Zev Rosenwaks

2315 Broadway
Westchester
657 Main Street
Mount Kisco, NY 10549

I loved that Dr. Stewart saw me for every visit and made time to sit down and actually talk/answer any questions I had...was wonderful from the first visit. I was honestly not expecting someone so kind, patient and approachable. From the beginning, he took the time to explain every procedure, treatment, and next step with patience and kindness. I can tell that he genuinely cares about his patients and never worried that I would not get the care and/or answers I needed. I wish he could be my OB beyond fertility treatment!
The nurses (Sarah and Molly) [at Weill Cornell Medical College] always got back to me as soon as my test results were in and were great at communicating...The clinic itself is clean, spacious and beautiful. All of the staff members are kind and compassionate. Sherrell, at the front desk, was always so nice, easy to talk to and prompt in getting me and my husband scheduled for any procedures or appointments...Protocols I started with ovulation monitoring due to secondary infertility (12 months TTC, with a 2 year old that was not difficult to conceive). This monitoring involved bloodwork and ultrasound around the time of ovulation to predict timing and schedule timed intercourse. Dr. Stewart saw a small calcification on my uterus that may have been a remnant from my first pregnancy. I went for a hysteroscopy (D&C) to have this area removed as it was possible it was preventing successful implantation. Dr. Stewart told me many times that this was not 100%, that this may not have been causing any issues with implantation but that it couldn't be ruled out as an issue. He made sure that I was in full agreement on proceeding with this as a next step. I actually pushed for this to be done. After this, I did one cycle of Letrozole with a trigger injection. This was to ensure ovulation was actually occurring and also time intercourse even more accurately.
How was your experience with Joshua Stewart at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Stewart was wonderful from the first visit. I was honestly not expecting someone so kind, patient and approachable. From the beginning, he took the time to explain every procedure, treatment, and next step with patience and kindness. I can tell that he genuinely cares about his patients and never worried that I would not get the care and/or answers I needed. I wish he could be my OB beyond fertility treatment!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joshua Stewart at Weill Cornell Medical College?
With Dr. Stewart, you are in great hands!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joshua Stewart at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Describe the protocols Joshua Stewart used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Weill Cornell Medical College.
The nurses (Sarah and Molly) always got back to me as soon as my test results were in and were great at communicating.
2019, 19 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Stewart called me several times throughout the process to review medications and next steps. I also saw him for the majority of my monitoring appointments, which very meaningful for me...I was initially intimidated by the egg freezing process - it is obviously a highly emotional decision. Dr. Stewart and his team simplified the process and gave me all of the information that I needed, allowing me to feel empowered by the decision I was making. I felt supported by Dr. Stewart; he is not only approachable, but also reachable.
When I did my egg freezing cycle, I was living in Brooklyn and working in Manhattan. I was so pleased that Cornell has locations in both places, making it super easy and convenient for me to get to various appointments throughout the process...From initial visit to the daily monitoring / calls with medication instructions, the nurses were super straightforward and clear...I felt very lucky to get to see my own doctor for the majority of my monitoring appointments. While the practice is busy, I always felt individually attended to and cared for.
How was your experience with Joshua Stewart at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Feel comfortable asking all the questions you have. Dr. Stewart will answer them honestly and quickly.
I started injections on day two of my period. I took two daily injections for the first five / six days and then three daily injections for the remainder of the cycle. My last day of injections was a lupron 'trigger' shot.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joshua Stewart at Weill Cornell Medical College.
My initial appointment and the majority of my cycle/medications were covered by insurance provided by my employer; my out of pocket expense was around $1000. I now pay $300/quarter for storage.
Describe Joshua Stewart's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Brooklyn

Because we did multiple cycles, Dr. Stewart adjusted and adapted our IVF plan based on previous results and how my body responded to the medications -- and each time we ended up with more eggs retrieved than the previous cycle. He also pushed to help me do a naturally timed transfer-- saving me from unnecessary medications and injections, which I was very grateful for...was very attentive, patient and ready to answer any and all questions from our very first consultation through my last appointment with him a month after my frozen embryo transfer. He was honest about our obstacles, but hopeful and optimistic throughout a long year with some ups and downs. We are so appreciative of Dr. Stewart and always felt like we were in the best hands in terms our IVF journey.
nurses [at Weill Cornell Medical College] were very helpful and informative. They were available by phone or email to answer questions about medications, side effects and appointments...I was very happy with Weill Cornell -- they have a team of excellent doctors and nurses. Each doctor I had for my retrievals and transfer made me feel comfortable and at ease. My only slight critique would be how busy the UES office got on the weekends --as it was the only location open for monitoring on Saturdays and Sundays.
How was your experience with Joshua Stewart at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Stewart was always very supportive and helpful at our many appointments. He often called with results himself-- even on holidays -- and was always happy to hop on the phone to discuss options and game plans.
Dr. Stewart is great option, especially if you live in Brooklyn. His office is brand new and appointments were always quick and efficient -- I never spent too much time waiting.
Dr. Stewart was very attentive, patient and ready to answer any and all questions from our very first consultation through my last appointment with him a month after my frozen embryo transfer. He was honest about our obstacles, but hopeful and optimistic throughout a long year with some ups and downs. We are so appreciative of Dr. Stewart and always felt like we were in the best hands in terms our IVF journey.
Dr. Stewart's nurses were very helpful and informative. They were available by phone or email to answer questions about medications, side effects and appointments.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
We were lucky to have insurance cover a lot of the expenses associated with our care.
Brooklyn

I have newly diagnosed PCOS, so treatment initially [with Dr. Joshua Stewart] was just natural cycle monitoring with bloodwork and ultrasound...Dr. Stewart always spends time with you during appointments, is patient, reassuring, optimistic, and genuinely just SO KIND. He takes his time to explain things, makes sure all your questions are answered, and I never felt rushed. In addition to him, all the other staff in the office are wonderful. From the front desk, the nurses, phlebotomists, etc.
Molly [nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College] was incredible. She was very detailed, helpful, warm, encouraging, and served as a great therapist in addition to being a great nurse! Helped me coordinate prescription issues, and always relayed information effectively. She also was so supportive when I would end up crying to her on the phone! Really found her to be wonderful...The Brooklyn office is not the "main" office, so the one downside is that for any procedures, you have to go to the main office in Manhattan. But that being said, the Brooklyn office is brand new, gorgeous, high tech, and the staff there are wonderful! It's primarily for monitoring appointments, bloodwork, and consultations.
How was your experience with Joshua Stewart at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Stewart is warm, reassuring, and patient. He really takes his time with you and is very understanding of your concerns and anxieties. I trusted him wholeheartedly. He explained things thoroughly, always gave you the truth, but somehow also maintained an optimism that was really comforting. You never feel rushed with him, and he always makes sure to answer any questions you may have.
Do it! Don't hesitate! He is great.
I have newly diagnosed PCOS, so treatment initially was just natural cycle monitoring with bloodwork and ultrasound.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Molly Spilka)
Molly was incredible. She was very detailed, helpful, warm, encouraging, and served as a great therapist in addition to being a great nurse! Helped me coordinate prescription issues, and always relayed information effectively. She also was so supportive when I would end up crying to her on the phone! Really found her to be wonderful.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I am lucky that the large majority of costs were covered by my insurance. But they give you very detailed billing documentation during your first appointment so nothing is a "surprise." They also give scripts of what to ask your insurance company, etc. Also have a dedicated billing number to call with any questions or concerns.
Brooklyn

Dr. Stewart is a wonderful physician who uses his expertise to build a fertility plan for his patients designed specifically for them. He thoroughly discussed my diagnosis with me and was extremely empathetic and compassionate while delivering my care. During our last IUI cycle, he was able to work around the death of my uncle. He cares about you as a person and your quality of life...I was diagnosed with PCOS and did 4 IUIs. Once I was diagnosed with PCOS, I started Metformin. During the preparation for the first IUI, I happened to be ovulating on my own so no additional medications were taken for this IUI. My husband was also diagnosed with a varicocele and Dr. Stewart referred him to an excellent surgeon. For the last 3 IUIs, I took letrozole for ovulation and Ovidrel as the trigger injection. We were successful on our 4th IUI and are currently expecting twins.
The care from Dr. Stewart and his team [at Weill Cornell Medical College] is extremely personal. His care is exceptional from the moment you begin working with him...Sarah [nurrse] was fabulous. She was always available for any questions, and would promptly follow up same day post labs. She was compassionate and connected with me on a personal level. She works wonderfully with Dr. Stewart as they both connect with you to deliver your care plan.
How was your experience with Joshua Stewart at Weill Cornell Medical College?
You are in excellent care with Dr. Stewart. Trust the process and his expertise and don't be afraid to ask any questions or reach out.
The care from Dr. Stewart and his team is extremely personal. His care is exceptional from the moment you begin working with him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Sarah)
Sarah was fabulous. She was always available for any questions, and would promptly follow up same day post labs. She was compassionate and connected with me on a personal level. She works wonderfully with Dr. Stewart as they both connect with you to deliver your care plan.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The Weill Cornell clinic is exceptional. All the staff I encountered were kind and provided excellent care. Different NPs performed 3 of my IUIs and each one explained each part of the process and made sure I was comfortable the entire time.
I was fortunate enough to have insurance coverage for my care with Dr. Stewart. I paid a $35 copay for each appointment and IUI and $30 for each trigger injection.
Brooklyn

From our first consultation, Dr. Stewart wanted to get to know us as a couple and individually. He expressed the fertility journey can be tough and he would be here for us all along the way - after every blood test or result, he would call us....not just his nurses. He took extra steps to ensure we knew he was one call away for any questions or concerns. He’s the most attentive and engaged doctor I’ve ever had...We did have a chemical pregnancy / miscarriage and he was there for us emotionally as a doctor and helped us navigate what to do next. I cannot say better things about him as a doctor (and fertility support coach)!
Both nurses [at Weill Cornell Medical College] were warm and welcoming every time I saw them or heard from them...Brooklyn office is great particularly with COVID, you aren’t at a hospital with multiple floors and patient rooms - it’s just 1 floor and you can go in and out. All IUIs are done uptown but day to day appointments are in Brooklyn...We went with IUI from the beginning so it was only one strategy. After 3 attempts he still felt confident we would conceive given my results previously had continued to show growth in a positive way - 4th time, we conceived!
How was your experience with Joshua Stewart at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Stewart is attentive and truly deeply cares about his patients. Throughout our fertility journey together it felt as if I was his only patient - that’s how much he connected with us and made the time (however long) to see or speak to us. Coming into fertility as a complete unknown to us, he explained absolutely everything in detail and made sure we felt clear and confident about each of the steps. He is welcoming and attentive when you first meet him and that did not change from the time I moved on once I got pregnant. We did have a chemical pregnancy / miscarriage and he was there for us emotionally as a doctor and helped us navigate what to do next. I cannot say better things about him as a doctor (and fertility support coach)!
No question is too dumb, ask whatever questions you have...as many times as you need to! He’s patient and will make things as clear as possible for you
Both nurses were warm and welcoming every time I saw them or heard from them.
~ $250 per IUI with insurance covering majority of it
Brooklyn
I had one mature follicle 2 cycles of IUI with clomid...Both cycles [with Dr. Stewart] I had 2 mature follicles...I was going to try to fit in an IVF cycle prior but we were waiting on some male fertility test results when I was due to start and Dr. Stewart encouraged me to wait until we had all of the information. My partner had surgery for varicocele in March and we conceived naturally in May...he has his opinions and shares them freely but I always felt that he understood that I wanted to take an approach with as little intervention as possible. He helped me to understand each option and to take my time and not rush. He often asked how I was feeling or how I was doing. Th
The Brooklyn location of Cornell is wonderful. It has the feeling of a small clinic, not a baby farm, the staff is very friendly and compassionate, and it has the power of the hospital behind it. The waiting room is always quiet and clean. I was always seen very quickly and the team was efficient when that was called for...Dr. Stewart really sees his patients, he has his opinions and shares them freely but I always felt that he understood that I wanted to take an approach with as little intervention as possible. He helped me to understand each option and to take my time and not rush. He often asked how I was feeling or how I was doing. Th
How was your experience with Joshua Stewart at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Stewart listened to me and understood that I was eager but that I wanted to explore options before IVF. He ensured that we did not rush into treatments without all the data and information to make informed decisions. He went above and beyond, calling to give me results when he could, meeting us in the office for a consult after hours, staying at the hospital so he could do an insemination for me. He really believes in a very high standard of care, but has a strong understanding of the science behind every decision.
Be open and honest about what is most important for you in the process, he will listen to what you want to do and help guide you based on his experience and expertise.
Dr. Stewart really sees his patients, he has his opinions and shares them freely but I always felt that he understood that I wanted to take an approach with as little intervention as possible. He helped me to understand each option and to take my time and not rush. He often asked how I was feeling or how I was doing. The staff in his office are kind and got to know me. The Brooklyn office is great because it feels like a small intimate clinic but with the power of a great research institute and labs behind it.
1 cycle unmedicated IUI with monitoring. I had one mature follicle 2 cycles of IUI with clomid (don't remember the dosage) with monitoring and trigger shot. Both cycles I had 2 mature follicles I was going to try to fit in an IVF cycle prior but we were waiting on some male fertility test results when I was due to start and Dr. Stewart encouraged me to wait until we had all of the information. My partner had surgery for varicocele in March and we conceived naturally in May
Brooklyn

He [Dr. Joshua Stewart] takes the time to listen completely and thoroughly explains every aspect of care and treatment. He also values patients opinions and comments about their care...the best doctor I have ever worked with. He is very thorough, compassionate, and has a fantastic bedside manner. It was also great that he addresses every concern on the first visit, from the consultation to the full evaluation. You leave his office knowing exactly what is going on and what the plan is to proceed. I would 100% recommended him to anyone I know and have in fact already done so to several people.
All of Dr. Stewart’s staff [at Weill Cornell Medical College] are extremely friendly and helpful. My questions were always answered promptly...The clinic is very bright and welcoming from the moment you walk in the door. The reception staff greet you quickly and the wait is never long. Appointments are also easily scheduled at the front desk. It is truly a good experience from start to finish...As someone with PCOS who does not ovulate regularly, Dr. Stewart came up with a quick and easy plan that fit my needs and wants perfectly. Luckily for us, getting pregnant was as easy as some synthroid and metformin.
How was your experience with Joshua Stewart at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Stewart is the best doctor I have ever worked with. He is very thorough, compassionate, and has a fantastic bedside manner. It was also great that he addresses every concern on the first visit, from the consultation to the full evaluation. You leave his office knowing exactly what is going on and what the plan is to proceed. I would 100% recommended him to anyone I know and have in fact already done so to several people.
He takes the time to listen completely and thoroughly explains every aspect of care and treatment. He also values patients opinions and comments about their care.
All of Dr. Stewart’s staff are extremely friendly and helpful. My questions were always answered promptly.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Only a small copay from my insurance.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Stewart always took the time to answer all of our questions and would give us a game plan that we could understand and would put our minds at ease that there were other options available to us despite our having had two failed transfers prior to switching to him...When things were not going well or it was bad news, Dr. Stewart would always personally call and thoroughly explain things, as well as provide us with additional options so we would not lose hope. Dr. Stewart and his staff make you feel like they are on your journey with you. Could not recommend more.
Molly, [nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College] called every day with the test results and was always very caring and would answer any questions I had, sometimes spending more than ten-fifteen minutes on the phone with me to explain things...staff's caring and attentive nature is the clinic's greatest strength... Dr. Stewart and his staff make you feel like they are on your journey with you. Could not recommend more....
How was your experience with Joshua Stewart at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Stewart was phenomenal. My husband and I switched to Dr. Stewart after having a terrible experience at another clinic where the doctor was unresponsive and uninvolved in our treatment. Dr. Stewart always took the time to answer all of our questions and would give us a game plan that we could understand and would put our minds at ease that there were other options available to us despite our having had two failed transfers prior to switching to him. His nurse, Molly, called every day with the test results and was always very caring and would answer any questions I had, sometimes spending more than ten-fifteen minutes on the phone with me to explain things. When things were not going well or it was bad news, Dr. Stewart would always personally call and thoroughly explain things, as well as provide us with additional options so we would not lose hope. Dr. Stewart and his staff make you feel like they are on your journey with you. Could not recommend more.
Dr. Stewart is one of the most caring physicians I have ever come across. Infertility can be a very lonely and daunting process and throughout our time together he often was the one keeping hope alive for my husband and I. He always reached out to follow up and was always the one who called if there was bad news.
I had two failed frozen embryo transfers prior to seeing Dr. Stewart, both were medicated cycles. On my first cycle with Dr. Stewart, we tried an unmedicated cycle which was not successful. Dr. Stewart then suggested an ERA which showed that my implantation window was slightly off from the norm. The next cycle we did another frozen, unmedicated cycle, which unfortunately resulted in an ectopic pregnancy. Dr. Stewart then suggested we try another round of IVF with a fresh transfer, which was successful.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Dr. Stewart and his staff's caring and attentive nature is the clinic's greatest strength. Beyond that, Dr. Stewart is also an extremely knowledgeable physician who is on top of the most recent studies in his field, so you know that you can trust him and his plan for your treatment.

2019, 31 Eggs Frozen
[Dr. Joshua Stewart] is an extremely caring and knowledgeable doctor. I felt like I was in the best hands while going through this process and would recommend him to anyone considering fertility procedures. He is truly amazing!...was very attentive and informative every step of the way, making me feel completely comfortable physically and emotionally throughout the entire process...
This clinic [Weill Cornell Medical College] seemed very clean and organized regarding appointment scheduling and documentation. Everyone I encountered had a welcoming demeanor and was ready to answer any questions or respond to any concerns...Dr. Stewart was very attentive and informative every step of the way, making me feel completely comfortable physically and emotionally throughout the entire process.
How was your experience with Joshua Stewart at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Stewart is an extremely caring and knowledgeable doctor. I felt like I was in the best hands while going through this process and would recommend him to anyone considering fertility procedures. He is truly amazing!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
This clinic seemed very clean and organized regarding appointment scheduling and documentation. Everyone I encountered had a welcoming demeanor and was ready to answer any questions or respond to any concerns.
Brooklyn
she [Dr. Kang] thought our previous clinic overstimulated us and she was confident we could have more success with less aggressive medication regimens to stimulate eggs. The first cycle we had 4 embryos, but only 1 was viable on testing. The second cycle was cancelled. However, when we met with her for the next cycle to discuss the treatment plan, she was much colder. We stated that due to insurance, this is our last cycle and we want to optimize it. She looked at us and said, "well we go into all of our treatment cycles thinking that."
Most times the wait [at Weill Cornell] is over an hour, though recently it has been under 15 minutes. Basically very variable...Unnecessary hoops for "veteran IVFer's" to jump through, like their IVF class, retrieval class in the city, etc. Its like they have unrealistic expectations on the amount of time their demands waste on the patients lives. For instance, a trigger shot may be administered at 12 midnight, then they expect the patient to come into the city for a 6am class - regardless of where you live so you may be coming from hours away, need to drive (awful parking) or take a train (horrible schedule at that time). Meaning you get 1 hour of sleep and they just tell you to deal with it.
How was your experience with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Kang is sometimes warm and smiley, sometimes no nonsense, sometimes appears not invested. She is by the book (doesn't believe the research supports supplements, acupuncture, etc). I completed 1 egg retrieval, had 1 cancelled cycle, and about to begin another egg retrieval.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Come prepared with questions and research.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
We have done a couple of rounds of IVF retrievals with Dr. Kang. Prior to working with her, we were at RMA for 4 timed intercourse cycles, 3 IUIs, and 3 rounds of IVF. Dr. Kang started by treating us like a human at the beginning of the treatment. During the first cycle she stated that she thought our previous clinic overstimulated us and she was confident we could have more success with less aggressive medication regimens to stimulate eggs. The first cycle we had 4 embryos, but only 1 was viable on testing. The second cycle was cancelled. However, when we met with her for the next cycle to discuss the treatment plan, she was much colder. We stated that due to insurance, this is our last cycle and we want to optimize it. She looked at us and said, "well we go into all of our treatment cycles thinking that." When we asked for advice she wouldn't give us any suggestions and instead said, "Well what do you want to do?" I tried giving ideas based off of treatments I heard of through other support groups, online research, friends such as using Clomid on the male, procedures on myself, etc. She shook her head at all of them and said, "what else are you thinking?" So finally I responded, "Well, you are the professional and this is your area of expertise, I'm only telling you the little research I've done, why don't you give us some ideas based on your knowledge?" She was reluctant to come up with more suggestions but finally agreed to do a check up and after some time came up with a plan. I felt discouraged like I had to do the work on my own. Also felt as though she was not invested in our treatment after hearing we were running out of funds in our insurance plan.
Describe the protocols Hey-Joo Kang used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
1. Egg retrieval using an estrogen priming protocol (20 retrieved, 11 mature, 8 fertilized, 4 blastocysts, PGS testing 1 normal). 2. Same protocol for round 2, cycle cancelled due to poor response. 3. Will begin shortly, estrogen priming with microdose lupron flare to see if it controls eggs better.
Overall, its hit or miss. Seems like they are usually in a rush to call or se the next patient and its hard to stop them to ask questions.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Weaknesses: The billing team and clinic are very separate and they don't communicate with one another. Unnecessary hoops for "veteran IVFer's" to jump through, like their IVF class, retrieval class in the city, etc. Its like they have unrealistic expectations on the amount of time their demands waste on the patients lives. For instance, a trigger shot may be administered at 12 midnight, then they expect the patient to come into the city for a 6am class - regardless of where you live so you may be coming from hours away, need to drive (awful parking) or take a train (horrible schedule at that time). Meaning you get 1 hour of sleep and they just tell you to deal with it.
Most times the wait is over an hour, though recently it has been under 15 minutes. Basically very variable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Insurance covered but responsible for many copays, some medications.
What specific things went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College.
During the first retrieval, they changed the trigger and didn't explain why. It was after hours so I couldn't get in touch with my doctor and they were annoyed I was requesting more information about this. Also, the billing team expects patients to do all the pre-authorizations for them (my previous clinic did all this work for you). Then when medications change, they don't explain if they don't have pre-auth for it. You're expected to keep track of all of that. If you don't have strong knowledge in billing, etc. then good luck figuring it out. Also, through my insurance this clinic is considered a "center of excellence", which means no copays etc. However, they will send their tests etc to the hospital, which is out of network. So you have to constantly fight about billing. At the previous clinic I was at, no matter what was done and sent to external labs etc, you weren't responsible for even a penny. It shows the difference in the billing teams and their investment in helping their patients. then, to top it all of, you'll get mailings every few weeks asking for donations to their hospital for their "top notch care" they gave you....

2020, Unknown Success
I felt very comfortable with her [Dr. Hey-Joo Kang]. She really is a no nonsense doctor and does not give false hope, yet, gives you all options available...She will give you options from the start and proceed with treatment quickly...Due to my diagnosis of POF, Dr. Kang started me off immediately with trying to level my hormones. She put me on a low-dose 0.05 mg of estradiol to help with hot flashes. I was given thyroid medication 0.05 mg to help my thyroid. I was given progesterone during my first IUI.
Cost for the first IUI was $800 [at Weill Cornell Medical College]...They operate very efficiently. Very organized. The receptionist is a very knowledgeable and helpful. She’s on top of her game when it comes to rescheduling or scheduling an appointment. She knows the medications and works with insurances to give you the best options. It was very pleased with how organized and helpful this establishment was...Nursing staff were all very nice. Very quick and to the point.
How was your experience with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I felt like she was on time, to the point, and really well spoken. I felt very comfortable with her. She really is a no nonsense doctor and does not give false hope, yet, gives you all options available.
She’s very to the point. She does not waste your time. She will give you options from the start and proceed with treatment quickly.
I felt like a human because she was willing to listen to me. She was very straightforward, but very kind. Right before my first IUI, she turned to me and actually said “let’s hope for a miracle.” I felt like that was more than a doctor had to say to a patient. She was kindly letting me know not to get my hopes up too high but was a small chance. This is more than any other doctor has said to me.
Nursing staff were all very nice. Very quick and to the point.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Cost for the first IUI was $800. All medications up to and throughout the first are you why were approximately $200.
Long Island
Dr Kang is easily the best doctor I’ve ever been to. She is unbelievably smart, friendly, and professional. She was able to diagnose my issue right away and get me the proper course of action. When I had a failed pregnancy, she diagnosed it early on, was very straightforward about a course of action and gave me no false hope. She helped me move on from that and get me pregnant again Soon after with a healthy pregnancy...Having irregular cycles, I started with a few rounds of clomid with timed inter course. I had 1 success but it was ultimately an early MC due to an implantation issue. She caught it right away. We moved on to IUI with clomid for first round second round (successful) gonal F shots with IUI.
The nursing staff [at Weill Cornell Medical College] was amazing. Test results were given promptly on the same day and they responded to all questions within 30 min of leaving a message...With offices in NYC and garden city it was very convenient...Every office was clean and every staff member was extremely helpful. Every office was able to take on many patients at once, all while giving indivualized care...office staff is unbelievably organized. Diana or a nurse typically called back within 30-60 minutes of leaving a message with even the smallest question. This included days when the office was closed. Test results were always given promptly on the same day and the process of bloodwork and ultrasound was completed quickly no mat
How was your experience with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Kang is easily the best doctor I’ve ever been to. She is unbelievably smart, friendly, and professional. She was able to diagnose my issue right away and get me the proper course of action. When I had a failed pregnancy, she diagnosed it early on, was very straightforward about a course of action and gave me no false hope. She helped me move on from that and get me pregnant again Soon after with a healthy pregnancy. Her office staff is unbelievably organized. Diana or a nurse typically called back within 30-60 minutes of leaving a message with even the smallest question. This included days when the office was closed. Test results were always given promptly on the same day and the process of bloodwork and ultrasound was completed quickly no matter how many people were ahead of me. I can not recommend Dr Kang and this office enough. If you are considering or on the fence 100% absolutely use her!
Just be patient!!!! Not everything will happen in your first round but she knows what she is doing!
Dr Kang is absolutely amazing. She gave results and was straightforward about possible treatment plans and outcomes. She took time to answer questions and explain everything.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Sarah & Amy)
The nursing staff was amazing. Test results were given promptly on the same day and they responded to all questions within 30 min of leaving a message. Dr Kang’s assistant Diana is the most organized and professional person I have ever dealt with. She ensured every prescription was on time. She dealt with insurance no problem, scheduled appointments, and returned frantic phone calls within minutes, even when the office was closed.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Cornell is an amazing practice. With offices in NYC and garden city it was very convenient. Everyone I spoke to or dealt with was amazing. I can not recommend Cornell enough. Every office was clean and every staff member was extremely helpful. Every office was able to take on many patients at once, all while giving indivualized care.
I have great insurance so I only had to pay lab fees and co pays when pregnant.
Long Island
She [Dr. Hey-Joo Kang] is very knowledgeable about her field. She is pleasant and takes her time to speak with you especially when you might feel emotional and stress about the process. Even when you do not get to speak with her directly, her staff always call back...She is very smart and pleasant. She takes her time to speak with me and validates my concerns. She is human and always present
I like the fact that all of them [nurses at Weill Cornell] are on the same page. I did not have a preference because I was confidence in all three of them. They always return my calls and explain the next step...It's clean and welcoming....The wait is not bad especially in the morning...Jessica is very pleasant too. she takes my blood for each visit...She [Dr. Hey-Joo Kang] is very knowledgeable about her field. She is pleasant and takes her time to speak with you especially when you might feel emotional and stress about the process. Even when you do not get to speak with her directly, her staff always call back.
How was your experience with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
She is very knowledgeable about her field. She is pleasant and takes her time to speak with you especially when you might feel emotional and stress about the process. Even when you do not get to speak with her directly, her staff always call back. I have gone to another provider for fertility treatment and my experience with her makes me want to complete this treatment. I a m having a very good experience.
Stay on top of your treatment. No such thing as stupid questions. The good thing is Dr. Kang and her team are quick to answer all questions.
She is very smart and pleasant. She takes her time to speak with me and validates my concerns. She is human and always present...It may not be her, but someone from her office always call back.
Coming from a bad experience, I just feel refresh with her and I understand my options better than the last experience. One thing I will never forget that she said to me was "have confidence in your body". By the time I saw her, I had given up on my body's ability to produce anything. Now my view of my body is so positive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Amy Sarah Jenifer- All 3 of them are pleasant people)
I like the fact that all of them are on the same page. I did not have a preference because I was confidence in all three of them. They always return my calls and explain the next step
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
It's clean and welcoming. I am still not clear about the computer in the lobby, because I have never been introduce or told what to do. The wait is not bad especially in the morning. I think Dr. Kang is a super woman because every time I go for my visits, she is there...I always see her by herself and I don't know she does it. The amazing this even though, she is by herself, you do not waste time. By the way, Jessica is very pleasant too. she takes my blood for each visit
My insurance does not cover my treatment, so I will be responsible to the bill. Blood work and regular visits are covered. I will be responsible to pay between $11000-$15000
Long Island

Dr. Kang is caring and compassionate and always treats us with respect....Dr. Kang is forward with information if asked and will always include me in the decisions. For example, when making a decision about how many embryos to transfer. Dr. Kang is caring and I feel like I'm more than just a number...I'm being referred to a hematologist before another transfer as Dr. Kang feels there may be an issue with adequate blood flow to the developing fetus.
So far one DER [atWeill Cornell] and two transfer puts us around $35,000....However, billing through insurance takes a very long time so I am unclear right now of the exact totals...The only complaints I have is the door slams and startles me and it is super quiet.i would prefer some light music in the waiting room. Otherwise, it is a pleasant and cleanly office. I am usually in and out for monitoring within 30 minutes and the early morning hours allow me to go prior to my work schedule.
How was your experience with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Be ready to hear the whole truth--good or bad.
Dr. Kang is caring and compassionate and always treats us with respect.
My first transfer I took all the meds as prescribed (progesterone injections and vivelle patches) and had a negative beta. The second transfer, I was advised to take a baby aspirin and I received a positive beta. Now, I'm being referred to a hematologist before another transfer as Dr. Kang feels there may be an issue with adequate blood flow to the developing fetus. I feel as though each step gets me closer to a successful pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine Zotto)
Christine always calls with my levels and ensures I follow the protocol for my medications.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
So far one DER and two transfer puts us around $35,000. We do have some insurance coverage and are hoping this overall cost is much less. However, billing through insurance takes a very long time so I am unclear right now of the exact totals.
Describe Hey-Joo Kang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Dr. Kang advised just one embryo at a time for me due to the percentages and risks associated with multiples. I trust in Dr. Kang's professional advice.
Long Island

Dr. Goldshlag is cordial, knowledgeable, and thorough. He explains procedures clearly with plenty of detail. He offers options to patients that might need them. Dr. Goldshlag and his staff are constantly revising their practice to reflect newer technology, chemistry and more scientifically beneficial procedures for his current patients and for future ones.
Dr. Goldshlag is cordial, knowledgeable, and thorough. He explains procedures clearly with plenty of detail....Nurses were cordial, personable, thorough, and called me back promptly if there I had any questions. ...I had trouble with the billing, not on the part of the hospital, but my insurance. Please make sure to ask all the billing and finance questions you need, and take notes during the financial consultation. this is NOT a fault on the part of the clinic, but rather issues that came up with my insurance company. Ask for the names of procedures and CPT codes, etc. The more informed you are, the easier it is to get coverage later.
How was your experience with Dan Goldschlag at Weill Cornell Medical College?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Dan Goldschlag at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Ask all the questions you want; Dr. Goldshlag and his staff are happy to help you with any and all concerns that you might have. Have a good PCP who is willing to help you on your IVF journey. Despite direct contact from my nurse team, I had some physicians that made it rather difficult to get medication on Dr. Goldshlag's recommendation. Also, make sure you understand the billing, and that you get a list of CPT codes and procedures in the event that your insurance needs all this information. It is sometimes difficult to argue with insurance without the jargon in hand.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Dan Goldschlag at Weill Cornell Medical College?
After my first failed cycle I was upset. Upon the start of my current cycle, I got information as to why things did not work the first time (ectopic pregnancy), the percentages involved in the number of women that experience this, etc. As for my every day care, I had daily calls from the nurses following tests with individualized instructions. When I could not get in contact with the staff,I would leave a message, and my call was always returned.
Describe the protocols Dan Goldschlag used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
Suggestions to begin a synthroid regimen helped regulate my TSH levels (important for the embryo). Estrogen patches helped regulate hormones during the menses before the cycle and after the transfer. Daily injections of Ganirelix and Menopur helped the eggs grow and multiply faster. HCG ccntrolled the release. All throughout this process regular sonograms and blood tests ensured that I my hormones and "levels" were at at a level optimal for success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Susan and Allison)
Nurses were cordial, personable, thorough, and called me back promptly if there I had any questions. There is always a nurse accessible either through the phone or at the office to address any concerns. They called after every visit to report on progress and instructions. However, I would have like more of an explanation of what to expect in terms of potential side effects from treatments and procedures.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Monitoring appointments were rather efficient. I have never been in the office for more than 45 minutes, including appointment time, despite the occasional heavy crowd. No matter how high the volume of people is, the staff is always polite; as soon as they call your name, you are greeted with "How are you?" or "Nice to see you again."
Dan Goldschlag
2013 - 2014, Successful
With a small practice out in Garden City, LI, it never felt crowded and there was rarely anyone waiting in the waiting room. NP's also gave us the proper amount of attention. The only time it felt like an IVF factory was at the Cornell facility in the city for blood draws and procedures... Dr. Kang's practice, itself, felt very small and personal.
How was your experience with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Very nice, very sweet but very thorough and direct. Did a great job keeping us informed of our different protocols and the reasoning behind them. Also did a great job keeping our spirits high. As a fellow Asian American, my wife found it very easy to trust and relate to Dr. Kang. She was the perfect balance of warmth and bluntness. Compared to our previous doctor (Dr. Hershlog) and clinic, the difference was almost night and day. Dr. Kang's practice was efficient, organized, and didn't feel as much like a "IVF Factory" like other clinics.
Trust in the protocol that she develops for you and try your best to relax and stay confident. Save your stress for when dealing with your inevitable insurance issues (no fault of Dr. Kang or her practice). And when it comes time for the weekly/daily blood tests in the city, get to the hospital as early as you can since it gets crowded quickly since everyone is trying to squeeze it in before work.
With a small practice out in Garden City, LI, it never felt crowded and there was rarely anyone waiting in the waiting room. NP's also gave us the proper amount of attention. The only time it felt like an IVF factory was at the Cornell facility in the city for blood draws and procedures. But that is expected since it's a huge hospital. Dr. Kang's practice, itself, felt very small and personal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Amy)
Nothing stood out negatively or positively. They performed their job and we had no qualms. They were helpful when called upon and we never felt like we were being brushed off.

2014, Successful
She [Dr. Hey Joo Kang] seemed to care but had low hopes that my ovaries would produce enough eggs each time. She also was not supported of my plan to use a midwife during the pregnancy once I was discharged from the IVF clinic. Also I wish I could have spoken to her more - whenever I had a question and left a message for her, it was rarely her who called me back...Understand that she is part of a very big system and you have to play by their rules. It's not a personalized and intimate experience.
They [Cornell] function like a well oiled machine. But that means that the personal approach is out the window. Billing department takes their job very seriously and doesn't let bills slide. There's a bill for everything! Wait times are long especially if you arrive after 7am. But I felt that I was in expert hands throughout the entire experience...They [nursing staff] were more like educators and coordinators. Their schedules were very confusing, difficult to figure out who to call when.
How was your experience with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
She seemed to care but had low hopes that my ovaries would produce enough eggs each time. She also was not supported of my plan to use a midwife during the pregnancy once I was discharged from the IVF clinic. Also I wish I could have spoken to her more - whenever I had a question and left a message for her, it was rarely her who called me back.
Office visits were with her or more often with the on call doc. Had to go to the city and wait in huge waiting room with tons of other patients for blood draw and ultrasound.
Sorry I don't really remember.
They were more like educators and coordinators. Their schedules were very confusing, difficult to figure out who to call when.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
They function like a well oiled machine. But that means that the personal approach is out the window. Billing department takes their job very seriously and doesn't let bills slide. There's a bill for everything! Wait times are long especially if you arrive after 7am. But I felt that I was in expert hands throughout the entire experience.
Just took a very very long time and felt like I was a number to them. One in a million.
Around 10,500 each time.
Long Island

Dr. Kang is an excellent doctor who connected with us in a very human and very real way. In short, she thinks the way we think and it was a great relief.... Dr. Kang is a very talented and analytical doctor. She was able to speak with us in a way that we completely understood what was happening and why. She has been very realistic about our pros and cons and our chances.... Dr. Kang used a minimum protocol for us, which is what we had in mind and what we had hoped for.
This [Weill Cornell Medical College] is a large hospital, which a large number of doctors and nurses. Coming from Long Island, there are the usual problems of having to go to Manhattan on weekends and for anything beyond monitoring. We have also had some real issues with billing, but no problems with the doctor's services.... There is a rotating team of nurses that are always friendly, reliable, and professional.... The costs are about the same as other IVF clinics.
How was your experience with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
She is a young doctor and will surprise you with her takes on the best way forward, in a very good way.
Dr. Kang used a minimum protocol for us, which is what we had in mind and what we had hoped for. We are prepping for an IVF and in the meanwhile we tried an IUI.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
This is a large hospital, which a large number of doctors and nurses. Coming from Long Island, there are the usual problems of having to go to Manhattan on weekends and for anything beyond monitoring. We have also had some real issues with billing, but no problems with the doctor's services.
The costs are about the same as other IVF clinics.
We preformed multiple embryo transfer and it was earlier than expected.

Investment Banker
Dr. Braverman met with us and explained thoroughly what he suspected was causing my miscarriages. He was very detailed... He ran tests on both my husband and myself and he treated me accordingly. I'm now the proud mother of a sweet boy who was born on April 2, 2018...He also always responds to my emails in very good timing. He truly deserves an award.. I've had 7 miscarriages
How was your experience with Jeffrey Braverman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Braverman ensured that he could help me. I live in Jamaica and I travel to the states to see him. I knew about him by merely researching on the internet and coming across his page. I have no regrets. I've had 7 miscarriages and one 24 weeker who died at 30 days old. After meeting with Dr Braverman last year in 2017, I left his office having hope that i could be a parent one day. He ran tests on both my husband and myself and he treated me accordingly. I'm now the proud mother of a sweet boy who was born on April 2, 2018. Dr. Braverman is the most brilliant doctor. He also always responds to my emails in very good timing. He truly deserves an award.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Braverman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
It may be costly but it's so worth it. You will get answers.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Braverman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Braverman met with us and explained thoroughly what he suspected was causing my miscarriages. He was very detailed. He is simply brilliant and the best
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Didn't use the clinic. I reside in Jamaica. This question may not be applicable to me.,....,...........,..,........................,...................,...........,......,.....................,,...,..,,...,..... ....,
Jeffrey Braverman
2010 - 2012, Unsuccessful
Dr. Kang made me feel unbelievably comfortable and secure throughout the entire process. She possesses every possible characteristic one could ask for in a doctor! I never felt like a number and her attention to detail goes above and beyond. ... During the entire process of my IVF treatment, I felt empowered simply due to her keen and extremely detailed explanations of each step. We were always able to get in contact with her and she was always ready to answer any of my questions, or address my concerns.
The clinic [Weill Cornell Medical College - Long Island] is located in a very safe and easily accessible area with lots of parking! ... The waiting rooms are all very well stocked and very clean ... It's always very clean and the environment is warm and friendly. ... Three nursing staff were all very friendly and professional ... During the entire process of my IVF treatment, I felt empowered simply due to her [Dr. Kang] keen and extremely detailed explanations of each step.
How was your experience with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Kang made me feel unbelievably comfortable and secure throughout the entire process. She possesses every possible characteristic one could ask for in a doctor! I never felt like a number and her attention to detail goes above and beyond. I HIGHLY recommend her!
Trust her advice 100%
Dr. Kang is one of the kindest, most patient and caring doctors I've ever had the opportunity to work with. During the entire process of my IVF treatment, I felt empowered simply due to her keen and extremely detailed explanations of each step. We were always able to get in contact with her and she was always ready to answer any of my questions, or address my concerns. I never felt pressured or rushed. When we realized my IVF failed, she cried with me! I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Kang!
Three nursing staff were all very friendly and professional
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic is located in a very safe and easily accessible area with lots of parking! It's always very clean and the environment is warm and friendly. The waiting rooms are all very well stocked and very clean

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
As many times as I called she [Dr. Hey-Joo Kang] was right there with us. She is sensitive to our needs and I feel her compassion in each visit. We have been working with her for two years and I would recommend her to anyone...High dosages of medication while stimming, aware of changes in mood, communicated all with doctor and clinic. We were all on the same page as far as protocol.
Results [from Weill Cornell Medical College] come back later on in the day. Waiting for blood results often were after 5pm. I was sent bills without having my insurance run, and the mismanagement of some coding is a pain to get fixed. Signing in in the AM should be seamless and the machine to sign in isn’t always working or accurate...[Monitoring appointments are] First come, first serve.
How was your experience with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
As many times as I called she was right there with us. She is sensitive to our needs and I feel her compassion in each visit. We have been working with her for two years and I would recommend her to anyone.
See her! Let her do her work and discuss options, be your own advocate, do your research and have some trust in the process.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Results come back later on in the day. Waiting for blood results often were after 5pm. I was sent bills without having my insurance run, and the mismanagement of some coding is a pain to get fixed. Signing in in the AM should be seamless and the machine to sign in isn’t always working or accurate
First come, first serve.
10500 IVF 2000 icsi
Long Island
Dr. Kang always took the time to listen to my questions and concerns. She is the second IVF physician I have seen and is by far a great example of how physicians should treat patients during this difficult process. She was very patient and caring with me...I have seen and is by far a great example of how physicians should treat patients during this difficult process. She was very patient and caring with me.
Dr. Kang's assistant [at Weill Cornell Medical College] was great. She was on top everything and was very helpful with all questions I had. At first, she may come off a little short with you, but given the volume of calls and work she deals with, she is very thorough and helpful. I felt confident with this practice...Dr. Kang always took the time to listen to my questions and concerns. She is the second IVF physician I have seen and is by far a great example of how physicians should treat patients during this difficult process. She was very patient and caring with me.
How was your experience with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Don't hesitate to ask her anything.
Dr. Hey Joo Kang has an exceptional bedside manner. She explained everything thoroughly and took the time to answer all our questions. She was very candid and delivered good and not so great news in a delicate manner. I was very pleased with her.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Dr. Kang's assistant was great. She was on top everything and was very helpful with all questions I had. At first, she may come off a little short with you, but given the volume of calls and work she deals with, she is very thorough and helpful. I felt confident with this practice.
Long Island

[Dr. Reichman's] treatment of my case from day one was defined by his compassion, intelligence, expertise, knowledge and sense of humor, where appropriate...He does NOT condescend your intelligence either, like some doctors may be prone to doing. He will describe — in a helpful and thoughtful way — anything and everything you care to know more about when it comes to your medical journey. Second, his honesty. He is very honest, but in no way to a fault — only so that you can set your expectations correctly.
The nurses [at Weill Cornell Medical College] are top-notch and will call you every day during IVF with instructions...I know in the beginning and end I worked closely with Nurse Christine — I will forever be in her debt for her kindness and expertise...Monitoring is run with great efficiency, appointments are made with highly capable staff and secretaries by your side. Everything is impeccably clean and state of the art.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I remember being so nervous for my consultation. Remember, that’s normal! It can be a very nerve wrecking and stressful process without the right pilot to navigate the way for you and your partner. Dr. Reichman is that pilot! First, his knowledge — he is tremendously knowledgeable in his field. One thing I love about Dr. Reichman is he doesn’t pretend to know things that go beyond his scope as a Reproductive Endocrinologist; he always speaks to his field first and foremost. He does NOT condescend your intelligence either, like some doctors may be prone to doing. He will describe — in a helpful and thoughtful way — anything and everything you care to know more about when it comes to your medical journey. Second, his honesty. He is very honest, but in no way to a fault — only so that you can set your expectations correctly. And if you’re a sensitive person, he will certainly cushion that honesty with a great deal of kindness and sensitivity as well. Third, his lack of BS (which kind of goes with the honesty thing). But is a separate point worth bringing up. He does not show-off, or act in an arrogant way, also as some doctors can. He is reserved and composed in his demeanor such that you innately trust him with your health and the well-being of your future.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Write down any questions you may have in case you forget them. Dr. Reichman will ALWAYS give you the opportunity to ask any questions you may have, so it’s good to be prepared for a fruitful conversation.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I cannot begin to describe the positive impact Dr. Reichman and his remarkable team have had on my life. His treatment of my case from day one was defined by his compassion, intelligence, expertise, knowledge and sense of humor, where appropriate. It is a pleasure and true honor to benefit from his gifts in the medical field, and to now have my son Zachary. Thank you, Dr. Reichman. It makes me feel that much better about the world knowing countless women will be helped by you.
Describe the protocols David Reichman used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
Sorry ladies, I don’t remember many specifics. Just know you’re in the most capable hands with Dr. Reichman and his expert team of nurses and staff.
The nurses are top-notch and will call you every day during IVF with instructions. Because my husband is a doctor, I never had questions about their instructions, but I’m sure that if you have them they are super receptive to that. I know in the beginning and end I worked closely with Nurse Christine — I will forever be in her debt for her kindness and expertise.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
It is among the best in the world — case closed! Monitoring is run with great efficiency, appointments are made with highly capable staff and secretaries by your side. Everything is impeccably clean and state of the art. After all, Weill Cornell is affiliated with the #4 Hospital in the nation.
Tribeca

I traveled to NYC for treatment after [Dr. Reichman]. had been recommended to me by 2 friends and after a failed cycle in my hometown, Miami...He's incredibly honest, encouraging, and provided a personalized experience - far superior than my prior experiences. I also felt my drug protocol was more personalized - he lowered my drugs (less side effects, less costly) and we had a higher # of eggs retrieved, despite starting with same # of eggs on day 3 for all 4 of my cycles. I saw him almost every visit (occasionally saw another MD for a weekend visit). I felt like he really cared about my overall success.
She [nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College] was easy to get in touch with by phone and email. I felt like she really cared about my success - she followed up on my beta tests both times (I used an outside lab), despite it being her day off both times...Initially my insurance denied covering the cycle given I had frozen eggs, but Dr. Reichman battled it out with the insurance company in a peer-to-peer, and they overturned the denial...Clinic was very efficient - in both Tribeca office and uptown. High volume but they move quickly - I never had to wait more than 5 minutes for an appointment. Front desk and other staff very pleasant.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman was the 4th reproductive endocrinologist I've seen, as I had completed 2 egg retrievals to freeze eggs (yielded 2 PGS embryos), then 1 cycle for IVF in Miami (0 PGS embryos), then 1 egg retrieval with Dr. Reichman (3 PGS embryos). I traveled to NYC for treatment after Dr. R. had been recommended to me by 2 friends and after a failed cycle in my hometown, Miami. First consult was by phone and I felt he was going to be the MD to get me pregnant - and he did, I'm 11 weeks pregnant. Overall experience with Dr. R was top notch. He's incredibly honest, encouraging, and provided a personalized experience - far superior than my prior experiences. I also felt my drug protocol was more personalized - he lowered my drugs (less side effects, less costly) and we had a higher # of eggs retrieved, despite starting with same # of eggs on day 3 for all 4 of my cycles. I saw him almost every visit (occasionally saw another MD for a weekend visit). I felt like he really cared about my overall success.
Don't be afraid to ask any question, even if it seems silly or uninformed. Dr. Reichman is patient and will answer anything.
Cornell is a big center, which was one of the main reasons I chose Cornell. (High volume usually indicates highly skilled embryologists and top notch technology). Dr. Reichman and his nurse Christine makes you feel like you are their only patient, they are so responsive! Dr. Reichman usually responded to my emails within minutes. He personally called me when we had big updates (genetic testing results, pregnancy test results). He called me when my first transfer didn't work - I was heartbroken but he immediately helped me focus on my next transfer with a detailed plan for how we'll try again (next transfer worked!).
My protocol was straightforward -- 225 gonal, 150 menopur, then added cetrotide later. In previous cycle with Miami MD, we did 350 gonal, 75/150 menopur and a flare protocol (started w/ lupron). Dr. Reichman didn't think I needed such a high dosage given my weight and ovarian reserve and he was right - we got better results. For transfer, we first did a natural cycle, which didn't take. 2nd cycle was a medicated cycle, which worked.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine Lu)
Christine is super responsive and very detail oriented. She and Dr. Reichman work as a true team. She was easy to get in touch with by phone and email. I felt like she really cared about my success - she followed up on my beta tests both times (I used an outside lab), despite it being her day off both times. The other nurses were also great - they call with test results if it's a weekend. Christine takes her time and will answer any questions you have, by phone or email. I did a lot of my monitoring remotely and she was amazing with helping to coordinate. she helped me find the best options for my schedule given I was out of nyc at various times during transfer periods.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The biggest strength of Cornell is their embryologists and laboratory high tech equipment. I did a consult with a top doctor in Beverly Hills who referenced Cornell's technology as top notch and too expensive for most fertility centers. Clinic was very efficient - in both Tribeca office and uptown. High volume but they move quickly - I never had to wait more than 5 minutes for an appointment. Front desk and other staff very pleasant.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Most of my clinic/procedure costs were covered by insurance. Initially my insurance denied covering the cycle given I had frozen eggs, but Dr. Reichman battled it out with the insurance company in a peer-to-peer, and they overturned the denial. I self-paid for drugs and they helped me find the most affordable pharmacy. Dr. Reichman also worked the system to allow me to transfer my frozen eggs from another institution so they could be combined with the eggs retrieved to save costs for fertilization and genetic testing.
Describe David Reichman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Given I had PGS-tested embryos, Dr. Reichman strongly recommended transferring only 1 embryo in both of my transfers. He shared that birth defects are 4x in twins and I would be 30% chance likely to have twins.