specific things went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine?
I scheduled an IUI. The morning of my IUI I was informed that all previous bills that were on payment plans had to be paid in full.
Patricia Jimenez
2020, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Cooper] listened very well, stayed calm, was honest, but hopeful...right now & the ivf cycle we just did, did not work, however instead of saying let’s just try it again, she added a extra step to increase our odds...We added folistim to this cycle to help the eggs grow. While it helped, my egg quality was poor. So next time she is using testosterone...
We have not met a lot of the nurses [at Washington University School of Medicine], they call with instruction & can answer questions. There is not a assigned nurse to us...[facility]Very calming, intimate, quiet. I really like how they would always answer the phone...We really liked the consult room, they are dim, with a couch & chair, snacks, sound machine, very relaxing instead of doctor office.
How was your experience with Amber Cooper at Washington University School of Medicine?
We loved Amber as soon as we met her, she had a comfortable friendly feeling to her that helped us in return feel comfortable. She explained everything so in detail & explained every situation. We are still working with her (she moved to vios fertility, that’s where we are seeing her) right now & the ivf cycle we just did, did not work, however instead of saying let’s just try it again, she added a extra step to increase our odds.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Amber Cooper at Washington University School of Medicine?
Be open to everything & listen up, she has a lot of knowledge & she has the ability at vios to be creative with your treatment to give you exactly what your body needs
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Amber Cooper at Washington University School of Medicine?
When meeting with Dr. Cooper, it did not feel like a doctors appointment. It felt like a consult, very comfortable feeling to be able to share all of my past & my hopes of having children. She listened very well, stayed calm, was honest, but hopeful.
Describe the protocols Amber Cooper used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Washington University School of Medicine.
We have not met a lot of the nurses, they call with instruction & can answer questions. There is not a assigned nurse to us.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Very calming, intimate, quiet. I really like how they would always answer the phone. My previous place did not & it was frustrating. Could use a nicer front desk lady, she is rude at times. We really liked the consult room, they are dim, with a couch & chair, snacks, sound machine, very relaxing instead of doctor office.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Amber Cooper at Washington University School of Medicine.
The cost for ivf at vios is $14000 (not including meds)
Describe Amber Cooper's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Washington University School of Medicine.
We have not done a transfer with her yet.
Amber Cooper
St. Louis - Central West End
I called on a Friday with worries that my scaring might be returning (Friday’s are Dr.Odem’s surgeries) he called me at 6:30 on a Friday night to talk me through my worries and complaints and helped me find a doctor closer to home. Dr. Odem said I’d only need one surgery for Ashermans (most women need multiple!) and he was right! I only wish I lived closer I would have continued to see Dr. Odem...Dr. Odem LISTENS and tries to answer every one of your questions. He takes time and is not in a rush to see the next patient- you feel like he’s on your side and a friend. He ALWAYS called me back the same day with any questions or worries I had. I only wish I lived closer.
Nursing staff [at Washington University School of Medicine] was also amazing, caring, and listened...The staff and clinic as a whole are amazing. Everyone took their time to explain procedures and protocol to me. I didn’t feel like cattle being moved from one room to another. My case was a bit different than others- but I wasn’t treated any differently. I know I called many times (I’m sure I was annoying) but this staff worked with me. They helped ensure my procedure was covered by insurance!!
Be prepared to have a doctor who treats you more like a friend than just another number.
Dr. Odem listened to my complaints, worries, questions- everything. After seeing three doctors, I finally saw a doctor who LISTENED and cared and put my worries at ease! He is so caring. I called on a Friday with worries that my scaring might be returning (Friday’s are Dr.Odem’s surgeries) he called me at 6:30 on a Friday night to talk me through my worries and complaints and helped me find a doctor closer to home. Dr. Odem said I’d only need one surgery for Ashermans (most women need multiple!) and he was right! I only wish I lived closer I would have continued to see Dr. Odem. Seriously- cannot day enough how amazing this man is!
My situation was a bit different. I went to Dr. Odem only for Ashermans Syndrome. He worked around my schedule as I lived far away. He scheduled my surgery as soon as he could and helped arrange for care closer to home after the surgery.
Nursing staff was also amazing, caring, and listened.
Randall Odem
St. Louis - Central West End
[Dr. Omurtag] suggested which is best considering my age SET. I JUST FOLLOWED HIM.But also told if you want 2 we can do that but explained pros and cons...He is very free and always encourages me or my husband to ask questions so that we can learn...I am with him for my first IVF Cycle which was successful and was on some birth control pills for 3 weeks and after that on lupron and in my menstrual cycle after start of lupron for 4 days. Then started follistim and couple days later on Menopur
[the Washington U nurse team are] always very quick and detail in answering your question. I bother them for every small doubts and now I feel some are very silly. but they never lost their patience...total cost including my pre screening tests and consultation is $ 17,500 out of this 15,900 is for IVF...they are pretty good with the time/schedule. Some times if the flow is more they need extra person to check in but that's nothing
He is incredible and amazing and no words to describe how good he is. I wish I would have known him 5 years before but after I met him I was only very short term with him less than 3 months. He is the best. I was confident with the first 2 visits itself the way he rule in and out the pros and cons. The best of him is he encourages to ask questions and so that we can feel free to express our doubts/questions.
just trust him and follow what ever he say regarding your treatment because he is the expert.
i am blessed to find this doctor and felt like my close family when ever talking to him. He is very free and always encourages me or my husband to ask questions so that we can learn. It was the most comfortable journey and very short and is only 4 months total but i postponed one month after my first visit due to my travel to India and he did not even rush. Everything was well planned.
I am not sure but I think it is agonist protocol. I am with him for my first IVF Cycle which was successful and was on some birth control pills for 3 weeks and after that on lupron and in my menstrual cycle after start of lupron for 4 days. Then started follistim and couple days later on Menopur and on those injections for 11-12 days and ovidrel trigger shot 36 hrs before egg retrieval. and all the injections are done and was methyl prednisolone for 2 -3 days and on progesterone from egg retrieval day. Embryo transfer was on 5 th day after egg retrieval and blood test for B HCG WAS ON 14 TH DAY. I heard the news from the nurse that BFP. That was the best day in my life. I GIVE 100% CREDIT AND WILL NEVER FORGET Omurtag in my life. WHEN EVER I SEE MY BABY I HAVE THAT KINDNESS TOWARDS HIM.
How competent was Kenan Omurtag at LGBTQ care?
n/a but i can confidently say he is wonderful
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Denice and so many others)
Nurse Denice and Omurtag assistant Jessie and every person is wonderful. Denice is always very quick and detail in answering your question. I bother them for every small doubts and now I feel some are very silly. but they never lost their patience.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
they are pretty good with the time/schedule. Some times if the flow is more they need extra person to check in but that's nothing. it happens because they are providing good care and obviously there are more people coming for this. Demand is always great.
total cost including my pre screening tests and consultation is $ 17,500 out of this 15,900 is for IVF. THE REST 1600 IS MY consultation and ultrasoung and blood work prior to start of IVF. MEDICINES COST is $3700
He suggested which is best considering my age SET. I JUST FOLLOWED HIM.But also told if you want 2 we can do that but explained pros and cons.
How competent was Washington University School of Medicine at LGBTQ care?
Describe your experience using 3rd party reproduction (donor eggs, donor sperm, or gestational carrier) at Washington University School of Medicine.

2020, Unknown Success
There is no denying she is an experienced clinician, so if respect and thoughtfulness aren't part of your criteria for a physician, by all means, visit Dr. Sarah Keller. Personally, I will be going elsewhere... Her contempt for my concerns, and indeed, my intellectual capacity in general, was palpable...he preemptively made choices for me on my consent form, warned me not to let the big words on the form "scare" me, and declined to explain technical aspects of the procedure
[Washington University School of Medicine] Strengths: Experienced clinicians Mostly follow ACOG and ASRM guidelines Kind nursing staff Weaknesses: Poor patient communication Lengthy waiting times NB: This is a training facility. If you don't want fellows experimenting on you in order to bolster their professional portfolios, be sure to say so. And no, you don't get a discount for allowing a less experienced doctor to do your treatment.
How was your experience with Sarah Keller at Washington University School of Medicine?
Dr. Keller is a condescending bully. Her contempt for my concerns, and indeed, my intellectual capacity in general, was palpable. Before my procedure, she tried to prescribe me a medication without any explanation. When I inquired further, I was told the medication (which had significant side effects like nausea and syncope) was not necessary after all. On the day of the procedure, she preemptively made choices for me on my consent form, warned me not to let the big words on the form "scare" me, and declined to explain technical aspects of the procedure (oocyte retrieval). There is no denying she is an experienced clinician, so if respect and thoughtfulness aren't part of your criteria for a physician, by all means, visit Dr. Sarah Keller. Personally, I will be going elsewhere.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sarah Keller at Washington University School of Medicine?
Be prepared to ask specific questions, since she will not volunteer information or attempt to educate her patient.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sarah Keller at Washington University School of Medicine?
Dr. Keller is a condescending bully. She treated my husband and me as if we were mewling idiots; for example, she admonished me not to let the big words on the consent form--whose CHOICES she had ALREADY filled out PRIOR to consulting me--"scare" me.
The nursing staff in general is very nice, although one gets the impression that they are overworked and underpaid--much like nurses everywhere. It is clear they have to do a great deal of communicating on behalf of the physicians, who are nearly impossible to reach (which is by design, make no mistake).
Sarah Keller
St. Louis - Central West End

Dr. Omurtag was gentle, kind, patient, able to explain things in detail so that I felt like I understand the process, not pushy, open to questions, and really seemed like he genuinely loved his job...He used facts and data to rationalize the options he presented while being supportive as we decided on what would be best for us.
[Washington U School of Medicine is] Professional, clean, efficient, friendly, easy to navigate. The clinic has an easy to navigate and informative website. They provide information in multiple formats for maximum effectiveness of communication...The approach was to present all the information and options in a way that didn't feel like it was pressuring us to make one decision or another. He used facts and data to rationalize the options he presented while being supportive as we decided on what would be best for us.
Dr. Omurtag is an amazing doctor at an amazing clinic. He is a true partner with his patients as he goes through the process with you. I found no weaknesses or points of frustration in Dr. Omurtag's ability or bedside manner.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and let him know if you need something rephrased or elaborated on because he is happy to do so.
The protocol used was long agonist IVF after IUI and fertility pills did not work due to my diagnosis of Unknown Ovulation Disorder. He even connected me with a pelvic therapist to help a secondary issue I didn't even know I had until meeting with him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jessie,Mary,Sandra, Cynthia, Marilyn, Kathy, Crystal, Denice)
Professional, kind, warm, supportive, understanding, patient, prompt with communication, helpful
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Little to none due to the treatment being covered under insurance
2018 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Omurtag has incredible bedside manner. He is caring and sensitive and personable...He was professional, yet extremely personal and supportive. I felt completely at ease in his care. I tested positive for COVID during our first attempted IVF cycle (had just started stimulation). We had to cancel the cycle, and [he] and his entire team was supportive and caring.
I have discussed [Washington U School of Midicine] strength's throughout. I cannot point out any weaknesses. Excellent staff - from the front desk to coordinators to doctors and nurses to surgical staff. All are welcoming and caring. I never thought I would say this, but I will miss going to this office for the time being...All wonderful. Kept in constant communication with me. Were quick to respond to any questions or concerns I had.
The best doctor I've ever had. I do not have one negative thing to say about him. He was professional, yet extremely personal and supportive. I felt completely at ease in his care. I tested positive for COVID during our first attempted IVF cycle (had just started stimulation). We had to cancel the cycle, and Dr. Omurtag and his entire team was supportive and caring.
Don't worry; he's got you.
3 cycles Clomid only (per my request), all unsuccessful. 3 cycles IUI with Clomid, all unsuccessful. 1 interrupted cycle IVF due to my COVID diagnosis. 1 long-agonist IVF cycle (oral BC, lupron, follistim, menopur, trigger, and progesterone) with 19 follicles detected on US, 12 eggs retrieved, half ICSI and half non-ICSI, 6 eggs fertilized, 3 excellent quality embryos, single embryo transfer with positive singleton pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kathy Shelton RN and Jessie Rieger)
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
I have discussed strength's throughout. I cannot point out any weaknesses. Excellent staff - from the front desk to coordinators to doctors and nurses to surgical staff. All are welcoming and caring. I never thought I would say this, but I will miss going to this office for the time being.
I prefer not to say. I have a fertility benefit through my insurance that covered over half of our expenses.
St. Louis - Central West End

During our initial consultation with Dr. Omurtag, he spent a lot of time with us going over every detail. He never seemed rushed and answered all of our questions. While he provided treatment recommendations, he allowed us to come up with a plan that worked for our family...He always responded promptly to messages through My Chart..
They [Washington University School of Medicine nurses] were very organized and provided clear instructions every step of the way. They always responded promptly to phone messages and messages through My Chart...Everything needed was in the same location and easily accessible...He never seemed rushed and answered all of our questions. While he provided treatment recommendations, he allowed us to come up with a plan that worked for our family.
Doctor Omurtag was kind, patient, compassionate and incredibly knowledgeable. He allowed us to come up with a fertility plan that worked for us. He explained every step of the process in detail and answered any question we had. He always responded promptly to messages through My Chart.
Go see him!
Three rounds of Clomid with timed intercourse.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kathy and Jessie)
Kathy and Jessie were incredibly kind, compassionate and helpful. They were very organized and provided clear instructions every step of the way. They always responded promptly to phone messages and messages through My Chart.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Everything needed was in the same location and easily accessible. XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxccccccccccccccffffffffffffffFfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffBbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb Ghggggggghhhhhhhhggggggggggggggggggg
I don’t believe I had to pay out of pocket for anything other than copays.

2018 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Omertag spent a ton of time with my husband and I answering any and every question we had. He called personally after each failed transfer with a game plan and made us feel he really cared about our outcome. He set realistic expectations for us, and didn’t let us give up hope...Because of the previous failed single transfers and my age we decided on multiple transfer for the most recent.
[the Washington University nurses were] both were extremely kind and very attuned to the mental toll fertility treatments can take on someone...IUIs were ~$500 each I believe we were quoted ~$16,000 for IVF including ICSI...he front desk staff are knowledgeable about billing issues and all lab technicians I worked with were wonderful...Rarely did I wait past my appointment time
Dr. Omertag is an excellent physician. I didn’t have any hesitation with any of his recommendations. He thoroughly explained each step and kept us moving forward. He is compassionate towards his patients and you can tell he truly cares about your outcome. Fertility treatments can be daunting and emotionally draining and he checked in regularly to see how my husband and I were doing through the process mentally.
Ask questions. He’s great at explaining and answering.
Dr. Omertag spent a ton of time with my husband and I answering any and every question we had. He called personally after each failed transfer with a game plan and made us feel he really cared about our outcome. He set realistic expectations for us, and didn’t let us give up hope. His staff are wonderful as well and also answered the barrage of questions that inevitably came up through each cycle.
We used 2 different protocols for the 2 egg retrievals and fertilized using ICSI with each. Both cycles produced similar amount and quality of eggs and subsequently embryos. We used ICSI due to poor sperm morphology and motility.
Kathy and Jessie were amazing to work with. I had tons of questions and both were so helpful. They both were extremely kind and very attuned to the mental toll fertility treatments can take on someone.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic is run efficiently. Rarely did I wait past my appointment time. I felt very safe in the clinic during the peak of COVID with all precautions they had set in place. The front desk staff are knowledgeable about billing issues and all lab technicians I worked with were wonderful.
IUIs were ~$500 each I believe we were quoted ~$16,000 for IVF including ICSI. We did have some insurance coverage with both retrieval’s. Embryo transfer with no coverage was ~$3,400
We did 2 single frozen embryo transfers and one multiple (2) fresh transfer. Our fresh transfer resulted in a single live birth. Because of the previous failed single transfers and my age we decided on multiple transfer for the most recent.
St. Louis - Central West End
Any questions I ever had, no matter how small, [our Washington U School of Medicine] responded quickly and was always very helpful...The clinic’s usual protocol was to do a single embryo transfer if you were under 35 and had no other failed ivf attempts...I never had to wait for my appointments, they were always on time and greeted you like you were family. From the bloodwork appointments, to ultrasounds, to the retrieval and transfer, I have no complaints
Dr. Omurtag is the best! He understood how extensive my endometriosis is and didn’t waste any time getting me started with treatments. We went straight into ivf to work towards the best possible outcome as quickly as possible. I never felt in the dark about anything along the way, he was very informative. Can’t recommend or thank him enough!
To absolutely go to him. I’m very lucky my surgeon referred me to him and this clinic.
He cheered me along every step of the way and made me feel like he really cared about our outcome and wanted to do everything possible to make it happen for us.
I started out on birth control. Then started on lupron, menopur and gonal F. I responded very well to the meds and they were able to retrieve 16 eggs. I’m now on progesterone in oil.
My nurse Kathy was amazing! Any questions I ever had, no matter how small, she responded quickly and was always very helpful. She has a great way of assuring you you’re doing everything right. As far as the rest of the nursing staff that did the ultrasounds and bloodwork, they were also amazing. Literally the best.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Was very happy with this clinic. Very efficient. I never had to wait for my appointments, they were always on time and greeted you like you were family. From the bloodwork appointments, to ultrasounds, to the retrieval and transfer, I have no complaints. I’m very happy we were referred to this clinic.
The clinic’s usual protocol was to do a single embryo transfer if you were under 35 and had no other failed ivf attempts, I believe. I was completely fine with this protocol.
2018 - 2020, Successful
IVF was scary for me AND my husband, but dr omurtag was so transparent and helped us along every step of the way. I feel like he was always available for questions, appointments, and even just to update him...We did ICSI because it was recommended, and I am currently 15 weeks pregnant...He was SO down to earth, I was terrified that I’d never get pregnant and he was so good about talking through everything and making sure my husband and I were very aware of all of the steps involved.
Everyone was very organized [at Washington University School of Medicine], even through COVID precautions. Everyone always answered all of our questions and was very kind and compassionate! I am so glad I chose this clinic, especially during such a weird time in our world...She kept me up to date with all of the details, constantly sending me messages through MyChart and responding to my questions in a very timely manner. She [the nurse] listened to me when I was confused or worried, and always answered everything with lots of details. She was one of the first people I sent my ultrasound picture and was very exciting for us!
I have a pituitary cyst, which causes me to have to force ovulation. I don’t menstruate regularly, so I have to take drugs in order to bleed. I was nervous about starting IVF because my ovaries responded too much to the IUI and never got to the transfer. IVF was scary for me AND my husband, but dr omurtag was so transparent and helped us along every step of the way. I feel like he was always available for questions, appointments, and even just to update him.
Don’t give up!
We tried IUI a couple years ago. I went in for baseline ultrasound and lab work, then started injections. My injections were nightly, followed by more ultrasounds and lab work every few days. It got very stressful and then I got the phone call that my ovaries weren’t responding the way they expected, so I’d have to cancel and try IVF. Then COVID happened. Finally in February 2021, we forced a period, and started IVF! More testing, ultrasounds and labs, injections, and countless appointments. I went through with a day5 embryo transfer and froze five more. We did ICSI because it was recommended, and I am currently 15 weeks pregnant!
She kept me up to date with all of the details, constantly sending me messages through MyChart and responding to my questions in a very timely manner. She listened to me when I was confused or worried, and always answered everything with lots of details. She was one of the first people I sent my ultrasound picture and was very exciting for us!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Everyone was very organized, even through COVID precautions. Everyone always answered all of our questions and was very kind and compassionate! I am so glad I chose this clinic, especially during such a weird time in our world
I am glad we only transferred one embryo, dr omurtag told us it would be more successful and safer since twins run in both of our families!
2020, Consult
Dr. Omurtag was very knowledgeable about the process and straight forward about the complications that could arise and the cost associated with it. Overall it was a great experience...I was treated with respect and with kindness...No one "wants" to have to go thru fertility treatments, but if you are in the situation, you are in good hands with Dr. Omurtag. Ask a lot of questions because he has all the answers and explains it in a very easy way to understand.
It took a few months to get an appointment (virtually) [at Washington University School of Medicine], but it was worth the wait. Once we had the appointment, bloodwork and an ultrasound were scheduled within days and everything moved rather quickly. We were comfortable speaking to the nurses and staff and everyone seemed knowledgeable and friendly.
We had a virtual visit and didn't know what to expect, but it ended up being very informative and helpful. Dr. Omurtag was very knowledgeable about the process and straight forward about the complications that could arise and the cost associated with it. Overall it was a great experience.
I was treated with respect and with kindness.
We did not end up doing fertility treatment because we ended up testing negative for a genetic concern we had.
The nurses were all friendly and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
It took a few months to get an appointment (virtually), but it was worth the wait. Once we had the appointment, bloodwork and an ultrasound were scheduled within days and everything moved rather quickly. We were comfortable speaking to the nurses and staff and everyone seemed knowledgeable and friendly.
The cost would be very high had we gone thru IVF due to the nature of what we trying to do (testing for a genetic mutation in an embryo).
St. Louis - Central West End

Dr. Omurtag was absolutely amazing & I would highly recommend him to anyone going through infertility. We couldn’t have asked for a better fertility doctor-from the very first consultation up until our follow-up appointment and everything in between. He wanted to get to know us as people, and it is so evident that he truly cares about his patients.
Single embryo transfer is what they recommended, and seem to recommend to most younger patients...She [Washington University nurse] never made me feel like I was driving her crazy with all my questions, or that any questions was a dumb question. She was always very thorough with instructions when I was going through my stimulation medicines and her communicating with me was absolutely amazing!
Go to Dr. Omurtag with no hesitations! :)
To Dr. Omurtag, I didn’t feel like a normal patient. He wanted to get to know us as people, not just patients of his.
We had male factor infertility. My husband had a TESE procedure done then I was put on STIM meds, we had our egg retrieval then our 5-day fresh transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kathy Shelton )
We absolutely loved our fertility nurse. She never made me feel like I was driving her crazy with all my questions, or that any questions was a dumb question. She was always very thorough with instructions when I was going through my stimulation medicines and her communicating with me was absolutely amazing!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
WashU Fertility Clinic is the best in the area. You won’t find a better clinic to assist with infertility issues. They all show so much love and compassion for their patients. From the ladies in the front office, ultrasound techs, the ladies in the lab, our surgical team, to the fertility doctors..all amazing!!
IVF is costly but WashU provided fertility financing options. We were made aware of the costs upfront so there were no hidden fees or surprises.
St. Louis - Central West End
Dr. Omurtag was very compassionate and helpful. He took the time to answer all of our questions and concerns completely. He was available to answer questions when we needed it. We could really tell that he cared about us and cared about our outcome. We never felt as if we were "just another number."..
From start to finish, and even after treatment, the doctors and staff [of Washington University School of Medicine] are there for you. They are compassionate at all times and they celebrate your wins with you. They are very knowledgeable about all of the procedures and are honest about everything, including what your chances of conception are.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
From start to finish, and even after treatment, the doctors and staff are there for you. They are compassionate at all times and they celebrate your wins with you. They are very knowledgeable about all of the procedures and are honest about everything, including what your chances of conception are.
2016 - 2020, Successful
They [Washington University] are great at communicating with you, easy to get a hold of and very quick to respond to any messages. They handled IVF through the pandemic wonderfully. Patients need to know your provider might not do your actual retrieval or transfer, but they are all wonderful...He [Dr. Kenan Omurtag] was extremely honest and great with communication, especially with going through IVF during the pandemic. Would highly recommend him. He always puts the patient first and it's nice when he responds to questions personally...Always easy to get a hold of them. They were also very quick to return calls or messages... ..
He was extremely honest and great with communication, especially with going through IVF during the pandemic. Would highly recommend him. He always puts the patient first and it's nice when he responds to questions personally.
Trust your healthcare provider
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
They are great at communicating with you, easy to get a hold of and very quick to respond to any messages. They handled IVF through the pandemic wonderfully. Patients need to know your provider might not do your actual retrieval or transfer, but they are all wonderful.