Yale University

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
Guilford
Stamford, CT 06912
Westport
125A Kings Highway North
Westport, CT 06880
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Yale University to a friend?
2014 - 2018
1 IUI, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
The clinicv[Yale - New Haven] is clean, coordinated and caring. Privacy is taken seriously and all of the staff we have encountered are knowledgeable and kind. Morning monitoring is on a first-come, first-served basis and is done early and quickly enough to get to work on time. By early afternoon, you typically have heard from your nurse and can check the online portal for your results and a detailed report of what the next steps are (return in X days, increase/decrease/start/stop Z medicine). Everything is very clear and there’s no way to misunderstand anything about how your treatment is going to proceed.
2014 - 2018
1 IUI, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Yale University.
The clinic is clean, coordinated and caring. Privacy is taken seriously and all of the staff we have encountered are knowledgeable and kind. Morning monitoring is on a first-come, first-served basis and is done early and quickly enough to get to work on time. By early afternoon, you typically have heard from your nurse and can check the online portal for your results and a detailed report of what the next steps are (return in X days, increase/decrease/start/stop Z medicine). Everything is very clear and there’s no way to misunderstand anything about how your treatment is going to proceed.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Emre Seli at Yale University?
Dr Seli really spends the time to thoroughly discuss the process, concerns and results. He is honest and forthcoming and laughs at all of our infertility jokes. We always go in with many questions and he takes the time to patiently answer them all.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Yale University. (Assigned nurse: Joanne)
Our nurse is so kind, empathetic and responds right away to questions or concerns. Joanne is the best!
How was your experience with Emre Seli at Yale University?
Dr Seli is honest, real and empathetic. He takes the time to listen and accepts feedback. He will spend as much time as needed to talk to us and thoroughly answer all of our questions and concerns and tells us the truth about our ability to conceive with the various treatments.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Emre Seli at Yale University?
Feel free to ask Dr Seli ALL the questions you want. Come to appointments prepared and don’t leave until you are satisfied with the answers. He will listen and answer all questions and concerns you may have.
Describe the protocols Emre Seli used in your cycles at Yale University and their degree of success.
So far, we have completed three cycles of clomid, using a trigger shot with the third. Dr Seli was very clear with his expectations (or lack thereof) in that we were only doing this as it was cheap and so that the insurance company would allow us to move onto IVF. (We have an $11k lifetime maximum of fertility benefits) We then moved onto an IVF cycle, which only produced two decent sized follicles, so we turned that into an (unsuccessful) IUI. It should be noted that Dr Seli was out of the country when we had the two follicles result and Dr Mak called me and spent nearly a half hour on the phone empathizing with our situation and helping me work through the decision as to how to proceed (we literally had just two hours to decide) with the cycle. She even provided me with her mobile phone number and invited me to share it with my fiancé so that he could call her with questions/concerns. We chose to not “waste” those two follicles and turn the cycle into an IUI. Again, Dr Mak was extremely honest in that our chances of conceiving with the IUI were not that great, especially because I had done an additional three days of stims to even get those follicles large enough. We still wanted to try. When we returned to the office to discuss next steps/cost of IVF with Dr Seli (completely out-of-pocket) he was honest that at my age and with our unexplained infertility in addition to the limited success with our previous cycle in getting follicles to grow, our expectation should be to only get one healthy embryo (max). We then brought up the possibility of using known donor eggs (from someone in her early twenties, married, with two beautiful children) for the next cycle. Well, Dr Seli’s eyes lit up! We then very bluntly asked him what our chances were with my eggs vs a very healthy donor’s eggs and he honestly told us less than 10% vs greater than 60%. Well all my fiancé and I did was look at each other, look back at Dr Seli and say, okay, what do we have to do to use our donor? We have just started the donor testing and hope to get this party started in the next month or two. To be continued...
Describe the costs associated with your care under Emre Seli at Yale University.
So far, we have only used our insurance benefits. To be continued...
Emre Seli
New Haven
The clinic [Yale] is clean and the front desk staff is helpful and friendly. I haven't had problems making appointments if they aren't last minute. I am often late and they were graciously accommodating of me multiple times...The nursing staff was very nice and would answer my questions, but I got the impression that they were very busy. There was one occasion I specifically remember that I did not like. On one of my early visits I told the nurse that I had been tracking my temperature to see when I ovulate and she said, "Aw, that's cute. You don't have to do that anymore." It made me feel very stupid.
Describe your experience with Yale University.
The clinic is clean and the front desk staff is helpful and friendly. I haven't had problems making appointments if they aren't last minute. I am often late and they were graciously accommodating of me multiple times.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Pasquale Patrizio at Yale University?
Dr. Patrizio recognized us and made small talk with us at our visits and didn't just dive into the treatment, though that was the focus of our visits. He is to the point, but friendly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Yale University. (Assigned nurse: Marie)
How was your experience with Pasquale Patrizio at Yale University?
Dr. Patrizio is friendly and easy to talk to and will be straight forward. He tells you what he thinks the best course of action is, but will let you make your own decisions. For instance, he clearly laid out why we should only transfer one embryo, but let us make the final decision. He did not perform my IUIs, but he was adamant that he would be the one to perform the egg transfer as he says that is the most important part. The one thing I did not like was that I felt like he gave us false confidence with the IUIs. Because I have unexplained infertility, he was very sure that an IUI would work and when it didn't, I was even more devastated. In the end, we achieved a live birth with only one round of IVF, which was still pretty good.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Pasquale Patrizio at Yale University?
Don't expect someone meek and sympathetic - though he is friendly, he's not there to be a therapist, he's there to get you a baby.
Describe the protocols Pasquale Patrizio used in your cycles at Yale University and their degree of success.
Because we had unexplained infertility, Dr. Patrizio suggested we began with 3 IUIs because they were cheaper and I am young, so the likelihood of them working was good. Coincidentally, we also needed to do 3 IUIs for our insurance to cover IVF. After I failed to conceive following each of these, we did a fresh IVF cycle that produced my son.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Yale University.
There was a monitoring window every morning from 7 -8:15 or so. When you arrived, you were given a number and taken on a first come, first served basis. Sometimes I was taken right away, other times I waited over an hour. It was luck of the draw. I did arrive after the window a few times and they still monitored me, which was much appreciated.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Pasquale Patrizio at Yale University.
My insurance fully covered the care, so I'm not sure.
Describe Pasquale Patrizio's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Yale University.
Dr. Patrizio is all for single embryo transfer when possible, but will do what you ask. He personally looks at all the embryo grades and picks the order best for transfer.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
Overall the clinic [Yale] is run very well, however dealing with the billing department/insurance department was always difficult, they often passed the buck to different departments resulting in conflicting information. It took months before I could get my final bill straightened out after they initially tried to incorrectly charge us 12,000 more than what we owed...Contacting the front desk for scheduling, questions, etc was always difficult. Their front desk team was not always patient/friendly.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
Describe your experience with Yale University.
Yale's strengths: strong team of qualified Dr's and Nurses, an organized system to manage the frequent morning bloodwork/ultrasounds, convenient location, great use of the online MyChart portal to comprehensively post and notify you of test results, upcoming appointments, and a convenient way to communicate with your care team. Contacting the front desk for scheduling, questions, etc was always difficult. Their front desk team was not always patient/friendly. They didn't adequately prepare me for the pain of passing a miscarriage with misoprostal
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Winifred Mak at Yale University?
Dr. Mak always came into the room having reviewed my information which I appreciated. She took her time with me to explain things, I never felt rushed. When she was giving me negative news, she did so with compassion.
The nursing staff was always warm, patient and informative.
What specific things went wrong at Yale University?
How was your experience with Winifred Mak at Yale University?
I felt confident in my care with Dr. Mak, she took me over as a patient when my Dr, Ryan Martin left the practice. She was always clear and compassionate. After my third failed IUI, I wanted to do another one and she recommended we go forward with an IVF cycle, and I'm glad that she did as I am now 6 and a half months pregnant. My only complaint really, is that when I was prescribed Misoprostal for a miscarriage, she did not adequately explain the level of pain I was in store for. I really should have been provided a stronger pain medication.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Winifred Mak at Yale University?
Be sure to ask a lot of questions, she will spend the time to answer them, but may not always offer up all the details at first. Also, it's good to know that Dr. Mak and Yale Fertility in general, tend to lean on the conservative side so she had recommended we only transfer one embryo with our first cycle. Ultimately my husband and I decided to transfer 2 embryos to better our chances and Dr. Mak was understanding of our decision.
Describe the protocols Winifred Mak used in your cycles at Yale University and their degree of success.
I did 3 IUI cycles, each time with Letrizole by mouth taken on days 3–7 of my period, followed by an Ovidrel trigger injection the night before IUI. After the first cycle failed, by Letrizole dose was increased. The second IUI cycle resulted in a miscarriage (growth stopped around 5.5 weeks, and misoprostal was taken to pass the embryo around week 11). After the 3rd failed IUI, plans were made to do an IVF cycle. I started with taking Norethindrone, and Metformin to prevent hyperstimulation (this was a suggestion from my MD husband who had done some research). I then did a combination of low dose Gonal-F, Menopur and Follistim. My follicle growth was monitored every other day along with bloodwork. Once ready, I did an intramuscular HCG trigger shot. I was also taking doxycycln at some point during the injection period. I then did a retrieval procedure (performed by a different Dr.) and had my transfer 5 days later, tranferring 2 embryos. The transfer was in May of this year (2017) and I am currently 6.5 months pregnant with a singleton. It should also be noted that I sought weekly accupuncture treatment for the 6 months prior to my IVF treatment. I also had acupuncture before my retrieval, before and after my transfer.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Yale University.
It was a bit of a cattle call, but I understood why it needed to be that way, it seemed to be the most efficient way to handle the volume and frequency of the monitoring.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Winifred Mak at Yale University.
Our insurance covered up to $8,000 lifetime toward fertility treatments. We roughly paid around $12,000 out of pocket after 3 IUIs, testing, and 1 IVF cycle.
Describe Winifred Mak's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Yale University.
Yale tends to recommend only transferring 1 embryo on your first transfer attempt, more conservative than what I've heard about other practices.
Winifred Mak
Endometriosis, PCOS
Marie, Dr. Patrizio's nurse [at Yale University] has failed to give me specific instructions in a timely manner, resulting in my having to call the office directly. And another nurse forgot to call in a script to the pharmacy...I find Marie to be very lax in giving exact details. I would always have to call the office for clarification. I also found that she waited to the evening hours to provide details or blood results which was very upsetting when you are waiting for these bits of information... I have had great experience dealing with Kree from the moment I walked into Yale Fertility... She was detailed, would call personally to let me know what needed to be done and made sure I understood everything before she hung up the phone. She provided results in a great, timely manner and she always and still does, greet me by first name and hugs when I go to the office. She actually does care.
Endometriosis, PCOS
Describe your experience with Yale University.
The clinic is great with scheduling appointments and fitting you in as your schedule allows. They have made some improvements to the front end area to help with appearance but they've added this frosted tint to the windows by the receptionist which block them from seeing you when you are waiting in line. There are times where I've waited over 10 mins for the receptionist to call me but she didn't know I was there because of the frosted glass. Also, they've hired new receptionists that need to be trained a little more but that is fixable.
I was definitely treated like a human and a lot of that is thanks to the staff. Dr. Patrizio is a great doctor, but I am not his only patient. However, when it was us, he was great and is very down to earth and welcoming.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Yale University. (Assigned nurse: Kree)
Let me start by saying that Dr. Patrizio's main nurse is Marie. I told him from day 1 of my 2nd round that I did not want her involved in my care. She is very nice but she just wasn't on top of things in regards to my care as I would like. As we know, this whole trying to conceive process is very delicate and can be very emotional. I find Marie to be very lax in giving exact details. I would always have to call the office for clarification. I also found that she waited to the evening hours to provide details or blood results which was very upsetting when you are waiting for these bits of information. I have had great experience dealing with Kree from the moment I walked into Yale Fertility. She was the nurse of my previous RE and she was just on top of things. She was detailed, would call personally to let me know what needed to be done and made sure I understood everything before she hung up the phone. She provided results in a great, timely manner and she always and still does, greet me by first name and hugs when I go to the office. She actually does care. There are other nurses that are just like her - they really do have a great team at Yale but Kree is just top notch.
How was your experience with Pasquale Patrizio at Yale University?
Dr. Patrizio is very warm and welcoming with a great bed side manner and great sense of humor. I feel like he could have been more involved with my care but then again, I know he is busy and has lots of patients. I was however very happy with the staff at yale and was ok with them tending to my care.
Be aware that you won't see him at every visit. There are times where you have to let him know what you want because he is very laid back in his approach.
I remember for my 2nd round of ivf - I told him that I wanted to keep it similar to my first round because my body reacted well to the meds and I did get pregnant, although I did miscarry. He was ok with that and was open to my feedback. We followed the same protocol with injectables but my body took longer to react the 2nd time. I think that was a good thing because it gave my body the time to grow and nurture my eggs!
IVF is covered under my insurance, thankfully. I just paid for the office visits or fees not covered by insurance such as freezing of the embryos.
no comment
New Haven
The strengths [Yale University] are the doctors, nurses, and communication once you’re mid-cycle. The communication leading up to a cycle and the insurance coordinators are both lacking.... Marie [nurse] was so kind and loving. Sometimes I wondered though if she forgot details regarding our care, which i was compelled to remind her of periodically.... [Cost Of Treatment] 21k for retrieval, pgd testing, and transfer. 700 a year for frozen embryos.
Describe your experience with Yale University.
The strengths are the doctors, nurses, and communication once you’re mid-cycle. The communication leading up to a cycle and the insurance coordinators are both lacking. Insurance would often times call me to say I wasn’t covered for a certain medication, provide no alternatives, and disregard the fact that I needed that med either that day or the next. This was infuriating.
When under Dr. Patrizios care of the other docs at the clinic, face to face, I felt personally cared about. When speaking with Kree, who ran the morning monitoring program, it was made clear that I was a number in line, and that no exceptions could be made. She didn’t want to hear any explanations or reasoning behind needing to speak with anyone. She was rude and unwavering.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Yale University. (Assigned nurse: Marie Longo)
Marie was so kind and loving. Sometimes I wondered though if she forgot details regarding our care, which i was compelled to remind her of periodically.
How was your experience with Pasquale Patrizio at Yale University?
Dr. Patricio cared about getting me pregnant. He moved a little slower than I would have hoped, but maybe that’s just the nature of the industry. He called me personally with results, joked when needed, and was serious when needed. I felt loved and embraced by him and his team.
To come prepared with as much of an education about fertility treatments as possible. He respects intelligence and will give you more information if he feels it will benefit you.
I did IVF with PGD, using Gonal-F, Follistim, and other I can’t remember. We had one failed cycle where one embryo was transferred, and one successful live birth after a transfer of two embryos.
21k for retrieval, pgd testing, and transfer. 700 a year for frozen embryos.
Dr. Patrizio was supportive of our choice. He gave us all the information and let us choose.
3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
It' a busy clinic, which is good because you can always get ahold of someone 7 days a week but bad because it can be a lot of waiting. The morning monitoring can be a zoo some days. Being a yale clinic they are part of a teaching hospital so you often see residents or fellows as well. I found that they often did not know what they were doing or did not have the answers that I asked for.... The nurses were the best resources there.
3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Yale University.
It is a very large clinic with many people working there. I would often see different people who did not know me or my situation. Sometimes my procedures were not even done by my doctor.
The nurses were the best resources there. Pretty timely in getting back to you and the few nurses I dealt with were the only people there that really knew me and my treatment.
How was your experience with Pasquale Patrizio at Yale University?
I found him to be very rigid in his protocols. Anything I suggested he would say I didn't need it or it wouldn't work for me. Yet we had setbacks and cancelled cycles and he wasn't willing to try different things.
I think he's a good doctor to start treatment with, for many that don't have such a difficult case as mine he has great success.
My protocol was a very basic one using stim drugs for retreival. For my frozen transfers only estrogen was used in preparation, even when it didn't seem to be working, nothing was added to help. He didn't believe anything else would help or make a difference.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Yale University.
The monitoring was first come first served in a time frame in the morning. There was often quite a long line and a long wait to be seen. Also, you almost never saw a doctor in the morning so it was hard to get any questions answered.
I was under insurance when I saw Dr Patrizio so I am unaware of what the costs were.
He did not example the reasoning for using one versus two. He simply asked if we were good doing 2 and did that.
2012 - 2014
3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
The blood work appointments in the morning were the 1 thing I did not like [at Yale]. It was first come first served and you were a number then. The wait was never too long but having to wait with women going through this process is not pleasant. There was a lot of nervous chit chat that could turn competitive. I would wear headphones and tune it out.
2012 - 2014
3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ryan Martin at Yale University?
Dr. Martin and his nurse Kree made both myself and my husband feel like we were not just their patients but their friend/family. They were always concerned with our emotional well being through the fertility process. I still keep in touch with them even after our son was born. They both allowed me to cry, ask as many questions as I needed to, and contact them after hours with questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Yale University. (Assigned nurse: Lakresha)
When, after my third round of IVF I finally had a positive pregnancy test, I came in for an appointment Kree brought me into an exam room and gave me a huge hug and we jumped up and down together! It was enthusiastic as well as discreet(I would never want to flaunt my success in front of other women who may have not had good news that day). She made me feel special every time I went in.
How was your experience with Ryan Martin at Yale University?
He was easy to talk to. He has an easy going personality that instantly made me feel comfortable. We had a 2 unsuccessful rounds prior to conceiving our son- Dr. Martin always had a follow up plan for when we were ready to try again as well as words of encouragement.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ryan Martin at Yale University?
It's difficult to offer advice having gone through this process. Every single situation is different, every reason for seeking fertility treatment is different and everyone seeking fertility has a different personality and emotional threshold. I could say relax and trust him! But relaxing is easier said than done.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Yale University.
The blood work appointments in the morning were the 1 thing I did not like. It was first come first served and you were a number then. The wait was never too long but having to wait with women going through this process is not pleasant. There was a lot of nervous chit chat that could turn competitive. I would wear headphones and tune it out.
Ryan Martin
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Unexplained
[Yale - New Haven Fertility's] Westport [office] was fantastic, kind, prompt, organized. All staff members knew every patient that walked in the door and what they were there for. New Haven, made me feel like cattle. If I arrived first, I had to push my way to stay first in line. Generally, the staff didn't know if you were on IVF or IUI or another procedure.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Unexplained
When using the Westport office, I was a "part of the family" treated very well with the nurse and staff. When at New Haven office, for retrievals and transfers, it was very clinical. The nurses were kind, but I did feel more stress when at New Haven for monitoring and major procedures. Dr P. was a good doctor overall.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Yale University. (Assigned nurse: Patricia O'Neill)
She worked very hard to help me through the process. If I ran low on meds on a Friday, she would loan me meds to get through the weekend. She took my calls, texts and emails promptly. She was very detailed. I don't think YNH could have worked as well, if she wasn't in the mix.
How was your experience with Pasquale Patrizio at Yale University?
He is a very intelligent doctor. He was good. He might be better than the YNH practice.
Ask a lot of questions...
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Yale University.
Monitoring appointments at Westport were completely different than those at New Haven. Westport was fantastic, kind, prompt, organized. All staff members knew every patient that walked in the door and what they were there for. New Haven, made me feel like cattle. If I arrived first, I had to push my way to stay first in line. Generally, the staff didn't know if you were on IVF or IUI or another procedure. It was supposed to start at 7:15 on the weekends, but the ultra-sound doctors didn't show up until 7:30 or 7:45. It took a long time.
2008 - 2012
1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
When I was a patient, the clinic [Yale] was very small so it felt very personable and not at all like a factory (as compared to other clinic in my experience)--this was a huge strength. I felt like 1 of a few patients vs. 1 of hundreds.... Lupron was used back then...this was a long time ago. Also, the old style of egg freezing (slow freeze) was used, which isn't used anymore typically. I'm guessing it would be a different experience at this point given that this was so long ago. I would still go to Dr. Patrizio though, although would want more information about the lab, techniques, etc.
2008 - 2012
1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Yale University.
When I was a patient, the clinic was very small so it felt very personable and not at all like a factory (as compared to other clinic in my experience)--this was a huge strength. I felt like 1 of a few patients vs. 1 of hundreds.
Dr. Patrizio was kind, sensitive, and approachable and explained everything well. However, I was frustrated that I did not know he would not be doing the egg retrieval procedure himself (found out last minute and was quite upset by that).
How was your experience with Pasquale Patrizio at Yale University?
He is very kind, explains things well, likeable and obviously cares. I wish that he had communicated better about the actual egg retrieval and that another doctor would be performing the procedure. It was also a difficult call to decide whether to freeze only eggs or a combo of eggs and embryos.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Yale University.
I did most of my monitoring at a different clinic so cannot comment on this.
$10k
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Everything always runs smoothly [at Yale University], I really like everyone that works there and they are always on time...My first round I loved everyone and the retrieval went very well. The 2nd time I had a different nurse who was so nice but a little more frantic so I had a bit more anxiety. I didn't feel like the drugs were administered properly and I was a bit more uncomfortable during the surgery...There was definitely a long line [for monitoring appointments] but I would say the longest time I ever needed to wait was probably 35 minutes.
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Yale University.
Everything always runs smoothly, I really like everyone that works there and they are always on time.
Everyone at the clinic is very nice and always remembers me
How was your experience with Pasquale Patrizio at Yale University?
He is always kind and answers all my questions (no matter how crazy) and will always let me be my own advocate and take into account any thoughts or ideas I might have. Unfortunately neither of my IVF rounds worked and I only get 2 rounds with my insurance so we have to wait until I have new insurance to do another round.
Ask lots of questions and write down the answers! I often forgot to ask certain things and forgot the responses to many others
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Yale University.
There was definitely a long line but I would say the longest time I ever needed to wait was probably 35 minutes.
Most covered by insurance, I have a $5000 deductible
The Dr. wanted me to chose to do one or 2 embryos. I chose one but I know wish I had been pushed to do 2 depending on odds
2008 - 2010
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Yale Fertility treats you like a number...Nurses were in short supply so aides or newer less experienced nurses often made the afternoon calls about mediciation and procedure based on morning's blood test. Conflicting info, wrong info and readministering a drug I was clearly allergic to....Diffferent nurses or aides called with info on medicine doses and had no idea who I was. All ignored the fact I was having an allegeric reaction to Penilcillin
2008 - 2010
Describe your experience with Yale University.
Yale Fertility treats you like a number.
HIgh turnover. Overworked.
How was your experience with Pasquale Patrizio at Yale University?
He's very knowledgable but more interested in results in a statisical manner as in success rate as opposed to what would work best for you. Anesthesia did not help in pain of egg retrieval and I have a high tolerance for pain. Also, had horrific reaction to penilcillin and they kept administering it, even when my eyes swelled shut and it felt like a blow torch was being held to my chest.
Insist on instructions and medication doses in writing. Deal with head nurse if you can't deal with Patrizio. Also the "therapist" at Yale Fertility is very insensititve.
4 IUI, IVF
Everyone [at Yale] is on the same page.
4 IUI, IVF
Extremely informative, thoughtful, and candid. Very calm and direct. Interactive with other staff and very clear with instructions. Everyone is on the same page.
How was your experience with Ryan Martin at Yale University?
Doctors are mostly professional and caring at that level and in my limited experience. He did however have a way of communicating his questions and thoughts clearly which made me feel kconfident his plans would be carried out as intended, even relating to what our insurance covered etc.
Ryan Martin