Genetic counseling: Offered
Upper West Side
2315 Broadway
657 Main Street
Mount Kisco, NY 10549
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Weill Cornell Medical College to a friend?

2019 - 2020
Dr. Reichman created a personal connection immediately. I saw him every time I visited the practice (except for blood test only) and he always made me feel like I was a top priority, never missing a beat in knowing my history and treatment plan...He is warm and compassionate but also honest and forthcoming in setting expectations based on my condition. While some visits were very short, I never felt rushed and he sets up separate 'talk' appointments just to plan out treatment, discuss options and questions. He is also extremely responsive via email.
I never had an issue with billing, appointments, or anything else from an administrative perspective [at Weill Cornell Medical College]. Wait times vary but were never very long. All of the nurses and front desk staff that I came into contact with were professional and kind...Initially, first my appointment was maybe 8 weeks out. I asked to be placed on the wait list and got a call within a few weeks and ran down to see him. Best decision I made! From there on out appointments were frequent and easy to come by.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I felt as though I was in the best hands with Dr. Reichman from day 1. He is warm and compassionate but also honest and forthcoming in setting expectations based on my condition. While some visits were very short, I never felt rushed and he sets up separate 'talk' appointments just to plan out treatment, discuss options and questions. He is also extremely responsive via email.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Describe the protocols David Reichman used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
I had a unique case as I do not have traditional fertility issues. He diagnosed me with Asherman's syndrome (uterine scarring) from a d&c I had a few months prior. He was able to diagnose me via saline sonogram, followed by surgery - hysteroscopy with adhesion removal. Post surgery he placed a balloon in my uterus and had estrogen treatment. 1 month post-surgery, I had a saline sonogram and HSG to confirm that the scarring had been removed, followed by monitoring to see how my lining responded post-surgery.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine)
Attentive and responsive, generally following up the same day with results.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I never had an issue with billing, appointments, or anything else from an administrative perspective. Wait times vary but were never very long. All of the nurses and front desk staff that I came into contact with were professional and kind.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College.
I had to cover my deductible and beyond that, every visit and treatment was covered at 100%
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College.

2018 - 2020
He [Dr. David Reichman] was confident that my recurring losses were due to genetically abnormal embryos so he recommended PGS testing, which was the best call - we should have listened sooner. For my retreival we used Gonal-F, Menepur and Ganirelix and I was monitored very closely throughout the whole cycle...recommended transfering only one embryo...brought some much-needed levity that we always appreciated. Additionally, I can't say enough wonderful things about his office staff. The receptionists knew me by name and the nurses always greeted us with a smile no
Christine [nurse at Weill Cornell] was fantastic. She always called with my results, returned emails and phone calls very promptly, and answered all of my many questions without making me feel crazy (I was an anxious patient!)...Very well organized, which was always surprising to me given how busy the waiting room could get. If you arrive early enough you don't have to wait...Every team member, whether it be a receptionist or nurse, was always patient and kind which makes a big difference when you are struggling with infertility and have to trek in so often. It was never lost on me how hard they w
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Reichman is an exceptionally intelligent, patient and compassionate doctor, who somehow balances his deep wealth of knowledge with incredible humanity, kindness and humor. Throughout my time under his care he always listened, gave his honest opinion and provided options without ever pushing me, which I really appreciated. I was hesitant to jump into any intense treatments so we started with timed intercourse followed by IUIs. I got pregnant within a few months, but it turned out to be an ectopic resulting in emergency surgery to remove my fallopian tube. My husband and I will never forget how amazing Dr Reichman was throughout the whole experience. On a Friday evening, he rushed to meet us at the ER and canceled his own plans for the night so that he could be there with us and perform the surgery himself. This was not something he had to do - and I knew other doctors wouldn't - but that's how much he cares about his patients. He turned a traumatic situation into something much more bearable and assured us this would not prevent me from becoming pregnant. Given how painful the fertility journey can be, we couldn't imagine getting through it without a doctor who cared as much as he did. Even after this experience (and another miscarriage) he didn't push me into IVF until I felt ready, even though he knew it would give us our best chance of success. Of course he was right, and I got pregnant from my first transfer (which he performed.) We trusted him throughout the entire process and he never steered us wrong. We felt incredibly lucky to be under his care and will never be able to thank him enough for everything.
Trust what he says. He truly cares about you as a patient and person and knows what he is doing.
Regardless of the many patients under his care, Dr Reichman remembered every detail of my case. He was always patient, answering all of my questions and calming my fears. He would consistently ask how my husband and I were doing, and was genuinly concerned about the emotional toll that my last miscarriage took on us (which was the result of natural conception, before we followed his recommendation to try IVF with genetically tested embryos). In every interaction, it was obvious he cared about us as people and understood how trying this process can be. He also brought some much-needed levity that we always appreciated. Additionally, I can't say enough wonderful things about his office staff. The receptionists knew me by name and the nurses always greeted us with a smile no matter how early it was or how many patients were waiting. This makes all of the difference when you're starting so many of your days there.
Since I am fairly young, had gotten pregnant once before, and testing showed no concerns with my health or my husband's, we started with timed intercourse then moved on to try two IUIs. We attempted a third IUI with Clomid but canceled once Dr Reichman saw I was ovulating on my left side where my fallopian tube had been removed. I ended up getting pregnant naturally but it resulted in another miscarriage, after which we finally took Dr Reichman's advice and turned to IVF. He was confident that my recurring losses were due to genetically abnormal embryos so he recommended PGS testing, which was the best call - we should have listened sooner. For my retreival we used Gonal-F, Menepur and Ganirelix and I was monitored very closely throughout the whole cycle. Dr Reichman got us great results, but unfortunately after PGS we had high attrition and were left with only 2 normal embryos. He recommended we move forward with another retrieval which wasn't what we planned, but we talked it through and he felt it would serve us better in the long run to start with more embryos so we could alleviate some pressure, and he was right. We got amazing results from my second retreival (same protocol) and we were able to move forward with a transfer soon after (natrual cycle with a frozen day 5 embryo), which was successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine Lu)
Christine was fantastic. She always called with my results, returned emails and phone calls very promptly, and answered all of my many questions without making me feel crazy (I was an anxious patient!) She went out of her way to make sure we always had what we needed in terms of meds, and seemed genuinly happy for us whenever we got good news. I loved her upbeat and positive personality.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
We loved the Tribeca office. It was a 5 minute walk from my office which was huge, but I would have traveled much further for the care I received there. Every team member, whether it be a receptionist or nurse, was always patient and kind which makes a big difference when you are struggling with infertility and have to trek in so often. It was never lost on me how hard they work and how many vulerable and anxious patients they deal with all day, and yet they were still always so pleasant. I had to go to the UES location a couple of times on weekends and it made me appreciate Tribeca even more, which feels much more intimate and way less overwhelming.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Very well organized, which was always surprising to me given how busy the waiting room could get. If you arrive early enough you don't have to wait. However, there were days I rolled out of bed on the later side and still never waited more than 20 minutes.
Insurance did not cover our first round of IVF, so we ended up paying about $30k in all. I was able to switch to a different insurance plan before my second retrieval so paid less. Dr Reichman's staff was always transparent about what the costs would be before we started anything.
Describe David Reichman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Dr Reichman recommended transfering only one embryo, which we were completely aligned with.
+ Read more- Read less

We had a 10 week wait to get our initial meeting with Dr Reichman but I'm glad that didn't deter us. Once you are Dr Reichman's patient he is very responsive, and availability isn't an issue...We did 2 retrievals and one (successful!) frozen embryo transfer...We did PGS testing on our embryos. These were the same drugs that I used at a previous clinic with two other Drs, but Dr Reichman seemed more up to date than the other Drs were with various testing methods, clinical trials, etc. The treatment with Dr Reichman felt more cutting edge. He is very informed, he listens to your goals and puts together a great state-of-the-art plan just for you.
I really like the clinic [Weill Cornell Medical College]! The wait times were never bad, despite lots of patients coming and going. The clinic itself is clean and nice. It was astonishing how crowded the waiting room was at the Upper East Side office during weekend monitoring hours, but even there I didn't wait for too long...Our main nurse Christine is a so kind, reassuring, and extremely organized. She always answered my emailed questions quickly and set my mind at ease. I was always so happy to see her at the practice...Cost was always made clear to us in advance and there were no surprises.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I cannot recommend Dr Reichman highly enough. Communication via email is swift and well thought-out. He takes the time to answer questions thoroughly. and examine the pros and cons of various approaches when you could reasonably choose between several treatment options. I felt very confident in his knowledge and experience and trusted him completely. I always felt informed. Dr Reichman also seemed genuinely invested in the outcome of my treatment and my comfort during the process. He goes above and beyond for his patients. He concluded I needed surgery for a fibroid and referred me to a high-profile surgeon at a NYC different hospital. I was crushed to learn the surgeon had a 3 month wait just for a consult; my biological clock was ticking loudly in the background! Dr Reichman personally went out of his way to help me get an appointment with the surgeon 10 days later, and then later high-fived me happily when my post-surgery ultrasound revealed the operation had been a huge success. Prior to that, we had a disappointing outcome with an embryo retrieval, and Dr Reichman called us himself and delivered the news with the perfect balance of no-nonsense, compassion, and optimism about our future. IVF is a grueling process with lots of highs and lows, and I felt SO lucky to have Dr Reichman in my corner throughout.
Book you initial consult now. We had a 10 week wait to get our initial meeting with Dr Reichman but I'm glad that didn't deter us. Once you are Dr Reichman's patient he is very responsive, and availability isn't an issue.
Dr Reichman is fantastic! He is kind and direct, and has a very warm demeanor and fun sense of humor. He clearly knows his stuff, and is quick to cite "the literature" and his own experience to answer all questions thoroughly. He is realistic yet encouraging, remembers details about your treatment and your life, and is always on your side.
We did 2 retrievals and one (successful!) frozen embryo transfer. The drugs we used were Gonal F, Ganirilex, and Menopur. We did PGS testing on our embryos. These were the same drugs that I used at a previous clinic with two other Drs, but Dr Reichman seemed more up to date than the other Drs were with various testing methods, clinical trials, etc. The treatment with Dr Reichman felt more cutting edge. He is very informed, he listens to your goals and puts together a great state-of-the-art plan just for you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine L )
The nursing staff and front desk staff are all terrific. I am so impressed with them, and grateful for the care they provided. Our main nurse Christine is a so kind, reassuring, and extremely organized. She always answered my emailed questions quickly and set my mind at ease. I was always so happy to see her at the practice. With all the required consent forms and appointments, IVF entails quite a bit of admin which can be burdensome during an already stressful process. The Cornell team is a well-oiled machine, and kept me on track with my medications, visits, etc. Sounds like a small thing but it's extremely helpful. Our previous clinic was disorganized and it was SO frustrating and wasted so much time and energy. The Tribeca front desk staff is also extremely kind and knew me by name. They all seem genuinely delighted when my FET was a success, which made that happy appointment feel even more special. Thank you Team Tribeca!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I really like the clinic! The wait times were never bad, despite lots of patients coming and going. The clinic itself is clean and nice. It was astonishing how crowded the waiting room was at the Upper East Side office during weekend monitoring hours, but even there I didn't wait for too long.
We paid largely out of pocket. For consults, 2 retrievals with PGS and ICSI, one transfer, etc I believe we paid about 45k. Cost was always made clear to us in advance and there were no surprises.
From the beginning of our fertility "journey" my husband and I have been pretty committed to the idea of doing a single embryo transfer with PGS. Dr Reichman supported this idea. I never inquired about transferring more than one embryo at a time.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
The Tribeca office staff [at Weill Cornell] always remembered my name...Hannah was Dr. Reichman's nurse, whom I worked with before she went out on maternity leave. She was always cheerful and willing to help, but in most cases she did not know the extent of my discussions with Dr. Reichman, so I preferred to speak directly with the doctor...Front desk is very friendly. I chose this clinic due to early monitoring hours before work
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman was one of five REs in the NYC area my husband and I consulted with. He was optimistic with my case from the beginning, even when I felt pessimistic. I had come to see him having just experienced my very first pregnancy, which became a miscarriage at 10 weeks. I was emotional but had my heart set on doing everything possible to becoming pregnant again. I micromanaged him. I wanted to handle every aspect of my journey, from the IVF protocols to the timing of transfer. I second guessed his nurses constantly. I emailed Dr. Reichman incessantly with compromises, worries, and left-field inquiries. He almost always answered in detail, which is something that I have yet to come across in other NYC physicians who are as busy as he is. He did not have unlimited patience, but he was always willing to sit down and touch base with us to alleviate fears, or to set our patient-physician relationship back on track after an argument.
Advocate for yourself. Dr. Reichman is incredibly smart. If your requests are substantiated, he will compromise with you on reasonable grounds.
The Tribeca office staff always remembered my name, and Dr. Reichman kept detailed notes on my case.
We dove straight into IVF due to my diminished ovarian reserve. Dr. Reichman had pitched starting with IUI/letrozole, but he supported my more aggressive choice. I insisted on a natural start, resulting in 8 retrieved, 5 fertilized, and 4 frozen. We did not PGS test. The second cycle, he proposed using BCP. I was afraid of being oversuppressed and did not want to try this modification, but he assured me it would give good results. Unfortunately, I developed a lead follicle and he canceled that cycle. The third cycle, he proposed estrogen priming. I also fought him on this. Although I had 7 follicles going into retrieval, only 2 were retrieved. Both were alive at day 6, frozen, and confirmed to be PGS normal. I took some time off after the last cycle to undergo several back to back surgeries. In January of 2019, I insisted Dr. Reichman raise a request to the embryology lab for them to transfer the second-best graded frozen embryo in my batch. That FET resulted in my current pregnancy - I am due in three weeks.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Weill Cornell Tribeca - biggest pro is that the physician performs the monitoring ultrasounds. I was able to see Dr. Reichman at almost every single monitoring appointment during the week. In addition, the clinic is clean, and the calls from nurses during the cycle are consistent and organized. Front desk is very friendly. I chose this clinic due to early monitoring hours before work, and the fact that it was a 5 minute walk from my apartment. Weakness: you do not get to see your doctor on weekends and holidays unless he/she happens to be on call. My weekend treks up to the UES office were always much worse experiences (i.e., longer wait times, unfamiliar physicians, and several incompetent nurses).
If you are willing to be at the office right at 6:30, there is almost no wait time. I made it my priority to always be in by 7am, and never had an issue being late to work.
My husband and I are fortunate to both have some fertility coverage from work. During 2018 when we were banking embryos, we were on his insurance, which covered the entirety of the 1st and 2nd round. We paid about $15,000 out of pocket for the 3rd round.
Dr. Reichman was adamant on single embryo transfer with me, citing my age and body type (slim/petite).

Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Weakness: I have had 2 failed embryo transfer with him. The last one was devastating as I transferred 2 of my last remaining embryos but I didn't receive any phone call from him. Even just to say, "sorry it didn't work". ... Strength: he tries to see his patients during "monitoring" hours. This puts me at ease as he knows everything that is going on with me. He will also try to call back your phone call by the end of the day.
Weakness: Speaking to billing [Weill Cornell] might not be private. Clinic could get crowded during the monitoring hours. ... During monitoring hours, They also have a "card" system where you just swipe your card and let them know you have arrived. ... I feel that since they [nurses] have many patients, sometimes they could loose their "patience". They would always return your phone call but you most times have to leave a message in an answering machine and waiting for their phone call.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Glenn Schattman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Strength: he tries to see his patients during "monitoring" hours. This puts me at ease as he knows everything that is going on with me. He will also try to call back your phone call by the end of the day. What I like about him is that he calls us personally with results of tests and what are the treatments. I liked that I don't feel rushed when I asked him questions after ultrasound during monitoring (which could be awkward for some). Weakness: I have had 2 failed embryo transfer with him. The last one was devastating as I transferred 2 of my last remaining embryos but I didn't receive any phone call from him. Even just to say, "sorry it didn't work". The only call I received was from my nurse that my pregnancy test was negative. I had to do a follow up appointment to speak to him about the next step. I know he might be busy or might be away during that time but days/weeks passed and still no phone call.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Glenn Schattman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Be prepared with your questions during your initial consultation. Do your own research also as to what IVF is. Be an advocate for yourself - if you don't understand something or want to discuss something with him don't be afraid to do so.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Glenn Schattman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I rate my experience is neutral. I like Dr. Schattman - he called us personally to discuss test results; he will also call back if I leave any messages. When you see him during monitoring, I don't feel rushed to ask him questions. However, the nurse communication/instructions could be better. They have different numbers for appointments, Main office # and nurses. For the nurses, there will not always be someone to pick up your call. You will have to leave a voice message. Although they will call you back before the end of the day when you leave a message, during this stressful journey I feel that having someone answer your phone call (may it be to relay a message) feels more "human" or less anxious provoking. Also, sometimes you also gets a voice message thru Dr. Schattman's office. When I leave a message, there is always that thought what if my message get deleted by mistake or the voice mail machine acts up. What now? Just my thought. In terms of their monitoring and appointments, they have a different section for both which I like. You don't feel the crowdedness in the morning during monitoring hours if you have an appointment with your doctor.
Describe the protocols Glenn Schattman used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
I don't know that protocol Dr. Schattman used but he started me with Estrogen patches (after a positive ovulation using ovulation predictor kit) changing it every 2 days, till the 4th patch and getting my period. He then gave me letrozole for 5 days together with follistim/gonal-f and menopur. After a few days on those (I forgot exactly), I needed to get ganirelix to prevent "maturing" of my eggs. I had 1-2 that is growing faster than the rest. Then they gave me a Lupron trigger prior to egg retrieval. I have about 24 eggs retrieved with 3 embryos making it to freezing. I had one blastocyst transferred in October 2018 but failed and 2 morulas in April 2018 which also failed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Jen)
My primary nurse at Weill Cornell is very knowledgeable about fertility treatments. Although I had difficulty communicating with them. I feel that since they have many patients, sometimes they could loose their "patience". They would always return your phone call but you most times have to leave a message in an answering machine and waiting for their phone call. I also feel that sometimes, they are rushed when you are in the phone with them or in person. This infertility journey is as stressful as it could be and we need someone from our team to be there for us to help us get through his journey. I remember one time during in this clinic during monitoring, the doctor (not my primary doctor) told me to give ganirelix since some of my eggs are growing faster than the rest. I thought she would repeat the instructions before leaving. I didn't ask again, I thought I could just ask a nurse. I went and asked for a nurse but the nurse (not my primary nurse) told me, if the doctor told you to do it, do it; "nothing yet is written in your file so I don't know what the doctor said". I left and cried but went back to the doctor that did the monitoring. This could have been avoided if the nurse just had asked the doctor what was said! As a nurse myself, I try to bridge that gap between the patient & the doctor. If something was not clear to the patient, I will make sure and even take "strides" to ask the doctor about the plan of care. I also feel that they could have an email sent to patients for "instructions" during monitoring as to avoid confusions.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Strengths: clinic physically is clean and spacious. They have a separate area for doctor's appointment and during "monitoring hours". During monitoring hours, They also have a "card" system where you just swipe your card and let them know you have arrived. You don't have to fall in line to "register". The egg retrieval and embryo transfer are done in a hospital setting. What I also like it that they have a "pre-op" class prior to the egg retrieval, they check your labs, vitals". Weakness: Speaking to billing might not be private. Clinic could get crowded during the monitoring hours. Some receptionist in the front could be more friendlier.
Weill Cornell's monitoring hours was from 6:30 am-8 am so it was convenient for me. I will still be late for work since I start 7 am but I will just have to come to the clinic at 6:30 or earlier. It is a well oiled machined will lots of people taking blood so we move quickly. Dr. Schattman will also try to see me during monitoring hours for the ultrasounds which I liked since it also gives me opportunity to ask him questions.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Glenn Schattman at Weill Cornell Medical College.
for regular appointments with Dr. Schattman, I only paid my copay with my insurance. For IVF cycle, please be advised that this clinic might be more expensive that the others. their IVF cycle for 1 fresh transfer: 10,500 for any frozen embryo transfer: $ 4,260 ICSI: $ 2, 630 Cryopreservation: $ 1,050 (storage $ 262. 50/quarterly); 1st 6 months waived Anesthesia fee varies if your insurance covers it but they have a facility fee $ 1005.84 during the day of egg retrieval which is an additional expense.
Describe Glenn Schattman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Weill Cornell Reproductive team has a sheet where you can put it who many embryos to transfer. The recommend embryo transfer for my age was only 1 but my second transfer since the embryos are in the morula stage, Dr. Schattman decided two embryos transfer but it also failed.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College.
I submitted a consent form to my nurse but as we approach the cycle, I was told that they didn't have the consent form. Could thing is I made a copy of it and just resend it (I had to resend it twice though). Although, the nurse told me about the results and that the doctor would call me back to discuss it further - no phone call made by the doctor.
+ Read more- Read less

she [Dr. Kang] thought our previous clinic overstimulated us and she was confident we could have more success with less aggressive medication regimens to stimulate eggs. The first cycle we had 4 embryos, but only 1 was viable on testing. The second cycle was cancelled. However, when we met with her for the next cycle to discuss the treatment plan, she was much colder. We stated that due to insurance, this is our last cycle and we want to optimize it. She looked at us and said, "well we go into all of our treatment cycles thinking that."
Most times the wait [at Weill Cornell] is over an hour, though recently it has been under 15 minutes. Basically very variable...Unnecessary hoops for "veteran IVFer's" to jump through, like their IVF class, retrieval class in the city, etc. Its like they have unrealistic expectations on the amount of time their demands waste on the patients lives. For instance, a trigger shot may be administered at 12 midnight, then they expect the patient to come into the city for a 6am class - regardless of where you live so you may be coming from hours away, need to drive (awful parking) or take a train (horrible schedule at that time). Meaning you get 1 hour of sleep and they just tell you to deal with it.
How was your experience with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Kang is sometimes warm and smiley, sometimes no nonsense, sometimes appears not invested. She is by the book (doesn't believe the research supports supplements, acupuncture, etc). I completed 1 egg retrieval, had 1 cancelled cycle, and about to begin another egg retrieval.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Come prepared with questions and research.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
We have done a couple of rounds of IVF retrievals with Dr. Kang. Prior to working with her, we were at RMA for 4 timed intercourse cycles, 3 IUIs, and 3 rounds of IVF. Dr. Kang started by treating us like a human at the beginning of the treatment. During the first cycle she stated that she thought our previous clinic overstimulated us and she was confident we could have more success with less aggressive medication regimens to stimulate eggs. The first cycle we had 4 embryos, but only 1 was viable on testing. The second cycle was cancelled. However, when we met with her for the next cycle to discuss the treatment plan, she was much colder. We stated that due to insurance, this is our last cycle and we want to optimize it. She looked at us and said, "well we go into all of our treatment cycles thinking that." When we asked for advice she wouldn't give us any suggestions and instead said, "Well what do you want to do?" I tried giving ideas based off of treatments I heard of through other support groups, online research, friends such as using Clomid on the male, procedures on myself, etc. She shook her head at all of them and said, "what else are you thinking?" So finally I responded, "Well, you are the professional and this is your area of expertise, I'm only telling you the little research I've done, why don't you give us some ideas based on your knowledge?" She was reluctant to come up with more suggestions but finally agreed to do a check up and after some time came up with a plan. I felt discouraged like I had to do the work on my own. Also felt as though she was not invested in our treatment after hearing we were running out of funds in our insurance plan.
Describe the protocols Hey-Joo Kang used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
1. Egg retrieval using an estrogen priming protocol (20 retrieved, 11 mature, 8 fertilized, 4 blastocysts, PGS testing 1 normal). 2. Same protocol for round 2, cycle cancelled due to poor response. 3. Will begin shortly, estrogen priming with microdose lupron flare to see if it controls eggs better.
Overall, its hit or miss. Seems like they are usually in a rush to call or se the next patient and its hard to stop them to ask questions.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Weaknesses: The billing team and clinic are very separate and they don't communicate with one another. Unnecessary hoops for "veteran IVFer's" to jump through, like their IVF class, retrieval class in the city, etc. Its like they have unrealistic expectations on the amount of time their demands waste on the patients lives. For instance, a trigger shot may be administered at 12 midnight, then they expect the patient to come into the city for a 6am class - regardless of where you live so you may be coming from hours away, need to drive (awful parking) or take a train (horrible schedule at that time). Meaning you get 1 hour of sleep and they just tell you to deal with it.
Most times the wait is over an hour, though recently it has been under 15 minutes. Basically very variable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Insurance covered but responsible for many copays, some medications.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College.
During the first retrieval, they changed the trigger and didn't explain why. It was after hours so I couldn't get in touch with my doctor and they were annoyed I was requesting more information about this. Also, the billing team expects patients to do all the pre-authorizations for them (my previous clinic did all this work for you). Then when medications change, they don't explain if they don't have pre-auth for it. You're expected to keep track of all of that. If you don't have strong knowledge in billing, etc. then good luck figuring it out. Also, through my insurance this clinic is considered a "center of excellence", which means no copays etc. However, they will send their tests etc to the hospital, which is out of network. So you have to constantly fight about billing. At the previous clinic I was at, no matter what was done and sent to external labs etc, you weren't responsible for even a penny. It shows the difference in the billing teams and their investment in helping their patients. then, to top it all of, you'll get mailings every few weeks asking for donations to their hospital for their "top notch care" they gave you....
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College.

Dr. Davis was a strong proponent of fresh day 3 transfers, and one time we transferred 4 of them, which made me pretty nervous. ... I went to Dr. Davis because of his reputation as a researcher, which is impeccable. However, he has so many patients that our interactions were very brief. By my third cycle I felt like he had lost interest in my case. During my fourth cycle - a protocol that I requested - I neither saw nor spoke to him once.
Cornell has a research profile and reputation that is nearly unmatched, as far as I can tell. ... But I experienced it as a large, impersonal practice, which very little investment in whether or not I personally had a successful outcome. ... I was in excruciating pain for 24 hours after each retrieval, and did not feel that the clinic took my pain seriously until my final cycle, and that was after speaking with four different people.
How was your experience with Owen Davis at Weill Cornell Medical College?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Owen Davis at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Go prepared to ask a lot of questions, and do not expect hand holding. I thought I didn't need personalized attention if I was seeing someone with incredible research chops, but discovered that this is a more emotional process than I realized.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Owen Davis at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Cornell is a large cattle-call practice. I was monitored by a different attending almost every time. I didn't have a consistent nurse. I felt like my treatment plans were by the numbers, rather than tailored to me specifically, and I had real problems with pain management after egg retrieval. Over two years, they never even pronounced my name correctly. It wasn't great.
Describe the protocols Owen Davis used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
3 IUI with Clomid, no success. One IVF cycle with estrogen priming and high doses of Follistim and Menopur, canceled due to nonresponse. One IVF cycle with estrogen priming, Clomid, and low doses of Follistim and Menopur, resulting in 3 day 3 fresh embryos transferred, no success. One IVF with estrogen priming, Clomid, low doses of Follistim and Menopur, plus endometrial co-culture, which was painful and not covered by insurance, 4 day 3 fresh embryos transferred, no success. One IVF with estrogen priming and Lupron flare (my request), 2 day 3 fresh embryos transferred, no success.
I had a different nurse every time, so it's hard to say. Once I had to request a different phlebotomist because she was having so much trouble taking my blood. Honestly, my experience with them wasn't great.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Cornell has a research profile and reputation that is nearly unmatched, as far as I can tell. And I know colleagues who have found success there. But I experienced it as a large, impersonal practice, which very little investment in whether or not I personally had a successful outcome. At the beginning of this process I thought I didn't need compassionate care if the research chops were there, but over time and repeated failures my needs changed, and I completed treatment elsewhere.
It was a cattle call with a line around the corner. I regularly waited at least an hour, and once was forgotten in an examining room waiting for an ultrasound.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Owen Davis at Weill Cornell Medical College.
I had insurance coverage. My out of pocket expenses were $1000 for endometrial co-culture, several trigger shots, and misc.
Describe Owen Davis's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Dr. Davis was a strong proponent of fresh day 3 transfers, and one time we transferred 4 of them, which made me pretty nervous. He felt that embryos had a better chance of success in a woman's body than in a petri dish. I ultimately had success with a fresh day 3 transfer with another doctor.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College.
I had a real problem with pain management after egg retrieval. I gather that my body is unusually sensitive, as most people don't experience this level, but I was in excruciating pain for 24 hours after each retrieval, and did not feel that the clinic took my pain seriously until my final cycle, and that was after speaking with four different people.
Owen Davis
+ Read more- Read less

front-desk staff [at Weill Cornell Medical College] are the nicest and sweetest team members. They remember your name, ask how you're doing, and are always on top of everything...[the nurse] replied very timely to emails...Monitoring appointments were very efficient...The office seems newer with state-of-the-art equipment and the most friendly staff. His staff are extremely helpful, especially if you need support dealing with prior-auths and insurance - they stepped in and before I knew it everything was handled.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is like no other. We traveled from Pennsylvania to New York and it was all worth it. From the moment we had our initial consultation with him he gave us hope and made us feel like he truly cared. I have not had an easy journey with fertility - 2 natural pregnancies both ending in miscarriages, being told by a previous RE my lining was too thin and so never even getting to a transfer attempt, retained products of conception after a D&C by my OB. But Dr. Reichman never gave up. I remember starting my IVF cycle with him in March 2018 and during a saline sonogram is when he discovered I had retained products of conception and told me he would have to go in and do surgery after I completed the IVF cycle and retrieval. I started crying in the exam room. Dr. Reichman was extremely comforting, telling me "I am in your corner," letting me know that he would take care of me during the surgery as I was worried about my lining, and that together we would get through this and meet our end goal of having a baby. He is an extremely compassionate and caring physician, but he is also a realist - he is very straightforward with what he thinks. This is a quality my husband and I appreciated; we wanted someone who would be direct and honest. Dr. Reichman is always thinking about what is best for his patients; he individualizes every plan of care to each of his patients.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. He answers every single one of them without making you feel rushed or that it's a silly question.
Dr. Reichman is an extremely personable physician. He makes his patients feel like they matter. He takes time at every appointment with you, answers every question you have, and does not make you feel rushed. There were a couple times he suggested we set an appointment for a "strategy meeting" - his words - which we loved. He knows every detail about his patients. He remembers everything, even asking about how our trip to Chicago was when we had a follow-up appointment with him. His front-desk staff are the nicest and sweetest team members. They remember your name, ask how you're doing, and are always on top of everything.
I was on Gonal-F, Menopur, and Cetrotide, with an HCG trigger shot before the egg retrieval. I can't remember the exact dosages but he had me on a low dose of Gonal-F. I only had 5 antral follicles. We retrieved 5 eggs, all 5 fertilized, 3 made it to PGS testing and all 3 were PGS normal! We did not expect this and were thrilled, as my last miscarriage was confirmed due to chromosome issues.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Hannah)
My primary nurse that I communicated with was Hannah. She always showed compassion during every interaction or phone call. She answered every question and made sure you understood your directions and next steps before hanging up the phone. Even when meeting in person about something Hannah never rushed you and was very thorough in her care and explanations. She also replied very timely to emails.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Weill Cornell Reproductive Medicine is a top center for infertility. As I said we traveled from PA to NY to be a patient and it was worth it in every way. I only wish we had done this from the beginning instead of wasting a year with a different RE in PA. Dr. Reichman's Tribeca office is absolutely wonderful. The office seems newer with state-of-the-art equipment and the most friendly staff. His staff are extremely helpful, especially if you need support dealing with prior-auths and insurance - they stepped in and before I knew it everything was handled.
Monitoring appointments were very efficient. You have a window of time they do "morning monitoring" and you don't have to wait very long once you arrive. Once you are pregnant, the 2-3 ultrasounds you have to have are via appointment after monitoring hours.
I was lucky as my insurance covered IVF 100%; the cost of the medications were mostly covered as well. We did pay a few hundred dollars though for some genetic testing and other blood work to be done as I had two previous miscarriages.
From my experience, I believe Dr. Reichman prefers single embryo transfer.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
He [Dr. Reichman] can be blunt with the reality of things, but he does care about you getting success and knows his stuff. If you want someone with a super compassionate bedside manner he may not be the one for you, but he certainly takes his work seriously and is always positive yet realistic. If you are paying out of pocket, he also understands the great cost of IVF and takes that into account when recommending next steps, which I really appreciate.
In the Tribeca office [of Weill Cornell Medical College] it is a very pleasant experience even when crowded -- and it's never that bad. I don't think I have waited longer than 30 min to be seen and sometimes i get seen within 10 min...Approx 10K for egg retrieval (all monitoring included)...The Tribeca location is fantastic. It is calm, comfortable, and all new...The nurses are all very nice. It's so much better than the UES location! The receptionists are also very nice and helpful
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I came to Dr. Reichman from another doctor only because my insurance changed and it now covers IVF and the other place I was going doesn't take my insurance. Dr. Reichman agreed with the assessment of my other doctor (age-related infertility). Although I feel I got more compassionate "bedside manner" from the first doctor, I appreciate that I see Dr. Reichman for every monitoring visit (at the Tribeca Office). He may take a day or so to email back, but he always always responds to email. His answers are short but to the point. He's gives it to you straight so you have to be able to take that, but I have no doubt he knows that he's talking about! I feel I am in good hands for sure.
He can be blunt with the reality of things, but he does care about you getting success and knows his stuff. If you want someone with a super compassionate bedside manner he may not be the one for you, but he certainly takes his work seriously and is always positive yet realistic. If you are paying out of pocket, he also understands the great cost of IVF and takes that into account when recommending next steps, which I really appreciate.
Dr. Reichman sees me every visit (unless it is a weekend or he is off for a holiday), which I appreciate. He always seems to consider my case and our next steps carefully. He doesn't have the warmest bedside manner, and doesn't seem to plug into the emotional toll this takes, but he does lay out the numbers and realities and stays positive.
2 stimulation cycles. Both times mostly 150 menapure, 300 gonal f, then leuprolide added in. Egg retrieval and fertilization with ICSI using fresh sample. Waited the 5 days to see which embryos survived and did genetic testing on those that did. Cycle 1 - 10 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 4 embryos genetically tested, 1 recommended for transfer. Cycle 2 - 7 eggs retrieved, 6 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 genetically tested - awaiting results. Still have not yet done an embryo transfer.
Dr. Riechman's main nurse is fantastic. She always answers my questions and when I wanted to order fewer meds since i had to pay OOP as I hit my insurance limit, she worked with me on ordering just what was necessary. She's a pleasure every time I speak with her. Any other nurses that cover for her are also great.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The Tribeca location is fantastic. It is calm, comfortable, and all new. It can get a little crowded during monitory hours but never too bad and they are really organized. The nurses are all very nice. It's so much better than the UES location! The receptionists are also very nice and helpful
In the Tribeca office it is a very pleasant experience even when crowded -- and it's never that bad. I don't think I have waited longer than 30 min to be seen and sometimes i get seen within 10 min.
My insurance paid for up to 40K of my expenses. After I hit my limit, I have to pay OOP. Approx 10K for egg retrieval (all monitoring included), 1K for ICSI fertilization, 4K for PGD/PGS testing. 1K hospital fee. Not sure what frozen embryo transfer will cost. Meds were covered by insurance but i think it cost 10K
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Spandorfer was pleasant during our consult and took an extensive history for both my partner and I. He acknowledged the emotional toll infertility takes on a woman and highlighted the psychological/counseling resources that are available at the clinic....looking back I feel that Dr. Spandorfer could have been more specific and blunt about my chances of success doing IVF and using my own eggs. At no point would he give us an estimated chance at success given my young age and diagnosis.
This [Weill Cornell] is an extremely busy practice and while it is run as efficiently as possible, I found the experience to lack personal attention. The front desk employees are not overly friendly. The doctors handing ultrasounds for follicle growth always seemed to be in a rush and I would need to ask questions quickly to get an answer before they left the room for the next patient. I never had a dedicated nurse assigned to my case while I was a patient.
How was your experience with Steven Spandorfer at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Spandorfer was pleasant during our consult and took an extensive history for both my partner and I. He acknowledged the emotional toll infertility takes on a woman and highlighted the psychological/counseling resources that are available at the clinic. While I had a basic understanding of my diagnosis from doing research on my own prior to my first consult (my OBGYN had completed basic hormone level testing which indicated severe diminished ovarian reserve and high FSH and referred me to the clinic), looking back I feel that Dr. Spandorfer could have been more specific and blunt about my chances of success doing IVF and using my own eggs. At no point would he give us an estimated chance at success given my young age and diagnosis. He explained that while I would likely only produce 2-4 eggs per retrieval, there was a good chance that due to my young age, there was a chance I could produce a good quality egg within that cycle. As we progressed with treatment and moved on to second and third rounds of IVF, I often found that he would present options (ex: medication protocols) and I would be left to make the decision on which path to choose. I would have preferred the doctor to have more conviction and state "we should go with XX option given this will give you your best shot". I received a lot of "well we just don't know..." in my time with this doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Steven Spandorfer at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Be your own advocate. Do your research and be well prepared for your consult and appointments. You will need to speak up for yourself and not be afraid to ask questions about your plan of treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Steven Spandorfer at Weill Cornell Medical College?
This is an extremely busy practice and while it is run as efficiently as possible, I found the experience to lack personal attention. The front desk employees are not overly friendly. The doctors handing ultrasounds for follicle growth always seemed to be in a rush and I would need to ask questions quickly to get an answer before they left the room for the next patient. I never had a dedicated nurse assigned to my case while I was a patient. Every call would be from a different individual which made it difficult if I had questions on my treatment....there was no consistency. For my egg retrieval and transfer at the hospital, it was one big waiting game. The room was full of patients and you were filed into the operating room one after the next. The process was quite long and there was a lot of down time while waiting your turn.
Describe the protocols Steven Spandorfer used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
Cycle 1: estrogen priming/antagonist protocol- 300 units Gonal F and 150 units Menopur; eggs retrieved: 3 Cycle 2: low dose medication protcol with clomid-&gt; (150 units Gonal F and 75 units Menopur; meds were eventually bumped up due to lack of response) we tried this approach given my body will never produce a large amount of follicles and I had been told by other parties that this is a good approach for poor responders/diminished ovarian reserve patients. This protocol unfortunately did not work at all and I was left stimming for approx. 18 days without any follicles growing past 10mm and cycle was then cancelled. Cycle 3: returned to original protocol- estrogen priming/antagonist protocol- 300 units Gonal F and 150 units Menopur; eggs retrieved: 1
This is an area that could be greatly improved upon. There should be consistency in the person you speak to during an IVF cycle. I felt like I needed to give color on my case or background information given I was always speaking to a new person. For my first failed transfer, the lack of compassion I received from the nurse who called to tell me my test was negative was very upsetting. There was no emotion or feeling of empathy as she spoke to me and the call last all of 2 minutes. At times nurses had attitudes and made you feel like you were bothering them if you called with a question. You would always have to leave a voicemail and someone would eventually call you back.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The reputation for this clinic is extremely strong in the NYC area. I know many people who have gone to this clinic and had success. I feel like if you have a more common issue or case and can follow standard protocols, you'll be good. The lab is also supposed to have a great reputation and rates of success. I felt like everyone was competent and I was in good hands but often felt like I was being shuffled along due to the amount of patients.
The clinic has the flow down for monitoring appointments and is run efficiently however, there can be long waits due to the number of patients if you decide to go at "peak time". It is best to go when monitoring hours open or if it works for you, to their Tribeca office.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Spandorfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
From what I recall, an IVF cycle with ICSI was approximately $20K.
Describe Steven Spandorfer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
For my first transfer, we transferred two embryos. The doctor gave me the choice if I wanted to transfer 1 or 2 embryos. He and the doctor performing the embryo transfer explained that there was an increased chance of twins by transferring 2 embryos.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Steven Spandorfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.

2 IUI, 8 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
i came to him [Dr. Davis] because i was told he would do day 2 or 3 freezing and fresh transfers if desired and appropriate. ... We had one initial converastion to make a plan. It was extended and I never felt rushed. ... I told him I thought I had been way overmedicated in my previous cycle and he listened and dosed lower as a result. We ended up having a very solid outcome of that cycle with 10 to freeze. Ultimately the one pgs normal was in that group but it ended up not taking in transfer.
100% a cattle call. ... there were literally 75- 100 people waiting to be seen. ... You check in with a swipe card. ... When you get called in you will see random blood draw person- i swear I never saw teh same person twice. ... I hated that I literally never saw Dr. Davis and they drs doing the scans were so clearly like- whatever- about their job. ... you are called by name and given scribs to change into they put the IV in your arm. And then you are put in a waiting room with all the same women AND their partners, parents etc..
2 IUI, 8 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Owen Davis at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Davis was the 4th fertility doc on my long list. i came to him because i was told he would do day 2 or 3 freezing and fresh transfers if desired and appropriate. This was the first time that those options had been offered to me and given the fact that i cannot get an embryo to day 5 in a dish this was comforting. We had one initial converastion to make a plan. It was extended and I never felt rushed. I asked him about the reason that nothign ever made it to day 5 in the dish and he said probably egg quality but not necessarily. He is not didactic in his approach to treatment and has been doing this long enough to remember the days before automatically pushing to day 5 blasts and pgs was the norm. We ultimately decided on a freeze all cycle with the plan to do another cycle immediately following which I ended up not doing because I hated the clinic so much. I told him I thought I had been way overmedicated in my previous cycle and he listened and dosed lower as a result. We ended up having a very solid outcome of that cycle with 10 to freeze. Ultimately the one pgs normal was in that group but it ended up not taking in transfer.
Be aware that you will probably never see him in person again after your initial consult. He was available by phone as was consistent in returning phone calls and I never felt rushed in our conversations.
Dr. Davis is a very nice person. He was very patient and available on the phone and reassuring. I absolutely hated the clinic and that was the reason I only did 1 cycle there. But I liked him as a Dr and respected his approach.
It was lose dose- i think it was 25 clomid on cycle days 3-7 and then 125 follistim. He likes double ganirelix on theses low dose cycles, but I thouht it may have been over-suppressive so i actually just did one and a half ganirelix instead of 2X a day.
I remember Dr. Davis's manager a lot more than his nursing staff. His office manager was excellent. The way that Cornell organizes their clinic make me so aggravated that I honestly don't think I had a main nurse. You literally never see teh same person twice- nurse or even phlebotomist. They were all.... fine. It really is truly a factory so the nurses respond to the culture that they are a part of and have no power to change.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Let me start by saying that I hated pretty much everything about the way this clinic is run. it is impersonal. It is a factory but not a well oiled machine. All REs love to talk about how their labs are teh best. Literally every single RE will tell you they have the best lab. And while there are some labs that may be better than others in some ways, for the most part i think it's negligible once you get past a certain threshold of care. So I think Cornell hides behind "we have the best lab" argument to avoid actually providing quality continuity of care. The waiting room holds 100 people. You check in with a swipe card. It is incredibely impersonal. They do not run on time. When you get called in you will see random blood draw person- i swear I never saw teh same person twice. Then you will be assigned a room and random young dr will do your scan. I seriously had to ask a few of tehm if they were med students or not becuase tehy looked so young, and again, I never saw teh same person twice. This is a problem becuase everyone measures follicles differently and you are relying on their measurements being given to your dr to decide on what next steps are needed. So if you are deciding when to trigger and someone measures either generously or conservatively it can actually have a major impact on your outcome. I hated that I literally never saw Dr. Davis and they drs doing the scans were so clearly like- whatever- about their job. It is a factory. I also really, really have a major issue with how they handle retrievals. First of all, EVERYONE is required to come to a 6am class and sort of group blood work the day before your retrieval even if you have already done multiple retrievals. They come out with a clipboard and the order that your name goes on teh clipboard is the order that you are seen. So you sit around a conference table with all the women who are being retrieved the next day. Too bad about HIPPA and expectations of privacy- there are NONE. You could end up sitting there with your boss, or your sister in law, or your hairdresser. I actually can;t believe it's legal. Then they call yuo back one at a time to do blood and sign forms. I then refused to stay for the class ofw hat to expect becuase this was going to be by 4th or 5th retrieval which I told them. The nurses were not nice about it all and threatened to cancel my cycle if I messed up anything. I was like- you are handing me a piece of paper with the extensive instructions of what to do. i can read and I will follow them . And then I left. Then the next day I showed up at 6am again- for a 10am retrieval- which is just obnoxious. Then again, you are called by name and given scribs to change into they put the IV in your arm. And then you are put in a waiting room with all the same women AND their partners, parents etc... in scrubs... with an IV sticking in your arm. And you wait. Again. And then they call you by name in groups of 3 and take you to a tiny waiting room. There one at a time the anethesiologist pulls you into the hallway (i swear) to have a private converastion about any anethesia you may have. I had 2 very lovely girls I was sitting with and we kinda chatted a bit but honestly, what if you don't really want to be in scrubs with strangers having a convo right before your retrieval? Then they take you one at a time and you see whoever is on call for retrievals that day- you may or may not have ever met them. Then you go to recovery. They wake you up with mandatory pain pills and send you on your merry way. They do tell you how many eggs were retrieved and thats it. Having had a a fair amount of clinic experiences by the time I got there I had a lot of comparisons to other clinics and this model is by a loooong shot, my least favorite. I ended up moving my 10 frozen 2PNs to another clinic because I refused to ever cycle with them again.
100% a cattle call. See above. I walked in one saturday and there were literally 75- 100 people waiting to be seen. It is the worst model for monitoring.
I paid OOP for this whole cycle. I think it was around 20k?
Owen Davis
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Owen Davis at Weill Cornell Medical College.

2019 - 2020
I am currently 7 weeks pregnant with twins. Dr. Reichman walked us through the IUI process with clear details. He is very professional while also having an approachable and friendly beside manner. He was even able to help us given all the uncertainty with the COVID-19 pandemic. We are thrilled to be pregnant after trying naturally for 2 years...The weekend before the IUI I had three follicles, which worried Dr. Reichman. We decided to check one more time that following Monday to see if any of the follicles would recede, and in fact that did happen (2 larger follicles and 1 small follicle). He explained that we had a 1% chance triplets and 8% chance of twins. Given that my husband and I are not opposed to having twins, we decided to move forward with the IUI. I got the trigger shot that day and then had the IUI scheduled the following day. 2 weeks later we found out we were pregnant, and about a week after that confirmed it was twins!
We did an induced cycle IUI with 50 mg of Clomid for 5 days [at Weill Cornell Medical College]. Dr. Reichman carefully monitored my ovulation cycle...[the nurses were] Professional, efficient, timely, and very helpful. An amazing team of healthcare professionals...The clinic is run very smoothly and professionally. All parts of my treatment plan were clearly explained to me. All test results were clearly explained. They helped with insurance matters. Also, they treated the COVID-19 pandemic with utmost care (check in with nurse before entering office, mandatory face masks, etc). I appreciated this very much.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Make sure to take notes early on, especially regarding insurance. Things can get very complicated!
Dr. Reichman gave us personalized care every step of the way of our treatment. He clearly explained what our treatment plan was and his office was amazingly helpful with the insurance handling.
We did an induced cycle IUI with 50 mg of Clomid for 5 days. Dr. Reichman carefully monitored my ovulation cycle. The weekend before the IUI I had three follicles, which worried Dr. Reichman. We decided to check one more time that following Monday to see if any of the follicles would recede, and in fact that did happen (2 larger follicles and 1 small follicle). He explained that we had a 1% chance triplets and 8% chance of twins. Given that my husband and I are not opposed to having twins, we decided to move forward with the IUI. I got the trigger shot that day and then had the IUI scheduled the following day. 2 weeks later we found out we were pregnant, and about a week after that confirmed it was twins!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
With our induced cycle IUI, I would estimate the total cost (with Oxford United insurance) to be about $2000 - $3000. This includes several in- office ultrasounds.

2018 - 2020
Dr. Rosenwaks is a brilliant and compassionate doctor. As a pioneer of IVF his knowledge is unparalleled. He thinks on a whole other level. He is extremely busy and was not always able to see me for visits but he was sure to call when necessary and was always the one making the decisions about my care. He doesn't emote much during appointments, he is very practical/realistic and pragmatic. However, you can feel his connection and passion regardless....The doctor used estrogen patching to help lower my FSH and stimulate follicular activity. This was something other doctors had not tried.
The clinic [Weill Cornell] has a very high reputation to uphold and so they run things very efficiently, no boxes left unchecked. It's clean and comfortable. It's seamless to be seen at other offices/locations as needed. Weaknesses include the fact that it's a large practice that outside of your doctor visits makes you feel entirely like a number. There can be hundreds of women monitoring on a given Saturday morning . It's not always easy to get in touch with the office, as you sometimes have to through leaving multiple messages before you hear back. But once again, they're stellar practitioners and you feel like you can trust anyone there.
How was your experience with Zev Rosenwaks at Weill Cornell Medical College?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Zev Rosenwaks at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Trust him wholeheartedly. He will do what's best and give it his all. Try not to be put off by his busy schedule or quick/neutral interactions during monitoring visits - he has your best interests in mind and is fully committed.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Zev Rosenwaks at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Rosenwaks was always aware of where I was in each cycle, what recommendations he had made previously and what direction he wanted to go moving forward. He rarely had to look at my chart. As a patient of his you get the feeling that he's really in it with you.
Describe the protocols Zev Rosenwaks used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
The doctor used estrogen patching to help lower my FSH and stimulate follicular activity. This was something other doctors had not tried. He also watched the results of each cycle very closely and was calculated in when he triggered me - changing the levels and times to trigger me earlier as he discovered my egg quality decreased if we waited too long. This new timing resulted in pregnancies (albeit all subsequent miscarriages).
There are a lot of nurses and staff so it wasn't easy to keep track of who specifically was on top of my case or who I should be specifically make contact or connections with. The nurses were all very knowledgeable and supportive but it always felt like starting from square one when speaking with different nurses.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic has a very high reputation to uphold and so they run things very efficiently, no boxes left unchecked. It's clean and comfortable. It's seamless to be seen at other offices/locations as needed. Weaknesses include the fact that it's a large practice that outside of your doctor visits makes you feel entirely like a number. There can be hundreds of women monitoring on a given Saturday morning . It's not always easy to get in touch with the office, as you sometimes have to through leaving multiple messages before you hear back. But once again, they're stellar practitioners and you feel like you can trust anyone there.
You can go in for monitoring between 6:30-8:30 or 7-9, it was crowded but mostly run like a well oiled machine. I recommend going as early as possible for as short of a wait as possible.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Zev Rosenwaks at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Costs are comparable to all other clinics, I can't quote specifics.
Describe Zev Rosenwaks's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Zev Rosenwaks at Weill Cornell Medical College.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
Dr. Rosenwaks is incredibly thorough and looks at every detail of your medical history and asks very specific questions to best understand your case. ... Dr. Rosenwaks informed us from the beginning that I may not get very many eggs from the retrieval because of low AMH/ high FSH levels, indicative of somewhat diminished ovarian reserve. ... He has always made me and my husband feel our case was important to him, and that he had high hopes and reasonable expectations we would be able to have the family we hoped for.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
How was your experience with Zev Rosenwaks at Weill Cornell Medical College?
For being one of the top experts in the field of fertility, you can understand once you meet him for the first time why that is. He has always made me and my husband feel our case was important to him, and that he had high hopes and reasonable expectations we would be able to have the family we hoped for. Our situation is unique compared to some others as we live in Georgia and chose to first see him for a second opinion until ultimately deciding he was the best doctor for our fertility journey despite the distance. He wanted to try an IUI first given my age (under 35) and once we returned to Georgia after the procedure, I had a very rare reaction. I ended up in the hospital for 5 days with what was later determined to be endometritis, or uterine infection. Despite being so far away from Dr. Rosenwaks, he and his team of fellows were on top of my case, in close contact with my local OB/GYN who was administering my care. Once I was well enough to travel back to NY, he had me come in on a Sunday and had doctors there to see me to ensure my continued recovery. He also sent me to other top notch specialists when there were still concerns with my health that were somewhat out of his wheelhouse. The infection did delay our treatment for a few months but I could not have imagined going through what I went through under anyone else’s care. We had other bumps in the road, having to delay our first IVF cycle in Jan. 2020 because of elevated FSH levels. Luckily we were able to start in February, and despite some severe cramping as a result of stimulation, I did get pregnant. Unfortunately, the pregnancy showed a low fetal heartbeat at 7 weeks and ended in miscarriage by 8 weeks. It was devastating, and still is, but Dr. Rosenwaks has truly been here for us, calling to check in on me and giving me as much information as possible about a plan moving forward despite the current COVID-19 crisis.
Dr. Rosenwaks is very matter-of-fact about plans and fertility protocols. But he will answer any question you have. Do not hesitate to ask anything you have questions about, or his opinion on something you heard or read. He will be honest about his thoughts. Even though he no longer performs procedures himself, he is the director of the clinic and has put together an incredible staff of doctors, nurses and fellows who have an incredibly high standard to achieve in working with him.
Dr. Rosenwaks is incredibly thorough and looks at every detail of your medical history and asks very specific questions to best understand your case. His entire staff of colleagues, Nurse’s and administrators are truly the best and are a firsthand extension of his dedication and care.
Dr. Rosenwaks informed us from the beginning that I may not get very many eggs from the retrieval because of low AMH/ high FSH levels, indicative of somewhat diminished ovarian reserve. I had a day 2 start after being on estrogen patches to suppress my eggs from having ones grow faster than the others because of my high FSH. I stimulated for 12 days on Follistim 300 units, Ganirelix cycle days 9 to 13, HCG trigger 10,000 units day 14. My egg retrieval yielded 4 mature eggs, ICSI, resulting in 3 day 5 blastocyst embryos. We transferred 1 and achieved positive pregnancy test. I was also taking intramuscular progesterone injections until miscarriage.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Katia Cosse)
Katia, Dr. Rosenwaks’ nurse practitioner is without question, an exceptional human. She is truly Dr. Rosenwaks right hand person, and on top of all of his cases. She is compassionate, professional, and caring all at once. She answers every hard question, calls back when she gets the answers from Dr. Rosenwaks that she needs, and is incredible at explaining anything clearly and concusses with patience and understanding of what you are going through, even if she hasn’t experienced it firsthand. Wally (Waleska) is Dr. Rosenwaks’ office administrator, and is wonderful in every way. She has been with him for a few decades and is the friendly voice you need when you need to make appointments for leave word for Dr. Rosenwaks. Last, I could not be more grateful to Jenny. She is the nurse/ ultrasound technician always on hand for appointments with Dr. Rosenwaks and her positivity and support is everything.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Everything about the clinic medically was incredibly organized. From scheduled appointments, to daily monitoring, it was not often we had to wait very long. I only had once instance in morning monitoring with a doctor doing the ultrasound that I felt was subpar (by only a little) to the others. But all results of morning monitoring and how well I was doing during stimulation was still ultimately in Dr. Rosenwaks’ hands. My greatest grievance with the clinic is how billing is handled. It was ultimately a mess. They tried to tell me multiple times I had 1 IVF cycle covered by insurance. I told them we spoke with my insurance company numerous times and that was not the case. Now we have extensive bills after they submitted through insurance when we should have been considered as a patient paying out of pocket. We are still working on getting this sorted out.
Often times lots of people waiting during morning monitoring hours. Generally didn’t wait more than 20-30 minutes. One side of waiting room is for scheduled doctor appts, other side is for monitoring.
Still working through this, but IUI under our insurance is 50% covered. No IVF or medication coverage, which right now having everything submitted through insurance which we are now receiving the bills for, comes out for about 23k. This does not included staying in an apartment since we live in Georgia.
Dr. Rosenwaks highly prefers single embryo transfer for day 5 blastocysts for women under the age of 35.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
I felt very comfortable with her [Dr. Hey-Joo Kang]. She really is a no nonsense doctor and does not give false hope, yet, gives you all options available...She will give you options from the start and proceed with treatment quickly...Due to my diagnosis of POF, Dr. Kang started me off immediately with trying to level my hormones. She put me on a low-dose 0.05 mg of estradiol to help with hot flashes. I was given thyroid medication 0.05 mg to help my thyroid. I was given progesterone during my first IUI.
Cost for the first IUI was $800 [at Weill Cornell Medical College]...They operate very efficiently. Very organized. The receptionist is a very knowledgeable and helpful. She’s on top of her game when it comes to rescheduling or scheduling an appointment. She knows the medications and works with insurances to give you the best options. It was very pleased with how organized and helpful this establishment was...Nursing staff were all very nice. Very quick and to the point.
How was your experience with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I felt like she was on time, to the point, and really well spoken. I felt very comfortable with her. She really is a no nonsense doctor and does not give false hope, yet, gives you all options available.
She’s very to the point. She does not waste your time. She will give you options from the start and proceed with treatment quickly.
I felt like a human because she was willing to listen to me. She was very straightforward, but very kind. Right before my first IUI, she turned to me and actually said “let’s hope for a miracle.” I felt like that was more than a doctor had to say to a patient. She was kindly letting me know not to get my hopes up too high but was a small chance. This is more than any other doctor has said to me.
Nursing staff were all very nice. Very quick and to the point.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Cost for the first IUI was $800. All medications up to and throughout the first are you why were approximately $200.

2019 - 2020
Dr. Reichman knew my name, he addressed me personally and asked about my partner...He always gave me a strong impression that he was competent and knew what he was doing. He was also very knowledgeable about my infertility issues and remembered details about my ovaries, cysts and current treatment...email him directly. He will respond...Unlike my previous retrieval Dr. Reichman was very careful in the medication treatment protocol. He changed the dosage daily based on results from my blood test. My previous Dr. put me on a standard medication protocol but Dr. Reichman closely monitored the cycle and changed the medication dosage as he saw fit. As a result of the low medication dosage and his close monitoring, I did not hyper-stimulate which I had done before.
Christine [nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College] was professional excellent and compassionate. If I had a question she had an answer. If I had concerns she was able to put me at ease...I liked that the monitoring hours was daily. Some clinics close on Sunday but this clinic is open Monday-Sunday. It can get busy at their Upper East Side Location, but if you don’t want to wait, then you can arrive early and avoid any wait time...The clinic is state of the art. The clinic also has high tech equipment and hires a professional staff. The clinic is also clean and spacious. The clinic can get busy but I never felt like I had to wait too long. I have never waited longer than 30 minutes. If you don’t want to wait then you should get there as soon as the clinic opens.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman was very professional. He responded to all emails promptly, answered all questions in detail and encouraged me to ask questions. When I met him for my consultation appointment he was aware of my previous treatment and was able to give me a preliminary plan on my future treatment. My first appointment with him he looked me in the eye and with confidence told that he could get me pregnant. He always gave me a strong impression that he was competent and knew what he was doing. He was also very knowledgeable about my infertility issues and remembered details about my ovaries, cysts and current treatment.
Trust the process. I had a lot of confidence in Dr. Reichman, but I think it is important for other patients to know that he is on top of everything. Dr. Reichman is very smart, so don’t be intimidated and scared to ask him questions. If you are too nervous to ask him in person than email him directly. He will respond.
I had already undergone 1 retrieval with another doctor, but after 4 transfers we never received a positive pregnancy. Therefore, we underwent an egg retrieval cycle with Dr. Reichman. Unlike my previous retrieval Dr. Reichman was very careful in the medication treatment protocol. He changed the dosage daily based on results from my blood test. My previous Dr. put me on a standard medication protocol but Dr. Reichman closely monitored the cycle and changed the medication dosage as he saw fit. As a result of the low medication dosage and his close monitoring, I did not hyper-stimulate which I had done before.
Christine was professional excellent and compassionate. If I had a question she had an answer. If I had concerns she was able to put me at ease. She was also very organized and detailed oriented. She is truly the best.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Insurance covered most of the charges, but I had to pay 10-12K out of pocket. Most of the costs was because we PGS Test 14 embryos which increased the costs. The clinic can be quite pricey if you do not have insurance that covers the costs. However, we were very lucky but still had to pay for other costs. My insurance did not cover some of the medication and facility costs as well, so I ended up spending 10-12K out of pocket.
I already planned on transferring one so he didn’t have to do any convincing or education on the importance of transferring one.

2019 - 2020
Dr. Reichman has a wonderful bedside manner and is truly a warm and kind individual, who cares about his work and patients. And most importantly, he is a brilliant physician. My husband and I felt like were in good hands as soon as we met him...We felt like we could reach out at anytime and he would respond in a very timely manner to any additional questions or concerns in between office visits via email. He is extremely accessible and a pleasure to work with. My husband and I feel lucky to have had Dr. Reichman as our physician throughout this process. I would highly recommend him! If we could give a higher score then 10, we absolutely would!
With 3 IUI and 1 IVF, the out of pocket cost [at Weill Cornell Medical College] was approximately $40,000. The office was upfront and clear about costs...The Tribeca office was an overall very well-run facility that was clean and well maintained. The support staff (front desk staff, office manager, phlebotomists, and medical assistants) were all kind, patient, and lovely to work with. It helped make the daily / frequent visits less stressful...My primary nurse at Cornell was Christine, who was phenomenal! She was compassionate and caring throughout my treatment. She was extremely helpful and would respond quickly to all our questions and concerns regarding medications, dosages, and anything else that came up! She was extremely reliable and kind and helped make Dr. Reichman's team top-notch!
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
My husband and I can't say enough good things about Dr. Reichman. He is truly an exceptional and talented physician, who is trustworthy, caring, and dedicated to his patients. We felt like we could reach out at anytime and he would respond in a very timely manner to any additional questions or concerns in between office visits via email. He is extremely accessible and a pleasure to work with. My husband and I feel lucky to have had Dr. Reichman as our physician throughout this process. I would highly recommend him! If we could give a higher score then 10, we absolutely would!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Monitoring hours at the Tribeca office were well-run and organized. I often went on the earlier side (i.e. At the beginning of monitoring hours) and there was very little to no wait time. Even on days when I went later in the morning when it was busier, the staff was still very efficient and wait time was kept to a minimum.
My insurance did not cover the cost of treatment, so we had to pay out of pocket. With 3 IUI and 1 IVF, the out of pocket cost was approximately $40,000. The office was upfront and clear about costs.

2019 - 2020
Dr. Reichman made me feel so comfortable and welcome from our very first consultation visit. I am sure he could tell how nervous I was and he continuously put my mind at ease during the initial visit and throughout the entire time he treated me. He remembered details about my personal life as well as everything regarding my specific treatment. For monitoring appointments I saw him for almost every single visit aside from when I had to go to the UES on the weekends (which was only 2 times)...Throughout the IVF process I truly felt like he was on my team and was always concerned about my general well being throughout. After our third miscarriage he clearly explained the pros and cons of starting IVF with genetic testing to prevent another loss and my husband and I were on board because we trusted him to steer us in the right direction. He is extremely smart, funny and has an incredible bed side manner. Even during some of our toughest times, he always put me at ease saying, "we are going to figure this out - don't worry!". I am currently 10 weeks pregnant with my first baby and have Dr. Reichman to thank.
My insurance covered all of IVF [at Weill Cornell Medical College] aside from the genetic testing of embryos which was 7k...The clinic itself is a well oiled machine, everything runs smooth and efficiently. They have never failed to call me with results or instructions on treatment and I have never had to wait for more than 15 minutes for an appointment. The Tribeca office is also so clean and modern...Christine was my primary IVF nurse and I cannot write enough good things about her here. She is absolutely incredible, extremely organized, thorough, timely and so friendly!...
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is the best Doctor I have ever had in any capacity. Throughout the IVF process I truly felt like he was on my team and was always concerned about my general well being throughout. After our third miscarriage he clearly explained the pros and cons of starting IVF with genetic testing to prevent another loss and my husband and I were on board because we trusted him to steer us in the right direction. He is extremely smart, funny and has an incredible bed side manner. Even during some of our toughest times, he always put me at ease saying, "we are going to figure this out - don't worry!". I am currently 10 weeks pregnant with my first baby and have Dr. Reichman to thank.
Trust him and the process - he knows exactly what he is doing.
Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix and then a trigger shot. Progesterone inserts following transfer and until I was 8 1/2 weeks pregnant.
Christine was my primary IVF nurse and I cannot write enough good things about her here. She is absolutely incredible, extremely organized, thorough, timely and so friendly! I honestly have no idea how she stays on top of so many patients and cycles and remembers every detail - I feel like she should be the COO of a fortune 500 company. Everyone on the nursing staff is amazing as well, they are so friendly and helpful - you can really tell everyone loves what they do and where they work.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Monitoring appointments were extremely efficient - as long as you got there before 8 AM you would be in and out within 15 minutes. I hear if you go past 8 AM it can be a bit of a longer wait, so I definitely recommend getting there early.
My insurance covered all of IVF aside from the genetic testing of embryos which was 7k.
Due to my age and embryo quality we decided to do a single embryo transfer, which was successful the first time.

2019 - 2020
The staff at [Cornell] Tribeca was amazing. Clean office, quick to get you into a room and quick to respond to calls and emails. Christine called with daily updates and was always organized, informative and positive...I went uptown for blood tests and for my IUI and Tribeca is honestly a better overall vibe. I live uptown so traveled to go to Dr Reichman and the Tribeca clinic. Its less foot traffic, super clean and new and the staff remembers your name and makes you feel like more than just a number.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Reichman saved me during my fertility journey. When I began trying it became increasingly clear that I would need support from a doctor to get me through mentally. I realized that a fertility doctor is what I needed and after our first meeting with Dr Reichman, we never looked back. He made us feel like a baby was 100 percent possible and that he would be there every step of the way. I am an anxious person and he always made sure to calm me down, explain all the information and express the same common goal. My cycle was very stubborn and tricky and he always made me feel like it would be okay. I needed letrozole to help shorten my cycles. It worked well for two cycles and then it would work for a week and taper off. This was so frustrating. After a few tries we ended up adding in gonal-f which I reacted to quite well. I then got my first IUI and am now about 10 weeks pregnant. Dr Reichman is trustworthy, intelligent and a partner in the process. I highly recommend!
Come prepared with questions to each appointment. Dont be afraid to email if you have something to say.
Dr reichman personally answered every email and called me whenever it was necessary. He took time in every appointment to make sure I had all the facts I needed and felt calm and ready for the next step.
cycle 1: tracked ovulation, timed intercourse, trigger shot cycle 2: letrozole, timed intercourse, trigger shot cycle 3: letrozole, timed intercourse, trigger shot cycle 4: letrozole, timed intercourse, trigger shot cycle 5: letrozole, timed intercourse, trigger shot- chemical pregnancy Cycle 6: letrozole (higher dose), timed intercourse Cycle 7: Letrozole (7.5 for 3 days, 5 for 2 days), 4 days gonal F and IUI - pregnant
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine lu)
The staff at Tribeca was amazing. Clean office, quick to get you into a room and quick to respond to calls and emails. Christine called with daily updates and was always organized, informative and positive.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Tribeca is a great office. I went uptown for blood tests and for my IUI and Tribeca is honestly a better overall vibe. I live uptown so traveled to go to Dr Reichman and the Tribeca clinic. Its less foot traffic, super clean and new and the staff remembers your name and makes you feel like more than just a number.
This was covered by my insurance so I payed a co pay of $60 each time I went.
2019 - 2020
Dr. Reichman knew my history (from another clinic) prior to my first appointment. He clearly had read the records I had sent to their office. In addition, throughout my care with Dr. Reichman he was very accommodating to my busy work schedule...watched my cycle for a month and then we decided to proceed with another retrieval and fresh transfer. Throughout the process he performed every scan. He was extremely responsive to questions via email on days I wasn't going to see him in clinic. Our first embryo transfer with Dr. Reichman was a success and I am now at the end of my first trimester. I can't thank Dr. Reichman enough for his care and compassion throug
The nurse I was assigned [at Weill Cornell Medical College] was easy to communicate with (via phone or email)...During the week I always went to the Tribeca office to see Dr. Reichman for monitoring, so he could be the one performing my ultrasounds and looking at my endometrial lining. On the weekends, I went to the Upper East Side office. Although busier, I never waited more than 10 minutes for blood work and ultraound...While a cycle at Cornell was slightly more expensive than IVF at my previous clinic, it was worth it!
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
My husband and I did one egg retrieval at another clinic in NYC. From that retrieval we had 8 genetically normal embryos. We did two separate embryo transfers, which both failed. My endometrial lining would not grow over 5 mm. They were trying everything from vaginal viagra to estrogen injections. The doctor told me the next step would be surrogacy. I went to Dr. Reichman feeling defeated. At my first appointment with him he spent over an hour reviewing my history and setting expectations. He said I can't tell you I'm not worried, but I'm hopeful. This gave me a glimmer of hope as well. Dr. Reichman watched my cycle for a month and then we decided to proceed with another retrieval and fresh transfer. Throughout the process he performed every scan. He was extremely responsive to questions via email on days I wasn't going to see him in clinic. Our first embryo transfer with Dr. Reichman was a success and I am now at the end of my first trimester. I can't thank Dr. Reichman enough for his care and compassion through this emotionally and physically difficult period. I would recommend Dr. Reichman to ANYONE dealing with infertility.
Trust Dr. Reichman! Ask for explanations for decisions, but don't question his method.
For the egg retrieval we used gonal-F and menopur, adding cetrotide in. Lupro and HCG trigger. For the transfer we used vaginal viagra, estrogen patches and PIO.
The nurse I was assigned was easy to communicate with (via phone or email).
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
There was rarely a long wait during monitoring hours. The clinic staff was professional and efficient. At the other clinic I went to, there was frequently a discrepancy between the plan I had discussed with the doctor and the plan the nurses would tell me. This never happened at Cornell. The entire team was on the same page.
Dr. Reichman strongly recommended we only transfer one embryo, given that this was a fresh transfer and a multiple gestation would increase the risk of OHSS.

2020
Very organized. I... Everyone was extremely efficient and helpful. I preferred the tribeca office because it was much quieter/faster. ... had previously been at RMA and RMA had someone who helped with financial coordination a bit more, but Weill has that as well, however they have you call your insurance and confirm everything personally which took some time. Other than that, zero complaints.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira was incredible to work with and very collaborative. I had done a lot of research on my own and had a lot of questions on DOR (AMH - ~.83) and different supplements/treatment protocols. He let us know what he would recommend, but said we were a team and if there was something we felt strongly about he was very open to incorporating that into our plan (fresh transfer. PGS testing etc). He saw me on every single visit and was always warm and friendly. This was also all during coronavirus and he went above and beyond to try to alleviate our fears and make us comfortable. We were preparing for IVF and had me on an estrogen patch for the last week of my period cycle prior. We also did timed intercourse then (where he monitored ovulation and my levels) and between that and the estrogen patch we managed to get pregnant prior to starting IVF. Given that I had previously had a chemical pregnancy, I was still very nervous once we were pregnant and he monitored all of my levels and provided me with progesterone and estrogen support. I couldn't recommend him more.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Don't be afraid to ask questions - he is very easy to talk to.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira went above and beyond to sit us down and walk us through how everything worked and all of my options for over an hour. He told us that while we were seeing him we were like family and gave us his email address. Any time we sent him any question he responded within a few hours (if not 20 minutes) even though he is extremely busy and no matter how silly the question may have been.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Crystal)
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Very organized. I had previously been at RMA and RMA had someone who helped with financial coordination a bit more, but Weill has that as well, however they have you call your insurance and confirm everything personally which took some time. Other than that, zero complaints.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College.

2019 - 2020
Dr Kang is easily the best doctor I’ve ever been to. She is unbelievably smart, friendly, and professional. She was able to diagnose my issue right away and get me the proper course of action. When I had a failed pregnancy, she diagnosed it early on, was very straightforward about a course of action and gave me no false hope. She helped me move on from that and get me pregnant again Soon after with a healthy pregnancy...Having irregular cycles, I started with a few rounds of clomid with timed inter course. I had 1 success but it was ultimately an early MC due to an implantation issue. She caught it right away. We moved on to IUI with clomid for first round second round (successful) gonal F shots with IUI.
The nursing staff [at Weill Cornell Medical College] was amazing. Test results were given promptly on the same day and they responded to all questions within 30 min of leaving a message...With offices in NYC and garden city it was very convenient...Every office was clean and every staff member was extremely helpful. Every office was able to take on many patients at once, all while giving indivualized care...office staff is unbelievably organized. Diana or a nurse typically called back within 30-60 minutes of leaving a message with even the smallest question. This included days when the office was closed. Test results were always given promptly on the same day and the process of bloodwork and ultrasound was completed quickly no mat
How was your experience with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Kang is easily the best doctor I’ve ever been to. She is unbelievably smart, friendly, and professional. She was able to diagnose my issue right away and get me the proper course of action. When I had a failed pregnancy, she diagnosed it early on, was very straightforward about a course of action and gave me no false hope. She helped me move on from that and get me pregnant again Soon after with a healthy pregnancy. Her office staff is unbelievably organized. Diana or a nurse typically called back within 30-60 minutes of leaving a message with even the smallest question. This included days when the office was closed. Test results were always given promptly on the same day and the process of bloodwork and ultrasound was completed quickly no matter how many people were ahead of me. I can not recommend Dr Kang and this office enough. If you are considering or on the fence 100% absolutely use her!
Just be patient!!!! Not everything will happen in your first round but she knows what she is doing!
Dr Kang is absolutely amazing. She gave results and was straightforward about possible treatment plans and outcomes. She took time to answer questions and explain everything.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Sarah & Amy)
The nursing staff was amazing. Test results were given promptly on the same day and they responded to all questions within 30 min of leaving a message. Dr Kang’s assistant Diana is the most organized and professional person I have ever dealt with. She ensured every prescription was on time. She dealt with insurance no problem, scheduled appointments, and returned frantic phone calls within minutes, even when the office was closed.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Cornell is an amazing practice. With offices in NYC and garden city it was very convenient. Everyone I spoke to or dealt with was amazing. I can not recommend Cornell enough. Every office was clean and every staff member was extremely helpful. Every office was able to take on many patients at once, all while giving indivualized care.
I have great insurance so I only had to pay lab fees and co pays when pregnant.

2019 - 2020
While Weill Cornell is an extremely busy practice, I appreciated the efficiency of my appointments, where I was usually in and out pretty quickly. While the nurses didn't know me personally (they see a TON of patients daily), they were always friendly and warm. I realized I was a "number" but was totally OK with that because I trusted the care of the team and always felt like I was in good hands...For daily monitoring the nurses were friendly and efficient. For my surgeries, the nursing team was extremely warm and compassionate. For IVF specifically, the nurses were warm, knowledgeable, always answered any questions and called me back promptly.
2019 - 2020
I saw Dr. Spandorfer over the course of several months and always felt like I was in very good care with him. He performed two surgeries on me (hysteroscopy & a D&C) and both were seamless with no complications. I also went through two attempts at pregnancy (1 natural IUI and 1 FET) and both resulted in a pregnancy. The IUI ended in a miscarriage and that was because the embryo had abnormal chromosomes (he performed a D&C to remove the embryo and it was tested). I also went through 1 IVF cycle with him and had the embryos tested, and transferred 1 embryo which resulted in pregnancy. Overall, I found Dr. Spandorfer to be extremely knowledgeable, friendly enough, and always made time to answer any questions I had. I always felt comfortable during all my appointments, procedures, and surgeries. When I experienced the miscarriage he expressed genuine compassion. In terms of his style and demeanor, he isn't the type to talk forever and hold your hand. You definitely need to come with the questions you have because he isn't one to divulge or give you too much info unless it's absolutely necessary. You need to be prepared with what you want to know and get clarity on - and ask! Once you do he will give you the information. He is friendly and tried to keep things light - usually cracking a light joke which I found helpful during a process that can be so intense and grueling. I would highly recommend him to anyone who wants an experienced, skilled doctor and doesn't mind that he isn't your best friend during the process.
Come prepared with your questions and ask! I found him to not say too much - only the basics are necessary info - for anything else you need to ask him.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic is definitely a well-run factory but I really loved that. It was super efficient and I appreciated how they were able to see so many patients on a daily basis. It's definitely a great choice for anyone who appreciates efficiency and doesn't necessarily need too much hand-holding.

2019 - 2020
He [Dr. David Reichman] approaches his patient's problems as they are his own... has this unique way of talking to people that makes you feel incredibly important. He listens to your concerns and creates a treatment plan that best suits your case. He makes himself available to you at all times and give precise explanations...he examined me and was confident that I can have a child on my own. He did remove an uterine polyp and the next month I started the IVF stimulation. Now, at age 40, I am two months pregnant and extremely happy. Dr.Reichmen is very professional, incredibly smart, and his scientific knowledge is well applied.
My nurse [at Weill Cornell Medical College] responded to the inquiries I had within the same day. She was excellent!...This is the best clinic and best experience for me. The staff consists of professionals only. Very kind and respectful people. All my questions were answered, all my concerns were addressed. Most of all, they are extremely organized, you know every step you have to take. They create individual plan for you which suits you and your needs. You will never feel alone, abundant, or mistreated.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman made the impossible possible. I had two unsuccessful IVF treatments with RMA of NJ. I was told that will never have a children on my own and need a donor eggs. We also deal with male fertility factor, so our chances to conceive on our own were zero. When I first met Dr.Reichman he examined me and was confident that I can have a child on my own. He did remove an uterine polyp and the next month I started the IVF stimulation. Now, at age 40, I am two months pregnant and extremely happy. Dr.Reichmen is very professional, incredibly smart, and his scientific knowledge is well applied. He is also one of the most honest, humble and kind people I have ever met in my life. Words cannot express our thankfulness. I belive in dr.Reichman and rank him as one of the BEST physicians in the field.
Take him, without a second thought. He approaches his patient's problems as they are his own.
Dr. Reichman has this unique way of talking to people that makes you feel incredibly important. He listens to your concerns and creates a treatment plan that best suits your case. He makes himself available to you at all times and give precise explanations .
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College.
My nurse responded to the inquiries I had within the same day. She was excellent!
+ Read more- Read less
Dr. S[chattman's] bedside manner was very kind...From the initial consultation to the multiple medicated IUIs and the egg retrieval and fresh embryo transfers, Dr Schattman explained everything thoroughly, and took his time to answer all my questions in a kind-hearted but educated way. I only wish he could be the one to have done my actual retrieval and transfer, however I completely understand that has to be done by an on-call-doctor basis.
I never had to wait more than 30minutes [at Weill Cornell Medical College]...i got sent to collections not ONCE but TWICE for not paying a bill that I NEVER RECIEVED! Also - about 8 months after my Failed IVF, i received a check for over $3,000 — i must have at some point overpayed and this was the reimbursement that i recieved in the mail with no explanation. TERRIBLE BUSINESS SERVICE...During my IVF, I had 10 eggs retrieved, 8 were mature, 7 were fertilized, and 2 made it to blastocyst stage at day 5. I was never told if other embryos were healthy enough to be frozen.
How was your experience with Glenn Schattman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
He will make you feel comfortable, so ask any questions you need.
Dr. S always took the time to answer my every question and his bedside manner was very kind.
I had a uterine polyp diagnosed based on my HSG. So i had surgery (hysteroscopy) for removal, by Dr S and he was great, surgery was efficient and painless. Then i had 4 medicated IUIs with clomid that were unsuccessful (trigger shot was given to me 24 hours before the IUI). Then i had egg retrieval, i was on a number of injectable hormone medications, estrogen patches, and progesterone oil injections. I had 10 eggs retrieved, 8 were mature, 7 were fertilized, and 2 made it to the blastocyst (day 5) stage. I had both embryos transferred fresh on day 5. This didnt result in pregnancy but i hope to try again (i waited for new insurance benefits to kick in and now i am waiting for the pandemic to end).
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Clinic was very efficient with morning screenings and blood work and ultrasounds. I never had to wait more than 30minutes. The billing and financial part of the clinic SUCKS! I make enough money to pay my bills in full every month AND somehow i got sent to collections not ONCE but TWICE for not paying a bill that I NEVER RECIEVED! Also - about 8 months after my Failed IVF, i received a check for over $3,000 — i must have at some point overpayed and this was the reimbursement that i recieved in the mail with no explanation. TERRIBLE BUSINESS SERVICE.
Significant out of pocket costs. I had a $10k max from my insurance and i wxceeded that. Please see my other comment, i will repeat here: I pay my bills regularly every month in full, and have excellenr credit and money saved to ensure my bills are paid. I was sent to a collection agency not once but TWICE for not paying my bill THAT I NEVER RECEIEVED. This was quite frustrating especially when in process of buying house/cars and it potentially affecting credit scores. Also - 8 months after my failed IVF - i reveived a $3,000 check in the mail from Weill Cornell with no explanation. I assume i overpayed my services/benefits during my IVF (i must have spent $7k out of pocket) and this was reimbursement (so many months later). The billing explanations is quite confusing and stressful all at once and I know its not the fault of Dr S....but collection agency?!??! Come on.
Initially, we discussed pros cons of transferring single vs multiple embryos and i decided to only transfer one embryo. However, when the day 5 came and showed i had two blastocysts, Dr S said the best chance at pregnancy (or delivering a baby, I’m not sure which outcome we discussed- maybe it was both) would be to transfer both embryos, and I went with transferring both after weighing the pros and cons.

19 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Reichman was matter of fact, but in a friendly way. At my age (41), the statistics were not great, but he was optimistic & he effectively communicated some scary figures in a digestible, but not sugar coated way. He also took the time to explain what everything meant & was fairly easy to speak to....He was patient, listened to my concerns, walked through multiple options, came up with a plan, & then wasted no time getting to business. He was also sensitive regarding finances as I did not have insurance coverage. This was as good or better than I would have expected for a busy practice in NY.
Loved the [Weill Cornell] Tribeca clinic! Everything was amazing. Friendly, efficient, fairly calming environment. On the flip side, I dreaded going to the uptown location on the weekends, but the Drs there were still great (they rotate) - the comparisons to cattle calls at the uptown location is spot on. I ran into a former coworker & the nurses scream your name repeatedly - would've loved a touch more privacy for such a sensitive issue. I also felt badly for a few couples who were from other countries that had language barriers & just had their concerns said louder & louder without privacy. Slight issue with billing - I 100% paid out of pocket for the prices they quoted (& had to to start treatment), but keep receiving bills for more $ quoting higher prices after the fact?
19 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I went in thanks to the ticking time bomb of my biological clock, educated but uncertain as to what path to take. He was patient, listened to my concerns, walked through multiple options, came up with a plan, & then wasted no time getting to business. He was also sensitive regarding finances as I did not have insurance coverage. This was as good or better than I would have expected for a busy practice in NY. I did 2 back to back rounds of egg retrievals & freezing. The 1st cycle produced good, better than expected results (19 eggs retrieved / 13 mature) but the 2nd did not (10 eggs retrieved / only 6 mature) - I think my body needed a break - my body just didn't feel nearly the same was as it did during the 1st cycle. Both times the protocol was the same since the 1st cycle was successful in terms of the # of eggs retrieved & my body responded well to the meds. Being that only eggs were frozen, I cannot really judge the success of these cycles - at least not yet.
Line up your questions ahead of time & jump into them - there is not a lot of time w/him!
Dr. Reichman was matter of fact, but in a friendly way. At my age (41), the statistics were not great, but he was optimistic & he effectively communicated some scary figures in a digestible, but not sugar coated way. He also took the time to explain what everything meant & was fairly easy to speak to. Nurses at the Tribeca location were also amazing in this regard.
Started with estrogen patch upon ovulation, took gonal-f, menopur, eventually adding on cetrotide (amounts varied based on bloodwork) & did a double trigger of lupron & pregnyl.
Primary nurse, Christine, was beyond amazing! So helpful, compassionate, & easy to talk too. All of the nurses in the Tribeca location were a dream. Did not love the weekend experience uptown, but I guess what can you expect for how busy it was. But I dreaded going, dreaded having blood drawn there (had a few issues), etc.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Loved the Tribeca clinic! Everything was amazing. Friendly, efficient, fairly calming environment. On the flip side, I dreaded going to the uptown location on the weekends, but the Drs there were still great (they rotate) - the comparisons to cattle calls at the uptown location is spot on. I ran into a former coworker & the nurses scream your name repeatedly - would've loved a touch more privacy for such a sensitive issue. I also felt badly for a few couples who were from other countries that had language barriers & just had their concerns said louder & louder without privacy. Slight issue with billing - I 100% paid out of pocket for the prices they quoted (& had to to start treatment), but keep receiving bills for more $ quoting higher prices after the fact? Not sure how that will end. Also the hospital experience (for retrieval) was as pleasant as could be.
Generally covered this in previous questions. Tribeca = amazing / Uptown = cattle call. I was generally able to see Dr. Reichman for monitoring on weekdays, on weekends there were multiple doctors that rotated. All were good / no complaints. Nurses in Tribeca were a lot nicer & gentler with drawing blood.
Approx. $8,500 per cycle + additional hospital fees (approx. $1 k), not inc. medication. Also there was an initial consultation fee which I think was somewhere between $800 - $900. I previously had testing done so they didn't make me repeat those expenses.

Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Pereira is extremely knowledgeable, caring, ready to help, answers email in few hours. I have had so many questions, confusion and worry but Dr. Pereira was there to answer and explain everything with so much patience... I had to go through many procedures with Dr Pereira and other two doctors/clinics but all the procedures Dr. Pereira did were so much less painful. He will arrange everything so quickly its unbelievable. My husband had to meet urologist and the appointment was weeks away but he called and arranged appointment in few days.
nurses and staff [at Weill Cornell Medical College] are very cheerful, helpful and always smiling. You never have to wait...staff is very efficient and punctual...Nurses are very efficient and lovely to deal with. The only issue I feel is that nurses should have email also to communicate with patients or to update results on email and update daily protocol...Going to clinic every morning for monitoring was not fun but it was necessary. There was hardly any wait in Tribeca office but on weekends you have to go to upper east office and there you have to wait for 30+ mins
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Trust your Doctor and ask questions he will answer all of them. I had to go through many procedures with Dr Pereira and other two doctors/clinics but all the procedures Dr. Pereira did were so much less painful. He will arrange everything so quickly its unbelievable. My husband had to meet urologist and the appointment was weeks away but he called and arranged appointment in few days.
We cannot recommend Dr. Pereira enough! Dr. Pereira is an excellent doctor and a wonderful human being. He goes out of his way to help you. Infertility is a tough journey and sometimes one needs reassurance from your doctor that things will be okay. Dr. Pereira was there for us whenever we needed help from him even at odd hours of the day. He has excellent bed side manners. We have not seen such humble, caring, intelligent and funny doctor before. He is subject matter expert and explains everything very clearly and encourages you to ask questions. His nurses and staff are very cheerful, helpful and always smiling. You never have to wait at his clinic and the staff is very efficient and punctual. We will always be grateful for his help and care during our infertility journey.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Crystal )
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
You never have to wait here. If you are leaving work and coming to clinic you will be out in less than 20-25 mins finishing your appointment. There is no wait time. The location is good, the clinic looks new and clean. Weaknesses - dealing with billing team
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College.
IVF was not included in our insurance plan so it was around for one cycle $15k + medicines with copay.
Describe Nigel Pereira's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
After two failed cycles I wanted to transfer two 5 day blastocyst but Dr. Pereira suggested we should just transfer one and we did the same.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. P[ereira] is sensitive to what is going on in your life whether it be travel for work, fear of needles or both!! He finds ways to make everything as easy as possible on you. Truly couldn’t recommend someone more -- was VERY upset when I had my last appointment with him and tried to find out if there was any way I could keep him through delivery!...He was away visiting a family member who was sick and still personally called me on a weekend to provide me with an update on my blood results.
The nursing staff [at Weill Cornell Medical College] is amazing! They always see me and give me a big smile and ask me questions about how I am doing...I am very afraid of needles, and they all are so patient and sweet to me. I have even broken down in tears before when I knew my blood test was going to be negative but they know what to say and do. Compassionate nurses make a VERY big difference!...Making an appointment is VERY easy too.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Nigel Pereira is amazing. Would recommend him to my best friend, in fact I did and she got pregnant right away! I have also recommended him to a handful of other friends, and several are already pregnant! Having a doctor that you trust, feel at ease with and also know if you shoot him an email will get back to you VERY soon is a blessing and all you can hope for with your fertility journey. Also, Dr. P is sensitive to what is going on in your life whether it be travel for work, fear of needles or both!! He finds ways to make everything as easy as possible on you. Truly couldn’t recommend someone more -- was VERY upset when I had my last appointment with him and tried to find out if there was any way I could keep him through delivery!
Trust him and feel comfortable asking him anything! He is truly the most wonderful person, if you are having any issues emotional, physical tell him and he will take that into consideration. I am VERY afraid of needles so the blood draws were not fun for me -- after telling him he would ensure that if that blood test wasn't 100% necessary I didn't have to take it. Also, ask him anything because once you do you will feel better - he has a way about him of just putting you at ease, no matter what the response is!
Dr. Nigel Pereira treats all patients as if they are his family. This is a tough and emotional roller coaster but he is there every step of the way to ensure you have everything you need. His bedside manner is also just what you need! Just one of the many examples of how amazing, Dr. P is - He was away visiting a family member who was sick and still personally called me on a weekend to provide me with an update on my blood results.
Describe the protocols Nigel Pereira used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
I found out a few months into my fertility journey that I had PCOS and needed to see a R.E. Luckily after HSG and sperm testing everything looked good on our end and we started letrozole. We tried naturally the first month. The next 4 months we tried with an IUI (we think one month we were a little too late based on my work travel :/). We also use an estrogen patch to help with the growth of my lining. We were hesitant to just do clomid to start because of my lining issues but we wanted to try a mix of letrozole and clomid to see if that would bear fruit. The first attempt of trying to medicine we saw no progress but we tried it again (this was our last ditch attempt to get pregnant before IVF) and I am thrilled and it worked! I am just shy of 13 weeks pregnant. I cannot say it enough, there is NO other doctor I would have rather gone on this journey with. Dr. P and his entire team were amazing, he is the best doctor and person out there!!
The nursing staff is amazing! They always see me and give me a big smile and ask me questions about how I am doing. I mentioned this before, but I am very afraid of needles, and they all are so patient and sweet to me. I have even broken down in tears before when I knew my blood test was going to be negative but they know what to say and do. Compassionate nurses make a VERY big difference!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic is very organized, despite having a lot of women go through I feel like I am a priority and trust everything. They have two locations one UES and one Tribeca. I actually love UES but schlep downtown to see Dr. P several times a week - he always tries to find days he is working UES so I don’t need to travel as far. We also get to go UES on the weekend trips so that is a nice treat or for IUI or spem analysis. The afternoon following a blood test you get a call from the office with updates on medication as well as next steps if you didn’t already discuss. Making an appointment is VERY easy too. DR. P has his own medical assistant, Megi. Megi is very responsive and makes it all work!!!
I left my prior job and am currently paying for COBRA because the fertility benefits were better than my new job (non-existent!) IUI was $735 including male and female components.

1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Dr. Reichman is the best doctor I've ever seen - in any capacity. He was frank and helped move us along when our fertility window was closing. He was caring and empathetic when we had setbacks or bad news, he is always available immediately by phone or email which is HUGE during IVF...We used a natural cycle for our FET...Everything was up to date with the current research and with health and success in mind. We did PGS testing by choice since we'd previously had a baby with chromosomal abnormalities and wanted to avoid that outcome. We produced 5 genetically normal embryos from our first cycle, we froze them and transferred one. Our first transfer was a success, and the whole process was efficient and no BS.
This office [Weill Cornell Medical College] is busy yes - but its run like a machine. Every question got answered and I always felt that it was moving with speed and efficiency. As a new yorker I appreciate that. We traveled into our appointments from 3 hours away and the fact that it was so predictable was key to making that work...monitoring always takes about 30-45 minutes, but it was efficient and predicable...The tribeca office is smaller and nicer and moves faster. Uptown was a bit of haul for us, and you need to go there occasionally on weekends or holidays. I could have lived without those uptown visits, but really that was only a few times, not the end of the world all things considered. It was also a little shocking to not know who was going to do your egg retrieval, but all the doctors in the practice are world class and we ended up liking our retrieval doctor as much as our main doctor. I liked feeling that there was a strong team looking out for us, but I know some people don't like that aspect, and I get it.
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is the best doctor I've ever seen - in any capacity. He was frank and helped move us along when our fertility window was closing. He was caring and empathetic when we had setbacks or bad news, he is always available immediately by phone or email which is HUGE during IVF. Buy above all else - he's an incredible doctor. His success rates speak for themselves. There is no one else I would have wanted to do this process with.
Don't be afraid to ask stupid questions.
Dr. Reichman is one of the kindest men. He is business like and efficient when that's called for and kind and gentle when that's appropriate. Empathy is neither faked nor absent. We made a special effort to be on hand for our transfer himself. As well, when we received bad news, the deep wellspring of his caring in unmistakable. I could not recommend him more highly.
We skipped right to IVF by choice. I was already well over 40 and didn't want to waste time on IUI or other less invasive methods. We did injectables hormones with daily monitoring, so dosages could be adjusted. I am a high egg producer so we triggered with a lupron and not HCG to prevent over stimulation. We used a natural cycle for our FET - which is preferable for many reasons now that we know how important the chemical secretions are during natural ovulation for pregnancy. Everything was up to date with the current research and with health and success in mind. We did PGS testing by choice since we'd previously had a baby with chromosomal abnormalities and wanted to avoid that outcome. We produced 5 genetically normal embryos from our first cycle, we froze them and transferred one. Our first transfer was a success, and the whole process was efficient and no BS.
This office is busy yes - but its run like a machine. Every question got answered and I always felt that it was moving with speed and efficiency. As a new yorker I appreciate that. We traveled into our appointments from 3 hours away and the fact that it was so predictable was key to making that work.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
It's a busy clinic with lots of patients - but I liked that - things moved quickly, they were efficient and they treated my time as precious as theirs. Many women including myself do this while working and traveling to these appointments and that makes that kind of well oiled machine vibe wonderful. The only thing I didn't like was going up to the UES office. The tribeca office is smaller and nicer and moves faster. Uptown was a bit of haul for us, and you need to go there occasionally on weekends or holidays. I could have lived without those uptown visits, but really that was only a few times, not the end of the world all things considered. It was also a little shocking to not know who was going to do your egg retrieval, but all the doctors in the practice are world class and we ended up liking our retrieval doctor as much as our main doctor. I liked feeling that there was a strong team looking out for us, but I know some people don't like that aspect, and I get it.
I don't remember the full costs. We were mostly covered, but did may for our embryo storage, PGS testing, fetal blood cell testing, etc. It wasn't cheap, but honestly, after getting pregnant we never thought about the money again.
We were using PGS tested embryos - so single is the only way to go. Twins would have increased the chance of harm to me or the babies.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Spandorfer initially was kind, extremely confident and really seem to know what he was talking about and the direction he wanted to go with my treatment. But when my first IVF with him failed he was a very different person. He was snappy and rude and unwilling to explain things to me especially when the second and different protocol didn't go well at all.
The office [Weill Cornell] could use updating and the front desk could you a little training in how to treat patients. The nurses are so kind and helpful, but the drs all think they are gods and are mostly men. Go to another clinic. ... He really determines that [eSet] based on how many children you want to have and how the process is going once the embryos start growing. He is not opposed to multiple embryo transfer.
When I initially saw him for our consultation, he seemed to really know what he was doing and genuinely seemed to care about his patients. I felt like I would be in good hands with him. I was wrong. After my first IVF failed with him he became a different person. Perhaps he thought I was a lost cause. He was distant, snappy and often rude, especially when things went even worse with his new protocol for the 2nd round. He never even followed up with me after. He needs to retire. He is a rude, grumpy old man who could really careless about the patients he thinks won't up his numbers.
See someone else.
First we did the antagonist protocol with estrogen priming. 150 menopur with 300 gonal-f then added antagonist. When that didn't work we did micro-flaire. Hi rationale was these are the most commonly used protocols. He did not tailor things to me AT ALL.
His nurses are all great. Its a shame he doesn't act more like them. They are kind, caring and very thorough. They always take the time to walk you through everything. Lots of handholding with them.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The office could use updating and the front desk could you a little training in how to treat patients. The nurses are so kind and helpful, but the drs all think they are gods and are mostly men. Go to another clinic.
20k for each IVF cycle
He really determines that based on how many children you want to have and how the process is going once the embryos start growing. He is not opposed to multiple embryo transfer.
+ Read more- Read less

I think the only thing that was at times difficult was that he [Dr. Reichman] airs on the side of being slightly pessimistic which I can understand since he has to manage expectations in a journey that is uncertain. I appreciated that to an extent but there were times where I felt slightly discouraged... Overall I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Reichman. I have dealt with many doctors in my life (not fertility related) and he is definitely one of the good ones...advocated a single embryo transfer for myself I believe partly because of my age. I'm not sure how he deals with this with other patients but this is definitely something to discuss with him in the beginning stages of the process New Patient Advice
the staff at Weill Cornell were always kind and responsive. There was no time throughout my 5 IVF cycles that I felt unimportant or like just another patient to them...My primary nurse Christine as well as the whole staff at Weill Cornell in Tribeca are amazing. They are kind, professional and are always there to help and answer questions. This is not an easy process to go through and they really do make it better and easier. I can't say enough good things about them...The staff is very efficient and the monitoring is done quickly...the clinic itself feels clean and nice. The nurses were always helpful- on one occasion I needed to do the trigger shot by myself and they helped arrange a nurse to come to my apartment and help me. They were always responsive and helpful in whatever I needed. Would highly recommend them.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I underwent 5 IVF cycles with Dr.Reichman and throughout the whole process I felt that I was in good hands and that he genuinely cared about me and helping me get pregnant. I feel that he is extremely knowledgeable and professional and is open to questions and discussions. Whenever my husband and I had questions he was available to talk about or concerns. I think the only thing that was at times difficult was that he airs on the side of being slightly pessimistic which I can understand since he has to manage expectations in a journey that is uncertain. I appreciated that to an extent but there were times where I felt slightly discouraged. That does not mean I don't agree with his philosophy of being extremely realistic. I prefer someone to tell it to me like it is and I would whole heatedly recommend him to anyone dealing with fertility issues. Overall I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Reichman. I have dealt with many doctors in my life (not fertility related) and he is definitely one of the good ones.
Ask as many questions as possible. Dr.Reichman is extremely knowledgeable and I think educating yourself throughout this process is helpful in many ways.
Both Dr. Reichman and the staff at Weill Cornell were always kind and responsive. There was no time throughout my 5 IVF cycles that I felt unimportant or like just another patient to them.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Great clinic, professional staff and the clinic itself feels clean and nice. The nurses were always helpful- on one occasion I needed to do the trigger shot by myself and they helped arrange a nurse to come to my apartment and help me. They were always responsive and helpful in whatever I needed. Would highly recommend them.
The staff is very efficient and the monitoring is done quickly.
Dr.Reichman advocated a single embryo transfer for myself I believe partly because of my age. I'm not sure how he deals with this with other patients but this is definitely something to discuss with him in the beginning stages of the process
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Reichman] was exceptionally patient and thorough, explaining the details of each process and answering all of our questions to the best of his ability. He also remembered particular details about us and our conversations with him over the years, which is remarkable considering how many patients he has!...warm and reassuring, especially when things became stressful. We always knew he was available...He is a true professional and we would wholeheartedly recommend him for anyone looking to do IVF...He has a lot of patients so you will find yourself waiting for a long time if you don't get there as soon as they open. Also, don't be afraid to ask as many questions as possible. He will not shy away from giving you direct answers.
Strengths [at Weill Cornell]: The clinic is state of the art...The installations are new and the facility is sparkling clean. Weaknesses: Because it is a top-quality institution it can get very busy, so be prepared to arrive early each time or wait...you will find yourself waiting for a long time if you don't get there as soon as they open...She [nurse] was always available and on top of things. She has a calm and reassuring personality...Our IVF protocols included: estrogen patches, tailored doses ranging from 150-400 units of follistin, 75-150 units of menopur, anatagonist (ganirellix), leupron trigger, daily morning blood draws to tailor the dosages. We required 4 cycles due to poor egg quality.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
He was extremely patient, warm and reassuring, especially when things became stressful. We always knew he was available, and knew that we could always count on him to remember the particulars of our situation. He is a true professional and we would wholeheartedly recommend him for anyone looking to do IVF.
Always arrive early! He has a lot of patients so you will find yourself waiting for a long time if you don't get there as soon as they open. Also, don't be afraid to ask as many questions as possible. He will not shy away from giving you direct answers.
He was exceptionally patient and thorough, explaining the details of each process and answering all of our questions to the best of his ability. He also remembered particular details about us and our conversations with him over the years, which is remarkable considering how many patients he has!
She was always available and on top of things. She has a calm and reassuring personality.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Strengths: The clinic is state of the art with a lot of renowned top doctors. The installations are new and the facility is sparkling clean. Weaknesses: Because it is a top-quality institution it can get very busy, so be prepared to arrive early each time or wait.
We were fortunate to have amazing insurance that covered most costs. It is very infrequent but we had unlimited lifetime fertility benefits. We did, however, have to pay out of pocket for the genetic testing of the embryos.
We wanted to avoid the risk of multiple pregnancy and this was discussed with him.

IUI, 2 IVF
never once did I feel like a number with Dr. Reichman...extremely kind and supportive while also being direct and honest.I’ve never had a doctor that I felt cared more about me than Dr. Reichman...From the hour-long introductory meeting we had with him to the emotional year-long IVF road that followed, at every step he was present, knowledgeable, caring, communicative, direct, confidant and optimistic for a successful pregnancy.This process is daunting with many highs and even more lows at times and Dr. Reichman got me through them all. I wouldn’t have completed three rounds of IVF and I would not currently be 8-weeks pregnant if he were not my doctor. I’m sure of tha
I have just as high of praise for his nurse Christine as I do for Dr. Reichman [at Weill Cornell Medical College]. She is beyond kind, smart and communicative. I always had a lot of questions and never once did she make me feel like a bother. Instead, she always put me at ease with her quick and helpful answers. They are quite the impressive team...was very upfront about the costs prior to my out-of-pocket cycle and always available to answer any of my billing questions.
IUI, 2 IVF
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Simply put, he’s the absolute best. From the hour-long introductory meeting we had with him to the emotional year-long IVF road that followed, at every step he was present, knowledgeable, caring, communicative, direct, confidant and optimistic for a successful pregnancy.This process is daunting with many highs and even more lows at times and Dr. Reichman got me through them all. I wouldn’t have completed three rounds of IVF and I would not currently be 8-weeks pregnant if he were not my doctor. I’m sure of that.
Do yourself a major favor, call NOW to book an appointment with him! And my one piece of advice for any patient with any doctor is to become informed about the process.The IUI/IVF process is confusing, and you can only ask the right questions if you are knowledgeable about your different treatment options. Dr. Reichman always had time to answer my questions and concerns, but it was on me to become my own advocate capable of making the right decisions for me and my family once he laid out all the information.
Cornell is a busy fertilitypractice, but never once did I feel like a number with Dr. Reichman. He is the perfectcombination of extremely kind and supportive while also being direct and honest.I’ve never had a doctor that I felt cared more about me than Dr. Reichman.
I used a combination of Gonal-F and Menopur for all my IVF rounds followed by Cetrotide with an HCG trigger shot.
I have just as high of praise for his nurse Christine as I do for Dr. Reichman. She is beyond kind, smart and communicative. I always had a lot of questions and never once did she make me feel like a bother. Instead, she always put me at ease with her quick and helpful answers. They are quite the impressive team.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Cornell was wonderful. I find all their processes extremely efficient, not to mention the staff at theTribeca office is incredibly friendly and helpful. By the end of my year, I knew every single person’s name in the office and they felt like friends, which made all my 6:30am monitoring appointments way more enjoyable.
My insurance through my employer offered a lifetime fertility maximum of $25,000, which only covered my first two rounds of IVF. So after those were unsuccessful, I paid out of pocket for my third and eventually successful IVF round, which came to about $25,000 which included the transfer costs. Cornell was very upfront about the costs prior to my out-of-pocket cycle and always available to answer any of my billing questions.
Dr. Reichman knew from the start that I only wanted one additional child. So it was never a question if we would implant more than one.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
He [Dr. Goldschlag] reported that the number and quality of my eggs are very low and may not be that great...During appointments I could hardly hear what he was saying as he ultrasounded me. I would ask questions and get no answer. I would then email him still no answer, I would call his office and still no answers. Turns out he wrote in my chart patient has many questions one day. All of those questions were still unanswered.
Never really got to know anyone in particular [at Weill Cornell] except the front desk when I had to leave after waiting over an hour and a half and had to go to work. There was one lady who made fun of me for going to the clinic as I was told I should by dr G. for my trigger injection...didn’t tell me the protocols of how much estrogen and when. The didn’t tell me when to start the clomid and one time it was too late and I already had a follicle and then he scoffed at me that if I took it I may have more eggs but the probably would all be defective if I took it. I didn’t know it was category x
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Dan Goldschlag at Weill Cornell Medical College?
He seemed to have a hard time making direct eye contact with me especially when I asked questions or he was explaining things during my ultrasounds. He was very submissive of my questions that started with based on my research (of which I meant scholarly articles since I too am a doctor, I may be a doctor of physical therapy however I understand researching) what do you think about diet, supplements, acupuncture, and my other issues anxiety, low iron, stress, lack of progesterone etc.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Dan Goldschlag at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Demand eye contact.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Dan Goldschlag at Weill Cornell Medical College?
We went after researching many. After meeting him my husband seemed to like him, so we stayed initially. He kinda laughed at us the first day “why are you here? Did you know you are one of my youngest clients. This should be pretty easy.” After my blood work was taken he then called us in. He said that my husbands numbers were “low that day but he may have masturbated to recently to the data so he is probably fine. The reason he sometimes could not ejaculate was most like because,” turns to me, without looking at me, “the stress that is placed on him.” “(My) numbers aren’t terrible but aren’t great as my AMH IS 0.55. So we are going to treat you like a much older woman well into her 40s.” All without eye contact. I had to pipe up and ask what amh meant again. We were pretty new to all of this. I really wasn’t sure. He reported that the number and quality of my eggs are very low and may not be that great. I’m still having a hard time forgetting. “Not terrible”. During appointments I could hardly hear what he was saying as he ultrasounded me. I would ask questions and get no answer. I would then email him still no answer, I would call his office and still no answers. Turns out he wrote in my chart patient has many questions one day. All of those questions were still unanswered. I finally got my husband to ask after realizing DrG rarely made eye contact with me. He finally answered my husband the same questions I had been asking a few cycles ago. After that I was done with him. I took a break, cleaned up my diet, got some other hormones checked and took supplements. Now we are meeting with a new doctor who already explained the most of that was a waste of time for me.
Describe the protocols Dan Goldschlag used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
Natural timing, clomid 50 with iui, estrogen patches with natural, climbs 150 with iui.
Never really got to know anyone in particular except the front desk when I had to leave after waiting over an hour and a half and had to go to work. There was one lady who made fun of me for going to the clinic as I was told I should by dr G. for my trigger injection.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Strengths multiple doctors. Weakness you may still wait to get seen for hours. You will see other doctors. I had no idea I was supposed to keep a full bladder for the iui. I had been drinking water that entire morning waiting for my husband etc but thought I should use the restroom bc I really had to go and was worried it my hurt if they had to open my cervix and didn’t want to pee on the table so I quickly ran to the bathroom. Hearing that doctor complain about me ruining her morning making her job so much harder was horrible. Making me think that bc my bladder wasn’t full I was another reason my iui failed. Cold voicemails to tell you that The blood test was negative for your pregnancy.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Dan Goldschlag at Weill Cornell Medical College.
400/ ultrasound I think it was $2000 for the iui
Describe Dan Goldschlag's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College.
They forgot to fax the medication prescription and then were mad at me bc I didn’t have it. The didn’t tell me the protocols of how much estrogen and when. The didn’t tell me when to start the clomid and one time it was too late and I already had a follicle and then he scoffed at me that if I took it I may have more eggs but the probably would all be defective if I took it. I didn’t know it was category x
Dan Goldschlag
+ Read more- Read less

It was very clear that Dr. Reichman felt personally invested in our efforts. He was always responsive and we felt comfortable asking him whatever questions we had. He cared about us as people not just patients. We felt like we fully trusted him...He caught a polyp that my previous doctor had not. A lot of that is due to the fact that he does his own ultrasound...which allows for the best possible care. It was great to see him at almost all of our appointments.
The Tribeca office [of Weill Cornell Medical College] is very efficient. We rarely had to wait very long. Blood work was very efficient as well...It is smaller so more intimate. Always saw the same front desk staff as well as nurses and lab technicians. Everyone was very friendly. The office is immaculate, and also very conveniently located...one on one instruction around taking the medications to the small group class, they [nurses] helped us feel comfortable upfront. Throughout the process it was also great to be able to call them and even email them anytime. They were very helpful with making sure to order just the right amount of medication as my insurance was limited. They always called me every afternoon with clear instructions.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
In addition to being very knowledgeable, Dr. Reichman is a very caring and nice person, which was important to us. We never felt like we were just a random patient. Beyond that, Dr. Reichman is a great communicator (we could email him, and also he made time to listen during our appointments), and he was good at managing expectations while keeping us in positive mindset. We also felt he was very transparent and honest about our options. He was thorough while at the same time practical. He caught a polyp that my previous doctor had not. A lot of that is due to the fact that he does his own ultrasound (as do a lot of the doctors at Cornell), which allows for the best possible care. It was great to see him at almost all of our appointments. He made decisions quickly, which was great because it shortened the length of our treatment. He took into account our personal preferences (eg I didn’t want to do a fully medicated transfer cycle so he came up with alternatives). He also was thoughtful about adjusting our treatment, rather than just doing the same thing over and over like our previous doctor.
Trust the process. Cornell and Dr Reichman have a very well thought out process that worked perfectly for us. If he recommends something, take that seriously. He doesn’t just throw things out, everything is deliberate.
We went to Dr Reichman in the middle of an IUI cycle that we started with RMA. He was fine with taking us mid cycle. Because he saw us at each appointment (the RMA doctor didn’t see us for months) and because he did the ultrasounds, he was able to be smarter about the trigger date. When that did not work, he identified a polyp, and we removed it within a few weeks. The surgery was at Cornell’s new outpatient surgery center, and it was a great experience. Then we moved quickly into our first IVF cycle. We did the standard protocol (menopur, Goyal f, trigger shot). While it looked good initially, my estrogen levels did not rise as expected. Dr Reichman recommended cancelling to save money as we had limited insurance, but when our numbers looked a little better the next day we decided to go forward with it. He recommended genetic testing of the embryos, and we are glad we did because none of our four embryos were normal. We then quickly moved to a second cycle, in which Dr Reichman changed our medication. He used Lupron, which is used for people like me with poor egg quality. This cycle looked a lot better. We ended up with three genetically normal embryos. We tried a natural transfer cycle but again my hormones did not cooperate. Then we did a semi medicated cycle in which we used letrozole to ensure ovulation and then the progesterone suppositories. We then proceeded to transfer 1, and are now 10 weeks pregnant! Dr Reichman went out of his way to do our retrieval and transfer even when he wasn’t the scheduled doctor that day. It really meant a lot to see him in that room!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine )
Christine as well as the other nurses were incredibly helpful throughout the process. From one on one instruction around taking the medications to the small group class, they helped us feel comfortable upfront. Throughout the process it was also great to be able to call them and even email them anytime. They were very helpful with making sure to order just the right amount of medication as my insurance was limited. They always called me every afternoon with clear instructions.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I would highly recommend Weill Cornell to everyone! The tribeca clinic was especially easy to navigate. It is smaller so more intimate. Always saw the same front desk staff as well as nurses and lab technicians. Everyone was very friendly. The office is immaculate, and also very conveniently located.
The Tribeca office is very efficient. We rarely had to wait very long. Blood work was very efficient as well.
My insurance paid for a lot of it. We did have to pay for one retrieval cycle out of pocket.
Given the quality of our embryo, we never even discussed using multiple embryos.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Pereira always takes the time to genuinely say hello, asks how you are and you can tell he really cares. He is extremely responsive to emails and calls. Within 24 hours, if not sooner you hear from him. At initial consult he took to time to clearly explain reproduction, hormones, levels etc and what everything means and why it is important. He is very knowledgeable and competent...I had a wonderful experience and am so glad I went with Dr. Pereira. He treats you like a human and takes the time to explain everything, your options, process etc. He is responsive and patient with questions and clarifications. I felt in very good hands and honestly he and the office made all the difference. I can't recommend him enough. Extremely supportive.
Val [nurse at Weill Cornell] was wonderful! Overall the nursing staff was great...I liked the way Monitoring worked. Tribeca office is so easy ( if you live downtown). It's a nice, quiet office building. Fewer patients compared to UES and the wait it not long. Including my 10 minute commute to office, I could leave my apt, go to monitoring and be home in 50min-1hr. I went to UES on weekend and it was busier and the wait was longer, plus it had the "hospital" feel, but I loved the Phlebotomists on UES.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Don't hesitate to ask questions. He is very patient and easy to talk to.
Gonal F for several days, then I added Menapur and Centrotide for several more days. Trigger was Lupron and HCG. They retrieved 7 eggs, all were mature and frozen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Val)
Val was wonderful! Overall the nursing staff was great. I also met with Julie ( i think) on Day 1. Evangeline was the nurse who called me regularly. Val was beyond helpful and supportive, but everyone was great.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
My one issue was with the pre-authorization and billing departments. I had to call a lot and never got the response I needed. It often took many calls, asking for supervisors and explaining the issue over and over. My issue was related to approval, as Weill Cornell info and my insurance info did not match. It was quite upsetting to have to also deal with so much " red tape" at the onset of this process.
Egg Freezing total, including meds : about 11,000

Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Elias takes time to get to know his patients and truly seems to understand the weight infertility bears on the person struggling. He is compassionate and positive...He recommended an HSG due to recurrent chemical pregnancies - something that was not taken seriously at the previous clinic. Everything he explained at that first meeting made the eventual path to a bilateral salpingectomy and IVF easier. He was a partner in treatment and allowed us to try medicated timed intercourse for a year before moving ahead with surgery and IVF.
The 7:30 morning monitoring time [at Weill Cornell] is rough if you work in the city or at a job that starts earlier. The first come first serve model is difficult to manage but most patients are courteous lining up. Jessica at the front desk is personable and extremely helpful in getting you set up as a patient...Lisa and Jan [nurses] were always prompt in returning calls and answering questions. They were also positive in their communications.
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I don’t know where to begin with explaining how incredible Dr. Elias is in practice and in general. I’d previously gone to a fertility clinic that felt very impersonal and rushed. It put off treatment for me for years until I decided on a whim to see Dr. Elias. From the start he took time to describe what the next steps would be and what the possibilities for treatment would entail based on my anecdotal and medical history. He recommended an HSG due to recurrent chemical pregnancies - something that was not taken seriously at the previous clinic. Everything he explained at that first meeting made the eventual path to a bilateral salpingectomy and IVF easier. He was a partner in treatment and allowed us to try medicated timed intercourse for a year before moving ahead with surgery and IVF. Despite my fears of being medically sterile, I got pregnant my first IVF cycle and am currently home with my week old son. Dr. Elias is an extremely knowledgeable doctor that stays up to date with treatments. I’ve also never experienced a doctor until meeting him who actually spends time to thoroughly review your chart before meeting with you. There is not enough good I can say about Dr. Elias - he made a miracle happen, but even when we were in the seemingly endless treatment cycles we had hope and trust in him to keep us going.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Write down any questions you have before meeting with him, morning monitoring with him goes quickly, as it should, so it helps to be prepared.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Lisa)
Lisa and Jan were always prompt in returning calls and answering questions. They were also positive in their communications.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The 7:30 morning monitoring time is rough if you work in the city or at a job that starts earlier. The first come first serve model is difficult to manage but most patients are courteous lining up. Jessica at the front desk is personable and extremely helpful in getting you set up as a patient.
Monitoring was very efficient, considering the doctor himself was doing the monitoring. Some mornings can be busier than others but I never waited more than a half hour.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Cost was as expected for fertility treatment in this area. Unfortunately (specific to my situation) while Dr. Elias and monitoring at the Westchester office was covered by my insurance, Weill Cornell in Manhattan was not so I had to pay out of pocket for all IVF related treatments.
Describe Rony Elias's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
eSET made absolute sense for my situation and his rationale behind it was completely correct.
Rony Elias
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College.

2016 - 2019
6 IVF, 6 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
I appreciate that she [Dr. Kang] is straightforward and she showed compassion for our unique medical hurdles that made genetic testing necessary. She might come across as blunt and by the book to some patients. Out of three failed cycles, with very high dose medication, she lowered it only once.... I feel like she does not deviate from Cornell's playbook.... I only saw my doctor once or twice during the actual monitoring for all three cycles.
Too much of a factory atmosphere. You feel like you see the entire Cornell staff for visits and retrieval. I only saw my doctor once or twice during the actual monitoring for all three cycles.... We required PGD/PGS testing and was very disappointed that Cornell would not/could not work with the company that was covered by insurance. I had to go with their lab and pay $4000 (2016) out of pocket for a probe that I never got to use with Cornell.
2016 - 2019
6 IVF, 6 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I appreciate that she is straightforward and she showed compassion for our unique medical hurdles that made genetic testing necessary. She might come across as blunt and by the book to some patients. Out of three failed cycles, with very high dose medication, she lowered it only once.
I think she is a very smart doctor, she is very straightforward, maybe too blunt for the liking of some people. I feel like she does not deviate from Cornell's playbook.
The facility was huge and I felt like another body there. It felt very clinical. At the time, I thought that was what I wanted and that being a part of a hospital clinic was the best route to go to ensure proper treatment and results.
Roughly wahat I can interpret from my records: Cycle #1- 450 Follistim, 150 Menopur- 13 days to yield 5 eggs, 5 mature and none made it to Day 5 Cycle #2- 150/225 Follistim, 75/150 Menopur- 16 days to yield 11 eggs, 8 mature and none made it to Day 5 Cycle #3- 225/300 Follistim/75/150 Menopur- 18 days to yield 5 eggs, 4 mature-- only 1 viable for Day 3 transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College.
I always encountered a positive experience with the nursing staff during my monitoring visits as well as pre/post-retrieval monitoring.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Too much of a factory atmosphere. You feel like you see the entire Cornell staff for visits and retrieval. I only saw my doctor once or twice during the actual monitoring for all three cycles. She never performed my retrievals. I think there is some patient card to use for check in-- never offered me a card or explained what it would be used for. We required PGD/PGS testing and was very disappointed that Cornell would not/could not work with the company that was covered by insurance. I had to go with their lab and pay $4000 (2016) out of pocket for a probe that I never got to use with Cornell.
Monitoring hours was a well-run cattle call although sometimes waiting for an ultrasound could take a while.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College.
I had a concern about a particular medication and spoke to the doctor on call and being an IVF patient I was understandably panicked but was never disrespectful the doctor during the conversation...he was completely rude, nasty and condescending to me I made a complaint about him but still had to interact with him during various visits.
+ Read more- Read less

I can understand that someone going to him [Spandorfer] might feel like a number if everything looks normal and you proceed through monitoring to egg retrieval on a normal schedule. Unfortunately, I did not respond to injections and so I received personal attention from the doctor. He was very responsive by phone and then we scheduled an appointment to discuss an alternate protocol for when I try again. He took the time to answer my questions and hear my frustrations and we're moving on together. I'm still happy with his care.
Totally professional operation [Weill Cornell], you'll be in and out in no time during monitoring, I found everyone to be very positive and friendly. I can see why people may feel like they're a number but I count the efficiently as an absolute plus on a busy weekday morning. Facilities are great as well.... Expensive but what I had not spent was promptly refunded when I had to cancel my egg retrieval.
He's very straightforward and has a good, dry sense of humor. I'm not someone who needs a lot of coddling but when I had to cancel my egg retrieval due to low response, he was sympathetic and understanding without sugar coating things for me. I really appreciate that quality.
You may not get a lot of time with him so come prepared and don't be afraid to answer questions.
I can understand that someone going to him might feel like a number if everything looks normal and you proceed through monitoring to egg retrieval on a normal schedule. Unfortunately, I did not respond to injections and so I received personal attention from the doctor. He was very responsive by phone and then we scheduled an appointment to discuss an alternate protocol for when I try again. He took the time to answer my questions and hear my frustrations and we're moving on together. I'm still happy with his care.
I was initially on a very standard protocol, albeit at the highest doses of menopur and gonal-f. I will be on a new protocol with twice daily injections (still at max dose), micro dose lupron, and estrogen priming the second time around.
I had limited interaction but they seemed well informed about my situation and the next steps the doctor wanted to take.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Totally professional operation, you'll be in and out in no time during monitoring, I found everyone to be very positive and friendly. I can see why people may feel like they're a number but I count the efficiently as an absolute plus on a busy weekday morning. Facilities are great as well.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Schattman is caring, doesn’t create false expectations.He is good at answering questions but you want to make sure you ask them.He makes you feel safe. He is friendly and has a very good reputation in the clinic. Nurses and staff seem to trust him and speak highly of him.... Come prepared to ask questions. He can be very brief with the information but if you ask, he will take his time with you.
Check in [at Weill Cornell] is pretty quick and waiting is not too long. Monitoring is an easy experience. If you want to talk to a nurse during monitoring you need to ask the person taking blood and they will put you on a list for the nurse to come out and talk to you. Doctors are all pretty friendly and kind. They all seem to take time to answer questions. The nurse phone line is mostly a recording but they answer your call pretty quickly. Receptionists are not the friendliest.
How was your experience with Glenn Schattman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Schattman is warm, honest and optimistic without creating my false expectations. He is open to questions and once you’re with him he takes time to listen to your concerns.
They were all friendly. Sometimes when calling for blood results they seem to be rushing, but if you ask questions they took the time to answer them. They were not great at keeping up with calling or refilling prescriptions BUT once you call the nursing line, they do it right away.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Check in is pretty quick and waiting is not too long. Monitoring is an easy experience. If you want to talk to a nurse during monitoring you need to ask the person taking blood and they will put you on a list for the nurse to come out and talk to you. Doctors are all pretty friendly and kind. They all seem to take time to answer questions. The nurse phone line is mostly a recording but they answer your call pretty quickly. Receptionists are not the friendliest.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Upon starting my FET the nurse forgot to tell me stop the centrotide. I asked and they called me back right away. They also assumed I had already the medications in pharmacy. I asked and they ordered them right away. For the most part, they are excellent.

3 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Egg Freezing
Unexplained, Other
He [Dr. Goldschlag] is thoughtful and patient. Allows me to voice all my questions and concerns. Doesn’t pressure me about tough decisions or pass judgement. He is happy to consult with other doctors on my behalf, and regularly calls me to follow up with questions.... Upon suffering from secondary infertility, Dr. goldschlag oversaw my fertility treatment through: IUI, IVF, PGS testing. HSG, treatment of ectopic pregnancy.
I am a private person, so I Was sometimes annoyed by the very public systems (shouting my full name to call me into an appointment), but the staff [Weill Cornell] is generally very kind. I have struggled with the call-back systems... In the past 2 years, I sometimes had a nurse forget to call in a prescription, or I received conflicting information from a nurse vs. my doctor... She is compassionate and funny (when applicable). Mainly, she’s thoughtful cares about our communication and my questions.
European, Other
3 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Egg Freezing
Unexplained, Other
How was your experience with Dan Goldschlag at Weill Cornell Medical College?
He is thoughtful and patient. Allows me to voice all my questions and concerns. Doesn’t pressure me about tough decisions or pass judgement. He is happy to consult with other doctors on my behalf, and regularly calls me to follow up with questions.
Don’t be shy. Ask all the questions you have.
He is kind, patient, and professional. Never pushy. Willing to discuss any questions. Doesn’t involve his ego or alternative agendas. I know he really cares.
Upon suffering from secondary infertility, Dr. goldschlag oversaw my fertility treatment through: IUI, IVF, PGS testing. HSG, treatment of ectopic pregnancy. Fluid aspiration. Uterine biopsy. Fresh embryo transfer, frozen embryo transfer. Reconstructive c-section scar surgery. Hysteroscopy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Tamara)
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I am a private person, so I Was sometimes annoyed by the very public systems (shouting my full name to call me into an appointment), but the staff is generally very kind. I have struggled with the call-back systems, but I think that’s par for the course.
There were often a lot of people there, but I was seen in a logical “first come, first serve” fashion.
45K through insurance, approx. 150K out of pocket
He advised me on the risk of multiples, but allowed me to make the decision on how many embryos to transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College.
In the past 2 years, I sometimes had a nurse forget to call in a prescription, or I received conflicting information from a nurse vs. my doctor; I was able to catch the misalignment and follow up to have those issues fixed. Dr. Goldschlag made an effort to assign me 1-2 trusted nurses to handle my calls so I felt more secure.
Dan Goldschlag
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Dan Goldschlag at Weill Cornell Medical College.

7 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Dr Reichman was kind and, more importantly, open and honest about my situation. He never misled me but presented me with the facts and statistics for my age and situation. He was not overly emotional and morning monitoring chats were brief but I understood there were dozens of other women waiting to see him.... I could email him directly, phone through to his staff or call an after hours service out of hours.
Weill Cornell is an incredibly busy fertility clinic so it can sometimes feel like a factory - mainly because of the sheer volume of women in the waiting with you and the fact that your doctor has to move quickly to other patients during morning monitoring appointments. Despite of that I felt like their care was excellent.... Sarah M. Fricke checked in with me almost every day during my egg donor selection, retrieval and transfer. She explained my medication procedures in detail
7 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Reichman was kind and, more importantly, open and honest about my situation. He never misled me but presented me with the facts and statistics for my age and situation. He was not overly emotional and morning monitoring chats were brief but I understood there were dozens of other women waiting to see him. He was positive and smart and I felt like his guidance was well informed and followable.
Weill Cornell is a huge clinic so your one on one time with Dr Reichman will be limited (unless you've booked a specific hour long appointment to talk over things in depth.) Don't let that distract you from the fact that he's 100% professional and kind - and will be very honest with you about your potential success rates.
Weill Cornell is an incredibly busy fertility clinic so it can sometimes feel like a factory - mainly because of the sheer volume of women in the waiting with you and the fact that your doctor has to move quickly to other patients during morning monitoring appointments. Despite of that I felt like their care was excellent. Dr Reichman was always warm, efficient and honest. And I could email him directly, phone through to his staff or call an after hours service out of hours.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Sarah M. Fricke)
Sarah M. Fricke checked in with me almost every day during my egg donor selection, retrieval and transfer. She explained my medication procedures in detail (1 1/2 hours in person) and was smart, organized and a great communicator. She responded to every email and question very quickly and efficiently.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Big and busy with a slight tendency to seem like a factory due to the amount of women they're treating. But underneath that facade is very competent and knowledgable team of doctors that make you feel as calm as possible during a very emotional and stressful time.
So far I've spend just under $70K on 8 rounds (with minimal amounts covered on my health care due to my age)
I used a donor egg and due to her young age she had great results with good quality embryos so Dr Reichman advised on a single embryo transfer. Also due to my age and health risks involved. If I had been younger or the embryos of poorer quality he would have considered transferring two embryos. This was all discussed with me and agreed upon.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College.
I had an appointment mix up on the day of an IUI that was more to do with the desk staff than anyone else. It was resolved by calling the after hours line and the hospital coordinator looked into the situation personally to make sure it didn't occur again. And one time (during 8 rounds) that a prescription wasn't called in due to a technical error. This was rectified quickly.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Pereira went above and beyond in his care for us, typically responding to emails within a few hours, setting up additional appointments if we had questions, and sometimes even calling us after hours or on the weekends to review results or make us feel at ease. He always took our emotions, questions and concerns seriously... We did four IUIs (three with Clomid/Letrozole) that did not result in pregnancy. We then moved onto IVF and transferred a PGS tested embryo
Monitoring hours [at Weill Cornell] ran like a well-oiled machine. I also got to see Dr Pereira for every single ultrasound monitoring (except a couple occasions when he was out of town) instead of being bounced around to different doctors every day, which was nice for continuity purposes.... very well-run and organized. From scheduling appointments, meeting with the genetic counselor, taking the IVF class, reviewing billing questions, etc, the process ran very smoothly
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Pereira is a world-class doctor that we highly recommend. He was knowledgeable, thorough and methodical, and made tweaks in our treatment to find the best fit which ultimately led to a successful pregnancy. He was a clear communicator in terms of benefits/risks of different tests and treatments and made sure we were comfortable every step of the process. Most important, he was kind, compassionate and accessible, which is incredibly important for patients struggling physically, mentally and emotionally with infertility. Dr Pereira went above and beyond in his care for us, typically responding to emails within a few hours, setting up additional appointments if we had questions, and sometimes even calling us after hours or on the weekends to review results or make us feel at ease. He always took our emotions, questions and concerns seriously particularly when we were uncertain how things would turn out. Dr Pereira had a nice sense of humor, which helped lighten the mood and made this process as pleasant as it could be given the circumstances. It was bittersweet to 'graduate' from Dr Pereira, as we would have loved to stay on with him as our OB. We are now in the final stages of our pregnancy, and continue to think fondly of him for getting us to this point. There is no question that we will work with Dr Pereira again when we decide to have our second child.
Ask all the questions you need to in order to feel comfortable with the series of tests, treatments, medicine, etc. Dr Pereira is patient and very willing to make sure you have all the information you need.
At our consultation, Dr Pereira said that he treats his patients family and this was completely true in the one year that we worked with him to achieve pregnancy. He was kind, compassionate and went above and beyond to make sure all of our questions and concerns were addressed. Whether we wanted to discuss next steps in detail or test results, he would always welcome setting up additional appointments, responding quickly by email, or even calling us after hours / on the weekends to make sure we felt at ease.
We did four IUIs (three with Clomid/Letrozole) that did not result in pregnancy. We then moved onto IVF and transferred a PGS tested embryo via unmedicated FET. Unfortunately it did not take, so we did a hysteroscopy to rule out uterine issues. We did a second egg retrieval and medicated FET with a PGS tested embryo, which resulted in our current pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College.
The main nurse that we interacted with was knowledgeable, patient and organized. She always followed up with results, protocol adjustments or other directions and was clear in her communication. In general, the nursing staff that I interacted with for blood tests and ultrasounds were all friendly and put me at ease.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic is very well-run and organized. From scheduling appointments, meeting with the genetic counselor, taking the IVF class, reviewing billing questions, etc, the process ran very smoothly and we knew who to go to for specific questions. The office and equipment are fairly new and in great condition.
Monitoring hours ran like a well-oiled machine. I also got to see Dr Pereira for every single ultrasound monitoring (except a couple occasions when he was out of town) instead of being bounced around to different doctors every day, which was nice for continuity purposes.
Part of IUIs/first round of IVF was covered by insurance. Second round of IVF was paid entirely out of pocket because we had used up our insurance infertility benefit.
Dr Pereira recommended transferring just one embryo due to my age, body size, and genetically normal embryo.

Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr Rosenwaks is thorough and ensures I am monitored frequently, he then may make changes to the plan based on the results of my monitoring to ensure the best possible result.... Dr Rosenwaks did not prescribe a cookie-cutter treatment for me ahead of time, he had me come in often for monitoring and then tailored the plan based on the daily monitoring results.... My trigger shot was initially going to be with Novarel but the team became concerned about high risk for OHSS
Strengths: The staff here [Weill Cornell] are experts in their field. Morning monitoring starts at 6:30am 7 days a week, if you arrive prior to 6:30am you can sign in and sit in the waiting room... Weaknesses: The front desk staff seem unhappy....Twice I have arrived for morning monitoring and there are no orders for lab work, the tech then asks me what labs need to be drawn.... Katia is absolutely wonderful - she is very organized, compassionate, and communicates clearly.
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Zev Rosenwaks at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Rosenwaks is thorough and ensures I am monitored frequently, he then may make changes to the plan based on the results of my monitoring to ensure the best possible result. Dr Rosenwaks is an EXPERT, and in fact he has trained countless other physicians in his field.
You are in good hands.
The IVF cycle was with gonal-F, menopur, and cetrotide. My trigger shot was initially going to be with Novarel but the team became concerned about high risk for OHSS so Dr Rosenwaks switched me to a dual-trigger to reduce my risk. I ended up with 18 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 15 fertilized, 12 made it to blastocyst.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Katia Cossé (nee Derthick))
Katia is absolutely wonderful - she is very organized, compassionate, and communicates clearly. She replies to messages in a timely manner. When she is not in the office, the other nurses who have filled in for her have not been as on top of things and during these instances I have received misinformation.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Strengths: The staff here are experts in their field. Morning monitoring starts at 6:30am 7 days a week, if you arrive prior to 6:30am you can sign in and sit in the waiting room - the waiting room has plenty of comfortable chairs. Weaknesses: The front desk staff seem unhappy. I am leaning that the treatment plan for infertility often changes over time (which is a strength), but the covering staff does not always know/clearly communicate the current plan (the weakness part).
Morning monitoring starts at 6:30am, however you can arrive prior to that to sign in, which is helpful if it's important for you to be in and out quickly. The waiting room is spacious and has plenty of chairs. Generally for AM bloodwork and US I am there for ~45min.
The initial consultation with Dr Rosenwaks was approx $600-700 out of pocket. The lab work, egg retrieval, and embryo transfer were mainly covered by insurance and I was responsible for the co-pays.
Dr Rosenwaks is very direct that he only does eSET and does not do multiple embryo transfer due to the additional risks that it presents.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Twice I have arrived for morning monitoring and there are no orders for lab work, the tech then asks me what labs need to be drawn. My insurance requires that I go through a specialty mail order pharmacy (which requires that the medication is ordered 2 weeks before hand to ensure I receive it on time) - on a Saturday over a holiday weekend I received a surprise call to start a medication the NEXT day after embryo transfer. There was no way the mail order pharmacy could get this to me in time so I had to obtain it from a local pharmacy for $300 for just a 10 day supply.

Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr Reichman suggested a single embryo transfer for us and we were in agreement! I think he evaluates each patient individually to see what makes the most sense for each....He did an excellent job of explaining the series of tests we would complete and how those outcomes would shape our treatment going forward...Dr Reichman actually came uptown on a day that he was not on call to do our transfer for us and it was such a positive experience. I
The clinic is wonderful! The staff is comprised of so many high quality people and the office runs so efficiently as a result. I've never been to a more organized doctors office. I really appreciated how easy early morning monitoring appointments were - I was typically in and out and on my way to work in 15 minutes! The facilities feel new - they are clean and modern....She worked with my insurance company directly to make sure I had everything I needed and the process was completely seamless
Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Reichman is absolutely the best and we had such a positive experience working with him. We initially had an appointment with him in April but were fortunate enough to see him in February after putting ourselves on a wait-list for an earlier appointment. From that very first appointment, I knew we were in great hands. Dr Reichman is brilliant. He did an excellent job of explaining the series of tests we would complete and how those outcomes would shape our treatment going forward. He made great suggestions when necessary. He answered all of our questions in great detail and with honesty. He has a gentle way of telling it like it is and we found that to be very refreshing and reassuring - we really put our trust in him and he didn't let us down. I appreciated his upbeat and positive demeanor at 6:30am monitoring appointments and his quick responses to our numerous emails - many of which we sent him well outside of his normal business hours. Dr Reichman is kind and compassionate. When our first transfer wasn't a success he called us himself, shared in our disappointment and really reassured us that this would work - we just needed to try again. Our second attempt was a success! Dr Reichman actually came uptown on a day that he was not on call to do our transfer for us and it was such a positive experience. I really attribute the success of this transfer to him being there for us, not only because he is amazing at what he does but because his energy in the OR was so caring, positive and uplifting.
Trust him! This process can be scary and overwhelming at times but you can rely on him to guide you through it each step of the way. Don't be afraid to ask him questions, take comfort in the fact that he is an expert and know that he really wants you to have success and he will do everything he can to make it happen for you. Believe in him!
Dr Reichman is incredible! He is both brilliant and kind and he really took the time to get to know us. It was very apparent that he was invested in our treatment and really wanted a positive outcome for us each step of the way. He went out of his way to come uptown to take care of our second transfer (on a day that he was not on call) and this transfer worked!
Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide, Lupron, Pregnyl, Endometrin Results were excellent! 13 eggs retrieved 8 mature eggs 8 fertilized 7 day 5 embryos 4 PGS normal embryos
Christine was outstanding and I absolutely loved working with her. She is smart, compassionate and extremely organized! I always looked forward to hearing from her with instructions or results and she was always so quick to respond to my calls and emails. She worked with my insurance company directly to make sure I had everything I needed and the process was completely seamless. She celebrated with us when we had good news and was empathetic and encouraging in more difficult times. She always made me feel like I had a friend in my corner throughout this process and while I am ecstatic to have had success and be moving forward, I will miss her! The nursing team in general is incredible - everyone is so kind and caring. I seriously considered a second career as a nurse after interacting with this team.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Monitoring was extremely efficient! I would arrive when the office opened at 6:30am and I would consistently be out and on my way to work by 6:45am even with both blood-work and ultrasound!
Our insurance covered all costs except for PGS!
+ Read more- Read less

While Dr. Rosenwaks is quite blunt and not very delicate, you can tell how much passion he has for his work and you as a patient. The first day we met him (initial consultation) he spent more than hour with my husband and me, discussing our history, personally doing a physical exam, and even took a photo of my husband and me (presumably to put faces to the names).... While he is not very delicate in his approach to care, know he cares, is always working for the good of his patients,
Strengths - physicians [at Weill Cornell] are making decisions as a team, excellent team based approach between the doctors and the nurses. Compassion and going above and beyond by all members of the care team... Weaknesses - there were a few times when we felt like they dropped the ball during our first cycle. For instance, when I met with the nurse to review the IVF instructions, she mentioned consent forms and a packet/folder.
How was your experience with Zev Rosenwaks at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I don’t even know where to start... we’ve done two cycles with him, just finished the egg second egg retrieval. He is nothing short of brilliant, thoughtful, and compassionate. I broke down and started crying when I spoke with him over the phone when he mentioned the possibility of a second cycle... he was kind and referred me to his main administrative assistant who ended up finding significant financial assistance for us. He was also in constant contact with my husband and me after I experienced a rare reaction to progesterone injections. All this in the setting of living 3-4 hours away from the clinic. The only downside is he is not a great communicator... does not always tell you what he’s thinking or why, had some issues with calls back regarding a plan moving forward.
While he is not very delicate in his approach to care, know he cares, is always working for the good of his patients, and is at the top of his practice with respect to his approach to treatment.
While Dr. Rosenwaks is quite blunt and not very delicate, you can tell how much passion he has for his work and you as a patient. The first day we met him (initial consultation) he spent more than hour with my husband and me, discussing our history, personally doing a physical exam, and even took a photo of my husband and me (presumably to put faces to the names). We were very impressed with all of this.
First cycle - Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix added in towards the end as the antagonist. Hcg trigger shot was 10,000 units. 14 eggs retrieved, 10 mature, 9 fertilized with ICSI. 1 early blastocyst transferred day 5, negative pregnancy test. Others were multinucleated and did not even approach the blastocyst stage. Trigger shot was done a little early based previous failed cycles with a different clinic, which produced no blastocysts between 2 cycles. Second cycle - clomid for five days total, after three days started follistim and menopur. Added cetrotide in after a few days. Hcg was 10000 units again. Had egg retrieval today, sounds like 10 eggs but won’t know until tomorrow how many, maturity, fertilization results. Not sure why the clomid first, other than I was using all donated medications and this is very inexpensive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Devon Klauck for first cycle, Katia for second)
The second nurse, Katia, as well as her other colleagues were extremely compassionate and kind. Devon (who I believe does not work there anymore) was quite cold, it appeared, and lacked the compassion shown by others.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Strengths - physicians are making decisions as a team, excellent team based approach between the doctors and the nurses. Compassion and going above and beyond by all members of the care team, especially Shannon C. and Waleska P. Weaknesses - there were a few times when we felt like they dropped the ball during our first cycle. For instance, when I met with the nurse to review the IVF instructions, she mentioned consent forms and a packet/folder... we never got those though were supposed to have gotten them when checking in for the first daily monitoring appointment. Communication after cycle failure with our doctor was not great, he would say he’d need to ask the embryologists to review everything and he would really need to think about it, but did not call back with any updates. Two weeks later I finally emailed asking for an update, which was met with apologies for the late responses. Things a new patient would want to know - it may be busy/crowded (which was how I felt when I walked into the clinic for monitoring the first time), but they are generally a well-run clinic. Dr. Rosenwaks might not be cheery or delicate, but he is kind, compassionate, and great at what he does.
Some days were very busy and four of us would be called at a time and placed into rooms one by one. Other times, it was not that busy and one 1 or 2 would be called at a time. Sometimes you do bloodwork first, sometimes ultrasound first. There is a window from 6:30-8:30 am to get the monitoring done, so you show up and check in with the front desk sometime between those hours.
Since our insurance did not cover ANYTHING related to ART, we estimated the whole thing (IVF cycle, retrieval and hospital fees, parking, medications etc.) put us close to $25,000. We also live 3-4 hours away so would sometimes stay overnight, which also added to that cost.
Generally I think he prefers single embryo transfers, at least in younger patients. Other than that, we never had more than one so that wasn’t really applicable or discussed.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Did not receive the folder of information which included all the consent forms that needed to be signed prior to starting the cycle. We received various forms when someone would ask about that specific one. When I received the folder for the second cycle 6 months later, it had very helpful information about research studies, a support group, etc. which I wished I would have known about the first time.

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
We were living abroad when we went through the treatment with Dr. Chung. He makes an effort to go over the procedure and results with us either over the phone or in person when we were in NY. However, he does seem to be in a rush all the time...We did 3 retrievals with him, each time it failed to yield a PGTA normal embryo...we asked him multiple times to consider doing something different to improve the results but he refused.
[Weill Cornell has] a lot of patients cycle through so it's not as personal as a private clinic. Don't expect to see your doctor on every monitoring appointment. He / she may not do your retrieval or transfer. each doctor only does retrieval one day a week...The nurse had a hard time figure out how to coordinate with us because we were living overseas and did the first few days of monitoring outside of country. I would like to note the genetic counsel who communicated the final results to us was horrible. she had zero compassion and knowledge.
Investor
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Pak Chung at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pak Chung takes very straight and narrow approach to IVF , a process that has a lot variability. We did 3 retrievals with him, each time it failed to yield a PGTA normal embryo from a total of 14 highly rated day 5 embryos. Throughout the process, we asked him multiple times to consider doing something different to improve the results but he refused. We are now under the care of CCRM, the doctor there was very surprised by Dr. Chung's approach to stick with the same protocol after seeing the same results in 3 rounds. I think Dr. Chung's approach may work with 75% of the patients but if you have a tough/ unique case and requires the doctor to think out of box, you should not go to Dr. Chung. He sticks with the same general protocol. Being a part of an academic organization, the doctors there are super conservative. They would not go out of their way to help the patient.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Pak Chung at Weill Cornell Medical College?
If you have a tough case and his protocol didn't work for the first time, I would think very hard about staying with him. Get a second opinion. Be prepared with questions when you meet with him. He can be very intimidating sometimes but you need to be your own advocate.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Pak Chung at Weill Cornell Medical College?
We were living abroad when we went through the treatment with Dr. Chung. He makes an effort to go over the procedure and results with us either over the phone or in person when we were in NY. However, he does seem to be in a rush all the time so better get your questions prepared ahead of time.
Describe the protocols Pak Chung used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
I am a good responder to stim so he used the same protocol for all three rounds: 225 gonal F/ 150 Menopur then added grlx use 5000 IU HCG trigger
The nurse had a hard time figure out how to coordinate with us because we were living overseas and did the first few days of monitoring outside of country. I would like to note the genetic counsel who communicated the final results to us was horrible. she had zero compassion and knowledge. her name was Ann Carlson. She didn't know how to explain our results and completely dismissed our results because they were abnormal. She would make these conclusions about the embryos without any data and told us it's based on her gut feeling. I am floored with how unprofessional she was. You should definitely request a different genetic counselor if you go to Cornell. She added so much stress to our process. We deserve better.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Go to Cornell for their lab - we got much better fertilization rate; They have a lot of patients cycle through so it's not as personal as a private clinic. Don't expect to see your doctor on every monitoring appointment. He / she may not do your retrieval or transfer. each doctor only does retrieval one day a week.
cattle call but efficient.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Pak Chung at Weill Cornell Medical College.
mine was mostly covered by my insurance. Don't recall the exact cost
Describe Pak Chung's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
I think Cornell does up to 2 for day 5 and 3-4 for day 3 (not 100% sure)
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Please see my note about the genetic counselor above. My recommendation is request a different one if you get assigned to Ann Carlson.
Pak Chung
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Pak Chung at Weill Cornell Medical College.

Dr. Reichman gave me his full and complete attention and I felt like he genuinely cared about the outcome of this difficult process... During my first cycle, though 23 eggs were retrieved the fertilization rate was low and ultimately there were no genetically healthy embryos. I was devastated and Dr Reichman was attuned and empathic and we moved forward and he has plans to make adjustments during next cycle of IVF in order to address the issues w fertilization.
The tribeca office [Weill Cornell Medical College] is very pleasant, clean, spacious, bright...nice artwork! Busy but you also feel like there is something personable and private. Staff friendly and positive. I can’t come up with any negatives about tribeca... I have never been to a medical practice that runs this smoothly- and it is remarkable given the volume of patients here. Even during monitoring visits, I was most often in-and-out. Phlebotomists, nurses, front desk lovely and always friendly and quick!
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Since our first meeting with Dr Reichman we have trusted him, had the utmost confidence in him and have felt like he has genuinely cared about the outcome of our process. He is direct and honest, compassionate and thoughtful through setbacks, reassuring and confident, and pleasant to interact with. He responds within hours to emails/phone calls. We felt like we were a team.
See him!
Cornell is a busy practice and at times in the waiting room you feel like just a number. However, when interacting directly with Dr Reichman (and his team) I always felt like I was his only patient. Dr. Reichman gave me his full and complete attention and I felt like he genuinely cared about the outcome of this difficult process
We have a 2.5yr old who was conceived naturally. After trying for 6+ months for a second child we saw Dr Reichman. Given my history he suggested IUI/clomid. We did 2 rounds with no success. He read my disappointment and we agreed together to do IVF. During my first cycle, though 23 eggs were retrieved the fertilization rate was low and ultimately there were no genetically healthy embryos. I was devastated and Dr Reichman was attuned and empathic and we moved forward and he has plans to make adjustments during next cycle of IVF in order to address the issues w fertilization. Second cycle was a success- 30-something eggs, 15 fertilized and 3 genetically healthy embryos.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The tribeca office is very pleasant, clean, spacious, bright...nice artwork! Busy but you also feel like there is something personable and private. Staff friendly and positive. I can’t come up with any negatives about tribeca
+ Read more- Read less

My first appointment with Dr. Reichman was more of a level-set; we talked about my health history, how long we'd be trying and what our options were...I felt cared for and listened to every step of the way. I don't think I've ever had a doctor I've trusted more...Over the course of seven months, we did five IUIs with no luck, moving on to IVF...Dr. Reichman stayed positive. I remember every time I got my period after a failed IUI I would go to see him and his first response would something warm and encouraging.
In total we paid approximately $20,000 just for IVF [at Weill Cornell Medical College]...I have only good things to say about WCM. It was clean, the staff organized and friendly. Sometimes the waiting room was crazy crowded and you'd have to wait for a while, but to be expected in New York...I spent a lot of time at WCM. I stopped counting after my 60th appointment. Yet somehow sometimes I would oddly look forward to those early morning appointments, which often required me to get probed and poked for blood work, etc. It was definitely because the staff was SO lovely and friendly, especially the nurse Christine who was clear and concise and had super positive energy, which I loved.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I came to Weill Cornell with very little understanding of how fertility treatments worked or what the process was for someone like me who wasn't getting pregnant after months of trying. I'd researched a bit on the internet and chatted with friends, but there was a lot of conflicting information out there and it really seemed like fertility treatment depended so much upon the individual and their circumstance. My gynecologist at the time was extremely unhelpful answering fertility questions — she basically told me to come back in a year if I still wasn't pregnant, and that was that. I was so discouraged and really wasn't sure what to expect with WCM. My first appointment with Dr. Reichman was more of a level-set; we talked about my health history, how long we'd be trying and what our options were. From the very beginning, Dr. Reichman made it clear that his objective was to get us pregnant, and he was going to do everything in his power to make that happen. I could tell he was incredibly smart and an expert in his field, which made both my husband and I feel reassured and confident in his plan. As Dr. Reichman's patient, I felt cared for and listened to every step of the way. I don't think I've ever had a doctor I've trusted more.
Trust his judgement. Though it can of course be helpful to do your own research or talk to other women about IVF, I honestly never took anyone else's advice over his. If you have a question, no matter how silly, ask it and he will answer.
From my first appointment to my very last, Dr. Reichman made me feel like my case was a top priority. He always remembered my husband's name, what I did for work, and snippets from our previous conversations. He never compared me to other patients like some doctors do (which can make you feel like just another patient in a long line of patients), unless of course it was relevant or he was sharing an example. Dr. Reichman always responded to my questions honestly and openly. I knew he was working hard and following all of the right steps to get us where we wanted to be.
Over the course of seven months, we did five IUIs with no luck, moving on to IVF in June of 2018. It was a bit of a rollercoaster those seven months — taking meds for two weeks then doing the procedure, then waiting the ten days....and every time is wasn't the answer we wanted. But Dr. Reichman stayed positive. I remember every time I got my period after a failed IUI I would go to see him and his first response would something warm and encouraging. After our 5th failed IUI we decided to do IVF and I was actually really relieved and excited for it. Dr. Reichman carefully explained what IVF would entail and WCM offered a helpful course, so we began the process with all of our questions answered, ready to go. All in, the 10 days or so of medication and daily monitoring wasn't so bad. Mostly it was enormously disruptive to my schedule but I didn't experience any pain or mishaps. We got 25 eggs which was a huge success, and ended up with 6 embryo. And as luck would have it, Dr. Reichman was able to do my transfer which made me really happy. That first transfer was successful, and I don't think I've ever been more excited than when I got the call confirming my bloodwork.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I found that getting there early was always best (and the nurses tipped me off to this), so waiting wasn't too much of an issue. The clinic was well-run, super organized and had an overall welcoming environment.
In total we paid approximately $20,000 just for IVF. IUIS I believe were about $1,000 each.
+ Read more- Read less

I was warmly greeted by the doctor [Dr. Elias] by name and handshake. He took over an hour to explain all the details of my specific case and my available options. This doctor is not only interested in solving the problem, but to ensure the patient's level of comfort...After reviewing all of my documentation he was able to provide a potential diagnosis....not a fibroid at all but rather a blocked Fallopian tube. Not only could this be causing my pain, but could be the reason my IVF cycle was unsuccessful. He is thoughtful, cautious, kind, caring and patient. All the things that a doctor should be. I am willing to drive from LI to Westchester for him to be my doctor.
[Weill Cornell] does not accept my insurance plan so I was a self-pay patient...I was told that I had to pay upfront and then get a form that I could submit to my insurance for reimbursement...The office staff was organized in explaining and obtaining the necessary paperwork. I was seen by the provider in a timely manner in relation to my appointment. I do wish that the office had a direct # that is not affiliated with the main # for NY Presby/Weill Cornell. I had received a phone call the morning of my appointment that I missed. When I called back the # I spoke to the answering service telling me the office was closed when I just received a message.
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I have always experienced pain in the area of my right ovary at first during when I thought I was ovulating. Over the years this pain got progressively worse and more frequent. I was told by my OB/GYN that it was a uterine fibroid on the outside of the uterus in the back and it was sitting on a blood vessel. I sought fertility treatment from the Chief of a well known health system on LI. He advised me that he wasn't sure it was a fibroid, but rather it was a "mass". An MRI of the Pelvis showed absolutely nothing but the pain was even occurring during my period. I had a round of IVF in which I had 13 mature egg and all of them fertilized. A grade A embryo was implanted and it didn't take. We were devastated to say the least. I sought Dr. Elias for a 2nd opinion as I knew something was not right. After reviewing all of my documentation he was able to provide a potential diagnosis....not a fibroid at all but rather a blocked Fallopian tube. Not only could this be causing my pain, but could be the reason my IVF cycle was unsuccessful. He is thoughtful, cautious, kind, caring and patient. All the things that a doctor should be. I am willing to drive from LI to Westchester for him to be my doctor.
Don't be afraid to voice your concerns or questions as he is very willing to listen and give an explanation in layman's terms.
I was warmly greeted by the doctor by name and handshake. He took over an hour to explain all the details of my specific case and my available options. This doctor is not only interested in solving the problem, but to ensure the patient's level of comfort.
Describe the protocols Rony Elias used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
Dr. Elias has prescribed a HSG to confirmed discussed diagnosis. Based on the results a Hysteroscopy is possible.
I have not had any interaction with the nursing staff at this clinic as I have not gotten past the testing stage.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Dr. Elias does not accept my insurance plan so I was a self-pay patient. My plan does have out-of-network benefits, however, I was told that I had to pay upfront and then get a form that I could submit to my insurance for reimbursement.
Dr. Elias explained that due to a number of factors including advanced maternal age as well as other medical issues I would be prudent to only transfer one embryo for not only a positive outcome for pregnancy but to my long term health.
Rony Elias