Medical SchoolU. of Tennessee
1725 Medical Center Parkway
Murfreesboro, TN 37129
345 23rd Ave. N
Nashville, TN 37203
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Abby Eblen to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Nashville Fertility Center to a friend?
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
In person, she [Dr. Eblen] was wonderful. While you didn't see her often, she was kind, attentive, and listened. Her bedside manner was perfect. Once I had multiple failures, she truly wanted to help and keep going, but I felt like there was a laundry list of things we could try, but nothing that actually seemed to be based on MY case. Just lots of "well, this exists so let's try it..."... I do wish I had gotten more time with her. As a function of the clinic, you're kind of passed around which feels impersonal and mechanical. This wasn't her fault, but it did get in the way of building full trust in my doctor.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Abby Eblen at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Eblen was a great doctor. While I didn't see her much, I enjoyed the time I spent with her, and felt she was incredibly informative. Her initial consult was thorough, personal, and enlightening. Overall, I do wish I had gotten more time with her. As a function of the clinic, you're kind of passed around which feels impersonal and mechanical. This wasn't her fault, but it did get in the way of building full trust in my doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Abby Eblen at Nashville Fertility Center?
Write down your questions, and be organized. She goes incredibly quickly. She'll answer every question you have, but she'll do it fast.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Abby Eblen at Nashville Fertility Center?
In person, she was wonderful. While you didn't see her often, she was kind, attentive, and listened. Her bedside manner was perfect. Once I had multiple failures, she truly wanted to help and keep going, but I felt like there was a laundry list of things we could try, but nothing that actually seemed to be based on MY case. Just lots of "well, this exists so let's try it..."
Describe the protocols Abby Eblen used in your cycles at Nashville Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I wasn't very responsive during the first round, so the second retrieval was far more aggressive (and helped!), resulting in 5 more eggs being retrieved. She also kept close watch on my progesterone levels post transfer, and adjust as necessary.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Tina)
Tina was my primary contact, and she was the best nurse I could have ever asked for! Caring, organized, patient, kind. She was the most incredible part of the process by far, always taking the very best care of me. She answered all our questions, kept us calm, and provided thorough education every step of the way.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Nashville Fertility Center is a beautiful facility, with a great staff. The doctors/nurses/scientists get together every week to discuss the cases, which I loved. I really felt the camaraderie among the staff was palpable. I didn't like that you didn't know who was doing your procedures. While I certainly don't blame the various docs for cycle failures, every doctor was so different, and it felt inconsistent.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Abby Eblen at Nashville Fertility Center.
Costs for 2 retrievals, 3 transfers, PGS, monitoring, (and meds, not through the clinic) cost around $35k
Describe Abby Eblen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Nashville Fertility Center.
We elected to do a single transfer for the first round, as we had lots of reason to believe it would work. The second round, we transferred one as that was all we had left. Third transfer was single, as it was PGS tested.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Other
Dr. Eblen is a warm and personable doctor. She took the time to explain my abnormal anatomy and was open to helping me get pregnant. She was limited in the knowledge of my abnormality which is expected since it’s rare. She did a fantastic job in removing my polyps. However, she failed to warn me about a medicine side effect before my surgery. I feel like she could have done more research in order to help me since my situation was unique.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Other
How was your experience with Abby Eblen at Nashville Fertility Center?
You have to ask her to explore all options when deciding on a treatment plan.
Long waiting times. The nurses and NPs were not warm nor helpful with resources. Phone calls with nurses did not explained the medicine purpose.
I did the all the tests such as genetic test, blood test for hormones and thyroid, hysterosalpingogram, sonohysterography, ultrasounds, and MRI. I learned i have MTHFR mutation. They also found polyps which were removed. The first two cycles, I took Clomid and did timed intercourse. The 4 IUIs - took clomid and then femera on days 5-7, then trigger shot if follicle and lining were the right measurements, and next day was intrauterine insemination.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kelly)
The nursing staff were always busy and not always engaging. They tried to be gentle during test and procedures. They tended to forget about preparing the assigned nurse due to my unique anatomy which led to prolonged and sometimes painful procedures. I had to start reminding them to warn the nurses ahead of time.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
The front staff were not welcoming nor warm. It was a challenge to connect with the friendly surgery coordinator, since she was so busy. One of the backup ultrasound techs commented on my disability which was inappropriate. I did love Dr. Eblen and her willingness to take my case.
My insurance covered the tests, most of the medicines, and 50% of the fertility treatments after I met my deductible. The IUIs were several hundreds dollars and husband sperm wash was not covered so it was around $400.
2005 - 2011
Anovulation, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Eblen was always very personable and upfront about next steps. It was always a delight to meet with her - even when my unexplained secondary fertility issues drug on....Dr. Eblen was always fantastic - she was very knowledgeable, personable and I looked forward to meeting with her during the long journey to have my second child. She was always willing to work at the pace that I was ready for and I felt safe in her care....Ask lots of questions - there are things doctors just don't think of that are super helpful from a patient perspective.
2005 - 2011
Anovulation, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Abby Eblen at Nashville Fertility Center?
I started with Clomid cycles and was able to conceive my daughter on the 1st IUI. I repeated the Clomid cycles 2-3 years later without success, did several rounds of injectible stimulation drugs + IUIs with no success. Finally, I did one IVF cycle - however at a different clinic out of state because the cost was much less.
The biggest complaint I had was the constant turnover of nursing staff as well as different staff being responsible for different days. So Tuesday you might talk to one nurse and then on Thursday you'd have to explain all over again to that day's nurse. Would be MUCH MORE conducive to patient relations and overall success rates, to have a consistent nurse to talk with each cycle.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Over a span of 5 years and 15 cycles, I spent a lot of time going to and from this office. You will have to ask the questions and be an informed patient. Also, while I think this office does truly care about patient success and building families, you have to cut through the doctor speak sometimes.
IUIs & sperm thawing = $400/cycle Ultrasounds = $175/each Bloodwork = $25-100/each Office visits = $100/each
Nashville
Dr. Eblen is super sweet. She listens to every statement or question that you ask. You can tell that she is compassionate about helping people get pregnant. She explains in detail in a way that you can clearly understand... She educated us that they only transfer one single embryo that has the best chance of survival. I prefer a single embryo over multiple.
How was your experience with Abby Eblen at Nashville Fertility Center?
The one piece of advice i would give is to ALWAYS leave a message if you dont get answer on the phone. They are busy and messages are the best way to contact them.
I felt like a human because the staff are super friendly. Every time I got emotional due to diagnosis they comforted me. They were hopeful for me. I love that when you walk in they immediately greet you and give you a wrist band. They also have christian values which are important to me.
She did a transvaginal ultrasound to look at my uterus, ovaries and follicles. She then felt because my periods are regular that doing IUI without medication assistant was best.
The nursing staff are all very friendly and informative. However, sometimes the communication between themselves could use improvement. I also think they should make it easier to contact them for payments etc. Besides that this is an awesome clinic and I refer everyone to them.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
the clinics strengths: friendly, informative, compassionate, knowledgeable and caring. They love what they do and you can tell. Clinics weaknesses: trying to reach them via phone can be tasking at times.
the cost is pretty typical for fertility treatments
2014 - 2018
She [Dr. Abby Eblen] was able to answer some of our questions and did not try to push for another cycle after 7 failed cycles...I wish that I was able to speak with her more than just the nurses when it came to my treatment plans...I also wish that the procedures were more closely monitored carefully because I was an outlier who happened to suffer from a mild case of OHSS with low doses of follistim aq.
How was your experience with Abby Eblen at Nashville Fertility Center?
I wish that I was able to speak with her more than just the nurses when it came to my treatment plans. However, I also wish that the procedures were more closely monitored carefully because I was an outlier who happened to suffer from a mild case of OHSS with low doses of follistim aq. This really frustrates me because it seems as I was then treated as a number than a paying patient, which really ticked my husband and I off completely.
Be prepared to ask many questions before ending a consult with her or you will be highly upset because you will not be seeing much of her but rather her nurse.
She was able to answer some of our questions and did not try to push for another cycle after 7 failed cycles.
Due to my age and diagnosis, I was given the antagonist protocol. However, everyone is different and will be given different protocols.
I’ve noticed my particular nurse gets irritable with me easily and I wasn’t a big fan of that. However, she is definitely knowledgeable and hope that she will be more professional this time when I am going for my next cycle.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
The strengths I see in the clinic is changing the previous employees in the front desk because before they were very rude and had no smiles on their face. I also want to point out that certain nurses go above and beyond to make you feel more comfortable in the environment especially with what most couples are experiencing in this hard time of conceiving.
2012 - 2013
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
I was her [Dr. Abby Eblen] patient for over a year and I never really even saw her. We only spoke once, and she seemed very rushed...She seemed rushed, and she didn't act like the questions I had researched to ask her were important or interesting. She also never performed my IUIs...I did 4 IUIs. She suggested I do three and then start IVF, but I just wanted to make sure. None of them resulted in pregnancy.
2012 - 2013
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Abby Eblen at Nashville Fertility Center?
Make the drive to Chattanooga and see Dr. Rink Murray instead. If that's not an option, then do your own homework because she will not explain or elaborate anything.
I was her patient for over a year and I never really even saw her. We only spoke once, and she seemed very rushed.
Three different nurses performed my IUIs, and one of those times took so long the nurse made me hold the catheter of my husband's sperm against my chest to "keep it warm." The fourth IUI was performed by a different doctor, a male. None of the IUIs worked. The nurses routinely did things like toss syringes across tables and seemed to have trouble making eye contact or small talk. It was all pretty weird.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
The clinic's strength is that it is conveniently located in Nashville, where I live, and has a beautiful view from the waiting room. Its weaknesses are the rather creepy nursing staff, inattentive doctors, and lack of financial options that other Tennessee fertility clinics provide (such as pregnancy-or-your-money-back IVF).
I believe my IUIs cost about $700 each.
2011 - 2012
She [Dr Abby Eblen] removed a uterine polyp and said that it was the reason we were not getting pregnant. She then ordered 2 IUIs that were unsuccessful with Clomid. She did not additional testing after the first failed iui....Dr. Eblen is very straight forward. She is so busy that there is very little time for her to answer questions. the IUI procedures are performed by the nurses and you rarely will see the dr.
2011 - 2012
How was your experience with Abby Eblen at Nashville Fertility Center?
Have a list of questions ready and be prepared to advocate for your own care. She will not order all the tests needed, so you will need to educate yourself and ask for tests.
Dr. Eblan was nice and thorough, but Nashville Fertility Clinic is very much an assembly line. The front desk, phlebotomist, and Ultra-Sound Tech act totally annoyed if you ask any questions.
She removed a uterine polyp and said that it was the reason we were not getting pregnant. She then ordered 2 IUIs that were unsuccessful with Clomid. She did not additional testing after the first failed iui.
A few of them were nice and attentive but in general they are so understaffed that they have no time for providing compassion or to answer questions.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Strengths : Multiple Drs, so easier to get an appointment, after hours attention, act quickly Weaknesses : LBGT unfriendly, I had friends who were treated poorly, don't always run all the necessary tests to find the real reason. assembly line.
Some fees were covered by insurance, but IUI was roughly $650 without the cost of the medication.
2014 - 2018
She [Dr. Abby Eblen] talked very fast and assumed I understood all of the abbreviations and acronyms. I am not finished with my treatment and am still confused at each visit. If I can walk away from this process with a baby, it will all be worth it, but a little compassion would be nice...I think she is competent and good at the technical aspect of her job, however she seems to be out of touch about the emotional and financial aspects of this journey.
How was your experience with Abby Eblen at Nashville Fertility Center?
I think she is competent and good at the technical aspect of her job, however she seems to be out of touch about the emotional and financial aspects of this journey. She talked very fast and assumed I understood all of the abbreviations and acronyms. I am not finished with my treatment and am still confused at each visit. If I can walk away from this process with a baby, it will all be worth it, but a little compassion would be nice.
Do you research ahead of time so you can keep up with the information she will give you.
Felt very rushed, talked over.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Technically competent, but very out of touch with patients with financial burdens. Seem very much like a number and not a person. There are not many options in Nashville and this process is already too stressful to travel to another clinic.
Total cost for meds, IVF, PGD, and ICIS about $23K
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
She [Dr. Abby Eblen] talks fast but puts all the clinical lingo in legman's terms which I very much appreciate. She is a nice caring person who I trust and would recommend to anyone. I like the setup the office uses between Dr.'s, personal mailboxes, and IVF nurses. Nashville Fertility Center runs like a well oiled machine.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
How was your experience with Abby Eblen at Nashville Fertility Center?
She talks fast but puts all the clinical lingo in legman's terms which I very much appreciate. She is a nice caring person who I trust and would recommend to anyone. I like the setup the office uses between Dr.'s, personal mailboxes, and IVF nurses. Nashville Fertility Center runs like a well oiled machine.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Laurie Lee)
Every nurse, ultrasound tech, phlebotomist, receptionist, etc. is great. They all understand the clients they are seeing are there for help and hurting.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
The clinic is great - you see the same people time after time and there are not ever any scheduling difficulties. The only 'con' is sometimes if you need to page your IVF nurse you might have to wait 10-20 minutes.
$16,000 (approximately) for IVF - this does not include medication costs.
How was your experience with Abby Eblen at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Eblen is energetic - she is quick and to-the-point, but she is also very kind and provides plenty of information. She guided us through some challenging appointments with compassion. Our appointments with her were almost always on time.
Dr. Eblen clearly conveyed information about diagnosis and treatment at each visit. She answered my questions and provided references for more information on certain topics. She guided me through challenging experiences in a sympathetic but not overly sappy manner.
They knew us - they understood our highs and lows.