3030 Westchester Avenue
Purchase, NY 10577
914-607-6270
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend WestMed Medical Group to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 1Neutral: 1Don't recommend: 17.7
7.3
1 doctor
Monitoring appointments were done in the morning typically between 7am-9am. I don’t recall having an issue getting the times I needed...PGS testing would have been $1000+ out of pocket if we had done it...The clinic is part of large medical practice that has multiple specialities. They have their own lab and the doctors do all of the ultrasounds, which I preferred to the techs I have seen for others experiences. It was also an easy transition from my RE to my OB as my OB referred me initially, and was able to readily access my medical records when I went back to her for prenatal care.
Describe your experience with WestMed Medical Group.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Martin Keltz at WestMed Medical Group?
My husband and I were going through a lot. He was diagnosed with colorectal cancer and undergoing radiation and chemo during our IVF cycle with Dr. Keltz. He always asked how we were doing and was aware of our situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at WestMed Medical Group. (Assigned nurse: Anika)
All of the nurses were really on top of their game. A couple were mostly assigned to assist him during the ultrasounds or procedures, and two others were the coordinators - one an LPN and one RN. They were kind, friendly, and always responsive.
How was your experience with Martin Keltz at WestMed Medical Group?
He’s very busy. I could see him 3-4 times in a week and he of course knew who I was but occasionally seemed scattered about what our plan was. I liked him though. I found him personable, honest, and compassionate.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Martin Keltz at WestMed Medical Group?
Ask all of your questions even if you feel like he’s ready to move on to the patient in the next room. Understand all of the scenarios and make plans for each.
Describe the protocols Martin Keltz used in your cycles at WestMed Medical Group and their degree of success.
We used Lupron as a suppressor for about a week. Then Gonal-F, Menopur, and Lupron. I went for blood work and ultrasounds every other day. Continued to increase the dosages each visit for about 10 days of stimulation injections. We ended up with 19 eggs retrieved, 10 mature which was what we expected. We were planning to freeze, PGS test, then frozen transfer later. We only ended up with 3 embryos, and 2 by day 5. We decided to forego PGS, transfer 1 and freeze the other. He thinks it was the sperm as the issue, but I suppose we’ll never know for sure.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at WestMed Medical Group.
Monitoring appointments were done in the morning typically between 7am-9am. I don’t recall having an issue getting the times I needed. It felt a little like he was going door to door throughout the office.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Martin Keltz at WestMed Medical Group.
We paid a $30 specialist co-pay or $20 ultrasound co-pay, and a $20 lab co-pay for each visit depending on what I was there for. Our insurance covered 75% of our IVF cycle (retrieval, transfer) so we ended up paying $2500 out of pocket for this. PGS testing would have been $1000+ out of pocket if we had done it. My meds were fully covered by insurance.
Describe Martin Keltz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at WestMed Medical Group.
He had strong preference of transferring only one because I was just 27 at the time. I’m not quite sure what his rationale was, but I had no interest in the possibility of a twin pregnancy so I didn’t ask much further. He just always referenced my age.
Westchester
Some of them [the nurses at Westchester Medical Group] were great! Kind, compassionate, competent. But some were a bit gruff, and could work on their approach to speaking with patients...The IVF with ICSI (retrieval plus fresh transfer) was $8750. The FET was $3750. Freezing embryos was $1000...Long waits make it difficult...WestMed is huge, and there is no way to speak to someone... You have to leave a message on the central number, with someone who knows NOTHING about reproductive medicine, and hope that they write down your message correctly. Then you get a call back, but if you miss the call back, you have to start again, and you can’t ever leave a message with someone directly in the RE office.
Describe your experience with WestMed Medical Group.
Long waits make it difficult. Also, WestMed is huge, and there is no way to speak to someone. I’m a teacher, so getting a call back at a random time during the day doesn’t work for me. You have to leave a message on the central number, with someone who knows NOTHING about reproductive medicine, and hope that they write down your message correctly. Then you get a call back, but if you miss the call back, you have to start again, and you can’t ever leave a message with someone directly in the RE office.
This clinic sees a large number of patients. They batch their cycles, so you end up sitting and waiting for long periods of time (sometimes two hours!) for monitoring. There are always a lot of people waiting with you, and it’s a stressful environment. Once you’re with the doctor, though, he does a decent job of making you feel heard and cared for.
Some of them were great! Kind, compassionate, competent. But some were a bit gruff, and could work on their approach to speaking with patients.
How was your experience with Martin Keltz at WestMed Medical Group?
Dr. Keltz is smart, and he answers questions when you ask them. I like to make my decisions based on research and proven best practices. Dr. Keltz is well read on the latest information, so I trusted him to know best courses of action. One side note: after my transfers, he kissed my forehead. Both times. He asked if it was ok, and I said yes, but it definitely caught me off guard the first time.
Plan to be in the office a looooong time. Bring a book.
We did a high dose of Gonal-F, with Cetrotide to prevent ovulation too soon. I had a very low AMH result for my age, so we went in guns a-blazin’. I only stimmed for 8 days, and I ended up with 7 eggs retrieved, 5 mature, and 3 fertilized embryos. All made it to day 5. I used ICSI because I was using frozen sperm. I transferred one embryo in a fresh cycle, got a BFP, but the fetal pole never formed, so I had a D&C. Did a frozen transfer with the remaining two embryos, which resulted in a singleton pregnancy that I carried to term!
I paid out of pocket for the procedures, but insurance covered monitoring visits and meds. I had a high deductible, though, so the visits were still pricy. The IVF with ICSI (retrieval plus fresh transfer) was $8750. The FET was $3750. Freezing embryos was $1000.
Dr. Keltz tried very hard to convince me to transfer only one embryo for my FET. I pushed to transfer both, and still ended up with only one child, so it worked out for the best. There was a mix-up on the day of my transfer with the paperwork, but it got worked out (to the detriment of the doctor’s schedule.
3 IUI, IVF
Endometriosis, PCOS
Most nurses [at Westchester Reproductive Medicine] are extremely friendly and make me feel at ease. There are a few who can be very rude and dismissive.... Very long wait time but they will almost always squeeze you in. I see dr keltz and every single appointment, he does all procedures himself.... Educate yourself beforehand and be prepared to ask questions. There are long wait times, plan accordingly.
3 IUI, IVF
Endometriosis, PCOS
Describe your experience with WestMed Medical Group.
Very long wait time but they will almost always squeeze you in. I see dr keltz and every single appointment, he does all procedures himself. some nurses are rude but most are very nice. I had to do all of my own research.
Dr Keltz took time to go over our iui/ivf plan and really seemed to care about me and getting pregnant.
Most nurses are extremely friendly and make me feel at ease. There are a few who can be very rude and dismissive.
How was your experience with Martin Keltz at WestMed Medical Group?
Strengths: very intelligent and confident. Gentle and trustworthy. I feel Dr Keltz really cares about getting me pregnant and is doing what he think will gives us the best shot. Weakness: doesn't always explain things fully, I had to come with questions. Doesn't ask if I have questions.
First I was unexplained secondary infertility, likely pcos. We tried IUI with Clomid, 3 failed. Then I had a laparoscopy and discovered Endometriosis. Currently I am mid cycle for my first IVF with a frozen embryo transfer.
Not sure, most were covered by insurance.
Dr Keltz recommends single embryo transfer and I am comfortable with that.