Genetic counseling is not offered: Not Offered
Selling medication is not offered: Not Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
One Wyoming St
Dayton, OH 45409
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Wright State Physicians OB/GYN to a friend?

1 doctor
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
The clinic's strength is the staff. The staff at Kettering Reproductive Medicine are wonderful, friendly and become part of your family. They know exactly what each couple is hoping for and knows that each couple is wanting a child so they do everything in their power to help make that happen. ... we got the cost breakdown for our IVF cycle which estimates that the cost of the IVF cycle would be $9,183 and our medication would be anywhere from $4,000-$6,000.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Wright State Physicians OB/GYN.
The clinic's strength is the staff. The staff at Kettering Reproductive Medicine are wonderful, friendly and become part of your family. They know exactly what each couple is hoping for and knows that each couple is wanting a child so they do everything in their power to help make that happen. I can't think of any weaknesses.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joseph Karnitis at Wright State Physicians OB/GYN?
Dr. Karnitis is one of the best, if not the best doctor I have ever had the pleasure of working with. He goes over every question you have and wants to know what concerns are popping up. He gives accurate, fair and detailed examples of several different scenarios that could happen in a couples cycle. He is the only person I trust with our treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Wright State Physicians OB/GYN. (Assigned nurse: Colleen Gedeon)
Colleen has been my favorite nurse to work with. She calls me back the same day I call. She gives us the good and bad news but she also explains why Dr. Karnitis has high expectations. Colleen has been working with my husband and I for two and half years and I couldn't be more grateful for her. She has mapped out everything. Been a shoulder to cry on when the IUI's didn't work and has been our cheerleader as we begin our IVF journey.
How was your experience with Joseph Karnitis at Wright State Physicians OB/GYN?
As a patient, I am so glad I was referred to Dr. Karnitis. He takes care of each patient to the full extent. He makes sure he knows what is going on with each patient and gives them a real idea of what the expectations should be moving forward with treatment. Going through the process to get to IVF and now that we are on that path he has been anything short of amazing. He takes the time out of his schedule to explain every question I have or my husband has. He is compassionate and he really pulls for each of his patients to get pregnant on their first try with IVF. He is very open about what treatment plan he believes will work best for you as a couple, and I really value that honesty. His staff is next level great and I am thankful to have them with us as well.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joseph Karnitis at Wright State Physicians OB/GYN?
Listen to everything he is telling you. This man is wise beyond his years. He knows what to expect in a patient and what could go wrong. He tells you exactly what he thinks is best and he definitely gives you the best care he sees fit. He would not steer a patient wrong and I fully believe in him.
Describe the protocols Joseph Karnitis used in your cycles at Wright State Physicians OB/GYN and their degree of success.
When we first met Dr. Karnitis he wanted to do some ultrasounds and go over my chart to see what he would be working with. He saw my AMH levels were pretty low but wanted to pump my body with Clomid to see if I could create follicles and eggs. We saw a huge increase in production over just one month and decided it would be best to do an IUI. The first and second IUI we did with Dr. Karnitis failed. My tubes are too damaged for the sperm to travel through. The second IUI he changed the way we did my medication a little bit to try to better the outcome of the procedure. Then, after we found out the second IUI didn't work I went on 3 months of Lupron to think about what the next steps would be. I went off Lupron for 3 months to give my body a break and just recently finished my longest streak of Lupron at 6 months. This will hopefully give us the best chance of conceiving a child. I have stage 4 endometriosis and Dr. Karnitis was admimant that I go on Lupron for 6 months to help my system fight the endometriosis and then go into an IVF cycle.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Karnitis at Wright State Physicians OB/GYN.
The cost associated with Kettering Reproductive Medicine is average from what I've seen. Our IUI's were about $1,200 each not including the clomid. The Clomid was $50-$100. We did two of those. Then we got the cost breakdown for our IVF cycle which estimates that the cost of the IVF cycle would be $9,183 and our medication would be anywhere from $4,000-$6,000.
Describe Joseph Karnitis's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Wright State Physicians OB/GYN.
Dr. Karnitis leaves the decision up to the couple but does give his opinion on what he thinks will work best. For us a multiple embryo transfer would be the best route.
Joseph Karnitis
Dayton

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Joseph Karnitis at Wright State Physicians OB/GYN.

Strengths [at Wright State Physicians OB/GYN]-Staff and friendly. Dr. L[indheim] is knowledgeable and will answer any questions. Gives you the option to make you own choices but also helps guide you. Weakness- Waiting time at appt. I always try and make appt first thing in morning or at end of day...Staff is very friendly and answers any questions via portal or in person...Medication for IUI- Femara and Ovidril approx $175 IUI procedure in office-$1575
Describe your experience with Wright State Physicians OB/GYN.
Strengths-Staff and friendly. Dr. L is knowledgeable and will answer any questions. Gives you the option to make you own choices but also helps guide you. Weakness- Waiting time at appt. I always try and make appt first thing in morning or at end of day.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Steven Lindheim at Wright State Physicians OB/GYN?
He is very thorough. Provides information and answers any questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Wright State Physicians OB/GYN.
Staff is very friendly and answers any questions via portal or in person.
How was your experience with Steven Lindheim at Wright State Physicians OB/GYN?
When first meeting Dr. L he was very knowledgeable used pictures and written info to explain different procedures. Has always given my husband and I the options to choose the path of are treatment and provided us with guidance.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Steven Lindheim at Wright State Physicians OB/GYN?
Write any possible questions you have for the Dr and address any concerns.
Describe the protocols Steven Lindheim used in your cycles at Wright State Physicians OB/GYN and their degree of success.
When first seing Dr. L in fall of 2016 in regards to possible IVF, He took the time to look over all of our existing history. Then he decided that he felt IVF was not necessary at this time but to evaluate other issues in regards to my cervix and why the previous IuI did not work with my prior doctor. That was when my husband and I decided that we were going to not proceed with IVF at the time but have a surgery to correct my cervical stenosis along with removal of an endometrioma on an ovary as well as an ovarian cyst. That surgery took place in February 2017. In May 2017 I did have a chemical pregnancy that failed. My husband and I waited until the fall where we had an IUI procedure that was not successful. We also just had another IUI treatment this month that was also unsuccessful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Lindheim at Wright State Physicians OB/GYN.
Describe Steven Lindheim's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Wright State Physicians OB/GYN.
Steven Lindheim
Dayton

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Steven Lindheim at Wright State Physicians OB/GYN.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
This clinic [Wright State Physicians] has amazing staff. If your primary doctor cannot take you at a certain time another will step in and do your scans. The staff really work together. I loved every nurse and doctor on staff and always felt completely comfortable.... The nursing staff were always sweet, knowledgeable and responsive. I would always get a call back very shortly after I left them a voicemail. If I ever had concerns or questions the were quick to respond or find me an answer.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
Describe your experience with Wright State Physicians OB/GYN.
This clinic has amazing staff. If your primary doctor cannot take you at a certain time another will step in and do your scans. The staff really work together. I loved every nurse and doctor on staff and always felt completely comfortable.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Bidwell at Wright State Physicians OB/GYN?
I felt like he understood and was sympathetic to our journey and explained everything to us. He gave us a lot of hope.
How was your experience with Mark Bidwell at Wright State Physicians OB/GYN?
Dr. Budwell was very knowledgeable and always made us feel hopeful that we were heading the the right direction. He always explained everything very well to us and allowed us to feel heard. After our first appointment we felt so much hope and this continues with every appointment we had after that.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Bidwell at Wright State Physicians OB/GYN?
Don’t be afraid to ask for certain tests and procedures. You are your own health advocate.
Describe the protocols Mark Bidwell used in your cycles at Wright State Physicians OB/GYN and their degree of success.
We started with a very low dose of clomid along with monitored cycles and timed intercourse. After a few rounds of not ovulating we upped the dosage. Clomid had me ovulating but later in my cycle (days 20-30) we then added the trigger shot to the mix. I ended up having a few miscarriages but no sustainable pregnancy. I have prescribed heparin to take as soon as I got pregnant but did not end up getting pregnant after that point at his clinic. The only reason we left the clinic is because we moved out of state.
Mark Bidwell
Dayton

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mark Bidwell at Wright State Physicians OB/GYN.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
The nursing staff [at Wright State] is great and gets back to me in a reasonable time frame...Once I told them they forgot to call in the prescription they took care of it. I usually didn't need it the next day so I was happy with the response...The nurses are great, I always see the doctor unless he tells me in advance that he will be out of the office. I feel like he cares about my treatment...
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
He always did all the procedures and made sure to answer all my questions. He is also available via text and responds quickly to text messages.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Wright State Physicians OB/GYN. (Assigned nurse: Heidi and Kayla)
The nursing staff is great and gets back to me in a reasonable time frame.
What specific things went wrong at Wright State Physicians OB/GYN?
How was your experience with Steven Lindheim at Wright State Physicians OB/GYN?
The doctor will give you lots of information and you can read all you want. He will listen to your thoughts and tell you why or why not they are good ideas.
i was on the attain program
Steven Lindheim