West Coast Fertility Centers

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
11160 Warner Avenue
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
Fullerton
301 W. Bastanchury Road
Fullerton, CA 92835
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend West Coast Fertility Centers to a friend?
9.8
2 doctors
1 IVF, 32 Egg Freezing
THEY ARE AMAZING!!!! I cannot speak more highly of the nursing staff [West Coast Fertility Ctr].... Strengths: highly communicative, organized, compassionate, innovative, Dr. Diaz is an expert in his field, staff is so kind and caring, they are patient, and make you feel special At the moment I cannot think of a weakness. My husband did not qualify for financial help but I know they have options, so I would highly contact them and ask plenty of questions. They truly want to help you!
Latino, Other
1 IVF, 32 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with West Coast Fertility Centers.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Diaz at West Coast Fertility Centers?
It goes without saying, this has been the most difficult journey of our lives, but I would not want to through it anywhere else than with Dr. Diaz and his staff. I know each and every staff member by name and they know both my husband and I. It feels like family. They hug us and let us cry and then give us a huge smile and words of encouragement. Dr. Diaz has always been very honest with us, and while he has never given us false hope, he always gives us hope. There is something incredibly calming about him. He takes his time with you, he answers all your questions in detail (he has even drawn diagrams for us) and he makes us feel incredibly secure. Any time I have needed to speak to anyone, whether it be the Doctor or the Nurse, I am quick to get a response. They know our history and it is obvious they care!
Describe your experience with your nurse at West Coast Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Beth)
THEY ARE AMAZING!!!! I cannot speak more highly of the nursing staff. Anyone going through this knows how difficult it is, and the last thing you want is to feel like a number. Here you feel like family, I honestly felt like that staff was feeling all our emotions with us, through all the ups and downs. I feel like they have our best interest in mind and I am truly thankful to have found such a fantastic facility.
How was your experience with David Diaz at West Coast Fertility Centers?
Dr. Diaz is incredibly patient and knowledgeable, both my husband and I are always asking questions, sometimes it was questions I have asked multiple times before, but for whatever reason I needed reassurance, no matter what, he has always been incredibly patient, he takes his time during each visit, not once have I ever felt rushed or silly for asking a question. He is through in his explanations and examinations. He is empathetic and he listens. That is a big one for me. As difficult as this journey has been, I am grateful to have a doctor that I fully trust.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Diaz at West Coast Fertility Centers?
Get to know Dr. Diaz and his staff, they will raise your spirits and be your biggest supporters. They answer texts very quickly so be sure to ask if you can text them with questions.
Describe the protocols David Diaz used in your cycles at West Coast Fertility Centers and their degree of success.
I did a fresh embyro transfer most recently and I remember my protocol consisted of Lovenox (due to clotting factors), Delestrogen (intramuscular shot), Progesterone (intramuscular shot and vaginal suppository), Estradiol (vaginal suppository), Medrol dose pack, Doxcycline, Vit C, Vit D, Prenatal, Selenium, my first transfer did not take (embryos also not PGS test, we elected not to), but we are adding Co Q-10 and we are changing the estradiol to oral and starting the Lovenox later
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Diaz at West Coast Fertility Centers.
We did not have any insurance coverage or financial aid, and while fertility cost are generally pricier, I do feel everything was reasonable and fair. We had multiple appointments (over 2 hour meetings) with Dr. Diaz where he chose not to charge us. Additionally, although we did not qualify for financial aid, they do make every effort to find options for you and costs savings where ever they can.
Describe David Diaz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at West Coast Fertility Centers.
Dr. Diaz has consistently recommended single embryo transfer for us, however for our FET he would agree to 2 embryos if that is what we choose.
2013 - 2017
11 Eggs Frozen
Both the care coordinator and nursing staff [at West Coast] were amazing. The care coordinator always took her time explaining the medication and the treatment step by step. All nurses were great and knew me by name...Strengths: -SART and success rates -Won't deny you treatment if you are 42 or older but will look at you as an individual case -Will treat you as an individual with care and compassion..
2013 - 2017
11 Eggs Frozen
Describe your experience with West Coast Fertility Centers.
When I arrived for the first time at West Coast Fertility Centers in 2014, I distinctly remember my heart racing and my breathing short and shallow. At that time I was emotionally fragile and traumatized. I'd just come out of a long term relationship with a partner whom I thought I'd build a family with, uprooted from a city I had just moved to, and felt very sensitive about my age since a large factor of the break up had to do with me being much older. However, upon meeting Dr. Diaz, I was quickly put at ease. I distinctly remember pointing down to my ovaries and clearly stating, "I'm almost 39 and I have no idea what's going on in that universe down there." He then broke out charts to help me visualize what indeed was going on. In fact, he spent more than an entire hour educating me about my reproductive system. Not only was he incredibly warm and knowledgeable, he had taught at Harvard Medical and I loved the fact that he could explain a complex system in a digestible way. I also appreciated the fact that he was candid and honest with where I was biologically and that I might not be a good candidate for egg freezing. However, after testing and assessments, I was indeed a viable candidate and I moved forward quickly into the process. The entire staff walked hand in hand with me through out the entire process. Communication and organization was excellent, teaching days were thorough, and bed side manner by everyone was impeccable. They were able to make a process that was emotionally, mentally, physically, and financially tasking more smooth with their compassion and kindness. Ultimately, the egg retrieval and freezing was successful. Four years later, I am currently in the IVF transfer process. Although, I don't know what exists in outcome, I am completely confident in the team I have at West Coast Fertility Centers.
Describe your experience with your nurse at West Coast Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Maria)
Both the care coordinator and nursing staff were amazing. The care coordinator always took her time explaining the medication and the treatment step by step. All nurses were great and knew me by name. However, Beth always greeted me with a smile and hug. When I left after my egg retrieval four years ago, she looked at me and said "Here is your Plan B. Now, you just need to find your Prince." I smiled and didn't know if that would indeed happen. However, I'm back now with my husband in 2017 now completing the transfer with a medical team I love and trust.
How was your experience with David Diaz at West Coast Fertility Centers?
Dr. Diaz is a perfect blend of educator, doctor, and good citizen. As described in my summary to why I felt such deep care as a human, he was able to put me at ease at a time in my life that felt quite vulnerable and fragile. He took plenty of time with me each appointment to explain what was going on- often breaking out plenty of visuals and charts to do so. I really resonated with the fact that he felt knowledge was power and that he had spent time teaching at Harvard Medical. His treatment was structured and methodical and he made sure that he communicated well with his staff as they were an integral part in guiding me through. I also appreciated the fact that he was always completely honest (especially when first evaluating if I was even a viable candidate) and that he took significant delight whenever results did come out positive. Ultimately, on my day of retrieval, I was sent home with a picture of my eggs with a note of congratulations, as well as a statement that "You were such a wonderful patient to work with."
Dr. Diaz makes no promises so you must be open to hearing honesty.
Since my egg freezing was four years ago, I don't remember the exact strategies. However, I had a calendar that described the exact dosage of medications and when. I also had teaching days to help me learn how to give myself injectables. Through out my cycle, I was monitored with multiple ultrasounds to follow my progress. Ultimately, they retrieved 12 eggs, with 11 eggs that were mature enough for freezing. Four years later, I am in the midst of IVF treatment and preparing for Transfer. At the moment, it is too early to state anything...
My egg freezing total cost was $9000. This was at a time before "Compassionate Care Program." However, the clinic was running a special that month for egg freezing. Most of the cost went to the medication I used.
Although I am at the early stages of preparing to go through an embryo transfer, Dr. Diaz did explain with a chart the benefits of a single embryo transfer vs. a multiple transfer.
2013
14 Eggs Frozen
I felt that i was warmly embraced and cared for by his [Dr. Diaz] staff [at West Coast Fertility Centers]...I believe it [egg freezing costs] was around $8500 for me...Because my treatment was about 4 years ago, it is difficult for me to remember all of the details. However, I know that I was scared about poling myself with needles and the nurses explained what I needed to do very thoroughly and in the end, it didn't hurt as much as I was afraid it would.
2013
14 Eggs Frozen
I felt Dr. Diaz addressed my individual situation in a very personal manner. I felt that i was warmly embraced and cared for by his staff. Also, since the # of eggs retrieved from me for someone of my age, I felt he was surprised by also supportive.
How was your experience with David Diaz at West Coast Fertility Centers?
I felt that Dr. Diaz was very knowledgeable about fertility and clearly explained the statistics to me of someone my age of being able to retrieve viable eggs. He was also very patient regarding the questions I had.
I would tell them to prepare as many questions as possible they had about the egg freezing process and make sure to ask them of him. I think it is important for a patient to get a full picture of what they are getting into and that the Dr. has the responsibility to fully explain the pros and cons of any fertility procedure. Dr. Diaz does a good job of managing expectations.
I do not remember the full cost of the treatment but I believe it was around $8500 for me.