Genetic counseling: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
1322 Pineview Dr
Morgantown, WV 26505
304-598-3100
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine to a friend?

9.7

Anovulation, Male Factor
One of our 5 day embryos was destroyed during the PGS biopsy. We weren't informed until our follow up appointment a month later. We only had two. ... Karen explained the IVF process very well. She helped when were having issues with the pharmacy and PGS testing. At times she was too busy to return calls but I think that was do to a busy time period before the lab closed. My husband did not like her. He thought she was rude when explaining options.
Anovulation, Male Factor
Describe your experience with West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The other nurses at the clinic are the absolute best! The receptionist and billing office were fantastic also. The office is in a convenient location. Some days you might have to wait a while for you appointment but everyone is friendly and helpful.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shon Rowan at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Felt that he cared about our case.
Describe your experience with your nurse at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Karen Merryman)
What specific things went wrong at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine?
How was your experience with Shon Rowan at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine?
At all of my appointments I felt well cared for. All of the procedures were well explained. Dr. Rowan is very matter of fact so much so at times his bed side manner suffers. At each appointment I came prepared with questions and he was very patient with me and answered all of them.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shon Rowan at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Advocate for your care and research your problems.
Describe the protocols Shon Rowan used in your cycles at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
For 10 days follistimAQ 225 iu once a day,menopur 75iu once a day. The last 5 days Ganirelix 250 mcg with the other injections. Trigger shot with Chor Gonadot 10,000 unt injection. 9 eggs were retrieved, 4 were mature, 4 fertilized with ICSI. 1 at day 5 and biopsied for PGS.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shon Rowan at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The total was $14,000. Just the egg retrieval and ivf with ICSI was $10,000 and the tranfer would have been the other $4,000.
Morgantown

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Shon Rowan at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine.

Right now they [West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine] are short a specialist so getting a good appointment that fits my work schedule is very hard. I have to take time off work a good bit now. The clinic is very clean and feels like someone’s house and not a clinic...The nurses are very sweet and understanding. You can call them at any time and they will try to answer you then or call you back shortly. I always feel calm talking to them.
Right now they are short a specialist so getting a good appointment that fits my work schedule is very hard. I have to take time off work a good bit now. The clinic is very clean and feels like someone’s house and not a clinic.
Even though he had a large patient load because of a doctor resigning I always felt like he cared about my questions and concerns.
Dr. Rowan is younger so he is open to more modern treatments and tests. My first doctor would not do an HSG on me because he stated it was not necessary but Dr. Rowan insisted that it WAS needed and I gladly did it. He always listens to me and does not make me feel like I’m bothering him.
Come with a list of questions and options you are willing to try.
We always did either clomid or letrozole every cycle and both of those made me have hot flashes and feel pretty tired. We had one cycle of dexamethasone which i did not like at all! It made my blood pressure go up which made me have a red face and ears and just feel lousy. We had 3 trigger shots. One before each IUI we did which all failed. They didn’t cause any side effects other than my skin was sore and red at the injection site. All medications created 2 good size follicles every cycle but did not result in pregnancy.
During my cycle visits all I had to pay was my copay. Unfortunately my insurance does not cover IUI so that was completely out of pocket.
Describe Shon Rowan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine.
None
Morgantown

The clinic [West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine] is very clean and well organized! It is very welcoming and homey. The rooms are private and everything you need is all on one floor! They are very quick to get you in for an appointment and they are accommodating ! Always very pleasant and laid back which I like because it keeps the stress level down...They have almost become like a family. One day during one of my failed cycles, I had an emotional melt down and got some less than desirable news (I had developed cysts) and I was crying, the nurse pulled me aside and hugged me so hard and was crying with me. That meant so much to me that they actually care
The clinic is very clean and well organized! It is very welcoming and homey. The rooms are private and everything you need is all on one floor! They are very quick to get you in for an appointment and they are accommodating ! Always very pleasant and laid back which I like because it keeps the stress level down
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gary Horowitz at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine?
He takes the time to sit with us , look us in the eye and be completely open and honest and answer all of our questions and concerns . He is excellent and very compassionate
All of the nursing staff are fantastic! They all greet you by name and ask about you as a person and not a patient. They have almost become like a family. One day during one of my failed cycles, I had an emotional melt down and got some less than desirable news (I had developed cysts) and I was crying, the nurse pulled me aside and hugged me so hard and was crying with me. That meant so much to me that they actually care and she told me I could cry anytime in the office and that she wishes everyone who walks through the door to have a baby or how ever many they have been praying for!
How was your experience with Gary Horowitz at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Horowitz is a doctor that genuinely cares and it shows. He is open to trying new methods if one doesn't work. We are undergoing our last timed intercourse cycle before we move on to the hard stuff. He is honest and to the point. Excellent bedside manner and I would recommend him to anyone trying to have a family!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gary Horowitz at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Trust him with your care. I know it's hard to let go of control especially during TTC as it is stressful and there are so many unknowns !
Describe the protocols Gary Horowitz used in your cycles at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We started with the "easy" stuff (femara, trigger shot, ultrasounds, bloodwork) . If we have another unsuccessful cycle, we will be trying something else. I trust him and know he has our best interest at heart genuinely!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gary Horowitz at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Our insurance covers all except our copay
Morgantown

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Gary Horowitz at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine.

It's hard if your insurance doesn't cover fertility treatments because all payments must be made up front. They [WVU] we very accommodating with appointment times and were very kind and understanding. They were also very discrete when talking with you about your situation. ... The initial visit was around $180. After that every visit was $75. If they did an ultrasound looking for egg follicles, it was around $150. Everything is due that day.
It's hard if your insurance doesn't cover fertility treatments because all payments must be made up front. They we very accommodating with appointment times and were very kind and understanding. They were also very discrete when talking with you about your situation.
He always made sure to talk to me before and after any appointment. He did a wonderful job of explaining things...including drawing pictures and writing everything down. He was very kind and understanding and made me feel very comfortable.
I feel like he truly cares about the outcome. He was always the one checking me and would have me go into his office after to talk. He explained everything and answered any question I had. When things weren't going as planned, he decided to try something else. He was understanding about my fears and tried to make me feel better when I was worrying.
Trust him! He really knows what he is doing and is great at making to feel more comfortable with what is happening.
I started with taking 1 pill (Femara) for 5 days then doing timed intercourse. We tried this for a few rounds. We were unsuccessful in getting pregnant. Then we bumped it up to 2 pills for 5 days with the same results. Next we added dexamethasone (1 a day for 14 days) along with the femara. Same results. Then we did those pills with an HCG shot. We did one round like this with no success. Last, we did the pills and a series of 3 shots. No success. At this point I stopped for monetary reasons. It had nothing to do with the doctor.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
I later miscarried...From there, I received several calls of sympathy from the staff [at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine]. They've been so compassionate along the way. Hugging and consoling. Making me feel as though I'm more than just a patient...We paid for the ivf and frozen embryo transfer all at one time. The cost was $15,300. In addition, we paid $3,000 to reprogenetics for our pgd testing...They are very organized clinic. Everyone truly cares about your wellbeing and is looking at every avenue to make sure that you have a success ful pregnancy and live birth.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
We had several consultations with Dr. Horowitz. Even after we failed to have a normal embryo after PGD Testing, he brought us in and went through what had happened, and what we can improve on. He also went through and throughly explained what he thought were our best options the next time we tried IVF.
The nursing staff at why reproductive clinic is incredible. I started going there in April 2016 after my second miscarriage. At first Dr. Toffle was in charge of my case. He ruled out several different causes to what could be leading to my infertility. In June 2016 I fell pregnant again. I was taking progesterone supplements at the time, because he thought this could have been the reason for my miscarriage. I later miscarried July 27. From there, I received several calls of sympathy from the staff. They've been so compassionate along the way. Hugging and consoling. Making me feel as though I'm more than just a patient.
Dr. Horowitz was relatable and compassionate. He throughly explained all treatment processes, risks, and outcomes. He took his time during each visit to ensure that my husband and I knew what would be happening next. I couldn't ask to be under a better doctor's care.
He speaks quickly. So just ask him to repeat something if it isn't clear at first.
I'm not sure at the current time. He did tell me that a few of my eggs were not as mature as the numbers stated. A few of them were in the M1 stage. That during our next round he would add estrogen to my early Med list to help drive some of those eggs to maturity.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
The clinic [West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine] is small and friendly. I know both doctors and all of the nurses. I don't even have to sign in because they all know who I am, my history, and what I am going through. They are caring and compassionate...IVF cycle (transfer and retrieval) $5500 IUI's $400 Ultrasound $150.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
The clinic is small and friendly. I know both doctors and all of the nurses. I don't even have to sign in because they all know who I am, my history, and what I am going through. They are caring and compassionate.
Dr. Horowitz is pretty no nonsense but he knows my back history. He gets very details with the history. He plans his treatments around me as a person and not just statistics. He also talks about his own experience with iVF which was helpful to me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Karen)
Karen is wonderful. She is very organized and either knows the answers to my questions or gets them soon. If I e-mail her I have the answer within a few hours. She calls back right away as well. She gave me her cell phone so I can call at any time.
Dr. horowitz is no nonsense. He likes to tell what he knows, how he knows it, and explain how he went through iVF as well so he knows what it is like. He gave me his personal cell phone number and when I called he called me back the very next day. It was nice to be able to speak with him directly when I needed too. Every time we talked about a plan he went over my previous data, drew me some diagrams, gave me the options, then handed me the paper.
Ask questions because he will be happy to answer them.
My first IVF cycle with him we did Follistim, Menopur, and Ganarelix. He put me on a higher dose of Follistim because of my low AMH level. He said while my levels were extremely low, my AFC was decent at 12 so we could still do IVF. He wasn't ready to go to donor eggs. My second cycle we tried estrogen priming with Follistim, Menopur, and Ganarelix. He added in the estrogen to try and get more eggs mature since the first round we retrieved 10 but only 5 were mature. It worked as 10 were retrieved and 8 were mature this time.
IVF cycle (transfer and retrieval) $5500 IUI's $400 Ultrasound $150

Endometriosis, Unexplained
The clinic [West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine] is very small. There are only 2 doctors. There are about 6 nurses. I like it here because everyone knows me. When I walk in I don't even have to give my name because they know who I am. I'm a person and not a number. The lab is small and there are only 2 people in the lab. The lab people are both very nice. I know everyone in the place which makes me feel very comfortable.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
The clinic is very small. There are only 2 doctors. There are about 6 nurses. I like it here because everyone knows me. When I walk in I don't even have to give my name because they know who I am. I'm a person and not a number. The lab is small and there are only 2 people in the lab. The lab people are both very nice. I know everyone in the place which makes me feel very comfortable.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Roger Toffle at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Toffle recognized me at my appointments and knew my history. He understood what we wanted and didn't treat me like a number. I had a missed miscarriage when I was with him and he wanted to schedule it for Friday but my brother was getting married so he changed his entire schedule to do it that day.
Karen is wonderful. She gave me her direct line, her e-mail, and her personal cell phone. She answers my e-mails within a few hours and my phone calls as soon as possible. She was even on vacation once and wrote me back to tell me she'd write when she was back. She's very professional and always gets me any answers I need.
How was your experience with Roger Toffle at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Toffle was very straight forward about my treatment. He would draw me a diagram of anything we were doing and list all of the options. He would then give me this paper to take home. At my appointments I always saw him and not a tech or a nurse. He was caring and compassionate. When my cycles didn't work he was sympathetic. I went to him just for monitoring first and even though he wasn't doing my actual medical cycles he still cared about how I was doing and checked in on me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Roger Toffle at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Go to him soon as I think he'll be retiring soon.
Describe the protocols Roger Toffle used in your cycles at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We did Letrozole instead of Clomid on my IUI because I had 3 failed Clomid IUI cycles. I couldn't do IVF until the summer so he said it wouldn't hurt anything to try Letrozole and do IUI's with that.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Roger Toffle at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Monitoring ultrasound were $150, IUI's were $400
Morgantown

They [nurses at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine] rockkkkkk!!!!!!! from the moment I walk in the door to the time I leave I feel 100% comfortable. We definitely are a TEAM...One month I had to get my period induced I went to my app Friday and my meds weren't called in. I couldn't contact the clinic until Monday I missed out on 3 days of a 10 day medicine...Each doc visit is $99 vaginal ultrasounds are $299 iuis $212. Meds per cycles $8-1500 a cycle
-nursing team is awesome. -mail order pharmacy's could communicate alittle bit better with the clinic. (Ex. Sometimes I have to call the clinic and have them do more things to get my meds pushed through) -great at getting you squeezed in
Human 100% the front desk girl rocks and I never have to give my name. from calling and them knowing exactly who I am to walking in the door. I'm treated like a friend.
They rockkkkkk!!!!!!! from the moment I walk in the door to the time I leave I feel 100% comfortable. We definitely are a TEAM
Sometimes it seems like I dont get the chance to ask questions like I would like. I believe he has my best interest at heart but at times I feel rushed. Always very friendly. Instead of him stating everything I need to know i sometimes feel like I'm left hanging and tend to have to ask the nurses questions
Be your own advocate. If you have a gut feeling SAY IT. At the end of the day its YOUR money that's being spent. Dont let them make you feel rushed. They are there because of YOU.
First cycle provera was used to induce my period. U/s showed mass in uterus so a hysteroscopy & d/c were performed. We then moved onto several rounds of letrazole & clomid. Other meds included vaginal progesterone, actos & dexamethasone. We are currently trying Injectibles (follistim) w/ no pregnancy thus far

Endometriosis, Unexplained
All of the nursing staff [at West Virgina University Center for Reproductive Medincine] were very friendly and compassionate. The nurse coordinator was always available via phone, email, and text...IUIs approximately $700 (including meds from pharmacy) IVF with Fresh Transfer approximately $8,000 to $9,000 Frozen Embryo Transfer approximately $3,200 Embryo Freezing $500 for 1 year
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Strengths: The providers and staff at this clinic are friendly, knowledgeable, understanding, and very professional. The clinic is a small and private setting, which made me feel more comfortable. Also, the egg retrieval and transfer is done in the clinic, so you do not have to go to a separate facility. Weaknesses: Parking at the clinic was sometimes difficult, as the parking lot is small and shared with another clinic.
Dr. Rowan and his staff have always treated me very well.
All of the nursing staff were very friendly and compassionate. The nurse coordinator was always available via phone, email, and text.
Dr. Rowan is very friendly and is great at explaining the process of fertility treatments. He gets right to the point and doesn't encourage false hope. I appreciate that he always gives me the pros and cons of a treatment.
I would tell a prospective patient that Dr. Rowan gets right to the point about your diagnosis and treatments options. He will also give you all of your treatment options and the pros and cons of each.
We tried natural cycles, timed intercourse, timed intercourse with Clomid and Femara, IUIs with Clomid and Femara, and IVF. Our one and only retrieval and transfer resulted in the birth of my son.
Dr. Rowan is realistic about eSET and multiple embryo transfer. He gives you the choice, but will also give you his recommendation.

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
The clinic [West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine] is separate from the main campus of the hospital. it is nice and private. warm and inviting and the rooms where plans are discussed are homey feeling and not like a office setting or regular exam room which gives you a more relaxed feel...I am very happy with the nursing staff even on delicate subjects the reassurance and compassion they show are amazing...Dr. Rowan does a great job at answering my questions and looking into the details of complaints.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
The clinic is separate from the main campus of the hospital. it is nice and private. warm and inviting and the rooms where plans are discussed are homey feeling and not like a office setting or regular exam room which gives you a more relaxed feel.
Dr. Rowan does a great job at answering my questions and looking into the details of complaints. He is caring.
Is detailed in answering my questions. bedside manner is good as he takes time and does not hurry the appointment. gave me hope in that I could still conceive even with my diminishing ovarian reserve. He tried multiple things to get me to ovulate through medications
Bringing your spouse to the appointment helps immensely as he seems to like to meet them. He is thorough at trying to figure a solution to all problems.
I had two cycles of medications starting with Letrozole. when I went back for the US to see if it was working he prescribed me another round of medicine right there at a higher dose to try and induce ovulation. this happened for two cycles.
costs for most office visits are covered by my insurance. all medications that are prescribed are not. testing like labs and ultrasounds are partially covered because I work for another hospital in town.

2012
The clinic [WVU Center for Reproductive Med] was very nice. We loved everything about the place. It was clean, privacy was respected, and the staff was amazing. We never had a bad experience ever and they always fit us in (even living an hour and a half away - they were so accommodating)... First, we started with just clomid. It did not react well with my body so we switched to femara. My body responded better to it. We did that for several cycles then included IUI with it. We did IUI twice. It didn't work. Dr Toffle was willing to do a third but we actually chose to pursue adoption and stopped treatments.
2012
The clinic was very nice. We loved everything about the place. It was clean, privacy was respected, and the staff was amazing. We never had a bad experience ever and they always fit us in (even living an hour and a half away - they were so accommodating)
Dr Toffle took time to explain everything and was wonderful to work with...you could tell he cared and didn't rush anything when we were there.
They were always so helpful and kind.
He listened and explained everything thoroughly in terms we could understand. He worked with us and made sure to know what we wanted and what our limits were and did everything he could to help us. He was so patient and kind and truly a light in a time that we were struggling to understand why we couldn't get pregnant.
I would just say ask questions and know how far you want to go in treatments...he will respect your wishes.
My insurance would cover the medications and some testing. However, it did not cover the IUI so it was around $600 per time.
Morgantown

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Roger Toffle at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine.

They [West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine] are really good at communicating with you throughout the treatments. They explain everything to you in detail each time you are in there. They are quick with getting any type of blood work results to you, and are always available to call if you have any questions or concerns.... The nursing staff is the best. They are always so kind, and show so much compassion.
They are really good at communicating with you throughout the treatments. They explain everything to you in detail each time you are in there. They are quick with getting any type of blood work results to you, and are always available to call if you have any questions or concerns.
I feel like a human at Dr. Rowan’s office, because I am always heard. They listen to every concern, and answer every question I have in detail.
I’m not sure how he does it, but Dr. Rowan is one of the most attentive dr’s I have ever had. He is always available to answer questions, and makes sure you understand every aspect of the treatment. I would recommend him to anyone dealing with infertility issues.
First iui we did letrozole for 5 days, and then trigger shot, and an iui. That one ended up failing. Second treatment we did letrozole, steroid, trigger, and iui. That resulted in pregnancy, but ended in a miscarriage at 11 weeks 4 days due to a chromosome issue. Third iui was letrozole, and trigger shot, then iui. This one failed, and when we tried to started another iui we found that I had a cyst from the treatment. We are currently taking some time off.

Endometriosis, Male Factor, Other
Very good people skills. They [WVU] always show empathy and compassion towards patients. Anytime you had a question they would get back to you within that day. Always made you feel comfortable. I would highly recommend this clinic... Everyone was absolutely amazing! They always took them time to make sure you were ok. They could tell if you were having an off day and tried to cheer you up!
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Other
Very good people skills. They always show empathy and compassion towards patients. Anytime you had a question they would get back to you within that day. Always made you feel comfortable. I would highly recommend this clinic
There were times Dr. Horowitz took the time to see what was going on with my cycle. Other times it felt like he was in a hurry and rushed off without answering my questions.
Dr. Horowitz was very friendly. He would always explained everything we needed to know about our plans for each cycle. He got right to the point when explaining to us about our issues when dealing with fertility problems and doing ivf.
Ask questions!!
First we tried several cycles of femara and hcg infections. Moved on to IUI with injections. Last IVF with a lot of injections
Medications and injections had copays. Usually only a $10 copay. IUI $708. IVF with ICSI plus assisted hatching $14,188. Genetic testing was $500. FET $4,000
Describe Gary Horowitz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine.
We were only allowed to transfer one at a time. We wanted to transfer two embryos actually. Only because it’s another $4k each time to do a transfer. In our minds we thought maybe it could’ve worked better and saved us money

2013 - 2016
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
The nurses are top-notch at this office [West Virginia Center for Reproductive Medicine] . They are so kind and take the best care of the patients. They are there to cry, laugh, joke and support everyone and they legitimately care...There were some delays from lab results one time....they are human so this oversight didn't upset me. I called in, they apologized and we moved on...The clinic is private, clean and perfect for the practice.
2013 - 2016
The clinic is private, clean and perfect for the practice.
He legitimately cares about his patients and their outcomes.
Describe your experience with your nurse at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Vicky)
The nurses are top-notch at this office. They are so kind and take the best care of the patients. They are there to cry, laugh, joke and support everyone and they legitimately care.
It took a little time for me to adjust to his bedside manner, but with time, I truly saw what an amazing doctor he was. During my miscarriages, he took amazing care of me. I feel like he is a conservative doctor and doesn't try to move straight to the expensive and risky fertility treatments.
He is in the process of retiring, so this won't really apply.
He was big on using pills, tracking ovulation and using ultrasounds to track eggs/activity. He always made room in his schedule for any needed appointments.
I believe IUIs were $250

Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Other
[The nurses at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine were]...Very well educated with any questions i had when i would call. Typically saw the same nurse but i have a bad memory for names. Very compassionate when they see its not going as it is suppose to...Each IUI cost around 700.00 A sheet was given where it would cost all together with medications for IVF around 14,000 give ot take if by chance any of my medications would be covered. I personally had no coverage for anything including any testing to see where the problem lied with why we werent getting pregnant
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Only thing i had any issues with was first time going i didnt realize the fertility clinic was in the side door so i sat downstairs in the OB/GYN part until someone noticed that we were there then sent us upstairs. Very nice environment!
He spoke to you on a level you understood. Every time you went to dr office you would personally see and speak to dr rowan after the U/S or whatever you are having done. When you feel you cant take anymore and have partial melt downs he talks with you and sees what you are wanting to do. He never gave any false hope which for some may not be a positive thing but it helps you understand where you are at and where you stand in your treatment
On first visit he did tests then sat down and explained everything not being rushed and let you ask whatever questions you may have. After couple IUI fails if he doesnt think its going to work due to unforseen circumstances he didnt waste your money by continually trying and moved to next step. Explained before reasons why he may next be able to retrieve eggs so that you as the patient arent going in knowing you have so many eggs yet he was unable to retrieve. Gives you everything from the beginning and doesnt completely sugar coat what may or may not happen but in a very polite professional kind way!
If you want a dr that will sit down and speak to you on your level and do all he can but will also tell you when he cant instead of having you go through hoops of medications and failed attempts. But he will also do all he can to get you that baby you want then he is the man you want:)
5 of femara for 2 cycles with shot for timed ovulation for the iui which both failed. 3rd iui was given 7.5 of femara but only side that may have been blocked produced so cancelled after U/S for rest of IUI
We hadnt gotten that far because during time i was taking birth control and about to start baseline for IVF I got pulmonary embolisms so waiting to be cleared but will update if possible
Morgantown

The biggest weakness that I see [at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine] is that no one has reached out to me since they talked to me about IVF. No one has called a broke down the payment options or anything...Anytime I had a question about anything the nurses were all very nice and would return my calls and answer my questions. They were always so nice during my office visits...I enjoyed seeing him [Dr. Gary Horowitz]-he was very knowledgeable and smart. But I didn't see him at every appointment which then hindered my treatments-because the other drs wouldn't know what he wanted to do next. I had to repeat 2 cycles due to nothing in my chart about out next step...First month was my initial visit with blood work and transvaginal ultrasound. My second and third month I took metformin and letrozole and had timed intercourse. My fourth month I didn't see Dr. Horowitz-but I was ovulating and they ended up doing an IUI-my fifth month we did letrozole, injection and IUI. The sixth month I did letrozole, injection and timed intercourse.
The biggest weakness that I see is that no one has reached out to me since they talked to me about IVF. No one has called a broke down the payment options or anything. Also, I had coverage with my insurance to cover my IUIs and they have not been covered and the clinic says it is my responsibility to get my insurance to pay which I do not agree with.
He sat down at each visit and explained things to me-I wish he would have dumb it down a little bit for me to better understand how my body was working-but I liked that he took the time to talk to you
I enjoyed seeing him-he was very knowledgeable and smart. But I didn't see him at every appointment which then hindered my treatments-because the other drs wouldn't know what he wanted to do next. I had to repeat 2 cycles due to nothing in my chart about out next step. Also, when they decided it was time to move on to IVF the grant websites he gave me where no longer up and running.
Ask him to write down your next steps if this month fails. So everyone can be on the same page.
First month was my initial visit with blood work and transvaginal ultrasound. My second and third month I took metformin and letrozole and had timed intercourse. My fourth month I didn't see Dr. Horowitz-but I was ovulating and they ended up doing an IUI-my fifth month we did letrozole, injection and IUI. The sixth month I did letrozole, injection and timed intercourse. The eighth and nineth month they changed my injection and we did letrozole and IUI. No timed intercourse or IUI resulted into a pregnancy. So, in October they discussed our option as being IVF. They gave me 2 websites to apply for grants that are no longer up. I have not been back since the discussion of IVF
I had insurance coverage-but my insurance denied all of my IUIs which was 6 of them-they still haven't covered it. The billing says it is my responsibility to get the insurance to pay which I do not agree with. Also, they have never called me any time of details if we would decide to do IVF.