Genetic counseling is not offered: Not Offered
Selling medication is not offered: Not Offered
Providing backup medication is not offered: Not Offered
16260 Ventura Blvd.
Encino, CA 91436
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Western Fertility Institute to a friend?

1 doctor
[Western Fertility Institute's] Weaknesses : Usually we have to call and remind/ask about things. We were not given the option for a "fresh" transfer, as she was on "vacation" ... days/week went by, not a single call from the facility after our egg retrieval. Universally speaking, a smile is freely given, but no so with her... She had difficulty smiling. She usually rushed through instructions... and felt bothered when asked to repeat or explain further.
East Asian, South Asian
Describe your experience with Western Fertility Institute.
Decent facility, with affordable / flexible pricing packages for treatments, Doctor is well knowledgeable, but do alot of your research on your own, and ask questions of different treatment methods as the doctor will not be able to give you all info, and get alot of tests done, so you'll spend your money efficiently. And makesure to interview your nurses to see if they meet your needs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Western Fertility Institute.
What specific things went wrong at Western Fertility Institute?
How was your experience with Ashim Kumar at Western Fertility Institute?
Overall good experience. However, wish if there was either a booklet (or email PDF) was given to us or nurses needs to be trained better to explain/educate steps of the treatment in more details - such as what exactly includes and NOT includes in a treatment, and the benefit of added features ( other tests, procedures, such as PGS, etc). Since it's a large investment ( emotional, physical, & financial), patients cannot afford to repeat with new features/tests. They should have the aggressive attitude of providing ALL necessary info in the first round to avoid regrets lateron.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ashim Kumar at Western Fertility Institute?
Very knowledgeable doctor/specialist/expert, however very busy, so you must do your research and ask plenty of questions to discuss all info you need. he'll provide enough meetings ( free) for your additional concerns/questions.
Ashim Kumar

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Ashim Kumar at Western Fertility Institute.

Honestly, the only downside to the clinic [Western Fertility Institute] was the waiting, but we we're never rushed once we we're seen. Dr. Kumar took the time to take great ultrasound photos (once pregnant). He always answered our questions and before leaving he would double check to make sure we didn't have any last minute thoughts we wanted to go over. The receptionist/nurses/phlebotomist/billing we're all effective communicators and everything was done with the utmost care and respect.
European, Latino
Describe your experience with Western Fertility Institute.
Honestly, the only downside to the clinic was the waiting, but we we're never rushed once we we're seen. Dr. Kumar took the time to take great ultrasound photos (once pregnant). He always answered our questions and before leaving he would double check to make sure we didn't have any last minute thoughts we wanted to go over. The receptionist/nurses/phlebotomist/billing we're all effective communicators and everything was done with the utmost care and respect.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ashim Kumar at Western Fertility Institute?
Dr. Kumar came highly recommended. His office was always full, but I never felt like I was rushed or left feeling uncertain with unanswered questions. He spoke extremely calmly and carefully. I never felt like a question I had was the wrong question. He would always ask me if I understood everything before we would move onto something else. If I didn't understand we would go over things again. He just took to the time to make me feel like I was important and my treatment was important. It was catered to me and my needs. He did all of my ultrasounds and gave me all of my results himself.
I was with Dr. Kumar when he was in an office transition and the level of care never changed. Everyone was always extremely helpful and kind. They knew waiting was not ideal, but would come in and give updates.
How was your experience with Ashim Kumar at Western Fertility Institute?
Dr. Kumar was one of the best doctors myself and my husband have ever worked with. Our initial consultation was extremely thorough and he spent a great deal of time with us. He did all of my ultrasounds and would explain everything he did as he did it. He diagnosed me with PCOS and explained why things weren't working. I asked lots of questions and he never made me feel like I was bothering him or my questions weren't valid. He genuinely takes the time to reassure his patients. I enjoyed working with him so much that I have contimplated flying back to see him for baby #2 (out of state now) . He is so knowledgeable. He caters his treatment to the individual and not just a general basis. I know several people personally who have had success with Dr. Kumar, myself included. I trust his opinion completely and with full confidence. I never once felt like it was about money. I truly felt like he wanted to help grow our family and that was his only motivation.
He's an extremely sought after doctor with a lot of people to see. You will more than likely not see him at your scheduled time. He does his best and never rushes his patients....so this means a wait. It's always worth it.
Describe the protocols Ashim Kumar used in your cycles at Western Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
I was very lucky that my journey with Dr. Kumar wasn't as involved as other women struggling. I started with a round of Clomid and timed intercourse. An initial ultrasound was done to diagnose my PCOS and given my history with no periods/no ovulation he started me on Clomid. Clomid is known to thin the endometrial lining so I was also put on estrogen and progesterone (both taken vaginally). Dr. Kumar explained that he's seen much better absorption and results when the medication was as close to where it needed to be as possible. I took the Clomid for 5 days and then went in for an ultrasound to check my follicle growth, as well as a blood draw for hormone levels. I waited 2 days (per orders) and then gave myself and injection into my abdomen to trigger an ovulation. My husband and I were instructed to have sex on specific days in hopes of catching the egg. After 10 days on the last day of timed intercourse I took a pregnancy test-negative. We tried again with another round of timed intercourse, but instead of Clomid, I used letrozole. Dr. Kumar explained it does the same thing as the Clomid without the major thinning of my lining. I still took estrogen and progesterone. This round worked! I became pregnant with my daughter. My lining was the same thickness level with Clomid and Letrozole, interestingly enough. My stress levels and pressure on myself was way better for my second round.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ashim Kumar at Western Fertility Institute.
My insurance at the time covered 50% but it was still expensive for all ultrasounds/lab work/diagnostic work and then they covered 90% once I was officially pregnant. That being said, I expected to spend anywhere from $200-400 every time I went into the office. The initial consultation was $300 and that included an hour of conversation/history followed by blood work/ultrasound.
Describe Ashim Kumar's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Western Fertility Institute.
I never got this far with Dr. Kumar

2014 - 2017
My nurse [at Western Fertility Institute] gave me her cell phone number to call if I needed anything even when she was going out of town! She always made sure I was good and taken care of...Clean, organized, friendly always saw a range of people all happy. They made sure things were kept private and made sure environment was good! Rosie at the front desk is such a friendly face to see and call each time!
2014 - 2017
Describe your experience with Western Fertility Institute.
I felt human because we became like family he was invested into my journey and cared about us! He was sad when we were and happy when we were.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Western Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Quiana )
My nurse gave me her cell phone number to call if I needed anything even when she was going out of town! She always made sure I was good and taken care of.
How was your experience with Ashim Kumar at Western Fertility Institute?
Dr. Kumar is simply amazing he sits with you as long as needed to discuss and makes sure you understand. His bedside manner is wonderful and you leave feeling accomplished and wonderful about where things are going.
This office treats their patients like family and you will truly miss them once your parents!