Genetic counseling: Offered
Selling medication: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
729 North Medical Center
Clovis, CA 93611
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Women's Specialty & Fertility Center to a friend?

[Protocol with Dr. Carolina Sueldo was a] Medicated IUI with Clomid and Ovidrel trigger...She was very patient and explained things slowly and clearly. No question was stupid and I asked a lot of questions. Taking in all that information can be overwhelming but she didn't rush me when I needed to take a moment and gather my thoughts... After she had gone over the results and diagnosed us unexplained we decided we would try naturally for 1 more cycle. Surprise! I got pregnant but before the Dr. could know she on maternity to have her baby. So the follow ups for this pregnancy and ultimately my miscarriage were handled by Dr. Carlos Sueldo and Dr. Synn.
IUI w/ sperm wash included $410 My total for 1st IUI was $723 [at Women's Speciality & Fertility Center]...Ashley [nurse] has done my antral follicle counts and counseled me through my miscarriage. She was there when I got the news and was very compassionate and was able to keep me calm...When it got within a couple days and I hadn't gotten a confirmation call I called myself to confirm. My heart sank when there was no appointment for me and I was upset. The person I spoke with was very nice, put me on hold and a couple minutes later came back and got me in for the day and time we originally had. So even though it was a mistake it was resolved very quickly.
European, Latino
How was your experience with Carolina M. Sueldo at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center?
I felt very comfortable with Dr Carolina Sueldo, she explained everything so well. After she had gone over the results and diagnosed us unexplained we decided we would try naturally for 1 more cycle. Surprise! I got pregnant but before the Dr. could know she on maternity to have her baby. So the follow ups for this pregnancy and ultimately my miscarriage were handled by Dr. Carlos Sueldo and Dr. Synn. Dr. Carlos Sueldo diagnosed my miscarriage and was very direct and did not sugar coat it which I believe helped my processing. Dr. Synn handled my miscarriage follow up and answered all my questions. He was very nice and sympathetic.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carolina M. Sueldo at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center?
The whole process is very overwhelming especially if this is the first clinic you are visiting. Leading up to your appointment take notes and think about your cycle and if anything is off, any bad habits that could affect fertility, discuss everything. What you do, what you eat, your lifestyle. Also, you don't need to learn everything now.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carolina M. Sueldo at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Carolina M. Sueldo used in your cycles at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Medicated IUI with Clomid and Ovidrel trigger
Describe your experience with your nurse at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Ashley)
Ashley has done my antral follicle counts and counseled me through my miscarriage. She was there when I got the news and was very compassionate and was able to keep me calm.
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
When you are prescribed your medications some of them will be sent off to a specialty pharmacy and they usually have a go to. Go home and call the pharmacy's and check prices. There's not that many and goodrx is a good starting point. I found Ovidrel $60 cheaper than the pharmacy they first sent it to and it was really quick and easy to ask them to change it. Do this for medications you get at your local pharmacies also, you never know who's got it the cheapest.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Carolina M. Sueldo at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
Insurance covered all my diagnostic tests with only copays. Clomid $16 (100mg dose) Ultrasound $95 you will do at least 2 for the IUI and possibly 3 Ovidrel $107 ordered from Freedom Fertility (my choice) IUI w/ sperm wash included $410 My total for 1st IUI was $723
Describe Carolina M. Sueldo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
This clinic does a single embryo transfer unless there are specific circumstances
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Carolina M. Sueldo at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.

2016 - 2019
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other, Unexplained
My dr had a strong preference to a single embryo vs. multiple. ... we had two fails and four embryos left and I'm 35+ yrs old. ... When I had my first failed embryo transfer he [Dr. Synn] called hours later and let me know after my lab results were in. I could tell he genuinely felt bad for me and the situation and asked if I had any questions. When I had my eggs retrieved he called me himself to check in on me and answered my questions.
Call backs faster would be great. Quicker responses to emails. I had to call the last two times for my lab results and it was almost end of business day ... Also, they [Women's Specialty & Fertility Center] changed appointments without telling me and I found out later and they changed the appt with a different dr as well without consulting me and I wasn't okay with that. ... Karla [nurse] is compassionate, she is genuine and always makes me feel like shes rooting for me. Christine and Missy are the same, they are the Nurse Practitioners.
2016 - 2019
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Michael Synn at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center?
When I had my first failed embryo transfer he called hours later and let me know after my lab results were in. I could tell he genuinely felt bad for me and the situation and asked if I had any questions. When I had my eggs retrieved he called me himself to check in on me and answered my questions.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Synn at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center?
Ask all the questions don't be afraid. Write them down before you go in. No question is a dumb question.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Synn at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center?
Sometimes the staff is busy and so its a quick interaction but most times they do their best to empathize, are compassionate and patient. The subtle hand on the shoulder, or a hug, or a genuine good luck and fingers crossed, they way they've treated me after a procedure with how they are caring and careful is how I've felt like they treated me like a human vs. a number.
Describe the protocols Michael Synn used in your cycles at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Egg Retrieval: Menopur, is all I can remember right now. First Embryo Transfer: Proestrogene Suppositories, Estradiol Pills, Crinone 2nd Embryo transfer: Proestrogene Oils Injections, Estradiol Injection, Crinone The second transfer was successful the first one wasn't. The second one ended in a chemical pregnancy though but my uterine line was much thicker and ideal with a triple layer
Karla is compassionate, she is genuine and always makes me feel like shes rooting for me. Christine and Missy are the same, they are the Nurse Practitioners. I felt like they were really on my team and rooting for me wanting this transfer to go well and I can hear the dissapointment when it doesnt.
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
Call backs faster would be great. Quicker responses to emails. I had to call the last two times for my lab results and it was almost end of business day so it would be nice if they had a better way of ensuring their patients know sooner than later and have a time block for it for whoever is available to give the info.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Synn at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
Describe Michael Synn's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
My dr had a strong preference to a single embryo vs. multiple. I have an upcoming appt so we will see what they suggest now that we had two fails and four embryos left and I'm 35+ yrs old.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Michael Synn at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.

Dr. Carolina Sueldo is VERY current on best practices and advances in the medicine she is willing to do what ever is going to give the embryo's the BEST chance at viability. ... I remember her saying that its more aggressive because of my diminished reserve. ... She is honest and will tell you things that will be hard to hear BUT she will try respect your dignity in the process.
They [Women's Specialty and Fertility Center] are very well organized, polite and friendly, the nursing staff goes over the protocol with you once a determination is made to move forward. They do their best to organize everything for you your name is on the paper work and things are highlighted so to make everything easy to understand. If there is a complaint its just that the materials could be more up to date
We connected on life things, she at the time of this is getting ready to be married and we were able to talk about those things. I remember asking her because we are similar in age what she would personally do in my situation in regards to an HSG which lets be honest is the WORST test, and mine was two years old and I just remembered in that moment that was going to suggest for me to do it again and I remembered I said 'I HATED that test' and she said I know but a lot can happen in two years, I KNEW she was right, and I asked if she would do it and she said candidly 'spending all of this money IVF I would do it' Which reminded me of a commitment I had made to myself which was to do all I could with in reason to have a positive outcome which up until that point I had being doing to eat healthy, limit BPA exposure take my vitamins and exercise etc. to be able to cross the finish line and know I had done EVERYTHING I could to reach the 'end zone' and if one test as awful as it is kept me from that goal how would I feel? (needless to say I will be doing it can't say I am happy about it but I will be doing it). She did her best to answer any and all questions that I had and I had a lot because at the time of my meeting her about IVF two clinics in the Bay Area lost their cryogenic storage, and she said we ALL felt that and is it a risk yes BUT we all are ever learning and ever evolving she explained the systems in place at WSFC to ensure the best outcome if something catastrophic were to happen there are back up generators etc. to help keep the eggs safe. HA. and I appreciated how when she talked about my husbands motility. Everyone has up to this point said he was basically super human and she had mentioned that his count was borderline I remember we all laughed as my husband was like wait WHAT I was told that I was prime and ready to go all systems firing, and she recovered it well by explaining throughly what she meant so he didn't have a nervous break down, it was a comical moment, so I guess what I am saying is that she really read the situation well in order to redirect my husband to the facts which helped him a lot feel better about everything.
If you are a Bakersfield to Modesto resident looking for a Doctor of Fertility the central valley is a good place stay. Clovis Community Hospital already has a really amazing reputation in and of its self. Now we have Dr. Carolina Sueldo added to the mix. She is WORTH your time, to stay local. Just think for one second. The added cost of going to the Bay Area hotels, gas, and travel stress on an already stressful time and situation. Anyone would be lucky to see Dr. Carolina Sueldo and utilize the program here in the Central Valley its a Dimond in the rough. Trust her. She is honest and will tell you things that will be hard to hear BUT she will try respect your dignity in the process. Its a BIG scary investment I know. BUT staying close to home is worth it. Trust me.
I felt like Dr. Sueldo really REALLY cared about not only my own health and well being but the health and well being on my husband and what the canvas of our family going forward was going to look like. She encouraged us to take our time yet also cautioned us that due to my type of infertility that we would be wise to get assistance with our concerns to help us come to a conclusion on how to proceed. I won't forget it. She walked in ready to have a COMPLETELY different conversation with us on our second visit, but assessed that we might not be ready, at first I was hurt ( who wouldn't be that is a COMPLETELY normal human emotion) BUT then I was grateful, you see my biggest fear in IVF is doing it alone. BUT what Dr. Sueldo did for me that day I will be FOREVER grateful for. She helped me to reconnect with the strong women I was before infertility struggles stripped me of my confidence and sense of self, she encouraged me whether she knows it or not to reconnect with that women. I will in the end have do IVF alone all the BIG and scary parts which wasn't in 'my' plan BUT I know that I can because in my life there isn't going to ever be a 'right time' and I was built strong for this moment to be strong in the face of the hardest thing I have ever personally had to do. That is what Dr. Carolina Sueldo did for me to help me feel human in the face of a situation where I ABSOLUTELY could have felt anything less than human.
I don't know what type of protocol exactly you would call what I will be doing, BUT I remember her saying that its more aggressive because of my diminished reserve. Gonal Menopur Cetrotide Norarel or Pregnyl Progesterone in oil (I was going to have a vaginal insert of something that starts with and E but I was able to request not to use that because a burning vaginal canal... NO THANK YOU) March 5th I start shots and I go in for a follow up on the 11th from there we will determine how I am responding.
HA! the only thing I can really say other than they are awesome is there was a nurse who I spoke to often on the phone and she in the office heard my voice and came down the hall and taped me on the shoulder as I was looking over some paper work and asked if I was Kristin and than said Hi! I am (I don't remember her name) and I have been talking to you on the phone answering your questions and setting your appointments! its so nice to meet you! Honestly it was so out of the blue but I really appreciated the effort she displayed and her memory (obviously better than mine).
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
They are very well organized, polite and friendly, the nursing staff goes over the protocol with you once a determination is made to move forward. They do their best to organize everything for you your name is on the paper work and things are highlighted so to make everything easy to understand. If there is a complaint its just that the materials could be more up to date and a little easier to follow ever for the nurses sake I think too I would love to see a trifold or something of that nature, but that is really just nit picky, the staff was really accommodating to help me get whatever I needed to make the process as smooth as possible (I asked for a paper calendar and they provided one) Marissa your the best!
we are 100% Private pay 175$ ish for The initial consult 75$ for each office visit 10055$ -IVF global fee 4655$ -IC Sperm injection 600$ -Embryo Lab fee 4800$ additional items -270$ Sperm back up -375$ Anesthesia egg retrieval and a few other items that are specific to our care but the above are the main general fees

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
He did all my ultrasounds, the egg retrieval, and two tranfers and was able to share next steps when things didn’t go a planned. ... My husband feels comfortable with Dr. Sueldo and trusts his judgment. ... He also is very current in his reading on infertility and different studies. He makes sure to change his protocols to treatment as needed. ... Dr. Sueldo suggest that because of my age, 36, that I could do one or two embryo transfers. ... He makes me feel like I matter to him. ...
They don’t answer their phones until 8:30 or sometimes later in the morning and they also take lunch for over an hour. They also have exchange that takes their calls but sometimes it’s not helpful when I need to talk to a nurse. ... They are will to help in anyway they can. ... They [nurses] are compassionate, well educated, and they love their job. ... I think overall with medication and treatment it was like $19,000 total for one round of IVF, two transfers and freezing two eggs.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Carlos Sueldo at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center?
Dr. Sueldo is the perfect doctor for me. He takes the time I need to explain all the options for my treatment. He did all my ultrasounds, the egg retrieval, and two tranfers and was able to share next steps when things didn’t go a planned. He’s a calm and thoughtful man who wants each of his clients to have success. When I was struggling with bleeding while I was pregnant, he rearranged his schedule to make sure I was seen in the office by him. When it turned out I was having a miscarriage he was the one to do a D&C on me. My husband feels comfortable with Dr. Sueldo and trusts his judgment. With all my heartache through this process Dr. Sueldo has helped me see the light that a baby is possible.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carlos Sueldo at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center?
My piece of advice is to have thick skin because the results might not always go your way or it might take longer then you want it to take! Dr. Sueldo is wonderful and will answer any and all questions. He also is very current in his reading on infertility and different studies. He makes sure to change his protocols to treatment as needed.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carlos Sueldo at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center?
Dr. Sueldo is amazing. He’s calm and answers all my questions. Even when I don’t understand he goes over it again. He makes sure I feel comfortable with the treatment and next steps. When I had my miscarriages he was there to help me navigate through a natural miscarriage or having surgery. He makes me feel like I matter to him.
Describe the protocols Carlos Sueldo used in your cycles at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I don’t remember this. I know I followed exactly what he told me to do though.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Marissa)
They are all amazing! They are compassionate, well educated, and they love their job. They made me feel like I was at home in the office.
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
They have so many strengths! I really love this doctors office. They are will to help in anyway they can. They don’t answer their phones until 8:30 or sometimes later in the morning and they also take lunch for over an hour. They also have exchange that takes their calls but sometimes it’s not helpful when I need to talk to a nurse.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Carlos Sueldo at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
Describe Carlos Sueldo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
Dr. Sueldo suggest that because of my age, 36, that I could do one or two embryo transfers. My husband and I chose to transfer two embryos on two different ocassions. We’re still waiting for a successful full term pregnancy. I haven’t made it out of the first trimester.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Carlos Sueldo at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.

When I first came and I met with her she was very helpful. Once I started treatments I never met with her again. ... Because I have PCOS I was advised to take Femara plus the trigger shot. Once we added I’m the IUI and that worked the second time. ... My start of treatments was hopeful. Meeting with C Sueldo gave me hope. She was so nice and innovative. So I started treatments in January and it was a process
They [are knowledgeable on treatments but if you want compassion or empathy find another doctor because they are very direct. ... And unfortunately I’m worried to start treatments again at that clinic due to the terrible bedside manner from the other doctors that were not even my dr. I was very disappointed that I was not being seen by my original dr. ... The clinic is convenient to my work and home so I will continue knowing their bedside manner. ...One time they did not call in my correct prescription. Another time they required me to do a blood test on a certain day. I showed up and paperwork had not been sent.
My start of treatments was hopeful. Meeting with C Sueldo gave me hope. She was so nice and innovative. So I started treatments in January and it was a process. After 3 months no luck we move on to IUI. She ending up doing my first one, no luck. My second IUI was done and it stuck. I could not believe this was going to happen for us. I did the blood test until the 6 week 3 day mark and they were good. We go in for that first ultrasound and all they find is a empty sac. With no compassion or sensitivity knowing that we were coming in to see so much more the Sueldo Sr came in and stated to come back next week and we will figure out what to do with it. IT, yes the sac inside my uterus that I worked so hard for. He was so cold and spoke with no hope that anything could possibly show up the next week. A week later we go back with defeated hearts and they find a heartbeat. This time a nurse practitioner saw us and stated it is viable now because of a heartbeat but there could be serious genetic issues like Down syndrome, etc. but to come back next week. Another week goes by and baby measures a week further so they send my to the OB. Ultimately my pregnancy ended in a miscarriage. And unfortunately I’m worried to start treatments again at that clinic due to the terrible bedside manner from the other doctors that were not even my dr. I was very disappointed that I was not being seen by my original dr.
Be prepared to never see your dr.
When I first came and I met with her she was very helpful. Once I started treatments I never met with her again. She came into the room and did my first IUI after that I was seen by the other doctors in the clinic. My second IUI actually worked, I went in for the follow up ultrasounds and the Sueldo Sr. came in had the worst bedside manner and was very cold to my husband and what were we’re experiencing. After going back a week later for more bad news the nurse practitioner that we saw was the same way. There was no compassion or I’m sorry for what your dealing with.
They were always nice.
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
Don’t plan on seeing your doctor. They are knowledgeable on treatments but if you want compassion or empathy find another doctor because they are very direct. The clinic is convenient to my work and home so I will continue knowing their bedside manner.
It was about $500 my first 3 cycles (femara, trigger shot, ultrasounds), about $1,000 adding I’m IUI , about $500 for test when we started
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other, Unexplained
I have to say it's also refreshing having your Endo reproductive Dr. be a female. She [Dr. Sueldo] just understands and makes you feel the most comfortable you've ever felt. She gives you realistic updates and hopes. She sets easy and understandable plans of action! She remember who you are when she sees you for your apt. ... When she asks how you are and in her eyes she truly cares!!
Strengths are keeping records and your file current. It makes a smooth experience because everyone knows what's going on. The office [Women's Specialty & Fertility] is so super clean. The giant to flat screen always has something amazing tuned on. Weakness would be when calling there is a lot of being put on hold. ... There was only one receptionist who was "ehh." The rest of the entire office is amazing, friendly, and so helpful.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other, Unexplained
Dr C is amazing. I have to say it's also refreshing having your Endo reproductive Dr. be a female. She just understands and makes you feel the most comfortable you've ever felt. She gives you realistic updates and hopes. She sets easy and understandable plans of action! She remember who you are when she sees you for your apt. Once I was leaving, and in the hallways I saw her consulting with her father Dr. Carlos Sueldo. And I didn't think she would look up, and I didn't want to bother her. But not only did she see me walk by, she paused taking to her father and walked over to me to give me a hug and ask how I was doing!! Unheard-of, to me, to see a Dr that shows so much love to their patients and to genuinely care about their needs!!!
Be prepared to get a ton of info!!!
She gives you hugs like a real person. When she asks how you are and in her eyes she truly cares!!
My blood works all seemed normal. So clomid we went. Off to the races. 5 days and not one mature follicle. We then moved the dosage up. Once again, nothing. Moved the dosage to the max. Then once again, nothing. Now it's injectable time. 150 dose of Hmg for 4 nights then if to see if it works. I'm currently still working with her. And Friday I will get an update on how it's going. Fingers crossed and prayers galore.
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
Strengths are keeping records and your file current. It makes a smooth experience because everyone knows what's going on. The office is so super clean. The giant to flat screen always has something amazing tuned on. Weakness would be when calling there is a lot of being put on hold.
So
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
PCOS, Other
He [Dr. Synn] is a very friendly doctor. Was always in a good mood. Was warm and compassionate. He was very knowledgeable. If I didn’t understand something he would explain it to me differently so I could. He would also for me if an emergency happened in the weekend. He is very kind and got to know us as a couple.... He explained our results from test, samples, and work ups. Told us the percentages and the options. He let us decide how aggressive we wanted to be and what our financial availability was. We decided to try injections first and he explained how the process would work.
This is a very busy clinic [Women's Specialty & Fertility Center] there isn’t another near by, the biggest weakness is the long wait. Also some of the staff is rough when the so ultrasounds. Strength is they are friendly and remember you. They are available on the phone to help if you can’t make it to the office.... The normal person I had was very friendly and gentle but when I had the nurse practitioner or another dr they were rough
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
PCOS, Other
He is a very friendly doctor. Was always in a good mood. Was warm and compassionate. He was very knowledgeable. If I didn’t understand something he would explain it to me differently so I could. He would also for me if an emergency happened in the weekend. He is very kind and got to know us as a couple.
To not be afraid to ask questions he will help you understand everything
Felt like a human because he addressed me by name, he remembered me. And was always warm and welcoming. Answered my questions and didn’t feel rushed
He explained our results from test, samples, and work ups. Told us the percentages and the options. He let us decide how aggressive we wanted to be and what our financial availability was. We decided to try injections first and he explained how the process would work. It was our lowest possibility but i wanted to give it a shot outcome was no preg. Then I wanted to try IUI again he explained everything we went with that because of the cost. The outcome was no pregnancy. Then we decided to try ivf he went with us the steps and procedure. We have used all our eggs retrieved from the retrieval and had two positive pregnancy that ended in miscarriages.
The clinic is very busy so understand they are busy but felt they took a long time in general and wouldn’t communicate what was the hold up unless I asked after waiting over 20 minutes on some occasions
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
This is a very busy clinic there isn’t another near by, the biggest weakness is the long wait. Also some of the staff is rough when the so ultrasounds. Strength is they are friendly and remember you. They are available on the phone to help if you can’t make it to the office.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
Sometimes the wait was long in the waiting room. The normal person I had was very friendly and gentle but when I had the nurse practitioner or another dr they were rough
Not positive for shots I think between 150-250 for IUI it was around 500 for ivf 10,00 for dr and laboratory all together it included one transfer after that every transfer was 1,500 for laboratory fees plus assisted hatching fee was 500
He explained the higher risk for complications with multiple
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Synn is very upfront about your fertility and the odds that you will get pregnant. He will answer any questions you have and be honest. Dr. Synn took the time to explain what problems I had developed with my fallopian tubes due to a past accident/disease I had. He didn't beat around the bush or try to convince me to do other treatments just to get money. He suggested I go straight to IVF.... During my consultation with Dr. Synn, he wanted to know every issue I have had and anything in my past that could have caused my infertility.
This clinic [Women's Specialty & Fertility Ctr] is very clean and the receptionists are able to answer a lot of questions and help get you in as soon as possible or work with your schedule. They block time during certain days for certain treatments so you hopefully don't have to wait weeks in between appointments based on your treatments. The clinic is located right next to a hospital so if you are having surgery, everything is within walking distance and they can assist you at the hospital.
Other, Prefer not to answer
During my consultation with Dr. Synn, he wanted to know every issue I have had and anything in my past that could have caused my infertility. When I told him about an accident I had as a 5 year old where I later developed an extensive case of Peritonitis, due to malpractice from the doctor treating me at that time, he showed concern that I could be having infertility issues due to that. He scheduled me to do numerous tests to check my reproductive system. When those were showing good signs, he still suspected there could be more to the story. I did several more ultrasounds, and we decided to do a surgery to remove what looked like cysts. During the surgery, Dr. Synn found that it was not cysts, but abscesses that had developed within mounds of scar tissue wrapped around my reproductive organs. He removed as much of the scar tissue as he could. That is where he saw that my fallopian tubes are severely damaged from the Peritonitis. After my surgery, he explained everything he saw and showed me pictures. This is when he was honest and told me my odds of getting pregnant naturally are below 1%. He suggested I don't waste my money with pills or injections any more and try IVF. I am currently getting ready to do IVF in the next month.
He is honest and will tell you what you need to hear. He always answers questions.
I tried a round of clomid to see if it would help, but my body showed no improvements. I will be undergoing IVF soon.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Missy)
I dealt with two nurse practitioners, Missy is the only one who I remember her name. However, they were both great to deal with. They were very helpful with answering questions.
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
I have had two friends use this clinic and they both recommended it to me when I first started. This clinic is very clean and the receptionists are able to answer a lot of questions and help get you in as soon as possible or work with your schedule. They block time during certain days for certain treatments so you hopefully don't have to wait weeks in between appointments based on your treatments. The clinic is located right next to a hospital so if you are having surgery, everything is within walking distance and they can assist you at the hospital.
My insurance covered most of the costs for my blood work, reproductive tests, prescriptions, and surgery. However, my insurance does not cover any costs once diagnosed as "infertile." I had to pay out of pocket for clomid and ultrasounds, and will now pay out of pocket for IVF as well. Dr. Synn offers Care Credit so I can make interest free payments on my bills.
Dr. Synn only allows up to two eggs be transferred during IVF.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
I felt that Dr. Synn was just there to do the consults and initial treatment but that you were just passed off to the nurses there who handled the ultrasounds and iui procedures. It felt like you were just a number there and he only treated the patients who had more expensive procedures.... There was not necessarily a strategy but all options were laid out and our chances with each. We could not afford to do an ivf or ivf with egg donor cycle so we opted to do an iui. The plan was to do follistim injections for 6-7 days then a trigger shot
I felt that they [Women's Specialty & Fert Ctr] had so many women coming through the clinic that it felt like they were just trying to get you in and out as quickly as possible.... The clinic's biggest weakness is that they are not well versed in insurance issues. If you have insurance then they make it so much more difficult to use it. Two different times they were supposed to start my insurance approval and forgot.... They incorrectly called in the wrong amount of menopur
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Be aware that the results you want may not be possible but don't let them talk you into an ivf or more drastic procedures if you can't afford it.
I felt that they had so many women coming through the clinic that it felt like they were just trying to get you in and out as quickly as possible.
There was not necessarily a strategy but all options were laid out and our chances with each. We could not afford to do an ivf or ivf with egg donor cycle so we opted to do an iui. The plan was to do follistim injections for 6-7 days then a trigger shot and the iui. When I received my medication order it had changed to follistim and menopur for 6-7 days then the trigger shot. The rationale was that by doing both medications it might help me release more eggs. They also had me start progesterone pills after the procedure. They said it would help support a baby and help my uterus after the medications/procedure.
Ashley did all of my ultrasounds and iui procedures. She showed immense compassion when we had a hiccup before the last procedure. She also fully explained the results of my husband's seven sample.
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
The clinic's biggest weakness is that they are not well versed in insurance issues. If you have insurance then they make it so much more difficult to use it. Two different times they were supposed to start my insurance approval and forgot. It wasn't until I called a few days later to check up that they finally started it. It seemed to me that most women who go there pay cash price for everything including medications so when someone comes in with insurance they are not as on top of it. There was also an example of when they tried to charge me full price for an iui procedure when it was supposed to go through my insurance first.
The costs of medication were roughly $2,500 each cycle. I do not have the approximate cost of the ultrasounds/procedures yet because they haven't completed billing with my insurance.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Carlos Sueldo] was vary personal with me and my husband the 1st time we met. He explain that I have PCOS abc that’s he would start me on medforman. We left that apt feeling vary hopefully. ... He also explained that the reason he was going to be doing that was because I was overweight and they have found with people overweight they respond more to famara then Clomid.
As a new patient it might take a little bit to get an appointment. But once you get an appointment everything else after that is very fast and easy to get into. They [Women's Specialty & Fertility Center] very clean efficient and I never waited longer than 30 minutes total for an appointment. ... The nursing staff is amazing, from the front desk to the ultrasound techs to anybody had to call in with questions. The Answer any questions that you have and go into detail of stuff that you bad have asked.
Dr. Carlos Sueldo was vary helpful. And we went into our first consultation appointment, he explained to me and my husband that i had pcos and that the course of treatment would be medforman with Famara 5 mg, the trigger shot and baby aspirin. He also explained that the reason he was going to be doing that was because I was overweight and they have found with people overweight they respond more to famara then Clomid. With my OB I had already done six rounds of Clomid to all the way up to 250 mg with out any results. I would go in to check my egg production right before I would do the trigger shot. We were only at the clinic for three rounds before I became pregnant.
The first appointment might take a little bit to get it but it was worth it
He was vary personal with me and my husband the 1st time we met. He explain that I have PCOS abc that’s he would start me on medforman. We left that apt feeling vary hopefully.
Dr. Sueldo did 5 mg of Fmara and trigger shot. Along side Medirman 850 mg. I also would get a ultrasound to see if I had cyst. If not we would move forward with the treatment. I did that for three rounds and he never increased or decreased the dosage. After the 3 round i was pregnant.
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
As a new patient it might take a little bit to get an appointment. But once you get an appointment everything else after that is very fast and easy to get into. They very clean efficient and I never waited longer than 30 minutes total for an appointment.
The cost I had there where my consultation appointment, any ultrasound appointment
1 IUI, IVF
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Our initial visit, he [Dr. Synn] was very informative but minimally compassionate. I was crying and no one even offered a tissue. Our follow up appointment he was very brief and when he told us my husband had a relapse of azoospermia, he quickly suggested donor sperm.... We have male factor with low count and motility. We started with 1 cycle of Clomid and natural. BFN. Then moved to IUI, using Clomid to stim and Ovidrel to trigger. BFN. We just completed IVF, stim using gonal-f, menopur only once and cetrotide only 2 doses. Triggered with Novarel and ovidrel. We had 7 eggs, 6 mature and 3 embryos.
Strengths [Women's Specialty & Fertility Ctr] are the nurses organization and knowledge of the process. Weaknesses are long wait times, limited phone answering hours, and not having you assigned to a designated nurse/doctor the whole time... There was a delay in communication with my specialty pharmacy, which caused me to receive my meds 2 days late. They had to figure everything out at the last minute, but there was a month between my consult appt and our cycle, so I felt it could have been better managed.
1 IUI, IVF
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Our initial visit, he was very informative but minimally compassionate. I was crying and no one even offered a tissue. Our follow up appointment he was very brief and when he told us my husband had a relapse of azoospermia, he quickly suggested donor sperm. We requested to see the other doctor there, which we ended up seeing but his schedule was more limited. We ended up with Synn again for our IVF consult, and he did a much better job at laying out the details and a answering our questions. He did not do any of my ultrasounds, or egg retrieval or embryo transfer, but he did make our phone call to let us know the progress of our embryos and schedule it. We would have preferred to have more consistency with which doctor we were seeing
Have your questions ready, and don’t be timid to ask them. Be prepared for long wait times.
Once the doctors were in the room, they did a decent job of communicating information, however their time with you was brief and the wait times were long
We have male factor with low count and motility. We started with 1 cycle of Clomid and natural. BFN. Then moved to IUI, using Clomid to stim and Ovidrel to trigger. BFN. We just completed IVF, stim using gonal-f, menopur only once and cetrotide only 2 doses. Triggered with Novarel and ovidrel. We had 7 eggs, 6 mature and 3 embryos. We did a day 3 transfer of a fresh grade 1 embryo yesterday!
They were pleasajt and helpful in answering questions. We saw about 5 different nurses during the course of our IVF experience
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
Strengths are the nurses organization and knowledge of the process. Weaknesses are long wait times, limited phone answering hours, and not having you assigned to a designated nurse/doctor the whole time
We did have some insurance coverage. Each ultrasound was about $200. Our meds would have been $6,300...however we only had to pay co-pays totaling $520. We had to give $7300 in deposits for the procedures, awaiting insurance coverage on that. Anesthesia was $375
We were told from the beginning that a singleton is better odds and it is not the goal of the clinic to do multiples. Yet, on our transfer day, Dr Sueldo (male) came in and said “so we’re putting in two”? We were very confused. We had not discussed that at all. We ended up just doing the one.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Synn is incredible always gave myself and my husband attention it was never just about me. Very calm and never rushed us during any appointment. We both really enjoyed him! ...every encounter with him was genuine and caring. We had a whole page of questions and he sat with us letting us ask every single one without rushing us. Even if we thought it was a silly question he answered it. I do wish from day one we would’ve went with Dr. Synn, he didn’t do our first two IUI’s and he did our third along with our IVF from start to finish.
The whole facility and staff at WSFC is incredible, during infertility treatments it is already a stressful time and they always made me feel welcome!...They are always busy.. Also waiting for the instructions after ultrasounds or anything I'd suggest just getting a phone call later or having them email it to you...Incredible, every single office staff was incredible from the front staff to the back staff. We never had a single complaint about the staff!
Dr. Synn is incredible always gave myself and my husband attention it was never just about me. Very calm and never rushed us during any appointment. We both really enjoyed him! One time during my last IUI my husband was getting a little light headed and Dr. Synn brought him in a chair and had the girls get him some juice. He is a very easy going guy and I feel like he is such a positive doctor in the situations that infertility brings up, the good and the bad. I don’t have anything bad to say about Dr. Synn every encounter with him was genuine and caring. We had a whole page of questions and he sat with us letting us ask every single one without rushing us. Even if we thought it was a silly question he answered it. I do wish from day one we would’ve went with Dr. Synn, he didn’t do our first two IUI’s and he did our third along with our IVF from start to finish. He just always seems happy to help and seems to really enjoy is job and being with us when we are with him, we always appreciated his time.
Ask for him from the get go! We started with the other doctor in the office without doing research on either one, and Dr. Synn is just more personable than the other doctor
I feel my protocol was pretty standard. For the IUI our first one we used clomid, our second two we used gonal-f. For our IVF we used gonal-f, menopur, endometrin, progesterone and cetrotide. Everything went great and looked great, I think when we do future IVF cycles I will make the point of focusing on quality over quantity to see if there is a different protocol for that.
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
They are always busy, there were times where my appt would be at 10am and I wouldn't get seen in the room until 10:30 so make sure you have time to spend. Also waiting for the instructions after ultrasounds or anything I'd suggest just getting a phone call later or having them email it to you. I once waited for 45 minutes then was told "we can email it to you later if you don't want to wait" which since I was missing work I would've done that from the get go. Just silly little things but seriously overall they are incredible!
From all our treatments of 2017 we spent $26,000 and change
We only ended with two 5 day embryos, my doctor suggested transferring only one and before that phone call my husband and I had agreed on transferring only one as well. So it was an easy conversation to have.

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
He was very thorough, which I appreciated. He was kind and compassionate yet gave us the facts in a way we could understand. My only complaint is that I felt like once we miscarried he made us feel as though it was no big deal, we'll just do it again. However, we don't have the funds t do it again so it was beyond a big deal to us. Even if we did have the funds to do it again, I still feel like he could have treated our miscarriage with more care so we weren't so hurt.
The nursing staff [at Women's Specialty and Fertility Center] was amazing. Caring, compassionate, thorough... Everything you want in nursing staff. They were kind and explained everything in detail so that we understood and answered all questions we had.... Very nice and clean clinic. Up to date technology, well organized, and kind staff. The office is ran like a well oiled machine and you feel like a human not a number. The nursing staff is especially amazing.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Bring a notebook! He's very thorough and explains everything in detail and you'll want to write it all down.
I mostly felt like a human with him, especially in the beginning and throughout the treatments. However, when we found out I miscarried, I felt as if he was too casual about it, like it was no big deal. It was hurtful.
I'm not sure of our protocol or exact dosages but we used gonal f and menopur. We had to use the menopur because a few of my follicles were getting too big. We also did two trigger shots (one in my stomach and one in my hip) before egg retrieval.
The nursing staff was amazing. Caring, compassionate, thorough... Everything you want in nursing staff. They were kind and explained everything in detail so that we understood and answered all questions we had.
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
All together (medications, co-pays, appointments, egg retrieval, transfer, etc) it was about $14,000.
He left that option totally up to us. He explained both options thoroughly then left the choice to us.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Synn is a very soft spoken caring RE.... I met with him each appointment however, I did not have my ultrasounds/scans or procedures (IUI) performed by him, which was not to my liking. In my eyes, I feel that he is the scientist and mathematician trying to determine the individuals’ cycle patterns in order to plan treatment. His staff then performs most out-patient procedures/treatments based around his recommendations.
I liked that the office [Women's Specialty and Fertility] was located in a building next to Clovis Community Hospital, where major procedures and his dileveries are performed. Also there’s a lab next door he uses for samples. His clinic is a very clean facility.... [Nursing Staff] Sweet ladies, they loved my humor! They try really hard to make sure the patient is comfortable.... each ultrasound ran $100 once I started clomid and Insurance stopped covering certain fertility treatments.
Dr. Synn is a reputable RE. I immediately felt trust toward his planning and treatment. I met with him each appointment however, I did not have my ultrasounds/scans or procedures (IUI) performed by him, which was not to my liking. In my eyes, I feel that he is the scientist and mathematician trying to determine the individuals’ cycle patterns in order to plan treatment. His staff then performs most out-patient procedures/treatments based around his recommendations.
Personally I feel that this is all chance. It’s about math (getting the numbers right) and you may get lucky. If you want it bad enough, you’ll keep gambling! And I’m not giving up, and you shouldn’t either!
Dr. Synn is a very soft spoken caring RE. As it was my 1st attempt with treatment, I was nervous, and he lifted the stress by stating, “...I do not want you to worry anymore...stop the obsessive charting...it’s time for you to relax and let me take on the stress...”
Started with him discontinuing my current methods of cycle charting to alleviate any stress. Next, 100mg clomid for 5 days (In various treatments, the start date would be adjusted as no pregnancy had occurred.) Also, throughout treatment I was introduced to estrogen, progesterone suppository , ovaldrill shots (to essientially try and control ovulation timing) and IUI. RESULTS: HIVES: allergic to one or a combination of meds being used, clomid gave my tongue blisters, progesterone capsules were red and would leak from being used like a suppository (always thought it was blood..don’t freak out it was the pills casings!) Over 6-7 clomid rounds, with 1 IUI attempt. (Dr. Synn did not perform the IUI, I was upset.) Resulting in me needing to take a break from treatment and regain my sanity!
Sweet ladies, they loved my humor! They try really hard to make sure the patient is comfortable. (Companionate)
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
I liked that the office was located in a building next to Clovis Community Hospital, where major procedures and his dileveries are performed. Also there’s a lab next door he uses for samples. His clinic is a very clean facility. And a ait times are semi-bearable for appointments!
I have insurance that was wonky about coverage. For me, copays for appointments were $15, like anywhere else. Yet, each ultrasound ran $100 once I started clomid and Insurance stopped covering certain fertility treatments. (By the way there’s a lot of ultrasounds when trying to observe eggs growing to the correct mm to then self enduce ovulation, with the ovadrill shot). I can’t remember how much the IUI cost, but I remember thinking, “...hmm, that’s not so bad for one shot at it...” Clomid ran me $30 each refill..not bad..and again I can’t really remember how much I paid for estrogen patches and progesterone. The Ovadrill shot each cycle would cost $120 and is NOT covered my insurance and was mailed from Texas.
2008 - 2015
Over the 7 and a half years we were seen and treated by Dr. Synn, not only were we blessed with our twins, we also formed wonderful relationships with Dr. Synn and some of his staff!... Dr. Synn is one of those doctors that knows all about his area of expertise, he's been around to see many patients and many different scenarios...so he really REALLY knows what he's talking about... But unlike so many of those special doctors that knows so much
Because we have not been there [Women's Specialty & Fertility Center] in a few years, it's hard to say what is the same and what is different now. I have heard from others about new staff and Dr. Synn having shorter hours in the clinic, then he did before... Dr. Synn and his staff were there for us and got us through to the other side of, what we thought for a while was, an impossible journey.... they felt like family. They knew all about what we were going through, in probably the toughest years of our lives.
2008 - 2015
Dr. Synn is one of those doctors that knows all about his area of expertise, he's been around to see many patients and many different scenarios...so he really REALLY knows what he's talking about... But unlike so many of those special doctors that knows so much...he has an AMAZING bedside manner!!! That is what really surprised us when first meeting him. He cares and he wants success for YOUR fertility journey. On one occasion, after a transfer, I ended up getting a horrible UTI. It was so bad, I could not get out of bed. At 3 o'clock in the morning, my husband called his exchange and he called right back and got meds to me asap! It was so comforting to know someone (a doctor!) was there for me when I really needed it. Another thing that really sticks out throughout our journey, was that after our failed IVF cycles, Dr. Synn would personally call and check on us... I couldn't be more grateful for these calls. If we didn't feel the way we do about Dr. Synn and his staff, we would not have continued to emotionally, physically and/or financially put ourselves through all of that heartache and pain for seven and a half years.
Document everything...you'll want to look back at your triumph!
Over the 7 and a half years we were seen and treated by Dr. Synn, not only were we blessed with our twins, we also formed wonderful relationships with Dr. Synn and some of his staff! We love them and think of them fondly. We were always treated as people...as important people! We are so grateful to have met and worked with Dr. Synn and all of the girls who were there during our time there.
I'm sorry, I can't remember specifics...
During our time at Dr. Synn's office, we absolutely fell in love with all of the girls there! Kim, Jessica, Sandra, Hilary, Missy, Tulea... (I'm sure I'm missing a couple 😣) were so much more than "nursing staff"...they felt like family. They knew all about what we were going through, in probably the toughest years of our lives. And they didn't take that lightly. They always had compassion...and they were always our loudest cheerleaders! If, and when, they needed to call with disappointing news, I always felt like that phone call was just as hard for them, as it was for us. They took the journey with us... We still take our twins in to visit and say hello to all of their "aunties"
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
Because we have not been there in a few years, it's hard to say what is the same and what is different now. I have heard from others about new staff and Dr. Synn having shorter hours in the clinic, then he did before... I've also heard about longer wait times and shorter, more "impersonal" visits. So, I'm not too sure about things now. But what I can say is that Dr. Synn and his staff were there for us and got us through to the other side of, what we thought for a while was, an impossible journey. He told us it was a numbers game and if we were able to stick with it, it would work...and it did. I truly hope the office is still running the way it did, back then, for us.

Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
He [Dr. Sueldo] was great to talk to. Told me exactly how the egg retrieval and transfer went. Was very honest and polite. ... He only allows 1 or 2 embryos to be transferred. ... Kept an open line of communication with the good and bad details of my odds of success because I have poor eggs and blocked tubes. ... Offered to let me call him with any questions. Came in on a Saturday when the office was closed for my transfer.
Clinic [Women's Specialty and Fertility] is very busy. Phones are constantly ringing so when calling in expect a wait time. Staff is always polite and welcoming. They help you in every way they can. Appointments are scheduled accordingly and they try to work with your schedule the best they can. They have a great payment plan for those who don't have insurance cover the costs. ... The three nurse practitioners are amazing at communicating.
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
He was great to talk to. Told me exactly how the egg retrieval and transfer went. Was very honest and polite. Kept an open line of communication with the good and bad details of my odds of success because I have poor eggs and blocked tubes. He found a pocket of fluid in scar tissue during my egg retrieval and drained it for my benefit.
Ask all the questions you can, he will answer everything truthfully!
He was very open about my case. Offered to let me call him with any questions. Came in on a Saturday when the office was closed for my transfer.
I had to use Follistim, Lupron, and Menopur before my egg retrieval because my follicle growth was low. I did estradial blood tests regularly so he could monitor it since my levels were normally low. After the retrieval I did injectible and vaginal inserts of progesterone.
The three nurse practitioners are amazing at communicating.
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
Clinic is very busy. Phones are constantly ringing so when calling in expect a wait time. Staff is always polite and welcoming. They help you in every way they can. Appointments are scheduled accordingly and they try to work with your schedule the best they can. They have a great payment plan for those who don't have insurance cover the costs.
$10,055 for IVF up front, $375 for anesthesia, approx $3,500 for medications, and $700 to freeze embryos.
He only allows 1 or 2 embryos to be transferred. He discussed the outcomes of a twin pregnancy vs. a single pregnancy.

2 IVF, Donor Sperm
Dr. Sueldo has GREAT bedside manner. She did her best to always be available to meet the needs of my working schedule. She explained our options clearly but never pressured us to make a decision that we were uneasy about. She is very knowledgeable about the IVF process and is honest about all possible outcomes. Although we did not get the results we wanted. Dr. Sueldo was positive and encouraging to not give up on us.
Everyone is kind. The front desk ladies [Women's Fertility Clinic] are eager to greet you and ask how you are doing. ... They did get a little behind sometimes causing the wait time to be a little long. ... One nurse did give me the wrong instructions on medication that I needed to take and how often. Luckily it didn’t mess up my results too much, and I do think she was talked to about it not happening again.
2 IVF, Donor Sperm
Be patient and trust Dr. Sueldo she knows what she’s doing and will make you feel very comfortable during a very uncomfortable season.
Carolina was warm and caring. She was always available for any questions and seemed to genuinely care about us and our best outcome.
Dr. Sueldo got me quickly in the right IVF meds and monitored my blood levels very closely. She adjusted medications to get the most amount of eggs retrieved. She advised us to use a sperm donor because our first cycle showed very little mobility of sperm and so she wanted us to have our best chance of a successful pregnancy.
The nursing staff was warm and welcoming. They always cared and made a relationship with me.
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
The clinic is a well oiled machine. There are lots of people on staff to keep you moving through. They did get a little behind sometimes causing the wait time to be a little long. Everyone is kind. The front desk ladies are eager to greet you and ask how you are doing.
Each cycle has been about $15,000 in total for meds, egg retrieval, and transfer.

Tubal Blockage, Other
He [Dr. Synn] has a very realistic/pesimistic attitude. I didn't feel as if he was doing everything he could. I felt kind of like a conveyer and this is our system so that's what you will do. Not a great bedside manner, not rude but not warm either....He is a very educated man in his field. It was very much so this is the steps so lets do them one after the other and that was it. He is a very straight forward man. Not a warm person, but talented in what he does.
The Strengths [Women's Speciality & Fertility] would be Communication and scheduling. They were able to get me in when I needed. Work with my schedule. They also made sure I was clear on instructions and made sure any questions were answered. The weaknesses were there was not much information on how to save money or financial avenues that can be taken. When you're doing this out of pocket it would be nice to be informed more....The nursing staff is why I would go back. They are more than helpful, supportive, warm and kind. I couldn't have asked for a better nursing team.
Tubal Blockage, Other
Make sure you ask him everything you are wondering. He glances over things quickly and may not address your concerns.
He has a very realistic/pesimistic attitude. I didn't feel as if he was doing everything he could. I felt kind of like a conveyer and this is our system so that's what you will do. Not a great bedside manner, not rude but not warm either.
IVF Egg Retrieval with him. We did hormones and shots including menapure and estrogen which seems to be common for most women doing this procedure. He adapted to my unique anatomy well I believe.
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
The Strengths would be Communication and scheduling. They were able to get me in when I needed. Work with my schedule. They also made sure I was clear on instructions and made sure any questions were answered. The weaknesses were there was not much information on how to save money or financial avenues that can be taken. When you're doing this out of pocket it would be nice to be informed more.
25 Thousand
He strongly recommended single, almost to the point that multiple was not an option for me.

2013 - 2017
I was asked if I would like to transfer 1 or 2 embryos. My dr said I was healthy and tall so my body could handle twins. ... I felt dr synn was very kind and explained everything well. All my questions were answered and I felt he really cared about me as a person. I never had any concerns with my care with him. He gave us realistic odds and I felt everything went the way he said it would. ...
The only thing I remember not liking was the front receptionist, I thought she was rude. Everyone else was kind, I was in and out quickly for my appointments. The office is in a nice area. As far as I know this is the only clinic in Fresno so I didn't have options, but I was very happy with the drs and my treatment ... [Nurse] She was very kind, always answered my questions, explained everything well. She remembered details about my life not pertaining to my treatment
2013 - 2017
European, Latino
Ask all questions, don't be afraid and be completely honest.
I was always treated kindly, the drs and staff remembered me and made conversation.
My egg retrieval was in 2013 so it's hard to remember all the details. I was started on birth control to regulate my period. I remember the daily injections in my stomach and the trigger shot in my butt. I had many follicles and the egg retrieval went well. I had 20 retrieved.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Missy montes)
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
Over $20,000 for the first cycle with egg retrieval and no insurance, about $2,000 for fet and insurance
I was asked if I would like to transfer 1 or 2 embryos. My dr said I was healthy and tall so my body could handle twins. We transfered 2 and had 1 baby, second round we also transferred 2 and had twins
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Synn was very candid and thorough with his suggestions of care. He answered every question with compassion and gave his honest opinion. He showed optimism and made me feel very comfortable. Dr. Synn is blunt and tells you exactly as he sees it. This approach seemed harsh, but I was grateful for his honesty...Because I had a diminishing ovarian reserve, Dr. Synn chose to have me take 50mg of Femara at beginning of my cycle to mature my eggs. The growing of my follices was monitored via vaginal ultrasound. To start ovulation, I would use a 250mcg Ovidrel Injection once a month. Insurance did not cover any of these treatments, his office offers discounts for private pay patients, so as I was paying minimal privately. Some cycles I used 200mg vaginal Progesterone, to thicken my uterine lining. Other cycles I used .1mg Minivelle patch (estrogen) to thicken my endometrial lining.
My insurance did not cover treatment [at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center]. The clinic gave a discount for private pay, and my insurance did cover some medications...I was comfortable with the fact that I would always see the same staff. I felt like seeing the same nurses and practioners at each appointment, made me feel like the staff was more invested in my journey...Because I had a diminishing ovarian reserve, Dr. Synn chose to have me take 50mg of Femara at beginning of my cycle to mature my eggs. The growing of my follices was monitored via vaginal ultrasound. To start ovulation, I would use a 250mcg Ovidrel Injection once a month. Insurance did not cover any of these treatments, his office offers discounts for private pay patients, so as I was paying minimal privately. Some cycles I used 200mg vaginal Progesterone, to thicken my uterine lining. Other cycles I used .1mg Minivelle patch (estrogen) to thicken my endometrial lining.
Dr. Synn can seem very intimidating, but his honesty could save you time and money on your journey.
My insurance did not cover treatment. The clinic gave a discount for private pay, and my insurance did cover some medications.

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
He [Dr. Michael Synn] is very thorough in explaining everything. He never rushed me and really helped me feel comfortable and confident. He answered all my questions and left me feeling like he really cared.... He played it safe always. I started treatment for blocked tubes. After a successful pregnancy previously we knew that I could carry a baby and so he never pushed things. He explained the chances of multiples and he would suggest different things with reason and explain it.
Parking isn't the best [at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center]. But the building is newer and it is super nice and clean. The elevator makes it easier to get to the actual clinic rather than taking a flight of stairs. The clinic is large and the waiting room is spacious. The chairs are comfortable.... They [the nurses] are warm and inviting. They keep the place running in a timely manner and took the time to get to know me.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
He is very thorough in explaining everything. He never rushed me and really helped me feel comfortable and confident. He answered all my questions and left me feeling like he really cared. I have yet to find a weakness in him.
Ask as many questions as you can. He will help you feel confident and comfortable.
The staff and dr got to know me and were very friendly. I felt welcome from the start.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jessica)
They are warm and inviting. They keep the place running in a timely manner and took the time to get to know me.
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
Parking isn't the best. But the building is newer and it is super nice and clean. The elevator makes it easier to get to the actual clinic rather than taking a flight of stairs. The clinic is large and the waiting room is spacious. The chairs are comfortable.
Because I have a healthy uterus he explained that it would be healthy and safe to only go for one embryo because multiples make my pregnancy a higher risk.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Our experience with Dr. Sueldo is the best! He is always there when we need him, always cares and so Very smart! Although this IVF journey can be overwhelming he made it very calm and easy.... Had egg retrevial 26 eggs extracted 6 survived after being genetically tested They were frozen Did transfers and now pregnant and praying for successful pregnancy.... He was always there when I had a question. He always makes time for me and is very kind, thoughtful, smart and informative! We are so lucky to have him as our doctor!
Strengths [of Women's Specialty and Fertility Center] are caring, kind, make the process easy, have experinence, smart, and easy to communicate with... The office and drs are amazing. Highly recommend Dr. Sueldo, he knows so much and knows what he is doing! Lots of wonderful years of experience. Have nothing but nice and wonderful things to say about him.... [The nurse is] Wonderful, very informative. If I had a question she always got right back to me
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Our experience with Dr. Sueldo is the best! He is always there when we need him, always cares and so Very smart! Although this IVF journey can be overwhelming he made it very calm and easy! The office and drs are amazing. Highly recommend Dr. Sueldo, he knows so much and knows what he is doing! Lots of wonderful years of experience. Have nothing but nice and wonderful things to say about him.
Relax, although it is a long process this office and these drs will make it easy and it will be worth it in the end. The office staff will become really good friends to you!
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
Strengths are caring, kind, make the process easy, have experinence, smart, and easy to communicate with
Depends on if you get genetically tested embryos. It was the most affordable that I saw after interviewing 3 other drs
Everybody is different, just depends on what the dr thinks in regards to transferring one or two

2012 - 2016
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
He [Dr. Michael Synn] is a great doctor. Explained everything to me in terms I could understand. Gave me the options and let me make the decision that was best for me and my husband. Never pushed us in to a treatment we weren't comfortable with.... But my body was a very poor responder to most all medications and he was very patient with me and kept adjusting until we found what worked for me.
I have been seen at this clinic [Women's Specialty and Fertility Center] for many years. Everyone knows me by name and face and always greets me with a smile and asked how I have been. And they are very sensitive to my losses. Especially the preterm labor and loss of my daughter.... Sometimes wait times can be a little long. But very affordable clinic as well.... Ivf was under $8000.... I was always greeted with a smile and everyone knew me by name. Not by looking at my chart. They were always looking for a way to help me out, whether with rescheduling appointments, or giving me sample meds to get me by because we were on a tight budget.
2012 - 2016
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
He is a great doctor. Explained everything to me in terms I could understand. Gave me the options and let me make the decision that was best for me and my husband. Never pushed us in to a treatment we weren't comfortable with.
Ask a lot of questions and take notes.
I have been seen at this clinic for many years. Everyone knows me by name and face and always greets me with a smile and asked how I have been. And they are very sensitive to my losses. Especially the preterm labor and loss of my daughter.
I don't remember exactly. But my body was a very poor responder to most all medications and he was very patient with me and kept adjusting until we found what worked for me.
Always very friendly. I was always greeted with a smile and everyone knew me by name. Not by looking at my chart. They were always looking for a way to help me out, whether with rescheduling appointments, or giving me sample meds to get me by because we were on a tight budget.
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
Great clinic and friendly staff. Sometimes wait times can be a little long. But very affordable clinic as well
Don't remember exacts. But the ivf was under $8000. We also did icsi and frozen restore embryos. Can't remember the cost of those
I was given the option of putting one or 2 embryos back. We chose to do 2 with all my transfers.
+ Read more- Read less

I have had a great experience so far there Dr Synn is knowledgeable and kind I feel like he is open to anything I may want to move forward with or want to explore and that's important to me, while going through all of this. ... I believe each case is different for me of course I had diagnostic testing then I needed two surgeries to find more information, I then did medicated cycles IUI I am on my third IUI
I love the location [Women's Speciality and Fertility Center Clovis] plenty of parking and it is very quiet and clean all the time in the office, they try their best to get you in asap and whenever you may need. They are super interesting in your concerns and wishes ... All coordinations and staff are so knowledgeable and helpful ... sweet staff all very informative and kind, open mot my decisions
they move fast be prepared to start when your ready
sweet staff all very informative and kind, open mot my decisions
All coordinations and staff are so knowledgeable and helpful
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
I love the location plenty of parking and it is very quiet and clean all the time in the office, they try their best to get you in asap and whenever you may need. They are super interesting in your concerns and wishes
My cost were not covered by insurance and I believe are a lot lower than those in the area
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Synn was thorough and helpful when we asked for an additional consult several months into treatment. He was kind and answered all our many questions. I haven't seen him often but when I have met him he's been very nice.... They [Women's Specialty & Fertility Center] are busy, and they have a lot of people coming through each day. Be prepared to be patient at all visits! You will usually have to wait when you get there, wait in the exam room, wait in the waiting room
The staff [Women's Specialty & Fertility Center] makes an effort to learn patient names and they are warm and kind.... They are busy, and they have a lot of people coming through each day. Be prepared to be patient at all visits! You will usually have to wait when you get there, wait in the exam room, wait in the waiting room...but that's because they are providing kind and compassionate service to all the many patients!
The staff makes an effort to learn patient names and they are warm and kind.
The staff knows my name. When I call they are helpful and kind. I feel welcome and like they care.
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
Insurance covers some, but in general the office staff knows very well how best to navigate billing in general.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
He [Dr. Michael Synn] was knowledgeable and shared the expected outcomes. He was positive and had a good bedside manner. It is a very busy office, at times i felt rushed. I wished he would've given us other options after IVF didnt work..... This was an emotional journey. He listened while i cried and presented the best and worst case scenarios.... Push to discuss all your options and what plan A,B,C would look like.
Very busy clinic [Women's Specialty and Fertility Center]. Get there early,expect to wait. Hard to see other patients who have good news when you're not successful. They should account for that with office layout or appointment times.... He was knowledgeable and shared the expected outcomes. He was positive and had a good bedside manner. It is a very busy office, at times i felt rushed. I wished he would've given us other options after IVF didnt work.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Push to discuss all your options and what plan A,B,C would look like.
Bery informative in person and on the phone.
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
Very busy clinic. Get there early,expect to wait. Hard to see other patients who have good news when you're not successful. They should account for that with office layout or appointment times.
My insurance covered only a once in a lifetime amount of $5k. I got a personal loan of $10k to cover the rest. This included two rounds of fertility injections, ICSI, IUI, and associated ultrasounds and visits.
The doctor did not have a strong preference although would not transfer more than 3.
2007 - 2012
Endometriosis, Male Factor
I remember Dr. Synn having a very laid back attitude. He was very factual and I felt that he really wanted to help us. At one point we felt he was pushing for IVF when we wanted to try less invasive and less expensive treatment. Looking back, I see why he probably felt this way.... The staff was very knowledgeable and they remembered what was going on with our situation without having to be reminded....Our insurance covered the treatment we were undergoing at that time.
The clinic [Women's Specialty & Fertility Cntr] was very organized and clean. Everyone was friendly and patient. They did what they said they would do. They were very professional but I never felt like a number. You could tell they were experienced and they enjoyed their work. You could also tell they understand the nature of their work and that was reflected in how they deal with patients.... The staff was very knowledgeable
2007 - 2012
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
The clinic was very organized and clean. Everyone was friendly and patient. They did what they said they would do. They were very professional but I never felt like a number. You could tell they were experienced and they enjoyed their work. You could also tell they understand the nature of their work and that was reflected in how they deal with patients.
Our insurance covered the treatment we were undergoing at that time.
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Carolina Sueldo] was very through on the information so gave us for the IUI. Made sure that she knew all of my medical history...Very kind, knowledgeable, and to the point with all the information that was given to my husband and I. Never felt like we were numbers. She really took her time with us and made sure we understood everything...IUI- took clomid for 5 days, ultrasounds in between to see how my eggs were growing, and then trigger shot when they were ready. 2 days later husband gave semen sample and then 1 hour later the NP did the IUI.
They [the nurses at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center] were very nice, compassionate, knowledge of my situation...Strengths: very educated, organized, compassionate. Went above and beyond with everything they did for my husband and I. I haven’t seen a weakness yet in there organization. They have been super on top of everything...Ask questions and have them break everything down that you don’t understand. Their office is very good about this.
She was very through on the information so gave us for the IUI. Made sure that she knew all of my medical history
They were very nice, compassionate, knowledge of my situation.
+ Read more- Read less

[Dr. Sueldo was] Very friendly and warm, super informative, went over all our options and what she thought was the best course of action for us based on our test results, did a deep dive of our charts and contacted us the next day to review what she had gone over.... Very straight forward while being very compassionate and understanding, seemed extremely knowledgable citing a few recent studies and drawing on her experience working arou d the country, really really swell gal
Very nice space located next to clovus community hospital, large waiting room with a large tv and other entertainment materials, the offices [Women's Specialty & Fertility Center] were large and nicely furnished, nice paint and flooring and the nurses sat behind desks... [Dr. Suedlo was] Very friendly and warm, super informative, went over all our options and what she thought was the best course of action for us
Dont hold back
Very diligent and compassionate
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
Very nice space located next to clovus community hospital, large waiting room with a large tv and other entertainment materials, the offices were large and nicely furnished, nice paint and flooring and the nurses sat behind desks