Wayne State University

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots is not offered: Not OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
26400 W. 12 Mile Rd.
Southfield, MI 48034
313-745-4525
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Wayne State University to a friend?
3 doctors
Monitoring was available every morning until 9am [at Wayne State University]. Wait time was little to nothing and I was in and out quickly...The receptionists could be a bit more friendly, but we were very happy overall. The doctor we originally started with left abruptly right before we started IVF which was obviously concerning, but we were thankful to be under the care of Dr. Khan...Anna and the rest of the nursing staff were incredible. Their compassion knows no bounds and I looked forward to seeing them at each visit.
Describe your experience with Wayne State University.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sana Khan at Wayne State University?
Dr. Khan was very warm, always reassuring. It felt like she was passionate about going on this journey with us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Wayne State University. (Assigned nurse: Anna)
How was your experience with Sana Khan at Wayne State University?
Dr. Khan was very thorough and left no question unanswered. She made us feel very comfortable, hopeful, and educated on all parts of the IVF process. If I had to say anything negative it would probably have to do with wait times, although I feel like that’s an opportunity with every physician.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sana Khan at Wayne State University?
Don’t be afraid to ask a question, even if you think it’s silly, or to ask for further explanation about any part of the process.
Describe the protocols Sana Khan used in your cycles at Wayne State University and their degree of success.
For our IVF cycle, we used Menopur and Follistim for 10 days, Ganirelix for days 6-12, Doxycycline starting on day 7 (husband too), HCG trigger the day before the retrieval, Medrol for the 4 days following the retrieval, and PIO starting the day after retrieval until I was 11 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Wayne State University.
Monitoring was available every morning until 9am. Wait time was little to nothing and I was in and out quickly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sana Khan at Wayne State University.
Roughly $12,000 after all was said and done. Luckily our insurance provided infertility coverage. I do believe Wayne State offered payment plans as well, which was our initial reason for choosing them.
Describe Sana Khan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Wayne State University.
eSET was chosen because I have a Unicornuate Uterus. A uterine anomaly which means I only have 1/2 (the right side) if my uterus, a right Fallopian tube and ovary, and an unattached left ovary (no left Fallopian tube).
Sana Khan
Southfield
everything about the clinic [Wayne State Universtity] seemed good to me. i had never been to another one but its definitely scary going in and they know how to talk and treat everyone going through this. their on call service is also great. i once called at 4 am and the doctor called me right away... they were phenomenal. i would call with everything because it was such an unknown and scary time i was going through, esp when getting sick but they were always there for me with advice and their calming nature.
Describe your experience with Wayne State University.
everything about the clinic seemed good to me. i had never been to another one but its definitely scary going in and they know how to talk and treat everyone going through this. their on call service is also great. i once called at 4 am and the doctor called me right away
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Awoniyi Awonuga at Wayne State University?
I had seen a different doctor in the practice when i had my ivf but i got sick and ended up seeing Dr. Awanuga during the time as well because my doctor was out of town. When i started again, my other doctor was no longer in the practice so I started seeing Dr. Awanuga and the second i walked in (3 years later) he knew exactly who I was from what had happened to me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Wayne State University. (Assigned nurse: Chris)
How was your experience with Awoniyi Awonuga at Wayne State University?
see my previous message about him. the caring and compassion and knowledge about everything and me was great. and really helped calm my nerves. he explains everything and puts up with my crazy questions and neurosis
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Awoniyi Awonuga at Wayne State University?
listen to what he has to say. he knows what hes talking about. and has plenty of experience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Awoniyi Awonuga at Wayne State University.
it was all based on insurance. anything done up to an official diagnosis of ivf was covered by insurance with co-pay. once i started the treatments my insurance did not cover but payment plans were set in place and eventually we were able to pay in full
Awoniyi Awonuga
2012 - 2013
The clinic [Wayne State University Physician Group] was very clean. The only thing that I was uncertain about was the procedure for ultrasound. They had 3 rooms that let into the ultrasound room. When you heard the knock it was your turn. Then you would change and be done. The waiting room was very spacious and clean. I remember the set-up being nicely spaced out for the blood draws, to ultrasounds to patient rooms.
2012 - 2013
Describe your experience with Wayne State University.
The clinic was very clean. The only thing that I was uncertain about was the procedure for ultrasound. They had 3 rooms that let into the ultrasound room. When you heard the knock it was your turn. Then you would change and be done. The waiting room was very spacious and clean. I remember the set-up being nicely spaced out for the blood draws, to ultrasounds to patient rooms.
I felt that the visits were very private. A lot of details and advice were given. Good support from the staff.
How was your experience with Awoniyi Awonuga at Wayne State University?
My experience as a patient was great. I felt comforted and everything explained well with the course of treatment. I was nervous at 1st and the procedure was stopped and Dr. Awonuga went into full detail of all the steps. When I started on the medication, I felt very ill. I was reassured that the symptoms will pass. The symptoms did pass after a few days. Each round of IUI that didn't end with a pregnancy was sad but I felt the encouragement kept me uplifted.
Make sure to ask all the questions to get your comfort feeling before starting procedures.
Describe the protocols Awoniyi Awonuga used in your cycles at Wayne State University and their degree of success.
I would take clomid. Then go in for an ultrasound to watch the egg progression. I would take a booster shot for 5 days leading up to ovulation. When eggs were ready, my husband went in the morning to give a sample. I would go into the office about late afternoon and have an IUI. During the IUI, the nurse would show me the sample ID. She would do the IUI and set a timer. When the timer was done, I would leave.
Awoniyi Awonuga
Southfield
They [nurses at Wayne State - Southfield] were very good, but displayed frustration with my questions....They called in a prescription, but forgot to order sharps so that I could administer the medication myself on a weekend day...It [cost] was a lot. My insurance covered nothing...
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Elizabeth Puscheck at Wayne State University?
Office seemed interested in making money
They were very good, but displayed frustration with my questions.
What specific things went wrong at Wayne State University?
How was your experience with Elizabeth Puscheck at Wayne State University?
She was fine, but I wish she would have explained my chances of getting pregnant a bit more. Everything seemed wishy-washy.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Elizabeth Puscheck at Wayne State University?
Do your homework. Be prepared to pay a lot of money.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Elizabeth Puscheck at Wayne State University.
It was a lot. My insurance covered nothing.
Elizabeth Puscheck