Peter Schlegel

Westchester
657 Main Street
Mount Kisco, NY 10549

Treated 2018 - 2020
He [Dr. David Reichman] was confident that my recurring losses were due to genetically abnormal embryos so he recommended PGS testing, which was the best call - we should have listened sooner. For my retreival we used Gonal-F, Menepur and Ganirelix and I was monitored very closely throughout the whole cycle...recommended transfering only one embryo...brought some much-needed levity that we always appreciated. Additionally, I can't say enough wonderful things about his office staff. The receptionists knew me by name and the nurses always greeted us with a smile no
Christine [nurse at Weill Cornell] was fantastic. She always called with my results, returned emails and phone calls very promptly, and answered all of my many questions without making me feel crazy (I was an anxious patient!)...Very well organized, which was always surprising to me given how busy the waiting room could get. If you arrive early enough you don't have to wait...Every team member, whether it be a receptionist or nurse, was always patient and kind which makes a big difference when you are struggling with infertility and have to trek in so often. It was never lost on me how hard they w
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Reichman is an exceptionally intelligent, patient and compassionate doctor, who somehow balances his deep wealth of knowledge with incredible humanity, kindness and humor. Throughout my time under his care he always listened, gave his honest opinion and provided options without ever pushing me, which I really appreciated. I was hesitant to jump into any intense treatments so we started with timed intercourse followed by IUIs. I got pregnant within a few months, but it turned out to be an ectopic resulting in emergency surgery to remove my fallopian tube. My husband and I will never forget how amazing Dr Reichman was throughout the whole experience. On a Friday evening, he rushed to meet us at the ER and canceled his own plans for the night so that he could be there with us and perform the surgery himself. This was not something he had to do - and I knew other doctors wouldn't - but that's how much he cares about his patients. He turned a traumatic situation into something much more bearable and assured us this would not prevent me from becoming pregnant. Given how painful the fertility journey can be, we couldn't imagine getting through it without a doctor who cared as much as he did. Even after this experience (and another miscarriage) he didn't push me into IVF until I felt ready, even though he knew it would give us our best chance of success. Of course he was right, and I got pregnant from my first transfer (which he performed.) We trusted him throughout the entire process and he never steered us wrong. We felt incredibly lucky to be under his care and will never be able to thank him enough for everything.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Trust what he says. He truly cares about you as a patient and person and knows what he is doing.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Regardless of the many patients under his care, Dr Reichman remembered every detail of my case. He was always patient, answering all of my questions and calming my fears. He would consistently ask how my husband and I were doing, and was genuinly concerned about the emotional toll that my last miscarriage took on us (which was the result of natural conception, before we followed his recommendation to try IVF with genetically tested embryos). In every interaction, it was obvious he cared about us as people and understood how trying this process can be. He also brought some much-needed levity that we always appreciated. Additionally, I can't say enough wonderful things about his office staff. The receptionists knew me by name and the nurses always greeted us with a smile no matter how early it was or how many patients were waiting. This makes all of the difference when you're starting so many of your days there.
Describe the protocols David Reichman used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
Since I am fairly young, had gotten pregnant once before, and testing showed no concerns with my health or my husband's, we started with timed intercourse then moved on to try two IUIs. We attempted a third IUI with Clomid but canceled once Dr Reichman saw I was ovulating on my left side where my fallopian tube had been removed. I ended up getting pregnant naturally but it resulted in another miscarriage, after which we finally took Dr Reichman's advice and turned to IVF. He was confident that my recurring losses were due to genetically abnormal embryos so he recommended PGS testing, which was the best call - we should have listened sooner. For my retreival we used Gonal-F, Menepur and Ganirelix and I was monitored very closely throughout the whole cycle. Dr Reichman got us great results, but unfortunately after PGS we had high attrition and were left with only 2 normal embryos. He recommended we move forward with another retrieval which wasn't what we planned, but we talked it through and he felt it would serve us better in the long run to start with more embryos so we could alleviate some pressure, and he was right. We got amazing results from my second retreival (same protocol) and we were able to move forward with a transfer soon after (natrual cycle with a frozen day 5 embryo), which was successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine Lu)
Christine was fantastic. She always called with my results, returned emails and phone calls very promptly, and answered all of my many questions without making me feel crazy (I was an anxious patient!) She went out of her way to make sure we always had what we needed in terms of meds, and seemed genuinly happy for us whenever we got good news. I loved her upbeat and positive personality.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
We loved the Tribeca office. It was a 5 minute walk from my office which was huge, but I would have traveled much further for the care I received there. Every team member, whether it be a receptionist or nurse, was always patient and kind which makes a big difference when you are struggling with infertility and have to trek in so often. It was never lost on me how hard they work and how many vulerable and anxious patients they deal with all day, and yet they were still always so pleasant. I had to go to the UES location a couple of times on weekends and it made me appreciate Tribeca even more, which feels much more intimate and way less overwhelming.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Very well organized, which was always surprising to me given how busy the waiting room could get. If you arrive early enough you don't have to wait. However, there were days I rolled out of bed on the later side and still never waited more than 20 minutes.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Insurance did not cover our first round of IVF, so we ended up paying about $30k in all. I was able to switch to a different insurance plan before my second retrieval so paid less. Dr Reichman's staff was always transparent about what the costs would be before we started anything.
Describe David Reichman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Dr Reichman recommended transfering only one embryo, which we were completely aligned with.
Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Reichman created a personal connection immediately. I saw him every time I visited the practice (except for blood test only) and he always made me feel like I was a top priority, never missing a beat in knowing my history and treatment plan...He is warm and compassionate but also honest and forthcoming in setting expectations based on my condition. While some visits were very short, I never felt rushed and he sets up separate 'talk' appointments just to plan out treatment, discuss options and questions. He is also extremely responsive via email.
I never had an issue with billing, appointments, or anything else from an administrative perspective [at Weill Cornell Medical College]. Wait times vary but were never very long. All of the nurses and front desk staff that I came into contact with were professional and kind...Initially, first my appointment was maybe 8 weeks out. I asked to be placed on the wait list and got a call within a few weeks and ran down to see him. Best decision I made! From there on out appointments were frequent and easy to come by.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I felt as though I was in the best hands with Dr. Reichman from day 1. He is warm and compassionate but also honest and forthcoming in setting expectations based on my condition. While some visits were very short, I never felt rushed and he sets up separate 'talk' appointments just to plan out treatment, discuss options and questions. He is also extremely responsive via email.
I had a unique case as I do not have traditional fertility issues. He diagnosed me with Asherman's syndrome (uterine scarring) from a d&c I had a few months prior. He was able to diagnose me via saline sonogram, followed by surgery - hysteroscopy with adhesion removal. Post surgery he placed a balloon in my uterus and had estrogen treatment. 1 month post-surgery, I had a saline sonogram and HSG to confirm that the scarring had been removed, followed by monitoring to see how my lining responded post-surgery.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine)
Attentive and responsive, generally following up the same day with results.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I never had an issue with billing, appointments, or anything else from an administrative perspective. Wait times vary but were never very long. All of the nurses and front desk staff that I came into contact with were professional and kind.
I had to cover my deductible and beyond that, every visit and treatment was covered at 100%
Treated 2020
I traveled to NYC for treatment after [Dr. Reichman]. had been recommended to me by 2 friends and after a failed cycle in my hometown, Miami...He's incredibly honest, encouraging, and provided a personalized experience - far superior than my prior experiences. I also felt my drug protocol was more personalized - he lowered my drugs (less side effects, less costly) and we had a higher # of eggs retrieved, despite starting with same # of eggs on day 3 for all 4 of my cycles. I saw him almost every visit (occasionally saw another MD for a weekend visit). I felt like he really cared about my overall success.
She [nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College] was easy to get in touch with by phone and email. I felt like she really cared about my success - she followed up on my beta tests both times (I used an outside lab), despite it being her day off both times...Initially my insurance denied covering the cycle given I had frozen eggs, but Dr. Reichman battled it out with the insurance company in a peer-to-peer, and they overturned the denial...Clinic was very efficient - in both Tribeca office and uptown. High volume but they move quickly - I never had to wait more than 5 minutes for an appointment. Front desk and other staff very pleasant.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman was the 4th reproductive endocrinologist I've seen, as I had completed 2 egg retrievals to freeze eggs (yielded 2 PGS embryos), then 1 cycle for IVF in Miami (0 PGS embryos), then 1 egg retrieval with Dr. Reichman (3 PGS embryos). I traveled to NYC for treatment after Dr. R. had been recommended to me by 2 friends and after a failed cycle in my hometown, Miami. First consult was by phone and I felt he was going to be the MD to get me pregnant - and he did, I'm 11 weeks pregnant. Overall experience with Dr. R was top notch. He's incredibly honest, encouraging, and provided a personalized experience - far superior than my prior experiences. I also felt my drug protocol was more personalized - he lowered my drugs (less side effects, less costly) and we had a higher # of eggs retrieved, despite starting with same # of eggs on day 3 for all 4 of my cycles. I saw him almost every visit (occasionally saw another MD for a weekend visit). I felt like he really cared about my overall success.
Don't be afraid to ask any question, even if it seems silly or uninformed. Dr. Reichman is patient and will answer anything.
Cornell is a big center, which was one of the main reasons I chose Cornell. (High volume usually indicates highly skilled embryologists and top notch technology). Dr. Reichman and his nurse Christine makes you feel like you are their only patient, they are so responsive! Dr. Reichman usually responded to my emails within minutes. He personally called me when we had big updates (genetic testing results, pregnancy test results). He called me when my first transfer didn't work - I was heartbroken but he immediately helped me focus on my next transfer with a detailed plan for how we'll try again (next transfer worked!).
My protocol was straightforward -- 225 gonal, 150 menopur, then added cetrotide later. In previous cycle with Miami MD, we did 350 gonal, 75/150 menopur and a flare protocol (started w/ lupron). Dr. Reichman didn't think I needed such a high dosage given my weight and ovarian reserve and he was right - we got better results. For transfer, we first did a natural cycle, which didn't take. 2nd cycle was a medicated cycle, which worked.
Christine is super responsive and very detail oriented. She and Dr. Reichman work as a true team. She was easy to get in touch with by phone and email. I felt like she really cared about my success - she followed up on my beta tests both times (I used an outside lab), despite it being her day off both times. The other nurses were also great - they call with test results if it's a weekend. Christine takes her time and will answer any questions you have, by phone or email. I did a lot of my monitoring remotely and she was amazing with helping to coordinate. she helped me find the best options for my schedule given I was out of nyc at various times during transfer periods.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The biggest strength of Cornell is their embryologists and laboratory high tech equipment. I did a consult with a top doctor in Beverly Hills who referenced Cornell's technology as top notch and too expensive for most fertility centers. Clinic was very efficient - in both Tribeca office and uptown. High volume but they move quickly - I never had to wait more than 5 minutes for an appointment. Front desk and other staff very pleasant.
Most of my clinic/procedure costs were covered by insurance. Initially my insurance denied covering the cycle given I had frozen eggs, but Dr. Reichman battled it out with the insurance company in a peer-to-peer, and they overturned the denial. I self-paid for drugs and they helped me find the most affordable pharmacy. Dr. Reichman also worked the system to allow me to transfer my frozen eggs from another institution so they could be combined with the eggs retrieved to save costs for fertilization and genetic testing.
Given I had PGS-tested embryos, Dr. Reichman strongly recommended transferring only 1 embryo in both of my transfers. He shared that birth defects are 4x in twins and I would be 30% chance likely to have twins.
Treated 2018 - 2019
We had a 10 week wait to get our initial meeting with Dr Reichman but I'm glad that didn't deter us. Once you are Dr Reichman's patient he is very responsive, and availability isn't an issue...We did 2 retrievals and one (successful!) frozen embryo transfer...We did PGS testing on our embryos. These were the same drugs that I used at a previous clinic with two other Drs, but Dr Reichman seemed more up to date than the other Drs were with various testing methods, clinical trials, etc. The treatment with Dr Reichman felt more cutting edge. He is very informed, he listens to your goals and puts together a great state-of-the-art plan just for you.
I really like the clinic [Weill Cornell Medical College]! The wait times were never bad, despite lots of patients coming and going. The clinic itself is clean and nice. It was astonishing how crowded the waiting room was at the Upper East Side office during weekend monitoring hours, but even there I didn't wait for too long...Our main nurse Christine is a so kind, reassuring, and extremely organized. She always answered my emailed questions quickly and set my mind at ease. I was always so happy to see her at the practice...Cost was always made clear to us in advance and there were no surprises.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I cannot recommend Dr Reichman highly enough. Communication via email is swift and well thought-out. He takes the time to answer questions thoroughly. and examine the pros and cons of various approaches when you could reasonably choose between several treatment options. I felt very confident in his knowledge and experience and trusted him completely. I always felt informed. Dr Reichman also seemed genuinely invested in the outcome of my treatment and my comfort during the process. He goes above and beyond for his patients. He concluded I needed surgery for a fibroid and referred me to a high-profile surgeon at a NYC different hospital. I was crushed to learn the surgeon had a 3 month wait just for a consult; my biological clock was ticking loudly in the background! Dr Reichman personally went out of his way to help me get an appointment with the surgeon 10 days later, and then later high-fived me happily when my post-surgery ultrasound revealed the operation had been a huge success. Prior to that, we had a disappointing outcome with an embryo retrieval, and Dr Reichman called us himself and delivered the news with the perfect balance of no-nonsense, compassion, and optimism about our future. IVF is a grueling process with lots of highs and lows, and I felt SO lucky to have Dr Reichman in my corner throughout.
Book you initial consult now. We had a 10 week wait to get our initial meeting with Dr Reichman but I'm glad that didn't deter us. Once you are Dr Reichman's patient he is very responsive, and availability isn't an issue.
Dr Reichman is fantastic! He is kind and direct, and has a very warm demeanor and fun sense of humor. He clearly knows his stuff, and is quick to cite "the literature" and his own experience to answer all questions thoroughly. He is realistic yet encouraging, remembers details about your treatment and your life, and is always on your side.
We did 2 retrievals and one (successful!) frozen embryo transfer. The drugs we used were Gonal F, Ganirilex, and Menopur. We did PGS testing on our embryos. These were the same drugs that I used at a previous clinic with two other Drs, but Dr Reichman seemed more up to date than the other Drs were with various testing methods, clinical trials, etc. The treatment with Dr Reichman felt more cutting edge. He is very informed, he listens to your goals and puts together a great state-of-the-art plan just for you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine L )
The nursing staff and front desk staff are all terrific. I am so impressed with them, and grateful for the care they provided. Our main nurse Christine is a so kind, reassuring, and extremely organized. She always answered my emailed questions quickly and set my mind at ease. I was always so happy to see her at the practice. With all the required consent forms and appointments, IVF entails quite a bit of admin which can be burdensome during an already stressful process. The Cornell team is a well-oiled machine, and kept me on track with my medications, visits, etc. Sounds like a small thing but it's extremely helpful. Our previous clinic was disorganized and it was SO frustrating and wasted so much time and energy. The Tribeca front desk staff is also extremely kind and knew me by name. They all seem genuinely delighted when my FET was a success, which made that happy appointment feel even more special. Thank you Team Tribeca!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I really like the clinic! The wait times were never bad, despite lots of patients coming and going. The clinic itself is clean and nice. It was astonishing how crowded the waiting room was at the Upper East Side office during weekend monitoring hours, but even there I didn't wait for too long.
We paid largely out of pocket. For consults, 2 retrievals with PGS and ICSI, one transfer, etc I believe we paid about 45k. Cost was always made clear to us in advance and there were no surprises.
From the beginning of our fertility "journey" my husband and I have been pretty committed to the idea of doing a single embryo transfer with PGS. Dr Reichman supported this idea. I never inquired about transferring more than one embryo at a time.
Tribeca
front-desk staff [at Weill Cornell Medical College] are the nicest and sweetest team members. They remember your name, ask how you're doing, and are always on top of everything...[the nurse] replied very timely to emails...Monitoring appointments were very efficient...The office seems newer with state-of-the-art equipment and the most friendly staff. His staff are extremely helpful, especially if you need support dealing with prior-auths and insurance - they stepped in and before I knew it everything was handled.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is like no other. We traveled from Pennsylvania to New York and it was all worth it. From the moment we had our initial consultation with him he gave us hope and made us feel like he truly cared. I have not had an easy journey with fertility - 2 natural pregnancies both ending in miscarriages, being told by a previous RE my lining was too thin and so never even getting to a transfer attempt, retained products of conception after a D&C by my OB. But Dr. Reichman never gave up. I remember starting my IVF cycle with him in March 2018 and during a saline sonogram is when he discovered I had retained products of conception and told me he would have to go in and do surgery after I completed the IVF cycle and retrieval. I started crying in the exam room. Dr. Reichman was extremely comforting, telling me "I am in your corner," letting me know that he would take care of me during the surgery as I was worried about my lining, and that together we would get through this and meet our end goal of having a baby. He is an extremely compassionate and caring physician, but he is also a realist - he is very straightforward with what he thinks. This is a quality my husband and I appreciated; we wanted someone who would be direct and honest. Dr. Reichman is always thinking about what is best for his patients; he individualizes every plan of care to each of his patients.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. He answers every single one of them without making you feel rushed or that it's a silly question.
Dr. Reichman is an extremely personable physician. He makes his patients feel like they matter. He takes time at every appointment with you, answers every question you have, and does not make you feel rushed. There were a couple times he suggested we set an appointment for a "strategy meeting" - his words - which we loved. He knows every detail about his patients. He remembers everything, even asking about how our trip to Chicago was when we had a follow-up appointment with him. His front-desk staff are the nicest and sweetest team members. They remember your name, ask how you're doing, and are always on top of everything.
I was on Gonal-F, Menopur, and Cetrotide, with an HCG trigger shot before the egg retrieval. I can't remember the exact dosages but he had me on a low dose of Gonal-F. I only had 5 antral follicles. We retrieved 5 eggs, all 5 fertilized, 3 made it to PGS testing and all 3 were PGS normal! We did not expect this and were thrilled, as my last miscarriage was confirmed due to chromosome issues.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Hannah)
My primary nurse that I communicated with was Hannah. She always showed compassion during every interaction or phone call. She answered every question and made sure you understood your directions and next steps before hanging up the phone. Even when meeting in person about something Hannah never rushed you and was very thorough in her care and explanations. She also replied very timely to emails.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Weill Cornell Reproductive Medicine is a top center for infertility. As I said we traveled from PA to NY to be a patient and it was worth it in every way. I only wish we had done this from the beginning instead of wasting a year with a different RE in PA. Dr. Reichman's Tribeca office is absolutely wonderful. The office seems newer with state-of-the-art equipment and the most friendly staff. His staff are extremely helpful, especially if you need support dealing with prior-auths and insurance - they stepped in and before I knew it everything was handled.
Monitoring appointments were very efficient. You have a window of time they do "morning monitoring" and you don't have to wait very long once you arrive. Once you are pregnant, the 2-3 ultrasounds you have to have are via appointment after monitoring hours.
I was lucky as my insurance covered IVF 100%; the cost of the medications were mostly covered as well. We did pay a few hundred dollars though for some genetic testing and other blood work to be done as I had two previous miscarriages.
From my experience, I believe Dr. Reichman prefers single embryo transfer.
Tribeca
He [Dr. Reichman] can be blunt with the reality of things, but he does care about you getting success and knows his stuff. If you want someone with a super compassionate bedside manner he may not be the one for you, but he certainly takes his work seriously and is always positive yet realistic. If you are paying out of pocket, he also understands the great cost of IVF and takes that into account when recommending next steps, which I really appreciate.
In the Tribeca office [of Weill Cornell Medical College] it is a very pleasant experience even when crowded -- and it's never that bad. I don't think I have waited longer than 30 min to be seen and sometimes i get seen within 10 min...Approx 10K for egg retrieval (all monitoring included)...The Tribeca location is fantastic. It is calm, comfortable, and all new...The nurses are all very nice. It's so much better than the UES location! The receptionists are also very nice and helpful
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I came to Dr. Reichman from another doctor only because my insurance changed and it now covers IVF and the other place I was going doesn't take my insurance. Dr. Reichman agreed with the assessment of my other doctor (age-related infertility). Although I feel I got more compassionate "bedside manner" from the first doctor, I appreciate that I see Dr. Reichman for every monitoring visit (at the Tribeca Office). He may take a day or so to email back, but he always always responds to email. His answers are short but to the point. He's gives it to you straight so you have to be able to take that, but I have no doubt he knows that he's talking about! I feel I am in good hands for sure.
He can be blunt with the reality of things, but he does care about you getting success and knows his stuff. If you want someone with a super compassionate bedside manner he may not be the one for you, but he certainly takes his work seriously and is always positive yet realistic. If you are paying out of pocket, he also understands the great cost of IVF and takes that into account when recommending next steps, which I really appreciate.
Dr. Reichman sees me every visit (unless it is a weekend or he is off for a holiday), which I appreciate. He always seems to consider my case and our next steps carefully. He doesn't have the warmest bedside manner, and doesn't seem to plug into the emotional toll this takes, but he does lay out the numbers and realities and stays positive.
2 stimulation cycles. Both times mostly 150 menapure, 300 gonal f, then leuprolide added in. Egg retrieval and fertilization with ICSI using fresh sample. Waited the 5 days to see which embryos survived and did genetic testing on those that did. Cycle 1 - 10 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 4 embryos genetically tested, 1 recommended for transfer. Cycle 2 - 7 eggs retrieved, 6 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 genetically tested - awaiting results. Still have not yet done an embryo transfer.
Dr. Riechman's main nurse is fantastic. She always answers my questions and when I wanted to order fewer meds since i had to pay OOP as I hit my insurance limit, she worked with me on ordering just what was necessary. She's a pleasure every time I speak with her. Any other nurses that cover for her are also great.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The Tribeca location is fantastic. It is calm, comfortable, and all new. It can get a little crowded during monitory hours but never too bad and they are really organized. The nurses are all very nice. It's so much better than the UES location! The receptionists are also very nice and helpful
In the Tribeca office it is a very pleasant experience even when crowded -- and it's never that bad. I don't think I have waited longer than 30 min to be seen and sometimes i get seen within 10 min.
My insurance paid for up to 40K of my expenses. After I hit my limit, I have to pay OOP. Approx 10K for egg retrieval (all monitoring included), 1K for ICSI fertilization, 4K for PGD/PGS testing. 1K hospital fee. Not sure what frozen embryo transfer will cost. Meds were covered by insurance but i think it cost 10K

Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Reichman made me feel so comfortable and welcome from our very first consultation visit. I am sure he could tell how nervous I was and he continuously put my mind at ease during the initial visit and throughout the entire time he treated me. He remembered details about my personal life as well as everything regarding my specific treatment. For monitoring appointments I saw him for almost every single visit aside from when I had to go to the UES on the weekends (which was only 2 times)...Throughout the IVF process I truly felt like he was on my team and was always concerned about my general well being throughout. After our third miscarriage he clearly explained the pros and cons of starting IVF with genetic testing to prevent another loss and my husband and I were on board because we trusted him to steer us in the right direction. He is extremely smart, funny and has an incredible bed side manner. Even during some of our toughest times, he always put me at ease saying, "we are going to figure this out - don't worry!". I am currently 10 weeks pregnant with my first baby and have Dr. Reichman to thank.
My insurance covered all of IVF [at Weill Cornell Medical College] aside from the genetic testing of embryos which was 7k...The clinic itself is a well oiled machine, everything runs smooth and efficiently. They have never failed to call me with results or instructions on treatment and I have never had to wait for more than 15 minutes for an appointment. The Tribeca office is also so clean and modern...Christine was my primary IVF nurse and I cannot write enough good things about her here. She is absolutely incredible, extremely organized, thorough, timely and so friendly!...
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is the best Doctor I have ever had in any capacity. Throughout the IVF process I truly felt like he was on my team and was always concerned about my general well being throughout. After our third miscarriage he clearly explained the pros and cons of starting IVF with genetic testing to prevent another loss and my husband and I were on board because we trusted him to steer us in the right direction. He is extremely smart, funny and has an incredible bed side manner. Even during some of our toughest times, he always put me at ease saying, "we are going to figure this out - don't worry!". I am currently 10 weeks pregnant with my first baby and have Dr. Reichman to thank.
Trust him and the process - he knows exactly what he is doing.
Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix and then a trigger shot. Progesterone inserts following transfer and until I was 8 1/2 weeks pregnant.
Christine was my primary IVF nurse and I cannot write enough good things about her here. She is absolutely incredible, extremely organized, thorough, timely and so friendly! I honestly have no idea how she stays on top of so many patients and cycles and remembers every detail - I feel like she should be the COO of a fortune 500 company. Everyone on the nursing staff is amazing as well, they are so friendly and helpful - you can really tell everyone loves what they do and where they work.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Monitoring appointments were extremely efficient - as long as you got there before 8 AM you would be in and out within 15 minutes. I hear if you go past 8 AM it can be a bit of a longer wait, so I definitely recommend getting there early.
My insurance covered all of IVF aside from the genetic testing of embryos which was 7k.
Due to my age and embryo quality we decided to do a single embryo transfer, which was successful the first time.
Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Reichman has a wonderful bedside manner and is truly a warm and kind individual, who cares about his work and patients. And most importantly, he is a brilliant physician. My husband and I felt like were in good hands as soon as we met him...We felt like we could reach out at anytime and he would respond in a very timely manner to any additional questions or concerns in between office visits via email. He is extremely accessible and a pleasure to work with. My husband and I feel lucky to have had Dr. Reichman as our physician throughout this process. I would highly recommend him! If we could give a higher score then 10, we absolutely would!
With 3 IUI and 1 IVF, the out of pocket cost [at Weill Cornell Medical College] was approximately $40,000. The office was upfront and clear about costs...The Tribeca office was an overall very well-run facility that was clean and well maintained. The support staff (front desk staff, office manager, phlebotomists, and medical assistants) were all kind, patient, and lovely to work with. It helped make the daily / frequent visits less stressful...My primary nurse at Cornell was Christine, who was phenomenal! She was compassionate and caring throughout my treatment. She was extremely helpful and would respond quickly to all our questions and concerns regarding medications, dosages, and anything else that came up! She was extremely reliable and kind and helped make Dr. Reichman's team top-notch!
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
My husband and I can't say enough good things about Dr. Reichman. He is truly an exceptional and talented physician, who is trustworthy, caring, and dedicated to his patients. We felt like we could reach out at anytime and he would respond in a very timely manner to any additional questions or concerns in between office visits via email. He is extremely accessible and a pleasure to work with. My husband and I feel lucky to have had Dr. Reichman as our physician throughout this process. I would highly recommend him! If we could give a higher score then 10, we absolutely would!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Monitoring hours at the Tribeca office were well-run and organized. I often went on the earlier side (i.e. At the beginning of monitoring hours) and there was very little to no wait time. Even on days when I went later in the morning when it was busier, the staff was still very efficient and wait time was kept to a minimum.
My insurance did not cover the cost of treatment, so we had to pay out of pocket. With 3 IUI and 1 IVF, the out of pocket cost was approximately $40,000. The office was upfront and clear about costs.
Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Reichman knew my name, he addressed me personally and asked about my partner...He always gave me a strong impression that he was competent and knew what he was doing. He was also very knowledgeable about my infertility issues and remembered details about my ovaries, cysts and current treatment...email him directly. He will respond...Unlike my previous retrieval Dr. Reichman was very careful in the medication treatment protocol. He changed the dosage daily based on results from my blood test. My previous Dr. put me on a standard medication protocol but Dr. Reichman closely monitored the cycle and changed the medication dosage as he saw fit. As a result of the low medication dosage and his close monitoring, I did not hyper-stimulate which I had done before.
Christine [nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College] was professional excellent and compassionate. If I had a question she had an answer. If I had concerns she was able to put me at ease...I liked that the monitoring hours was daily. Some clinics close on Sunday but this clinic is open Monday-Sunday. It can get busy at their Upper East Side Location, but if you don’t want to wait, then you can arrive early and avoid any wait time...The clinic is state of the art. The clinic also has high tech equipment and hires a professional staff. The clinic is also clean and spacious. The clinic can get busy but I never felt like I had to wait too long. I have never waited longer than 30 minutes. If you don’t want to wait then you should get there as soon as the clinic opens.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman was very professional. He responded to all emails promptly, answered all questions in detail and encouraged me to ask questions. When I met him for my consultation appointment he was aware of my previous treatment and was able to give me a preliminary plan on my future treatment. My first appointment with him he looked me in the eye and with confidence told that he could get me pregnant. He always gave me a strong impression that he was competent and knew what he was doing. He was also very knowledgeable about my infertility issues and remembered details about my ovaries, cysts and current treatment.
Trust the process. I had a lot of confidence in Dr. Reichman, but I think it is important for other patients to know that he is on top of everything. Dr. Reichman is very smart, so don’t be intimidated and scared to ask him questions. If you are too nervous to ask him in person than email him directly. He will respond.
I had already undergone 1 retrieval with another doctor, but after 4 transfers we never received a positive pregnancy. Therefore, we underwent an egg retrieval cycle with Dr. Reichman. Unlike my previous retrieval Dr. Reichman was very careful in the medication treatment protocol. He changed the dosage daily based on results from my blood test. My previous Dr. put me on a standard medication protocol but Dr. Reichman closely monitored the cycle and changed the medication dosage as he saw fit. As a result of the low medication dosage and his close monitoring, I did not hyper-stimulate which I had done before.
Christine was professional excellent and compassionate. If I had a question she had an answer. If I had concerns she was able to put me at ease. She was also very organized and detailed oriented. She is truly the best.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Insurance covered most of the charges, but I had to pay 10-12K out of pocket. Most of the costs was because we PGS Test 14 embryos which increased the costs. The clinic can be quite pricey if you do not have insurance that covers the costs. However, we were very lucky but still had to pay for other costs. My insurance did not cover some of the medication and facility costs as well, so I ended up spending 10-12K out of pocket.
I already planned on transferring one so he didn’t have to do any convincing or education on the importance of transferring one.
Treated 2020
I felt very comfortable with her [Dr. Hey-Joo Kang]. She really is a no nonsense doctor and does not give false hope, yet, gives you all options available...She will give you options from the start and proceed with treatment quickly...Due to my diagnosis of POF, Dr. Kang started me off immediately with trying to level my hormones. She put me on a low-dose 0.05 mg of estradiol to help with hot flashes. I was given thyroid medication 0.05 mg to help my thyroid. I was given progesterone during my first IUI.
Cost for the first IUI was $800 [at Weill Cornell Medical College]...They operate very efficiently. Very organized. The receptionist is a very knowledgeable and helpful. She’s on top of her game when it comes to rescheduling or scheduling an appointment. She knows the medications and works with insurances to give you the best options. It was very pleased with how organized and helpful this establishment was...Nursing staff were all very nice. Very quick and to the point.
How was your experience with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I felt like she was on time, to the point, and really well spoken. I felt very comfortable with her. She really is a no nonsense doctor and does not give false hope, yet, gives you all options available.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
She’s very to the point. She does not waste your time. She will give you options from the start and proceed with treatment quickly.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I felt like a human because she was willing to listen to me. She was very straightforward, but very kind. Right before my first IUI, she turned to me and actually said “let’s hope for a miracle.” I felt like that was more than a doctor had to say to a patient. She was kindly letting me know not to get my hopes up too high but was a small chance. This is more than any other doctor has said to me.
Describe the protocols Hey-Joo Kang used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Nursing staff were all very nice. Very quick and to the point.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Cost for the first IUI was $800. All medications up to and throughout the first are you why were approximately $200.
Long Island
Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Rosenwaks is incredibly thorough and looks at every detail of your medical history and asks very specific questions to best understand your case. ... Dr. Rosenwaks informed us from the beginning that I may not get very many eggs from the retrieval because of low AMH/ high FSH levels, indicative of somewhat diminished ovarian reserve. ... He has always made me and my husband feel our case was important to him, and that he had high hopes and reasonable expectations we would be able to have the family we hoped for.
How was your experience with Zev Rosenwaks at Weill Cornell Medical College?
For being one of the top experts in the field of fertility, you can understand once you meet him for the first time why that is. He has always made me and my husband feel our case was important to him, and that he had high hopes and reasonable expectations we would be able to have the family we hoped for. Our situation is unique compared to some others as we live in Georgia and chose to first see him for a second opinion until ultimately deciding he was the best doctor for our fertility journey despite the distance. He wanted to try an IUI first given my age (under 35) and once we returned to Georgia after the procedure, I had a very rare reaction. I ended up in the hospital for 5 days with what was later determined to be endometritis, or uterine infection. Despite being so far away from Dr. Rosenwaks, he and his team of fellows were on top of my case, in close contact with my local OB/GYN who was administering my care. Once I was well enough to travel back to NY, he had me come in on a Sunday and had doctors there to see me to ensure my continued recovery. He also sent me to other top notch specialists when there were still concerns with my health that were somewhat out of his wheelhouse. The infection did delay our treatment for a few months but I could not have imagined going through what I went through under anyone else’s care. We had other bumps in the road, having to delay our first IVF cycle in Jan. 2020 because of elevated FSH levels. Luckily we were able to start in February, and despite some severe cramping as a result of stimulation, I did get pregnant. Unfortunately, the pregnancy showed a low fetal heartbeat at 7 weeks and ended in miscarriage by 8 weeks. It was devastating, and still is, but Dr. Rosenwaks has truly been here for us, calling to check in on me and giving me as much information as possible about a plan moving forward despite the current COVID-19 crisis.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Zev Rosenwaks at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Rosenwaks is very matter-of-fact about plans and fertility protocols. But he will answer any question you have. Do not hesitate to ask anything you have questions about, or his opinion on something you heard or read. He will be honest about his thoughts. Even though he no longer performs procedures himself, he is the director of the clinic and has put together an incredible staff of doctors, nurses and fellows who have an incredibly high standard to achieve in working with him.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Zev Rosenwaks at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Rosenwaks is incredibly thorough and looks at every detail of your medical history and asks very specific questions to best understand your case. His entire staff of colleagues, Nurse’s and administrators are truly the best and are a firsthand extension of his dedication and care.
Describe the protocols Zev Rosenwaks used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
Dr. Rosenwaks informed us from the beginning that I may not get very many eggs from the retrieval because of low AMH/ high FSH levels, indicative of somewhat diminished ovarian reserve. I had a day 2 start after being on estrogen patches to suppress my eggs from having ones grow faster than the others because of my high FSH. I stimulated for 12 days on Follistim 300 units, Ganirelix cycle days 9 to 13, HCG trigger 10,000 units day 14. My egg retrieval yielded 4 mature eggs, ICSI, resulting in 3 day 5 blastocyst embryos. We transferred 1 and achieved positive pregnancy test. I was also taking intramuscular progesterone injections until miscarriage.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Katia Cosse)
Katia, Dr. Rosenwaks’ nurse practitioner is without question, an exceptional human. She is truly Dr. Rosenwaks right hand person, and on top of all of his cases. She is compassionate, professional, and caring all at once. She answers every hard question, calls back when she gets the answers from Dr. Rosenwaks that she needs, and is incredible at explaining anything clearly and concusses with patience and understanding of what you are going through, even if she hasn’t experienced it firsthand. Wally (Waleska) is Dr. Rosenwaks’ office administrator, and is wonderful in every way. She has been with him for a few decades and is the friendly voice you need when you need to make appointments for leave word for Dr. Rosenwaks. Last, I could not be more grateful to Jenny. She is the nurse/ ultrasound technician always on hand for appointments with Dr. Rosenwaks and her positivity and support is everything.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Everything about the clinic medically was incredibly organized. From scheduled appointments, to daily monitoring, it was not often we had to wait very long. I only had once instance in morning monitoring with a doctor doing the ultrasound that I felt was subpar (by only a little) to the others. But all results of morning monitoring and how well I was doing during stimulation was still ultimately in Dr. Rosenwaks’ hands. My greatest grievance with the clinic is how billing is handled. It was ultimately a mess. They tried to tell me multiple times I had 1 IVF cycle covered by insurance. I told them we spoke with my insurance company numerous times and that was not the case. Now we have extensive bills after they submitted through insurance when we should have been considered as a patient paying out of pocket. We are still working on getting this sorted out.
Often times lots of people waiting during morning monitoring hours. Generally didn’t wait more than 20-30 minutes. One side of waiting room is for scheduled doctor appts, other side is for monitoring.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Zev Rosenwaks at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Still working through this, but IUI under our insurance is 50% covered. No IVF or medication coverage, which right now having everything submitted through insurance which we are now receiving the bills for, comes out for about 23k. This does not included staying in an apartment since we live in Georgia.
Describe Zev Rosenwaks's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Dr. Rosenwaks highly prefers single embryo transfer for day 5 blastocysts for women under the age of 35.
Treated 2018 - 2020
Dr. Rosenwaks is a brilliant and compassionate doctor. As a pioneer of IVF his knowledge is unparalleled. He thinks on a whole other level. He is extremely busy and was not always able to see me for visits but he was sure to call when necessary and was always the one making the decisions about my care. He doesn't emote much during appointments, he is very practical/realistic and pragmatic. However, you can feel his connection and passion regardless....The doctor used estrogen patching to help lower my FSH and stimulate follicular activity. This was something other doctors had not tried.
The clinic [Weill Cornell] has a very high reputation to uphold and so they run things very efficiently, no boxes left unchecked. It's clean and comfortable. It's seamless to be seen at other offices/locations as needed. Weaknesses include the fact that it's a large practice that outside of your doctor visits makes you feel entirely like a number. There can be hundreds of women monitoring on a given Saturday morning . It's not always easy to get in touch with the office, as you sometimes have to through leaving multiple messages before you hear back. But once again, they're stellar practitioners and you feel like you can trust anyone there.
How was your experience with Zev Rosenwaks at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Trust him wholeheartedly. He will do what's best and give it his all. Try not to be put off by his busy schedule or quick/neutral interactions during monitoring visits - he has your best interests in mind and is fully committed.
Dr. Rosenwaks was always aware of where I was in each cycle, what recommendations he had made previously and what direction he wanted to go moving forward. He rarely had to look at my chart. As a patient of his you get the feeling that he's really in it with you.
The doctor used estrogen patching to help lower my FSH and stimulate follicular activity. This was something other doctors had not tried. He also watched the results of each cycle very closely and was calculated in when he triggered me - changing the levels and times to trigger me earlier as he discovered my egg quality decreased if we waited too long. This new timing resulted in pregnancies (albeit all subsequent miscarriages).
There are a lot of nurses and staff so it wasn't easy to keep track of who specifically was on top of my case or who I should be specifically make contact or connections with. The nurses were all very knowledgeable and supportive but it always felt like starting from square one when speaking with different nurses.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic has a very high reputation to uphold and so they run things very efficiently, no boxes left unchecked. It's clean and comfortable. It's seamless to be seen at other offices/locations as needed. Weaknesses include the fact that it's a large practice that outside of your doctor visits makes you feel entirely like a number. There can be hundreds of women monitoring on a given Saturday morning . It's not always easy to get in touch with the office, as you sometimes have to through leaving multiple messages before you hear back. But once again, they're stellar practitioners and you feel like you can trust anyone there.
You can go in for monitoring between 6:30-8:30 or 7-9, it was crowded but mostly run like a well oiled machine. I recommend going as early as possible for as short of a wait as possible.
Costs are comparable to all other clinics, I can't quote specifics.

Treated 2020
We worked with a team of nurses, genetic counselor, and phlebotomists [at Weill Cornell Medical College]. Every single person was kind and generous with their time. Nurses returned calls in a timely manner and office staff was very professional and caring...Well organized and early hours are available. I opted to come first thing at 6:30am (Tribeca location), so there was never a wait. The weekend monitoring appointments had to be done at the main uptown location. In that case there would be a short wait.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
From the first time we met Dr. Pereira, my husband and I felt confident in our decision to choose him for our care. I did a lot fo research, and I was impressed by feedback I read from his other patients. He took the time to review our history and background, and he took time to address our concerns and answer questions. We initially decided to consult with Dr. Pereira after experiencing a chemical pregnancy and a miscarriage. Considering my advanced maternal age, we did not want to waste time we wanted to make sure we did everything we could to grow our family. Dr. Pereira discussed his clinical opinion and recommendations he had for us. I still have the diagrams he drew to ensure we understood the whole process :). As we began our fertility journey, Dr. Pereira was involved during every appointment, and very responsive via phone and email. This was especially important as we were in the middle of our IVF cycle when the pandemic began in New York City. We were fortunate to have been able to retrieve our eggs and preserve our embryos during this unprecedented time. Dr. Pereira was very supportive during that time and he took every measure to keep us safe.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Expect to be given thorough, honest, and clear information. Make sure to ask questions, especially if feeling overwhelmed.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira was always patient, thorough, and responsive. He made sure to communicate clearly and respond timely to all of our questions and concerns. We always felt supported and safe in his care.
Describe the protocols Nigel Pereira used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
Based on my history of miscarriages, Dr. Pereira recommended IVF as a best course of action, including genetic testing of the embryos. However, before starting the cycle, we did a series of tests to rule out any other possible structural or genetic problems. After most of the tests came back normal, the likely explanation for my recurrent pregnancy loss appeared to be my advanced maternal age. Before fully committing to the IVF route, my husband and I requested to try two monitored natural cycles. Dr. Pereira was very supportive of this decision, and he and his team guided us through this process. Unfortunately the natural cycles did not work, so we agreed to proceed with our first IVF cycle in March. Our egg retrieval produced 13 eggs, 8 of which were mature. Out of 8 mature eggs, we got 7 embryos. We opted for genetic testing of embryos which meant they would be frozen on day 5. 3 embryos made it to day 5 and were tested. Test showed that one embryo was not a good two candidate for transfer, another was questionable, and the third was a good candidate for a transfer. Secondary to COVID-19 pandemic we had to delay our plan to transfer. As our fertility plan was halted, my husband and I tried to conceive again naturally in April. It was a success! Dr. Pereira was very happy for us and very supportive. We plan to postpone our transfer until we are ready to have our second baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: It was a team of nurses)
We worked with a team of nurses, genetic counselor, and phlebotomists. Every single person was kind and generous with their time. Nurses returned calls in a timely manner and office staff was very professional and caring.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
It is one of the cleanest clinics I have ever seen. The staff is wonderful! The only detail to consider is that Tribeca location currently does not do weekend monitoring hours. If your monitoring check-in day falls on a weekend, you have to go to the main clinic uptown. Not a huge inconvenience, but worth noting.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Fortunately my entire procedure and medications were covered by my insurance (Cigna). Our out of pocket expanses were $200 deductible, a number of $50 copays, and $1500 fee for genetic testing of embryos which was optional and not covered by the insurance.
Describe Nigel Pereira's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Treated 2019 - 2020
I am currently 7 weeks pregnant with twins. Dr. Reichman walked us through the IUI process with clear details. He is very professional while also having an approachable and friendly beside manner. He was even able to help us given all the uncertainty with the COVID-19 pandemic. We are thrilled to be pregnant after trying naturally for 2 years...The weekend before the IUI I had three follicles, which worried Dr. Reichman. We decided to check one more time that following Monday to see if any of the follicles would recede, and in fact that did happen (2 larger follicles and 1 small follicle). He explained that we had a 1% chance triplets and 8% chance of twins. Given that my husband and I are not opposed to having twins, we decided to move forward with the IUI. I got the trigger shot that day and then had the IUI scheduled the following day. 2 weeks later we found out we were pregnant, and about a week after that confirmed it was twins!
We did an induced cycle IUI with 50 mg of Clomid for 5 days [at Weill Cornell Medical College]. Dr. Reichman carefully monitored my ovulation cycle...[the nurses were] Professional, efficient, timely, and very helpful. An amazing team of healthcare professionals...The clinic is run very smoothly and professionally. All parts of my treatment plan were clearly explained to me. All test results were clearly explained. They helped with insurance matters. Also, they treated the COVID-19 pandemic with utmost care (check in with nurse before entering office, mandatory face masks, etc). I appreciated this very much.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Make sure to take notes early on, especially regarding insurance. Things can get very complicated!
Dr. Reichman gave us personalized care every step of the way of our treatment. He clearly explained what our treatment plan was and his office was amazingly helpful with the insurance handling.
We did an induced cycle IUI with 50 mg of Clomid for 5 days. Dr. Reichman carefully monitored my ovulation cycle. The weekend before the IUI I had three follicles, which worried Dr. Reichman. We decided to check one more time that following Monday to see if any of the follicles would recede, and in fact that did happen (2 larger follicles and 1 small follicle). He explained that we had a 1% chance triplets and 8% chance of twins. Given that my husband and I are not opposed to having twins, we decided to move forward with the IUI. I got the trigger shot that day and then had the IUI scheduled the following day. 2 weeks later we found out we were pregnant, and about a week after that confirmed it was twins!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
With our induced cycle IUI, I would estimate the total cost (with Oxford United insurance) to be about $2000 - $3000. This includes several in- office ultrasounds.
Treated 2019 - 2020
He knows your name. He is very receptive to my my husband's questions. He understands my anatomy, never seems rushed to perform an exam, ensures my comfort. ... We never felt dismissed. ... We chose IVF, PGS, and embryo freezing for our family planning. The decision involved our goals, benefits, risks, and costs. Dr Reichman helped us navigate through the complexity and uncertainty with every step, including the weighty discussion regarding which options to pursue given our Age, health, and intrinsic risks. He will give you facts and figures, there are no guarantees, he is honest and straightforward.
You should know that your RE [at Weill Cornell] may not be the one performing your retrievals or embryo transfer. Your RE may not be doing all your US monitoring. Your RE will of course see all the results and determine your care. ... As a patient you should be organized, know the billing department, your fertility department in your insurance company, the specialty pharmacy, the prior authorization (don't want a delay pending authorization), keep track of medications, know the estimated delivery times, keep track of the billing etc. The clinic tries to give you an overview, but given our health care system, there is alot of moving parts! Also the hospital and the clinic can bill you for what appears to be the same procedure, but they are indeed 2 separate statements. Post Covid, no partners are allowed in.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Reichman is extremely intelligent, patient, understanding, and compassionate. He is interested in your health and reproductive goals. He evaluated us, gave us options, and based on our family planning goals decided on a plan. We chose IVF, PGS, and embryo freezing for our family planning. The decision involved our goals, benefits, risks, and costs. Dr Reichman helped us navigate through the complexity and uncertainty with every step, including the weighty discussion regarding which options to pursue given our Age, health, and intrinsic risks. He will give you facts and figures, there are no guarantees, he is honest and straightforward. I also appreciate that he encouraged us to think through about our decision so that we may avoid potentially excessive procedures. He is also very responsive but it may take 2 to 3 days to get a reply via email. He was kind enough to email us as soon as he knew of a reassuring 1st hcg test before the nurse got to call us. Thank you Dr Reichman!
He is based on evidence and facts. The landscape of infertility and age can be a difficult one to face. He won't be abrasive about it but he won't sugar coat it either. He will be honest if he doesn't have all the answers. I believe he pursues and delivers excellence, science, evidence, and patient centered quality care.
He knows your name. He is very receptive to my my husband's questions. He understands my anatomy, never seems rushed to perform an exam, ensures my comfort. Regardless of our questions, he answers them in a genuine, honest, straightforward way. We never felt dismissed.
Both my cycles for egg retrieval used 325 mg Gonal F and 75 mg Menopur. The Gonal F was titrated based on my lab results but it never exceeded 325mg. My trigger was a combo of HCG and Lupron. My 1st cycle resulted in 19 eggs retrieved, 8 immature, 11 mature, 8 fertilized via ICSI, 5 embryos made it to day 6 for genetic testing, 2 were euploid. My 2nd cycle, I was given an estrogen patch to help "sync" my eggs to reduce the number of immature eggs. The results, 22 eggs retrieved, 9 immature, 13 mature, 10 fertilized with ICSI, 8 embryos made it to day 6, 3 euploids. As per Dr Reichman, each euploid embryo has a 60% to possibly 70% chance of a live birth.
The nursing staff is excellent. Christine always returned my phone calls and addressed all my concerns. She's sympathetic and understanding. She was very patient and informative as I reviewed the medications, side effects, lab results, and the next plan.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The Tribeca clinic is modern, clean, and less busy than the upper east side. One strength is that you can go to either clinic for routine bloodwork and US. Dr Reichman prefers to do his own ultrasounds. On weekends, the upper east side is the only clinic that maybe opened (this may have changed post Covid). You should know that your RE may not be the one performing your retrievals or embryo transfer. Your RE may not be doing all your US monitoring. Your RE will of course see all the results and determine your care. IVF is daunting, in terms of all the steps, procedures, medications, costs, and uncertainty. As a patient you should be organized, know the billing department, your fertility department in your insurance company, the specialty pharmacy, the prior authorization (don't want a delay pending authorization), keep track of medications, know the estimated delivery times, keep track of the billing etc. The clinic tries to give you an overview, but given our health care system, there is alot of moving parts! Also the hospital and the clinic can bill you for what appears to be the same procedure, but they are indeed 2 separate statements. Post Covid, no partners are allowed in.
Our insurance covered some of the costs of the cycle. Genetic testing of the embryos was out of pocket pay for us, which became expensive but for us, necessary. We still had office visit co pays and medication co pays which added up. Lastly, they do balance billing so if the insurance did not cover the full cost, we are responsible for the difference.
He only transfers 1 euploid at a time. This is in sync with the recommendations of the ASRM, the American Society of Reproductive Medicine
Treated 2017 - 2020
[Dr. Reichman] recommend transferring one embryo with genetic testing (under a certain age) and I absolutely agree with that approach...always remembered everything about what is going on in my current cycle, what we had previously discussed, and past history...He won’t push any treatment plan on you unless he really believes it is the best option. I also really appreciate his bedside manner. I want a doctor who is straightforward and honest, and he is absolutely that. He will answer any and all concerns directly via email.
We did IVF with PGS testing [at Weill Cornell Medical College] due to recurrent pregnancy loss and were fortunate to have 2 successful pregnancies with Dr. Reichman. He carefully monitored my hormone levels and made adjustments to treatment plan as necessary...Very competent nurses and team...The Tribeca office is great. I always went early in the morning so I wouldn’t have to miss work and generally didn’t have to wait very long at all. I almost always saw Dr. Reichman directly. The uptown office is larger and was more of a wait, but if you get there early it is fine. All of the doctors who I saw were great.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is the best RE out there. I always felt 100% confident that he was knowledgeable and well-informed with regard to my treatment, and that he was giving me advice with the best intention. He won’t push any treatment plan on you unless he really believes it is the best option. I also really appreciate his bedside manner. I want a doctor who is straightforward and honest, and he is absolutely that. He will answer any and all concerns directly via email.
Go to him! I initially went because a friend recommended him, and have since recommended him to several of my own friends. Everyone I know who has gone to him has said he is a great doctor.
Dr. Reichman always remembered everything about what is going on in my current cycle, what we had previously discussed, and past history.
We did IVF with PGS testing due to recurrent pregnancy loss and were fortunate to have 2 successful pregnancies with Dr. Reichman. He carefully monitored my hormone levels and made adjustments to treatment plan as necessary.
Very competent nurses and team.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The uptown Weill Cornell office is pretty large and gets busy but I really like the Tribeca location where Dr. Reichman is. It is smaller and more intimate, which I prefer. I like that the monitoring hours are early, so that you don’t have to miss any work for monitoring during a treatment cycle.
About $20-$25k for an IVF cycle with PGS testing
Dr. Reichman and Weill Cornel recommend transferring one embryo with genetic testing (under a certain age) and I absolutely agree with that approach.
Treated 2019 - 2020
After removing my endometrioma and polyp, we tried naturally for some time and then did four IUIs [with Dr. Nigel Pereira]...We then moved onto one FET IVF (without PGT) which resulted in our current pregnancy... has always taken his time to explain things to me from the very beginning and went out of his way to assuage my worries. There was a time during my monitoring when I didn't get to see him but had a lot of questions. He immediately set up a time to call me and answered my questions.
My advice would be to be on top of everything and not rely on the nursing staff [at Weill Cornell Medical College] because they gave me the wrong information or forgot to mention things multiple times. Be sure to write everything down and double-check with them from your written notes each time they call you with instructions...The clinic runs pretty smoothly and the staff there is very friendly. They all knew me by name and I loved all of the staff at the Tribeca office. Can't think of any weaknesses, other than not having a fixed schedule for the person who does the notarization - and that's really a tiny thing. You can always call and ask.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira has always been very patient with me with all my questions and was always very caring during my visits, even with simple things other doctors during my monitoring never did like lowering the bed and helping me up (I'm a short person). He remembered my symptoms and diagnosis (which all doctors should, but most don't). He's one of those doctors when you speak with them, half your malaise is gone! :) Plus, he's funny, caring, and extremely caring.
Prepare a list of questions for Dr. Pereira before each visit. He will very patiently answer all of them if you ask.
Dr. Pereira has always taken his time to explain things to me from the very beginning and went out of his way to assuage my worries. There was a time during my monitoring when I didn't get to see him but had a lot of questions. He immediately set up a time to call me and answered my questions.
After removing my endometrioma and polyp, we tried naturally for some time and then did four IUIs (two with Letrozole and two natural) that did not result in pregnancy. We then moved onto one FET IVF (without PGT) which resulted in our current pregnancy. IVF Stimulation protocol: Day 2; 200FSH; Added Menopur with Antagonist; Dual trigger.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Crystal Wright)
Most of the nurses were okay in terms of being patient with my questions, being compassionate, etc. But one in particular nurse, Tamara Edme especially upset me on the day of transfer (when I was especially nervous). She was very rude to me when I asked her if I could ask questions saying that she didn't have time and had to get to other patients. After I insisted, she gave me the wrong information (not on purpose; she just didn't know). My advice would be to be on top of everything and not rely on the nursing staff because they gave me the wrong information or forgot to mention things multiple times. Be sure to write everything down and double-check with them from your written notes each time they call you with instructions.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Covered mostly by insurance. Co-pay was around a few thousand dollars.
Dr. Pereira advised me to do a single embryo transfer based on my age, stature, and diagnosis.
What specific things went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College.
This was not someone particularly from this clinic per se, but the nursing staff wasn't the best. I mentioned that before.
Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Pereira educated me on all of the tradeoffs and risk, he recommended a single embryo transfer and I listened to his recommendation, no questions asked. He felt this is safer and a better option for my body...I saw him at just about every single one of my monitoring appointments, he made sure to ask me questions about my life remembering details we had talked about the time before. He treated me extra delicately knowing about my fear of needles. The nurses are PHENOMENAL, I truly felt like they cared for me and knew my specific needs every time I walked into the Tribeca office.
I rarely waited for an appointment [at Weill Cornell Medical College]...It was super easy to get in touch with the doctor, a little harder to get in touch with the front desk directly, but I would go through my doctor's assistant. The IVF suite where retrieval and transfer was also very nice, clean and had sweet employees and nurses. The staff is all so educated and prepared, you are in great hands here...The nurses are PHENOMENAL, I truly felt like they cared for me and knew my specific needs every time I walked into the Tribeca office.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira must see 100s of patients, but he made me feel like he was specifically there for me. He answers emails within minutes and often would call me when I would send a panic email to reassure me that things were okay and we would troubleshoot where needed. He explained things to me when I had questions, I never felt emabrassed to ask anything and even during invasive treatment moments, I never felt self concious, he always made sure I was comfortable and aware of everything that I should expect to happen. His communication is stellar and his bed side manner, unmatched.
I would tell a prospective patient to ask every question, come prepared with questions since the appointments are often quick and routine. I would also encourage any patient to send an email when feeling unsure - there is no better feeling than your doctor reassuring you that things are okay when you feel that something may be wrong. Ask the question, write the email. He will be there for you!
Dr. Pereira is the best doctor I have ever seen. I saw him at just about every single one of my monitoring appointments, he made sure to ask me questions about my life remembering details we had talked about the time before. He treated me extra delicately knowing about my fear of needles. The nurses are PHENOMENAL, I truly felt like they cared for me and knew my specific needs every time I walked into the Tribeca office.
I began treatment with Dr. Pereira in October 2019 with Clomid and Timed Intercourse. Since we were diagnosed with unexplained infertility, there was really nothing wrong with us on paper, we started "slow" to see how I reacted to the Clomid. This cycle failed. But, we knew I was ovulating so perhaps it was timing - in November 2019, we tried Clomid again with a trigger shot and Timed Intercourse, this cycle also failed but again, I had ovulated. In December, we tried an IUI which unfortunately failed as well. Now we know I ovulate and my partner's sperm is perfectly normal, however, my Prolactin level came back slightly elevated. Dr. Pereira assured me it was nothing to worry about but I did have an MRI on my brain to ensure there was no pituatary tumor. MRI was clear! I took January and February off as I had a cyst from the Clomid. In March, we tried Letrozole and my body responded better to this medication, I ovulated, we triggered and tried IUI. This cycle failed as well. COVID hit and treatment was cancelled. The second treatment was able to resume, Dr. Pereira was in contact with me to discuss next steps. We tried one more Letrozole cycle in May before moving on to IVF. I came to this conclusion in partnership with Dr. Pereira. I was frustrated and ready to move on to a more advanced option. Dr. Pereira and team gave me all the information I needed to begin (it's a lot) and even helped with insurance as that is almost the hardest part of this whole thing! We began IVF in June and responded very well to the protocol. Dr. Pereira was very supportive and involved every step of the way. I am terrified of needles to the nurses supported me with bloodwork and made me feel comfortable. We had our egg retrieval and decided on a "freeze all" cycle and a day 5 FET. We retrieved 20 eggs, 19 mature and 12 made it to day 5! Outstanding results, we could not have been happier. We did do ICSI and did not do genetic testing on the embryos. For our transfer cycle, I was able to do a natural cycle with no medication, just monitoring for ovulation so a lot of bloodwork but was so grateful to be able to do this naturally and unmedicated. Dr.Pereira had faith in me! We had our transfer and found out we were pregnant in August. I am currently 3 months pregnant with a healthy baby girl.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Inez and Crystal )
The nurses at Cornell are amazing! Inez was my go-to at monitoring appointments and for bloodwork, she is an angel. She would let me lay down and treated me with kid gloves as this was my biggest fear. If Inez was not around, the other nurses were also just as sweet - they would even give me an apple juice and snack afterwards. Crystal would call me with results and next steps after monitoring and she was very clear and thorough, which I always appreciated.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Weill Cornell is huge but I never felt like a number. I personally received majority of my treatment at the Tribeca office which is beautiful and clean. I rarely waited for an appointment. It was during COVID times so things were different but so clean, so safe and organized. It was super easy to get in touch with the doctor, a little harder to get in touch with the front desk directly, but I would go through my doctor's assistant. The IVF suite where retrieval and transfer was also very nice, clean and had sweet employees and nurses. The staff is all so educated and prepared, you are in great hands here.
I had great insurance. Copay for appointments were $40 each time. IUI was about $300-$500 each time. My MRI was $1600. IVF was about $30k all in.
Treated 2020
Ask all your questions! He [Dr. Nigel Pereira] will take the time to thoroughly answer...He warned that bc of my PCOS hyper-stimulation was likely (preventing live embryo transfer) and that did happen. I was disappointed but he explained the repercussions of proceeding while experiencing hyperstimulation and I felt assured he was giving good advice. Instead we did a day-5 frozen embryo transfer which resulted in a positive pregnancy test. I’m now 25 weeks and have felt totally fine throughout this pregnancy. I attribute it in part to Dr. P’s smooth launch!
They [staff at Weill Cornell Medical College] were clean, organized, fast, efficient, and kind! I *occasionally* had to play a little phone tag with the nurses when I had questions about meds. Otherwise, I only have positive things to say! The tribeca office is conveniently located next to a target and across from the Whole Foods... fertility and errands! Many of the “final” steps (retrieval, transfer, etc) happened at their UES location which was less convenient.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I would highly recommend Dr. Pereira! If I have to go through this process again, I will do all I can to work with him. I recommend him to all my friends experiencing infertility. He encouraged us to do one round of clomid (unsuccessful) and did not insist on my trying IUI, which I was not interested in, given research and my personal case. He talked us through all the information of all options and gave us time to think things through.
Ask all your questions! He will take the time to thoroughly answer.
Dr. P spent time with me, answered all my emails and phone calls personally, spent time with me during appointments to chat and brainstorm my scenario (moving across the country days after embryo transfer), , and explained the snags along the way before, during, and after things came up. I did all of this during Covid and he took time to video chat with my husband as well.
We tried one round of clomid. It did not work. He suggested a round of IUI but because we were moving and I have heard so few success stories for women with PCOS conceiving via IUI we decided to skip it and he was okay with that. Throughout the IVF process he and his office were great communicators about what meds to take following blood labs. He warned that bc of my PCOS hyper-stimulation was likely (preventing live embryo transfer) and that did happen. I was disappointed but he explained the repercussions of proceeding while experiencing hyperstimulation and I felt assured he was giving good advice. Instead we did a day-5 frozen embryo transfer which resulted in a positive pregnancy test. I’m now 25 weeks and have felt totally fine throughout this pregnancy. I attribute it in part to Dr. P’s smooth launch!
They were all wonderful! I saw them almost daily and was briefly on a first name basis. Because we did this during Covid, I saw very few other people and felt like they were my only friends for a while!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
They were clean, organized, fast, efficient, and kind! I *occasionally* had to play a little phone tag with the nurses when I had questions about meds. Otherwise, I only have positive things to say! The tribeca office is conveniently located next to a target and across from the Whole Foods... fertility and errands! Many of the “final” steps (retrieval, transfer, etc) happened at their UES location which was less convenient.
My husband’s insurance was amazing so our costs were low. Not sure about the office’s costs
Dr. P said he only transfers one at a time. He assured us it was the safest option.
Treated 2020
I loved that Dr. Stewart saw me for every visit and made time to sit down and actually talk/answer any questions I had...was wonderful from the first visit. I was honestly not expecting someone so kind, patient and approachable. From the beginning, he took the time to explain every procedure, treatment, and next step with patience and kindness. I can tell that he genuinely cares about his patients and never worried that I would not get the care and/or answers I needed. I wish he could be my OB beyond fertility treatment!
The nurses (Sarah and Molly) [at Weill Cornell Medical College] always got back to me as soon as my test results were in and were great at communicating...The clinic itself is clean, spacious and beautiful. All of the staff members are kind and compassionate. Sherrell, at the front desk, was always so nice, easy to talk to and prompt in getting me and my husband scheduled for any procedures or appointments...Protocols I started with ovulation monitoring due to secondary infertility (12 months TTC, with a 2 year old that was not difficult to conceive). This monitoring involved bloodwork and ultrasound around the time of ovulation to predict timing and schedule timed intercourse. Dr. Stewart saw a small calcification on my uterus that may have been a remnant from my first pregnancy. I went for a hysteroscopy (D&C) to have this area removed as it was possible it was preventing successful implantation. Dr. Stewart told me many times that this was not 100%, that this may not have been causing any issues with implantation but that it couldn't be ruled out as an issue. He made sure that I was in full agreement on proceeding with this as a next step. I actually pushed for this to be done. After this, I did one cycle of Letrozole with a trigger injection. This was to ensure ovulation was actually occurring and also time intercourse even more accurately.
How was your experience with Joshua Stewart at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Stewart was wonderful from the first visit. I was honestly not expecting someone so kind, patient and approachable. From the beginning, he took the time to explain every procedure, treatment, and next step with patience and kindness. I can tell that he genuinely cares about his patients and never worried that I would not get the care and/or answers I needed. I wish he could be my OB beyond fertility treatment!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joshua Stewart at Weill Cornell Medical College?
With Dr. Stewart, you are in great hands!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joshua Stewart at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Describe the protocols Joshua Stewart used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
The nurses (Sarah and Molly) always got back to me as soon as my test results were in and were great at communicating.
Brooklyn

Treated 2020
Dr. Pereira recommended that I do 3 rounds of timed intercourse with Letrozole before moving onto IVF again after 3 rounds of failed IVF at RMA. I asked him if IUI would increase my chance within those 3 rounds. He advised that since my husband has no issues that I do not need IUI. I took it with a grain of salt but he was right! Because I got pregnant in the second medicated cycle. He knows what he is talking about. His plan for me was in my best interest. Plus I saved money without having to do unnecessary procedures. The results said everything. As a side note, I did receive acupuncture and moxibustion therapy during the 2 cycles as well. I also ate healthy and exercised a lot.
The nurses were kind and professional at [Weill Cornell Medical College]. They were sincere...The clinic is big, bright and super clean. The patient bathrooms are big as well. The exam rooms hold 2 ultrasound monitors so that was nice. I could see my ovaries on one monitor clearly. The location is a bit far from where I live but it was worth the commute.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
My experience with Dr. Pereira has been amazing. He is very responsive in emails. Sometimes he even called me after his work hours to update me on my test results and when to have timed intercourse. During my 2nd medicated cycle, I had emailed him to report that I had received a positive at home pregnancy test late. He called me back almost right away (prior to his surgery) advising my of next steps. I felt there was definitely ongoing communication during the whole process and it made me feel like I am in good hands. I felt like I was working with a doctor that really cared. Whereas, when I was working with RMA, I barely hear from the doctors until the last step (unsuccessful result).
I highly recommend Dr. Periera. If you are trying to get pregnant, or are considering changing clinics, you should go to Dr. Pereira (Weill Cornell).
Dr. Periera took the time to explain to me PCOS and how it affects my chance in conceiving. My husband and I held several zoom video appointments with Dr. Pereira. Each time, he was very caring and thorough. He shared his knowledge with us like a professor. He even drew pictures to explain medical concepts. He also set realistic expectations based on our medical history and records. Every time I visit him during my appointment, he remembers my name and even my husband's name. I felt well cared for. Most importantly, he does not jump into IVF right away with me, knowing I had 3 failed IVF cycles previously with RMA. He actually recommended 3 rounds of timed intercourse with Letrozole, given that there are no other issues with my fertility health except for PCOS. My husband's sperm analysis is normal. He also responds to emails within 24 hours if not within an hour - great doctor!
The nurses were kind and professional. They were sincere.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
My insurance pays for ultrasounds and medications. I only pay co-pays.
No comments. I did not do IVF with Dr. Pereira.
Treated 2020
Dr. Reichman has a large volume of patients. However, he always makes himself available to discuss questions and concerns. Nothing is to silly or small. Make sure you do your research and come prepared with your questions. Dr. Reichman is a very trustworthy doctor. He is extremely knowledgeable and I have found that he will not lead you in the wrong direction...My egg retrieval protocol was basically the same for all three retrievals as it yielded good results, especially for my age. I used Gonal F, Menopur and Leupron. During my first retrieval I wound up with 6 embryos that we froze on Day 1. The next round, I used the same protocol and wound up with 3 embryos to freeze on Day 1. The last retrieval, we decided to try a fresh transfer, which unfortunately did not work out since the quality of the one embryo I had left was not good. Right after that, it was decided that we would use the frozen embryos from the first retrieval. Dr. Reichman was well aware of my goals and how important this was to me. He designed the right plan that worked for me.
Christine [nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College] was very responsive, organized and overall invested in my success. I did a great deal of monitoring remotely and Christine always made sure I had all of the scripts I needed...The greatest strength of Weill Cornell is the quality of doctors and embryologists that work there. This clinic is run very efficiently. I never had to wait too long in the Tribeca office. The uptown office was much busier and although wait times were longer, I feel the level of service I received was superior. After coming from a private clinic that I really did feel like I was just a number at, I can truly say I was impressed with my treatment at Cornell, even with the amount of volume they had!
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I went to see Dr. Reichman after careful consideration and much research. The clinic I was previously using would not allow me to use my own eggs due to my age, even after I had a previously successful pregnancy with them at the age of 42. I was set on trying to become pregnant once again at the age of 44 using my own eggs. Dr. Reichman was not only a very skillful doctor, he was very compassionate. I needed a doctor who was going to "think outside of the box" in my case. However, I also needed someone with great skill and knowledge. I consider myself very blessed to have found Dr. Reichman. At my age, I did not want to PGS test my embryos, as I knew that most likely the quality would not come back as great. Dr. Reichman set a protocol for me that none of the other doctors I had met with or worked with even mentioned. However, it was something I was on board with 100 percent. He was very honest with me in regards to the statistics. However, I found him to be very positive and encouraging. He was truly invested in my success. When I had setbacks, they were his setbacks as well. However, he was the one to look upward and onward. He refused to give up on me. When I finally did have success, Dr. Reichman was extremely cautious given my age. However, after DNA testing was completed and the results were in, Dr. Reichman could not hide his own excitement when he personally called me with the good news. "We did it" I think were his exact words! Dr. Reichman is extremely skilled, knowledgeable, honest, compassionate and invested in his patients' success.
Weill Cornell is an extremely busy clinic. However, I never once felt like a number. Dr. Reichman was always readily available to answer my questions and concerns.
Due to my age, I had requested to go straight to IVF. My intention was to "bank" as many embryos as I could since I was not doing PGS testing. My egg retrieval protocol was basically the same for all three retrievals as it yielded good results, especially for my age. I used Gonal F, Menopur and Leupron. During my first retrieval I wound up with 6 embryos that we froze on Day 1. The next round, I used the same protocol and wound up with 3 embryos to freeze on Day 1. The last retrieval, we decided to try a fresh transfer, which unfortunately did not work out since the quality of the one embryo I had left was not good. Right after that, it was decided that we would use the frozen embryos from the first retrieval. Dr. Reichman was well aware of my goals and how important this was to me. He designed the right plan that worked for me.
Christine was very responsive, organized and overall invested in my success. I did a great deal of monitoring remotely and Christine always made sure I had all of the scripts I needed. She spent a great deal of time answering my questions thoroughly . When I needed to leave a message, I always received a call back promptly. The other nurses, especially Val, were terrific as well. I remember one time feeling very discouraged and sharing my thoughts with her. She was so encouraging and told me not to give up. When I finally did get pregnant, she was beyond excited to tell me about the positive result!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I am very lucky that my costs were covered under insurance.
Due to my age, I did not have PGS testing on any of these embryos. We thawed 6 embryos and 3 of them looked "decent." Dr. Reichman believed that we should transfer the three. When I questioned him about one of the embryos, he informed me of the statistics and his previous experiences. I put my trust in him and he did not disappoint!
Treated 2020
He [Dr. David Reichman] is an excellent communicator and he will answer every question you have, and give you a detailed answers with realistic assessments...He was thorough, and we felt that we could trust him to do his very best to help us achieve a pregnancy...we tried only IUI cycles based on my circumstances and his knowledge and experiences. We first tried without medication, then adjusted the treatment course to include additional layers of medication in subsequent cycles, with the final cycle resulting in a pregnancy.
Christine [at Weill Cornell Medical College] was awesome. She was caring and compassionate, she was quick on the ball, and extremely thorough. She made the whole process run smoothly, and made getting appointments painless...Strengths: Clean, thorough, very organized. Multiple locations, so appointments may be easier to get (including on weekends). Weaknesses: Because they have multiple locations, sometimes you may end up having to go to different offices for appointments.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
We had first engaged with a different fertility clinic, and we didn't know anything about the process and how fertility treatments should be conducted. When we switched to Dr. Reichman, we feel like we finally understood how fertility treatments should be undertaken by a real professional, and we felt that we were in the right hands. He was honest with our situation and our chances, and he made sure to advise us and make adjustments to our courses of treatment tailored to our individual circumstances. He was thorough, and we felt that we could trust him to do his very best to help us achieve a pregnancy.
Don't be afraid to ask any and all questions that you might have about the process - about treatments, things you should or shouldn't do, what to expect, etc. He is an excellent communicator and he will answer every question you have, and give you a detailed answers with realistic assessments.
I felt like Dr. Reichman and his team was closely watching everything that was happening with me when it comes to fertility and achieving a pregnancy. There were quick follow-ups after every visit and if needed, they were available for an appointment on short notice (including next day).
Dr. Reichman and we tried only IUI cycles based on my circumstances and his knowledge and experiences. We first tried without medication, then adjusted the treatment course to include additional layers of medication in subsequent cycles, with the final cycle resulting in a pregnancy.
Christine was awesome. She was caring and compassionate, she was quick on the ball, and extremely thorough. She made the whole process run smoothly, and made getting appointments painless.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
We were responsible for only visit and medication copays.
Treated 2019 - 2020
He [Dr. David Reichman] approaches his patient's problems as they are his own... has this unique way of talking to people that makes you feel incredibly important. He listens to your concerns and creates a treatment plan that best suits your case. He makes himself available to you at all times and give precise explanations...he examined me and was confident that I can have a child on my own. He did remove an uterine polyp and the next month I started the IVF stimulation. Now, at age 40, I am two months pregnant and extremely happy. Dr.Reichmen is very professional, incredibly smart, and his scientific knowledge is well applied.
My nurse [at Weill Cornell Medical College] responded to the inquiries I had within the same day. She was excellent!...This is the best clinic and best experience for me. The staff consists of professionals only. Very kind and respectful people. All my questions were answered, all my concerns were addressed. Most of all, they are extremely organized, you know every step you have to take. They create individual plan for you which suits you and your needs. You will never feel alone, abundant, or mistreated.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman made the impossible possible. I had two unsuccessful IVF treatments with RMA of NJ. I was told that will never have a children on my own and need a donor eggs. We also deal with male fertility factor, so our chances to conceive on our own were zero. When I first met Dr.Reichman he examined me and was confident that I can have a child on my own. He did remove an uterine polyp and the next month I started the IVF stimulation. Now, at age 40, I am two months pregnant and extremely happy. Dr.Reichmen is very professional, incredibly smart, and his scientific knowledge is well applied. He is also one of the most honest, humble and kind people I have ever met in my life. Words cannot express our thankfulness. I belive in dr.Reichman and rank him as one of the BEST physicians in the field.
Take him, without a second thought. He approaches his patient's problems as they are his own.
Dr. Reichman has this unique way of talking to people that makes you feel incredibly important. He listens to your concerns and creates a treatment plan that best suits your case. He makes himself available to you at all times and give precise explanations .
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College.
My nurse responded to the inquiries I had within the same day. She was excellent!
Treated 2019 - 2020
While Weill Cornell is an extremely busy practice, I appreciated the efficiency of my appointments, where I was usually in and out pretty quickly. While the nurses didn't know me personally (they see a TON of patients daily), they were always friendly and warm. I realized I was a "number" but was totally OK with that because I trusted the care of the team and always felt like I was in good hands...For daily monitoring the nurses were friendly and efficient. For my surgeries, the nursing team was extremely warm and compassionate. For IVF specifically, the nurses were warm, knowledgeable, always answered any questions and called me back promptly.
How was your experience with Steven Spandorfer at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I saw Dr. Spandorfer over the course of several months and always felt like I was in very good care with him. He performed two surgeries on me (hysteroscopy & a D&C) and both were seamless with no complications. I also went through two attempts at pregnancy (1 natural IUI and 1 FET) and both resulted in a pregnancy. The IUI ended in a miscarriage and that was because the embryo had abnormal chromosomes (he performed a D&C to remove the embryo and it was tested). I also went through 1 IVF cycle with him and had the embryos tested, and transferred 1 embryo which resulted in pregnancy. Overall, I found Dr. Spandorfer to be extremely knowledgeable, friendly enough, and always made time to answer any questions I had. I always felt comfortable during all my appointments, procedures, and surgeries. When I experienced the miscarriage he expressed genuine compassion. In terms of his style and demeanor, he isn't the type to talk forever and hold your hand. You definitely need to come with the questions you have because he isn't one to divulge or give you too much info unless it's absolutely necessary. You need to be prepared with what you want to know and get clarity on - and ask! Once you do he will give you the information. He is friendly and tried to keep things light - usually cracking a light joke which I found helpful during a process that can be so intense and grueling. I would highly recommend him to anyone who wants an experienced, skilled doctor and doesn't mind that he isn't your best friend during the process.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Steven Spandorfer at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Come prepared with your questions and ask! I found him to not say too much - only the basics are necessary info - for anything else you need to ask him.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Steven Spandorfer at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic is definitely a well-run factory but I really loved that. It was super efficient and I appreciated how they were able to see so many patients on a daily basis. It's definitely a great choice for anyone who appreciates efficiency and doesn't necessarily need too much hand-holding.