Zev Rosenwaks

Westchester
657 Main Street
Mount Kisco, NY 10549

Treated 2018 - 2019
We had a 10 week wait to get our initial meeting with Dr Reichman but I'm glad that didn't deter us. Once you are Dr Reichman's patient he is very responsive, and availability isn't an issue...We did 2 retrievals and one (successful!) frozen embryo transfer...We did PGS testing on our embryos. These were the same drugs that I used at a previous clinic with two other Drs, but Dr Reichman seemed more up to date than the other Drs were with various testing methods, clinical trials, etc. The treatment with Dr Reichman felt more cutting edge. He is very informed, he listens to your goals and puts together a great state-of-the-art plan just for you.
I really like the clinic [Weill Cornell Medical College]! The wait times were never bad, despite lots of patients coming and going. The clinic itself is clean and nice. It was astonishing how crowded the waiting room was at the Upper East Side office during weekend monitoring hours, but even there I didn't wait for too long...Our main nurse Christine is a so kind, reassuring, and extremely organized. She always answered my emailed questions quickly and set my mind at ease. I was always so happy to see her at the practice...Cost was always made clear to us in advance and there were no surprises.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I cannot recommend Dr Reichman highly enough. Communication via email is swift and well thought-out. He takes the time to answer questions thoroughly. and examine the pros and cons of various approaches when you could reasonably choose between several treatment options. I felt very confident in his knowledge and experience and trusted him completely. I always felt informed. Dr Reichman also seemed genuinely invested in the outcome of my treatment and my comfort during the process. He goes above and beyond for his patients. He concluded I needed surgery for a fibroid and referred me to a high-profile surgeon at a NYC different hospital. I was crushed to learn the surgeon had a 3 month wait just for a consult; my biological clock was ticking loudly in the background! Dr Reichman personally went out of his way to help me get an appointment with the surgeon 10 days later, and then later high-fived me happily when my post-surgery ultrasound revealed the operation had been a huge success. Prior to that, we had a disappointing outcome with an embryo retrieval, and Dr Reichman called us himself and delivered the news with the perfect balance of no-nonsense, compassion, and optimism about our future. IVF is a grueling process with lots of highs and lows, and I felt SO lucky to have Dr Reichman in my corner throughout.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Book you initial consult now. We had a 10 week wait to get our initial meeting with Dr Reichman but I'm glad that didn't deter us. Once you are Dr Reichman's patient he is very responsive, and availability isn't an issue.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Reichman is fantastic! He is kind and direct, and has a very warm demeanor and fun sense of humor. He clearly knows his stuff, and is quick to cite "the literature" and his own experience to answer all questions thoroughly. He is realistic yet encouraging, remembers details about your treatment and your life, and is always on your side.
Describe the protocols David Reichman used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
We did 2 retrievals and one (successful!) frozen embryo transfer. The drugs we used were Gonal F, Ganirilex, and Menopur. We did PGS testing on our embryos. These were the same drugs that I used at a previous clinic with two other Drs, but Dr Reichman seemed more up to date than the other Drs were with various testing methods, clinical trials, etc. The treatment with Dr Reichman felt more cutting edge. He is very informed, he listens to your goals and puts together a great state-of-the-art plan just for you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine L )
The nursing staff and front desk staff are all terrific. I am so impressed with them, and grateful for the care they provided. Our main nurse Christine is a so kind, reassuring, and extremely organized. She always answered my emailed questions quickly and set my mind at ease. I was always so happy to see her at the practice. With all the required consent forms and appointments, IVF entails quite a bit of admin which can be burdensome during an already stressful process. The Cornell team is a well-oiled machine, and kept me on track with my medications, visits, etc. Sounds like a small thing but it's extremely helpful. Our previous clinic was disorganized and it was SO frustrating and wasted so much time and energy. The Tribeca front desk staff is also extremely kind and knew me by name. They all seem genuinely delighted when my FET was a success, which made that happy appointment feel even more special. Thank you Team Tribeca!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I really like the clinic! The wait times were never bad, despite lots of patients coming and going. The clinic itself is clean and nice. It was astonishing how crowded the waiting room was at the Upper East Side office during weekend monitoring hours, but even there I didn't wait for too long.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College.
We paid largely out of pocket. For consults, 2 retrievals with PGS and ICSI, one transfer, etc I believe we paid about 45k. Cost was always made clear to us in advance and there were no surprises.
Describe David Reichman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
From the beginning of our fertility "journey" my husband and I have been pretty committed to the idea of doing a single embryo transfer with PGS. Dr Reichman supported this idea. I never inquired about transferring more than one embryo at a time.
Treated 2018 - 2019
The Tribeca office staff [at Weill Cornell] always remembered my name...Hannah was Dr. Reichman's nurse, whom I worked with before she went out on maternity leave. She was always cheerful and willing to help, but in most cases she did not know the extent of my discussions with Dr. Reichman, so I preferred to speak directly with the doctor...Front desk is very friendly. I chose this clinic due to early monitoring hours before work
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman was one of five REs in the NYC area my husband and I consulted with. He was optimistic with my case from the beginning, even when I felt pessimistic. I had come to see him having just experienced my very first pregnancy, which became a miscarriage at 10 weeks. I was emotional but had my heart set on doing everything possible to becoming pregnant again. I micromanaged him. I wanted to handle every aspect of my journey, from the IVF protocols to the timing of transfer. I second guessed his nurses constantly. I emailed Dr. Reichman incessantly with compromises, worries, and left-field inquiries. He almost always answered in detail, which is something that I have yet to come across in other NYC physicians who are as busy as he is. He did not have unlimited patience, but he was always willing to sit down and touch base with us to alleviate fears, or to set our patient-physician relationship back on track after an argument.
Advocate for yourself. Dr. Reichman is incredibly smart. If your requests are substantiated, he will compromise with you on reasonable grounds.
The Tribeca office staff always remembered my name, and Dr. Reichman kept detailed notes on my case.
We dove straight into IVF due to my diminished ovarian reserve. Dr. Reichman had pitched starting with IUI/letrozole, but he supported my more aggressive choice. I insisted on a natural start, resulting in 8 retrieved, 5 fertilized, and 4 frozen. We did not PGS test. The second cycle, he proposed using BCP. I was afraid of being oversuppressed and did not want to try this modification, but he assured me it would give good results. Unfortunately, I developed a lead follicle and he canceled that cycle. The third cycle, he proposed estrogen priming. I also fought him on this. Although I had 7 follicles going into retrieval, only 2 were retrieved. Both were alive at day 6, frozen, and confirmed to be PGS normal. I took some time off after the last cycle to undergo several back to back surgeries. In January of 2019, I insisted Dr. Reichman raise a request to the embryology lab for them to transfer the second-best graded frozen embryo in my batch. That FET resulted in my current pregnancy - I am due in three weeks.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Weill Cornell Tribeca - biggest pro is that the physician performs the monitoring ultrasounds. I was able to see Dr. Reichman at almost every single monitoring appointment during the week. In addition, the clinic is clean, and the calls from nurses during the cycle are consistent and organized. Front desk is very friendly. I chose this clinic due to early monitoring hours before work, and the fact that it was a 5 minute walk from my apartment. Weakness: you do not get to see your doctor on weekends and holidays unless he/she happens to be on call. My weekend treks up to the UES office were always much worse experiences (i.e., longer wait times, unfamiliar physicians, and several incompetent nurses).
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Weill Cornell Medical College.
If you are willing to be at the office right at 6:30, there is almost no wait time. I made it my priority to always be in by 7am, and never had an issue being late to work.
My husband and I are fortunate to both have some fertility coverage from work. During 2018 when we were banking embryos, we were on his insurance, which covered the entirety of the 1st and 2nd round. We paid about $15,000 out of pocket for the 3rd round.
Dr. Reichman was adamant on single embryo transfer with me, citing my age and body type (slim/petite).
Tribeca
front-desk staff [at Weill Cornell Medical College] are the nicest and sweetest team members. They remember your name, ask how you're doing, and are always on top of everything...[the nurse] replied very timely to emails...Monitoring appointments were very efficient...The office seems newer with state-of-the-art equipment and the most friendly staff. His staff are extremely helpful, especially if you need support dealing with prior-auths and insurance - they stepped in and before I knew it everything was handled.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is like no other. We traveled from Pennsylvania to New York and it was all worth it. From the moment we had our initial consultation with him he gave us hope and made us feel like he truly cared. I have not had an easy journey with fertility - 2 natural pregnancies both ending in miscarriages, being told by a previous RE my lining was too thin and so never even getting to a transfer attempt, retained products of conception after a D&C by my OB. But Dr. Reichman never gave up. I remember starting my IVF cycle with him in March 2018 and during a saline sonogram is when he discovered I had retained products of conception and told me he would have to go in and do surgery after I completed the IVF cycle and retrieval. I started crying in the exam room. Dr. Reichman was extremely comforting, telling me "I am in your corner," letting me know that he would take care of me during the surgery as I was worried about my lining, and that together we would get through this and meet our end goal of having a baby. He is an extremely compassionate and caring physician, but he is also a realist - he is very straightforward with what he thinks. This is a quality my husband and I appreciated; we wanted someone who would be direct and honest. Dr. Reichman is always thinking about what is best for his patients; he individualizes every plan of care to each of his patients.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. He answers every single one of them without making you feel rushed or that it's a silly question.
Dr. Reichman is an extremely personable physician. He makes his patients feel like they matter. He takes time at every appointment with you, answers every question you have, and does not make you feel rushed. There were a couple times he suggested we set an appointment for a "strategy meeting" - his words - which we loved. He knows every detail about his patients. He remembers everything, even asking about how our trip to Chicago was when we had a follow-up appointment with him. His front-desk staff are the nicest and sweetest team members. They remember your name, ask how you're doing, and are always on top of everything.
I was on Gonal-F, Menopur, and Cetrotide, with an HCG trigger shot before the egg retrieval. I can't remember the exact dosages but he had me on a low dose of Gonal-F. I only had 5 antral follicles. We retrieved 5 eggs, all 5 fertilized, 3 made it to PGS testing and all 3 were PGS normal! We did not expect this and were thrilled, as my last miscarriage was confirmed due to chromosome issues.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Hannah)
My primary nurse that I communicated with was Hannah. She always showed compassion during every interaction or phone call. She answered every question and made sure you understood your directions and next steps before hanging up the phone. Even when meeting in person about something Hannah never rushed you and was very thorough in her care and explanations. She also replied very timely to emails.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Weill Cornell Reproductive Medicine is a top center for infertility. As I said we traveled from PA to NY to be a patient and it was worth it in every way. I only wish we had done this from the beginning instead of wasting a year with a different RE in PA. Dr. Reichman's Tribeca office is absolutely wonderful. The office seems newer with state-of-the-art equipment and the most friendly staff. His staff are extremely helpful, especially if you need support dealing with prior-auths and insurance - they stepped in and before I knew it everything was handled.
Monitoring appointments were very efficient. You have a window of time they do "morning monitoring" and you don't have to wait very long once you arrive. Once you are pregnant, the 2-3 ultrasounds you have to have are via appointment after monitoring hours.
I was lucky as my insurance covered IVF 100%; the cost of the medications were mostly covered as well. We did pay a few hundred dollars though for some genetic testing and other blood work to be done as I had two previous miscarriages.
From my experience, I believe Dr. Reichman prefers single embryo transfer.
Tribeca
He [Dr. Reichman] can be blunt with the reality of things, but he does care about you getting success and knows his stuff. If you want someone with a super compassionate bedside manner he may not be the one for you, but he certainly takes his work seriously and is always positive yet realistic. If you are paying out of pocket, he also understands the great cost of IVF and takes that into account when recommending next steps, which I really appreciate.
In the Tribeca office [of Weill Cornell Medical College] it is a very pleasant experience even when crowded -- and it's never that bad. I don't think I have waited longer than 30 min to be seen and sometimes i get seen within 10 min...Approx 10K for egg retrieval (all monitoring included)...The Tribeca location is fantastic. It is calm, comfortable, and all new...The nurses are all very nice. It's so much better than the UES location! The receptionists are also very nice and helpful
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I came to Dr. Reichman from another doctor only because my insurance changed and it now covers IVF and the other place I was going doesn't take my insurance. Dr. Reichman agreed with the assessment of my other doctor (age-related infertility). Although I feel I got more compassionate "bedside manner" from the first doctor, I appreciate that I see Dr. Reichman for every monitoring visit (at the Tribeca Office). He may take a day or so to email back, but he always always responds to email. His answers are short but to the point. He's gives it to you straight so you have to be able to take that, but I have no doubt he knows that he's talking about! I feel I am in good hands for sure.
He can be blunt with the reality of things, but he does care about you getting success and knows his stuff. If you want someone with a super compassionate bedside manner he may not be the one for you, but he certainly takes his work seriously and is always positive yet realistic. If you are paying out of pocket, he also understands the great cost of IVF and takes that into account when recommending next steps, which I really appreciate.
Dr. Reichman sees me every visit (unless it is a weekend or he is off for a holiday), which I appreciate. He always seems to consider my case and our next steps carefully. He doesn't have the warmest bedside manner, and doesn't seem to plug into the emotional toll this takes, but he does lay out the numbers and realities and stays positive.
2 stimulation cycles. Both times mostly 150 menapure, 300 gonal f, then leuprolide added in. Egg retrieval and fertilization with ICSI using fresh sample. Waited the 5 days to see which embryos survived and did genetic testing on those that did. Cycle 1 - 10 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 4 embryos genetically tested, 1 recommended for transfer. Cycle 2 - 7 eggs retrieved, 6 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 genetically tested - awaiting results. Still have not yet done an embryo transfer.
Dr. Riechman's main nurse is fantastic. She always answers my questions and when I wanted to order fewer meds since i had to pay OOP as I hit my insurance limit, she worked with me on ordering just what was necessary. She's a pleasure every time I speak with her. Any other nurses that cover for her are also great.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The Tribeca location is fantastic. It is calm, comfortable, and all new. It can get a little crowded during monitory hours but never too bad and they are really organized. The nurses are all very nice. It's so much better than the UES location! The receptionists are also very nice and helpful
In the Tribeca office it is a very pleasant experience even when crowded -- and it's never that bad. I don't think I have waited longer than 30 min to be seen and sometimes i get seen within 10 min.
My insurance paid for up to 40K of my expenses. After I hit my limit, I have to pay OOP. Approx 10K for egg retrieval (all monitoring included), 1K for ICSI fertilization, 4K for PGD/PGS testing. 1K hospital fee. Not sure what frozen embryo transfer will cost. Meds were covered by insurance but i think it cost 10K
Treated 2020
He [Dr. David Reichman] is an excellent communicator and he will answer every question you have, and give you a detailed answers with realistic assessments...He was thorough, and we felt that we could trust him to do his very best to help us achieve a pregnancy...we tried only IUI cycles based on my circumstances and his knowledge and experiences. We first tried without medication, then adjusted the treatment course to include additional layers of medication in subsequent cycles, with the final cycle resulting in a pregnancy.
Christine [at Weill Cornell Medical College] was awesome. She was caring and compassionate, she was quick on the ball, and extremely thorough. She made the whole process run smoothly, and made getting appointments painless...Strengths: Clean, thorough, very organized. Multiple locations, so appointments may be easier to get (including on weekends). Weaknesses: Because they have multiple locations, sometimes you may end up having to go to different offices for appointments.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
We had first engaged with a different fertility clinic, and we didn't know anything about the process and how fertility treatments should be conducted. When we switched to Dr. Reichman, we feel like we finally understood how fertility treatments should be undertaken by a real professional, and we felt that we were in the right hands. He was honest with our situation and our chances, and he made sure to advise us and make adjustments to our courses of treatment tailored to our individual circumstances. He was thorough, and we felt that we could trust him to do his very best to help us achieve a pregnancy.
Don't be afraid to ask any and all questions that you might have about the process - about treatments, things you should or shouldn't do, what to expect, etc. He is an excellent communicator and he will answer every question you have, and give you a detailed answers with realistic assessments.
I felt like Dr. Reichman and his team was closely watching everything that was happening with me when it comes to fertility and achieving a pregnancy. There were quick follow-ups after every visit and if needed, they were available for an appointment on short notice (including next day).
Dr. Reichman and we tried only IUI cycles based on my circumstances and his knowledge and experiences. We first tried without medication, then adjusted the treatment course to include additional layers of medication in subsequent cycles, with the final cycle resulting in a pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine Lu)
Christine was awesome. She was caring and compassionate, she was quick on the ball, and extremely thorough. She made the whole process run smoothly, and made getting appointments painless.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
We were responsible for only visit and medication copays.
Treated 2020
Dr. Reichman has a large volume of patients. However, he always makes himself available to discuss questions and concerns. Nothing is to silly or small. Make sure you do your research and come prepared with your questions. Dr. Reichman is a very trustworthy doctor. He is extremely knowledgeable and I have found that he will not lead you in the wrong direction...My egg retrieval protocol was basically the same for all three retrievals as it yielded good results, especially for my age. I used Gonal F, Menopur and Leupron. During my first retrieval I wound up with 6 embryos that we froze on Day 1. The next round, I used the same protocol and wound up with 3 embryos to freeze on Day 1. The last retrieval, we decided to try a fresh transfer, which unfortunately did not work out since the quality of the one embryo I had left was not good. Right after that, it was decided that we would use the frozen embryos from the first retrieval. Dr. Reichman was well aware of my goals and how important this was to me. He designed the right plan that worked for me.
Christine [nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College] was very responsive, organized and overall invested in my success. I did a great deal of monitoring remotely and Christine always made sure I had all of the scripts I needed...The greatest strength of Weill Cornell is the quality of doctors and embryologists that work there. This clinic is run very efficiently. I never had to wait too long in the Tribeca office. The uptown office was much busier and although wait times were longer, I feel the level of service I received was superior. After coming from a private clinic that I really did feel like I was just a number at, I can truly say I was impressed with my treatment at Cornell, even with the amount of volume they had!
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I went to see Dr. Reichman after careful consideration and much research. The clinic I was previously using would not allow me to use my own eggs due to my age, even after I had a previously successful pregnancy with them at the age of 42. I was set on trying to become pregnant once again at the age of 44 using my own eggs. Dr. Reichman was not only a very skillful doctor, he was very compassionate. I needed a doctor who was going to "think outside of the box" in my case. However, I also needed someone with great skill and knowledge. I consider myself very blessed to have found Dr. Reichman. At my age, I did not want to PGS test my embryos, as I knew that most likely the quality would not come back as great. Dr. Reichman set a protocol for me that none of the other doctors I had met with or worked with even mentioned. However, it was something I was on board with 100 percent. He was very honest with me in regards to the statistics. However, I found him to be very positive and encouraging. He was truly invested in my success. When I had setbacks, they were his setbacks as well. However, he was the one to look upward and onward. He refused to give up on me. When I finally did have success, Dr. Reichman was extremely cautious given my age. However, after DNA testing was completed and the results were in, Dr. Reichman could not hide his own excitement when he personally called me with the good news. "We did it" I think were his exact words! Dr. Reichman is extremely skilled, knowledgeable, honest, compassionate and invested in his patients' success.
Weill Cornell is an extremely busy clinic. However, I never once felt like a number. Dr. Reichman was always readily available to answer my questions and concerns.
Due to my age, I had requested to go straight to IVF. My intention was to "bank" as many embryos as I could since I was not doing PGS testing. My egg retrieval protocol was basically the same for all three retrievals as it yielded good results, especially for my age. I used Gonal F, Menopur and Leupron. During my first retrieval I wound up with 6 embryos that we froze on Day 1. The next round, I used the same protocol and wound up with 3 embryos to freeze on Day 1. The last retrieval, we decided to try a fresh transfer, which unfortunately did not work out since the quality of the one embryo I had left was not good. Right after that, it was decided that we would use the frozen embryos from the first retrieval. Dr. Reichman was well aware of my goals and how important this was to me. He designed the right plan that worked for me.
Christine was very responsive, organized and overall invested in my success. I did a great deal of monitoring remotely and Christine always made sure I had all of the scripts I needed. She spent a great deal of time answering my questions thoroughly . When I needed to leave a message, I always received a call back promptly. The other nurses, especially Val, were terrific as well. I remember one time feeling very discouraged and sharing my thoughts with her. She was so encouraging and told me not to give up. When I finally did get pregnant, she was beyond excited to tell me about the positive result!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I am very lucky that my costs were covered under insurance.
Due to my age, I did not have PGS testing on any of these embryos. We thawed 6 embryos and 3 of them looked "decent." Dr. Reichman believed that we should transfer the three. When I questioned him about one of the embryos, he informed me of the statistics and his previous experiences. I put my trust in him and he did not disappoint!

Treated 2020
Dr. Pereira recommended that I do 3 rounds of timed intercourse with Letrozole before moving onto IVF again after 3 rounds of failed IVF at RMA. I asked him if IUI would increase my chance within those 3 rounds. He advised that since my husband has no issues that I do not need IUI. I took it with a grain of salt but he was right! Because I got pregnant in the second medicated cycle. He knows what he is talking about. His plan for me was in my best interest. Plus I saved money without having to do unnecessary procedures. The results said everything. As a side note, I did receive acupuncture and moxibustion therapy during the 2 cycles as well. I also ate healthy and exercised a lot.
The nurses were kind and professional at [Weill Cornell Medical College]. They were sincere...The clinic is big, bright and super clean. The patient bathrooms are big as well. The exam rooms hold 2 ultrasound monitors so that was nice. I could see my ovaries on one monitor clearly. The location is a bit far from where I live but it was worth the commute.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
My experience with Dr. Pereira has been amazing. He is very responsive in emails. Sometimes he even called me after his work hours to update me on my test results and when to have timed intercourse. During my 2nd medicated cycle, I had emailed him to report that I had received a positive at home pregnancy test late. He called me back almost right away (prior to his surgery) advising my of next steps. I felt there was definitely ongoing communication during the whole process and it made me feel like I am in good hands. I felt like I was working with a doctor that really cared. Whereas, when I was working with RMA, I barely hear from the doctors until the last step (unsuccessful result).
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I highly recommend Dr. Periera. If you are trying to get pregnant, or are considering changing clinics, you should go to Dr. Pereira (Weill Cornell).
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Periera took the time to explain to me PCOS and how it affects my chance in conceiving. My husband and I held several zoom video appointments with Dr. Pereira. Each time, he was very caring and thorough. He shared his knowledge with us like a professor. He even drew pictures to explain medical concepts. He also set realistic expectations based on our medical history and records. Every time I visit him during my appointment, he remembers my name and even my husband's name. I felt well cared for. Most importantly, he does not jump into IVF right away with me, knowing I had 3 failed IVF cycles previously with RMA. He actually recommended 3 rounds of timed intercourse with Letrozole, given that there are no other issues with my fertility health except for PCOS. My husband's sperm analysis is normal. He also responds to emails within 24 hours if not within an hour - great doctor!
Describe the protocols Nigel Pereira used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
The nurses were kind and professional. They were sincere.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College.
My insurance pays for ultrasounds and medications. I only pay co-pays.
Describe Nigel Pereira's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
No comments. I did not do IVF with Dr. Pereira.
Treated 2020
Ask all your questions! He [Dr. Nigel Pereira] will take the time to thoroughly answer...He warned that bc of my PCOS hyper-stimulation was likely (preventing live embryo transfer) and that did happen. I was disappointed but he explained the repercussions of proceeding while experiencing hyperstimulation and I felt assured he was giving good advice. Instead we did a day-5 frozen embryo transfer which resulted in a positive pregnancy test. I’m now 25 weeks and have felt totally fine throughout this pregnancy. I attribute it in part to Dr. P’s smooth launch!
They [staff at Weill Cornell Medical College] were clean, organized, fast, efficient, and kind! I *occasionally* had to play a little phone tag with the nurses when I had questions about meds. Otherwise, I only have positive things to say! The tribeca office is conveniently located next to a target and across from the Whole Foods... fertility and errands! Many of the “final” steps (retrieval, transfer, etc) happened at their UES location which was less convenient.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I would highly recommend Dr. Pereira! If I have to go through this process again, I will do all I can to work with him. I recommend him to all my friends experiencing infertility. He encouraged us to do one round of clomid (unsuccessful) and did not insist on my trying IUI, which I was not interested in, given research and my personal case. He talked us through all the information of all options and gave us time to think things through.
Ask all your questions! He will take the time to thoroughly answer.
Dr. P spent time with me, answered all my emails and phone calls personally, spent time with me during appointments to chat and brainstorm my scenario (moving across the country days after embryo transfer), , and explained the snags along the way before, during, and after things came up. I did all of this during Covid and he took time to video chat with my husband as well.
We tried one round of clomid. It did not work. He suggested a round of IUI but because we were moving and I have heard so few success stories for women with PCOS conceiving via IUI we decided to skip it and he was okay with that. Throughout the IVF process he and his office were great communicators about what meds to take following blood labs. He warned that bc of my PCOS hyper-stimulation was likely (preventing live embryo transfer) and that did happen. I was disappointed but he explained the repercussions of proceeding while experiencing hyperstimulation and I felt assured he was giving good advice. Instead we did a day-5 frozen embryo transfer which resulted in a positive pregnancy test. I’m now 25 weeks and have felt totally fine throughout this pregnancy. I attribute it in part to Dr. P’s smooth launch!
They were all wonderful! I saw them almost daily and was briefly on a first name basis. Because we did this during Covid, I saw very few other people and felt like they were my only friends for a while!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
They were clean, organized, fast, efficient, and kind! I *occasionally* had to play a little phone tag with the nurses when I had questions about meds. Otherwise, I only have positive things to say! The tribeca office is conveniently located next to a target and across from the Whole Foods... fertility and errands! Many of the “final” steps (retrieval, transfer, etc) happened at their UES location which was less convenient.
My husband’s insurance was amazing so our costs were low. Not sure about the office’s costs
Dr. P said he only transfers one at a time. He assured us it was the safest option.
Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Pereira educated me on all of the tradeoffs and risk, he recommended a single embryo transfer and I listened to his recommendation, no questions asked. He felt this is safer and a better option for my body...I saw him at just about every single one of my monitoring appointments, he made sure to ask me questions about my life remembering details we had talked about the time before. He treated me extra delicately knowing about my fear of needles. The nurses are PHENOMENAL, I truly felt like they cared for me and knew my specific needs every time I walked into the Tribeca office.
I rarely waited for an appointment [at Weill Cornell Medical College]...It was super easy to get in touch with the doctor, a little harder to get in touch with the front desk directly, but I would go through my doctor's assistant. The IVF suite where retrieval and transfer was also very nice, clean and had sweet employees and nurses. The staff is all so educated and prepared, you are in great hands here...The nurses are PHENOMENAL, I truly felt like they cared for me and knew my specific needs every time I walked into the Tribeca office.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira must see 100s of patients, but he made me feel like he was specifically there for me. He answers emails within minutes and often would call me when I would send a panic email to reassure me that things were okay and we would troubleshoot where needed. He explained things to me when I had questions, I never felt emabrassed to ask anything and even during invasive treatment moments, I never felt self concious, he always made sure I was comfortable and aware of everything that I should expect to happen. His communication is stellar and his bed side manner, unmatched.
I would tell a prospective patient to ask every question, come prepared with questions since the appointments are often quick and routine. I would also encourage any patient to send an email when feeling unsure - there is no better feeling than your doctor reassuring you that things are okay when you feel that something may be wrong. Ask the question, write the email. He will be there for you!
Dr. Pereira is the best doctor I have ever seen. I saw him at just about every single one of my monitoring appointments, he made sure to ask me questions about my life remembering details we had talked about the time before. He treated me extra delicately knowing about my fear of needles. The nurses are PHENOMENAL, I truly felt like they cared for me and knew my specific needs every time I walked into the Tribeca office.
I began treatment with Dr. Pereira in October 2019 with Clomid and Timed Intercourse. Since we were diagnosed with unexplained infertility, there was really nothing wrong with us on paper, we started "slow" to see how I reacted to the Clomid. This cycle failed. But, we knew I was ovulating so perhaps it was timing - in November 2019, we tried Clomid again with a trigger shot and Timed Intercourse, this cycle also failed but again, I had ovulated. In December, we tried an IUI which unfortunately failed as well. Now we know I ovulate and my partner's sperm is perfectly normal, however, my Prolactin level came back slightly elevated. Dr. Pereira assured me it was nothing to worry about but I did have an MRI on my brain to ensure there was no pituatary tumor. MRI was clear! I took January and February off as I had a cyst from the Clomid. In March, we tried Letrozole and my body responded better to this medication, I ovulated, we triggered and tried IUI. This cycle failed as well. COVID hit and treatment was cancelled. The second treatment was able to resume, Dr. Pereira was in contact with me to discuss next steps. We tried one more Letrozole cycle in May before moving on to IVF. I came to this conclusion in partnership with Dr. Pereira. I was frustrated and ready to move on to a more advanced option. Dr. Pereira and team gave me all the information I needed to begin (it's a lot) and even helped with insurance as that is almost the hardest part of this whole thing! We began IVF in June and responded very well to the protocol. Dr. Pereira was very supportive and involved every step of the way. I am terrified of needles to the nurses supported me with bloodwork and made me feel comfortable. We had our egg retrieval and decided on a "freeze all" cycle and a day 5 FET. We retrieved 20 eggs, 19 mature and 12 made it to day 5! Outstanding results, we could not have been happier. We did do ICSI and did not do genetic testing on the embryos. For our transfer cycle, I was able to do a natural cycle with no medication, just monitoring for ovulation so a lot of bloodwork but was so grateful to be able to do this naturally and unmedicated. Dr.Pereira had faith in me! We had our transfer and found out we were pregnant in August. I am currently 3 months pregnant with a healthy baby girl.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Inez and Crystal )
The nurses at Cornell are amazing! Inez was my go-to at monitoring appointments and for bloodwork, she is an angel. She would let me lay down and treated me with kid gloves as this was my biggest fear. If Inez was not around, the other nurses were also just as sweet - they would even give me an apple juice and snack afterwards. Crystal would call me with results and next steps after monitoring and she was very clear and thorough, which I always appreciated.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Weill Cornell is huge but I never felt like a number. I personally received majority of my treatment at the Tribeca office which is beautiful and clean. I rarely waited for an appointment. It was during COVID times so things were different but so clean, so safe and organized. It was super easy to get in touch with the doctor, a little harder to get in touch with the front desk directly, but I would go through my doctor's assistant. The IVF suite where retrieval and transfer was also very nice, clean and had sweet employees and nurses. The staff is all so educated and prepared, you are in great hands here.
I had great insurance. Copay for appointments were $40 each time. IUI was about $300-$500 each time. My MRI was $1600. IVF was about $30k all in.
Treated 2019 - 2020
After removing my endometrioma and polyp, we tried naturally for some time and then did four IUIs [with Dr. Nigel Pereira]...We then moved onto one FET IVF (without PGT) which resulted in our current pregnancy... has always taken his time to explain things to me from the very beginning and went out of his way to assuage my worries. There was a time during my monitoring when I didn't get to see him but had a lot of questions. He immediately set up a time to call me and answered my questions.
My advice would be to be on top of everything and not rely on the nursing staff [at Weill Cornell Medical College] because they gave me the wrong information or forgot to mention things multiple times. Be sure to write everything down and double-check with them from your written notes each time they call you with instructions...The clinic runs pretty smoothly and the staff there is very friendly. They all knew me by name and I loved all of the staff at the Tribeca office. Can't think of any weaknesses, other than not having a fixed schedule for the person who does the notarization - and that's really a tiny thing. You can always call and ask.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira has always been very patient with me with all my questions and was always very caring during my visits, even with simple things other doctors during my monitoring never did like lowering the bed and helping me up (I'm a short person). He remembered my symptoms and diagnosis (which all doctors should, but most don't). He's one of those doctors when you speak with them, half your malaise is gone! :) Plus, he's funny, caring, and extremely caring.
Prepare a list of questions for Dr. Pereira before each visit. He will very patiently answer all of them if you ask.
Dr. Pereira has always taken his time to explain things to me from the very beginning and went out of his way to assuage my worries. There was a time during my monitoring when I didn't get to see him but had a lot of questions. He immediately set up a time to call me and answered my questions.
After removing my endometrioma and polyp, we tried naturally for some time and then did four IUIs (two with Letrozole and two natural) that did not result in pregnancy. We then moved onto one FET IVF (without PGT) which resulted in our current pregnancy. IVF Stimulation protocol: Day 2; 200FSH; Added Menopur with Antagonist; Dual trigger.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Crystal Wright)
Most of the nurses were okay in terms of being patient with my questions, being compassionate, etc. But one in particular nurse, Tamara Edme especially upset me on the day of transfer (when I was especially nervous). She was very rude to me when I asked her if I could ask questions saying that she didn't have time and had to get to other patients. After I insisted, she gave me the wrong information (not on purpose; she just didn't know). My advice would be to be on top of everything and not rely on the nursing staff because they gave me the wrong information or forgot to mention things multiple times. Be sure to write everything down and double-check with them from your written notes each time they call you with instructions.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Covered mostly by insurance. Co-pay was around a few thousand dollars.
Dr. Pereira advised me to do a single embryo transfer based on my age, stature, and diagnosis.
What specific things went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College.
This was not someone particularly from this clinic per se, but the nursing staff wasn't the best. I mentioned that before.
Treated 2017 - 2020
[Dr. Reichman] recommend transferring one embryo with genetic testing (under a certain age) and I absolutely agree with that approach...always remembered everything about what is going on in my current cycle, what we had previously discussed, and past history...He won’t push any treatment plan on you unless he really believes it is the best option. I also really appreciate his bedside manner. I want a doctor who is straightforward and honest, and he is absolutely that. He will answer any and all concerns directly via email.
We did IVF with PGS testing [at Weill Cornell Medical College] due to recurrent pregnancy loss and were fortunate to have 2 successful pregnancies with Dr. Reichman. He carefully monitored my hormone levels and made adjustments to treatment plan as necessary...Very competent nurses and team...The Tribeca office is great. I always went early in the morning so I wouldn’t have to miss work and generally didn’t have to wait very long at all. I almost always saw Dr. Reichman directly. The uptown office is larger and was more of a wait, but if you get there early it is fine. All of the doctors who I saw were great.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is the best RE out there. I always felt 100% confident that he was knowledgeable and well-informed with regard to my treatment, and that he was giving me advice with the best intention. He won’t push any treatment plan on you unless he really believes it is the best option. I also really appreciate his bedside manner. I want a doctor who is straightforward and honest, and he is absolutely that. He will answer any and all concerns directly via email.
Go to him! I initially went because a friend recommended him, and have since recommended him to several of my own friends. Everyone I know who has gone to him has said he is a great doctor.
Dr. Reichman always remembered everything about what is going on in my current cycle, what we had previously discussed, and past history.
We did IVF with PGS testing due to recurrent pregnancy loss and were fortunate to have 2 successful pregnancies with Dr. Reichman. He carefully monitored my hormone levels and made adjustments to treatment plan as necessary.
Very competent nurses and team.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The uptown Weill Cornell office is pretty large and gets busy but I really like the Tribeca location where Dr. Reichman is. It is smaller and more intimate, which I prefer. I like that the monitoring hours are early, so that you don’t have to miss any work for monitoring during a treatment cycle.
About $20-$25k for an IVF cycle with PGS testing
Dr. Reichman and Weill Cornel recommend transferring one embryo with genetic testing (under a certain age) and I absolutely agree with that approach.
Treated 2019 - 2020
He knows your name. He is very receptive to my my husband's questions. He understands my anatomy, never seems rushed to perform an exam, ensures my comfort. ... We never felt dismissed. ... We chose IVF, PGS, and embryo freezing for our family planning. The decision involved our goals, benefits, risks, and costs. Dr Reichman helped us navigate through the complexity and uncertainty with every step, including the weighty discussion regarding which options to pursue given our Age, health, and intrinsic risks. He will give you facts and figures, there are no guarantees, he is honest and straightforward.
You should know that your RE [at Weill Cornell] may not be the one performing your retrievals or embryo transfer. Your RE may not be doing all your US monitoring. Your RE will of course see all the results and determine your care. ... As a patient you should be organized, know the billing department, your fertility department in your insurance company, the specialty pharmacy, the prior authorization (don't want a delay pending authorization), keep track of medications, know the estimated delivery times, keep track of the billing etc. The clinic tries to give you an overview, but given our health care system, there is alot of moving parts! Also the hospital and the clinic can bill you for what appears to be the same procedure, but they are indeed 2 separate statements. Post Covid, no partners are allowed in.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Reichman is extremely intelligent, patient, understanding, and compassionate. He is interested in your health and reproductive goals. He evaluated us, gave us options, and based on our family planning goals decided on a plan. We chose IVF, PGS, and embryo freezing for our family planning. The decision involved our goals, benefits, risks, and costs. Dr Reichman helped us navigate through the complexity and uncertainty with every step, including the weighty discussion regarding which options to pursue given our Age, health, and intrinsic risks. He will give you facts and figures, there are no guarantees, he is honest and straightforward. I also appreciate that he encouraged us to think through about our decision so that we may avoid potentially excessive procedures. He is also very responsive but it may take 2 to 3 days to get a reply via email. He was kind enough to email us as soon as he knew of a reassuring 1st hcg test before the nurse got to call us. Thank you Dr Reichman!
He is based on evidence and facts. The landscape of infertility and age can be a difficult one to face. He won't be abrasive about it but he won't sugar coat it either. He will be honest if he doesn't have all the answers. I believe he pursues and delivers excellence, science, evidence, and patient centered quality care.
He knows your name. He is very receptive to my my husband's questions. He understands my anatomy, never seems rushed to perform an exam, ensures my comfort. Regardless of our questions, he answers them in a genuine, honest, straightforward way. We never felt dismissed.
Both my cycles for egg retrieval used 325 mg Gonal F and 75 mg Menopur. The Gonal F was titrated based on my lab results but it never exceeded 325mg. My trigger was a combo of HCG and Lupron. My 1st cycle resulted in 19 eggs retrieved, 8 immature, 11 mature, 8 fertilized via ICSI, 5 embryos made it to day 6 for genetic testing, 2 were euploid. My 2nd cycle, I was given an estrogen patch to help "sync" my eggs to reduce the number of immature eggs. The results, 22 eggs retrieved, 9 immature, 13 mature, 10 fertilized with ICSI, 8 embryos made it to day 6, 3 euploids. As per Dr Reichman, each euploid embryo has a 60% to possibly 70% chance of a live birth.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine)
The nursing staff is excellent. Christine always returned my phone calls and addressed all my concerns. She's sympathetic and understanding. She was very patient and informative as I reviewed the medications, side effects, lab results, and the next plan.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The Tribeca clinic is modern, clean, and less busy than the upper east side. One strength is that you can go to either clinic for routine bloodwork and US. Dr Reichman prefers to do his own ultrasounds. On weekends, the upper east side is the only clinic that maybe opened (this may have changed post Covid). You should know that your RE may not be the one performing your retrievals or embryo transfer. Your RE may not be doing all your US monitoring. Your RE will of course see all the results and determine your care. IVF is daunting, in terms of all the steps, procedures, medications, costs, and uncertainty. As a patient you should be organized, know the billing department, your fertility department in your insurance company, the specialty pharmacy, the prior authorization (don't want a delay pending authorization), keep track of medications, know the estimated delivery times, keep track of the billing etc. The clinic tries to give you an overview, but given our health care system, there is alot of moving parts! Also the hospital and the clinic can bill you for what appears to be the same procedure, but they are indeed 2 separate statements. Post Covid, no partners are allowed in.
Our insurance covered some of the costs of the cycle. Genetic testing of the embryos was out of pocket pay for us, which became expensive but for us, necessary. We still had office visit co pays and medication co pays which added up. Lastly, they do balance billing so if the insurance did not cover the full cost, we are responsible for the difference.
He only transfers 1 euploid at a time. This is in sync with the recommendations of the ASRM, the American Society of Reproductive Medicine
Treated 2019 - 2020
I am currently 7 weeks pregnant with twins. Dr. Reichman walked us through the IUI process with clear details. He is very professional while also having an approachable and friendly beside manner. He was even able to help us given all the uncertainty with the COVID-19 pandemic. We are thrilled to be pregnant after trying naturally for 2 years...The weekend before the IUI I had three follicles, which worried Dr. Reichman. We decided to check one more time that following Monday to see if any of the follicles would recede, and in fact that did happen (2 larger follicles and 1 small follicle). He explained that we had a 1% chance triplets and 8% chance of twins. Given that my husband and I are not opposed to having twins, we decided to move forward with the IUI. I got the trigger shot that day and then had the IUI scheduled the following day. 2 weeks later we found out we were pregnant, and about a week after that confirmed it was twins!
We did an induced cycle IUI with 50 mg of Clomid for 5 days [at Weill Cornell Medical College]. Dr. Reichman carefully monitored my ovulation cycle...[the nurses were] Professional, efficient, timely, and very helpful. An amazing team of healthcare professionals...The clinic is run very smoothly and professionally. All parts of my treatment plan were clearly explained to me. All test results were clearly explained. They helped with insurance matters. Also, they treated the COVID-19 pandemic with utmost care (check in with nurse before entering office, mandatory face masks, etc). I appreciated this very much.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Make sure to take notes early on, especially regarding insurance. Things can get very complicated!
Dr. Reichman gave us personalized care every step of the way of our treatment. He clearly explained what our treatment plan was and his office was amazingly helpful with the insurance handling.
We did an induced cycle IUI with 50 mg of Clomid for 5 days. Dr. Reichman carefully monitored my ovulation cycle. The weekend before the IUI I had three follicles, which worried Dr. Reichman. We decided to check one more time that following Monday to see if any of the follicles would recede, and in fact that did happen (2 larger follicles and 1 small follicle). He explained that we had a 1% chance triplets and 8% chance of twins. Given that my husband and I are not opposed to having twins, we decided to move forward with the IUI. I got the trigger shot that day and then had the IUI scheduled the following day. 2 weeks later we found out we were pregnant, and about a week after that confirmed it was twins!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
With our induced cycle IUI, I would estimate the total cost (with Oxford United insurance) to be about $2000 - $3000. This includes several in- office ultrasounds.

Treated 2020
We worked with a team of nurses, genetic counselor, and phlebotomists [at Weill Cornell Medical College]. Every single person was kind and generous with their time. Nurses returned calls in a timely manner and office staff was very professional and caring...Well organized and early hours are available. I opted to come first thing at 6:30am (Tribeca location), so there was never a wait. The weekend monitoring appointments had to be done at the main uptown location. In that case there would be a short wait.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
From the first time we met Dr. Pereira, my husband and I felt confident in our decision to choose him for our care. I did a lot fo research, and I was impressed by feedback I read from his other patients. He took the time to review our history and background, and he took time to address our concerns and answer questions. We initially decided to consult with Dr. Pereira after experiencing a chemical pregnancy and a miscarriage. Considering my advanced maternal age, we did not want to waste time we wanted to make sure we did everything we could to grow our family. Dr. Pereira discussed his clinical opinion and recommendations he had for us. I still have the diagrams he drew to ensure we understood the whole process :). As we began our fertility journey, Dr. Pereira was involved during every appointment, and very responsive via phone and email. This was especially important as we were in the middle of our IVF cycle when the pandemic began in New York City. We were fortunate to have been able to retrieve our eggs and preserve our embryos during this unprecedented time. Dr. Pereira was very supportive during that time and he took every measure to keep us safe.
Expect to be given thorough, honest, and clear information. Make sure to ask questions, especially if feeling overwhelmed.
Dr. Pereira was always patient, thorough, and responsive. He made sure to communicate clearly and respond timely to all of our questions and concerns. We always felt supported and safe in his care.
Based on my history of miscarriages, Dr. Pereira recommended IVF as a best course of action, including genetic testing of the embryos. However, before starting the cycle, we did a series of tests to rule out any other possible structural or genetic problems. After most of the tests came back normal, the likely explanation for my recurrent pregnancy loss appeared to be my advanced maternal age. Before fully committing to the IVF route, my husband and I requested to try two monitored natural cycles. Dr. Pereira was very supportive of this decision, and he and his team guided us through this process. Unfortunately the natural cycles did not work, so we agreed to proceed with our first IVF cycle in March. Our egg retrieval produced 13 eggs, 8 of which were mature. Out of 8 mature eggs, we got 7 embryos. We opted for genetic testing of embryos which meant they would be frozen on day 5. 3 embryos made it to day 5 and were tested. Test showed that one embryo was not a good two candidate for transfer, another was questionable, and the third was a good candidate for a transfer. Secondary to COVID-19 pandemic we had to delay our plan to transfer. As our fertility plan was halted, my husband and I tried to conceive again naturally in April. It was a success! Dr. Pereira was very happy for us and very supportive. We plan to postpone our transfer until we are ready to have our second baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: It was a team of nurses)
We worked with a team of nurses, genetic counselor, and phlebotomists. Every single person was kind and generous with their time. Nurses returned calls in a timely manner and office staff was very professional and caring.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
It is one of the cleanest clinics I have ever seen. The staff is wonderful! The only detail to consider is that Tribeca location currently does not do weekend monitoring hours. If your monitoring check-in day falls on a weekend, you have to go to the main clinic uptown. Not a huge inconvenience, but worth noting.
Fortunately my entire procedure and medications were covered by my insurance (Cigna). Our out of pocket expanses were $200 deductible, a number of $50 copays, and $1500 fee for genetic testing of embryos which was optional and not covered by the insurance.

Treated 2018 - 2020
We did 5 IUIs with Dr. Reichman with different types of medications from clomid to injectables with no success. We went through 5 rounds of IVF with him as well all with the antagonist protocol. During the first 3 cycles the dosing was similar - on the last two cycles he increased the Follistim since I had gained weight. Unfortunately, my egg quality was poor and I am a low responder.
I found it frustrating that no one on the team [at Weill Cornell] seemed to follow my case closely - you need to be your own advocate. I had to seek out acupuncture and supplements on my own as the clinic does not seem to include those in their regimen. I am incredibly disappointed with my results at the clinic. The first three unsuccessful cycles were attributed to my husband's poor sperm quality. We switched to donor sperm. The following three cycles were then attributed to poor egg quality. Frustrating to not know if egg quality played a role in the first three cycles and that we could have perhaps gone with a different protocol in cycles four through six based on that information.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman performed all ultrasounds during morning monitoring, which was great. It gave me an opportunity to see and speak with the doctor directly even if for a short amount of time. Dr. Reichman is also very accessible via email. He was always empathetic to my losses. I felt like he was always rushed and in a hurry. He has a matter of fact way of expressing information that does not always leave time to foster discussion or questions. Very intelligent and clearly wants to help his patients.
Arrive with your questions ready to go at your appointments.
Dr. Reichman has a very busy practice and while I was able to email with him frequently, I felt he may not understand my desperation at trying to conceive. He was always able to express sympathy, but never did much to think outside the box and change protocols. Since I have undergone so many cycles, staff did remember my name and face, which was comforting.
Christine was alway responsive to emails, which is my preferred means of communication. She was always compassionate when delivering bad news, and had many helpful tips on purchasing meds, etc.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The weekend monitoring hours on the UES are a cattle call, but they work very hard to get you in and out in a reasonable time period. I found it frustrating that no one on the team seemed to follow my case closely - you need to be your own advocate. I had to seek out acupuncture and supplements on my own as the clinic does not seem to include those in their regimen. I am incredibly disappointed with my results at the clinic. The first three unsuccessful cycles were attributed to my husband's poor sperm quality. We switched to donor sperm. The following three cycles were then attributed to poor egg quality. Frustrating to not know if egg quality played a role in the first three cycles and that we could have perhaps gone with a different protocol in cycles four through six based on that information.
I highly recommend arriving at the office exactly at 6:30 am to beat the rush, otherwise there will be a wait time.
I paid for one IVF cycle out of pocket, approximately $25,000. I also paid for IUI out of pocket. Prices significantly spiked in 2020 - in 2019 an IUI cost $750 and in 2020 I believe the cost was close to $1200.
Given my age he would only transfer a max of 2 embryos
Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Reichman knew my name, he addressed me personally and asked about my partner...He always gave me a strong impression that he was competent and knew what he was doing. He was also very knowledgeable about my infertility issues and remembered details about my ovaries, cysts and current treatment...email him directly. He will respond...Unlike my previous retrieval Dr. Reichman was very careful in the medication treatment protocol. He changed the dosage daily based on results from my blood test. My previous Dr. put me on a standard medication protocol but Dr. Reichman closely monitored the cycle and changed the medication dosage as he saw fit. As a result of the low medication dosage and his close monitoring, I did not hyper-stimulate which I had done before.
Christine [nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College] was professional excellent and compassionate. If I had a question she had an answer. If I had concerns she was able to put me at ease...I liked that the monitoring hours was daily. Some clinics close on Sunday but this clinic is open Monday-Sunday. It can get busy at their Upper East Side Location, but if you don’t want to wait, then you can arrive early and avoid any wait time...The clinic is state of the art. The clinic also has high tech equipment and hires a professional staff. The clinic is also clean and spacious. The clinic can get busy but I never felt like I had to wait too long. I have never waited longer than 30 minutes. If you don’t want to wait then you should get there as soon as the clinic opens.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman was very professional. He responded to all emails promptly, answered all questions in detail and encouraged me to ask questions. When I met him for my consultation appointment he was aware of my previous treatment and was able to give me a preliminary plan on my future treatment. My first appointment with him he looked me in the eye and with confidence told that he could get me pregnant. He always gave me a strong impression that he was competent and knew what he was doing. He was also very knowledgeable about my infertility issues and remembered details about my ovaries, cysts and current treatment.
Trust the process. I had a lot of confidence in Dr. Reichman, but I think it is important for other patients to know that he is on top of everything. Dr. Reichman is very smart, so don’t be intimidated and scared to ask him questions. If you are too nervous to ask him in person than email him directly. He will respond.
I had already undergone 1 retrieval with another doctor, but after 4 transfers we never received a positive pregnancy. Therefore, we underwent an egg retrieval cycle with Dr. Reichman. Unlike my previous retrieval Dr. Reichman was very careful in the medication treatment protocol. He changed the dosage daily based on results from my blood test. My previous Dr. put me on a standard medication protocol but Dr. Reichman closely monitored the cycle and changed the medication dosage as he saw fit. As a result of the low medication dosage and his close monitoring, I did not hyper-stimulate which I had done before.
Christine was professional excellent and compassionate. If I had a question she had an answer. If I had concerns she was able to put me at ease. She was also very organized and detailed oriented. She is truly the best.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Insurance covered most of the charges, but I had to pay 10-12K out of pocket. Most of the costs was because we PGS Test 14 embryos which increased the costs. The clinic can be quite pricey if you do not have insurance that covers the costs. However, we were very lucky but still had to pay for other costs. My insurance did not cover some of the medication and facility costs as well, so I ended up spending 10-12K out of pocket.
I already planned on transferring one so he didn’t have to do any convincing or education on the importance of transferring one.
Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Reichman has a wonderful bedside manner and is truly a warm and kind individual, who cares about his work and patients. And most importantly, he is a brilliant physician. My husband and I felt like were in good hands as soon as we met him...We felt like we could reach out at anytime and he would respond in a very timely manner to any additional questions or concerns in between office visits via email. He is extremely accessible and a pleasure to work with. My husband and I feel lucky to have had Dr. Reichman as our physician throughout this process. I would highly recommend him! If we could give a higher score then 10, we absolutely would!
With 3 IUI and 1 IVF, the out of pocket cost [at Weill Cornell Medical College] was approximately $40,000. The office was upfront and clear about costs...The Tribeca office was an overall very well-run facility that was clean and well maintained. The support staff (front desk staff, office manager, phlebotomists, and medical assistants) were all kind, patient, and lovely to work with. It helped make the daily / frequent visits less stressful...My primary nurse at Cornell was Christine, who was phenomenal! She was compassionate and caring throughout my treatment. She was extremely helpful and would respond quickly to all our questions and concerns regarding medications, dosages, and anything else that came up! She was extremely reliable and kind and helped make Dr. Reichman's team top-notch!
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
My husband and I can't say enough good things about Dr. Reichman. He is truly an exceptional and talented physician, who is trustworthy, caring, and dedicated to his patients. We felt like we could reach out at anytime and he would respond in a very timely manner to any additional questions or concerns in between office visits via email. He is extremely accessible and a pleasure to work with. My husband and I feel lucky to have had Dr. Reichman as our physician throughout this process. I would highly recommend him! If we could give a higher score then 10, we absolutely would!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Monitoring hours at the Tribeca office were well-run and organized. I often went on the earlier side (i.e. At the beginning of monitoring hours) and there was very little to no wait time. Even on days when I went later in the morning when it was busier, the staff was still very efficient and wait time was kept to a minimum.
My insurance did not cover the cost of treatment, so we had to pay out of pocket. With 3 IUI and 1 IVF, the out of pocket cost was approximately $40,000. The office was upfront and clear about costs.

Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Reichman made me feel so comfortable and welcome from our very first consultation visit. I am sure he could tell how nervous I was and he continuously put my mind at ease during the initial visit and throughout the entire time he treated me. He remembered details about my personal life as well as everything regarding my specific treatment. For monitoring appointments I saw him for almost every single visit aside from when I had to go to the UES on the weekends (which was only 2 times)...Throughout the IVF process I truly felt like he was on my team and was always concerned about my general well being throughout. After our third miscarriage he clearly explained the pros and cons of starting IVF with genetic testing to prevent another loss and my husband and I were on board because we trusted him to steer us in the right direction. He is extremely smart, funny and has an incredible bed side manner. Even during some of our toughest times, he always put me at ease saying, "we are going to figure this out - don't worry!". I am currently 10 weeks pregnant with my first baby and have Dr. Reichman to thank.
My insurance covered all of IVF [at Weill Cornell Medical College] aside from the genetic testing of embryos which was 7k...The clinic itself is a well oiled machine, everything runs smooth and efficiently. They have never failed to call me with results or instructions on treatment and I have never had to wait for more than 15 minutes for an appointment. The Tribeca office is also so clean and modern...Christine was my primary IVF nurse and I cannot write enough good things about her here. She is absolutely incredible, extremely organized, thorough, timely and so friendly!...
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is the best Doctor I have ever had in any capacity. Throughout the IVF process I truly felt like he was on my team and was always concerned about my general well being throughout. After our third miscarriage he clearly explained the pros and cons of starting IVF with genetic testing to prevent another loss and my husband and I were on board because we trusted him to steer us in the right direction. He is extremely smart, funny and has an incredible bed side manner. Even during some of our toughest times, he always put me at ease saying, "we are going to figure this out - don't worry!". I am currently 10 weeks pregnant with my first baby and have Dr. Reichman to thank.
Trust him and the process - he knows exactly what he is doing.
Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix and then a trigger shot. Progesterone inserts following transfer and until I was 8 1/2 weeks pregnant.
Christine was my primary IVF nurse and I cannot write enough good things about her here. She is absolutely incredible, extremely organized, thorough, timely and so friendly! I honestly have no idea how she stays on top of so many patients and cycles and remembers every detail - I feel like she should be the COO of a fortune 500 company. Everyone on the nursing staff is amazing as well, they are so friendly and helpful - you can really tell everyone loves what they do and where they work.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Monitoring appointments were extremely efficient - as long as you got there before 8 AM you would be in and out within 15 minutes. I hear if you go past 8 AM it can be a bit of a longer wait, so I definitely recommend getting there early.
My insurance covered all of IVF aside from the genetic testing of embryos which was 7k.
Due to my age and embryo quality we decided to do a single embryo transfer, which was successful the first time.
Treated 2019 - 2020
He [Dr. Pereira] has incredibly bedside manner and was able to explain complicated matters in a way that made you feel at ease. He was simply brilliant, caring, and compassionate. He made decisions in consultation with our needs / schedules without judgement. He was always available to help us even outside of office hours. He was incredible at remembering details about our specific situation without looking up notes. He genuinely cared.
Even if your OB and other aspects of your treatment are all at Weill Cornell, it seems that the offices do not necessary share information with one another specifically test results even though it's all for the same treatment. My OB who was also at Weill Cornell had no idea what tests were already performed by the fertility clinic etc...I saw several nurses throughout my visits and some had great manners and others didn't. One particular occasion a nurse didn't specify to me that that the Tribeca office was closed on the weekend and i missed the appointment and this was during covid so getting around was tough.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
He has incredibly bedside manner and was able to explain complicated matters in a way that made you feel at ease. He was simply brilliant, caring, and compassionate. He made decisions in consultation with our needs / schedules without judgement. He was always available to help us even outside of office hours. He was incredible at remembering details about our specific situation without looking up notes. He genuinely cared.
Be frank, and open. No questions is too dumb for him to answer.
Dr. Pereira is by far one of the best doctor's I have ever worked with. I genuinely believe that we were lucky to have found him. He is simply brilliant, with amazing bedside manners and incredibly responsive. No question was too small and he always personally called or email us back with any questions we may have. He made himself available to chat with us even if its in after hours or on the weekends, and even provided us with his cell phone number! Even once we were successful and went back to our regular OB, he still personally answered any questions we may still have. He cares about his patient, he is able to communicate with us in a way that made us feel comfortable and knowledgeable throughout the entire process. We knew several people who went through him, and everyone is of the same opinion. He is simply the best in his field and we would recommend him in a heartbeat.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I was under insurance and after our initial appointment, we were advised that my husband should also get his bloodwork done. We received a bill for the bloodwork as his insurance had a high deductible. We didn't realize that this blood work could have been done later on in the treatment process which would have been helpful as we could have avoided the payment.
What specific things went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Treated 2019 - 2020
The staff at [Cornell] Tribeca was amazing. Clean office, quick to get you into a room and quick to respond to calls and emails. Christine called with daily updates and was always organized, informative and positive...I went uptown for blood tests and for my IUI and Tribeca is honestly a better overall vibe. I live uptown so traveled to go to Dr Reichman and the Tribeca clinic. Its less foot traffic, super clean and new and the staff remembers your name and makes you feel like more than just a number.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Reichman saved me during my fertility journey. When I began trying it became increasingly clear that I would need support from a doctor to get me through mentally. I realized that a fertility doctor is what I needed and after our first meeting with Dr Reichman, we never looked back. He made us feel like a baby was 100 percent possible and that he would be there every step of the way. I am an anxious person and he always made sure to calm me down, explain all the information and express the same common goal. My cycle was very stubborn and tricky and he always made me feel like it would be okay. I needed letrozole to help shorten my cycles. It worked well for two cycles and then it would work for a week and taper off. This was so frustrating. After a few tries we ended up adding in gonal-f which I reacted to quite well. I then got my first IUI and am now about 10 weeks pregnant. Dr Reichman is trustworthy, intelligent and a partner in the process. I highly recommend!
Come prepared with questions to each appointment. Dont be afraid to email if you have something to say.
Dr reichman personally answered every email and called me whenever it was necessary. He took time in every appointment to make sure I had all the facts I needed and felt calm and ready for the next step.
cycle 1: tracked ovulation, timed intercourse, trigger shot cycle 2: letrozole, timed intercourse, trigger shot cycle 3: letrozole, timed intercourse, trigger shot cycle 4: letrozole, timed intercourse, trigger shot cycle 5: letrozole, timed intercourse, trigger shot- chemical pregnancy Cycle 6: letrozole (higher dose), timed intercourse Cycle 7: Letrozole (7.5 for 3 days, 5 for 2 days), 4 days gonal F and IUI - pregnant
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine lu)
The staff at Tribeca was amazing. Clean office, quick to get you into a room and quick to respond to calls and emails. Christine called with daily updates and was always organized, informative and positive.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Tribeca is a great office. I went uptown for blood tests and for my IUI and Tribeca is honestly a better overall vibe. I live uptown so traveled to go to Dr Reichman and the Tribeca clinic. Its less foot traffic, super clean and new and the staff remembers your name and makes you feel like more than just a number.
This was covered by my insurance so I payed a co pay of $60 each time I went.
Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Pereira will answer any question you have so you understand your treatment better...He was very reassuring during this procedure [HSG] as it’s quiet uncomfortable and took the time on the phone to explain the outcomes and what options would be best for me. I did one round of timed intercourse and then moved on to Clomid with IUI, along with a trigger shot of Ovidrel. I also needed to wear estrogen patches leading up to and for several days after my IUI procedures.
The clinic [Weill Cornell] is very clean and modern. Morning monitoring appointments run quick and smoothly. I typically only waited a few minutes before being called in. I had longer wait times a couple of times when going in just for blood work, but that wasn’t typical...The nursing staff always called the same day as my appointments with blood test results and what the next steps would be. I primarily spoke with Crystal who was professional, friendly and efficient in her conversations. I also spoke with Nicole a few times who was very friendly and took the time to explain things and make sure you had what you needed.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira was incredibly kind, friendly and an excellent doctor. He’s exactly the kind of doctor you want to work with when going through such a difficult process. He explains things clearly and efficiently. He also has a good sense of humor. He responds very quickly to emails, even one time getting back to me within a few minutes on a Saturday afternoon! He makes your treatment and the process personal to what you need to have the best chance of success. It is very busy during monitoring hours but he always takes the time to ask how you are doing, answers any questions, and explains what the next steps are.
Ask questions! Dr. Pereira will answer any question you have so you understand your treatment better.
Dr. Pereira treated me with care and thoughtfulness throughout my treatment. He tailored my treatment as needed. I also became pregnant earlier on during the coronavirus pandemic and Dr. Pereira was so compassionate and understanding to me and my husband during that time, checking with how we were doing, and was understanding of how special and important this time was for us despite being in a difficult environment.
I needed to first do an HSG with Dr. Pereira as the one I had done prior to meeting him with another doctor had inaccurate results. He was very reassuring during this procedure as it’s quiet uncomfortable and took the time on the phone to explain the outcomes and what options would be best for me. I did one round of timed intercourse and then moved on to Clomid with IUI, along with a trigger shot of Ovidrel. I also needed to wear estrogen patches leading up to and for several days after my IUI procedures.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Crystal )
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic is very clean and modern. Morning monitoring appointments run quick and smoothly. I typically only waited a few minutes before being called in. I had longer wait times a couple of times when going in just for blood work, but that wasn’t typical.
Everything with my appointments, blood work, medications, and treatments were covered by my insurance. I only had to pay the copays.
Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Reichman knew my history (from another clinic) prior to my first appointment. He clearly had read the records I had sent to their office. In addition, throughout my care with Dr. Reichman he was very accommodating to my busy work schedule...watched my cycle for a month and then we decided to proceed with another retrieval and fresh transfer. Throughout the process he performed every scan. He was extremely responsive to questions via email on days I wasn't going to see him in clinic. Our first embryo transfer with Dr. Reichman was a success and I am now at the end of my first trimester. I can't thank Dr. Reichman enough for his care and compassion throug
The nurse I was assigned [at Weill Cornell Medical College] was easy to communicate with (via phone or email)...During the week I always went to the Tribeca office to see Dr. Reichman for monitoring, so he could be the one performing my ultrasounds and looking at my endometrial lining. On the weekends, I went to the Upper East Side office. Although busier, I never waited more than 10 minutes for blood work and ultraound...While a cycle at Cornell was slightly more expensive than IVF at my previous clinic, it was worth it!
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
My husband and I did one egg retrieval at another clinic in NYC. From that retrieval we had 8 genetically normal embryos. We did two separate embryo transfers, which both failed. My endometrial lining would not grow over 5 mm. They were trying everything from vaginal viagra to estrogen injections. The doctor told me the next step would be surrogacy. I went to Dr. Reichman feeling defeated. At my first appointment with him he spent over an hour reviewing my history and setting expectations. He said I can't tell you I'm not worried, but I'm hopeful. This gave me a glimmer of hope as well. Dr. Reichman watched my cycle for a month and then we decided to proceed with another retrieval and fresh transfer. Throughout the process he performed every scan. He was extremely responsive to questions via email on days I wasn't going to see him in clinic. Our first embryo transfer with Dr. Reichman was a success and I am now at the end of my first trimester. I can't thank Dr. Reichman enough for his care and compassion through this emotionally and physically difficult period. I would recommend Dr. Reichman to ANYONE dealing with infertility.
Trust Dr. Reichman! Ask for explanations for decisions, but don't question his method.
For the egg retrieval we used gonal-F and menopur, adding cetrotide in. Lupro and HCG trigger. For the transfer we used vaginal viagra, estrogen patches and PIO.
The nurse I was assigned was easy to communicate with (via phone or email).
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
There was rarely a long wait during monitoring hours. The clinic staff was professional and efficient. At the other clinic I went to, there was frequently a discrepancy between the plan I had discussed with the doctor and the plan the nurses would tell me. This never happened at Cornell. The entire team was on the same page.
Dr. Reichman strongly recommended we only transfer one embryo, given that this was a fresh transfer and a multiple gestation would increase the risk of OHSS.
Treated 2020
Very organized. I... Everyone was extremely efficient and helpful. I preferred the tribeca office because it was much quieter/faster. ... had previously been at RMA and RMA had someone who helped with financial coordination a bit more, but Weill has that as well, however they have you call your insurance and confirm everything personally which took some time. Other than that, zero complaints.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira was incredible to work with and very collaborative. I had done a lot of research on my own and had a lot of questions on DOR (AMH - ~.83) and different supplements/treatment protocols. He let us know what he would recommend, but said we were a team and if there was something we felt strongly about he was very open to incorporating that into our plan (fresh transfer. PGS testing etc). He saw me on every single visit and was always warm and friendly. This was also all during coronavirus and he went above and beyond to try to alleviate our fears and make us comfortable. We were preparing for IVF and had me on an estrogen patch for the last week of my period cycle prior. We also did timed intercourse then (where he monitored ovulation and my levels) and between that and the estrogen patch we managed to get pregnant prior to starting IVF. Given that I had previously had a chemical pregnancy, I was still very nervous once we were pregnant and he monitored all of my levels and provided me with progesterone and estrogen support. I couldn't recommend him more.
Don't be afraid to ask questions - he is very easy to talk to.
Dr. Pereira went above and beyond to sit us down and walk us through how everything worked and all of my options for over an hour. He told us that while we were seeing him we were like family and gave us his email address. Any time we sent him any question he responded within a few hours (if not 20 minutes) even though he is extremely busy and no matter how silly the question may have been.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Crystal)
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Very organized. I had previously been at RMA and RMA had someone who helped with financial coordination a bit more, but Weill has that as well, however they have you call your insurance and confirm everything personally which took some time. Other than that, zero complaints.
Treated 2019 - 2020
He [Dr. David Reichman] approaches his patient's problems as they are his own... has this unique way of talking to people that makes you feel incredibly important. He listens to your concerns and creates a treatment plan that best suits your case. He makes himself available to you at all times and give precise explanations...he examined me and was confident that I can have a child on my own. He did remove an uterine polyp and the next month I started the IVF stimulation. Now, at age 40, I am two months pregnant and extremely happy. Dr.Reichmen is very professional, incredibly smart, and his scientific knowledge is well applied.
My nurse [at Weill Cornell Medical College] responded to the inquiries I had within the same day. She was excellent!...This is the best clinic and best experience for me. The staff consists of professionals only. Very kind and respectful people. All my questions were answered, all my concerns were addressed. Most of all, they are extremely organized, you know every step you have to take. They create individual plan for you which suits you and your needs. You will never feel alone, abundant, or mistreated.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman made the impossible possible. I had two unsuccessful IVF treatments with RMA of NJ. I was told that will never have a children on my own and need a donor eggs. We also deal with male fertility factor, so our chances to conceive on our own were zero. When I first met Dr.Reichman he examined me and was confident that I can have a child on my own. He did remove an uterine polyp and the next month I started the IVF stimulation. Now, at age 40, I am two months pregnant and extremely happy. Dr.Reichmen is very professional, incredibly smart, and his scientific knowledge is well applied. He is also one of the most honest, humble and kind people I have ever met in my life. Words cannot express our thankfulness. I belive in dr.Reichman and rank him as one of the BEST physicians in the field.
Take him, without a second thought. He approaches his patient's problems as they are his own.
Dr. Reichman has this unique way of talking to people that makes you feel incredibly important. He listens to your concerns and creates a treatment plan that best suits your case. He makes himself available to you at all times and give precise explanations .
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College.
My nurse responded to the inquiries I had within the same day. She was excellent!
Success w/ Doc 19 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Reichman was matter of fact, but in a friendly way. At my age (41), the statistics were not great, but he was optimistic & he effectively communicated some scary figures in a digestible, but not sugar coated way. He also took the time to explain what everything meant & was fairly easy to speak to....He was patient, listened to my concerns, walked through multiple options, came up with a plan, & then wasted no time getting to business. He was also sensitive regarding finances as I did not have insurance coverage. This was as good or better than I would have expected for a busy practice in NY.
Loved the [Weill Cornell] Tribeca clinic! Everything was amazing. Friendly, efficient, fairly calming environment. On the flip side, I dreaded going to the uptown location on the weekends, but the Drs there were still great (they rotate) - the comparisons to cattle calls at the uptown location is spot on. I ran into a former coworker & the nurses scream your name repeatedly - would've loved a touch more privacy for such a sensitive issue. I also felt badly for a few couples who were from other countries that had language barriers & just had their concerns said louder & louder without privacy. Slight issue with billing - I 100% paid out of pocket for the prices they quoted (& had to to start treatment), but keep receiving bills for more $ quoting higher prices after the fact?
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I went in thanks to the ticking time bomb of my biological clock, educated but uncertain as to what path to take. He was patient, listened to my concerns, walked through multiple options, came up with a plan, & then wasted no time getting to business. He was also sensitive regarding finances as I did not have insurance coverage. This was as good or better than I would have expected for a busy practice in NY. I did 2 back to back rounds of egg retrievals & freezing. The 1st cycle produced good, better than expected results (19 eggs retrieved / 13 mature) but the 2nd did not (10 eggs retrieved / only 6 mature) - I think my body needed a break - my body just didn't feel nearly the same was as it did during the 1st cycle. Both times the protocol was the same since the 1st cycle was successful in terms of the # of eggs retrieved & my body responded well to the meds. Being that only eggs were frozen, I cannot really judge the success of these cycles - at least not yet.
Line up your questions ahead of time & jump into them - there is not a lot of time w/him!
Dr. Reichman was matter of fact, but in a friendly way. At my age (41), the statistics were not great, but he was optimistic & he effectively communicated some scary figures in a digestible, but not sugar coated way. He also took the time to explain what everything meant & was fairly easy to speak to. Nurses at the Tribeca location were also amazing in this regard.
Started with estrogen patch upon ovulation, took gonal-f, menopur, eventually adding on cetrotide (amounts varied based on bloodwork) & did a double trigger of lupron & pregnyl.
Primary nurse, Christine, was beyond amazing! So helpful, compassionate, & easy to talk too. All of the nurses in the Tribeca location were a dream. Did not love the weekend experience uptown, but I guess what can you expect for how busy it was. But I dreaded going, dreaded having blood drawn there (had a few issues), etc.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Loved the Tribeca clinic! Everything was amazing. Friendly, efficient, fairly calming environment. On the flip side, I dreaded going to the uptown location on the weekends, but the Drs there were still great (they rotate) - the comparisons to cattle calls at the uptown location is spot on. I ran into a former coworker & the nurses scream your name repeatedly - would've loved a touch more privacy for such a sensitive issue. I also felt badly for a few couples who were from other countries that had language barriers & just had their concerns said louder & louder without privacy. Slight issue with billing - I 100% paid out of pocket for the prices they quoted (& had to to start treatment), but keep receiving bills for more $ quoting higher prices after the fact? Not sure how that will end. Also the hospital experience (for retrieval) was as pleasant as could be.
Generally covered this in previous questions. Tribeca = amazing / Uptown = cattle call. I was generally able to see Dr. Reichman for monitoring on weekdays, on weekends there were multiple doctors that rotated. All were good / no complaints. Nurses in Tribeca were a lot nicer & gentler with drawing blood.
Approx. $8,500 per cycle + additional hospital fees (approx. $1 k), not inc. medication. Also there was an initial consultation fee which I think was somewhere between $800 - $900. I previously had testing done so they didn't make me repeat those expenses.