Zev Rosenwaks

657 Main Street
Mount Kisco, NY 10549

Treated 2014 - 2017
Investment Banker
I don’t think he [Dr. Owen Davis] paid enough attention to my individual case and what could have been causing my infertility. My treatment was not customized. It was generally very difficult to get in touch with the doctor...Good bedside manner...happy to just keep doing IVF cycles without alteration given my unlimited insurance benefit. I self-diagnosed that my fibroids may have driven my infertility which the doctors had ignored.
I frequently had to chase nurses [at Weill Cornell] to get them to call in prescriptions. They were overwhelmed and had short fuses with patients. Doctors were happy to just keep doing IVF cycles without alteration given my unlimited insurance benefit. I self-diagnosed that my fibroids may have driven my infertility which the doctors had ignored...$15k per cycle...Professional Experienced doctors...Clean facilities Accepts insurance Operates generally like a well-oiled machine Modern facilities Range of doctors and specialties onsite and within walking distance Weaknesses: It’s a money making machine Doctors don’t tailor protocols enough No examination of nutritional or lifestyle deficiencies
How was your experience with Owen Davis at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I don’t think he paid enough attention to my individual case and what could have been causing my infertility. My treatment was not customized. It was generally very difficult to get in touch with the doctor as well as the nurses.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Owen Davis at Weill Cornell Medical College?
If it doesn’t work after a couple of tries and you don’t see active involvement in diagnosing what could be the issue, switch centers.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Owen Davis at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Good bedside manner
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Professional Experienced doctors Clean facilities Accepts insurance Operates generally like a well-oiled machine Modern facilities Range of doctors and specialties onsite and within walking distance Weaknesses: It’s a money making machine Doctors don’t tailor protocols enough No examination of nutritional or lifestyle deficiencies
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Efficient
Describe the costs associated with your care under Owen Davis at Weill Cornell Medical College.
$15k per cycle
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College.
I frequently had to chase nurses to get them to call in prescriptions. They were overwhelmed and had short fuses with patients. Doctors were happy to just keep doing IVF cycles without alteration given my unlimited insurance benefit. I self-diagnosed that my fibroids may have driven my infertility which the doctors had ignored.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Going to see Dr Melnick was like going to see a friend. A real partner in the whole process. I never felt like just another patient - she really cares and wants to make sure I am comfortable through the whole process.... Conservative with rushing to IVF. Doesn’t push patients to go that route until it’s needed.... Hours for monitoring [Weill Cornell] are good. Doctors almost always are available. Good with working with billing and help to work with insurance.
Hours for monitoring [Weill Cornell] are good. Doctors almost always are available. Good with working with billing and help to work with insurance. They provide a lot of documentation to help you navigate the entire process. Very good about contacting you.... Going to see Dr Melnick was like going to see a friend. A real partner in the whole process. I never felt like just another patient - she really cares and wants to make sure I am comfortable through the whole process.
How was your experience with Alexis Melnick at Weill Cornell Medical College?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alexis Melnick at Weill Cornell Medical College?
She can sometimes feel rushed but will slow down if you have questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alexis Melnick at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Personable Asked how I am doing and genuinely wanted to know Very personable staff
Describe the protocols Alexis Melnick used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Hours for monitoring are good. Doctors almost always are available. Good with working with billing and help to work with insurance. They provide a lot of documentation to help you navigate the entire process. Very good about contacting you.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alexis Melnick at Weill Cornell Medical College.
$45 co pay per visit
Treated 2013 - 2018
Dr Kang was always approachable, kind, positive, and realistic.... Dr. Kang is well experienced, candid, kind and approachable. I had a positive experience and appreciate how Dr Kang spoke to me with positive energy. Questions were always answered in a timely fashion and she could sense when I was overwhelmed.... It was clean and comfortable and felt like a medical practice. Normal appearance. Very busy clinic. Felt like an airport waiting room. High quality furniture and equipment. Lots of turnover as well. Diverse crowd of patients
It [Weill Cornell] was clean and comfortable and felt like a medical practice. Normal appearance. Very busy clinic. Felt like an airport waiting room. High quality furniture and equipment. Lots of turnover as well. Diverse crowd of patients... Dr. Kang is well experienced, candid, kind and approachable. I had a positive experience and appreciate how Dr Kang spoke to me with positive energy. Questions were always answered in a timely fashion and she could sense when I was overwhelmed.
How was your experience with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Ask many questions
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Kang was always approachable, kind, positive, and realistic.
Describe the protocols Hey-Joo Kang used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
Don’t remember
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Professional and kind
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Mostly insurance... IUI out of pocket $800
Describe Hey-Joo Kang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Treated 2014 - 2018
I did well with Lupron flare protocol [with Dr. Steven Spandorfer]...I have recommended him to all of my friends- he may not be as warm and fuzzy as some doctors but gets results. Won’t “hold your hand” but I don’t think that’s necessary. He is compassionate in an understated way...We did single transfer when it was off tested
I think IVF was 15k ish. FET are 4K [at Weill Cornell Medical College]...Amazing lab and so well organized but...very slow. Prepare to wait for all of your appointments. It’s a cattle call system. Procedures are also very long because of the admitting process. I would recommend...Nurses there are great...I did well with Lupron flare protocol [with Dr. Steven Spandorfer]...I have recommended him to all of my friends- he may not be as warm and fuzzy as some doctors but gets results
How was your experience with Steven Spandorfer at Weill Cornell Medical College?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Steven Spandorfer at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Ask questions even if you feel rushed.
Describe the protocols Steven Spandorfer used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
I did well with Lupron flare protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Nurses there are great
Cattle call. Ugh.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Spandorfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
I think IVF was 15k ish. FET are 4K
Describe Steven Spandorfer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
We did single transfer when it was off tested
Success w/ Doc 10 Eggs Frozen
The cost was not outrageous [at Weill Cornell Medical College]. It was comparable to most egg freezing clinics. Also, I feel safe with my eggs stored there...[Dr. Roney Elias] was the third doctor I encountered in the process while freezing my eggs...I had low reserve. The private clinic in Providence told me I would never get pregnant or have the ability to freeze my eggs. Dr Elias was an amazing, brilliant and compassionate doctor. He told me I still had a chance to get pregnant and better yet he would successfully freeze my eggs. He did not give me false hope. I successfully froze ten. I am now on my way to using those eggs now...
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Many clinics will turn you down because they are only concerned about their appearance and numbers. The best is Weill Cornell. Dr.Elias is outstanding. He is honest, compassionate, non judgemental and brilliant. You are not just a number to him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
You will breathe a sigh of relief when you meet Dr. Elias. He will do everything he can to help you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Elias was the third doctor I encountered in the process while freezing my eggs. The first was NYU. The second was a private clinic in Providence, RI not associated with Women and Infants. I had low reserve. The private clinic in Providence told me I would never get pregnant or have the ability to freeze my eggs. Dr Elias was an amazing, brilliant and compassionate doctor. He told me I still had a chance to get pregnant and better yet he would successfully freeze my eggs. He did not give me false hope. I successfully froze ten. I am now on my way to using those eggs now.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Compared to other Clinics they are the best and most professional. They outrank NYU by far. I encountered some IVF clinics that should not be allowed to exist. It was a scary and demoralizing experience when you encounter these clinics. Weill Cornell is the best in the world with the best IVF doctors. Compassion is #1 here.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College.
The cost was not outrageous. It was comparable to most egg freezing clinics. Also, I feel safe with my eggs stored there.
Treated 2016
Dr. Spandorfer has an excellent bedside manner. He puts you at ease with his humor. He gives you hope even in the most grim situation while still being frank about the circumstances. He gave me treatment even when a previous doctor had given me no hope. When the first round of IVF was unsuccessful, he carefully tailored and alternative method of treatment for the next cycle. Ultimately, he helped me to successfully have a baby girl and for that I am eternally grateful to him.
Several doctors [at Cornell] who meet together to determine e best course of treatment. Clean, modern facility. Very large so tons of patients...For 2 cycles about $40k including all medications...Know that you will not see him [Dr. Steven Spandorfer] at every visit which is typical of larger fertility clinics, however, he will call you back if you leave messages with his assistant...Jackie was absolutely amazing. She called me back instantly, was very informative and always full of hope. The other nurses at the clinic are nice and attentive as well.
Know that you will not see him at every visit which is typical of larger fertility clinics, however, he will call you back if you leave messages with his assistant.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Steven Spandorfer at Weill Cornell Medical College?
The doctors and nurses at the clinic were very responsive and willing to take time to answer all of my questions. Dr Spandorfer puts you at ease with humor and gives you hope.
39yo, dimished ovarian reserve, 6 failed IUI cycles at age 33 with another doctor, 1 miscarriage (natural pregnancy) at 7 weeks at age 36, 2 cycles IVF at 39 yo,1 live birth of singleton girl at 39 yo 1st IVF Cycle 4 eggs retrieved, 1 fertilized but did not make it to day 3, day 3 transfer cancelled. Estrogen patch Gonal-F Menopur Garilinix 2nd IVF Cycle 4 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized with ICSI, 4 transferred on day 3 (14 cell, 10 cell & (2) 8 cell). 1 implanted. 1 successful live birth of healthy baby girl. Birth control Lupron Gonal-F Progesterone
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Jackie Stahl)
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Several doctors who meet together to determine e best course of treatment. Clean, modern facility. Very large so tons of patients.
Tons of patients, however, wait time was not too long.
For 2 cycles about $40k including all medications
Because of my history, age, low AMH, we transferred all 4 embryos (per doctors suggestion)

Treated 2014
Dr. Spandorfer was not a hand holder but he was efficient clear and willing to work with me despite my diminished ovarian reserve....Spandorfer was really not phased by my high FSH and low antral follicle count. Unlike my doctor at my previous clinic, Spandorfer told me he would be willing to go ahead to retrieval even if we only managed to produce one bag he said it was my decision. That made me feel like he respected my agency and like he wasn't fixated on statistics.
Weill-Cornell was like a breath of fresh air.... The facility was clean with new looking equipment...it's attached to a research university...I felt that Weill-Cornell is willing, therefore, to take risks on patients rather than pushing them to look elsewhere or opt for donor eggs....One thing I noticed it was different from the other clinic I attended is that they would call you up for monitoring by first and last name
I answered some of this in the previous question but I would say Dr. Spandorfer was not a hand holder but he was efficient clear and willing to work with me despite my diminished ovarian reserve. And by work with me I mean he was willing to do an egg retrieval and insemination and a transfer even with very few eggs produced by stimulation -- which by the way I had gotten from other doctors with various mixes of medication so I think it was inevitable .
Be aware that you might not have your transfer with him. iIt might be another doctor and in my case that other doctor pushed for us to transfer two embryos even though we only wanted to transfer one.
After a long, bad experience at a more commercial IVF clinic in NYC, Weill-Cornell was like a breath of fresh air. Literally, actually. The waiting room had natural light coming from big windows as opposed to being a cramped crowded dark space space. The facility was clean with new looking equipment as opposed to the other facility I'd been a patient at. And I found Cornell to be much more efficiently run. To answer the number versus human question a bit more directly, Spandorfer was really not phased by my high FSH and low antral follicle count. Unlike my doctor at my previous clinic, Spandorfer told me he would be willing to go ahead to retrieval even if we only managed to produce one bag he said it was my decision. That made me feel like he respected my agency and like he wasn't fixated on statistics.
I'm a bit hazy on the protocol specifics. I remember estrogen priming high doses of Gonal-F and something else I can't remember. None of the DHEA or anything else that I've heard some doctors use for diminished ovarian reserve cases.
They were just really efficient organized professional .
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
It is clean and organized. It's a pleasant place to be relatively speaking. Most importantly though it's attached to a research university which I think is a very important aspect of any medical establishment. This means that the doctors are more informed of their more curious and innovative and they're less fixated on statistics and money than other places. I felt that Weill-Cornell is willing, therefore, to take risks on patients rather than pushing them to look elsewhere or opt for donor eggs.
It was an efficient well oiled machine . One thing I noticed it was different from the other clinic I attended is that they would call you up for monitoring by first and last name. The other clinic would just use first names presumably for anonymity. I found that kind of stupid because of course you could see the person, so if you know them you know that they're there for infertility. But I also found the use of first names only at the other office in the monitoring hours to be subtly infantilizing. It did mean at Cornell that I noticed a colleague was there and I might not of noticed that she was there if she hadn't been called up to the desk by first and last name. But I didn't think this was a big deal since obviously were all in the same situation so it's not like I'm going to go gossiping to our mutual colleagues that she was at my infertility clinic, thus outing myself as a fellow infertile.
I have insurance from the state of Massachusetts --" Romney care "-- which provides excellent coverage so I was not too aware of the price per procedure .
We had a different doctor for the transfer I think his name was Dr. Cho . I was in the surgery room and he said something like, "Did Dr. Spandorfer talk to you about transferring one or two embryos?" He hadn't and then Dr. Cho sort of talked us out of our preference for a single embryo transfer even though we absolutely positively did not want to have twins and felt very strongly about single embryo transfer .
Treated 2007 - 2012
When I came to Dr. Spandorfer, I'd already been told by two other doctors that there was likely no hope for me to have a baby. Dr. Spandorfer said, "there's always hope," and agreed to treat me - unlike my previous two doctors who'd declined to treat me again because of two failed IVF cycles. ... Dr. Spandorfer was kind, funny, steadfast ... He was patient and kind with me ...
The clinic - at least when I went there a few years ago - was truly state-of-the-art. They really seemed to have everything under control and orderly, from making appointments, to timing of all the medical aspects, to moving patients through the process. ... The nursing staff is knowledgeable and extremely capable. That said, this is a very busy clinic. As such, once you've started the fertility protocol, you're on a somewhat rigid and set schedule of tests and injections, and the nursing staff sometimes doesn't have a ton of time to explain things in infinite detail.
It would be impossible to overemphasize how amazing my experience as a patient of Dr. Spandorfer's was. He took me as a patient, despite a history of failed IVF. At the time, many clinics were not taking patients like me because they didn't want to mess up their high ratings. He was patient and kind with me - and most importantly, there's now a beautiful little girl who exists because of him. I owe him my new life as a mom.
Be patient and trust his advice.
When I came to Dr. Spandorfer, I'd already been told by two other doctors that there was likely no hope for me to have a baby. Dr. Spandorfer said, "there's always hope," and agreed to treat me - unlike my previous two doctors who'd declined to treat me again because of two failed IVF cycles. They didn't want to reduce their clinic's success ratings. Dr. Spandorfer was kind, funny, steadfast - and his expertise as a physician made me into the mom of a beautiful, amazing baby.
The nursing staff is knowledgeable and extremely capable. That said, this is a very busy clinic. As such, once you've started the fertility protocol, you're on a somewhat rigid and set schedule of tests and injections, and the nursing staff sometimes doesn't have a ton of time to explain things in infinite detail. They're empathetic, but the process is such that it does feel rushed sometimes. That said, the internet exists to do the research of the super-fine details of procedures and protocols.

Treated 2018 - 2019
Pak Chung was very attentive. The clinic itself you feel a bit like a number, but he was great.... He was direct and informative and realistic. He explained to us the science first and why certain things were going to happen. Even though he rarely did our monitoring ultrasounds, when there were issues, he called us directly and was helpful about answering all of our questions.... I am now in the process of a donor egg cycle due to DOR.
The clinic [Weill Cornell] is clean and large and easy to navigate. I wish you felt less like a number, but I appreciate going to a place with resources that can accommodate so many families on the journey. I enjoyed the tutorial classes but wished they were in smaller groups. I like the hours as well for monitoring. Since it is a bit of a routine, having the early option was clutch for getting to work on time. etc.... My nurse was good, but she was a bit hard to reach.
How was your experience with Pak Chung at Weill Cornell Medical College?
We went to a few places for consults and both my husband and I liked his style and approach. He was direct and informative and realistic. He explained to us the science first and why certain things were going to happen. Even though he rarely did our monitoring ultrasounds, when there were issues, he called us directly and was helpful about answering all of our questions.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Pak Chung at Weill Cornell Medical College?
No Complaints. I truly enjoyed working with him.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Pak Chung at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Describe the protocols Pak Chung used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
I don't really remember the protocol. The last treatment I had was in September. I am now in the process of a donor egg cycle due to DOR.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College.
My nurse was good, but she was a bit hard to reach. I find the nurses that deal with the egg donor program to be a bit more responsive.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic is clean and large and easy to navigate. I wish you felt less like a number, but I appreciate going to a place with resources that can accommodate so many families on the journey. I enjoyed the tutorial classes but wished they were in smaller groups. I like the hours as well for monitoring. Since it is a bit of a routine, having the early option was clutch for getting to work on time. etc.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Pak Chung at Weill Cornell Medical College.
i don't remember
Describe Pak Chung's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Small discrepancy with medication. No big deal. My advice to anyone on this path is to get your meds early!
Treated 2017 - 2018
He [Dr. Goldschlag] was compassionate and understanding...He was a good and attentive doctor. Listened to my needs and answered all my questions. Most of the time I had an appointment he was there. He communicated all the issues I was having and provided solutions. I think he needed to be a little more aggressive with the injections but that’s my opinion...He is a great doctor but unfortunately it wasn’t successsful with me.
They [Weill Cornell Medical College] were open early hours and the blood work and everything was done quick. I was able to get to work on time. There is some wait time for the dr to do the ultrasound but overall it wasn’t too long. It was a very crowded office. And sometimes it did feel like next next kind of thing. But some of the nurses were great overall. I think maybe offer financing or provide options. Overall not a bad clinic.
How was your experience with Dan Goldschlag at Weill Cornell Medical College?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Dan Goldschlag at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Be patient because nothing happens overnight. Listen to his advice and if needed get a second opinion. He is a great doctor but unfortunately it wasn’t successsful with me.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Dan Goldschlag at Weill Cornell Medical College?
He was compassionate and understanding.
There was one nurse which I believe was the nurse that makes the doctor appointment that was super helpful. Any questions I had she answered to the best of her abilities.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
They were open early hours and the blood work and everything was done quick. I was able to get to work on time. There is some wait time for the dr to do the ultrasound but overall it wasn’t too long. It was a very crowded office. And sometimes it did feel like next next kind of thing. But some of the nurses were great overall. I think maybe offer financing or provide options. Overall not a bad clinic.
Treated 2013 - 2017
I loved Dr. spandorfer, he was responsive, compassionate and candid. he is not a warm fuzzy, but he is honest and gave real advice. he told us the true stats on when we should keep going or move on.... Dr. spandorfer is very kind and very blunt. He does not sugarcoat anything. I trusted him completely. he called us each time we miscarried to see how we were
Cornell is a machine. Very little compassion from the admin side. you need to be proactive and on top of everything. with the donor program, you really need to be a squeaky wheel. make sure you understand your meds and protocol before you start.... Jackie [a nurse] was amazing for 3 plus years. the nurse on our last cycle was disorganized and not quite as compassionate. I heard he has a new nurse.
be a squeaky wheel.
Bcp, Menepur, follistim/final f, ganirelix, hug trigger. Our only issue was egg quality. the levels were very low for age.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Jackie )
Jackie was amazing for 3 plus years. the nurse on our last cycle was disorganized and not quite as compassionate. I heard he has a new nurse.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
it is a cattle call. Sometimes 10 minutes and othertimes 2 hours.
Treated 2018 - 2020
I felt like a human because he [Dr. Rony Elias] genuinely cares and is compassionate about the issues I’m going through and how hard it is and he made the process easier by answering all my questions and concerns. His bedside manner was impeccable... told me everything I needed to know before my next surgery. We also went over post OP options. He was very clear throughout every step. He calmed my fears. He allows me to express my fears without feeling like just a number...If you’re looking for results, a compassionate doctor, and clear communication about every option available- Dr. Elias’ office is the right place to be.
The clinic [Weill Cornell Medical College] is very clean and I never wait for my appointment. The staff is super friendly and you feel comfortable even when you are not at your best. Has a sense of home. It’s also convenient when you need to do bloodwork, you can do everything at the office instead of having to go to a lab...[nurses are] so kind and compassionate. They always are very clear and prompt on reaching out to you ASAP. They always answer any questions/concerns and when they can’t they will get an answer for me and reach back.
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Elias told me everything I needed to know before my next surgery. We also went over post OP options. He was very clear throughout every step. He calmed my fears. He allows me to express my fears without feeling like just a number.
I felt like a human because he genuinely cares and is compassionate about the issues I’m going through and how hard it is and he made the process easier by answering all my questions and concerns. His bedside manner was impeccable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Jessica )
Everyone in his office are so kind and compassionate. They always are very clear and prompt on reaching out to you ASAP. They always answer any questions/concerns and when they can’t they will get an answer for me and reach back.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic is very clean and I never wait for my appointment. The staff is super friendly and you feel comfortable even when you are not at your best. Has a sense of home. It’s also convenient when you need to do bloodwork, you can do everything at the office instead of having to go to a lab.
Upper West Side
Dr. Elias doesn't only care about the medical process he goes through, he also support his patients emotionally before starting any treatment or procedure...All his assumptions were correct and all my procedures with him were successful. After waiting for more than 4 yrs to get pregnant and with all the unsuccessful fertility cycles i had before consulting him. Here i am with my first successful egg retrieval, embryo freezing, and embryo transfer, and a positive pregnancy.
Cycles monitoring and blood work scheduled and available everyday from 6:30-8:30 am [at Weill Cornell]...Clean and well organized clinic...Strength: Good appointment schedules No long time of waiting except if there’s any emergency happened with the doctor...At the very beginning I had a laparoscopic procedure to check if the uterus & the tubes were fine. I was diagnosed with endometriosis and some were removed from my uterus. But it was sneaking through my right tube to the rectum. Then he suggested to do a cycle before removing the infected tube and the rectum endometriosis. I had a successful cycle with two eggs since am also having a very low AMH. I had an egg retrieval and embryo freezing. Then i had another procedure to remove the right side tube and the endometriosis on my rectum. After that i had a hormonal cycle using estrogen patches and lupron to minimize the effect of the remaining microscopic pelvic endometriosis getting ready for the embryo transfer. Lastly i had a successful transfer with 1 embryo. After that (estrogen patches and progesterone injections until present).
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I suffered from strong and anonymous pain in my uterus and abdomen area for more than four years. I went to many doctors as I can and the best of them back in my country, no one gave me a clue or a correct answer about my medical issue. I even had wrongly MRI diagnosis and unsuccessful laparoscopy. When I came here to visit Dr. Elias he explained for me the expected complications which i might have. All his assumptions were correct and all my procedures with him were successful. After waiting for more than 4 yrs to get pregnant and with all the unsuccessful fertility cycles i had before consulting him. Here i am with my first successful egg retrieval, embryo freezing, and embryo transfer, and a positive pregnancy. Although am still suffering from the microscopic endometriosis surrounding my pelvic and which nothing can be done to it, am very grateful and thankful to Dr. Elias cause he really tried his best to help me with my sickness and my infertility issue. Thank you Dr., you’re the best !
Just go ahead you’re in good and talented hands.
Describe the protocols Rony Elias used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Strength: Good appointment schedules No long time of waiting except if there’s any emergency happened with the doctor Clean and well organized clinic Weaknesses: Non except you should make sure to sign all the papers required before any procedure (egg retrieval, or laparoscopy , embryo transfer etc). Or they will ask you to go back to the office even if they forget it until the day of the procedure! But thangs god the doctor is conscious And helpful incase anything like that happened.
Cycles monitoring and blood work were scheduled and available everyday from 6:30-8:30 am
Describe Rony Elias's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
I was planning to transfer two embryos. But the doctor advised me to transfer only one because of the endometriosis. He was very right about it.
Treated 2017 - 2019
Dr. Elias takes time to get to know his patients and truly seems to understand the weight infertility bears on the person struggling. He is compassionate and positive...He recommended an HSG due to recurrent chemical pregnancies - something that was not taken seriously at the previous clinic. Everything he explained at that first meeting made the eventual path to a bilateral salpingectomy and IVF easier. He was a partner in treatment and allowed us to try medicated timed intercourse for a year before moving ahead with surgery and IVF.
The 7:30 morning monitoring time [at Weill Cornell] is rough if you work in the city or at a job that starts earlier. The first come first serve model is difficult to manage but most patients are courteous lining up. Jessica at the front desk is personable and extremely helpful in getting you set up as a patient...Lisa and Jan [nurses] were always prompt in returning calls and answering questions. They were also positive in their communications.
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I don’t know where to begin with explaining how incredible Dr. Elias is in practice and in general. I’d previously gone to a fertility clinic that felt very impersonal and rushed. It put off treatment for me for years until I decided on a whim to see Dr. Elias. From the start he took time to describe what the next steps would be and what the possibilities for treatment would entail based on my anecdotal and medical history. He recommended an HSG due to recurrent chemical pregnancies - something that was not taken seriously at the previous clinic. Everything he explained at that first meeting made the eventual path to a bilateral salpingectomy and IVF easier. He was a partner in treatment and allowed us to try medicated timed intercourse for a year before moving ahead with surgery and IVF. Despite my fears of being medically sterile, I got pregnant my first IVF cycle and am currently home with my week old son. Dr. Elias is an extremely knowledgeable doctor that stays up to date with treatments. I’ve also never experienced a doctor until meeting him who actually spends time to thoroughly review your chart before meeting with you. There is not enough good I can say about Dr. Elias - he made a miracle happen, but even when we were in the seemingly endless treatment cycles we had hope and trust in him to keep us going.
Write down any questions you have before meeting with him, morning monitoring with him goes quickly, as it should, so it helps to be prepared.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Lisa)
Lisa and Jan were always prompt in returning calls and answering questions. They were also positive in their communications.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The 7:30 morning monitoring time is rough if you work in the city or at a job that starts earlier. The first come first serve model is difficult to manage but most patients are courteous lining up. Jessica at the front desk is personable and extremely helpful in getting you set up as a patient.
Monitoring was very efficient, considering the doctor himself was doing the monitoring. Some mornings can be busier than others but I never waited more than a half hour.
Cost was as expected for fertility treatment in this area. Unfortunately (specific to my situation) while Dr. Elias and monitoring at the Westchester office was covered by my insurance, Weill Cornell in Manhattan was not so I had to pay out of pocket for all IVF related treatments.
eSET made absolute sense for my situation and his rationale behind it was completely correct.
Westchester

I was warmly greeted by the doctor [Dr. Elias] by name and handshake. He took over an hour to explain all the details of my specific case and my available options. This doctor is not only interested in solving the problem, but to ensure the patient's level of comfort...After reviewing all of my documentation he was able to provide a potential diagnosis....not a fibroid at all but rather a blocked Fallopian tube. Not only could this be causing my pain, but could be the reason my IVF cycle was unsuccessful. He is thoughtful, cautious, kind, caring and patient. All the things that a doctor should be. I am willing to drive from LI to Westchester for him to be my doctor.
[Weill Cornell] does not accept my insurance plan so I was a self-pay patient...I was told that I had to pay upfront and then get a form that I could submit to my insurance for reimbursement...The office staff was organized in explaining and obtaining the necessary paperwork. I was seen by the provider in a timely manner in relation to my appointment. I do wish that the office had a direct # that is not affiliated with the main # for NY Presby/Weill Cornell. I had received a phone call the morning of my appointment that I missed. When I called back the # I spoke to the answering service telling me the office was closed when I just received a message.
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I have always experienced pain in the area of my right ovary at first during when I thought I was ovulating. Over the years this pain got progressively worse and more frequent. I was told by my OB/GYN that it was a uterine fibroid on the outside of the uterus in the back and it was sitting on a blood vessel. I sought fertility treatment from the Chief of a well known health system on LI. He advised me that he wasn't sure it was a fibroid, but rather it was a "mass". An MRI of the Pelvis showed absolutely nothing but the pain was even occurring during my period. I had a round of IVF in which I had 13 mature egg and all of them fertilized. A grade A embryo was implanted and it didn't take. We were devastated to say the least. I sought Dr. Elias for a 2nd opinion as I knew something was not right. After reviewing all of my documentation he was able to provide a potential diagnosis....not a fibroid at all but rather a blocked Fallopian tube. Not only could this be causing my pain, but could be the reason my IVF cycle was unsuccessful. He is thoughtful, cautious, kind, caring and patient. All the things that a doctor should be. I am willing to drive from LI to Westchester for him to be my doctor.
Don't be afraid to voice your concerns or questions as he is very willing to listen and give an explanation in layman's terms.
I was warmly greeted by the doctor by name and handshake. He took over an hour to explain all the details of my specific case and my available options. This doctor is not only interested in solving the problem, but to ensure the patient's level of comfort.
Dr. Elias has prescribed a HSG to confirmed discussed diagnosis. Based on the results a Hysteroscopy is possible.
I have not had any interaction with the nursing staff at this clinic as I have not gotten past the testing stage.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Dr. Elias does not accept my insurance plan so I was a self-pay patient. My plan does have out-of-network benefits, however, I was told that I had to pay upfront and then get a form that I could submit to my insurance for reimbursement.
Dr. Elias explained that due to a number of factors including advanced maternal age as well as other medical issues I would be prudent to only transfer one embryo for not only a positive outcome for pregnancy but to my long term health.
Treated 2017 - 2019
Dr. Elias always made us feel comfortable. My husband and I had multiple appointments with him because of my pre-ops for my fibroid surgeries, lap, etc. He has great bed side manner, he's very kind, compassionate and extremely patient. We always knew the success rates going in which helped when a treatment didn't work and he always took the time to thoroughly explain everything...I truly feel he genuinely cares about his patients and ask my husband, he was the only person that could calm me down.
They [nurses at Weill Cornell] were great to work with and when I called multiple times for follow up questions, they always called me back the same day...the Mt. Kisco office would get crowded during monitoring appointments, but it was more of a personal feel getting to see Dr. Elias (being able to ask your own DR questions). NYC office was always packed, but they always moved pretty quick...IUI was ~750, IVF cycle was approximately 10k for one cycle plus injections were ~6k
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
We would not be expecting our little boy in December if it wasn't for Dr. Elias. We will forever be grateful to him. Dr. Elias always called me to follow up after surgeries and several times when i freaked out over results. I truly feel he genuinely cares about his patients and ask my husband, he was the only person that could calm me down. You just feel a sense of comfort when he's talking to you. Dr. Elias is also extremely patient - pretty sure i repeated several questions over multiple appointments and he always answered them without hesitation. Although morning monitoring was fast, i never felt he rushed me without answering my questions. Dr. Elias was able to remove my fibroid with three minimally invasive hysteroscopic surgeries. After multiple IUI's and laparoscopic surgery which confirmed my blocked tube, we ended up doing IVF. Dr. Elias never made us feel rushed to move onto the next step until we were ready, but also gave us his honest opinion, which i really appreciated. The first IVF cycle ended in a CP, but was my first FET was a natural unmediated cycle and it was a success.
Don't be afraid to ask him questions or give him your opinion on research you found, etc. He really takes the time to address your concerns so that you can understand his protocol, etc. He's happy to repeat himself though if you don't understand what he says the first time.
1 clomid cycle and TI, 5 IUI cycles of 100mg Clomid (1 was 150mg Clomid). We were going to move forward with IVF after 4th IUI but we missed deadline due to time of year. For IVF: 150iu Gonal F, Menopour 75, Cetrotide. 17 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized with ICSI, 10 made it to blastocyst. Fresh cycle ended in a CP, Frozen was un-medicated with 1 BL and it was a success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Lisa and Jane )
Lisa and Jane are Dr. Elias's two IVF NYC Nurses that call to give daily updates. They also called me for IUI next steps as well. They were great to work with and when I called multiple times for follow up questions, they always called me back the same day.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
If you can try to go to the Mt. Kisco office for morning monitoring because you get to see Dr. Elias for US and Blood work everyday except Thursday's and weekends. The NYC main office is more of the factory feel and you get a different doctor or nurse each time. They are extremely fast though because there are so many NP's there.
Already stated above, but the Mt. Kisco office would get crowded during monitoring appointments, but it was more of a personal feel getting to see Dr. Elias (being able to ask your own DR questions). NYC office was always packed, but they always moved pretty quick.
IUI was ~750, IVF cycle was approximately 10k for one cycle plus injections were ~6k, plus ICSI was ~2,500, Frozen cycle was ~4k. Insurance covered Fibroid surgeries, lap, IUI and IVF but i had to pay until we hit our out of pocket max.
Dr. Elias strongly recommended SET due to my age even after my fresh cycle ended in a CP.
Westchester
He [Dr. Elias] has a great bedside manner and is highly responsive to any concerns or questions...I really felt that I was in the best possible care with his knowledge, ability, and expertise...is more than happy to share his knowledge - ask questions!...had a very positive outlook given the results and I appreciate that he had developed a strategy for the next IVF round during our follow up after the genetic results...
Considering the results [at Weill Cornell], the embryologist and the lab were excellent...Weekend monitoring on the UES was painless as the wait time was quick and the nurses always pleasant... loved going to the Mt. Kisco office which was much more intimate and the team there is fantastic. It felt like a family practice...They [nurses] were consistent and very considerate with regard to advice for my medication as I was paying out of pocket (advising on the more cost effective pharmacies). I received very quick responses to all my emails. I als
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Elias offered a lot of guidance throughout the process, and took the time to explain his diagnosis, recommendation, as well as what to expect during the various stages of the cycle. He was highly compassionate and very human. I was fortunate to see him for almost every monitoring and he performed the retrieval. He was committed to delivering the best results and based on his protocol, his initial assumptions were spot on. I really felt that I was in the best possible care with his knowledge, ability, and expertise.
Dr. Elias is more than happy to share his knowledge - ask questions!
Dr. Elias is great listener and thoughtful about his approach to treatment. I had previously seen another RE that had discouraged me from IVF due to my age, and relative AMH and AFC; however, Dr. Elias had a positive outlook from the onset which made a huge impact in the process. He assessed HSG records from specialists that I had seen previously and where others failed to, he educated me on the results with his recommendation. He has a great bedside manner and is highly responsive to any concerns or questions.
Estrogen priming antagonist protocol with 150 Gonal-F, 150 Menopur and Cetrotide. Trigger with HCG/Lupron. 8 mature eggs retrieved, 6 embryos, and 5 day 5 blasts. Shockingly positive results for my age and have to acknowledge the excellent work of Dr. Elias, his team, and the lab. All were aneuploidy and unfortunately in this case, I was a statistic of my age group. However, Dr. Elias still had a very positive outlook given the results and I appreciate that he had developed a strategy for the next IVF round during our follow up after the genetic results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Lisa Artusa)
Lisa and Jane were great and communicated with a lot of positivity and high energy. They were consistent and very considerate with regard to advice for my medication as I was paying out of pocket (advising on the more cost effective pharmacies). I received very quick responses to all my emails. I also loved going to the Mt. Kisco office which was much more intimate and the team there is fantastic. It felt like a family practice.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Considering the results, the embryologist and the lab were excellent. I would assume that my rate of conversion from egg --&gt;embryo--&gt;blast is on the higher range of success for any clinic. Weekend monitoring on the UES was painless as the wait time was quick and the nurses always pleasant.
No insurance coverage unfortunately. IVF Cycle Fee $9463, ICSI $2630, Freezing $1050, PGS $4850, Medication $4500, Hospital Fee $1000
Treated 2016 - 2018
Dr. Elias has great bedside manner and always took the time to answer my questions and explain things in a way I could understand. He always seems as though he genuinely cares. ... I feel he was careful to tailor my protocols just for me, and adjusted them for next time when it wasn’t working. He took the time to call me personally after my first egg retrieval, and again after my D&C to see how I was doing. I really appreciated that personal touch.
Cornell is a large clinic and a well-oiled machine. They know their stuff. Monitoring generally moves very quickly, as they have a large nursing staff. A doctor almost always does all your ultrasounds, but may not always be your primary doc. Egg retrievals and transfers are done by the doc on-call that day. I found all the docs to be very good. The clinic is associated with New York Presbyterian, which I found to be an absolutely wonderful hospital.
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I feel Dr. Elias is very knowledgeable and I trusted him completely with my care. He always takes as much time with you as you need to ask questions. He actually seems to care. I feel he was careful to tailor my protocols just for me, and adjusted them for next time when it wasn’t working. He took the time to call me personally after my first egg retrieval, and again after my D&C to see how I was doing. I really appreciated that personal touch. I also liked that he did most of my monitoring ultrasounds, rather than an ultrasound tech.
Be proactive and ask questions. He has no problem explaining things in a way you can understand.
We did 4 rounds of IVF, first 3 with the estrogen priming antagonist protocol (Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix). For the fourth cycle, we added clomid for the first 5 days. I responded best on the first cycle (3 eggs), poor response the next 2 (one egg each), and a little better on the fourth (2 eggs). We did get pregnant from our very first cycle (transferred 2 day 3s, one stuck), but ended in miscarriage at 8 weeks from trisomy 15. Second cycle was a chemical, third I had a positive hpt but negative beta (likely another chemical), fourth cycle a BFN. A few weeks after our 4th cycle, we managed to get pregnant on our own and I’m currently 8 weeks along. I feel as though maybe the fertility treatments may have helped.
Lisa, Dr. Elias’s main IVF nurse, is ok. I generally felt pretty rushed when talking on the phone with her and occasionally she gave incorrect information. I really like Jane, one of the other nurses. The nursing staff in general is great at this clinic.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Monitoring in Westchester is pretty quick, as it’s a small satellite office. Monitoring in NYC also is generally pretty quick, as they have a large nursing staff. There are a lot more patients in the main NYC office, but the waiting area is comfortable. Monitoring is very early (6:30-8:30 in the city and 7:30-9 in Westchester).
We were lucky to have infertility coverage through insurance, so we only paid copays.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College.
There was just one instance where a nurse did not call in the afternoon with instructions for that night. Not a huge deal, I just called the emergency line and someone called me back.
Treated 2016 - 2018
Both time Dr. Elias opted to transfer 3. I took his advice both times. ... He is really compassionate and always recommends the route he feels is best without pushing you. He gives you the facts and is patient about any and all questions you may have. He is always available and always gets back to you either directly or through one of his great staff [Weilll Cornell]. ... After various testing we had unexplained infertility and he recommended a cycle being monitored on clomid with timed intercourse ...
I was lucky enough to do most of my monitoring with Dr Elias himself in Mt Kisco. In the event it’s over a weekend or holiday and you have to go to city it definitely feels more of a factory but they are organized and it moves quickly even though you may be overwhelmed by the amount of women in the waiting room. ... Everyone associated with Dr. Elias and Cornell are amazing. They all care about their patients and will jump through hoops for you.
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Elias was responsible for our first miracle and we are currently trying for our second miracle. We first went to him in 2016 after failing to get pregnant and after miscarriage. After various testing we had unexplained infertility and he recommended a cycle being monitored on clomid with timed intercourse based on ultrasound monitoring which we did and did not work. That was followed by clomid cycles for IUI which did not work either and although Dr Elias recommended one more IUI we opted for IVF as our insurance didn’t cover either so we opted for more of a sure thing. We were pregnant with our son after 1 IVF cycle using fresh embryos. Unfortunately we did not have any left to freeze but we were over the moon with our little boy.
Don’t give up hope. Dr. Elias will do whatever he can to help you.
Dr. Elias is simply the best dr. He is really compassionate and always recommends the route he feels is best without pushing you. He gives you the facts and is patient about any and all questions you may have. He is always available and always gets back to you either directly or through one of his great staff.
My protocol for IVF started with estrogen patch and on day 2 injections of 225 Gonal F with 150 menopur with adding cetrotide half way through. He retrieved 12 or 13 eggs and 7 or 8 were mature and fertilized via ICSI. We transferred 3, none were viable enough to freeze and we were pregnant! 2 years later we went back for #2 with exact same protocol, one left to freeze which unfortunately ended up in a miscarriage at 7.5 weeks. We will be continuing to try with Dr Elias when he says we can!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Jane and Lisa)
Everyone associated with Dr. Elias and Cornell are amazing. They all care about their patients and will jump through hoops for you. Dr. Elias will check in with you over the weekend, you always get a call back from him or anyone ranging from Jessica in the office to JoAnne one of the nurses in Mt Kisco to Jane And Lisa in the city. All are amazing and sensitive to whatever the situation.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I was lucky enough to do most of my monitoring with Dr Elias himself in Mt Kisco. In the event it’s over a weekend or holiday and you have to go to city it definitely feels more of a factory but they are organized and it moves quickly even though you may be overwhelmed by the amount of women in the waiting room. Same with retrieval and transfer day all done in city .. but again very organized and systematic. But that makes it less personal I’m sure for any city patient but dr Elias mt. Kisco location is really the best
Easy Some days you waited longer than others but dr Elias and team always did their best to keep it moving.
10,500 initial Approx 5,000 on meds 1500 - 2000 approx for facility fee/anesthesia 3,000 for ICSI and frozen embryo
Both time Dr. Elias opted to transfer 3. I took his advice both times.
Treated 2017
Dr. Elias did my retrieval even though he wasn't scheduled to do so (he was on call in the office) which I really appreciated...I ended up having 8 eggs, which was much higher than either of us expected. We had also expected to need to do a day 3 transfer, but we were able to do a day 5 transfer of a fresh embryo and then freeze the remaining 3. Unfortunately, the transfer was not successful. We plan on trying a frozen transfer with the remaining embryos and are hopeful we will have success in the coming months. I really like Dr. Elias - I find him to be very statistics focused, and he is well-read about all of the current research. My only complaint is that sometimes I find him a bit hard to understand as he has a bit of an accent and speaks quickly. However, that has not impacted my care in any way. I highly
The monitoring [at Weill Cornell Medical College] on the UES felt much more "factory-like", however, I never had to wait all that long...If I was going in for monitoring at Mt. Kisco, I would get there about 30-45 minutes before they opened so that I could swipe in as early as possible...Lisa [nurse] has been great to work with, and is very responsive to emails and calls. I saw her once at my initial meeting and then during weekend monitoring, I ran into her in the blood work room. She remembered me and was very sweet. She was also incredibly sweet when she called to tell me I was not pregnant - I imagine a very difficult call to have to make. I also interacted a lot with Jessica and Joanne at the Mt. Kisco office and they are both lovely.
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Elias diagnosed me very easily with the HSG test and found a hydrosalpinx in my right fallopian tube (where I had my ovary removed 15 years ago). He did the surgery to remove that tube and ended up removing the left tube as well, as it was also diseased and he did not want it to cause another miscarriage (I had one a year ago, likely due to the blocked tube). He did an excellent job on my surgery - I had laparoscopic surgery years ago to remove my ovary due to a dermoid cyst, and my recovery was MUCH worse then. I had very little pain and healed quickly after the surgery. We started IVF the next month. Dr. Elias did my retrieval even though he wasn't scheduled to do so (he was on call in the office) which I really appreciated. There was a possibility I was going to need to have a trans-abdominal retrieval and he wanted to be the one to do it. Thankfully, that did not happen and I ended up having 8 eggs, which was much higher than either of us expected. We had also expected to need to do a day 3 transfer, but we were able to do a day 5 transfer of a fresh embryo and then freeze the remaining 3. Unfortunately, the transfer was not successful. We plan on trying a frozen transfer with the remaining embryos and are hopeful we will have success in the coming months. I really like Dr. Elias - I find him to be very statistics focused, and he is well-read about all of the current research. My only complaint is that sometimes I find him a bit hard to understand as he has a bit of an accent and speaks quickly. However, that has not impacted my care in any way. I highly recommend him!
I did not realize that I would need to go to the Upper East Side office so often - you have to go there for all procedures, classes and weekend monitoring. I moved to Westchester a few months ago and figured that everything would be in Westchester in the Mt. Kisco office, but that was not correct. That being said, I like having access to the Cornell team but able to see Dr. Elias in the Mt. Kisco office which is smaller and less intimidating and factory-like than the UES office.
Dr. Elias knew me and my situation and I never felt like a number. His staff in Mt Kisco also knew me and they were all very kind and helpful.
I used 225 UI of Follistim and 150 of Menopur and then added in Ganirelix towards the end of my stim cycle. I was given Lupron and HCG as my trigger and then I opted to use Crinone instead of Progesterone in Oil after my transfer, as I was very anxious about additional shots.
Lisa has been great to work with, and is very responsive to emails and calls. I saw her once at my initial meeting and then during weekend monitoring, I ran into her in the blood work room. She remembered me and was very sweet. She was also incredibly sweet when she called to tell me I was not pregnant - I imagine a very difficult call to have to make. I also interacted a lot with Jessica and Joanne at the Mt. Kisco office and they are both lovely.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I really like going to the Mt. Kisco office because it doesn't feel like a factory, in contrast with the UES office. I also really like that I saw Dr. Elias every time I was there, as I know many others who did not have that experience of seeing their specific doctor. My only complaint was that I didn't realize I would have to go to the UES office so much - and the parking there is super expensive, and the drive can be challenging.
If I was going in for monitoring at Mt. Kisco, I would get there about 30-45 minutes before they opened so that I could swipe in as early as possible. I work at a school and I'm supposed to be in at 8:15, so I needed to go in early; however, on a day when I didn't have to work I went in later and the wait was not bad at all. So if I had more flexibility, I wouldn't have to have gotten there so early. The monitoring on the UES felt much more "factory-like", however, I never had to wait all that long there either.
I did not have insurance coverage. The IVF cycle cost $10500, my medications ended up costing $5900, the freezing of our embryos cost $1000 and we paid about $1000 for a sounding test and for sperm analysis.
We opted to transfer one embryo as we were very concerned about having twins. We may eventually try two in our frozen transfers, but wanted to be conservative initially.
Treated 2012 - 2017
Investment Banker
[Dr. Elias] helped me have my first child at the age of 42 with my own eggs- my chances then were just about 5%.He was very attentive and explained everything about the procedure... He PERSONALLY came an did the transfer and the retrieval of the eggs. I have a history of Fibroids and myomectomies so he thought we might need to do an abdominal retrieval.
Lisa [nurse at Weill Cornell] is a riot!! She made the process so easy. She was organized and a pleasure to work with...Cornell is like a factory! That did not bother me at all...The doctors and nurses are simply amazing. Don't be overwhelmed or intimidated by the set-up there... I did acupuncture for many months also which helped me with the stress reduction during the process.
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Fertility Medicine is a calling to Dr. Elias. It is evident in the time he takes to CAREFULLY and RESPECTIVELY explain your course of treatments. My first IVF with resulted in a live birth of a health baby girl. He PERSONALLY came an did the transfer and the retrieval of the eggs. I have a history of Fibroids and myomectomies so he thought we might need to do an abdominal retrieval. My second IVF with him was unsuccesful - but in all fairness I was almost 45 at the time trying to go with my own eggs. In my heart, I knew my changes were low, but I still wanted to try. He did not discourage me at all - he said my uterus was totally fine. In the second IVF, we did an abdominal retrieval and got just 3 eggs and transfered 3 embryos. Sadly, I did not get pregnant, but I cannot complain too much, because Dr Elias helped me have my first child at the age of 42 with my own eggs- my chances then were just about 5%. I have referred 2 of my friends to him and they all have families of their own too. I will remain eternally grateful to him and will continue to refer patients to him!
Sometimes he speaks fast, but all you need to do is ask him to repeat himself, which he is happy to do!
He was very attentive and explained everything about the procedure. I felt he was VERY vested in getting us pregnant!
I know I used A LOT of drugs! I think I was taking like 450 units of Follistim daily, and 150 menopur daily and I stimulated for 10 days each time. But I am older, so maybe needed more drugs. Either way, it worked the first time at age 41/42. So I guess he knew what he was doing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Lisa Artura)
Lisa is a riot!! She made the process so easy. She was organized and a pleasure to work with. My first IVF worked and the 2nd failed. She was so sad when she called to give me the news about the failed IVF. She and Dr. Elias make a great team.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Cornell is like a factory! That did not bother me at all - my focus was on getting RESULTS! In the results department, they are excellent. The doctors and nurses are simply amazing. Don't be overwhelmed or intimidated by the set-up there. Just focus on why you are there and don't be a stress freak - it is not even good for your chances. I did acupuncture for many months also which helped me with the stress reduction during the process.
Insurance covered most of my costs including my drugs.
We transferred 2 or 3 embryos each time. That was what I had anyone, so there was nothing to freeze.

Treated 2016
Dr. Elias has a very good bedside manner. He always checked in, followed up and did his best to be at and do my transfers himself.... He is very smart, well researched and overall, a good doctor. However, I think my case was just out of his scope and he, nor anyone else at Cornell, was willing to think outside of the box.... He was definitely in favor of eSET because of potential complications with carrying multiples. However, he was much more open to transferring two blasts when the first 2 eSET failed.
The lab at Cornell is exceptional. That was one of the draws for me to go there in the first place. However, it is a huge institution and morning monitoring in the city is like a giant, awkward cattle call.... The nursing staff seemed pretty good in the main NYC office. However, the staff at the Westchester office is terrible! So much so that one of the times I had called for just rescheduling an appointment, one of the two staff members there pretended to be the other. Extremely unprofessional
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I really like Dr. Elias. He is very smart, well researched and overall, a good doctor. However, I think my case was just out of his scope and he, nor anyone else at Cornell, was willing to think outside of the box.
Is you are a very clear cut case, he will be a great doctor for you. If you consider yourself more of a challenge especially in the unknown category, then I would recommend venturing elsewhere.
IVF with single embryo transfer followed by multiple frozen transfers. While my egg retrieval was very successful with multiple good quality blasts, all transfers failed.
The nursing staff seemed pretty good in the main NYC office. However, the staff at the Westchester office is terrible! So much so that one of the times I had called for just rescheduling an appointment, one of the two staff members there pretended to be the other. Extremely unprofessional (I also work in healthcare).
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
At the Westchester office, it was pretty straight forward. There were monitoring hours and you would wait in a first come first basis. It was never very busy. This is definitely not the same for the main office in NYC.
My insurance covered everything.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College.
I really did not care for the staff in the Westchester office. Dr. Elias is a friendly, personable and successful doctor who deserves people that his patients will feel comfortable with.

Treated 2013
Dr. Elias has a wonderful bedside manner. He is kind, patient and is invested in his patients care and success...However, because he is just one doctor out of a group of amazing doctors, I did see other doctors as well. Dr. Elias did not do my transfer or my retrieval. If seeing the same doctor regularly and for the majority of the procedures is important to a patient, perhaps a smaller practice would be more appropriate.
Dr. Elias is one doctor of a group of doctors at Weill-Cornell at NY Presbyterian Medical Center. He was my main doctor and responsible for my care. However, because he is just one doctor out of a group of amazing doctors, I did see other doctors as well. Dr. Elias did not do my transfer or my retrieval. Because Weill-Cornell is such a huge hospital with a big fertility center, I didn't spend too much time actually speaking to Siobhan. However, whenever I did have a question about something or when the team needed to be in contact with me, it was always seamless. I never had any issue.
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Elias was always a pleasure to see. He was always kind and patient when I had a lot of questions. He called me after hours when he needed to tell me important information related to my care. Dr. Elias has a wonderful bedside manner.
Dr. Elias is one doctor of a group of doctors at Weill-Cornell at NY Presbyterian Medical Center. He was my main doctor and responsible for my care. However, because he is just one doctor out of a group of amazing doctors, I did see other doctors as well. Dr. Elias did not do my transfer or my retrieval. If seeing the same doctor regularly and for the majority of the procedures is important to a patient, perhaps a smaller practice would be more appropriate.
Dr. Elias has a wonderful bedside manner. He is kind, patient and is invested in his patients care and success. He is very knowledgeable about infertility, about his patients needs and explains things thoroughly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Siobhan)
I did most of my monitoring (generally Monday through Friday) in the Mt. Kisco (Westchester) office. They always started with blood work first. Because it is a smaller office, there is only one technician (or there was only one technician when I was there in the summer-fall 2013). There would be a wait for blood work but it wasn't so bad. If I got there around 7:45am, a half hour before Dr. Elias even arrived, then I would be among the first to be seen. Dr. Elias is there Monday-Thursday for ultrasounds for those who need them (not for every monitoring appointment). He has an ultrasound technician there on Fridays to cover for him. On weekends and holidays, I had to travel to the upper east side of Manhattan to be seen in the main hospital. Of course that is quite busy because it is a NY hospital. It's kind of like a cattle call, but I accepted it as just something that goes along with being a patient at a top notch hospital!
That's the one thing I don't remember too well!
Treated 2017
Clinic [Cornell] is huge...meaning billing department doesn't care about eating back to you and nursing staff seems like they are overwhelmed...I had to pay 450 for a mock transfer and 690 for an IUI...He [Dr. Rony Elias] seemed like the only doctor who wanted me to get pregnant. He took time to read my records, redid tests that were not conclusive, explained everything to me. He made suggestions and recommendations and ultimately let me make the decision...He would site info from my records and took time with me wasn't ever rushed...EStrogen priming protocol with low stims, estrogen priming with clomid
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
He seemed like the only doctor who wanted me to get pregnant. He took time to read my records, redid tests that were not conclusive, explained everything to me. He made suggestions and recommendations and ultimately let me make the decision.
Listen to him. Tell him what you want.
He would site info from my records and took time with me wasn't ever rushed
EStrogen priming protocol with low stims, estrogen priming with clomid
Large facility...hard to get in touch with ur nurse.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Clinic is huge...meaning billing department doesn't care about eating back to you and nursing staff seems like they are overwhelmed
I had to pay 450 for a mock transfer and 690 for an IUI.
Westchester
He [Dr. Rony Elias] recommended that I have an HSG (special X-ray) done. The radiologist said the report as normal however Dr. Elias disagreed. I went ahead with his recommendation to do a laparoscopy and sure enough my left Fallopian tube was blocked and needed to be removed. After failed IUIs I went through one round of IVF. I do one transfer which didn’t work and I have two eggs frozen. Last month I actually got pregnant on my own but unfortunately it was not a normal pregnancy. I am continuing treatment with Dr. Elias...answers all my questions and takes the time to explain things to me. He is kind and patient.
[Weill Cornell Medical College has a] Friendly office staff. Jessica helps me with scheduling and other important things like dealing with insurance. I wish monitoring hours started earlier. There is ample parking. Check in process is easy...Dr Elias answers all my questions and takes the time to explain things to me. He is kind and patient...The radiologist said the report as normal however Dr. Elias disagreed. I went ahead with his recommendation to do a laparoscopy and sure enough my left Fallopian tube was blocked and needed to be removed. After failed IUIs I went through one round of IVF. I do one transfer which didn’t work and I have two eggs frozen. Last month I actually got pregnant on my own but unfortunately it was not a normal pregnancy. I am continuing treatment with Dr. Elias.
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dealing with infertility has been a real struggle for me. One thing that helps me push forward is having complete confidence in Dr. Elias. He takes the time to listen and answer my questions. You can tell that he is knowledgeable and up to date with current research when speaking with him.
He talks fast but don’t be afraid to ask for clarification.
He recommended that I have an HSG (special X-ray) done. The radiologist said the report as normal however Dr. Elias disagreed. I went ahead with his recommendation to do a laparoscopy and sure enough my left Fallopian tube was blocked and needed to be removed. After failed IUIs I went through one round of IVF. I do one transfer which didn’t work and I have two eggs frozen. Last month I actually got pregnant on my own but unfortunately it was not a normal pregnancy. I am continuing treatment with Dr. Elias.