Womack Army Medical Center

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
2817 Reilly Rd
Fort Bragg, NC 28307
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Womack Army Medical Center to a friend?
2 doctors
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Other, Unexplained
Being as I was seeing a doctor at a military treatment facility, that portion was covered, the lab used is civilian owned and contracted with the government/army etc.... I believe this clinic [Womack Army Med Ctr] does care about their patients, but being army, they must do it in groups and it’s chaotic. But our experience was overall good, and we got a “baby in our arms”, as said was their goal, but she wasn’t breathing.... The clinic doctor and nurse have been very compassionate concerning our loss.
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Womack Army Medical Center.
I believe this clinic does care about their patients, but being army, they must do it in groups and it’s chaotic. But our experience was overall good, and we got a “baby in our arms”, as said was their goal, but she wasn’t breathing. We made it to 36 weeks with Charlie-Jo before delivering our sleeping beauty. The clinic doctor and nurse have been very compassionate concerning our loss.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kyle Tobler at Womack Army Medical Center?
Ivf being done at army facility, they only do I believe 4 a year, they put everyone in a group and do everyone at once bussing in and out like cattle. Very chaotic. Not much one on one time, until I developed severe ohss by day 5, day of my transfer. We had to change to a freeze all, and I had 2 embryos to freeze and 2 morulas, which they tell us are riskier to use, best to do another full cycle and make more embryos because we are both so traumatized from losing Charlie-Jo Gracelynn at 36 weeks, we agree we want more many more embryos to feel secure we may have a chance. After I developed severe ohss, I got more one on one personal time. After we lost Charlie they have tried to work with us on getting in a cycle in March/April for egg retrieval, but must wait until August for a transfer because they don’t do cycles all year.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Womack Army Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Dori )
Dealing with nurse Dori was amazing. She always took the extra time to explain things and even stayed on the phone with me to help me get through giving myself a trigger shot before I flew back the next day to do transfer. I don’t like needles so she helped me best she could from afar. She always is very responsive via phone, text, or email. Absolutely perfect for her position couldn’t have anyone better.
How was your experience with Kyle Tobler at Womack Army Medical Center?
Everything was very much like herding cattle because they were seeing a good sized group all at once. So no real personal contact. Very rushed. Until I got ohss then I was treated as I would hope to be and had already been. And once we lost Charlie-Jo at 36 weeks he was compassionate and willing to work us in for future cycles.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kyle Tobler at Womack Army Medical Center?
That he is a good doctor, but you will not have much personal one on one time, as we all felt like cattle being herded. It’s very rushed. Hard to understand what’s happening and the whole process since everything is done in a large group all at once. You must give your own trigger shot. But If a serious health issue arises he will give you personal attention.
Describe the protocols Kyle Tobler used in your cycles at Womack Army Medical Center and their degree of success.
I honestly don’t remember most of the shots. Menopure & gonal and something else, I had 3 different ones and one of them I had an allergic reaction to and had to take Benadryl to help curb the side affects. Then there was the trigger shot. I took 2 different suppositories before transfer and and continued one of them 3 times a day. I also wore a hormone patch 3 days and then replace. I have a calendar somewhere with the protocol I can find and send later. Oh! And baby aspirin. And a Valium the morning of transfer.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Womack Army Medical Center.
It was a cattle call with patients staggered and constantly full waiting room and hectic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kyle Tobler at Womack Army Medical Center.
Being as I was seeing a doctor at a military treatment facility, that portion was covered, the lab used is civilian owned and contracted with the government/army etc. Our cost was $9,800 and $2,500 for thawing 2 embryos/morulas at a time. We pay a sperm storage fee of 30$ a month I believe, and 50$ a month for our 2 morulas. Of course airfare, and hotel stay until the Fischer house had an opening and I was able to stay there and be close within walking distance of hospital.
Describe Kyle Tobler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Womack Army Medical Center.
I was on board widh transferring 2 embryos as reccomendes. It resulted in one 36 week stillborn beautiful daughter. We would agree to transfer 2 embryos again.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
once I was there [Womack Army] I was well taken care of. I never had a wait, or issues getting appointments, tests and procedures were flexible and easy to schedule...Dori was amazing. I literally cannot say enough great things about her. She made me feel like I was important and she was invested in the outcome of my treatment....All procedures performed at Womack were covered by TriCare insurance. We received some meds from the office for free as well. Meds that we had to purchase were under $100 total. The IVF procedures were done at an offsite fertility clinic
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Womack Army Medical Center.
Getting referred to the RE through the military system was kind of a pain. But once I was there I was well taken care of. I never had a wait, or issues getting appointments, tests and procedures were flexible and easy to schedule.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason Parker at Womack Army Medical Center?
Jason Parker and his entire team (especially Dorian Eldridge) went above and beyond to explain things, understand my feelings, show compassion, talk about the future, the past etc. They were personal, friendly and just amazing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Womack Army Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Dorian Eldridge)
Dori was amazing. I literally cannot say enough great things about her. She made me feel like I was important and she was invested in the outcome of my treatment. After graduating from the RE, I was sad that I no longer got to see Dori.
How was your experience with Jason Parker at Womack Army Medical Center?
Dr. Parker was thorough and kind. He was proactive and made me feel important. He made me feel as though my infertility was important to him as well as me. Dr. Parker was always pushing for further testing and made sure all procedures, tests etc. were done correctly and that I fully understood the outcomes. He performed a surgery on me as well as my fertility treatments and I left the surgery feeling positive and relieved. I ALWAYS knew I was in good hands.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason Parker at Womack Army Medical Center?
Be positive, patient, and ask questions. Dr. Parker was always more than willing to sit and answer every question I had.
Describe the protocols Jason Parker used in your cycles at Womack Army Medical Center and their degree of success.
I do not remember the specific medications we used for each IVF cycle. However, after my unsuccessful IVF cycle, we did change meds. We also used ICSI and I ended up having more eggs fertilized which lead to me implanting 2 (live birth) and freezing 4.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason Parker at Womack Army Medical Center.
All procedures performed at Womack were covered by TriCare insurance. We received some meds from the office for free as well. Meds that we had to purchase were under $100 total. The IVF procedures were done at an offsite fertility clinic and the full retrieval and transfer without ICSI and assisted hatching were about $4000, with ICSI, AH, and embryo storage for a year we spent close to $10,000.
Describe Jason Parker's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Womack Army Medical Center.
Dr. Parker was very supportive of my wants to transfer 2 embryos for each cycle. He never pushed me to do anything I wasn't comfortable with and fully explained risks of multiples etc.
Fort Bragg
Stephanie is by far the best nurse in the infertility clinic [Womack Army], she takes the time to call me back in a timely manner, she even calls when she knows that I am on my breaks from work or after I am off from work. When I have, what my husband calls "silly concerns" she answers them anyway. I am very grateful for her and all of the dedication she puts into my care.
Latino, Black or African-American
Describe your experience with Womack Army Medical Center.
Be patient with call back times. Be understanding of their course of action, and ask questions when you have them. Be okay that it might take longer than you had expected it to take and that sometimes the answer isn't always what you're looking for.
Even though there are many patients that are seen at Womack, it never failed that no matter how much time I needed to get all of my questions answered, they did just that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Womack Army Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
Stephanie is by far the best nurse in the infertility clinic, she takes the time to call me back in a timely manner, she even calls when she knows that I am on my breaks from work or after I am off from work. When I have, what my husband calls "silly concerns" she answers them anyway. I am very grateful for her and all of the dedication she puts into my care.
How was your experience with Kyle Tobler at Womack Army Medical Center?
I am honestly impressed with the infertility clinic at womack. I am more than a number. They have diagnosed me with things that other doctors have told me were just inexplicable. Dr. Tobler took his time to explain my diagnosis and the bet course of action to take.
Ask any questions you want.
My last cycle was 5 mg of femara and 75 iu of gonal-f. I still do not know the results of the IUI, but I am hopeful, we will be doing 2 more IUI's before moving into IVF.
$220 per IUI. all medication was free and/or covered.
Fort Bragg
They were in the middle of an IVF cycle and I felt like they did not care about IUI patients.... They get bogged down with phone calls. Sometimes I would relieve callas as late as 10pm at night with lab results.... Due to this clinic being military and only serving military families and IUI will cost $260.... Strength is that they are all very nice. Weakness is that they can get distracted and take too much on. Strength is that they will call you back in a timely manner. Weakness is that if you are an IUI patient during and IVF cycle you will be put on the back burner. Sometimes within the clinic you can feel like just a number to the doctors, but I truly believe the nurses care.
Describe your experience with Womack Army Medical Center.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Womack Army Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Jessica )
The nurses are more on top of things than the doctors in this clinic. The nurses so much more concern and care than the doctors.
How was your experience with Kyle Tobler at Womack Army Medical Center?
He seemed distract and not concerned with my situation. He was super short and didn’t fully answer questions. He was nice overall. He does do well with interacting with patients. My main concern is their ability to treat IUI patients with the same care and concern as their IVF patients.
Make sure that you advocate for your own healthcare and stay on top of them.
I was on 75 of gonalF and then the pregnyl trigger shot. I started gonalF on day 3 of my cycle and did IUI day 8.
2006 - 2017
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
IVF w/ ICSI and PGD ran about $14000 [at Womack Army Medical Center]. FET about $5000. Not including meds...It’s at WAMC. You have to be military or a dependent. Getting an appointment is a bit hard because they are busy. But once you’re seen you’re set. I went there from 2006 to 2016. They’ve grown and added doctors. I can’t speak for the other doctors as I have only seen Doc P
2006 - 2017
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Womack Army Medical Center.
Dr. Parker listens well. He’s kind, caring and understanding. He always asked what I wanted and ultimately guided and supported gently. He took time for me even when I didn’t have an appointment. He is super!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Womack Army Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Dori)
Dori was made for this job. She has everything under control. She coordinates and schedules. She calls and informs. She gives the best hugs. She is there for all the procedures. Dori rocks!
How was your experience with Jason Parker at Womack Army Medical Center?
Dr. Parker is a gentle giant. He is calm and kind. He listens well and when I was sad and frustrated he showed compassion and meant it. He made sure I was seen until I felt comfortable. He suggested tests never to make more money, but to genuinely find out why I kept miscarrying.
See him. You will not regret it.
IVF w/ ICSI and PGD ran about $14000. FET about $5000. Not including meds.
Dr. Parker is father of triplets. He always suggested to transfer one. I pushed for more because I wanted a baby so bad. He let me try once with two. I miscarried both of them.
Fort Bragg
All of the nursing staff [at Womack Army Med Ctr] is great in their own ways. Dori is the IVF coordinator and though sometimes she makes you feel a little rushed she always returns calls, emails, and text promptly and shows concern when needed. Natalie is less personable than the rest of the staff but once you meet her a few times her bluntness is less harsh. And Stephanie is a blessing. She is always smiling, takes time to talk about things other than treatments (gets to know you!) and just provides a warm environment.
Describe your experience with Womack Army Medical Center.
Strengths: great cost, clean facility, wonderful at communicating Weaknesses: weird IVF cycles (just 4 times a year), odd hours and days off (due to being on a military base)
He has a compassionate heart and takes the time to answer all questions
All of the nursing staff is great in their own ways. Dori is the IVF coordinator and though sometimes she makes you feel a little rushed she always returns calls, emails, and text promptly and shows concern when needed. Natalie is less personable than the rest of the staff but once you meet her a few times her bluntness is less harsh. And Stephanie is a blessing. She is always smiling, takes time to talk about things other than treatments (gets to know you!) and just provides a warm environment.
How was your experience with Jason Parker at Womack Army Medical Center?
Dr. Parker has done a great job in setting out a great plan for us. Initially we came in expecting IVF with ICSI right away and he went ahead and let us try some IUIs. Even though they weren't successful we are grateful that he didn't jump to the most extreme option instantly.
Be prepared to see Dr. Parker or one of his 3 under-doctors at the clinic. All of them are wonderful
IUI- $220 IVF with ICSI- $8,300 Embryo Freezinf- $1,000