Abe Halfen

Stony Brook, NY 11790
West Islip
1111 Montauk Hwy
West Islip, NY 11795
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Abe Halfen to a friend?
Don't recommend: 100%6
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Specialists of New York to a friend?
4 IUI, IVF
I would describe Doctor Halfen as old fashion. He is very polite and tries to be warm, but he is so straight foward some times that the warm part gets lost. He helds his opinion and approach as the right one leaving no room for suggestions. After my third failed IUI, I was looking to try something different. I was in Femara in the second and third IUI and I wanted to try Clomid for my fourth and last IUI among other suggestions I brought up, but he did not agree and it was not done. My fourth IUI was also a failed attempt.
4 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Abe Halfen at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Abe Halfen at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Listen to Doctor Halfen's suggestions for treatment, but remember that you ultimately is who decides how to proceed. Do some research and be strong when suggesting changes.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Abe Halfen at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
He was very straight foward which was good. He was polite and respecful, however, I felt very discorauge to ask questions. He felt very strongly about his approach and left no room for suggestions.
Describe the protocols Abe Halfen used in your cycles at Reproductive Specialists of New York and their degree of success.
I was in Femara 5mg daily for 5 days starting on day 3 of my mentrual period.
They were compassionated and kind.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
The three facilities are very convenient. They are clean and well mantained. They have convenient appointment times and the staff is cordial. Depending what facility is closer to you, you might see different doctors every visit. I think this is a weakness. I would like to be constant and for my doctor to always be the one seeing my results.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Abe Halfen at Reproductive Specialists of New York.
IUI cycles: covered by insurance $900 copay $60 each (4 cycles total) Medication: covered by insurance copay (around) $100
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Abe Halfen