West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
1322 Pineview Dr
Morgantown, WV 26505
304-598-3100
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
The clinic [West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine] is very clean and well organized! It is very welcoming and homey. The rooms are private and everything you need is all on one floor! They are very quick to get you in for an appointment and they are accommodating ! Always very pleasant and laid back which I like because it keeps the stress level down...They have almost become like a family. One day during one of my failed cycles, I had an emotional melt down and got some less than desirable news (I had developed cysts) and I was crying, the nurse pulled me aside and hugged me so hard and was crying with me. That meant so much to me that they actually care
Describe your experience with West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is very clean and well organized! It is very welcoming and homey. The rooms are private and everything you need is all on one floor! They are very quick to get you in for an appointment and they are accommodating ! Always very pleasant and laid back which I like because it keeps the stress level down
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gary Horowitz at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine?
He takes the time to sit with us , look us in the eye and be completely open and honest and answer all of our questions and concerns . He is excellent and very compassionate
All of the nursing staff are fantastic! They all greet you by name and ask about you as a person and not a patient. They have almost become like a family. One day during one of my failed cycles, I had an emotional melt down and got some less than desirable news (I had developed cysts) and I was crying, the nurse pulled me aside and hugged me so hard and was crying with me. That meant so much to me that they actually care and she told me I could cry anytime in the office and that she wishes everyone who walks through the door to have a baby or how ever many they have been praying for!
How was your experience with Gary Horowitz at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Horowitz is a doctor that genuinely cares and it shows. He is open to trying new methods if one doesn't work. We are undergoing our last timed intercourse cycle before we move on to the hard stuff. He is honest and to the point. Excellent bedside manner and I would recommend him to anyone trying to have a family!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gary Horowitz at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Trust him with your care. I know it's hard to let go of control especially during TTC as it is stressful and there are so many unknowns !
Describe the protocols Gary Horowitz used in your cycles at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We started with the "easy" stuff (femara, trigger shot, ultrasounds, bloodwork) . If we have another unsuccessful cycle, we will be trying something else. I trust him and know he has our best interest at heart genuinely!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gary Horowitz at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Our insurance covers all except our copay
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
I later miscarried...From there, I received several calls of sympathy from the staff [at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine]. They've been so compassionate along the way. Hugging and consoling. Making me feel as though I'm more than just a patient...We paid for the ivf and frozen embryo transfer all at one time. The cost was $15,300. In addition, we paid $3,000 to reprogenetics for our pgd testing...They are very organized clinic. Everyone truly cares about your wellbeing and is looking at every avenue to make sure that you have a success ful pregnancy and live birth.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
We had several consultations with Dr. Horowitz. Even after we failed to have a normal embryo after PGD Testing, he brought us in and went through what had happened, and what we can improve on. He also went through and throughly explained what he thought were our best options the next time we tried IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Karen Merryman)
The nursing staff at why reproductive clinic is incredible. I started going there in April 2016 after my second miscarriage. At first Dr. Toffle was in charge of my case. He ruled out several different causes to what could be leading to my infertility. In June 2016 I fell pregnant again. I was taking progesterone supplements at the time, because he thought this could have been the reason for my miscarriage. I later miscarried July 27. From there, I received several calls of sympathy from the staff. They've been so compassionate along the way. Hugging and consoling. Making me feel as though I'm more than just a patient.
Dr. Horowitz was relatable and compassionate. He throughly explained all treatment processes, risks, and outcomes. He took his time during each visit to ensure that my husband and I knew what would be happening next. I couldn't ask to be under a better doctor's care.
He speaks quickly. So just ask him to repeat something if it isn't clear at first.
I'm not sure at the current time. He did tell me that a few of my eggs were not as mature as the numbers stated. A few of them were in the M1 stage. That during our next round he would add estrogen to my early Med list to help drive some of those eggs to maturity.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
The clinic [West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine] is small and friendly. I know both doctors and all of the nurses. I don't even have to sign in because they all know who I am, my history, and what I am going through. They are caring and compassionate...IVF cycle (transfer and retrieval) $5500 IUI's $400 Ultrasound $150.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
The clinic is small and friendly. I know both doctors and all of the nurses. I don't even have to sign in because they all know who I am, my history, and what I am going through. They are caring and compassionate.
Dr. Horowitz is pretty no nonsense but he knows my back history. He gets very details with the history. He plans his treatments around me as a person and not just statistics. He also talks about his own experience with iVF which was helpful to me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Karen)
Karen is wonderful. She is very organized and either knows the answers to my questions or gets them soon. If I e-mail her I have the answer within a few hours. She calls back right away as well. She gave me her cell phone so I can call at any time.
Dr. horowitz is no nonsense. He likes to tell what he knows, how he knows it, and explain how he went through iVF as well so he knows what it is like. He gave me his personal cell phone number and when I called he called me back the very next day. It was nice to be able to speak with him directly when I needed too. Every time we talked about a plan he went over my previous data, drew me some diagrams, gave me the options, then handed me the paper.
Ask questions because he will be happy to answer them.
My first IVF cycle with him we did Follistim, Menopur, and Ganarelix. He put me on a higher dose of Follistim because of my low AMH level. He said while my levels were extremely low, my AFC was decent at 12 so we could still do IVF. He wasn't ready to go to donor eggs. My second cycle we tried estrogen priming with Follistim, Menopur, and Ganarelix. He added in the estrogen to try and get more eggs mature since the first round we retrieved 10 but only 5 were mature. It worked as 10 were retrieved and 8 were mature this time.
IVF cycle (transfer and retrieval) $5500 IUI's $400 Ultrasound $150
Endometriosis, Unexplained
The clinic [West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine] is very small. There are only 2 doctors. There are about 6 nurses. I like it here because everyone knows me. When I walk in I don't even have to give my name because they know who I am. I'm a person and not a number. The lab is small and there are only 2 people in the lab. The lab people are both very nice. I know everyone in the place which makes me feel very comfortable.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
The clinic is very small. There are only 2 doctors. There are about 6 nurses. I like it here because everyone knows me. When I walk in I don't even have to give my name because they know who I am. I'm a person and not a number. The lab is small and there are only 2 people in the lab. The lab people are both very nice. I know everyone in the place which makes me feel very comfortable.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Roger Toffle at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Toffle recognized me at my appointments and knew my history. He understood what we wanted and didn't treat me like a number. I had a missed miscarriage when I was with him and he wanted to schedule it for Friday but my brother was getting married so he changed his entire schedule to do it that day.
Karen is wonderful. She gave me her direct line, her e-mail, and her personal cell phone. She answers my e-mails within a few hours and my phone calls as soon as possible. She was even on vacation once and wrote me back to tell me she'd write when she was back. She's very professional and always gets me any answers I need.
How was your experience with Roger Toffle at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Toffle was very straight forward about my treatment. He would draw me a diagram of anything we were doing and list all of the options. He would then give me this paper to take home. At my appointments I always saw him and not a tech or a nurse. He was caring and compassionate. When my cycles didn't work he was sympathetic. I went to him just for monitoring first and even though he wasn't doing my actual medical cycles he still cared about how I was doing and checked in on me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Roger Toffle at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Go to him soon as I think he'll be retiring soon.
Describe the protocols Roger Toffle used in your cycles at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We did Letrozole instead of Clomid on my IUI because I had 3 failed Clomid IUI cycles. I couldn't do IVF until the summer so he said it wouldn't hurt anything to try Letrozole and do IUI's with that.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Roger Toffle at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Monitoring ultrasound were $150, IUI's were $400
Endometriosis, Unexplained
All of the nursing staff [at West Virgina University Center for Reproductive Medincine] were very friendly and compassionate. The nurse coordinator was always available via phone, email, and text...IUIs approximately $700 (including meds from pharmacy) IVF with Fresh Transfer approximately $8,000 to $9,000 Frozen Embryo Transfer approximately $3,200 Embryo Freezing $500 for 1 year
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Strengths: The providers and staff at this clinic are friendly, knowledgeable, understanding, and very professional. The clinic is a small and private setting, which made me feel more comfortable. Also, the egg retrieval and transfer is done in the clinic, so you do not have to go to a separate facility. Weaknesses: Parking at the clinic was sometimes difficult, as the parking lot is small and shared with another clinic.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shon Rowan at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Rowan and his staff have always treated me very well.
All of the nursing staff were very friendly and compassionate. The nurse coordinator was always available via phone, email, and text.
How was your experience with Shon Rowan at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Rowan is very friendly and is great at explaining the process of fertility treatments. He gets right to the point and doesn't encourage false hope. I appreciate that he always gives me the pros and cons of a treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shon Rowan at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine?
I would tell a prospective patient that Dr. Rowan gets right to the point about your diagnosis and treatments options. He will also give you all of your treatment options and the pros and cons of each.
Describe the protocols Shon Rowan used in your cycles at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We tried natural cycles, timed intercourse, timed intercourse with Clomid and Femara, IUIs with Clomid and Femara, and IVF. Our one and only retrieval and transfer resulted in the birth of my son.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shon Rowan at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Describe Shon Rowan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Rowan is realistic about eSET and multiple embryo transfer. He gives you the choice, but will also give you his recommendation.
Shon Rowan
2012
The clinic [WVU Center for Reproductive Med] was very nice. We loved everything about the place. It was clean, privacy was respected, and the staff was amazing. We never had a bad experience ever and they always fit us in (even living an hour and a half away - they were so accommodating)... First, we started with just clomid. It did not react well with my body so we switched to femara. My body responded better to it. We did that for several cycles then included IUI with it. We did IUI twice. It didn't work. Dr Toffle was willing to do a third but we actually chose to pursue adoption and stopped treatments.
2012
The clinic was very nice. We loved everything about the place. It was clean, privacy was respected, and the staff was amazing. We never had a bad experience ever and they always fit us in (even living an hour and a half away - they were so accommodating)
Dr Toffle took time to explain everything and was wonderful to work with...you could tell he cared and didn't rush anything when we were there.
They were always so helpful and kind.
He listened and explained everything thoroughly in terms we could understand. He worked with us and made sure to know what we wanted and what our limits were and did everything he could to help us. He was so patient and kind and truly a light in a time that we were struggling to understand why we couldn't get pregnant.
I would just say ask questions and know how far you want to go in treatments...he will respect your wishes.
My insurance would cover the medications and some testing. However, it did not cover the IUI so it was around $600 per time.
2013 - 2016
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
The nurses are top-notch at this office [West Virginia Center for Reproductive Medicine] . They are so kind and take the best care of the patients. They are there to cry, laugh, joke and support everyone and they legitimately care...There were some delays from lab results one time....they are human so this oversight didn't upset me. I called in, they apologized and we moved on...The clinic is private, clean and perfect for the practice.
2013 - 2016
The clinic is private, clean and perfect for the practice.
He legitimately cares about his patients and their outcomes.
Describe your experience with your nurse at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Vicky)
The nurses are top-notch at this office. They are so kind and take the best care of the patients. They are there to cry, laugh, joke and support everyone and they legitimately care.
What specific things went wrong at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine?
It took a little time for me to adjust to his bedside manner, but with time, I truly saw what an amazing doctor he was. During my miscarriages, he took amazing care of me. I feel like he is a conservative doctor and doesn't try to move straight to the expensive and risky fertility treatments.
He is in the process of retiring, so this won't really apply.
He was big on using pills, tracking ovulation and using ultrasounds to track eggs/activity. He always made room in his schedule for any needed appointments.
I believe IUIs were $250