4444 Forest Park Avenue
3023 N. Ballas Road
St. Louis, MO 63131
314-286-2400

2015 - 2018, Unknown Success
Dr. Keller is very knowledgeable and an expert in her field. I've never felt she has pushed us into spending more money than we absolutely have to.... She never rushes us out of the office and takes the time to answer all questions thoroughly. She often seems flustered or nervous... In 2016 I did 3 clomid IUIs without trigger shot.... I was disappointed that no Ultrasound or hCG blood levels were obtained during any of the cycles.
The volume of patients and staff allows them [Washington U School of Medicine] to be open every day of the week so you never have to delay your IUI until the Monday after your Friday surge.... Once a week all of the doctors in the practice meet to discuss all of their patients.... The line to check in can get long some days but once checked in blood draws and Ultrasounds are done quickly.
How was your experience with Sarah Keller at Washington University School of Medicine?
Dr. Keller is very knowledgeable and an expert in her field. I've never felt she has pushed us into spending more money than we absolutely have to. She has not recommended PGS testing for our second IVF cycle, citing that it does not improve birth rates. She never rushes us out of the office and takes the time to answer all questions thoroughly. She often seems flustered or nervous and for that reason I would recommend other doctors in this practice over her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sarah Keller at Washington University School of Medicine?
Do your research. Ask questions. Tell her what's bothering you. Trust her plan of care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sarah Keller at Washington University School of Medicine?
The staff and Dr. Keller all seem invested in a positive outcome for us. When I came in with suspected miscarriage everyone was very somber and supportive. It seemed like they were disappointed along with us.
Describe the protocols Sarah Keller used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
In 2016 I did 3 clomid IUIs without trigger shot. None were successful and I was disappointed that no Ultrasound or hCG blood levels were obtained during any of the cycles. I didn't see Dr. Keller at all during this time and really felt like nobody cared if they were successful or not. Cycle 1 IVF was better. I do not have ovulatory dysfunction so Keller recommend an agonist protocol for my first IVF cycle. In retrospect I responded quickly to the medications, maybe too quickly because we got 10 eggs and only 2 5-day embryos. Our fresh transfer resulted in a chemical pregnancy and our FET resulted in a miscarriage at 7 weeks. Dr. Keller said that a quick stimulation can result in poorer egg quality. For cycle two she is doing a long antagonist which will hopefully allow slower development of my follicles and give better egg quality.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Amy)
Amy is very knowledgeable and professional. She is prompt to call with results and communicates effectively with Dr. Keller and her patients. She's not particularly friendly but I trust her.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
In my opinion this is the only place to go for fertility treatment in the St. Louis area. The volume of patients and staff allows them to be open every day of the week so you never have to delay your IUI until the Monday after your Friday surge. They also have their own embryology lab and the ability to do your egg retrieval on Sundays if that's when your follicles are ready. Once a week all of the doctors in the practice meet to discuss all of their patients. This means you don't have just one doctor, you have six physicians collaborating on YOUR plan. Also they have the entire Barnes Jewish Hospital complex and doctors at their disposal. This means that for example if you have endometriosis that requires surgery, they can refer you to someone in their system who can perform your surgery. Because they share that same computer systems, all the physicians are on the same page about your care. Weaknesses include: lack of privacy when checking in; the woman checking me in always asks if I want to pay my bill before I've ever received a bill in the mail; the Ultrasound techs are not friendly.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Washington University School of Medicine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sarah Keller at Washington University School of Medicine.
I think IUIs were around $350 each plus the copay for Clomid. For one egg retrieval/IVF with ICSI, a frozen transfer and fresh transfer we paid almost $13k and my insurance covered $4k.
Describe Sarah Keller's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Washington University School of Medicine.
Dr. Keller was open to both single and double embryo transfer for us. We elected single transfer to avoid a twin or triplet pregnancy.
St. Louis - Central West End

Dr. Jimenez and her staff has made us feel comfortable and are so attentive. They treat you like family! They are always accessible and are there for you! I can’t say enough about how much we appreciate her staff! They go above and beyond for their patients and their dream for a family!!... She takes the time to answer all your questions and address all your concerns. If we got home and forgot questions or concerns she was an email away and always got back to us quickly either same day or next day if we emailed at night.
The entire clinic staff [Washington University] is very helpful and friendly from the minute to walk in to the second you leave!! Great communication!! I can’t think of any weaknesses. It truly is an incredible staff! They are patient and if they didn’t know the answer to my question, they were able to get me to someone who did very easily!!... Given we had no fertility coverage, we were always made aware of the out of pocket costs for everything. There was never any cost surprises. They made sure we had and knew all our options in regards to the cost and financing.
How was your experience with Patricia Jimenez at Washington University School of Medicine?
She takes the time to answer all your questions and address all your concerns. If we got home and forgot questions or concerns she was an email away and always got back to us quickly either same day or next day if we emailed at night. She worked with us as far as timing for our IUIs. We drove 2 hrs to see her. She always made us feel more like family instead of a patient!!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Patricia Jimenez at Washington University School of Medicine?
Definitely be prepared to hear a lot of information. She covers everything and is very thorough! Take paper with you to jot down notes if you’d like.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Patricia Jimenez at Washington University School of Medicine?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Denise )
They are all amazing!! Very attentive! They treated us like family! They went above and beyond!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The entire clinic staff is very helpful and friendly from the minute to walk in to the second you leave!! Great communication!! I can’t think of any weaknesses. It truly is an incredible staff! They are patient and if they didn’t know the answer to my question, they were able to get me to someone who did very easily!!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Patricia Jimenez at Washington University School of Medicine.
Describe Patricia Jimenez's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Washington University School of Medicine.
I’m 38 and she was comfortable with a 2 embryo transfer. It was more up to me to decide after considering risks and benefits.
St. Louis - Central West End

He [Dr. Kenan Omurtag] discovered that one of my thyroid levels (which can cause infertility and mc) was within the normal range but a little high in the normal range. He started me on some thyroid medicine, I had my tubes checked and within a month I was pregnant. I truly believe that small adjustment to my thyroid was what did it. Other doctors may have dismissed this bc it was still within the normal range but Dr. Omurtag saw beyond that.
I expect a response within a day but these girls [staff at Washington University School of Medicine] are on it. Most of the time they would email or call me back within an hour or less. I am grateful for all they have done!...I was super impressed with the communication between everyone and their organization...It was very clean and the lady who did my u/s 2x was super nice and experienced!
How was your experience with Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine?
YES! He is great at what he does and you can tell in his heart he wants to help you get pregnant!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine?
From the beginning, Dr. Omurtag was kind, easy to talk to and very thorough. His staff reflects this, they are just as incredible! He discovered that one of my thyroid levels (which can cause infertility and mc) was within the normal range but a little high in the normal range. He started me on some thyroid medicine, I had my tubes checked and within a month I was pregnant. I truly believe that small adjustment to my thyroid was what did it. Other doctors may have dismissed this bc it was still within the normal range but Dr. Omurtag saw beyond that. Dr Omurtag's staff, Jessie and Kathy, are KICK ASS! I expect a response within a day but these girls are on it. Most of the time they would email or call me back within an hour or less. I am grateful for all they have done!
Describe the protocols Kenan Omurtag used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
He gave me options, we could very aggressive and go straight to invitro or go a slower route. I decided to go an even slower route than what he offered which he was completely supportive of! Month 1 consisted of starting thyroid medicine and having my tubes flushed, then me and my husband trying spontaneously. If that did not work the next month I was going to start Clomid but we did not get to that point :) He discovered that one of my thyroid levels (which can cause infertility and mc) was within the normal range but a little high in the normal range. He started me on some thyroid medicine, I had my tubes checked and within a month I was pregnant. I truly believe that small adjustment to my thyroid was what did it. Other doctors may have dismissed this bc it was still within the normal range but Dr. Omurtag saw beyond that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jessie and Kathy)
Dr Omurtag's staff, Jessie and Kathy, are KICK ASS! I expect a response within a day but these girls are on it. Most of the time they would email or call me back within an hour or less. I am grateful for all they have done! I was super impressed with the communication between everyone and their organization.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
There's not much to say about this. It's a clinic and I loved my doctor and his nurses! It was very clean and the lady who did my u/s 2x was super nice and experienced! It was very clean and the lady who did my u/s 2x was super nice and experienced!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine.
My us and tube cleaning was not covered by my insurance, it was 280 for the u/s and 720 for the tube cleaning.
St. Louis - Missouri Baptist Med Center

From the first moment we met with Dr. Jimenez she was so nervous and made us feel uncomfortable. ... She insisted on re-running tests and procedures that I had already had completed prior even though they requested all medical results be sent to them prior to the first consultation. It's like she didn't even read any of the information provided to her ahead of time. ... She has horrible bedside manner and communication skills.
... I would get some piece of information from the doctor and then the [Washinton U - CWE] nurse/secretary would give me another piece of information and I was always so confused. ... They don't have a patient portal for communication or flow charts. I honestly don't even know who all works in the clinic as I only met a nurse who did my bloodwork who was super nice and actually communicated with you and wanted to make you feel comfortable.
From the first moment we met with Dr. Jimenez she was so nervous and made us feel uncomfortable. My husband was made to stand up for the entire appointment as he was uncomfortable in the chair that had arms on it and not once did anyone offer to get him another chair. When we expressed that we wanted 2 embryos implanted via IVF she continued to tell us she would only do 1 as that one might split (despite it being a 30% chance that would happen) and continued to press the issue of having multiples would make for an at risk pregnancy. She provided us with success numbers from 2-3 years prior and no recent numbers were provided. She insisted on re-running tests and procedures that I had already had completed prior even though they requested all medical results be sent to them prior to the first consultation. It's like she didn't even read any of the information provided to her ahead of time. I went through with one procedure a sonohysterography and it was the most uncomfortable experience I have ever had. They "exam table" is a chair and they literally lean you all the back to where the blood is rushing to your head. While doing the procedure the doctor and the ultrasound tech stood there for 20 minutes debating if they saw something or not. The she proceeded to tell me I needed a hysterscopy and if I didn't do it she wouldn't proceed with IVF. I was literally given no choice in my medical care. When I expressed my concerns to the doctor it seemed like she didn't even care that we were not happy with her. She has horrible bedside manner and communication skills.
Don't see her. Ask to see someone else in the clinic as from what I've heard there are better doctors within the clinic than her.
It felt like are concerns were not being heard and when we expressed something we wanted we always got a response that was based on why they didn't want to do that.
Describe the protocols Patricia Jimenez used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
I never got any protocols besides doing one test and some bloodwork as I discontinued seeing the doctor.
I only communicated with the nurse and secretary via the mychart app and a few times by phone. I would get some piece of information from the doctor and then the nurse/secretary would give me another piece of information and I was always so confused.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
This clinic was super far from my house. They do not send you the "green dot" parking pass you for their parking lot so you have to go up the clinic and back to your car so you don't get a ticket. They have a clinic closer to my house but nothing is done there and was never offered an appointment there. They don't have a patient portal for communication or flow charts. I honestly don't even know who all works in the clinic as I only met a nurse who did my bloodwork who was super nice and actually communicated with you and wanted to make you feel comfortable. The first appointment the front desk person was super nice and helpful and the second appointment the front desk person was older and slow and didn't acknowledge anyone for several minutes of them standing there waiting. There was always another lady on a computer playing music on her personal phone and talking on her personal phone and have no clue what her job was or way she was customer facing.
The doctor did not listen when we advised we wanted multiple embryos transferred and is only willing to do single embryo transfers. Don't waste your time unless you only want a single embryo transferred.
What specific things went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine.
The doctor stated I have fibrous tissue and when her nurse called she advised I had something totally different.
St. Louis - Central West End

He’s like a father figure, he’s direct but warm. He [Dr. Odem] is a straight shooter, has tons of experience and cares about your emotions. My best interest was always at hand. He did 5 rounds of high dose estrogen and 5 hysterscopies in 5 months. One each month. I never felt rushed, never felt like a number. He would sit with us until we understood everything.... So he was treating me for ashermans syndrome. He suggested hysterscopies to clear the scar tissue out.
Very nice large lobby. Front desk staff [WashU] Check you in quickly, warm, kind. The office rooms are clean, organized. Once you enter from the lobby they take you back to whatever the procedure is. They have the ability to do a lot in house. I believe some procedures are done at the hospital but the location is easy to get in and out of and very clean, easy to navigate.... He [Dr. Odem] tells you the facts but still comes hopeful and willing to go far. He will also sometimes keep going if you request it but has ethics
How was your experience with Randall Odem at Washington University School of Medicine?
He’s like a father figure, he’s direct but warm. He is a straight shooter, has tons of experience and cares about your emotions. My best interest was always at hand. He did 5 rounds of high dose estrogen and 5 hysterscopies in 5 months. One each month. I never felt rushed, never felt like a number. He would sit with us until we understood everything. Outline what to expect our options. I even discussed transferring care to 2 different providers out of state and he was supportive but shares his opinion.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Randall Odem at Washington University School of Medicine?
Ask as many questions as you need, be transparent, share all your thoughts. He’ll help you work it out.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Randall Odem at Washington University School of Medicine?
You feel like he’s in it with you. He tells you the facts but still comes hopeful and willing to go far. He will also sometimes keep going if you request it but has ethics and will tell you when to stop. He’s called me after hours, answers all my questions and cares.
Describe the protocols Randall Odem used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
So he was treating me for ashermans syndrome. He suggested hysterscopies to clear the scar tissue out. I did 3 under general anesthesia and 2 awake. I preferred being awake I recovered quicker. He would have me do high doses of estrogen for about a month and then stop, start progesterone for a withdrawal bleed. Then we would repeat.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Very nice large lobby. Front desk staff Check you in quickly, warm, kind. The office rooms are clean, organized. Once you enter from the lobby they take you back to whatever the procedure is. They have the ability to do a lot in house. I believe some procedures are done at the hospital but the location is easy to get in and out of and very clean, easy to navigate.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randall Odem at Washington University School of Medicine.
I work for wash u so my copays are half and washu just put fertility on the benefits package so we get 10,000 dollars towards fertility treatment but it’s out of pocket cost.
St. Louis - Central West End

From the start Dr Omurtag gave us hope. He was kind, caring, and attentive. He answered all of our questions. He told us what we needed to know up front. He didn’t perform my egg retrieval but he stopped in to check on me, which was very nice. He also personally called me after my first negative test to discuss how I was doing and where to go next.... My protocol was pretty standard. With it being male factor infertility i didn’t have to do a lot of extra stuff. I took 3 different medications over a 10 day period.
We really liked this clinic [Washington U]. It was clean, professional, and everyone was friendly and caring. Sometimes we had to wait a little while for our appointment but that comes with most doctor offices. Our only downfall was trying to find a parking spot.... I was very pleased overall with Kathy, Jessie, and the rest of the care team. They always got back to me right away and answered all my questions. I could tell Kathy was upset when she had to tell me my first blood test was negative.
You won’t see him for every visit but he is aware of what’s going on and is still keeping up with your progress.
I definitely felt like a human, not a number. Dr Omurtag and everyone there were so helpful and caring.
My protocol was pretty standard. With it being male factor infertility i didn’t have to do a lot of extra stuff. I took 3 different medications over a 10 day period. I took cetrotide and was allergic to it, they had me take Benadryl with it. I almost overstimulated so I did have to take pills for that and up my fluids.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kathy )
I was very pleased overall with Kathy, Jessie, and the rest of the care team. They always got back to me right away and answered all my questions. I could tell Kathy was upset when she had to tell me my first blood test was negative. She cared about me and my feelings.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
We really liked this clinic. It was clean, professional, and everyone was friendly and caring. Sometimes we had to wait a little while for our appointment but that comes with most doctor offices. Our only downfall was trying to find a parking spot. Usually the reserved spots were open but sometimes we had to park somewhere else and hope we didn’t get a ticket.
We were fortunate that our insurance covered fertility treatments. With 2 rounds of IVF and doing ICSI we paid about $2500 out of pocket.
Describe Kenan Omurtag's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Washington University School of Medicine.
For our first transfer, we saw Dr Odem and he recommended transferring 2 embryos. He explained why and we agreed, however, it was unsuccessful. The second transfer we transferred one embryo which resulted in a positive blood test.

2015 - 2018, Successful
You walk in [to WashU] and the desk is in front of you. You usually get checked in fairly quickly. The welcome is not overly friendly, but appropriate and cordial. The waiting room is very nice, coffee machine, magazines, TV and radio. You are often in the lobby with several other couples who are all there for the same reason. When you are taken back you go to an office or a nurse may get some information and send you out. The wait times are not terrible.
Kenan was warm and engaged. I remember my husband joking he was so young. In ways I liked that piece because I felt like I could relate to him as a human and someone our age who understands all the issues we are facing. He was always very reserved about being too excited or hopeful, but would say until the baby is out and in your arms. That could sound harsh, but I think that it was helpful to keep us in the moment and not attaching to an outcome. He also referred me to Dr. Odem when he felt my Asherman's was too extensive for him to do surgery on. I appreciated him acknowledging he has limits to his medical ability and wanted to support me in getting the best possible care.
Ask as many questions as you need to in order to understand things. He will answer them and it is okay to be reserved and not jump on his first recommendation. You are allowed to dictate your own steps of care.
Keenan was great, very warm, personable. He was honest and did not make promises and took his time with us. I never felt rushed or like he needed to get to someone else. He was always quick to respond, took all my anxieties and worries seriously and was never dismissive.
He first gave me progesterone to see if I could bleed, I then had a dye test of my tubes to make sure there was no blockage and my organs were in good standing. He paired my cycle after progesterone with Letrosole and I ovulated and was pregnant on my first time. He stated that if we tried that given I had 5 failed rounds of Chlomid, he was going to recommend IUI.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Washington University School of Medicine.
I remember them giving me detailed information, being very calm, organized and relaxed. They answered questions and responded quickly.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
You walk in and the desk is in front of you. You usually get checked in fairly quickly. The welcome is not overly friendly, but appropriate and cordial. The waiting room is very nice, coffee machine, magazines, TV and radio. You are often in the lobby with several other couples who are all there for the same reason. When you are taken back you go to an office or a nurse may get some information and send you out. The wait times are not terrible.
I am a university employee so my insurance covers my fees. It was never expensive or unreasonable. Sometimes medications were very expensive regardless. However I understand meds and IVF are very expensive. They are very understanding of the financial challenge and work to support individuals in getting feedback and support from billing.
St. Louis - Central West End
Dr. Jungheim was very friendly and explained everything to me in terms I could understand. She even drew pictures to explain various steps. Before meeting with her, she reviewed my file very thoroughly and didn't offer any procedure she didn't think I would need...She is very understanding and will answer any of your questions without reservation....A different doctor did my retrieval and transfer because they work as a team....
They (Wash U- CWE) were very understanding, great listeners, could compassionate, understanding, and informative. I never felt that I couldn't ask them something....The only weakness is the front desk staff. Although they are timely, they are just very cold. Once you get past the waiting area it becomes a great experience and everyone calms your nerves....It was efficient and I loved that they were first thing in the morning so I could still make it to work on time.
How was your experience with Emily Jungheim at Washington University School of Medicine?
Dr. Jungheim was very friendly and explained everything to me in terms I could understand. She even drew pictures to explain various steps. Before meeting with her, she reviewed my file very thoroughly and didn't offer any procedure she didn't think I would need considering I had been through so much before going to this specific clinic.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Emily Jungheim at Washington University School of Medicine?
Know that you work with all doctors and not with just the one you see the first time. A different doctor did my retrieval and transfer because they work as a team. She is very understanding and will answer any of your questions without reservation.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Emily Jungheim at Washington University School of Medicine?
The doctors and nurses were always wonderful. The front desk staff was unfriendly and very unwelcoming. They never even greeted you with a "Good Morning" to ease your anxiety.
Describe the protocols Emily Jungheim used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
I was on the long agonist protocol. I started Dec. 24 with my first shot and triggered Jan. 14. I started taking all 3 shots by Dec. 31 I believe. I felt bloated at times and had one headache, but overall I wasn't miserable. I am currently in the TWW so I don't have results.
They were very understanding, great listeners, could compassionate, understanding, and informative. I never felt that I couldn't ask them something. They even handled my one complaint with instructions for the POU shot well and were interested in what I found helpful.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The only weakness is the front desk staff. Although they are timely, they are just very cold. Once you get past the waiting area it becomes a great experience and everyone calms your nerves. The introduction session was amazing and very informative!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Emily Jungheim at Washington University School of Medicine.
$325 just for the initial appointment consultation. $130 for the trial embryo transfer.... Those are the only two bills I remember the amounts of.
Describe Emily Jungheim's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Washington University School of Medicine.
I felt rushed in this decision. We were thinking initially that it would be a single embryo, and when I went in for my egg retrieval and saw a different doctor, he said he was worried there is a cause other than my endometriosis and would recommend ICSI just to increase our chances of being successful this first round. At transfer and showed me two embryos and said the 3 wasn't looking good and probably wouldn't freeze. He said of the two was was a really good 7 cell and the other was a 6 cell but it appeared the cells were starting to merge so he wasn't as sure of it. Using the amendment logic he had with retrieval, and not wanting to live with regrets, we went with 2.
What specific things went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine?
One morning the front desk told me I didn't have an appointment when I knew I did. I waited for almost an hour before the realizes it somehow got placed under my maiden name... I've been married 5 years and never went to this clinic under my maiden name.
St. Louis - Central West End
She [Dr. Keller] was prepared at meetings and worked with us, our expectations and personally reviewed our outcomes....She was open to sugggestions of next steps in treatment and was very knowledgeable in statistics of different procedures like scratch test, assisted hatching, ICSI, etc and she explained procedures and set up expectations for us...the weakness- because of her compassion I think she was less direct than we needed about my diagnosis of diminished ovarian reserve.
There are a lot of patients at this clinic [Wash U] but you wouldn’t know it. I don’t know how they remain so personable with so many people in and out the door. We use a patient portal system and everyone is always quick to respond...I can’t enough about the nursing staff at the clinic. They really kept me going and we there for me when I cried. I loved the nursing staff at the clinic. They knew me by name and were extremely compassionate and excited for us in every cycle.
Strengths- she knew our history and us as people. She was open to sugggestions of next steps in treatment and was very knowledgeable in statistics of different procedures like scratch test, assisted hatching, ICSI, etc and she explained procedures and set up expectations for us. She truly cared about us as a couple. She even talked us through next steps on another cycle right after her father passed away. She is selfless. The weakness- because of her compassion I think she was less direct than we needed about my diagnosis of diminished ovarian reserve. She expressed the panel of docs at clinic would advocate for donor eggs but said we could continue to try. In hindsight I feel it would have been better to be more blunt about our chances with own eggs so we could have moved forward with donor eggs sooner. Overall, I think we had to come to that acceptance before anything. I’m glad she introduced the topic to us and moved ahead with lightening speed thereafter
Be proactive and know what you want. She will be there to support your treatment plan and advocate for you.
Because she knew me and my husband as people and our history. She was prepared at meetings and worked with us, our expectations and personally reviewed our outcomes. She cared about me with every negative pregnancy test that happened. She helped us do clinic cycles in between IVF cycles to increase our chances.
With DOR- we tried femara cycle day 5-9 plus follistim but had to convert to IUI. We did 2 antagonist cycles with gonal-f (225) and menopur (225) with one cycle doing an estrogen prime. Last cycle we did estrogen prime plus micro dose Lupron flare anatagonist
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
There are a lot of patients at this clinic but you wouldn’t know it. I don’t know how they remain so personable with so many people in and out the door. We use a patient portal system and everyone is always quick to respond
We had help with insurance. The largest out of pocket cost was donor reimbursement fees which were $5000 plus adminustrative costs which were $3000
She showed us her statistics at the clinic and discussed risks, benefits and chances with eSET & multiple transfers but left the decision up to us ultimately
St. Louis - Central West End
I have always felt like a human under the care of Dr. Keller.... The first appointment we had with Dr. Keller to meet to chat about IVF was one I will never forget. After sitting with her, discussing all that is involved with IVF, Dr. Keller looked at us and said, "I want you to get your baby! That is my goal here!". It made me feel as if I wasn't alone and I felt as if my husband and I are in the best hands.... she is trustworthy and will fight for the best care for you.
Washington University Fertility and Reproductive Medicine Center is well known and the doctors there have the best communication with their patients.... The nursing staff and the care coordinator have been wonderful so far in our journey through IVF. My husband and I tend to have many questions because we are both nurses. They call back in a timely manner and always seem to find the answers if they don't have them for us right away.
Being a nurse, I have learned about effective communication. Having effective communication with physicians is always key to experience excellent care. After my husband and I miscarried our baby boy at 17 weeks, I learned to be an advocate for my care even more. I did not have complications after my D&C surgery after miscarriage. I however was diagnosed with an uterine arterial venous malformation which is very rare. I was under my general OBGYN at the time I was diagnosed and Dr. Keller which is my infertility specialist. Many doctors were consulted to see if they had an idea of how to treat the AVM in my uterus. A month or so after my diagnosis, I was told it would not be in my best interest to carry children for my safety and health. Dr. Keller was my main physician who helped me through my time of this diagnosis. She understood how hard this time was because we have never had any children and I was only 26 years old at the time. Every time I was seen by her, I felt as if she was fighting for answers for my husband and I, seeing everything in our best interest. Time went by and I ended up hemorrhaging, which is a complication of the uterine AVM, and admitted to the hospital multiple times in a months span. While the bleeding would start and stop, the doctors were trying to figure out how to save my fertility without doing anything to drastic. After failed attempts to do so, I ultimately had to make the decision to get a hysterectomy for my health and safety. Dr. Keller was always there, one call away, to answer all my questions and concerns. I wanted to make sure that this was the best decision for myself and that there weren't any other options available. I trusted her decision, as did my husband. Now, fast forward to a little over a year later, and were are about to do an IVF cycle to ultimately have a surrogate carry our baby. After a couple of months of trying to heal mentally and physically, my husband and I are ready for our next steps into starting our family. The first appointment we had with Dr. Keller to meet to chat about IVF was one I will never forget. After sitting with her, discussing all that is involved with IVF, Dr. Keller looked at us and said, "I want you to get your baby! That is my goal here!". It made me feel as if I wasn't alone and I felt as if my husband and I are in the best hands. She always asks how I am doing when I meet with her, how I am healing, and just how I feel overall. My experiences that I have gone through in the past year and half are something I never expected. I never dreamt of not being able to carry our children. It sure does make it easier having Dr. Keller sincerely care about my husband and I and our ultimate goal which is to start our family. There is nothing bad I could say about Dr. Keller!
That she is trustworthy and will fight for the best care for you. She will always listen and respect your decisions. Effective communication!
I have always felt like a human under the care of Dr. Keller. After going through some testing for infertility, we became pregnant on our own. We miscarried our baby boy at 17 weeks. I was then diagnosed with an AVM in my uterus and ended up hemorrhaging a month after my miscarriage. I was in and out of the hospital with complications and trying to figure out how to save my fertility with my new diagnosis. I was always in contact with Dr. Keller and trusted her input on everything regarding our decisions. Ultimately, a hysterectomy had to happen for my safety and health. At age 26, with no children, it was and for ever will be the hardest decision of my life. Dr. Keller was there for my husband and I during that time and is now guiding us through IVF to do egg retrieval to have a surrogate. I am forever thankful for her care!
I am about 3 weeks away from our very first round of IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Susan )
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Washington University Fertility and Reproductive Medicine Center is well known and the doctors there have the best communication with their patients. They do egg retrievals 7 days a week, and they don't clump everyone into cycles together. They are able to work with each patient one on one.
I will know a more detailed cost estimate soon. Since we are just beginning our first IVF cycle, I am not sure of the overall costs. I estimate it being close to $20,000.
Dr. Keller has discussed her approach to both because of us needing to use a surrogate since I cannot carry. The decision mainly depends on the surrogate and what they agree too, but she does mention it is best to not do a multiple embryo transfer for surrogate to carry. It costs more and many more risks involve is my understanding.
St. Louis - Central West End
Dr. Omurtag was very aware of how difficult this process was and was always willing to work with my husband and me to find a treatment plan that worked for us. He listened to our concerns and made us feel good about moving forward. He was also very helpful in explaining our treatment.... Dr. Omurtag is a very helpful and compassionate doctor. He helped us navigate through a very frustrating and disappointing time in our life, which ended up resulting in the birth of our son. He was very informative and straightforward, but also listened to our concerns and reservations. I can’t recommend Dr. Omurtag and his staff enough!!
[Wash U is] Very organized, friendly, and helpful. Great and making sure you are informed and always willing to answer your questions. I never had to wait too long for appointments either. It was very easy to get ahold of my nurse or doctor.... Cathy was always very helpful and informative. She did the one IUI I had with Wash U. She was great about answering all of my questions.
Trust the process and try to be patient. Also, don’t be afraid to advocate for yourself and ask questions.
First we tried a medicated cycle with injections and an IUI. I over responded to the injections and had to wait 2 months for my ovaries to go down. Didn’t get to the IUI that time. We tried again, this time with less dosage and an IUI, by resulted in a negative pregnancy test. After that, we were ready to move forward with IVF. I used injections for 4-5 days (Gonal F, Menopur, and Lupron). My egg retrieval resulted in 32 eggs, 19 were mature, and we decided, as a personal decision to only fertilize 10. We did a fresh transfer with one of our day 5 embryos and ended up freezing the remaining four embryos we had for future use.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Cathy)
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Insurance covered our IVF treatment so I’m not sure. Medications cost us $3,000 out of pocket, and we had to put $600 (if I remember correctly) down to be financially clear.
St. Louis - Central West End

He [Dr. Kenan Omurtag] wanted to start us with IUI because we had one miscarriage prior to meeting with him. It was possible for us to get pregnant but had been challenging. IUI was the more affordable option and we had a good chance of success. He stated to do 3 rounds and if one did not work we would meet again and decide the next steps. Most likely IVF.
Good communication, friendly receptionists, nice waiting area and multiple doctors available at all times to assist with procedures [at Wash U]. Everything was explained in detail when we were there and the billing department always let you know when a procedure was or wasn’t covered by insurance.... Kathy [a nurse] is super friendly and informative. She communicated information to Dr. Omurtag quickly and always got back to us in a timely manner. She performed all three of our IUIs.
Kenan explained everything in detail and was interested everything we had done before meeting with him. He got to know my husband and I in detail and gave us a reassuring feeling when we left his office.
He is on it and will want to be aggressive with treatment. I think this is a good thing!
When I enter the clinic I feel like the staff know who I am and where I’m at in my journey.
He wanted to start us with IUI because we had one miscarriage prior to meeting with him. It was possible for us to get pregnant but had been challenging. IUI was the more affordable option and we had a good chance of success. He stated to do 3 rounds and if one did not work we would meet again and decide the next steps. Most likely IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kathy)
Kathy is super friendly and informative. She communicated information to Dr. Omurtag quickly and always got back to us in a timely manner. She performed all three of our IUIs.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
I have nothing bad to say. Good communication, friendly receptionists, nice waiting area and multiple doctors available at all times to assist with procedures. Everything was explained in detail when we were there and the billing department always let you know when a procedure was or wasn’t covered by insurance.
First visit was covered with copay and we never were charged for all of our blood work, so insurance covered that. Our IUI’s were $383 each time and the ovidrel shot was $107
St. Louis - Central West End

In our first appointment with Dr. Odem he took the time to sit down with my husband and i, hear our story of ttc and what we had done with our previous RE and came up with a plan of action. He took me off some medications that the doctor before had flippantly put me on and I was grateful for his knowledge.... He is kind and compassionate, willing to change a protocol if something is not working... We started on Letrozole for one cycle to get myself to ovulate
Clinic [WashU School of Med] is easily accessible if you work or live in the city. They are willing to accommodate appointments/procedures on Saturdays instead of making you work with their schedule, they work with yours. They are a bigger clinic so you may not get to see your doctor every appointment but the nursing staff has all been wonderful so far and i feel like we're getting great care. Love that they have a lab within their clinic so you get blood results back within the same day typically.
He is kind and compassionate, willing to change a protocol if something is not working. He took the time to listen to our story and helped us come up with a plan that we were all on board with and adjustments if we ran into problems.
We started on Letrozole for one cycle to get myself to ovulate and then the next cycle did the same protocol since i was able to ovulate the previous month. We are going in for our first IUI this cycle.
The nursing staff has been wonderful. If you leave a message, they call you back within an hour or two at the most. They take time to answer questions and address concerns.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Clinic is easily accessible if you work or live in the city. They are willing to accommodate appointments/procedures on Saturdays instead of making you work with their schedule, they work with yours. They are a bigger clinic so you may not get to see your doctor every appointment but the nursing staff has all been wonderful so far and i feel like we're getting great care. Love that they have a lab within their clinic so you get blood results back within the same day typically.
2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr. Omurtag has been great...we lost our last baby in March of 2018 since then he has been available for any questions i have had about donor embryos and the adoption process...they have determined that my eggs and embryos were not good :( while this is a very hard thing to take I have enjoyed greatly working with Dr. Omurtag when i ask a question about a certain site he will do the research and give me his honest thoughts on the site and has been there to walk us through the process.
The staff [at Washington University School of Medicine] is great very friendly and want to make you as comfortable as possible. The facility is very clean this is a learning/teaching hospital and so there will be a lot of people involved in your care but the whole place is good I only wish my result could have been different and that we had better results with our embryos...There were times i felt like Kathy didnt care but other times you could hear in her voice that she wanted better results
Dr. Omurtag has been great we lost our last baby in March of 2018 since then he has been available for any questions i have had about donor embryos and the adoption process they have determined that my eggs and embryos were not good :( while this is a very hard thing to take I have enjoyed greatly working with Dr. Omurtag when i ask a question about a certain site he will do the research and give me his honest thoughts on the site and has been there to walk us through the process.
Be patient when waiting for responses he will respond within a couple of days but he is also doing his research and often responds late so you know that you are important to him
Dr. Omurtag made sure that i was fully aware of the process and what was happening to me as well as what to expect he took time to make sure that all my questions were answered and understood. Never once did we feel rushed in and out of the office we were always given the time needed to understand and for the processes
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The staff is great very friendly and want to make you as comfortable as possible. The facility is very clean this is a learning/teaching hospital and so there will be a lot of people involved in your care but the whole place is good I only wish my result could have been different and that we had better results with our embryos.
St. Louis - Missouri Baptist Med Center

Dr. Jungheim is incredibly warm and very thorough and scientific in her treatment planning and recommendations. I would wholeheartedly recommend her to a friend. She maintained a positive but realistic attitude throughout the process.... Each time we met with Dr. Jungheim, she took all the time we needed to answer our questions and provide us with more information on the treatments she was recommending.
This Washington University clinic has the very best physicians, and I have been extremely impressed by the nursing staff as well. The one improvement I feel could be made is to the front desk staff who can be a bit gruff.... I completed 3 Clomid+IUI cycles with Dr. Jungheim, all of which resulted in negative pregnancy tests. Dr. Jungheim then recommended we swiftly move on to IVF, rather than doing more IUI cycles, given that this is shown to get patients pregnant faster and for less cost overall than doing more IUI cycles.
Dr. Jungheim diagnosed me with unexplained infertility. She was not able to pinpoint any specific issues in either my partner nor I. I completed 3 Clomid+IUI cycles with Dr. Jungheim, all of which resulted in negative pregnancy tests. Dr. Jungheim then recommended we swiftly move on to IVF, rather than doing more IUI cycles, given that this is shown to get patients pregnant faster and for less cost overall than doing more IUI cycles.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Dr. Jungheim has a strong preference for eSET.
St. Louis - Central West End
He [Dr. Odem] was easy to talk to and provided sufficient information for us to understand the process....I like that all of the doctors at Washington University work as a team and discuss all cases weekly to try to obtain the best results. Never felt that he was misleading me for his own personal financial gain....I was on the long agonist protocol. This was due to my irregular cycle and endometriosis. I feel everything went as expected.... If possible, they would like to do eSET; however, that depends upon the number of eggs retrieved and on how the fertilized eggs are developing at day 3.
I think it is important to know that the doctors at Washington University work as a team so they collaborate on all the cases. This means that you are not only dealing with your doctor, who is likely to be top notch, but your case gets input from other great doctors as well....I believe the procedures were approximately 11,000 which included everything but the medication. Medication costs were about $5000...The day I took the 14 day pregnancy test, they failed to call me with the results of the test.
He was very knowledgeable. I like that all of the doctors at Washington University work as a team and discuss all cases weekly to try to obtain the best results. Never felt that he was misleading me for his own personal financial gain.
Ask questions as he is more than willing to answer them.
He was easy to talk to and provided sufficient information for us to understand the process.
Great team. They communicate well and promptly call with information.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Describe Randall Odem's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Washington University School of Medicine.
St. Louis - Central West End
He [Dr. Omurtag] was a bit in a rush. But knew what was going on. And always considered our questions or thoughts on potential alternatives ... He was a bit in a rush. But knew what was going on. And always considered our questions or thoughts on potential alternatives ... He recommended single. But decision was ours. ... Did the major procedures. Checked up on us. Overall great
They’re are a lot of doctors and nurses who seem very competent. ... The location is in the central west end and most of the appointment times seemed to be mid morning for us. The procedures where all done onsite ... Since it’s affiliate with WashU it seems like it’s more legit than a standalone practice. ... All total not including the medication it cost just over 20,000 as that was my companies reimbursement limit.
Very clear. To the point. Listened to our questions and considered there (e.g. considering massage therapy instead of tube removal). Had stickers on his laptop that once made him seem a bit less professional. But very personable. Did the major procedures. Checked up on us. Overall great
Trust him.
Gonal F and cetrotide
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
They’re are a lot of doctors and nurses who seem very competent. Since it’s affiliate with WashU it seems like it’s more legit than a standalone practice. The location is in the central west end and most of the appointment times seemed to be mid morning for us. The procedures where all done onsite
About 14000 including a fresh transfer with medication costing additional 6000 and the frozen transfer costing about 2000. All total not including the medication it cost just over 20,000 as that was my companies reimbursement limit.
He recommended single. But decision was ours. He said for our case it would not increase the likelihood of conception
St. Louis - Central West End

He [Dr. Omurtag] truly cares about his patients. He takes the time to listen to us as well as explain everything on the medical end. He gives opinions but does not try to push us in a specific direction. We also loved that he was very personable and knowledgeable.... Antagonist protocol I was on lupron, gonal-f, Menopur, and then later progesterone.... He always took time to talk to us and knew exactly who we were every time we saw him.
Washington University keeps up with the latest research and has a high success rate. Their staff are personable and compassionate. They are quick and thorough when it comes to communication. They are willing to work with you, answer questions, and take time to listen.... He [Dr. Omurtag] always took time to talk to us and knew exactly who we were every time we saw him.
He truly cares about his patients. He takes the time to listen to us as well as explain everything on the medical end. He gives opinions but does not try to push us in a specific direction. We also loved that he was very personable and knowledgeable.
Let him guide you through everything and trust his judgement.
St. Louis - Central West End
She [Dr. Jimenez] is very warm and welcoming and answered all questions we had. If calls occurred, they were returned quickly. She is new to the practice but has already set a great impression. I look forward to continuing our journey and hopefully having success this year....Great teaching and listening... I am going to be doing the long agonist protocol. The thought is to suppress my endometriosis and reset my hormones.
Ensure you keep track of your insurance and bills. There was an issue with a payment made in office [Wash U School of Med] and still has not posted. Ask for the green dot for parking if not sent in your intro packet. Also ensure an email is sent to invite you the online health portal.... We financed and 2 cycles with up to 4 transfers is $28k... She [Dr. Jimenez] is very warm and welcoming and answered all questions we had. If calls occurred, they were returned quickly.
She is very warm and welcoming and answered all questions we had. If calls occurred, they were returned quickly. She is new to the practice but has already set a great impression. I look forward to continuing our journey and hopefully having success this year.
Take detailed notes and make a list of questions for each visit. Write the answers down at your visit and remember to call if additional questions arise.
Great teaching and listening
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Ensure you keep track of your insurance and bills. There was an issue with a payment made in office and still has not posted. Ask for the green dot for parking if not sent in your intro packet. Also ensure an email is sent to invite you the online health portal.
We financed and 2 cycles with up to 4 transfers is $28k
St. Louis - Central West End

I rarely saw or spoke with Jungheim. The care was through nurses. ... I never felt like she was involved in my care at all - or that she even knew any of the details. ... found her nice but behind in the medical literature...based on the outdated practices used in my care compared to the recommendations by ACOG and ASRM. ... She wanted to transfer all 3 but I refused as that is not recommended by ASRM
Wrong semen results. Poor protocols. [Washington University School of Medicine] Charged $2000 because we made more embryos than transferred. Never told prices after insurance despite asking. Incorrect billing to insurance - transfer and extra two days of incubation covered, not doctor or egg retrieval. Double billed for ultrasounds. ... With medication $31,000 for one cycle of IVF. We were not told this upfront ... The nurse was fine - she handled some of the IUIs and the phone calls. I often felt like she didn't have good answers to my questions but no real issues.
I rarely saw Dr. Jungheim despite being her patient. The model of care is centered on nurses and techs - you only see the doctor for initial consult and egg retrieval/transfers and there is no certainty you will get your doctor. I found her nice but behind in the medical literature and she certainly didn't seem like a world class IVF researcher (or Center of Excellence as WUSTL bills it) based on the outdated practices used in my care compared to the recommendations by ACOG and ASRM.
Go elsewhere - the people that have success here with IVF would likely conceive with monitored IUIs elsewhere.
Honestly, I rarely saw or spoke with Jungheim. The care was through nurses. I saw her for my initial visit, for a a visit after 3 failed IUIs, at egg retrieval, and at my fresh embryo transfer. She called once or twice - once after I left a furious message with the nurse when we were given the wrong man's sperm information and after I demanded a call when our embryo transfer failed. I never felt like she was involved in my care at all - or that she even knew any of the details. The few meetings we had felt like combat - I would come in having read all the recent literature and wanting standards of care based on current recommendations, and she would cite decade old research as justification for her decisions. IUIs were done with clomid and no monitoring. When I could not detect ovulation one month they did a vaginal ultrasound and found a cyst. I was not told about the cyst (I saw it when I requested my medical records) nor was it monitored in any way.
IUIs - 2 with clomid, no cycle monitoring. Test at home for ovulation using home predictor strips and call when positive. Bring in sample, it will be washed and inseminated by a nurse. Next 2 IUIs were with femera after I had a reaction to the clomid. IVF: long lupron. 15 days stim protocol. daily lupron, started with 3 vials menopur and gonal-f. I was told this is what they did for low AMH values. Doses were adjusted every 3rd day based on bloodwork and ultrasound scans. Triggered with IM HGH; egg retrieval followed. We retrieved 13 eggs, 10 mature, 3 fertilized and all 3 made it to day 3. Transfer: fresh embryo transfer on day 3. She wanted to transfer all 3 but I refused as that is not recommended by ASRM. We agreed to two. We had 8, 7, and 6 cell embryos; transferred 6 and 8 cell embryos and asked to continue growing the 7 cell to day 5 and freezing. We were told it would likely not make it. It did and we froze the embryo. And for this - our embryo having the audacity to live and me refusing to transfer above the ASRM recommendations we were charged $2000 in lab culture fees for the additional two days of growth.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Melanie or Molly? )
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Strengths - TV shows episodes of Great British Baking. I was really well monitored coming out of anesthesia following the egg retrieval and felt really well cared for. They kept me for more than a hour, made sure I could urinate, and just overall kept me well monitored. This was probably the best part of my experience with them. Weaknesses - IUIs are unmonitored and not likely to succeed. Cysts were not monitored. No communication with doctor outside of consults and those were few and far between. The biggest issues: 1) we had very low fertilization rates even with ICSI (next clinic 100% vs 30%). 2) 3 day fresh transfers are just not that common any more because all the data suggest that day 5 and frozen transfers are more likely to implant. Ultimately, we choose to move our remaining embryo to a different practice because we both were convinced WUSTL would kill the embryo and our chances of success with them would be low. Based on the numbers, they do numerous egg retrievals for each success and they have a biased clinic population towards younger (&lt;35 years old) women. Also, they gave us someone else's semen analysis. Finally: billing. We went to the WUSTL FRCM because it was the only clinic my insurance would cover. We had 10k in drugs and 10k in infertility. I got a pre-approval as required by the practice and the insurance company. I asked what our share would be when paying the $600 cycle deposit. I was told they couldn't tell me - it was against policy. We went ahead on good faith. That was a huge mistake. Our IVF cycle with them cost $31,000 including $12,000 in drugs. We were expected to pay the $11,000 difference at full rate - not a plan and not at the negotiated rate with our insurance company. It cost us more to do a cycle with WUSTL FRCM with insurance than with another clinic without insurance.
With medication $31,000 for one cycle of IVF. We were not told this upfront (had 20k insurance cap - 10 meds, 10 procedures). We were told after negative pregnancy test we owed $11,000 including $2000 in lab fees for making more embryos then were transferred.
She transfers too many embryos too early.
What specific things went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine?
Wrong semen results. Poor protocols. Charged $2000 because we made more embryos than transferred. Never told prices after insurance despite asking. Incorrect billing to insurance - transfer and extra two days of incubation covered, not doctor or egg retrieval. Double billed for ultrasounds.
St. Louis - Central West End

Staff [at Washington University School of Medicine] is friendly on arrival. When I was there they were transitioning computer charting, so everyone was confused. When making initial appointment, found it difficult to get through. When doing the financial clearance portion, found it difficult to get a callback...Dr Jungheim explained every detail of the IVF process and the steps we would be taking next. She was very knowledgeable and transparent. She was compassionate and had great bedside manner. She looks at all treatment options and decides what would work best for you. When a test result showed something we weren’t expecting, she had a plan be to use if needed. I am not through my IVF cycle, but have had a great experience with Dr. Jungheim this far.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Staff is friendly on arrival. When I was there they were transitioning computer charting, so everyone was confused. When making initial appointment, found it difficult to get through. When doing the financial clearance portion, found it difficult to get a callback.
St. Louis - Central West End

During the initial consultation he was very well informed about our process already and had a game plan already in place for our experience with his clinic [Washington University - St. Louis]. He focused on our issues and I felt like he was a lot more willing to tailor the process to our specific needs, unlike our previous doctor. He went over everything in great detail, allowed us time to ask questions, and was just wonderful to work with the entire time. He genuinely cares about his patients and the outcome of their treatment.
Everything is in one spot, they get you in and out in a timely manner while still preforming the best they can. Every single person I came in contact with had such a positive attitude and was so pleasant to work with. I loved the entire staff [Washington University - St. Louis]! ... They treated me with the utmost respect and care that I needed during this difficult process. ... The nursing staff was wonderful. They made no mistakes and went over everything with me thoroughly.
I came to Dr. Omurtag after we had a very bad experience with another local fertility specialist after a failed IVF cycle. He also came highly recommended by coworkers. During the initial consultation he was very well informed about our process already and had a game plan already in place for our experience with his clinic. He focused on our issues and I felt like he was a lot more willing to tailor the process to our specific needs, unlike our previous doctor. He went over everything in great detail, allowed us time to ask questions, and was just wonderful to work with the entire time. He genuinely cares about his patients and the outcome of their treatment. I have already recommended him to friends, and will return to him later on for additional treatment when needed. Best fertility doctor ever!
As hard as the entire process is, try to relax and trust that this fertility clinic has your best interest at heart.
Everyone I came in contact with at this clinic was absolutely wonderful. They treated me with the utmost respect and care that I needed during this difficult process. I couldn't say more positive things about the entire staff, they were perfect!
We did a full IVF procedure. I went in for a sonohyst to check my ovarian reserve, everything went great. They then started me on birth control pills after my next period, which I took for 3 weeks. I started Lupron 4 days before my birth control ended, then added in Gonal F, and Menopur later on. We did the trigger shot and then egg retrieval, and a 5 day fresh transfer.
The nursing staff was wonderful. They made no mistakes and went over everything with me thoroughly. They were great to work with and had my best interest at heart. Loved them!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
I have been to more than one fertility clinic, and I have to say, this one was the absolute best, hands down. Everything is in one spot, they get you in and out in a timely manner while still preforming the best they can. Every single person I came in contact with had such a positive attitude and was so pleasant to work with. I loved the entire staff!
$600ish with insurance benefits, also we has already met our deductible for the year
St. Louis - Central West End

Dr. Omurtag is very kind, knowledgable, and patient...We also felt that he was very comfortable and competant in working with the LGBT community.He is very nice and makes you feel at ease. He explains things in an understandable way. My only word of caution would be that WashU does see a lot of patients and the majority of your interactions will not be with Dr. Omurtag.... He also tried to make us feel hopeful, and we could tell that he wanted us to be successful.
WashU sees a lot of patients, and the service is not very personal. We have not been treated poorly, but we also have not been treated exceptionally well by the staff...The nursing staff is competant and efficient. However, I cannot say that they show much compassion or attempt to get to know you personally. This is probably due to the volume of patients they see...IUIs were $385, and ultrasounds were $345. IVF is going to be approximately $11,500 (before meds).
Dr. Omurtag is very kind, knowledgable, and patient. We left our consultation with him feeling like our questions were answered. He also tried to make us feel hopeful, and we could tell that he wanted us to be successful. We also felt that he was very comfortable and competant in working with the LGBT community.
I would have no reservations referring someone to Dr. Omurtag. He is very nice and makes you feel at ease. He explains things in an understandable way. My only word of caution would be that WashU does see a lot of patients and the majority of your interactions will not be with Dr. Omurtag.
WashU sees a lot of patients, and the service is not very personal. We have not been treated poorly, but we also have not been treated exceptionally well by the staff. Dr. Omertag is very kind and personal, but we only saw him for consultations.
I did 3 IUIs, two with Clomid and one natural. I did day 12 ultrasounds to monitor follicles for the second and third cycles. For one cycle it was determined that the clomid diminished my lining so I was given estradoil and a trigger shot. IUI's were typically done the day after the positive LH surge. They were done by the nurse.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The obvious strength of WashU is that they have the highest success rates in the area. The doctors are experts at one of the most highly ranked medical centers in the country. Dr. Omrutag is very personable and patient as well. The weakness is that the staff is not very personal.
We are just beginning the IVF process, but during our IVF consultation he informed us that they recommend transfering only one embryo.
St. Louis - Central West End

Each time I met with her, she [Dr. Emily Junheim] talked with me and explained things very thoroughly. She did not stare at my file or computer but came prepared to our appointments knowing exactly what was going on.... We started with ultrasounds, HSG, and blood work. After that it was determined I wasn't ovulating consistently. (I had also previously had surgery to remove cyst, ovary, and Fallopian tube. I had also previously been diagnosed with endometriosis). We did 3 rounds of Letrozole and IUI. All 3 resulted in negative pregnancy tests. We are now in the process of beginning IVF.
Everyone that I have encountered has been very kind, friendly, and helpful [at Washington University School of Medicine]. Be prepared to see different faces if you go in different days and times and know you will not always see your doctor for procedures. Regardless, everyone has been great and good to work with.... You may not see Dr. Jungheim for the procedures but they want to do things on each patient's time table and not the doctor's.
Again, I appreciate the time she took to explain treatments to me. She came to the appointments prepared. I also appreciated that she called me after my 3rd IUI (I wasn't even home yet) to touch base.
I would tell them to recognize that this is a practice and not a single doctor clinic. You may not see Dr. Jungheim for the procedures but they want to do things on each patient's time table and not the doctor's.
Each time I met with her, she talked with me and explained things very thoroughly. She did not stare at my file or computer but came prepared to our appointments knowing exactly what was going on.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nikki)
I have just started communicating with her more with our upcoming IVF. She called and explained the entire process to me again, let me know what we needed to be done before we could begin, and gave suggestions on what could be helpful. They are very quick to return phone calls after I leave messages.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Everyone that I have encountered has been very kind, friendly, and helpful. Be prepared to see different faces if you go in different days and times and know you will not always see your doctor for procedures. Regardless, everyone has been great and good to work with.
IUIs have ran around $500. The IVF quote including medicine is roughly $14,000

2013 - 2017, Unknown Success
Dr Cooper is the most compassionate and empathetic physician I have ever had. Her knowledge and expertise on infertility related disease states are well shown through the research and studies she partakes in within the reproductive/endocrinology field. She treats each patient like a person and not as a statistic that will increase/decrease her facilities success rates. She never rushes you and thoroughly answers all questions during all phone and in person interactions.
I love the feel of this clinic [Centers for Reproductive Medicine and Wellness], it is very small and you get to know all the staff very well. All the staff do an excellent job at their positions. Since it is a new facility, I have had issues with billing, but have never been pressured to pay anything before seen or a next appointment. The hold up was just due to the Doctor getting credentialed with each insurance company taking some time.
How was your experience with Amber Cooper at Washington University School of Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Amber Cooper at Washington University School of Medicine?
Make an in person consultation ASAP to see for yourself what a wonderful physician she is. You will leave feeling loved, cared about, and that your best interest is her number one priority.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Amber Cooper at Washington University School of Medicine?
She made me feel like she truest wanted the best outcomes for me and despite my hormone levels was still willing to work with me if treatment is what I wanted to persue
Describe the protocols Amber Cooper used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
After being diagnosed with premature ovarian insiffiency, I wanted to know that I tried everything I could before opting for donor eggs. I tried high doses of gonadotropins such as follistim and menopur, but still did not produce follicles of sufficient size to proceed to a trigger and a retrieval. I tried this 2 different times, both times with the same results. I am currently in the process of persueing donor eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Andrea Brantley )
Andrea was great in communicating with me the plan Dr. Copper wanted me to take or to provide me lab/ultrasound results. She was just as compassionate and empathetic as Dr. Cooper.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
I love the feel of this clinic, it is very small and you get to know all the staff very well. All the staff do an excellent job at their positions. Since it is a new facility, I have had issues with billing, but have never been pressured to pay anything before seen or a next appointment. The hold up was just due to the Doctor getting credentialed with each insurance company taking some time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Amber Cooper at Washington University School of Medicine.
After my deductible is met, insurance picks up a majority of my visit cost. Prior to my deductible being met, a consultation was around $250, all of which was being applied to my deductible.
Amber Cooper