Wisconsin Fertility Institute

Genetic counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
3146 Deming Way
Middleton, WI 53562
608-824-0075
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Wisconsin Fertility Institute to a friend?
6.9
2 doctors
The clinic [Wisconsin Fertility Institute] is inviting & comfortable. It is quiet & calm which helps one relax when coming in & nervous. It is in a good location & easy to get to off of the beltline in Madison. The hours are good but it would be nice if they had one night a bit later each week.... Office visits were about $75. Ultrasounds were $150 to $200.... They [nursing staff] are caring & compassionate. They always took their time to answer questions. They returned calls quickly.
Describe your experience with Wisconsin Fertility Institute.
The clinic is inviting & comfortable. It is quiet & calm which helps one relax when coming in & nervous. It is in a good location & easy to get to off of the beltline in Madison. The hours are good but it would be nice if they had one night a bit later each week.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Elizabeth Pritts at Wisconsin Fertility Institute?
Dr. Pritts was always available nights or weekends for any questions. She is compassionate. When I would have a negative result, the next time I saw her she would tear up a bit. She would hug me & say it would be ok. She truly cares for her patients.
They are caring & compassionate. They always took their time to answer questions. They returned calls quickly.
How was your experience with Elizabeth Pritts at Wisconsin Fertility Institute?
She is a very caring person. Even if I wasn't seeing her that day fit an appointment she would stop by & say hi. She shared her own fertility struggles. She knows what it's like to be on the other side. All of the emotions that go with the process. Her husband has been sick & going through cancer treatments yet she was always upbeat & positive at every appointment. She focuses on each patient & interacts with them. Seeing how she would talk with other patients at the clinic & walk them out to the reception desk for their next appointment or to make sure they had any information they needed.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Elizabeth Pritts at Wisconsin Fertility Institute?
To trust Dr. Pritts & her advice. But also ask questons.
Describe the protocols Elizabeth Pritts used in your cycles at Wisconsin Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
After 7 failed IUI cycles, Dr Pritts evaulated by overall health. She did a hystoscopy to verify uterus looked good to proceed with IVF. She did a combination of medications & kept evaulating through the process if changes needed to be made. Rhe first fet did not work. On the 2nd fet she reevaluated medicationsto help thicken my lining in hopes of the embryos sticking.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Elizabeth Pritts at Wisconsin Fertility Institute.
Office visits were about $75. Ultrasounds were $150 to $200.
Describe Elizabeth Pritts's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Wisconsin Fertility Institute.
My doctor gave me information on both options. And then let me make the decision. She advised against transferring no more than 2.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Strengths: the office manager [Wisconsin Fertility Institute] did a wonderful job explaining each program/IVF package with us and gave us time outside of the clinic to make a decision on what would be best for us. She was also available to answer any questions we had. Weakness: the front desk staff is very nice and patient on the phone, but it can be hard to hear them at times. May need to turn up the volume on the phone, etc.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Wisconsin Fertility Institute.
Strengths: the office manager did a wonderful job explaining each program/IVF package with us and gave us time outside of the clinic to make a decision on what would be best for us. She was also available to answer any questions we had. Weakness: the front desk staff is very nice and patient on the phone, but it can be hard to hear them at times. May need to turn up the volume on the phone, etc.
Dr. Pritts was always present during each time we met. She answered our questions thoroughly and gave us time to digest all of the information we were given. She did not make us feel like we were asking stupid questions and responded with true sincerity.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Wisconsin Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Heidi)
The nursing staff has been exceptional. Heidi has been very compassionate and caring throughout the entire process. She responds to all questions via patient portal in a timely manner and is also available to chat via phone. I cannot say enough about the nursing staff at Wisconsin Fertility Institute! They are absolutely wonderful
How was your experience with Elizabeth Pritts at Wisconsin Fertility Institute?
When my husband and I first met with Dr. Pritts she was very welcoming and eager to help us with trying to conceive. She took time to explain all of our options and was available after our visit to answer other questions that came up. During this process I had to have a hysteroscopy to have a polyp removed. I developed complications over the weekend and called Dr. Pritts immediately. She responded to my phone call right away, and with no hesitation, she met me at the clinic to assess the situation. I was so scared during the time. Dr. Pritts was empathetic and helped my husband and I feel safe. I was so honored to have a doctor who cared so much during such a scary time during this process. Lastly, I would like to say that even though my husband and I did not have a successful first round of IVF we have faith in Dr. Pritts to do everything she can to try to help make the second round more successful. She has been available during this entire process and has always been ready to answer our questions and concerns (even at 7:00 pm on a Friday night). I would recommend anyone to Dr. Pritts, I believe that she truly does make miracles happen and my husband and I will be proof of that.
One piece of advice that I would like to give is to never feel afraid to ask questions. It is your body and future and you have every right to fully understand this whole process. Dr. Pritts will not make you feel intelligible and will spend as much time with you as you need to make you feel comfortable.
My husband and I did IVF with ICSI. I am not sure what protocol I was on, but will walk you through my process. I was on birth control for approximately 2 weeks prior to starting stimulation. I went in for my first ultrasound 2 days after I started my period and started stimulation that evening. I was on Gonal F and Menopur. I started cetrotide on day 8 and continued to stim for 13 days total. I Triggered on day 14, egg retrieval on day 16. Egg retrieval went well and I was feeling very optimistic. 22 eggs were retrieved, 16 fertilized with ICSI. I received a call from Dr. Pritts or the nurse on days 1,2,3,5, and 6 to updates us on the quality of the embryos. On day 1 we had 14 embryos, day 2 we had 14 embryos, day 3 we had 12 embryos, day 5 we had 7 embryos, and on day 6 only 3 made it to blastocytes. We sent all three in for PGS testing and all came back with genetic abnormalities.
Approximately $18,000 with PGS testing. This did not include medications.
Have not gotten this far
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
They [nurses at Wisconsin Fertility Institute] all remembered us each visit, and were very competent...They were really good at not pushing to go straight to IVF - they want us to use the least invasive procedure that will get results, which saved us a ton of money, and got us our baby! The whole clinic was organized, compassionate, and competent. Highly recommend them!
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
Describe your experience with Wisconsin Fertility Institute.
Dr. Pritts took the time to get to know us, and we never felt like we were being rushed through an appointment. She answered all of our questions thoroughly, and made sure we were good with our plan before leaving. When we had the miscarriage, she was very sensitive, and showed us the back way out so we didn't have to see more people.
They all remembered us each visit, and were very competent.
How was your experience with Elizabeth Pritts at Wisconsin Fertility Institute?
I loved Dr. Pritts. She made an effort to make sure we saw her as much as possible, instead of just handing us off to just the nurses. Even when she couldn't see us for one appointment, she reviewed all the details and called if she saw something we needed to know.
Morning appointments are the best, in my opinion. She was almost always available for morning appointments.
We went through 3 successive femara + Ovidrel cycles. The first started at 5mg femara days 3-7, then when the follicles weren't fully developed I did another course of 7.5 femara, then triggered, with timed intercourse. That pregnancy ended with a miscarriage. The second cycle was a course of 7.5 femara days 3-7, trigger with timed intercourse, then estrogen for 5 days. This one failed. The third cycle was 10mg femara days 3-7, then when I didn't respond quite enough (had bronchitis, so that messed with it), I did another course of 10mg, then trigger with timed intercourse, and estrogen for 5 days. Once we got a positive, I was started on Prednisone, progesterone, and baby aspirin to prevent another miscarriage. It worked! Just delivered our baby 2 weeks ago!
Our insurance paid for some of our treatment. Each ultrasound we paid $75. The initial appointment was something like $250-300, but she did a baseline ultrasound for free during that. We used Costco for the meds, because that was the cheapest option.
Middleton
The clinic [Wisconsin Fertility Institute] is very clean and bright. The staff checking you in are friendly and helpful. There is water and tea available for you. The only weakness is that it is an open space and sometimes people would bring their kids in or stop in with their successful result baby and that can be a little frustrating....The nursing staff were excellent and showed me great care and compassion. They always explained the process and what they were doing or what the next steps were.
Describe your experience with Wisconsin Fertility Institute.
The clinic is very clean and bright. The staff checking you in are friendly and helpful. There is water and tea available for you. The only weakness is that it is an open space and sometimes people would bring their kids in or stop in with their successful result baby and that can be a little frustrating.
The staff and Dr. Pritts always treated my husband and I in the most kind way. I felt like they understood what we were going through and that they were really on our side.
How was your experience with Elizabeth Pritts at Wisconsin Fertility Institute?
Dr. Pritts is very honest and will tell you how it is. If she thinks you can do more she will tell you. She is kind and firm, all in a good way. She is good at explaining things and giving you her best judgement on what you should do next with treatment.
Be ready to hear the honest truth, she will not hold back.
We all day down together (me, my husband and her) and discussed what we have been going through, my age and results of tests and decided to move forward with IUIs. Since I have unexplained infertility and due to the costs of IVF this was the best course of action. After the first two failed we moved from pills to injections. We tried three more times with all three failing.
There was a cost to have an initial meeting and then every ultrasound and IUI insemination cost money. Sometimes I would need more than one ultrasound if my eggs were not big enough which would rack up the costs for that process. After speaking with other friends and doing research I felt the prices were fair.
IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Nurse Heidi [at Wisconsin Fertility Institute] is amazing. She is the kindest nurse I've ever had care from. She is a great listener and explains things really well. She is great at finding answers when she doesn't know something and gets back to you as soon as she can. Hands down the best health care practitioner I've ever had... trengths: great facility (warm, inviting, clean), staff is amazing, kind and just great at what they do. The only area for growth I see is that the billing department could be more clear about what is owed and what procedures are for. It can get really confusing and overwhelming sometimes, so I think it's important that patients know exactly what they owe and what it is for.
IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Wisconsin Fertility Institute.
Strengths: great facility (warm, inviting, clean), staff is amazing, kind and just great at what they do. The only area for growth I see is that the billing department could be more clear about what is owed and what procedures are for. It can get really confusing and overwhelming sometimes, so I think it's important that patients know exactly what they owe and what it is for.
WFI is a fantastic clinic and Dr. Pritts is a wonderful physician. All of the staff at WFI are kind and incredibly caring. I was treated like an individual and all of my needs were met during our time with this clinic. Dr. Pritts is straightforward but really cares about her patients. It's apparent that she puts her heart and soul into her work. You are definitely not a number at this clinic!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Wisconsin Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Heidi Nelson)
Nurse Heidi is amazing. She is the kindest nurse I've ever had care from. She is a great listener and explains things really well. She is great at finding answers when she doesn't know something and gets back to you as soon as she can. Hands down the best health care practitioner I've ever had.
How was your experience with Elizabeth Pritts at Wisconsin Fertility Institute?
Dr. Pritts is a great physician. She is incredibly hard working and busy - but makes a lot of time for her patients. She was at many of my appointments and answered all of my questions as soon as she could call me back. She is a great balance between warm and fuzzy and direct and to the point, which I found really helpful during my IVF journey. Dr. Pritts has been through IVF herself, so I think she has a very clear understanding of what patients are going through and a lot of empathy. She is also very driven and wants to find answers to what is going on with each individual patient so her job is more effective. I felt like I was an individual and that Dr. Pritts and the clinic made every effort to create a plan and adjust as needed. I recommend WFI and Dr. Pritts without hesitation.
Don't be afraid to ask questions - Dr. Pritts loves to talk details/science. Write your questions down and bring them with you or email them to one of the nurses so they can get answers from Dr. Pritts.
Retrieval cycle #1: Antagonist without OCPs (antagonist suppression), GF 300/MP 150, IM progesterone. Results: 17 eggs, 10 fertilized, 3 made it to day 5, 1 came back normal after PGS testing. Retrieval cycle #2: Microdose flair (agonist flair): starting med GF 450 dose without OCPs, IM progesterone. Results: 21 eggs, 12 fertilized, 3 made it to day 5, 2 came back normal after PGS testing.
Two retrievals and two frozen embryo transfers cost us close to $50,000
Dr. Pritts is open to what is best for patients. I do think her preference is to transfer more than 1 healthy embryo into older patients (like myself) because the chances of having a baby are higher, and her ultimate goal is to help her patients get pregnant and have a baby. She clearly explained the risks and benefits of both and left the decision up to us.
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
The clinic [WI Fertility Institute] did have a serene feeling. More like a spa than a clinic. The staff was friendly and helpful. They seemed organized and efficient. They were timely and flexible...I felt diagnostic information was not sought out and critical thinking was not the norm. We were placed into a likely category and treated with A+B=C mentality. Detailed explanations were not given to me. I had to fight for information...15,000 for IVF 3,000 for adfitional FET, 250 for Ultrasounds
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Wisconsin Fertility Institute.
The clinic did have a serene feeling. More like a spa than a clinic. The staff was friendly and helpful. They seemed organized and efficient. They were timely and flexible.
We felt as if we were being taken through the motions. We didn't get much time with the doctor herself. There didn't seem to be much individualized thought going in to our treatment plan.
Heidi and the rest of the nursing staff were fantastic
How was your experience with Elizabeth Pritts at Wisconsin Fertility Institute?
We felt that Dr Pritts made assumptions regarding our situation rather than doing the proper diagnostics to truly understand our infertility. We felt rushed into IVF while feeling she didn't have enough information. We did not feel she was truthful regarding the explanation of our failed cycle. She got very defensive and unprofessional when we asked questions regarding our failed cycle.
Demand information. Ask questions. Do your own research. And play a strong role in your own care.
We started out with 3 timed intercourse cycles with letrazole and Ovidrel. I responded well with at least 3 follicles every time. I did have some fluid surrounding the ovaries and possibly in my one remaining tube. We then moved on to IVF as we were told our issue was most likely due to a blocked tube. Even though she had no strong evidence to support that assumption. Our IVF protocol was done with Gonal-F and Cetrotide with 1/2 the usual Ovidrel dose as the trigger. No medical explanations were given to us regarding medication or timing choices. She seemed to work off her gut. 18 eggs were retrieved but only 2 fertilized by day 2. By day 3, a total of 6 were fertilized. By day 5, we only had 1 embryo to freeze. I was told these results were due to poor egg quality but could not be given a specific explanation as to how the quality lacked normalcy besides "genetic issue". (Even though we did not have genetic testing done on any of the embryos.) Dr Pritts told me very callously and with much insult to my intelligence, that I should be smart enough to understand that we need to explore other options should we still want to be parents.
15,000 for IVF 3,000 for adfitional FET, 250 for Ultrasounds
She is an advocate of eSET
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, PCOS
The staff is very friendly and helpful. The facility [WI Fertility Institute] is beautiful and serene...The nurses overall are friendly and compassionate, but have different approaches to the day 11 ultrasound and the what happens afterwards. they were also sometimes confused about what the approach was for that month...There were a few times I would come in for an ultrasound and they would mention that we were recorded as following an IUI protocol, but were actually doing timed intercourse that cycle.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, PCOS
Describe your experience with Wisconsin Fertility Institute.
The staff is very friendly and helpful. The facility is beautiful and serene. Dr. Pritts is very pationate about her work. At my first meeting with her I was a bit put off by her directness and how quickly she moved forward with things. But, looking back, I appreciate these qualities because some of the things she said were a wakeup call for me. I think I was just thrown off because I'd never experienced that before in a doctor. The only weakness in my eyes is that I wish I had more direct contact with Dr. Pritts. There have been times I've contacted the clinic and felt like the information was getting diluted because it was filtering through her staff instead of coming directly from her.
I always feel like she listens to and addresss my concerns and questions. She is always friendly when she greets me. Also, when I had to have surgery with her, she held my hand in the OR until I fell asleep.
The nurses overall are friendly and compassionate, but have different approaches to the day 11 ultrasound and the what happens afterwards. they were also sometimes confused about what the approach was for that month. We always opted for timed intercourse, but they would think we had IUI planned and we had to correct them.
How was your experience with Elizabeth Pritts at Wisconsin Fertility Institute?
I think Dr. Pritts is great. My only complaint is that she maybe leaves too many of the decisions up to us. There are times I wish she would offer a stronger opinion about next steps rather than leaving all devisions up to us.
Ask lots of clarifying questions and push to get her medical opinion if you're ever unsure how to proceed.
So far I have only done medicated cycles with timed intercourse. 12.5mg of letrozole were used starting day 3 for 10 days. I had a large endometrioma on one ovary for the first 3-4 cycles with only 1-2 follicles produced per cycle. Ultrasound was used day 11 to check for follicles. I also had some cycles where I didn't ovulate on my own so an ovidrel trigger shot was used followed by timed intercourse. Zero pregnancies have resulted. I had laparoscopic surgery to remove endometriosis and have had two more cycles since then. One which produced 3 follicles on the 12.5 mg letrozole where a trigger shot was used and another where 2 follicles were produced and ovulation occurred naturally, both of which used timed intercourse and resulted in zero pregnancies.
$200 for the initial consultation. $250 for every visit requiring an ultrasound. Additional costs for meds and blood tests, some of which were covered by insurance.
2014 - 2017
Anovulation, Unexplained
The staff [at WI Fert Institute] is friendly, efficient, and are great communicators. Even on the weekends when the staff is limited, I have always felt that things always went smoothly for our appointments. I really liked that the doctors at this clinic (a married couple) were very open about their own fertility issues....my care go-to nurse has been Jen for my time with the clinic in 2014 and again now in 2016/2017. She is WONDERFUL and I couldn't have hoped for a better contact point. She returns phone calls within a day or less and is lovely to speak with at every point.
2014 - 2017
Anovulation, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Wisconsin Fertility Institute.
I liked this clinic enough that even though our insurance switched and was trying to send us to the other clinic in town (unclear why - they offer no infertility coverage) we chose to go back to our original clinic. They knew what worked for us in the past and were willing to let us back in where we left off with our first child. The staff is friendly, efficient, and are great communicators. Even on the weekends when the staff is limited, I have always felt that things always went smoothly for our appointments. I really liked that the doctors at this clinic (a married couple) were very open about their own fertility issues. It made us feel less like we were our own sad island.
Dr. Pritts is the perfect combination (for me) of no-nonsense information, proactive treatment, and enjoyable bedside manner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Wisconsin Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Jen)
For our cycles, my care go-to nurse has been Jen for my time with the clinic in 2014 and again now in 2016/2017. She is WONDERFUL and I couldn't have hoped for a better contact point. She returns phone calls within a day or less and is lovely to speak with at every point.
How was your experience with Elizabeth Pritts at Wisconsin Fertility Institute?
After 2 failed "timed" cycles with oral medication and a trigger shot, and 2 failed IUI cycles with oral medication and a trigger shot, she suggested adding a few days of injectable medications before the IUI that resulted in a positive pregnancy test. (Huzzah!) This was magical, obviously. The pregnancy was twins, and at the ultrasound where where we learned this, the heartbeats were measured and we were told based on the number that there was a (insert 90ish percentile) assurance that both fetuses would make it to term. This wasn't the case as I miscarried a twin at 21-22 weeks. So if I could offer any criticism, it would be that point of 90ish more more percentile that everything was going to be peachy. It's a rather small point. We have come back to the clinic to try to conceive a sibling for our child, and Dr. Pritts allowed us jump right back into treatment with the clinic where we left off, which was wonderful. We have not been successful after five cycles, though I don't think I have any criticisms of Dr. Pritts for that. (I have some choice words for my reproductive system, however.)
Don't assume your'e going to see Dr. Pritts for every appointment, or for every cycle if you're doing repeat cycles of the same drugs and/or procedures. If you have questions for the doctor, make sure you write them down before you go in for an appointment - I would forget and then would later have to call the nurses to relay a question to the doctor for me.
In our third IUI cycle for our first pregnancy in 2014 (and our 5th cycle overall), she suggested adding in a few days of injectable medication to our regimen that resulted in pregnancy. I became pregnant with twins (though later miscarried one in the second trimester).
Our IUI cycles were less than those on the website. For example, for each IUI cycle we had only one ultrasound and the IUI procedure itself. We used whatever fertility cycle the clinic currently recommended, so our IUI costs, even with oral medication, injective medication (like follistim) and a trigger shot, were approximately $1,100. Our health insurance covers NO infertility treatment, though we get a small benefit on the medication side.
We have not had an IVF cycle, so I am unable to answer this question.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
My experience at this clinic was 10/10! Everyone was so eager to help and only wanted the best results for us! It was a great experience! Nursing staff was friendly and helpful. Administrative staff was knowledgeable. Insurance staff worked hard with insurance companies to save us money....The nursing staff was friendly, knowledgeable, patient, emphathetic, quick to respond, helpful, etc. seriously no weaknesses
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Wisconsin Fertility Institute.
My experience at this clinic was 10/10! Everyone was so eager to help and only wanted the best results for us! It was a great experience! Nursing staff was friendly and helpful. Administrative staff was knowledgeable. Insurance staff worked hard with insurance companies to save us money. Dr Olive and Dr Pritts are top notch. They work well together and worked well with my OBGYN from the Dean clinics. They were all going to operate together on my surgery but I got pregnant and never needed the surgery.
How was your experience with David Olive at Wisconsin Fertility Institute?
He was amazing! Very understanding. He was knowledgeable and willing to go the extra mile. Positive yet realistic. He has also been through infertility so he is empathetic and compassionate. The entire clinic was amazing. Definitely would go again and would recommend!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Olive at Wisconsin Fertility Institute?
Go in with an idea of what your limits are financially and otherwise but also be willing to be flexible with yourself. Review the website before your consult and give some thought to where you would like to start and how fast you would like to go. Be flexible with this too.
Describe the protocols David Olive used in your cycles at Wisconsin Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Dr olive started with a mid range dosage of letrozole because I only have one Fallopian tube and he wanted me to ovulate on that side each month. We then tried increasing the dosage because we weren’t seeing progress. We tried IUI but he suggested we stop and save our money because my husband’s sperm count was great. We really appreciated this and felt that he wasn’t just wanting us to spend our money. He cared about us. He is in it for the families, not the money. We took a break after that because I was starting a new job and wanted to focus. They were so understanding. When we went back he created a plan for a surgery to assess the stage of my endometriosis and to further assess the status of my remaining tube after my OBGYN performed a test on it (went through my OBGYN because it was cheaper) Dr olive always looked for ways to save us money too. In the meantime before the surgery he asked us if we wanted to try Gonal-f injections with the letrozole and the trigger shot. The trigger shot was used from our first cycle with the letrozole. He also gave us info about micro IVF. We decided to go ahead with the injections and that we would consider the micro ivf depending on the findings from surgery. I never had surgery because I got pregnant with the injections right away!
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Olive at Wisconsin Fertility Institute.
Insurance covered a lot of things and what was not covered was reasonable. They worked with us on lab work, testing, and medications to find the best price. One of my Injections came from New Jersey because it saved me $500 to order from there. Dr. Olive’s staff took care of that order for me.
David Olive
Middleton
I had a LH surge on a Sunday and was unable to reach anyone at the clinic to ask when the IUI should be scheduled. So when I finally reached them first thing Monday morning, they told me we would need to come in right away that day.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Olive at Wisconsin Fertility Institute?
When we first started to see Dr. Olive, he seemed very compassionate. But as time went on, our visits became shorter and shorter and he acted annoyed whenever we tried to ask questions. He also openly mocked me and called me "OCD" because I'd done research on my own and was very knowledgeable about what testing I'd already had done and what the results were. We always left appointments feeling brushed aside and confused.
The nursing staff at WFI is far better than either of the doctors. They actually take the time to talk to patients and listen to concerns, and they are very knowledgeable.
What specific things went wrong at Wisconsin Fertility Institute?
How was your experience with David Olive at Wisconsin Fertility Institute?
We went to WFI because it was the only place that was even minimally covered by our insurance. At first Dr. Olive seemed to care- our first appointment was over an hour long and we left feeing hopeful. But there were some red flags- he refused to do ANY testing (not so much as a blood draw) for me or my husband and said that since I'd gotten pregnant before on my own (which ended in miscarriage) tests were "probably not necessary." He just immediately prescribed a high dose of letrozole with an ovidrel trigger and specifically told me "not to bother" with ovulation tests. However, the date I was always told to trigger was always several days after my monitoring ultrasound and I was worried about missing ovulation. Each cycle I produced 3-4 follicles, but did not get pregnant. For a second time, I specifically asked about having a semen analysis for my husband and was told it wasn't needed. When we asked how long we would continue this protocol before making the decision to try something else, he just waved his hand (as though to wave off our concerns) and said "indefinitely!" He always refused to even discuss anything beyond the current cycle because "this cycle is going to be the one!" Finally on our 6th cycle I demanded IUI. At my monitoring ultrasound, the nurse said to make sure to do ovulation kits before triggering, to make sure I didn't miss ovulation (the opposite of what Dr. Olive had told us) and sure enough, I had a LH surge prior to trigger. So our timing with timed intercourse had likely been completely off for the previous 5 cycles. On the day of our IUI, my husband gave his sample and we were told to return in 2 hours, me with a full bladder. When we returned, we were kept waiting 20 minutes past our appointment time (with a very full bladder to the point I was in pain) while we could clearly hear the doctors and nurses joking around and socializing loudly in the hallway. When we were finally called back, I expressed frustration that we'd been kept waiting and the nurse apologized and tried to say the doctors had been "giving an inservice" for the nurses. We had heard everything- it was not an "inservice", it was a social conversation in the middle of the day with a waiting room full of angry patients. Clearly they have no regard for their patients or our time. We were then told that if the IUI wasn't successful, we needed to move on to IVF. Remember, at this point they'd done NO testing whatsoever, and WE had been the ones who pushed to be more aggressive and do IUI, and suddenly we were being told we needed a $15,000 procedure. That IUI was in fact unsuccessful, but by that time we were fed up with the poor treatment and switched to the other clinic in the area. This is relevant because once we went there, they immediately did all kinds of testing on both of us, and told us that the protocol Dr. Olive had me on should never have been done without testing first (due to several risks we'd never been informed of). We also found out that while my husband has a very high sperm count and motility, his morphology was only 1%, making our chances of conceiving without IUI or IVF very low. This means that we'd wasted nearly a year with Dr. Olive, doing medicated cycles that were all pointless, all because he refused our repeated requests for testing. Had testing been done from the beginning, we would have gone straight to IUI and IVF instead of wasting all that time and money. Also, if you look at the SART data for WFI, their IVF success rates are shockingly low, so even if we'd done IVF, chances are it would have been a very expensive failure.
Do not go to Dr. Olive at all. You will end up disappointed, frustrated, and broke.
David Olive
6 IUI, IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
They are an amazing clinic! They are so great at communicating with their patients and listening to them. They make sure you feel like you are the only patient they have! Staff is top notch and so great at what they do!... The cost is reasonable. Treatment for infertility is not cheap but they do their best to make ever penny you spend go as far as it can.... Dr Pritts is amazing she always treated us just like family and made sure we knew what was going on and treatment plans and always make sure she know what was going on in our lives
6 IUI, IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
She is amazing!!
How was your experience with Elizabeth Pritts at Wisconsin Fertility Institute?
Dr Pritts is the most amazing doctor in the entire world she always cares about you as a patient and cares about what’s going on in your life. She always make sure that you’re getting the best care possible no matter what it takes and always goes above and beyond for all of her patients no matter who you are. She knows what it’s like to be in this position so she cares about you greatly and really wants to see you succeed.
Keep doing what you’re doing you’re doing an awesome job wouldn’t want to go anywhere else
2011 - 2012
Male Factor, Other
The first thing I noticed when my husband and I visited the clinic [Wisconsin Fertility Institute] was how it did not have a "clinic" or "hospital" feel to it at all. The staff was always very friendly...I had good experience with each nurse I had contact with. Everyone was very friendly and knowledgeable...Dr Pritts was always very personable during my appts and shared her experience with infertility to make me feel like I wasn't alone. She always made me feel like she genuinely cared. She was quick to respond to my emails herself and during my fresh IVF cycle she called me everyday between my retrieval and transfer to tell me how our embryos were doing. I cannot say enough good things about her.
2011 - 2012
Male Factor, Other
Describe your experience with Wisconsin Fertility Institute.
The first thing I noticed when my husband and I visited the clinic was how it did not have a "clinic" or "hospital" feel to it at all. The staff was always very friendly.
How was your experience with Elizabeth Pritts at Wisconsin Fertility Institute?
Dr Pritts was extremely kind and compassionate. She was always very honest about our chances when there were setbacks, but also helped us stay hopeful. She was at almost every appt I had and always was quick to respond to my emails. I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Pritts and would recommend her to anyone struggling with infertility.
Never be afraid to ask questions and voice your concerns.