9.8

136 South Broadway
White Plains, NY 10605
914-949-6677

2017 - 2021, Successful
Dr Blotner is a passionate physician who genuinely cares about his patients...worked hard to troubleshoot our challenges along the way. He is straight with you - and tells you his concerns plainly, which I really appreciated...aware of new research and newly accepted techniques and pharmaceuticals. I felt like he genuinely cared about us, our challenges, and our desire to conceive. He went above and beyond and we now have two beautiful babies.
The best part about the small environment is the individualized care and family feeling of the clinic [Westchester Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinology]...From the moment I entered the door, I was greeted by friendly and caring staff and professionals who knew the details of my case and were supportive of the goal to get pregnant. They were also sensitive to how emotional and challenging the journey could be. They truly treated me like family in the way they showed how much they cared and went above and beyond to make my treatment as effective as possible.
How was your experience with Michael Blotner at Westchester Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinology?
Dr Blotner is a passionate physician who genuinely cares about his patients. He went above and beyond to fight for us - and worked hard to troubleshoot our challenges along the way. He is straight with you - and tells you his concerns plainly, which I really appreciated. He is aware of new research and newly accepted techniques and pharmaceuticals. I felt like he genuinely cared about us, our challenges, and our desire to conceive. He went above and beyond and we now have two beautiful babies.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Blotner at Westchester Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinology?
Dr. Blotner will fight for you and do all he can to support you. He will always be straightforward and honest with you even when the information may be difficult to hear. Stay patient with yourself and positive - and follow his advice. Miracles happen there on a regular basis!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Blotner at Westchester Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinology?
Describe the protocols Michael Blotner used in your cycles at Westchester Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinology and their degree of success.
We did 7 IUIs unsuccessfully - and then did 2 IVF cycles before getting pregnant. Two years later, we got pregnant again on the first attempt of an IVF cycle using the identical protocol from two years before.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Westchester Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinology.
Donna, Natasha, and Tatiana were amazingly generous and kind. They went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable and knew the details of my case. When I got pregnant I felt they really cared and were so happy for us. They made this process as easy as it could be - and I am so grateful.
Describe your experience with Westchester Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinology.
It's a small clinic - which is one of its strengths. Others may prefer a larger clinic, as sometimes waiting times could be longer than may be ideal. However, within the past year or so they have been assigning times to keep the waiting room less full which has been super helpful and made the experience even better. The best part about the small environment is the individualized care and family feeling of the clinic. I wouldn't go anywhere else.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Westchester Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinology.
This past year, the process was very efficient and wait times were totally reasonable. With the COVID protocols, assigned times were given which helped prevent some of the longer wait times. A wonderful outcome amid a difficult circumstance!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Blotner at Westchester Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinology.
Dr. Blotner accepts insurance and his staff, especially Paula, was incredibly helpful with billing and any issues that arose with respect to insurance processing of bills. I paid some out of pocket expenses and feel they were reasonably priced in light of the level of service I received.
Describe Michael Blotner's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Westchester Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinology.
The first time we transferred two and there was not a pregnancy. The second time we did genetic testing and transferred one, and got pregnant. The third time we did genetic testing and transferred one and got pregnant. Opinion was different based on whether or not we did genetic testing.
White Plains

After running several tests I was recommended to take Synthroid hypothyroidism and Bromocriptine to lower my prolactin. These medications helped me normalize my hormone levels. Only after this step, Dr. Blotner was able to prescribe me with a fertility treatment that fits my needs. My cervix is short, therefore, the doctor was concerned with the possibility of having multiples. That is why he prescribed my the lowest dose of Letrozole and a triggering shot of Ovidrel...is the only doctor of the clinic... He is direct, but I do not mind it. He took his time to review my history, he asked questions and I did not feel rushed into a treatment that I did not understand or agree. After my first failed procedure, the doctor called me to give me the news and he was compassionate and explained what the next steps would be. He makes me feel comfortable asking questions and addressing all my concerns.
All the staff [at Westchester Fertility and Reproductive Endocrinology], from Natasha, who always has a smile on her face and makes you feel welcomed and comfortable, to Valerie, Tatiana and Donna the phlebotomist are doing a fantastic job making you feel a part of the “family”...has a good location, great staff that always makes you feel comfortable and walks you through the procedures and lifts your spirits . One of the weaknesses would be that the clinic is closed 2 consecutive days and that can interfere with the patient’s cycles... there is a familiar feeling when walking through the doors. All the staff would know/call you by your first name.
My experience with Dr. Blotner was positive. He is direct, but I do not mind it. He took his time to review my history, he asked questions and I did not feel rushed into a treatment that I did not understand or agree. After my first failed procedure, the doctor called me to give me the news and he was compassionate and explained what the next steps would be. He makes me feel comfortable asking questions and addressing all my concerns.
Trying to conceive is a very personal experience. Therefore, choosing your RE is very important. My advice would be to trust the doctor’s experience, but ask questions about the procedures, treatments and any other concerns that you might have.
Dr. Blotner is the only doctor of the clinic. Therefore there is a familiar feeling when walking through the doors. All the staff would know/call you by your first name.
After running several tests I was recommended to take Synthroid hypothyroidism and Bromocriptine to lower my prolactin. These medications helped me normalize my hormone levels. Only after this step, Dr. Blotner was able to prescribe me with a fertility treatment that fits my needs. My cervix is short, therefore, the doctor was concerned with the possibility of having multiples. That is why he prescribed my the lowest dose of Letrozole and a triggering shot of Ovidrel. Undergoing this treatment you need to have a blood test on the third day of your cycle to get the hormone base. Also, you are advised to return a week after and every other day after that for a blood test + ultrasound to monitor the follicle’s size and the uterine lining. When the timing is right, you are told to administer the triggering shot and return for the IUI. All the testing showed good results with the course of treatment that Dr. Blotner recommended.
All the staff, from Natasha, who always has a smile on her face and makes you feel welcomed and comfortable, to Valerie, Tatiana and Donna the phlebotomist are doing a fantastic job making you feel a part of the “family”.
The clinic has a good location, great staff that always makes you feel comfortable and walks you through the procedures and lifts your spirits . One of the weaknesses would be that the clinic is closed 2 consecutive days and that can interfere with the patient’s cycles.
This is an ongoing process. Therefore, the final cost it is to be determined
White Plains

Dr. Blotner approach is methodical and caring. ... He is very hands on and if his approach is not giving the results he was expecting he is willing to change it up during a cycle. ... Dr Blotner met with you after every ultrasound. If you were in a rush he would call later in the day. Every part of the process was personalized. ... He explains each step and is willing to explain is thought process.
It's small [W'chester Fert & Repro Med] which is great! Everyone there is involved with your treatment. The waiting room gets crowded but nothing compared the clinic we went to in Manhattan. There are no weekend hours . It would have been nice to have one monitoring day be on Saturday or Sunday just so I didn't feel like I had to rush to the train station to get downtown.
Dr. Blotner approach is methodical and caring. He explains each step and is willing to explain is thought process. He is very hands on and if his approach is not giving the results he was expecting he is willing to change it up during a cycle.
Have patients, his approach is not cookie cutter so he might switch things up mid cycle.
During my first cycle we tried chlomid, it wasn't really producing the result we wanted. Dr. Blotner suggested I try menopeur and that supercharged the cycle. That resulted in a chemical pregnancy. The next cycle was just menopeur it actually was disappointing, I think I only produced one or two follicles, he tried adjust the dosage but that didn't do much. (Negative test) My third cycle was a mix of meonopeur and chlomid, that resulted in 4 follicles resulting in one successful pregency. My wife and I really appreciate his ability to adapt treatment.
Everyone is cheering you on. It's an amazing warm environment.
It's small which is great! Everyone there is involved with your treatment. The waiting room gets crowded but nothing compared the clinic we went to in Manhattan. There are no weekend hours . It would have been nice to have one monitoring day be on Saturday or Sunday just so I didn't feel like I had to rush to the train station to get downtown.
I think the actual iui cost $350. That doesn't include the sperm or ultrasounds leading up to it.
White Plains
Most of his staff have been there [at Westchester Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinology] for years, which indicates to me that they enjoy working there and he values his employees. He has a wonderful support staff, embryologist and anesthesiologist. Everyone in the office knows your name and tries to keep everyone's spirits up as fertility is a difficult journey. I was never confused about what my treatment plan was and all medications were ordered for me well in advance of treatment start dates. Paula always knew exactly how much my insurance was going to cover and what I'd be paying out of pocket. Natasha knows that office inside and out and I could send her emails with all sorts of crazy questions and she'd get me an answer quickly. Donna was super efficient and always pleasant. Tatiana was always positive and upbeat. Overall, everyone knew who you were and called you by your first name. Treatment plans, medication orders and financial details were all sorted out well in advance of the start of the cycle so that you didn't have the added stress of last minute issues.
Strengths: Dr. Blotner is incredibly intelligent, has a lot of integrity and a great work ethic. He actually called me from overseas at some point to answer a question I had about medication administration. He sits down with every patient at every visit and goes over new results and the plan from that day forward. On the initial visit he asks everything about prior history and actually slowed me down a few times so he could fully understand what I had already been through. Dr. Blotner found a clotting disorder a previous fertility doctor hadn't found, which required me to be on Lovenox for my entire pregnancy. He also encouraged me to do genetic embryo testing, something my previous fertility specialist didn't think was necessary because I was in my early 30s. I never felt like Dr. Blotner rushed me out of the office, and I truly believe he wanted me to get pregnant and would do everything he could to make it happen safely. Weaknesses: Personally, I do not see this as a weakness, but Dr. Blotner usually speaks very directly and very bluntly, often times using medical terminology, even though most of us don't understand all of it. I never took this as him being insensitive or having poor bedside manner but I see how some could take it that way. After 3 miscarriages with IUI and 21 embryos harvested over 2 egg retrievals, with only 1 embryo genetically normal, Dr. Blotner told me that if the transfer of that 1 embryo didn't work, he didn't feel I should continue with egg retrievals. He felt I would be wasting money and exposing myself to too many injectable hormones with most likely continued failed attempts and heartbreak. Although very difficult to hear at the time (I cried for an entire day), I appreciated the honesty and practicality of the message.
Every person's infertility journey is different. Ask questions. Be upfront when you don't understand something. Trust your instincts. If you don't feel comfortable with the plan he's explaining tell him and he will either explain the reasons or adjust it for you. If something is still bothering you rely on his staff. Natasha will answer any email you send her way. Paula will be on top of any financial questions you have. Donna will put a smile on your face if you're feeling down and Tatiana is always upbeat and positive. Dr. Blotner is a tremendous physician and an expert in his field. He's got a great team behind him so utilize all of them to help you get through the process.
Everyone in the office always greeted me with a smile and called knew me by my first name. Dr. Blotner saw every patient during every visit. He would review my chart and new blood work and US findings with me and come up with a truly personalized treatment plan. I never felt rushed. I never felt like I had stupid questions. I also never felt like I was being given a cookie cutter treatment plan. Sometimes Dr. Blotner would change medications, dosages or the overall plan mid-cycle based on my body's response. I really appreciated the personalized approach and felt I had the best odds of conceiving with that type of treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Westchester Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinology. (Assigned nurse: Natasha)
Most of his staff have been there for years, which indicates to me that they enjoy working there and he values his employees. He has a wonderful support staff, embryologist and anesthesiologist. Everyone in the office knows your name and tries to keep everyone's spirits up as fertility is a difficult journey. I was never confused about what my treatment plan was and all medications were ordered for me well in advance of treatment start dates. Paula always knew exactly how much my insurance was going to cover and what I'd be paying out of pocket. Natasha knows that office inside and out and I could send her emails with all sorts of crazy questions and she'd get me an answer quickly. Donna was super efficient and always pleasant. Tatiana was always positive and upbeat. Overall, everyone knew who you were and called you by your first name. Treatment plans, medication orders and financial details were all sorted out well in advance of the start of the cycle so that you didn't have the added stress of last minute issues.
Easily accessible location. Even if the parking lot is full, there is usually plenty of street parking. Mornings are busy but usually they are very efficient at moving people through the process. If you can wait until 9 to go it's usually less crowded and moves faster. All procedures done on site which is convenient.
Probably around $30,000 out of pocket for all costs, which included 3 IUIs, all medications, donor sperm, 2 egg retrievals, genetic testing, 1 embryo transfer, all monitoring.
Since we elected to do the genetic testing of the embryos, Dr. Blotner did not feel it necessary, based on data, that we transfer more than 1 embryo at a time. We only had 1 viable embryo with my eggs so it was never an issue but that was his initial recommendation.

2006 - 2016, Successful
Dr. Blotner's staff consists of one doctor, himself, one secretary, one financial adviser, one cycle coordinator, one nurse and one ultrasound technician. Because of the low staff, everyone is on a first name basis, and the patient always knows who they are communicating with. Dr. Blotner himself is always personally available should one need him...Dr. Blotner is extremely warm and caring. I've never felt rushed, quite the opposite-I've found him to be more than willing to take as much time as needed-even when I've requested to see him during a non-scheduled appointment time, such as a blood work day.
The small staff [at W'chester Fert & Repro Endo] is what really makes this clinic awesome-it's like a family. Everyone knows everyone's name, they know all about you, they make you feel comfortable...Monitoring is everyday from 8am-10am. The nurse will come early around 7, and ultrasound begins around 7:30. Sometimes either party is late, but they are reliably able to start at 8. The waiting room can get full, but not out the door full...The nurse coordinator has a small requirement-just going over paperwork, signing, the main communicator for order meds and scheduling appointments. Because the office is so small, Dr. Blotner really is the coordinator himself, compared to what others see in other offices.
He sometimes forgets little details-such as where you live, or what your occupation is, but medically, he is top notch.
I don't remember the type of protocol used-for my IUIs and IVF I needed low stim. For my transfers I've done a Lupron protocol. I never got pregnant off of clomid, or the 3 IUIs, but my one IVF was incredibly successful: 18 retrieved, 15 fertilized, 1 fresh for a fresh transfer and 5 frozen. Of the frozen, 2 have been used as frozen ESET, both resulted in pregnancy, but the second FET was a miscarriage due to an empty gestational sac. When we did our first IVF in 2008, no one was doing genetic testing on the embryos unless there was a known condition. I have 3 remaining frozen embryos.
The nurse coordinator has a small requirement-just going over paperwork, signing, the main communicator for order meds and scheduling appointments. Because the office is so small, Dr. Blotner really is the coordinator himself, compared to what others see in other offices. At the consult, he plans out all the drugs, all the procedures and the time table. When I've had questions about my cycles, all questions are given to him, and then I'll receive my answer either from him or from the nurse. When there is a problem, I can speak to him directly, or the nurse can relay the message.
The small staff is what really makes this clinic awesome-it's like a family. Everyone knows everyone's name, they know all about you, they make you feel comfortable.
$500 for IUI procedure, $1200 for medications...
What specific things went wrong at Westchester Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinology?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Westchester Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinology.
Twice, when my HCG had been rising appropriately, I requested a call back for my own peace of mind. I did not get a call, which was not typical, so I assumed that it was busy, and my numbers must have been fine, which ended up being true. When I had the miscarriage, I wanted to know how my HCG was coming down-one time they also didn't call-the numbers didn't matter at that point, because I already knew I was coming in the next week to continue to monitor the levels coming down. Neither time, have these lack of call backs had any consequences.

2014 - 2016, Unknown Success
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Because this is a small clinic, Dr. Blotner wants everyone on the same cycle. A cycle would start the month prior with estrogen and progesterone pills in lieu of birth control pills (because I get migraines on bc pills), with some Lupron at the end to ensure I menstruated at the target time of the month. I'd go in on day 3 and start stimulation meds. For me, I also used human growth hormone on some cycles to improve egg quality. I had good response to the stimulation meds and we'd start low and not necessarily raise the quantity. On different cycles we used different combinations: Follistim, Ganirelix, Menopur, etc. I'm sorry, I did it so many times, I don't remember the details.
It's a small clinic [Westchester Fertility and Reproductive Endocrinology], where there is only one doctor and you'll meet every staff member. Even if the doctor forgets your name periodically, the rest of the staff will know you personally and make you feel welcome. The personal touch is really important for something as emotional as this.... A full out-of-pocket cycle with medication, including my husband's ICSI retrieval and embryo fertilization, cost about $22K. We were covered by insurance for some or part of some cycles, so not every cycle cost that much. When embryos failed genetic testing (another $2200) and we canceled the transfer, we were able to apply that credit towards a future cycle.
Dr. Blotner has an absent-minded-professor air, and I joked that he seemed not to remember me each time I saw him, but I still found him caring and very careful to craft a protocol specific to my circumstance. My first cycle was off-putting because I didn't know anything and he seemed surprised at this, but later I realized that most people do go through multiple cycles and know the ropes and don't need the same explanations that a first-timer craves. Once I was more experienced, I appreciated that Dr. Blotner was spending his energy trying to solve our problems and give us the best possible outcomes.
Don't expect Dr. Blotner to explain the basics of IVF to a first-timer. He's not very good at that. If you're past that first time, he will treat you like an investigative partner into the mystery of what you need to conceive.
Although Dr. Blotner has a somewhat gruff demeanor, he truly cared and wanted our success as much as we did. He expressed frustration at our failures and encouragement at our continued attempts. He gave us a discount when our insurance denied our claims. The thing that stands out the most is that when we failed with donor eggs, he connected us with a couple willing to donate embryos, above and beyond what he needed to do.
They all had their strengths and were friendly and warm. Donna was the best at drawing blood and keeping a sense of humor. A new person had started during my last cycle, I forgot her name. She was less skilled but nice. Natasha was really more of a physician's assistant, but she was very friendly and followed up with me with all my questions. Val the ultrasound tech was kind and efficient.
It's a small clinic, where there is only one doctor and you'll meet every staff member. Even if the doctor forgets your name periodically, the rest of the staff will know you personally and make you feel welcome. The personal touch is really important for something as emotional as this.
Monitoring was first-come, first-served in the morning. Officially the clinic opened at 7:30am, but Donna the nurse would come at 7am and we all knew that. The women who needed to commute to Manhattan would arrive at 6:30am to be at the front of the line before Donna arrived. The ultrasound tech would arrive at 7:30, and that's what took the longest. The doctor would arrive closer to 8am, which meant I sometimes skipped seeing him in order to make my train to Manhattan.
This was something we discussed the first time, before we knew what to expect, and our wishes were not to transfer more than two at once. However, as it happened, we never had more than two in any given cycle. I think Dr. Blotner would have been open to transferring more if we had wanted that.
Over 9 cycles (7 with my own eggs), some things did go wrong. I had to bug Natasha to call in a prescription a couple times after the doctor forgot. And on one pregnancy test day, the doctor was in surgery and forgot to call with results, so I had to call the clinic to ask for the results.
White Plains

where do i start, from the beginning to end he [Dr. Blotner] has always had an option on how to progress forward, he was able to gibe my husband and I a family, and there was always hope and love that he endured, he was so compassionate on every obstacle and would consider every option he is the best doctor i could of ever had and basically love like a family member! He is the absolute best...He and the staff treated me like a member of their family never felt like a number it was so much more then a human like on another level of love that a practice can endure
He [Dr. Blotner] and the staff treated me like a member of their family never felt like a number it was so much more then a human like on another level of love that a practice can endure...my [nursing] Ladies took such great care of me, they really know how to work hard and get the job done! i was so pleased every time i saw them they really made you feel welcome and understood everything that you are going through! they also showed love and compassion i wouldn't have got through this without them
where do i start, from the beginning to end he has always had an option on how to progress forward, he was able to gibe my husband and I a family, and there was always hope and love that he endured, he was so compassionate on every obstacle and would consider every option he is the best doctor i could of ever had and basically love like a family member! He is the absolute best
have faith and patience know that whatever plan he has with you will work out!
started with blood work and a consultation on testing everything under the sun, then was able to proceed on finding a pollup on my tube which was removed by Dr. Blotner, after this was done we started on trials of biopsys and a round of clomid to follow with IUI's, after a 4 failed IUI's we decided to proceed with IVF with basically a year of medicine and injections with a class in house i was able to follow and give my injections at home, resulting to an egg retrieval of 16 eggs where we were able to get 7 grade A advanced eggs we were all set for transfer, after the transfer i waited long two weeks of me life too where he (Dr. Blotner) personally called to let me know that i was pregnant we shared an amazing tearful phone conversation where he was so proud of my steps towards this and was so happy for me. Here's to our next journey!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Westchester Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinology. (Assigned nurse: Donna, Natasha,& Michele My ladies )
my Ladies took such great care of me, they really know how to work hard and get the job done! i was so pleased every time i saw them they really made you feel welcome and understood everything that you are going through! they also showed love and compassion i wouldn't have got through this without them
in every aspect of this practice there is always strengths and always team work, no weakness!!!!! there wasn't any room for it
i had amazing insurance that paid for the entire procedure!
we believed that since they felt i was still young and my eggs were Grade A, they felt that i would end up with twins, which they did give us the decision, which we felt at this moment twins would be two much so we are happy with the single embyro transfer, no pressure was ever an issue when it came to this

2014 - 2015, Successful
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
After a failed embryo transfer Dr. Blotner added a uterine scraping and 2 doses of neupogen to my cycle to help create more blood flow to my uterus to increase chances of implantation. It worked!!!... Dr. Blotner is a straight shooter, and was very blunt and honest with me about my diagnosis and prognosis...He developed treatment plans based upon my wishes, and with my input. He assessed my comfortability all along the way. Dr. Blotner exudes knowledge and confidence, which is so important in such a highly emotionally charged situation, at times when the patient is at their most vulnerable.
Everyone [at Westchester Fertility and Reproductive Endocrinology] was so wonderful, between the compassion for failed cycles, the support during the in between waiting times, the encouragement, and the genuine elation when we achieved the pregnancy. I never had issue communicating with staff; my primary care coordinator was always available, if not by phone then by email.
I chose Dr. Blotner after having interviewed 4 other REs. What drew me to him was the fact that he did not sugarcoat my fertility issues, now did he try to encourage me to make decisions I was not wholly comfortable with. He explained things clearly, in a manner in which I could easily understand them. He developed treatment plans based upon my wishes, and with my input. He assessed my comfortability all along the way. Dr. Blotner exudes knowledge and confidence, which is so important in such a highly emotionally charged situation, at times when the patient is at their most vulnerable. What I also really respected about him was that if a cycle was not successful he did not just try the same thing again. He reevaluated the cycle and thought of what could be adjusted to enhance the chance for success. His approach, rather than the cookie cutter approach used by the former clinic I was working with, was so refreshing and reassuring. I have read criticisms of Dr. Blotner and His questionable bedside manner. I respected his bluntness, and appreciated that he was consistently honest with me. I can understand that some people may not be as receptive to this as I was, but it was most probably my favorite of his many great attributes.
Be prepared for honesty.
I met with Dr. Blotner after having been in the care of a large fertility organization with no success. Dr. Blotner is a straight shooter, and was very blunt and honest with me about my diagnosis and prognosis. He was also confident that he would help me have a child. Because of his confidence I never doubted that I would become a mom, no matter how many negative pregnancy results came back. That same confidence made it possible for me to get out of bed every day, kept my husband and I able to plan for our future family, and prevented me from succumbing to the depressive tendencies and emotional turmoil struggling with infertility comes with. Dr. Blotner always treated me with compassion and respect. He is a supreme professional.
Everyone was so wonderful, between the compassion for failed cycles, the support during the in between waiting times, the encouragement, and the genuine elation when we achieved the pregnancy. I never had issue communicating with staff; my primary care coordinator was always available, if not by phone then by email.
The office is small, so during the clinics scheduled IVF periods you may have nowhere to sit. Every one of the nursing staff is attentive, caring and courteous. If you have questions ask them, but be prepared to receive honest answers.
Upwards of $55000
I had a failed multiple embryo transfer, but success with a single transfer. I requested the double transfer, and Dr. Blotner explained the risks associated with multiples.

2017 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Blotner is truly amazing. With 30+ years under his belt I never doubt what he tells me- although I do ask a million questions, which he answers without hesitation. I place my confidence in his knowledge and always leave knowing I'm in the best hands...I was advised in my situation a single transfer would suffice as the goal was a healthy pregnancy not multiple pregnancies...believe had I really wanted multiple embryos transferred he would have consulted me for such.
staff [at Westchester Fertility and Reproductive Endocrinology] are ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL. The staff is friendly, supportive and professional, always making me feel welcomed...Prior to being a patient here I went to another facility and the two are like night and day. I would (and have) highly recommend Westchester Fertility to anyone who needs it...They [nurses] make me feel at home and set the tone for the office. Furthermore, they are all very experienced and knowledgable at their profession. I love the staff!!
Follow his directions, he knows his profession.
The staff and Dr. Blotner are so kind and friendly. They answer all your questions and concerns and never make you feel silly for asking. Their care and concern is heartwarming
The entire staff is so friendly and kind. They make me feel at home and set the tone for the office. Furthermore, they are all very experienced and knowledgable at their profession. I love the staff!!
Dr. Blotner and his staff are ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL. The staff is friendly, supportive and professional, always making me feel welcomed. Dr. Blotner is extremely knowledgeable in his profession and it's evident in his work. My son is proof! Dr. Blotner is very honest, hardworking and dedicated to his patients. He is very approachable too, he never gets tired of my unending questions. Prior to being a patient here I went to another facility and the two are like night and day. I would (and have) highly recommend Westchester Fertility to anyone who needs it. Good luck!!
After insurance copays, about $5000.
I was advised in my situation a single transfer would suffice as the goal was a healthy pregnancy not multiple pregnancies. However each person's scenario is different. I also believe had I really wanted multiple embryos transferred he would have consulted me for such.

2020 - 2021, Successful
[Dr. Michael Blotner] Made us feel very comfortable and safe during the whole process. Explain each medication and it’s function and made sure you knew the protocol you were going through and what is the best next steps to take!...Follow the process! He will work with you and genuinely listen to your concerns...we went for a single embryo transfer as due to my size more wouldn’t be preferable for me...Made me and my husband feel a part of the team. Told us the information directly with no surprises. Very clear!
The nurse team [at Westchester Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinology] was great. Really cared about me and my situation. Not only made me feel comfortable but my husband as well...[monitoring] was on time process and they were nice and thoughtful!...They really care about their patients and want you to succeed! Ask questions they are there to help you! A weakness is that there is a lot of patients in the early morning before work so get in early if you can.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Westchester Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinology. (Assigned nurse: Natasha )
The nurse team was great. Really cared about me and my situation. Not only made me feel comfortable but my husband as well.
It was on time process and they were nice and thoughtful!
3,000 as my medical deductible and 4,000 for sperm and genetic testing
Yes, we went for a single embryo transfer as due to my size more wouldn’t be preferable for me.

2019 - 2021, Successful
He [Dr. Michael Blotner] a good communicators and listen to his patients. He honest and care about his patients . I was scared and felt embarrassed. However, once I arrived from the front desk to everyone one of us staffs are caring and look out for your best interest and that is what I enjoy the most...Dr. Explain everything to you in detail
I really have nothing negative to say [about Westchester Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinology]. Maybe a bigger office space . Dr. Explain everything to you in detail. His staff is very knowledgeable about the work too...The [nurses] communicate with you to make you feel comfortable. Just having regular conversation
He a good communicators and listen to his patients. He honest and care about his patients . I was scared and felt embarrassed. However, once I arrived from the front desk to everyone one of us staffs are caring and look out for your best interest and that is what I enjoy the most
Be honest and listen to him . He is Know what he is good . And he changed life
He listens and answer all my questions. His worker make you feel comfortable and not a shame of your Infertility issue.
The communicate with you to make you feel comfortable. Just having regular conversation
Good listener , great commentary, very knowledgeable. I really have nothing negative to say . Maybe a bigger office space . Dr. Explain everything to you in detail. His staff is very knowledgeable about the work too. I’m not sure what I would say is negative. Maybe a bigger office space
The cost of IVF is $15,000 to $20,000
None
White Plains
[Dr. Michael Blotner] kept us fully up to date with every step promptly. We always felt like he knew us as a patient and couple . He explained what he was doing and why . He showed us dedication and professionalism...support and friendliness...Every one who works at Dr. Blotner’s is amazing. Natasha , Tatiana , Marybeth , Donna , and Paula all had a hand in making our experience great...Go in expecting a wait this way you do not stress out .
Every one who works at Dr. Blotner’s [Westchester Fertility and Reproductive Endocrinology] is amazing. Natasha , Tatiana , Marybeth , Donna , and Paula all had a hand in making our experience great...[monitoring appointments are] Mostly first come first serve...Strengths - knowledgeable and warm staff that tries to help in every way . The office is spotless and inviting . Sometimes there’s a wait in the early morning for blood work so leave extra time . Go in expecting a wait this way you do not stress out .
Dr . Blotner kept us fully up to date with every step promptly. We always felt like he knew us as a patient and couple . He explained what he was doing and why . He showed us dedication and professionalism.
Stay positive! There will be days or results you are not happy with but that’s no one to blame .
Staff connections , support and friendliness.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Westchester Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinology. (Assigned nurse: Tatiana)
Every one who works at Dr. Blotner’s is amazing. Natasha , Tatiana , Marybeth , Donna , and Paula all had a hand in making our experience great .
Mostly first come first serve
Insurance covered most but we paid about $3000 for testing / genetics / co pays
White Plains
The whole clinic staff [at Westchester Fertility and Reproductive Endocrinology] is wonderful and caring. There are very well organized and professional...All the nursing staff was completely respectful. Was always available to answer all questions I had. Never made me feel uncomfortable. Always helpful when i needed to reorder meds, ran out meds or just needed to talk...I never felt rushed, he [Dr. Michael Blotner] answered ALL my questions, returned all calls no matter the time or if he was on vacation in another country! i always felt like i was he only patient...always made me feel comfortable asking any and all questions. He answered all questions in a way that I was able to understand them. He never made me feel like I was just another check or chart.
Dr Blotner always made me feel comfortable asking any and all questions. He answered all questions in a way that I was able to understand them. He never made me feel like I was just another check or chart.
Always bring a note book to write down notes and procedures. Its also a good place to keep everything together
I never felt rushed, he answered ALL my questions, returned all calls no matter the time or if he was on vacation in another country! i always felt like i was he only patient
The whole clinic staff is wonderful and caring. There are very well organized and professional
White Plains

He [Dr. Blotner] is an honest doctor. He went over the steps, procedures, tests, and results personally with us. I appreciated him calling us himself with each pregnancy beta result to tell us if it was successful or not. When needed he switched up medication doses and small changes. I felt he really took our situation as it's own and treated it that way...
The nursing team and practice coordinator [at Westchester Fertility & Reporductive Endocrinology] are amazing. They are compassionate and knowledgeable...I had no problems with monitoring hours. It was by appt and i felt scheduling was easy and the office was understanding and flexible if something came up and needed a quick change or running late to make it there...
Choosing Dr.Blotner as our fertility doctor was the best decision my husband and I could've made. He is an honest doctor. He went over the steps, procedures, tests, and results personally with us. I appreciated him calling us himself with each pregnancy beta result to tell us if it was successful or not. When needed he switched up medication doses and small changes. I felt he really took our situation as it's own and treated it that way.
Ask questions
At Dr.Blotner's office from my first visit I right away felt like I was being treated like a person not a number. There's one doctor, Dr.Blotner, and he was available to talk to when needed, either I saw him after each ultrasound to discuss what was going on and what would happen next, or he would call later that day. Walking in and checking in they are very welcoming. If I had any concerns and I needed to speak with someone I was helped with insurance, pharmacy, or medication questions I truly felt cared for during all treatment steps.
Our treatment started with tests that led us to doing IUI. I used clomid and had a good outcome using it and no bad side effects. Before the IUI procedure I did a trigger shot. After the procedure I did progesterone inserts until knowing if it was successful or not. I stopped the progesterone once finding out it was unsuccessful. We did three IUIs. Although we did not get a successful pregnancy from IUI the medication and procedure went smoothly without complications. We then moved onto IVF. I started birth control and used it for a few weeks. Next came ultrasounds and bloodwork every other day along with stimulation injections to produce a good amount of high quality eggs. Before the egg retrieval I did a trigger shot. We chose to do a fresh transfer. After the retreival I started progesterone inserts since I did a fresh transfer. We transfered 2 embryos on day 5. Dr.Blotner and the embryologist felt transfering both eggs gave us our best chance of having success (they were right). After the transfer I continued with the progesterone inserts and then also used estrogen patches. A few days later I did blood work to check progesterone levels to make sure they were high enough to support a pregnancy. After that bloodwork Dr Blotner had me also do a progesterone injection. The next week I went in for my beta levels and later that day Dr Blotner called to tell me I was pregnant! I continued with the patches, inserts, and injections for a few weeks and then weaned off.
The nursing team and practice coordinator are amazing. They are compassionate and knowledgeable. Natasha is there when you walk in with a smile, Donna who does the bloodwork is awesome, Tatiana who assisted Dr Blotner and goes over injections and medications is great, Valerie did the ultrasounds and was nice. There are other ladies in the office I also saw at times checking in or asking about billing and talked with and were friendly and nice too.
This clinic is top notch. The office is very clean and has all the equipment there to do the procedures. The entire staff is knowledgeable and compassionate. It's a small clinic and you get treated with respect and care.
I had no problems with monitoring hours. It was by appt and i felt scheduling was easy and the office was understanding and flexible if something came up and needed a quick change or running late to make it there (it does happen).
We have insurance and fertility treatmenr is covered so we paid for copays which were $40 and medications were roughly between $5-$25. Insurance didn'f cover one thing for my husband and that was about $300 out if pocket.

2015 - 2019, Successful
He [Dr. Blotner] listens, was so compassionate and had a different approach when problems did arise. My body did not respond to any sort of pills so he immediately decided to switch to injectables as soon as the lab results came in. He also put me on progesterone which was something I had been fighting my previous GYN about doing...He is honest, he will not give up on you, if he feels you are capable of getting pregnant, he will do everything in his power to help you. He is also honest if he feels he cannot help you he will tell you that not just take your money. Although that might be hard to hear, he will also do everything to seek any route to help you conceive.
Westchester Fertility is amazing at what they do. They are up to date on the latest medications and procedures. The wait times can be rough sometimes but that is only because they are so thorough and don’t treat you like a number...They genuinely care for everyone that walks through that door and follow up with everyone years later...The nurses there are thorough and compassionate. They take the time to make sure you understand everything. They answer a million phone calls a day, emails, whatever way you need to get answers. If it wasn’t for the nurses I don’t think I would’ve been able to get through the chemical pregnancy and try again.
Dr. Blotner is the only person I would ever trust with my fertility. He listens, was so compassionate and had a different approach when problems did arise. My body did not respond to any sort of pills so he immediately decided to switch to injectables as soon as the lab results came in. He also put me on progesterone which was something I had been fighting my previous GYN about doing.
Dr. Blotner took a ton of time to listen to my every concern. I was 28 when I first went to see him and my other doctors all refused to listen to fact I knew I was not ovulating on my own. He also listened to every concern I had regarding pain before and after my pregnancy. I had 2 surgeries with him after my pregnancies because he was the only one I trusted with my future fertility options.
Originally he suspected endometriosis because of my description of pain and lack of ovulation. (Home kits were always negative). We discussed surgery but I was working full time and did not want to go that route. I was placed on clomid. After he saw the lab results were telling him that my body was not responding he presented the idea of IUI instead of the timed intercourse originally planned. The first IUI failed but I had also just come off of depo provera and I believe that was the reason it failed. The second cycle we did menopur injections, ganirelex, and ovidrel followed by progesterone suppositories. At this point the depo provera was out of my system a full 18 months.Despite only 2 follicles my 3 1/2 year old son is here from that IUI. I went back in hopes of giving him a sibling. I had breastfeed and my periods were irregular. We did the same cycle of injections again but this time, timed intercourse only because I was going on vacation. I had a chemical pregnancy. I was ready to give up but Dr. Blotner said let’s do this again one more time but with IUI again. My twin 1 1/2 year old boys were the result. And I thank him for pushing me not to give up.
The nurses there are thorough and compassionate. They take the time to make sure you understand everything. They answer a million phone calls a day, emails, whatever way you need to get answers. If it wasn’t for the nurses I don’t think I would’ve been able to get through the chemical pregnancy and try again. The ultrasound tech knew how much I wanted twins my first pregnancy which had been a 1 1/2 later that I went back for my second pregnancy. Originally they only found 1 heart beat and 1 yolk sac. They did not think I would have twins. So when she did my scan and found the second heart beat, I started to cry and she cried with me. That is not something you find very often from other staff anywhere else.
Westchester Fertility is amazing at what they do. They are up to date on the latest medications and procedures. The wait times can be rough sometimes but that is only because they are so thorough and don’t treat you like a number. They are in this business to help people not take your money. They genuinely care for everyone that walks through that door and follow up with everyone years later. I look at my boys everyday and thank them in my heart for being there for me during the hardest time of my life. Blotner listens and took time out of his schedule to not do 1 but 2 surgeries for me to get me out of pain. Which is something none of my other Doctors would do. He preserved my fertility for the future. The gifts that Westchester Fertility have given me are beyond words.
I was lucky that I had fertility insurance. I did end up using all $10,000 of my medication insurance. I used around $4500 of my $20000 life pay out for procedures.
I only did injections with IUI never had to have IVF or transfer
White Plains
Dr. Blotner is an excellent doctor! Since the beginning I realized that he had A LOT of patients but that didn’t stop him from always treating me like the only patient when it was my turn. He is generous with samples to ensure the ensurance process goes through and we have enough meds to get through. ... He was very honest with me and my husband and also a very funny person! He put us at ease when we needed it the most.
The practice [WEsterchester Fertility] is first come, first served on a particular day. The mornings are extremely busy ... The clinic is conveniently located in Whiteplains. It has two levels which allows for seating but feels small when there are cycles going on and couples fill the practice, at the same time it’s a feeling of family and hope when everyone is going through the same thing. ... My favorite person is Donna! She is their phlebotomist.
Dr. Blotner is an excellent doctor! Since the beginning I realized that he had A LOT of patients but that didn’t stop him from always treating me like the only patient when it was my turn. He is generous with samples to ensure the ensurance process goes through and we have enough meds to get through. I loved that he is true to himself, he is a religious man but never puts any of it on his patients, I just observed his mannerism. His personality and believes make him an excellent doctor because during difficult times he gave us some comfort and hope for the next try! He was very honest with me and my husband and also a very funny person! He put us at ease when we needed it the most. I will always be grateful to the man who helped me create a family with just one try at IVF!
Trust him, he knows what he is doing.
I felt like a human because everyone knew my name in the office and the doctor and staff treated my husband and me with kindness but with honesty! We appreciated that!
The entire staff is AMAZING! My favorite person is Donna! She is their phlebotomist. Natasha is the main nurse. The staff is super compassionate and loving, they treat you like family. Natasha can be a little forgetful but she is helpful and generous. Everyone from medical biller to front desk is caring and kind and I wouldn’t change any of them.
The clinic is conveniently located in Whiteplains. It has two levels which allows for seating but feels small when there are cycles going on and couples fill the practice, at the same time it’s a feeling of family and hope when everyone is going through the same thing. Wish they had more parking in the back but there is plenty of street parking available. There is water and coffee and tea available for free. The practice is always clean! The bathroom is always clean.
The practice is first come, first served on a particular day. The mornings are extremely busy, I personally liked the late morning spots like 9:30 am because the initial rush has passed. Sometimes I would arrive by 8 and had to wait 45 mins because there were so many people. I never minded though because I saw the progress... people were going in and I knew soon enough it would be my turn.
My insurance covered 80% of my costs. I believe I spent around $4-5k out of pocket because I chose to test my embryos which was not covered by my insurance.
I elected to test all my embryos and out of 6 I had two excellent ones, Dr. Blotner and my insurance recommended single embryo transfer. Dr. Blotner agreed based on the grade of the embryo and my age and personal health. He also wanted to ensure I had a backup should we need it. He was right! I got pregnant and had my healthy baby from one time- single embryo transfer and still have one frozen!
2015 - 2018, Successful
He [Dr. Michael Blotner] was very detailed and explained everything to us. He never gave up on me when I had 2 miscarriages and wanted to give up. Sometimes he seemed a little but rushed but he was still very compassionate...we started with Clomid and timed intercourse then we went to injectables then finally we did 5 IUIs and had 2 miscarriages with the 5 IUIs...was always available if we had any questions or concerns. He never gave up on me.
my insurance did not cover IVF but I was quoted $18,000-$20,000 [by Westchester Fertility and Reproductive Endocrinology]. They do offer payment plans...The staff and doctor all worked together and I liked that there was only one doctor in the practice. Sometimes parking could be an issue and sometimes there was a wait. It is best to go as soon as they open for bloodwork...Everyone at the office was so kind and compassionate. I felt like family there.
He was very detailed and explained everything to us. He never gave up on me when I had 2 miscarriages and wanted to give up. Sometimes he seemed a little but rushed but he was still very compassionate.
Listen to him and let him know any of your concerns.
He explained everything to my husband and I and was always available if we had any questions or concerns. He never gave up on me.
I remember we started with Clomid and timed intercourse then we went to injectables then finally we did 5 IUIs and had 2 miscarriages with the 5 IUIs. I don't remember dosages or names.
Everyone at the office was so kind and compassionate. I felt like family there.
I just paid copays and paid for my medications. At the time my insurance did not cover IVF but I was quoted $18,000-$20,000. They do offer payment plans.
2006 - 2013, Successful
Dr. Blotner was thorough, warm, compassionate and attentive. He is also a brilliant doctor. He advised me well and performed both a surgery and successful IUI resulting in my first born son...I had bilateral dermoid cysts removed from my ovaries by Dr. Blotner that had never been discovered prior. I used donor sperm so had one IUI cycle with injectibles resulting in a chemical pregnancy. I then had another medicated IUI cycle resulting in my now almost 13 year old son.
[The nurses at Westchester Fertility and Reproductive Endocrinology were] Warm, compassionate, knowledgeable and supportive...I had no insurance coverage for procedures and the office helped by providing some samples of injectables which helped with cost...It is a warm and welcoming environment.i really have nothing else to say in this area. I was pleased. And very comfortable. No problems, issues or concerns. Strengths: many. Weaknesses: none. Just go there knowing you are in a professional and caring place. You are in excellent hands all around.
Dr. Blotner was thorough, warm, compassionate and attentive. He is also a brilliant doctor. He advised me well and performed both a surgery and successful IUI resulting in my first born son. His nurses were very personable and I became very fond of them and even kept in touch after my son was born.
He’s great! Nothing.
He and his staff were compassionate and supportive.
Warm, compassionate, knowledgeable and supportive.
Does not apply to me.