Winchester Infertility

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication is not offered: Not Offered
1820 West Plaza Drive
Winchester, VA 22601
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Winchester Infertility to a friend?
6.1
1 doctor
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Between canceled appointments/ IUI cycles [at Winchester Infertility] and not being informed on all the options for conceiving, we felt like we were on a schedule that was most convenient for the office, not for us...[the nurse] She was friendly when spoken to but was quiet most of the time. She would make most of the phone calls with protocol instructions...I felt like our infertility options weren't fully covered and that some options were pushed on us because that was the natural progression.
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Winchester Infertility.
It's a very small office. In the grand scheme, I think it's a good starting place for those who are in the Winchester area who cannot afford/don't have the time to travel to other infertility clinics. However, I felt like our infertility options weren't fully covered and that some options were pushed on us because that was the natural progression. To a new patient, I would say have a healthy timeline in mind. I often felt like we were in the vehicle but didn't know where we were going.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Francisco Irianni at Winchester Infertility?
Most of the time, I felt like a human but there were definitely a few times I felt like a number. There were times I would get very vague details about our test results, treatment plan and steps forward. Also, two cycles for IUI were canceled due to staff being out on leave, including Dr. Irianni.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Winchester Infertility. (Assigned nurse: Kristy)
How was your experience with Francisco Irianni at Winchester Infertility?
Dr. Irianni focused more on my weight being our main reason for not conceiving than anything else. I remember leaving his office on several occasions in tears because I had not lost enough weight and he specifically said, "how do you expect to be a good mother when you can't even take good care of yourself". Two planned IUI cycles were canceled because Dr. Irianni was out of office. He also missed several red flags on my husband's semen analyses.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Francisco Irianni at Winchester Infertility?
Be persistent.
Describe the protocols Francisco Irianni used in your cycles at Winchester Infertility and their degree of success.
My husband was on clomid to increase his sperm count and motility. I was also on clomid, as well as metformin and novarel.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Francisco Irianni at Winchester Infertility.
Insurance covered diagnostic testing, bloodwork, and portions of ultrasounds, but medications and procedures were out of pocket.
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
It's a very small office. In the grand scheme, I think it's a good starting place for those who are in the Winchester area who cannot afford/don't have the time to travel to other infertility clinics. However, I felt like our infertility options weren't fully covered and that some options were pushed on us because that was the natural progression. To a new patient, I would say have a healthy time line in mind. I often felt like we were in the vehicle but didn't know where we were going.
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Winchester Infertility.
Most of the time, I felt like a human but there were definitely a few times I felt like a number. There were times I would get very vague details about our test results, treatment plan and steps forward. Also, two cycles for IUI were canceled due to staff being out on leave including Dr. Irianni.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Winchester Infertility. (Assigned nurse: Christy)
How was your experience with Francisco Irianni at Winchester Infertility?
Dr. Irianni focused more on my weight being ourbie reason for not conceiving than anything else. I remember leaving his office on several occasions in tears because I had not lost enough weight and he specifically said, "how do you expect to be a good mother when you can't even take good care of yourself". Two planned IUI cycles were canceled because Dr. Irianni was on out of office. He also missed several red flags on my husband's semen analyses.
Be persistent.
My husband was on clomid to increase his sperm count. I was also on closed, as well as metformin and novarel.
1 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs
He [Dr. Irianni] is very dedicated and gave us great service. It [Winchester Infertility] is a small office in a small city and that was wonderful... The donor did not tell the clinic that she is a carrier for Cystic Fibrosis. I am not sure if he did not ask her or she did not realize.
1 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs
He is very dedicated and gave us great service. It is a small office in a small city and that was wonderful. He only works with married couples and is very conscientious.
He had one main nurse we worked with and she was great.
How was your experience with Francisco Irianni at Winchester Infertility?
We had a great experience even though if was long and challenging. We never felt like a number. When I had a miscarriage, he was very kind and supportive.
Be very honest and clear about what you want and need. He will be honest and let you know what is possible.
Can't remember but I did not have any major problems. We did 3 rounds of IVF with my eggs and conceived on the 3rd one. I miscarried at 12 weeks. Then we want back and did a donor egg cycle and were successful. The third time with my eggs was not great--he could not retrieve many. Also the donor cycle was not timed quite right and we got a low number of eggs from her, but one worked out.
$15,000 for donor cycle covered by us. Earlier cycles with my eggs were covered by insurance.