4444 Forest Park Avenue
3023 N. Ballas Road
St. Louis, MO 63131
314-286-2400

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
Washington University Physicians Department of reproductive endocrinology has a very impersonal approach to IVF. You are unlikely to go through the cycle with your chosen doctor, they will not customize a protocol or attempt to think outside the box to fix your protocol if your body is not reacting like it's supposed to. If your body doesn't react like a normal person's body, you will not get pregnant with this Clinic.... My PPO insurance does cover infertility.
How was your experience with Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine?
Dr.Omurtag seems like a nice guy, but at the core of it he really does not care if you get pregnant or not. When we first saw this doctor we were essentially told that we had a greater than 60% chance of success for one cycle of IVF and that most likely since it was male Factor infertility we were battling one cycle would be all it would take. Our first cycle of IVF they retrieved 13 eggs, only 4 were mature, and only one embryo was created. Dr. Omurtag brushed this off as a fluke and we tried again. Washington University only has certain set protocols in place, they do not customize a protocol for the way your body reacts. If you don't fit perfectly into the box then you are not going to have success at this Clinic. Additionally, the doctor making decisions about your care is going to be whatever doctor happens to be on call for IVF that week and they may not know your case or your history at all.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine?
Don't.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine?
This doctor made flippant remarks about how it's all a numbers game and we only need one embryo implying that there's no use trying for more than one
Describe the protocols Kenan Omurtag used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
My first cycle of IVF was a long Agonist protocol. We did Lupron for 10 days I think, followed by stimulation with follistim and menopur. I triggered with HCG for my retrieval. My second cycle of IVF was different, I did not use Lupron at all instead they had me simulate with follistim and menopur and ganirelix was used towards the end with an HCG trigger
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine.
My PPO insurance does cover infertility. The Physician and anesthesiologist fees are prepaid before they will schedule your cycle and it was $600 even. They have a surgical room attached to their office and it bills you as a free-standing Surgical Center for Missouri Baptist and my 20% coinsurance was over $2,800 for one cycle
St. Louis - Missouri Baptist Med Center

He [Dr. Kenan Omurtag] can be cut and dry when it gets to the medical side of things. He will tell you like it is, but you can’t take it to heart.... He did the basic ivf routine each time, when I did find out I was pregnant, he had me take baby aspirin and shots of progesterone and lovenox due to MTHFR and PI1.... He would call after hours to go over things and explain in detail what our next steps would be
The clinic [Washington Univ School of Med-STL] was very clean and organized. Everything is in the same office so you don’t have to go anywhere else for blood work or surgeries. They close for a month each year (January I believe) to sterilize so be aware of that... Most of the nursing staff were great and very nice! My coordinator was very unreliable in answering calls, wouldn’t respond with urgent matters and when calling to tell me my beta, was not sympathetic. I wasn’t a fan of hers but I stuck with it to see Dr. O.
He is very thorough, understanding and determined. He listened to my concerns and even when he didn’t think things were necessary, he ran tests to give me peace of mind. He gave us our twins and we couldn’t be more grateful!
He can be cut and dry when it gets to the medical side of things. He will tell you like it is, but you can’t take it to heart.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Cathy)
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic was very clean and organized. Everything is in the same office so you don’t have to go anywhere else for blood work or surgeries. They close for a month each year (January I believe) to sterilize so be aware of that. I have nothing bad to say!
We were lucky enough to have fertility coverage with our insurance. We ran out of funds just before our final transfer so we paid out of pocket for that. I believe it was $1,000. In total, we spent $16k
Describe Kenan Omurtag's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Washington University School of Medicine.
We transferred 1 resulting in a chemical pregnancy. Next we transferred 2 resulting in a neg. Finally we transferred 2 again and now have twins! It’s a choice you have to make for yourself I feel. Be prepared for each embryo to stick. There’s always a possibility!
What specific things went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine.
I was due to take an injection and it needed to be sent to the pharmacy and I also needed to know the amount. I called and left several messages and did not get a call back. It was getting close to the office being closed and it would have ruined my whole cycle had I not taken this shot. Luckily I was able to connect with someone at the front desk who walked back to my coordinator and demanded to take my call. It ended up working out but it was a close call and I would have lost a cycle and the money spent for ultrasounds blood work and medication leading up to this.

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
Embryo Freezing
He [Dr. Omurtag] spent over an hour going over my fertility history, really paying attention to what has worked in the past and even more what hasn't. He's extremely thorough and detailed. Explaining plans/treatments and always stopping to see if we had any questions...I was impressed from the first office visit I had with Dr. Omurtag...I have seen many fertility MD's in the Stl area and I truely wish I would have started here...
I honestly could not say enough about this entire [Wash U - CWE] clinic. From the moment you walk in the door, the front office is welcoming and apologetic for any wait times. (Rarely was there any waiting) The phlebotomists are top notch and super sweet. The ultrasound techs are professional and compassionate. I really can't think of anything I would change about the staff or clinic...
I was impressed from the first office visit I had with Dr. Omurtag. He spent over an hour going over my fertility history, really paying attention to what has worked in the past and even more what hasn't. He's extremely thorough and detailed. Explaining plans/treatments and always stopping to see if we had any questions.
I have seen many fertility MD's in the Stl area and I truely wish I would have started here. Don't wait, make your appointment now!
I never felt like a number at this practice. From the front office to the phlebotomists, the Ultrasound techs, the OR staff, Dr. Omurtag and other MD's that assisted with my procedures. Everyone I met here was truely amazing and felt like a friend or family member.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Meredith, Kathy, Mary)
The nurses were excellent! They were great with keeping me informed, relaying results and directions. They made sure I understood the protocols. I felt comfortable calling them if I had any questions.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
I honestly could not say enough about this entire clinic. From the moment you walk in the door, the front office is welcoming and apologetic for any wait times. (Rarely was there any waiting) The phlebotomists are top notch and super sweet. The ultrasound techs are professional and compassionate. I really can't think of anything I would change about the staff or clinic.
St. Louis - Central West End

Dr. Omurtag was referred to me by my gynecologist. Her exact words were "every time I send him a patient they come back to me pregnant within the year." So I went to him believing he would be able to help and I trusted his advice. I often would research things on my own and come to him with recommendations and he helped me to understand my unique situation and demonstrated that he was making decisions based off of my medical information and not just going through the motions.
[At Washington University Fertility] They were very flexible and reserved specific times a day for quick visits or blood work to ensure that they were able to provide flexibility...It was under $25K for 1 Fresh transfer cycle and medications, 1 Frozen embryo cycle and medications...Every time I met with Dr. Omurtag we talked about my specific concerns and he addressed my concerns with my medical results rather than just giving me generalized information or data from research articles.
Always do your research so that you will know what questions to ask along the way. This way you will be more confident and accepting of the results even if it does not end with a baby. Consider skipping the fresh transfer and starting with a frozen cycle. Ask Dr. Omurtag if that would make sense for your situation.
I can't remember everything I just know that it was customized for my situation. I researched various protocols and realized it is not a one size fits all.
2014 - 2016, Successful
We have very positive feelings about Dr. Omurtag, he is very personable and explained the entire process in detail and answered every question we had. He also gave us his thinking behind the treatment plan he formulated for us, as well as any changes made along the way. We never felt pressured to make a quick decision or to move on to a new treatment until we were ready physically, emotionally and financially. While we didn't see him every visit and he didn't perform every procedure, we felt very comfortable working with the other doctors in the practice and we knew we could set up a meeting, call or email him at any time.
Be prepared for lots of appointments and to work with nurses and possibly other doctors. Dr. Omurtag and his nurse will handle all of your consultations, procedures not related to IVF (including IUI, which is performed by the nurse), treatment plan, instructions, test results, and scheduling. However, the doctors [at Wash U - CWE] take turns performing IVF procedures on a monthly basis, so a different physician may perform your retrieval and/or transfer.
Be prepared for lots of appointments and to work with nurses and possibly other doctors. Dr. Omurtag and his nurse will handle all of your consultations, procedures not related to IVF (including IUI, which is performed by the nurse), treatment plan, instructions, test results, and scheduling. However, the doctors take turns performing IVF procedures on a monthly basis, so a different physician may perform your retrieval and/or transfer.
Dr. Omurtag took the time to get to know us. He and his staff were always available to address our questions and concerns. When I miscarried at 11 weeks, he happened to be at the hospital and came to see us. He was very sympathetic, but also optimistic and encouraging.

2014 - 2016, Successful
Dr. Omurtag was professional and kind. He gave us straightforward information and was honest in his expectations for success. He made us feel like he really cared about us and was available to talk when we were nervous, upset, or had a question...He was professional, thoughtful, and dedicated to helping us. I trusted that he was making solid decisions about our treatment. I knew that he and his team were working hard to figure out the best plan. We knew we were a tough case. While it took a while for us to conceive, he had prepared us for the long journey.
Meredith was friendly and made me feel comfortable all along the way. She was there to answer any questions whenever I needed her to...Between $20,000 & 25,000...We had 3 failed IUI's. Then we mived to injectables. We did have to stop the meds towards the end of the first round because I wasn't responding. Then we took a month off and began again with a new plan.
Ask a lot of questions, trust their plan, and as hard as it is- be patient.
I don't remember the exact plans. We had 3 failed IUI's. Then we mived to injectables. We did have to stop the meds towards the end of the first round because I wasn't responding. Then we took a month off and began again with a new plan.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: MEREDITH )
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Everyone was kind and professional. The clinic was always clean and inviting.
Between $20,000 & 25,000
St. Louis - Central West End
Dr. Keller was very nice & compassionate. I had a traumatic experience with her just because I was not expecting my only options would be egg donor or adoption...We did one round of clomid & I developed a cyst so we stopped it. She told me we could try clomid for another 6 months but it was very unlikely I would get pregnant on my own. I was not a candidate for IVF as my fsh was too high...
I did not have a lot of interaction with the [WU School of Medicine] nursing staff. Dr Keller called me most of the time. But whenever I did have to call the nursing staff, they were very responsive & prompt...The clinic is very kind & prompt with replies. I think they’re very straightforward with wanting to do IVF. They do not take a holistic approach at all so if this is important to you I would look somewhere else.
How was your experience with Sarah Keller at Washington University School of Medicine?
Dr. Keller was very nice & compassionate. I had a traumatic experience with her just because I was not expecting my only options would be egg donor or adoption. She also is very one track minded. I’ve had ulcerative colitis for years which she did not correlate to effecting my fertility which is mostly definitely has been the cause of my infertility. I would like to see her take a more holistic approach & study the causes of infertility more.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sarah Keller at Washington University School of Medicine?
She’s very kind but very regimented.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sarah Keller at Washington University School of Medicine?
Dr Keller was very kind & compassionate. She delivered hard news & was very gentle about it.
Describe the protocols Sarah Keller used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
We did one round of clomid & I developed a cyst so we stopped it. She told me we could try clomid for another 6 months but it was very unlikely I would get pregnant on my own. I was not a candidate for IVF as my fsh was too high so my only two options going forward was egg donor or adoption.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Washington University School of Medicine.
I did not have a lot of interaction with the nursing staff. Dr Keller called me most of the time. But whenever I did have to call the nursing staff, they were very responsive & prompt. I had no complaints regarding them.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sarah Keller at Washington University School of Medicine.
I did not get to this part. My consultation fee was not too high.
Describe Sarah Keller's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Washington University School of Medicine.
Did not get this far.
Sarah Keller
St. Louis - Central West End

[Dr. Kenan Omurtag] was a good doctor. I felt he could have been more willing to really Go for tailoring my meds but held back. He is honest and trustworthy with a good sense of humor. My only criticism really was he seemed a little passive at times...He agrees with multiples which was awesome but didn't work for us...Be pushy and stay on him about what you really want!! Hes a great guy.
The nurses [at Washington University School of Medicine] didn't follow the doctors instructions and called in the wrong meds leading to a cycle being cancelled. Called to badger me about coming in for shot that was unnecessary...a mess...Everyone was kind and helpful. Be careful about walking around you may get overwhelmed with answers and insights from staff. Staff are uber excited to help. Open on weekends and cheerful to boot. Very very helpful and interested in educating the clients.
Kenan was a good doctor. I felt he could have been more willing to really Go for tailoring my meds but held back. He is honest and trustworthy with a good sense of humor. My only criticism really was he seemed a little passive at times.
Be pushy and stay on him about what you really want!! Hes a great guy.
The nurses often got directives confused.
I doubt I could accurately recall the details
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Forget but she was the best things fell apart when she left)
Crappy confused the prescriptions more than once caused a cycle to be cancelled
Exuberant
He agrees with multiples which was awesome but didn't work for us.
What specific things went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine?
The nurses didn't follow the doctors instructions and called in the wrong meds leading to a cycle being cancelled. Called to badger me about coming in for shot that was unnecessary...a mess

2012 - 2015, Successful
Amber Cooper was always excited to see us, like an old friend. She remembered our daughter's name (miscarriage) and would use her name when speaking about her. That meant a lot. She would check on us and email us any time we had questions or worries....Even though we traveled across state lines (we are on the IL side of St Louis), our insurance covered most of our procedures after getting a Global Release.
The clinic [Washington University Fertility] did IVF on rotation. So even if you loved your doctor, she helped set you up, but another doctor may be doing your retrieval and transfer. Dr. Cooper was so kind she came in and visited sometimes during our retrieval/transfers anyway. I did not connect with all the other doctors the same way I did with Amber Cooper, but I trusted their skills....Even though we traveled across state lines (we are on the IL side of St Louis), our insurance covered most of our procedures after getting a Global Release.
How was your experience with Amber Cooper at Washington University School of Medicine?
Amber Cooper was just amazing. Can't say a bad thing about her. She was warm and kind, and sympathized with us. She greeted us excitedly and was always hopeful (but realistic) on our chances. She built our family.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Amber Cooper at Washington University School of Medicine?
Don't wait.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Amber Cooper at Washington University School of Medicine?
Describe the protocols Amber Cooper used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
Our first IVF cycle I had very low quality eggs and embryos. We transferred two, but were realistic with how low quality they were. That cycle was a BFN. The very next cycle 3 months later we completely switched protocols and injections. I responded slightly better. We transferred 2 more "below average" embryos, but by miracle one took. Two years later or son wanted a sibling. We reviewed my results and tweaked my protocol once again. We had twin girls.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Andrea)
She wasn't all about business. She cared to ask how I was going, really doing, and wanted to know when/if I felt overhwelmed or scared or worried. She always validated my feelings and helped encourage me to push on.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic did IVF on rotation. So even if you loved your doctor, she helped set you up, but another doctor may be doing your retrieval and transfer. Dr. Cooper was so kind she came in and visited sometimes during our retrieval/transfers anyway. I did not connect with all the other doctors the same way I did with Amber Cooper, but I trusted their skills.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Amber Cooper at Washington University School of Medicine.

2014 - 2015, Unsuccessful
I completed three rounds of letrozole and two rounds of Clomid with follicle scans under the care of Dr. Ratts. I never ovulated on any of these cycles. Dr. Ratts said I could either pursue IUI or IVF, but she would recommend IVF if I was going to spend the money. After all of my failed treatment cycles, I didn't have any direct communication with her. All messages were relayed through her nurse, which was frustrating...
The [Wash U - CWE] office setting is conveniently located, clean, and professional. Dr. Ratts usually runs behind schedule so plan on waiting to be seen...I rarely received results from labwork or scans without calling the office, leaving a message, and waiting for a return phone call. Return calls were not very quick and could sometimes take over 2 days...
How was your experience with Valerie Ratts at Washington University School of Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Valerie Ratts at Washington University School of Medicine?
Do not see Dr. Ratts if you are not interested in pursuing IVF.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Valerie Ratts at Washington University School of Medicine?
This practice felt more like a business trying to sell IVF.
Describe the protocols Valerie Ratts used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
I did three rounds of letrozole (2.5, 5, and 7.5 mg) with OPKs and timed intercourse. When I didn't have a period by CD35 and had a negative pregnancy test, I took Provera to have a withdrawal bleed. I also did two rounds of Clomid (150 and 250 mg) with a follicle scan. I did not develop a follicle with either scan so my treatments stopped. My next course of action was to try injectable medications with IUI or IVF, and I did not want to pursue that course at the time due to financial and ethical concerns.
I communicated with the nursing staff over the phone frequently. Mary RN was very direct and offered little compassion.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The office setting is conveniently located, clean, and professional. Dr. Ratts usually runs behind schedule so plan on waiting to be seen.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Valerie Ratts at Washington University School of Medicine.
Ultrasounds - $360; Injectables $3,000-5,000; IUI - $1200; IVF - $11,000
Valerie Ratts

2015, Successful
I was not a fan of a few of the receptionists [WashU- CWE]. I think one might have been a student, she was our first contact and unfortunately did not know what she was doing. We had a moment of panic when she couldn't find us on the schedule and she always acted somewhat inconvenienced. However, their regular front office lady was always so sweet and warm to us!... Andrea was very caring, understanding and patient. With how many hormonal women she deals with on a daily basis she never let any of my frustrations or emotions frustrate her. I felt comfortable speaking with her about concerns I had and asking questions.
I really appreciated that Dr. Omurtag was willing to take my husband and I's concerns/opinions into account. He performed a scratch test, which at the time, had only been researched on women who had failed IVF cycles. Knowing the benefits of the scratch test I was adamant that I wanted it done. Dr. Omurtag explained the risks and research but respected our feelings. He was always positive but sure to explain the realistic side of things. He took the time to meet with my husband and I multiple times after our initial doctor left the practice without warning.
To not be afraid to explain your opinions or feelings on the procedure. It is ultimately your body and baby and he is very cognizant of that and won't make you feel intimated about asking questions.
Dr. Omurtag spoke to my husband and I as an individual couple and not as a statistic or in general terms. He sent messages to check on us even after our daughter was born and thanked us for the birth announcements/christmas card we sent.
All of the procedures, aside from the scratch test, were used specifically for someone with my diagnoses and age.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
I was not a fan of a few of the receptionists. I think one might have been a student, she was our first contact and unfortunately did not know what she was doing. We had a moment of panic when she couldn't find us on the schedule and she always acted somewhat inconvenienced. However, their regular front office lady was always so sweet and warm to us! We unfortunately were with WASHU when Dr. Cooper left the practice without notice. We were one of her patients and that was very scary for us. We weren't notified and I found out when I came in for blood work which was not ideal. Thankfully between Andrea contacting us and meeting with Dr. Omurtag things turned around and we are glad we continued our care with them.
I dont remember, somewhere in the range of $15,000 with medication
WASHU's goal is one healthy singleton but there are considerations when making the decision on how many embryos to transfer. In our situation we had one that wasn't a great quality and the embryologist did not think would make to freeze but had a slight chance with transfer.
What specific things went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine?
I am referring to Dr. Coopers abrupt removal(?) or leaving of (?) the clinic and the lack of communication to us about the situation.
2013 - 2015, Successful
There is more than just her [Dr. Keller] when it comes to ivf. There are several doctors who work together and decided which methods and medicines should work best for each ivf patient.
I loved having her for my doctor. We discussed everything that needed to be talked about. I had done some research on my own before our consultations and then asked questions throughout when they came up. When we did the iuis, the timing was off but that was probably partly because of how my cycles fell, usually over the weekends was when I would ovulate. They were all natural cycles because she wanted to keep things as close to natural as possible if we could. When they proved to not be working, we tried a medicated cycle and I overstimulated. I came in for an ultrasound and we decided to have another consultation. Over the phone, we discussed our next step, she thought I would respond well to the meds,which was ivf. We were able to start immediately and were both excited and nervous. There is more than just her when it comes to ivf. There are several doctors who work together and decided which methods and medicines should work best for each ivf patient. They all specialize in different areas and some overlap with other doctors but the made me feel better for choosing her.
Be open and ready to ask questions if you don't understand something. She will answer any question you have and won't judge you for it. Even if it seems small or silly. Ask anyway. She was able to answer my questions and provide the information I needed to make our decisions.
When we first met, she was very down to earth and easy to talk to. My husband liked her also which was a huge plus. She always knew my name when we came in and so did her staff. She took the time to explain a lot to us and took even our drive time to and from appointments into consideration for scheduling.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Amy)
She knew just as much as Dr Keller did. Any question I had after the consultations, she could answer or get an answer for me and return my call. The nurses are trained to be able to answer those questions. They are a big part of the whole process and they are the ones you talk with the most during it.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Washington University School of Medicine.
They scheduled between 7:30 - 9:30 am. They would put you down in a time slot but if you happen to show up a little early they were usually pretty good about getting you in early if not right one time. There usually wasnt much waiting when they scheduled you like this. There were several utlrasound techs and several ultrasound rooms. Different times during the day were for different types of appointments.
Sarah Keller
2014 - 2015, Successful
He [Dr. Omurtag] was the 2nd doctor that we saw for our issues. we had done other treatments that didn't work. Dr Omurtag really took the time to sit with us and answer questions and go over all of our issues which didn't happen with the other Dr. I felt and still do that Dr Omurtag really helped make this horrible journey enjoyable and I really felt like he was right along with us every step of the way. Checking in on us, answer all of our questions along the way.
The ladies who did my ultrasounds [at Washington University School of Medicine] and blood work were great, I actually miss seeing them since I was there a few times a week. They made me feel comfortable even when you are stressed out with everything going on, I feel like they were all very positive which is what you need
He was the 2nd doctor that we saw for our issues. we had done other treatments that didn't work. Dr Omurtag really took the time to sit with us and answer questions and go over all of our issues which didn't happen with the other Dr. I felt and still do that Dr Omurtag really helped make this horrible journey enjoyable and I really felt like he was right along with us every step of the way. Checking in on us, answer all of our questions along the way.
He really cares about his patients and puts you at ease for such a stressful process of trying to conceive
He really took the time to talk with us (husband) and go over our options, what the chances were. He was amazing in taking time to e-mail and call us to check in and see how we were doing, if we had any questions or needed anything. I really felt like he was part of our team
he went over our options and then after doing the testing told us what would be the most successful option for us. I cant recall which treatment it was for IVF but he did let us know that IUIs were not a good option for us and so we didn't consider that again
The ladies who did my ultrasounds and blood work were great, I actually miss seeing them since I was there a few times a week. They made me feel comfortable even when you are stressed out with everything going on, I feel like they were all very positive which is what you need
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
I thought it was easy to get in and out of, clean, professional and had top of the line equipment
I never added the total up since we were successful, I don't care the cost since we have a baby now
2015, Successful
[Dr. Kenan Omurtag] is a very nice, enthusiastic doctor who really cares about his patients. He was very detailed and answered any questions we had along the way. He figured out what was wrong with me my very first visit. If it wasn't for him, we probably never would have know I had a unicornate uterus or have any children...First, I had an ultrasound to look at my uterus. I just had an hsg so we looked at the xrays. I had a saline ultrasound to determine how they would get to where they needed to implant. I also had an outpatient surgery to open up my cervix I believe I was on the long agonist protocol. I had to take birth control for 1 month before I began the meds. Everything worked out good and I had day 5 embryos with 38 eggs retrieved. I had 13 embryos frozen and 1 embryo implanted. It took and we have a healthy baby boy.
Kenan is a very nice, enthusiastic doctor who really cares about his patients. He was very detailed and answered any questions we had along the way. He figured out what was wrong with me my very first visit. If it wasn't for him, we probably never would have know I had a unicornate uterus or have any children.
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
He treated us like a person and was very compassionate and real with process
They took the time to answer all my questions and were very compassionate towards me.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
One of the secretaries wasn't very nice when answering questions or over billing issues. It was not the one with brown curly hair, she remembered us and was very nice.
First come first serve. We arrived the time the doors open and usually only had to wait briefly.
He worked very well with Blue Cross out of Illinois. Out of the total of around 30k billed for everything including drug cost we were only responsible for around 2500 bucks plus 700 a year for embryo storage for our frozen embryos.
2013 - 2015, Unsuccessful
I have always felt that she [Dr. Cooper] has treated me like a friend. She is extremely compassionate and empathetic. I did not get the results we had hoped for but every time she called with the bad news, she was so empathetic and took the time to listen to my fears and my hurt. She is always so optimistic. I have never felt a connection with a doctor the way I feel with Dr. Cooper and I have never trusted a doctor as much as I trust her.
The [Wash U- CWE] clinic is very private and very positive...The girl who set me up with the medications did such a great job of working with our insurance on such short notice. I felt the staff was extremely accommodating...
I began seeing Dr. Cooper my freshman year of college. She was very understanding of the stress I was going through with transitioning to college as well as the stress of trying to have a successful egg retrieval. It took several attempt to get my hormone levels to the appropriate level to go forward with the injections but Dr. Cooper was always optimistic. I was finally able to go through with the injections but they were unsuccessful. My ovaries did not produce any follicles. Even through the disappointment, she helped me to remain hopeful. We tried two more times in two different ways. Both times were unsuccessful. Dr. Cooper was so hopeful for me. I could tell she wanted it to work just as badly as I did. Unfortunately, we had to take a step back and take a break from the process. She has always encouraged me to remain hopeful because I am so young. I still see her annually and she keeps me up to date with the new research. She is very cutting edge. I will never go to a different fertility specialist.
Don't wait.
I was 19 when I began seeing Dr. Cooper. I have always felt that she has treated me like a friend. She is extremely compassionate and empathetic. I did not get the results we had hoped for but every time she called with the bad news, she was so empathetic and took the time to listen to my fears and my hurt. She is always so optimistic. I have never felt a connection with a doctor the way I feel with Dr. Cooper and I have never trusted a doctor as much as I trust her.
The nurse practitioner that worked with Dr Cooper was phenomenal as was the staff in the lab and the ultrasound technicians.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic is very private and very positive.
My parents insurance covered the treatment. The girl who set me up with the medications did such a great job of working with our insurance on such short notice. I felt the staff was extremely accommodating.
2015, Successful
The [Washington University School of Medicine] clinic is quite nice and is part of BJC the most prestigious hospital in Missouri. Their facilities were clean and seemed well organized. I did feel that as warm as the nursing and medical staff was there was a stark contrast with the receptionist team. I felt it may have been due to their responsibilities associated with collecting fees (which is never fun) but just something I noticed. Otherwise everything seemed pretty standard.
My review of Dr. Omurtag is not based on the success of our treatment but completely based on our experience and not the outcome. Dr. Omurtag can be described as an individual who is passionate about the work he does and is involved in. In our introductory meeting he was incredibly straight forward about the pros and cons involved in the procedure we were looking into while maintaining a positive tone. As we moved through the process of IVF Dr. Omurtag worked hard to continue to build rapport with me and it was refreshing.
Dr. Omurtag works with various partners at their practice and all of them are fantastic. One of the partners handled the transfer of our embryo the first go around and was incredibly patient and warm. Since he works in a practice you may not see Dr. Omurtag at every visit, but rest assured you are in good hands.
Dr. Omurtag was incredibly personable and tried to create an environment in which you felt more like a friend than a patient. He was not afraid to answer any question I posed regardless of how ridiculous it may have seemed.
Both the nursing staff and care coordinator we worked with at Wash U were top notch. Super pleasant, great bed side manners and took the time to get to know you as a person. I could call my care coordinator and she would respond back within the hour and was always ready to address my questions, requests or concerns. Excellent team, that made the experience as positive as it was.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic is quite nice and is part of BJC the most prestigious hospital in Missouri. Their facilities were clean and seemed well organized. I did feel that as warm as the nursing and medical staff was there was a stark contrast with the receptionist team. I felt it may have been due to their responsibilities associated with collecting fees (which is never fun) but just something I noticed. Otherwise everything seemed pretty standard.
They were quite reasonable based on what we were aware of in the area. The pricing was based on the services and was inclusive of all of the services with the exception of any medication.
Dr. Omurtag was actually quite confident in regards to his thoughts on eSET vs multiple. When my husband and I decided to transfer a 3 day embryo which Dr. Omurtag supported, but suggested we go with a multiple embryo transfer. For our second transfer which was an fet he suggested we go with eSET based on our initial success and since we were using a blastocyst.

2015, Unsuccessful
...no one went over risks of the surgery with us. I was never told that my risk for an ectopic pregnancy was increased. We managed to get pregnant naturally the month of the surgery, but it was ectopic. This surgery is my biggest regret through this entire infertility nightmare.
It was very hard to reach anyone to talk to on the phone, I often had to wait an entire day, or 2-3 days, to receive a phone call back. They misplaced my blood work for several days (which may have revealed an ectopic pregnancy sooner).
How was your experience with Emily Jungheim at Washington University School of Medicine?
Dr. Jungheim is very friendly and intelligent. I trust her, but had to leave the office due to a major loss of trust with the office.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Emily Jungheim at Washington University School of Medicine?
Dr. Jungheim is very nice and friendly, but not always very available.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Emily Jungheim at Washington University School of Medicine?
Describe the protocols Emily Jungheim used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
Dr. Jungheim was out of town when I started my period. The previous month we had discussed possibly having a surgery to unblock my tube. The office handled setting up the surgery, but no one went over risks of the surgery with us. I was never told that my risk for an ectopic pregnancy was increased. We managed to get pregnant naturally the month of the surgery, but it was ectopic. This surgery is my biggest regret through this entire infertility nightmare.
It took at least entire days, if not 2-3 days to hear back from nursing. My blood work was lost for several days.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Emily Jungheim at Washington University School of Medicine.
The surgery recommended by her, but not fully explained to us, was not covered by insurance. Nothing was covered by insurance, including when I was pregnant (ectopic). I believe their billing was incorrect.
What specific things went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine?
Please refer to previous response regarding ectopic pregnancy.
Emily Jungheim

2014 - 2015, Successful
I love how Dr. Omurtag would explain the course of treatment and would usually say it 3 times giving me time to process things and think of any questions I might have. He was always positive in things even if the course of treatment had to change or there was some kind of road block that came up. I always left his office feeling fully informed and having hope that things would work out in the end. Dr. Omurtag has an amazing bedside manner and genuinely cares for his patients. :)...
I would have to schedule my appointment [at Wash U - MO Bapt] within a few hours in the morning. If I had to wait for my turn, it was usually a short wait under 10 min. To get the ultrasound and blood work done, I was usually in and out within 30 min. I usually had results back via a phone call within 2 or 3 hours... They [nurses] were all very friendly and helpful...
You are in amazing hands. Trust him completely.
Dr. Omurtag was very caring and took his time to explain things to me and what my options were. He kept track of me even when I wasn't seeing him at the time. When he found out we had our son, he personally called me to congratulate us. Dr. Omurtag has an amazing bedside manner.
They were all very friendly and helpful.
I would have to schedule my appointment within a few hours in the morning. If I had to wait for my turn, it was usually a short wait under 10 min. To get the ultrasound and blood work done, I was usually in and out within 30 min. I usually had results back via a phone call within 2 or 3 hours.
Most of my costs were covered by my insurance. I was only responsible for about 10% of the bill

2012 - 2015, Successful
One piece of advice would be to enter lose hope. There were many times where I know it was just as hard for Dr. Cooper [at Washington University School of Medicine] to share the bad news as it was for us to hear it. She never gave up on us or turned us away. Instead she was there with a hug, compassionate smile, and a let's try again attitude. Now I have no greater joy than being able to share photos and updates of our amazing daughter thanks to her!
When you enter Dr. Cooper's office she makes you feel so welcome. As her patient, there were many times I was scared, worried, overwhelmed, and the list goes on. However, I always left with a sense of reassurance and comfort. There was never a time I felt unsure of the plan or what was out next step. She stood by my husband and I even step of the way. Bad times and now good, she truly cares for her patients and that passion is evident.
One price of advice would be to enter lose hope. There were many times where I know it was just as hard for Dr. Cooper to share the bad news as it was for us to hear it. She never gave up on us or turned us away. Instead she was there with a hug, compassionate smile, and a let's try again attitude. Now I have no greater joy than being able to share photos and updates of our amazing daughter thanks to her!
Dr. Cooper is the most amazing doctor! She is dedicated beyond belief. She made me feel so comfortable and at ease. Dr. Cooper has always gone above and beyond for me and I will never be able to thank her enough.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Andrea Brantley)
I would speak with Andrea on a regular basics. She always took the time to make sure I understood everything and did not have any questions. She is truly amazing!

2013 - 2015, Successful
Dr. Jungheim is an incredible doctor. She treats her patients and their spouse with respect and compassion. She does not overpromise but offers enough encouraging words that, as a patient, you know that she is deeply invested in the outcome....I never felt rushed. I felt that the doctor truly understood - and had compassion for - the emotional toll this experience took on a person. We were never pressured to make a decision. Just given the facts and encouraged to make a personal choice at every turn.
The clinic [Washington University Fertility] is very clean and organized. My one even slightly negative comment would be the front desk had frequent turnover....The nursing staff - Karen for blood work (retired now) and Tracy for ultrasounds - was some of the best I have ever seen....I never felt rushed. I felt that the doctor [Dr. Emily Jungheim] truly understood - and had compassion for - the emotional toll this experience took on a person. We were never pressured to make a decision. Just given the facts and encouraged to make a personal choice at every turn.
You will not regret your choice!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic is very clean and organized. My one even slightly negative comment would be the front desk had frequent turnover.
$15,000 all in; Our insurance covered $10,000
Emily Jungheim

2014 - 2015, Successful
She [Dr. Amber Cooper] provided treatment that was custom to me and my body. She always made me feel like she cared. She answered every question I had without making me feel stupid for asking...She has the best bedside manner of any doctor I have ever met. She takes the time to explain everything, sets realistic expectations, and truly cares about your outcome.
The only issue [at Washington University Fertility] was that I was billed in error for treatment covered by the arc loan program...Both the nurse Andrea and the secretary Mary Ann were so good throughout the entire process. They answered every question. Treated me with respect at all times and showed so much compassion.
She provided treatment that was custom to me and my body. She always made me feel like she cared. She answered every question I had without making me feel stupid for asking.
You can trust her 100%
Endometrial biopsy to test for endometritis and help improve implantation. Lupron, menopure, folystim, and trigger.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The only issue was that I was billed in error for treatment covered by the arc loan program
Insurance covered some until I reached my lifetime max. Took out a loan from the arc program for about $12000 to cover a retrieval, fresh transfer, and frozen transfer

2014 - 2015, Successful
He [Dr Omurtag] would call on weekends to make sure I was doing ok on my meds. When I found out I had DOR after I tried donating my eggs to my sister, he literally said his stomach dropped when he read my diagnosis. He was hurting with us. That's when I knew he was the right doctor for me...Be open and honest. If you don't agree with an option he gives, let him know. He will work with you to find the best treatment possible and make sure you feel supported.
Friendly and cooperative. Difficult to get through to an actual person though. Almost always have to leave a message for them to call you back. But almost always very quickly back....He [Dr Omurtag] would call on weekends to make sure I was doing ok on my meds. When I found out I had DOR after I tried donating my eggs to my sister, he literally said his stomach dropped when he read my diagnosis.
He would call on weekends to make sure I was doing ok on my meds. When I found out I had DOR after I tried donating my eggs to my sister, he literally said his stomach dropped when he read my diagnosis. He was hurting with us. That's when I knew he was the right doctor for me.
He genuinely cared about my issues and our success.
Very friendly!

2015, Successful
He [Dr. Omurtag] and his nurse both called me to talk with me directly on different occasions to make sure my concerns were answered. He would answer my patient portal messages directly, even when he was on vacation...He listened to all of my concerns and showed great empathy. He would discuss the current literature with me. He always helped me stay positive. He was genuinely concerned with my outcome...
Very friendly staff [at Wash U - CWE] and nice facilities...Andrea was beyond amazing. She always called me back right away and listened to my concerns...I was switched to the antagonist protocol after my egg quality was not great on the first cycle...
Trust Dr. Omurtag!
He and his nurse both called me to talk with me directly on different occasions to make sure my concerns were answered. He would answer my patient portal messages directly, even when he was on vacation.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Very friendly staff and nice facilities.
It was covered under insurance.
2015, Unknown Success
I have so much to say about doctor Odem and his group. They were absolutely fantastic...He spent hours in consults with me. When I was hospitalized, he came to see me every day for progress checks. His nurses knew me by more than just my chart. I had the best experience at Washington University in St. Louis.
I have so much to say about doctor Odem and his group [at Washington University in St. Louis Fertility]. They were absolutely fantastic...His nurses knew me by more than just my chart. I had the best experience at Washington University in St. Louis. I would suggest anyone looking into RE's to look into the St. Louis area.
How was your experience with Randall Odem (retired) at Washington University School of Medicine?
I have so much to say about doctor Odem and his group. They were absolutely fantastic. They took the time to take every single one of my phone calls. He spent hours in consults with me. When I was hospitalized, he came to see me every day for progress checks. His nurses knew me by more than just my chart. I had the best experience at Washington University in St. Louis. I would suggest anyone looking into RE's to look into the St. Louis area.
Randall Odem (retired)

2014, Successful
Due to my fear of medical procedures I would only agree to be seen by Dr. Cooper. She agreed to oversee my care and came in for all of my appointments, egg retrieval, and egg transfers. She is the most compassionate physician I have ever met. She puts her patients first...Dr. Cooper cares about her patients and will spend any amount of time necessary to make a patient comfortable with their options and their decision...
The [Wash U - CWE] clinic sees a lot of patients and they hold a lot of educational seminars / teaching moments for patients...Everyone was attentive to my needs. They all understood my fears and took their time with me. They trated me like gold...Leave no question un-asked. Go to the consultation a couple to talk about growing your family. Everyone involved in the process should be seen and talk with Dr. Cooper...
Dr. Cooper will take the time to inform the patient of the physical, emotional, and even financial aspects of trying to grow a family. My wife, who fears the medical profession, was able to overcome her greatest fear and perform 1 cycle of IVF, which I directly correlate to Dr. Cooper. She moved mountains so my wife could overcome her greatest fear and be granted her most desired wish, a family. She came in for every appointment, for every procedure, even though she worked in a multi-physician environment. Dr. Cooper cares about her patients and will spend any amount of time necessary to make a patient comfortable with their options and their decision.
Dr. Cooper, was working at Wash U at the time. There were a number of reproductive endocrinologist on staff that took weekend call for egg retrieval and egg transfers. The clinic worked as a team. Due to my fear of medical procedures I would only agree to be seen by Dr. Cooper. She agreed to oversee my care and came in for all of my appointments, egg retrieval, and egg transfers. She is the most compassionate physician I have ever met. She puts her patients first.
The ART method was followed. Daily ultra sounds with medication dose changes based upon medical diagnostic testing performed daily.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic sees a lot of patients and they hold a lot of educational seminars / teaching moments for patients.
Patrial Insurance Coverage. Between $5-$10, our of pocket.