Genetic counseling: Offered
Selling medication: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
729 North Medical Center
Clovis, CA 93611
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Women's Specialty & Fertility Center to a friend?

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
They don’t answer their phones until 8:30 or sometimes later in the morning and they also take lunch for over an hour. They also have exchange that takes their calls but sometimes it’s not helpful when I need to talk to a nurse. ... They are will to help in anyway they can. ... They [nurses] are compassionate, well educated, and they love their job. ... I think overall with medication and treatment it was like $19,000 total for one round of IVF, two transfers and freezing two eggs.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
They have so many strengths! I really love this doctors office. They are will to help in anyway they can. They don’t answer their phones until 8:30 or sometimes later in the morning and they also take lunch for over an hour. They also have exchange that takes their calls but sometimes it’s not helpful when I need to talk to a nurse.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carlos Sueldo at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center?
Dr. Sueldo is amazing. He’s calm and answers all my questions. Even when I don’t understand he goes over it again. He makes sure I feel comfortable with the treatment and next steps. When I had my miscarriages he was there to help me navigate through a natural miscarriage or having surgery. He makes me feel like I matter to him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Marissa)
They are all amazing! They are compassionate, well educated, and they love their job. They made me feel like I was at home in the office.
How was your experience with Carlos Sueldo at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center?
Dr. Sueldo is the perfect doctor for me. He takes the time I need to explain all the options for my treatment. He did all my ultrasounds, the egg retrieval, and two tranfers and was able to share next steps when things didn’t go a planned. He’s a calm and thoughtful man who wants each of his clients to have success. When I was struggling with bleeding while I was pregnant, he rearranged his schedule to make sure I was seen in the office by him. When it turned out I was having a miscarriage he was the one to do a D&C on me. My husband feels comfortable with Dr. Sueldo and trusts his judgment. With all my heartache through this process Dr. Sueldo has helped me see the light that a baby is possible.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carlos Sueldo at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center?
My piece of advice is to have thick skin because the results might not always go your way or it might take longer then you want it to take! Dr. Sueldo is wonderful and will answer any and all questions. He also is very current in his reading on infertility and different studies. He makes sure to change his protocols to treatment as needed.
Describe the protocols Carlos Sueldo used in your cycles at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I don’t remember this. I know I followed exactly what he told me to do though.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Carlos Sueldo at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
Describe Carlos Sueldo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
Dr. Sueldo suggest that because of my age, 36, that I could do one or two embryo transfers. My husband and I chose to transfer two embryos on two different ocassions. We’re still waiting for a successful full term pregnancy. I haven’t made it out of the first trimester.
Clovis

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Carlos Sueldo at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other, Unexplained
Strengths are keeping records and your file current. It makes a smooth experience because everyone knows what's going on. The office [Women's Specialty & Fertility] is so super clean. The giant to flat screen always has something amazing tuned on. Weakness would be when calling there is a lot of being put on hold. ... There was only one receptionist who was "ehh." The rest of the entire office is amazing, friendly, and so helpful.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
Strengths are keeping records and your file current. It makes a smooth experience because everyone knows what's going on. The office is so super clean. The giant to flat screen always has something amazing tuned on. Weakness would be when calling there is a lot of being put on hold.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carolina M. Sueldo at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center?
She gives you hugs like a real person. When she asks how you are and in her eyes she truly cares!!
How was your experience with Carolina M. Sueldo at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center?
Dr C is amazing. I have to say it's also refreshing having your Endo reproductive Dr. be a female. She just understands and makes you feel the most comfortable you've ever felt. She gives you realistic updates and hopes. She sets easy and understandable plans of action! She remember who you are when she sees you for your apt. Once I was leaving, and in the hallways I saw her consulting with her father Dr. Carlos Sueldo. And I didn't think she would look up, and I didn't want to bother her. But not only did she see me walk by, she paused taking to her father and walked over to me to give me a hug and ask how I was doing!! Unheard-of, to me, to see a Dr that shows so much love to their patients and to genuinely care about their needs!!!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carolina M. Sueldo at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center?
Be prepared to get a ton of info!!!
Describe the protocols Carolina M. Sueldo used in your cycles at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center and their degree of success.
My blood works all seemed normal. So clomid we went. Off to the races. 5 days and not one mature follicle. We then moved the dosage up. Once again, nothing. Moved the dosage to the max. Then once again, nothing. Now it's injectable time. 150 dose of Hmg for 4 nights then if to see if it works. I'm currently still working with her. And Friday I will get an update on how it's going. Fingers crossed and prayers galore.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Carolina M. Sueldo at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
So
Describe Carolina M. Sueldo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
Carolina M. Sueldo
Clovis
This clinic [Women's Specialty & Fertility Ctr] is very clean and the receptionists are able to answer a lot of questions and help get you in as soon as possible or work with your schedule. They block time during certain days for certain treatments so you hopefully don't have to wait weeks in between appointments based on your treatments. The clinic is located right next to a hospital so if you are having surgery, everything is within walking distance and they can assist you at the hospital.
Other, Prefer not to answer
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
I have had two friends use this clinic and they both recommended it to me when I first started. This clinic is very clean and the receptionists are able to answer a lot of questions and help get you in as soon as possible or work with your schedule. They block time during certain days for certain treatments so you hopefully don't have to wait weeks in between appointments based on your treatments. The clinic is located right next to a hospital so if you are having surgery, everything is within walking distance and they can assist you at the hospital.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Synn at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center?
Dr. Synn is very upfront about your fertility and the odds that you will get pregnant. He will answer any questions you have and be honest. Dr. Synn took the time to explain what problems I had developed with my fallopian tubes due to a past accident/disease I had. He didn't beat around the bush or try to convince me to do other treatments just to get money. He suggested I go straight to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Missy)
I dealt with two nurse practitioners, Missy is the only one who I remember her name. However, they were both great to deal with. They were very helpful with answering questions.
How was your experience with Michael Synn at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center?
During my consultation with Dr. Synn, he wanted to know every issue I have had and anything in my past that could have caused my infertility. When I told him about an accident I had as a 5 year old where I later developed an extensive case of Peritonitis, due to malpractice from the doctor treating me at that time, he showed concern that I could be having infertility issues due to that. He scheduled me to do numerous tests to check my reproductive system. When those were showing good signs, he still suspected there could be more to the story. I did several more ultrasounds, and we decided to do a surgery to remove what looked like cysts. During the surgery, Dr. Synn found that it was not cysts, but abscesses that had developed within mounds of scar tissue wrapped around my reproductive organs. He removed as much of the scar tissue as he could. That is where he saw that my fallopian tubes are severely damaged from the Peritonitis. After my surgery, he explained everything he saw and showed me pictures. This is when he was honest and told me my odds of getting pregnant naturally are below 1%. He suggested I don't waste my money with pills or injections any more and try IVF. I am currently getting ready to do IVF in the next month.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Synn at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center?
He is honest and will tell you what you need to hear. He always answers questions.
Describe the protocols Michael Synn used in your cycles at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I tried a round of clomid to see if it would help, but my body showed no improvements. I will be undergoing IVF soon.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Synn at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
My insurance covered most of the costs for my blood work, reproductive tests, prescriptions, and surgery. However, my insurance does not cover any costs once diagnosed as "infertile." I had to pay out of pocket for clomid and ultrasounds, and will now pay out of pocket for IVF as well. Dr. Synn offers Care Credit so I can make interest free payments on my bills.
Describe Michael Synn's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
Dr. Synn only allows up to two eggs be transferred during IVF.
Clovis

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Michael Synn at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
I felt that they [Women's Specialty & Fert Ctr] had so many women coming through the clinic that it felt like they were just trying to get you in and out as quickly as possible.... The clinic's biggest weakness is that they are not well versed in insurance issues. If you have insurance then they make it so much more difficult to use it. Two different times they were supposed to start my insurance approval and forgot.... They incorrectly called in the wrong amount of menopur
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
The clinic's biggest weakness is that they are not well versed in insurance issues. If you have insurance then they make it so much more difficult to use it. Two different times they were supposed to start my insurance approval and forgot. It wasn't until I called a few days later to check up that they finally started it. It seemed to me that most women who go there pay cash price for everything including medications so when someone comes in with insurance they are not as on top of it. There was also an example of when they tried to charge me full price for an iui procedure when it was supposed to go through my insurance first.
I felt that they had so many women coming through the clinic that it felt like they were just trying to get you in and out as quickly as possible.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Ashley)
Ashley did all of my ultrasounds and iui procedures. She showed immense compassion when we had a hiccup before the last procedure. She also fully explained the results of my husband's seven sample.
What specific things went wrong at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center?
I felt that Dr. Synn was just there to do the consults and initial treatment but that you were just passed off to the nurses there who handled the ultrasounds and iui procedures. It felt like you were just a number there and he only treated the patients who had more expensive procedures.
Be aware that the results you want may not be possible but don't let them talk you into an ivf or more drastic procedures if you can't afford it.
There was not necessarily a strategy but all options were laid out and our chances with each. We could not afford to do an ivf or ivf with egg donor cycle so we opted to do an iui. The plan was to do follistim injections for 6-7 days then a trigger shot and the iui. When I received my medication order it had changed to follistim and menopur for 6-7 days then the trigger shot. The rationale was that by doing both medications it might help me release more eggs. They also had me start progesterone pills after the procedure. They said it would help support a baby and help my uterus after the medications/procedure.
The costs of medication were roughly $2,500 each cycle. I do not have the approximate cost of the ultrasounds/procedures yet because they haven't completed billing with my insurance.
Clovis

As a new patient it might take a little bit to get an appointment. But once you get an appointment everything else after that is very fast and easy to get into. They [Women's Specialty & Fertility Center] very clean efficient and I never waited longer than 30 minutes total for an appointment. ... The nursing staff is amazing, from the front desk to the ultrasound techs to anybody had to call in with questions. The Answer any questions that you have and go into detail of stuff that you bad have asked.
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
As a new patient it might take a little bit to get an appointment. But once you get an appointment everything else after that is very fast and easy to get into. They very clean efficient and I never waited longer than 30 minutes total for an appointment.
He was vary personal with me and my husband the 1st time we met. He explain that I have PCOS abc that’s he would start me on medforman. We left that apt feeling vary hopefully.
Dr. Carlos Sueldo was vary helpful. And we went into our first consultation appointment, he explained to me and my husband that i had pcos and that the course of treatment would be medforman with Famara 5 mg, the trigger shot and baby aspirin. He also explained that the reason he was going to be doing that was because I was overweight and they have found with people overweight they respond more to famara then Clomid. With my OB I had already done six rounds of Clomid to all the way up to 250 mg with out any results. I would go in to check my egg production right before I would do the trigger shot. We were only at the clinic for three rounds before I became pregnant.
The first appointment might take a little bit to get it but it was worth it
Dr. Sueldo did 5 mg of Fmara and trigger shot. Along side Medirman 850 mg. I also would get a ultrasound to see if I had cyst. If not we would move forward with the treatment. I did that for three rounds and he never increased or decreased the dosage. After the 3 round i was pregnant.
The cost I had there where my consultation appointment, any ultrasound appointment
1 IUI, IVF
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Strengths [Women's Specialty & Fertility Ctr] are the nurses organization and knowledge of the process. Weaknesses are long wait times, limited phone answering hours, and not having you assigned to a designated nurse/doctor the whole time... There was a delay in communication with my specialty pharmacy, which caused me to receive my meds 2 days late. They had to figure everything out at the last minute, but there was a month between my consult appt and our cycle, so I felt it could have been better managed.
1 IUI, IVF
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
Strengths are the nurses organization and knowledge of the process. Weaknesses are long wait times, limited phone answering hours, and not having you assigned to a designated nurse/doctor the whole time
Once the doctors were in the room, they did a decent job of communicating information, however their time with you was brief and the wait times were long
They were pleasajt and helpful in answering questions. We saw about 5 different nurses during the course of our IVF experience
What specific things went wrong at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center?
Our initial visit, he was very informative but minimally compassionate. I was crying and no one even offered a tissue. Our follow up appointment he was very brief and when he told us my husband had a relapse of azoospermia, he quickly suggested donor sperm. We requested to see the other doctor there, which we ended up seeing but his schedule was more limited. We ended up with Synn again for our IVF consult, and he did a much better job at laying out the details and a answering our questions. He did not do any of my ultrasounds, or egg retrieval or embryo transfer, but he did make our phone call to let us know the progress of our embryos and schedule it. We would have preferred to have more consistency with which doctor we were seeing
Have your questions ready, and don’t be timid to ask them. Be prepared for long wait times.
We have male factor with low count and motility. We started with 1 cycle of Clomid and natural. BFN. Then moved to IUI, using Clomid to stim and Ovidrel to trigger. BFN. We just completed IVF, stim using gonal-f, menopur only once and cetrotide only 2 doses. Triggered with Novarel and ovidrel. We had 7 eggs, 6 mature and 3 embryos. We did a day 3 transfer of a fresh grade 1 embryo yesterday!
We did have some insurance coverage. Each ultrasound was about $200. Our meds would have been $6,300...however we only had to pay co-pays totaling $520. We had to give $7300 in deposits for the procedures, awaiting insurance coverage on that. Anesthesia was $375
We were told from the beginning that a singleton is better odds and it is not the goal of the clinic to do multiples. Yet, on our transfer day, Dr Sueldo (male) came in and said “so we’re putting in two”? We were very confused. We had not discussed that at all. We ended up just doing the one.
Clovis

The whole facility and staff at WSFC is incredible, during infertility treatments it is already a stressful time and they always made me feel welcome!...They are always busy.. Also waiting for the instructions after ultrasounds or anything I'd suggest just getting a phone call later or having them email it to you...Incredible, every single office staff was incredible from the front staff to the back staff. We never had a single complaint about the staff!
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
They are always busy, there were times where my appt would be at 10am and I wouldn't get seen in the room until 10:30 so make sure you have time to spend. Also waiting for the instructions after ultrasounds or anything I'd suggest just getting a phone call later or having them email it to you. I once waited for 45 minutes then was told "we can email it to you later if you don't want to wait" which since I was missing work I would've done that from the get go. Just silly little things but seriously overall they are incredible!
Dr. Synn is incredible always gave myself and my husband attention it was never just about me. Very calm and never rushed us during any appointment. We both really enjoyed him! One time during my last IUI my husband was getting a little light headed and Dr. Synn brought him in a chair and had the girls get him some juice. He is a very easy going guy and I feel like he is such a positive doctor in the situations that infertility brings up, the good and the bad. I don’t have anything bad to say about Dr. Synn every encounter with him was genuine and caring. We had a whole page of questions and he sat with us letting us ask every single one without rushing us. Even if we thought it was a silly question he answered it. I do wish from day one we would’ve went with Dr. Synn, he didn’t do our first two IUI’s and he did our third along with our IVF from start to finish. He just always seems happy to help and seems to really enjoy is job and being with us when we are with him, we always appreciated his time.
Ask for him from the get go! We started with the other doctor in the office without doing research on either one, and Dr. Synn is just more personable than the other doctor
I feel my protocol was pretty standard. For the IUI our first one we used clomid, our second two we used gonal-f. For our IVF we used gonal-f, menopur, endometrin, progesterone and cetrotide. Everything went great and looked great, I think when we do future IVF cycles I will make the point of focusing on quality over quantity to see if there is a different protocol for that.
From all our treatments of 2017 we spent $26,000 and change
We only ended with two 5 day embryos, my doctor suggested transferring only one and before that phone call my husband and I had agreed on transferring only one as well. So it was an easy conversation to have.

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
The nursing staff [at Women's Specialty and Fertility Center] was amazing. Caring, compassionate, thorough... Everything you want in nursing staff. They were kind and explained everything in detail so that we understood and answered all questions we had.... Very nice and clean clinic. Up to date technology, well organized, and kind staff. The office is ran like a well oiled machine and you feel like a human not a number. The nursing staff is especially amazing.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
I mostly felt like a human with him, especially in the beginning and throughout the treatments. However, when we found out I miscarried, I felt as if he was too casual about it, like it was no big deal. It was hurtful.
The nursing staff was amazing. Caring, compassionate, thorough... Everything you want in nursing staff. They were kind and explained everything in detail so that we understood and answered all questions we had.
He was very thorough, which I appreciated. He was kind and compassionate yet gave us the facts in a way we could understand. My only complaint is that I felt like once we miscarried he made us feel as though it was no big deal, we'll just do it again. However, we don't have the funds t do it again so it was beyond a big deal to us. Even if we did have the funds to do it again, I still feel like he could have treated our miscarriage with more care so we weren't so hurt.
Bring a notebook! He's very thorough and explains everything in detail and you'll want to write it all down.
I'm not sure of our protocol or exact dosages but we used gonal f and menopur. We had to use the menopur because a few of my follicles were getting too big. We also did two trigger shots (one in my stomach and one in my hip) before egg retrieval.
All together (medications, co-pays, appointments, egg retrieval, transfer, etc) it was about $14,000.
He left that option totally up to us. He explained both options thoroughly then left the choice to us.
Clovis

I liked that the office [Women's Specialty and Fertility] was located in a building next to Clovis Community Hospital, where major procedures and his dileveries are performed. Also there’s a lab next door he uses for samples. His clinic is a very clean facility.... [Nursing Staff] Sweet ladies, they loved my humor! They try really hard to make sure the patient is comfortable.... each ultrasound ran $100 once I started clomid and Insurance stopped covering certain fertility treatments.
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
I liked that the office was located in a building next to Clovis Community Hospital, where major procedures and his dileveries are performed. Also there’s a lab next door he uses for samples. His clinic is a very clean facility. And a ait times are semi-bearable for appointments!
Dr. Synn is a very soft spoken caring RE. As it was my 1st attempt with treatment, I was nervous, and he lifted the stress by stating, “...I do not want you to worry anymore...stop the obsessive charting...it’s time for you to relax and let me take on the stress...”
Sweet ladies, they loved my humor! They try really hard to make sure the patient is comfortable. (Companionate)
Dr. Synn is a reputable RE. I immediately felt trust toward his planning and treatment. I met with him each appointment however, I did not have my ultrasounds/scans or procedures (IUI) performed by him, which was not to my liking. In my eyes, I feel that he is the scientist and mathematician trying to determine the individuals’ cycle patterns in order to plan treatment. His staff then performs most out-patient procedures/treatments based around his recommendations.
Personally I feel that this is all chance. It’s about math (getting the numbers right) and you may get lucky. If you want it bad enough, you’ll keep gambling! And I’m not giving up, and you shouldn’t either!
Started with him discontinuing my current methods of cycle charting to alleviate any stress. Next, 100mg clomid for 5 days (In various treatments, the start date would be adjusted as no pregnancy had occurred.) Also, throughout treatment I was introduced to estrogen, progesterone suppository , ovaldrill shots (to essientially try and control ovulation timing) and IUI. RESULTS: HIVES: allergic to one or a combination of meds being used, clomid gave my tongue blisters, progesterone capsules were red and would leak from being used like a suppository (always thought it was blood..don’t freak out it was the pills casings!) Over 6-7 clomid rounds, with 1 IUI attempt. (Dr. Synn did not perform the IUI, I was upset.) Resulting in me needing to take a break from treatment and regain my sanity!
I have insurance that was wonky about coverage. For me, copays for appointments were $15, like anywhere else. Yet, each ultrasound ran $100 once I started clomid and Insurance stopped covering certain fertility treatments. (By the way there’s a lot of ultrasounds when trying to observe eggs growing to the correct mm to then self enduce ovulation, with the ovadrill shot). I can’t remember how much the IUI cost, but I remember thinking, “...hmm, that’s not so bad for one shot at it...” Clomid ran me $30 each refill..not bad..and again I can’t really remember how much I paid for estrogen patches and progesterone. The Ovadrill shot each cycle would cost $120 and is NOT covered my insurance and was mailed from Texas.

2008 - 2015
Because we have not been there [Women's Specialty & Fertility Center] in a few years, it's hard to say what is the same and what is different now. I have heard from others about new staff and Dr. Synn having shorter hours in the clinic, then he did before... Dr. Synn and his staff were there for us and got us through to the other side of, what we thought for a while was, an impossible journey.... they felt like family. They knew all about what we were going through, in probably the toughest years of our lives.
2008 - 2015
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
Because we have not been there in a few years, it's hard to say what is the same and what is different now. I have heard from others about new staff and Dr. Synn having shorter hours in the clinic, then he did before... I've also heard about longer wait times and shorter, more "impersonal" visits. So, I'm not too sure about things now. But what I can say is that Dr. Synn and his staff were there for us and got us through to the other side of, what we thought for a while was, an impossible journey. He told us it was a numbers game and if we were able to stick with it, it would work...and it did. I truly hope the office is still running the way it did, back then, for us.
Over the 7 and a half years we were seen and treated by Dr. Synn, not only were we blessed with our twins, we also formed wonderful relationships with Dr. Synn and some of his staff! We love them and think of them fondly. We were always treated as people...as important people! We are so grateful to have met and worked with Dr. Synn and all of the girls who were there during our time there.
During our time at Dr. Synn's office, we absolutely fell in love with all of the girls there! Kim, Jessica, Sandra, Hilary, Missy, Tulea... (I'm sure I'm missing a couple 😣) were so much more than "nursing staff"...they felt like family. They knew all about what we were going through, in probably the toughest years of our lives. And they didn't take that lightly. They always had compassion...and they were always our loudest cheerleaders! If, and when, they needed to call with disappointing news, I always felt like that phone call was just as hard for them, as it was for us. They took the journey with us... We still take our twins in to visit and say hello to all of their "aunties"
Dr. Synn is one of those doctors that knows all about his area of expertise, he's been around to see many patients and many different scenarios...so he really REALLY knows what he's talking about... But unlike so many of those special doctors that knows so much...he has an AMAZING bedside manner!!! That is what really surprised us when first meeting him. He cares and he wants success for YOUR fertility journey. On one occasion, after a transfer, I ended up getting a horrible UTI. It was so bad, I could not get out of bed. At 3 o'clock in the morning, my husband called his exchange and he called right back and got meds to me asap! It was so comforting to know someone (a doctor!) was there for me when I really needed it. Another thing that really sticks out throughout our journey, was that after our failed IVF cycles, Dr. Synn would personally call and check on us... I couldn't be more grateful for these calls. If we didn't feel the way we do about Dr. Synn and his staff, we would not have continued to emotionally, physically and/or financially put ourselves through all of that heartache and pain for seven and a half years.
Document everything...you'll want to look back at your triumph!
I'm sorry, I can't remember specifics...

Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Clinic [Women's Specialty and Fertility] is very busy. Phones are constantly ringing so when calling in expect a wait time. Staff is always polite and welcoming. They help you in every way they can. Appointments are scheduled accordingly and they try to work with your schedule the best they can. They have a great payment plan for those who don't have insurance cover the costs. ... The three nurse practitioners are amazing at communicating.
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
Clinic is very busy. Phones are constantly ringing so when calling in expect a wait time. Staff is always polite and welcoming. They help you in every way they can. Appointments are scheduled accordingly and they try to work with your schedule the best they can. They have a great payment plan for those who don't have insurance cover the costs.
He was very open about my case. Offered to let me call him with any questions. Came in on a Saturday when the office was closed for my transfer.
The three nurse practitioners are amazing at communicating.
He was great to talk to. Told me exactly how the egg retrieval and transfer went. Was very honest and polite. Kept an open line of communication with the good and bad details of my odds of success because I have poor eggs and blocked tubes. He found a pocket of fluid in scar tissue during my egg retrieval and drained it for my benefit.
Ask all the questions you can, he will answer everything truthfully!
I had to use Follistim, Lupron, and Menopur before my egg retrieval because my follicle growth was low. I did estradial blood tests regularly so he could monitor it since my levels were normally low. After the retrieval I did injectible and vaginal inserts of progesterone.
$10,055 for IVF up front, $375 for anesthesia, approx $3,500 for medications, and $700 to freeze embryos.
He only allows 1 or 2 embryos to be transferred. He discussed the outcomes of a twin pregnancy vs. a single pregnancy.

2013 - 2017
The only thing I remember not liking was the front receptionist, I thought she was rude. Everyone else was kind, I was in and out quickly for my appointments. The office is in a nice area. As far as I know this is the only clinic in Fresno so I didn't have options, but I was very happy with the drs and my treatment ... [Nurse] She was very kind, always answered my questions, explained everything well. She remembered details about my life not pertaining to my treatment
2013 - 2017
European, Latino
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
I was always treated kindly, the drs and staff remembered me and made conversation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Missy montes)
I felt dr synn was very kind and explained everything well. All my questions were answered and I felt he really cared about me as a person. I never had any concerns with my care with him. He gave us realistic odds and I felt everything went the way he said it would.
Ask all questions, don't be afraid and be completely honest.
My egg retrieval was in 2013 so it's hard to remember all the details. I was started on birth control to regulate my period. I remember the daily injections in my stomach and the trigger shot in my butt. I had many follicles and the egg retrieval went well. I had 20 retrieved.
Over $20,000 for the first cycle with egg retrieval and no insurance, about $2,000 for fet and insurance
I was asked if I would like to transfer 1 or 2 embryos. My dr said I was healthy and tall so my body could handle twins. We transfered 2 and had 1 baby, second round we also transferred 2 and had twins
Clovis

My insurance did not cover treatment [at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center]. The clinic gave a discount for private pay, and my insurance did cover some medications...I was comfortable with the fact that I would always see the same staff. I felt like seeing the same nurses and practioners at each appointment, made me feel like the staff was more invested in my journey...Because I had a diminishing ovarian reserve, Dr. Synn chose to have me take 50mg of Femara at beginning of my cycle to mature my eggs. The growing of my follices was monitored via vaginal ultrasound. To start ovulation, I would use a 250mcg Ovidrel Injection once a month. Insurance did not cover any of these treatments, his office offers discounts for private pay patients, so as I was paying minimal privately. Some cycles I used 200mg vaginal Progesterone, to thicken my uterine lining. Other cycles I used .1mg Minivelle patch (estrogen) to thicken my endometrial lining.
Dr. Synn was very candid and thorough with his suggestions of care. He answered every question with compassion and gave his honest opinion. He showed optimism and made me feel very comfortable. Dr. Synn is blunt and tells you exactly as he sees it. This approach seemed harsh, but I was grateful for his honesty.
Dr. Synn can seem very intimidating, but his honesty could save you time and money on your journey.
My insurance did not cover treatment. The clinic gave a discount for private pay, and my insurance did cover some medications.
Clovis

The office is located on the second floor, wait time is short, nice and clean easy parking is always available. the building the clinic is in is in a great location next to the hospital. The building is new and very functional. ... The staff is Kind very prompt with my time and they always know what’s going on I believe the communication is excellent because everyone is on the same page ...Don’t expect to see the same person or doctor each visit but each person you see knows your case and record and is on the same page
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
Kind staff each person representing the clinic is informational and warm
Dr Sueldo has warm bedside manner very upbeat but straight to the point. she comes from this background from generations and that helped me make the decision to choose her and the clinic. She makes you feel comfortable and she is a very good educator
The medicated iui process was definitely less that I have heard of in town. I was paying $95 per ultrasound. I paid $420 for the iui this included the wash of my husband sperm.
Carolina M. Sueldo
Clovis

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Carolina M. Sueldo at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Parking isn't the best [at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center]. But the building is newer and it is super nice and clean. The elevator makes it easier to get to the actual clinic rather than taking a flight of stairs. The clinic is large and the waiting room is spacious. The chairs are comfortable.... They [the nurses] are warm and inviting. They keep the place running in a timely manner and took the time to get to know me.
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
Parking isn't the best. But the building is newer and it is super nice and clean. The elevator makes it easier to get to the actual clinic rather than taking a flight of stairs. The clinic is large and the waiting room is spacious. The chairs are comfortable.
The staff and dr got to know me and were very friendly. I felt welcome from the start.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Women's Specialty & Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jessica)
They are warm and inviting. They keep the place running in a timely manner and took the time to get to know me.
He is very thorough in explaining everything. He never rushed me and really helped me feel comfortable and confident. He answered all my questions and left me feeling like he really cared. I have yet to find a weakness in him.
Ask as many questions as you can. He will help you feel confident and comfortable.
He played it safe always. I started treatment for blocked tubes. After a successful pregnancy previously we knew that I could carry a baby and so he never pushed things. He explained the chances of multiples and he would suggest different things with reason and explain it.
Because I have a healthy uterus he explained that it would be healthy and safe to only go for one embryo because multiples make my pregnancy a higher risk.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Strengths [of Women's Specialty and Fertility Center] are caring, kind, make the process easy, have experinence, smart, and easy to communicate with... The office and drs are amazing. Highly recommend Dr. Sueldo, he knows so much and knows what he is doing! Lots of wonderful years of experience. Have nothing but nice and wonderful things to say about him.... [The nurse is] Wonderful, very informative. If I had a question she always got right back to me
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
Strengths are caring, kind, make the process easy, have experinence, smart, and easy to communicate with
He was always there when I had a question. He always makes time for me and is very kind, thoughtful, smart and informative! We are so lucky to have him as our doctor!
Our experience with Dr. Sueldo is the best! He is always there when we need him, always cares and so Very smart! Although this IVF journey can be overwhelming he made it very calm and easy! The office and drs are amazing. Highly recommend Dr. Sueldo, he knows so much and knows what he is doing! Lots of wonderful years of experience. Have nothing but nice and wonderful things to say about him.
Relax, although it is a long process this office and these drs will make it easy and it will be worth it in the end. The office staff will become really good friends to you!
Had egg retrevial 26 eggs extracted 6 survived after being genetically tested They were frozen Did transfers and now pregnant and praying for successful pregnancy.
Depends on if you get genetically tested embryos. It was the most affordable that I saw after interviewing 3 other drs
Everybody is different, just depends on what the dr thinks in regards to transferring one or two

2012 - 2016
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
I have been seen at this clinic [Women's Specialty and Fertility Center] for many years. Everyone knows me by name and face and always greets me with a smile and asked how I have been. And they are very sensitive to my losses. Especially the preterm labor and loss of my daughter.... Sometimes wait times can be a little long. But very affordable clinic as well.... Ivf was under $8000.... I was always greeted with a smile and everyone knew me by name. Not by looking at my chart. They were always looking for a way to help me out, whether with rescheduling appointments, or giving me sample meds to get me by because we were on a tight budget.
2012 - 2016
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
Great clinic and friendly staff. Sometimes wait times can be a little long. But very affordable clinic as well
I have been seen at this clinic for many years. Everyone knows me by name and face and always greets me with a smile and asked how I have been. And they are very sensitive to my losses. Especially the preterm labor and loss of my daughter.
Always very friendly. I was always greeted with a smile and everyone knew me by name. Not by looking at my chart. They were always looking for a way to help me out, whether with rescheduling appointments, or giving me sample meds to get me by because we were on a tight budget.
He is a great doctor. Explained everything to me in terms I could understand. Gave me the options and let me make the decision that was best for me and my husband. Never pushed us in to a treatment we weren't comfortable with.
Ask a lot of questions and take notes.
I don't remember exactly. But my body was a very poor responder to most all medications and he was very patient with me and kept adjusting until we found what worked for me.
Don't remember exacts. But the ivf was under $8000. We also did icsi and frozen restore embryos. Can't remember the cost of those
I was given the option of putting one or 2 embryos back. We chose to do 2 with all my transfers.
Clovis

The staff [Women's Specialty & Fertility Center] makes an effort to learn patient names and they are warm and kind.... They are busy, and they have a lot of people coming through each day. Be prepared to be patient at all visits! You will usually have to wait when you get there, wait in the exam room, wait in the waiting room...but that's because they are providing kind and compassionate service to all the many patients!
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
The staff makes an effort to learn patient names and they are warm and kind.
The staff knows my name. When I call they are helpful and kind. I feel welcome and like they care.
Dr. Synn was thorough and helpful when we asked for an additional consult several months into treatment. He was kind and answered all our many questions. I haven't seen him often but when I have met him he's been very nice.
Insurance covers some, but in general the office staff knows very well how best to navigate billing in general.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Very busy clinic [Women's Specialty and Fertility Center]. Get there early,expect to wait. Hard to see other patients who have good news when you're not successful. They should account for that with office layout or appointment times.... He was knowledgeable and shared the expected outcomes. He was positive and had a good bedside manner. It is a very busy office, at times i felt rushed. I wished he would've given us other options after IVF didnt work.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
Very busy clinic. Get there early,expect to wait. Hard to see other patients who have good news when you're not successful. They should account for that with office layout or appointment times.
This was an emotional journey. He listened while i cried and presented the best and worst case scenarios.
Bery informative in person and on the phone.
Push to discuss all your options and what plan A,B,C would look like.
My insurance covered only a once in a lifetime amount of $5k. I got a personal loan of $10k to cover the rest. This included two rounds of fertility injections, ICSI, IUI, and associated ultrasounds and visits.
The doctor did not have a strong preference although would not transfer more than 3.
2007 - 2012
Endometriosis, Male Factor
The clinic [Women's Specialty & Fertility Cntr] was very organized and clean. Everyone was friendly and patient. They did what they said they would do. They were very professional but I never felt like a number. You could tell they were experienced and they enjoyed their work. You could also tell they understand the nature of their work and that was reflected in how they deal with patients.... The staff was very knowledgeable
2007 - 2012
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Women's Specialty & Fertility Center.
The clinic was very organized and clean. Everyone was friendly and patient. They did what they said they would do. They were very professional but I never felt like a number. You could tell they were experienced and they enjoyed their work. You could also tell they understand the nature of their work and that was reflected in how they deal with patients.
The staff was very knowledgeable and they remembered what was going on with our situation without having to be reminded.
I remember Dr. Synn having a very laid back attitude. He was very factual and I felt that he really wanted to help us. At one point we felt he was pushing for IVF when we wanted to try less invasive and less expensive treatment. Looking back, I see why he probably felt this way.
Our insurance covered the treatment we were undergoing at that time.