Genetic counseling is not offered: Not Offered
Providing backup medication is not offered: Not Offered
3030 Westchester Avenue
Purchase, NY 10577
914-607-6270
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend WestMed Medical Group to a friend?

2 doctors
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
nursing staff [at WestMed] is really good. The nurse that works with him on a regular basis is Lauren she is amazing. He also has the best Physicians Assistant, Teresa. Teresa is amazing because she is incredibly compassionate and she really just wants to make the experience better for you...There was a great deal of monitoring appointments to say the least. I went in for monitoring usually Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. The appointments were early morning 7 am-8:30am. There would be an ultrasound and blood work. There were times that the appointments did run a little late but otherwise it was good.
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
Describe your experience with WestMed Medical Group.
Westmed is a great clinic. I went to the one located in Purchase, NY to see Dr. Keltz. The offices are located on the second floor and the lab on the first so it is convenient. It is clean, nice, organized, and has a happy appearance. The serve morning snacks on Saturday which I found nice. There is a great deal of parking and some even "covered parking" which is nice.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Martin Keltz at WestMed Medical Group?
Dr. Keltz sees a great deal of patients and at times would forget exactly what our plans were and would ask me. I understood that he was busy but I didn't appreciate it. However, he was really sweet and took the time to explain anything I asked him and he made me feel like I was going to get my baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at WestMed Medical Group. (Assigned nurse: Lauren)
His nursing staff is really good. The nurse that works with him on a regular basis is Lauren she is amazing. He also has the best Physicians Assistant, Teresa. Teresa is amazing because she is incredibly compassionate and she really just wants to make the experience better for you.
How was your experience with Martin Keltz at WestMed Medical Group?
Dr. Keltz is a character at times he is a little different but I enjoyed working with him immensely. If you need someone to hold your hand throughout the process, you may need to speak up and say that to him because sometimes he will not. He is brilliant and he really knows what he is talking about. At times you may wonder, "Hey how does he know that, no one knows that." Yet he does. He is caring and compassionate and I will go back to him again in the future for fertility.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Martin Keltz at WestMed Medical Group?
If you have a question, ask. If you are not sure about something, ask. If you do not feel comfortable with something - say something. Also, trust him. He is incredibly intelligent and knows what he is talking about and doing.
Describe the protocols Martin Keltz used in your cycles at WestMed Medical Group and their degree of success.
He first diagnosed me with endometriosis. I did surgery and after my recovery we tried clomid. However, I only produced 1 egg on one side and we found out that my husband had low motility and something else. IUI didn't look good and Dr. Keltz recommended we do IVF. I was on fertility medications and taking different shots, then we did an egg retrieval and got 9 eggs, 6 were mature, and 2 where fertilized. At day 5 we only had one, but much to our surprise days later out other one made it.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at WestMed Medical Group.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Martin Keltz at WestMed Medical Group.
IUI was covered under my insurance. I believe it costs around $600. As for IVF -- My prescriptions were only covered up to 5000, which was not enough. I paid another 3600+1800=5400 for prescriptions. If your speciality pharmacy is charging you a great deal, shop around. The PA Teresa will help you if you just speak to her. She saved us about $4000 in prescription costs. Then my insurance did cover the IVF. I did a fresh transfer. I believe the calculated cost was somewhere between 10000-13000. We did genetic testing on the embryo that took a little longer to make it, which was another $3000 for the biopsy and then about $700 for the test. Then the housing of the embryo cost us $1400 for the first year and then about 1000 for every year after that. So for us, the cost of IVF was 10500. However, keep in mind that is not considering all of our doctor visits. We did monitoring 3 times a week and a visit costs about $300 each time. We had reached our out of pocket maximum at this time so we paid nothing for the visits.
Describe Martin Keltz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at WestMed Medical Group.
He liked to do a single embryo transfer even though I wanted a multiple embryo transfer. He did not recommend it and was highly against it because he thought a single transfer would be better for me.
Westchester

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Martin Keltz at WestMed Medical Group.

1 Egg Freezing, IVF
The practice [WestMed] is part of a large medical group so it is often difficult to bypass the automated messaging service....Dr Greene practices together with a more senior RE, Martin Keltz. If one of the doctors is unavailable, you may be scheduled to see the other, especially when cycling appointments are frequent during and IVF cycle....The IVF Coordinator, Teresa Berardi, is extremely knowledgeable and very thorough. My husband and I have had 2 medication tutorials
1 Egg Freezing, IVF
Describe your experience with WestMed Medical Group.
Dr Greene practices together with a more senior RE, Martin Keltz. If one of the doctors is unavailable, you may be scheduled to see the other, especially when cycling appointments are frequent during and IVF cycle. I truly appreciate Dr Keltz’s experience, but do found him to be very blunt and dismissive, which can sometimes be upsetting during this emotional process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alexis Greene at WestMed Medical Group?
The practice is part of a large medical group so it is often difficult to bypass the automated messaging service. Dr. Greene was truly concerned about my OHSS following egg retrieval and gave me her personal cell phone in order to contact her if needed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at WestMed Medical Group. (Assigned nurse: Teresa Berardi)
The IVF Coordinator, Teresa Berardi, is extremely knowledgeable and very thorough. My husband and I have had 2 medication tutorials with her for retrieval and transfer and she is the best! I also primarily deal with Greene’s nurse, Jennifer. Jennifer is very communicative by phone and email, and I really enjoy interacting with her whenever I’m at the office (which is often!).
What specific things went wrong at WestMed Medical Group?
How was your experience with Alexis Greene at WestMed Medical Group?
Dr. Greene is young, intelligent, and extremely personable. I trust her cutting edge knowledge in ART and appreciate her ability to speak to me clearly about what our treatment plan will entail. I am currently having some issues getting my lining to be where it needs to be for our first frozen transfer and I fully trust Dr. Greene’s ability to change course and try different forms of medicine to create the best environment for our transfer.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alexis Greene at WestMed Medical Group?
To ask as many questions as they want! Dr Greene is extremely engaging when it comes to communicating with both me and my husband, and is always willing to clarify, explain, and discuss our concerns.
Describe the protocols Alexis Greene used in your cycles at WestMed Medical Group and their degree of success.
I first tried a few clomid cycles to try and overcome my pcos and to pinpoint left-ovary ovulation (I lost a tube to an ectopic pregnancy)— I was started on a very low dose which seemed to work well, but did not result in a pregnancy . However, the second cycle I had no response, and appreciated Dr. Greene’s suggestion to take another round of Clomid immediately. When that second cycle of pills still did not cause any follicles to grow, she immediately upped my dosage and I was able to continue with the cycle without canceling and starting over. After 3 failed clomid cycles (I only ever ovulated on my tubeless side), we started IVF. Dr. Greene was very informative about what to expect and was very supportive of PGS testing our embryos. She was also very cautious about handling my pcos and placed me on a very low protocol. In order to ward of any serious OHSS, I triggered with Lupron, was given Cabergoline, and even took several Cetrotide shots following retrieval. I was very pleased with how thorough she was with making sure to avoid any serious OHSS!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alexis Greene at WestMed Medical Group.
Each visit is generally billed for 3 services, Ultrasound, doctor visit, and lab work, totaling approximately $400-600 per visit. We have an IVF maximum benefit with our insurance, so it’s easy to eat up that amount if you require a lot of monitoring.
Describe Alexis Greene's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at WestMed Medical Group.
Dr Greene will only transfer a single PGS normal embryo, given my age. This seems to be standard among REs and I am supportive of this practice!
Westchester

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Alexis Greene at WestMed Medical Group.

The staff [WestMed] is great all around - they have on-side nurses, but also have on-site financing coordinators etc. - all of whom are very responsive and friendly.... I really like the clinic - everyone is very nice there, very responsive, and very informative. I have found the ultrasound technicians, in particular, to be extremely sweet - they really help to make me feel comfortable. They have a NP who sometimes handles the appointments and also handles the medication "seminars" to teach us how to do the medications. They're all great.
Describe your experience with WestMed Medical Group.
Dr. Greene was extremely warm, spoke plainly and was always available to answer questions. She always remembered me and I never felt like just a number or like she had to consult my chart to answer my questions (or remember things about me).
The staff is great all around - they have on-side nurses, but also have on-site financing coordinators etc. - all of whom are very responsive and friendly.
How was your experience with Alexis Greene at WestMed Medical Group?
I really like Dr. Greene a lot. While IUI wasn't successful, she was very clear that the chances of success were not as high as other treatment options. But, from day 1, she was willing to speak with us at length about our options, set a plan, and review that plan periodically. She always made me feel comfortable.
Take notes. But that would be my advice to anyone in this situation.
My first consultation was a little late in the cycle, so we were too late for a medical IUI cycle. At the time, she indicated that her normal recommendation is 2-3 IUI cycles before IVF, so we decided to do one "natural IUI" (no clomid) cycle and 2 medicated (with clomid) cycles. We have done exactly that, without success, and are now about to start IVF.
My IUI cycles were mostly covered by insurance (except a very high ultrasound copay and also a normal visit copay), but my IVF is not covered by insurance at all. IVF (not including meds, genetic testing, anesthesia, and cryopreservation) is $14,250 (freeze all with PGS biopsy, plus frozen embryo transfer)
I do not believe that she would do multiple embryo transfer for me, given the cause of our infertility issues (male factor) and my relatively young age.
Westchester

Extremely organized and clean office [Westmed Medical Group]. Front desk staff are friendly. Short wait times. Nice and quiet waiting area. It can be confusing as it is a general check in desk (not just for one specialty), therefore it isn’t very private ... Always willing to help and answer any questions. Responded to emails and phone calls quickly. Both nurses are compassionate and genuinely want the best for their patients.
Describe your experience with WestMed Medical Group.
Extremely organized and clean office. Front desk staff are friendly. Short wait times. Nice and quiet waiting area. It can be confusing as it is a general check in desk (not just for one specialty), therefore it isn’t very private
Dr. Keltz takes the time to explain treatment options and always gives his honest recommendations. He is warm and compassionate just as any RE should be during a difficult and stressful time. He never makes me feel rushed during appointments and he always gives me hope when I’m feeling down or defeated.
Describe your experience with your nurse at WestMed Medical Group. (Assigned nurse: Melissa, Jennifer)
How was your experience with Martin Keltz at WestMed Medical Group?
When I first met Dr. Keltz 9 months ago for a consultation, I was of course nervous and unsure of what to expect. This was my first time visiting an RE for infertility. After I met him, a huge weight lifted off of my shoulders. I was no longer nervous. Instead, I developed trust in Dr. Keltz. From day one, he has been warm, thorough, informative, always looking for a solution and overall he just wants the very best for all of his patients. He always greets me by name and treats me like a human. He will sit by your side and talk to you like a friend.
Don’t waste time, go see Dr. Keltz! You will not regret it and you will be in excellent hands from the time of your initial consultation until you become pregnant with your bundle of joy.
clomid 100mg and timed intercourse for 4 cycles secondary to PCOS diagnosis and no other issues found during initial workup. Due to failed cycles, we then proceeded with 2 clomid 100mg IUI cycles which were not successful. Since all clomid cycles were not successful, we then proceeded with letrozole 5mg IUI cycle which was not successful. We then proceeded with a lapraoscopy to remove mild endometriosis, uterine septum & mini laparotomy myomectomy
Not sure as everything was billed to my insurance. Westmed does not collect any payments or copays.
Strong preference on transferring one embryo vs multiple

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Be open and don't give up. Very busy office [WestMed Medical Group], earlier appointments are best because you are in and out. Surgery is done out of Greenwich hospital, hysteroscopy done out of Westmed Ambulatory in Rye NY. Egg retrieval and embryo transfer done at Greenwich hospital unless they are donor eggs those are done in Manhattan Fertility in Manhattan NY
Describe your experience with WestMed Medical Group.
Be open and don't give up. Very busy office, earlier appointments are best because you are in and out. Surgery is done out of Greenwich hospital, hysteroscopy done out of Westmed Ambulatory in Rye NY. Egg retrieval and embryo transfer done at Greenwich hospital unless they are donor eggs those are done in Manhattan Fertility in Manhattan NY
Dr Keltz cares about hits patients and even if the patient is ready to give up on the treatment because of negative results, Dr Keltz isn't one to give up until theres success
All nurses are awesome, Melissa G is terrific will respond to all emails and help as much as possible with paperwork needed or anything with meds or bloods
How was your experience with Martin Keltz at WestMed Medical Group?
Very knowledgeable about treatment especially endometriosis. Very personable over 20+ years experience and will answer any and all questions. Treats his patients very the upmost care and dignity. I would not change my Dr for the world
You must ask all questions you need and is very knowledgeable
Menopur Gonal-F Leuprolide Highest dosage allowed for myself and same protocol for donor at lower dose. For transfers: estradiol 2MG, progesterone 1cc for 1st embryo transfer (August 2018), 2cc for 2nd transfer (December 2018), 1.5cc for 3rd (March 2019)
Depending on the time of year, from April through December he was busy. For my last transfer its quieted down
My treatments for 2018 were all covered under insurance only paid copays. For donor was all out of pocket. FDA LABS $1000, PSYCHOLOGIST $1000, EGG RETRIEVAL $2500, ANESTHESIA $500, ALL BLOODS FOR CYCLING $110 FOR EACH BLOODDRAW, CYCLING APPOINTMENTS COST WERE ABOUT $1200. Medication was covered under my insurance because the same meds were administered as was to me. As for 2019, embryo transfer for March 2019 $4000, 6 vials of Progesterone $299, Leuprolide $450
Westchester

The clinic [WestMed Medical Group] was easy to travel to and has plenty of free parking. For early morning appointments, you can park extremely close to the elevators to access the office. One weekend morning, they also had muffins and coffee out for patients (it isn't always the case, but was a nice surprise). When calling the office to speak to a nurse, it almost always requires them to call you back unless they had left you a message. That said, call-backs didn't take long. Using their secure messaging system was also a very effective way to be in touch with the practitioners. The lab in the building is very quick and the staff is pleasant.
Describe your experience with WestMed Medical Group.
The clinic was easy to travel to and has plenty of free parking. For early morning appointments, you can park extremely close to the elevators to access the office. One weekend morning, they also had muffins and coffee out for patients (it isn't always the case, but was a nice surprise). When calling the office to speak to a nurse, it almost always requires them to call you back unless they had left you a message. That said, call-backs didn't take long. Using their secure messaging system was also a very effective way to be in touch with the practitioners. The lab in the building is very quick and the staff is pleasant.
I always felt like a person when I was seen by Dr. Greene and the rest of the staff. Everyone was wonderful, warm and caring. If I had a question, Dr. Greene would stop everything and was never in a rush to move on to the next patient. She always stayed to answer any questions I had.
They were wonderful. They were kind, compassionate, hopeful and very thorough. They were great at their jobs and keeping everything organized. They were easy to reach when needed and they always offered their good wishes and hopes for me and my husband.
How was your experience with Alexis Greene at WestMed Medical Group?
Dr. Greene was always very thorough in mine and my husband's testing, results and procedures. I always felt well informed about the options and the process. I was able to get appointments when I needed them. I looked forward to meeting with her and felt calm during my visits. The only time I saw other practitioners was for my IUIs due to scheduling/timing. I absolutely loved one of the other practitioners and didn't care for the other.
She is absolutely wonderful to work with, but be aware due to scheduling that you may have other providers for your actual procedure, mainly if it falls during the weekend.
I had 2 IUIs with clomid for 5 days and ovidrel to stimulate ovulation both times. With unexplained infertility, the goal was to produce more mature eggs and use the trigger shot to optimize the timing of the IUIs. One IUI was unsuccessful and it's too early to know about the second.
I had copays for all my visits. Most appointments had additional costs that were my responsibility after it was processed by my insurance company. The medications from CVS were between $30-60 per cycle. The Ovidrel was just over $100 and the specialty pharmacy also provided a $10 rebate.

Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
We called [WestMed Medical Group] a number of times over a few weeks to get his blood work results, to no avail. On my next follow up appointment, I inquired about how I can have access to his results and they told me I needed to provide payment to medical records in order to get them...The clinic was in a beautiful modern building with a large parking lot. The building had a number of other types of MD practices as well. Waits were long to see Dr. Keltz at times. The equipment seemed updated and the treatment rooms were very clean and organized.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with WestMed Medical Group.
Dr. Keltz had a horrific bedside manner. I will give two examples of this. My husband struggles with MFI. Dr. Keltz was harsh in his discussion of this as I was reluctant to jump right into IVF as we just started our TTC journey. He used profanity and passed comments about us probably needing donor sperm as the rate we were going with my husband's numbers were low. I snapped at him and asked him to stop being so harsh as my husband struggles with medical anxiety (due to a history of medical trauma a number of years ago) plus, we didn't deserve to be treated the way he was treating us. The second example includes a transvaginal ultrasound experience with him in our first appointment with him. I had no idea what one was as I never experienced one and was never told what the ultrasound entailed. He abruptly inserted the probe inside of me and pointed out a cyst or possible fibroid that I had inside my uterus. Then he called in a few other doctors and nurses while I was spread eagle with the probe still inside of me to see for themselves and they were taking bets on whether it was a cyst or fibroid. I am an extremely modest person, so I was completely mortified.
When dealing with the nurses at WestMed, we felt extremely rushed by them. They were not warm, pleasant, or friendly towards us. They were running around the clinic and seemed very disorganized. They pushed Dr. Keltz' agenda for us to pursue IVF w/ ICSI by giving us the name of a local hospital to get my husband's sperm frozen and to schedule the IVF, despite us telling them we weren't interested in pursuing IVF.
What specific things went wrong at WestMed Medical Group?
How was your experience with Martin Keltz at WestMed Medical Group?
Dr. Keltz was quite impatient upon our initial office introduction with him. Initially, we were waiting some time in his office before he joined us. We saw that he had awards on his wall for his achievements as an RE, which gave us some reassurance. When he joined us, however he quickly fired off questions to us about our history of TTC. When he paused to answer, he was snappy and abrupt with us as if to insist we hurry with our responses. We had a few fertility test results with us that we shared with him as we had some free testing done at RMA in CT--an AMH test and an SA. Dr. Keltz shared that he used to work at Mt. Sinai for many years and had a lot of success--it seemed that he was bitter that he was no longer there. He bragged that he single handedly built their RE practice. Immediately after meeting with him, we experienced having to get a slew of blood work done within their lab. After we did the blood work, Dr. Keltz met with us again told us our only option would be IVF--based solely on the two test results er provided him and our conversation with him about our TTC history. He then took us to a treatment room did a transvaginal ultrasound--which I detailed earlier--and discovered that I had either a cyst or fibroid that he said needed to be removed. He indicated he would do the surgery himself. He made an appointment with me to see their in-house endocrinologist as I had a previous bout of hyperthyroidism and nodules. I was told to come back for my day 3 blood work as well. After the appointment with Dr. Keltz, I told my husband we would not do any fertility treatments with him. It took us a long time to find an RE that was in network with my insurance, so I suggested we get the basic fertility work up done with him (blood work, HSG, and SIS) plus the cyst/fibroid removal. I had a follow up appointment with Dr. Keltz two weeks after our initial appointment. During that appointment he reviewed all of our blood work with us plus my day 3 blood work results. He also performed the SIS on me while we met with him. He suggested we make an appointment for my husband to see a urologist that he recommended (one that charged $800 per visit and didn't take any insurance) and said he would likely put my husband on Clomid, to help his low sperm count. While we met with him, I told Dr. Keltz that my insurance company covers unlimited IUIs until I turn 44 years old. He snapped at me and told me to not waste his time. I told him he needed to dial it back as we are very sensitive people going though an extremely anxiety inducing process. He continued to tantrum that we weren't jumping at the chance for him to do IVF and said he wouldn't dare consider IUIs with us. When I mentioned concerns regarding the cost of IVF and that I saw that there are discounted IVF programs, he quickly changed his tune and said that he could do ours for $8500 with my husband's frozen sperm...which would cost $300. He proceeded to tell me that he has the most affordable IVF game in town. Dr. Keltz also said he could get the IVF injections covered by my insurance by claiming they are for an IUI. This entire conversation occurred while my feet was in stirrups due to the SIS. After that appointment, we followed up with a urologist and met with Dr. Keltz for follow up a couple of weeks later to discuss the surgery to removed the cyst/fibroid. He was indicated that he was annoyed that we didn't use his recommended urologist and we decided to use a local urologist instead. I had a hysterscopy with Dr. Keltz a few weeks later to remove what turned out to be a fibroid. I had one more follow up visit with him following the surgery and I then I discontinued any further treatment with him.
Run! Do not use him for fertility treatments. As a result of our mistreatment by Dr. Keltz, we didn't seek any further fertility treatment with another RE for a year out of fear of being mistreated again.
I only had blood work, SIS, and a myomectomy done with Dr. Keltz. I also had an HSG done, but it was with another MD in the practice.
I believe I had a $50 co-pay every time I met with him in person. I have a bill that covers blood work that totaled $255.71. Another bill covered a procedure that totaled $476.00.
Westchester

Monitoring appointments were done in the morning typically between 7am-9am. I don’t recall having an issue getting the times I needed...PGS testing would have been $1000+ out of pocket if we had done it...The clinic is part of large medical practice that has multiple specialities. They have their own lab and the doctors do all of the ultrasounds, which I preferred to the techs I have seen for others experiences. It was also an easy transition from my RE to my OB as my OB referred me initially, and was able to readily access my medical records when I went back to her for prenatal care.
Describe your experience with WestMed Medical Group.
My husband and I were going through a lot. He was diagnosed with colorectal cancer and undergoing radiation and chemo during our IVF cycle with Dr. Keltz. He always asked how we were doing and was aware of our situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at WestMed Medical Group. (Assigned nurse: Anika)
All of the nurses were really on top of their game. A couple were mostly assigned to assist him during the ultrasounds or procedures, and two others were the coordinators - one an LPN and one RN. They were kind, friendly, and always responsive.
How was your experience with Martin Keltz at WestMed Medical Group?
He’s very busy. I could see him 3-4 times in a week and he of course knew who I was but occasionally seemed scattered about what our plan was. I liked him though. I found him personable, honest, and compassionate.
Ask all of your questions even if you feel like he’s ready to move on to the patient in the next room. Understand all of the scenarios and make plans for each.
We used Lupron as a suppressor for about a week. Then Gonal-F, Menopur, and Lupron. I went for blood work and ultrasounds every other day. Continued to increase the dosages each visit for about 10 days of stimulation injections. We ended up with 19 eggs retrieved, 10 mature which was what we expected. We were planning to freeze, PGS test, then frozen transfer later. We only ended up with 3 embryos, and 2 by day 5. We decided to forego PGS, transfer 1 and freeze the other. He thinks it was the sperm as the issue, but I suppose we’ll never know for sure.
Monitoring appointments were done in the morning typically between 7am-9am. I don’t recall having an issue getting the times I needed. It felt a little like he was going door to door throughout the office.
We paid a $30 specialist co-pay or $20 ultrasound co-pay, and a $20 lab co-pay for each visit depending on what I was there for. Our insurance covered 75% of our IVF cycle (retrieval, transfer) so we ended up paying $2500 out of pocket for this. PGS testing would have been $1000+ out of pocket if we had done it. My meds were fully covered by insurance.
He had strong preference of transferring only one because I was just 27 at the time. I’m not quite sure what his rationale was, but I had no interest in the possibility of a twin pregnancy so I didn’t ask much further. He just always referenced my age.
Westchester

Some of them [the nurses at Westchester Medical Group] were great! Kind, compassionate, competent. But some were a bit gruff, and could work on their approach to speaking with patients...The IVF with ICSI (retrieval plus fresh transfer) was $8750. The FET was $3750. Freezing embryos was $1000...Long waits make it difficult...WestMed is huge, and there is no way to speak to someone... You have to leave a message on the central number, with someone who knows NOTHING about reproductive medicine, and hope that they write down your message correctly. Then you get a call back, but if you miss the call back, you have to start again, and you can’t ever leave a message with someone directly in the RE office.
Describe your experience with WestMed Medical Group.
Long waits make it difficult. Also, WestMed is huge, and there is no way to speak to someone. I’m a teacher, so getting a call back at a random time during the day doesn’t work for me. You have to leave a message on the central number, with someone who knows NOTHING about reproductive medicine, and hope that they write down your message correctly. Then you get a call back, but if you miss the call back, you have to start again, and you can’t ever leave a message with someone directly in the RE office.
This clinic sees a large number of patients. They batch their cycles, so you end up sitting and waiting for long periods of time (sometimes two hours!) for monitoring. There are always a lot of people waiting with you, and it’s a stressful environment. Once you’re with the doctor, though, he does a decent job of making you feel heard and cared for.
Some of them were great! Kind, compassionate, competent. But some were a bit gruff, and could work on their approach to speaking with patients.
How was your experience with Martin Keltz at WestMed Medical Group?
Dr. Keltz is smart, and he answers questions when you ask them. I like to make my decisions based on research and proven best practices. Dr. Keltz is well read on the latest information, so I trusted him to know best courses of action. One side note: after my transfers, he kissed my forehead. Both times. He asked if it was ok, and I said yes, but it definitely caught me off guard the first time.
Plan to be in the office a looooong time. Bring a book.
We did a high dose of Gonal-F, with Cetrotide to prevent ovulation too soon. I had a very low AMH result for my age, so we went in guns a-blazin’. I only stimmed for 8 days, and I ended up with 7 eggs retrieved, 5 mature, and 3 fertilized embryos. All made it to day 5. I used ICSI because I was using frozen sperm. I transferred one embryo in a fresh cycle, got a BFP, but the fetal pole never formed, so I had a D&C. Did a frozen transfer with the remaining two embryos, which resulted in a singleton pregnancy that I carried to term!
I paid out of pocket for the procedures, but insurance covered monitoring visits and meds. I had a high deductible, though, so the visits were still pricy. The IVF with ICSI (retrieval plus fresh transfer) was $8750. The FET was $3750. Freezing embryos was $1000.
Dr. Keltz tried very hard to convince me to transfer only one embryo for my FET. I pushed to transfer both, and still ended up with only one child, so it worked out for the best. There was a mix-up on the day of my transfer with the paperwork, but it got worked out (to the detriment of the doctor’s schedule.

3 IUI, IVF
Endometriosis, PCOS
Most nurses [at Westchester Reproductive Medicine] are extremely friendly and make me feel at ease. There are a few who can be very rude and dismissive.... Very long wait time but they will almost always squeeze you in. I see dr keltz and every single appointment, he does all procedures himself.... Educate yourself beforehand and be prepared to ask questions. There are long wait times, plan accordingly.
3 IUI, IVF
Endometriosis, PCOS
Describe your experience with WestMed Medical Group.
Very long wait time but they will almost always squeeze you in. I see dr keltz and every single appointment, he does all procedures himself. some nurses are rude but most are very nice. I had to do all of my own research.
Dr Keltz took time to go over our iui/ivf plan and really seemed to care about me and getting pregnant.
Most nurses are extremely friendly and make me feel at ease. There are a few who can be very rude and dismissive.
How was your experience with Martin Keltz at WestMed Medical Group?
Strengths: very intelligent and confident. Gentle and trustworthy. I feel Dr Keltz really cares about getting me pregnant and is doing what he think will gives us the best shot. Weakness: doesn't always explain things fully, I had to come with questions. Doesn't ask if I have questions.
First I was unexplained secondary infertility, likely pcos. We tried IUI with Clomid, 3 failed. Then I had a laparoscopy and discovered Endometriosis. Currently I am mid cycle for my first IVF with a frozen embryo transfer.
Not sure, most were covered by insurance.
Dr Keltz recommends single embryo transfer and I am comfortable with that.

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
nursing staff [at WestMed Medical Group] are awesome. Down to earth and caring...If you caught the first monitoring visits you are in and out, by 8am appointment sometime you wait longer because he can easily back up if a problem arise...transfer was canceled, dr [Martin Keltz] recommended donor eggs...Medically prefers 1 embryo transfer depending upon the comfort level if he feels the uterus cannot carry twins to healthy 35 week pregnancy
Describe your experience with WestMed Medical Group.
From what I have been told when I first started seeing him, I am in the best hands. He's a very busy dr starting his day at 7am and sometimes ending at 7pm. Procedures usually done T/Th, surgeries in Rye or Greenwich. IVF procedures done in Greenwich or Manhattan
The staff is awesome, very personable and dr takes a great deal in treating his patients with dignity
Describe your experience with your nurse at WestMed Medical Group. (Assigned nurse: Lauren, Melissa )
Dr Keltz nursing staff are awesome. Down to earth and caring
How was your experience with Martin Keltz at WestMed Medical Group?
Very personable, treats patients with compassion. Has grown extremely fond of me because I have tolerated any in office procedure if cysts needed draining like a champ without medication for sedation. And even some procedures can become uncomfortable
You'll grow to love him just have to get use to his dry sense of humor sometimes
Lupron (20 units for flare; then 10 units), Gonal-F (300 units), Menopur (3 vials), Estrace, Progesterone (varied from 1cc to 2cc)
My Ivf cycling for 2018 was covered under my insurance through work. Since my October transfer was canceled, dr recommended donor eggs. I was distraught because I recently found out none of the insurance offered for 2019 from employer had IVF coverage. My friend of only 2 years donated her eggs to me which had to be paid out of pocket but cheaper than egg bank. $450 donor consult $1000 donor bloodwork for FDA $1000 for cycling bloodwork $850 to see psychiatrist $550 anesthesia for donor egg retrieval $2500 egg retrieval My next transfer will be about $3500 out of pocket