Genetic counseling: Offered
2315 Broadway
Westchester
657 Main Street
Mount Kisco, NY 10549
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Weill Cornell Medical College to a friend?

19 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Stewart called me several times throughout the process to review medications and next steps. I also saw him for the majority of my monitoring appointments, which very meaningful for me...I was initially intimidated by the egg freezing process - it is obviously a highly emotional decision. Dr. Stewart and his team simplified the process and gave me all of the information that I needed, allowing me to feel empowered by the decision I was making. I felt supported by Dr. Stewart; he is not only approachable, but also reachable.
When I did my egg freezing cycle, I was living in Brooklyn and working in Manhattan. I was so pleased that Cornell has locations in both places, making it super easy and convenient for me to get to various appointments throughout the process...From initial visit to the daily monitoring / calls with medication instructions, the nurses were super straightforward and clear...I felt very lucky to get to see my own doctor for the majority of my monitoring appointments. While the practice is busy, I always felt individually attended to and cared for.
19 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Joshua Stewart at Weill Cornell Medical College?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joshua Stewart at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Feel comfortable asking all the questions you have. Dr. Stewart will answer them honestly and quickly.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joshua Stewart at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Describe the protocols Joshua Stewart used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
I started injections on day two of my period. I took two daily injections for the first five / six days and then three daily injections for the remainder of the cycle. My last day of injections was a lupron 'trigger' shot.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joshua Stewart at Weill Cornell Medical College.
My initial appointment and the majority of my cycle/medications were covered by insurance provided by my employer; my out of pocket expense was around $1000. I now pay $300/quarter for storage.
Describe Joshua Stewart's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
2020
Dr. Stewart is a wonderful physician who uses his expertise to build a fertility plan for his patients designed specifically for them. He thoroughly discussed my diagnosis with me and was extremely empathetic and compassionate while delivering my care. During our last IUI cycle, he was able to work around the death of my uncle. He cares about you as a person and your quality of life...I was diagnosed with PCOS and did 4 IUIs. Once I was diagnosed with PCOS, I started Metformin. During the preparation for the first IUI, I happened to be ovulating on my own so no additional medications were taken for this IUI. My husband was also diagnosed with a varicocele and Dr. Stewart referred him to an excellent surgeon. For the last 3 IUIs, I took letrozole for ovulation and Ovidrel as the trigger injection. We were successful on our 4th IUI and are currently expecting twins.
The care from Dr. Stewart and his team [at Weill Cornell Medical College] is extremely personal. His care is exceptional from the moment you begin working with him...Sarah [nurrse] was fabulous. She was always available for any questions, and would promptly follow up same day post labs. She was compassionate and connected with me on a personal level. She works wonderfully with Dr. Stewart as they both connect with you to deliver your care plan.
How was your experience with Joshua Stewart at Weill Cornell Medical College?
You are in excellent care with Dr. Stewart. Trust the process and his expertise and don't be afraid to ask any questions or reach out.
The care from Dr. Stewart and his team is extremely personal. His care is exceptional from the moment you begin working with him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Sarah)
Sarah was fabulous. She was always available for any questions, and would promptly follow up same day post labs. She was compassionate and connected with me on a personal level. She works wonderfully with Dr. Stewart as they both connect with you to deliver your care plan.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The Weill Cornell clinic is exceptional. All the staff I encountered were kind and provided excellent care. Different NPs performed 3 of my IUIs and each one explained each part of the process and made sure I was comfortable the entire time.
I was fortunate enough to have insurance coverage for my care with Dr. Stewart. I paid a $35 copay for each appointment and IUI and $30 for each trigger injection.
Brooklyn

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Joshua Stewart at Weill Cornell Medical College.

2019 - 2020
From our first consultation, Dr. Stewart wanted to get to know us as a couple and individually. He expressed the fertility journey can be tough and he would be here for us all along the way - after every blood test or result, he would call us....not just his nurses. He took extra steps to ensure we knew he was one call away for any questions or concerns. He’s the most attentive and engaged doctor I’ve ever had...We did have a chemical pregnancy / miscarriage and he was there for us emotionally as a doctor and helped us navigate what to do next. I cannot say better things about him as a doctor (and fertility support coach)!
Both nurses [at Weill Cornell Medical College] were warm and welcoming every time I saw them or heard from them...Brooklyn office is great particularly with COVID, you aren’t at a hospital with multiple floors and patient rooms - it’s just 1 floor and you can go in and out. All IUIs are done uptown but day to day appointments are in Brooklyn...We went with IUI from the beginning so it was only one strategy. After 3 attempts he still felt confident we would conceive given my results previously had continued to show growth in a positive way - 4th time, we conceived!
How was your experience with Joshua Stewart at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Stewart is attentive and truly deeply cares about his patients. Throughout our fertility journey together it felt as if I was his only patient - that’s how much he connected with us and made the time (however long) to see or speak to us. Coming into fertility as a complete unknown to us, he explained absolutely everything in detail and made sure we felt clear and confident about each of the steps. He is welcoming and attentive when you first meet him and that did not change from the time I moved on once I got pregnant. We did have a chemical pregnancy / miscarriage and he was there for us emotionally as a doctor and helped us navigate what to do next. I cannot say better things about him as a doctor (and fertility support coach)!
No question is too dumb, ask whatever questions you have...as many times as you need to! He’s patient and will make things as clear as possible for you
Both nurses were warm and welcoming every time I saw them or heard from them.
~ $250 per IUI with insurance covering majority of it

2020
He [Dr. Joshua Stewart] takes the time to listen completely and thoroughly explains every aspect of care and treatment. He also values patients opinions and comments about their care...the best doctor I have ever worked with. He is very thorough, compassionate, and has a fantastic bedside manner. It was also great that he addresses every concern on the first visit, from the consultation to the full evaluation. You leave his office knowing exactly what is going on and what the plan is to proceed. I would 100% recommended him to anyone I know and have in fact already done so to several people.
All of Dr. Stewart’s staff [at Weill Cornell Medical College] are extremely friendly and helpful. My questions were always answered promptly...The clinic is very bright and welcoming from the moment you walk in the door. The reception staff greet you quickly and the wait is never long. Appointments are also easily scheduled at the front desk. It is truly a good experience from start to finish...As someone with PCOS who does not ovulate regularly, Dr. Stewart came up with a quick and easy plan that fit my needs and wants perfectly. Luckily for us, getting pregnant was as easy as some synthroid and metformin.
How was your experience with Joshua Stewart at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Stewart is the best doctor I have ever worked with. He is very thorough, compassionate, and has a fantastic bedside manner. It was also great that he addresses every concern on the first visit, from the consultation to the full evaluation. You leave his office knowing exactly what is going on and what the plan is to proceed. I would 100% recommended him to anyone I know and have in fact already done so to several people.
He takes the time to listen completely and thoroughly explains every aspect of care and treatment. He also values patients opinions and comments about their care.
All of Dr. Stewart’s staff are extremely friendly and helpful. My questions were always answered promptly.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Only a small copay from my insurance.

31 Eggs Frozen
[Dr. Joshua Stewart] is an extremely caring and knowledgeable doctor. I felt like I was in the best hands while going through this process and would recommend him to anyone considering fertility procedures. He is truly amazing!...was very attentive and informative every step of the way, making me feel completely comfortable physically and emotionally throughout the entire process...
This clinic [Weill Cornell Medical College] seemed very clean and organized regarding appointment scheduling and documentation. Everyone I encountered had a welcoming demeanor and was ready to answer any questions or respond to any concerns...Dr. Stewart was very attentive and informative every step of the way, making me feel completely comfortable physically and emotionally throughout the entire process.
31 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Joshua Stewart at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Stewart is an extremely caring and knowledgeable doctor. I felt like I was in the best hands while going through this process and would recommend him to anyone considering fertility procedures. He is truly amazing!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
This clinic seemed very clean and organized regarding appointment scheduling and documentation. Everyone I encountered had a welcoming demeanor and was ready to answer any questions or respond to any concerns.
Brooklyn

she [Dr. Kang] thought our previous clinic overstimulated us and she was confident we could have more success with less aggressive medication regimens to stimulate eggs. The first cycle we had 4 embryos, but only 1 was viable on testing. The second cycle was cancelled. However, when we met with her for the next cycle to discuss the treatment plan, she was much colder. We stated that due to insurance, this is our last cycle and we want to optimize it. She looked at us and said, "well we go into all of our treatment cycles thinking that."
Most times the wait [at Weill Cornell] is over an hour, though recently it has been under 15 minutes. Basically very variable...Unnecessary hoops for "veteran IVFer's" to jump through, like their IVF class, retrieval class in the city, etc. Its like they have unrealistic expectations on the amount of time their demands waste on the patients lives. For instance, a trigger shot may be administered at 12 midnight, then they expect the patient to come into the city for a 6am class - regardless of where you live so you may be coming from hours away, need to drive (awful parking) or take a train (horrible schedule at that time). Meaning you get 1 hour of sleep and they just tell you to deal with it.
How was your experience with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Kang is sometimes warm and smiley, sometimes no nonsense, sometimes appears not invested. She is by the book (doesn't believe the research supports supplements, acupuncture, etc). I completed 1 egg retrieval, had 1 cancelled cycle, and about to begin another egg retrieval.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Come prepared with questions and research.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
We have done a couple of rounds of IVF retrievals with Dr. Kang. Prior to working with her, we were at RMA for 4 timed intercourse cycles, 3 IUIs, and 3 rounds of IVF. Dr. Kang started by treating us like a human at the beginning of the treatment. During the first cycle she stated that she thought our previous clinic overstimulated us and she was confident we could have more success with less aggressive medication regimens to stimulate eggs. The first cycle we had 4 embryos, but only 1 was viable on testing. The second cycle was cancelled. However, when we met with her for the next cycle to discuss the treatment plan, she was much colder. We stated that due to insurance, this is our last cycle and we want to optimize it. She looked at us and said, "well we go into all of our treatment cycles thinking that." When we asked for advice she wouldn't give us any suggestions and instead said, "Well what do you want to do?" I tried giving ideas based off of treatments I heard of through other support groups, online research, friends such as using Clomid on the male, procedures on myself, etc. She shook her head at all of them and said, "what else are you thinking?" So finally I responded, "Well, you are the professional and this is your area of expertise, I'm only telling you the little research I've done, why don't you give us some ideas based on your knowledge?" She was reluctant to come up with more suggestions but finally agreed to do a check up and after some time came up with a plan. I felt discouraged like I had to do the work on my own. Also felt as though she was not invested in our treatment after hearing we were running out of funds in our insurance plan.
Describe the protocols Hey-Joo Kang used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
1. Egg retrieval using an estrogen priming protocol (20 retrieved, 11 mature, 8 fertilized, 4 blastocysts, PGS testing 1 normal). 2. Same protocol for round 2, cycle cancelled due to poor response. 3. Will begin shortly, estrogen priming with microdose lupron flare to see if it controls eggs better.
Overall, its hit or miss. Seems like they are usually in a rush to call or se the next patient and its hard to stop them to ask questions.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Weaknesses: The billing team and clinic are very separate and they don't communicate with one another. Unnecessary hoops for "veteran IVFer's" to jump through, like their IVF class, retrieval class in the city, etc. Its like they have unrealistic expectations on the amount of time their demands waste on the patients lives. For instance, a trigger shot may be administered at 12 midnight, then they expect the patient to come into the city for a 6am class - regardless of where you live so you may be coming from hours away, need to drive (awful parking) or take a train (horrible schedule at that time). Meaning you get 1 hour of sleep and they just tell you to deal with it.
Most times the wait is over an hour, though recently it has been under 15 minutes. Basically very variable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Insurance covered but responsible for many copays, some medications.
What specific things went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College.
During the first retrieval, they changed the trigger and didn't explain why. It was after hours so I couldn't get in touch with my doctor and they were annoyed I was requesting more information about this. Also, the billing team expects patients to do all the pre-authorizations for them (my previous clinic did all this work for you). Then when medications change, they don't explain if they don't have pre-auth for it. You're expected to keep track of all of that. If you don't have strong knowledge in billing, etc. then good luck figuring it out. Also, through my insurance this clinic is considered a "center of excellence", which means no copays etc. However, they will send their tests etc to the hospital, which is out of network. So you have to constantly fight about billing. At the previous clinic I was at, no matter what was done and sent to external labs etc, you weren't responsible for even a penny. It shows the difference in the billing teams and their investment in helping their patients. then, to top it all of, you'll get mailings every few weeks asking for donations to their hospital for their "top notch care" they gave you....
Long Island

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
I felt very comfortable with her [Dr. Hey-Joo Kang]. She really is a no nonsense doctor and does not give false hope, yet, gives you all options available...She will give you options from the start and proceed with treatment quickly...Due to my diagnosis of POF, Dr. Kang started me off immediately with trying to level my hormones. She put me on a low-dose 0.05 mg of estradiol to help with hot flashes. I was given thyroid medication 0.05 mg to help my thyroid. I was given progesterone during my first IUI.
Cost for the first IUI was $800 [at Weill Cornell Medical College]...They operate very efficiently. Very organized. The receptionist is a very knowledgeable and helpful. She’s on top of her game when it comes to rescheduling or scheduling an appointment. She knows the medications and works with insurances to give you the best options. It was very pleased with how organized and helpful this establishment was...Nursing staff were all very nice. Very quick and to the point.
How was your experience with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I felt like she was on time, to the point, and really well spoken. I felt very comfortable with her. She really is a no nonsense doctor and does not give false hope, yet, gives you all options available.
She’s very to the point. She does not waste your time. She will give you options from the start and proceed with treatment quickly.
I felt like a human because she was willing to listen to me. She was very straightforward, but very kind. Right before my first IUI, she turned to me and actually said “let’s hope for a miracle.” I felt like that was more than a doctor had to say to a patient. She was kindly letting me know not to get my hopes up too high but was a small chance. This is more than any other doctor has said to me.
Nursing staff were all very nice. Very quick and to the point.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Cost for the first IUI was $800. All medications up to and throughout the first are you why were approximately $200.

2019 - 2020
Dr Kang is easily the best doctor I’ve ever been to. She is unbelievably smart, friendly, and professional. She was able to diagnose my issue right away and get me the proper course of action. When I had a failed pregnancy, she diagnosed it early on, was very straightforward about a course of action and gave me no false hope. She helped me move on from that and get me pregnant again Soon after with a healthy pregnancy...Having irregular cycles, I started with a few rounds of clomid with timed inter course. I had 1 success but it was ultimately an early MC due to an implantation issue. She caught it right away. We moved on to IUI with clomid for first round second round (successful) gonal F shots with IUI.
The nursing staff [at Weill Cornell Medical College] was amazing. Test results were given promptly on the same day and they responded to all questions within 30 min of leaving a message...With offices in NYC and garden city it was very convenient...Every office was clean and every staff member was extremely helpful. Every office was able to take on many patients at once, all while giving indivualized care...office staff is unbelievably organized. Diana or a nurse typically called back within 30-60 minutes of leaving a message with even the smallest question. This included days when the office was closed. Test results were always given promptly on the same day and the process of bloodwork and ultrasound was completed quickly no mat
How was your experience with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Kang is easily the best doctor I’ve ever been to. She is unbelievably smart, friendly, and professional. She was able to diagnose my issue right away and get me the proper course of action. When I had a failed pregnancy, she diagnosed it early on, was very straightforward about a course of action and gave me no false hope. She helped me move on from that and get me pregnant again Soon after with a healthy pregnancy. Her office staff is unbelievably organized. Diana or a nurse typically called back within 30-60 minutes of leaving a message with even the smallest question. This included days when the office was closed. Test results were always given promptly on the same day and the process of bloodwork and ultrasound was completed quickly no matter how many people were ahead of me. I can not recommend Dr Kang and this office enough. If you are considering or on the fence 100% absolutely use her!
Just be patient!!!! Not everything will happen in your first round but she knows what she is doing!
Dr Kang is absolutely amazing. She gave results and was straightforward about possible treatment plans and outcomes. She took time to answer questions and explain everything.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Sarah & Amy)
The nursing staff was amazing. Test results were given promptly on the same day and they responded to all questions within 30 min of leaving a message. Dr Kang’s assistant Diana is the most organized and professional person I have ever dealt with. She ensured every prescription was on time. She dealt with insurance no problem, scheduled appointments, and returned frantic phone calls within minutes, even when the office was closed.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Cornell is an amazing practice. With offices in NYC and garden city it was very convenient. Everyone I spoke to or dealt with was amazing. I can not recommend Cornell enough. Every office was clean and every staff member was extremely helpful. Every office was able to take on many patients at once, all while giving indivualized care.
I have great insurance so I only had to pay lab fees and co pays when pregnant.
Long Island

She [Dr. Hey-Joo Kang] is very knowledgeable about her field. She is pleasant and takes her time to speak with you especially when you might feel emotional and stress about the process. Even when you do not get to speak with her directly, her staff always call back...She is very smart and pleasant. She takes her time to speak with me and validates my concerns. She is human and always present
I like the fact that all of them [nurses at Weill Cornell] are on the same page. I did not have a preference because I was confidence in all three of them. They always return my calls and explain the next step...It's clean and welcoming....The wait is not bad especially in the morning...Jessica is very pleasant too. she takes my blood for each visit...She [Dr. Hey-Joo Kang] is very knowledgeable about her field. She is pleasant and takes her time to speak with you especially when you might feel emotional and stress about the process. Even when you do not get to speak with her directly, her staff always call back.
How was your experience with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
She is very knowledgeable about her field. She is pleasant and takes her time to speak with you especially when you might feel emotional and stress about the process. Even when you do not get to speak with her directly, her staff always call back. I have gone to another provider for fertility treatment and my experience with her makes me want to complete this treatment. I a m having a very good experience.
Stay on top of your treatment. No such thing as stupid questions. The good thing is Dr. Kang and her team are quick to answer all questions.
She is very smart and pleasant. She takes her time to speak with me and validates my concerns. She is human and always present...It may not be her, but someone from her office always call back.
Coming from a bad experience, I just feel refresh with her and I understand my options better than the last experience. One thing I will never forget that she said to me was "have confidence in your body". By the time I saw her, I had given up on my body's ability to produce anything. Now my view of my body is so positive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Amy Sarah Jenifer- All 3 of them are pleasant people)
I like the fact that all of them are on the same page. I did not have a preference because I was confidence in all three of them. They always return my calls and explain the next step
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
It's clean and welcoming. I am still not clear about the computer in the lobby, because I have never been introduce or told what to do. The wait is not bad especially in the morning. I think Dr. Kang is a super woman because every time I go for my visits, she is there...I always see her by herself and I don't know she does it. The amazing this even though, she is by herself, you do not waste time. By the way, Jessica is very pleasant too. she takes my blood for each visit
My insurance does not cover my treatment, so I will be responsible to the bill. Blood work and regular visits are covered. I will be responsible to pay between $11000-$15000

IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Kang is caring and compassionate and always treats us with respect....Dr. Kang is forward with information if asked and will always include me in the decisions. For example, when making a decision about how many embryos to transfer. Dr. Kang is caring and I feel like I'm more than just a number...I'm being referred to a hematologist before another transfer as Dr. Kang feels there may be an issue with adequate blood flow to the developing fetus.
So far one DER [atWeill Cornell] and two transfer puts us around $35,000....However, billing through insurance takes a very long time so I am unclear right now of the exact totals...The only complaints I have is the door slams and startles me and it is super quiet.i would prefer some light music in the waiting room. Otherwise, it is a pleasant and cleanly office. I am usually in and out for monitoring within 30 minutes and the early morning hours allow me to go prior to my work schedule.
IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Be ready to hear the whole truth--good or bad.
Dr. Kang is caring and compassionate and always treats us with respect.
My first transfer I took all the meds as prescribed (progesterone injections and vivelle patches) and had a negative beta. The second transfer, I was advised to take a baby aspirin and I received a positive beta. Now, I'm being referred to a hematologist before another transfer as Dr. Kang feels there may be an issue with adequate blood flow to the developing fetus. I feel as though each step gets me closer to a successful pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine Zotto)
Christine always calls with my levels and ensures I follow the protocol for my medications.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
So far one DER and two transfer puts us around $35,000. We do have some insurance coverage and are hoping this overall cost is much less. However, billing through insurance takes a very long time so I am unclear right now of the exact totals.
Describe Hey-Joo Kang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Dr. Kang advised just one embryo at a time for me due to the percentages and risks associated with multiples. I trust in Dr. Kang's professional advice.
Long Island

Dr. Goldshlag is cordial, knowledgeable, and thorough. He explains procedures clearly with plenty of detail. He offers options to patients that might need them. Dr. Goldshlag and his staff are constantly revising their practice to reflect newer technology, chemistry and more scientifically beneficial procedures for his current patients and for future ones.
Dr. Goldshlag is cordial, knowledgeable, and thorough. He explains procedures clearly with plenty of detail....Nurses were cordial, personable, thorough, and called me back promptly if there I had any questions. ...I had trouble with the billing, not on the part of the hospital, but my insurance. Please make sure to ask all the billing and finance questions you need, and take notes during the financial consultation. this is NOT a fault on the part of the clinic, but rather issues that came up with my insurance company. Ask for the names of procedures and CPT codes, etc. The more informed you are, the easier it is to get coverage later.
How was your experience with Dan Goldschlag at Weill Cornell Medical College?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Dan Goldschlag at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Ask all the questions you want; Dr. Goldshlag and his staff are happy to help you with any and all concerns that you might have. Have a good PCP who is willing to help you on your IVF journey. Despite direct contact from my nurse team, I had some physicians that made it rather difficult to get medication on Dr. Goldshlag's recommendation. Also, make sure you understand the billing, and that you get a list of CPT codes and procedures in the event that your insurance needs all this information. It is sometimes difficult to argue with insurance without the jargon in hand.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Dan Goldschlag at Weill Cornell Medical College?
After my first failed cycle I was upset. Upon the start of my current cycle, I got information as to why things did not work the first time (ectopic pregnancy), the percentages involved in the number of women that experience this, etc. As for my every day care, I had daily calls from the nurses following tests with individualized instructions. When I could not get in contact with the staff,I would leave a message, and my call was always returned.
Describe the protocols Dan Goldschlag used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
Suggestions to begin a synthroid regimen helped regulate my TSH levels (important for the embryo). Estrogen patches helped regulate hormones during the menses before the cycle and after the transfer. Daily injections of Ganirelix and Menopur helped the eggs grow and multiply faster. HCG ccntrolled the release. All throughout this process regular sonograms and blood tests ensured that I my hormones and "levels" were at at a level optimal for success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Susan and Allison)
Nurses were cordial, personable, thorough, and called me back promptly if there I had any questions. There is always a nurse accessible either through the phone or at the office to address any concerns. They called after every visit to report on progress and instructions. However, I would have like more of an explanation of what to expect in terms of potential side effects from treatments and procedures.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Monitoring appointments were rather efficient. I have never been in the office for more than 45 minutes, including appointment time, despite the occasional heavy crowd. No matter how high the volume of people is, the staff is always polite; as soon as they call your name, you are greeted with "How are you?" or "Nice to see you again."
Dan Goldschlag
Long Island

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Dan Goldschlag at Weill Cornell Medical College.

2013 - 2014
1 IUI, IVF
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
With a small practice out in Garden City, LI, it never felt crowded and there was rarely anyone waiting in the waiting room. NP's also gave us the proper amount of attention. The only time it felt like an IVF factory was at the Cornell facility in the city for blood draws and procedures... Dr. Kang's practice, itself, felt very small and personal.
2013 - 2014
1 IUI, IVF
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Very nice, very sweet but very thorough and direct. Did a great job keeping us informed of our different protocols and the reasoning behind them. Also did a great job keeping our spirits high. As a fellow Asian American, my wife found it very easy to trust and relate to Dr. Kang. She was the perfect balance of warmth and bluntness. Compared to our previous doctor (Dr. Hershlog) and clinic, the difference was almost night and day. Dr. Kang's practice was efficient, organized, and didn't feel as much like a "IVF Factory" like other clinics.
Trust in the protocol that she develops for you and try your best to relax and stay confident. Save your stress for when dealing with your inevitable insurance issues (no fault of Dr. Kang or her practice). And when it comes time for the weekly/daily blood tests in the city, get to the hospital as early as you can since it gets crowded quickly since everyone is trying to squeeze it in before work.
With a small practice out in Garden City, LI, it never felt crowded and there was rarely anyone waiting in the waiting room. NP's also gave us the proper amount of attention. The only time it felt like an IVF factory was at the Cornell facility in the city for blood draws and procedures. But that is expected since it's a huge hospital. Dr. Kang's practice, itself, felt very small and personal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Amy)
Nothing stood out negatively or positively. They performed their job and we had no qualms. They were helpful when called upon and we never felt like we were being brushed off.
Long Island
She [Dr. Hey Joo Kang] seemed to care but had low hopes that my ovaries would produce enough eggs each time. She also was not supported of my plan to use a midwife during the pregnancy once I was discharged from the IVF clinic. Also I wish I could have spoken to her more - whenever I had a question and left a message for her, it was rarely her who called me back...Understand that she is part of a very big system and you have to play by their rules. It's not a personalized and intimate experience.
They [Cornell] function like a well oiled machine. But that means that the personal approach is out the window. Billing department takes their job very seriously and doesn't let bills slide. There's a bill for everything! Wait times are long especially if you arrive after 7am. But I felt that I was in expert hands throughout the entire experience...They [nursing staff] were more like educators and coordinators. Their schedules were very confusing, difficult to figure out who to call when.
How was your experience with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
She seemed to care but had low hopes that my ovaries would produce enough eggs each time. She also was not supported of my plan to use a midwife during the pregnancy once I was discharged from the IVF clinic. Also I wish I could have spoken to her more - whenever I had a question and left a message for her, it was rarely her who called me back.
Office visits were with her or more often with the on call doc. Had to go to the city and wait in huge waiting room with tons of other patients for blood draw and ultrasound.
Sorry I don't really remember.
They were more like educators and coordinators. Their schedules were very confusing, difficult to figure out who to call when.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
They function like a well oiled machine. But that means that the personal approach is out the window. Billing department takes their job very seriously and doesn't let bills slide. There's a bill for everything! Wait times are long especially if you arrive after 7am. But I felt that I was in expert hands throughout the entire experience.
Just took a very very long time and felt like I was a number to them. One in a million.
Around 10,500 each time.
Long Island

Dr. Kang is an excellent doctor who connected with us in a very human and very real way. In short, she thinks the way we think and it was a great relief.... Dr. Kang is a very talented and analytical doctor. She was able to speak with us in a way that we completely understood what was happening and why. She has been very realistic about our pros and cons and our chances.... Dr. Kang used a minimum protocol for us, which is what we had in mind and what we had hoped for.
This [Weill Cornell Medical College] is a large hospital, which a large number of doctors and nurses. Coming from Long Island, there are the usual problems of having to go to Manhattan on weekends and for anything beyond monitoring. We have also had some real issues with billing, but no problems with the doctor's services.... There is a rotating team of nurses that are always friendly, reliable, and professional.... The costs are about the same as other IVF clinics.
How was your experience with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
She is a young doctor and will surprise you with her takes on the best way forward, in a very good way.
Dr. Kang used a minimum protocol for us, which is what we had in mind and what we had hoped for. We are prepping for an IVF and in the meanwhile we tried an IUI.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
This is a large hospital, which a large number of doctors and nurses. Coming from Long Island, there are the usual problems of having to go to Manhattan on weekends and for anything beyond monitoring. We have also had some real issues with billing, but no problems with the doctor's services.
The costs are about the same as other IVF clinics.
We preformed multiple embryo transfer and it was earlier than expected.

Endometriosis, PCOS, Immunological
Dr. Braverman met with us and explained thoroughly what he suspected was causing my miscarriages. He was very detailed... He ran tests on both my husband and myself and he treated me accordingly. I'm now the proud mother of a sweet boy who was born on April 2, 2018...He also always responds to my emails in very good timing. He truly deserves an award.. I've had 7 miscarriages
Investment Banker
Endometriosis, PCOS, Immunological
How was your experience with Jeffrey Braverman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Braverman ensured that he could help me. I live in Jamaica and I travel to the states to see him. I knew about him by merely researching on the internet and coming across his page. I have no regrets. I've had 7 miscarriages and one 24 weeker who died at 30 days old. After meeting with Dr Braverman last year in 2017, I left his office having hope that i could be a parent one day. He ran tests on both my husband and myself and he treated me accordingly. I'm now the proud mother of a sweet boy who was born on April 2, 2018. Dr. Braverman is the most brilliant doctor. He also always responds to my emails in very good timing. He truly deserves an award.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Braverman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
It may be costly but it's so worth it. You will get answers.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Braverman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Braverman met with us and explained thoroughly what he suspected was causing my miscarriages. He was very detailed. He is simply brilliant and the best
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Didn't use the clinic. I reside in Jamaica. This question may not be applicable to me.,....,...........,..,........................,...................,...........,......,.....................,,...,..,,...,..... ....,
Jeffrey Braverman
Long Island

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jeffrey Braverman at Weill Cornell Medical College.

2010 - 2012
Dr. Kang made me feel unbelievably comfortable and secure throughout the entire process. She possesses every possible characteristic one could ask for in a doctor! I never felt like a number and her attention to detail goes above and beyond. ... During the entire process of my IVF treatment, I felt empowered simply due to her keen and extremely detailed explanations of each step. We were always able to get in contact with her and she was always ready to answer any of my questions, or address my concerns.
The clinic [Weill Cornell Medical College - Long Island] is located in a very safe and easily accessible area with lots of parking! ... The waiting rooms are all very well stocked and very clean ... It's always very clean and the environment is warm and friendly. ... Three nursing staff were all very friendly and professional ... During the entire process of my IVF treatment, I felt empowered simply due to her [Dr. Kang] keen and extremely detailed explanations of each step.
2010 - 2012
How was your experience with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Kang made me feel unbelievably comfortable and secure throughout the entire process. She possesses every possible characteristic one could ask for in a doctor! I never felt like a number and her attention to detail goes above and beyond. I HIGHLY recommend her!
Trust her advice 100%
Dr. Kang is one of the kindest, most patient and caring doctors I've ever had the opportunity to work with. During the entire process of my IVF treatment, I felt empowered simply due to her keen and extremely detailed explanations of each step. We were always able to get in contact with her and she was always ready to answer any of my questions, or address my concerns. I never felt pressured or rushed. When we realized my IVF failed, she cried with me! I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Kang!
Three nursing staff were all very friendly and professional
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic is located in a very safe and easily accessible area with lots of parking! It's always very clean and the environment is warm and friendly. The waiting rooms are all very well stocked and very clean
Long Island

As many times as I called she [Dr. Hey-Joo Kang] was right there with us. She is sensitive to our needs and I feel her compassion in each visit. We have been working with her for two years and I would recommend her to anyone...High dosages of medication while stimming, aware of changes in mood, communicated all with doctor and clinic. We were all on the same page as far as protocol.
Results [from Weill Cornell Medical College] come back later on in the day. Waiting for blood results often were after 5pm. I was sent bills without having my insurance run, and the mismanagement of some coding is a pain to get fixed. Signing in in the AM should be seamless and the machine to sign in isn’t always working or accurate...[Monitoring appointments are] First come, first serve.
How was your experience with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
As many times as I called she was right there with us. She is sensitive to our needs and I feel her compassion in each visit. We have been working with her for two years and I would recommend her to anyone.
See her! Let her do her work and discuss options, be your own advocate, do your research and have some trust in the process.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Results come back later on in the day. Waiting for blood results often were after 5pm. I was sent bills without having my insurance run, and the mismanagement of some coding is a pain to get fixed. Signing in in the AM should be seamless and the machine to sign in isn’t always working or accurate
First come, first serve.
10500 IVF 2000 icsi
Long Island

Dr. Kang always took the time to listen to my questions and concerns. She is the second IVF physician I have seen and is by far a great example of how physicians should treat patients during this difficult process. She was very patient and caring with me...I have seen and is by far a great example of how physicians should treat patients during this difficult process. She was very patient and caring with me.
Dr. Kang's assistant [at Weill Cornell Medical College] was great. She was on top everything and was very helpful with all questions I had. At first, she may come off a little short with you, but given the volume of calls and work she deals with, she is very thorough and helpful. I felt confident with this practice...Dr. Kang always took the time to listen to my questions and concerns. She is the second IVF physician I have seen and is by far a great example of how physicians should treat patients during this difficult process. She was very patient and caring with me.
How was your experience with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Don't hesitate to ask her anything.
Dr. Hey Joo Kang has an exceptional bedside manner. She explained everything thoroughly and took the time to answer all our questions. She was very candid and delivered good and not so great news in a delicate manner. I was very pleased with her.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Dr. Kang's assistant was great. She was on top everything and was very helpful with all questions I had. At first, she may come off a little short with you, but given the volume of calls and work she deals with, she is very thorough and helpful. I felt confident with this practice.

3 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
I traveled to NYC for treatment after [Dr. Reichman]. had been recommended to me by 2 friends and after a failed cycle in my hometown, Miami...He's incredibly honest, encouraging, and provided a personalized experience - far superior than my prior experiences. I also felt my drug protocol was more personalized - he lowered my drugs (less side effects, less costly) and we had a higher # of eggs retrieved, despite starting with same # of eggs on day 3 for all 4 of my cycles. I saw him almost every visit (occasionally saw another MD for a weekend visit). I felt like he really cared about my overall success.
She [nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College] was easy to get in touch with by phone and email. I felt like she really cared about my success - she followed up on my beta tests both times (I used an outside lab), despite it being her day off both times...Initially my insurance denied covering the cycle given I had frozen eggs, but Dr. Reichman battled it out with the insurance company in a peer-to-peer, and they overturned the denial...Clinic was very efficient - in both Tribeca office and uptown. High volume but they move quickly - I never had to wait more than 5 minutes for an appointment. Front desk and other staff very pleasant.
$500K+
3 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman was the 4th reproductive endocrinologist I've seen, as I had completed 2 egg retrievals to freeze eggs (yielded 2 PGS embryos), then 1 cycle for IVF in Miami (0 PGS embryos), then 1 egg retrieval with Dr. Reichman (3 PGS embryos). I traveled to NYC for treatment after Dr. R. had been recommended to me by 2 friends and after a failed cycle in my hometown, Miami. First consult was by phone and I felt he was going to be the MD to get me pregnant - and he did, I'm 11 weeks pregnant. Overall experience with Dr. R was top notch. He's incredibly honest, encouraging, and provided a personalized experience - far superior than my prior experiences. I also felt my drug protocol was more personalized - he lowered my drugs (less side effects, less costly) and we had a higher # of eggs retrieved, despite starting with same # of eggs on day 3 for all 4 of my cycles. I saw him almost every visit (occasionally saw another MD for a weekend visit). I felt like he really cared about my overall success.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Don't be afraid to ask any question, even if it seems silly or uninformed. Dr. Reichman is patient and will answer anything.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Cornell is a big center, which was one of the main reasons I chose Cornell. (High volume usually indicates highly skilled embryologists and top notch technology). Dr. Reichman and his nurse Christine makes you feel like you are their only patient, they are so responsive! Dr. Reichman usually responded to my emails within minutes. He personally called me when we had big updates (genetic testing results, pregnancy test results). He called me when my first transfer didn't work - I was heartbroken but he immediately helped me focus on my next transfer with a detailed plan for how we'll try again (next transfer worked!).
Describe the protocols David Reichman used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
My protocol was straightforward -- 225 gonal, 150 menopur, then added cetrotide later. In previous cycle with Miami MD, we did 350 gonal, 75/150 menopur and a flare protocol (started w/ lupron). Dr. Reichman didn't think I needed such a high dosage given my weight and ovarian reserve and he was right - we got better results. For transfer, we first did a natural cycle, which didn't take. 2nd cycle was a medicated cycle, which worked.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine Lu)
Christine is super responsive and very detail oriented. She and Dr. Reichman work as a true team. She was easy to get in touch with by phone and email. I felt like she really cared about my success - she followed up on my beta tests both times (I used an outside lab), despite it being her day off both times. The other nurses were also great - they call with test results if it's a weekend. Christine takes her time and will answer any questions you have, by phone or email. I did a lot of my monitoring remotely and she was amazing with helping to coordinate. she helped me find the best options for my schedule given I was out of nyc at various times during transfer periods.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The biggest strength of Cornell is their embryologists and laboratory high tech equipment. I did a consult with a top doctor in Beverly Hills who referenced Cornell's technology as top notch and too expensive for most fertility centers. Clinic was very efficient - in both Tribeca office and uptown. High volume but they move quickly - I never had to wait more than 5 minutes for an appointment. Front desk and other staff very pleasant.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Most of my clinic/procedure costs were covered by insurance. Initially my insurance denied covering the cycle given I had frozen eggs, but Dr. Reichman battled it out with the insurance company in a peer-to-peer, and they overturned the denial. I self-paid for drugs and they helped me find the most affordable pharmacy. Dr. Reichman also worked the system to allow me to transfer my frozen eggs from another institution so they could be combined with the eggs retrieved to save costs for fertilization and genetic testing.
Describe David Reichman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Given I had PGS-tested embryos, Dr. Reichman strongly recommended transferring only 1 embryo in both of my transfers. He shared that birth defects are 4x in twins and I would be 30% chance likely to have twins.
Tribeca

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College.

2019 - 2020
Dr. Reichman created a personal connection immediately. I saw him every time I visited the practice (except for blood test only) and he always made me feel like I was a top priority, never missing a beat in knowing my history and treatment plan...He is warm and compassionate but also honest and forthcoming in setting expectations based on my condition. While some visits were very short, I never felt rushed and he sets up separate 'talk' appointments just to plan out treatment, discuss options and questions. He is also extremely responsive via email.
I never had an issue with billing, appointments, or anything else from an administrative perspective [at Weill Cornell Medical College]. Wait times vary but were never very long. All of the nurses and front desk staff that I came into contact with were professional and kind...Initially, first my appointment was maybe 8 weeks out. I asked to be placed on the wait list and got a call within a few weeks and ran down to see him. Best decision I made! From there on out appointments were frequent and easy to come by.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I felt as though I was in the best hands with Dr. Reichman from day 1. He is warm and compassionate but also honest and forthcoming in setting expectations based on my condition. While some visits were very short, I never felt rushed and he sets up separate 'talk' appointments just to plan out treatment, discuss options and questions. He is also extremely responsive via email.
I had a unique case as I do not have traditional fertility issues. He diagnosed me with Asherman's syndrome (uterine scarring) from a d&c I had a few months prior. He was able to diagnose me via saline sonogram, followed by surgery - hysteroscopy with adhesion removal. Post surgery he placed a balloon in my uterus and had estrogen treatment. 1 month post-surgery, I had a saline sonogram and HSG to confirm that the scarring had been removed, followed by monitoring to see how my lining responded post-surgery.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine)
Attentive and responsive, generally following up the same day with results.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I never had an issue with billing, appointments, or anything else from an administrative perspective. Wait times vary but were never very long. All of the nurses and front desk staff that I came into contact with were professional and kind.
I had to cover my deductible and beyond that, every visit and treatment was covered at 100%

2018 - 2020
He [Dr. David Reichman] was confident that my recurring losses were due to genetically abnormal embryos so he recommended PGS testing, which was the best call - we should have listened sooner. For my retreival we used Gonal-F, Menepur and Ganirelix and I was monitored very closely throughout the whole cycle...recommended transfering only one embryo...brought some much-needed levity that we always appreciated. Additionally, I can't say enough wonderful things about his office staff. The receptionists knew me by name and the nurses always greeted us with a smile no
Christine [nurse at Weill Cornell] was fantastic. She always called with my results, returned emails and phone calls very promptly, and answered all of my many questions without making me feel crazy (I was an anxious patient!)...Very well organized, which was always surprising to me given how busy the waiting room could get. If you arrive early enough you don't have to wait...Every team member, whether it be a receptionist or nurse, was always patient and kind which makes a big difference when you are struggling with infertility and have to trek in so often. It was never lost on me how hard they w
2018 - 2020
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Reichman is an exceptionally intelligent, patient and compassionate doctor, who somehow balances his deep wealth of knowledge with incredible humanity, kindness and humor. Throughout my time under his care he always listened, gave his honest opinion and provided options without ever pushing me, which I really appreciated. I was hesitant to jump into any intense treatments so we started with timed intercourse followed by IUIs. I got pregnant within a few months, but it turned out to be an ectopic resulting in emergency surgery to remove my fallopian tube. My husband and I will never forget how amazing Dr Reichman was throughout the whole experience. On a Friday evening, he rushed to meet us at the ER and canceled his own plans for the night so that he could be there with us and perform the surgery himself. This was not something he had to do - and I knew other doctors wouldn't - but that's how much he cares about his patients. He turned a traumatic situation into something much more bearable and assured us this would not prevent me from becoming pregnant. Given how painful the fertility journey can be, we couldn't imagine getting through it without a doctor who cared as much as he did. Even after this experience (and another miscarriage) he didn't push me into IVF until I felt ready, even though he knew it would give us our best chance of success. Of course he was right, and I got pregnant from my first transfer (which he performed.) We trusted him throughout the entire process and he never steered us wrong. We felt incredibly lucky to be under his care and will never be able to thank him enough for everything.
Trust what he says. He truly cares about you as a patient and person and knows what he is doing.
Regardless of the many patients under his care, Dr Reichman remembered every detail of my case. He was always patient, answering all of my questions and calming my fears. He would consistently ask how my husband and I were doing, and was genuinly concerned about the emotional toll that my last miscarriage took on us (which was the result of natural conception, before we followed his recommendation to try IVF with genetically tested embryos). In every interaction, it was obvious he cared about us as people and understood how trying this process can be. He also brought some much-needed levity that we always appreciated. Additionally, I can't say enough wonderful things about his office staff. The receptionists knew me by name and the nurses always greeted us with a smile no matter how early it was or how many patients were waiting. This makes all of the difference when you're starting so many of your days there.
Since I am fairly young, had gotten pregnant once before, and testing showed no concerns with my health or my husband's, we started with timed intercourse then moved on to try two IUIs. We attempted a third IUI with Clomid but canceled once Dr Reichman saw I was ovulating on my left side where my fallopian tube had been removed. I ended up getting pregnant naturally but it resulted in another miscarriage, after which we finally took Dr Reichman's advice and turned to IVF. He was confident that my recurring losses were due to genetically abnormal embryos so he recommended PGS testing, which was the best call - we should have listened sooner. For my retreival we used Gonal-F, Menepur and Ganirelix and I was monitored very closely throughout the whole cycle. Dr Reichman got us great results, but unfortunately after PGS we had high attrition and were left with only 2 normal embryos. He recommended we move forward with another retrieval which wasn't what we planned, but we talked it through and he felt it would serve us better in the long run to start with more embryos so we could alleviate some pressure, and he was right. We got amazing results from my second retreival (same protocol) and we were able to move forward with a transfer soon after (natrual cycle with a frozen day 5 embryo), which was successful.
Christine was fantastic. She always called with my results, returned emails and phone calls very promptly, and answered all of my many questions without making me feel crazy (I was an anxious patient!) She went out of her way to make sure we always had what we needed in terms of meds, and seemed genuinly happy for us whenever we got good news. I loved her upbeat and positive personality.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
We loved the Tribeca office. It was a 5 minute walk from my office which was huge, but I would have traveled much further for the care I received there. Every team member, whether it be a receptionist or nurse, was always patient and kind which makes a big difference when you are struggling with infertility and have to trek in so often. It was never lost on me how hard they work and how many vulerable and anxious patients they deal with all day, and yet they were still always so pleasant. I had to go to the UES location a couple of times on weekends and it made me appreciate Tribeca even more, which feels much more intimate and way less overwhelming.
Very well organized, which was always surprising to me given how busy the waiting room could get. If you arrive early enough you don't have to wait. However, there were days I rolled out of bed on the later side and still never waited more than 20 minutes.
Insurance did not cover our first round of IVF, so we ended up paying about $30k in all. I was able to switch to a different insurance plan before my second retrieval so paid less. Dr Reichman's staff was always transparent about what the costs would be before we started anything.
Dr Reichman recommended transfering only one embryo, which we were completely aligned with.
Tribeca

We had a 10 week wait to get our initial meeting with Dr Reichman but I'm glad that didn't deter us. Once you are Dr Reichman's patient he is very responsive, and availability isn't an issue...We did 2 retrievals and one (successful!) frozen embryo transfer...We did PGS testing on our embryos. These were the same drugs that I used at a previous clinic with two other Drs, but Dr Reichman seemed more up to date than the other Drs were with various testing methods, clinical trials, etc. The treatment with Dr Reichman felt more cutting edge. He is very informed, he listens to your goals and puts together a great state-of-the-art plan just for you.
I really like the clinic [Weill Cornell Medical College]! The wait times were never bad, despite lots of patients coming and going. The clinic itself is clean and nice. It was astonishing how crowded the waiting room was at the Upper East Side office during weekend monitoring hours, but even there I didn't wait for too long...Our main nurse Christine is a so kind, reassuring, and extremely organized. She always answered my emailed questions quickly and set my mind at ease. I was always so happy to see her at the practice...Cost was always made clear to us in advance and there were no surprises.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I cannot recommend Dr Reichman highly enough. Communication via email is swift and well thought-out. He takes the time to answer questions thoroughly. and examine the pros and cons of various approaches when you could reasonably choose between several treatment options. I felt very confident in his knowledge and experience and trusted him completely. I always felt informed. Dr Reichman also seemed genuinely invested in the outcome of my treatment and my comfort during the process. He goes above and beyond for his patients. He concluded I needed surgery for a fibroid and referred me to a high-profile surgeon at a NYC different hospital. I was crushed to learn the surgeon had a 3 month wait just for a consult; my biological clock was ticking loudly in the background! Dr Reichman personally went out of his way to help me get an appointment with the surgeon 10 days later, and then later high-fived me happily when my post-surgery ultrasound revealed the operation had been a huge success. Prior to that, we had a disappointing outcome with an embryo retrieval, and Dr Reichman called us himself and delivered the news with the perfect balance of no-nonsense, compassion, and optimism about our future. IVF is a grueling process with lots of highs and lows, and I felt SO lucky to have Dr Reichman in my corner throughout.
Book you initial consult now. We had a 10 week wait to get our initial meeting with Dr Reichman but I'm glad that didn't deter us. Once you are Dr Reichman's patient he is very responsive, and availability isn't an issue.
Dr Reichman is fantastic! He is kind and direct, and has a very warm demeanor and fun sense of humor. He clearly knows his stuff, and is quick to cite "the literature" and his own experience to answer all questions thoroughly. He is realistic yet encouraging, remembers details about your treatment and your life, and is always on your side.
We did 2 retrievals and one (successful!) frozen embryo transfer. The drugs we used were Gonal F, Ganirilex, and Menopur. We did PGS testing on our embryos. These were the same drugs that I used at a previous clinic with two other Drs, but Dr Reichman seemed more up to date than the other Drs were with various testing methods, clinical trials, etc. The treatment with Dr Reichman felt more cutting edge. He is very informed, he listens to your goals and puts together a great state-of-the-art plan just for you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine L )
The nursing staff and front desk staff are all terrific. I am so impressed with them, and grateful for the care they provided. Our main nurse Christine is a so kind, reassuring, and extremely organized. She always answered my emailed questions quickly and set my mind at ease. I was always so happy to see her at the practice. With all the required consent forms and appointments, IVF entails quite a bit of admin which can be burdensome during an already stressful process. The Cornell team is a well-oiled machine, and kept me on track with my medications, visits, etc. Sounds like a small thing but it's extremely helpful. Our previous clinic was disorganized and it was SO frustrating and wasted so much time and energy. The Tribeca front desk staff is also extremely kind and knew me by name. They all seem genuinely delighted when my FET was a success, which made that happy appointment feel even more special. Thank you Team Tribeca!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I really like the clinic! The wait times were never bad, despite lots of patients coming and going. The clinic itself is clean and nice. It was astonishing how crowded the waiting room was at the Upper East Side office during weekend monitoring hours, but even there I didn't wait for too long.
We paid largely out of pocket. For consults, 2 retrievals with PGS and ICSI, one transfer, etc I believe we paid about 45k. Cost was always made clear to us in advance and there were no surprises.
From the beginning of our fertility "journey" my husband and I have been pretty committed to the idea of doing a single embryo transfer with PGS. Dr Reichman supported this idea. I never inquired about transferring more than one embryo at a time.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
The Tribeca office staff [at Weill Cornell] always remembered my name...Hannah was Dr. Reichman's nurse, whom I worked with before she went out on maternity leave. She was always cheerful and willing to help, but in most cases she did not know the extent of my discussions with Dr. Reichman, so I preferred to speak directly with the doctor...Front desk is very friendly. I chose this clinic due to early monitoring hours before work
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman was one of five REs in the NYC area my husband and I consulted with. He was optimistic with my case from the beginning, even when I felt pessimistic. I had come to see him having just experienced my very first pregnancy, which became a miscarriage at 10 weeks. I was emotional but had my heart set on doing everything possible to becoming pregnant again. I micromanaged him. I wanted to handle every aspect of my journey, from the IVF protocols to the timing of transfer. I second guessed his nurses constantly. I emailed Dr. Reichman incessantly with compromises, worries, and left-field inquiries. He almost always answered in detail, which is something that I have yet to come across in other NYC physicians who are as busy as he is. He did not have unlimited patience, but he was always willing to sit down and touch base with us to alleviate fears, or to set our patient-physician relationship back on track after an argument.
Advocate for yourself. Dr. Reichman is incredibly smart. If your requests are substantiated, he will compromise with you on reasonable grounds.
The Tribeca office staff always remembered my name, and Dr. Reichman kept detailed notes on my case.
We dove straight into IVF due to my diminished ovarian reserve. Dr. Reichman had pitched starting with IUI/letrozole, but he supported my more aggressive choice. I insisted on a natural start, resulting in 8 retrieved, 5 fertilized, and 4 frozen. We did not PGS test. The second cycle, he proposed using BCP. I was afraid of being oversuppressed and did not want to try this modification, but he assured me it would give good results. Unfortunately, I developed a lead follicle and he canceled that cycle. The third cycle, he proposed estrogen priming. I also fought him on this. Although I had 7 follicles going into retrieval, only 2 were retrieved. Both were alive at day 6, frozen, and confirmed to be PGS normal. I took some time off after the last cycle to undergo several back to back surgeries. In January of 2019, I insisted Dr. Reichman raise a request to the embryology lab for them to transfer the second-best graded frozen embryo in my batch. That FET resulted in my current pregnancy - I am due in three weeks.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Weill Cornell Tribeca - biggest pro is that the physician performs the monitoring ultrasounds. I was able to see Dr. Reichman at almost every single monitoring appointment during the week. In addition, the clinic is clean, and the calls from nurses during the cycle are consistent and organized. Front desk is very friendly. I chose this clinic due to early monitoring hours before work, and the fact that it was a 5 minute walk from my apartment. Weakness: you do not get to see your doctor on weekends and holidays unless he/she happens to be on call. My weekend treks up to the UES office were always much worse experiences (i.e., longer wait times, unfamiliar physicians, and several incompetent nurses).
If you are willing to be at the office right at 6:30, there is almost no wait time. I made it my priority to always be in by 7am, and never had an issue being late to work.
My husband and I are fortunate to both have some fertility coverage from work. During 2018 when we were banking embryos, we were on his insurance, which covered the entirety of the 1st and 2nd round. We paid about $15,000 out of pocket for the 3rd round.
Dr. Reichman was adamant on single embryo transfer with me, citing my age and body type (slim/petite).
Tribeca

front-desk staff [at Weill Cornell Medical College] are the nicest and sweetest team members. They remember your name, ask how you're doing, and are always on top of everything...[the nurse] replied very timely to emails...Monitoring appointments were very efficient...The office seems newer with state-of-the-art equipment and the most friendly staff. His staff are extremely helpful, especially if you need support dealing with prior-auths and insurance - they stepped in and before I knew it everything was handled.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is like no other. We traveled from Pennsylvania to New York and it was all worth it. From the moment we had our initial consultation with him he gave us hope and made us feel like he truly cared. I have not had an easy journey with fertility - 2 natural pregnancies both ending in miscarriages, being told by a previous RE my lining was too thin and so never even getting to a transfer attempt, retained products of conception after a D&C by my OB. But Dr. Reichman never gave up. I remember starting my IVF cycle with him in March 2018 and during a saline sonogram is when he discovered I had retained products of conception and told me he would have to go in and do surgery after I completed the IVF cycle and retrieval. I started crying in the exam room. Dr. Reichman was extremely comforting, telling me "I am in your corner," letting me know that he would take care of me during the surgery as I was worried about my lining, and that together we would get through this and meet our end goal of having a baby. He is an extremely compassionate and caring physician, but he is also a realist - he is very straightforward with what he thinks. This is a quality my husband and I appreciated; we wanted someone who would be direct and honest. Dr. Reichman is always thinking about what is best for his patients; he individualizes every plan of care to each of his patients.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. He answers every single one of them without making you feel rushed or that it's a silly question.
Dr. Reichman is an extremely personable physician. He makes his patients feel like they matter. He takes time at every appointment with you, answers every question you have, and does not make you feel rushed. There were a couple times he suggested we set an appointment for a "strategy meeting" - his words - which we loved. He knows every detail about his patients. He remembers everything, even asking about how our trip to Chicago was when we had a follow-up appointment with him. His front-desk staff are the nicest and sweetest team members. They remember your name, ask how you're doing, and are always on top of everything.
I was on Gonal-F, Menopur, and Cetrotide, with an HCG trigger shot before the egg retrieval. I can't remember the exact dosages but he had me on a low dose of Gonal-F. I only had 5 antral follicles. We retrieved 5 eggs, all 5 fertilized, 3 made it to PGS testing and all 3 were PGS normal! We did not expect this and were thrilled, as my last miscarriage was confirmed due to chromosome issues.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Hannah)
My primary nurse that I communicated with was Hannah. She always showed compassion during every interaction or phone call. She answered every question and made sure you understood your directions and next steps before hanging up the phone. Even when meeting in person about something Hannah never rushed you and was very thorough in her care and explanations. She also replied very timely to emails.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Weill Cornell Reproductive Medicine is a top center for infertility. As I said we traveled from PA to NY to be a patient and it was worth it in every way. I only wish we had done this from the beginning instead of wasting a year with a different RE in PA. Dr. Reichman's Tribeca office is absolutely wonderful. The office seems newer with state-of-the-art equipment and the most friendly staff. His staff are extremely helpful, especially if you need support dealing with prior-auths and insurance - they stepped in and before I knew it everything was handled.
Monitoring appointments were very efficient. You have a window of time they do "morning monitoring" and you don't have to wait very long once you arrive. Once you are pregnant, the 2-3 ultrasounds you have to have are via appointment after monitoring hours.
I was lucky as my insurance covered IVF 100%; the cost of the medications were mostly covered as well. We did pay a few hundred dollars though for some genetic testing and other blood work to be done as I had two previous miscarriages.
From my experience, I believe Dr. Reichman prefers single embryo transfer.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
He [Dr. Reichman] can be blunt with the reality of things, but he does care about you getting success and knows his stuff. If you want someone with a super compassionate bedside manner he may not be the one for you, but he certainly takes his work seriously and is always positive yet realistic. If you are paying out of pocket, he also understands the great cost of IVF and takes that into account when recommending next steps, which I really appreciate.
In the Tribeca office [of Weill Cornell Medical College] it is a very pleasant experience even when crowded -- and it's never that bad. I don't think I have waited longer than 30 min to be seen and sometimes i get seen within 10 min...Approx 10K for egg retrieval (all monitoring included)...The Tribeca location is fantastic. It is calm, comfortable, and all new...The nurses are all very nice. It's so much better than the UES location! The receptionists are also very nice and helpful
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I came to Dr. Reichman from another doctor only because my insurance changed and it now covers IVF and the other place I was going doesn't take my insurance. Dr. Reichman agreed with the assessment of my other doctor (age-related infertility). Although I feel I got more compassionate "bedside manner" from the first doctor, I appreciate that I see Dr. Reichman for every monitoring visit (at the Tribeca Office). He may take a day or so to email back, but he always always responds to email. His answers are short but to the point. He's gives it to you straight so you have to be able to take that, but I have no doubt he knows that he's talking about! I feel I am in good hands for sure.
He can be blunt with the reality of things, but he does care about you getting success and knows his stuff. If you want someone with a super compassionate bedside manner he may not be the one for you, but he certainly takes his work seriously and is always positive yet realistic. If you are paying out of pocket, he also understands the great cost of IVF and takes that into account when recommending next steps, which I really appreciate.
Dr. Reichman sees me every visit (unless it is a weekend or he is off for a holiday), which I appreciate. He always seems to consider my case and our next steps carefully. He doesn't have the warmest bedside manner, and doesn't seem to plug into the emotional toll this takes, but he does lay out the numbers and realities and stays positive.
2 stimulation cycles. Both times mostly 150 menapure, 300 gonal f, then leuprolide added in. Egg retrieval and fertilization with ICSI using fresh sample. Waited the 5 days to see which embryos survived and did genetic testing on those that did. Cycle 1 - 10 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 4 embryos genetically tested, 1 recommended for transfer. Cycle 2 - 7 eggs retrieved, 6 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 genetically tested - awaiting results. Still have not yet done an embryo transfer.
Dr. Riechman's main nurse is fantastic. She always answers my questions and when I wanted to order fewer meds since i had to pay OOP as I hit my insurance limit, she worked with me on ordering just what was necessary. She's a pleasure every time I speak with her. Any other nurses that cover for her are also great.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The Tribeca location is fantastic. It is calm, comfortable, and all new. It can get a little crowded during monitory hours but never too bad and they are really organized. The nurses are all very nice. It's so much better than the UES location! The receptionists are also very nice and helpful
In the Tribeca office it is a very pleasant experience even when crowded -- and it's never that bad. I don't think I have waited longer than 30 min to be seen and sometimes i get seen within 10 min.
My insurance paid for up to 40K of my expenses. After I hit my limit, I have to pay OOP. Approx 10K for egg retrieval (all monitoring included), 1K for ICSI fertilization, 4K for PGD/PGS testing. 1K hospital fee. Not sure what frozen embryo transfer will cost. Meds were covered by insurance but i think it cost 10K